GoCo

GoCo

4.8

At GoCo.io, they strive to re-imagine the way companies interact with their employees. They deliver delightful user experiences that transcend operational value and help small and mid-sized businesses transform their culture. Their modern web platform streamlines critical business operations, including employee onboarding and offboarding, document management, HR compliance and benefits administration without having to change vendors, plans, or pricing.

Work for GoCo?

GoCo Reviews

Ask GoCo a Question
Showing 28 GoCo reviews
GoCo review by Jay G.
Jay G.

"Great all-in-one platform for HRIS and Ben Admin"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and clean look. I'm the administrator for my company's GoCo account and it's super easy to get new employees onboarded and enrolled in benefits. We were using digital e-forms for benefits enrollments and I'm so glad to have an automated system for employees to elect insurance!

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that (as of now) it doesn't sync with our payroll platform (Gusto) directly. It DOES have a helpful workaround in the payroll checklist that reminds me what needs to be updated and I can mark off what I've adjusted to make sure the changes are entered!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is great and the team is incredibly supportive and open to feedback. They genuinely want to hear your experience and improve the product.

We also do HR support for external clients and have seen significant time savings with onboarding and especially benefits enrollments in GoCo. The less time we spend doing administrative work, the more time my team can spend responding to clients and ensuring a high level of service!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GoCo
GoCo review by Melanie K.
Melanie K.

"If you are looking for a one stop HR portal - look no further than GoCo"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that not only does it integrate with our Slack platform - it is very comprehensive as far as managing our HR systems. It keeps our team organized - we can see benefits, documents, vacation and other time off requests in one place. It makes our new employee onboarding a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Our vacation time doesn't track as well as we'd like and the response time from some team members was a little laggy but that particular issue has been resolved by their restructuring of their internal team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you do not need a PEO then by all means - this is a terrific platform to use. If you need a PEO - then GoCO is not for you.

Managing our HR dept in one place! LOVE it! We've realized the amount of paperwork we had for new hires and this organizes it all!

What Core HR solution do you use?

GoCo review by Jing M.
Jing M.

"Great platform on the cloud for HR, payroll and benefit management!"

What do you like best?

It links all HR programs (hiring, new hire on-boarding, payroll, medical/dental insurance, 401K, PTO management etc. etc.) together with a very smooth flow. We are able to manage W2 employees, consultants and overseas contractors all on one platform. It is so easy to install and to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. We continue to find more ways to use Goco. The platform is set up well behind the scene and at the front end, everything works easily and instinctively for the users. The implementation and support team is outstanding. They are quick to response and solved our problems right away and on the spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did research on a HR/payroll platform for almost a year. As our company grows fast, we wanted to find a program that can be multi-functional, scalable and easy to use (even for our international contractors). In my past jobs, I used many payroll and HR programs but none of them could meet our current requirement. We are very happy that in the end we found Goco which met all of our expectations and more.

We have employees and consultants across the country and hundreds of contractors across the world. Goco helps us to have one HR platform and in electronic format . It enables us to hire new employees, manage payroll and enroll/manage employee benefits in one place and all on the cloud. It enables us in tracking hiring documents, employment documents and payroll information in one place. It assists us to manage PTO and Non PTOs easily, There is also a good employee communication program in Goco.

GoCo review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Our Experience with GoCo has been excellent. The support received has been superior."

What do you like best?

We really like the platform in its simplicity and yet the option to customize. The customer support and creativity with the team has been tremendous. We've presented ideas to help streamline our needs, and the GoCo Team has responded and found solutions for us. We also value the expertise that GoCo partnered with OneDigital.

What do you dislike?

We really have not encountered a disappointment or dislike with the product so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works really well for a smaller business looking for an inexpensive option with customization options and the expertise of a benefits support that is capable to handle the current benefits landscape.

We are able to coordinate many of our HR functions while providing an ESS for our employees that is easy to use, easy to access and designed around our specific needs. We have saved time, money, and I believe in the end it will increase our employee satisfaction and retention.

GoCo review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Intuitive HR and Benefits Platform"

What do you like best?

