Gmail

Email wherever you work. Gmail works on any computer or mobile device with a data connection and offline support lets you keep working even when you're disconnected. Whether you're at your desk, in a meeting, or on a plane, your email is there.

Work for Gmail?

Learning about Gmail?

Gmail Reviews

Ask Gmail a Question
Showing 883 Gmail reviews
Gmail review by Laurimar M.
Laurimar M.

"my experience has been positive, Gmail is a work tool"

What do you like best?

The amount of message I can receive and keep in the inbox, in my case they go over 9 thousand, the possibility of saving any file that I downloaded by storing in the Drive, the possibility of storing photos and organize them, manage a calendar of activities, in addition to the synchronization that I can have between the different applications that I use, something very important is security because it informs from which device the mail was accessed and when

What do you dislike?

Good storage is extensive but limited, when deleting a group of messages from the same issuer is only possible to do so by message selection not by author of the message, I would like to have a more advanced search of my messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent work tool, helps you keep your activities updated and communication with your customers

Storage of private information, permanent contact through messages with customers, to share information to customers through the Drive

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gmail
Gmail review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"One of the best if not the best Web mail service."

What do you like best?

I'm using Gmail for more than 8 years, I love the way that Gmail delivers notifications and the way they filter out emails, I, even more, love the new look of Gmail, it is tightly integrated in google ecosystem and I can use my Gmail account to sign in to almost 90% of websites.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of options to make Rules like in outlook, yes you can label emails and organize them pretty well but it's not that powerful as desktop applications. And someday I would like to see a desktop version of Gmail client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail offers all the great services and integration with hundreds of websites, basically, you can have one Gmail account for all the web out there. If you don't have a Gmail account, you must create one as soon as possible.

Gmail is a great mailing service, I use it for both my personal and my business use.

What Email solution do you use?

Gmail review by Dariana C.
Dariana C.

"This is the best email service you could ever have in your personal and professional life."

What do you like best?

I really like that Gmail is simple and easy to use. Also the interface is minimalist and you can have your mails organized in labels or categories and you almost never receive spam. I like that you can have all the google services at hand just with your email. This email platform allows you to set up differrent accounts in a single one. Finally, I like that I can have Gmail installed in my different devices and have all synchronized.

What do you dislike?

The are two things that I don't like about Gmail. The first thing is that sometimes I have to compose large mails but the message screen is to small so it's a little annoying. Secondly, I would like that the free storage space could be bigger. If you want to expand your space you can do it but you have to pay for it, that's the part I don't enjoy much. Taking into account all the pros, I don't care that much about cons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For real, Gmail is the best email platform out there because it allows you to do almost anything with your mail.

Gmail is perfect for personal and professional tasks. It serves for sending mails, saving files in the cloud, linking your personal and professional accounts and many other activities. I fully recommend you to use it in your business, you will realize that it's the best communication tool in the market.

Gmail review by Christine F.
Christine F.

"The best email service both personally and professionally. "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that having a gmail gives you access to all of Google's other awesome applications like Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar etc. Regarding email specifically, it's great that your emails are automatically divided into categories based on their content (social, promotions, updates, etc.). I also love that you can unsubscribe from an email list with Google instead of having to go to the person's/company's website. The other applications really compliment Gmail and make collaboration much more smooth. When I use my gmail to book a flight or sometimes when I order a package, the day of my flight or delivery day for my package is automatically placed on my calendar. Gmail just keeps getting smarter while other email services can barely do what they say they will.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any cons to mention about gmail. The worst thing I could say is that I have the Gmail app on my phone and sometimes my notifications for an email don't come to my phone. However, that could be an issue with my phone so, I can't put that on Gmail. I have nothing bad to say about Gmail.

It has been beneficial because it is compatible with all Windows operating systems, MAC. Since my co-workers have different types of devices, it is important that we use an email service that everyone can access.

Gmail review by Cristina R.
Cristina R.

"The best free email service"

What do you like best?

Gmail is the absolut best free email service there is.

With a gargantuan amount of space, robust security compared to other free email options and full featured integration with other apps in the Google ecosystem; Gmail allows for seamless operation and lightning fast email use.

Gmail also allows for attachments of large files, and is fully integrated into pretty much any smart phone, tablet, computer or device that allows email or internet use.

Gmail is fast to load, read, edit, send and receive.

What do you dislike?

The mobile apps could use some work, the features could be easier to modify, button & sliding actions as well.

Allowed attachment file sizes are already huge but could be bigger now that we are in the 4k era.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The absolut best, no need to consider other options, just register and start using it everywhere

Gmail allows for instant, fast and secure communication with clients, coworkers, relatives, friends and pretty much everyone online.

Gmail review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Top of the line, fully featured, fully integrated, robust, free e-mail software. Essential"

What do you like best?

Gmail is spectacular and part of my shortlist of essential pieces of software.

I've been using it since its inception in early Beta, back when it gave 1GB vs the 2mb given by Hotmail.

Gmail is superbly intuitive, easy to use, vastly available on pretty much every software platform and device and compatible with mostly every email client, secure, fast, allows for large filesizes.

Fully integrated with google's software package and devices, allowing you to instantly sync calendar appointments, calendars and the like between all of your google account.

The Spam filter works spectacularly and very rarely filters out good email, or lets spam into your inbox.

Very easy to search for e-mail, advanced and intuitive formatting options, easy to paste or attach files or fomats, nearly instant sync of sent and received e-mails.

Gmail has been a trendsetter having rivals play constant catch up when it comes to storage, speed, security, and UI. Truly essential and the best free email alternative around.

What do you dislike?

Easily the hardest "Dislike" column I've had to write; I wish both the interface, formatting and editing of contacts within Gmail were handled better and more intuitively, it's much more of a hassle to use than similar approaches like that of iCloud.

There's barely anything wrong with Gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, best free email software available.

Used it since its inception (And would be my only option if I didn't have a 1997 hotmail account which most of my contacts have had for 2 decades). Email has been the superior solution for each and every e-mail communication needed.

Gmail review by Devon T.
Devon T.

"Easy to Use and Free Email Service"

What do you like best?

Gmail has several features that I like - in addition to the fact that it is a free service with a large amount of storage space available. I like that Gmail allows you to have multiple accounts - allowing me to have a personal and a business email account - both free of charge - that are easy to switch in between. I am able to navigate between my two Gmail email addresses by clicking one button. Another thing that I like about Gmail is that the Gmail mobile application is compatible with any operating system. Since I use a Windows machine at work and an Apple mobile device, being able to use my email on both operating systems is necessary. Many email providers are only compatible with one operating system or the other so, the fact that Gmail is universal is one of my favorite features. I'm able to access my Gmail account no matter what device I am using.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has one display/set-up for emails and you aren't able to change how emails are displayed in order to customize to your liking. While Gmail does allow you to change the background images, it doesn't allow you to change how the actual messages are displayed. For someone who isn't a fan of the way it is set-up, this can be frustrating. I also dislike the amount of spam that gets bypassed and makes it to my inbox. Gmail has a specific spam folder where all spam messages should go directly - totally bypassing the inbox. However, in my experience, this only works some of the time. I find so many spam messages in my inbox - something that can be dangerous.... especially since I use Gmail for business purposes with emails that contain sensitive information. A virus from a spam email could have serious consequences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail because it really has everything that you could want or need in an email service provider. Gmail has a free version that offers a large amount of storage space. Gmail allows you to have multiple accounts so it is easy to keep business and personal emails separate. Gmail is compatible with all Google services making it easy to incorporate and go from one service to the next - all you need is one account to access all Google services. I definitely recommend Gmail for both business and personal email needs.

Gmail allows us to access our email accounts no matter where we are working - from the office to home to the train - this is because no download is necessary - you can access your Gmail as long as you have the internet. This is so important since we are constantly traveling for work. This is also something that many other email providers don't offer. Since Gmail is a free email service, it saves my company a lot of money while still providing a huge amount of storage space. Having a lot of storage space is very important for my company because we archive and keep every single email that is ever sent and received. An email service that doesn't have the space the Gmail offers would just not be an option for my company.

Gmail review by Joe B.
Joe B.

"Easy to Use, Free Email Service"

What do you like best?

I like best that Gmail conveniently works on all operating systems via its mobile application or any where that has an internet connection via the Gmail website. This is - in my opinion - the most convenient thing about Gmail since my company uses different operating systems. We have Windows at the office and Apple/MAC on our mobile devices. So, have an email service that works on both operating systems is necessary in order for us to have access to our email account when we are traveling via our mobile devices. Gmail works just as good and as fast on my iPhone as it does on my desktop computer. The mobile application is just as fast as using the Gmail website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has such a negative, unprofessional connotation associated with it by so many people. I have found that many people view Gmail as unprofessional not because it is a free service but because they believe it is not secure. This is a downfall as far as I am concerned especially since I use Gmail for business purposes and so, it is important that it be viewed as a secure service. I have found that Gmail is actually quite secure and just as professional as any other email service that I have used. The only thing that I think could make Gmail any better is for them to work on its reputation by educating people on the measures Gmail takes to keep email accounts secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for several reasons - because it is free and offers a large amount of storage space. I also recommend it because it is super fast - I receive new emails almost immediately. Gmail also has a nice mobile application that is compatible across all operating systems - making it easy to check your email no matter what type of device you are using. Gmail also does a good job of filtering SPAM emails to the designated SPAM folder so I never even have to deal with incoming SPAM messages.

Gmail is great because not only is it free but it offers a ton of storage space, something that is important for my company because we keep every single email that we both send and receive so that we are able to look back and have every conversation documented. Gmail also allows you to have emails forwarded to any other email account from any other email provider - something that many free email providers do not offer. This is important because since we have several email providers- we can set it up so that they are all forwarded to a single email account. This makes it much easier to check and keep track of incoming emails.

Gmail review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Ease of use is unparalleled"

What do you like best?

