Gong

Gong

4.7

Conversation intelligence platform for sales: automatically record, transcribe, and analyze 100% of your sales team's calls using AI.

Work for Gong?

Learning about Gong?

Gong Reviews

Ask Gong a Question
Showing 877 Gong reviews
Gong review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Game changer for the entire team!"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick out one benefit that I like best. Gong has been an amazing solution for our company and has made an impact across all departments—sales, CS, product. If I had to choose one thing I like best I would say it is the built-in coaching. Our reps are able to track their talk time and interactivity level throughout their calls. This feature has changed the behavior of our reps and our consultation calls are now conversations vs. presentations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this point. We were one of the early adopters of Gong and there were lots of gaps in the beginning—but that's expected for any new product. Their product team is amazing and I'm blown away with the speed at which they push out new features.

As a sales manager the ability to know, on demand, what is happening in sales calls is the greatest value to me. A rep can request feedback on an entire call or just one segment and I'm able to listen and provide feedback in the form of timestamped comments. Our reps are improving faster and are more interested in improving their skills because of Gong.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gong
Gong review by Daulton G.
Daulton G.

"Gong is an excellent sales assistant/coaching tool."

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to go back and listen to the calls that I make, as well as being able to review good or bad calls with my manager. It is an excellent coaching opportunity and a great concept.I also like the fact that if I forget a specific detail from a call, I can go back and refresh my memory as to what happened during the conversation in question.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Gong. Perhaps the fact that not all calls are recorded however we cannot really work around the law dictating which states allow recording vs. those that do not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendation other than to simply use it, It is a great tool that can be leveraged in sales and anything in which you may need to re-listen to a call that you have made. In my role, I use it almost every day to listen to my own calls or to send them to my manager to listen to & request feedback from them.

Making self-improvement in selling my business is probably the biggest problem I see being solved by this. Those who are not the best on the phone can listen to themselves and evaluate what areas need improvement.

What Conversation Intelligence solution do you use?

Gong review by Isaac B.
Isaac B.

"Excellent sales tool that allows for self improvement through call review and knowledge sharing. "

What do you like best?

I use Gong for two different things, both of which the platform excels at: keeping track of customer conversations during long sales cycles and as a tool for self-improvement in my own calls.

The first one is self-explanatory, having the capability to go back to any previous customer conversation and easily pull the "highlights" from previous calls - allowing me a level of preparedness I wouldn't have by just relying on my own notes.

The second, as a tool for self-improvement, is probably where Gong has provided the biggest value ad towards my own selling capabilities. Being able to go back, review any of my calls and look at areas that could benefit from improvement, has been hugely beneficial in identifying my own weak points. This, paired with the ability to break down and listen to some incredibly successful calls from others in the organization, has made me stronger at selling our companies product.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike - maybe the voice to text translation (being able to pull transcripts of your calls).. it never seems to work for me very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for large or rapidly scaling sales teams/organisations

Having a library of all the calls in your organization, organized and broken down with recommendations and stats, is a powerful tool to have for sales self-improvement (specifically for onboarding new employees learning the product and sales cycle).

Gong review by Lisa W.
Lisa W.

"Helping me master new sales skills"

What do you like best?

I love that I can tag my use of sales skills through out my call, this keeps me on top of my practice and allows me to get feedback from my manager to see if i used my new skills in the appropriate way. It also keeps me accountable to use best practices and not go back to old habits. It has also been a great training tool to see how my teammates handle certain objections with prospects from similar industry's. I love to download calls from top performers on the gong app and listen on my commute home.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is having to have the prospects emails in your event for Gong to pick up the recording. Sometimes I like to make a separate event and put in my teammates email, and Gong won't pick up the recording. The work around is manually scheduling the call or I white out my conference line and put it in the body of the calendar event to the prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been better then any call recording service I have used.

I have had better demos because I can go back and listen to my discovery calls and write down anything I missed and some better questions to bring up on the next meeting. Reinforces sales training's we have so they don't go to waste.

Gong review by Dillon B.
Dillon B.

"Gong is a game changer for those who take advantage"

What do you like best?

I think one of the best parts of Gong is that it gives the chance to listen in on top performers and fellow associates with great records of success to see how they lead the conversation, the questions they ask, the insights they have and how they approach objections. Its an easy to get on calls on rep calls without having to move your schedule around to do so. The conversation analyzer is great as well. Seeing the ratio of talk time and when things were talked about so you don't have to listen through a long call to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the calls disappear after a certain amount of time. It would be great to just have access to the library of calls from inception to current time. Also, I think a huge improvement would be Gong analysis tagging the highest performing/best talk ratios and throwing together a highlight reel or a "check these great calls out" section so we don't have to dig to find the best conversations to learn from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

learn the system and tools Gong offers to help hone your skills on the phone. It can help if you put the time in!

Gong helps really understand if the conversation is consistent in regard to proper talk time ratios, step process (intro, value prop, questions, next steps) is in effect, and you have the right cadence when talking. It helps you become more self-aware and live in reality rather than an idealized version of yourself.

Gong review by Brooke M.
Brooke M.

"Exceeds my expectations"

What do you like best?

