4.1 out of 5

Glip Reviews

1-50 of 101 total Glip reviews

Glip Reviews

1-50 of 101 total Glip reviews
Glip review by Mary Kate M.
Member Experience Specialist

"Helpful to Have Team Chat Integrated with Phone"

What do you like best?

Having a chat system that I can use with the rest of my customer support team that integrates with our phone system is very helpful to my job. When we have a lot of calls coming in, it's important that the team be able to communicate quickly and easily (including sharing links, files, and screenshots) and transfer calls seamlessly when necessary.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be some glitches that cause Glip to stop working somewhat regularly, or at least more often than I would expect. It would also be helpful if there were integrations with Salesforce to help streamline customer support even more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a role that involves a lot of time of the telephone like customer support, Glip is a great way of communicating with your team because it can integrate with the phone system. If you don't spend much time on the phone, other chat systems like Slack might be better suited to you.

Our customer support team uses Glip to communicate among the support team and the wider company so that we can move quickly and efficiently to handle customer needs. Especially when the phone is ringing non-stop, we need to be able to share information on cases so that we're providing appropriate follow up and not letting anything fall through the cracks. Being able to share files and screenshots saves time since we don't have to send separate emails.

Glip review by Kyle M.
Account Executive

"The Best Business Communication Platform"

What do you like best?

The Chat features allow you to break conversations into team and incorporate gifs and emoji's too. You can uploads links and files and they show up in the sidebar for quick reference. You can even create and assign tasks. It does way more than Slack. You can even use a built-in video chat for ease of communication with remote employees.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The only thing keeping Glip/Ring Central from being a full fledged project management tool is the ability to log and track time for employees across projects and clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Slack, switch to Glip. The UI is very similar, but there are so many additional features you could benefit from. Video chat, organized teams, only logging into once place for all team chats, tasks management, lots of integrations and much more

Communication with remote team members is much easier with Glip and it's built-in video via RingCentral. Conversations are organized and we can keep people on task at all times. Files are also easily delivered through team chats and they remain there for organization and quick/easy reference.

Glip review by Fabrice N.
Owner

"The best. Doesn't even compare"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the way discussions and tasks are mixed. You can have a discussion about a task, a task in a discussion. An image on which you can start a discussion (extremely efficient for discussions about UI).

It's also very easy to invite customers or contractors to a specific channel. Love-this-tool.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to open several windows or at least have two browsers on different windows.

The task module should be upgraded a bit for it becomes tricky when you have hundreds of channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in. Never regret.

Not only is Glip our communication tool, but it's also a very good task manager, and a very efficient platform to discuss interface issues. Or report an issue using screenshots.

Glip review by Vincent H.
Residential Solar Consultant
Renewables & Environment

"Easy and Convenient"

What do you like best?

Convenience and simplicity. I am all about convenience and simplicity when it comes to working professionally. From any computer/laptop I can access Glip since it is a web application. I can also communicate with my coworkers and follow up on my projects from my phone (mobile application, which is where I use it most.) I like that I don't need some expensive fancy program to do all my work. Although I'm sure those are nice, this gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Glip for the last 2 years and they have improved so much, it used to be buggy, glitchy, etc. As far as I can tell, they seem to have squashed all the bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there is a trial option, try it out and see if it is a good fit for you guys!

Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and non important mail. Text messages are often ignored due to distractions from personal life. Our company also had a go-to spot for bulletin announcements and news updates.

"Simplifies teamwork"

What do you like best?

Glip chat is fantastic to be up to date with homework. It's great because we reduce the number of emails lost in the inbox. We do not waste time looking for documents and we can send files via the chat to the right people. The mobile application makes communication more versatile and has most functions of the desktop version.

I love using video chat, it makes communication more natural.

The shared calendar is advantageous since we can schedule meetings without conflicts.

What do you dislike?

It works seamlessly. Updates do not generate errors and are smoothly integrated into the existing version of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product with affordable price for small businesses. It has the essential features to carry out projects, share files and work together.

Glip enhances our productivity and simplifies team collaboration. It makes group interaction more dynamic and allows us to share files without delays.

Glip review by Michael M.
Help Desk Manager

"Great team collaboration software"

What do you like best?

Glip is included free with RingCentral! There's no reason not to use it if you're already using RingCentral as your UCaaS; and if not, it's STILL free to try out. The benefits of paying $5/user per month are lost on anyone who already has a video conferencing solution in place.

