Git Tower

Version control with Git - made easy. In a beautiful, efficient, and powerful app.

Work for Git Tower?
Ibm rational team concert versioncontrol  2x

Learning about Git Tower?

Git Tower Reviews

Ask Git Tower a Question
Showing 16 Git Tower reviews
Git Tower review by <span>Christopher H.</span>
Christopher H.

Simple to navigate and easy GIT alternative

What do you like best?

The best part about Git Tower is it's simple user interface. I've been a beta tester for the last two major version releases and they consistently are pushing the bar in useful features within the app. I'm not a fan of command line for many tasks and Git Tower makes it extremely easy to use with strong keyboard shortcuts and quick actions to get complex commands done quickly. Git Tower seamlessly integrates with an alternate terminal application as well as your Diff Tool of choice.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about the new version is they altered a frequently used keyboard shortcut to a new command. This is not a game changer but I'm hoping that in the future they do not follow that trend as keyboard shortcuts are the life-blood of my productivity.

The biggest barrier for a new developer I add to my team is the ability to use Git effectively. With Git Tower they no longer have to remember a complex list of commands to get things done. It's all handled in the user interface and we can customize the app's toolbar to accommodate the most important tasks. This has made on-boarding of entry-level developers quicker to be productive in out team environment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Git Tower
Git Tower review by User in Information Technology and Services

Git nicer, faster and easier !

What do you like best?

Tower is the best graphical user interface for git. But wait, I am a geek, and the command line is my best tool... well yes but not when I need to look at git logs, git diffs, git blame, or when I should manage staging partial changes. The nice aspect is that I do not have to choose, I can use Tower and the command line together. And I should admit that Tower is taking progressively the advantage over the command line. The UI is slim and efficient for the purpose. No fuzz. I could have used my IDE for the purpose, and I do sometime, but Tower is far more tailored to the task. The best feature is probably your ability to selectively stage or discard changes. And having a UI similar to GitHub on your desktop for browsing project is a real advantage.

What do you dislike?

The search feature in the logs is fast but work like a filter, and what I need is to find that commit in its context. Maybe I missed that feature, but this is very annoying to have a filter in place of search for that purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Git, you need Tower ! This tools is force sure tailored to your need. The price might seems expensive, but you will never regret it. Reviewing your commit with Tower is so nice that you will quickly wonder how you work without it.

As a developer, I need to dig into project history every day, and Tower allows me to do it better, faster and with more fun.

What Version Control Clients solution do you use?

Git Tower review by <span>Tyler D.</span>
Tyler D.

Git Tower is a great GUI tool for those who aren't comfortable using the command line.

What do you like best?

Git Tower has a user-friendly interface and makes the often complicated git commands a breeze. It simplifies the process of managing several different repos as well, which is a big feature for freelancers who are working on more than one project at a time.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple bugs I haven't been able to figure out, namely that the DiffMerge tool doesn't open when I try to solve merge conflicts. I'm not sure why this is and I haven't been able to find a solution. I don't need to use it too often though, so it's more of an annoyance than a huge problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Github Desktop, Git Fork

Git Tower allows designers and developers to get up and running quickly with a git platform (we use Github at our company). Git and the commands involved with git are notoriously tricky, especially since the native way to accomplish anything is through the command line, which many people aren't comfortable with.

Git Tower review by Administrator in Computer Software

Takes the guess work out of your git flow process

What do you like best?

The graphic interface is simple to use and easy to set up. The ability to follow git flow patterns makes this software one of our most integral parts of our internal process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a better merge tool built in. It now uses a diff tool which I defined in the settings, but it would be nice if it would intelligently walk you through merge conflicts. Otherwise, no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is great! We use it on all of our projects and across multiple teams. I highly recommend it.

Git tower allows us to define a process around our path to product release. We can follow the git flow pattern to define features, hotfixes, releases, and more to establish a context with out branches. It also integrates seamlessly with git which makes working with a team an easy to manage task.

Git Tower review by <span>Victor H.</span>
Victor H.

The best Git client for Mac and Windows, seriusly

What do you like best?

Branching, comparing, pushing, merging everything is perfect, you can manage many repositories easily, also the website tutorials are AWESOME. Let me tell you: if you want to know which is the best git client, is this one. Do not look for something else. Easy to install on Mac, it can be really helpful for new git users who do not know about all the git commands. The interface is simply perfect. The visibility of the options is great.

What do you dislike?

The price is too high, it should be more accessible for people around the world, I have used the trial version and it was great but I can not afford it because my currency sucks. I do not know if it's possible to export diffs between branches using PDF reports, but it will be nice to have. I will like to have access to a linux application. I do not like there is no way to run custom git commands on this client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please watch the videos online, they teach you everything from creating a repository to manage branches, they are all very simple to understand.

I solved my needs on tagging repos and creating branches easily, I also can show the difference between commits to my collaborators. Git Tower makes your daily git process really simple, some times you forgot what are the commands to do some tasks and here comes this app which solves this issue.

Git Tower review by User in Computer Software

My experience with GitTower

What do you like best?

It's the best mac app for handling git repositories. It's well integrated into the OS look and feel. It's fast and simple to use. I've bought it 3 years ago and i have been using it ever since.

What do you dislike?

It has some bugs. For example, the GitHub integration is a little buggy, and it has some trouble handling big files or files with lots of changes. Either way, overall it's a good experience and i like it a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate, it's the best git client on Mac. While the price is a little bit high, it's worth every penny!

I learned git through GitTower. Using this product you can start using git with basically 0 knowledge of the git system. You learn every git feature by using GitTower.

Learning about Git Tower?

* We monitor all Git Tower reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.