Glassdoor

Glassdoor is a jobs and recruiting site that help user to find the job and company they like and it allow employees and former employees to anonymously review companies and their management.

Work for Glassdoor?

Learning about Glassdoor?

Glassdoor Reviews

Showing 18 Glassdoor reviews
Glassdoor review by <span>Patrick W.</span>
Patrick W.

See Through Walls of Most Companies

What do you like best?

Glassdoor is the best service I've found to peer into a company to learn what employees really think end-to-end from interviewing to actually working there for extended periods of time. Glassdoor has a wealth of information on salaries, culture, interview questions, available jobs, etc.

It's also super user friendly. Finding what you're looking for is a breeze thanks to great user interface design.

You can even set alerts for just about anything so you don't have to check the site unless there's something new you're interested in.

What do you dislike?

Smaller companies and startups are hard to find on Glassdoor. This isn't so much a critique of Glassdoor as a simple reality that there are less people working there and therefore less data available.

Certain companies (like Uber) also have highly skewed ratings and reviews. There's a big difference between driving for Uber and designing their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the information with a grain of salt and look for patterns. If a company has a very small number of reviews or salaries, don't let that sway you. See for yourself.

Conversely, if you see a very large number of people saying the same things, there might be some truth to it.

Overall, Glassdoor is an absolutely killer application that empowers employees and job seekers with more information than they're likely to find anywhere else.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Glassdoor
Glassdoor review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Networking
G2 Crowd User in Computer Networking

Terrible technical support and follow up

What do you like best?

I like that you can have your advertised positions run on your competitors review page, so long as they are not a client

What do you dislike?

Sadly, the worst end to end customer service I have experienced. I suspect that their technical support team is woefully understaffed and that may be part of the problem, but in each of the 2 support issues I had, it took 5+ days to even get a response and even then after at least one follow up to my customer advocate. They were able to solve both problems. The on-boarding process took more than a week from the time we were billed to start the service, which is a terrible intro to the company. In total, I had 3 people (by their design) walk me through the process, eventually settling in with a Customer Support Rep. The first 2 folks I had to reach out to multiple times to get on their calendar. Full disclosure, I was on a 3 month trial and I cancelled 12 days before the next billing cycle when their policy is 14 days, so I'm also a bit ticked off at that, but it is in the contract and that's on me, so I'll be making the best of my next 3 months, but to date we have not received any ROI from the trial, and everything I said about the customer support / customer service issues I have already discussed with Glassdoor. Overall, a product with a ton of potential, but sadly flawed execution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mine may be a one off issue, but proceed with caution

What Job Boards solution do you use?

Glassdoor review by <span>Stacey R.</span>
Stacey R.

Glassdoor

What do you like best?

I love the transparency that this site gives to employers and potential employees into a day in the life, the culture, the salaries, the interview process and so much more.

What do you dislike?

As an employer, it can be difficult when there is a negative review that is posted and it cannot be removed. A company can certainly respond, and address any issues, but this shows the pros and cons of this complete transparency and instills confidence that the reviews are honest and unfiltered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a priority investment for any employer who is trying to properly brand a company and what it has to offer to potential employees.

Glassdoor review by G2 Crowd User in Publishing
G2 Crowd User in Publishing

Great multi-function site for recruitment + company information

What do you like best?

I like that candidates can make an educated decision about both the company and the job they are applying for.

What do you dislike?

It's a double edged sword, as sometimes candidates may just look at our negative reviews (which there are not a ton of) and decide not to apply because of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not underestimate the power of Glassdoor. Looking at Glassdoor to check out a company before applying has become mainstream now. If you have negative reviews from past/current employees or applicants on Glassdoor, it's going to be an issue you cannot hide from.

Glassdoor review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

Good resource for authentic reviews into a company, but don't use it as your ONLY source

What do you like best?

Glassdoor has done a great job bringing authentic reviews about our company to the public. It's a great resource to look at what peoples experience of the company is.

What do you dislike?

Some of the 'potential salary' information is a bit off. There's also the argument that people only go online to complain, and some companies have found it tough to maintain a good rating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are coming with authentic information about your company. People who go to Glassdoor want to see the real you.

Glassdoor review by <span>Nicole S.</span>
Nicole S.

Great Job Board!

What do you like best?

The ability to see salary trends for different areas and positions is great! Allows us to see what competitive markets are paying.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike, I suppose the lackluster search options would be a downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great venue to promote your business/job postings!

Learning about Glassdoor?

* We monitor all Glassdoor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.