I love how my calls are analyzed and transcribed within minutes of completing the call. I can go back and tag my manager on certain parts of the call if I need him to review a client request. I can also make notes on the call so that if I ever need to refer back to it in the future, it's easy for me to find the key pieces of the convo rather than listening to the whole thing again or reading through the full transcription. Gong has also helped me recap my convo with the client since during the call I want to focus on engaging with the client rather than taking neat and organized notes.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to download only snippets from the call instead of download the full call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a better system of taking good notes during calls so that you can properly follow up with clients afterward, this is exactly what you need.

Better note-taking and sending follow up emails to clients with action items that were discussed during the call

Gong review by Gabriel A.
Gabriel A.

"Gives you the insight you need to succeed."

What do you like best?

Gong makes tracking sales calls so much easier. From the ability to go back and listen to detailed, analyzed recordings, to having an actual transcript of my conversation that I can search, Gong takes the tedious clerical work out of sales, allowing me to spend more time engaging with customers and seeing which sales techniques are most effective. Also, the app is awesome. I love being able to download my calls and listen to them on the commute home when I'm on the train. I can't wait to see what new features the gong team can come up with.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find a way to see transcripts on the app. Otherwise, I think the overall experience is fantastic, speaking as a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a shot. I wouldn't want to go without it now that we've implemented it. All the sales managers say the same thing: it's great.

The amount of time we save now with gong is incredible. It allows me to focus more on having a dialogue with clients, rather than multitasking by writing notes and such. In order to have the same output as before, I would practically need an assistant transcribing all my notes and listening to my calls with me. Now, it makes it so much easier to just focus on my work, making my calls, and knowing that Gong is taking care of everything for me in the background.

Gong review by Jessica S. S.
Jessica S. S.

"BDRs' Dream Sales Enablement Tool "

What do you like best?

Requesting feedback from my supervisor on certain parts of my calls is one of the most valuable features for me. At times, I will come across a question I have never been asked by a prospect, and it's extremely helpful to request feedback at that certain point of the call to gain immediate feedback on how to tailor my response.

What do you dislike?

The translation from voice to "script" is incredibly useful for visual learners. However, the translation is imperfect and has opportunity to improve... Perhaps my southern accent has something to do with it as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage all users of the product to record their calls to heighten its benefits! I enjoy listening to others' calls on the Gong app when I'm getting ready for work, driving, etc. to develop my skills and get different perspectives. We have Gong linked with GoToMeeting, so all calls are recorded.

Account Executives within my organization are able to capture their interactions with prospects, and these conversations are used as training for BDRs. Our sales team in its entirety is held accountable for what they discuss with prospects because we are able to go back and listen to recordings at 2x speed to revisit information.

Gong review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"A must have for customer facing roles"

What do you like best?

As someone who is not in a sales role but uses Gong, I can confidently say I am a huge advocate for Gong. At first I thought it was a 'nice to have'. After using it for a few months I can say that it is a 'must have'. It's like one of those things that if you never used it your life is ok - but once you start using it you can't stop. The ability to easily record and share meetings with clients is incredible. Gong integrates so seamlessly with all of our tools that I never even have to think about it, or spend any time on it - aside from utilizing it's helpful features.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing - I have never run into any issues, or had to spend any time figuring anything out.

My main uses for Gong: Automatically recording my client meetings, reviewing meetings others internally have held with my clients and viewing transcripts of meetings. Also an amazing tool for training, reflection and onboarding new employees.

Gong review by Nick  M.
Nick M.

"Amazing tool that I wouldn't want to be without!"

What do you like best?

I love that Gong is incredibly easy to use and allows me to focus on the content of my meetings instead of worrying about making sure I'm capturing important details in notes.

What do you dislike?

I have Gong setup to auto join my client calls, so the only thing I would say here is that there is a bit of a lag in recording meetings that pop up. It takes time to setup the call get the recording started, so for meetings that are impromptu, often times the first part of those calls are not recorded. Not a huge deal though and can be worked around by manually setting up the call to record, only problem there is that the recorder will still join which then sounds like multiple people have joined the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need this! So many benefits and super easy to use.

So many benefits in using Gong that have led to huge time savings! More details below:

> Great training opportunities to listen to other team member's calls. I have been able to learn about other clients and other team members presentations that I otherwise would not have had access to. This also allows for my manager to listen to my calls and have great coaching opportunities.

> Easy to reference client calls to revisit details of the call and next steps. This has made it easier for me to make sure I'm delivering on agreed upon next steps.

> The organization and search-ability is great, making it super easy to find calls with a certain topic covered, calls by a certain person, or calls with a specific client.

> The ability to share recordings with other internal teams and clients to reference work that we've done is awesome! I have been able to share recordings quickly with clients that they can refer to as needed vs. me having to write up details and take screenshots to recreate things covered on calls = huge time savings.

> The ability to speed up the call when listening back has allowed me to maximize my time by listening to lengthy calls in much less time... again = HUGE time savings.

Gong review by Florin T.
Florin T.

"Great software for onboarding, getting feedback and helping me improve as a Sales Rep"

What do you like best?

Gong has been really helpful as an Account Executive because it allows me to go back to my calls, skip to the parts that I thought I did really well on and those that I think I could improve on and allows me to see what my colleagues are doing so that we can learn from each other.

I particularly like the fact that I can request feedback from my manager at certain points in the call and we typically have a meeting every week where we discuss feedback/improvements. It's also really helpful because the reporting allows me to benchmark my calls with my colleagues and see what they are doing that is working well.

