Glisser

Glisser makes presentations interactive. It takes regular slide decks and pushes them out live to audience mobile devices, slide-by-slide, as they are presented. It then enables members of the audience to interact with the presenter or each other, through polls, live Q&A and Twitter.

Work for Glisser?

Learning about Glisser?

Glisser Reviews

Ask Glisser a Question
Showing 21 Glisser reviews
Glisser review by <span>Emily D.</span>
Emily D.

"Great tool for audience engagement, with great customer service"

What do you like best?

We ran a half a day conference in January and wanted to easily gather and store live responses from our audience. We looked around for an audience response platform to use which fulfilled our criteria: the ability to live poll AND take questions from the audience. Glisser offered both.

In general, the platform was simple to use and the audience was very receptive to taking part. A funny icebreaker poll at the beginning helped to get everyone warmed up and on board with how it worked. A big plus for us is the fact that the audience doesn’t sign up or download anything, as it’s run through an event specific URL. Another plus is being able to take away a detailed report of the responses and meant we didn’t need to do any post event writing up hand written notes - a big time saver! We’ve signed up for the next year and are looking forward to trying out the different features at our events.

What do you dislike?

Before the day, we set up our PowerPoint presentations in the platform integrating our polls and Q&As. We ran through it a couple of times in the office, but in hindsight probably should have run through it at the venue well in time for the audience to arrive. On the day, we had a little trouble figuring out the best way to present without making it obvious to our audience that we were switching between presentations. It was a small conference and didn’t warrant hiring AV staff to manage this, but we called the Glisser team and they talked us through a number of different options. This quick and easily accessed support was invaluable. We made a couple of quick changes in the platform and were ready just in time for our attendees to arrive. I think running through it an hour before, rather just before people arrived, might have made the beginning of the event a little less tight, but we’ll know what to do next time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only audience participation software we could find that allowed you to poll your audience AND let the audience ask questions. Most seem to be either/or.

At previous events we've run, we've had feedback that a few voices have dominated the conversation. Using Glisser, all attendees can submit questions throughout the event without having to find a point to speak up.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Glisser
Glisser review by <span>Alexander S.</span>
Alexander S.

"Extremely straightforward"

What do you like best?

My audience are largely technophobes, so I was delighted to see how easily they picked up Glisser and wholeheartedly used it.

The fact that you can subsequently share the presentations and embedded polls is also a godsend for us (and any no-shows at our events)

What do you dislike?

When uploading presentations in the back-end, there is no progress bar, makes it extremely difficult to know if there has been an error (or you just have a big file).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The UX / UI is well designed, the price point is good and I have had no significant issues to date.

My company is a matchmaking service (matching startups with prospective buyers within large enterprise). In order to perform our function, we relied on printed handouts and post event polls (many of which wouldn't be answered). Glisser allows us to survey our audience at the very moment they are most attentive, its an absolute game-changer for the way we gather feedback and organise meetings.

What Audience Response solution do you use?

Glisser review by <span>Ewa C.</span>
Ewa C.

"Reflections on Glisser from NAG's perspective"

What do you like best?

Glisser team have always managed to bring in a feature that I or my colleagues suggested. I also consistently experienced great support from their technical support team. They have been consistent not only with Glisser developments but with customer support as well. They reply in timely manner and always on relevant topic, their support documentation is also of high quality.

This year, two weeks before the NAG seminar in May, I started to receive enquiries from speakers about their use of notes via Glisser. I started to investigate how this could be done, and I quickly learnt that Glisser now offers PowerPoint Add-In. It was easy to download and install and even easier to use during the event. Presentations sync with the existing Glisser account allowing speakers to present from the regular Power Point and take advantage of their notes.

Since NAG started their journey with Glisser in April 2015 during NAG’s Fifth Collection Development Seminar for Academic Libraries, there have been many great developments and additions to Glisser. I personally, as Glisser user and event organiser, cannot imagine now to run an event without Glisser.

