Gmail

Email wherever you work. Gmail works on any computer or mobile device with a data connection and offline support lets you keep working even when you're disconnected. Whether you're at your desk, in a meeting, or on a plane, your email is there.

Work for Gmail?

Gmail review by <span>Devon T.</span>
Devon T.

Easy to Use and Free Email Service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Gmail has several features that I like - in addition to the fact that it is a free service with a large amount of storage space available. I like that Gmail allows you to have multiple accounts - allowing me to have a personal and a business email account - both free of charge - that are easy to switch in between. I am able to navigate between my two Gmail email addresses by clicking one button. Another thing that I like about Gmail is that the Gmail mobile application is compatible with any operating system. Since I use a Windows machine at work and an Apple mobile device, being able to use my email on both operating systems is necessary. Many email providers are only compatible with one operating system or the other so, the fact that Gmail is universal is one of my favorite features. I'm able to access my Gmail account no matter what device I am using.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has one display/set-up for emails and you aren't able to change how emails are displayed in order to customize to your liking. While Gmail does allow you to change the background images, it doesn't allow you to change how the actual messages are displayed. For someone who isn't a fan of the way it is set-up, this can be frustrating. I also dislike the amount of spam that gets bypassed and makes it to my inbox. Gmail has a specific spam folder where all spam messages should go directly - totally bypassing the inbox. However, in my experience, this only works some of the time. I find so many spam messages in my inbox - something that can be dangerous.... especially since I use Gmail for business purposes with emails that contain sensitive information. A virus from a spam email could have serious consequences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail because it really has everything that you could want or need in an email service provider. Gmail has a free version that offers a large amount of storage space. Gmail allows you to have multiple accounts so it is easy to keep business and personal emails separate. Gmail is compatible with all Google services making it easy to incorporate and go from one service to the next - all you need is one account to access all Google services. I definitely recommend Gmail for both business and personal email needs.

Gmail allows us to access our email accounts no matter where we are working - from the office to home to the train - this is because no download is necessary - you can access your Gmail as long as you have the internet. This is so important since we are constantly traveling for work. This is also something that many other email providers don't offer. Since Gmail is a free email service, it saves my company a lot of money while still providing a huge amount of storage space. Having a lot of storage space is very important for my company because we archive and keep every single email that is ever sent and received. An email service that doesn't have the space the Gmail offers would just not be an option for my company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gmail
Gmail review by <span>Joe B.</span>
Joe B.

Easy to Use, Free Email Service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like best that Gmail conveniently works on all operating systems via its mobile application or any where that has an internet connection via the Gmail website. This is - in my opinion - the most convenient thing about Gmail since my company uses different operating systems. We have Windows at the office and Apple/MAC on our mobile devices. So, have an email service that works on both operating systems is necessary in order for us to have access to our email account when we are traveling via our mobile devices. Gmail works just as good and as fast on my iPhone as it does on my desktop computer. The mobile application is just as fast as using the Gmail website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has such a negative, unprofessional connotation associated with it by so many people. I have found that many people view Gmail as unprofessional not because it is a free service but because they believe it is not secure. This is a downfall as far as I am concerned especially since I use Gmail for business purposes and so, it is important that it be viewed as a secure service. I have found that Gmail is actually quite secure and just as professional as any other email service that I have used. The only thing that I think could make Gmail any better is for them to work on its reputation by educating people on the measures Gmail takes to keep email accounts secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for several reasons - because it is free and offers a large amount of storage space. I also recommend it because it is super fast - I receive new emails almost immediately. Gmail also has a nice mobile application that is compatible across all operating systems - making it easy to check your email no matter what type of device you are using. Gmail also does a good job of filtering SPAM emails to the designated SPAM folder so I never even have to deal with incoming SPAM messages.

Gmail is great because not only is it free but it offers a ton of storage space, something that is important for my company because we keep every single email that we both send and receive so that we are able to look back and have every conversation documented. Gmail also allows you to have emails forwarded to any other email account from any other email provider - something that many free email providers do not offer. This is important because since we have several email providers- we can set it up so that they are all forwarded to a single email account. This makes it much easier to check and keep track of incoming emails.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Email solution do you use?

Gmail review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.
Validated Review

Ease of use is unparalleled

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Gmail accounts are easy to set up within schools and businesses, giving you a private community to be able to communicate with easily. There are many features that google offers including the google drive which allows you to upload documents and folders and share them with individuals or groups. There is even the possibility to instal a password for people to edit or download documents. The internal address book is a very helpful feature, that way if you are trying to send something to a group of people or someone you may not know the full address of, google suggests them for you.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to upload large documents and folders and the use of a third party website for such large files is needed. Mobile use of the system is a little annoying personally on iPhones as it is a whole separate multiple apps you need to function the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many features you can use and I recommend you try to utilize all of them, it makes for a more seamless experience for staff and students. Mass e-mails, google sites, and google drive are imperative for an easy education experience.

