Gong

Gong

Conversation intelligence platform for sales: automatically record, transcribe, and analyze 100% of your sales team's calls using AI.

Work for Gong?

Learning about Gong?

Gong Reviews

Ask Gong a Question
Showing 717 Gong reviews
Gong review by <span>Adam H.</span>
Adam H.

"A must have for customer facing roles"

What do you like best?

As someone who is not in a sales role but uses Gong, I can confidently say I am a huge advocate for Gong. At first I thought it was a 'nice to have'. After using it for a few months I can say that it is a 'must have'. It's like one of those things that if you never used it your life is ok - but once you start using it you can't stop. The ability to easily record and share meetings with clients is incredible. Gong integrates so seamlessly with all of our tools that I never even have to think about it, or spend any time on it - aside from utilizing it's helpful features.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing - I have never run into any issues, or had to spend any time figuring anything out.

My main uses for Gong: Automatically recording my client meetings, reviewing meetings others internally have held with my clients and viewing transcripts of meetings. Also an amazing tool for training, reflection and onboarding new employees.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gong
Gong review by <span>Nick  M.</span>
Nick M.

"Amazing tool that I wouldn't want to be without!"

What do you like best?

I love that Gong is incredibly easy to use and allows me to focus on the content of my meetings instead of worrying about making sure I'm capturing important details in notes.

What do you dislike?

I have Gong setup to auto join my client calls, so the only thing I would say here is that there is a bit of a lag in recording meetings that pop up. It takes time to setup the call get the recording started, so for meetings that are impromptu, often times the first part of those calls are not recorded. Not a huge deal though and can be worked around by manually setting up the call to record, only problem there is that the recorder will still join which then sounds like multiple people have joined the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need this! So many benefits and super easy to use.

So many benefits in using Gong that have led to huge time savings! More details below:

> Great training opportunities to listen to other team member's calls. I have been able to learn about other clients and other team members presentations that I otherwise would not have had access to. This also allows for my manager to listen to my calls and have great coaching opportunities.

> Easy to reference client calls to revisit details of the call and next steps. This has made it easier for me to make sure I'm delivering on agreed upon next steps.

> The organization and search-ability is great, making it super easy to find calls with a certain topic covered, calls by a certain person, or calls with a specific client.

> The ability to share recordings with other internal teams and clients to reference work that we've done is awesome! I have been able to share recordings quickly with clients that they can refer to as needed vs. me having to write up details and take screenshots to recreate things covered on calls = huge time savings.

> The ability to speed up the call when listening back has allowed me to maximize my time by listening to lengthy calls in much less time... again = HUGE time savings.

What Sales Coaching and Onboarding solution do you use?

Gong review by <span>Florin T.</span>
Florin T.

"Great software for onboarding, getting feedback and helping me improve as a Sales Rep"

What do you like best?

Gong has been really helpful as an Account Executive because it allows me to go back to my calls, skip to the parts that I thought I did really well on and those that I think I could improve on and allows me to see what my colleagues are doing so that we can learn from each other.

I particularly like the fact that I can request feedback from my manager at certain points in the call and we typically have a meeting every week where we discuss feedback/improvements. It's also really helpful because the reporting allows me to benchmark my calls with my colleagues and see what they are doing that is working well.

The interface is user-friendly and the software automatically joins your calls, so it's super simple to set up!

What do you dislike?

The transcript feature and the analysis of what topics were discussed in what section of the call are not always super accurate but this hasn't been an issue in getting the main value of the platform, which for me is the ability to get feedback from my manager and see what colleagues are doing.

-Quicker onboarding of sales reps

-Call Coaching/feedback

Gong review by <span>Rob A.</span>
Rob A.

"Gong is an absolute Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Gong is a true solution. Our sales leadership was able to review and coach more calls in 2 weeks than we had in the previous Quarters. Gong also allows your reps to take their own development into their own hands. Reps are learning from our top performers, on their own time, even on the go with their fully functional mobile application. I am able to get right to the most important aspects of the call within minutes, listen to calls at 1.5-2x speed (allowing me to coach more than ever), identify trends between reps, create libraries for on-boarding. All of this took minimal set-up. We were able to gain enough value during our trial period with nearly 100% adoption by all reps. The application is endless, as our CS and Impsec teams now are leveraging the platform as well. Unlimited non-recorded users allow for company wide adoption. Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, BDRs, Leadership can now listen to all sales calls and demos on demand. Also the ability to revisit calls during Sales Handoffs & in Deal Cycles vs. trying to find a static document with notes...Its incredible.

What do you dislike?

The transcription is a little off, which can be a little funny when reading back over the document. It is also limited to English Language, we do have a multi-national organization, so not all users can get the benefits gong offers. These are minimal challenges, and I had to think hard to find real areas that I dislike. The value outweighs our process before, and it is not even close.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and test it out for yourself. This product was sold from the trial experience alone. It makes things that were previously unimaginable, a reality.

Coaching, Professional Development, Alignment between BDRs & Account Executive Teams, Alignment between Marketing & Sales, Alignment between Success & Sales Teams, Manual Note Transcription, Competitive Analysis, Data Driven Coaching, On-Boarding, Sales Qualification Methodology, Active Listening vs. worrying about taking notes, sharing best practices.

Gong review by <span>Madison F.</span>
Madison F.

"Great for training and understanding account history"

What do you like best?

When I started a new job, Gong was a great resource for listening to my peers' calls. Gong recordings were more efficient than asking to shadow real-time calls. It's also easy to find the parts of calls that are most critical to listen to because of the labels/indicators on who is talking and about what. I work in Customer Success, so I like that this is a way to understand a customer's journey before being transitioned to the CS team. I would recommend new users to take advantage of the training resource because Gong is intuitive to use but there is functionality you could potentially miss by not going through . a guided process in the beggining.

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes the labels about what is being discussed could be even more helpful. For example, identifying and labeling what parts of the conversation are about discussing pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the training resources. Gong is intuitive to use without them, but I recognize that I am missing some of the full functionality by learning how to use it myself.

The main business problem I see our team solving with Gong is training an on-boarding. Gong helps new team members have access to a wealth of information on their own time, instead of relying on their peers to add them to upcoming calls. I could also see Gong being very useful for reviewing your past customer calls or when transitioning accounts.

Gong review by <span>Tom V.</span>
Tom V.

"Fantastic software to improve sales performance "

What do you like best?

I have a poor memory and am not the best multitasker. When I need to recall something from a meeting, I can easily listen to past calls.

I also LOVE that the recordings can be sped up so I can find what I am looking for quickly. That feature saves me so much time.

What do you dislike?

Only listening to my own voice. Yikes! That part isn't fun to hear. I do wish I had control over which of my recordings were saved. There are some I would like to delete, but as a user I don't think I have those privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a salesperson, I love using the software. I find that my follow up meetings have been more effective because I can easily understand EVERYTHING that was talked about on the previous meeting. I do also use it to list to my tone, questioning, and prospects responses to learn how to improve my pitch. If you want to help your salespeople sell better, I think this software is a must.

I figured I would use it most to improve my pitch, but what found it so helpful to go back and listen to calls to help me prepare for subsequent meetings.

Gong review by <span>Izabella A.</span>
Izabella A.

"Innovative Tool with Endless Benefits"

What do you like best?

Hard to choose! A few of my favorite functions include the written transcript view, segmentation by keywords, and the separation of audio channels. The transcript allows me to parse through for easier searches, which is incredibly helpful. Keywords show me what filler words I'm overusing to improve my conversations. The separate audio channels automatically show me percentages of how much I'm talking vs. the prospect. Keeping that in mind, I've been able to decrease my percentages from 75-80% to a much more concise 50%.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I love the Gong platform. One function I would find useful would be the ability to have my own individual Library with private folders to organize my calls. I could be wrong, but it seems like I'm only able to create folders in Library shared amongst the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is so useful! I absolutely recommend if you're looking for a way to improve operationally.

As an employee with no previous Sales experience, this tool has been a life-saver. I would not have been able to learn as rapidly or as efficiently as I have without the ability to review & improve my calls. In addition, the tool is so user-friendly & intuitive, it's truly an impressive experience to utilize.

Gong review by <span>Kayshia V.</span>
Kayshia V.

"Best Call Review System"

What do you like best?

I love how it breaks down your call for you, it shows you how long you spend on a certain topic and lots of other helpful information. I love how I can listen to my other teammates calls so I can improve my own based off what I hear in their call.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything I do not like. It works very well and is easy to use. I have no complaints about this product. Very satisfied by what I get out of Gong.IO

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you need help getting better at how you approach your calls, this is the system for you! I have gained so much from using Gong, all the data it gives you is very helpful and shows you where you can improve to get better results out of your calls.

I am improving on my calls and launching out more partners every week. I have found that I benefit from listening to other teammates calls, they help me improve by hearing how they approach different topics. There is nothing better than being able to train yourself without having to ask people how they run their calls, I can just listen to them on my own time.

Gong review by <span>Dave B.</span>
Dave B.

"Gong has transformed the way we coach and develop sales professionals. "

What do you like best?

Gong has increased the volume and quality of our call review process. By providing the team with a tool that promotes more self and peer review, we've seen the volume of reviews increase by more than 10x. By helping us build a better library of best in class examples, we have also helped the team really get better by always having those examples they can listen to.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit messy. We have more than one group using the tool and unfortunately we can't separate the instances for a clean view from one group to the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AI feature in Gong is really valuable. We're just starting to get the data and recommendations and they're incredible.

Close rate has increased by more than 4%. New reps are onboarding and getting up to target faster. Development has become fun and a priority which we believe will help with retention.

Gong review by <span>Kelly D.</span>
Kelly D.

"Highly Recommend - great for busy front line managers"

What do you like best?

