Gliffy

Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, technical drawings, and more on-line!

Work for Gliffy?

Learning about Gliffy?

Gliffy Reviews

Ask Gliffy a Question
Showing 50 Gliffy reviews
Gliffy review by Anais L.
Anais L.

"This is decent software for making basic graphics"

What do you like best?

What I like is that Gliffy is super easy to use because, mainly, you only need to know how to drag and insert forms, figures and arrows, and then just add any kind of content text you want. Because of this, I think that this software can make you create decent graphics in just minutes. Another useful feature that Gliffy offers is the addition in color to the graphic as a whole: with this feature, you can just click on a template for color, and all of the figures and arrows you added will acquire a certain color.

What do you dislike?

The thing that might anoy any user is that youn cannot choose the color for your graphics, and also, you cannot choose for which figues or arrows you want to insert the color. This is a huge turn-off aS YOU´RE EXTREMELY LIMITED to add the types of color combinations that the boss at Gliffy thought would look better (and trust me, some of them are quite hideous). If you would let users choose and add any type of color to anything inside the chart, then I´d give this software more stars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me, Gliffy is a great tool for charting and even kind of mind mapping, but I advise the team at Gliffy to let users add custom colors.

I can make graphics in minutes, and this is an advantage for many business that need to offer constant live or online presentations. I mean, what business don´t make presentations in order to gain more clients? I also want to say that this software allows me to create a kind of mind maps, which are also very useful at work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gliffy
Gliffy review by Miquel E.
Miquel E.

"Useful but limited for advanced graph needs"

What do you like best?

Integration with Confluence is one of the biggest advantages.

Lines look smooth and nice.

Since is integrated in the wiki, once you update the graph it reflects in all the references to it in the page. It is much easier than created a graph locally, then uploading it, and later on modify it the same way again and again.

I like using it as a quick way of laying out ideas and brain-storming notes so people can look at it and chime in.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality in terms of what can be done with the objects.

Not too many predesigned icons to choose from.

Sometimes, automatic connectors don't work as expected.

I some times find frustrating font sizes, and how text objects are places.

Zoomin and out is not obvious sometimes, and that can be a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I totally recommend this product if you are in a situation with remote workers, but not limited to it.

It also helps if you don't want to take care of maintaining graphs living in many local computers of many employees, but instead a single graph that is source controlled as well.

I recommended considering add-on to improve the basic version of gliffy.

Being able to set a default font size and type could be useful.

I sometimes miss rounded corner objects.

Quickly sharing algorithm designs with colleagues and management for review.

Technical reports about finished algorithms that can be shared and edited by others.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Gliffy review by Marco D.
Marco D.

"IF YOU THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, YOU CAN USE GLIFFY TO MAKE A LOT MORE THN JUST CHARTS"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is an online service that you can use for making traditional flowcharts. However, if you think outside the box, you can use this software to make a lot more: I like that I can use all of the images and forms they offer to drag them into the Gliffy sheet, add some text and color, and then export it as an image file. The most exciting part is that then I can take this image and use it for printing it onto shirts, and they look really cool. This is the part I mostly like about Gliffy, and I love it for this.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to say that I love this software as it is, but that won't be true. This is because there's something I dislike about Gliffy, and this is the fact that it is very limited when it comes to pre-made figures and images, as it should offer many more types of these. What I mean to say is that, right now, Gliffy offers a nice collection of images and forms, which are a great fit for flowcharts. But what I´d like is that Gliffy offered many more types of images, forms, and even illustrations to make the software a lot more versatile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy is a good software for making charts and flowcharts. But it also can serve to make fresh images if you for shirts and stickers.

As I stated in this review, one of the things I do as part of my freelance business is to make images that can be printed onto shirts. Gliffy allows me to make fresh and cool images for these shirts I sell, and the best part is that I don´t even have to create these images with Gliffy, as I only have to take the existing ones and then exporting them, so they're ready to be printed. Gliffy is the core of this activity.

Gliffy review by Esmeralda D.
Esmeralda D.

"Use Gliffy to record in a diagram all of the things you have to do for your business!!!"

What do you like best?

