gINT

gINT provides data storage and reporting solution that is customized to meet your needs, from entering borehole log data manually or importing from electronic field data, and more, allowing you to store subsurface data.

Work for gINT?

Learning about gINT?

gINT Reviews

Showing 6 gINT reviews
gINT review by Paul T.
Paul T.

"A great, necessary evil!"

What do you like best?

Simply: it does the job. In a very round about, clunky, clumsy and frustrating way.

Creating / amending / editing log templates is simple enough. Input of data of fairly simple. Implementation of ags data is possible.

User interface is clear and simple - there are no bells and whistles in gINT.

What do you dislike?

Incredibly frustrating bugs appear in every version. For example clicking off a cell that one is inputting data to rather than pressing Return can lead to loss of data for that cell.

If one puts the EOH as x, WLS data must meet that value. However one has to then increase x to input DP data, to then have to go back and change to its original value before the system realises the WLS data does not add up to x.

Despite the interface being a logically laid out series of nested menus it is nonetheless menus and submenus that predominate. There is no attempt at making the interface intuitive. To be fair I am not sure if the interface is user-customisable however I also know that the way it is currently just puts me off wanting to attempt to go changing anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used gINT's main competitor, Holebase, but I believe it has a similar level of frustrating performance. Overall it does the job, and goes it well, but not without its problems. Through its use you come to know these problems and know how to avoid them but expect a few days of frustrating use initially.

Used for central storage of all field data and laboratory data and used to produce logs on standardised templates to send to clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about gINT
gINT review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Consider yourself warned."

What do you like best?

I used to enjoy the versatility of being able to make my own reports and write the code to populate it. Now, I like that my firm is abandoning gINT in favor of Holebase.

What do you dislike?

I have used the program for 15 years (!!) Power user, attended gINT-hosted training and was the subject matter expert for my office. Once Bentley bought gINT the downward spiral started. It is now my least favorite program. We are switching to holebase and PLog. I will never touch Bentley software again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would not touch this with a ten metre pole.

It was a cumbersome, but useful program before Bentley bought it. I used it to design reports showing various downhole data in a plethora of styles.

What Geology and Seismic solution do you use?

gINT review by Ross N.
Ross N.

"day to day use"

What do you like best?

Honestly there isn't much I like, the only reason I use this product is because I have too.

What do you dislike?

Nearly everything. The undo button only undo's the last thing you did. the report design is horrendous and like Frankenstein's monster of programming with no real common sense behind it.

Whilst editing a cell if you happen to click on 85% of the screen area it will delete whatever is in the cell.

you cant have the first page and last page of the report at a different orientation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

band together and create a new program to surpass gINT.

benefits are that I am the only one willing to learn the stupid setup and able to create new reports for my managers.

gINT review by Callum H.
Callum H.

"Not very user friendly "

What do you like best?

I find it helpful the way the programme allows standardised reports to be produced quickly which increases productivity when large volumes of logs are needed to be produced in a short period of time . The programme also makes error checking of AGS data efficient and easy.

What do you dislike?

From my personal experience the programme is very glitchy. When clicking out of a cell, all data inputted can be lost instantly. This is massively frustrating when the contents of a cell can be lost so easily. I often find myself inputting data twice due to this problem.

Editing of templates is also very difficult when, for example, the size of a box on a report may need changing to fit larger volumes of text. There is no simple drag and drop way of making these alterations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find gINT is better than other such programmes like holebase however this is not much of a recommendation. The forums can be a useful place to resolve issues with gINT however when they are inevitably encountered.

Our company have used gINT to build reports specific to our industry which is clearly a massive advantage when a template can be made once and then used again and again saving time and effort.

gINT review by Consultant in Civil Engineering
Consultant in Civil Engineering

"gINT"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. If you understand the program then the work can be done

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get used to the quirks and bugs of the program. Though, it has been updated in the recent years it takes a while to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does the job well but you need to spend time and go over previous examples for it to work seamlessly.

It is used by our engineers to store site data and used to produce logs.

gINT review by Joseph R.
Joseph R.

"Every geotechnical office needs this"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and easily develops a nice professional report.

What do you dislike?

The cost might be high compared to someone who just wants to utilize excel or another program.

Developing soil profiles and the benefit of this program is that you can do that very quickly with just data entry.

Learning about gINT?

* We monitor all gINT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.