Google Analytics

(3,016)

Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back. Delivered on Google's world-class platform.

Work for Google Analytics?

Learning about Google Analytics?

Google Analytics Reviews

Showing 3,025 Google Analytics reviews
Google Analytics review by Yusuf B.
Yusuf B.

"Great Web Analytics tool to improve website performance"

What do you like best?

Google analytics is online software that Google have designed to help you improve your website performance.

This tool has helped me figure a lot of issues and fixes I need to do on my blog most especially, tracking of low performance pages.

The new question tab helps me analyze my blog pages with just some few clicks.

It is easier to get results and eliminate the problems and it is a great tool for checking leads on paid campaign.

What do you dislike?

For the first time that I got to use the tool, it took me time to understand and use.

You can not view present day statistics, you will have to Wait for the next day to get your website data which is very slow.

I use Google analytics to track my pages, and it has helped figure out which pages that needs to be sharing improved overtime in terms of engagement and lead generation.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Analytics
Google Analytics review by Carlos E.
Carlos E.

"Great"

What do you like best?

I like that you can collect statistics on navigation and actions performed by users who visit a web page and with the data you can do a great things for your website. In other hand, a great thing is that it's free, only we must have a Google account for that. It's easy to install in our website and it's easy for understand. We can customize our website anyway.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the results of that are costly to do and requires a lot of time that the website works correctly. In other hand, the data is stored in Google and that's not good for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that because it's easy and we can obtain from the tool, as the SEO blog and web positioning exposes.

We lost a lot of people in our site and we don't know how. With the data that gives us Google we can resolve that. After a while the people increase and we can report the activities to the people.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Google Analytics review by Carlos R.
Carlos R.

"All the information you need in a single portal"

What do you like best?

You have all the necessary information to analyze the data and traffic of your Web pages. It allows you to analyze the quality of your traffic, most visited pages, origin of visits, number of accesses ... etc. It is an indispensable tool for any self-respecting webmaster. Basic tool to know how your website works and where to guide it or to what audience your content is being directed.

What do you dislike?

It has no problem, Google Analytics borders on perfection on the functions it does. Maybe too much information at the beginning that you do not know very well how to interpret, but you end up controlling everything perfectly after a few days.

Maybe a menu not so clear to control when you have several websites discharged, but everything is getting used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obligado if you are a webmaster, there is more to comment. It is an indispensable tool to analyze the traffic of your website and improve your visits, with easy implementation.

Easy implementation on your site, basically copying a file to the root of your FTP or even inserting a small code in the HEAD of your website. How I say, it is not that I recommend it, it is that it is an obligatory option.

All. Before we had no information about anything related to the webs. With Analytics, it allows us to analyze traffic and make important decisions about our customers and future decisions. Also know if certain projects are working, you must improve something or modify your content to fit the type of visits you have.

Google Analytics review by Keyanna G.
Keyanna G.

"Google Analytics Very Helpful for Reporting"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is an amazing tool that allows you to explain where a clients traffic is coming from. Clients are always looking for new channels to funnel money to or vis-versa. Analytics also lets you look at the demographics of the traffic which helps narrow target markets. The data is easy to understand and is sorted in a meaningful way. You can also see live data to see who is on the site in that moment and what action they are taking.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how sometimes the data is off. This is an issue that is normal because 100% accuracy is hard to achieve. I also dislike that in order to get data you have to use data studio (great product) or take screenshots to present to clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have very little recommendations for Google Analytics. I would say it would be nice for more options when you make graphs. Being able to change the colors would be nice for fitting into reports. It would be nice to have an access code that a company has that they can use to give access to others.

I use analytics to help SEO clients and reporting traffic before and after site changes. Clients love to see the results we are able to show through the data provided. Conversion tracking is very helpful and lets us give the clients a clear view to whether or not they are achiveing their goals.

Google Analytics review by Mario F.
Mario F.

"Toda la información al alcance de tu mano"

What do you like best?

Con esta herramienta que nos ofrece Google podrás tener acceso a toda la información relativa a lo que ocurre en tu página web, tanto personal como profesional. Podrás conocer hasta el más mínimo detalle quienes visitan tu sitio web: desde dónde llegan a ella, en que página aterrizan, cuántas páginas ven, cuánto tiempo permanecen, si eran antiguos visitantes, si se produce alguna conversión, que sistema operativo y navegador usan, edad, idioma,… La lista sería interminable, y puedes pasarte horas analizando toda la información.

Obviamente con el tiempo aprendes a discernir cuál es la información relevante, y cómo interpretar dicha información. Tienes que familiarizarte con los menús que hay en la columna de la izquierda, y averiguar que parámetros debes controlar y cuáles no deben hacerte perder el tiempo. Como todo en esta vida, es cuestión de práctica.

What do you dislike?

Es muy útil, pero un poco complicado de manejar (al menos cuando eres un principiante). En cuanto acumules unas cuantas horas de experiencia ya podrás empezar a sacarle partido.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No conozco otro software similar que proporcione tanta y tan valiosa información. Son datos necesarios para mejorar un sitio web.

La información es dinero. Conocer a fondo el comportamiento y los gustos de los usuarios de tu sitio web te permitirá tomar las decisiones adecuadas en cada momento para rentabilizar y monetizar el tráfico por internet. Carecer de esta información, o ignorarla, supondría tomar decisiones casi a ciegas, y cuyos resultados podrían no ser los esperados.

Google Analytics review by Gilles D.
Gilles D.

"All you need to get started with Web Analytics "

What do you like best?

As a growth marketer active in consulting, coaching and training I always tell clients the very first step to growth is proper tracking - because what you measure is what you control. When they ask me how to get started, I just advise Google Analytics because it does most of the stuff you need and it's completely free. It does what it needs to do, no more, no less. When it comes to mere acquisition on your website, 90% chances are Google Analytics will do the job for you.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics does what it has to do but you as a user you need to know where to look. If you have never used it or have no one around you who can guide you around, I would recommend you to take a small course (YouTube videos should be fine) to get the most out of the application.

Basic web analytics, Google Analytics is pretty solid and in most cases, you don't need more advanced software. Solid Google quality at a low cost.

Google Analytics review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"Las estadísticas de tu página web en una aplicación"

What do you like best?

La posibilidad de analizar las estadísticas de tu web a tiempo real, tanto la situación geográfica de los visitantes, como el tiempo medio el cual están en la página. Puedes ver los usuarios activos, la retención de usuarios, el porcentaje de rebote de tu página, la forma por la cual han llegado a tu página web, analizar tu audiencia segmentando a tu público por completo (por edad, intereses, mercado...) Es increíble lo que puedes llegar a hacer con esta función gratuita de google.

