Spreadsheet Server

Spreadsheet Server

With Spreadsheet Server, you have the power to build financial and operational reports with drill-down capability right in Excel from your ERP.. Spreadsheet Server eliminates the re-keying or downloading of data into the spreadsheet and makes the spreadsheet an integral part your business environment.

Work for Spreadsheet Server?

Learning about Spreadsheet Server?

Spreadsheet Server Reviews

Ask Spreadsheet Server a Question
Showing 26 Spreadsheet Server reviews
Spreadsheet Server review by Joseline L.
Joseline L.

"Best reporting option for MRI"

What do you like best?

As an analyst I need to make reports on the fly that are accurate and well formatted. Spreadsheet Server picks up exactly where MRI Report Design drops the ball. I am able to accurately and quickly provide up to date information in a beautifully formatted report that matches my exact needs.

What do you dislike?

It's not so much a dislike as a want - I want to take more courses so I can learn to better use all the capability of the software including SQL and Distribution Manager. So far I've only mastered the GL base product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently only use the base reporting provided by MRI you need to meet spreadsheet server!

I have saved well over 50 hours of work just in the past few months alone. It's allowed me to provide more accurate reporting and the drill down option lets people find out the answers to their questions without coming to me. Freeing me up to provide better analysis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spreadsheet Server
Spreadsheet Server review by Thomas  O.
Thomas O.

"Brilliant"

What do you like best?

Formatting and reporting is such a big part of any spreadsheet based data pool and this makes it so much easier. It is really easy to get the hang of and you can pick it up quickly. It has a very intuitive feel to it. It pulls the data from our spreadsheets quicker than any other solution we have tried.

What do you dislike?

If you are experienced with this kind of thing then i imagine set up is not too bad but it can be very tricky if you haven't set any thing like this up before and may require a few stages of tweaking to really get it doing exactly what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a quick and powerful spreadsheet data collection platform then i would look in to this. If you can arrange for a trail i think it is worth it.

We have saved a lot of time using this program, not only does it pull the actual data very quickly but once you have it set up properly it is really easy to change parameters quickly. It has streamlined out data exporting and saved a lot of time.

What Tools for ERP solution do you use?

Spreadsheet Server review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="2619f9b5-e3ef-4b49-a3bb-87eccee05a9d">Steve F.</span>
Steve F.
" itemprop="name" />

"Great Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Spreadsheet Server has drastically reduced my month end close process time. This always me to review financials more instead of just processing them.

What do you dislike?

Spreadsheet Server is a wonderful tool, however it reduces the speed of Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool is very powerful, but does require some knowledge of your ERP system. My recommendation would be gain your ITs support so that you can fully use the Spreadsheet Server tools.

I use Spreadsheet Server on a regular basis in my role, but it is most prevalent during month end close. I have realized hours of time saving. It largest contribution for me is to account reconciliations.

Spreadsheet Server review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="58960a17-f5b5-4935-b846-efc76aeca829">Ann R.</span>
Ann R.
" itemprop="name" />

"Industry Leading"

What do you like best?

This is the leading provider of MS Excel based reporting and automation solutions. The formatting is top of the line is is very helpful for working out budgeting and planning. Once you get used the layout it is very simple to use and can cut report processing times drastically.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little difficult to go through the setup process without any experience, and does work better if you have some history with something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some reading about this before you purchase, but to get a feel for it to see if it's right for you.

It has helped us bridge the gap between data and reporting, which in turn as also helped streamline the analytic process.

Spreadsheet Server review by Alex K.
Alex K.

"Spreadsheet Server installation in Citrix"

What do you like best?

After the software is setup and configured, it works relatively well and can pull data from SAP (in our case) faster than other solution we have in place. Tested using Excel 2013 and 2016 64bit.

What do you dislike?

Configuration requires a separate server for segment lists and XML configs. Typically, if there is an error with pulling the data through SS, it is not feasible to fix it without calling the support.In order to keep track of users, I had to build not only AD groups but also create a spreadsheet with license numbers as it is required to re-use licenses if users are added/removed.

SS is used in our organization to pull data from SAP and make it available and easy to operate for users in standard Excel format.Generally, it gives an ability to end-users to retrieve datasets without remembering codes for SAP transactions and also due to security requirements it use usually not possible to give external users access to SAP directly. In this case, SS serves its purpose really well.

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Happy user over here"

What do you like best?

