Gliffy

Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, technical drawings, and more on-line!

Work for Gliffy?

Learning about Gliffy?

Gliffy Reviews

Ask Gliffy a Question
Showing 44 Gliffy reviews
Gliffy review by <span>Anais L.</span>
Anais L.

This is decent software for making basic graphics

What do you like best?

What I like is that Gliffy is super easy to use because, mainly, you only need to know how to drag and insert forms, figures and arrows, and then just add any kind of content text you want. Because of this, I think that this software can make you create decent graphics in just minutes. Another useful feature that Gliffy offers is the addition in color to the graphic as a whole: with this feature, you can just click on a template for color, and all of the figures and arrows you added will acquire a certain color.

What do you dislike?

The thing that might anoy any user is that youn cannot choose the color for your graphics, and also, you cannot choose for which figues or arrows you want to insert the color. This is a huge turn-off aS YOU´RE EXTREMELY LIMITED to add the types of color combinations that the boss at Gliffy thought would look better (and trust me, some of them are quite hideous). If you would let users choose and add any type of color to anything inside the chart, then I´d give this software more stars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me, Gliffy is a great tool for charting and even kind of mind mapping, but I advise the team at Gliffy to let users add custom colors.

I can make graphics in minutes, and this is an advantage for many business that need to offer constant live or online presentations. I mean, what business don´t make presentations in order to gain more clients? I also want to say that this software allows me to create a kind of mind maps, which are also very useful at work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gliffy
Gliffy review by <span>Miquel E.</span>
Miquel E.

Useful but limited for advanced graph needs

What do you like best?

Integration with Confluence is one of the biggest advantages.

Lines look smooth and nice.

Since is integrated in the wiki, once you update the graph it reflects in all the references to it in the page. It is much easier than created a graph locally, then uploading it, and later on modify it the same way again and again.

I like using it as a quick way of laying out ideas and brain-storming notes so people can look at it and chime in.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality in terms of what can be done with the objects.

Not too many predesigned icons to choose from.

Sometimes, automatic connectors don't work as expected.

I some times find frustrating font sizes, and how text objects are places.

Zoomin and out is not obvious sometimes, and that can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend this product if you are in a situation with remote workers, but not limited to it.

It also helps if you don't want to take care of maintaining graphs living in many local computers of many employees, but instead a single graph that is source controlled as well.

I recommended considering add-on to improve the basic version of gliffy.

Being able to set a default font size and type could be useful.

I sometimes miss rounded corner objects.

Quickly sharing algorithm designs with colleagues and management for review.

Technical reports about finished algorithms that can be shared and edited by others.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Gliffy review by <span>Marco D.</span>
Marco D.

IF YOU THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, YOU CAN USE GLIFFY TO MAKE A LOT MORE THN JUST CHARTS

What do you like best?

Gliffy is an online service that you can use for making traditional flowcharts. However, if you think outside the box, you can use this software to make a lot more: I like that I can use all of the images and forms they offer to drag them into the Gliffy sheet, add some text and color, and then export it as an image file. The most exciting part is that then I can take this image and use it for printing it onto shirts, and they look really cool. This is the part I mostly like about Gliffy, and I love it for this.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to say that I love this software as it is, but that won't be true. This is because there's something I dislike about Gliffy, and this is the fact that it is very limited when it comes to pre-made figures and images, as it should offer many more types of these. What I mean to say is that, right now, Gliffy offers a nice collection of images and forms, which are a great fit for flowcharts. But what I´d like is that Gliffy offered many more types of images, forms, and even illustrations to make the software a lot more versatile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy is a good software for making charts and flowcharts. But it also can serve to make fresh images if you for shirts and stickers.

As I stated in this review, one of the things I do as part of my freelance business is to make images that can be printed onto shirts. Gliffy allows me to make fresh and cool images for these shirts I sell, and the best part is that I don´t even have to create these images with Gliffy, as I only have to take the existing ones and then exporting them, so they're ready to be printed. Gliffy is the core of this activity.

Gliffy review by <span>Esmeralda D.</span>
Esmeralda D.

Use Gliffy to record in a diagram all of the things you have to do for your business!!!

What do you like best?

Has been invaluable to for me. The best part of Gliffy is that I can use it to create diagram help me remember how to do something, I mean or doing something. I know that you usually make different types of charts, nonetheless, As it is very easy to add forms, arrows and lines to a diagram, and drop them into the grid, I can use Gliffy to create a new "chart" that won´t let me forget any step for any of the business activities I perform.

What do you dislike?

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I cannot choose the type of color I want, and even the worse, I cannot choose colors for the arrows I pick out for my graphics. This is not a very important feature for me but it would be nice to have the ability to choose any type of color I want for my charts so that I can differentiate all of my graphics and ideas. Furthermore, I think that the forms provided are very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy is a nice tool for making any type of graphics, but it´s also a great tool for making small charts that can remind you how to do anything in your business.

Gliffy is an important tool for me that lets me organize all of my charts that containt all of the steps and processes I do for my business, And this is an important part for any type of business, because if you know how to do make things more efficiently inside your own business, you'll have more time to do your job and earn more money.

Gliffy review by <span>Mario S.</span>
Mario S.

Gliffy will help you make flow charts with ease

What do you like best?

Probably the thing I can say I like the best is that gliffy is very user friendly, as making charts and graphics can be done within seconds: basically, I just drag any figure (such as rectangles, triangles, stars and arrows) and drop them into the "graphic space", and of course then I need to write any indication for those forms (as I do with any flow chart or graphic) and then the chart is ready. An additional thing I like is that I can add life and color to the chart too.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the thing I really dislike is that I can´t find a way to create and add custom forms to the software, and save them as predetermined: it would be great to create your own custom "figures" to give your charts that additional "personality" feel, but as far as I know, gliffy lacks this feature. The final thing that´s no great is that it´s a bit expensive, because 7.99 for this software is a bit high, and even worse if you have to pay a year in advance to get that price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This little software makes it easy for anyone to make graphics and charts, so if what you want is an easy way to create charts for work or school, you should get your copy of Gliffy.

Gliffy lets me make different types of graphics and charts, with a bit of life (as they can be colored), and this gives me the ability to have any type of inofrmation I use for work and study in form of an easy and digestible chart so that I can use whenever I need it.

Gliffy review by <span>Gina J.</span>
Gina J.

Gliffy is very easy to use when it comes to creating flow charts

What do you like best?

What I like best is that anyone can easily create a flow chart by only dragging and dropping forms, arrows, and that´s basically all we have to do!!! Another thing I do like is that after I drag and drop any form into the grid, then it automatically appears a text box where I can add any information needed for the flow chart to be finished. One last thing I like a lot is that I can also create simple mind maps with Gliffy, and it´s as easy as dragging and dropping too!

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like at all is how color works with Gliffy: I can´t add color to each individual form or arrow; instead of this, I only get to choose among a few color themes, and most of them aren´t what I´m looking for (regarding color). It would be outstanding if Gliffy added an option to fill each individual box and arrow with any custom color of my choice. What I dislike about this online service is its price, because even if eight dollars seem like a low price, I think the software could be a bit lower, like four dollars per month

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy will make diagramming and making mind maps easy for you. If you have to create tons of these, then this would be the perfect software for you.

I create flowcharts for some customers and for my own home business in a quick way. Being organized is a crucial skill that any organization or process should have, and Gliffy allows every business owner (or person in charge of a process) to do exactly that. Gliffy has made organizing the levels for an organization and for processes easier than ever.

Learning about Gliffy?

* We monitor all Gliffy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.