Gong has aided our organizations in more ways than I originally anticipated. My AEs use it regularly and efficiently to prep for calls, catch me up on issues or next steps for high priority deals that I could not attend, and track their quality through talk time and engagement tracking. Executives at are organization have contacted me post purchase and said "Gong has become a force multiplier for our organization - I'm so glad we've invested in this technology."

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of much I dislike. I think at first I was disappointed that the transcription wasn't great but after using it for a few months I realized that's definitely not where the value lies so I'm very ok with it's lack of accuracy.

AEs have lowered the amount of time they talk on calls compared to prospects - they're improving the quality of their conversations by listening more

Product Marketing team is validating their messaging and tracking whether the trainings they give the sales teams are sticking

Product Designers are using call recordings to inform themselves of what customers/prospects are asking for and what they care about

Managers are listening to and providing feedback on 10x the number of calls we were originally able to sit on prior to Gong

Gong review by <span>Fraser S.</span>
Fraser S.

"Beyond call recording"

What do you like best?

The call recording works very well -- it automatically joins my calls from my calendar, records and transcribes my call with remarkable accuracy, creating a searchable transcript of the call. This means I don't nee to take as detailed notes, since I can always go back and listen to the call on Gong, or better yet, search the transcript for what was said.

What do you dislike?

In order to comply with privacy laws, we've set up our Gong to play an announcement when the first person not from our company joins. However, this announcement seemingly plays at random times, occassionally before someone else joins, and frequently during the midst of a conversation. It's odd, and I make light of it during the call, but it's not a huge flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try -- easy to start using, not huge switching costs if you don't like it!

Fewer notes need to be taken on calls, since I have a transcript

Since Gong shows what portion of the time each person spoke, and makes that public, it makes me strive to speak less since the data will be shown to all

Near perfect notes from each call

Better sales processes

Gong review by <span>Rajesh B.</span>
Rajesh B.

"How you talk is how you sell!"

What do you like best?

The stats. When you have enough data on the length of monologue and the mapping of your closed/won deals to the recordings - you have a treasure trove of data to look into and make impactful changes in your org.

I am lately liking the blog posts that Gong shares which allows me to guide my team better when I know industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Some basic features are missing:

1. Cannot export data at the level I am interested in. A lot of user level granular data at the moment can only be shared by my CSM.

2. Cannot rename a recorded call. I think that is pretty basic a need. Ryan from Gong tells me this feature will be available in a week. Hoping it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Growth phase, now is the best time to invest when you have lot of data incoming. More data = more insights. So the sooner the better. Gong analyzed over a million sales calls and they sure have a better chance of looking at patterns and providing some great insights.

Peer coaching. Plus most importantly my users can see for themselves what is that the best performing rep is doing while engaging the customer and relatively grade themselves for real. I myself hop on to a lot of calls to help understand the kind of customer requirements we come across as one of the top players in the CPaaS space and gauge the general sentiment about Plivo as a provider.

Lately some of my other teams are interested in some particular 'word utterances' and Gong makes it rather easy to track those and push them as a mail notification.

Gong review by <span>Andrea D.</span>
Andrea D.

"Incredibly Helpful"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Gong is that I can search for key words in different calls. This is really helpful when I'm trying to fine tune a certain part of my process.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how long it takes to transcribe and process the calls. I never remember which call I just had that I want to send my boss so that I can get feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Transcribe the calls quicker and leave out calls that are less than 2 minutes long. Those are typically useless calls to have clutter the system, as nobody is going to listen to them.

By listening to myself, I am able to hear where it is that I need improvement. By listening to others, I am able to compare their processes to mine and potentially rework my verbiage to be more successful.

Gong review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

"Easy to use and Navigate"

What do you like best?

Being able to see who is talking, and what each person is talking about makes it easy to navigate the important parts of calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the discussion topics are way off but usually they do a good job of picking up what is being discussed

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a call coaching tool this is it. It is also a great way for you to go back into a call and see what was said and highlight things that went well or poorly.

I use it even on the SDR side of things in order to get a better understanding of what I need to say when attempting to get other folks from that organization on a demo. I would highly recommend the tool and I use it daily. It integrates with a variety of technologies as well which allows a variety of users to use it.

Call training and coaching

Gong review by <span>Matt H.</span>
Matt H.

"Greatest sales tool"

What do you like best?

I love that Gong pulls together our dial calls through Salesloft and video calls from Zoom into a clean interface where we can collaborate and coach each other as a team.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything that comes to mind that I do not like, BUT, one feature that would be nice (assuming I am not missing it) would be the ability to rename a video upload once uploaded. There are instances where I have a meeting that reschedules and I do not update my calendar and thus not syncing Gong where I need to upload a video. I have had to delete and re-upload because the video name follows the name of the file and cannot be edited from what I can tell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is intuitive, and setup so that collaboration with other team members and even external trainers/collaborators is seamless.

Sales coaching and and cross functional training

Gong review by <span>Alexandra A.</span>
Alexandra A.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

The ease of recording...the integration with Zoom means all calls with clients/prospects are automatically recorded with no extra effort. I've never had to look up how to use the product, it's all very user friendly and simple.

What do you dislike?

Transcription isn't that great, but I don't use it much so it doesn't bother me. Can't add much more because I really like the product for what I use it for. Perhaps we aren't making the most of all features provided?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need full call transcripts this isn't the best tool, but otherwise it's perfect.

More transparency about calls and meetings, ability to focus during a meeting instead of hastily taking notes. You can always go back and listen and remind yourself of action points afterwards. The ability to see how was speaking and for how much of the call also helps you analyse your own behaviour and improve. The topics of the call are automatically added which is great as well.

Gong review by <span>Priscilla Z.</span>
Priscilla Z.

"Taking notes is a thing of the past (and that's a good thing)"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. gong automatically starts recording all of my calls when scheduled through zoom. I like that I don't have to think about it. It's easy to search for any prior call. Playback sounds good. I especially LOVE how when you are reviewing a call, it shows the points in the call where each person is talking. It makes it so I can see whether I'm talking too much on any given call. Great reflection on calls in general.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to log in everyday. I wish gong would keep me logged in.

I love knowing that all of my calls are recorded and stored in gong. It allows me to be more present with customers because I know I can reference any part of our conversation later. I now take lighter notes and can listen better on my calls. That's a win.

Gong review by <span>Cassie H.</span>
Cassie H.

"Gong is a great tool for sales and customer success training and knowledge sharing."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. I also love the ability to visually see where each speaker talks and the ability to click on any speaker, anywhere in the recording. With Gong, you will see a list of the speakers and you'll see where they are speaking during the entire call. If you happen to notice a VP speaks, you can click to jump to that part of the recording. You can see how long any dead air is and skip past it.

In regards to the audio quality, the recordings are clear and I have not experienced any bugs while using Gong. As for video quality, the videos are also clear and do not experience lag.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we are not using the tool more. It would be icing on the cake to have transcriptions to pull out quotes.

I also think the homepage/dashboard could be redesigned a bit, it appears to be designed for whitespace maximization, but I think I would rather have a clear call to action and hierarchy of popular options listed out.

I used Gong to listen to sales calls and customer onboarding calls in my efforts to ramp up quickly on my new team.

Gong review by <span>Dan A.</span>
Dan A.

"Call recording with all the bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

We use Gong within our Product Management group to record calls with customers where we are listening to product feedback or sharing solutions to unique product use cases or challenges. Since the content from the meetings are often valuable to other product team members or to engineering, Gong allows us to share the recording with the added advantage of being able to jump right to the relevant portions of the call.

The "who talked" timeline is a very useful tool to help us quickly jump to feedback from specific call participants as well what topics were discussed at that point in time. Transcription of calls has really improved and the fact that the entire call AND video are recorded is very useful if there was visual content shared that added value to the conversation.

What do you dislike?

Adding meetings for recording when the calendar integration does not pick them up can be a hassle. It would be great if there was a way to add an email address to the meeting invitation that automatically tagged that meeting for recording.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely configure the calendar integration. Adding meetings manually is not terribly difficult but can get tedious without the calendar integration.

We have team members across multiple time zones and they are not always able to attend every call. Gong allows us to record the calls so they can be utilized later and Gong's timeline view of who spoke and what was discussed allows us to quickly jump to the high value discussion topics without having to listen to the entire recording.

Gong review by <span>Austin P.</span>
Austin P.

"Improving My Phone Skills by Listening to Myself"

What do you like best?

I like that I can focus more on having a conversation with my client instead of taking rigorous notes because I know Gong is recording and I can easily find details as I go back and re-listen. This is helping me have a natural tone and I'm more effective as a salesperson.

What do you dislike?

The way our company has Gong set up to automatically record is by linking a Join.Me URL in a calendar event. I rarely use that Join.Me link so my clients will often click on it thinking it is how they will connect. I have to explain that we actually won't be using that link and they still need to call in manually...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth considering if the price is right for you.

The problem of not having a good way to train and improve my phone skills is being solved by Gong. I'm able to review calls, find out filler words or phrases that I can reduce, find out how I can better communicate with a client, and I can listen to my co-workers' calls to see how they operate and how I can change what I do to better myself.

Gong review by <span>Jenna H.</span>
Jenna H.

"Call Recording & Coaching"

What do you like best?

The best part about the tool is that it actually analyzes for you call for you and acts as a sales coach.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any dislikes - I would like to see an app version and there might already be one?!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and should definitely be used to it's full potential for not only recording calls but being used as a coaching tool!

Gong allows me to automatically record my calls/webinars and then analyzes the call within the same day. It automatically marks the call for different portions of the conversation so you can pick up where you might talk about pricing, etc. Also, it allows you to run reports to see how much you're speaking in relation to how much the other caller is.