What do you dislike?

Algunas veces las estadísticas no se refrescan correctamente y tienes que esperar un tiempo a que aparezcan las últimas estadísticas o al implementar algunas funciones nuevas que no tenías habilitadas. En ocasiones pueden durar hasta 24 horas, y eso para mí es mucho tiempo. A la hora de instalarlo, también puede ser algo engorroso para un usuario que no está experimentado en el entorno de google o de wordpress, ya que en mi caso, tenía que vincular mi página de wordpress con google, y lo que puede resultar una tarea sencilla para un usuario experimentado en wordpress, para otros puede ser una tarea algo difícil.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo esta función de google a aquellos que busquen una forma fácil de gestionar su página web en cuanto estadísticas, posicionamiento, retención de usuarios...

Ahora tengo la posibilidad de analizar mi página web y ver su crecimiento o sus visitas, segmentar al público de mi página web, ver la repercusión que tiene mi página a la hora de publicar un contenido... etc.

Google Analytics review by Audrey S.
Audrey S.

"Great Tracking"

What do you like best?

I can track visitors to my website easily, and it shows where those visitors come from. We use Weebly as our web-hosting platform, which has some tracking data, but it seems random and inaccurate. Google Analytics gives me the peace of mind that the results I'm seeing are real-time and accurate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's difficult to navigate the Google Analytics platform. We've used it for multiple platforms, and I sometimes get stuck being given the analytic results of the platform I don't use anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and works if you're just looking for basic information on your website. You'll easily see who's visiting your website, your website traffic (how many visits today/week), if that traffic is decreased, and how long people stay on your website.

I am solving who is visiting my site, where they are visiting from, and how often they are visiting. Some of the benefits are knowing where to advertise and who to target.

Google Analytics review by Resa O.
Resa O.

"Easy to Use and Compatable"

What do you like best?

The reason I use Google Analytics is because it is not only easy to use but it is compatible with everything (websites, mobile apps) that we need to track analytics for and not only that - it makes tracking easy. With only a few clicks, the information is linked to Google Analytics for monitoring and tracking. Reports are easy to run and visually pleasing. Many people pay companies a lot of money to monitor analytics for their websites but Google Analytics makes it so easy that I’m able to do it myself.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I attempt to access my full analytics report via Google Analytics and I’m not able to do so because it displays no information for search traffic - even when I know that there has been search traffic on my websites. At first, it didn’t make sense and caused some hesitation about the service. Being able to track search traffic is a main reason I use the service - it’s important to know how many people are visiting my website - since it is how we conduct all business - and when this information isn’t accurately displayed it can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying Google Analytics because it is a free service so, there is nothing to lose. Simply tag your websit with the global site tag provided by Google and you will be up and running.

We use to pay a marketing company that track analytics for our website- which is the main way that we conduct all business. It was extremely costly and we were never sure how reliable the reports were since they were being run out of house by a third party company. Google Analytics has allowed us to bring tracking our website information back in house which not only saves a ton of money for my company but also lets us rest assured that the information that we are using to make high level decisions is 100% accurate and up to date.

Google Analytics review by Ángel E.
Ángel E.

"Ofrece datos de máximo interés"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics es una extraordinaria herramienta para conocer todos los datos relevantes que afectan a un sitio web. Ya sea en tiempo real o en una perspectiva histórica, podemos consultar todo tipo de parámetros para conocer el estado actual o la evolución de la actividad online de nuestra empresa (o página personal).

Podremos conocer hasta el más mínimo detalle, presentado en forma de tabla, gráfico, comparativa con períodos anteriores, mapas (si es información relativa a datos geográficos),...

Para seleccionar el informe que nos interesa, en la columna de la izquierda disponemos de un menú estructurado en categorías (audiencia, adquisición, conversiones,...) que a su vez tienen distintos apartados.

Es una herramienta muy precisa, y casi diría que imprescindible para los responsables de la actividad online.

What do you dislike?

Ofrece tal cantidad de información (lo cual en principio es una virtud) que puede llegar a ser excesiva. Sobre todo al principio requiere un período de adaptación para aprender a seleccionar los datos realmente importantes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si vas a dedicar tiempo a analizar y conocer el tráfico de una web, esta es la plataforma adecuada. Ninguna otra aportará tantos datos útiles, y una vez que nos hayamos familiarizado con sus menús, encontraremos rápidamente lo que necesitamos.

No hay otro software que brinde una cantidad de información tan amplia y detallada como Google Analytics. Esta información es necesaria para afrontar la toma decisiones futuras, y para corroborar si las decisiones ya tomadas han surtido los efectos esperados.

Google Analytics review by José María M.
José María M.

"Información para mejorar"

What do you like best?

Una vez escuché que: si no se puede medir, no se puede mejorar. Y es cierto, si no podemos conocer y medir el impacto (positivo o negativo) de nuestras acciones, no sabremos si son acertadas o no.

Google, a través de Analytics, nos da la oportunidad de conocer pormenorizadamente el tráfico online de nuestra empresa (o de nuestra web personal), de modo que podamos valorar adecuadamente cómo afectan los cambios que vamos introduciendo.

Es un servicio muy completo (y un poco complejo también) que nos ofrece multitud de parámetros, en tiempo real o en datos históricos: ubicación, edad, navegador o dispositivo de los visitantes, páginas que frecuentan, durante cuánto tiempo permanecen en la web, conversiones,... Todo ellos presentado en tablas, gráficos o mapas en función de los datos consultados.

What do you dislike?

Es un servicio muy bueno que yo no sé como se podría cambiar para mejor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es un servicio imprescindible para todos aquellos que quieren o necesitan manejar información sobre una página web.

Aporta datos relevantes tanto para la toma de decisiones, como para poder valorar a posteriori si dichas decisiones han sido acertadas.

Google Analytics review by Prashant S.
Prashant S.

"Track To Create a Fruitful Platform - Must Use Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like Google Analytics Because it gives precise information about Website Visitor - How They Respond, From Where they Came, On Which Time, Device, Page they are viewing my Website.

After when I have installed it in my website - Came to know from which platform users are coming and in what they are more interest. It also gives by which query the user come through search. one another profile is real time access.

Apart from that I also like the one single plaform for multipurpose use, you can check your ecommerce platform report, sales data, heatmaps integration.

What do you dislike?

