GoDaddy

GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.

Work for GoDaddy?

Learning about GoDaddy?

GoDaddy Reviews

Showing 437 GoDaddy reviews
GoDaddy review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GoDaddy
GoDaddy review by Dheeraj M.
Dheeraj M.

"Best place to buy your Domain and host your website"

What do you like best?

Godaddy was mine first to purchase domains and host websites, and it haven't disappointed me. It is a great place to start your online journey. It is very easy to setup and place order. Their customer support is awesome and provides quick and effective resolution of your query. you can get SSL certificates too. Their control panel is quite intiutive and setting which are there are effecient to use.

What do you dislike?

The main con of this site is its cost, it is far more costlier than hostgator, and bluehost.Their online website builder tool is also not very effective and easy to use. you can face many downtime on their shared webhosting plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only suggestion will be if you want to buy a domain then it is the best platform, but please refer hostgator orr bluehost if you want to purchase webhosting as their plans are more effective and cheap. Their customer service is good and thus makes the entire onboarding easy and painless.

We have used this site to purchase different domains and the experience was too easy and quick. We have also used their web hosting plan to host our website. Their plans are not very cheap but above average industry rate.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

GoDaddy review by Emmanuel D.
Emmanuel D.

"GoDaddy Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

They use cPanel and the truth is that the interface is easy to follow. Although the registration process could be easier. Some pages of cPanel are not completely translated into Spanish.

Domain names

If you sign up for a year or more, you'll have a free .com, .co, .org or .net domain.

What do you dislike?

Databases:

They limit the number of databases that you can have.

SSL encryption not included:

Other providers offer Let's Encrypt so you can have SSL encryption (https) at no additional cost.

Speed:

Although it is not the slowest web hosting on the market, we expected more from this global giant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, it is a solvent hosting and that fulfills its function. But for the price it costs, they should offer a little more, other alternatives of similar prices offer much more quality and better support.

Definitely, Goddady is one of the most serious companies in the current market, where you have to be careful with companies that only want to cheat their customers. Well, with Goddady the renovations have the same cost that they tell you since you buy the domain. With this you avoid unpleasant moments to see that your domains will go much more expensive.

GoDaddy review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Great Support 24x7 / Tech Support Reminds me of a Used Car Salesman "

What do you like best?

I most like the availability of support staff. Whenever I need something, someone answers, and it is exceedingly rare if they can't direct me to fix my problem.

What do you dislike?

Without fail, whenever you call Godaddy for a support need, the guy on the other end will typically try to up-sell you. I realize that is their job, but I also want to say "do you know how many clients I have brought you"? Shall I list the customer numbers? Another issue I find troubling is related to reporting and resource allocation. Most of our websites don't produce a lot of traffic for most of the year. When it is getting close to our event, particularly the day before, the day of and the day after, we get tons of traffic. This year, multiple people reported that they were not able to access our website. This is partially my fault for not anticipating the resource issue, but when I called GoDaddy to figure out was was going on, they literally had no way to view the traffic in real time, so I could figure out what resources to allocate or how to prevent it moving forward. I was flabbergasted. When I pushed the technician, we got annoyed with me because I chose a shared product (which is what they recommended). Also, given all the ways they try to up-sell me, one would think they'd have a mechanism in place so that when they see on their end that I am running up against resource issues or worse, that my audience cannot access the site, they's get some sort of trigger to call me preemptively. Maybe that's the critical moment you should try to up-sell me.

Between 10 different accounts, I am managing multiple websites. We use Godaddy to host our company's intranet and extranet. We also use it to host the websites of several races we produce. Each race we produce has its own brand and identity, and the shared hosting plan allows us to spin up multiple websites.

GoDaddy review by Vijay V.
Vijay V.

"Simple & highly reliable Web hosting service, Web builder is okay."

What do you like best?

For the newbies to the space, Godaddy is a great option to start with, for purchasing domains & web hosting. It's quite easy to setup & highly secure.

SSL certificates, email & office services are good enough to be considered.

The Support is very good in responding to issues & offers quick resolution.

What do you dislike?

It's priced on the higher end compared to its competitors. The brand name works in its favour than differentiation from alternatives. IT guys who are well aware of this web stuff can go with cheaper options.

I't's not a great choice or a cost effective one for website building.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a newbie, not on budget or it's just 1-2 sites, just go with Godaddy. But, if you are well aware of the web stuff, you may go for cheaper options for domain registration & hosting. However, Godaddy is reliable & offers great support.

We needed to quickly purchase a domain & host the website for a product launch and we found Godaddy highly reliable & easy to setup.

GoDaddy review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Amazing Service with Amazing Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The customer support is outstanding and every time I speak with an agent, they are polite, use great english, and truly know what they are doing. All of the products are very easy to use and it is very straight forward to purchase domains and manage everything to do with them.

What do you dislike?

The hosting is not a very good alternative to regular hosting options. I personally do not like how the emails are set up but they do work well and some of our clients really appreciate getting the combination of domain and hosting at the same location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service, we recommend GoDaddy as the leading provider of all domains and definitely would recommend this to others as well.

We purchase all our domains through GoDaddy which are cost effective especially when on the discount club. We receive the lowest prices on new domains, transfers, and renewals BUT that is because we have paid for the Domain Discount Club.

GoDaddy review by Christopher D.
Christopher D.

"inconsistent but cheap"

What do you like best?

The support via phone is actually quite good, however there might be a wait. When you get a good employee, they are patient and knowledgable. Too bad they are not so easy to "find." They all speak proper English and their prices are competitive, especially for domains. Servers are generally reliable and domain registrations cheap and easy. The new "Pro" program is only half-baked, poorly documented and the online-platform has too many broken links.

What do you dislike?

The Pro program website doesn't really work and when you ask them about it, it's like yelling into a well with no echo or response. Inconsistent support means you might have to make several calls to get something fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the Pro Program and provide better, faster support. Make fully-managed more pro-active.

They provide very low cost domain registration and hosting solutions, from fully managed, to dedicated. Overall, they are dependable and helpful with well-trained, expert staff.

GoDaddy review by Annie B.
Annie B.

"Easy to Use Domain creator!"

What do you like best?

I like reviewing the domain expiration's so i know when we need to renew. We exclusively use godaddy for domain purchases.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the disconnect between the web hosting and domains. We had issues in the past with our hosting expiring and no warning that our website was going to be shut off. Needless to say it was a big headache and we now use siteground for website hosting. I also think it is quite pricey, but worth it, i wish there were more promotions sent out "renew your domain for the next 5 years and get 30% discount" etc...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally I feel very comfortable buying domains exclusively from godaddy, but have yet to make the switch for website hosting. A website going down is our worst fear.

When we establish new business additions we quickly purchase the domain before the release so the competitors don't put us in a tight spot.

GoDaddy review by Darlanne D.
Darlanne D.

"I've been a GoDaddy customer since 2002"

What do you like best?

I have tried many other domain registrars out there, but GoDaddy continues to be the best to easily manage my domain names. I trust the brand.

What do you dislike?

I hate their upsells, though they are not as bad as before. However, even now when I am renewing a domain, I'm still hit with many "opportunities" to add this or that feature. However, I realize they cater largely to new customers who may need that guidance. I also wish they would not have done away with domain coupons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are registering domains, GoDaddy is the way to go. They are also very reachable by phone for any type of support need. Web hosting would be another issue and they are improving, but the jury is still out on that feature for me.

I have registered domains with them for many, many years. My domains remain safely registered, and I am send out timely reminders when the domains come due for renewal.

GoDaddy review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Great email platform!"

What do you like best?

The low cost for our company to use Go Daddy is very appealing. As a small company we needed a low cost email solution. The other thing that is very useful is the ease of integration into other email platforms that are more user friendly such as Gmail and Outlook. I've integrated to both and it is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Go Daddy isn't very user friendly so it forces me to integrate with another email platform. This creates a problem as there is a lag time from when I receive an email until when it actually appears in my inbox as it has to go through Go Daddy and then through the platform I'm using (i.e. Outlook).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of employees and want a low cost solution, Go Daddy is for you! If you aren't comfortable with integrating Go Daddy with other platforms then it isn't for you as this is a big aspect to using the platform.

We are keeping our costs for email down which is very helpful! And it's very easy to add new emails as we onboard new employees. As a growing business you want something that's dynamic and Go Daddy is just that.

GoDaddy review by Oombawka Design R.
Oombawka Design R.

"Terrible Customer Service and Product Support"

What do you like best?

Price was a good selling point and platform is great for new bloggers with very little traffic or Ads.

What do you dislike?

>Horrible Customer Service

>Terrible managed wordpress hosting

>They do not take ownership of issues caused by their hosting platforms

>They do not provide effective tech support

>They blame all issues with sites on the site coding or uploaded plugins

>They do not stand behind the services they sell

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you choose to go with GoDaddy NEVER lock in for more than 1 month at a time - after 30 days you do not receive any money back if you run into problems down the line - even if you haven't used the hosting yet - you are out of pocket.

>Zero benefits > After 2 months of calls I finally got to speak with a Manager about all the issues happening on my site and the site being down all the time. He blamed all the site downtime and speed issues on my site coding and plugins. Multiple calls were placed and the issues were never resolved. Downtime became excessive. Calls to the center were in excess of 8 hours a week for 2 months in 2017 (January and February). Decided to leave the plan and asked for a refund or a credit to use the unused part of the money for other services with GoDaddy and although 2 other customer service representatives approved it - this manager went in and denied it indicating they would only allow me to move to a more expensive plan - I was not allowed to have a credit on file for the 2.5 years of unused hosting in my 3 year prepaid plan ($3000.00 or SSL certificate which did not work from the first day they added it). I had to leave their hosting to get my site back up and running and to remove the stress and time wasted on calls with them trying to fix it - and since leaving without adding or removing anything from the site design, plugins or coding my site is working 100% of the time at less than 5 seconds to load (more than 25 seconds to load with GoDaddy) and I have been with the new host for almost 1 year now with zero downtime.

