Glip

Modern messaging for modern teams

Work for Glip?

Learning about Glip?

Glip Reviews

Ask Glip a Question
Showing 79 Glip reviews
Glip review by Vincent H.
Vincent H.

"Easy and Convenient"

What do you like best?

Convenience and simplicity. I am all about convenience and simplicity when it comes to working professionally. From any computer/laptop I can access Glip since it is a web application. I can also communicate with my coworkers and follow up on my projects from my phone (mobile application, which is where I use it most.) I like that I don't need some expensive fancy program to do all my work. Although I'm sure those are nice, this gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Glip for the last 2 years and they have improved so much, it used to be buggy, glitchy, etc. As far as I can tell, they seem to have squashed all the bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there is a trial option, try it out and see if it is a good fit for you guys!

Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and non important mail. Text messages are often ignored due to distractions from personal life. Our company also had a go-to spot for bulletin announcements and news updates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Glip
Glip review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Great team collaboration software"

What do you like best?

Glip is included free with RingCentral! There's no reason not to use it if you're already using RingCentral as your UCaaS; and if not, it's STILL free to try out. The benefits of paying $5/user per month are lost on anyone who already has a video conferencing solution in place.

What do you dislike?

Syncing Glip to Google Calendar doesn't work the same as when you sync your calendar to Glip, because the interface inside Glip is different. Being able to update automatically when a change is made on Glip would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is affordable enough on its own but if you use RingCentral for your phone service it's FREE. Glip also links internally to RingCentral and RC Meetings when you start a voice call or launch a video session.

File sharing and full integration with RingCentral, Meetings, Google Drive, etc make collaboration a snap. It's a one-stop shop for recalling screen shots, assigning tasks, or whatever else each team needs to keep track of for in-house communications.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Glip review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Still New but Like it so far"

What do you like best?

It is slightly easier to use than the RC Soft Phone. It is more organized and caters to the business professional.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features such as the calendar and meeting do not work as well as some other software we have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really good product to keep you office line handy with you at all times. We have been using Ring Central and when they upgraded to Glip, we were very excited. Still a new product so there is a lot to learn about it.

We have our office phones everywhere we go. We do not miss calls to our office line because of this program.

Glip review by Sam T.
Sam T.

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Glip offers a ton of features at little to no cost. It's ability to create folders within folders allows you to create endless possibilities for organizing department communication channels. When a link is shared in any communication channel, it's awesome that the link then shows up in a separate "link" tab, so if you need to find it again, it's super quick and simple. Additionally, the "Notes" tab is a great place that we use to upload our company meeting notes, so anyone and everyone can review the notes if they missed the initial meeting. The "Tasks" tab plays a huge role in our company. Before starting out day, each of us will list out goals we want to accomplish. Glip then helps us to stay on track as we check each thing off. The amount of detail you can write in each task and assign to people is also awesome. Overall, just a really killer product to help communicate better, which results in more productivity.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the calendar feature could be optimized better, we don't really use it because we primarily use Google Calendar. Maybe there's room for an integration here unless it already exists and I just missed it.

I also think that there should be a feature to be able to mass delete tasks vs having to delete tasks one by one after they're completed. I like keeping my task view to show all tasks because I like seeing what I've accomplished, but after a day or two, it starts to look messy, so I delete the old completed tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solid communication platform that's going to make you and your company more productive, Glip is your best solution!

We solved our communication problems. Initially, we didn't have a solid platform for each of our departments to communicate in, share files, and schedule appointments or productions. Glip has fixed all that, allowing us to be far more organized and productive - the scheduling portion was essential! The way we do our scheduling is by having a separate "Scheduling" channel set up and then each member can add a task for an appointment or production and then assign it to the person who manages our calendar.

Glip review by User

"Glip is a constant embarrassment"

What do you like best?

The ability to choose a skin is one of the very few features I appreciate about Glip. Even then, I only like and use one.

What do you dislike?

Basically everything. Everything it is meant to do it does with lackluster compared to Slack or most other messaging apps; anything it's attempted to excel at over alternative platforms is generally a flop (e.g. Giphy integration, emoji use, search, etc.). There is so little to like, and so much has needed updates in the last few months that you can tell no one was trying to develop a good program from the start—it's all responsive to complaints. Not how you should go into app development...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use all of RingCentral, sure, go ahead and try Glip. But know it's basically an infant. No walking (or even crawling) around in good spirits for a while yet.

I guess it's better than email?

Glip review by Bryon Q.
Bryon Q.

"Easy-to-use conversation platform"

What do you like best?

Glip excels in its instant messaging, which does more than just the usual chat. In addition to allowing users to easily communicate with their teams and co-workers. Glip's desktop app allows you to create and assign tasks, create and share and annotate notes and documents, schedule events and attach files from your preferred cloud service all through its instant messenger.

What do you dislike?

I wish the calendar had the ability to have things recur based on the day of the month or by the day of the week of the month. I'd also like having more control over the frequency. I think they could make it more user friendly in terms of keeping files and such organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say it works pretty good, but its not the greatest option out there. I like all the bells and whistles. This is great if you need to just chat with just text. there are some gifs you can use too. Other good things are you can make chat rooms for teams or groups. If you need something for the office for just simple communication it would work.

Overall the software has saved us tons in time and money being able to manage the different teams all in one place and easily communicate. Easy to collaborate with a team and keep all of my organizational and plans up to date, sharing them only with those who need access to collaborate. It's very easy to communicate with other members of the organization.

Glip review by Louise C.
Louise C.

"Great program with quite a bit of bugs"

What do you like best?

