Gong

Gong

Conversation intelligence platform for sales: automatically record, transcribe, and analyze 100% of your sales team's calls using AI.

Work for Gong?

Learning about Gong?

Gong Reviews

Ask Gong a Question
Showing 588 Gong reviews
Gong review by <span>Dave B.</span>
Dave B.
Invitation from the software vendor

Gong has transformed the way we coach and develop sales professionals.

What do you like best?

Gong has increased the volume and quality of our call review process. By providing the team with a tool that promotes more self and peer review, we've seen the volume of reviews increase by more than 10x. By helping us build a better library of best in class examples, we have also helped the team really get better by always having those examples they can listen to.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit messy. We have more than one group using the tool and unfortunately we can't separate the instances for a clean view from one group to the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AI feature in Gong is really valuable. We're just starting to get the data and recommendations and they're incredible.

Close rate has increased by more than 4%. New reps are onboarding and getting up to target faster. Development has become fun and a priority which we believe will help with retention.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gong
Gong review by <span>Kelly D.</span>
Kelly D.

Highly Recommend - great for busy front line managers

What do you like best?

Gong has aided our organizations in more ways than I originally anticipated. My AEs use it regularly and efficiently to prep for calls, catch me up on issues or next steps for high priority deals that I could not attend, and track their quality through talk time and engagement tracking. Executives at are organization have contacted me post purchase and said "Gong has become a force multiplier for our organization - I'm so glad we've invested in this technology."

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of much I dislike. I think at first I was disappointed that the transcription wasn't great but after using it for a few months I realized that's definitely not where the value lies so I'm very ok with it's lack of accuracy.

AEs have lowered the amount of time they talk on calls compared to prospects - they're improving the quality of their conversations by listening more

Product Marketing team is validating their messaging and tracking whether the trainings they give the sales teams are sticking

Product Designers are using call recordings to inform themselves of what customers/prospects are asking for and what they care about

Managers are listening to and providing feedback on 10x the number of calls we were originally able to sit on prior to Gong

What Sales Coaching and Onboarding solution do you use?

Gong review by <span>Fraser S.</span>
Fraser S.

Beyond call recording

What do you like best?

The call recording works very well -- it automatically joins my calls from my calendar, records and transcribes my call with remarkable accuracy, creating a searchable transcript of the call. This means I don't nee to take as detailed notes, since I can always go back and listen to the call on Gong, or better yet, search the transcript for what was said.

What do you dislike?

In order to comply with privacy laws, we've set up our Gong to play an announcement when the first person not from our company joins. However, this announcement seemingly plays at random times, occassionally before someone else joins, and frequently during the midst of a conversation. It's odd, and I make light of it during the call, but it's not a huge flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try -- easy to start using, not huge switching costs if you don't like it!

Fewer notes need to be taken on calls, since I have a transcript

Since Gong shows what portion of the time each person spoke, and makes that public, it makes me strive to speak less since the data will be shown to all

Near perfect notes from each call

Better sales processes

Gong review by <span>Rajesh B.</span>
Rajesh B.
Invitation from the software vendor

How you talk is how you sell!

What do you like best?

The stats. When you have enough data on the length of monologue and the mapping of your closed/won deals to the recordings - you have a treasure trove of data to look into and make impactful changes in your org.

I am lately liking the blog posts that Gong shares which allows me to guide my team better when I know industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Some basic features are missing:

1. Cannot export data at the level I am interested in. A lot of user level granular data at the moment can only be shared by my CSM.

2. Cannot rename a recorded call. I think that is pretty basic a need. Ryan from Gong tells me this feature will be available in a week. Hoping it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Growth phase, now is the best time to invest when you have lot of data incoming. More data = more insights. So the sooner the better. Gong analyzed over a million sales calls and they sure have a better chance of looking at patterns and providing some great insights.

Peer coaching. Plus most importantly my users can see for themselves what is that the best performing rep is doing while engaging the customer and relatively grade themselves for real. I myself hop on to a lot of calls to help understand the kind of customer requirements we come across as one of the top players in the CPaaS space and gauge the general sentiment about Plivo as a provider.

Lately some of my other teams are interested in some particular 'word utterances' and Gong makes it rather easy to track those and push them as a mail notification.

Gong review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

Easy to use and Navigate

What do you like best?

Being able to see who is talking, and what each person is talking about makes it easy to navigate the important parts of calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the discussion topics are way off but usually they do a good job of picking up what is being discussed

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a call coaching tool this is it. It is also a great way for you to go back into a call and see what was said and highlight things that went well or poorly.

I use it even on the SDR side of things in order to get a better understanding of what I need to say when attempting to get other folks from that organization on a demo. I would highly recommend the tool and I use it daily. It integrates with a variety of technologies as well which allows a variety of users to use it.

Call training and coaching

Gong review by <span>Matt H.</span>
Matt H.

Greatest sales tool

What do you like best?

I love that Gong pulls together our dial calls through Salesloft and video calls from Zoom into a clean interface where we can collaborate and coach each other as a team.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything that comes to mind that I do not like, BUT, one feature that would be nice (assuming I am not missing it) would be the ability to rename a video upload once uploaded. There are instances where I have a meeting that reschedules and I do not update my calendar and thus not syncing Gong where I need to upload a video. I have had to delete and re-upload because the video name follows the name of the file and cannot be edited from what I can tell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is intuitive, and setup so that collaboration with other team members and even external trainers/collaborators is seamless.

Sales coaching and and cross functional training

Learn more about Gong

Gong Videos

Learning about Gong?

* We monitor all Gong reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.