GoDaddy review by Avinash S.
Avinash S.

"Godaddy is one of the best choice for domain registration."

What do you like best?

I have used the domain registration facility by Godaddy. Buying domain is pretty easy and fast process. Their DNS servers are fast. They give you reminder before your domain is expiring. My first domain purchased through godaddy was www.theavinashsingh.com and I am really happy with their service. I have recommended many of my colleagues and they appreciated my choice.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the hosting service myself as I use the hosting service of different provider but many of my friends have said that the hosting service of Godaddy is just above average. Their tools are not the best one, the website builder has a poor UI/UX and it takes a little more time than normal to get the changes running on the website.

I am using Godaddy to register for domain names and also recently I have purchased Business Email. There customer service is very much friendly and they are always ready to solve my problem as quick as they can.

GoDaddy review by Holly W.
Holly W.

"I wish I had better things to say... "

What do you like best?

I like the robust all-in-one for your domain and hosting needs. I liked when I was on a company plan level and had a dedicated support/account representative.

What do you dislike?

It's not even kind of user friendly. It takes way to many clicks to get anywhere. The pop-ups and upsales make me feel harassed. Some of the pictures are pretty strange too... If you don't have an account representative, count on waiting quite a while to get any support - but realize that you're going to have quite a few voicemails from their sales team trying to upsale you on products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an all in one package, but it's affordable for a reason and they don't make it easy. It's like they want you to have to contact support so they can up-sale to you. The interesting part about that catch is that it's really hard to get ahold of their support. It's also extremely frustrating and their hold music is terrible.

Domains, SSLs, hosting. The benefit is that it's something I know which makes it easier to get through.

GoDaddy review by SheriLynne H.
SheriLynne H.

"It's okay - not good, not great"

What do you like best?

I was sort of forced into GoDaddy when I moved our NPO website from one platform to another, but it's worked out okay so far.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy is a corporate company. They put their own profit ahead of everything else. I mean, it's the American way, so I really can't complain about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework before choosing a domain provider. Some will offer really cheap domain prices, and then jack up the price every year. Read reviews about customer service, etc. You have options, so choose the best fit for your needs.

I was transferring our NPO website from one platform to another, and since the original host used GoDaddy for the domain, I was kind of stuck with GoDaddy. It's okay - it would have been horribly expensive to get the same domain from another provider, so I'm just running with it.

GoDaddy review by Omar L.
Omar L.

"This is the cheapest domain provider I´ve found"

What do you like best?

I think that GoDaddy is a service which is really easy to use: I enjoy buying domains from it, because if I register a domain with them for more than 2 years, the first year is really cheap (around a dollar). I also enjoy it´s simple panel, which allows me to connect my domain with my hosting provider almost immediately, by only copying and pasting the domain adresses that I can find in the DNS panel. All in all, GoDaddy is an efficient and simple service, which is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like about GoDaddy is that it can be nightmare to use if it´s your first time: the first time I started buying my first domain from GoDaddy more than a year ago, and everything started working great. Nonetheless, after a month, I was asked for many, many documents to prove my identity, and as I shared all the docouments, except for one, my domain stopped working. I could solve this issue, but it took me more than a month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Godaddy is very reliable and easy to use. Bur I also think that using GoDaddy can become a nightmare when they block your domain name because they require even more documents than I asked for. I´d say that if you want a cheap and reliable service, and have all of your documents available (Gov ID, Driver´s license, billing adress sheet, etc.), then go for it.

Every business in the whole world can use a website to increase the reputation, it doesn´t matter if it´s my own house business in my basement, or a big enterprise, evreryone need a website. And in order to have a website, I need a domain name, and this is where GoDaddy helps me: I can get a domain name so that I can start creating a website with a cool name.

GoDaddy review by Joshua R.
Joshua R.

"Great for domains"

What do you like best?

I love having all of my domains in 1 spot at a decent price. The GUI has changed some but its still decently easy to make the updates needed to my domain information. I also love how easy it is to transfer domains from 1 account to another. All you need is the new owners email address and GoDaddy will take it from there!

What do you dislike?

The Go-Daddy Website Builder is complete crap, even by standards of completely novice users wanting to do some very basic simple things you would expect a website to have. For email I would recommend Google Console, for the price and the features I feel your money would be better spend there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a new domain or your looking for a new domain management console then I would recommend flipping the switch to GoDaddy. If migrating they will keep the DNS settings that are currently set for the old registrar so it should be pretty seamless. Stay away from the other products without first reviewing them AND the competition.

GoDaddy does 1 thing really well, Domains. It is easy to manage a large list of domains with plenty of information provided to make it easy to get the work you need to do done efficiently. When dealing with customers that you manage a domain for there are multiple services allowing them basic access to things without releaving complete administrative control.

GoDaddy review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Pretty simple to use and usually fast enough"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and integration with Wordpress. It's very simple to build Wordpress websites on this platform. They make it very easy to set it up with the host so you don't have to do any of the heavy lifting. GoDaddy is trusted and integrates well wit pretty much everything. I also like that you can now more easily change the DNS settings. This used to be a hassle but is fine now. GoDaddy isn't improving as fast as I would like, but they are getting better and better each year, so it is hard to complain much.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that their backend is sometimes difficult to navigate. Some of the website is modern and newer, while other parts are pretty old. There aren't simple links anywhere either. It sometimes takes at 6-7 clicks to get somewhere and that is too many, in my opinion. It should be more simple to navigate. The website seems too cluttered and busy in places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very needed platform. Since it is very well-known, it integrates pretty well with everything.

We use GoDaddy for our hosting and domains. We also use the email forward feature, which comes in handy. Websites are essential to running a business nowadays, so this is a good place to host that. Every company is now going online, so this is definitely the present and the future of commerce.

GoDaddy review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"More than just domain names"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is pretty much the one stop shot when registering a website, and they've done an amazing job building around that. If you want or need, they can handle everything from simply registering a domain name for you, to providing a business phone number, server hosting, email services, and even offer a discount on Microsoft Office 365 when registering through them.

What do you dislike?

As with most online serives and products these days, where they try to make their money is with added services like SSL implementation, email services, website building tools, and so on. Often times these addes services are offered at a discount for the first month, or free for the first month as a trial. Your payment information is already on file. Pay attention to what you're agreeing to and signing up for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to shop around. GoDaddy may be the biggest name, but that doesn't always mean they are the cheapest at what they do. Often times, they are. Know what you're signing up for. That domain name might only be one dollar right now, but it will need to be renewed eventually. If you don't need extra products or services then don't agree to them, especially if they are free trials that will begin charging you after a month. Stay smart when shopping for online services.

As with most customers, I use the domain name registration services for my websites. While I don't use any of the offered additional services or products, such as a discounted Office 365 subscription, I do always keep it in mind for when I need to look into things such as that.

GoDaddy review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"GoDaddy has been a very good hosting company for me and my clients"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the control panel along with the support they provide. Anytime I come across an issue or problem the support team is quick to answer all my questions and do the best they can to solve my problems. Their interface displaying all the different products under your account is easy to navigate and view exactly what you have.

What do you dislike?

The shared hosting servers can be slow at times, but other than that no other dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to medium size business and looking for a hosting company that provides great support at a reasonable cost Godaddy is for you. The support is top notch and the products they are offer are of a top level.

GoDaddy allows me to quickly purchase domains, add to hosting and get a website up quickly. Since most of the websites are WordPress the quick one click install makes setting up a WordPress website quick and painless.

GoDaddy review by Austin T.
Austin T.

"Does what I need, for a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of setting up your domain name and / or hosting for you website. I have also been in contact with customer support a few times, which has always been a pleasant and successful experience. I have attempted to use other domain and hosting services, but haven't found any other that comes to par with GoDaddy's ease of use and supreme customer support.

What do you dislike?

Theres not really anything that I dislike! Perhaps pricing for hosting could be a bit cheaper. There are many other services out there that offer cheaper hosting subscriptions, but I think what you're paying for with GoDaddy is worth it, with the quality it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for for ease of use and quality support, you can't go wrong with GoDaddy

GoDaddy offers easy to set up domains and hosting for our websites.

GoDaddy review by Tim P.
Tim P.

"Managed Wordpress and Domain Registration a breeze"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, simplicity of structure, and especially the automatic wordpress patching/upgrading.

What do you dislike?

First year pricing is very competitive, but renewal pricing is much higher. Would have appreciated them to be a bit better balanced, or a more straightforward long-term ricing model. I also would love to have the option to use externally issued SSL certificates with the managed hosting option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to keep an eye on prices and deals when signing up, but, more importantly, take note of the long-term pricing and carefully consider whether or not it is the best value for the service provided. Then, if you decide to go with GoDaddy for your services, you can consider the first-year/term discount as an added perk.

Simple web site hosting and domain registration/management. GoDaddy provides all DNS features that I need in a simple interface. The managed Wordpress implementation has saved countless hours of maintenance and tracking updates.

GoDaddy review by Rick K.
Rick K.

"GoDaddy: Good registrar for most, good hosting for some"

What do you like best?

I like GoDaddy's domain name registration. They will sell the first year very cheaply. If you have many domains, you can purchase membership in their domain name club which allows you to re-register at a discount (currently $8.49 per year). If you have one or two domains, renewals are somewhat more, like every other registrar I've known. Also, the GoDaddy knowledge base is good, support is pretty good, and their tools are pretty well designed. If you are a novice with nobody to guide you, this is a good company to get started with.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy does not make free HTTPS using LetsEncrypt as painless as some other hosting companies. It is possible to automate, but as of this writing you'll have to search the web for instructions, and be willing and able to set up your own scripts. GoDaddy sells certificates that compete with the free LetsEncrypt certificates, so they probably believe they have motive to keep this difficult at present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a beginner without guidance, I believe the good help documents, good support, and well-designed website make this a reasonable choice. If you are on a budget, try to use the free LetsEncrypt certificate for HTTPS instead of paying GoDaddy, but you might need help setting that up (secure https is getting more important thanks to some Google initiatives). If you are not on a budget it might not be worth the hassle to save $100 or so per year at first. If you are experienced you might want to use GoDaddy as your domain name registrar, but you might want to check around for hosting that allows you more access at a lower price.