Gmail accounts are easy to set up within schools and businesses, giving you a private community to be able to communicate with easily. There are many features that google offers including the google drive which allows you to upload documents and folders and share them with individuals or groups. There is even the possibility to instal a password for people to edit or download documents. The internal address book is a very helpful feature, that way if you are trying to send something to a group of people or someone you may not know the full address of, google suggests them for you.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to upload large documents and folders and the use of a third party website for such large files is needed. Mobile use of the system is a little annoying personally on iPhones as it is a whole separate multiple apps you need to function the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many features you can use and I recommend you try to utilize all of them, it makes for a more seamless experience for staff and students. Mass e-mails, google sites, and google drive are imperative for an easy education experience.

Having the school be on the same e-mail network there are many features that become available including google sites, which allows specific links to be found for certain purposes with the search of simple given phrases. Also being able to share live documents with contacts is very helpful.

Gmail review by Stanislava P.
Stanislava P.

"Inbox for all my needs."

What do you like best?

I always used Gmail for my primary personal e-mail, now that they did a complete redesign of the whole Gmail interface I love it even more. I love the integration with google drive google keep, and google docs, I can have one account for all services. I can even label emails and that way stay organized. And I love how it filters the primary social and promotional emails.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can see as a minus is slow loading times, but it happens really rarely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is a must these days therefor I would highly recomend it to anyone.

I use Gmail as my personal email for my personal needs but I can use it for business needs as well. It helps me stay organized and never miss any important email.

Gmail review by Ava P.
Ava P.

"My Favorite Email Service"

What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Gmail but most of all I like the fact that it is compatible with so many other Google programs. At my company, we choose the product that is easy and reliable - which we have found in Gmail. It is convenient to be able to have my Google Calendar synced with my Gmail because when I receive emailed appointments, they are easily synced to my calendar without having to do all of the manual steps. This is a very large and important feature of Gmail .In addition to its compatibility, it is also free and offers a large amount of storage capacity.

What do you dislike?

A reason that me and my company alike tend to dislike about Gmail is the belief that many have that the email service is unprofessional. There is a large portion of the population that view Gmail as unprofessional and full of spam - two things that can be very negative for a business that relies on Gmail as its prime internal email service. Perhaps if this stigma disappeared, we would be able to use Gmail externally with our clients as much as we do to communicate internally, between employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail no matter what platform - Apple or Windows - you use because it has an application that is compatible with all operating systems. Even better, if you don't want to take up space on your device by downloading the Gmail application, Gmail has a website that is accessible from any device, from any location that has an internet connection. Being able to access Gmail no matter where you are or what kind of device you are using it a huge benefit of this free service. I am always recommending Gmail to my coworkers and friends.

Gmail has helped my company a lot in a number of ways but mostly because of its sync-ability with other Gmail programs - which helps us to save time and be efficient. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me, it will automatically sync with my Google Calendar and Google Maps. So, the event is saved to my calendar and when it comes time for me to navigate to the event, it is already there and accessible in my Google Maps application. This has been very helpful on many occasions.

Gmail review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"The Ultimate Email Experience"

What do you like best?

Gmail has it all. Filters, Folders, Labels, and extensions for days. You can customize your email YOUR way, and with add-ons/extensions, you can literally do almost anything with Gmail that you can imagine.

What do you dislike?

There are some gaps between Inbox and Gmail that I wish Google could close. I prefer Gmail on Desktop, however, the Inbox features such as auto-grouping are something that I miss when using Gmail. I would prefer a more cohesive desktop and mobile experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ONLY email solution that you will ever need again. I highly recommend Gmail as your go to and forever use as your email client.

I use Gmail and Gsuite Gmail (customized) with many great extensions that include email tracking, click tracking, attachment icons, inline notes, and basic CRM functionality. Using Gmail across platforms allows me to view my mail with ease and manage my inboxes without much issue.

Gmail review by Gina L.
Gina L.

"Secure and Reliable Email Service"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Gmail is how convenient it is to access my email. As long as I have the Internet, I can access my Gmail email account simply by using an Internet browser. When on my cell phone, even more conveniently, I can access my Google email account using the Gmail application with the simple click of a button - even more convenient - the Gmail application makes it so that I don't have to continuously enter my login credentials to gain access. I also really like how much storage Gmail provides. It provides more storage space than I could never come close to using. I also really like that Gmail is compatible with all of the other Google services, including Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Maps. This makes it extremely convenient to go from one Google service to the other with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found to dislike about Gmail is the fact that many people think that it is unsecure and unprofessional. This is a stigma that has been attached to Gmail for as long as I can remember. However, this is very untrue as current users of Gmail can attest. I have found it to be secure and reliable and have never experienced any of these kinds of issues. However, many people don't have a Gmail account and won't use it because of that unprofessional statement that is attached to it. I also think the Gmail sorting options could be improved. It is sometimes difficult to sort and view your emails in an organized, user-friendly manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for those who want to be able to access their email from any location as long as they have the Internet without having to download an application that takes up storage space on your device. However, for those that prefer to use an application on their device, Gmail offers easy, one click access to email on its very reliable mobile application. Gmail is user friendly with a ton of storage space and is easy to customize and organize.

Gmail has been great for my company because it is so easily integrated with other google services. For example, if I get an email in my Gmail account that has an appointment with a time, date and location, I can automatically have it sent to my Google Calendar as an appointment as well just to my Google Maps as a location. This means that the appointment that came in an email to my Gmail account is saved to my Google calendar and sent to my Google Maps so I can conveniently find the location of the meeting and get directions.

Gmail review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"It works but there are slight problems"

What do you like best?

1) You can attach multiple email accounts and theoretically switch in between them easily.

2) It's connected to Google Drive so I can find things easily.

3) Lots of storage space.

4) Threads so I can keep track of past convos

5) I am able to connect a non-gmail account work email to my gmail.

What do you dislike?

1) I attached a non-gmail email a while ago. I have un-attached it, but am still receiving emails addressed to my work account. I have asked Customer Support for help at least a month ago and no one has gotten back to me.

2) When I switch in between accounts, it forces me to sign out first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the interface and low learning curve.

I have connected my non-gmail account for work to a gmail account to connect with my clients. I love that everything is in one place and I have easy access to Google Drive too!

Gmail review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"Secure Email Service with Good Storage"

What do you like best?

I like that Gmail helps me in being organized with my email. I receive so many emails each day for work to my Gmail account that without the features that Gmail offers, my inbox would get out of hand quickly. Gmail allows me to sort my email by color and folder. This really helps my email organization. I also like how quick and responsive Gmail is especially compared to other free email services. The speed is fast and I never waste time waiting for it to load. I also like Gmail's searching capability - I'm able to do a general search and Gmail is quick to retrieve my results. This is one of my most frequented features in Gmail and it works great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail doesn't have an option to have a standard email template. Since I send out similarly worded emails to different clients quite often, it would be nice to have a standardized template so that I don't spend time rewriting the same email over and over again. This would save me a lot of time. I also dislike that some of my important emails often get put in my spam folder. This is a pretty large issue especially because when email is put in your spam folder, you aren't even notified that it was received. This has made me miss several important emails that were sitting in my junk the entire time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for any one who is looking for an easy to navigate, clean and free email account that offers a good amount of storage space in the free version. It is also good for those people who want or need multiple email accounts. I have found that it offers pretty good spam detection and removal to your junk email folder All in all it is a good and secure email service provider and I recommend.

Since Gmail is easy to use and navigate, it has been easy to push through to our employees with little training required. Gmail has also been a benefit because it easily allows us to create a signature that includes our logo and colors. This is an important feature so that we are pushing our logo out there with each email message that we send. My company also appreciates Gmail because of its application that can be used on all devices. The Gmail application makes it so that your email is always running in the background and you can receive real time email notifications.

Gmail review by Luke A.
Luke A.

"Easy to Access, Simple Email Provider"

What do you like best?

Gmail has several features that I like enough that I use it as my primary email provider for both my professional and personal lives. The feature that I like the most about Gmail is that it allows you to have more than one free email address. Since I use this for both work and home life, being able to have multiple email accounts is necessary for me. I also like that Gmail has an easy to use application that works with all operating systems. This enables me to have the Gmail application always running on my phone so that I'm receiving email notifications as emails are received. The fact that I can also access Gmail via the internet, without having to download the application is good for me because I use several devices, not all of which am I able to download applications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail has a negative connotation to it. Many people seem to view Gmail as unprofessional and unsecure - two things that I have not experienced in my years of using Gmail. However, because it does have a negative connotation to many people, I have found that people can sometimes hesitate to open emails that come from Gmail accounts out of fear that it is a virus. This can be harming, especially when you are like me and use Gmail as a professional email provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely say that I recommend Gmail. It is a good tool for anyone who wants a free, basic email account that has a decent application and web interface in which to access your emails. Gmail also makes it easy to switch from one account to the next - making it good for those people who find themselves needing more than one email address. I have not found to receive any more spam in my Gmail than I have experienced in the past with other email providers. Any spam that I do receive is directly and automatically placed in my Junk folder so that I never have to deal with it.

Gmail is good because it allows us to have a free email account with a large amount of storage space. I have been using my Gmail email address for almost three years and I have yet to meet the storage limit that Gmail sets for its free account. This is important to me as most of my emails must be saved and filed in order for later access. Gmail has also proven to be beneficial because of its compatibility with other Google services. Since - as long as you are signed in on all Google applications using the same Google account - the information is universal. This is a convenient feature that has proven to save a lot of time in a variety of different kinds of situations.

Gmail review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Can't Say Enough Great Things About Gmail"

What do you like best?

