GoDaddy

GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.

Work for GoDaddy?

Learning about GoDaddy?

GoDaddy Reviews

Showing 405 GoDaddy reviews
GoDaddy review by <span>Oombawka Design R.</span>
Oombawka Design R.

Terrible Customer Service and Product Support

What do you like best?

Price was a good selling point and platform is great for new bloggers with very little traffic or Ads.

What do you dislike?

>Horrible Customer Service

>Terrible managed wordpress hosting

>They do not take ownership of issues caused by their hosting platforms

>They do not provide effective tech support

>They blame all issues with sites on the site coding or uploaded plugins

>They do not stand behind the services they sell

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you choose to go with GoDaddy NEVER lock in for more than 1 month at a time - after 30 days you do not receive any money back if you run into problems down the line - even if you haven't used the hosting yet - you are out of pocket.

>Zero benefits > After 2 months of calls I finally got to speak with a Manager about all the issues happening on my site and the site being down all the time. He blamed all the site downtime and speed issues on my site coding and plugins. Multiple calls were placed and the issues were never resolved. Downtime became excessive. Calls to the center were in excess of 8 hours a week for 2 months in 2017 (January and February). Decided to leave the plan and asked for a refund or a credit to use the unused part of the money for other services with GoDaddy and although 2 other customer service representatives approved it - this manager went in and denied it indicating they would only allow me to move to a more expensive plan - I was not allowed to have a credit on file for the 2.5 years of unused hosting in my 3 year prepaid plan ($3000.00 or SSL certificate which did not work from the first day they added it). I had to leave their hosting to get my site back up and running and to remove the stress and time wasted on calls with them trying to fix it - and since leaving without adding or removing anything from the site design, plugins or coding my site is working 100% of the time at less than 5 seconds to load (more than 25 seconds to load with GoDaddy) and I have been with the new host for almost 1 year now with zero downtime.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GoDaddy
GoDaddy review by <span>Kevin S.</span>
Kevin S.

Amazing Service with Amazing Customer Support

What do you like best?

The customer support is outstanding and every time I speak with an agent, they are polite, use great english, and truly know what they are doing. All of the products are very easy to use and it is very straight forward to purchase domains and manage everything to do with them.

What do you dislike?

The hosting is not a very good alternative to regular hosting options. I personally do not like how the emails are set up but they do work well and some of our clients really appreciate getting the combination of domain and hosting at the same location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service, we recommend GoDaddy as the leading provider of all domains and definitely would recommend this to others as well.

We purchase all our domains through GoDaddy which are cost effective especially when on the discount club. We receive the lowest prices on new domains, transfers, and renewals BUT that is because we have paid for the Domain Discount Club.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

GoDaddy review by <span>Christopher D.</span>
Christopher D.

inconsistent but cheap

What do you like best?

The support via phone is actually quite good, however there might be a wait. When you get a good employee, they are patient and knowledgable. Too bad they are not so easy to "find." They all speak proper English and their prices are competitive, especially for domains. Servers are generally reliable and domain registrations cheap and easy. The new "Pro" program is only half-baked, poorly documented and the online-platform has too many broken links.

What do you dislike?

The Pro program website doesn't really work and when you ask them about it, it's like yelling into a well with no echo or response. Inconsistent support means you might have to make several calls to get something fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the Pro Program and provide better, faster support. Make fully-managed more pro-active.

They provide very low cost domain registration and hosting solutions, from fully managed, to dedicated. Overall, they are dependable and helpful with well-trained, expert staff.

GoDaddy review by <span>Annie B.</span>
Annie B.

Easy to Use Domain creator!

What do you like best?

I like reviewing the domain expiration's so i know when we need to renew. We exclusively use godaddy for domain purchases.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the disconnect between the web hosting and domains. We had issues in the past with our hosting expiring and no warning that our website was going to be shut off. Needless to say it was a big headache and we now use siteground for website hosting. I also think it is quite pricey, but worth it, i wish there were more promotions sent out "renew your domain for the next 5 years and get 30% discount" etc...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally I feel very comfortable buying domains exclusively from godaddy, but have yet to make the switch for website hosting. A website going down is our worst fear.

When we establish new business additions we quickly purchase the domain before the release so the competitors don't put us in a tight spot.

GoDaddy review by <span>Darlanne D.</span>
Darlanne D.

I've been a GoDaddy customer since 2002

What do you like best?

I have tried many other domain registrars out there, but GoDaddy continues to be the best to easily manage my domain names. I trust the brand.

What do you dislike?

I hate their upsells, though they are not as bad as before. However, even now when I am renewing a domain, I'm still hit with many "opportunities" to add this or that feature. However, I realize they cater largely to new customers who may need that guidance. I also wish they would not have done away with domain coupons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are registering domains, GoDaddy is the way to go. They are also very reachable by phone for any type of support need. Web hosting would be another issue and they are improving, but the jury is still out on that feature for me.

I have registered domains with them for many, many years. My domains remain safely registered, and I am send out timely reminders when the domains come due for renewal.

GoDaddy review by <span>Rachel M.</span>
Rachel M.

Great email platform!

What do you like best?

The low cost for our company to use Go Daddy is very appealing. As a small company we needed a low cost email solution. The other thing that is very useful is the ease of integration into other email platforms that are more user friendly such as Gmail and Outlook. I've integrated to both and it is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Go Daddy isn't very user friendly so it forces me to integrate with another email platform. This creates a problem as there is a lag time from when I receive an email until when it actually appears in my inbox as it has to go through Go Daddy and then through the platform I'm using (i.e. Outlook).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of employees and want a low cost solution, Go Daddy is for you! If you aren't comfortable with integrating Go Daddy with other platforms then it isn't for you as this is a big aspect to using the platform.

We are keeping our costs for email down which is very helpful! And it's very easy to add new emails as we onboard new employees. As a growing business you want something that's dynamic and Go Daddy is just that.

Learning about GoDaddy?

* We monitor all GoDaddy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.