Gong review by <span>Maxwell K.</span>
Maxwell K.

"A really convenient way to practice sales conversations and iterate on process."

What do you like best?

The mobile app, the talk time breakdown, listening and other call stats. I also enjoy the blog and resources that are shared on Linkedin and that can be found on the homesite.

What do you dislike?

I think the transcription can be slightly improved as well as the topic tagging.

I also have an issue with the UX when i hover over and click "log in" and "request a demo" slides in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to streamline a sales process, track what's working and what's not working, I highly recommed Gong. In addition, Gong has a mobile app that makes it incredibly easy to listen and make the most out of your commute /workout.

learning sales process as a team and individual. Gong makes it easy to see whats working from a holistic view.

Gong review by <span>James M L.</span>
James M L.

"Gong is a critical success tool any Sales Org can benefit from!"

What do you like best?

Gong is critical to our success here at Act-On Software. Having the ability to quickly analyze and interpret sales calls has enabled our leadership team to quickly and surgically gather information. This process is critical to both help the sales rep close more deals but to analyze, in detail ,our sales process as a whole.

What do you dislike?

Our only complaint is that we didn't' start using it sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just pull the trigger, its the most insightful tool we have ever implemented in our sales org.

We now have a multifaceted approach to sales analysis that wasn't possible before Gong. Understanding the DNA of a sales call helps us determine what we need to work on from a coaching perspective. With Gong, we can gain better results by tweaking our game plan as well as find out new and interesting information and buzz from our prospects that help us get a better understanding on the marketplace. Our sales reps are performing better, have a clearer understanding of when and where things should be discussed in a sales call and are now using Gong to self critique to make them better sales people.

Gong review by <span>Mason C. N.</span>
Mason C. N.

"Must have for leaders and coaches"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Gong is the fact that every call is recorded in a manner where it is extremely easy to find specific parts of the call in the future. If my pen dies, or I lose my web page where I'm taking notes on a prospect - I can go back into the call and quickly listen to my qualification at x1.5.

Sales leaders can go in and find everytime a competitors name is dropped, easily identify when "Free" is mentioned, or even look for specific emotions within the call.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? Honestly, not much at all. If I had to find a complaint I'd say sometimes it adds a hair of stress knowing every conversation is recorded. But its just part of stepping out of the comfort zone to get better at sales, and this dramatically speeds up the process with good coaching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Quickly improving as a sales rep. I can review colleagues calls to identify what they do best that I should adopt. I can listen to my calls and reflect on things I should change.

Gong review by <span>Krysta G.</span>
Krysta G.

"Stay on the same page with Gong"

What do you like best?

Gong's software automatically records our calls - internally and externally. We rely on external call recordings to refresh our own memories after calls, review calls from others, and to share information directly from the source. While I like that this recording happens automatically, but my favorite feature is the collaborative aspect: @ mention a coworker in the recording notes and they are notified and sent to the exact timestamp you've picked.

What do you dislike?

The voice transcription could use improvement - there are rarely transcripts that can be used as a call outline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

F

We are solving the ability to track and record calls for QA and sales team training improvements. It is nice to have a recording of the call, view the % of the conversation that each caller spoke, and the high-level themes that were discussed in the call - even highlighting where subjects were mentioned in the call.

Gong review by <span>Adam R.</span>
Adam R.

"The Best Sales Tool I've Used To Date"

What do you like best?

I have spent hundreds, possibly thousands of hours doing call breakdowns over the years. The old school way of doing this involved a ton of manual work, starting and pausing calls, manually time stamping and moving on. This was a necessary exercise for any manager developing there people. Enter Gong.

The first time I used it, it was like I'd been riding a horse for years and someone gave me a car. It does EVERYTHING you've ever wanted! You can listen to calls at different speeds, you can search for specific phrases or terms, you can comment with automatic time stamps without pausing, you can share feedback, you can see the visuals the rep used in their presentations. Simply put, it's just the right way to do it. I have spent countless hours in Gong working more efficiently than ever before.

What do you dislike?

Very minor details.

When you are providing feedback it sends it to the person every time you make a comment. I would like to be able to go through a full call breakdown and share the final version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it once. You'll see.

Aside from allowing my team and managers to be much more efficient it allows me to hold people accountable extremely quickly. For instance, as we near the end of the quarter I want to make sure everyone is pushing our end of quarter incentives. I can search for "incentive" and see every instance where it was mentioned and fast forward to that exact spot to review how it was positioned. Any inside sales team will instantly see benefit from Gong.

Gong review by <span>Kyle S.</span>
Kyle S.

"Fantastic Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to review your own calls is invaluable to the success of a good salesperson. Reviewing calls of my colleagues is just as valuable, understanding where we are having the most success, presenting consistent pricing, and reviewing the objection handling of others has been crucial to our companies success. I could not rate this tool highly enough!

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike with this product. I cannot imagine not having this tool in our toolkit.

Understanding how much you are talking in relation to your prospect, what filler words are being used, and the ability to focus on the conversation rather than taking notes are just a few of the business benefits Gong provides.

Gong review by <span>Caleb S.</span>
Caleb S.

"Great coaching tool"

What do you like best?

The transcriptions of calls make it much easier to go back and view what me and the prospect talked about

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the transcription is off; I've had a few calls as well that were miscategorized (listed as "quantities" when it was a discovery call, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gong is the best coaching tool as a rep that I've seen. It lets my manager quickly and easily parce my calls and find the mistakes and good things, without having to listen to the whole recording.

For me as a rep it's been to visually know how many questions I asked. I'm a visual learner, so I can see onscreen how many questions I've asked to improve my calls.

Gong review by <span>John M.</span>
John M.

"Making myself a better sales rep everyday."

What do you like best?

Tracking my prospect's talk time. Since we have become a customer, I've made a focused effort to increase the amount of time my prospects spent talking. Every sales person will tell you that listening is the key to making more sales. However, it's been hard to track how much time you spent listening. I review every call to see what the ratio was between me and the prospect. I've since greatly improved my rate of asking open ended questions that in turn allow me to ask more specific questions. I make a conscious effort to keep my prospects involved through the demo. Before Gong, I'd get off calls and think that felt like a two way conversation. Now I know when that's the case. Now I know where I have to improve and I can coach myself. On top of that, managers can now give more specific feedback to us.

What do you dislike?

Gong occassionally has trouble identifying words. It's a minor problem and I fully expect it to get better as their user base grows and they invest in their product. Even if it got worse, it's such a minor problem that Gong would still be worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you conduct sales/meetings/prospecting via the phone, get Gong. The product is great as is and it is rapidly improving. I'm still improving because of it.

We're increasing our conversion rates for sales calls. It allows my fellow reps to listen to portions of calls before the next call to pick up on anything they missed. After every call, I track how much time I spent talking vs. my prospect. It has forced me to make a conscious effort to ask more open ended questions. The conversation shouldn't end after discovery. It's allowed managers to focus on key parts of their reps' calls and tailor coaching individually. It's allowed new hire to listen to top reps' calls to decrease ramp time.

Bottom line: ramp times go down, conversion rates go up, best practices are shared, and reps can coach themselves.

Gong review by <span>Toby L.</span>
Toby L.

"Game Changer for a Product Team"

What do you like best?

Simply being able to give our POs and PMs access to Gong so they can listen in to calls no matter where they are in the world. The ability to get alerts when certain phrases are mentioned and then share with my team to discuss.

What do you dislike?

Stats are good, but as a data geek I'd like to see more here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get other teams involved! So many people at the company can benefit from Gong.

We're able to understand how products and pitched and discussed after we launch them. With a large sales team, the product team can keep a pulse on how our products are positioned. We can also understand what clients are asking for.

Gong review by <span>Matt K.</span>
Matt K.

"A must-have for any high-performing sales team"

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of the talk to listen ratio metric. It enables you to focus on making a conscious effort to ask more open-ended questions. The UI is super clean and it's very user friendly. The support team is also a big plus, providing communications around product updates and scheduling regular account reviews in order to ensure we're getting the most out of our investment in the tool. And don't forget to subscribe to their blog. There's a ton of solid content being published based upon aggregated research across their customer's use of the tool which is establishing them as real thought leaders in the space and great for adding to the sales playbook.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind, the experience has been overwhelmingly positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start a trial and you will no doubt start to see the benefits immediately. Also, encourage other business units e.g. Customer Success, to leverage the tool and improve their account management calls.

Gong is reinventing the way we perform sales coaching. Instead of sitting in on a rep's call and trying to remember everything that happened, I can easily review a number of demos in a condensed period of time. This allows us to hone in on certain aspects of the demo like pricing, handling objections, setting next steps etc. and provide more targeted feedback that's easier to digest. Looking at the data across all of our reps we can then start to recognize trends around what is helping us win deals, and share those best practices across the team.

Gong review by <span>Andy L.</span>
Andy L.

"Batting Practice for Sales/Customer Success"

What do you like best?

Gong makes call coaching easy for a busy schedule - if I don't want to listen to the whole call, or ALL my team's calls, I can easily pinpoint moments in the conversation to review. I love that my team can forward their calls to me that they want me to listen to, and internally I love that my team is sharing calls with each other to get better. Setting up reports to alert me when our competitors are mentioned in calls, "price," identifying negative emotions, etc.

What do you dislike?

Hard to fix, but word recognition in words spelled multiple ways with different meanings. Outside of that, I would say that any time we have a suggestion, Gong's team is quick to adapt and make their product better. I'm a big fan.

I can't listen to every call my team has, even though I'd like to. Gong allows me to be strategic in listening to the calls that matter most, in the parts that matter most, and provide feedback while it's still fresh in my team's mind.

Gong review by <span>Robby C.</span>
Robby C.

"Gong + Pinterest"

What do you like best?