What do you dislike?

Syncing Glip to Google Calendar doesn't work the same as when you sync your calendar to Glip, because the interface inside Glip is different. Being able to update automatically when a change is made on Glip would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is affordable enough on its own but if you use RingCentral for your phone service it's FREE. Glip also links internally to RingCentral and RC Meetings when you start a voice call or launch a video session.

File sharing and full integration with RingCentral, Meetings, Google Drive, etc make collaboration a snap. It's a one-stop shop for recalling screen shots, assigning tasks, or whatever else each team needs to keep track of for in-house communications.

Glip review by Diana L.
Senior Financial Analyst
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"LOVE LOVE GLIP"

What do you like best?

Glip has a great user experience. It's very reliable and super fun to use. But the best part about glip is that it integrates with both our phone system and online meeting conference system. This means you don't have to have a messaging app, a video conf app and a voip app. You can just have glip and it's all three. Oh, it also had task mgmt and calendar but I don't really use them much.

What do you dislike?

The ONLY thing I don't like is that when you're on Windows and use the Desktop app, and get a text message from someone outside of your company, then you can't associate the contact with the glip message. However, you can do this same thing from the mobile iOS app and on the browser. So, if you're reading this I'm pretty sure it's a bug and I hope they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use glip and ring central together .If seriously missing out unless you do. You can have one app to rule them all. oh, and use it for tasks and web conf too. It's all included.

Aside from solving a place for team chattter, it also helps our company save a little money from using a web conf solution and it's overall just eaiser to have everything in one place.

Glip review by Daniel W.
Realtor Sales Associate
Real Estate

"Still New but Like it so far"

What do you like best?

It is slightly easier to use than the RC Soft Phone. It is more organized and caters to the business professional.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features such as the calendar and meeting do not work as well as some other software we have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really good product to keep you office line handy with you at all times. We have been using Ring Central and when they upgraded to Glip, we were very excited. Still a new product so there is a lot to learn about it.

We have our office phones everywhere we go. We do not miss calls to our office line because of this program.

Glip review by Sam T.
Lead Editor & Colorist

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Glip offers a ton of features at little to no cost. It's ability to create folders within folders allows you to create endless possibilities for organizing department communication channels. When a link is shared in any communication channel, it's awesome that the link then shows up in a separate "link" tab, so if you need to find it again, it's super quick and simple. Additionally, the "Notes" tab is a great place that we use to upload our company meeting notes, so anyone and everyone can review the notes if they missed the initial meeting. The "Tasks" tab plays a huge role in our company. Before starting out day, each of us will list out goals we want to accomplish. Glip then helps us to stay on track as we check each thing off. The amount of detail you can write in each task and assign to people is also awesome. Overall, just a really killer product to help communicate better, which results in more productivity.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the calendar feature could be optimized better, we don't really use it because we primarily use Google Calendar. Maybe there's room for an integration here unless it already exists and I just missed it.

I also think that there should be a feature to be able to mass delete tasks vs having to delete tasks one by one after they're completed. I like keeping my task view to show all tasks because I like seeing what I've accomplished, but after a day or two, it starts to look messy, so I delete the old completed tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solid communication platform that's going to make you and your company more productive, Glip is your best solution!

We solved our communication problems. Initially, we didn't have a solid platform for each of our departments to communicate in, share files, and schedule appointments or productions. Glip has fixed all that, allowing us to be far more organized and productive - the scheduling portion was essential! The way we do our scheduling is by having a separate "Scheduling" channel set up and then each member can add a task for an appointment or production and then assign it to the person who manages our calendar.

Glip review by User

"Glip is a constant embarrassment"

What do you like best?

The ability to choose a skin is one of the very few features I appreciate about Glip. Even then, I only like and use one.

What do you dislike?

Basically everything. Everything it is meant to do it does with lackluster compared to Slack or most other messaging apps; anything it's attempted to excel at over alternative platforms is generally a flop (e.g. Giphy integration, emoji use, search, etc.). There is so little to like, and so much has needed updates in the last few months that you can tell no one was trying to develop a good program from the start—it's all responsive to complaints. Not how you should go into app development...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use all of RingCentral, sure, go ahead and try Glip. But know it's basically an infant. No walking (or even crawling) around in good spirits for a while yet.

I guess it's better than email?

Glip review by Bryon Q.