I register domains with GoDaddy. I have used their hosting but am in the process of moving to a cheaper, more user-friendly hosting environment.

GoDaddy review by Mariana I.
Mariana I.

"Best option for connecting and buying domains if you know nothing about it"

What do you like best?

I've used GoDaddy for two things: buying a new domain and transfering another and both actions were really easy even though I didn't know what I was doing.

The help they provide for transfering and buying is really useful for users like me that didn't know anything about domains.

Price is good, too. I feel like the security for my account is really good because they provide the customer number (don't even know why) and that make me feel sure of using GoDaddy. Also, they do not charge more or have ghost charges and I like that. The promos are good, too.

Connecting the domain with Wix was really easy and I am grateful.

What do you dislike?

Too much emails. I am now using only the service with my company and they send updates weekly, more or less, about the account. I may be able to deactivate that but haven't had the time to review it.

While the transfer, wasn't sure of the process.

They did not have the customer service chat when I needed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really a really complete company that can help anyone to get a domain, make a webpage, host it or to transfer a domain and connect it. Haven't tried the marketing tools but they may be good.. it is really good for having everything concetrated.

We previously had the domain with another company because that company also provided us the webpage but we migrated the webpage to Wix so I transfered the domain to GoDaddy because of the price and how easy is to connect the domain from GoDaddy to Wix.

GoDaddy review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"A Well Rounded Collection Of Products To Build Your Web Presence"

What do you like best?

They excel at being a domain registrar, providing comprehensive email service, some elegant web-based productivity software such as Microsoft Office 365 & Online Bookkeeping, and out-of-the-box WordPress solutions. One of my personal favorite features is the Pro Dashboard, which lets you easily manage & monitor your clients GoDaddy products, add analytics, security, and SEO tools to your sites, suggest new products to your clients and get rewarded with in-store credit if your clients purchase them.

The pricing is fair, and the customer support is excellent. Any issues I brought to their support team was quickly and thoroughly resolved with little to no headache. I've had them walk me through procedures which enabled me to get through tasks myself that I had previously needed them to do for me.

The domain and DNS management tool-set they provide is the best I've ever seen from any domain registrar. Making changes to your domains records, adding sub-domains, changing name servers, and all other domain configuration options can be very easily changed with very little challenge. Simple enough for new-comers and feature-rich enough veteran web-masters.

Another thing I enjoy about GoDaddy is that they offer promotions to their existing customers quite frequently.

What do you dislike?

The renewal and privacy charges and can be quite high for your domains compared to other domain registrars.

The website, hosting, and security products fall short in in terms of configurability and performance compared to many other service providers I've frequented who offer similar products at similar prices.

The user interface could provide more in ways on continuity. The appearance and navigation changes some-what drastically from section to section which becomes annoying very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in need of domains, email provisions, and/or web based office and bookkeeping solutions then it's simply one of the best experiences at some of the best prices you could hope for.

Additionally, if you work with numerous clients who use GoDaddy products, then it's worth it to have an account with GoDaddy as well, as it allows you to easily manage your clients products from a centralized dashboard.

Finally, GoDaddy takes care of it's loyal customers by providing them exclusive promotional sales and discount codes.

Whenever I need a domain and/or email services, I turn to GoDaddy. The price for these services has saved me time and money.

GoDaddy review by Donald W.
Donald W.

"A decent value for web hosting"

What do you like best?

They can easily handle DNS, add name servers and sign up for email. Lots of features are in most plans. The setup and tutorials so simple that even if I am a tech novice, I can get up and running without too much trouble.

What do you dislike?

You are a bit limited with templates. There is not much customization possible with the templates. For some products, they tend to give them a very low price, but don't necessarily offer the quality you'd get for the same product at another hosting company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you want a basic web host from a reputable company that can help you with problems, then GoDaddy is good choice. I'd stay away from them if you want more complicated web developments or the fastest servers.

We were able to host a basic website for a relatively low price. We had customer service that was easy to access whenever we had issues. GoDaddy gave us tools for us to manage our web services on our own. We never experienced any major security issues while using GoDaddy, so that was great.

GoDaddy review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"Love GoDaddy but... just the Domains !! "

What do you like best?

Godaddy offers a great and easy way to buy domains, just love that part. You can make easy changes to the DNS or some other settings. All the options and extensions available for domains are awesome and hard to find elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

The hosting services for me are so bad, they are slow and want to charge for everything beware of that when buying something, cause the offer a lot of extras. The support is terrible only by phone and you get in there stuck a lot of hours. The interface is somewhat confusing for beginners a lot of clicks to get the point. And specially when you ae buying

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only their domains, don´t go for hosting. You will suffer is something goes wrong as the support is bad and the servers are generally slow. Buy domains with a great price and host it elsewhere you will be so happy

Buying domains for my websites. Usually their domains are at a very good price and very easy to shop so thats my favorite part

GoDaddy review by Soham V.
Soham V.

"Domain Booking | GoDaddy"

What do you like best?

It allows us to purchase and configure any domain pretty quickly compared to other domain registration sites. The number of steps which we have to go through to register on GoDaddy is significantly lesser.

What do you dislike?

The prices keep fluctuating on Godaddy. This is the worst feature of it. For the same domain, I had to pay increased price when I tried to purchase it the next day!

Also, the customer support isn't that great!

We use it for business website registrations as well as business emails from our own custom domain. It is easy to access multiple domains on GoDaddy. They are well organized and accessible. All businesses want to go online so Godaddy is used in most of the domain registrations for them

GoDaddy review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Easy Peasy "

What do you like best?

I like that I know very little about designing a website but their customer service team walked me through each step of getting everything in order for my business. They set me up with what I needed and I have not had any problems.

What do you dislike?

I purchased a website domain and since it was hosted by another website through go-daddy there were fees associated with moving my domain into a go-daddy only account. That was frustrating because I thought I was just with them! I do wish they would provide more tools to boosting website domains in search engines etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their customer support team is excellent and will walk you through each step!

I am able to host my business website without problems. We can update content easily!

GoDaddy review by Julia C.
Julia C.

"Only Web Hosting Service You Need"

What do you like best?

The customer service at GoDaddy is amazing. Honestly, I don't think I have experienced such great, timely service from any customer service in any field in my entire life. Consistently the promptness and helpfulness of GoDaddy's phone support blows me away. When one of our sites was hacked, GoDaddy had fixed the issue, increased security, and returned all previous content within 20 minutes of us making the call. I will be a lifelong customer.

What do you dislike?

The GoDaddy website is a bit tricky to use. Everything seems straightforward but I find myself looking for the right area to find the right information for much longer than I'd expect. Unlike almost every vendor and platform, I think the phone support is sincerely easier than the self-service website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the old commercials turned me off from GoDaddy originally, its 24/7 customer service makes it the right choice for web hosting.

I use GoDaddy for web hosting and domain registration. They even helped the first site be transferred from a previous platform in minutes over the phone.

GoDaddy review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Affordable Domains"

What do you like best?

Searching for a domain name that best suit my business was necessary. Having Godaddy give me the best price and also suggestions to different domains really helped me in choosing what I wanted. I like the layout that shows you all the domains that you own. There are features that I haven't used that I know others would love like being able to hire web developers or being able to create a unique email address according to your domain name.

What do you dislike?

Some of the domains were already taken which is frustrating of course. But it was somewhat difficult to see how I could go about buying the domain from others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only recommendation is to make it easier to negotiate prices with those who already own a domain you want to use. I think it helps with bidding wars to allow a feature like this. It also helps those who like to collect domains so they can easily sell that domain to another person but at the right price.

I have a selling account on Etsy and it is really difficult to funnel all traffic to your shop only. Having a separate domain/website for your items only, really helps set you apart from the rest!

GoDaddy review by Dario C.
Dario C.

"Dummies proof"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is specially design for newbies with enough power to be used for professionals. It takes only 5 minutes to have a domain in your pocket. Also the process for SSL certificates is dummies proof. Problems? They have a chat willing to help you anytime!

What do you dislike?

It seems they have 2 or 3 account look and feel. Is like sometimes is a website, sometimes is another one. You have to pay attention in order to dont make any mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's really easy to setup everything. I can't find any other solution to manage all you domain related stuff

We buy at least 2 or 3 domains every month. GoDaddy is like the amazon of domains. All is needed is Search, add to the cart and you are done. So simple. We save a lot of time buying domains and doing all the admin related procedures in just one place.

GoDaddy review by Frances K.
Frances K.

"Get's the job done!"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is straight forward with prices and services and is my go to for web hosting. The price is reasonable for the service provided. My experience with canceling and transferring domains and hosting for clients was very simple and quick. Their were no hoops to jump through and it was easy to navigate to the account manager.I recently transferred a website for a client and everything was finished within 10 minutes.

I get an email notification every time my hosting is renewed.

What do you dislike?

The web hosting email had some kinks when I first started using GoDaddy as my website hosting provider. I was having trouble forwarding my emails to my main business email. After missing a few emails I tried to resubmit my request for forwarding and have not had an issue after that. The actual checkout on the website seemed like a longer process then it needed to be. With automatic renewal on my account I haven't had to deal with this issue since the first time I purchased my domain and web hosting. The automatic renewal makes up for the extra questions being asked when first signing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with GoDaddy is with smaller and simple business websites and I would recommend this product for that purpose.

I use GoDaddy for domain registration and website hosting for my personal website and recommend it to clients if they prefer having easy access to their account and enable them to make changes on their own.

GoDaddy review by Alexandra C.
Alexandra C.