Has been invaluable to for me. The best part of Gliffy is that I can use it to create diagram help me remember how to do something, I mean or doing something. I know that you usually make different types of charts, nonetheless, As it is very easy to add forms, arrows and lines to a diagram, and drop them into the grid, I can use Gliffy to create a new "chart" that won´t let me forget any step for any of the business activities I perform.

What do you dislike?

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I cannot choose the type of color I want, and even the worse, I cannot choose colors for the arrows I pick out for my graphics. This is not a very important feature for me but it would be nice to have the ability to choose any type of color I want for my charts so that I can differentiate all of my graphics and ideas. Furthermore, I think that the forms provided are very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy is a nice tool for making any type of graphics, but it´s also a great tool for making small charts that can remind you how to do anything in your business.

Gliffy is an important tool for me that lets me organize all of my charts that containt all of the steps and processes I do for my business, And this is an important part for any type of business, because if you know how to do make things more efficiently inside your own business, you'll have more time to do your job and earn more money.

Gliffy review by Mario S.
Mario S.

"Gliffy will help you make flow charts with ease"

What do you like best?

Probably the thing I can say I like the best is that gliffy is very user friendly, as making charts and graphics can be done within seconds: basically, I just drag any figure (such as rectangles, triangles, stars and arrows) and drop them into the "graphic space", and of course then I need to write any indication for those forms (as I do with any flow chart or graphic) and then the chart is ready. An additional thing I like is that I can add life and color to the chart too.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the thing I really dislike is that I can´t find a way to create and add custom forms to the software, and save them as predetermined: it would be great to create your own custom "figures" to give your charts that additional "personality" feel, but as far as I know, gliffy lacks this feature. The final thing that´s no great is that it´s a bit expensive, because 7.99 for this software is a bit high, and even worse if you have to pay a year in advance to get that price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This little software makes it easy for anyone to make graphics and charts, so if what you want is an easy way to create charts for work or school, you should get your copy of Gliffy.

Gliffy lets me make different types of graphics and charts, with a bit of life (as they can be colored), and this gives me the ability to have any type of inofrmation I use for work and study in form of an easy and digestible chart so that I can use whenever I need it.

Gliffy review by Gina J.
Gina J.

"Gliffy is very easy to use when it comes to creating flow charts"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that anyone can easily create a flow chart by only dragging and dropping forms, arrows, and that´s basically all we have to do!!! Another thing I do like is that after I drag and drop any form into the grid, then it automatically appears a text box where I can add any information needed for the flow chart to be finished. One last thing I like a lot is that I can also create simple mind maps with Gliffy, and it´s as easy as dragging and dropping too!

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like at all is how color works with Gliffy: I can´t add color to each individual form or arrow; instead of this, I only get to choose among a few color themes, and most of them aren´t what I´m looking for (regarding color). It would be outstanding if Gliffy added an option to fill each individual box and arrow with any custom color of my choice. What I dislike about this online service is its price, because even if eight dollars seem like a low price, I think the software could be a bit lower, like four dollars per month

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy will make diagramming and making mind maps easy for you. If you have to create tons of these, then this would be the perfect software for you.

I create flowcharts for some customers and for my own home business in a quick way. Being organized is a crucial skill that any organization or process should have, and Gliffy allows every business owner (or person in charge of a process) to do exactly that. Gliffy has made organizing the levels for an organization and for processes easier than ever.

Gliffy review by Patricio B.
Patricio B.

"A great tool that helped me do a great job."

What do you like best?

The best feature is its ease of use. I was able to understand the tool from the first moment I started using it and it helped me to create flowcharts in an easy way that my colleages can to understand.

Another feature I really like is that I can create flows in a very fast way. In less than an hour, I can have a very well-developed idea to be presented to my boss. This is a characteristic that I appreciate very much, since it has made me gain points in the relationship that I have with my superiors.

Last but not least, I would like to say that the free version is very functional, and particularly to me, it has helped me a lot, since I have done several projects without having to worry about the price. That is, I think it is one of the best tools in relation to price / quality, because the free service is truly 'freemium'.

In my particular top 10 applications (which I use in my day to day work), gliffy, has earned by own meridian, one of the top 5 positions.