"Easy-to-use conversation platform"

What do you like best?

Glip excels in its instant messaging, which does more than just the usual chat. In addition to allowing users to easily communicate with their teams and co-workers. Glip's desktop app allows you to create and assign tasks, create and share and annotate notes and documents, schedule events and attach files from your preferred cloud service all through its instant messenger.

What do you dislike?

I wish the calendar had the ability to have things recur based on the day of the month or by the day of the week of the month. I'd also like having more control over the frequency. I think they could make it more user friendly in terms of keeping files and such organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say it works pretty good, but its not the greatest option out there. I like all the bells and whistles. This is great if you need to just chat with just text. there are some gifs you can use too. Other good things are you can make chat rooms for teams or groups. If you need something for the office for just simple communication it would work.

Overall the software has saved us tons in time and money being able to manage the different teams all in one place and easily communicate. Easy to collaborate with a team and keep all of my organizational and plans up to date, sharing them only with those who need access to collaborate. It's very easy to communicate with other members of the organization.

Glip review by Louise C.
Director / Senior Project Manager
Market Research

"Great program with quite a bit of bugs"

What do you like best?

Great way to collaborate on projects seamlessly. Conversations stay organized within 'teams', easy to switch back and forth between teams and projects and know where you left off. Tasks are team specific, but also can be organization wide. Calendars within each team as well, but can also view overall as a whole. Supports integrations with a number of different programs. Ability to customize to an extent. Like the "me" pane (serve as a homebase, able to see what tasks were assigned to you, what;s outstanding, your calendar overview) as well as the ability to 'favorite' different conversation pieces and to see it quickly and in one stream. Like the ability to have "notes", comment on them, etc. Your'e also able to "pin" items to the top of the right navigation page within each team, which is helpful if you have project specific items that need to be quickly called out. Can "pin" anything, a converstaion item, a note, a link, etc.

What do you dislike?

Glip tends to have quite a lot of glitches. There's often downtime that's unexpected and not called out or communicated. iOS app doesn't often load, rendering it not dependable. Glip crashes often. Sound notifications have had constant issues in the entire 16+ months I've been using it. (receive notifications for messages I post, sometimes receive notifications when no new posts, sometimes don't receive them when there are new messages). I've had a support ticket out for this for awhile. Issues with integrating some of the applications (i.e., Google drive often has issues integrating). Overall a great product but leaves a sense that its unrefined and not as 'slick' as some other apps like this.

This has been hugely instrumental in better communication in our company. The ability to have a different team for each project has been immensely helpful. Not only do we need to have different teams per project, but Glip helps with the 'Chinese walls' as we're able to assign permissions to each team, keeping some private, some public, etc.

Glip review by Jason P.
Trusted Advisor

"Why connect your project messaging platform when Glip is Built in?"

What do you like best?

It's great that RingCentral comes with Glip. As you add users having them come together makes it so easy to make sure that give all your iusers all they will need to collaborate with the team. Glip is also easy to share with customers and vendors as well.

What do you dislike?

The UI can get busy as you add files and links. I wish it was integrated a bit more tightly with mobile and softphone, right now it opens up in a seperate app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the leap, internal email is killing your team's productivity. Glip is a life saver.

This is a way better way to communicate internally then email. We have seen a huge reduction in email.

Glip review by Nathan Z.
General Manager
Automotive

"Excellent Instant Messaging App for Interoffice Use"

What do you like best?

Glip is easy to use for both direct messaging and team communication. You can set up as many teams as you want which is very handy.

Glip has been updating a lot and seems to be improving little features with each one.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is horrible. Despite the fact that it updates often it will stop receiving messages a lot. It is not uncommon to sign in on my PC and find several messages I would have liked to reply to from my mobile but didn't know they had come in. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

It is pretty easy to send a message to the wrong person or post what is supposed to be a direct message to a group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have limited experience with other business messaging apps. I downloaded Slack and tried it for a bit to see if there was a reason to switch from Glip but I couldn't find a compelling reason.

Not clogging inboxes and not distracting people by saying things face to face that can be sent electronically.

Glip review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Glip"

What do you like best?

Glip allows you to communicate easily with members of your team whether they are in the office or working remotely. It allows you to share files making discussions easier, and add in Gifs for humor. You can easily create groups to communicate with a number of people.

What do you dislike?