"Not sure if confusing or I'm just not tech-y enough; overall Good"

What do you like best?

I like how they simplify things; when I wanted to connect my domain to my website, it was easy and simplified on GoDaddy's end (as opposed to the complexity of SquareSpace where my sight is hosted). I also LOVED my customer service experience. I was really struggling because I could not login or access my account for a long time, but the chat feature on Go Daddy's site was helpful and they were able to reset it very quickly. Also like the price - not too expensive.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike. What was confusing, however, is the username vs "email on file" vs customer number vs "domain on file" - that can be very annoying especially since I am prone to forgetting things and trying to recover passwords, usernames, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, would recommend. Seems to be a relatively inexpensive option for getting a custom domain.

I am using Go Daddy for my personal photography business. I just started using it so I do not understand most terms like bandwidth and other technical things but so far I am loving having my own unique domain for my website and it seems to be everything I need.

GoDaddy review by Catherine P.
Catherine P.

"Great website builder, easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Everything is on a panel and it is explained very easily, so much so that even when I was a newbie, I could start without too many growing pains. Over the years, I constantly went back to GoDaddy for new domains again and again because they are very easy to use. There are many equipment functions and you can add the menu according to your needs. Google Analytics can be integrated with the page. Very good tool for website design, it looks nice and updated with "the times". Trusting that it would work as well as its previous software, I did. He worked very fast, I built it in a very short time.

What do you dislike?

None so far. Perhaps the only thing I could say is that if you are an expert user and you know programming, it can be a tool that prevents you from making advanced configurations. In my case in particular, after a while I changed the settings of my website SEO for another tool, since I wanted to have more control on how to customize my site and measure the conversions of organic traffic to my website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it to start with your website. In case it is not very clear which design to implement in your site, you can also find a great help to use this software, since it will recommend different topics and you can adapt them in a very simple way to your needs.

We have been able to create custom pages for special events using their website development software very quickly.

GoDaddy review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"A bit behind the times, but still a decent value"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is one of the leading domain registrars and hosting providers, which makes me feel confident about using them. I know that there is a certain amount of accountability involved with being such a large company. If something does go wrong, I know there are going to be people out there that will put pressure on them to improve things. About GoDaddy's services, I think they have a lot of the tools most small businesses will need to get a quality website up and running. They have very affordable hosting plans that can cost around $5 per month. They have lots of features including web builders, email accounts, installed programming languages, FTP options and web applications like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy can often be slow compared to other similarly-priced hosting providers. This is especially true of their shared hosting plans. They tend to be slow at updating programming languages like PHP and MySQL. I'll sometimes design a WordPress site locally and then upload it to my hosting account on GoDaddy and have many features not work. Plugins might be broken or certain parts of data won't transfer over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend GoDaddy if you have a site that isn't going to have a lot of visitors. If you do plan to have a lot of activity on your website, and it's a WordPress website, then you may want to go with another hosting provider like SiteGround or Bluehost. Those companies have hosting plans that are specialized in WordPress installs. GoDaddy has similar WordPress hosting plan now, but they're still not up to par with other companies at the moment.

With GoDaddy, I'm able to have a hosting provider with a very familiar interface with lots of the standard features I'd expect from a domain registrar and hosting provider. The customer service is pretty good and willing to help. Even if the person I'm talking to doesn't have a solution for my problem, they can get other people and resources to help fix your problem. It may not be the best hosting provider, but it's a safe option and very affordable.

GoDaddy review by User in Internet

"Great for New Users, Individuals or Less Tech Savvy Users, Not The Best for Consultants or Advanced"

What do you like best?

Really nice people work there and have got to know many of them when attending conferences they put on and have invited me to. They also have a great office environment, if you ever have the opportunity to visit one of their offices, or even work for them, great environment and people.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately a lot. Pricing is a big thing. I know, you think their prices are great, but compare what you get for the price with competitors and in most cases there is no comparison. Support is ok, but not great. They have several levels of support and you always are sent to level 1 which can only do basic stuff. Anything more advanced has to be escalated. But at level 1 you have to be careful. We've had at least 2 occasions where the support rep completely disabled a client website and was offline for a full business day and other occasions where the rep just didn't understand or would not admit it was a Godaddy issue (which it was every time). They don't like to admit when they are wrong or it's their fault. The customer control panel is buggy and clunky and at least once or twice a week would have issues that caused me not to be able to renew a domain, update DNS or transfer a domain. They are now (finally) in beta with a new control panel, but it's still 'clunky' and the UI (design) is not the best for me. Everything is so BIG and spaced out and often slow to load (funny for a hosting company!), where I prefer everything to be neat, tightly laid out and fast. Also, as of the last few years, we have to pay to get discounted pricing on domains, regardless of volume, new policy. Because of all these issues, I've been moving all our domains to a competitor which by the way doesn't charge for the privilege of discounting and give discounts based on volume, which we do, and have a very clean, fast and very responsive and fast support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to register a few domains or host 1-2 sites, I highly recommend them. If you run a larger business or manage websites and domains for clients, look elsewhere, they are not a good option in my experience.

We have been a customer with Godaddy for 15 years and are grateful for their help with our domain registrations. We have grown our portfolio with Godaddy and have been able to buy and sell domains through their system.

GoDaddy review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"Good registrar"

What do you like best?

Go Daddy is the first domain registrar I used. They offer great initial deals. You can't beat $1 domains. Their system is easy to use and manage your domains. You can almost always find a promo code or a company promotion going on. I've found domain management and transferring domains very simple and effective with Go Daddy. Our company at one time had hundreds of domains registered with Go Daddy.

What do you dislike?

My main issue is the renewal prices are more expensive. The privacy protection prices are also higher than I want and higher than other registrars. They are also making you purchase for 2 year lengths in order to get the promos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best and biggest domain registrars. I've never hosted sites with them though. My only issue with them is the pricing on renewals and privacy protection.

They offer a simple way to register and manage domains. Works great. Almost no issues with them. They have really good information provided to help you set everything up.

GoDaddy review by Stephanie M. C.
Stephanie M. C.

"Great support for a complicated service!"

What do you like best?

Despite some "off-beat" branding, GoDaddy provides tried-and-true products that are easy to set-up and fit all business needs for a website. The best part is their customer service. I had a Frankenstein-style project with questions that couldn't be answered from a simple forum. Calling GoDaddy was not only a helpful experience but... fun! A real human talks to you on the phone and explains everything in simple terms. This alone completely changed my perspective on GoDaddy and I would encourage anyone to consider them for website needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some pages that send me in loops, especially when I'm trying to solve a problem on my own. For example, some of the SSL set-up drives you in circles, when you ultimately need to purchase a certificate through GoDaddy (not initially explained). Also, some of the verification pages send you back and forth between forum help and "Verification In Progress" screens. This is a little frustrating but, as mentioned earlier, the customer service explains any questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there are hosting problems you are trying to solve, definitely look twice at GoDaddy. It's easy to work with multiple team members and assign access.

Unlike a lot of users, we are not using GoDaddy to host our website, but manage our site. Internally at my company, our site is hosted; and we use a WordPress CMS for site editors/marketing. GoDaddy is the go-between product that makes all of this possible (manage hosting our site). By allowing marketing to edit through WordPress, they don't get confused on back-end systems; and also keeps IT focused on set-up rather than monitoring design/marketing questions.

GoDaddy review by Samantha N.
Samantha N.

"Great service and price."

What do you like best?

As everyone already knows for sure, GoDaddy has the lowest prices almost always. I registered my Economy web hosting through an affiliate link and it only cost me $ 1 / month the first year. You will not find anything like that for the price and the features it has. Godaddy uses "cPanel" - in other words, his own customized version of cPanel. If it's your first time staying, I do not think you care because you'll get used to it very quickly. I tried the standard cPanel but I liked the GoDaddy version much more. It looks more organized and it is easier to find things.

What do you dislike?

Support - this is what GoDaddy fails. Their representatives do not seem to know much about lodging. As a beginner, I learned most, if not all, of hosting, WP, SQL databases, etc. from Google or YouTube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Godaddy is a great solution for domain registration.

Holding domain names and providing DNS for each of them.

GoDaddy review by Randy L.
Randy L.

"Go Daddy - Go Central"

What do you like best?

I like they suggest domain names. I really like the Go Central with website building and email. I was scared to create an email. Go central made is a snap!!

What do you dislike?

I have bought a ton of stuff from them and I always give them a review. They flood me with coupons to buy but NEVER honor them, I NEVER qualify for whatever reason. Plus every time you are on the phone with them to ask a simple question, they are trying to upsell me something. It makes me not want to call in at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to tell them you have a coupon AFTER they give you a final price. If the even honor it at all. I have spent close to $1,000 with them and they have never honored the "coupons" they spam out for reviews.

I can control my websites content and I can change it everyday. I am still trying to figure out the email.

GoDaddy review by Amber G.
Amber G.

"Just say NO!"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy has a terrific marketing department who has done well to promote the services. The fact that a user can purchase both the domain and hosting in one location makes GoDaddy seem like the perfect solution.

What do you dislike?

Everything about GoDaddy is about them up-selling you. My websites were constantly down or crashing because of "too much traffic". (I can assure you that my websites did not receive that much traffic, much to my chagrin). Whenever I needed to call in to get my services back up and running, GoDaddy's support was more interested in having me upgrade to another plan in order for my website to get back up and running. Or they would try to tell me I NEEDED another service added on to my plan. The sales tactics are cheap and exhausting to deal with when as a small start-up, I'm stretched to my limits already by the time I call in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, as there are other host companies. You may need to purchase your domain from somewhere and hosting services from another place, but it is worth it. GoDaddy has some of the worst customer service and technical support I have ever experienced. I have colleagues who have had worse experiences than myself, so this isn't just one experience.

Aside from still having one domain registered with GoDaddy., none I switched from GoDaddy to a new service and have not experienced a single problem since. (It has been 3 years)

GoDaddy review by Anna K.
Anna K.