What do you dislike?

That for the free account, there are very few diagrams that can be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I live and work in Latin America, and I think prices are very high for the economies of developing countries.

I am a UX designer and one of the pillars of my work are the user flows.

Gliffy review by Alicia Sarah V.
Alicia Sarah V.

"Gliffy is my favorite tool for creating flowcharts"

What do you like best?

I constantly use Gliffy for creating flowcharts. I really enjoy the fact that I can create a flowchart in a few minutes by only dragging and dropping my favorite shapes from the left “shape panel”, and then I can instantly add text inside that same shape in an automatic way, by only clicking inside it. I also enjoy the fact that I can easily edit and re-arrange the shape of the chart by only clicking on the desired form. Finally, I do love the fact that I can easily add color to my flowchart shapes!!! It´s really that simple!!!

What do you dislike?

There´s only one thing I don´t like about Gliffy: it doesn´t have a pre-made arrow pointing downwards. I mean, this isn´t a big issue, because you can replace the missing downward arrow with a “free form line”, which you can also create by only clicking on the “line icon”; it would be really nice to have a pre-made downward arrow though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you´re thinking to use Gliffy for creating flowcharts, then you can´t be wrong: you´ll have a nice flowchart ready within a few minutes, and I really mean it. If you want to create a color flowchart, it will take you a couple more minutes, but this “extra-time” is well worth it. If for any reason, you want an alternative to Gliffy, a tool called “Creately” is a good match.

The most likely business problem someone can solve with Gliffy is the ability to make your own flow charts so that you can have a (learning) process or idea clearly defined, for easy and, future reference. That´s a feature that every business needs to have, even if it´s a personal home freelance business.

Gliffy review by Trevor H.
Trevor H.

"Easy to share and create diagrams online"

What do you like best?

The interface is clean, and its very easy to make good looking diagrams.

The shapes will snap to the grid, and the connections bind to joints on the shapes- so you get very clean looking diagrams. The text inside shapes is usually placed correctly also. Other diagramming software can make it hard to position text vertically within shapes. It's also great that you can upload custom images.

What do you dislike?

Takes too long to load sometimes

can't use custom fonts

can't set transparency on image imports

doesn't integrate well with google documents (LucidChart does this better)

can't do presentations like LucidChart either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you intend to use this software for diagramming long-running projects, you hit a few limitations.

You must pay for the full version, because the trial only lets you have so many diagrams, and you hit that limit quickly. It's great for sharing diagrams, but if you want people to work on diagrams together, this is not possible with Gliffy. You can edit diagrams together like you would with google docs. This is one of the reasons we decided to use Lucid Chart instead.

We use gliffy all the time to explain and document software design decisions.

Its great for brain storming, and explaining current software architectures. I usually use it the most for Flowsharts. I prefer Dia as a primary diagramming tool, but Gliffy works in the browser, so I'm more likely to use it if I want to share diagrams with others.

Gliffy review by Sherry O.
Sherry O.

"Great diagramming & wireframing tool"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is so easy to pick up and learn, I was working within an hour of starting to use it.

What do you dislike?

While the new integration to Google Drive is awesome, it's sometimes confusing when you go to save a file, expect to see a "save" dialog screen, and don't get anything. It's because you have to choose between Drive or Gliffy first, then it'll bring up the rest of the save process.

Gliffy gives us an easy tool to use when we need to quickly map out a workflow process, single website landing page wireframe or even a whole website sitemap/wireframes. Presenting ideas in wireframe format without design or content, rather than mocking up a rough design in Photoshop, removes the confusion and tendency for management to focus only on design, allowing us to focus on the intent of the page and decide how the page should function first, then move to a mockup with design. The whole web design process just goes so much smoother.

Gliffy review by User

"my experience with Gliffy"

What do you like best?

It is a tool that help to you to create flowcharts, designs, diagrams, even easy and simple House plans.

It can be use for free or have the trial version that you can see the better options that the took can offer you. Share what you created with your collaborators and invite your tema to work together in your design.

What do you dislike?

Since looks so simple and easy to use, Gliffy can be look like a not very profesional tool to create what do you need.