There are so many features that I like about Gmail. It is my choice for both professional and personal email. I like best that Gmail is compatible with any computer, device or cell phone that I happen to be using at any given time. In today's day and age, we are always traveling and using a number of different devices. I have an Android, Apple, MAC and Windows device that I use interchangeably throughout my day. Many other email services aren't compatible across the board like Gmail. With Gmail, I can download the application to any device I am using - whether it is Apple or Android. If I am on a computer or device that I don't want to download the Gmail application on, I can easily visit the Gmail website to quickly check my email. Being able to have access like this is a must have for me, especially with what I do as a profession. Also, since I use it for both personal and professional, being able to have multiple email accounts - free of charge - has been absolutely of the upmost conveniencey and importance to me. Before Gmail, it was a process to track both my personal and professional email accounts. I would have to log in and out and go back and forth with security checks and still it was difficult to keep tabs on both emails. Gmail has made this process much simpler and I'm able to keep tabs on all of my email accounts in a much more timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I have used Gmail for years and even racking my brain, I'm unable to think of something that I have found to dislike about it. If I had to think of something, I would say that I wish Gmail had more enhanced features. While is has everything that I need, the features it offers tend to be very basic. I have noticed that other email programs offering features like being able to "snooze emails" and things like that. It would also be nice if you could personalize the look of the Gmail platform more. Really, there is only one option as far as look and feel of the service. It would be nice to be able to customize the layout and style to one that more fits my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Gmail to anyone who is looking for a professional and easy to use email service. It is great not only because it is free but because it offers a ton of storage space - something that is important for those professional accounts when so many things can't be deleted. I also recommend Gmail because it is easy to access from any device that has the internet. It has every feature I have needed. Highly recommend.

Gmail has allowed us to access our business email from anywhere that we are working. It is also great because it allows us to have more than one email address and quickly switch between them. This is important for what I do as I have different email addresses for the different program areas that I work. Being able to have multiple email accounts and switch back and forth is a feature that I wouldn't be able to do without. Gmail has also been great because of its compatibility with other Google applications. When we are working with a file in Google Drive or creating a document in Google Docs, we are able to easily go from one application to the other and make sure that the files are accessible in them all. I also appreciate that Gmail works automatically with Google Maps. This allows any location that is emailed to me to automatically be sent to my Google Maps account so when it comes time for me to navigate to a location, it is automatically stored in my Google Maps - no more having to type in an address when in a rush.

Gmail review by Kenny U.
Kenny U.

"Good, Compatible Email Service"

What do you like best?

There are several things that I like about Gmail. My favorite thing is the amount of storage space that is available from a free email provider. Gmail offers more storage space than some of the paid email providers that I have used in the past. This is important to me as I do a lot of business and have a ton of emails coming in and going out through my Gmail account - emails that need to be saved and can't be deleted. For me, having a lot of storage space is essential and it is the number one reason why I use Gmail as my mail email service.

What do you dislike?

As someone who uses Gmail both professionally and personally, I dislike the stigma that many people attach to it that it is not secure. I have found that Gmail is very secure and offers enhanced security features. For example, if I forget my password and put the wrong password in too many times or login from a different location that I usually access my account from, the Gmail team freezes my email account until I can confirm that it is really me trying to access my account. The fact that so many people thing Gmail is not secure is damaging because many people overlook and disregard emails that come from Gmail accounts or view them as unprofessional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail to anyone looking for a free email service that is definitely secure and offers a huge amount of storage space. I also recommend it because it is accessible from any device that has the internet. Gmail also has a really great application that can be downloaded on both Andriod and IOS devices. I have only had great experiences when using the Gmail application. The application also makes it easy to check my Gmail account since it is always running in the background and I don't have to keep logging in to access my emails.

Gmail has allowed myself and my coworkers to have a free email service with a ton of storage. It has also allowed us to have more than one email account and switch between the accounts with the click of a button. This is important as most of us have both personal and a professional Gmail accounts. Gmail has also been beneficial because it is compatible with all operating systems (Windows, MAC). Since my coworkers all have different types of devices, it is important that we use an email service that is accessible from them all.

Gmail review by Jordan D.
Jordan D.

"The best email service out there"

What do you like best?

The search function is impeccable. I'm recovering emails from years ago in a breeze. I also love the keyboard shortcuts, and Google labs feature. Oh, and canned responses are not easy to find but have been SUPER helpful to me in my workflow. Google's suite of products truly never fails to impress, and Google is the leader in this category.

What do you dislike?

I wish that folder management was more front and center. There's really not much else, as Google is one of the most trusted and highly used email services of all time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use from: and to: commands in search. It helps a TON!

Intraoffice communication, chat features, and general organization. It's very helpful to be able to have everyone in the organization on a single communication platform, and Google has really perfected this. I honestly love Gmail, and I am always impressed by its reliability.

Gmail review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.

"The most functional ugly client"

What do you like best?

1) Two-factor authorization

2) Plenty of space for letters

3) Full of additional services from Google

4) SPAM filter

5) Delivery of letters is stable

6) There is a mobile client

What do you dislike?

The interface leaves much to be desired.

Too many "bloat"

There is no normal suppor

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quite good postal service, well protected and all that, everything is clear and understandable with all the controls. The design of the application is not bad. However, already a little tired, the development team apparently is not going to update it. Everything works quickly and efficiently, there is nothing more to add. I advise everyone to get mail in google.

In this mail client, non-gmail email addresses are attached. Thus, you can take advantage of all (and of course disadvantages) gmail and do not start mail in this domain.

Also this is the ability to use Google groups (yes, they are still alive) in the usual application, because the interface of Google groups is even worse.

Gmail review by Jill E.
Jill E.

"Great and Free Email Service!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Gmail just has to be its storage capability! It has a huge amount of storage space - even more storage space than some of the paid email accounts can offer! This is very important when it comes to what I do for work. There are so many instances when there are large files that I have to work on from at home - files that are literally too large to send using Outlook. For times like these, Gmail has proven to be a life saver for me - allowing me to email those large files to myself so that I'm able to access them from home or any remote location. Another feature that has proven to be one of my favorite about Gmail is the fact that it is able to be accessed from anywhere that has an internet connection - with no download required! I used to have to save a file to disk or a USB drive in order to get files from work to work on at home or at a remote location. I just love that with Gmail, I no longer have to go through the hassle of saving files to a CD that doesn't always work or isn't always compatible or large enough to fit some larger files, I can simply use Gmail to email myself those files in order to easily access them from anywhere. I also love that Gmail is compatible with all of the other Google applications including Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Maps and Google Calendar. This makes it so easy to transfer and save files from my email to my Google Docs; save events and dates that are emailed to me to my Google Calender; and even save locations that I receive via email to my Google Maps account - all within one easy to use platform, Gmail!

What do you dislike?

I have only found a few downfalls to Gmail. One of these is that so many people seem to view Gmail as unprofessional and not secure - something that has proven to be false as I have found it has proven to be a secure and reliable service. While Gmail is something my organization uses internally on a frequent basis, it is not something that we often use with those external vendors, mainly because of the negative misconception that many have of Gmail being unprofessional. The other downfall I have found with Gmail is the huge amount of spam email and advertisements that my Gmail account is bombarded with on a daily basis. While Gmail succeeds in automatically moving several spam emails right to the spam folder, several spam emails do get through to my inbox which can be annoying and time consuming to have to sort through. I have found ways to manually create rules that help to divert more spam to my spam folder, it is still something that I feel could be improved to make Gmail an even better service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for those looking for a free email account that has a large amount of storage space and is very user friendly. I also recommend Gmail if you use other Google applications, since they are all compatible with Gmail. If you would find it useful to be able to create multiple email addresses and be able to switch between those email accounts with the simple click of a button - Gmail is definitely for you.

Gmail allows my coworkers and I to access our internal emails from any location that we are traveling without having to sign on and go through all of the security functions and logins that are required in order to gain access our Outlook email - the other email provider my organization uses for many of our external clients. Gmail allows us to deliver emails of any size and it delivers those emails immediately to other Gmail accounts. As long as we have an internet connection, we have access to our Gmail accounts. Gmail has also provided a huge benefit because allows for more than one email account. I am able to have Gmail accounts with custom email addresses that I can use depending on the project that I'm working on - I'm able to pick any email address that I want - this kind of customization helps my gmails stand out. If I'm working on a parks project - I can send and receive emails using my special "parks" Gmail address - if I am working on a special training project, I use my custom "training" Gmail address. This also helps make my email addresses easy for people to remember - something that has proven highly beneficial.

Gmail review by Audrius P.
Audrius P.

"Best email platform with loads of extras for free"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, has unlimited space, sends e-mals up to 25mb. You can create Your own categories, folders, sub-folders. There is even a tool that helps you integrate third party emails into gmail.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes gets me confused in which particular box did the email arrive to. Is IT primary/social/ or Promotions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very practical (since You can use it with android devices and it integrates very easily)

Has loads of functions, easy to understand (yep, it`s Google)

Has a browser Chrome, where you just add your gmail account and You have all set with You passwords and, logins and etc for easy and safe use.

Most of my accounts on line are on gmail. Most of the sites do have a tool that lets you easily connect with the gmail account.

Gmail review by Olivia T.
Olivia T.

"Everything an email service should be!"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features is being able to have multiple accounts logged in at once. This makes everything run so smooth. I feel like my email is well protected. I really enjoy how gmail breaks emails up into 3 groups; Primary, Social, and Promotions, it keeps everything de-cluttered and makes it much easier to see the important emails without having to sift through a lot of random emails. I really love the promotion emails that I get from google as well, They have been a big contribution to my business. Everything on gmail is well organized and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Really the only negative side to Gmail is that it doesn't seem very professional for a business to have a Gmail. Private emails just look more secure to a customer. Honestly other than that gmail is perfect in every way and I will continue to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend gmail to everyone whether you want it for personal or business, it is a great service to use.

Having a free well known email service makes day to day task easier for my company. I use my Gmail to send out news letters and sale announcements. Most of my customers also use Gmail so I know they feel safe and secure when receiving my emails. I may switch to another platform in the future, but gmail was a great stepping stone for my business.