Great way to collaborate on projects seamlessly. Conversations stay organized within 'teams', easy to switch back and forth between teams and projects and know where you left off. Tasks are team specific, but also can be organization wide. Calendars within each team as well, but can also view overall as a whole. Supports integrations with a number of different programs. Ability to customize to an extent. Like the "me" pane (serve as a homebase, able to see what tasks were assigned to you, what;s outstanding, your calendar overview) as well as the ability to 'favorite' different conversation pieces and to see it quickly and in one stream. Like the ability to have "notes", comment on them, etc. Your'e also able to "pin" items to the top of the right navigation page within each team, which is helpful if you have project specific items that need to be quickly called out. Can "pin" anything, a converstaion item, a note, a link, etc.

What do you dislike?

Glip tends to have quite a lot of glitches. There's often downtime that's unexpected and not called out or communicated. iOS app doesn't often load, rendering it not dependable. Glip crashes often. Sound notifications have had constant issues in the entire 16+ months I've been using it. (receive notifications for messages I post, sometimes receive notifications when no new posts, sometimes don't receive them when there are new messages). I've had a support ticket out for this for awhile. Issues with integrating some of the applications (i.e., Google drive often has issues integrating). Overall a great product but leaves a sense that its unrefined and not as 'slick' as some other apps like this.

This has been hugely instrumental in better communication in our company. The ability to have a different team for each project has been immensely helpful. Not only do we need to have different teams per project, but Glip helps with the 'Chinese walls' as we're able to assign permissions to each team, keeping some private, some public, etc.

Glip review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Why connect your project messaging platform when Glip is Built in?"

What do you like best?

It's great that RingCentral comes with Glip. As you add users having them come together makes it so easy to make sure that give all your iusers all they will need to collaborate with the team. Glip is also easy to share with customers and vendors as well.

What do you dislike?

The UI can get busy as you add files and links. I wish it was integrated a bit more tightly with mobile and softphone, right now it opens up in a seperate app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the leap, internal email is killing your team's productivity. Glip is a life saver.

This is a way better way to communicate internally then email. We have seen a huge reduction in email.

Glip review by Nathan Z.
Nathan Z.

"Excellent Instant Messaging App for Interoffice Use"

What do you like best?

Glip is easy to use for both direct messaging and team communication. You can set up as many teams as you want which is very handy.

Glip has been updating a lot and seems to be improving little features with each one.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is horrible. Despite the fact that it updates often it will stop receiving messages a lot. It is not uncommon to sign in on my PC and find several messages I would have liked to reply to from my mobile but didn't know they had come in. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

It is pretty easy to send a message to the wrong person or post what is supposed to be a direct message to a group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have limited experience with other business messaging apps. I downloaded Slack and tried it for a bit to see if there was a reason to switch from Glip but I couldn't find a compelling reason.

Not clogging inboxes and not distracting people by saying things face to face that can be sent electronically.

Glip review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Glip"

What do you like best?

Glip allows you to communicate easily with members of your team whether they are in the office or working remotely. It allows you to share files making discussions easier, and add in Gifs for humor. You can easily create groups to communicate with a number of people.

What do you dislike?

Adding new conversations can be a bit confusing on Glip. Also,the dashboard feature is a bit confusing. Setting up Glip so that notifications do not appear in the corner when you are offline was also a bit challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend downloading the desktop app. This makes it much easier to keep up with conversations and receive notifications during the day.

We are able to speak with all team members in and out of the office. The app also makes it easy for people who are traveling to keep up. We did not have an internal mode of communicating besides email and this has solved that problem.

Glip review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"Good office.team tool"

What do you like best?

Ability to create teams/group chats. Makes it easy to address an entire team or office of people. Additionally, being able to opt out of notifications of certain group chats is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, I find it difficult to find information in conversations using the search feature. I wish there was a way to flag or bookmark messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is a good solution I would recommend. Just ensure it's feature set will suit your needs before investing.

We are solving the problem of trickle information and urgent information making it to all team members. Glip allows us to easily coordinate through this information distribution.

Glip review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"A decent communication app"

What do you like best?

The best feature Glip has, as juvenile as it sounds, is the Giphy integration. Instead of randomizing a gif, it pre-populates a preview of a handful for you to select. Glip has desktop and mobile apps, which is great for keeping in touch with your co-workers.

What do you dislike?

Whenever you post a video to chat, it forces people to download the video instead of viewing it in the pane like Slack. There's no option to right click on things in the UI. Usually, if you want to toggle settings, you need to click on a cog icon. There are really small tweaks that Glip needs to make to get on par with the communication giant. Slack is currently smoother overall, and supports more integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip isn't content with their current iteration. They have reached out and agreed with some criticism our team told them. They look to be improving their system ongoing.

Our team was formerly on Slack, which met all of our needs. However, there was a move to Glip as it was included free with services we already used (RingCentral). It's also compatible with single sign-on, I believe, which is better than a multitude of passwords for different services.

Glip review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"Fantastic Team Productivity Web-Based Tool"

What do you like best?

I like having a very intuitive menu (left handside) making it a solid feature as it is crucial to have when so many different people are working on it. But it also increases team productivity while keeping everyone in the same page. I like the built-in tasks, the calendar and file sharing, video conferencing, chat, among other tools. It saves you time. If you're a SMEs or a Startup with a small medium sized team, I would recommend Glip as it offers anything a team needs and/or wants. :-)

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike about this tool really. I can't find anything but also why would you dislike it when its totally free?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate if you want get serious and cut overheads/costs.

I work 90% of the time remotely with agencie's teams and/or freelance consultants on editing, planning, adding or coordinating document reviews, among other processes. Glip really is a great tool as it offers me and my colleagues huge benefits in terms of real-time collaboration and tasks planning, acess to calendar availabilities, easy file sharing, imho instant chat tool is great, among other such as video conferencing all-in-one place.