Being employed as an analyst, I NEED to have the ability to create reports at the drop of a hat, these reports need to be concise and formatted correctly. Now whats great about Spread server is, it really does do what the others don't. With SSS, I'm able to feed my perfectionist nature when it comes to appearances

What do you dislike?

Honestly I'd say very little. I talked with a fellow user who wishes it was a bit easier to use. I for one don't have a problem. I actually like starting from a base level and getting used to the product. But anyway, as long as you embrace new ideas, your set.

I've been saving BUCKETS of time, that would usually be taken up with fellow employees asking me for direction. It's allowed me to provide more accurate reporting and the drill down option lets people find out the answers to their questions without coming to me.

Spreadsheet Server review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Experienced User Since 2009"

What do you like best?

The best part of Spreadsheet Server is the live drill down to the GL database! With these results, one can then leverage the power of Excel to create any report desired. The possibilities are endless!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this software!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are multiple uses for this product. For the price, the convenience can't be beat. Just going after account balances in Excel was enough to sell us on this product. Now it has become our replacement financial statement presentation tool, while we are in a period of transition to a new ERP system. We can pull live results from both general ledger systems, the legacy and the new system on the same spreadsheet!

We are using the Spreadsheet Server for so many applications! Currently, the two biggest uses are for presenting our corporate financials and also for audit work papers.

Spreadsheet Server review by User

"Overall user-friendly and improvements do happen"

What do you like best?

The Excel add-in and the ability to pull in data from multiple databases. Makes life a lot easier as you have the flexibility to organise and view your data as *you* want to. It's also super easy to pick up, very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Although updates did see improvement, it's still a little slow and laggy when trying to connect to multiple databases. It also occasionally conflicts with other Excell add-ins we use, but I've no doubt that will be ironed out soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth it! The time saved (even with the multiple database lag) is well worth it.

It's so simple and helps to be able to effectively manage the companies inventory. This makes budget control and stock ordering a breeze compared to life before Spreadsheet Server.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

It is really financial reporting made easy. Really has allowed us to report on information that is important to us. Very intuitive product. Based on excel and everyone knows and understands excel at some level.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was even faster than it is so that more complicated reporting information can be reported on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider this product to meet reporting needs. It is easy to use and allows you to access most of the information you need.

Faster monthly close process.

Spreadsheet Server review by Sonya R.
Sonya R.

"Why don't you have this yet??"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the prompt attention of the Global Helpdesk when I need assistance! Global Software has excellent customer support!

What do you dislike?

My limitations in my day to not learn more uses for this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product pays for itself! It's been a life changer for our general ledger team! Finding new uses for this all the time!

Automation of reports - Reports were manual prior

Accuracy in numbers - Previous reports subject to human error

Allowed for consistency in data pulls - Multiple users previously pulled data from various methods and sources

Virtually eliminated need to pull data from multiple programs - Previously had to switch between 2 data programs

Efficiency gained - Prior reports that took hours, now take minutes

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

"Complicated but works"

What do you like best?

Once a Spreadsheet Server report is created it is a great, easy and effective way to pull GL balances from our financial system. I can also take one that is created, copy it then edit it to make a new report. For me, it is a quick way to get balances to multiple GL accounts at one time. Sometimes I use it for journal entries, sometimes it's for Overhead Reporting, and sometimes it's just to validate other reports. It's very useful!

What do you dislike?

Within my organization, Spreadsheet Server does not work for our balance sheet accounts as it only pulls the current month balance and balance sheet reports should be a cumulative balance. Of course we can work around this; it's just more work.

Also, the initial creation of a spreadsheet server report is complicated. The formulas are long!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training!

I use Spreadsheet server to gather data for monthly journal entries, Overhead Reports, Account Analysis, and many other things in my compay.

Spreadsheet Server review by Consultant

"A few bumps, but very helpful and worth the investment of time and money"

What do you like best?

Spreadsheet Server gives us the flexibility that Oracle doesn't to explore the data and to tweak reports to make them more usable

What do you dislike?

It doesn't (yet) feed a pivot table directly, you have to export to a spreadsheet to a range then use the range as the base of the pivot table, requiring a 2-step process whenever you refresh your parameters or data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help Desk has been helpful when I talked to a senior person; I had to ask for some canned queries that have been very helpful.

It makes ad hoc reporting possible and drilling down to the underlying data quick and simple, saving us hours of time compared to using Oracle directly

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Simple, easy, could be a little faster."

What do you like best?