Signing up and setting up our company was extremely easy, including rolling out to our employees.

What do you dislike?

I would like the calendar function to be an actual calendar, rather than just the integrations options, although those are very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is clear that GoCo is focused on the end user experience. From on-boarding, to PTO, to performance reviews, the application is very intuitive and easy to use. Employees are able to keep track of their information, sync with their own calendars (holidays, PTO requests, etc.) and have quick access to their benefits information. From an administrative perspective, we are happy knowing the permissions are robust and can grant very specific access to certain roles, without jeopardizing sensitive employee data.

One stop source for employee on-boarding, HR information, and benefit information - previously was scattered across multiple systems. We've gained a ton of capacity on our team by not having to manually process so many issues. We also are more aware of changes that have occurred through the notification systems. Lastly, we have been able to delegate some more trivial tasks like i-9 verification without having to worry about that individual seeing sensitive employee information through GoCo's permissions.

GoCo review by Jesse L.
Jesse L.

"Intuitive interface and powerful HRIS tools"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is for employees to view all their information in one place.

What do you dislike?

Notifications can sometimes require too many steps to dismiss

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a very supportive and responsive group. They care a lot about their product and improving the experience for their clients

We were looking for a HRIS system that would work with our various benefits providers. We found one in GoCo and have additionally found the tools like Magic Docs, PTO management, payroll management, and benefits dashboard to be incredible tools that help us manage organizations.

GoCo review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Easy Implementation; Saving time for On Boarding and Employee Management"

What do you like best?

The implementation of GoCo was quite easy - provided a few documents with notes. Within 30 days; our platform was built out and we were ready to go live. This platform has saved me time with emailing documents that have to be printed, completed, scanned and re-emailed then printed again. It has made our employees happier with the process [we even had one do his onboarding via mobile and said it was the least combursome and efficient system he has used to date!].

What do you dislike?

I believe that the onboarding process could be tightened up a bit in terms of checklists, what's next, what all is needed in a list format. A lot of phone calls happened and had I had checklists it may have been easier to streamline and provide what was needed. I also would like to see a more efficient turn around time for documents to become 'magic'. This is a challenge if we need to distribute immediately or have a new document that needs to be completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a clear understanding and discussion of all documents you need to upload into the system and what their capabilities are for making them completable by employees.

This system has enabled me to become a remote employee and still manage employee records in a secure environment that everyone has access to. It has saved massive amounts of time, and also streamlined our benefits enrollment for our employees. I love that this platform goes hand in hand with benefits so we have a cohesive team working together instead of all these different partners.

GoCo review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Definitely Recommend!"

What do you like best?

The on boarding features are amazing! I also love that it connects with our benefits sites so I don't have to maintain information in multiple places. This is so user-friendly, and the support staff are available and willing to make changes based on feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more distinct permissions - with our current hierarchy, it would be nice for multiple managers to be able to view and create feedback for each employee. Also, adding more flexibility when creating task lists could be really useful!

Our on boarding process has become so much smoother, both for us as a company, and for new employees. So much data is now stored online instead of spreadsheets, and with the on boarding task list, we don't have to worry about missing steps. We've had new employees ask if they've forgotten something because it just seems too easy!!

GoCo review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"Service Was Great!"

What do you like best?

Sarah was very helpful and responsive, service is very important to us and was the main reason we left our previous vendor.....highly recommend their services as they are simple and easy to use, but thorough and can be dynamic if you have higher level needs.

What do you dislike?

Benefits process was a little cumbersome but to be fair, our transition was done closer to renewal date than we all would have liked. I still recommend them highly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend moving to this platform.

One stop shop for documents, payroll and onboarding automation is fantastic! Our process to bring in new team members has now been streamlined and saved numerous hours on the company's side. Efficiency at it's best!

GoCo review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Easy to use. Great to work with."

What do you like best?

GoCo is easy to administer and use. Their customer support will go the extra mile to handle any request you throw at them.

What do you dislike?