Gmail review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Gmail - Getting Old and Outdated"

What do you like best?

I have used Google and its services now, mainly Gmail for almost 13 years now, Gmail has been a true and tried email client, however, with todays changes, I noticed, its gotten behind the times! There is so much potential that Gmail can offer, however, the "addons' and extentions that can be installed, are bait and switch apps, that tend to look free but ask for monthly fees.

What do you dislike?

Gmail's interface is noticeably slow. I would like to see more options for customizing your view, including the ability to change Gmail into a multi-email client, so I can check all my emails from ISP to Work, in one area, and of course, ability for it to handle smart choices like setting up appointments in other apps etc....take the abilities of just smartphones and intertwine it into Gmail!

None really, I don't use Gmail for business because of its poor and complicated integration.

Gmail review by Erik J.
Erik J.

"Most Space but is it safe?"

What do you like best?

Google offers you more. Drive Email Calendar and a google office tools. There are addons like boomerang that will get you even more out of gmail. This seems to offer you the most space as well.

What do you dislike?

I do not totally trust google. I think they would be pretty willing to give up your information if asked. Being a large target for hackers is worrysome, but they seem to handle that pretty well and no word leaked that has happened yet, although it is only a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best of mail but be careful with what you put on there.

email calendar and drive storage. The email has plugins that will improve gmail even more. Gmail is very stable and can be accessed from many platforms.

Gmail review by Shannon M.
Shannon M.
View Original

"Email server - very popular "

What do you like best?

I love that Gmail is in a suite so you can use Google Drive, calendar, and photos all in the same account. I use this as my work email. It was easy to set up and link with my phone. I love the quick reply options that are suggested when you open an email.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the folder options. I might be not using them in their full capacity but I am always annoyed trying to use Gmail from the web. I have my account linked to Apple Mail with my other email accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is a very common email server. It has the most flexibility outside of just using it for email. It can link to your phone very easily!

My Gmail is linked to my phone so I never miss an important email from a client. It is very easy to set up, unlike some other servers. I can easily set an out of office message as well.

Gmail review by Eliane D.
Eliane D.

"simply the best. "

What do you like best?

I love that it has so many features and it works really well on different platform. I don't like that it groups email together that sometimes don't need to be together. It makes it hard to find an email in particular.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that each time that I checked my email on a different device, it sends me emails like someones is trying to hack my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend gmail for all the features available.

We use GMAIL in a way to communicate better in our business. It helped us stay on top of our work and keep a trace of everything we do.

Gmail review by Andrea H.
Andrea H.

"GMail"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to use GMail to my preferences. It is easy to adapt the appearance and add folders to manage your emails better. This has truly been a trial and error use with this program. I also like the automatic save of emails and the security it provides via internet.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to navigate streams of emails. I often send out a mass email and receive responses here and there from people. When responses come in like that, I can easily miss one hidden in the pile of emails as they sort of "stack" on one another. This makes navigating through emails difficult and I often find myself double checking those emails that have frequent replies. It is also difficult to create a group of contacts, let alone 1 contact. I don't feel that this email program is user friendly when it comes to functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to explore the product itself as it is not very user friendly, especially upon first use. It takes a great deal of practice and research to make it work for you and your requirements.

With this, the problems of communication can be solved, if you notice items that may seem to get lost in the shuffle as emails reply back to you.

Gmail review by User

"Excellent free form of email."

What do you like best?

I like the new format and look of Gmail. I think it is more aesthetically pleasing to the masses, and has maintained its user-friendly ways. I also think that by having a gmail account, there are many other tools at your disposal. I use many of them, and I have also been able to teach some of my colleagues how to navigate gmail.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is how the email chains kind of get bunched up, and are sometimes hard to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free, easy to use, and has a plethora of options. It is not just an email tool!

I have found that by having Gmail I can use many other tools offered by google. I think that the tools, like the survey creator, are great resources that are free and simple to use.

Gmail review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Best email option out there"

What do you like best?

I love Gmail!! I honestly didn't want to switch from a Yahoo account to Gmail but was forced to for a company email. I fell in love. Searching for emails is easy, email threads bundled together clear up my inbox, and the tabs and promotions options help sort out the spam you receive on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I would love the ability to pull out specific emails from a conversation thread so that replies to individuals in group threads could become their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider Gmail for hosting your email (you can even use your own @name.com and have it live under Gmail.

The free features are fabulous and with a few add-ons (I use Boomerang for sending mail later, for example), Gmail does basically everything I could want it to do.

If you send a lot of images, consider upgrading the storage, but that is always something you can do at a later time after you realize you need more space.

I use Gmail daily for communication with my team, for group emails, and for forwarding mail from other accounts. Gmail has made it easy to track and keep email, especially with the 15GB free plan.

Gmail review by Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.

"Mail of the Future"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of gmail is the built in Google Hangouts plug in that allows for instant messaging between gmail users. While email can be very formal and kept professional, this chat features offers the chance to speak with coworkers informally, without needing to leave the desk.

What do you dislike?

The feature I dislike most about Gmail is the (lack of) ease of connectivity. While gmail is easily usable through the Gmail app or chrome browser, it seems more difficult and extra glitchy when accessed through platforms outside of Google's products. For example, gmail doesn't offer any features when used through Apple's built in mail app.

Employees used to waste a large amount of time running back and forth in the office, going between floors in the office to communicate with other employees. Many felt that writing emails way too formal and it gave them pressure, but gchat allows them to speak with others in the office without needing to leave the desk.

Gmail review by Autumn M.
Autumn M.

"SO EASY and fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Seriously one of the best programs ever! So easy to keep templates and drafts, easy to find email chains. Absolutely fantastic. It's intuitive and easy for people to use. I LOVE the canned responses function. Really keeps communication streamlined.

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything I dislike. It seriously is a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the canned responses feature! It is seriously amazing!!!

The Canned Responses function is amazing. It really helps to keep responses to customers streamlined between employees. It also is super easy to keep things in writing. When dealing with sales, it can be easy to search and find things within gmail.

Gmail review by Taylor W.
Taylor W.

"Gmail is my "go-to" email server"

What do you like best?

Gmail offers a wide range of options for creating, sending, receiving, and sharing emails within its platform. Gmail has this special "unsubscribe" feature that allows you to unsubscribe from a particular email subscription without having to go into the settings and personally remove your email from their subscription list. This really helps out when you have many emails to go through but don't have the time.

What do you dislike?

Gmail doesn't have a video feature. I wish Gmail had a way of communicating with your addresses via a face to face format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations for Gmail is to 1) allow the user or any new user an introductory video or presentation on how Gmail works and some helpful way that Gmail can be used to organize emails and tabulate certain folders for future use. 2) Create a web bases "face-to-face" system that allows the user to interact with another user via a webcam. 3) Make it possible for the user to record a video message and is able to send that message as an email.

I can send clients, family, and friends email with the click of a button. I can guarantee that my email gets sent to the correct person and without any viruses as Gmail has all of these protective features built into their server. The benefits that I get from using Gmail, is that my account links up with my Google+ and offers circles and other "social media" benefits.

"Best Email Service"

What do you like best?

Gmail is the best email service. I love that it works great on your laptop, phone, tablet, anywhere. It connects to your Google Suite, automatically organizes email, has a clean and simple UI.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time finding things I dislike about Gmail... There is a bug currently, or a design flaw, where if I start typing a message, stop, and go back to it after a while, it'll save it as a draft. I sometimes end up with 20 drafts for one email. But these are easy to delete, so not a huge deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, don't hesitate to use

I use gmail for my personal and business use. I find I am alot more organized with it over using outlook, apple inbox or other services of it's kind.

Gmail review by Alana G.
Alana G.

"love gmail everything you need simplified!"

What do you like best?

I love that i can use gmail in the outlook application for work. As well as have google gmail available on the tablet both communicating with each other and updating. We switched to gmail from a website email hosted on the same and this has just made everything easier to use. Whether it's sending out contracts, or communicating with vendors.

Its just super easy for anyone to use, even the "not tech savvy".

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The occasional archive that goes automatic on the tablet. Hard to find but figured it out with some support.

Gmail is making it easy to communicate with clients on a higher level. Some people do not have time for phone calls. This simplifies it to make it much easier to communicate.

Gmail review by sara m.
sara m.

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

Gmail is such an easy email provider to use. You can also link more than one Gmail account to each other. I know I have mine connected to my phone and have 3 accounts that flow into one folder. For somebody that might be illiterate with computers Gmail is so simple even they should be able to use it. Overall Gmail is a great provider and simple to use. Gmail also allows you to log in straight from your Google Chrome browser. And if you keep it logged in then you just click Gmail and it opens. For me it has four areas my emails go into. They get sorted into primary, social, promotions and spam/junk. Basically this makes it simple to see the emails that are most important.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not have any complaints about Gmail. It is easy to use and easy to navigate around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make the switch and see the difference. It is a simple to use email and it makes life easy.

I am solving communication issues. This email provider does not delay emails quite as much as other providers. It also helps keeping things on one central site.

Gmail review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Best Email Server"

What do you like best?

Gmail is easy to use and I can easily navigate between all Google programs from my email. I can move from Drive to Gchat to my calendar seamlessly. I use it at home, in school, and at work. All of my emails from my different associations have switched from other email servers to Gmail due to easy use and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Like all Google programs, it appears to know too much about me through reading my emails. I know that it is a computer system robot and that what it learns about me helps me by using my emails to let me know things about my calendar and schedule, but it is a bit unnerving how much it learns about me as a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best email server out there right now. It is free to use and very easy to transition to. The help center explains everything one needs to know and it simple to use in all aspects of life. It is also easy to transition from one account to another.

We are able to use everything through Google Drive and the Google Calendar all through Gmail. It is seamless to move from one to the next and it is great to have it all through one program.