"Godaddy Go! "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the availability of service agents to help when I have a question. All service staff have been knowledgable and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

When I was originally buying the product, I ended up buying more things than I needed. I am now paying for two hosting sites and linking my go daddy account to that. I don't know if go daddy has an easy way to create a website, or if I need to continue to pay for the double hosting, since I already paid for go daddy for ten years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would have more info about ways to use your site, hosting, etc. especially now that sites like squarespace and six are available to create the site. Do you have a way to do that as well, so people don't accidentally pay for double hosting like i currently am.

I am able to create a professional website that is easy to manage.

GoDaddy review by Bogdan P.
Bogdan P.

"Great for those new to the web hosting game"

What do you like best?

I like that GoDaddy stays competitive with their pricing. I rarely find a domain that is higher priced on GoDaddy than other sites. It's also rad to have all my domains in the same place! Their shared hosting is pretty decent for when you are just starting out with your first site.

What do you dislike?

Their user interface is pretty dated and not always the most intuitive. It can also be a pain to transfer your domain to a different host.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want total control over your website, I'd look elsewhere, but if you just need a place to host a Wordpress site this is definitely a provider to consider!

I mainly just use GoDaddy to handle a couple of my older side projects' domains.

GoDaddy review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.

"Simple routing and pointers, cost-effective constrained hosting"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy makes hosting look easy and they streamline the process when getting your account established. Their online interface is easy to work with, domain pointing cheap, web hosting affordable, and services appear easy to use. I still use the for domain pointing. GoDaddy is one of the industry standards and amazingly is the number one host that I seem to encounter my customers being subscribed to and using.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy however has a history of holding sites hostage, limiting access, and utilizing sub-standard practices to get customers to continually pay for their accounts. There are flaws with this that causes many issues in web development especially when you are a web developer servicing a client's site at GoDaddy. It is because of GoDaddy's practices of usurping ownership of domains is why I don't recommend them to my customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about GoDaddy, I would research their models and read the reviews online. Some are dedicated to them others have their lists of issues.

The benefits of GoDaddy has been that of simplicity, cost, and streamlined routing of domain names. I do credit them with success in that manner. Therefore for clients that don't mind having a web host in charge of their domains and files, GoDaddy is an easy solution for managing their sites. To each their own, some clients don't mind this and therefore in those situations, I put customers who can work with GoDaddy's control structure as housed there.

GoDaddy review by Rabecca A.
Rabecca A.

"Easy to set up web pages."

What do you like best?

My client wanted two websites so there was a bit a work getting them to work they way she wanted. Going through the GoDaddy process made it simple and easy to maintain.

What do you dislike?

I would like better help menus to find exactly what I am looking for. Some of the items were under sections I wouldn't normally have looked under for cnames and such.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to get your website live. Pricing is pretty inexpensive as well, so keeping your domain for many years is doable. They even have an auto option so you don't lose your domain when the original time period ends.

Easily creating and maintaining websites for clients.

GoDaddy review by Richard W.
Richard W.

"My GoDaddy Experience"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy.com is a wonderful website application for solving a host of business and personal website hosting issues! I love it! So many features including SSL and WordPress and a great website builder program that makes it super easy to get a site up and running. GoDaddy is very inexpensive as well and they always have great deals for site hosting.. sometimes at $7.99 a month.. in December it was $1 a month with a 12 month agreement. My favorite feature is the ability to use whatever FTP software you wish to use for uploading your custom files. Some other hosting companies force you to use their web-based software only, while GoDaddy gives you the flexibility of using your own FTP client. They also have 24 hour support with very friendly customer support reps. I also really appreciate their support for Microsoft SQL as well as MySQL!

What do you dislike?

The downfall is that a lot of times, their help documentation is out of date and their first tier customer support isn't as technical as I'd like.. but that may be my personal downfall because I consider myself very technical and have higher-than-normal expectations. So, I'll google godaddy help topics and get google results, but then I'll go to the results and they're always for an older version of godaddy pages. Then I'll go to godaddy directly with the search and still get results referring to old versions of godaddy pages. Maybe by now they've fixed that issue.. I haven't had to get technical support in quite a few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have very friendly and mostly helpful customer support reps, very eager to assist and help solve problems. They also have inexpensive hosting options making doing business with them quite pleasurable.

The business problems I've solved are very inexpensive website hosting for my church which doesn't bring in a lot of money. We've been able to create custom pages for special events using their website development software very quickly.

GoDaddy review by Kayla B.
Kayla B.

"Painless --- which makes it a winner"

What do you like best?

I like that GoDaddy makes everything really simple. Whether you're a technology whiz, or a newbie trying to launch your first domain, it's very easy to search to see if your top pick is available, and they do a good job of explaining what the additions are --- as well as how much they would cost to add to your cart before checkout.

What do you dislike?

I wish that your information was automatically private. Instead, you have to click a box to make sure your information is unavailable to the public. I didn't notice that the first time and my information was public for about 3 hours. But that's all it took to get my phone number and email on all kinds of sales lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used GoDaddy to register my first business name, and when I got married, I used it to register a new domain with my married name. I've had zero issues with usability or payment, and I don't have any reason to consider using a different service. It's been painless, which is what I want when it comes to purchasing domain names.

It solved my need to get a domain up and running --- sooner rather than later. I needed to launch before I thought I would, and it took a few hours to go from nothing to having a full-blown site ready to go. It really couldn't have been easier, which is great. The last thing you want to worry about when you're running a business is whether or not you have issues with your server. The fewer things like that I have to worry about, the more I can focus on pouring into my clients.

GoDaddy review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"(Mostly) Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The ease of the drag and drop platform allows anyone that does not have the slightest technical background to create professional and aesthetically pleasing websites . The ability to add links and pictures easily. The price is very reasonable for what you get and they are constantly giving you promos.

What do you dislike?

The site glitches a lot such as not allowing me to save my work or publish my site, things will come unlocked and move around on the page so it comes up looking funky. Sometimes the mobile site is not accessible. Problems are usually very quickly resolved though with a quick online-chat with a GoDaddy member so their customer service is top notch in fixing issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of website building sites out there now that meet the different requirements of different kinds of businesses. For us, having multiple locations and multiple departments in each location, GoDaddy Website Builder and Workspace Email (so we could have several email addresses) was the best fit for us.

Having an online presence in general is necessary for any business these days, no matter how small. We have many forms on our page and as a pharmacy, the GoDaddy website builder has allowed us to include a refill app right on our site that links right to our prescription filling system which is a lifesaver for many of our patients that are on the go.

GoDaddy review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Best Hosting Platform & Superior Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

I have used Godaddy for many years, hosting multiple WP sites. The ease of use and the variety of products GoDaddy offers is unparalleled. The website builder is easy to use and customer support is the best!

What do you dislike?

The prices can be a bit high, but when you're in business, you need the proper tools to get the work done efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Godaddy if you are looking for a reliable hosting platform for business or personal use. The customer service is very responsive and extremely helpful and patient. If you think the prices are a bit high, simple go to Google and look Godaddy coupon codes. There are always several which will give you a great discount.

I am able to solve business problems by hosting my blog on Godaddy to deliver content marketing. I am also able to host my digital courses on their platform. If you are looking to create a personal brand, you are also able to buy a domain with your personal name or business name.

GoDaddy review by Kara H.
Kara H.

"Godaddy Provides Great Overall Service"

What do you like best?

I've been working with Godaddy for over 10 years now and have been happy with their prices, services, and support. I'm a reseller for them and refer most of my clients to their services. I use CPanel, Managed WordPress, SSL, domain services, and more. It's great that I can call them 24x7 and I've talked to many great people on their support staff. Their system is fairly simple to use once you're familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes response times could be better with their support, but it depends on the time of day and time of year. Some costs I think could still be a bit cheaper. There are a few other services I wish they offered with their reseller accounts. Speed should be much faster on their hosting accounts. I find page load speeds slower than they should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend as a great overall, reliable web hosting solution.

I use the Godaddy platform to provide my web clients with a secure, reasonable cost hosting, domain, and SSL solutions. These solutions include backups, restore, and account support.

GoDaddy review by Matej M.
Matej M.

"Good service but overpriced"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is a global provider of many website related services. They can even help you with additional services like marketing or SEO optimisation and such. You can get everything at one place so you don't have to wander around all of those different websites for different services.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to things I dislike about them it's hard to choose where to start. First of all, they are overpriced. They lure you in with a low-price deal for the first year of your domain subscription and hosting as well but then the prices they show you are just waaaay about the average cost for this kind of services. Second, communication with them is not always that easy. Many times I wasn't able to get in touch with them for hours. Third, their services don't work at some point and they just don't care. Once they gave us a free 3 months of webhosting services but that's it. No other compensations for their pricey services that just don't work many times in a year. I could go on and on but I don't want to get too mad today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's hard to say. Most of all, don't get lured in by their limited time offers.

We're using their domain and web hosting deal. It's good we can connect more domain to one hosting and manage it through one interface.

GoDaddy review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"GoDaddy is there for all of your Web needs."

What do you like best?

Go Daddy has a complete line of products and services to handle all of your web needs. You can obtain domain registration and web hosting and so much more to handle your internet needs. I found it easy to transfer an owned domain from another hosting service and get quick and detailed support.

Although I am currently doing my own web design, I know that GoDaddy has many web building programs, tools and design services if I find that I have the need and or wish to expand. They will do a custom logo and will set up a complete web store or eCommerce site for you and provide marketing help.

GoDaddy will also help you to purchase or sell a specific domain name. They also offer cash parking if you have a domain which you are currently not using.

You can obtain a dedicated IP, a dedicated or private server and they offer compete website security and certifications. They also monitor your site for outside hacking and intrusions. I was very happy when they alerted me of a potential problem with one of my sites.

Their list of products and services goes on and on and you can always be assured of getting 24/7 professional support.

