I love everything about this software. We have reduced the number of hours needed for manual or tedious tasks saving us tens of thousands of dollars in labor each year. This software more than pays for itself in the hours we save and allows our employees to focus on higher level, less repetitive tasks.
We currently utilize GoAnywhere MFT, Secure Folders, Secure Mail and Secure Forms. It does EVERYTHING. We read and write Excel files, bounce data against or get data from our SQL database, pick files up from vendor FTPs, deliver files through Secure Folders to to FTP, have customer facing and internal only web forms to save on paperwork, and countless scheduled jobs to both reduce mid-day SQL overhead and automate several previously extremely tedious, manual tasks and exports.
In short - I happened to stumble across this software at my former company and it was the first purchase I asked for when I came to my new company. Everyone involved is 100% on board and has 0 regrets for this investment. It's also very affordable! It pays for itself in a few months if not sooner if you utilize it as soon as you get it installed.
The only complaint I have thus far is no support for PDF output, but it's not a deal breaker in the slightest.
Try it out! They offer a 30 day demo of the entire suite.
1) Hundreds of labor hours per year saved
2) Automation of time intensive tasks and data imports/exports
3) Our vendors have praised the reduction in paperwork through use of web forms and our file portal
4) Vast reduction in human error through use of workflows to validate data submission and output
5) The ability for the whole company to say something they want to automate and for me to be able to do it with relative ease
Current Uses/Problems Solved:
1) Build a file portal that allows for weekly/monthly reports to be submitted by our vendor base - when needed, scans each file for accuracy and generates a success email or detailed error report to ensure data being submitted is clean and validated
2) Scheduled countless tasks to run large SQL file exports and file uploads in off hours to reduce mid-day SQL overhead issues
3) Mass move and rename files with a CSV file and a few clicks
4) Replace SSRS reporting with easier to customize SQL queries and formatted Excel output
5) Reduced paperwork internally and from vendors by replacing paper forms with GA Secure Forms which can trigger actions to notify via email and/or update an SQL database once submitted (validates data submitted as well)
6) Auto fetches files from various sources and places in a central repository so no files or reports are ever missed
7) Perform various database and other background updates based to reduce the need for a human to perform the same, tedious updates and risk human error