The interface is user-friendly and the software automatically joins your calls, so it's super simple to set up!

What do you dislike?

The transcript feature and the analysis of what topics were discussed in what section of the call are not always super accurate but this hasn't been an issue in getting the main value of the platform, which for me is the ability to get feedback from my manager and see what colleagues are doing.

-Quicker onboarding of sales reps

-Call Coaching/feedback

Gong review by Rob A.
Rob A.

"Gong is an absolute Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Gong is a true solution. Our sales leadership was able to review and coach more calls in 2 weeks than we had in the previous Quarters. Gong also allows your reps to take their own development into their own hands. Reps are learning from our top performers, on their own time, even on the go with their fully functional mobile application. I am able to get right to the most important aspects of the call within minutes, listen to calls at 1.5-2x speed (allowing me to coach more than ever), identify trends between reps, create libraries for on-boarding. All of this took minimal set-up. We were able to gain enough value during our trial period with nearly 100% adoption by all reps. The application is endless, as our CS and Impsec teams now are leveraging the platform as well. Unlimited non-recorded users allow for company wide adoption. Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, BDRs, Leadership can now listen to all sales calls and demos on demand. Also the ability to revisit calls during Sales Handoffs & in Deal Cycles vs. trying to find a static document with notes...Its incredible.

What do you dislike?

The transcription is a little off, which can be a little funny when reading back over the document. It is also limited to English Language, we do have a multi-national organization, so not all users can get the benefits gong offers. These are minimal challenges, and I had to think hard to find real areas that I dislike. The value outweighs our process before, and it is not even close.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and test it out for yourself. This product was sold from the trial experience alone. It makes things that were previously unimaginable, a reality.

Coaching, Professional Development, Alignment between BDRs & Account Executive Teams, Alignment between Marketing & Sales, Alignment between Success & Sales Teams, Manual Note Transcription, Competitive Analysis, Data Driven Coaching, On-Boarding, Sales Qualification Methodology, Active Listening vs. worrying about taking notes, sharing best practices.

Gong review by Madison F.
Madison F.

"Great for training and understanding account history"

What do you like best?

When I started a new job, Gong was a great resource for listening to my peers' calls. Gong recordings were more efficient than asking to shadow real-time calls. It's also easy to find the parts of calls that are most critical to listen to because of the labels/indicators on who is talking and about what. I work in Customer Success, so I like that this is a way to understand a customer's journey before being transitioned to the CS team. I would recommend new users to take advantage of the training resource because Gong is intuitive to use but there is functionality you could potentially miss by not going through . a guided process in the beggining.

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes the labels about what is being discussed could be even more helpful. For example, identifying and labeling what parts of the conversation are about discussing pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the training resources. Gong is intuitive to use without them, but I recognize that I am missing some of the full functionality by learning how to use it myself.

The main business problem I see our team solving with Gong is training an on-boarding. Gong helps new team members have access to a wealth of information on their own time, instead of relying on their peers to add them to upcoming calls. I could also see Gong being very useful for reviewing your past customer calls or when transitioning accounts.

Gong review by Tom V.
Tom V.

"Fantastic software to improve sales performance "

What do you like best?

I have a poor memory and am not the best multitasker. When I need to recall something from a meeting, I can easily listen to past calls.

I also LOVE that the recordings can be sped up so I can find what I am looking for quickly. That feature saves me so much time.

What do you dislike?

Only listening to my own voice. Yikes! That part isn't fun to hear. I do wish I had control over which of my recordings were saved. There are some I would like to delete, but as a user I don't think I have those privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a salesperson, I love using the software. I find that my follow up meetings have been more effective because I can easily understand EVERYTHING that was talked about on the previous meeting. I do also use it to list to my tone, questioning, and prospects responses to learn how to improve my pitch. If you want to help your salespeople sell better, I think this software is a must.

I figured I would use it most to improve my pitch, but what found it so helpful to go back and listen to calls to help me prepare for subsequent meetings.

Gong review by Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.

"Gong Revolutionizes Sales & CS Coaching"

What do you like best?

What don't I like best?

-Quick glance at talk time ratios to see how balanced the call was

-Ability to pinpoint specific parts of the conversation by topic

-More efficient call review by either snipping a specific portion for sharing-or-by calling attention to specific points by leaving comments

-Training for new hires - we have folders for different types of calls so they can 'shadow' without being live

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of much.

When I leave comments on the app they seem to come through one at a time via email vs in one big email at the end of a session when I do it on desktop. Could also be user error.

Coaching made easy!

Training new hires or existing on new types of conversations.

Ability to go back and easily find information from previous calls.

Benchmarking successful reps on talk time, questions asked and results.

Gong review by Izabella A.
Izabella A.

"Innovative Tool with Endless Benefits"

What do you like best?

Hard to choose! A few of my favorite functions include the written transcript view, segmentation by keywords, and the separation of audio channels. The transcript allows me to parse through for easier searches, which is incredibly helpful. Keywords show me what filler words I'm overusing to improve my conversations. The separate audio channels automatically show me percentages of how much I'm talking vs. the prospect. Keeping that in mind, I've been able to decrease my percentages from 75-80% to a much more concise 50%.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I love the Gong platform. One function I would find useful would be the ability to have my own individual Library with private folders to organize my calls. I could be wrong, but it seems like I'm only able to create folders in Library shared amongst the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is so useful! I absolutely recommend if you're looking for a way to improve operationally.

