Spreadsheet Server

Spreadsheet Server

With Spreadsheet Server, you have the power to build financial and operational reports with drill-down capability right in Excel from your ERP.. Spreadsheet Server eliminates the re-keying or downloading of data into the spreadsheet and makes the spreadsheet an integral part your business environment.

Work for Spreadsheet Server?

Learning about Spreadsheet Server?

Spreadsheet Server Reviews

Ask Spreadsheet Server a Question
Showing 10 Spreadsheet Server reviews
Spreadsheet Server review by <span>Joseline L.</span>
Joseline L.
Invitation from the software vendor

Best reporting option for MRI

What do you like best?

As an analyst I need to make reports on the fly that are accurate and well formatted. Spreadsheet Server picks up exactly where MRI Report Design drops the ball. I am able to accurately and quickly provide up to date information in a beautifully formatted report that matches my exact needs.

What do you dislike?

It's not so much a dislike as a want - I want to take more courses so I can learn to better use all the capability of the software including SQL and Distribution Manager. So far I've only mastered the GL base product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently only use the base reporting provided by MRI you need to meet spreadsheet server!

I have saved well over 50 hours of work just in the past few months alone. It's allowed me to provide more accurate reporting and the drill down option lets people find out the answers to their questions without coming to me. Freeing me up to provide better analysis.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spreadsheet Server
Spreadsheet Server review by <span>Alex K.</span>
Alex K.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Spreadsheet Server installation in Citrix

What do you like best?

After the software is setup and configured, it works relatively well and can pull data from SAP (in our case) faster than other solution we have in place. Tested using Excel 2013 and 2016 64bit.

What do you dislike?

Configuration requires a separate server for segment lists and XML configs. Typically, if there is an error with pulling the data through SS, it is not feasible to fix it without calling the support.In order to keep track of users, I had to build not only AD groups but also create a spreadsheet with license numbers as it is required to re-use licenses if users are added/removed.

SS is used in our organization to pull data from SAP and make it available and easy to operate for users in standard Excel format.Generally, it gives an ability to end-users to retrieve datasets without remembering codes for SAP transactions and also due to security requirements it use usually not possible to give external users access to SAP directly. In this case, SS serves its purpose really well.

What Tools for ERP solution do you use?

Spreadsheet Server review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

Experienced User Since 2009

What do you like best?

The best part of Spreadsheet Server is the live drill down to the GL database! With these results, one can then leverage the power of Excel to create any report desired. The possibilities are endless!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this software!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are multiple uses for this product. For the price, the convenience can't be beat. Just going after account balances in Excel was enough to sell us on this product. Now it has become our replacement financial statement presentation tool, while we are in a period of transition to a new ERP system. We can pull live results from both general ledger systems, the legacy and the new system on the same spreadsheet!

We are using the Spreadsheet Server for so many applications! Currently, the two biggest uses are for presenting our corporate financials and also for audit work papers.

Spreadsheet Server review by <span>Sonya R.</span>
Sonya R.

Why don't you have this yet??

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the prompt attention of the Global Helpdesk when I need assistance! Global Software has excellent customer support!

What do you dislike?

My limitations in my day to not learn more uses for this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product pays for itself! It's been a life changer for our general ledger team! Finding new uses for this all the time!

Automation of reports - Reports were manual prior

Accuracy in numbers - Previous reports subject to human error

Allowed for consistency in data pulls - Multiple users previously pulled data from various methods and sources

Virtually eliminated need to pull data from multiple programs - Previously had to switch between 2 data programs

Efficiency gained - Prior reports that took hours, now take minutes

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry
User in Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Complicated but works

What do you like best?

Once a Spreadsheet Server report is created it is a great, easy and effective way to pull GL balances from our financial system. I can also take one that is created, copy it then edit it to make a new report. For me, it is a quick way to get balances to multiple GL accounts at one time. Sometimes I use it for journal entries, sometimes it's for Overhead Reporting, and sometimes it's just to validate other reports. It's very useful!

What do you dislike?

Within my organization, Spreadsheet Server does not work for our balance sheet accounts as it only pulls the current month balance and balance sheet reports should be a cumulative balance. Of course we can work around this; it's just more work.

Also, the initial creation of a spreadsheet server report is complicated. The formulas are long!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training!

I use Spreadsheet server to gather data for monthly journal entries, Overhead Reports, Account Analysis, and many other things in my compay.

Spreadsheet Server review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

Very practical and useful

What do you like best?

Spreadsheet server has been a time saver for our company. It pulls directly from our ERP system and provides the information you need in excel. A significant portion of our management report is created by spreadsheet server.

What do you dislike?

At times it can be very slow when trying to refresh or update the information. Also, if you are not familiar with the formulas it can be a bit confusing. For the most part it has only been a benefit for our company. Overall, I still recommend.

It has helped us to be more efficient with our reporting. There are drill down capabilities that allow us to analyze data much quicker.

Learn more about Spreadsheet Server

Spreadsheet Server Videos

Learning about Spreadsheet Server?

* We monitor all Spreadsheet Server reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.