Adding new conversations can be a bit confusing on Glip. Also,the dashboard feature is a bit confusing. Setting up Glip so that notifications do not appear in the corner when you are offline was also a bit challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend downloading the desktop app. This makes it much easier to keep up with conversations and receive notifications during the day.

We are able to speak with all team members in and out of the office. The app also makes it easy for people who are traveling to keep up. We did not have an internal mode of communicating besides email and this has solved that problem.

Glip review by Kevin H.
Manager

"Good office.team tool"

What do you like best?

Ability to create teams/group chats. Makes it easy to address an entire team or office of people. Additionally, being able to opt out of notifications of certain group chats is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I find it difficult to find information in conversations using the search feature. I wish there was a way to flag or bookmark messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is a good solution I would recommend. Just ensure it's feature set will suit your needs before investing.

We are solving the problem of trickle information and urgent information making it to all team members. Glip allows us to easily coordinate through this information distribution.

Glip review by Brittany F.
Technology Helpdesk Agent

"Something I would avoid "

What do you like best?

The only thing that I don't mind about this app is that it lets you know when people are online.

What do you dislike?

I think that there are far betters app out there. Even with push notifications on, I am never notified of things. Most of the time with this app, I receive emails from people asking if I have gotten their Glip messages.

I am not solving any business problems with Glip because it ends up causing me more problems, and takes more time to get in contact with someone.

Glip review by User in Consumer Goods

"A decent communication app"

What do you like best?

The best feature Glip has, as juvenile as it sounds, is the Giphy integration. Instead of randomizing a gif, it pre-populates a preview of a handful for you to select. Glip has desktop and mobile apps, which is great for keeping in touch with your co-workers.

What do you dislike?

Whenever you post a video to chat, it forces people to download the video instead of viewing it in the pane like Slack. There's no option to right click on things in the UI. Usually, if you want to toggle settings, you need to click on a cog icon. There are really small tweaks that Glip needs to make to get on par with the communication giant. Slack is currently smoother overall, and supports more integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip isn't content with their current iteration. They have reached out and agreed with some criticism our team told them. They look to be improving their system ongoing.

Our team was formerly on Slack, which met all of our needs. However, there was a move to Glip as it was included free with services we already used (RingCentral). It's also compatible with single sign-on, I believe, which is better than a multitude of passwords for different services.

Glip review by Paul A.
Owner
Management Consulting

"Fantastic Team Productivity Web-Based Tool"

What do you like best?

I like having a very intuitive menu (left handside) making it a solid feature as it is crucial to have when so many different people are working on it. But it also increases team productivity while keeping everyone in the same page. I like the built-in tasks, the calendar and file sharing, video conferencing, chat, among other tools. It saves you time. If you're a SMEs or a Startup with a small medium sized team, I would recommend Glip as it offers anything a team needs and/or wants. :-)

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike about this tool really. I can't find anything but also why would you dislike it when its totally free?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate if you want get serious and cut overheads/costs.

I work 90% of the time remotely with agencie's teams and/or freelance consultants on editing, planning, adding or coordinating document reviews, among other processes. Glip really is a great tool as it offers me and my colleagues huge benefits in terms of real-time collaboration and tasks planning, acess to calendar availabilities, easy file sharing, imho instant chat tool is great, among other such as video conferencing all-in-one place.

I guess Glip enables any type of business to get agile and quick on the tasks at hand

Glip review by Lisa S.
Admininistrative Support | Marketing | HR
Civil Engineering

"Opening a Branch Office"

What do you like best?

I love how easily I can go from the desktop to mobile version of GLIP, making it possible for me to maintain communication wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

I have a little difficulty accessing the files and notes section on GLIP's mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love using GLIP to communicate with staff in two different locations. It's so much more efficient than emails flying back and forth, and it keeps me off the phone and saves me from carrying post-it notes all over the office to leave messages for co-workers. I personally like the files and notes feature because I can share the info for other employees as needed, or have the info available to me no matter where I am.

GLIP helps me solve the issue of keeping our home office and branch office in another state connected! When we opened the branch office, the employees were calling me multiple times a day to be transferred to employees in the home office. With GLIP, they can directly communicate with each, share files, assign tasks ... it keeps my phone line open for clients and makes it possible for me to work more efficiently.

Glip review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Experience for Employee Chat"

What do you like best?