As an employee with no previous Sales experience, this tool has been a life-saver. I would not have been able to learn as rapidly or as efficiently as I have without the ability to review & improve my calls. In addition, the tool is so user-friendly & intuitive, it's truly an impressive experience to utilize.

Gong review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to refer back to calls. Sometimes I forgot what the client said and to avoid looking silly by calling back to ask, I can just pull the call. Additionally, I like being able to listen to other sales calls and get fresh ideas of techniques or scripts they are using.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing right now. It's very simple to use. I wouldn't say I "dislike" this, but it would be nice if calls loaded sooner. Hardly a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily one of the coolest softwares I have seen. A lot of sales reps dont like listening to themselves on the phone but this is a great tool to help you identify if you are talking too much, asking enough questions and qualifying. Awesome!

Training, being better prepared during closing calls, collaboration

Gong review by Kayshia V.
Kayshia V.

"Best Call Review System"

What do you like best?

I love how it breaks down your call for you, it shows you how long you spend on a certain topic and lots of other helpful information. I love how I can listen to my other teammates calls so I can improve my own based off what I hear in their call.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything I do not like. It works very well and is easy to use. I have no complaints about this product. Very satisfied by what I get out of Gong.IO

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you need help getting better at how you approach your calls, this is the system for you! I have gained so much from using Gong, all the data it gives you is very helpful and shows you where you can improve to get better results out of your calls.

I am improving on my calls and launching out more partners every week. I have found that I benefit from listening to other teammates calls, they help me improve by hearing how they approach different topics. There is nothing better than being able to train yourself without having to ask people how they run their calls, I can just listen to them on my own time.

Gong review by Marcie  D.
Marcie D.

"Great application for a Sales Trainer in SaaS"

What do you like best?

I love being able to review the account executives calls with searchable words, reps, features described and promo drops. It makes my job so much easier!

What do you dislike?

I wish I were able to create a library of calls that only I can see. The library feature is global, which too is an amazing feature! I wish I could search for multiple words in a call to find all that match the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Impact your sales team and sign up with Gong!

We want consistency in our sales org. We want to make sure correct information is being given to the merchants. We want to make sure sales process is being followed.

As a result of our call reviews, we can solidly enforce sales process. And it is impacting our closed won deals!

Gong review by Dave B.
Dave B.

"Gong has transformed the way we coach and develop sales professionals. "

What do you like best?

Gong has increased the volume and quality of our call review process. By providing the team with a tool that promotes more self and peer review, we've seen the volume of reviews increase by more than 10x. By helping us build a better library of best in class examples, we have also helped the team really get better by always having those examples they can listen to.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit messy. We have more than one group using the tool and unfortunately we can't separate the instances for a clean view from one group to the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The AI feature in Gong is really valuable. We're just starting to get the data and recommendations and they're incredible.

Close rate has increased by more than 4%. New reps are onboarding and getting up to target faster. Development has become fun and a priority which we believe will help with retention.

Gong review by Kelly D.
Kelly D.

"Highly Recommend - great for busy front line managers"

What do you like best?

Gong has aided our organizations in more ways than I originally anticipated. My AEs use it regularly and efficiently to prep for calls, catch me up on issues or next steps for high priority deals that I could not attend, and track their quality through talk time and engagement tracking. Executives at are organization have contacted me post purchase and said "Gong has become a force multiplier for our organization - I'm so glad we've invested in this technology."

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of much I dislike. I think at first I was disappointed that the transcription wasn't great but after using it for a few months I realized that's definitely not where the value lies so I'm very ok with it's lack of accuracy.

AEs have lowered the amount of time they talk on calls compared to prospects - they're improving the quality of their conversations by listening more

Product Marketing team is validating their messaging and tracking whether the trainings they give the sales teams are sticking

Product Designers are using call recordings to inform themselves of what customers/prospects are asking for and what they care about

Managers are listening to and providing feedback on 10x the number of calls we were originally able to sit on prior to Gong

Gong review by Rajesh B.
Rajesh B.

"How you talk is how you sell!"

What do you like best?

The stats. When you have enough data on the length of monologue and the mapping of your closed/won deals to the recordings - you have a treasure trove of data to look into and make impactful changes in your org.

I am lately liking the blog posts that Gong shares which allows me to guide my team better when I know industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Some basic features are missing:

1. Cannot export data at the level I am interested in. A lot of user level granular data at the moment can only be shared by my CSM.

2. Cannot rename a recorded call. I think that is pretty basic a need. Ryan from Gong tells me this feature will be available in a week. Hoping it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Growth phase, now is the best time to invest when you have lot of data incoming. More data = more insights. So the sooner the better. Gong analyzed over a million sales calls and they sure have a better chance of looking at patterns and providing some great insights.

Peer coaching. Plus most importantly my users can see for themselves what is that the best performing rep is doing while engaging the customer and relatively grade themselves for real. I myself hop on to a lot of calls to help understand the kind of customer requirements we come across as one of the top players in the CPaaS space and gauge the general sentiment about Plivo as a provider.

Lately some of my other teams are interested in some particular 'word utterances' and Gong makes it rather easy to track those and push them as a mail notification.