Gmail review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"The Ideal Email Client"

What do you like best?

Gmail is so easy to use! It makes checking email from a desktop or mobile device easy, allows for hundreds of customizations or add-ons. It is free to make a personal account and so easy to make your inbox exactly how you'd like it to look and behave. I appreciate that my two work emails and two personal emails are relatively easy to access or toggle between and also allow me to swap between any other Google app. Online support and troubleshooting forums can help you solve Gmail problems quickly and with little hassle.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's frustrating to toggle between different Gmail accounts, but that's about it. The interface isn't very updated in the "traditional" Gmail view (not Inbox), though I appreciate that it's extremely functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is so easy to use! I know that businesses can use default email clients like Round Cube or Squirrel Mail when setting up a website, but it's ideal to transfer the service over to Gmail. The ease of use, list of features, and simplicity of it is ideal for businesses.

Gmail is ideal for personal use because of it being free, secure, and integrated with all other Google apps.

I use two different business-branded Gmail accounts and two personal business accounts and all are really easy to navigate. The Gmail integrations make branding emails for business so easy and quite professional. The support for Gmail has ensured I've never encountered a problem I couldn't quickly solve, meaning it's an incredibly reliable email client.

Gmail review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"The best email address"

What do you like best?

Gmail is undoubtedly the best free email address service. The spam filter is pretty accurate, messages rarely get lost, and adding signatures/custom formats is an absolute breeze. It really full-fills everything you need in an email address.

Along with email services, having a gmail account also allows you to use their suite of FREE online softwares similar to Microsoft's Office- you can share word documents, presentations, and even spreadsheets with other colleagues with real-time updates and transparency.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could upload larger attachments, but I can't really be upset due to it being free! I do wish you could still hook gmail up with a custom domain for free though.

Sharing information is one of my biggest uses of gmail, be it by actual emailing, mapping out ideas in the document software, or even calendar syncing.

Gmail review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"LOVE Gmail for our non-profit"

What do you like best?

I love how much space I can have on my gmail account. I also love how easy it is to set up and use for our company for all of our employees.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I can think of. I guess if I'm picky it's how easy it is to set up so many different gmail accounts so when I sign on to one I'm not always sure which one I should be using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best e-mail service that I know of for any business. Love it. It's great how we can integrate the ease of gmail with our own business website.

The cost is great for a non-profit. It allows us to use the funds to help others because it's so inexpensive.

Gmail review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Gmail Makes Business Easy"

What do you like best?

Gmail is so easy to use and accessible by a computer, phone, or tablet. I love that it has themes to create a more aesthetically pleasing environment. I also love how it seamlessly works with other Google programs.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty simple. However, there are other apps that can be added to Gmail making it more individualized. I do wish Google was the creator of these add-ons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is free and you can't beat that. However, it's also super simple to use and nice to look at.

I love being able to access my email from anywhere. I also love how customizable it is and the ease of changing out my signature as needed. Gmail also helps me organize my business and allows me to keep tabs on important messages.

Gmail review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Gmail wins the email game"

What do you like best?

Overall, Gmail is the best mail solution I've used. It doesn't have the functionality of Outlook, but it doesn't need to. It's simple, easy to use, reliable, and it's backed by Google, which is never a bad thing.

On top of this, it's got a great mobile app, and allows us to integrate the full suite of google products (docs, sheets, etc...). Because many of our employees have flexible work schedules, this means we aren't tied to our desks or dependent on being in a set location, which is key for our younger workforce.

Finally, it just works. Because it's hosted on the cloud and not local servers, we don't have to worry about reliability and scaling problems.

What do you dislike?

More advanced features like the options in the "inbox" beta version would be nice. Snoozing emails, etc... would add another level of service that I know I would use.

Within the google inbox itself, it would also be nice to have more advanced personalization features. Current options allow for a flexible experience, but it's more of a "one-size-fits-all" approach than a truly personalized experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's cheaper than others, more reliable than anything else, and you won't look back.

It scales across our entire company, and the mobile app is also robust and perfect for what we do.

It's the main driver of how we do business - without a robust email system we couldn't function.

Gmail review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"The Landmark Email App"

What do you like best?

I love how easy everything is to navigate. All of my emails are neatly organized into different sections of my choosing. It is such an easy app to learn how to use. It is all in the same format as a normal text conversation so everything is very easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

This app does allow spam to sneak into your inbox from time to time. It also has sent some important emails into my spam folder so I have lost them from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best email app out there. One can also sign into multiple accounts so one can have a business email and a personal email all in one app.

We are solving the problem of lack of communication. With this app it is so easy to get in contact with anyone from anywhere at any time. Everything communication tool I could ever need is at the tip of my finger tips.

Gmail review by Myron Glenn F.
Myron Glenn F.

"Gmail is the best"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Gmail is the 3 mail categories, Primary, Social and Promotions. Gmail automatically assigns the email according to its type, making the whole dashboard interface clean and organized.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much I dislike about Gmail. But if there is one, that would be the fact that sometimes Gmail tags an email as spam even though it isn't. I have to constantly check my spam folder just to make sure I dont miss out on an important email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up a Google account includes Gmail, that means Gmail has exclusive features in relation with Google docs, sheets, etc., If optimal use if what you want then start using Gmail.

Everyday I receive a lot of emails, being able to categorize them and assign them to customized folders makes everything easy to manage. No email left un-read.

Gmail review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Reliable Email with a Variety of Features"

What do you like best?

Gmail is a good email service that is good because not only is it free but it allows you to have multiple email addresses and have them connected, making it easy to switch from one account to another - something that has proven to be convenient for work where I am required to have multiple email accounts. Gmail is also good because of its large storage capacity and compatibility with other Google services and applications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of spam and advertisements that I receive to my Gmail account. While Gmail has a spam folder that automatically moves spam from the inbox, a good amount of spam email still gets through, at times taking over my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google if you are looking for a free email service that allows for multiple accounts with a very large storage capacity. It is also good because it is compatible with all Google services, making it easy and convenient to transfer email attachments to Google Docs, saving emailed photos (and files) to Google Drive as well as ensuring emailed events are transferred to your Google Calendar.

Gmail is proven to me a good service for work since it allows for multiple, custom email addresses. It also syncs with Google Calendar, making it easy to save important dates and meetings to my calendar. The large storage capacity of Gmail is also important for work because when we are unable to send large files through the work email system, Gmail is always there as a way to make sure those large file emails get to the end user.

Gmail review by User

"Virtually Unlimited Email Storage? Yes, Please."

What do you like best?

One of my biggest problems with email is the sheer volume that I deal with on a monthly basis. Fortunately, with Gmail's 15GB of free storage, deleting emails is a thing of the past. You can organize your emails into tabs (auto-sorted, to boot) - Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums. You can further organize your email with labels and filters. Other features are convenient as well, like two-factor authentication, a record of last account activity, and integration with other Google services. Your emails can also contain information for events (date, time) that can automatically be imported to your calendar. Another excellent feature is how Gmail will stack related conversations (same subject) into email threads. The main benefits to Gmail mostly relate to its ability to organize and sort emails in customizable ways to suit your needs.

What do you dislike?

Gmail has labels instead of folders, which is not always convenient. I also wish that the tabs (Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums) could be customized. Some features from Google Inbox would be useful as part of the Gmail interface, like the ability to have reminders attached to specific emails. I also haven't figured out a convenient way to forward a single email from an email stack without first reverting the entire Gmail format to non-conversation view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for 15GB email storage capacity with options to expand, great business or organization-level management solutions, and excellent for integrating with other Google products.

I use Gmail to communicate with customers and issue reminders, invoices, and form emails. Using add-ons like Banana Tag, I can track email opens and link clicks, which makes Gmail the perfect solution for a small-scale service.

Gmail review by User in Computer Software

"Favorite Choice for Free Email Accounts"

What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Gmail. The feature that I like best is that you can be logged in to multiple email accounts at the same time and switch from one Gmail account to another with the simple click of a button. I also like that Gmail is compatible with all other Google applications - from Google Maps to Google Calender - I can easily get information from Gmail to another Google application when necessary.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I have found to dislike about Gmail is that to many people, having a Gmail email address is unprofessional. While it is probable just because of personal options of people and not based on any fact or feature, it seems quite often that Gmail just has an unprofessional stigma attached to it. I still continue to use it for both personal and professional life and find it hard to find any other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail to those people who are seeking a free, reliable email service. The storage is wonderful. I have thousands of emails in my Gmail inbox and it still performs fast and is reliable. Gmail is also nice because it allows you to bring an existing email account - even if it is not a Gmail email account - to Gmail - allowing you to keep your current emails while still having access to all the convenient, free features of Gmail.

A benefit of Gmail is that almost everyone has a Gmail account and that it is compatible with all other Google applications. If someone sends me a location, I can easily transfer that location from Gmail right to Google Maps. Also, if someone sends me an date or event, I can send it right from Gmail to Google Calendar. Being compatible with other Google applications is a huge time saving feature.

Gmail review by User in Financial Services

"Preferred Email "

What do you like best?

I like that Gmail is so accessible - I am able to access my Gmail from anywhere via the internet and the mobile application. I also like the storage that Gmail offers - I have had a Gmail account for years and have thousands of emails that take up a ton of storage space and it still runs fast and has plenty of space available - something that many free email programs can't offer. I also like that Gmail allows me to have and be signed in to multiple accounts at one time - making it easy to switch between both my work and personal Gmail accounts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Gmail because - as with any email account - spam comes frequently. I also don't like how Gmail couples email threads. If you have multiple emails (responses with same subject), Gmail threads them together. This can make it difficult to follow when new emails in a conversation come in and makes it difficult when you want to go back and read previous emails in a conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for those people looking for a free email account that has a ton of options such as a lot of storage space and is easily accessible. I also recommend it because it is compatible with all of the Google programs - such as Google Calendar, Google Docs, etc. It is very convenient.

