Gmail

Email wherever you work. Gmail works on any computer or mobile device with a data connection and offline support lets you keep working even when you're disconnected. Whether you're at your desk, in a meeting, or on a plane, your email is there.

Work for Gmail?
Ibmnotes email  2x

Learning about Gmail?

Gmail Reviews

Ask Gmail a Question
Showing 859 Gmail reviews
Gmail review by <span>Cristina R.</span>
Cristina R.

The best free email service

What do you like best?

Gmail is the absolut best free email service there is.

With a gargantuan amount of space, robust security compared to other free email options and full featured integration with other apps in the Google ecosystem; Gmail allows for seamless operation and lightning fast email use.

Gmail also allows for attachments of large files, and is fully integrated into pretty much any smart phone, tablet, computer or device that allows email or internet use.

Gmail is fast to load, read, edit, send and receive.

What do you dislike?

The mobile apps could use some work, the features could be easier to modify, button & sliding actions as well.

Allowed attachment file sizes are already huge but could be bigger now that we are in the 4k era.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The absolut best, no need to consider other options, just register and start using it everywhere

Gmail allows for instant, fast and secure communication with clients, coworkers, relatives, friends and pretty much everyone online.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gmail
Gmail review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.

Top of the line, fully featured, fully integrated, robust, free e-mail software. Essential

What do you like best?

Gmail is spectacular and part of my shortlist of essential pieces of software.

I've been using it since its inception in early Beta, back when it gave 1GB vs the 2mb given by Hotmail.

Gmail is superbly intuitive, easy to use, vastly available on pretty much every software platform and device and compatible with mostly every email client, secure, fast, allows for large filesizes.

Fully integrated with google's software package and devices, allowing you to instantly sync calendar appointments, calendars and the like between all of your google account.

The Spam filter works spectacularly and very rarely filters out good email, or lets spam into your inbox.

Very easy to search for e-mail, advanced and intuitive formatting options, easy to paste or attach files or fomats, nearly instant sync of sent and received e-mails.

Gmail has been a trendsetter having rivals play constant catch up when it comes to storage, speed, security, and UI. Truly essential and the best free email alternative around.

What do you dislike?

Easily the hardest "Dislike" column I've had to write; I wish both the interface, formatting and editing of contacts within Gmail were handled better and more intuitively, it's much more of a hassle to use than similar approaches like that of iCloud.

There's barely anything wrong with Gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, best free email software available.

Used it since its inception (And would be my only option if I didn't have a 1997 hotmail account which most of my contacts have had for 2 decades). Email has been the superior solution for each and every e-mail communication needed.

What Email solution do you use?

Gmail review by <span>Devon T.</span>
Devon T.

Easy to Use and Free Email Service

What do you like best?

Gmail has several features that I like - in addition to the fact that it is a free service with a large amount of storage space available. I like that Gmail allows you to have multiple accounts - allowing me to have a personal and a business email account - both free of charge - that are easy to switch in between. I am able to navigate between my two Gmail email addresses by clicking one button. Another thing that I like about Gmail is that the Gmail mobile application is compatible with any operating system. Since I use a Windows machine at work and an Apple mobile device, being able to use my email on both operating systems is necessary. Many email providers are only compatible with one operating system or the other so, the fact that Gmail is universal is one of my favorite features. I'm able to access my Gmail account no matter what device I am using.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has one display/set-up for emails and you aren't able to change how emails are displayed in order to customize to your liking. While Gmail does allow you to change the background images, it doesn't allow you to change how the actual messages are displayed. For someone who isn't a fan of the way it is set-up, this can be frustrating. I also dislike the amount of spam that gets bypassed and makes it to my inbox. Gmail has a specific spam folder where all spam messages should go directly - totally bypassing the inbox. However, in my experience, this only works some of the time. I find so many spam messages in my inbox - something that can be dangerous.... especially since I use Gmail for business purposes with emails that contain sensitive information. A virus from a spam email could have serious consequences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail because it really has everything that you could want or need in an email service provider. Gmail has a free version that offers a large amount of storage space. Gmail allows you to have multiple accounts so it is easy to keep business and personal emails separate. Gmail is compatible with all Google services making it easy to incorporate and go from one service to the next - all you need is one account to access all Google services. I definitely recommend Gmail for both business and personal email needs.

Gmail allows us to access our email accounts no matter where we are working - from the office to home to the train - this is because no download is necessary - you can access your Gmail as long as you have the internet. This is so important since we are constantly traveling for work. This is also something that many other email providers don't offer. Since Gmail is a free email service, it saves my company a lot of money while still providing a huge amount of storage space. Having a lot of storage space is very important for my company because we archive and keep every single email that is ever sent and received. An email service that doesn't have the space the Gmail offers would just not be an option for my company.