Most of the time - It Shows No Data for search traffic. It Create a confusion. Because when a user landing to website then offcourse analyst know about the source - paid or organic. then why it never showcase most of the traffic? I never Understand about it, Would like to go through about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to use google analytics because it helps your business to grow more and understand your customer approach and interest. You can check out the traffic promotion and activity in terms of location, device, source, time, day, action and more.

Google Analytics is a multi feature platform that you can use for web traffic analytics, mobile app analytics. It also helps you what changes are required to make your web app friendly according to search engine.

- Website Traffic Understand

- User Interest

- Customer Insights

- Promotion Result

- Ecommerce Tracking

- Event Tracking

Google Analytics review by Tung P.
Tung P.

"A good way to understand the customer behavior"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics allows me to track the actual conversion from all the traffic channel. I can know what channel is the most valuable and where most customers are come from.

- The tracking setup is easy to follow so I do not need the knowledge of coding to put it on our website

What do you dislike?

- Google Analytics do not provide the exact keywords that people use to search my website. All that keywords are in the category "not provided".

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is perfect if you are a digital marketer or you want to know the performance of your website on various channels.

- From the begining, we run ads on facebook, Google adwords and other social channels but we do not know that where our most valuable traffic come from. By using google analytics, we know what is the content that our audiences are interested and what is the channel that bring us the most revenue

Google Analytics review by MyLin L.
MyLin L.

"Good free platform but not for novices."

What do you like best?

Google Analytics gives us a good amount of data we can work with in order to view where traffic is coming from and how visitors are behaving on our sites. We also have the ability to segment the aggregate data, create our own reports and dashboards, and create goals to track conversions and activities, which helps us make business decisions and see if our marketing campaigns are working.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics provide a lot of data but the learning curve is steep. It takes time to configure settings and segments to view the data you need. Google Analytics does have a segment gallery to download a segment templates, which is nice.

Some of their features are hard to find. GA's help articles are not that helpful so ironically, I spend time googling to find solutions from other websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend new users take a reputable Google Analytics course to learn how to set up their GA account properly (i.e., creating filtered profiles and unfiltered profile) and to learn how to create reports that can help their business. I also recommend setting up and connecting Google Search Console to Google Analytics.

In regard to web design, we use Google Analytics to view how visitors behave on the sites and we use this information to tweak our design to improve conversions. For marketing, we use GA to track and measure marketing campaigns, and to help with search engine optimization.

Google Analytics review by Gianfranco C.
Gianfranco C.

"Google Analytics: where creativity meets analytical data"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is the must-have tool for anyone in the digital world: either if you are a modest blog owner or a large corporation, GA has to be set - and mastered - in order to track and report accurately web traffic.

It's free to use, highly efficient and a no-brainer web analytics service.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics is in constant evolution (like almost everything in the Tech-industry - you may object), now it's part of Google Marketing Platform but still offered as a freemium web analytics service. In certain instances, it can be tricky for occasional users to keep up with its numerous updates without proper training or hands-on experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google offers specialized online training in order to master Google Analytics for free: search for Google Analytics Academy - and you will find all the courses you need in order to learn all basic features, how to implement the tracking codes, analyze your reports, setting up website goals and conversions, and also more specialized courses for Ecommerce & data-driven objectives.

By setting up and properly using Google Analytics, you can accurately monitor your audience, track the users on your website, optimize/improve your web-pages, analyze your customers and potential customers and much more. Whatever you need for your online business, Google Analytics is here to back you.

Google Analytics review by Iván C.
Iván C.

"Nadie da más información"

What do you like best?

Es podiblemente la aplicación que más datos proporciona acerca del trafico de tu página web; no creo que haya otra en el mercado con un nivel similar.

Que Google sea la responsable da una idea de la calidad que ofrece y del volumen se información que puede llegar a manejar. Sería casi imposible nombras todos los parámentros que podemos controlar con este software, pero podríamos mencionar: quín nos visita, con qué frecuencia, de dónde proviene, páginas que lee, qué navegador utiliza, cuánto tiempo permanece,..., en definitiva, todo lo que necesitas saber para llevar a buen puerto tu negocio.

What do you dislike?

A veces ofrecen las funciones beta de forma prematura: obviamente son funciones en evolución, pero en ocasiones las sacan demasiado pronto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No hay otra aplicación que dé tanta información sobre los usuarios de una web.

No es una herramienta para resolver problemas, sino para evitar que se produzcan: aporta mucha información para poder tomar las decisiones correctas y prevenir problemas.

Google Analytics review by Marcos L.
Marcos L.

"Hasta el más mínimo detalle"

What do you like best?

Con esta herramienta de Google puedes analizar hasta el más ínfimo detalle del tráfico que pasa por tu página web: de dónde procede la visita, a qué páginas entra, el tiempo que está allí, si es un nuevo visitante o no, de que ciudad y país es su conexión, cuál es su dominio de red,..., y todo ello seleccionando el período de tiempo que elijas (pudiendo consultar datos de años anteriores también).

Te presenta los resultados en diversos formatos: en forma de gráfico, de lista o incluso de mapa, en función de la información que has seleccionado, para así facilitar la comprensión de dicha información.

What do you dislike?

Es una herramienta que está en constante evolución por parte de Google, y algunos apartados aún están en versión beta, lo que hace que estos puedan presentar algún pequeño fallo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si quieres conocer todo lo que ocurre en tu web, lo necesitas.

La información vale mucho, y esta herramienta te da valiosa información.

Google Analytics review by Sumaan K.
Sumaan K.

"Data driving "

What do you like best?

Let's me clearly measure and understand what is happening with my business online. Provides excellent reporting tools for clients as well. Now with new data studio we can further present data without having to use basic charts and display tools.

What do you dislike?

Can be overwhelming and isn't very intuitive if you're not tech savvy. Can take a lot of getting used to, but over time you get the hang of it. Definitely can feel like you're parsing and presenting data that could or could not be relevant based on your data definitions.

Data can be misconstrued to present dishonest findings, which is the nature of all data collection/analysis tools throughout the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's Free to use and access, and delivers a ton of data in return.

Definitely recommend using this for parsing through live and previous data to help determine better decisions going forward.

Measuring online success for campaigns, very practical.

Tracking and tagging of all user activity on client websites - lets us measure activity and make recommendations for best use of websites.

Ecommerce measurement - Conversion tracking as a means to present value of our operations in the advertising industry. Creating a case for further sales targets and providing client with a lot of value without significant cost to us.

Measuring marketing metrics - providing proof and cases for clients to determine what source they want to pursue as a marketing tool. If they rely on social, why? Bing, why? Hard data to support our methods.

Google Analytics review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Very useful if you know what you're looking for"

What do you like best?