What do you dislike?

their email service needs some improvement, especially on a smart phone. I often get delays and freezes and need to wait before I can continue with sending and receiving. This is especially prevalent when out of the country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are awesome people to deal with. It is such a great feeling that you can depend on them for support and advice no matter what the problem.

GoDaddy provides me with quality, fast, reliable and secure web hosting. Whenever I need to add, delete or move domains, they are there to assist and give advice. I greatly appreciate that and have never been let down by them as I have been by other hosting services.

GoDaddy review by Aaron H.
Aaron H.

"GoDaddy Gets it Done"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy offers low cost, highly available services for any systems administrator. I use GoDaddy for domain name registration and SSL certificates at both my home and for many work projects. I have been a customer with numerous other companies and after switching to GoDaddy, I realized how much money I had wasted in the past on more expensive services that offered no more security or reliability.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy has made great progress towards the biggest issues that concerned me in the past. I used to dislike their website and the lack of continuity between the billing and services sides of the website. For A great example was when activating and verifying your domain after getting a SSL certificate, it was next to impossible complete. Now these things are relatively easy and the website does not lock up when navigating as in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a coupon code when you sign up, and get the maximum amount of time available for the service. Even though the regular price is better then their competitor, they typically offer massive discounts for new customers to get you into the service.

Reliability was a major factor in choosing with GoDaddy. When making a decision, no matter how cheap, I require services that have zero downtime. GoDaddy has never failed to work and services have always propagated correctly for my sites.

GoDaddy review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"GoDaddy has viable options for consideration"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy has several reasonably priced options that make it a one-stop shop. You can register domains, manage DNS, and set up hosting or a Website Builder site for management. The have continuously improved interfaces for each.

Being able to have clients share access to their accounts without giving their account credentials is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

They have removed coupons in favor of their Discount Domain Club, so unless you have many domains, you can seldom save unless you are a new customer or catch certain sales.

Shared Hosting and Managed Hosting for specific apps like WordPress has it's own set of resource limitations, but this is the same issue with all shared hosting. If you are looking for higher resource usage, certain ports to be open, etc. then you need to look into VPS or other hosting.

Website Builder can help build sites fast, but you will be compromising convenience for control and flexibility. Of the many website builders out there, this falls around the middle. It is worth the value, but does leave much to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for domain and DNS management, GoDaddy is well worth consideration unless you can find better prices elsewhere.

GoDaddy support has been very responsive, but due to limitations of some of the products, there are limits to what they can ultimately help with. They can at least adequately answer questions or usually confirm any suspicions about limitations of the product that may not have been considered beforehand.

We are trying to solve managing as many client services in one area. Benefits of using GoDaddy include being able to have clients share their account access with us while still letting them have control and ownership of their own account.

GoDaddy review by Tim V.
Tim V.

"Great Customer Service with Virtually NO Downtime"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy products are easy to purchase and install. I have set up hosting accounts for numerous clients, added domain names and SSL certificates as needed, and guided a few clients through moving email accounts. GoDaddy's online interface is easy to use and, if you need to call customer support, they are friendly and helpful. At this point, I have my own "go to" person I can email and call with questions.

What do you dislike?

Since most of my clients are on the basic, economy hosting, it does seem like we get a lot of suggestion emails from GoDaddy telling us that we are using up our hosting resources and should upgrade. I am not sure how accurately true this is, but would say it is not true. Overall, GoDaddy's excellent products and service outweigh these suggestions.

Almost all of my clients are small businesses and cities, and they simply need a decent website, hosted on a platform that has no downtime. GoDaddy has fulfilled this demand for my clients for almost eight years. Knowing that my clients have peace of mind with a website we've created, and hosted on GoDaddy, is a benefit to our business.

GoDaddy review by Sergio S.
Sergio S.

"GoUse! - Great product"

What do you like best?

Being able to buy domains at a reasonable price. Costumer support is superb, They have the best call center. The call center is great, There is NO wait time and if there is they are very apologetic.

What do you dislike?

What i don't like about GoDaddy is the way the advertise they price. Just be upfront about how much it will cost. Don't try to lure people in with cheap prices then next year BOOM huge fat price tag on something you bought a year ago.

Some times they call you for no reason to sell you something, Im not a big fan of this.

Being able to buy and host my domains for my clients and personal use. Huge time saver, they do not mess around!

GoDaddy review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"GoDaddy, you get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

They have really helpful customer service. They are quick at answering questions. THeir dashboard is easy to navigate. They made it easy to transfer hosting services. They provide a lot of useful tools.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the introductory cost and then the massive hike in cost after the year. I also had some trouble with my website frequently being down. I had an issue once with my site that basically had a bug in the coding and they ultimately could not help me fix it, I ended up having to rebuild my site from scratch. I wish that they had provided better support, especially for those of us who are website dumb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would sign up for more then one year of service. If you only sign up for a year, the rate gets raised really high, really quickly and so the multiple year deal when you first sign up is the way to go even though it is intially much more costly.

They provided a hosting service for my website, so it allowed me to not have to figure out how to do that on my own. THey helped provide a go to spot for my customers.

GoDaddy review by Natalie P.
Natalie P.

"GoDaddy is a great choice for domains"

What do you like best?

I use GoDaddy as my domain registrar and refer them to all my clients. I get notifications every time my one of my domains is about to expire. They actually send several reminders so that you actually see it. This company is very affordable, too!

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of their hosting service. I have a few clients that have had major website issues while on their server. Also, the website builder is could be more user friendly and their customer wait time could be a bit shorter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best company to use to register your domains but do your research on what the best hosting would be for your actual website.

I love that GoDaddy has amazing customer service and try to always be helpful. I recently called them with a question and they gave me a great deal on renewing all my domains.

GoDaddy review by Jordan N.
Jordan N.

"GoDaddy is your trusted source for all things "Internet""

What do you like best?

I like that GoDaddy is a one-stop-shop for all things internet. .Com names, email accounts, website design, you name it. They have a product listing that compliments eachother no matter what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service and their attempt to constantly "UpSell" you. Goddaddy use to be a very simple and straightforward process to checkout, however lately it seems they are always pushing a new product or service at you, making me double check I have added only the correct things I wished to have purchased in my shopping cart prior to checkout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need top-tier support, I would recommend looking elsewhere. However if you know what you are doing and dont need much assistance, GoDaddy is a solid platform.

I have one location where I can check on all my domains and email accounts. They do offer some marketing products that I should also be looking into here soon.

GoDaddy review by Jim R.
Jim R.

"They're really great, but I can't help but feel there's something better..."

What do you like best?

Honestly, they're support is beyond amazing. I haven't had to call often, but whenever I need to speak with a sales rep or tech support, not only are they more than willing to help me with my problem, they go above to make sure it's resolved.

I love the convenience for having all of my clients' emails and hosting under one roof.

I also rather enjoy how everything is pro-rated, so if you sign up for 3years of hosting to lock in a low price, but then after a year decide to bail, they refund you what you didn't use, pretty sweet.

What do you dislike?

I can't help but feel cheated every time "renewal" time rolls around.

I know the company is more than willing to give it's new clients crazy discounts to get the im the door, but once you're in, the savings stop. They do offer bulk discounting, but it's nothing impressive and you have to lock-in for 5+ years.

At the end of it all, I know the support is there for what I need, but I can't help but feel I'm being taken to the cleaners as far as hosting fees for both web and email. I know there are cheaper options out there with the same "up-time guarantee", but just don't know which direction to go to.

GoDaddy CANNOT be the end all... can they?

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're a great company, and support is top notch. But best bang for the buck? I'd have to say probably not. Not a quarter goes by that I'm not looking through other providers such as 1&1 or HostGator, looking and hoping for a better deal.

I do find what I'm looking for, but then I can't help but worry about the support... so I guess I stay because I'm nervous another companies support and uptime wont match up to the Goliath GoDaddy.

I'm able to provide all of my clients with the proper hosting they need all under one roof.

From hosting to email support, I know GoDaddy's got my back.

GoDaddy review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"You'll love it. "

What do you like best?

I love we have full control over our website. We can log in and make changes whenever we want to.

What do you dislike?

Wish I was told I could have upgraded my website builder months ago. It's important to have the latest and greatest with a website. Also the customer service reps could have more tech knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Godaddy won't let you down. If you have to manage your own website and not have to worry about coding this is the product for you.

Every business should have a website. It's a must in 2018. Go daddy gives you all the tools to build and manage your website.

GoDaddy review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"GoDaddy brings great value to a domain name registration business."

What do you like best?

Being a startup, you always have multiple things on your to do list, and some things can really take a back seat. GoDaddy has proactively supported us not just on the renewal cycles, but other services such as SSL certificates, emails, etc. GoDaddy agents call you, and take you through their products and how it can help you at various stages of your startup. We we just started a few years back, GoDaddy agent had proactively called us and told us about the SSL certificates that we would require in a few months time. Within 6 months we did require it and GoDaddy was our first choice. They took us through the entire process, and made it extremely easy for us to deploy it on our Azure cloud platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish the discount coupons, once in a while are also available for renewals!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them, they would proactively support you as your needs grow.

Domain Names, SSL, email service has been every easy to setup and administer.

GoDaddy review by Victor T.
Victor T.

"Great Service and Reliable Web Hosting "

What do you like best?

GoDaddy has great customer service and their staff is always friendly and willing to help. They also have an easy to use user interface compared to other web hosting companies. I also like that they have a portal where you can manage your Wordpress site.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't say anything I dislike because I haven't run into any issues yet with GoDaddy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give GoDaddy a try, they are the largest web hosting/Domain company out there so they will make sure you are taken care of.

I just use GoDaddy for hosting my website. I currently only have 1 website that I host on there. I also bought my domain name through GoDaddy so everything was quick to set up.

GoDaddy review by Kayleigh H.
Kayleigh H.

"Great for web hosting!"