Gmail review by <span>Joe B.</span>
Joe B.

Easy to Use, Free Email Service

What do you like best?

I like best that Gmail conveniently works on all operating systems via its mobile application or any where that has an internet connection via the Gmail website. This is - in my opinion - the most convenient thing about Gmail since my company uses different operating systems. We have Windows at the office and Apple/MAC on our mobile devices. So, have an email service that works on both operating systems is necessary in order for us to have access to our email account when we are traveling via our mobile devices. Gmail works just as good and as fast on my iPhone as it does on my desktop computer. The mobile application is just as fast as using the Gmail website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has such a negative, unprofessional connotation associated with it by so many people. I have found that many people view Gmail as unprofessional not because it is a free service but because they believe it is not secure. This is a downfall as far as I am concerned especially since I use Gmail for business purposes and so, it is important that it be viewed as a secure service. I have found that Gmail is actually quite secure and just as professional as any other email service that I have used. The only thing that I think could make Gmail any better is for them to work on its reputation by educating people on the measures Gmail takes to keep email accounts secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for several reasons - because it is free and offers a large amount of storage space. I also recommend it because it is super fast - I receive new emails almost immediately. Gmail also has a nice mobile application that is compatible across all operating systems - making it easy to check your email no matter what type of device you are using. Gmail also does a good job of filtering SPAM emails to the designated SPAM folder so I never even have to deal with incoming SPAM messages.

Gmail is great because not only is it free but it offers a ton of storage space, something that is important for my company because we keep every single email that we both send and receive so that we are able to look back and have every conversation documented. Gmail also allows you to have emails forwarded to any other email account from any other email provider - something that many free email providers do not offer. This is important because since we have several email providers- we can set it up so that they are all forwarded to a single email account. This makes it much easier to check and keep track of incoming emails.

Gmail review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.

Ease of use is unparalleled

What do you like best?

Gmail accounts are easy to set up within schools and businesses, giving you a private community to be able to communicate with easily. There are many features that google offers including the google drive which allows you to upload documents and folders and share them with individuals or groups. There is even the possibility to instal a password for people to edit or download documents. The internal address book is a very helpful feature, that way if you are trying to send something to a group of people or someone you may not know the full address of, google suggests them for you.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to upload large documents and folders and the use of a third party website for such large files is needed. Mobile use of the system is a little annoying personally on iPhones as it is a whole separate multiple apps you need to function the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many features you can use and I recommend you try to utilize all of them, it makes for a more seamless experience for staff and students. Mass e-mails, google sites, and google drive are imperative for an easy education experience.

Having the school be on the same e-mail network there are many features that become available including google sites, which allows specific links to be found for certain purposes with the search of simple given phrases. Also being able to share live documents with contacts is very helpful.

Gmail review by <span>Ava P.</span>
Ava P.

My Favorite Email Service

What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Gmail but most of all I like the fact that it is compatible with so many other Google programs. At my company, we choose the product that is easy and reliable - which we have found in Gmail. It is convenient to be able to have my Google Calendar synced with my Gmail because when I receive emailed appointments, they are easily synced to my calendar without having to do all of the manual steps. This is a very large and important feature of Gmail .In addition to its compatibility, it is also free and offers a large amount of storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

A reason that me and my company alike tend to dislike about Gmail is the belief that many have that the email service is unprofessional. There is a large portion of the population that view Gmail as unprofessional and full of spam - two things that can be very negative for a business that relies on Gmail as its prime internal email service. Perhaps if this stigma disappeared, we would be able to use Gmail externally with our clients as much as we do to communicate internally, between employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail no matter what platform - Apple or Windows - you use because it has an application that is compatible with all operating systems. Even better, if you don't want to take up space on your device by downloading the Gmail application, Gmail has a website that is accessible from any device, from any location that has an internet connection. Being able to access Gmail no matter where you are or what kind of device you are using it a huge benefit of this free service. I am always recommending Gmail to my coworkers and friends.

Gmail has helped my company a lot in a number of ways but mostly because of its sync-ability with other Gmail programs - which helps us to save time and be efficient. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me, it will automatically sync with my Google Calendar and Google Maps. So, the event is saved to my calendar and when it comes time for me to navigate to the event, it is already there and accessible in my Google Maps application. This has been very helpful on many occasions.

Learning about Gmail?

* We monitor all Gmail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.