GitKraken

GitKraken is a software that makes Git commands and processes easy, fast, and intuitive, it has a visually appealing experience that requires fewer interactions, allows for more fluid workflows, and provides total functionality.

Work for GitKraken?
Ibm rational team concert versioncontrol  2x

Learning about GitKraken?

GitKraken Reviews

Showing 27 GitKraken reviews
GitKraken review by <span>Ivo J.</span>
Ivo J.

Second by second, this saves me hours of work

What do you like best?

The UI is very easy to understand, the tree view is amazing and most operations are a click away.

You can open Pull Requests on Github, merge branches, branch off, amend commits, cherry-pick commits, solve merge conflicts with ease..

Besides the UI looks gorgeous and you can select from light and dark themes.

Plus, now it has Glo, a card/task manager tool built into it that integrates seamlessly with Github Issues.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike on GitKraken.. I'm sorry it is not possible to setup a GPG key to sign commits, and I would like to have an easier way to see all previous versions of a file. All else is just there!

This makes it easier to deal with feature branches, merging code, reordering commits etc.. all things that I knew how to do on the CLI but was always a bit afraid of doing.

With GitKraken, I feel confident thus I do things faster and safer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GitKraken
GitKraken review by <span>mohsin s.</span>
mohsin s.

Easy to install and use it. Strongly recommend it

What do you like best?

It runs natively on all famous operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Project organization is done very amazingly by GitKraken. I can manage my Repos, and organize with it easily. Github and BitBucket easy integrated and can be used without a trouble. Drag and Drop feature has made life so easy and searches fuzzy finder is very fast and amazing. It's really to easy to work with such beautiful colors and themes given by GitKraken.

What do you dislike?

The trial is only for 7 days of GitKraken pro. It should be of 15 days so New users can understand the vast features of GitKraken. For small startups of a team of 10 users, it's expensive 390$ a month for 10 users which is 39$ for 1 user per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazing platform that increases the workflow and boosts users and encourages to work them by using amazing graphical user interface and features.

it has increased the workflow and made integrations so easy for us.

Drag and drop features and Premium features had made my team and I, productive Git user

What Version Control Clients solution do you use?

GitKraken review by <span>Erick D.</span>
Erick D.

Best Git client ever.

What do you like best?

I really like and use it mostly as a visualization tool. Helps me understand project structure and the different features that are being worked on in various branches. GitKraken is my go-to whenever I'm dealing with merge conflicts since they can be a bit puzzling.

What do you dislike?

The UI can look very bloated and overwhelming at times, due to all the different features, options, buttons, etc. that GitKraken has. In a way, this is good because you can do virtually anything with GitKraken, you just need to know where to look for the option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time trying to learn the UI and all that GitKraken offers. I watched a few tutorials to start off and kind of went on reading articles gradually as I used it a bit more.

We manage considerably big projects and since it's not only one, going from one project to another can be very confusing since one usually gets used to one project / git structure . We use it to manage the different project's branches and pull requests.

GitKraken review by <span>Itai B.</span>
Itai B.

The most intuitive GIT UI I have ever seen!

What do you like best?

Drag and Drop. Everything (well, many things) seems to be as simple as Drag and Drop. Move files between branches? Drag and Drop. Move tags? Drag and Drop. Rebase? Drag and Drop!

It also has a great compare and merge tools built in.

For the Pro and Enterprise version it also has GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket support.

And it's written on the Electron platform, which means it's cross platform!

EDIT:

Lately, on Linux at least, the software started making problems, like endless loading when trying to push or pull. So give it a shot, maybe it's fixed already, but for now it lowers the score.

What do you dislike?

The pricing. While its free for startups in their first year and for personal use, for every other company it has a monthly fee. In some versions it's a licence per seat.

Now don't get me wrong - the fee isn't that high considering the ease of use it brings, but still, I think it's only a matter of time until other tools will clone the great ideas GitKraken introduced to the world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can allow yourselves to spend the money (a yearly fee), do it. You won't regret (And if for some reason you do - it has a yearly fee subscription pricing model and you can always start with the free trial version so you can cancel at any time).

Ease of use in everything related to source control management using GIT. Plus, I think it has migration feature from other source control systems.

GitKraken review by <span>Ramón Giovanny C.</span>
Ramón Giovanny C.

Excellent tool to work with prepositories in Git

What do you like best?

The best system for comparing version control in a project and integrating development teams to your repositories allows you to work with systems such as git flow to create sub modules to a repository and chain of independent repositories in a large project.

What do you dislike?

Actually there are few things that I do not like in this system, I would vote to improve the user interface a bit, it takes less time to load, it is a bit heavy when starting

Recommendations to others considering the product

This allows more optimally work on version control systems, very useful for large teams, has excellent integration with Gitflow and allows you to add submodules to a large project, the learning curve is not so simple to do more complex things but still being the most complete option to work with Git.

Being able to audit large teams in large projects, improves the merging of branches, and allows to review and resolve conflicts in a project in a more efficient and professional way.

GitKraken review by <span>George D.</span>
George D.

Beautiful git experience

What do you like best?

The interface and user experience is cool.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps sometimes fails to connect to Gitlab. Not sure why though. Hoping should be fixed in near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First of all don't forget to put dark or light theme as you prefer. Then go and authenticate. Add you favorite git provider, I use Gitlab mostly. Clone your repository anywhere you wish on your local machine and you are good to go. You won't ever have to use terminal git commands when having GitKraken opened. It's just so easy to figure out even without documentation and tutorial videos.

The thing I loved recently about GitKraken is how easily I was able to add my DigitalOcean server as a remote to my Gitlab repository and pushing some changes to it in a snap. You just have to change your upstream for the local clone of your repository to the remote that you wish to push to and you are so good to go.

Just get it, watch some official Youtube video tutorials about the features and you won't be disappointed. Oh, and it also has git flow feature in the settings, if you wish you can enable that for the repository of your choosing. It's great.

Interacting with my git repositories using GitKraken is really a breeze. I can see the chronological listing of commits, whatever those commits contain in detail and I can use quick command palette that does various things for me in a snap. A very detailed program that makes life easier when having a git repository for your programming project. Really I don't do coding without it since I discovered it.

Learning about GitKraken?

* We monitor all GitKraken reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.