I guess Glip enables any type of business to get agile and quick on the tasks at hand

Glip review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Opening a Branch Office"

What do you like best?

I love how easily I can go from the desktop to mobile version of GLIP, making it possible for me to maintain communication wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

I have a little difficulty accessing the files and notes section on GLIP's mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love using GLIP to communicate with staff in two different locations. It's so much more efficient than emails flying back and forth, and it keeps me off the phone and saves me from carrying post-it notes all over the office to leave messages for co-workers. I personally like the files and notes feature because I can share the info for other employees as needed, or have the info available to me no matter where I am.

GLIP helps me solve the issue of keeping our home office and branch office in another state connected! When we opened the branch office, the employees were calling me multiple times a day to be transferred to employees in the home office. With GLIP, they can directly communicate with each, share files, assign tasks ... it keeps my phone line open for clients and makes it possible for me to work more efficiently.

Glip review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Experience for Employee Chat"

What do you like best?

Glip is by far the best employee chat tool we have used over the past 11 years. We have tried everything from AIM to Skype chat and nothing compares to the features of Glip. We have our entire company now using Glip. I love the ability to quickly create groups, share files and create tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inability to edit shared files in a group setting such as you can with Google Drive. I would like Glip to add that into the next feature so that we can eliminate our use of Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have loved it and believe Glip will continue to improve.

We are able to conduct team discussions quickly and easily while all sitting at our desks or at home. We can have ongoing discussions and we can create group tasks to complete.

Glip review by Scarlett G.
Scarlett G.

"Make Communication with Colleagues Easy!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, and every conversation is saved, no matter how old it is. You can also edit what you say, in case of a typo. Another plus is that it is free if you have Ring Central.

What do you dislike?

The only negative thing I can think of is that you can't add a emoji reaction under other people's individual posts like you can on Slack.

Glip has helped me with the organization of my tasks and it's been a great communication tool between my co-workers. It has kept myself and the people I work with accountable and productive.

Glip review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"A Centralized, Company-Wide Communication Platform "

What do you like best?

Glip makes it easy for my company to send out quick messages and files across teams, departments, and the entire staff. More importantly, these messages have an increased likelihood of being seen and read by employees with Glip's integrated functionality with RingCentral on desktop and mobile. My teammates and I love to use the built-in Giphy functionality to have fun and be more personable in our communication as well.

What do you dislike?

After opening Glip, I frequently receive a prompt to put in my password to enable Glip's "helper tool," but after correctly putting in my password, nothing ever happens. I also have to be mindful that if I do not open Glip upon startup of my computer then I do not receive message banner notifications (although I do still receive email notifications, which is a big plus). Otherwise, I have no issues using Glip every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're deciding between Glip and Slack for a messaging software, I think Glip is a great tool of equal quality and value. It's an easy decision if your company also needs a cloud-based voice, video, and contact center solution — go with Glip (with RingCentral).

Glip does an amazing job of increasing employee engagement with not only HR initiatives and company-wide announcements but also one-on-one communication between coworkers. It helps with reliability by providing a color-coded "status" dot next to each user.

Glip review by Frank F.
Frank F.

"Lots of Functionality, Great Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

Glip/RingCentral has been a good experience, there's a lot of apps integrated into the system, very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could have more options for my "Status" or a custom status option.

Inter-office communications. Helps with real-time support of our staff. I can communicate effectively with my team via chat when they are on a phone call with one of our clients, because of this, I can provide them instructions and advice, even when they are dealing with a client.

Glip review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Chat feature for an Organization"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Glip is that you can easily split up teams and individuals. This makes it much easier to send messages to an entire team as opposed to creating a group chat and verifying that each person is attached.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an option for the Gif feature to be turned on and off for each individual team. The Gif function can become very distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've tried various chat platforms such as Hangouts, Discord, and Slack. I would certainly recommend giving Glip a try, especially if it's going to be used in a company setting.

The chat features are all really easy to use and have helped increased chat response time. Glip can even sync up with a lot of different products such as Google Calendar which helps to better manage your day.

Glip review by User in Internet

"Amazing way to communicate with all employees!!!"

What do you like best?

What I liked the most would certainly be the ability to chat at anytime with anyone from our organization. I especially love the comradeship it brings to our teams. The ability to ask a question, on the fly, to someone in our product team while I"m on the phone with customer is a definite plus.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that I really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly consider looking into Glip. The ease of use, and the benefits in brings to your team would outweigh any concerns you may have. Bring life and collaboration back to your organization today!

In the past, people would send numerous emails, and try to make numerous phone calls to across teams. This led to poor use of time, and, if someone had a question they needed an answer to, fast...we'd have to wait until they saw their email, or saw the voicemail on the phone. The benefit is now we are able to stay at our desks, and only pause for time it takes to write a quick chat on Glip.

Glip review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"Excellent Collaborative Tool"

What do you like best?

It's the best chat and collaboration tool I've used. File sharing is quick and snappy, dashboarding (dock/pinned messages/tasks/etc) is excellent, and teams is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

As a full RingCentral user (Phone/Meetings/Glip) it would be great to have a more immersive application, but this is something they have in the works.

Communication is always a struggle in business and Glip helps reduce that with ease. We've seen a sharp increase in collaboration and response times vs competitor applications and the always slow to respond emails.

"Great and Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to set up the system- it only took 5 minutes to add a new staff member! Also love the feature to share documents and images. Overall, this is a high quality instant messaging service and I highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints- it's a great messaging software. The only issue we had was misspelling an email, but that was a user error, not the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! I vastly prefer this over slack and other messaging softwares..