Glip is by far the best employee chat tool we have used over the past 11 years. We have tried everything from AIM to Skype chat and nothing compares to the features of Glip. We have our entire company now using Glip. I love the ability to quickly create groups, share files and create tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to edit shared files in a group setting such as you can with Google Drive. I would like Glip to add that into the next feature so that we can eliminate our use of Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have loved it and believe Glip will continue to improve.

We are able to conduct team discussions quickly and easily while all sitting at our desks or at home. We can have ongoing discussions and we can create group tasks to complete.

Glip review by Scarlett G.

"Make Communication with Colleagues Easy!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, and every conversation is saved, no matter how old it is. You can also edit what you say, in case of a typo. Another plus is that it is free if you have Ring Central.

What do you dislike?

The only negative thing I can think of is that you can't add a emoji reaction under other people's individual posts like you can on Slack.

Glip has helped me with the organization of my tasks and it's been a great communication tool between my co-workers. It has kept myself and the people I work with accountable and productive.

Glip review by Jason G.
Digital Marketing Manager
Financial Services

"It's mostly fine, but feels clunky and outdated. "

What do you like best?

We never have issues with it. Creating groups is simple.

What do you dislike?

It looks and feels old. The mobile app is frustrating unless you happen to already be in the area of the app that you want to use. I hate of how link previews and shared docs are handled - it makes conversations feel cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be picky. Don't settle for Glip just because you're using a RingCentral service.

It makes team communication easy, but there are better alternatives.

Glip review by User

"Glip is an effective solution."

What do you like best?

It is functional and intuitive, I love using Glip because it facilitates communication within the department. It has a variety of features that enable sharing from reports, calendar reminders and create and manage tasks. Although it lacks some features, it makes up for its ability to integrate with various third-party applications such as Google Drive or Asana.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, so far have used Glip smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for teams and departments. It makes team collaboration easy and fast.

It is efficient and practical. It is an effective way to encourage and maintain communication in the department. Provides a single channel to expedite project management, overall I think a very useful and simple application.

Glip review by User in Hospitality

"A Centralized, Company-Wide Communication Platform "

What do you like best?

Glip makes it easy for my company to send out quick messages and files across teams, departments, and the entire staff. More importantly, these messages have an increased likelihood of being seen and read by employees with Glip's integrated functionality with RingCentral on desktop and mobile. My teammates and I love to use the built-in Giphy functionality to have fun and be more personable in our communication as well.

What do you dislike?

After opening Glip, I frequently receive a prompt to put in my password to enable Glip's "helper tool," but after correctly putting in my password, nothing ever happens. I also have to be mindful that if I do not open Glip upon startup of my computer then I do not receive message banner notifications (although I do still receive email notifications, which is a big plus). Otherwise, I have no issues using Glip every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're deciding between Glip and Slack for a messaging software, I think Glip is a great tool of equal quality and value. It's an easy decision if your company also needs a cloud-based voice, video, and contact center solution — go with Glip (with RingCentral).

Glip does an amazing job of increasing employee engagement with not only HR initiatives and company-wide announcements but also one-on-one communication between coworkers. It helps with reliability by providing a color-coded "status" dot next to each user.

"Easy team collaboration"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and its visual interface is simple and friendly. Delivers a workspace to promote collaboration between teams. Project development is fluid because we can communicate and share the status of the tasks we perform seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot find anything that displeases me about Glip, it is a simple tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an interesting software to enhance team collaboration, facilitates communication and streamlines the development of projects. I recommend it, it is suitable for companies of all sizes.

Accelerates project planning, since it centralizes work in one place. Its platform allows us to share files, notes and synchronize calendars including third-party applications such as Google Calendar.

Glip review by User

"Glip increase team productivity"

What do you like best?

Glip is an intuitive and easy to customize application. It fits our workflow seamlessly.

The communication with the team never became more fluid and dynamic, Glip deliver us the functionality to streamline the creation and execution of tasks in a simple and fun way.

What do you dislike?

I think Glip is fantastic, but it lacks more integrations with Google tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good alternative to tools like Slack.

Integration with third-party tools makes it easier for us to share documents and reports instantly. It is versatile in all aspects, from communicating through live chat to taking a look at the tasks and events scheduled in the shared calendar.

Glip review by Frank F.

"Lots of Functionality, Great Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

Glip/RingCentral has been a good experience, there's a lot of apps integrated into the system, very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could have more options for my "Status" or a custom status option.