I like how gong will color code what you were talking about. It helps make things really easy to find so that I can know where my strengths are. It helps me also know if I am wasting time talking too much about one part of our product. It helps me be able to easily find key points to listen to. It also is very helpful if I forget something about our phone call. I can go back and easily find what I need to listen to to best help our partners.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the emails that I get each morning telling me about my calls. I know that they are there, they are already on my calendar. I also think that the color code is sometimes a bit off of what we are actually talking about. It will sometimes mark small talk when I am actually talking about business related things to our partners. I have also noticed that gong doesn't record all of our calls, that may be a problem on our end but something that I have noticed none the less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the easiest phone reviewing system that I have worked with. It is easy to search and find calls that are most related to what I need to learn. Its easy to train and to improve performance.

We are finding trends of what phrases are effective and what things are not. I have personally benefited by listening to my co-workers calls to learn from them. It is great to be able to listen to the phone calls of people who are doing really well at their job and choose which one of their calls based on the color code that tells me which one to listen to based on what I need to work on.

Gong review by <span>David L.</span>
David L.

"Gong changed the way I sell (for the better)!"

What do you like best?

Gong is my single most important tool in our tech stack. It affords me the opportunity to listen with intent rather than focusing on scribbling notes while engaged in a conversation. I love that I can sit down with my team and obtain different perspectives on nuances within a conversation. Also the ability to live listen to a team member and chat notes or tips is an awesome way to lend a hand without joining the call.

What do you dislike?

Personal growth often comes with pain. At times listening to my own calls, Gong has helped deliver some epic cringes. Unfortunately I cannot blame Gong for that one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There really isn't another service that is as good or attentive to their customer base as Gong. I still get personal emails from the CEO despite just being a user/not a decision maker. They care about their customer base.

Gong is helping us improve our conversations, and get better as a team. We are more collaborative, constructive, and prescriptive. It also gives us an accurate read of the level of talent we have as an organization and where we need to focus our remedial efforts.

Gong review by User in Internet

"Account Executive - SaaS sales"

What do you like best?

I love that I can go to any point in a conversation that begins with the questions I asked to find out if there was a better way to ask it, or what I could have done differently. Since it records all spoken words, I can find the competitors, key discussion items, budget cycles, etc. without writing anything down and actually missing out on being present in the conversation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the talk tracks don't exactly match up with those that are speaking, and when there are multiple users in a room on one line, it's very difficult to know who is speaking unless they specifically say their name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep making improvements! Excited to see the future of the company!

This is a great software piece that actually helps me become better at my job. Rather than always thinking back and saying, "what if?", I can now review all of my calls, learn from my successes and failures in order to be better prepared the next time I meet with clients. In addition to be a completely collaborative software, finding any little of nugget that was said, but not actually heard, is extremely powerful to bring to the table and ensure that you are always on the same page with your team, and clients.

Gong review by User in Computer Software

"Not only for closing Deals"

What do you like best?

The recorded calls with video

I'm in the Customer Success department and I frequently use Gong for the following reasons:

- Learn about my primary contacts (champion/buyer) see what their personality is like

- Understand what goals they are trying to achieve

- Core reasons they moved forward with us being their vendor of choice

- Adding additional context on the client that otherwise the best AE handoff would not be able to provide

Gong provides so much value to my day-to-day life that I will be advocating for them everywhere I go.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, Gong is really surpassed my expectations that I cannot think of anything that I dislike at this time. Even our Account Manager is quick to followup at the user level, which is great to know that Gong doesn't focus only to the buyer/champion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't have to only be used for sales. Think about your current issues and how a recorded & documented call could benefit you.

- Understand what goals they are trying to achieve

- Core reasons they moved forward with us being their vendor of choice

I also used this frequently as I was going through my onboarding cycle as a new employee. Listening to the top sales people and even people within my department take on calls enabled me to quickly learn best practices, and the industry lingo.. list goes on. I used it on the train to and from work to expedite my training and ramping up.

It also tracks questions within the video, which I play to track and build a stronger FAQ sheet for our new hires

Gong review by <span>Scott S.</span>
Scott S.

"Game changing technology for the modern sales team..."

What do you like best?

Gong makes it easy to analyze and provide feedback to our sales team. We've adopted it as a best practice both for our account executives and management team and seen great results. As a manager, I review at least one call per week of everyone on my team, and we use this in our 1:1 meetings to improve. In addition, new hires can easily listen to calls as they ramp, AEs can review a discovery call to make sure they dont miss anything, and the product allows you to be smart about what you track to make it easy to pull out key findings from every call. Add an amazing customer support team that is proactive in helping you learn how to use the tool & customize to your busineess, and its a great fit for any modern sales team looking to grow & improve. Invest in this technology to invest in improving your sales team, and I promise you'll see increased bookings.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dont like. If you want a new feature, their team will listen & add it to the roadmap.

Discovery is a key part of every deal, and Gong has helped our team improve tremendously. Coaching your reps and helping each improve pays dividends, and Gong makes this easy.

"Gong is amazing!"

What do you like best?

I am so grateful that my company decided to invest in Gong--it's an incredible learning tool. I love being able to listen to my calls, but also something that helps me break my calls down into metrics. I can work to improve my talk time VS customer talk time, review my filler words, review the structure of my calls in relation to the structure of calls of more successful reps. I also LOVE being able to go back and listen to my calls on different speeds after the fact.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot, as an individual rep! I think the only issues I've encountered are occasionally in its integration with GoToMeeting, it blips in and out and you hear the "dial in/dial out" chime noise. But honestly, not a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! As an individual rep, it has seriously and truly helped me have more effective and successful conversations.

Gong gives the business the ability to set goals. Our team has the goal of reducing the ratio of our talk time in comparison to customer talk time to 60:40, and this gives me something to work towards. Our team also has the goal of mentioning our user conference in every conversations, and this is trackable with Gong.

Gong review by User

"Great for both learning and accuracy"

What do you like best?

I love that you can skip around to where certain people are talking. I also like the tags so you know if pricing was talked about, etc. You can also see if competitors were mentioned.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a while for the call to show up in Gong, and sometimes I would like to be able to review it right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If listening to calls isn't easy and quick, it won't happen. You can drill down to what you need to hear easily in Gong, so it makes people more likely to do so.

Sometimes when speaking with a prospect, they will give really technical information very quickly - more quickly than I can write it down. With Gong I can go back and listen again so my notes from the call are perfect. Also, I am scheduling calls for another person, so when I want to hear how the call went after I passed it on, I can do so. It helps me learn but also helps me make sure things were done correctly.

Gong review by <span>Lee F.</span>
Lee F.

"Gong - accelerating sales one call at a time "

What do you like best?

Where to start. First, I no longer have to take notes which means I can focus exclusively on what the person on the other end is saying. Trends analysis. How do I rank among my team? Valuable data! How about the analytics from thousands of calls and winning sales metrics! Amazing. Love this product. Would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

Literally, nothing that I don't like, but since I have to write something - I don't like that I can’t use it for in-person meetings or for conversations I have over the phone that are not on GTM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly highly recommend for sales organizations. As a salesperson, this tool has directly lead to me closing more business and being more on top of my pipeline.

Problems: remembering what they said. Worrying about taking notes. Not having visibility into how much I am talking vs them. Looking at analytics among the team. Receiving feedback and coaching.

Gong review by <span>Ashley D.</span>
Ashley D.

"Fast, Effortless Call Recording"

What do you like best?

Gong has been a game-changer for audio recording. In the past, the process of reviewing call recordings was a huge hassle. Being able to search multiple calls by keyword and see a breakdown of who is speaking when have made this process much faster and smoother.

What do you dislike?

The search function isn't perfect, and sometimes it doesn't catch words perfectly. But overall it's a great feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just use it for sales calls -- it can be a great tool for other teams who need to record internal meetings for future review (especially distributed teams).

We have a solid database of recorded calls that have great information, but surfacing that information to the team for research and review can be challenging. Gong makes it easy for us to extract insights from our sales calls and customer interviews.

Gong review by <span>Joel M.</span>
Joel M.

"Gong is a must have!"

What do you like best?

There are so many things I LOVE about Gong that it's difficult to narrow it down but what I like best is the ability to listen to my call at any point and time, and have all the necessary information about the call at my fingertips (analytics).

What do you dislike?

I love being able to listen to my calls on my cell phone but it would be great to have an app instead of logging in through a web browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gong is a must have, it's been a game changer for every department here at Act-On. Their product is amazing and somehow they continue to find ways to make it better. Aside from the product, I've had the opportunity of working with a large majority of the individuals within the organization and from the top to the bottom every single person has been a pleasure to work with.

One of the great things about Gong is how versatile it is. When I first started using Gong I was a Sales Rep and since then I've transitioned into a new role as a Renewal Manager.

The benefit Gong provides me today is the ability to listen to any customer call that I wasn't a part of. I don't have to rely on anyone elses notes (if they took notes), or hope that they're in the office. This helps me fully understand the entire customer relationship/partnership and have the best possible opportunity to retain the business.

Gong review by <span>Brett S.</span>
Brett S.

"If you care about getting better and making your team better, use Gong!"

What do you like best?

Automated alerts providing a birdseye into which calls I need to focus on coaching the most every day. Saves so much time for you to cherry pick calls related to deals over a certain size ($50k+), calls that mention competitors, strategy, timing, ANYTHING.

3 other Great things:

- Individual users on your team can "share" calls they want their managers to review after it's completed

- helps managers suggest which calls their team leaders should listen to each day

- when reviewing the calls, inputting notes at the exact minute/second they happen for easier reference to coach

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point. I've only been using it for a couple months but to this point, everything from the product to usability to deliverability and results has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Provide to ALL users

- Make sure to set up your alerts

- Be proactive -- make it a point to set aside time every day because this WILL make you and your team(s) better

Coaching to make individuals better, learning about new areas I can get better at coaching on, winning deals vs competitors, instilling more confidence in reps -- this is a

Gong review by <span>Carmella K.</span>
Carmella K.