Communication between management and the front desk without the need to call or run out back. Saves time, allows for more productivity, and helps to boost morale.

Glip review by Angie J.
Angie J.

"Glip has helped (somewhat) with communications between office and sales team after our rebranding"

What do you like best?

Instant messaging and tasks are awesome!

What do you dislike?

notifications don't work well on phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find it works better on the computer than on a phone but the person using it on a phone must look at it to see if there's anything new posted. Works great on my computer.

Creating tasks with reps that handle each account helps me and the rep and manager stay abreast of where we are in the process of each task or when it's completed. We rebranded from Alabama Publishing Group to APG Local and things got hectic. This helped separate things for me as the catch-all in the office sometimes.

Glip review by Kelley  C.
Kelley C.

"Instant messaging for work!"

What do you like best?

I love the GIFS that you can use for work. It's just an all-around great Instant Messenger application that I can also use on my phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they have removed the ability to create my own memes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give Glip a try. I believe it is free to use, even without a phone subscription. So there's no harm in trying it out.

It gives us an easy way to instantly chat with the necessary people when working on a project without having big long email chains. People can leave and join a project at any time, and can still read back on what was happening in the conversation before they joined.

Glip review by User in Higher Education

"My account was deleted and all my data lost without me being informed."

What do you like best?

It's a great tool, but the loss of all my project tracking data has left me shell-shocked.

What do you dislike?

Here's the problem...

When someone creates a Glip account (let's call them UserA, Glip looks at the domain name in their email. If they are the first user from that domain they are automatically set as the domain administrator. They are not told they are the domain administrator and are offered no option.

When another person with the same domain creates an account (let's call them UserB) they are automatically assigned to the same "team" in Glip. They are not offered any other option and they do not know that they have a domain administrator.

UserA knows nothing about UserB and UserB knows nothing about UserA. They do appear in each other's dashboards but it could be assumed that's just for convenience. It is in no way obvious that the two user accounts are dependent on each other.

When UserA deletes his account he is automatically deleting ALL ACCOUNTS FOR THE DOMAIN. when he has no idea that he is responsible for these accounts. NONE OF THE OTHER USERS ARE WARNED BEFORE THEIR ACCOUNT IS DELETED.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful with the free account if you are in a large organization.

Project tracking

Glip review by Marshall K.
Marshall K.

"Glip, great for collecting remote teams!"

What do you like best?

This app is very user friendly, and allows complete computer novices to connect with myself (an advanced computer user), very easily. SImple and clean navigation, makes for a terrific user experience, when working with global teams.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the buttons are too easily clicked on (i.e. Teams), and can cause havoc with remote team members, who then get lost in a rabbit hole of teams they shouldn't be looking in. Maybe this feature could be disabled?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organize your own teams, rather than relying on a company hierarchy. This will ease your own confusion, when navigating projects, and long-term teams.

I love this application for gathering my remote team members, as a project manager. I absolutely love being able to share files quickly.

Glip review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"Collaboration and Teamwork Combined"

What do you like best?

A platform that allows you to complete projects, get everyone on the same page and track process of the activity.

What do you dislike?

The platform needs to be connected to the internet to work. If the connection is slow or offline, then you cant see your projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy to use platform to get everyone on the same page. While it's missing some features, it will get the job done and improve your communications.

The ability and need to have the team on the same page.

Glip review by John B.
John B.

"Great start"

What do you like best?

It's great product integrating calendar, to do list, chat and file share, notes etc. From my standpoint similar tools are essential for company existence and efficient work. Since we started using GLIP we noticed huge improvements in communication and time needed to react to certain even.

What do you dislike?

Most of plugins listed as "in work" haven't seen any change for last year. New features haven't been added and current build seems to be in the same stage as it was year ago with some minor cosmetic changes. Mobile application is also one of weak points of the system - it's either not passing messages or with huge delay. Mobile application itself is slow and heavy.

One of our biggest concerns was recent security issues where we started receiving files and private messages from people outside companies. At some point one of our employees was even able to jump in after login to some unknown channel from different company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is amazing tool. It's missing a little bit of features and haven't seen much of an action. If you are able to design your company around using tool like that your communication will improve a lot.

Having one organization in one place is amazing thing. Having one tool to deal with multiple channels of communication is real time saver. At the same time you save time since you aren't forced to install mutliple apps - everything is out there and accessible.

Glip review by Lexi P.
Lexi P.

"Good Task Managing Program, but Can Be Tricky "

What do you like best?

I love that I can assign daily tasks to myself or others and see my completed tasks in one central place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the task assignee gets me confused and I end up assigning something to myself rather than the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it before you frustrate yourself by assigning things meant for teammates to yourself over and over again.

Glip allows for streamlined communication between team members- making task assignments more clear.

Glip review by Trevor D.
Trevor D.

"Does the job but can be bothersome in several areas"

What do you like best?

It has some build in features that are nice like Tasks, Calendar, Notes and others that a lot of other programs have to have plug ins or custom code to do.

What do you dislike?

The UI and interface over all seem to be built by a developer first and not a designer. Small things like not being able to turn off channel notifications fully or to be able to leave some channels make for the day to day really bothersome. I get notifications all the time in #general chat and I can't leave or disable notifications.

The uploading of images could be better as well as thumb nailing images or videos that are pasted into chat. It's overall good to communicate but very distracting and done in a way that isn't quite as clean and easy as Slack.

It's not possible to remove people from a personal list without doing it company wide which is another thing that makes no sense. My CEO might need to keep their user name to view old chats but I don't need them on my list if they left the company.

