Glisser

Glisser makes presentations interactive. It takes regular slide decks and pushes them out live to audience mobile devices, slide-by-slide, as they are presented. It then enables members of the audience to interact with the presenter or each other, through polls, live Q&A and Twitter.

Work for Glisser?

Glisser review by <span>Alexander S.</span>
Alexander S.

Extremely straightforward

Validated Review
What do you like best?

My audience are largely technophobes, so I was delighted to see how easily they picked up Glisser and wholeheartedly used it.

The fact that you can subsequently share the presentations and embedded polls is also a godsend for us (and any no-shows at our events)

What do you dislike?

When uploading presentations in the back-end, there is no progress bar, makes it extremely difficult to know if there has been an error (or you just have a big file).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The UX / UI is well designed, the price point is good and I have had no significant issues to date.

My company is a matchmaking service (matching startups with prospective buyers within large enterprise). In order to perform our function, we relied on printed handouts and post event polls (many of which wouldn't be answered). Glisser allows us to survey our audience at the very moment they are most attentive, its an absolute game-changer for the way we gather feedback and organise meetings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Glisser
Glisser review by <span>Ewa C.</span>
Ewa C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Glisser team have always managed to bring in a feature that I or my colleagues suggested. I also consistently experienced great support from their technical support team. They have been consistent not only with Glisser developments but with customer support as well. They reply in timely manner and always on relevant topic, their support documentation is also of high quality.

This year, two weeks before the NAG seminar in May, I started to receive enquiries from speakers about their use of notes via Glisser. I started to investigate how this could be done, and I quickly learnt that Glisser now offers PowerPoint Add-In. It was easy to download and install and even easier to use during the event. Presentations sync with the existing Glisser account allowing speakers to present from the regular Power Point and take advantage of their notes.

Since NAG started their journey with Glisser in April 2015 during NAG’s Fifth Collection Development Seminar for Academic Libraries, there have been many great developments and additions to Glisser. I personally, as Glisser user and event organiser, cannot imagine now to run an event without Glisser.

What do you dislike?

Glisser does not leave any room to dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definately worth it, from the event organiser's perspective, it's beneficial to the audience as well as the event organisers.

As a NAG Committee member & NAG Seminar organiser I have been using Glisser for the last two years. It has been my responsibility to collect presentations from all speakers and make sure that they appear on Glisser in the right order, have correct descriptions and run smoothly on the day. All this to make sure that speakers do not have to worry about the technical side of things during their presentations.

It has been two years for NAG and Glisser’s relationship, which means for us five successful events (one day Seminars & 2-day Conferences) ran with Glisser.

We have reviewed our relationship with Glisser half way through, and NAG Committee members were in agreement that we definitely should continue to use Glisser in future years. Here are some of the benefits that we have identified, both from NAG and members/delegates perspective:

• It is a cost-effective way of engaging audience during our events

• Delegates do not have to wait until the session ends to ask questions, they can post them during the presentation

• Delegates can vote which question should be asked first at the end of the session. This is also great for people who do not feel comfortable speaking up publicly.

• Speakers can take charge of the process of answering questions, a list of questions can be displayed on screen at end of presentation; we also offer a list of questions displayed on a mobile device so speakers can hold it in front of them

• Some sessions generate loads of questions and there might be no time to answer them, so NAG coordinates this process in the following way: a list of questions published via Glisser is sent to speakers, then we distribute answers to all delegates

• Following slides on own devices becomes important if slides have tables, diagrams etc. not easily visible from every point of the room

• Delegates are able to download presentations straight away

• Social media are linked with Glisser, so Twitter feed appears in the same place as the presentation

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Audience Response solution do you use?

Glisser review by User in Higher Education
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use Glisser when I have students giving presentations to class, and I want other students to critically think about the presentation and give feedback, questions and comments throughout. The formate really works to keep the audience engaged and to develop critical thinking skills of the audience. The students enjoyed being able to see a running commentary on the presentations. We used the comments, questions and feedback from the audience to then develop a discussion about the presentation and the presenter was able to reply to the comments. Its good that the presenter is able to see these comments and reflect upon them (in the paid version).

Making the students use the app and provide live feedback meant they werent using their phone / laptops to do other things (e.g. check emails, text, use social media).

We didnt have any problems with the technology, one or two people found it slow to connect to the presentation.

The students really enjoyed interacting this way and doing something different to just listening and then asking questions.

What do you dislike?

Its annoying that you have to add your details and sign in every time you want to connect to a presentation. This took a bit of time to get a class of 40 people to sign in to each presentation.

The students found it hard to connect to the audience, who were constantly on their phone, e.g. eye contact was lacking a bit! But at least they knew that they were using their phones for something productive and being engaged rather than something else!

I like using Glisser when you want to engage the audience and require their participation to achieve learning outcomes.

Glisser review by <span>Alex C.</span>
Alex C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Glisser is such an easy tool to use, I've used it for all of my presentations since I I've even had people coming up to me afterwards, praising the software and wanting to know where it comes from and if they can use it.

What do you dislike?

Glisser's software doesn't support animations in presentations. However, I tend not to use animations much anymore because I find them now to be a tad old fashioned and they can come across as a little clumsy when I'm in a professional environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glisser is an easy to use and the team is a pleasure to work with, they fully supported me in my first event and after attending a masterclass by them I was ready to run it like a pro.

They charge fairly for what they give you and I would fiercely recommend them to anyone who finds themselves presenting. I'm even thinking of setting my team up with accounts so we can run our weekly meetings off their software- I've been bitten by the "Glisser"Bug and I can't see me going back to the dull presentations of the past- interactivity and live slide sharing is the future!

It has enhanced my presentations no end, and I cannot begin to describe the ease with which it handles data capture. I have never had as much feedback from audiences! No more struggling to come up with post event conversations, this software allows me to take questions asked and follow up post presentation. Genius!

Glisser review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Simplicity of app navigation and number of taskbar functions. Really easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Portrait/landscape variance could be avoided

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enables fast polling and sharing of information, networking, engagement. Real time management information is a big plus!!

Temporary staffing problem sharing and best practice.

Glisser review by <span>Kartik S.</span>
Kartik S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

High level of granularity on engagement data and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Performance is Wi-Fi speed dependent but this is rapidly becoming a non-issue

Interacting with a large audience (80-120 individuals) and dynamically polling to help retain interest and collect key data throughout long (1hr+) sessions. The benefits have been extremely interesting insights with timely access to our participants' thought processes without disrupting the flow of a presentation or creating a distraction.

Learning about Glisser?

* We monitor all Glisser reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.