Since the company is relatively young, they don't have as many integrations will payments companies, so there's a little friction translating pay to payroll to cash in the bank. GoCo has taken this burden so we do not have to and has minimized this issue for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to Sarah, she's the best!

Outsourced benefits and payroll to a company that deals with it day-in and day-out.

GoCo review by User in Internet

"Great All-In-One HR Platform!"

What do you like best?

GoCo is not only extremely easy to use for the admin users, but equally as simple for the employees. New hires are able to on-board in minutes and all of their new hire paperwork is kept safe and secure. GoCo also automatically sends benefit enrollment data to the insurance carriers as well as the payroll company of your choice. That's right, you get to choose your own Payroll and benefit carriers! It truly is a fantastic solution.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of one thing I do not like about the platform.

No more dual entry during open enrollment. The employees' information automatically syncs from GoCo to the insurance carriers and payroll. Also, onboarding is a breeze and they take care of ACA.

Administrator in Insurance

"Easy, intuitive, pleasure to use"

What do you like best?

It's so easy and it makes HR administration feel manageable. As someone who plays multiple roles, having HR as streamlined as possible is imperative. GoCo walks me through it step-by-step ensuring I don't overlook important steps along the way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike, but rather there are features I look forward to seeing grow and develop over time. Their standards are very high and are always soliciting feedback, reviewing, and updating to improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend GoCo for its simplicity, easy-of-use, and dedication to understanding the employer/employee experience and wanting to constantly improve it.

Tracking and managing employees and compliance. Streamlined processes (both for administration and with employees for communications/tracking) and time spent on HR being productive and proactive rather than hit-and-miss and reactive.

Administrator in Insurance

"Easy to install and intuitive to use."

What do you like best?

The platform is laid out very intuitively and it does a great job of walking users through a logical and easy-to-use workflow. Its simple enough that even beginners can use it successfully.

What do you dislike?

Because I'm comparing it to other, similar systems I have used in the past, I don't have any real criticisms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo the various offerings in the market and speak to users who are at various lengths of service with each. If their experience is like ours, they will likely go with GoCo

The typical problems that come along with having employees, the overall management of HR in general and our benefits programs specifically.

GoCo review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"GoCo!"

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard and menu bar best. I find it's very easy for me to access the employee details I need. The platform itself is very easy to navigate especially when directing hiring mangers.

What do you dislike?

I would like for the ability to delete documents that are not needed. Having this ability would help eliminate human error when it comes to uploading employee documents.

We were looking for a one stop shop for our client's employees. A benefit we've realized is through benefits administration. Having the benefits enrollments and HRIS in one place is very convenient. I also really appreciate the support from the benefits team.

GoCo review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Cleaned up a lot of our scattered hr processes"

What do you like best?

One central, streamlined, easy to use tool for onboardjng, health, vacation requests/tracking, and more. Goco team is also extremely proactive with updating us with new and government employment documents (i9 form as the most recent)

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are some features that were not fully taking advantage of... so my only dislike is that I'm potentially unaware of additional value I could add to my employees or business.

Key benefit would be a more streamlined onboarding process and centra employment documentation polices with most current required forms. I never feel exposed due to outdated documents or steps that were inadvertently skipped in the new hire process.

GoCo review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Easily Manageable benefits platform"

What do you like best?

Most amazing part is managing the benefits. Employee can play with different options to know their premium details, easily available plan details.

Being an Admin, its very easy to see the benefits cost break out as per payroll frequency to merge on payroll. Also, payroll edits are sync as per payroll dates to sync on the payroll which easily manage the payroll without any mistakes or messy payroll.

What do you dislike?

Not come across the details which I dislike. So far, I have been liking all the aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I strongly recommended GoCo for easy administration of Benefits and Payroll. Also very handy and useful for employees to have the benefits details available with one login.

Benefits and Payroll management are most appealed so far as we just started with GoCo few months back. we will be using on boarding feature asap.

GoCo review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"GoCo Platform and Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

The GoCo team was very attentive in the exploration phase. They have quality materials to share about the platform, its benefits and features. They followed up and followed through on requested matters in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to say that something was disliked...only that the platform has limitations for now but that the roadmap is accommodating requests and needs of the uder community.