There is soooo much data you can get out of Analytics which is very helpful in forming insights about campaigns or drawing conclusions about an audience. I like that it's segmented out into categories based on what you're looking for, so audience insights are in one place, conversion insights in another, etc. That keeps it all very streamlined and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Analytics is kind of a catch-22 in the fact that all of the data in it can be very useful, but it can also be very overwhelming. You really have to know specifically what you're looking for because there can be a lot of tiny little variations in data depending on how you navigate through the system and any filters applied to a particular data view.

I also really don't like one of the newer features they have where sometimes it only shows you a small percentage of total site sessions. You really have to pay attention to whether or not you're getting a full picture of the data or just a sample. Usually if you choose too large of a time frame, it will only provide a sample, so if you want to see the full picture, you have to break that time frame down into smaller chunks and piecemeal everything together. Kind of frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how useful this product would be to your everyday CMS editor, but for users looking for data insights on how customers use their websites, GA is a critical tool. Make sure you have someone on staff who isn't afraid to dive head-first into an ocean of data and take the time to really learn the system and weed-through all of the baseline data to get to the deeper insights.

We use GA to analyze our clients' website traffic in order to identify opportunities for improvement and correlate on-site actions with off-site actions such as filling out a form and then coming in to the store.

GA is also an extremely important tool for tracking, measuring and reporting on all of our digital media campaigns. Without it, we wouldn't be able to determine which campaigns or tactics were successful and which weren't. Clients also count on us to provide a campaign summary at the end of each month and much of the data we report on comes directly out of Analytics. If it doesn't come out of Analytics directly, I almost always reference other data sources with GA just to determine the level of accuracy and overlap.

Google Analytics review by Deanna O.
Deanna O.

"Google Analytics has an exceptional platform for website and mobile app analytics, a must have!"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is probably the most recognizable self-service business intelligence (BI) platform on the market. It's free to use and highly popular with companies looking to use both BI and data visualization features. In fact, it's so popular that other BI apps, including our Editors' Choice winners Microsoft Power BI and Tableau Desktop, offer connections to the platform. In an age where companies survive off of click-throughs and other metrics, Google Analytics has become something of a household name in the BI space.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to speak with a live person when you have a short amount of time to solve a problem! Customer support has way too much automation. Focus on marketing and advertising can be frustrating to users. Relies mostly on third parties for training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great place to start if you are taking a step back and wanting to really dig in and see if you are putting your advertising dollars to work! I do recommend using google analytics. Whether your business is just you - small or over 100 people this is a FREE program that will really help your business move forward in the right direction. If you aren't sure please ask your IT friend to set up Google Analytics and login is very easy using your Gmail account.

Using Google analytics as a business you are able to see your ad dollars being put to work. On the fly you see the stats and can monitor and make changes (Cancelling autotrader if it's not working, etc.) Due to its brand recognition and the fact that it's free, Google Analytics is the biggest name in website and mobile app intelligence. It has a steep learning curve but it is an awesome business intelligence tool.

Google Analytics review by Philip P.
Philip P.

"Google Analytics - Single Source of Truth"

What do you like best?

Easy to maintain

Highly customizable

custom reports are awesome - does include some degree of custom visualization which is awesome

Being able to set goals for conversions is fantastic

Wonderful ecommerce elements

Deep insights

Comparative analysis

Can be linked to by third party services

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not as in-depth in terms of how to action your data.

It isn't immediately apparent that you can use Analytics Academy to supplement your understanding of GA.

Setting up custom filters is both very important, and very very fickle. If you make a mistake it your custom filters, you may end up make the mistake of, say, filtering out all users, which will not only skew your reports, but could potentially screw up your analytics for following periods

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use as a single-source-of-truth for your data. Use in complement with Tag Manager, Adwords for best insights.

Additionally, I would highly recommend going through the Analytics Academy that is hosted by Google. Going through these courses will give you a very good foundation when it comes to implementing Google Analytics at your organization. Being able to field questions from clients, and use Google Analytics to influence actions is highly valuable at any business institution.

We use it internally to figure out to optimize our traffic and make inferences on how to increase that traffic. We also have it installed on every client's site to use it as a supporting tool to furnish their marketing initiatives.

Google Analytics review by Josue F.
Josue F.

"Complete statistics system for your audience"

What do you like best?

When making decisions and more in web projects, having full statistics is essential. Google analytics is the most complete tool to perform analyzes that support decision making. Before I managed to use more than 7 tools together to get the statistics I wanted, however, after I started using Google Analytics and learning how to get the most out of it, I helped to leave the other tools. Really Google has always been characterized by creating quality products and this is not the exception. Google analytics is simple, easy to use and free.

The implementation of this software is the best, it is quick and simple, it only generates a java scripts code that you must place on your website and the data starts to be indexed.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that disgusts me about this tool, everything is thought and made to provide the greatest amount of information that supports analyzing and measuring your audience. The only thing that you can say to me that took me a little time is that since there are so many details to measure and that you do it automatically, you have to dedicate time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important thing of this is to dedicate a little time to know all the data that Google Analytics can give you. Then that you are able to interpret said data. You can help the decision making and find the best for your projects.

- - It helps me completely in making deciones.

- It helps me analyze and synthesize a lot of data.

- It saves me resources of the servant since the tools of analysis in php consume many resources of the servants.

- I avoid complex installations of other systems.

- It allows me to verify the ROI of my google adwords.

Google Analytics review by Carrie H.
Carrie H.

"There's no free platform that's better, but it's not for novices"

What do you like best?

Its robust, fairly customizable via Tag Manager, and pretty reliable.

What do you dislike?

It's got a HUGE barrier to entry - hard to implement, install, understand and glean ACTIONABLE data without in-depth knowledge or hiring a consultant. I fix A LOT of broken GA installations - too many scripts, plugin conflicts, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some help if you don't know what you're doing - an incomplete or incorrect installation can lead to skewed data and uninformed marketing decisions.

Pick the activities that are important to your business, choose metrics that will help you determine success/failure of those activities - then build custom reports and dashboards that deliver that information efficiently so you don't get lost "in the weeds" of GA.

If you know where to look - GA can hep you determine where your strengths, threats, weaknesses and opportunities are. Using your data on ROI and conversions helps you make sound business decisions.

Google Analytics review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Google Analytics is a ‘No-Brainer’"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to install on your website, and help you see where people who are visiting your website are coming from.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t anything I dislike. Like any software, there are limitations, but the value you get from using the even the basics of GA out weighs any downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sync with AdWords for Display and Search PPC campaigns, and utilize UTM codes for other digital platforms you’re delivering across (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).

