GlobeNewswire

3.5

Share your news with the world.

Work for GlobeNewswire?

Learning about GlobeNewswire?

GlobeNewswire Reviews

Showing 27 GlobeNewswire reviews
GlobeNewswire review by Jenna L.
Jenna L.

"GlobeNewswire makes press release distribution easy!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about GlobeNewswire is the feature that allows me to jump from one slide to another slide, and then even gives me the ability to show the public videos as well. I l also love how this website is easy to navigate and very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to complain about for GlobeNewswire. The only thing that I dislike is that the website is a little bit boring looking for my taste. I want a pop of color on these press release websites so it could make my day a little more vibrant and entertaining.

The problems that I've ran into before include being confused on how to work certain websites and how to get my press releases out to many people. With GlobeNewswire, I am able to get my press releases out to audiences very quickly and easily. I realized that I could also benefit by being able to target my audience that I want our press releases to be read by.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GlobeNewswire
GlobeNewswire review by Sara F.
Sara F.

"GlobeNewswire"

What do you like best?

GlobeNewswire is a great application to use in connecting employees to everyday, up-to-date, real current events throughout the globe. It's a great source in all types of businesses for sales, marketing, and research within various industries

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan that GlobeNewswire does not always pertain to news and information needed and neccary to every individual involved in its usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to have had experience with GlobeNewswire, it did not entirely pertain to me based on my profession but was included within overall company software based on Sanofi Pasteur's requirements. I think that it makes a great tool for those involved in the company's pharmaceutical sales and marketing aspect, especially being a globally recognized company involved in various international affairs.

So far, there have been no issues with GlobeNewswire in connection with usage for business. It has effectively utilized important tools to incorporate news and important sources to allow indivuduals to be as up to date as possible and make business decisions as a result.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

GlobeNewswire review by Agency in Pharmaceuticals
Agency in Pharmaceuticals

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Didn't need much instruction and can pick it up easily. Intuitive feel and user friendly interface. When I switched from PR newswire, there was no transition period, and I learned to use it in an hour. Another great service is the excellent customer support. Whenever I have an issue or question, the support team is only a call or email away. Very responsive, even by email. Even if I had a strange request, they did their best to find a solution.

What do you dislike?

Seems to have issues particularly during quarterly earnings. Had on occasion trouble uploading press release and for releases that needed to go out immediately from last minute request from clients, caused undue stress when there shouldn't have been any. Didn't seem to have this issue in PRnewswire. However, customer support took care of this. Wished the system was consistent all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and learn. Responsive customer service

Distribution of press releases. Sending out press releases can be stressful process as it needs to be correct every time and for certain clients it needs to go out exactly at the time you set it up to distribute and some times on a moments notice. GlobeNewswire makes this whole process easy to do and I no longer have to worry about if I had set things up correctly. Even for last minute submission request, I seem to be able to do it quickly and within the hour, the press release gets distributed.

GlobeNewswire review by ben s.
ben s.

"A great product for your company "

What do you like best?

Gets the news and press releases out to the employees without them having to go to other news sites that may contain viruses or malware. Can share videos to pubic so they know what company is all about

What do you dislike?

It is a great product nothing really wrong but Plain website, could be more colorful or stand out more making it better to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program, it is one of the easiest to use, user friendly and can show the public what your company is all about. Also is a great price for the product, cheaper than other products out there.

Less confusing than other websites, easy to read and navigate around unlike other products out there

"GlobeNewswire"

What do you like best?

It's a great PR tool. A PR blast can get traffic within minutes - and the posts are always featured on Google News and other major search engines.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing bad that I have to say. The only thing is that there are other platforms out there that offer almost the exact same service as GlobeNewswire, so I feel like this platform should try and differentiate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I mentioned before, I think GlobeNewsire needs to differentiate itself from all the other PR tools on the market. Therefore, maybe provide more tips on when to release news that will create an impact? Or how to maximize exposure?

I've basically been able to reach a global audience and do great PR with this platform.

GlobeNewswire review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Nickled & Dimed"

What do you like best?

I liked speaking with the editorial team. That was the best part of my experience.

What do you dislike?