With previous employers, I have had to use another email program(s) but when I started here and began to use Gmail, I quickly realized that it is much easier and far more efficient than the other email system(s) I have had used previously. This is because Gmail is far easier to access than other email programs that require you to download software in order to use. Gmail allows me to access my email from anywhere I am, as long as I have the internet - saving time, money and space on my computer(s) and tablet.

Gmail review by Veronica G.
Veronica G.

"My Gmail Review"

What do you like best?

I love everything about this software, it makes it easier to send/receive email.I can easily sync more than one gmail account to my desktop, laptop, phone, or tablet.

What do you dislike?

That you can't look up your contacts in another tab at the same time as you can view your email. There are some times when the syncing is slow but it's not that big of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it to my co-workers and students of our university.

Email, calendars, instant messaging. I have realized that it can benefit everyone in my department so I encourage all faculty/staff to use it. It's vastly superior to other email software I have tried over the years.

Gmail review by Candice M.
Candice M.

"Gmail - Best Email Period."

What do you like best?

Gmail has been my go to email provider since Google launched it. It has fantastic integration with all of Google's services and a lot of power. Being able to link multiple Gmail accounts to an android device is great too, because I can use my work and personal emails on the same device and access both sides of each Google App.

What do you dislike?

The worst thing about having multiple accounts is that whenever you write an email it defaults to your main account, so make sure you're sending from the proper email before you send. I get a lot of spam all the time, but that's not really a Gmail problem. They at least filter it really well and I've only ever once had a non spam email marked as such

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can set forwarding and out of office emails using gmail. If you're unsure of the settings just Google it!

Communication is great with Gmail. If you can't find the time to walk down the hall and talk to someone, or if you have non-urgent communication, just shoot them an email. It's painless and wonderful.

Gmail review by User in Higher Education

"Gmail User"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, compatible with other features, including Youtube, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Photos. You can share and do real-time simultaneous document editing with other Gmail users through Docs. Email attachments larger than 25MB will be automatically uploaded to Google Drive and a download link will be included in your emails. Almost everyone I know uses Gmail, so it makes your life easier when you tell someone your email is abc@gmail.com. You don't have to spell it out like other emails with company or school names, etc. There's also a Google Talk function for chatting with other users

What do you dislike?

I"m not sure. I just feel like this platform is not as safe as a company or education email, since so many people use it and anyone can sign up for it. I am also constantly aware that Google has the right to any contents and documents you send through Gmail. Definitely not the best option to talk to your doctor or provide confidential information, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for personal use. Not recommended for business use with confidential information.

File sharing. Easy sharing. Easy to communicate email address.

Gmail review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"The best free email service"

What do you like best?

Gmail is extremely easy to use and very reliable. It has become the de facto email server of choice for both individuals and businesses, and many colleges are migrating their emails from Microsoft and other services to Gmail. You also get all of the benefits of other Google products, like Drive and Google Play. It's much easier to batch delete, create and use folders, and isolate spam and junk mail than it is in other programs like Microsoft. It's also customizable so you can change the colors, backgrounds, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are some folders and tags that appear to come standard and that you can't delete, so they just linger on your side bar, taking up space and confusing me since they're right next to the folders that I've created and actually use. It's also really easy to accidentally have the program save your username or password, meaning that if you fail to notice this when using a public computer, it would be fairly easy for someone to get in to your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, easy to set up and easy to use, so don't hesitate to get an email address through Gmail

Gmail is now considered acceptable for a business email, and you can even have multiple accounts; I personally have a personal account, and one through my job, and Gmail makes it easy to switch between the two. It also allows me to easily organize my emails (both sent and received) and the ease of use means I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use the program.

Gmail review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Great Email Hosting"

What do you like best?

I love being able to categorize my emails by color and having an organized inbox. I use Gmail for my business emails and love the quickness, layout, and user-friendliness of Gmail.

What do you dislike?

I often send similarly worded emails to clients. I wish Gmail had a way to save canned responses without using an extension from a third party.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is great for personal and business email. I've never had an issue sending or receiving email.

Every email I receive comes through Gmail either directly or via my web form. I really, really love being able to label different inquiries with different colors. It helps keep my business emails organized.

Gmail review by Marsha B.
Marsha B.

"Gmail provides the flexibility and productivity options every business can benefit from"

What do you like best?

Not only can you create labels to move different emails to for future review per category or project but you can also search by keyword for results in a flash. Gmail makes everything super fast and easy to find with their different labels, tags and search options. Gmail can also be accessed from any computer and any smart device with the same high level of productivity and efficiency as your desktop access. Gmail's filters separate promotions, updates and social network emails from your inbox making it much less overwhelming to check your mail and immediately get to the important emails.

What do you dislike?

The drop-down list for the label folders usually minimizes automatically. I would rather see that have the option to remain expanded unless otherwise directed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you'll love it!

A lot of businesses spend a massive amount of time trying to dig out certain emails or information from emails when using other email systems. The ability to search in so many different ways including keywords is a major time-saver in comparison to other email platforms.

Gmail review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Gmail Review"

What do you like best?

Gmail is excellent in handling all my email needs. I like how it breaks down email into different tabs/categories, Primary, Social, Promotions, and Updates to keep my email separated. It makes finding emails that matter much easier without all the spam/junk email in the way.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes mail you feel should go in the Primary tab goes in other tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is a great email client for your team. It can help improve productivity with its' ease of use.

It allows me to keep my business email a priority without the junk email getting in the way.

Gmail review by Matt O.
Matt O.

"Gmail is great for business and personal use!"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and intuitive navigation with gmail as compared to other email platforms. I also like the folder customization and search features. It's much more professional than some others such as hotmail or yahoo.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that I dislike other than the attachment size limitations. If it's too large, it changes it to google drive which some people have difficulty accessing.

Company email between coworkers as well as communications to customers and business partners is easy and professional looking. I was able to customize a professional signature with my logo but it wasn't as easy as I had anticipated.

Gmail review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"Well Integrated Email Service with the Google Suite"

What do you like best?

Gmail has been my primary email provider for 8+ years now. Some features that I didn't know existed are still popping up and surprising me. One of my favorite automatic tools that Gmail does is add events to my Google Calendar. Flights, meetings and other reminders are added to my Google Calendar automatically, so I don't have to remember to do it later. It's like a built in secretary!

What do you dislike?

Gmail has been my primary email provider for 8+ years now and I have not had any complaints.

I have my work email automatically forwarded to my Gmail account so that I can have everything in one place. The Gmail app is easy to navigate, so I can handle my work and personal emails on the go.

Gmail review by Ottoniel R.
Ottoniel R.

"Absolutely essential, the email was reimagined after gmail"

What do you like best?

May be my favorite Google product. Gmail is the absolutely best free email service. I know very few people that doesn't have (at least) a gmail account. Generous free storage, lightining fast, secure, great search, integrated to everything and anything, great spam filter, what's not to like?

What do you dislike?

Again, what's not to like? The only thing that could make gmail better is to have more free space, but then again, it's already pretty generous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

why the heck are you still considering? Just use it if you haven't. You'll notice the difference between a good product and a great product.

Communication is a business and life problem I'm solving with gmail. The benefits are simply too many to count.

Gmail review by Callie S.
Callie S.

"Gmail"

What do you like best?

Gmail is very user friendly. The mobil app and the website are both easy to use and work well with each other in staying updated.

What do you dislike?

Organizing things on gmail could be a bit easier. Sometimes it is difficult to find functions if you are not familiar with the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have multiple accounts with Gmail and it is so easy to switch between each account. I am able to do it quickly and without having to remember multiple passwords. I love the mobile app and could not imagine my work life without it.

Gmail keeps me organized with my work and personal emails.

Gmail review by Anna F.
Anna F.

"Love Gmail search and labels!"

What do you like best?

There's simply no alternative to this email client online. It's free (!) and it offers so many features that it's just unbelievable. Gmail offers the most effective anti-spam filters I am aware of. It provides free integration with most email applications. But my favorite feature is Gmail search. It supports advanced and boolean operators allowing hundreds of options to search your inbox. You can also use any search to set up a filters and labels to organize your inbox effectively

What do you dislike?

The ads that apparently use my private messages to target me (products I like, things I discuss) are freaking me out. But I guess in our age of social media ads, Gmail is not the only offender.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read their terns of agreement on signing up: If privacy is your concern, you need to know the associated issues.

Gmail definitely makes email correspondence a breeze. It's very reliable too (never missed an email unlike with many of its competitors). My team works remotely and Gmail is perfect solution because it also talks to other great Google products like Google Drive (which we actively use as well)

Gmail review by Ashley L.
Ashley L.

"One of the best business tools we use"

What do you like best?

Gmail is everywhere, and it's connected to everything. My entire department uses Gmail for email, and we can really use the functionality for everything. Gmail has been very good to us, and we stay on top of scheduling through it.

What do you dislike?

The Social/Promotions tabs get annoying from time to time. They help filter out emails that otherwise would clutter up the inbox, but that's about it.

Gmail helps my team stay connected, regardless of where we are at the time. We can all get emails and respond quickly. It's much easier to use than other emails that we've tried.

Gmail review by Heather H.
Heather H.

"I will Never Use Any Other Email Provider."

What do you like best?

You are able to get desktop notifications. I am able to download and upload attachments quickly. I can forward particular emails from business and personal to contracts to a private folder. Contacts are easily accessible. I have never missed and email do to the ability to access my email from my phone

What do you dislike?

I do not like how sometimes Spam will get into my inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is a smarter choice and always will be.

I can save all my contacts in one place. It allows me to forward to multiple contacts with a few clicks. Also it is hassle free.

Gmail review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simplicity"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I find it very easy to keep de-cluttered by having the ability to open specific folders to store my different account related pieces of info. I like that I can have access to my choice of business, personal, or school related emails.