What do you dislike?

Glisser does not leave any room to dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definately worth it, from the event organiser's perspective, it's beneficial to the audience as well as the event organisers.

As a NAG Committee member & NAG Seminar organiser I have been using Glisser for the last two years. It has been my responsibility to collect presentations from all speakers and make sure that they appear on Glisser in the right order, have correct descriptions and run smoothly on the day. All this to make sure that speakers do not have to worry about the technical side of things during their presentations.

It has been two years for NAG and Glisser’s relationship, which means for us five successful events (one day Seminars & 2-day Conferences) ran with Glisser.

We have reviewed our relationship with Glisser half way through, and NAG Committee members were in agreement that we definitely should continue to use Glisser in future years. Here are some of the benefits that we have identified, both from NAG and members/delegates perspective:

• It is a cost-effective way of engaging audience during our events

• Delegates do not have to wait until the session ends to ask questions, they can post them during the presentation

• Delegates can vote which question should be asked first at the end of the session. This is also great for people who do not feel comfortable speaking up publicly.

• Speakers can take charge of the process of answering questions, a list of questions can be displayed on screen at end of presentation; we also offer a list of questions displayed on a mobile device so speakers can hold it in front of them

• Some sessions generate loads of questions and there might be no time to answer them, so NAG coordinates this process in the following way: a list of questions published via Glisser is sent to speakers, then we distribute answers to all delegates

• Following slides on own devices becomes important if slides have tables, diagrams etc. not easily visible from every point of the room

• Delegates are able to download presentations straight away

• Social media are linked with Glisser, so Twitter feed appears in the same place as the presentation

Glisser review by <span>Karen K.</span>
Karen K.

"Impress Your Audience Everytime!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Glisser is really amazing for the powerhouse of a tool that it is. I purchased Glisser within 12 hours of presenting to an audience of 30. I watched several of the videos on YouTube and thought "can it be this easy?" It was. Two hours prior to my presentation I added 3 audience polls, of 3 different types. I never had to consult with the website or other videos. The platform is really well designed. I was presenting a breakout session at a sales conference. I was the last session of the day and the participants had seen a minimum of 3 other sessions. The feedback from the audience members was that my session was the most engaging and the people loved the fact that they could take notes on each slide, use the <3 to favorite a slide, and at the end of the presentation, they would get emailed the entire presentation. Glisser is a game changer for presenters AND audiences. Super cool, I can't say enough about the platform. I can't wait for my next presentation.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any negative experiences with the platform. It uploaded my 110MB presentation in no time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glisser goes well beyond real-time polling, or just the "deliver ppt by text." It truly is an audience engagement tool. I'll never do a standard PowerPoint presentation again.

Keeping an audience engaged is a challenge! I love asking people to take out their smartphones and put them to use in the presentation. This is far better than asking people to put away their devices...that's so 1990s! The primary benefit is getting an audience involved in the presentation, that is huge, and then effortlessly being able to deliver the content. Capturing the email addresses for follow-up is 5-Star stuff.

Glisser review by <span>Krupa P.</span>
Krupa P.

"Wonderful App and Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Enaxis Consulting recently used Glisser during an IT leadership forum in Houston, and the response from our participants was overwhelmingly positive. As our primary presentation engine, Glisser’s simple to use interface made creating the presentation and polling questions easy and quick. We were able to directly upload PDF and PowerPoint slides into the app and could easily move the slides around to work on presentation flow. The polling option was also simple and intuitive to set up. Finally, the Glisser team was wonderful to work with. They were responsive and worked with the Enaxis team to answer any questions we had. Thank you again! The Glisser app really helped to make our event a huge success.

What do you dislike?

Overall the product was great and we really benefited from the polling options. The only issue we faced was the inability to embed videos through power point slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for conducting polls and Q&A sessions with large audiences.