Over all it could stand to get a little more inspired by Slack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something that allows you to talk to employees, set tasks and keep track of internal projects it gets the job done. If you are a design agency that needs something clean, easy to use and more versatile I would suggest Slack.

Team chats and Tasks help keep track of projects and that is the main focus of the company. Though visually it needs work because it's a mess to look at.

Glip review by Ashlie P.
Ashlie P.

"Great Organizational and Collaboration Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to organize in detail and then delegate each piece to those on my team. It allows for superb organization as well as easy, real-time collaboration.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was one more section - a dedicated project management area, similar to basecamp

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great software. For what it does and what it's capable of (along with all of the integrations), it is absolutely a valuable tool to have on hand.

Task management, project management, timeline organization and sharing, short, immediate communications.

Glip review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"love glip"

What do you like best?

there are rooms, teams, individual chats, and group chats that can be setup. i can also access chat on my cell phone. i can share files easily as well.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about glip, it meets my needs.

it has taken our use of about 6 instant messaging programs down to just 1. i don't have to keep track of chats on 6 different systems now - it's all in one place. we've even started glip rooms to replace email groups

Glip review by Dave V.
Dave V.

"Glip is super-powered chat that makes your team more productive"

What do you like best?

The way Glip integrates Slack-like team chat with basic project management functionality is brilliant. You can create tasks, events or notes all within the Glip chat stream, which saves a lot of time and makes the learning curve a lot more simple.

Pricing cannot be beat as most features you would need are totally free. I have no limits on teams or projects, or even how long conversations are archived for, and it is all free.

Commenting directly on notes or images is so convenient.

What do you dislike?

Glip is often buggy. Nothing major that a quick refresh or restart won't fix, but compared to other apps I use it feels unstable and unpolished in spots. Updates do not come frequently, and there have not been any major feature additions for perhaps a year now. Glip was acquired by Ring Central last year and most of the changes implemented have revolved around integrating Glip with other Ring Central products, which I really have no use for. This focus makes me a bit concerned about the future of Glip and keeps me open to alternatives.

Glip hasn't gained a lot of traction from what I can tell, which is odd, because it really is better for my team than anything else I've tried yet - especially since we can use it for free and we are a non-profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is hard (impossible?) to beat for the price. Which is mostly free. It has decent mobile apps. It looks clean and modern. It does a lot once you find your way around what's there (a lot of the functionality is actually too easy to miss, and I imagine most people just use it as a Slack alternative, rather than tapping into it's project management feature set).

The Glip acquisition by Ring Central still makes me uneasy, although it's been a year and Glip is still here, and still getting (some) updates. They did update the mobile app in a MAJOR way during this period, which is promising.

I just don't imagine Glip makes the company much money, and most people don't seem to know it exists. It has nowhere near the social traction of an app like Slack. All of that makes me concerned that it may not be around for the long haul. But at free, I'm still willing to make use of it and it works so well for our team.

Glip keeps our team connected and focussed, bringing all of our communication around projects into one place. Organizing conversations into threads really helps tame the problem of lost emails and files. The search capability means I can find anything we've talked about - and what we said about it - really quickly. I use the task manager to plan my own workday, every day. I can also see what others have completed in a project. We use the Calendar as our team calendar and we use Notes to hash out ideas and keep meeting minutes.

We have used Glip to jury art shows remotely, share minutes from meetings, plan events and more. With a team of volunteers who cannot often meet in person, this is a life-saver for us.

Glip review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"No nonsense, just get to it!"

What do you like best?

ease of use. I’ve nevef taken a class or training. It’s the easiest pick up and use group chat/meeting tool I’ve used.

What do you dislike?

Ring Central connectivity. Glip is fine.

Created “meeting rooms” by making a Team for each recurring meeting type. Chats continue throughout the week for follow up action items, keeping it out of email and in one collaborative space!! Project groups use it for each Project. As a manager of the managers, I belong to each group. If there is an issue needing my involvement I am told through Glip- like a smoke signal. This also keeps it from being lost in emails.

Glip review by Joseph N.
Joseph N.

"Fantastic collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

the "shelf" of important documents and links is a fantastic repository of shared files etc - and combine that w/ file markup features and it makes teamwork a snap

What do you dislike?

better calendaring capabilities and ease of scheduling meetings from a glip room - needs project planning/tracking capabilities - assignment of tasks, as well

Recommendations to others considering the product

great choice for inter-team communication

eradicates inter-office email - so efficient - great for impromptu meetings too

Glip review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best collaborative app I have used"

What do you like best?

There are lot of things which is great about glip, but in particular the simplicity in design is one of the grat things they have given for us. Also the MEME chat, It will be useful to convey a serious thing with a humor in it. Also they have both desktop and mobile app, so I can check it even while I travel

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to be disliked. On thing that I expected is, improvement while doing an update in windows. I think the current solution is hybrid a windows native would have made performance improvements for desktop

Collaboration between international teams working around the glob. Communication is made so easier.

Glip review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Excellent Team Collaboration Platform!"

What do you like best?

I love the features available on this app. I use it for all of my projects so all team members can communicate in real time quickly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t care for is that the initial team room defaults to add every team member you’ve invited to the app. And since sometimes we add clients to Team rooms we don’t want them to have access to all employees. So I title that team room as DO NOT USE, so no one uses it to communicate.

Organization of projects. Real time communication with other team members and effective task assignment and tracking.

Glip review by Govind R.
Govind R.

"Glip as a solution for internal communication"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is free along with the subscription and it really helps in communicating with colleague without having open any external platform for communication

What do you dislike?

