GetResponse

Web-based email marketing software that helps business owners to build permission-based mailing lists, maximize conversion ratios, increase profitability and build customer confidence.

Work for GetResponse?

Showing 393 GetResponse reviews
GetResponse review by <span>Aaron C.</span>
Aaron C.
Validated Review

Looking for Marketo Junior - SMB price?

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that I get a drag and drop email, landing page, marketing automation, web form, and mini crm all for a low-end price point. I've used Marketo and loved it but needed a budget cut. I tried Campaign Monitor, but it didn't have a landing page tool. Get Response is perfect for our small business.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't allow for full modification of DKIM records. Marketo and Campaign Monitor allowed me to get rid of the "On behalf of" in the from the section of Outlook emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you look into GetResponse if you are looking to consolidate your applications and move to an all in one platform.

I'm able to more quickly and effectively get campaigns up and running and am able to better tie lead generation from the web to the marketing tool and synced back to our CRM.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jakub Sadowski of GetResponse

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for a kind word and taking the time to write a review of GetResponse services.

I'll pass your note about DKIM on to Product Development team.

Best,

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GetResponse
GetResponse review by <span>Cianna R.</span>
Cianna R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the drag and drop building technology and the ease of uploading my photos and content into the form. It makes it easy to build for a client and allow them to fill in the sections they need! Easy throwing together a promo email from their already completed templates makes lives so much easier.

What do you dislike?

Adjusting the size of photos, and their positioning in GetResponse is clumsy and takes a while. You have a lot of learning to try to get things to line up exactly as you want and choosing your photo, and choosing a photo background buttons look identical so it is easy to mix up and do the wrong thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is much better if you pay for it. The free one is not as good as the paid version. Invest if you're planning to use this software.

GetResponse allows us to connect with our potential clients in a great environment. The newsletters are pretty quick to customize and gets our sales and potential promotions out quickly. We can add admins and other to work on the email while others are busy and that's a benefit of the business account. Many people can all work together.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jakub Sadowski of GetResponse

Hi Cianna,

Thank you for your honest opinion on GetResponse. I’m glad that you enjoy using our software and it makes your life easier.

Regards,

jakub.sadowski@getresponse.com

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

GetResponse review by <span>Łukasz K.</span>
Łukasz K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

That's a long list but the most important features are statistics, RSS to email, and marketing automation. The things you can do with marketing automation workflows. My head was about to explode trying to visualize and combine all the possible customer journeys but I managed and GR provided. Great experience.

What do you dislike?

The fact that not all functions are properly described (what do they actually do), especilly automation workflow actions and some unclear language assignment rules. For instance, lead's language depends on the language of campaign they are assigned to. But what if they are assigned to several campaigns? If you, GR, are reading this, you could make it clearer if these are separate records or just campaigns are assigned to contact records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the new UI - it's much better. And when contacting support, use the online chat. You would have to wait a long time if you mailed them. Overall, the experience is OK. But that's just because the tool is so extensive - which makes it harder to learn it but gives you a lot of features. Mind you, it may look like I don't recommend this tool but I wholeheartedly do. It's just it does have some issues.

The majority of our automated or mass email communication is handled by GetResponse. It took a lot of time to set it up but once it's configured, you do get a lot handled for you. Sure, you need to adjust a thing or two from time to time but that's just improving your communication.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Jakub Sadowski of GetResponse

Hi Łukasz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of GetResponse services. I’m glad that you enjoy using it and it helps your business.

Please reach me out via email to specify your notes about unclear language assignments. We always appreciate users feedback and try our best to meet the customers' expectations.

Best,

GetResponse review by <span>Vincent D.</span>
Vincent D.
Validated Review

Works well for small size businesses

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Automated communication including segmentation and personalization. Ease of creating Scoring cycles to deliver on your corporate programs. Frequent updates and improvements to features offered. Customer service is amazing compared to any other companies I've worked with online!

What do you dislike?

Data integration is really not following the automation piece. Data is the source of everything. Not being able to offer an FTP for data automation from external sources additional to the API offered is a problem. Also, easier way to validate programming language HTML, Javascript would be a must.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For budget/small companies, I wouldn't hesitate a second if you are looking for a complete set of email marketing automation software. It offers all you need to compete against the bigger market, you just need some help from a tech. guy to set you up and get trained on the platform.

Marketing Email Automation. Stay connected with our customers including relevant content

GetResponse review by <span>David F.</span>
David F.

Absolutely a Nightmare Experience

Validated Review
What do you like best?

GetResponse offers a broad line of products

What do you dislike?

Absolutely the worst customer care I have ever received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ususally find good in all situations, and sadly I cannot say this to be the case with what I now call GetNOResponse. The customer care is absolutely horrible. I have been lied to and pushed aside for the past day and they seemed to not care that I had clients waiting on answers. I can understand most things, but being lied to when the truth would have at least saved time for all of us. Their chat bot/customer service team via online chat was rude, dismissive and a far cry from professional. Jeff the chat bot or maybe human finally got to me after the chat said I would be waiting for 24 minutes to receive some assistance. Then he basically said too bad oh well. Serioulsy there are many options in this space, I can confidently tell you that you will be better off with a number of the others like Sendinblue or AWeber.

Email marketing for agency and clients.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Krista Liebmann, MBA, MA of GetResponse

Hello David,

I'm very sorry to read about your experience with GetResponse. What you experienced was the exact opposite of what we try to provide.

If you would care to give us another chance, please feel free to email me directly with the questions you had -- either yours or your client's -- and I will have your questions and concerns investigated and expedited. I'll make sure you get the help you need.

Kindest regards,

Krista Liebmann

Head of Social Media

GetResponse review by <span>Maria W.</span>
Maria W.

GetResponse for automated marketing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use GetResponse for automated campaigns and list building (using Formidable Forms on a Wordpress site). The automation piece is very simple to understand and build. We have played around with the webinar feature, and it is very robust. It is designed specifically for webinars with mostly 1 speaker, and doesn't work well as a conference call type of class. But the very best thing about GetResponse is their instant customer service via chat. I will run into something that I can't figure out how to do, I pop open the chat window, and have my answer in a couple of minutes.

What do you dislike?

Some things in the interface are not very intuitive. Like when I want to create an email as part of my automated campaign, and it's called a "newsletter." But like I said above, the answers are only moments away with their chat support, so I can't complain. One of the things I really don't like is that when you remove a contact from one of your lists, it's gone. There is no "all contacts" repository where you could keep a contact, but without any list memberships.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software especially for a company just getting its feet wet with automated marketing campaigns. It's cost effective and pretty simple to use after an initial learning curve. And even for experienced marketers, it offers plenty of features.

We are using GetResponse for automated campaigns, for event registration, and for surveys.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Krista Liebmann, MBA, MA of GetResponse

Hi Maria,

I'm so glad to read that you've enjoyed our service so far, and very happy to see that our customer support has been helpful. I'll pass that along to the team. :)

Thank you for the feedback about the contacts. I'll pass your idea of a contacts repository to our developers for consideration.

I hope you continue to enjoy your GetResponse account, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any challenges.

Kindest regards,

Krista Liebmann

Head of Social Media

Learning about GetResponse?

* We monitor all GetResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.