Gong review by Andrea D.
Andrea D.

"Incredibly Helpful"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Gong is that I can search for key words in different calls. This is really helpful when I'm trying to fine tune a certain part of my process.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how long it takes to transcribe and process the calls. I never remember which call I just had that I want to send my boss so that I can get feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Transcribe the calls quicker and leave out calls that are less than 2 minutes long. Those are typically useless calls to have clutter the system, as nobody is going to listen to them.

By listening to myself, I am able to hear where it is that I need improvement. By listening to others, I am able to compare their processes to mine and potentially rework my verbiage to be more successful.

Gong review by John P.
John P.

"Put that pen down & focus on the call!"

What do you like best?

Great search functionality for things like "follow up" and other key phrases that apply to our product. It's all color coded (which was a fantastic addition) and extremely easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit difficult to get gong onto the call for a last minute call, which is something I've had happen a couple of times. The recording loads in fine with enough notice, but sometimes clients grab me at the very last minute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as an honest feedback tool. You can say "I don't dominate conversations with my clients" all you want, but the gong data will not lie

My client calls have 100% of my focus. I'm not worried about missing out on an important detail or follow up item, because I'll be able to go back and double check on the gong platform.

Gong review by Justin D.
Justin D.

"Gong"

What do you like best?

I like how it enables me to cut the learning curve. I can listen to calls from the top sellers in my company & I can take what I like from their calls to implement on my own. Ultimately it saves time.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is lackluster. Gong would be great if it was more enabled on the application but it is what it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a podcast where you bring on top sales execs &/or include calls from other companies that resulted in huge sales & break them down.

I'm solving selling problems. I can effectively and efficiently perfect my craft by listenting to other top performers in my company. I'm a big believer in "hacking" & Gong enables me to do so.

Gong review by Michelle N.
Michelle N.

"Gong throughout ADP's inside sales Experience "

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to search specific terminology throughout a call. That way, you can go back, and see if you hit all necessary topics on that call, but better yet specific words or explanations that you DID not say, you can do on the next call.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have nothing that I do not particularly like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely learn all the features so that they can be readily used!

In the sales industry, every call can run differently. Being able to look back, easily rewind or fast forward to show others how your call has gone, and even better, listen to other representatives calls. It's helpful to see what you personally need assistance or help on. It's all a learning experience.

Gong review by David H.
David H.

"Easy to use and Navigate"

What do you like best?

Being able to see who is talking, and what each person is talking about makes it easy to navigate the important parts of calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the discussion topics are way off but usually they do a good job of picking up what is being discussed

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a call coaching tool this is it. It is also a great way for you to go back into a call and see what was said and highlight things that went well or poorly.

I use it even on the SDR side of things in order to get a better understanding of what I need to say when attempting to get other folks from that organization on a demo. I would highly recommend the tool and I use it daily. It integrates with a variety of technologies as well which allows a variety of users to use it.

Call training and coaching

Gong review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"Greatest sales tool"

What do you like best?

I love that Gong pulls together our dial calls through Salesloft and video calls from Zoom into a clean interface where we can collaborate and coach each other as a team.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything that comes to mind that I do not like, BUT, one feature that would be nice (assuming I am not missing it) would be the ability to rename a video upload once uploaded. There are instances where I have a meeting that reschedules and I do not update my calendar and thus not syncing Gong where I need to upload a video. I have had to delete and re-upload because the video name follows the name of the file and cannot be edited from what I can tell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is intuitive, and setup so that collaboration with other team members and even external trainers/collaborators is seamless.

Sales coaching and and cross functional training

Gong review by Alexandra A.
Alexandra A.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

The ease of recording...the integration with Zoom means all calls with clients/prospects are automatically recorded with no extra effort. I've never had to look up how to use the product, it's all very user friendly and simple.

What do you dislike?

Transcription isn't that great, but I don't use it much so it doesn't bother me. Can't add much more because I really like the product for what I use it for. Perhaps we aren't making the most of all features provided?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need full call transcripts this isn't the best tool, but otherwise it's perfect.

More transparency about calls and meetings, ability to focus during a meeting instead of hastily taking notes. You can always go back and listen and remind yourself of action points afterwards. The ability to see how was speaking and for how much of the call also helps you analyse your own behaviour and improve. The topics of the call are automatically added which is great as well.

Gong review by Priscilla Z.
Priscilla Z.

"Taking notes is a thing of the past (and that's a good thing)"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. gong automatically starts recording all of my calls when scheduled through zoom. I like that I don't have to think about it. It's easy to search for any prior call. Playback sounds good. I especially LOVE how when you are reviewing a call, it shows the points in the call where each person is talking. It makes it so I can see whether I'm talking too much on any given call. Great reflection on calls in general.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to log in everyday. I wish gong would keep me logged in.

I love knowing that all of my calls are recorded and stored in gong. It allows me to be more present with customers because I know I can reference any part of our conversation later. I now take lighter notes and can listen better on my calls. That's a win.

Gong review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"Great Concept, Well Executed"

What do you like best?

Digging through calls is so painless. Even the display that shows who is talking when makes a huge difference, searching transcripts from calls is incredible. Sharing and organizing across the team is great, too.

What do you dislike?