Nothing that really there is apart from an incident where in I saw one of the ringcentral team member added to my chat option without my knowledge

Enabling team communication in realtime within the office so that data remains inside.

Glip review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Glip is Great"

What do you like best?

It's a great communication tool from the folks at RingCentral. Works great and keeps getting better.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app does not have feature parity with the desktop version, but they're working on it and hope it's getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely software that is on the up and up. Integrations are improving. Inline previews for images and documents is a huge win and great for communicating on work inside of teams. Also includes document versioning as well. You can also invite guests to your Glip teams to work on projects with outside folks together. If someone doesn't want to set up an account, they can still Glip via email, but obviously, having an account would work best.

Internal communication and collaboration tool.

Glip review by User

"Great place to communicate and quickly solve problems and understand information"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see when someone is available and it's an easy place to ask a question to get a quick answer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes it puts me in away mode automatically when I don't want to be away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great communication software and completely recoment it.

I think it allows for team collaboration because you can have a group chat with your boss and then the team included. Great for team building and allowing for quick, instant communication of info.

Glip review by Chelsea A.
Chelsea A.

"Great for Inner-Office Communication"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to talk to anyone in the office in a private conversation whenever I need someone quick answered.

What do you dislike?

I selfishly wish there were more GIPHS to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need a quick, efficient means for communication between employees, Glip is a great, affordable solution that I'd recommend.

We've been able to improve employee morale and build employee relationships by using Glip as our inner-office communication tool.

Glip review by User

"Office use is good, but lacks personal use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can find contacts easily and send a message instantly.

What do you dislike?

Using the app is okay for calling, however if I wanted to text my patients, I cannot do it with this app and have to use my personl cell phone number. I would rather use my “work” number however this doesn’t allow this yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely be able to use the app with clients so that I don’t have to use my personal number.

Keeping our field workers more in touch with everyone in the office and each other .

Glip review by David S.
David S.

"Managing Information Overflow"

What do you like best?

I love glip. I keep all the information about a project in a "team" so that everything is on a single page. Comments about tasks, files, etc can be tracked to the correct origination - something I have trouble with on other programs. I can manage tasks for all the employees who are not in the office, as well as remind myself of what everyone is up to.

What do you dislike?

The iOS app is pretty bad. It never refreshes and can't handle the amount of teams I have.

Employees not in the office can now be included in all discussions. Its also a stored brain, of everything we are thinking/doing about a particular topic.

Glip review by Jimmy G.
Jimmy G.

"Fantastic team sharing application"

What do you like best?

Allows you to assign task and share documents and track what your staff is working on.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to interface with more CRM software’s

Helps me keep track of what my staff is doing and I am able to share documents across my office

Glip review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Glip"

What do you like best?

Glip is a easy way to communicate with other. I use it mostly for communication with the team office and any offices that are located elsewhere. Its really nice way to communicate easily with your team in a efficient way.

What do you dislike?

Too be honest, nothing I dislike about Glip, its easy to use, you can make groupchats, use memes, and much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a lot of employees in the office? this software will make a nice transition to communicate with each other.

I had a project that was assigned to me, and the other discipline that was working on it was in Chicago, so instead of calling each other every hour or two, we used Glip every time we needed to clear up anything.

Glip review by Anderson P.
Anderson P.

"Nice tool to communicate"

What do you like best?

We started using this tool with one of our customers and it has been very good. We have everything we need and the option to created reminders, bot and integrations are perfect

What do you dislike?

Cellphone app does not work very good, it keeps freezing.

Internal / external communications

Glip review by Sam L.
Sam L.

"Glip gets small teams running."

What do you like best?

I love that there is a free tier. This makes Glip the perfect tool for small teams.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way tasks are done. We are slowly migrating to Trello for better task management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if it works for you.

Chat and Calendar are the big two.

Glip review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Suitable Slack alternative"

What do you like best?

Messaging is quick; GIF search functionality is fun but does create some lag; Attaching files via chat is easy and quick

What do you dislike?

Productivity tools are a bit awkward and difficult to utilize efficiently

We use Glip to keep emails between internal employees down so that their email inboxes are used mostly to communicate with customers, prospect, and vendors. The notifications Glip uses are also helpful when needing to share important information quickly since employees see it right away.

Glip review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"A great conversation environment"

What do you like best?

Glip is a great online site where members of a group can interact in an organized environment.

What do you dislike?

Glip can improve on adding more visual detail that would make Glip more casual-appearing, or at least an option for such a thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is a great site, and I will recommend it for those who are in need of a manageable chat enviornment.

Glip is helping us to solve issues regarding lack of communication or member availability that we constantly encounter prior to using Glip.

Glip review by Agency in Food & Beverages
Agency in Food & Beverages

"Glip is great!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I love the drag and drop to place files. The mobile app is a great feature so clients can upload reference images very easy.

What do you dislike?

Clients dont usually like to use collaborative software, so sometimes its too simple for them to figure out right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is an effective and useful collaborative tool for projects.

Showing clients what I have been working on while they don't see me. It shows the clients how much research work and effort goes into making a website.

Glip review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"I like Glip!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can set up teams, share documents, links, etc. I enjoy the gif feature

What do you dislike?

My animation is no longer working and the help desk said it was being discontinued. I am not a fan of the tray on the side either, too much clutter

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be distracting, but set clear guidelines with your team regarding the use of Glip. It can also be a stress reliever when your team is overwhelmed. Helps to break the tension

Easy to IM several team members at once to expedite whatever the customer needs. We use it to announce new phone calls that need to be answered quickly.

Glip review by R. Melissa M.
R. Melissa M.

"Great Way for Coworkers to Talk!"

What do you like best?