It is not very easy to use, you need to be more intuitive in the moment of start a new creation.

The forms are not the prettier, but works for simple a quickly things that you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something quickly and simple to create charts, frames, designs, this is your tool. Do not need to download a software, just create an account and try for free or choose the trial version.

Just try something more fast to create a chart or design and not needing to Open a software for that.

Gliffy review by Marco C.
Marco C.

"Excellent diagram creation tool, intuitive and fully featured"

What do you like best?

I especially like the predefined shapes and vectors, that you can use to create your diagram without spending time in finding the right item to include in the diagram. The fact that they still offer a free version (limited to 5 public diagrams) is also a plus, because I use it only from time to time. Another advantage is that you can download your diagram as PNG, JPG, but also SVG, meaning that you can use it in an external editor, should you need to. And it's really fast, even though it's web-based.

What do you dislike?

The interface might not be very fancy, but I find it very usable and clean. So there's nothing I really dislike. Maybe they could add more font types: right now the choice is quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of tools for diagramming on the market, but Gliffy has a few features that stand out. One of them is the integration with Google Drive (for Business Team level).

We used Gliffy to create a few workflow diagrams for our internal process documentation. We needed a flexible, yet easy tool and Gliffy was the best choice, since it didn't involve much training.

Gliffy review by Rob F.
Rob F.

"Gliffy In Confluence"

What do you like best?

I've used tools like Visio in the past and it is great, but the price tag when rolling out to an organization was a bit steep. Gliffy used within Confluence for diagrams, workflows, and other visuals makes what could be just some words and images now into very powerful pages of knowledge. Gliffy has predefined templates to modify that have nice color and shape variations as well as a decent toolbox to work from.

What do you dislike?

While Gliffy isn't the most robust tool of its kind on the market, the simple interface is nice, but when you want very professional diagrams it keeps them at a functional and pleasing layout. Really, for what it is there isn't much to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have only used Gliffy in the context of Confluence, but know that there is a stand alone version of it also. As was stated previously, Gliffy very satisfactorily allows you to create diagrams with ease as well as providing may pre-built diagrams for you to work from as needed. The diagram objects are plentiful and look nice on screen as well as printed.

Gliffy is a great enterprise tool that the entire organization can utilize inline with their other documentation and knowledge sharing materials. If Gliffy is used within the Confluence platform the options are limitless as to what can be portrayed by the diagrams embedded within pages. Another great feature is the ability to link natively to other Confluence pages as well as to external sites.

Gliffy review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Integrates well with Atlassian products, but it is slow and difficult to draw complex diagrams"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is easy to launch from Atlassian products like Confluence; if you do a lot of work in Confluence, it's easy to start up Gliffy and embed it in any document.

What do you dislike?

Gliffy isn't easy to use when drawing complex diagrams, like when it spans greater than the visible space on my screen. It's slow to respond to my clicks to edit / write text in shapes, and slow to load when I exit out to the document it's embedded in, and then try to edit it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy is useful for drawing a quick diagram; however, be prepared for it to take some time to make more complicated diagrams and wireframes, and learn how to click into adding text and customizing the shapes, colors, etc of the components.

Gliffy helps us solve the problem of having a tool to quickly draw diagrams and include them in software architecture documents in Confluence

Gliffy review by Keven G.
Keven G.

"Accessible, inexpensive and good - three great qualities!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, which makes it FUN! We are a small business who needed an Org chart, and Gliffy was a blast to use. I appreciate their free option and find the color schema and options for graphics more than adequate.

What do you dislike?

Didn't play nice with all internet browsers (IE/Edge and had to download Chrome for this program only).

We have an Org chart and it really helps with communication and clarity for our staff as we've grown.

Gliffy review by Sebastian H.
Sebastian H.

"Easy and speedy, but manual"

What do you like best?

The speed with which you can start editing is great. That's probably the nicest part. Whether it's a flow diagram, a simple wireframe, a UML or a seating plan, there are a heap of bespoke shapes to get you started. The grid align keeps it tidy.

What do you dislike?