What do you like best?

They make it really easy and straightforward to host my Wordpress account. Within minutes I had my domain and Wordpress account set up. They handle all the updates to my website for me. It's affordable and reliable. I've never had any issues with their hosting.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints so far and I've used GoDaddy for about 2 years now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely don't choose the cheapest option when it comes to hosting. GoDaddy is slightly more expensive than some other websites but I think I've had no complaints and they're customer service has always been helpful when I've needed them. They also call you when one of your services is about to expire and they normally offer a better deal than what it would be if you just renewed on their website.

Hosting my website and keeping my site secure. I love having the SSL certificate for my site. It makes my business more professional and helps people feel secure when they're on my site.

GoDaddy review by Aubrey H.
Aubrey H.

"Avid Godaddy User"

What do you like best?

I've used Godaddy for personal and professional websites I have built. I mainly use it for the domains and the c-panel hosting because the entry price is affordable. However, one thing that really sets GoDaddy apart from other providers is the customer service. From when I built and hosted my first website to where I am today, I have always felt secure in the Team at Godaddy being able to help me no matter what problem I encounter.

What do you dislike?

While Godaddy has improved a lot over the past years in their marketing department, often times when recommending GoDaddy, clients are hesitant because of their Iconic ads that are very sexist and sexualized. It's web hosting, sex shouldn't be selling it - But it has created more negative feedback amongst clients trying not to be associated with the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look past their old ads and do what is best for yourself company. It may not be godaddy, but if you are a beginner or don't have much experience in the field, you won't find better customer service at any other company.

GoDaddy has solved a lot of business problems in creating a space that allows for all my website backend clutter to be laid out and organized on one website. Another thing that's been great about Godaddy, is the email servers it uses. You won't find that anywhere else and they give a very user-friendly experience.

GoDaddy review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"IT works"

What do you like best?

Go Daddy is simple to use to get started. Go Daddy is a great option for people who want to launch a website or buy a domain quickly. Finding a domain is the easiest part. You simply type in the name you are looking for and Go Daddy will quickly let you know if it is available or not.

What do you dislike?

There are some advanced issues like pointing the dns to the right domain and then monitoring it from the user dashboard that I find a bit confusing. As a first time user of having to register a site, I found some technical aspects a bit tricky. But there was some help features and chat features that helped me along the way.

I needed a website for my business. and Go Daddy was able to provide that for me.

GoDaddy review by J.D. B.
J.D. B.

"Great Place To Buy/Store Domains"

What do you like best?

It is super easy to buy and transfer domains for a variety of clients.

What do you dislike?

The format just keeps changing. I only use Godaddy every few months or so, but every time I feel like I have to relearn it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend GoDaddy for hosting, mostly because I have never used it for that service. But if you just want a simple place to buy domains for other hosts or just to sit on, GoDaddy does it best.

As a web designer, it's really useful to have domains in one place where I also don't host websites. Often my clients will all use different hosts, so having access to them all in once place makes things a heck of a lot easier.

GoDaddy review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Get an online presence, mostly painless"

What do you like best?

They take care of your design soup to nuts. Can guide you along the way to help you get a professional website

What do you dislike?

Was handed of to a new person each step of the way. Surprised by the restrictions on customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend more time then you think to get it setup and understand that you are not getting truly personalized service. You will run into barriers that will annoy you, but overall if you have realistic expectations you will be happy. If you want a truly individualized experience, you will need to go with a local company who can make a totally custom site.

We needed a website update....and fast. They made it happen on time and within our budget. Increased our web presence and did get us some customers

GoDaddy review by Consultant in Banking
Consultant in Banking

"Good for Beginners"

What do you like best?

I have made some websites through other platforms. I like that this one offers pretty set templates and you can manipulate text box and image size.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the templates are a bit too stringent making it difficult to add and delete pages into the site. Little room for creativity if you have more know / how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want something templated and fairly simplistic. Good for a small business to make their own website (all companies should be online). If you want something more unique then try a different platform, if you want something completely customized then you need a developer.

Helped my brother create a website for his business. Was able to act as a consultant and help them with a simplified site for a localized business, so easy that they could eventually take the reigns.

GoDaddy review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Best experience for beginning website builders at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is open 24/7, I can call them at 3am in the morning if I get stuck and have a question and people are there to answer. The tech support is knowledgeable and helpful. Once I accidentally knocked my site down (my fault), and called them late at night and they where able to get it back up quick.

What do you dislike?

They do suck you in with 99 cent domain registration. Then you find out at renewal time it is considerably more and if you have multiple domains they are charged at the higher rate as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updates servers

Ultimate in Support

Ease of Use

Built a web presence, server is very stable. I do not think we have ever had down time.

We are able to able to connect with our customers and potential customers easy and lowers

the cost of customer acquisition

GoDaddy review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Straightforward hosing and domain registration."

What do you like best?

GoDaddy does everything I need in one package. It's easy enough that someone without a technical background can get started, but it doesn't hold back any of the more complicated aspects if you want to find them. It's easy to get started with a word press template for your main page. There is a ton of documentation specific to GoDaddy to tell you exactly how to do more complicated things if you look.

What do you dislike?

This may be due to the complicated nature of web hosting, but there can definitely be a learning curve. It would definitely help if there were something like tooltips to explain certain terms, and if the menus were more consistent across the different internal products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this over something like wix or squarespace. It frees you up to implement features you might want in the future, and it is fairly easy to get a basic wordpress site up and running. This gives you a lot more options as your business grows in the future.

Having my own hosting account and domain registration has been great for me as a designer. Of course it's important to have a site to show off my work, but the ability to create subdomians is also helpful when i need a sandbox to try things out.

GoDaddy review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Longtime customer of GoDaddy and have no interest in leaving"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy has 24/7 customer service, they are a large company with many resources so I can trust my products won't be going away any time soon, the pricing in extremely competitive and affordable, plus there are endless options for me and my business.

As a major hosting and domain provider, most other platforms and hosts are connected and sync their services with GoDaddy, like WordPress and Google.

Microsoft 360 and the office suite is available for use with certain email packages.

What do you dislike?

The smartphone app is absolutely horrendous: the interface is outdated and you are auto-logged out every time you exit the application without the ability to have the app (at a minimum) remember your username much less have it store your password or utilized Touch ID.

Lastly, accessing your email using GoDaddy's dashboard isn't ideal (plus they use Microsoft Office in which I would personally prefer Google's G Suite), but there are easy workarounds and absolutely no problem syncing your email on smartphone or computer application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The dashboard is a bit confusing and web access isn't completely user-friendly, but there are some great work arounds once you get used to everything.

GoDaddy has been my domain manager for several years. I have started many websites and blogs and I have never felt the need to use any one else besides GoDaddy. When I self-hosted on WordPress, GoDaddy allowed me to easily switch my domain from Blogger and access the WordPress.org dashboard without problem. The customer service is always there to answer my questions and solve my problems without hassle.

GoDaddy review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Great domains, support, and pricing!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to maintain my domains. I get notifications anytime my auto-renew will be coming up. I also love the way I can make changes or add features without difficulty.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues or dislikes, I have had nothing but an excellent experience with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend GoDaddy for all of your website hosting needs.

I am able to host my websites in a safe and secure way. I have the benefit of being in control of my domain name and know that it cannot be lost or taken from me.

GoDaddy review by Kamlesh P.
Kamlesh P.

"Godaddy best for purchasing domain and host your website."

What do you like best?

easy to find available domain and purchase easily.easily we can link our domain with web hosting plan.if i forget to renew my domain or other plan godaddy can automatically renew my domain or plan.

What do you dislike?

sometimes godaddy web hosting login is very slow.godaddy plan is very expensive compare to other indian web hosing or domain selling company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

godaddy is very good platform for purchasing domain and webhosting for your online business.

godaddy help me to easily purchase my favourite domain name and start my online business.

GoDaddy review by Andrea L. Allen - L.
Andrea L. Allen - L.

"You Get What You Pay For..."

What do you like best?

Pros: They're definitely amongst the very cheapest in terms of the services they offer, and they provide best-in-class security, backup and range of services. Plus, they offer some killer coupon discounts for the first year of signing up with their services.

What do you dislike?

I've asked around over the years and, amongst digital professionals, GoDaddy is considered the hosting provider for online amateurs, rather than for professionals who need really robust, fast services.

I should explain that I'm a professional SEO/website creator/graphic designer, and I have set up hundreds of client and personal sites over the years. I say this so you realise that when I say there's actually very little that I like about GoDaddy in comparison to many of the other high-presence hosting/domain companies out there, I do know what I'm talking about. My worst experiences when it came to hosting were always with GoDaddy.

Cons: So many of my clients have gotten lost in the miasma of upsells, upsells and more upsells as they're trying to purchase some simple little thing, they end up buying tons of nonsense they really don't need. Often doing so by mistake when they failed to 'uncheck' some little add-on service box hidden at the bottom of the purchasing page.

Pretty sneaky tactic, GoDaddy!

In the past I've seen clients have domains removed from their ownership and given to someone else without their permission, when someone else has contested ownership. Had it happen to me too, a long time ago. I don't know if GoDaddy still allows that to happen, but it was so annoying!

Their tech support was pretty dire when I used them. I'm presuming they've improved mightily since then, otherwise I don't know how they can possibly still be in business...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research before using their services; don't just choose them based on low pricing. Also, check the entire page when you are making a purchase to be sure that you're only purchasing what you need... not what has been automatically added because you 'might need it'.

They make things very simple to access and understand for the online beginner. That doesn't currently meet my needs though.

GoDaddy review by Dave P.
Dave P.

"Intuit domain and hosting solution"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is very intuitive compared to many other domain and hosting providers out there. They also have fantastic customer service at any time of day.

What do you dislike?

They are a bit more expensive than other domain registration companies. I've always found their domains to be a few more dollars more expensive than other registrars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take advantage of the free customer service as much as possible. Otherwise you'll be trying to do things on your own and you'll only take more time than you need or break something.