What do you dislike?

If you delete a folder, you have to hunt for future communications by name. It should have an algorithm that is smart enough to reset. I have run into a few times when I simply never received an email, and this could put my job in jeopardy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great because you can obtain access to your email outside of office, not to mention...Google Hangouts!

Staying up to date with all of my clients and having a solid response time. It is nice that I can respond to a client if it is urgent at any time. You never know when you will come across an urgent situation.

Gmail review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Don't use anything else! "

What do you like best?

I like almost everything about gmail. I am not familiar enough with every single feature to be called an expert and therefore don't know what all can be done with the product...but there are a lot of options! I just like how user-friendly and intuitive it is. I also like how easy it is to integrate with so many other products. I also love that it doesn't run out of space and it's free to use! I also love the look of it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the tabs that separate the "important" emails from the rest. I like gmails intuitiveness for which emails to star or mark as high priority because of what I usually open...but I don't like that things that I keep moving from spam to inbox and marking as "not spam" keep ending up in the spam box, and how things that I keep marking as "spam" keep ending up in my inbox. Come on!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! If you don't mind Big Brother tracking you..it's a great tool and service!

I am able to send and receive mail from anyone, and also use the google hangout feature right from my email page.

Gmail review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"One stop for all your emails!"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to sync not just your gmail accounts to your phone but also most others that you may be using as well!

What do you dislike?

With regards to the mobile app, when using the swipe to delete method, the emails are not deleted on the first or second try at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface and layout are simple and effective. There is not a huge learning curve for anyone switching to gmail for the first time.

Keeping all emails coming through a single app which eliminates the need to check multiple apps or websites.

Gmail review by Mital L.
Mital L.

"Gmail or hotmail?"

What do you like best?

Its so fast! It's so simple! It's all I want from email. Quick searching, simple themes and no adverts.

What do you dislike?

The way it handles folders, circles, groups etc. Having been a hotmail user since the dawn of time, well 1998, folders are just my way of thinking. I appreciate its just a new way but I am a little old school in that I want my email just to be email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply try the free options out there (e.g. hotmail, gmail etc) and for what it does, gmail just excels. I mean, come on, this is Google man. They are not going to put anything rubbish out.

I look after a number of hosted applications and gmail is perfect for DR. We are not storing any sensitive info but in terms of reliability and speed, we know we can always go back to our gmail boxes should something go wrong. All for free! I believe there is an SMTP offering too, albeit limited, so this may come in handy in the future.

Gmail review by Yangmi K.
Yangmi K.

"Free Email Account for You"

What do you like best?

It is free to create an account. It has big enough storage space. It also allows you to name the folder and to organize the emails based on the group and labels.

What do you dislike?

It shows advertisements on the top of your emails you receive. You can ignore but it keeps coming back with other different advertisements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gmail for both webmail and app on your phone. They are easy to use and custom.

It is convenient for both private and business email account.

Gmail review by Bauyrzhan T.
Bauyrzhan T.

"Best Email SaaS on Market"

What do you like best?

Pros:

1. Always stable, no bugs and downs

2. Easy to configure to your needs

3. Extension support allows you to add additional functions

4. Support corporate email adresses

5. Clean and minimal UX/UI

What do you dislike?

Cons:

1. Might take some time to load a 50 messages email chain

2. I miss Smart Inbox feature here (Spark has one)

3. Reloading time

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best email products on the Market.

Incoming and outgoing emails

Task management (my Task manager allows me and my customers to create tasks by sending an email)

Gmail review by User in Internet

"Best free email service! "

What do you like best?

I like gmail because it is reliable at doing what you want it to do - sending emails. There are many different beta options that are cool to try, and it also does a good job of putting spam into its own folder. One of the best features is when it pops up and notifies you if you've written that you've attached something, but nothing was actually attached.

What do you dislike?

There's a few features that would be cool if gmail had. One for example would be timed emails, so that you could set when an email sends. There are a few outside ways to do this, but I haven't found much success with those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, you won't be disappointed!

Communicating with anyone and everyone. Gmail is the best way to get the information I need, and the integrations (such as google hangouts and the chat feature) are awesome!

Gmail review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Personal or Business Uses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it has made me more productive. From their ios apps to browser experience Google aims to make it seemless. Best if you buy into using Google Calendar too cause everything works nicely together.

What do you dislike?

I do which there was more options under labs or that you could find more add-ons that are accessible within the Gmail experience. Keep it clean but give us more options to turn on and get advanced customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are currently using G Suite but for Non-Profits. Takes a bit to set up for program but wonderfully worth it! It's free for us.

Filtering emails, auto-replys, forwarding, aliases, etc... just make things run smoothly as if we were a much bigger company.

Gmail review by Phil H.
Phil H.

"Gmail is the best free, web based email service period"

What do you like best?

Gmail combines all of my favorite google products into the Gmail navigation bar, which makes it so much easier for me to use the calendar, Gchat, youtube, etc. The amount of storage is way more than I'll ever need and the way it figures out what's spam and isn't is second to none.

What do you dislike?

I might be alone in this but I don't like having the different tabs for primary, social, promotions. Let me figure out what's primary and what's not! Also - ads. Not a fan of ads!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Gmail is pretty much the best name in the business when it comes to free email. When I had Yahoo I looked down on people who still had Hotmail, I think now pretty much everyone looks down at people who don't us Gmail!

Gmail is great because my team and I can share documents, chat, etc. right within the gmail homepage. This makes things much easier on all of us.

Gmail review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Simple and Simply the Best"

What do you like best?

Clean, clean interface, fast response time, organized sidebar and even an attached calendar make this a superb email client. Gmail is something that will get what you need done while not getting in your way. It is yet another piece of software that conforms to the skill level of the user in that it can be simple or with a more advanced user, can be customizable with filters and the like.

What do you dislike?

One aspect that is rather new that is fairly annoying is the (effectively) forced conversion of the chat to "Hangouts", which has a rather large and awkward chat box. Additionally, sometimes I feel like there are TOO many options for layout that can confuse the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Calendar/Tasks features to organize your events. When you become more familiar, check out both the Labs tab that allows for experimental addons, as well as enable filters for sorting emails more easily.

Communication with Google Groups is key, especially for my robotics development team. We use this to coordinate meetings, and as the leader I can broadcast announcements or emergency hotfixes that need to be done.

Gmail review by Victoria G.
Victoria G.

"Gmail works with other Google Internet Tools"

What do you like best?

Huge amount of storage to save old e-mails.

Great spam filter means I get few unwanted e-mails.

Good ability to create filters.

Tabbed folders give a positive experience because I can see my most used mailboxes in tabs..

What do you dislike?

Lack of privacy because my e-mail is on a server that I don't control. Theoretically, Gmail could read everyone's mail, but I don't think they actually have time -- I think they do scan my mail for keywords to use to target ads to me.

I use Gmail, but I do not get too personal in my communications because I know that surveillance of this type of e-mail is likely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand that your information is more open to the public and to use by targeted ad companies and other data miners than is you host your own e-mail on your website.

It is really great to be able to save attachments to Google Drive, get a map in a few clicks or add an event to my calendar easily.

However, I know that Google is gathering information that it uses to advance it's own agenda.

Gmail review by Dustin D.
Dustin D.

"The best way email system to use for your company"

What do you like best?

Easy to check in and use from anywhere, at home or on the go.

The google sheets and docs has been a huge success within our company, we constantly share files and create new projects within these tools. A big part of our origination system is contained within gmail.

What do you dislike?

The messenger feature could be a very useful tool but seldom is used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend gmail over other companies such as godaddy.

Working to improve communication within the work place.

We have also made is easier to share files, documents, and collaborate on projects by utilizing google sheets and google docs. This has become an important part of our company that would at this point be hard to live without!

Gmail review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Solid email client! "

What do you like best?

It's got great functionality as an email client, and I love the various customizable features available, especially through Google Labs. Plus it integrates with most products I need, with just a little bit of tweaking.

What do you dislike?

Filtering and foldering could be a little bit easier, but it's still a pretty solid product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customize it as much as you can, and figure out what features will work the best for you as quickly as possible.

It's a pretty solid email client, and I love all of the integrations it offers.

Gmail review by Kiri W.
Kiri W.

"I use Google for personal and professional use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to search for e-mails. Everything can connect to g-mail. Very universal! I love that google drive in attached and everything is easy to share and keep on there with little to no storage space needed.

What do you dislike?

I would like an option to hold e-mails to send at a specific time rather than sitting in the draft section

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and very compatible with businesses and groups using Gmail.

Our whole company uses g-mail so it's easy to share documents, save e-mails, itemize e-mails and attach documents.

Gmail review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Gmail helps you manage your life"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Gmail is the auto filtering of emails. This way my main inbox isn't flooded with promotions and social media updates. They also make it extremely easy to clear out these categories. With this it makes gmail very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something I dislike it would be saving email chains as one email. This can become tedious when you are emailing multiple people back and forth but sometimes not the same people. I would much prefer it if each conversation was a separate email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the sole google drive suite!

Gmail increases our productivity because we spend less time dealing with email clutter and more time focused on urgent emails. Also gmail helps us integrate across all devices. I can easily check my email on my phone, iPad, work PC and even smart watch.

Gmail review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Gmail makes email efficient"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Gmail is the user friendly layout. You can rest assured that you won't miss important emails, because Gmail automatically filters any questionable emails to a "promotions" folder. This leaves you with the primary email folder, which does a great job of filtering out any marketing or solicitation emails. I also like that you can create an unlimited number of folders to further sort incoming emails.

What do you dislike?

Because Gmail is associated with a Google account, your email is automatically accessible as long as you are signed into your Google account. This can lead to problems if using a shared computer in the workspace. If you forgets to log out of their account, the next person can come along and access your Gmail account. Also, if you have multiple Google account it can be a pain to manage both. You're constantly having to sign out and sign back into the other account to access email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Gmail as an inexpensive email solution for your business needs.