The connectors between shapes aren't as clever as they could be. It's missing the ability to automatically differentiate connectors when they overlap one another, so this ends up being a manual job.

Also, the positioning of each element has to be arranged by hand. So don't expect it to auto sort a complex diagram. This makes adding complexity to diagrams a little problematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something cheap, quick and easy to learn that can produce clear diagrams, then Fluffy should serve your purpose. If you're looking to maintain large diagrams with scaling complexity, you may wasn't to consider something more robust.

We can demonstrate user flows and collaborate on files across the team, bridging the gap between designers and developers. It has helped me to create a shared understanding of intent across multiple departments.

Gliffy review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Approachable for non-technical users, with many limitations"

What do you like best?

It is web-based, for easy sharing. it rises to the top of Google search results, so I have clients who come to me asking for help with the product as they are designing scientific diagrams.

What do you dislike?

It's proprietary functions make it difficult to learn. The shape options are limited. Work has been lost due to poor web functioning. I advise researchers in many aspects of designs. They often want a web-based option for creating "infographics" for grant applications, but I discourage them from using this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create simple diagrams, go with the simple solution (PowerPoint, if you feel more comfortable). I recommend Keynote for Mac users. It is more intuitive and reliable.

I work in higher education, in a research environment. In my role, I have design problems to solve, around translating scientific and academic concepts and arguments into visually appealing, marketable messages to both the general public and target markets within higher education and the scientific community.

Gliffy review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"A handy alternative to Visio"

What do you like best?

Plays well with Confluence. Has standard image assets in common with Visio and other diagramming tools. Intuitive tools and simple UI.

What do you dislike?

Layout can sometimes be fidgety, and I have had issues with hotkeys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not be 1:1 with Visio or your preferred tool, but I have yet to hit a use case where it doesn't work as a replacement.

Network topology diagrams, infrastructure sketches and planning

Gliffy review by User in Higher Education

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Gliffy makes it easy to make diagrams without the need of an advanced tool like Visio. I have used Gliffy for years - it is nice to have all of the diagrams you have created stored on the web so that they can be accessed any where, any time, from any machine so long as you are logged in.

What do you dislike?

Gliffy has converted from Flash to HTML5. This was a big improvement; however, other online diagram editing software has eclipsed Gliffy's technology. I still like utilizing Gliffy; however, if all of my diagrams were not stored in their cloud environment, I might consider switching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We switched to Gliffy several years ago. There are now several competitors in this space providing online diagraming needs. I suggest evaluating all of the tools and seeing which best meets your needs. While I do like Gliffy, if we were not so invested in their platform already, I would probably evaluate alternatives.

Our organization wanted to use an online tool for diagramming without investing in an expensive tool like Microsoft Visio. Our needs were not that complex; we also wanted people to be able to access their diagrams from any site and also collaborate on the diagrams.

Gliffy review by User in Internet

"One of the better on the market, but nothing really distinguishes it from others."

What do you like best?

- You can import your own images

- Easy to add new shapes/toolbars

- Works well with Confluence

What do you dislike?

- Nothing really special about it. Checks all the boxes, but doesn't distinguish itself from other tools.

- Works fine, but I've seen free tools duplicate a high percentage of the functionality.

- Not very good for org charts (with Lucidchart, you can build an org chart from a spreadsheet with names).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend checking out Lucidchart and Draw.IO as well when considering Gliffy. Each have their own benefits and drawbacks, but it really comes down to what you're looking for in a product.

Lucidchart: Nice layout, can build org charts automatically from spreadsheets, pretty functional.

Draw.IO: Not the prettiest (feels more bare bones with less appealing font) but the easiest to use.

Gliffy: Just seemed to come handcuffed with Confluence so it's what we used. Later, when I found other diagramming tools I realized there were options, although all of them seem about the same.

- Basic flowcharts

- Organizational charts

Finding the additional icon libraries really opened up the possibilities for Gliffy, as before my usage was limited to just basic shapes and connections. I also use the "add image" feature often to personalize the diagrams and make them more specific.

Gliffy review by David L.
David L.

"Great tool integrated with confluence for flowchart and diagrams"

What do you like best?