Inter-office communications. Helps with real-time support of our staff. I can communicate effectively with my team via chat when they are on a phone call with one of our clients, because of this, I can provide them instructions and advice, even when they are dealing with a client.

Glip review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Chat feature for an Organization"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Glip is that you can easily split up teams and individuals. This makes it much easier to send messages to an entire team as opposed to creating a group chat and verifying that each person is attached.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an option for the Gif feature to be turned on and off for each individual team. The Gif function can become very distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried various chat platforms such as Hangouts, Discord, and Slack. I would certainly recommend giving Glip a try, especially if it's going to be used in a company setting.

The chat features are all really easy to use and have helped increased chat response time. Glip can even sync up with a lot of different products such as Google Calendar which helps to better manage your day.

Glip review by User in Internet

"Amazing way to communicate with all employees!!!"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most would certainly be the ability to chat at anytime with anyone from our organization. I especially love the comradeship it brings to our teams. The ability to ask a question, on the fly, to someone in our product team while I"m on the phone with customer is a definite plus.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that I really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly consider looking into Glip. The ease of use, and the benefits in brings to your team would outweigh any concerns you may have. Bring life and collaboration back to your organization today!

In the past, people would send numerous emails, and try to make numerous phone calls to across teams. This led to poor use of time, and, if someone had a question they needed an answer to, fast...we'd have to wait until they saw their email, or saw the voicemail on the phone. The benefit is now we are able to stay at our desks, and only pause for time it takes to write a quick chat on Glip.

Glip review by Steven H.

"Excellent Collaborative Tool"

What do you like best?

It's the best chat and collaboration tool I've used. File sharing is quick and snappy, dashboarding (dock/pinned messages/tasks/etc) is excellent, and teams is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

As a full RingCentral user (Phone/Meetings/Glip) it would be great to have a more immersive application, but this is something they have in the works.

Communication is always a struggle in business and Glip helps reduce that with ease. We've seen a sharp increase in collaboration and response times vs competitor applications and the always slow to respond emails.

Glip review by User in Libraries

"Great and Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to set up the system- it only took 5 minutes to add a new staff member! Also love the feature to share documents and images. Overall, this is a high quality instant messaging service and I highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints- it's a great messaging software. The only issue we had was misspelling an email, but that was a user error, not the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! I vastly prefer this over slack and other messaging softwares..

Communication between management and the front desk without the need to call or run out back. Saves time, allows for more productivity, and helps to boost morale.

Glip review by Angie J.
Admin

"Glip has helped (somewhat) with communications between office and sales team after our rebranding"

What do you like best?

Instant messaging and tasks are awesome!

What do you dislike?

notifications don't work well on phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find it works better on the computer than on a phone but the person using it on a phone must look at it to see if there's anything new posted. Works great on my computer.

Creating tasks with reps that handle each account helps me and the rep and manager stay abreast of where we are in the process of each task or when it's completed. We rebranded from Alabama Publishing Group to APG Local and things got hectic. This helped separate things for me as the catch-all in the office sometimes.

Glip review by Kelley  C.

"Instant messaging for work!"

What do you like best?

I love the GIFS that you can use for work. It's just an all-around great Instant Messenger application that I can also use on my phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they have removed the ability to create my own memes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give Glip a try. I believe it is free to use, even without a phone subscription. So there's no harm in trying it out.

It gives us an easy way to instantly chat with the necessary people when working on a project without having big long email chains. People can leave and join a project at any time, and can still read back on what was happening in the conversation before they joined.

Glip review by User in Higher Education

"My account was deleted and all my data lost without me being informed."

What do you like best?

It's a great tool, but the loss of all my project tracking data has left me shell-shocked.

What do you dislike?

Here's the problem...

When someone creates a Glip account (let's call them UserA, Glip looks at the domain name in their email. If they are the first user from that domain they are automatically set as the domain administrator. They are not told they are the domain administrator and are offered no option.

When another person with the same domain creates an account (let's call them UserB) they are automatically assigned to the same "team" in Glip. They are not offered any other option and they do not know that they have a domain administrator.

UserA knows nothing about UserB and UserB knows nothing about UserA. They do appear in each other's dashboards but it could be assumed that's just for convenience. It is in no way obvious that the two user accounts are dependent on each other.