"Essential for my Sales Development Team"

What do you like best?

I'm using Gong for my Sales Development Team and it has become an essential source of analyzing our prospecting methodologies .

It allows reviewing and improving our techniques constantly.

For on boarding it is an absolute must!

The ability to search for any keyword is very powerful.

Feature requests are taken seriously and are added quickly.

What do you dislike?

I'm using Gong now for over 6 month and haven't found a single flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are keen to improve performance, gain visibility and shorten your on-boarding Gong is a perfect fit!

We're constantly trying to improve the SDR performance and Gong provides not only insights on call volumes but also excellent customer service.

My new hires get ramped in half of the time by just listening to calls of their peers.

When Opportunities get pushed out it very much helps to be able to go back and listen again to what has previously been discussed.

Gong review by <span>Chad S.</span>
Chad S.

"THE sales coaching tool"

What do you like best?

Gong does an amazing job of utilizing technology to help scale our sales coaching but still providing ACTUAL business value. Too many solutions in this space try to win you over with transcription accuracy and other AI tech but at the end of the day, Gong is the best solution to help make your reps better.

What do you dislike?

With any tool in a new space, there are some common business questions I can still not answer. The Gong team has already taken some of my feedback and added it which is encouraging but I still think they can improve with their reporting and analytics.

Scaling our coaching. We can make sure that everyone on our team can continue to improve and become better sales reps without sales leadership listening on every call. It has also created a culture where our reps look for feedback and want to help others via Gong.

Gong review by <span>Carolyn M.</span>
Carolyn M.

"Life Saver for Sales"

What do you like best?

Gong is simple, effective, and a must-have for sales teams' improvement. The UI allows for easy navigation through recorded calls so that you can review specific points of conversation and share them with coaches, customers, or prospects. It is also a great way to measure your stats compared to peers (talk time, interactions, longest monologues, etc.). This is an incredible tool.

What do you dislike?

No complaints about the current product and features, but I would like the ability to record calls that are not linked to my calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it - Gong makes an immediate impact, it was very clear from the start of our trial. This is the tool that has had the most positive effect on my day-to-day and making my life easier as an Account Executive.

The biggest problem prior to having Gong was missing out on crucial details during conversations, or failing to note them for reference later. With 4 or 5 calls per day, it's easy to forget talking points, to do's, and other pieces of information that will be necessary to know in a sales cycle. Now we're able to review nearly every call and retrieve information that was missed, allowing for more targeted follow-up and a better understanding of customer needs.

Gong review by <span>Madison D.</span>
Madison D.

"Great resource! "

What do you like best?

Gong segments our conversations down to specific words. This software is not only easy to use but also provides our sales team with realtime feedback on our conversations so that we can be constantly improving! It's also great to review old calls from our best sales people to learn from their conversations. We use Gong recordings to train newcomers, measure effectiveness of key words, and review our sales process. I personally benefit greatly from the "filler worlds" section of the conversation breakdown. It's shown me how distracting fluffy phrases like "sort of" and "you know" can be in conversation.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to organize our conversations into folders so that all of our best conversations can be in the same place. (This might even be a current feature that I'm not utilizing).

We also experienced some company-wide technical difficulties due to failed communication between Gong and Outreach. However, this was eventually resolved and our recordings were retrieved. This may be a state law issue, but gong does not capture recordings for in-bound calls.

Gong enables our sales team to review and analyze our calls with clients which helps us streamline our sales process. We use gong in every deal opportunity from initial qualification to sales close. We also use Gong in our sales training process by providing new hires with real-world example calls which we've found to be more effective than traditional role-play approaches.

Such a great asset!

Gong review by <span>Edan G.</span>
Edan G.

"The Best Product Ever"

What do you like best?

Gong's sharing features are amazing. With traditional tools like Go to meeting I have to wait hours for my session to finish before I can send it to my customers and then I have to go through hoops to be able to actually share the large file with them. Gong let's me quickly share my calls with clients or prospects right after the meeting without the administrivia.

Furthermore, Gong's breakdown of the speaking time by speaker helps me review my calls and see if I am really listening to my customer or just talking at them. This is a really powerful tool for any Customer Success Manager /Account Manager / Account Exec / SDR.

What do you dislike?

Would love a better "remember me" functionality but this is really minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it for yourself - its great

I am able to record all calls without having to think about it. I can easily share calls with customers, and MOST importantly - I have a great resource to learn about what I am doing right and where I can improve when working with my customers.

Gong review by User

"Account Executive getting great value from Gong"

What do you like best?

Gong is very user friendly. You get the license and you're off and running. Gong does a phenomenal job recording calls and the quality of the call when listening back is superior. Gong has been great for listening to calls where you might have missed key details OR need to double check for understanding. We have been able to expand our uses of Gong outside of the sales team and really has become an organization wide tool

What do you dislike?

I have been using Gong for about a year and I do not have any complaints. It has been a game changer.

Gong has been a great addition to our Sales organization. Gong has provided the opportunity for personal, team and cross departmental growth and is leveraged in many capacities on a daily basis to move our pipeline forward as well as provide visibility and training opportunities to colleagues across the organization.

Gong review by <span>Karra H.</span>
Karra H.

"I recommend Gong to everyone I know"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with my calendar so every meeting is automatically recorded (how many times have you forgotten to hit record on a meeting??). When reviewing recordings, I love the visualization of when and where different people on the call are speaking so it makes it easy to skip through to key parts of the conversation that I want to pay attention to. The integration with Salesforce to show the meeting links directly in the activity history of an Opp,. And then I love how it shows you the common words used in the call - especially for win/loss interviews, this can be valuable in the evaluation.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could do in Gong is download the call recording as a video file, as it'd be nice to do that once in a while. But it's not a deal breaker in any way. For what I need them for, they do everything I need and I don't have any complaints. And whenever I've had questions or needed help, I love how their support chat is right there in-app.

We use Gong across our entire business. Sales and Support uses it for coaching and training, as well as an easy way to share a recorded meeting with a prospect or customer, I personally love it for win/loss interviews where I may need to review a call a few times or share it with colleagues. I love it because we use Webex, it joins my call automatically, I don't have to remember to hit record, and I don't have to worry about exceeding my Webex recording limits which I do frequently.

Gong review by <span>Brian A.</span>
Brian A.

"Gong is a solid product for any sales stack"

What do you like best?

Gong is an simple way to monitor your reps and provide instant and relevant feedback to them all while compiling applicable data across all calls to help you drive your business.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a more robust hierarchy built into the app..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gong is a solid product and worth looking into for your org. We use it for both our sales and post sales teams to record and capture data on all our customer interactions. The UI is intuitive and easy to use all while providing a rich feature set. In the time we have been a customer they have provided excellent support and continue to improve the product with new and relevant features.

Gong helps us coach our reps on individual calls with a simple and intuitive UI that enables quick and relevant coaching. The voice to text capture allows our company to compile data to enable the ability to track trends for both advantages and warning signs across the whole organization. We use Gong for both our sales and post sales organizations.

Gong review by <span>Brian D.</span>
Brian D.

"Value added to focus more on the call and less on the note taking"

What do you like best?

Gong makes running sales calls easy again. Now that everything is accurately recorded and analyzed, I can spend more time engaging with the potential customers and knowing full well that I can get back to their questions after the call is complete. No longer do I have to write notes while speaking and that has created a much nicer flow to the overall conversation.

What do you dislike?

Really, there's not much to dislike here. It gives me everything I need, and if the customer doesn't want to be recorded it makes it easy to remove that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it and give it a try. You may be hesitant at first to have your calls recorded, but it is so useful to go back re-listen to these conversations months later when the customer wants to re-engage

Added benefit of having an ear on the conversation helps dramatically increase my conversational flow. The analysis feature allows me to gauge my calls and assess if I have been talking too much or too little, and the ability to jump right into the conversation where specific pieces like pricing, timing, etc have been discussed makes things very efficient. It's also extremely useful to be able to speed up the conversation. Our company has been sharing these calls with the sales teams and we've all picked up a ton of useful info by doing so.

Gong review by <span>Kelly W.</span>
Kelly W.

"A Sales Managers Dream"

What do you like best?

Being able to pause and annotate certain parts of the call and tag individuals so they can see my notes. We LOVE being able to tag people in order to promote additional visibility and then capture our top performers in their element of doing good and also use them as examples for onboarding/training new reps on what they need to do.

What do you dislike?

Nothing currently. They have made a TON of strides in order to connect to CRM and other VoIP providers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to capture all the great things that typically go unnoticed on a call, this is for you. If you are looking for something to capture calls, analyze top performers and coach more effectively, this is also for you. Gong is definitely a disrupter and we love the level of detail we get from analytics.

Looking to speed up the coaching process and have more effective 1:1's with reps. We came to Gong because of the ease of use and loved that we could prep calls beforehand and not have to awkwardly fast forward through calls or even FIND the calls to begin with. It greatly enhanced meetings.

Gong review by <span>Jennifer M.</span>
Jennifer M.

"Certfied Gong Junkie"

What do you like best?

I LOVE being able to focus on my customer and our conversation instead of taking notes or thinking about making sure I don't miss anything. I listen to Gong likes is a radio station at work. I'm either re-listening to a previous client call in preparation for a follow up call, or I'm listening to a demo or another rep's pitch while I'm doing other things. I'm an avid 'commenter' so it's easy to share calls internally - ie, I need the product person to listen to these sound bites. Lastly, I love being able to share calls back with clients. It's amazing how often I've had the client ask if I have a recording after a good discussion, presentation or demo (and I can tell if they looked at it :).