At first we were all resistant to Glip when the boss implemented it. However, the group chat functions, the ability to use GIFs, and the ability to call all from one app is amazing.

What do you dislike?

It needs a lot of updates! It's also slow at times and the notifications don't always pop up.

Talking to coworkers when we need something immediately. It's better than emails.

Glip review by Administrator

"Using Glip for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Glip as a very user-friendly interface, has many features, and allows the therapists at our small office to schedule with one another and share documents.

What do you dislike?

Glip can be laggy at times, and crashes occasionally on our Mac desktop.

We are solving problems of communication. Since we are a small office with limited space, our therapists can use the calendar to schedule office times and to communicate their needs with one another. It also allows the therapists to reach me, the office manager, instantly with ease.

Glip review by Roxana N.
Roxana N.

"Great tool for Project management, team communication - all in one board"

What do you like best?

1) It's rather new so people actually try to make it functional

2) Love the easiness of the platform, really user friendly

3) Integration with Trello, Mail Chimp, Dropbox and more

4) It's free. And you get a lot of functionality for no cost.

What do you dislike?

Still a bit unstable and the system doesn't identify yet if the same user signs up with two emails (for e.g., personal and work email). You get too many notifications if your personal and work email are synced because the system still sees two users instead of 1 user with 2 email accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for your own startup, especially if your team involves only 2-3 employees and the rest are freelancers. It's a great way to manage remote teams and make sure everyone gets the message.

The platform is user friendly, has a lot of options, you can integrate other services (Trello, Mail Chimp, Google Drive, Dropbox and more to come). It's what you need to get things going at no financial costs.

Glip helps me keep in touch with my team and it separates my other projects or businesses from the one connected to glip.com.

It's easy to use, to upload documents and add people, to filter which groups are for teams, which are for founders and which for project managers. The boards and groups keep everything organized in one place.

Glip review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent Tool for Team Communication and Collaboration "

What do you like best?

It's a great way to connect with team members. We have faculty all over the country and Glip allows us to have conservation and discuss as a group. Also, eliminates the need to mass reply all emails especially when discussing something or trying to set a meeting time.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I do not have any dislikes or complaints about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for connecting with others.

Trying to create better learning and application for students. The benefits are that everyone can "talk" and contribute their voice. It has been so useful in collaborating on projects with team members. Also, it's very easy to upload documents for sharing whether that be a word document or a PDF. Another benefit is it allows team members to communicate individually.

Glip review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"More useful than Slack"

What do you like best?

Everything feels a lot more condensed with Glip. I'm terrible at juggling between apps and services like Gmail and video conferencing. We are able to really do a lot more with this service without feeling like we are not being productive.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like it has the 3rd party support Slack has unfortunately. It's not a bad thing in a way, because most of my work outside of using design software consists of gmail, calls and maybe google docs.

More productivity. I think I used to waste a lot of time switching between different services. Now I have been able to virtually replace using email, which is great because my job is extremely fast paced.

Glip review by Juliann B.
Juliann B.

"Has it all! "

What do you like best?

Tasks are easy to assign, color code and when they are displayed in the calendar it will map out the entire length of the task. I hate when apps only show due dates.

What do you dislike?

Limited in colors for tasks. I was hoping to assign a color for each client so when viewing the calendar I could distinguish between tasks

We used Glip to establish a production scehedule. It was able to help me assign resources and the designers could manage their own time amongst the tasks.

Glip review by Consultant in Legal Services
Consultant in Legal Services

"A comprehensive solution for communication, organisation and planning"

What do you like best?

One central login no matter how many teams you have. It's the best thing for a freelancer like me (esp if you compare it with Slack and the 10+ teams I'm in and all the logins associated with them)

What do you dislike?

I would love an integration with Gitlab.

I use glip to gather ideas, exchange with my co-workers, do some planning and task managing (although I still use Github/Gitlab/Jira for issue tracking)

Glip review by Keith R.
Keith R.

"Small business owner"

What do you like best?

I love the calendar view. I tgink it is clean and organized snd easy on the eyes

What do you dislike?

I miss the Gantt chart. Its a nice feature and is something I wish was included in the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think glip is a great tool for business instant messaging.

It stops your inbox filling up with files, notes and tasks by putting it all into one stream.

"Glip Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create teams, chat with my team mates, and create events & tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Apple App has limited resources on it, but I have been seeing it improve. Would love to be able to send GIF's on the Apple App, like the Android App can.

Communication, Scheduling, and Efficient Task Making

Glip review by User in Computer Software

"Looks like zoom - but it's not"

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling from a mac/pc desktop. Easy to use when attending a meeting. My coworkers are all on and we can connect around the globe.

What do you dislike?

Horrible scheduling from mobile app, doesn't add to invitee calendars.

Remote meetings and team messaging. We are also using GLIP to host international meetings. This was a big fail when I used the "iphone one tap" on a meeting that my UK partner had set up. 60 minutes later I had a text from my cell provider letting me know I had "more than $100 in international calling charges."

Glip review by Internal Consultant in Information Services
Internal Consultant in Information Services

"Great way to collaborate on projects"

What do you like best?

I like that I can hop on Glip and collaborate with other transcribers who are working on the same project. We share spellings, names and events for context and ask others to listen to a snippet of audio when we aren't sure what we are hearing.

You can attach documents for easy review instead of having to hunt them down each time on your hard drive or online.

Very easy to install and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about Glip actually. If there was a way to organize a conversation or highlight snippets of extra importance that would be helpful.

I don't love that when it pings and lets you know there is a new message that it is down in the right-hand corner, as that interferes with my work area. When there are a lot of us collaborating there can be a lot of messages going back and forth and it can be intrusive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, very helpful for teams working on a larger project where each person's portion needs to be consistent with others working on it as well.