Creating audience segments to sync with Google AdWords to target people who have visited specific portions of a website historically. One particular benefit is that if you are running a Display or Search PPC campaign the Google Analytics pixel is continuously segmenting users and you just have to create an audience with certain parameters such as visiting a certain subsection of your URL to create that targetable audience for AdWords.

Google Analytics review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Overwhelming at first, but very powerful"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is an extremely powerful tool! The way you can segment users and view traffic is so important to any company. I also appreciate the revenue tracking so we can see which pages are converting best and come up with A/B tests out of that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how overwhelming it is at first. It's such a powerful tool, but it takes a long time to get fully acclimated to all of the features and how to best use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, but it's very important to get some training in order to get the full use out of the product. There are so many powerful features, but if you do not dive into it and get proper training, you'll be at a loss for how much is available to you.

We're getting a better understanding of where our traffic comes from, what affiliates are sending us the most traffic, what pages are converting best, and an overall idea of our user demographics.

Google Analytics review by Amey S.
Amey S.

"Much better. Learned it without anyone's support."

What do you like best?

It's mostly self explanatory. I was able to play around GA without any hesitation. Our app integration was not proper hence I used it only to understand the behavior of our Browser traffic. Provides all the required data in few clicks

What do you dislike?

Option to select multiple options. I can add primary source and secondary source only which restricts funneling. Also, weekly tutorials or something similar would be very helpful to understand the process more clearly. Something like Amplitude Analytics (Weekly Tutorials)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure how good it is for Apps but for website it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Very easy understanding of reports, efficiency of digital campaigns, user behavior and insights.

I use GA to understand the behavior of our Browser traffic since app integration is not very well defined. Helps a lot to understand the effectiveness of WAP & WEB campaigns and thereby influencing my decision to optimize digital campaigns.

Google Analytics review by Lawerence C.
Lawerence C.

"Always stay on course"

What do you like best?

Informative main page. You can customize it for yourself and get the information you need. Excellent reports, they are all informative. This is good information to improve your marketing. A powerful import tool, it's easy to upload any information to Google Analytics, it can be done through the application itself or through the API.

What do you dislike?

Complex manual, a person who did not work with similar systems or has no technical education will be difficult to understand it. Not very nice reports. The support service only works in a paid version, which is upset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to boost sales or find more users, Google Analytics features help you to achieve your goal. There are two solutions for small business and for quite large companies, you can choose the option that suits you best.

We are growing, so we decided to launch our online store. We were looking for a simple and free version for our website. With Google Analytics, we track traffic and conversions. With it halps we improve our marketing.

Google Analytics review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Confusing, but "

What do you like best?

There is a LOT of functionality within Google Analytics. Almost anything my company's owners ask for is accessible through this platform. I can see where most of my traffic is coming from on desktop, mobile, or tablet. I can even see what brand device the majority of my audience is using! From a marketing and demographics standpoint, this is awesome!

What do you dislike?

There's so much on the platform that it can get confusing very quickly. There are also some aspects that are labeled very similarly but have different analytics and numbers, making it hard to distinguish what it is truly being measured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is so much information and data to be gained from using Google Analytics, but it can only be successful if you know how to use it properly. Take trainings or online courses to learn how to truly utilize the platform and all its functionalities so that you can achieve the highest success rate. This is not a platform that is simple to every person, myself included. Also, check your dashboard often, as it will send notifications there but not alert you by email.

Being able to see where my traffic is coming in from and where users are going throughout the site (behaviors) is a huge key in my business. It's also helped me realize where to allocate my digital dollars because I can see where the majority of my traffic is coming from online.

Google Analytics review by Alyssa E.
Alyssa E.

"Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to view how our website is doing - like our traffic every day and if our marketing efforts are working. I enjoy the ability to compare different months ("quarters") and see if we have increased traffic (See where we can improve).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that something it gets really slow and times out. The "loading" time seems to be getting longer and longer. I am a busy person and don't have time to waste. I also dislike the *new* graphs that are provided to see when users visit. The colors are so similar together that it is hard to interpret what is even going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics is a powerful tool to monitor your website traffic. There are tons of useful "parts" of the software that really help with seeing if your marketing efforts are working. Sometimes the software is a bit buggy, but other than that - It is worth trying!

We are figuring out what is working best in terms of lead generation. We have a problem of using random products/tools, without seeing if it is even generating any response - Google Analytics helps us solve this issue. There are tons of benefits like seeing if our Social Media efforts are working, along with our Adword campaigns.

Google Analytics review by Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.

"Staple of every marketers toolkit! "

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is a super robust tool that allows you to dig very deep into the data of your website and its visitors, in order to really understand both the behavior and trends of your audience/customers. The way GA is structured allows you to go as deep into the data as you want, however you can also get a great overview of what is happening on your site through the main dashboards which are more like a snapshot of the overall trends and behaviors.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be quite steep for newcomers and sometimes it feels like GA overcomplicates things in the terms they use and the descriptions they have for some of the more advanced features which require 'activation'. Some of the descriptions on parts of the tool feel like they were written by someone who was too tech-focused, rather than thinking on the everyday user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the ins and outs of the product, even if you need to do a course. The insights you can get by just understanding the various terms and features can be very valuable to your business and help guide the marketing decisions within your company.

We use GA to get both basic and in-depth marketing insights; to understand how long people are spending on our site, what type of visitors we're attracting, their behavior, and the pages which are converting the best.

Google Analytics review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Tried and True"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics has been around a long time and it has evolved to keep pace with the fast changing needs of websites. It's simple and easy to use and better yet, simple to install. While I haven't used all of the features yet,, it has made managing my website and business much easier.

What do you dislike?

The side effect of adding a lot of the advanced features over the years is that this application has become much harder to manage. Navigation is difficult for beginners and often times many users are stuck navigating through pages of content/functions that are not relevant to their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is still one of the best applications for tracking user behavior but there are a lot of newer companies emerging which are offering a similar set of tools with much easier management tools.

We have been using Analytics to track user journeys and see which pages on our sites are causing friction. We have used this tool to modify and remove pages which have resulted in increased sales and greater user engagement.

Google Analytics review by Nida F.
Nida F.

"Great tool to get a snapshot of how your website is doing"

What do you like best?

- A single place to check a range of metrics

- The capability to create custom dashboards

- Integrated view of traffic driven from social media channels, paid ads, and organic

What do you dislike?

- The number of integrations required. You have to integrate social media channels, search console, plus add URLs with UTM tags so that google can identify the campaign source and medium.