Have to get pretty nitpicky here, but sharing snippets could use a little work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not super familiar with the competition, but my understanding is that Gong is the leader in the space, and I'm not surprised at all.

There are a few fronts here. First, it helps me as an individual salesperson by making it easy to discover the exact section of a call I'm looking for, which means I don't have to worry nearly as much about taking notes. Second, the ability to organize calls and snippets into folders is a huge asset for growth and onboarding new salespeople.

Gong review by Jay K.
Jay K.

"Gong, A Really Nice Product"

What do you like best?

Gong really helps me with self evaluation. Whether it is spur of the moment calls or scheduled business review calls, I am able to listen back to what I may have done well, or need more work on. Gong also helps in the fact that I can jump from different sections of calls to see how I am presenting different types of data.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much to dislike with this product. It hits my needs of what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great way to self evaluate, Gong is a wonderful product for you.

I have found words that I use too much. I also find it very beneficial to see how much talk time I have in comparison to my clients.

Gong review by Cassie H.
Cassie H.

"Gong is a great tool for sales and customer success training and knowledge sharing."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. I also love the ability to visually see where each speaker talks and the ability to click on any speaker, anywhere in the recording. With Gong, you will see a list of the speakers and you'll see where they are speaking during the entire call. If you happen to notice a VP speaks, you can click to jump to that part of the recording. You can see how long any dead air is and skip past it.

In regards to the audio quality, the recordings are clear and I have not experienced any bugs while using Gong. As for video quality, the videos are also clear and do not experience lag.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we are not using the tool more. It would be icing on the cake to have transcriptions to pull out quotes.

I also think the homepage/dashboard could be redesigned a bit, it appears to be designed for whitespace maximization, but I think I would rather have a clear call to action and hierarchy of popular options listed out.

I used Gong to listen to sales calls and customer onboarding calls in my efforts to ramp up quickly on my new team.

Gong review by David R.
David R.

"Phenomenal Resource"

What do you like best?

Ability to study best practices, hear how the best close deals, and pick up on industry knowledge. I can not think of a single resource that contributed more to my after hours professional growth and development.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there's not a whole lot i dislike, sometimes the app doesn't work the best and isn't able to search for specific people, but its a minor thing and usually im listening on my laptop so it's a nonfactor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use tagging/filters to focus your listening!

The biggest one is sharing of knowledge and best practices. It's so easy to hear what other positions and departments are doing, as well as what other people on your team are doing and what I can change to adapt.

Gong review by Dan A.
Dan A.

"Call recording with all the bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

We use Gong within our Product Management group to record calls with customers where we are listening to product feedback or sharing solutions to unique product use cases or challenges. Since the content from the meetings are often valuable to other product team members or to engineering, Gong allows us to share the recording with the added advantage of being able to jump right to the relevant portions of the call.

The "who talked" timeline is a very useful tool to help us quickly jump to feedback from specific call participants as well what topics were discussed at that point in time. Transcription of calls has really improved and the fact that the entire call AND video are recorded is very useful if there was visual content shared that added value to the conversation.

What do you dislike?

Adding meetings for recording when the calendar integration does not pick them up can be a hassle. It would be great if there was a way to add an email address to the meeting invitation that automatically tagged that meeting for recording.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely configure the calendar integration. Adding meetings manually is not terribly difficult but can get tedious without the calendar integration.

We have team members across multiple time zones and they are not always able to attend every call. Gong allows us to record the calls so they can be utilized later and Gong's timeline view of who spoke and what was discussed allows us to quickly jump to the high value discussion topics without having to listen to the entire recording.

Gong review by Austin P.
Austin P.

"Improving My Phone Skills by Listening to Myself"

What do you like best?

I like that I can focus more on having a conversation with my client instead of taking rigorous notes because I know Gong is recording and I can easily find details as I go back and re-listen. This is helping me have a natural tone and I'm more effective as a salesperson.

What do you dislike?

The way our company has Gong set up to automatically record is by linking a Join.Me URL in a calendar event. I rarely use that Join.Me link so my clients will often click on it thinking it is how they will connect. I have to explain that we actually won't be using that link and they still need to call in manually...

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth considering if the price is right for you.

The problem of not having a good way to train and improve my phone skills is being solved by Gong. I'm able to review calls, find out filler words or phrases that I can reduce, find out how I can better communicate with a client, and I can listen to my co-workers' calls to see how they operate and how I can change what I do to better myself.

Gong review by Tanya S.
Tanya S.

"Great coaching tools!"

What do you like best?

I like Gong's meeting transcripts. We capture recordings of every meeting via GoToMeeting and I love reviewing transcripts for clarity around discussion topics.

What do you dislike?

I hate my voice! LOL - I am not a fan of actually listening to recordings. I also wish the notification emails I receive after calls included embeddable links to recording pages. Could be user error/ignorance but I don't love having to open the call recording in order to capture a recording link to share broadly.

For our organization, we use Gong recordings to help with many important problems. We refer new hires to call recordings to orient them to our positioning. We analyze call records for coaching and we look at keywords to ensure compliance with important initiatives.

Gong review by Jenna H.
Jenna H.

"Call Recording & Coaching"

What do you like best?

The best part about the tool is that it actually analyzes for you call for you and acts as a sales coach.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any dislikes - I would like to see an app version and there might already be one?!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and should definitely be used to it's full potential for not only recording calls but being used as a coaching tool!