We used polls throughout the forum to engage our participants and get real time input from the group on key discussion points. This shaped the discussion as it allowed our speakers and panelist insight into where the audience stood on different topics. Our participants were very impressed with the tool and many of them expressed interest in using the app in their future events.

Glisser review by Consultant

"The future of audience engagement"

What do you like best?

Glisser is quick and easy to use as a presenter. Crucially, it is also quick and easy for the audience. There are no apps to download and the UI is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Initially, the PPTs would take a long time to upload, however that improved and is no longer an issue. I wouldn't say that I find anything particularly that I dislike about Glisser. I am sure that there are more functions that could be developed over time to increase feedback or engagement opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As large group/conference environments, I think it is great. With any BYOB approach, how much you want people staring at screens and not paying attention to the speaker is an important consideration. The engagement you want has to be valuable rather than a gimmick.

I am sure the opportunity to extend contact and impact from sessions can be heightened with Glisser although I don't use it for those reasons.

Glisser is great for my personal brand and demonstrating a real difference with competitors. With larger groups it offers a better chance to engage, but smaller groups also benefit from downloadable personalised note taking.

Glisser review by User in Higher Education

"Glisser for student presentation & feedback "

What do you like best?

I use Glisser when I have students giving presentations to class, and I want other students to critically think about the presentation and give feedback, questions and comments throughout. The formate really works to keep the audience engaged and to develop critical thinking skills of the audience. The students enjoyed being able to see a running commentary on the presentations. We used the comments, questions and feedback from the audience to then develop a discussion about the presentation and the presenter was able to reply to the comments. Its good that the presenter is able to see these comments and reflect upon them (in the paid version).

Making the students use the app and provide live feedback meant they werent using their phone / laptops to do other things (e.g. check emails, text, use social media).

We didnt have any problems with the technology, one or two people found it slow to connect to the presentation.

The students really enjoyed interacting this way and doing something different to just listening and then asking questions.

What do you dislike?

Its annoying that you have to add your details and sign in every time you want to connect to a presentation. This took a bit of time to get a class of 40 people to sign in to each presentation.

The students found it hard to connect to the audience, who were constantly on their phone, e.g. eye contact was lacking a bit! But at least they knew that they were using their phones for something productive and being engaged rather than something else!

I like using Glisser when you want to engage the audience and require their participation to achieve learning outcomes.

Glisser review by <span>Alex C.</span>
Alex C.

"The most fun you can with presentations... Glisser is incredible"

What do you like best?

Glisser is such an easy tool to use, I've used it for all of my presentations since I I've even had people coming up to me afterwards, praising the software and wanting to know where it comes from and if they can use it.

What do you dislike?

Glisser's software doesn't support animations in presentations. However, I tend not to use animations much anymore because I find them now to be a tad old fashioned and they can come across as a little clumsy when I'm in a professional environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glisser is an easy to use and the team is a pleasure to work with, they fully supported me in my first event and after attending a masterclass by them I was ready to run it like a pro.

They charge fairly for what they give you and I would fiercely recommend them to anyone who finds themselves presenting. I'm even thinking of setting my team up with accounts so we can run our weekly meetings off their software- I've been bitten by the "Glisser"Bug and I can't see me going back to the dull presentations of the past- interactivity and live slide sharing is the future!

It has enhanced my presentations no end, and I cannot begin to describe the ease with which it handles data capture. I have never had as much feedback from audiences! No more struggling to come up with post event conversations, this software allows me to take questions asked and follow up post presentation. Genius!

Glisser review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

"A hugely impressive platform for conference interactiom"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of app navigation and number of taskbar functions. Really easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Portrait/landscape variance could be avoided

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enables fast polling and sharing of information, networking, engagement. Real time management information is a big plus!!

Temporary staffing problem sharing and best practice.

Glisser review by <span>Kartik S.</span>
Kartik S.

"An excellent interactive presentation tool "

What do you like best?