Gmail allows me to access all my work emails in one space. I also use the Gmail app on my smartphone to easily access Gmail on the go.

Gmail review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great for business."

What do you like best?

I really like using Gmail for business. One of the best aspects of Gmail is the ability to tag emails and group them. I can apply an email to a specific "folder" but then I can also add multiple tags to each of the emails in order to sort them and find them. This unique method of tagging that no other email system uses makes Gmail one of my favorite email clients to use simply because it allows me to organize effectively.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about Gmail is how slow it can be when bringing in email from another address. I have a Gmail address and also a more personalized business address using my own domain name. Gmail lets me bring this email into my inbox as well, though it only checks for emails on that account every so often (1/2 hr or so). This can lead to delays between "real time" discussions that are taking place with clients over email.

Gmail helps me save time while managing a small business. One great example of this, is the ability to "pre-write" emails that I find myself writing often. Then I save them under what's called a "canned response". Instead of rewriting an email over and over when I sell an item or deal with a customer, I can simply open my canned response and then add the client name to it.

Gmail review by User in Computer Software

"Gmail for work, because I can't imagine using anything else."

What do you like best?

I like how Gmail integrates so easily with everything I use for work, including Drive and Calendar. I use Gmail for personal use as well, so the interface and functionality has always been familiar. I like that for work, I don't have to deal with using a different email platform than I'm used to.

What do you dislike?

My biggest peeve is the visual design. There are so many other email platforms that are more aesthetically appealing that it's almost enough to make me switch.

There are so many features of Gmail that I didn't realize were available for the longest time. For example, setting up filters and tags to properly sort my emails was something I didn't find intuitively - somebody had to show me that the feature even existed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I'd recommend Gmail. I love the easy integration with many aspects of work. If I could make a recommendation to improve the product, I'd give it a more aesthetically pleasing facelift. There are new products that use gmail but present the emails in a more beautiful way. I also would like to see a better walk-through or tool-tips of the robust features that I was under-utilizing for a long time.

I couldn't do my job without email, period. I don't know that Gmail does it particularly better than other email providers in terms of functionality, but I do appreciate how well it integrates with other areas of my work life. The benefit is ease of use, particularly when I'm accessing Gmail from my mobile.

Gmail review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Gmail Review"

What do you like best?

Simple layout, nice customization features, folder creation, security and spam settings, huge amount of space available

What do you dislike?

clunky interface when replying to emails, hard to retrieve previously deleted items

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an email tool you can not beat Google. It is easily recognizable by many different people and perfect when giving out your email address over such medians as a phone call. There is also a ton of customization features available so take your time to play around with the layout.

Many nice features that can keep various business contacts in "Google "circles". I lump various business contacts together in different circles to keep them organized. Also, the folder creation feature is wonderful when you need to store specific emails that may be relevant at a later date.

Gmail review by Vinay k.
Vinay k.

"Helpful in both Personal & Professional "

What do you like best?

Email is a big part of running a mobile office and doing nearly every knowledge work related job today. The key to getting things done faster and more efficiently is not allowing yourself to get bogged down in email.

I highly recommend disabling mobile and desktop email notifications and only checking it at certain times you set throughout your workday. Otherwise, it can become a massive distraction that divides your focus and kills your ability to do more productive tasks necessary to excel in your work.

What do you dislike?

The way they mis-Handle account and little differences regular account and Google Apps accounts: they should be the same but they are not.

You can't use Apps account with YouTube’s, I think that's the last Google services that can’t be used but could be wrong, there may be more of them.

When Google+ comes out, Apps users’ could not use it. So if you wanted to try it, you had to use regular goggle account. They soon open up for Apps users promised they will make the ability to merge accounts. That was some six months ago or so, still no words on that. It's very massy, Especial for the followers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail Postmaster Tools provides senders with metrics on parameters such as reputation, spam rate, feedback loop, etc. It can help you check compliance to the Gmail bulk sender guidelines, as well as identify issues that can cause trouble with the spam filter.

--> In a sales position, this product allows users to followup with clients/candidates in an effective way."

--> In Daily and personal as well.

Gmail review by Signe B.
Signe B.

"Gmail is My Favorite!"

What do you like best?

Gmail is very easy to set up and use. I have particularly enjoyed the Google Chat feature of the email in the past. This feature allowed me to be online, but still chat with people via Google. It is linked to the Gmail account which is useful. When logged in, I can easily see who is online out of my contacts. In addition, Gmail is integrated with all of Google's tools such as Blogger, Docs, Scholar, etc. I can easily change from my email to another activity without logging out and back in. Frankly, I have five email accounts and Gmail is the one I use most frequently. I have two Gmail accounts currently in use.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much I don't like about Gmail. As with any email account, spam comes frequently, however, I believe it is somewhat less than other email accounts I have had. I'm not real fond of the labeling system only because I am a little lazy when it comes to that. I just want to read and delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a quick, easily implemented email system, Gmail is the one. The school district I work for as well as the University I attended both have at some point used Gmail as the business email provider. This is an easy one to learn the basics of, and it has many more features for those who are more tech savvy and want to use different features of Google integrated into email.

I have started small businesses over the years and have always used Gmail as the provider for business email. I find it easy to use and integrated well throughout almost everything that use.

Gmail review by User in Law Enforcement
User in Law Enforcement

"An email that lets you stay organized in all aspects "

What do you like best?

I love all the options gmail gives you. I can keep all my emails organized and communicate with my co workers. I love that it separates it by category so I don’t ever feel bogged down with emails. I know where to look for what.

What do you dislike?

The new version is a bit tricky. I found it confusing when trying to forward emails when working. It could be a bit more user friendly.

It provides great organization. I don’t ever miss any emails. And you can easily have it on your desktop and phone.

Gmail review by Jie F.
Jie F.

"The only email you'll ever need. "

What do you like best?

The email is organized and simple. It has frequent updates and new features.

What do you dislike?

I wish they merge Inbox for Gmail and Gmail. I was Gmal but Inbox for Gmail is so much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Google will definitely support any problems with integrity!

All of my email is in one place and integrated with Google Drive.

Gmail review by Cecilia N.
Cecilia N.

"The best and only e-mail client you will need!"

What do you like best?

I love that Gmail is widely used by many people. Google does a great job of integrating their applications to work alongside Gmail, such as using Google Drive, Hangouts, Docs, and Sheets. Another big benefit of using Gmail is that you can download and use the app on mobile platforms such as your cell phone or tablet. This is great for when I need to check information email when I'm outside of the office. I love that they organize the e-mails into conversations so there's less clutter.

What do you dislike?

I prefer using Gmail on my PC computer because iIt works better than using it on a mobile platform. It looks better and having to view a conversation on the PC is less of a hassle than if I had to do so on my phone or tablet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When signing up for Gmail, make sure you pick a username/email address that is professional looking. If possible, try to get a username with your name in it. This is very useful when looking and applying for work. Take advantage of filters and tags in order to organize all your e-mail. Flag any unwanted e-mails as spam and frequently clean out your inbox.

Gmail is great at corresponding with other people. Majority of the people that I know use Gmail so it's widely used. Also, if you have your own domain name or a company does, they can easily set up their worker's emails to use the Gmail mail client. This is a main benefit of using Gmail, people will be familiar with an application that works as it should.

Gmail review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Gmail review"

What do you like best?

The ease of syncing my mail with my iPhone is simple. I am able to stay connected across multiple devices, switching from mac to pc to mobile is simple.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues with the mobile access via "email" on iPhone. Downloading of attachments has caused minor delays and loss of emails by accidentally swiping on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up, the ease of use is great and storage space is plentiful.

Being able to stay in touch with multiple contacts is easy. I can create folders for work and personal and check them with ease.

Gmail review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"A simple way to keep in touch."

What do you like best?

Easily stores my contacts through out my entire company, across the entire country. Allows me to be able to log in and access my mail and not have to have an additional app to download.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike at the moment.

Being able to send out information in Mass amounts to a large amount of people.

Gmail review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"How I Get All My Information From My Co-Workers"

What do you like best?

Gmail may be the best email service I've ever used. It's quick with delivery and easy to manage. I really like the chat feature included which allows to me to connect with everyone throughout the office without having to move. I like the folders and how much you can customize your own inbox.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gmail is the most efficient email service out there. It's quick an easy to use. It also allows you to customize your inbox however you may like, even the background. The chat feature that comes with it is probably the best part of Gmail. Avoid sending an email and quickly talk with someone else who is online.

Gmail is great for communication and allows me to get new from everyone around the office, despite not being on the same schedule. It's very beneficial to connect with co-workers and quickly communicate with others.

Gmail review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"Gmail"

What do you like best?

I love that you can easily switch between email, charts, docs and the Drive. This made working remotely very easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the email chain (or thread) can be difficult to follow if using on a mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love gmail! Once you start using it, and all the functions available, you will quickly see why it's so useful!

When I first started using gmail for with my previous employer, I was so used to Outlook that I found it difficult to manage. However after a few short weeks, I quickly realized that gmail is far easier and more efficient to use than any other email system I have used previously.

I have since moved on from that job, but I still use gmail personally. My current company used to use gmail but tey switch to Outlook not long ago. I am getting used to it again, however I miss gmail!

Gmail review by Alicia B.
Alicia B.

"GMail is your friend!"

What do you like best?

The organization features of GMail are top-notch! There are very dynamic filtering options, you can apply multiple filters and labels to emails, and make sure that your inbox has exactly what you want in it.

What do you dislike?

I'm not really sure there is anything to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

So intuitive, with many options for anything you'd want. If you want to leverage JS, you can also do even more complex things like mailmerge and whatnot.

Efficient use of email. Any devices that you use are instantly synced, and there is also offline capability if you need that. Filters enable you to see at a glance which emails are most important.