What do you dislike?

I'd like more options for filing/organizing calls. I would love an 'auto gong' button physically on my phone so I could just hit record whenever I have a call with a client that isn't a conference call. I do find that now that i rely on gong so much, it's harder for me to recall conversations that aren't recorded :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm a fan...

Recalling specific to do's, or specific data points that a client has shared with you is huge for me. I also love how efficient it can be to share customer feedback truly verbatim internally. The speed up and comment features can make gong even more efficient than having a meeting to relay how you recall a meeting...

Gong review by User

"Gong has helped my daily life"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use Gong to re-listen to my calls. Understand what went well and what didn't. I can focus on my calls when I am on the call instead of stressing about taking notes. I can always re-listen to my calls

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only negative I have is that if someone else starts the meeting (if I created it) the call does not record. It's an issue if we are all in one room and my computer isn't the one that is being used as the main

I am able to save time on calls taking notes

I love that I can just shoot a message through Gong to my manager and get feedback on a specific part of the call or on the whole call. It really allows me to get real honest feedback. Instead of me relaying messages all the time, he can listen to it himself.

Gong review by User

"Great tool to analyze sales calls!"

What do you like best?

I like how you can control the pace of the recording. It's helpful for when you are searching through the conversation for specific terms or points for a follow-up. I also really like how quickly the tool analyzes the calls and get processed to the Gong Library for review.

What do you dislike?

haven't had this happen to me personally, but I have heard instances where a recording was set to take place and the system failed and nothing was recorded, which is obviously a bad thing. Other than that nothing really, should implement interactive content into their web strategy, but that's a conversation for another day ;)

We use Gong to analyze our sales calls, our sales leaders can critique our sales reps and coach new reps. As SDR's, if we miss a call, we can always go back and take notes to assist in the sales process

"Marketing & Gong"

What do you like best?

I love how I can easily see the different aspects of the call (such as discovery). I work as a content marketer and I use Gong to see exactly what our clients are looking for, and it's so helpful to be able to skip from section to section quickly to get the information that I need.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more ways to organize calls besides mine, my team, and the company. It would be cool if I could organize/search through calls based on calls where the prospect speaks a lot or something to that effect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like to increase sales visibility and facilitate easier coaching, I would recommend Gong to your organization.

Gong helps individuals who aren't directly involved with sales easily understand the sales process. I really feel like Gong helps me more accurately understand how to market to our customers.

Gong review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

"Fantastic sales coaching software"

What do you like best?

Gong gives you the ability to quickly drill down into sales calls, helping to identify high-level trends and specific areas of improvement.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike, frankly their customer support team has been great and the product has been working well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program, and they'll allow you to do a pilot prior to subscribing.

We have a large sales team, and managers can't listen into every single call that goes on each day. With Gong, we're able to analyze the calls when we have time, offer feedback and effectively coach our new sales reps. We've made a good amount of ground in terms of improving call quality and aligning methodology.

Gong review by <span>Patrick Y. P.</span>
Patrick Y. P.

"How to fix coaching"

What do you like best?

For years coaching has taken a back seat to our other priorities and it always weighed on me, I knew it was important but didn't have the bandwidth to do it well. Gong makes coaching much simpler and efficient in an elegant platform, so it's finally become a regular piece of our sales & customer success management routine. Additionally, the data captures on keywords, i.e. competitor tracking, surfaces really interesting insights

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce integration could be beefed up, but I'm sure this is in the roadmap

Finally being able to coach Account Executives and Customer Success Managers in an efficient way. Using Gong's accurate keyword tracking to surface actionable insights, i.e. how many times are certain competitors mentioned on calls, what is each reps talk to listen ratio and how do we improve that, how many questions are we asking on our calls, etc.

Gong review by <span>Eric W.</span>
Eric W.

"Great Tool for Information Sharing and Continuous Improvement"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to 'listen' to keywords or topics that are meaningful to me and monitor their trends over time in a visual sense. The ability to then immediately go to specific sections of calls that mentioned what I cared about and hear the actual customer themselves is powerful.

What do you dislike?

The UX/UI is still in a very much 'in progress' stage but this is to expected with a newer application and it still does what it needs to do which is what matters.

As a product manager Gong makes it easy for me to monitor how our customers are speaking about our products - without the need to jump in multiple calls throughout the day. I can also monitor how our team speaks about the products and ensure we are best presenting their value to our customers.

Gong review by <span>Nina P.</span>
Nina P.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Gong allows you to listen back to calls - pick up on cues or information you may have initially not captured from your buyer. I also like that there is a mobile app now and the ability to listen to others calls for professional development/ Sales Coaching.

What do you dislike?

So far, I can't think of anything I dislike. In the past they did not have an app, but they now have an app with offline capabilities as well.

Using Gong at our Company promotes professional improvement and the drive to improve as a sales professional across the entire organization - realizing what works and what doesn't work in a sales call/presentation and steering the ship accordingly to ultimately win more deals.

Gong review by <span>Nancy F.</span>
Nancy F.

" It's a win-win product, I now collaborate with my colleagues to exceed our quotas. "

What do you like best?

Gong is word analyzed, I can click to hear budget, timeline, requirements, and which guest is speaking, and then I can fast forward, replay, and /or share.

What do you dislike?

I have found no flaws, and just look for different ways to enhance my engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a must have technology, in an instant you can provide an environment to replay calls and demos, share and collaborate with both prospects and colleagues until everyone is on the same page.....record targets.

I can much more easily focus on "being present" during my call rather than focusing on taking notes and missed words. Whether it be timeline, project requirements, a technical call, or just re-listening to a challenging accent or a plain fast talker.

I now have the ability to reiterate or quote from my prospect's own words rather than relying on what I thought I heard.

Gong review by <span>Kraig G.</span>
Kraig G.

"Game changer for accountability, notes, and training"

What do you like best?

I love being able to go to Gong for calls where I need to remember specific details of a previous call. I also love the coaching capabilities and language analytics. It has made me exponentially more effective as a communicator in both my work and home life.

What do you dislike?

In the past, I wished there were more ways to edit a call before sharing it with a prospect. This is something that has recently been fixed, but I have not tried it out yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended Gong to 3 other sales leaders in other organizations. It is a gamechanger and will significantly impact close rates. There are only so many swings... Gong helps to make them really count.

Coaching, call replay, and analytics have all impacted me positively. It has saved time in writing pages of notes after a call - maybe this isn't a great thing... but I review previous calls before entering a new call already so it doesn't matter a whole bunch.

Gong review by <span>Michael E.</span>
Michael E.

"Great Sales tool that makes Recording calls and meetings simple"

What do you like best?

Gong is s easy to use, and tenured reps can use it not only to go back and listen to calls for notes etc but also for continued training to ensure my sales skills are staying sharp. This is also a great tool for ramping up new employees, they can listen to multiple reps and their approach to different sales calls, from voicemails they leave to an online demo and presentations. This allows new reps to ramp up quickly without having to wait for a sales rep to book a call and invite them. They can listen and then debrief with each specific sales reop ensuring everyone's time is being used wisely. Prior to gong recording call was too much of a hassle to do it on any type of consistent basis.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I've pinpointed as of yet that has been negative

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about using Gong, don't hesitate, they make it so easy to use, you'd be silly not to use it if its available to you and you in sales, service, training, or support.

Coaching Sales and our Customer Success in areas of improvement while listening to their calls. The amount of time we are spending to ramp up new reps has decreased significantly.

Gong review by <span>Alex D.</span>
Alex D.

"Simply THE BEST sales coaching tool out there"

What do you like best?

The ability to have AI dissect, analyze and "observe" my sales reps web meetings and calls. This tool has allowed me to have hours of my day back by recording my reps demos and giving me the ability to hone in on key areas of focus. I'm able to listen in real time if I want, but what I truly love is the ability to give feedback that can be shared and viewed by all my reps. Usually if one rep needs coaching in a certain area, odds are my other reps do as well.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, I can't think of much that I dislike. I would like to start seeing the observations made by the Gong content/marketing team (this is what they use to create their world class sales blog) automatically tied into the Gong recording; so I wouldn't just be looking at pure data I would also have their suggestions on each call.

More time back in my day. I don't have to sit in on every meeting. Coaching can be done after the fact, rather than in real time where feedback is tougher to give with a client or prospect on the line. Analytics, insights, and trends that I would otherwise have no way of tracking. Reps being able to share successful (and not successful) calls to help educate and teach other reps.

Gong review by <span>Justin M.</span>
Justin M.

"Scary-good"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to search through demos by keyword to find the exact sections I want to review, pass on for coaching and feedback, or send to product. Now I don't have to worry about scribbling down every last note during the demo, but can go back and watch the meeting later to add additional details. It also tags directly into SFDC, so anyone else with visibility into that account/opp can check out the call as well.

What do you dislike?

The transcribe feature is a great concept, but still has some major flaws that keep it from being as useful as you'd want. It would be nice to be able to simply copy and paste some ares of the demo into SFDC for notes purposes rather than retyping, trying to guess at what was actually being said, or actually listening to the meeting again. I'm also hoping that gong isn't secretly the beginning of Skynet and now we're responsible for the end of humanity. Machines, please be kind to us when you rise to power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about all the times you wanted to get help on a specific scenario, but couldn't remember exactly how it went...now you can just search for that section in the demo and tag your manager/coach for feedback. Incredible.

Training for new team members, coaching, product feature request cases, etc.

I have been able to view gold standard demos from peers and team leaders to help as I learn as well as review my own demos to look for areas for improvement and coaching.

Gong review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Great way to automatically record & share calls with customers & employees"

What do you like best?