High level of granularity on engagement data and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Performance is Wi-Fi speed dependent but this is rapidly becoming a non-issue

Interacting with a large audience (80-120 individuals) and dynamically polling to help retain interest and collect key data throughout long (1hr+) sessions. The benefits have been extremely interesting insights with timely access to our participants' thought processes without disrupting the flow of a presentation or creating a distraction.

Glisser review by <span>Jarin C.</span>
Jarin C.

"Glisser"

What do you like best?

I can access my polling questions anywhere there is internet access.

It is easy for students to get to the site.

What do you dislike?

I can not add it to powerpoint slides that have animations.

When polling questions are integrated with powerpoint slides, the slides are converted to pdfs and all my animations are lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for polling at the end of a lecture.

Polling in the classroom

Glisser review by <span>Guy P.</span>
Guy P.

"The best presentation tool I've used!"

What do you like best?

Glisser is easy to use and works very well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far.

Glisser makes the presentation interactive and interesting for the audience, which keeps them listening!

Glisser review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Most audience engagement I received during a talk!"

What do you like best?

I was able to ask questions to audience and see there answers in real-time, this allowed me to more naturally engage with my audience and resulted in a lively debate around a few topics

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I didn't have a negative experience, the product worked fine and the staff at glisser were aways very helpful

It was to gain more follow up or leads post talk, having an engaged audience meant I had people seeking me out at the end of the talk. which was great, I am now in the process of chasing up the newly drummed up leads

Glisser review by <span>Ilona D.</span>
Ilona D.

"Bristol Tech Day"

What do you like best?

Calmness and readiness to solve any problems in stressful situations.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked. Very professional

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately the videos embedded in the presentation can't be played on Glisser.

Getting in touch with event attendees after the event. With glisser app it is easy to gather all the email address and send a follow-up email afterwards.

Glisser review by <span>Joe W.</span>
Joe W.

"Incredible service and exceptional product."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and depth of data captured during use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the ability to white label your account really creates a special user experience.

Engaging staff of all levels through one simple web application. Further to this, gaining valuable insight in the analytics platform that allow me to review the success of that presentation.

Glisser review by <span>Baden H.</span>
Baden H.

"Popular tool for engaging interactively"

What do you like best?

Ability for people to ask questions locally and remotely during staff briefings (including anonymously) - has proved very popular.

What do you dislike?

Licences cost more than we'd like and it's not possible to see how many individual uses we have remaining.

Reaching staff during briefings both locally and remotely and offering interactive access.

Glisser review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Using Glisser as moderator and attendee"

What do you like best?

I use Glisser for my LIVE podcast events to get audience interaction. I love the way you can draw people into the occasion and I also love using it to tweet live presentation slides to my followers on twitter.

What do you dislike?

Need to secure access to internet to be confident all will work well.

Glisser review by <span>Barbara B.</span>
Barbara B.

"Instant feedback from delegates to conference speakers"

What do you like best?

Immediacy and the way it enhances delegate experience

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything to dislike about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend the product

Ensuring that delegates at conferences are able to ask questions directly to speakers and feel heard as well as contributing to the conference

Glisser review by <span>Olivia C.</span>
Olivia C.

"Excellent on site support "

What do you like best?

Increased audience engagement, onsite support

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything displeasing about using glisser

Engaging my audience much more at events, in time polls etc mean I can switch to topics or relevant presentation slides that the audience want to see

Glisser review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Brilliant product"

What do you like best?

Tracking of answers/questions to participants

What do you dislike?

The reporting could have percentage breakdown of answers

More engaged audiences at our events and tracking answers allows us to do targeted follow up

Glisser review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Simple and effective"

What do you like best?

The application is logical/intuitive which made it very easy to learn and use. The end result was a presentation with audience questions, answers and statistics seamlessly incorporated throughout.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Glisser 2.0 will be a treat in terms of analytics

Recommendations to others considering the product

simple and effective audience engagement

Keeping attention of audience through engagement.

Learning about Glisser?

* We monitor all Glisser reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.