Can draw a flowchart, an architecture diagram, any UML on a web page.

Plus it support wireframe.

Easy to use and integrated well with confluence.

What do you dislike?

It shows a little bit slow on the wireframe edit page.

I couldn't find a template for a swimlane diagram.

When a component is put to back on the diagram, it is hard to select the component for editing.

To demonstrate business workflow, and to design the architecture for an application.

By using gliffy, we don't need to buy visio, and axure. Don't need another UML designing tool.

Since it is based on the web, we can use it in any platform.

Gliffy review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Great for quickly visualizing processes"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is easy to get going with, especially if you need to get a visual together in a pinch.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I particularly dislike about Gliffy.

We use Gliffy for visualizing Org Charts and business processes

Gliffy review by Hugo  L.
Hugo L.

"Great, versatile and favorite software "

What do you like best?

The quick access to a versatile tool with a simple tool with lots of tool's that work's in several different situations.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced tool's that you'd like to use when creating for instance flowcharts that you get when buying more expensive sofware is missing, but you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, and buy it!

Flowcharts, flowcharts and more flowcharts.

Gliffy review by Valorie E.
Valorie E.

"An easy way to create simple flow charts."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Flexibility. Creativity. I like that I was able to create a usable and shareable flow chart within just a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The user interface has a bit of a learning curve to it.

I can create flow charts that help me demonstrate to other groups how processes work so that our work can flow more smoothly.

Gliffy review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Great for flowcharts"

What do you like best?

Super user friendly program. We have used it every time we need to make a flowchart. The snap to grid formatting keeps your chart clean and organized, which is really nice in an office of guys with really bad handwriting. Once done, we just export to PDF. Love the tool, but don't really need it that often.

What do you dislike?

Infrequent value due to limited frequency of need. Makes it hard to pay for the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I gave it a 3 on price solely because I don't have enough of a frequent need to justify paying for it.

- Organized team brainstorming

Gliffy review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Flowshart, Org Charts and Network maps made easy"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is simple and easy to use. It is flexible and adaptive to your every need. You have the ability to import custom images to make your diagram even more accurate.

What do you dislike?

Currently does not have a scaling feature if you need to create floor plans or need to see feet/meters. If there was an option to allow for scaling it would make life a lot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why have you not started using this product yet?

We used Gliffy to resolve the issue of network mapping. We needed to remove visio as it was a little to complicate to teach people to use.

Gliffy review by Denise B.
Denise B.

"Great Plugin Tool for Confluence"

What do you like best?

I really like using Gliffy for my Confluence team page. It allows me to quickly create flows to display for the whole team. Plus the flows are pretty versatile. Shapes can be moved around and the arrows connected to them are able to adapt to change very quickly.

Lastly, Gliffy can be accessed anywhere which is huge, especially when I'm not on my usual work computer.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about Gliffy. I think it's a great tool overall.

I'm a ux designer for a marketing automation application so I'm frequently communicating with devs. Gliffy helps the devs I work with have access to wireframe tools which is great when I need an initial overview of what needs to be built.

Gliffy review by laurent d.
laurent d.

"Relevant Integration with JIRA and CONFLUENCE"

What do you like best?

GLIFFY is intuitive and easy to use.

Integration inside JIRA and CONFLUENCE through dedicated plugins is very useful for documenting a task in JIRA or a requirement in CONFLUENCE.

Creating a new diagram from an existing one is a great feature. No more diagram locally saved. Everything is inside JIRA and CONFLUENCE.

We introduced one ticket for a general bug in GLIFFY. We received a patch very rapidly : Support is reactive.

What do you dislike?

There are still some bugs :

1. We need sometimes to click and click again to get GLIFFY active.

2. The diagrams are sometimes not correctly displayed in CONFLUENCE.

We are able to write complete documents in JIRA (technical analysis, ...) and in CONFLUENCE (business requirements, business processes, plans, ...).

No more linked (lost) documents recorded anywhere.

Gliffy review by User in Higher Education

"Best HTML utility out there"

What do you like best?

It's FREE for students who have a .edu email.

What do you dislike?