Gong allows me to automatically record my calls/webinars and then analyzes the call within the same day. It automatically marks the call for different portions of the conversation so you can pick up where you might talk about pricing, etc. Also, it allows you to run reports to see how much you're speaking in relation to how much the other caller is.

Gong review by Maxwell K.
Maxwell K.

"A really convenient way to practice sales conversations and iterate on process."

What do you like best?

The mobile app, the talk time breakdown, listening and other call stats. I also enjoy the blog and resources that are shared on Linkedin and that can be found on the homesite.

What do you dislike?

I think the transcription can be slightly improved as well as the topic tagging.

I also have an issue with the UX when i hover over and click "log in" and "request a demo" slides in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to streamline a sales process, track what's working and what's not working, I highly recommed Gong. In addition, Gong has a mobile app that makes it incredibly easy to listen and make the most out of your commute /workout.

learning sales process as a team and individual. Gong makes it easy to see whats working from a holistic view.

Gong review by Luci L.
Luci L.

"Best thing that happened in our sales org for a long time"

What do you like best?

So easy to use and easy to search previous calls by topic or user.

The ability to go back and listen to detailed recordings is just amazing.

The transcript is very close to being 100% correct most of the time.

I've learned so much from my other colleague's calls and implemented the talk tracks on my own pitch.

What do you dislike?

The sound of my voice. But that Gong can't help with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no brainer

Sharing peer knowledge, learning from my own mistakes and sharpening my pitches and talk tracks.

Also listening back to what the customer said or didn't say after the fact helps me pick up on hints and threats that I wouldn't otherwise during a high-pressure call.

Gong review by User in Computer Software

"100% would recommend Gong for all Sales Teams"

What do you like best?

Great recording history, easy to add onto and bridge Gong into existing tools. Our 50+ Person Sales Team continually uses this tool to recap calls, review, take notes, and better our messaging. From an SDR standpoint, we've been sharing our recorded gong calls with the field to collaborate on messaging and find areas where there may be opportunities to enhance talk tracks. Gong Team also has some incredible statistics shared on their blog which I often read (and would suggest any Sales Team do the same)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the calls do not record, which is rough once you get used to how important some of these recordings are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool to any and every Sales organization. They share some incredible statistic in their blog about call data, and it's exciting to implement an A/B Test those points in calls. As useful as this tool is, it's great to be able to go back and count how many times you said "um" or what percentage of the conversation was made of you or the prospect speaking.

Enhanced Talk Tracks, Sales Messaging, Aligning Field and SDR Team.

Gong review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"Amazing tool for customer insights!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to look back at customer calls to take notes, so I can fully participate in my calls with the assurance that I won't miss any important details.

Gong has also been helpful in sharing insights with my product and leadership teams. These teams don't get to interact with customers as often as I do – the ability to send specific snippets of videos has been an incredibly effective way to transmit un-biased customer feedback to my internal stakeholders.

They seem to have great customer service, too, though the product is intuitive enough that I haven't needed to use it much.

What do you dislike?

The play/pause functionality is finicky. If I pause a video for 10 minutes or longer and then press Play, the video often won't play again. Even refreshing the page doesn't work – I have to log out, log back in, and find the video all over again.

The transcript of the calls is also fairly off – it works well enough that I can search for a keyword and usually find the section I want to review, but the voice-to-text yields some weird results.

- Delivering Customer Insights to leadership and product teams

-Greater accuracy in understanding customer needs - faster and more impactful meeting follow-ups

Gong review by Raoul v.
Raoul v.

"Great Platform for Coaching"

What do you like best?

It allows us to quickly jump to key parts of the call to help our reps identify areas of improvement. The interface is easy to use, the call metrics on talk time and engagement is critical for us to see how well we doing. It also allows multiple stakeholders in the org to comment and give feedback instantly to the rep.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out. It does what its supposed to do. The only hiccup was our initial on-boarding, as we struggled understanding our CSM initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have for any Modern Sales Org!

Sales Coaching. This allows us to analyse multiple reps calls quick and easy. We can sort by key words and key interactions to ultimately drive the real value when it comes to coaching. Gives us actionable ideas for our next call! Our overall call quality has improved 10x with the ability to analyse areas of improvement!

Gong review by Mike E.
Mike E.

"Must-have for anyone in sales"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to navigate and use. The biggest challenge with most new tech is convincing the behavior change. LIttle has changed on my end other than being able to go back and review how I did, what I missed that the customer said, and how to observe/share best practices with others. Simple. Elegant. Extremely useful. I was a proponent of Gong by way of an evaluation when I was at another company.

What do you dislike?

The transcription of calls has a long, long way to go before it's really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your marketing team involved to understand the nature of your conversations. Have a plan to use the product in a way that actually generates business. Don't shove it down your reps' throats, let Gong sell itself. Your good reps will want this.

Better preparation for calls, better recap emails, better customer interactions. This has helped us NAIL follow up interactions to mature deals quicker.

Gong review by William R.
William R.

"Incredible Sales Enablement Software"

What do you like best?