- It even counts visits from bots. For example, I used different website ranking websites to determine the worth of my website and it showed them as unique users

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you to watch a few videos about the tool before. This way, you should be able to get the most out of GA from the very beginning. Also, integrate everything, from search console to social media, to be able to get a complete picture. And use UTM tags in the URLs of your content so that you know which channels are driving more traffic.

- I am able to identify keywords for which I am getting organic traffic

- Identify social media channels that are driving the most traffic

- Identify which countries my users belong to and develop targeted content

Google Analytics review by Willem B.
Willem B.

"Google Analytics Gives Me Everything I Needs"

What do you like best?

I love the new dashboard feature in the new google analytics platform. Having every basic metric I want to see all in once place is nice and efficient. The ability to also customize the dashboard and tailor it to my own needs helps. I can set up it once for a client we're working with and every time I login to their client account I have everything for their specific KPI and desired goals.

What do you dislike?

On the individual user engagement section, when I'm trying to find data about 1 specific page, it seems like a lot of the data is lacking in this area and I would like a more thorough breakdown. A lot of the time we run PPC campaigns and social campaigns that lead to one specific landing page and we want to give our clients more than just users and session data. I feel like there are more targeted results I could get from this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest giving google analytics a trial run. Once you set up analytics on your site, checking in with it every couple of days will only help give your company more information. What initially could start as a set it and forget kind of idea could turn into a substantial tool for your entire company.

Google Analytics is especially helpful when we pair it with our other online marketing campaigns. Whether they're programatic, social, or PPC , analytics helps us discover additional metrics to measure campaign success.

Google Analytics review by Sean M.
Sean M.

"Google Analytics review"

What do you like best?

I especially enjoy the ease of connecting websites to GA, as well as easy to use metrics and visual aids. The ability to quickly create charts and graphs. Big data integrations. Cloud implementations.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the continuously changing interface. Real time metrics are not always real time. Many hours of configuration are needed to address custom business needs. A walk through for solving custom business prblems would help teach the AI how to build charts and graphs that are tailored to the business. Versus populating tons of generic charts that one has to try and fit into their solutions. This is great to have instant charting, but often clouds the intended direction by forcing you to find new patterns that match your business when in reality you have custom solutions to create. Would be nice to have better tracking for internal usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to implement a certified Google Analytics Admin that has experience in your field. Draw out business requirements in plain language prior to implementing GA. By performing the business requirements steps before implementation, the team will have a better understanding of how to implement the tool and address business needs from a technical perspective. Figure out what you want out of it before implementing. Then everyone is on the same page.

Website traffic stats, target audience, demographics. A B testing, QA testing. Simulations, big data analysis. click tracking. Benefits include better user analytics and internal usage.

Google Analytics review by Chanelle W.
Chanelle W.

"Google Analytics review"

What do you like best?

There are many benefits of google analytics

The abundance of information available is incredible. the ability to segment and analyse data is so useful.

I also enjoy the use of dashboards within my organisation, as they are clear and visual with the ability to compare date range. which it perfect to spot trends or realise

one incredible thing is that It is completely free of charge. Although it is a free tool, but it still offers just as much or even more functionalities when compared to other paying tools.

Able to find out how your visitors locate your website. Other than the core set of keywords that you are optimizing, you will also be able to find out what other keywords your visitors type in to find your website. During the initial optimization campaign, the number of keywords may be little. But as time goes by, you will start getting more keywords being listed on organic listings, due to your overall optimization effort.

Google analytics gives you the ability Able to fine tune your website. With this analytic report, you will be able to fine-tune your website and do a new copywriting on any page that is not converting well. In the end, it will bring you more quality prospects, and thus gaining more customers in the near future. it also gives you the ability to identify which pages and links your visitors click the most. You will be able to know which are the popular pages and links, and measure whether your optimization campaign is directing the traffic to the correct pages

What do you dislike?

it can be quite overwhelming at first, due to the vast amount of information available.

we are solving the issue of SEO and being able to track the success of social media campaigns.

Google Analytics review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Google Analytics for Business"

What do you like best?

As a digital marketing and web design agency we use Google Analytics for all of our clients. This provides us with benchmarking, goals and conversions, and insights into the effectiveness of campaigns and digital marketing efforts that we wouldn't be able to see otherwise.

What do you dislike?

As a whole, Analytics is a great product. There are a few minor issues that would make it easier for the end user who is new to the platform. These include an easier way for users to dig down into funnels and deeper insights. That being said, we do find it easy to use and recommend Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free product is great - but you get limited support. There are a lot of online resources from Google to figure out how to do things yourself. But don't expect to get help directly from Google.

We use Google Analytics to provide insights and measurement for our customers websites. We are able to see how the traffic comes to their website, what pages they view, any conversions that take place and more.

Google Analytics review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"This is more powerful than enterprise solutions even 5 years ago"

What do you like best?

Being free is always a plus, but there are many things I appreciate about Analytics.

First, getting data about user location, devices used and other demographic info is always insightful.

Having the ability to send admin notifications when certain activities are triggered (404 pages, visitor reports, etc) is nice.

My favorite report is the landing page report, showing visits and conversions from visitors landing on those pages.

Ecommerce funnel tracking has really improved over the past few years since Google Tag Manager came on the scene, but it does take some more advanced deployment to track properly.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming at times to find the exact report I want. Saving reports into my dashboard is something I need to do more of once I find a key report.

Micro-conversions are tough to track through the entire funnel if javascript is used, so that makes it hard to have comprehensive tracking for many ecommerce platforms.

Tracking lead flow from campaigns and user engagement across the sites to see where optimization can be continued to drive more qualified conversions.

Google Analytics review by Christian E.
Christian E.

"Great Tool With Many Options"

What do you like best?

It's simple and intuitive. I can jump in, go to a few saved reports and get my high-level info. Then, if needed, I can drill down deeper. Sometimes the usual reports show something that requires more insight or questions.

What do you dislike?

Does not provide IP address or search terms. These would be useful as they would give more details about the visitors. Search terms have been removed for several years now but that was a great tool. I understand why GOOGLE would not want this info so easily available.

It would also be nice if you could build multiple sites (subdomains) into the funnel to see how people move from one site to another that of course you own and control - or even subdomains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trust but verify. Because Google offers a free version you can use that and then try some other tools like StatCounter to compare.

How site visitors use my website. What content they find important. How long they spend on different pages.

Google Analytics review by Abhinav T.
Abhinav T.