When UserA deletes his account he is automatically deleting ALL ACCOUNTS FOR THE DOMAIN. when he has no idea that he is responsible for these accounts. NONE OF THE OTHER USERS ARE WARNED BEFORE THEIR ACCOUNT IS DELETED.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful with the free account if you are in a large organization.

Project tracking

Glip review by Marshall K.
Web Producer II
Internet

"Glip, great for collecting remote teams!"

What do you like best?

This app is very user friendly, and allows complete computer novices to connect with myself (an advanced computer user), very easily. SImple and clean navigation, makes for a terrific user experience, when working with global teams.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the buttons are too easily clicked on (i.e. Teams), and can cause havoc with remote team members, who then get lost in a rabbit hole of teams they shouldn't be looking in. Maybe this feature could be disabled?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organize your own teams, rather than relying on a company hierarchy. This will ease your own confusion, when navigating projects, and long-term teams.

I love this application for gathering my remote team members, as a project manager. I absolutely love being able to share files quickly.

Glip review by Elizabeth C.
Director of Operations

"Collaboration and Teamwork Combined"

What do you like best?

A platform that allows you to complete projects, get everyone on the same page and track process of the activity.

What do you dislike?

The platform needs to be connected to the internet to work. If the connection is slow or offline, then you cant see your projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy to use platform to get everyone on the same page. While it's missing some features, it will get the job done and improve your communications.

The ability and need to have the team on the same page.

Glip review by John B.
Support Consultant

"Great start"

What do you like best?

It's great product integrating calendar, to do list, chat and file share, notes etc. From my standpoint similar tools are essential for company existence and efficient work. Since we started using GLIP we noticed huge improvements in communication and time needed to react to certain even.

What do you dislike?

Most of plugins listed as "in work" haven't seen any change for last year. New features haven't been added and current build seems to be in the same stage as it was year ago with some minor cosmetic changes. Mobile application is also one of weak points of the system - it's either not passing messages or with huge delay. Mobile application itself is slow and heavy.

One of our biggest concerns was recent security issues where we started receiving files and private messages from people outside companies. At some point one of our employees was even able to jump in after login to some unknown channel from different company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is amazing tool. It's missing a little bit of features and haven't seen much of an action. If you are able to design your company around using tool like that your communication will improve a lot.

Having one organization in one place is amazing thing. Having one tool to deal with multiple channels of communication is real time saver. At the same time you save time since you aren't forced to install mutliple apps - everything is out there and accessible.

Glip review by User

"It's a simple and intuitive app"

What do you like best?

The Glip interface is simple, but not less efficient. It is easy to use and does not need advanced knowledge for its configuration. It is intuitive and contains a set of tools to communicate effectively with team members. It integrates seamlessly with email platforms such as Gmail.

What do you dislike?

It's simple, it's not a complex application, so I do not have negative comments about Glip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an app that can be used by any team, in any environment. It is a simple and very efficient tool.

It is a tool that helps me be more efficient.

Glip review by Lexi P.
Executive Assistant
Financial Services

"Good Task Managing Program, but Can Be Tricky "

What do you like best?

I love that I can assign daily tasks to myself or others and see my completed tasks in one central place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the task assignee gets me confused and I end up assigning something to myself rather than the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it before you frustrate yourself by assigning things meant for teammates to yourself over and over again.

Glip allows for streamlined communication between team members- making task assignments more clear.

Glip review by Trevor D.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"Does the job but can be bothersome in several areas"

What do you like best?

It has some build in features that are nice like Tasks, Calendar, Notes and others that a lot of other programs have to have plug ins or custom code to do.

What do you dislike?

The UI and interface over all seem to be built by a developer first and not a designer. Small things like not being able to turn off channel notifications fully or to be able to leave some channels make for the day to day really bothersome. I get notifications all the time in #general chat and I can't leave or disable notifications.

The uploading of images could be better as well as thumb nailing images or videos that are pasted into chat. It's overall good to communicate but very distracting and done in a way that isn't quite as clean and easy as Slack.

It's not possible to remove people from a personal list without doing it company wide which is another thing that makes no sense. My CEO might need to keep their user name to view old chats but I don't need them on my list if they left the company.

Over all it could stand to get a little more inspired by Slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something that allows you to talk to employees, set tasks and keep track of internal projects it gets the job done. If you are a design agency that needs something clean, easy to use and more versatile I would suggest Slack.

Team chats and Tasks help keep track of projects and that is the main focus of the company. Though visually it needs work because it's a mess to look at.