Spelling consistency, research on terms.

Glip builds commaraderie and teamwork. Plus it's fun to "socialize" a bit while working remotely and alone all the time!

Glip review by Adamzy L.
Adamzy L.

"Glip review "

What do you like best?

The best team collaboration software And help many organizeatin

What do you dislike?

They are Okay We use it to connect to each other across the globe

Online meetings

Glip review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Love the product, wish it were more robust"

What do you like best?

I love that it has chat, calendars, documents, comments, teams, guests, assigned tasks, and integrations all in one app.

What do you dislike?

I wish the document editor was more functional and that you could customize the dashboards better. It's hard to switch from project to project every time you switch from one panel to the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for project managing small teams for free!

I don't have to open other apps, like Slack, to make progress with my team.

Glip review by Gabriel B.
Gabriel B.

"easy of use"

What do you like best?

very to use and straight forward

and it is free

What do you dislike?

I can't upload pictures from my iPhone in any task

easy to track tasks assigned to the team

Glip review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Use Glip for internal communication at work"

What do you like best?

I like that you can have private and public channels as well as direct message people. The giphys are also fun! It also integrates well with Ring Central, which is our new phone system at work. You can easily start video meetings too which is helpful at agencies.

What do you dislike?

We used to use Slack before using Glip. The only thing I miss from Slack is being able to react to someone's comment with an emoji.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at this time.

We use this to limit interruption at work that face-to-face communication can cause when something isn't a high priority. It is meant to improve work productivity!

Glip review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Glip is a great way to collaborate"

What do you like best?

Glip makes it easy to share files and communicate to groups of people. You can have multiple teams and everything is always in one place.

What do you dislike?

The aesthetics could use a little improvement as it sometimes feels a bit bland, but it's still very professional.

We are using glip to collaborate with various contractors and communicate our needs while they communicate theirs. We come up with solutions, schedule meetings, and share new information.

Glip review by User in Internet

"Glip"

What do you like best?

Use of gifs, being able to copy and paste screencaps directly in chat from clipboard, live use of shared google documents within chat, large directory to search for relevant contacts, teams.

What do you dislike?

If there is any dip in your internet connection at all, your messages are likely to never send although they might appear as sent. Very glitchy.

Streamlining communication with our team as a whole. The benefits are there is never an excuse for a gap in communication.

Glip review by Brian W. F.
Brian W. F.

"Use with the RingCentral suite."

What do you like best?

Its included with RingCentral and it does all the same things Slack does.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to integrate with meeting software more tightly.

team collaboration, creating new work groups, instant communication with remote employees.

Glip review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Glip helps me task manage and communicate with my team in an organized way."

What do you like best?

The ability to use a task manager and team chat altogether.

What do you dislike?

The task manager could use a more detailed upgrade to have breakdowns of task within larger projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great! We have improved our company collaboration and efficiency by using this tool.

We are able to collaborate in small teams to get projects done more efficiently.

Glip review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A great system!"

What do you like best?

The updates that the Glip team makes tend to be amazing in terms of functionality. The graphic design is solid as well, and the interface is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike was that they changed the color scheme from Green to orange/blue - which made it less aesthetically pleasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glip is fantastic. It's one of the best chat applications on the market, and is set up very well. I cannot recommend it enough.

Being able to communicate quickly with co-workers who are in different rooms, and also communicating on sales nights.

Glip review by User in Computer Software

"Just wish it worked on my phone"

What do you like best?

Great communication tool for remote team.

What do you dislike?

I have an old phone - a recent update to their Android app stopped supporting my Android version.

Mainly communication with a remote team, with folks spread across the globe. Easy to get in touch with people no matter their location.

Glip review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Good connectivity tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We have office sin the USA, Ireland and the UK. Easy to use for quick communications.

What do you dislike?

It's robust enough for what we use it for.

communicating across continents - sharing calendars and quick video chat

Glip review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Great Communication Platform"

What do you like best?

Can have many users/accounts. Easy user friendly platform for communication between all departments within small business.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing i have found that i dislike

Communication between departments/job roles. Employees can have access from their own device.

"Great for Marketing"

What do you like best?

It was great to help schedule tasks and projects while also being able to communicate with the team. Often times we needed to ask each other feedback and get approvals which Glip helped us do

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would just stall and not correctly upload. For this reason, it could make it hard to use at times.

It allowed us to stay on task, get approvals, and get feedback.

Glip review by User in Computer Software

"Easy Instant Messenger System"

What do you like best?

Glip has a nice overall appearance to it, and the ability to use emoji and gifs in replies is pretty fun.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a bit cumbersome or confusing to use. Sometimes I have trouble finding or reading new messages right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep it up to date, as the support was a little difficult for a while with crashing occasionally.

Being able to talk instantly with cowokers, both in the office and working at remotely.

Glip review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"From Google to Glip"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and always updates their platform regularly.

What do you dislike?

Sometime it would not update the status of the users that were online.

Made tasks easy to follow along and who did the task.

"Flip review"

What do you like best?

Communication is easy, I am able to keep track of my calls, and voice mails all in one.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no way to turn off the alert when someone is typing messages response.

It makes it easy to have access to calls, messages, and faxes all in one place

Glip review by Administrator

"Solid, dynamic product. Has helped us more than we anticipated."

What do you like best?

Integration of group chat with task management and calendar management.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a steep learning curve as there are so many features and need to build consistency across organization in how it is used.

Improved communication, task management, sharing notes, not losing things in email.

Learning about Glip?

* We monitor all Glip reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.