"Just One Word AMAZING"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Analytics is, that such an effective instrument with several highlights is totally free. Consequently, sites of all sizes and sorts have a chance to utilize it. It demonstrates sites guests information, stream, activities, and so forth. Basic sites more often than not screen just min measurements like a number of visits and skip rate. Huge web-based businesses take after considerably more markers. I utilize it myself and furthermore educate my clients on how to utilize this apparatus...

What do you dislike?

While Google Analytics is the most hearty framework, it doesn't do everything for you. You need to know how to function its highlights, and there are a considerable measure. I prescribe taking on the web confirmations in conjunction to attempting Google Analytics all alone. There is such a long way to go to augment the highlights. I've been utilising Google Analytics for quite a long time regardless I am adapting new things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As we all know quality of support from google is amazing.. I love the support.. I love the Unique Website Design and its performance i will recommend to u tooo

I am getting a detailed report of my website or app.. How many views i am getting per day.. Unique visitors.. page views etc...

Google Analytics review by Jenny W.
Jenny W.

"You get what you pay"

What do you like best?

I like the up to date analytics and graphs and charts that the software provide. They are user friendly and I find that they are an easy way to get the data that I need. The graphs are also useful in providing the data to coworkers and supervisors in an easy to understand way. Overall I feel like this is a good product to provide general information and some specifics also.

What do you dislike?

Logging in and finding the information I am looking for is sometimes cumbersome. There are instances that I spend a few minutes clicking on the wrong link from the homepage before remembering where I was last month. For a frequent user, this wouldn't be a big deal, but for someone who access this program once or twice a month, I find that I waste time unnecessarily just trying to remember how to navigate to what I want to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since there was no output of money to implement this product, it worked well for us. It only cost the time required for employees and others to learn the software.

We use Google Analytics to track hits on our website. Google Analytics has helped us realize what time of day we get the most hits to maximize our viewings. We realize Google Analytics offers additional features, but we have only been using the product for about six months, so we aren't fully using the softward to it's capacity.

Google Analytics review by Kamil Z.
Kamil Z.

"User Friendliness and customization "

What do you like best?

The simple linking with other Google products such as Google adwords and Google Shopping for e-Commerce.

What do you dislike?

Although the user friendliness is a huge factor in my use of this Product, the training and information resources seem hard to find on the web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using GA to track custom ad units, be sure to check that this product fits your requirements, especially in regards to event tracking. For example, a lot of clients request 'Mouse Hovers' as a metric/KPI, GA by default doesn't track this unless you insert a custom script

We're serving custom Execution Ad Units through Google DFP and tracking the performance of the Events of these custom units in Google Analytics.

I've also used this product in a separate venture, an e-Commerce store, to track conversions. Amazing insights specifically on Customer Path to purchase.

Google Analytics review by Garni G.
Garni G.

"Very robust program, a good dashboard for user engagement"

What do you like best?

What I like best about the program is that it is a great all-around analytics service, and it gives me the ability to see which pages are the most popular and how a user ends up on our site. It gives me that information, and it's FREE to use!!! And I can get certified too and learn the tips and tricks through their Analytics Academy.

What do you dislike?

Much of the information can only be accessed through the desktop version of the site, and this especially applies to the flowchart ("Behavior Flow"). Also, there's not much in-app or in-program support, and not much of an intro either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program, and it is backed by the reliability of the Google brand name.

Before Google Analytics, I was not able to see who clicked on what page, how they arrived at a particular page, and where the users are located, and also how long a user stayed on a particular page and where the user went from that page. In addition, with the information, I can tailor the website content to suit a particular audience, such as mobile users and users of certain devices. Google Analytics answered some questions I had about the website's users, like:

*How did they get here (Google, Yelp, Groupon)?

*Where are they from?

*What device/OS are they using (Android, iOS, Windows, etc)

*How long do they stay on the site or a particular page?

*What pages do they visit?

*For every 100 of them, how many book an appointment or buy a product?

Google Analytics review by Ronny S.
Ronny S.

"Great Tool for beginners and advanced users"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is easy to integrate, intuitive to handle and very mighty if it is set up correctly

What do you dislike?

If the tool is not set up correctly or if you don't take enough time to comprehend the values you get from the tool, you could easily jump to the wrong conclusions and make wrong decisions in the end. But it is the same with all analytics systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

first implementation is easy but take care of some beginners-misstakes (e.g. double implementation of the tracking-code on your side)

if you need more detailed information, take a little bit time or ask professionals to help you with the integration.

We analyze and track the customers behaviour in out magento e-commerce shop.

We track where people come from, interact in the shop and finaly what people buy or where they leave the shop.

Google Analytics review by Anu K.
Anu K.

"A Must Web Analytics Tool For All Web Apps"

What do you like best?

Like the different kinds of reports the tool can provide for analyzing the customer behavior. The real time report and the custom dimension feature give Google Analytics the power to track each activity and the behavior of your application

Most importantly, google analytics allows you to track campaigns. The results or conversions and bounce rate from the campaign is very important data that organization can leverage.

Ability to track on to roll up properties. This is letting us analyze all our brands into one single property in analytics.

What do you dislike?

The e-commerce feature of Analytics cannot be customized according to the application architecture. Modification of a transaction is not allowed. Instead there is only purchase and refund.

The real time reports are few seconds delayed to record into the tool. This makes it more difficult to analyze dynamic user tracking.

Support is limited to help center and user form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal analytics tool for all web applications. Extermly easy to setup. It also has G suite feature that gives you Optimize Google Tag Manager and lot of other internal google tool employees can leverage.

We are solving Customer Campaign analysis. Real time feature to track error and warning codes. Ecommerce trend gives a lot of insights about the user conversions. The product performance lets you analyze and make business decisions on results and check which product is performing better.

Google Analytics review by Lorenzo M.
Lorenzo M.

"[SYSTEM ASSIGNED TITLE] LINKEDIN EXTERNAL REVIEW"

What do you like best?

What do you like best? Google Analytics is a great product. I like that it can display changes in daily traffic and overall informations about users and behaviors. What do you dislike? There is room for improvements in a few areas, such as integrating the Chrome plug-in about movements and live click on page in the Dashboard. What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized? Being on internet is not about existing after having registered a domain, but monitoring constantly your visibility and reputation. For which purposes do you use the product? SEO, Traffic, Content Marketing, Targeting, Profiling, Web marketing, Conversions What is your primary role when using this product? To have an instant view of daily issues and deep impacting trends. What is your relationship with this vendor? Direct. At which company did you most recently use this product? Araneus Are you a current user of Google Analytics? Yes

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are in some way hidden, not easy to find.

GA provides you important informations about your website visibility, your audience, your business KPIs.