I wish the website had more ready to use templates for different UML diagrams so that users don't have to make every diagram from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a student, I strongly recommend using Gliffy for all UML related projects.

It helps me make UML for my software development class. I literally got a 99% because of gliffy.

Gliffy review by John F.
John F.

"Worked well, happy with Confluence plugin integration"

What do you like best?

I used Gliffy as a Confluence plugin for several years, until we switched to hosted Confluence. I felt like it was easy to create diagrams of all sorts, they saved with the page, and generally was very happy with it.

What do you dislike?

There were times when the XML definition of a diagram would show up instead of the diagram itself. I think this was in search results but I could be misremembering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and get used to it. It works well.

Create diagrams inside our wiki. We got diagrams. :-)

Gliffy review by Hussein N.
Hussein N.

"BEST DIAGRAMMING TOOL"

What do you like best?

I use gliffy as my number 1 diagramming tool for all my projects and tutorials in my youtube channel.

What do you dislike?

I cant' find anything to dislike but I would like to see more icons in the search!

building tutorials using ERD/networking diagrams

Gliffy review by Consultant

"Good software for making network diagnostics"

What do you like best?

It's easy and intuitive to use, and they have a wide array of equipment, so you can find exactly what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. The only issue I've had is the layout can get a bit crammed for larger networks.

Creating a diagram allows much better support for a client, as any tech can view the relevant configuration and layout, even if they've never been to the site.

Gliffy review by Lydya S.
Lydya S.

"User-friendly diagrams in minutes!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can use it with Confluence.

What do you dislike?

Pricing feels a bit steep for a small business and the 5 diagram limit on a free account isn't the greatest.

Sharing wireframes and sitemaps with clients has never been easier. Most of our clients don't have the same expensive software but by using Gliffy, we've overcome this issue.

Gliffy review by Aisling D.
Aisling D.

"Works wonders"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and easy to access. Easily learned by both technical people and non-techie.

What do you dislike?

Lack of editing tools. Custom styles should always be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for easy, quick charting software, you've found it!

We use this for IA diagramming and User Flows. We've since introduced it to project managers and operations personel that use it regularly.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the graph paper design to ensure even spacing and visualization. One of the best programs I've used to create org charts

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a few more project spaces in the free version. Some quality issues when converting JPEGs into PDF etc.

We use our Gliffy account to create large org charts. The program provides us with a clean, easy to use tools.

Gliffy review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great for Flow Chart"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool to help organize a hierarchy. Easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's difficult to find the chat I'm looking for.

I've used this to organize the workflow for small projects, as well as creating an office chain-of-command, and emergency/snow alert chart.

Gliffy review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Terrible Customer Service - FRAUD!!!!"

What do you like best?

There is not a single thing about Gliffy that I would recommend!

What do you dislike?

An ex-employee from my company was able to log in to our Gliffy account and charge us money - when i contacted Gliffy about this they said that they would lock the account and reverse the charge on our business card. INSTEAD they put the refunded money on the ex-employees NEW Gliffy account. To make maters worse, Gliffy does NOT HAVE PHONE SUPPORT. Everything happens through email which makes it difficult to work out issues like this and it takes a long time.

DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not pay Gliffy money - do not give them your credit card information!!! DANGEROUS VENDOR!!!

Poor customer service, terrible support!!

None

Gliffy review by Cory R.
Cory R.

"Gliffy makes everything easier"

What do you like best?

I love the way the software is structured and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features that could be used.

This is perfect for flowcharts and wireframing.

Gliffy review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Gliffy is easy and convienient web based tool for everyone"

What do you like best?

I like that Gliffy is built into confluence yet allows me to export images as needed. I don't need to install anything and the tools are intuitive, so there's little learning curve. I generally create software architecture diagrams and find it's really easy to draw flow diagrams.

What do you dislike?

It's confusing to edit and save with Gliffy inside of Confluence. I've lost work when I didn't have a parent Confluence page to store my mock up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe a simpler scaled down version that loads faster would be more approachable to general users. Advanced users could use a desktop app.

"Fantastic for workflows"

What do you like best?

Super light weight. Everything you need to do something simple, nothing you don't.

What do you dislike?