Having the school be on the same e-mail network there are many features that become available including google sites, which allows specific links to be found for certain purposes with the search of simple given phrases. Also being able to share live documents with contacts is very helpful.

Gmail review by <span>Ava P.</span>
Ava P.

My Favorite Email Service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Gmail but most of all I like the fact that it is compatible with so many other Google programs. At my company, we choose the product that is easy and reliable - which we have found in Gmail. It is convenient to be able to have my Google Calendar synced with my Gmail because when I receive emailed appointments, they are easily synced to my calendar without having to do all of the manual steps. This is a very large and important feature of Gmail .In addition to its compatibility, it is also free and offers a large amount of storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

A reason that me and my company alike tend to dislike about Gmail is the belief that many have that the email service is unprofessional. There is a large portion of the population that view Gmail as unprofessional and full of spam - two things that can be very negative for a business that relies on Gmail as its prime internal email service. Perhaps if this stigma disappeared, we would be able to use Gmail externally with our clients as much as we do to communicate internally, between employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail no matter what platform - Apple or Windows - you use because it has an application that is compatible with all operating systems. Even better, if you don't want to take up space on your device by downloading the Gmail application, Gmail has a website that is accessible from any device, from any location that has an internet connection. Being able to access Gmail no matter where you are or what kind of device you are using it a huge benefit of this free service. I am always recommending Gmail to my coworkers and friends.

Gmail has helped my company a lot in a number of ways but mostly because of its sync-ability with other Gmail programs - which helps us to save time and be efficient. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me, it will automatically sync with my Google Calendar and Google Maps. So, the event is saved to my calendar and when it comes time for me to navigate to the event, it is already there and accessible in my Google Maps application. This has been very helpful on many occasions.

Gmail review by <span>J Christian C.</span>
J Christian C.

The Ultimate Email Experience

What do you like best?

Gmail has it all. Filters, Folders, Labels, and extensions for days. You can customize your email YOUR way, and with add-ons/extensions, you can literally do almost anything with Gmail that you can imagine.

What do you dislike?

There are some gaps between Inbox and Gmail that I wish Google could close. I prefer Gmail on Desktop, however, the Inbox features such as auto-grouping are something that I miss when using Gmail. I would prefer a more cohesive desktop and mobile experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ONLY email solution that you will ever need again. I highly recommend Gmail as your go to and forever use as your email client.

I use Gmail and Gsuite Gmail (customized) with many great extensions that include email tracking, click tracking, attachment icons, inline notes, and basic CRM functionality. Using Gmail across platforms allows me to view my mail with ease and manage my inboxes without much issue.

Gmail review by <span>Gina L.</span>
Gina L.

Secure and Reliable Email Service

Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like best about Gmail is how convenient it is to access my email. As long as I have the Internet, I can access my Gmail email account simply by using an Internet browser. When on my cell phone, even more conveniently, I can access my Google email account using the Gmail application with the simple click of a button - even more convenient - the Gmail application makes it so that I don't have to continuously enter my login credentials to gain access. I also really like how much storage Gmail provides. It provides more storage space than I could never come close to using. I also really like that Gmail is compatible with all of the other Google services, including Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Maps. This makes it extremely convenient to go from one Google service to the other with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found to dislike about Gmail is the fact that many people think that it is unsecure and unprofessional. This is a stigma that has been attached to Gmail for as long as I can remember. However, this is very untrue as current users of Gmail can attest. I have found it to be secure and reliable and have never experienced any of these kinds of issues. However, many people don't have a Gmail account and won't use it because of that unprofessional statement that is attached to it. I also think the Gmail sorting options could be improved. It is sometimes difficult to sort and view your emails in an organized, user-friendly manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for those who want to be able to access their email from any location as long as they have the Internet without having to download an application that takes up storage space on your device. However, for those that prefer to use an application on their device, Gmail offers easy, one click access to email on its very reliable mobile application. Gmail is user friendly with a ton of storage space and is easy to customize and organize.

Gmail has been great for my company because it is so easily integrated with other google services. For example, if I get an email in my Gmail account that has an appointment with a time, date and location, I can automatically have it sent to my Google Calendar as an appointment as well just to my Google Maps as a location. This means that the appointment that came in an email to my Gmail account is saved to my Google calendar and sent to my Google Maps so I can conveniently find the location of the meeting and get directions.

Learning about Gmail?

* We monitor all Gmail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.