Our HR administration is time consuming and will benefit greatly from digitization and automation. This solution will free up resources to do more value-added work with staff.

Administrator in Insurance

"Super easy to use, excellent support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to navigate. The ability to integrate with our current payroll was huge. The benefits and HR tools are excellent - 'magic docs', employee onboarding and self-service benefits especially have saved us countless hours

What do you dislike?

We've not come across anything we're unhappy with so far

We've been able to dramatically reduce the time spent on administrative tasks. I can now spend my time focused on our people rather than spreadsheets and fax machines!

GoCo review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great software for office management"

What do you like best?

I like that the time-off request is very easy to use for me and my manager. We are also going to use it to rack one-on-one's. We do use it for healthcare and benefits enrollment and management. So far it's been so easy to use!

What do you dislike?

We found it very difficult to find the "out of office" calendar link. Fortunately someone in our office had the URL randomly and was able to share it.

Time off has been a big problem. No one was able to agree when to use GoCo (for 1 hour OOO of half a day). It helped us figure out what information actually needs to be logged and shared.

GoCo review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"So simple! "

What do you like best?

The entire platform is so easy to use and my recent enrollment was so simple. My coworkers and I couldn't believe it.

What do you dislike?

We've recently implemented this, so nothing so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Your employees will love it.

I'm an employee and this has made requesting time off, enrolling in benefits, and checking any of my information so convenient.

GoCo review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"This HR service is perfect for our business (TrustWorkz.com)!!"

What do you like best?

This has simplified my work life, and significanttly reduced the number of hours I spend on human resources. Everything is in one place, and our team is able to make changes to their information, without me touching it.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that we don't like. The staff at GoCo is very responsive to our requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time - get started!

Significantly streamlined HR processes.

GoCo review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Best cost effective solution to HR/Legal compliance"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to add and track my employees and keep them legally compliant with ever-changing HR requirements.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about this software is the lack of seamless integrations. My team and I are forced to manually transmit data to other software.

Human Resource and Legal Compliance.

GoCo review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hard working team, excellent customer service, portal still needs work "

What do you like best?

Friendliest hard working team. They take your constructive criticism and work hard on improving their portal to best fit your company's needs.

What do you dislike?

Still very new, does not have all the bells and whistles of other HRIS systems. This will work for small companies needing a system in place. It'll cut down all your oowewoek and make onboading and benefit selection a seemles process.

Employee onboading/terminations and benefit enrollment . This system eliminates the use of paperwork and saves a lot of time for both employer and employee.

GoCo review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great working relationship with the GoCo Team, from start to finish!"

What do you like best?

Very attentive to my company's needs. Always looking for ways to improve and to help me become more efficient.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a photo directory, but I understand that they are still developing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! Would recommend.

As an HR Department of one, GoCo has become a great tool for me. Not to mention I have office located throughout the US, so onboarding is very simple for my new hires.

GoCo review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Small business HR made easy"

What do you like best?

Features we need through an intuitive UI

What do you dislike?

Would like more integrations with other office productivity apps (Slack, G apps, etc.)

HR onboarding and offboarding can be onerous for small businesses. GoCo addresses this problem and has made easy work from offer through to separation.

GoCo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Amazing Platform"

What do you like best?

User interface and my HR Requests, time off

What do you dislike?

It is a great platform it solves all of our HR issues

HR platform, admin help

GoCo review by Executive Sponsor in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Executive Sponsor in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

* More streamlined employee onboarding and self-service for benefits changes

* Good selection of benefit plans

* Excellent support and customer service

* FREE!

What do you dislike?

* We have had no problems or service interruptions to date

* Better health insurance and benefits programs at lower cost

* Streamlined HR, freeing up time for higher-value tasks

GoCo review by User

"Goco"

What do you like best?

I like how its easy to manage time sheets and payroll with this app.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this app dosnt have anything I dislike

Saving time with this app by Hain all my HR needs in one area. Payroll ad timesheets combined.

* We monitor all GoCo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.