You can install it straight out of the box and offers great flexibility to view and organise live data in Excel. Easy to format and have the data look exactly as you want it.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned in the title, the transaction reports can be fairly slow to generate. The speed has slightly improved with the new update though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very handy, does everything you need and is very reliable.

Has replaced the previous software we had in place and Spreadsheet Server is way easy to personalise and use.

Spreadsheet Server review by Administrator

"Great addition to our reporting product suite"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration into our ERP saving me time and money on developing customised reports with meaning.

What do you dislike?

Assumed knowledge in database tables and SQL.

Dynamic reporting of equipment usage/productivity. New management report documents. Ability to create reports that I would have otherwise needed to pay someone to create for me.

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Very practical and useful"

What do you like best?

Spreadsheet server has been a time saver for our company. It pulls directly from our ERP system and provides the information you need in excel. A significant portion of our management report is created by spreadsheet server.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be very slow when trying to refresh or update the information. Also, if you are not familiar with the formulas it can be a bit confusing. For the most part it has only been a benefit for our company. Overall, I still recommend.

It has helped us to be more efficient with our reporting. There are drill down capabilities that allow us to analyze data much quicker.

Spreadsheet Server review by User

"Spreadsheet server is a great tool for data management."

What do you like best?

I like the various functionalities of the software which enhances excel capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this product.

Version control issues with data management / importing to other systems. The major benefit is efficiency.

Spreadsheet Server review by Sneha A.
Sneha A.

"A very helpul tool that minimizes effort and time."

What do you like best?

I like that in spreadsheet serve you can optimize your work time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are some hard coded options that I cannot change.

Helps to run ERP data directly onto spreadsheets

Spreadsheet Server review by User

"Effective tool for the communication of financial figures through Excel"

What do you like best?

The software is based in Excel which is a familiar tool in the finance industry. IT allows users to combine what they know with the new tools available to report effectively.

What do you dislike?

Setup can be a bit challenging, however, that is dependent on the systems environment that the business operates with.

Allowing for efficient reporting out of a database in SQL.

"Spreadsheet Server Financials"

What do you like best?

Flexibility is wonderful. Reports are very easy to change and gather the data you need without having multiple reports.

What do you dislike?

We seem to have issues with the different versions and having the same data returned from a report.

Spreadsheet Server is being utilized for much of our financial reporting package since our ERP doesn't provide reports.

Spreadsheet Server review by Administrator

"Spreadsheet Server is a great tool for data comparison"

What do you like best?

I love that you can use all the Excel spreadsheet functions to analyze the data within Spreadsheet Server.

What do you dislike?

The cost for the Platinum license is rather expensive for a company of our size.

We haven't used Spreadsheet Server enough yet to solve problems, but we think it will make life easier in the long run.

Spreadsheet Server review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Spreadsheet REVIEWS"

What do you like best?

Makes spreadsheets fun and engaging, often you'd fall asleep looking at them, but this changes the game!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is slow, if you could get multiple people working on the same project would be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely brilliant, makes things so much simpler and easier than Excel!

We're just quicker and far more efficient than before.

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Easy to use and be able to provide up to date information in a timely manner"

What do you like best?

be able to create reports by project, by account, by funds, etc. for prior and current years

What do you dislike?

Sometime performance; when selecting unique combinations

Recommendations to others considering the product

not at this time

Create P&L and BS reports in detail to explain variances per line item in P&L and BS reports. In addition, be able to provide monthly financial results to CFO.

Spreadsheet Server review by User

"Live Reporting of data on Excel"

What do you like best?

The feature where the data being generated on the ERP is dynamically populated on the spreadsheet without downloading it really makes it easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

The capacity of the data in the server can be increased.

Reporting of data to the client regarding the performance.

"Spreadsheet Server Review"

What do you like best?

How easily you can pull the data you are looking for once you learn how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Takes a bit of time learning how to use it.

Spreadsheet server allows you to pull in different types of data all into one report.

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Business Analyst"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is that it is in excel and easy to use

What do you dislike?

It can be very slow sometimes. I wish report creating were a bit simpler/more intuitive

Ease of reporting, better information faster with more accuracy

Spreadsheet Server review by Administrator

"The missing link for any Viewpoint User."

What do you like best?

Ease and access for reporting for Viewpoint Modules lacking in reports

What do you dislike?

Having to buy licenses individually as opposed to bundles

Better reporting from Viewpoint

Learn more about Spreadsheet Server

Spreadsheet Server Videos

Learning about Spreadsheet Server?

* We monitor all Spreadsheet Server reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.