Finding, purchasing, and managing domain names. Opting into hosting for those domain names. Selling domain names. Downloading apps to my domains like Wordpress.

GoDaddy review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Overall Experience Just Decent"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to use, and they walk you through every step of the process online. It really could not be much easier.

What do you dislike?

I had zero issues going through their website, and buying the website I desired. As a new website buyer, i had ZERO idea that GoDaddy allows your info to be viewed by hundreds if not more companies that literally spam the hell out of you for weeks on end. They email, they call, they text. They do everything but show up at your front door. It was insanely annoying, and made me despise the entire process! I understand that this might not be their fault, but they have to find a way to warn people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please please please make sure you check the box that allows your info not to be shared.

I was able to search domains and variations that made sense for my business.

GoDaddy review by User in Computer Software

"Reliable yet overpriced service."

What do you like best?

The initial pricing along with freedom to manage my DNS settings are nice. I like that there are plenty of additional services and features I can add on to.

What do you dislike?

The service is overpriced and though there are lots of features, which is appreciated, I feel like the entire time I have been with this service has been about the upsale. I receive way too many "deals" that are not related to me since I am not a first time customer, which is very disappointing. Also, their interface is simply not very clean and very confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please shop around. There are other services which provide better pricing options and quality service.

I am using the service as a DNS host and their uptime and service itself has been very good.

GoDaddy review by Nadia M.
Nadia M.

"Great for use in the workplace"

What do you like best?

We use Go Daddy's Email services at work and it's pretty easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy to pull up on a desktop computer and login, I don't think it's very mobile user friendly. I've tried to pull Go Daddy Email up several times from my mobile device and it's taken me a few tries to find the correct website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a mobile friendly email service, I recommend a different platform. I do not have experience with any other services they offer yet.

We use Go Daddy for their email services at my workplace.

GoDaddy review by Brianna F.
Brianna F.

"Everything I Need "

What do you like best?

I only use it for a small business, but it has email marketing domain management, web hosting, client profiles, everything I need!

What do you dislike?

So far, there honestly hasn't been anything I dislike. Perhaps, it should be easier to transfer a domain out of your name, but that's it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used it for large businesses, but it's perfect for small ones or individuals! Infinitely better than Squarespace. Plus it integrates with Wordpress perfectly.

I can host my website in the same place that I own the domain, and I can do all of my email marketing for said website in the same place. I think that's fantastic!

GoDaddy review by Jennifer R G.
Jennifer R G.

"Great domain registrar"

What do you like best?

I've been using GoDaddy for years to register domain names, SSL certificates and more. They have great customer service and are basically available whenever you need them. Their tech people can help when you have no idea what's happening or why, and can assist you in whatever ways you need on their services.

What do you dislike?

The renewal rates are not as competitive as other services. I often switch my domain names between a few registrars to get the lowest price for the renewals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at GoDaddy, make sure you use whatever promo codes you can find online. Very often, they're available at ebates.com or other similar sites to save you some money - in business, one can never save enough!

In business, you need a website. GoDaddy can help with that process by registering, hosting and providing service for your domain.

GoDaddy review by Khaled M.
Khaled M.

"Alright for domain hosting"

What do you like best?

They provide their service just what you need .

No less than necessary service and also quickly.

But NO free non-essential service. You get what you paid for.

With purchasing a domain-name, i get:

* full control over the DNS management,

* email forwarding,

* one-page landing site

* a photo gallery, which i don't use

What do you dislike?

* A little pushy for selling non-essential services for quite a bit high price,

* So many email in disguise of account "update", but actually they're sales mails

* the GUI of the webapp is little backdated.

* also the button and labels are sometimes confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check with your technical team first.

For basics, i think this service is alright.

But, if advanced routing, DNS configuration is in the requirement list, I think you should check out other options.

* got personal domain name from them

* as a basic service, i get a free landing-page

* also mail-address forwarding service is free.

GoDaddy review by Stacy N.
Stacy N.

"GoDaddy Services Review"

What do you like best?

Each time I have called for customer service, I have gotten through fairly quickly. There has not been a problem that hasn't been resolved via a service rep.

The reps are always English-speaking, which I appreciate because describing a website hosting issue or email problem can be difficult enough without a language barrier involved.

24/7 support.

What do you dislike?

Some of the issues I've experienced with older databases have been frustrating. I've had a few databases in Wordpress simply disappear/stop functioning altogether without warning, an no visible means of restoring or fixing them.

I do find that while it's great GoDaddy offers new means of access through their Dashboard, it has at times changed so often you cannot easily locate what you need due to the upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those clients who really need a quick setup, GoDaddy is extremely easy to use.

The affordability of their services has made it so I can help my small clients get onto the web since the services are within their budget.

GoDaddy review by Zachary S.
Zachary S.

"GoDaddy Domain "

What do you like best?

I like that GoDaddy has now released GoDaddy Pro, and a new system to manage your domains which gives you a lot of different tools to use than what you used to have..

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that they do not have a Mobile app to manage your DNS settings on the go. You can use their website from your phone, but I think an app would make it much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look over everything. There is alot of hidden features you get with every domain purchase that greatly enhance the value. You just gotta dig around the site and find them!

Domain names, web hosting, and web building. Well worth the investment.

GoDaddy review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Great features, very expensive"

What do you like best?

I'm a horror novelist. I use godaddy for every single aspect of my business. Work phone lines, emails, website and web hosting. Marketing, the whole deal. I like the convenience of doing everything through the same site.

The website builder, you're on your own. I recommend hiring a professional because if you call them for help, they give you the run around and don't help.

What do you dislike?

They have a nasty habit of automatically renewing subscriptions, even if you said not to auto renew. Then they take 5 to 7 business days to refund you. They try to rip you off any way they can.

Trying to make more book sales, but I have ended up doing most of it myself.

GoDaddy review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"GoDaddy for e-commerce business"

What do you like best?

I like intuitive environment and customer onboarding process where each step towards completion of domain registration is being processing seemingly instantly.

What do you dislike?

Well, the pricing could be always lower :), yet it seems that GoDaddy is trying really hard to improve their service on ongoing basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely choose GoDaddy unless you have your own infrastructure to host domain and websites. For our company GoDaddy is partner Nr1 for domain registration and related services, including private registration that enables to prevent leakage of sensitive information about domain registrant before launch of important projects.

I am using GoDaddy when I need to register domain name and activate it on the spot for any new project to be launched. I have realised benefit of getting domain registration, hosting and website builder from a single partner, and getting everything running basically in minutes after completing payment online.

GoDaddy review by Administrator

"Excellent for One Stop Web Registration"

What do you like best?

I find that GoDaddy makes it easy to do all the things you need to do to setup a website, register domains, etc. It's a great one stop shop for all your Internet needs.

What do you dislike?

Their customer retention program used to make me nuts. I'd get monthly calls but I have been able to stop those. But I do love their site and software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GoDaddy provides a great resource for web pros and amateurs alike. You can really get everything you need in one spot and it works.

I run a variety of web sites and use GoDaddy because I can literally bring up a site in a day. It works well with Wordpress as well.

GoDaddy review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Recommended, but getting expensive"

What do you like best?

I've been using GoDaddy to register domain names for 2 businesses for almost a decade, and have never had an issue with the host.

What do you dislike?

Every time I renew, I find it getting more and more costly. I understand everything goes up, but this seems to be going up disproportionately. I do not believe they have a month-to-month payment option like many other web hosting services have. Also, beware of the auto-renew, as they renew without giving you much warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare prices with out web hosting sites. Be aware of the auto-renew and keeping your credit card on file.

I am using GoDaddy to register domain names for both my personal business, and for several different sites at my past job. I rarely have an issue with the site being down and find the mobile layout to have improved over the last few years.

GoDaddy review by David B.
David B.

"Biggest and maybe best domain registrar"

What do you like best?

Everybody knows Godaddy. They are great. Registering domains is easy. You can always find a sale or a deal going on. The have pretty good hosting for your websites as well. I've never had a problem with them ever.

What do you dislike?

After the initial deal or promo you have to pay full price which is more money than other registrars but when you take into account the promo price it usually takes a few years before Godaddy is more expensive overall on that domain or site.

Hosting websites and registering domain names is made easy with GoDaddy.

GoDaddy review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use for non-techys"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I was able to go in, use their Website Tonight platform and make a website in hours. It is simple enough to allow new users to log in and easily update the site. There are intuitive plug ins like forms, gallery widgets, etc. The preview allows you to see your design in web and mobile format as well as hide certain items from mobile.

What do you dislike?

The designs seem dated for the most part. It doesn't market or brand as strong as Wix.com. There is often a push to upgrade or purchase add ons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out. There is little hurdle to getting in there and testing the features.

Brand awareness, conference application form, website redirect, newsletter sign up

GoDaddy review by Jean Gérard B.
Jean Gérard B.

"One of the best domain name registrar out there"

What do you like best?

Godaddy makes it a no-brainer to buy domain names. I've been using them only for that for a couple years and I never had to complain about their services. One of the things I like about them is the fact that when your domain is about to expire, they let you know many times, but what's more is that even when it expires, if you have a card on file and tried to bill you but they, they will try for another week and even more. Which lets you enough time, in case you've forgotten or had an issue with your card to pay the service without having a downtown for your online product.

What do you dislike?

Since I only buy domain from them I have nothing to complain about. But I use to hear people complain about their hosting services, which fortunately for me hadn't had the opportunity to use and see by myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goddady is pecfect for domain registration. I've used them for more than 5 years now. I've never had to complain about them. But recently I've started to hear good thing about their hosting services. Especially when they started buying many good companies in the web sphere such Sucuri for websites security especially WordPress, Media Temple, ManageWP etc...

I'm a web developer. I create websites for me and clients. I buy domain names mainly with Godaddy. I use them for many years now.