Glip

Modern messaging for modern teams

Work for Glip?

Learning about Glip?

Glip Reviews

Ask Glip a Question
Showing 68 Glip reviews
Glip review by <span>Vincent H.</span>
Vincent H.

"Easy and Convenient"

What do you like best?

Convenience and simplicity. I am all about convenience and simplicity when it comes to working professionally. From any computer/laptop I can access Glip since it is a web application. I can also communicate with my coworkers and follow up on my projects from my phone (mobile application, which is where I use it most.) I like that I don't need some expensive fancy program to do all my work. Although I'm sure those are nice, this gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Glip for the last 2 years and they have improved so much, it used to be buggy, glitchy, etc. As far as I can tell, they seem to have squashed all the bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there is a trial option, try it out and see if it is a good fit for you guys!

Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and non important mail. Text messages are often ignored due to distractions from personal life. Our company also had a go-to spot for bulletin announcements and news updates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Glip
Glip review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Great team collaboration software"

What do you like best?

Glip is included free with RingCentral! There's no reason not to use it if you're already using RingCentral as your UCaaS; and if not, it's STILL free to try out. The benefits of paying $5/user per month are lost on anyone who already has a video conferencing solution in place.

What do you dislike?

Syncing Glip to Google Calendar doesn't work the same as when you sync your calendar to Glip, because the interface inside Glip is different. Being able to update automatically when a change is made on Glip would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is affordable enough on its own but if you use RingCentral for your phone service it's FREE. Glip also links internally to RingCentral and RC Meetings when you start a voice call or launch a video session.

File sharing and full integration with RingCentral, Meetings, Google Drive, etc make collaboration a snap. It's a one-stop shop for recalling screen shots, assigning tasks, or whatever else each team needs to keep track of for in-house communications.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Glip review by <span>Sam T.</span>
Sam T.

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Glip offers a ton of features at little to no cost. It's ability to create folders within folders allows you to create endless possibilities for organizing department communication channels. When a link is shared in any communication channel, it's awesome that the link then shows up in a separate "link" tab, so if you need to find it again, it's super quick and simple. Additionally, the "Notes" tab is a great place that we use to upload our company meeting notes, so anyone and everyone can review the notes if they missed the initial meeting. The "Tasks" tab plays a huge role in our company. Before starting out day, each of us will list out goals we want to accomplish. Glip then helps us to stay on track as we check each thing off. The amount of detail you can write in each task and assign to people is also awesome. Overall, just a really killer product to help communicate better, which results in more productivity.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the calendar feature could be optimized better, we don't really use it because we primarily use Google Calendar. Maybe there's room for an integration here unless it already exists and I just missed it.

I also think that there should be a feature to be able to mass delete tasks vs having to delete tasks one by one after they're completed. I like keeping my task view to show all tasks because I like seeing what I've accomplished, but after a day or two, it starts to look messy, so I delete the old completed tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solid communication platform that's going to make you and your company more productive, Glip is your best solution!

We solved our communication problems. Initially, we didn't have a solid platform for each of our departments to communicate in, share files, and schedule appointments or productions. Glip has fixed all that, allowing us to be far more organized and productive - the scheduling portion was essential! The way we do our scheduling is by having a separate "Scheduling" channel set up and then each member can add a task for an appointment or production and then assign it to the person who manages our calendar.

Glip review by <span>Louise C.</span>
Louise C.

"Great program with quite a bit of bugs"

What do you like best?

Great way to collaborate on projects seamlessly. Conversations stay organized within 'teams', easy to switch back and forth between teams and projects and know where you left off. Tasks are team specific, but also can be organization wide. Calendars within each team as well, but can also view overall as a whole. Supports integrations with a number of different programs. Ability to customize to an extent. Like the "me" pane (serve as a homebase, able to see what tasks were assigned to you, what;s outstanding, your calendar overview) as well as the ability to 'favorite' different conversation pieces and to see it quickly and in one stream. Like the ability to have "notes", comment on them, etc. Your'e also able to "pin" items to the top of the right navigation page within each team, which is helpful if you have project specific items that need to be quickly called out. Can "pin" anything, a converstaion item, a note, a link, etc.

What do you dislike?

Glip tends to have quite a lot of glitches. There's often downtime that's unexpected and not called out or communicated. iOS app doesn't often load, rendering it not dependable. Glip crashes often. Sound notifications have had constant issues in the entire 16+ months I've been using it. (receive notifications for messages I post, sometimes receive notifications when no new posts, sometimes don't receive them when there are new messages). I've had a support ticket out for this for awhile. Issues with integrating some of the applications (i.e., Google drive often has issues integrating). Overall a great product but leaves a sense that its unrefined and not as 'slick' as some other apps like this.

This has been hugely instrumental in better communication in our company. The ability to have a different team for each project has been immensely helpful. Not only do we need to have different teams per project, but Glip helps with the 'Chinese walls' as we're able to assign permissions to each team, keeping some private, some public, etc.

Glip review by <span>Jason P.</span>
Jason P.

"Why connect your project messaging platform when Glip is Built in?"

What do you like best?

It's great that RingCentral comes with Glip. As you add users having them come together makes it so easy to make sure that give all your iusers all they will need to collaborate with the team. Glip is also easy to share with customers and vendors as well.

What do you dislike?

The UI can get busy as you add files and links. I wish it was integrated a bit more tightly with mobile and softphone, right now it opens up in a seperate app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the leap, internal email is killing your team's productivity. Glip is a life saver.

This is a way better way to communicate internally then email. We have seen a huge reduction in email.

Glip review by <span>Nathan Z.</span>
Nathan Z.

"Excellent Instant Messaging App for Interoffice Use"

What do you like best?

Glip is easy to use for both direct messaging and team communication. You can set up as many teams as you want which is very handy.

Glip has been updating a lot and seems to be improving little features with each one.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is horrible. Despite the fact that it updates often it will stop receiving messages a lot. It is not uncommon to sign in on my PC and find several messages I would have liked to reply to from my mobile but didn't know they had come in. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

It is pretty easy to send a message to the wrong person or post what is supposed to be a direct message to a group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have limited experience with other business messaging apps. I downloaded Slack and tried it for a bit to see if there was a reason to switch from Glip but I couldn't find a compelling reason.

Not clogging inboxes and not distracting people by saying things face to face that can be sent electronically.

Learning about Glip?

* We monitor all Glip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.