I was given an estimated charge, including the extra $150 charge for being over 400 words but under 500 words. Then, after the editorial team made no changes to the copy (no words added or removed), I was charged an extra $150 for sending out a release with 500-600 words.

When I contacted GlobeNewswire to get the charge corrected, I wasn't given a reason for the extra charge and they would only consider refunding it if I signed up with them as an agency for a large number of future releases.

I then asked, respectfully and politely, if getting this extra $150 was worth losing my future business and the senior sales director, Lucas, didn't return a response.

I don't want future surprises eating away at my agency's profitability and there are a lot of other options out there for me to use.

I tried GlobeNewswire because I used to use Marketwired in the past and they were great to work with. Marketwired was purchased, to my understanding, by Nasdaq (who owns GlobeNewswire) and so I tried them.

That was my mistake and I'll only make the mistake once. I've moved on to another service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use GlobeNewswire, confirm with editorial what the final price will be for distributing your release, and don't sign up for a multiple release package until you've used them once or twice.

Additionally, compare the reach of different distribution services. GlobeNewswire charges a premium rate, but it didn't feel like premium reach for my client.

I have clients who need to send out press releases, so I need a go-to distribution service that gives my clients value (price isn't as important as getting good value for whatever I spend on a release).

GlobeNewswire review by User

"Good customer service, but "

What do you like best?

The customer service is great. When I had an issue with distribution of a release, the representatives stayed on the line until the problem was resolved and tried multiple remediation techniques. It is also very easy to use when there is no issue and I enjoy that we can automatically send releases to our newsroom.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there can be issues with the service. On multiple occasions we have had a release that needs to go out and the service has been down or experiencing connection issues.

Press release distribution and adding releases to the newsroom has been much easier and made it possible for us to save time.

GlobeNewswire review by Agency
Agency

"GlobeNewswire Review from PR Professional"

What do you like best?

The upload process is very quick. It is easy to make changes if needed for the client.

What do you dislike?

I feel that security is not very tight especially against competitors. Other service usually send a code or something to verify once they call you. Since a lot of this is getting blasted out publicly and to a wide range of audiences, it is vital that there is no room for error. I feel like it is way to hack or someone to make a mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider alternative competitors.

The benefit I noticed from GlobeNewswire is that I like competitors more. My client is currently waiting for the contract to be up so they can switch back to what they had before.

GlobeNewswire review by Administrator

"Does the job."

What do you like best?

Overall, the customer experience is quite good. It's a dashboard format and it's easy to set up what you're after using the drop-down menus and upload forms.

What do you dislike?

I was part of the transition from Marketwired to GlobalNewswire. It was quite confusing overall, but I'm enjoying the GlobalNewswire experience overall.

Sharing news and product updates within North America. Syndication channels do a good job of picking up the news.

GlobeNewswire review by Ingrid C.
Ingrid C.

"New User But Like So Far"

What do you like best?

Easy to add press releases for submission once profiles are set up.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything I don't like....

This is a quick way to get releases distributed via the wire. Price is good too.

GlobeNewswire review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Press distribution solution"

What do you like best?

Global Newswire was easy to set up initially. It lets you identify target audiences that you want your press release to get in front of. It has a good distribution network and shows up on many other websites.

What do you dislike?

The price is a big expensive. I felt like there are other press release distribution sites that were cheaper and achieved the same reach.

Our company wanted to get the word out about news happening with our company. Our industry is very niche so it felt like what we payed to get this pushed out did not amount to the results we were receiving.

"Feedback "

What do you like best?

This systems allows our users to give us feedback on the most essential part of our business.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan this does not always pertain to news and information needed and neccary to every individual involved in its usage.

GlobeNewswire review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"All Talk"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and doesn’t take much time to get up and running

What do you dislike?

You pay for everything and the cost are ridiculous

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out small platforms offering same feat

None we wasted time and money to get names that wouldn’t respond and sent wires that are hard to track results

GlobeNewswire review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Globe Newswire is like PR distribution for dummies"

What do you like best?

The customer service is top-notch! I love that someone calls you to double check that everything is good to go, and their responsiveness is probably the best of ANY company I've worked with. They are also very transparent when it comes to costs, which I appreciate.