As a company, we invest in a lot of sales enablement software. For me, Gong is hands down the most useful sales tool we have at PayScale. I don't stress nearly as much about notes anymore. It allows me to be much more present in the conversation. When I prepare for leadership calls - I am able to quickly go through my previous demos and confirm what is truly important to my customers. This keeps my leadership presentations concise and impactful. Beyond that, it exposes bad habits that I didn't even know I have. Gong's ability to analyze audio is truly incredible.

What do you dislike?

It's honestly hard to pick something I dislike.

We have a very complex product and sales process. Gong makes it a lot easier to provide quality training and feedback to both long-term employees and new hires. Our management team has even started sending out short daily clips of AE's who are killing it to the sales team. From a personal standpoint, I actually went through quite a sales slump earlier this year - our Director of Sales went through 6 of my demos and recommended some easy tweaks - I ended last quarter at 140%. I can not recommend Gong enough.

Gong review by User in Financial Services

"Gong is invaluable for sales training and learning"

What do you like best?

I like how it's integrated with Salesforce and the fact that it automatically picks up key words and phrases is truly impressive. The text-to-speech feature is also sublime. You also have great features such as dividing calls into team vs whole company vs personal. On top of that there is a library feature to divide calls into specific subjects such as different selling points, top sellers, specific products. The only reason I have not opted for a top rating is simply due to the fact I have only used it for a few months so need to continue learning about it fully.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike in particular. I suppose for an occasional user it can be a little imposing with the vast number of ways it can be used but for those who will be regular users it becomes intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider it if you wish to develop your sales team. I like how it's integrated with Salesforce and the fact that it automatically picks up key words and phrases is truly impressive. The text-to-speech feature is also sublime. You also have great features such as dividing calls into team vs whole company vs personal. On top of that there is a library feature to divide calls into specific subjects such as different selling points, top sellers, specific products.

Gong helps our sellers learn from one another. Picking up on the most successful strategies and ascertaining where improvements can be made. And it does all this in a seamless and streamlined fashion on the easy-to-use platform.

Gong review by User

"Great tool for sales coaching and improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that Gong not only tracks every call when prompted, but you also have the ability to go back and listen to calls for 'specific action items.' Whether it be items you said you'd deliver to the prospect or mentions of competitors, Gong is able to pick up on each of these making it more effective of sales coaching.

What do you dislike?

I may be an outlier here, but I sometimes have found that the design can be a bit clunky. For an example, I was looking around to find a specific call the other day and I was having a lot of trouble doing so. Apparently I had not chosen the correct filters properly - I had to get help from two coworkers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I did have a few hang-ups on the design earlier, but I am not as well versed in Gong as a lot of my coworkers may be. I would imagine that with more usage I'll have a better understanding of the product. For many SDR's and AE's in my field, Gong has continued to be very useful. I'm excited to explore it and play around with it some more.

More effective sales coaching and training for reps and myself. Picking up on key moments I may have missed or even action items I may have missed, Gong is able to track them all. This is useful and beneficial when wanting to follow up with a specific prospect or even deep-dive into a management meeting to discuss a certain call.

Gong review by K. Suzanne D.
K. Suzanne D.

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

I love the accessibility of calls - it's great to be able to easily (key word there!) listen to calls, make notes, and ask for feedback from various groups.

I also like that you can see the analytics of your call and understand engagement, key words, talk time, etc. in comparison to best practices and team results.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the software could differentiate voices in the same call login - though I'm not sure any vendor in this space can actually do that.

Transparency - both personal and company wide. Personally, I'm able to review analytics and make changes to my call structure, talk time, etc. I'm also better able to prep for calls and prep other teams down-stream.

Gong review by James M L.
James M L.

"Gong is a critical success tool any Sales Org can benefit from!"

What do you like best?

Gong is critical to our success here at Act-On Software. Having the ability to quickly analyze and interpret sales calls has enabled our leadership team to quickly and surgically gather information. This process is critical to both help the sales rep close more deals but to analyze, in detail ,our sales process as a whole.

What do you dislike?

Our only complaint is that we didn't' start using it sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just pull the trigger, its the most insightful tool we have ever implemented in our sales org.

We now have a multifaceted approach to sales analysis that wasn't possible before Gong. Understanding the DNA of a sales call helps us determine what we need to work on from a coaching perspective. With Gong, we can gain better results by tweaking our game plan as well as find out new and interesting information and buzz from our prospects that help us get a better understanding on the marketplace. Our sales reps are performing better, have a clearer understanding of when and where things should be discussed in a sales call and are now using Gong to self critique to make them better sales people.

Gong review by Mason C. N.
Mason C. N.

"Must have for leaders and coaches"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Gong is the fact that every call is recorded in a manner where it is extremely easy to find specific parts of the call in the future. If my pen dies, or I lose my web page where I'm taking notes on a prospect - I can go back into the call and quickly listen to my qualification at x1.5.

Sales leaders can go in and find everytime a competitors name is dropped, easily identify when "Free" is mentioned, or even look for specific emotions within the call.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? Honestly, not much at all. If I had to find a complaint I'd say sometimes it adds a hair of stress knowing every conversation is recorded. But its just part of stepping out of the comfort zone to get better at sales, and this dramatically speeds up the process with good coaching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Quickly improving as a sales rep. I can review colleagues calls to identify what they do best that I should adopt. I can listen to my calls and reflect on things I should change.

Learn more about Gong

Gong Videos

Learning about Gong?

* We monitor all Gong reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.