You can look up the call recording online at any time, search it for any spoken words and share it with colleagues at Qordoba or with customers. Keyphrases related to the call are automatically added to the call and searchable.

What do you dislike?

If you add a meeting link to a call on a whim, it takes a few minutes to start recording on Qordoba (no instant) but I am sure it will improve with product enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it for your Sales and CS teams and share the recordings across departments so you can learn from each other constantly.

Automation of call recording for future, training for future customers at the company, analysis of calls, opportunity to review calls.

You can't be all your customer calls as a manager but with Gong you can listen to them later at your convenience. It also allows you to analyze content, search for it by keywords and limit how long a customer can access the recording.

It is also very to set up and use without any training.

Customer service has been very responsive as well.

Gong review by <span>Katie B.</span>
Katie B.

"Amazing tool to have all around"

What do you like best?

Having worked at companies in the past who didn't have a tool like Gong, I'd like to start by saying that it's an absolute must. Having it for onboarding helped me to ramp quicker, I could easily search key phrases or words that I wanted to hear in calls, topics, customers, etc. As a Customer Success Manager, I can't tell you how often I look back on call recordings and an important insight to me is how much talking I do versus the customer - as someone who is always working on improving listening more than I speak. On top of that, Gong also provides relevant feedback and tips and emails the recording so quickly. I'm able to share it with my customers and also with our team in folders for future reference.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, don't have anything to say that's negative

Onboarding, coaching, account reflection (imagine a rep leaving that didn't have notes in SFDC, but having Gong to retrace those steps), knowledge sharing, etc.

Gong review by <span>Sam P.</span>
Sam P.

"ONE OF MY FAVORITE TOOLS"

What do you like best?

I love this tool so much. If you are not using Gong to record, analyze and self-educate all your calls than you are missing out and leaving money on the table. I love the ability to go into Gong listen to my own calls to correct myself so that the next time I get on a phone call I don't make the same mistakes. I also love listening to more senior sales reps, so that I can pick up tips, tricks, phrases and anything else I can learn to make my sales game better.

Also, want to point out that I have had a really great experience with their support team. In the very beginning, I had some difficulty getting it working (user error), but they got on the phone and walked me through the entire process of getting it all worked out.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could record my phone calls without having to set up a meeting and conference line. I don't know if the software exists or even if it would be possible. I just want more Gong everywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this software is a must-have specifically in Software Sales, but I think it is a must-have in all sales. This is the best way to grow yourself and your teams ability to bring the best experience the to all your prospective clients.

They are solving the problem of not know why you lost a deal, or what you could do to get better. Gong lets you continuously improve your game.

Gong review by User in Computer Software

"Necessary for Customer Success"

What do you like best?

As someone who relies heavily on customer calls for information, I could not imagine not having a way to re-listen to conversations. I try to be present in the moment on calls (which is not always good when trying to take notes) so being able to take notes later is key.

What do you dislike?

Getting a lot of different emails about calls coming up and calls happening in the past can be confusing. I would rather get no emails other than to say my calls are ready for review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good to share call recordings - many of my customers find it helpful to have a place to revisit the information - especially if they aren't taking notes (which is common).

Having a way to share customer calls and information with members of the account team that aren't able to make it to the call. Having a place to store calls so that anyone associated with the account can listen to them are crucial.

Gong review by <span>Christopher O.</span>
Christopher O.

"Amazing Sales Enablement Tool "

What do you like best?

Easy to solicit feedback internally and therefore improve skill set.

Easy to distribute recordings.

Referencing calls retroactively.

Coaching

What do you dislike?

The video is often a bit grainy. Typically this isn't an issue if you understand the context of what's taking place on the call, but if you're attempting to read anything that's not size 28 font on a PowerPoint slide, then good luck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not find a better tool to enable your team.

Listen to the calls that matter the MOST vs finding the needle in the haystack. Converts the call into a transcript to better search for keywords. Represents the call visually so you don't have to listen to the entire call.

Gong review by <span>Logan C.</span>
Logan C.

"Great, Intuitive software"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and makes pulling and reviewing calls a breeze. It's incredibly intuitive and doesn't require extensive training to be able to use all the powerful features it contains.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Gong is when I'm not able to find the calls I'm looking for. However, this typically isn't Gong's fault, rather it's the fact that the call was not able to be pulled into Gong which can be frustrating. But again, not Gong's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only real recommendations that I have is to keep using it! It's a great product with great support and a lot of amazing features that keep impressing us. I've been pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use, and how helpful it has been in our company.

I work in customer success and it helps us provide additional value to our customers in ways we wouldn't be able to if we weren't able to go back and listen to our calls and our salespeople's calls.

Gong review by <span>Mike E.</span>
Mike E.

"Super Easy to use, and adds tremendous Value"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and getting to listen to my calls again when I need to reference anything.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of as of Yet, I was able to use gong without training and haven’t had any questions or issues with it thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

tremendous value for Sales Reps, helps with not only referring back to calls, adds value for training opportunities, and immediately you start to build a library of knowledge for new hires to tap into on day one

Gong allows me to focus on my calls & not worry about notetaking. I can easily refer back to any call at anytime

Gong review by User

"Gong Review from a salesperson"

What do you like best?

I like that Gong pulls details from the call and works well with Salesforce. You can see what topics are discussed through the call and see how much talk time each call member has. I find it helpful too see if I am talking too much or If I am asking the right questions.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that some calls only show one side of the conversation. I know that this is a legal thing but maybe the calls should not even be logged if you can only hear one side of the conversation as they are useless at that point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That is is great for those who want to train new employees or improve their sales team.

Helped me alot during training and if I am looking to improve my calls without having to interrupt anyone else's day.

Gong review by <span>Alex F.</span>
Alex F.

"Gong: A must have in your sales stack"

What do you like best?

Gong seamlessly records, transcribes, and analyzes scheduled calls with prospects and customers. It's completely intuitive to use and requires almost zero implementation. Every department in the company - from sales to marketing, product, engineering, even the exec team will quickly get tremendous value from being able to surface key insights from calls that may have otherwise slipped into the void.

What do you dislike?

The only honest downside I've experienced is the platform will occasionally misidentify and wrongly label speakers which impacts reporting for reps (talk time, etc.).

Gong helped us with call coaching, ensuring consistency in our go-to-market messaging, and sharing valuable information and knowledge across departments that would have otherwise been siloed.

Gong review by <span>Jake R.</span>
Jake R.

"Give me Gong or give me death"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool for coaching, listening, learning, and sharing across offices and teams. We use it a lot for coaching and review across departments, which helps remove silos.

What do you dislike?

As a whole, I do not dislike any portion of the tool. It works great and does exactly what we need. The only downside I suppose is that it's always listening; one bad call and everyone knows about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, better than others in the space.

As a member of the sales team, it is utilized constantly as a coaching tool. Each call across the entire sales organization is recorded and transcribed, and our bosses select various ones to review and provide constructive feedback.

Gong review by <span>Sam J.</span>
Sam J.

"Powerful tool for any sales professional"

What do you like best?

Having an archive of past meetings that is coupled with powerful search/filtering tool is a game changer.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky and slow. Not a deal breaker in my eyes though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a need for any sales team. Having data to back up why you want reps or why a rep personally changes their processes is vital. Gong fills that void.

It helps us to think more strategically about our meetings. Being able to see stats after the call and do a quantitative analysis across successful/ not successful meetings has allowed us to really step our game up.

Gong review by User

"Fantastic sales training tool"

What do you like best?

The auto-tagging feature is super helpful. Sometimes I'm looking for suggestions on how to position a feature of our product and I'll simply search videos where "x" is mentioned.

What do you dislike?

I do think the rebranding is a little tacky. First time user training / "walk me" type orientations could be helpful. There are a lot of features I think could be helpful but I don't really know how to use yet. It is sometimes difficult to search for my fellow colleague's calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a worthwhile investment

Training is huge. Rather than spending hours 1:1 with new employees or having them "shadow" sales calls, Gong provides a fantastic way for anyone to review. Even as a tenured employee of my current company, I frequently go back to review how my management or fellow Sales Engineers are positioning and handling objections.

Gong review by <span>Brad A.</span>
Brad A.

"Gong for Enterprise Sales"

What do you like best?

I don't have to rely on my memory, so I can focus all my attention on the prospect, understanding his/her role in the business, the issues around the role, and the KPIs the prospect is measured. I can focus on good questions and thoughtful answers rather than frantic note taking.

What do you dislike?

I've had a couple technical glitches (couldn't access a call once when I needed it) but customer support was extremely helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Gong for any service or product that requires multiple meetings. If used properly, the platform can make an individual look like a very smart person. I review each previous call the night before the next day's meetings, and I remind my prospects of the issues, questions, and concerns that were discussed in the previous call. I can't get detail like that from notes alone.

Proper follow up, note taking, bringing back pain points later in the sales cycle.

"Simple and useful"

What do you like best?

We started using Gong last year. It replaced recording GoToMeetings and uploading the files into a share drive. Gong is amazing for many reasons: 1) you can immediately listen to anyone's recordings, so if i'm trying to brush up on skills that another employee has, I don't have to ask them for a recording 2) it tracks words, so if I'm looking for a topic I can get to it in seconds, as opposed to wasting time listening to a whole recording searching for something that may not be there. 3) it helps me with my own accounts, i can go back and listen to 1 thing I missed, it is SAVES ME SO MUCH TIME.

What do you dislike?

It is a little disturbing to know that anyone at my company can listen to all of my calls at any time, but that's the drill here, so why not make it simple and efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's amazing, transforms learning and makes us even more agile.