What do you dislike?

Nothing -- I've actually been extremely satisfied with this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using GlobeNewswire whether you are a seasoned PR veteran or someone just starting out. The service is incredibly helpful and easy to understand.

The problem solved is being able to cast a wide net to gain the most exposure with a press release. I find that many of the press hits with GlobeNewswire are good places in top tier publications. I

GlobeNewswire review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Not Worth It"

What do you like best?

Wide array of choices when it comes to selecting news sources and locations.

What do you dislike?

The press release on most websites stayed live for 30 days and then was deleted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose another service.

It makes your brand more visible online.

GlobeNewswire review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great platform, the same as every other platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy GlobeNewswire because it easily and accurately allows companies to distribute press releases.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a defining feature of any press release distribution service that separates one from the other.

This is an easy way for companies to distribute their news, and although I enjoy when press releases are sent to me. It's easy enough to find a release on this wire.

GlobeNewswire review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"GlobeNewswire Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using the media contacts database. I am able to find relevant media contacts based on location, publication and topics they write about, which helps me to build targeted media lists quickly. The wires are also less expensive than other options I've used in the past. I like that they offer unlimited images and contacts, whereas I had to pay a high price for these items with other PR distribution services.

What do you dislike?

I don't think our press releases are syndicated on as many publications/sites as they were with other wire services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using a different service for wires if your budget allows.

We are able to target relevant reporters and journalists with our news for increased press coverage.

GlobeNewswire review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"GlobeNewswire - Press Release Distribution Service"

What do you like best?

Nasdaq gave us a good deal on switching from PRnewswire due to our company's IPO last June.

What do you dislike?

I mean, for what it is, these services are all pretty similar. Nasdaq does offer some additional attribution and performance metrics that could be more granular, but I don't think that's specific to their service in particular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best to use their wire distribution services in conjunction with their PR services - our company doesn't have need for the latter, but the benefits are clear: consolidation, one bill, one contact, global brand.

Wire release distribution

Benefit of existing working relationship with NASDAQ (we're listed on their exchange)

GlobeNewswire review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, good analytics, broad distribution

What do you dislike?

Limited distribution outside of the US, can not select OUS trade pubs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nasdaq just sold this part of the business. Understand the long term viability and commitment to the product before switching.

Press release distribution - broad and targeted.

GlobeNewswire review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Good news wire option"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use for news release distribution.

What do you dislike?

Likely not as much reach as other news wire services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good alternative to higher priced news wire options. Several targeted wire options, with some free trade wires as well.

Press release distribution to generate awareness of business announcements.

GlobeNewswire review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Pretty decent"

What do you like best?

Helps cut back on time, thus increasing efficiency.

What do you dislike?

It gets slower the more it's being used. But customer service is helpful.

I haven't really ran into any problems. You have to learn how to use anything that's new and that's a given.

GlobeNewswire review by User

"User friendly, intuitive distribution service"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use with user friendly interface. Great PR tool

What do you dislike?

Cost is too high compared to other competitors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and reliable app to distribute press releases.

Distributing news in the world about global health (focus of my industry).

"Globenewswire is great"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is top of the line.

What do you dislike?

Not a super user friendly web portal. I would love to be able to help myself before calling them.

It allows us to distribute company news

GlobeNewswire review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

Helps eliminate time, increases efficiency

What do you dislike?

No current problems with the software yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worthwhile investment

It benefits our team because it helps us all have the same access to information to be on the same page

GlobeNewswire review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Great media distribution, but pricy"

What do you like best?

Wide distribution across reputable outlets

What do you dislike?

It’s pricey as cost is determined by word count

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flat rate for press released

Wonderful SEO and has helped with investor relations for promoting credible success stories

"A bit disorganized. "

What do you like best?

I like how they give you a preview of the top stories.

What do you dislike?

They are disorganized when it comes to their site.

Lots of benefits including the different softwares and technology.

"Marketing "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to learn and navigate. I like using the program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it’s very self explanatory. Grateful to have the program

research and SEO

Learning about GlobeNewswire?

* We monitor all GlobeNewswire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.