Online sharing is a little funky. As well as collaboration. Leaves a bit to be desired, but easy to work around by just not using it.

It's easy when doing workflow charts, etc, to get bogged down in pixel pushing and little details. Gliffy keeps you focused on the task at hand by making it effortless to make charts.

I wouldn't use this for wireframing.

Gliffy review by Sean K.
Sean K.

"Good cloud platform for diagrams "

What do you like best?

integration with atlassian tools and no install required

What do you dislike?

Lack of components compared to other diagramming tools such as Visio

Centralized and integrated diagraming

Gliffy review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Gliffy is not bad for the cost"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google and simple UI for drawing documents.

What do you dislike?

Lack of storage outside of premium. I get it, it's park of the business model but :)

Simple solution to create workflow diagrams without cumbersome UI.

Gliffy review by Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.

"Gliffy diagrams is amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use the Gliffy interface is. It's similar to the desktop version of Microsoft Visio. I've used it many times to display a business processes. A lot of the built-in shapes and arrows are great. It is also very easy to modify any shape or arrow after you've dropped it onto the canvas.

I also like that the diagrams will export to SVG, Gxml, Jpg, and PNG.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the free version had the ability to share Gliffy files and collaborate with other people. Then it would be a true trial of their collaborative diagram software.

I also wish that it would export to pdf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gliffy is great for a free, online diagram software solution. The free version doesn't offer any collaborative options, but the free version does have a lot of other great features. Because it's online it's not as responsive as some of the other desktop software like Visio.

Gliffy review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Gliffy is a fairly easy to use diagram builder"

What do you like best?

Its a really nice program to use for basic layouys and floorplans. Simple and effective. The cost is quite affordable as well.

What do you dislike?

Its pretty basic and doesnt allow you to create highly detailed diagams or floorplans

I've been able to make some nice flowcharts and floorplan diagrams for our office.

Gliffy review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great for on-the-fly flowcharts"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is a fantastic free tool for visuals.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps this is simply an issue with the free version that I use, but it does not seem to have collaboration features. That's OK, though, as what I generally do with Gliffy does not require that sort of functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a bad tool at all.

I've used Gliffy mostly for presentations, when the typical "box and arrow" approach for PowerPoint or Keynote will not cut it. It's a great tool for creating professional-looking flowcharts, user flows, wireframes and more.

Gliffy review by Julie A.
Julie A.

"LOVE this as an alternative to Microsoft Visio!"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of selecting, moving, shaping, coloring. LOVE LOVE the ability to snap a line to any point on an object.

What do you dislike?

Gosh, I wish I could SEARCH for shapes. I also wish I could move swimlanes and their contents around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy! Gliffy has a free trial - well worth it!

I frequently have to diagram business processes, so swimlanes come in handy.

Gliffy review by User in Design
User in Design

"Gliffy"

What do you like best?

Easiness of drag-drop features in the gliffy tools

What do you dislike?

Inability of creating layers and locking them also not able to use tabs like draw.io

Sequence diagrams

Gliffy review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Simple, easy to use, creates good looking documents"

What do you like best?

Very simple interface, with a drag and drop UI. Stores a version history on every document. Creates good looking documents which you can export to a range of formats.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I want to do things to the documents that it doesn't have the ability to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! With a 30 day free trial and time to go live <5 minutes, why not?

Gliffy review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"if my MS Office is unavailable, Gliffy will be my backup!"

What do you like best?

its very easy to use from the start. no hassle no fuss.

What do you dislike?

i use microsoft office and have so for many years. Im 100% comfortable with it. So i dont really want to change to something new. But should office be unavailable....il be using Gliffy

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend to users who are not PC-friendly. They would find this perfect. I would also recommend as a 2nd option if anyone uses a pay-programme like i do (office).

Gliffy review by Benjamin D.
Benjamin D.

"MS Visio Alternative"

What do you like best?

Gliffy is an inexpensive alternative to MS Visio. You can create diagrams from your browser using their templates and stencils.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I run into minor UI issues, but they seem sporadic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few on-line diagramming tools and Gliffy is one of the better ones.

Learning about Gliffy?

* We monitor all Gliffy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.