I believe we were solving training and improved sales meetings. I am not the decision maker on buying software internally, but the benefits are clearly massive for our organization. Reps can see what others are doing instantly, brush up on platforms or topics that they need to learn about, and you can go back and listen to recordings and mark parts, or tag people, where you want to spend time.

Gong review by <span>Paul L.</span>
Paul L.

"Gong changed the way I sell"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to ramp faster, have deeper conversations with your prospects because you do not have to focus as much on writing down every detail. Coaching and learning from my peers and management has been monumental for me

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Gong it is an outstanding product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it!

Faster ramp time for myself, cooridinating with customer success teams on customer pain points and project road maps. Product management to understand new features. Engineering uses us to understand in depth integrations needed. The list goes on and on this tool is amazing

Gong review by <span>Andrew H.</span>
Andrew H.

"A great opportunity to learn faster than ever before! "

What do you like best?

I can watch back recordings on demand and quickly skip to topics I care about quickly which saves me a lot of time from having to scrub through the whole recording. I'm also able to take notes, tag other colleagues and point them to certain parts of the recording to support learning and feedback processes!

What do you dislike?

What's there to dislike about conversation intelligence?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to help develop your customer team.

The ability to quickly see patterns of what successful sales executives are doing and sharing those with the wider team. E.g. We can quickly analyse the talk ratios between sales:prospect and topics which are discussed.

Gong review by User

"Changes How I Run my Engineering Team"

What do you like best?

I go back and share with my Sales Engineers exact moments in the call where the audience was engaged and where he/she lost them. They in turn suggest specific timings (e.g. at the 7:10 mark, I got stuck here) in live demos to clients where I can watch and give them over the shoulder guidance on what I would have done differently. It's an incredible tool for ensuring quality across my team.

What do you dislike?

There are some challenges when using the search feature to go find specific calls related to an opportunity from SFDC, but these improve in each version.

I've gotten both reps and engineers up to speed much more quickly using gong. We ensure that lessons learned travel across the team much more quickly and the evidence is live and tested in front of clients.

Gong review by <span>David R.</span>
David R.

"Gong is a must have for Inside Sales Leaders and Sales Reps"

What do you like best?

Gong provides insight on meetings like no other technology. I use gong to help our team in 2 areas:

1. Game Film: Gong allows sales reps and managers to study their strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. Hands-down this is the best tool to provide feedback to an account executive on a call.

2. Understanding our Prospects and Customers: After a meeting you can re-listen to the call to see if we understood their challenges correctly and what areas we missed or did not address on that call. It's a great resource to validate your notes and craft an accurate recap email.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - Gong is a great product that is innovating very quickly. I always look forward to their new releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an inside sales team who runs virtual meetings Gong is an absolute must have! I can't imagine my job without it,

Gong helps us with our sales development and prospect/customer follow-up.

As a director of sales, I can go back and listen to calls to see if we are asking the right questions, how we are over coming objections and how we address the competition. You can easily search a call for key words like competitors, pricing, timeline etc.

Gong helps us be able to go back to previous calls truly understand what the prospect or client said...not what we think they said.

Gong review by <span>Greg R.</span>
Greg R.
Organization Invite" ue="tooltip">Validated Reviewer

"absolute must for an inside sales leader!"

What do you like best?

If I had to pick one feature that really has me hooked on Gong it is the breakdown of the call - talk time percentage to be specific. My team always thought they were engaging in a two way, evenly distributed sales call until I was able to visually show them how much listening they were actually doing. That alone has been a game changer for us!

What do you dislike?

Would really like to see a true call transcription feature as my marketing team would love to use Gong for their podcasts and webinars... would be a great way for you guys to sell more seats too... just saying :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

take it for what it is... a teaching tool.

I needed to visually show my executive team, as well as my reps, how little listening we were actually doing on our calls. We needed a mind-shift internally around how we wanted to engage with our prospects... did we want to present to them, or did we want to help them solve a problem. Being able to dissect our calls to this level of detail has helped everyone become more customer centric.

Gong review by <span>Jake H.</span>
Jake H.

"Must-have solution for organizations conducting online demos & conference calls with customers! "

What do you like best?

For Sales Managers: Gong makes it extremely easy to coach sales reps by automatically recording and analyzing each sales call. Not only can you search for specific words/phrases in individual calls (e.g. "Pricing," "Timing," "Next Steps," etc.), the platform aggregates spoken words and phrases across ALL of your sales conversations (we've had 3,237 in total since June '16), allowing you to gain insight on important trends (e.g. mentions of competitors, terminology used by rep, calls by opportunity value, etc.).

For Users: Our team takes good notes during and after sales calls, but Gong gives both AEs and CSMs the ability to quickly and easily pinpoint important moments when reviewing our previous demos and conversations. We pickup each new conversation with clients as if the last one just ended! Also, while coaching sessions with managers might focus more on deals and strategy, reps can use the recordings to improve speech patterns and cadence, removing "uhhs" and "umms", and develop new vocabulary.

*Bonus: You can send the call recordings to customers very easily!

*Double Bonus: The Gong team is consistently iterating on the product and making the solution better and better every day.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Gong was able to record our impromptu Sales/Training/Support calls! I'd also love to access even more data like aggregate talk/listen time per rep (You have this data on a per call basis, which is still great!). Being able to analyze this information would help our reps track their improvement over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

With a team of sales, success and support reps conducting 5-7 (sometimes more) calls per day, it's nearly impossible to record and save this information for internal review and training.

The time we spend with prospects and customers on conference calls is arguably THE most important time we spend as a company. We needed a way to analyze and improve these conversations to exceed our goals, and Gong let's us do it : )

It's improved transparency, visibility and communication between our sales, success and support teams. If you conduct online demos/conference calls, you need Gong!

Gong review by <span>Shimon S.</span>
Shimon S.

"Customer Success Manager that works with Gong over a year"

What do you like best?

Cool UI (especially after the last upgrade a few months ago), cloud-based, great value.

Fun, simple and easy to use.

Push approach (with all the email notifications - before a call, after a call).

The search page is awesome as well.

I like the fact that I have a library with both all of my previous calls and the entire company calls.

This is a cool tool for onboarding new employees - once they need learn and listen to meetings.

What do you dislike?

I wish I would have better search features cross meetings/recordings (cross-company).

Add Tag options.

Maybe improve the Library page (with topics, subjects). To mark OFFICIAL BEST meetings.

Improve the Video Quality (I would like to take screenshots from the video).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform with great direction.

In my case, I use Gong as an online library. Just to listen to my previous calls in order to send summaries after the calls.

In addition, in case we have handovers between accounts - I use to listen to the most important sales meeting.

Gong review by <span>Michael R.</span>
Michael R.

"Accountability, Training, Learning, Gong Does It All."

What do you like best?

It gives the entire organization the ability to hear both sides of the conversation. Gone are cryptic or incomplete notes in our CRM. It allows us to coach the individual and use it for individual recognition, team training, and to provide insights to people or groups that may otherwise never have the opportunity to hear the full dynamic of what happens on calls

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to create folders to group like calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quite simply, get it!

Much like what I stated in the 'like best' section, we are wanting to hear not only our customer but our employees. From ensuring that tonality is right to the quality of the content and information being discussed, Gong provides the best tool to do so. Our teams appreciate it because the days of having to recap a call multiple times with multiple groups, leaders, executives are gone. We now have a unfiltered and true account of everything that was, or wasn't discussed.

Gong review by <span>Bryon K.</span>
Bryon K.

"A fantastic tool for improving my training calls"

What do you like best?

Gong's post-call analytics are great! I love getting into the stats to identify areas where I can improve my delivery, word choice and customer back-and-forth.

What do you dislike?

While it's really great that Gong identifies users by name, it unfortunately sometimes can't tell certain users apart. So we will see things like "Caller1" or similar unclear names if there are more than 2 users per call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an absolutely fantastic tool for any employee who is going to be on the phone with a customer.

I'm making my calls tighter and making stronger language choices to help bring my clients to value.

Gong review by User in Computer Software

"Closing the circle on sales calls"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the way that Gong breaks the call down in a visual context. The ability to see the actual flow of the conversation broken down by time and participant has been very revealing thus far.

What do you dislike?

So far I don't have any major issues with the interface or functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already using a call tool do yourself a favor and compare that current interface with Gong. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

We have been trying to indicate patters within the buying cycle for our customer base. So far using the keyword tool has provided valuable insight on a call to close basis.

The ability to share clean version of the call directly with customers has been fantastic as well. We didn't realize how well received the option would be.

Gong review by <span>Christopher W.</span>
Christopher W.

"Great insights, easy to use and highly collaborative vendor"

What do you like best?

The insights gained from this tool are very accurate. In addition to this the team that supports this product is well informed and is able to coach us on how to use the insights. Additionally, the team is very driven to mature the product in a way that supports each area of communication media that I have.

What do you dislike?

The site aims to be simple and highly intuitive. However, it is a little overly simplistic, meaning that there are limitations in how I can use the site. Limited filters and search criteria. This is evolving with each iterative release, so I don't think this is a long term limitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to understand what problem you are trying to solve by implementing this tool. This will better enable the Gong team to ensure you are successful and see the gains you were hoping to find.

Onboarding and coaching. We are much quicker to get sales people to a high level of performance.

Gong review by <span>Paul P.</span>
Paul P.

"A must have tool for CS Teams"

What do you like best?

Sharing conversations and transcription.

What do you dislike?

UI. There are a lot of hidden features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have for CS teams. Easy to justify and ROI.

Customer Success. I believe that Gong is a must of tools for CS. The times saved in notes and the ability to share customer conversations can easily justify the price. Simply put, My CS team would take 30 minutes to take notes put into our CRM. In Gong, we can simply past the transcription. We can share the conversation to help with escalations and response from other departments. It is a must-have for CS teams.