Google Analytics

Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back. Delivered on Google's world-class platform.

Work for Google Analytics?
Ibmwatsoncustexp digana  2x

Learning about Google Analytics?

Google Analytics Reviews

Video Review

Reviewed On March 9, 2018

Google Analytics review by <span>Andrea S.</span>
Andrea S.

Very useful if you know what you're looking for

What do you like best?

There is soooo much data you can get out of Analytics which is very helpful in forming insights about campaigns or drawing conclusions about an audience. I like that it's segmented out into categories based on what you're looking for, so audience insights are in one place, conversion insights in another, etc. That keeps it all very streamlined and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Analytics is kind of a catch-22 in the fact that all of the data in it can be very useful, but it can also be very overwhelming. You really have to know specifically what you're looking for because there can be a lot of tiny little variations in data depending on how you navigate through the system and any filters applied to a particular data view.

I also really don't like one of the newer features they have where sometimes it only shows you a small percentage of total site sessions. You really have to pay attention to whether or not you're getting a full picture of the data or just a sample. Usually if you choose too large of a time frame, it will only provide a sample, so if you want to see the full picture, you have to break that time frame down into smaller chunks and piecemeal everything together. Kind of frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how useful this product would be to your everyday CMS editor, but for users looking for data insights on how customers use their websites, GA is a critical tool. Make sure you have someone on staff who isn't afraid to dive head-first into an ocean of data and take the time to really learn the system and weed-through all of the baseline data to get to the deeper insights.

We use GA to analyze our clients' website traffic in order to identify opportunities for improvement and correlate on-site actions with off-site actions such as filling out a form and then coming in to the store.

GA is also an extremely important tool for tracking, measuring and reporting on all of our digital media campaigns. Without it, we wouldn't be able to determine which campaigns or tactics were successful and which weren't. Clients also count on us to provide a campaign summary at the end of each month and much of the data we report on comes directly out of Analytics. If it doesn't come out of Analytics directly, I almost always reference other data sources with GA just to determine the level of accuracy and overlap.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Analytics
Google Analytics review by <span>Josue F.</span>
Josue F.

Complete statistics system for your audience

What do you like best?

When making decisions and more in web projects, having full statistics is essential. Google analytics is the most complete tool to perform analyzes that support decision making. Before I managed to use more than 7 tools together to get the statistics I wanted, however, after I started using Google Analytics and learning how to get the most out of it, I helped to leave the other tools. Really Google has always been characterized by creating quality products and this is not the exception. Google analytics is simple, easy to use and free.

The implementation of this software is the best, it is quick and simple, it only generates a java scripts code that you must place on your website and the data starts to be indexed.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that disgusts me about this tool, everything is thought and made to provide the greatest amount of information that supports analyzing and measuring your audience. The only thing that you can say to me that took me a little time is that since there are so many details to measure and that you do it automatically, you have to dedicate time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important thing of this is to dedicate a little time to know all the data that Google Analytics can give you. Then that you are able to interpret said data. You can help the decision making and find the best for your projects.

- - It helps me completely in making deciones.

- It helps me analyze and synthesize a lot of data.

- It saves me resources of the servant since the tools of analysis in php consume many resources of the servants.

- I avoid complex installations of other systems.

- It allows me to verify the ROI of my google adwords.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Google Analytics review by <span>Abhinav T.</span>
Abhinav T.

Just One Word AMAZING

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Analytics is, that such an effective instrument with several highlights is totally free. Consequently sites of all sizes and sorts have chance to utilize it. It demonstrates sites guests information, stream, activities, and so forth. Basic sites more often than not screen just min measurements like number of visits and skip rate. Huge web based businesses take after considerably more markers. I utilize it myself and furthermore educate my clients how to utilize this apparatus...

What do you dislike?

While Google Analytics is the most hearty framework, it doesn't do everything for you. You need to know how to function its highlights, and there are a considerable measure. I prescribe taking on the web confirmations in conjunction to attempting Google Analytics all alone. There is such a long way to go to augment the highlights. I've been utilising Google Analytics for quite a long time regardless I am adapting new things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As we all know quality of support from google is amazing.. I love the support.. I love the Unique Website Design and its performance i will recommend to u tooo

I am getting a detailed report of my website or app.. How many views i am getting per day.. Unique visitors.. page views etc...

Google Analytics review by <span>Lawerence C.</span>
Lawerence C.

Always stay on course

What do you like best?

Informative main page. You can customize it for yourself and get the information you need. Excellent reports, they are all informative. This is good information to improve your marketing. A powerful import tool, it's easy to upload any information to Google Analytics, it can be done through the application itself or through the API.

What do you dislike?

Complex manual, a person who did not work with similar systems or has no technical education will be difficult to understand it. Not very nice reports. The support service only works in a paid version, which is upset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to boost sales or find more users, Google Analytics features help you to achieve your goal. There are two solutions for small business and for quite large companies, you can choose the option that suits you best.

We are growing, so we decided to launch our online store. We were looking for a simple and free version for our website. With Google Analytics, we track traffic and conversions. With it halps we improve our marketing.

Google Analytics review by <span>Robert C.</span>
Robert C.

Good Analytics Platform for People that take the time to learn it

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about Google Analytics is that it is free! In addition to Google Analytics itself, Google also provides great training/educational on how to use Google Analytics, as well as, a certification for Google Analytics for free, which I highly recommend to anyone who wants to use Google Analytics because it is not an easy platform to use effectively. I also love how simple it is it integrate Google Analytics on a website. Integrating Google Analytics on websites takes less than five minutes.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most about Google Analytics is that it takes a considerable amount of time to learn how to understand how to use the platform effectively. It takes a bit of time to get accustomed to the work environment (dashboard) of this tool, so when teaching new users how to effectively use the tool it takes a lot of time. The dashboard is cumbersome, making it hard to find specific informations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realistically, Google Analytics is in a class of its own. While there are competitors in the space, none are really worth mentioning especially since Google Analytics is free. Now if you are a larger organization with tons of traffic, I would recommend looking into something like Adobe Analytics (Adobe Marketing Cloud) but for the majority of small to medium sized businesses Google Analytics will provide the majority of the information you need to know, as long as you have someone who knows how to use it properly. It is is perfect for measuring marketing campaign performance, monitoring web traffic sources and is a great tool for monitoring month to month comparison performance.

We use Google Analytics to get insights on how the websites we design are performing and how the visitors to our websites behave on a daily basis, and the key characteristics of these visitors. We use this information to analyze steps to improve our service.

Google Analytics review by <span>Stephanie W.</span>
Stephanie W.

Staple of every marketers toolkit!

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is a super robust tool that allows you to dig very deep into the data of your website and its visitors, in order to really understand both the behavior and trends of your audience/customers. The way GA is structured allows you to go as deep into the data as you want, however you can also get a great overview of what is happening on your site through the main dashboards which are more like a snapshot of the overall trends and behaviors.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be quite steep for newcomers and sometimes it feels like GA overcomplicates things in the terms they use and the descriptions they have for some of the more advanced features which require 'activation'. Some of the descriptions on parts of the tool feel like they were written by someone who was too tech-focused, rather than thinking on the everyday user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the ins and outs of the product, even if you need to do a course. The insights you can get by just understanding the various terms and features can be very valuable to your business and help guide the marketing decisions within your company.

We use GA to get both basic and in-depth marketing insights; to understand how long people are spending on our site, what type of visitors we're attracting, their behavior, and the pages which are converting the best.

Learning about Google Analytics?

* We monitor all Google Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.