Google Analytics review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Google Analytics helps you know your website! "

What do you like best?

The best part of GA is being able to see where the users on my site are going. I can see when they are most active, the path they take on while there, how long they stayed on the site, and how where the traffic came from. Location is also a useful feature although I do not use it because all my users are in one place. The dashboard looks amazing in an easy to read UI.

What do you dislike?

Although the dashboard looks very nice, once you dive deeper into the report it can be slightly confusing as to what all the information means and how to interpret it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because Google Analytics is free for even a power user I would recommend trying Google Analytics on your website and let it run for a couple of days so you can accumulate some data. Then you can take a look at some of the reports and see if Google Analytics is right for you and your website / company.

The biggest problem Google Analytics solved was the uncertainty we had on our website. We only knew how many page views and unique user we had for that week, but once we started using GA we were able to see very detailed numbers and that really allowed us to know what worked. So some of the benefits: Detailed reporting, lots of insights, easy website integration, and easy to read dashboard.

Google Analytics review by Timothy W.
Timothy W.

"Essential for any website"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics gives me so much information about my website's audience. I absolutely love using this tool to discover new insights.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about Google Analytics. So far it has accomplished everything I've needed it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to play around and browse through all the different sections of the tool. I know it can look intimidating when you first log in, but it's really easy to understand once you spend some time discovering. If you feel really lost, there are plenty of free (and paid) courses you can sign up for to learn more. Definitely a necessary life skill for anybody doing business online.

The most important thing for me is knowing how my customers are finding my site. I use it to find information on the highest revenue-generating referral sources and then I double-down on my marketing efforts in those areas.

Google Analytics review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"The Quintessential Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

Google provides nearly every aspect of analytics, tracking, and goals that you could possibly desire, all wrapped up under the hood of Google Analytics and Data Studio. The ability to create goals and track conversions and specific activities makes Google Analytics a necessity for our client projects.

What do you dislike?

Some tools are more difficult to understand and utilize then they should be. I would like more of a 'wizard' type interface to several aspects of Analytics as it would help in creating more features, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best all-in-one analytics tool that you'll need for your website/app projects. Comprehensive reporting features, conversions, last attribute, and more. One of the greatest features of Google Analytics is the ability to create and run custom reports. The ability to generate a PDF weekly report makes communicating with clients on the website stats a breeze!

All client projects have Google Analytics and at least basic reporting added to their websites. The ability to show conversion rates, bounce rates, and eCommerce tracking is essential in providing accurate reporting to our clients. Businesses need the ability to dig deep into reporting for answers on how well their project is or is not doing. Google analytics has the answers.

Google Analytics review by Rahul S.
Rahul S.

"A universal and end to end analytical solution"

What do you like best?

The level of integration that Google Analytics provides with it comes to tracking and reporting website traffic is impressive. Not only this over the years the platform has improve its user interface drastically which can make managing the platform a very easy job.

What do you dislike?

Unlike the other analytics platforms (IBM or Adobe) this platform is very much restricted to just website traffic and management. A few additions like automated email marketing campaigns etc. can surely add a lot of value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First of all decide what all needs you want to be met with this tool. Many of us are nearly clueless when we start tracking our activity and hence we fail to get any concrete results. Having a clear goal in mind will give more direction to the kind of results you want to drive.

Being a digital marketing manager this tool is something that I use on a day to day basis for managing, tracking and analysis of the website of the company website.

Google Analytics review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"More visitors and customers with this product from Google "

What do you like best?

We are experiencing the results of the improvement of our website now. After using Google Analytics to analyze our website we are realizing more sales and have way more visitor then before. The detailed numbers are helping in this process. Also, the installation and the working process is very intuitive and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

I have some privacy concerns regarding the data policy from Google, but my colleagues don’t share this opinion. Also, I think the support is very unresponsive if you are having an important error and want it to be fixed in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it is free but at the same time very powerful I recommend this tool for every company that take their online business more serious in the future.

Like mentioned above we use this tool to focus on ways of improvements for the company website. We want to make the sites more attractive for potential customers and need to have more visitors that stay longer on the pages. With the in-detail features of Analytics we can take a very accurate look on sites that are lacking visitors and can create them more attractive.

Google Analytics review by Ingrid K.
Ingrid K.

"One of the best programs for website analytics "

What do you like best?

You can monitor nearly all things that matter to be successful with your company’s website. This is also possible for multiple websites in one account, for example for business diversification. Also, the mobile analytics are evenly detailed like the desktop ones.

What do you dislike?

The data policy is a little bit concerning, Google needs permission for all your data including the data after you opted out. But for this, you get a free monitoring tool. The visualization of the data is not the prettiest and you are limited to change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don’t mind that Google has all your data in hand, then this tool is the best overall program for website statistics in the free category. It offers comparable variety for no money than other programs in this category which are more expensive.

We try to get more traffic to our relatively new established website. With this program, we have the possibilities to identify weak spots and how they perform after an update.

Google Analytics review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Great way to track stats!"

What do you like best?

This is not realtime, however its so close that it's exactly what we need here to make sure that our business is running in the right direction. We are always looking at analytics to see how we can better our search presence.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cant compare some stats to others. For example, I cant see the location of clicks in Analytics. I can see it in AdWords but not Analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having the ability to compare all metrics across the board. This is really a 'time suck' when I have to bounce from different Google platforms for information. Essentially, if everything is linked, it should be viewable from one source.

We are able to optimally spend properly in AdWords and we can focus on pages that we think are doing well that really aren't. It's helpful to see Conversions and Events we have set up to have concrete proof of how we need to improve our website. This has helped us focus on areas that we thought were OK and switch our focus away from areas that are already performing great.

Google Analytics review by Oluwajoba O.
Oluwajoba O.

"The Perfect Free Tool For Website Reporting"

What do you like best?

1. Google Analytics is a great tool for reporting the activities that happen on your website. Every website owner needs to know what goes on on their site and this tool makes it possible to know exactly what goes on in terms of visitors' location, browsed web pages, how long people stay on your web pages. This can greatly help in improving your website which could mean making more money for your business.

2. This powerful tool is free to use. With all the great features you get with Analytics, it has always been free to use

3. Mobile platform: Google Analytics has a very useful mobile app which enables you to view your stats on your mobile anywhere anytime. I find myself using the mobile version more often. The web version is great for

configurations as well

4. It has several install options

What do you dislike?

1. It is a bit technical and this is a tool for web experts and techy people

2. It is constantly being updated which means sometimes you might be lost if you do not use it for a while. You might find yourself trying to learn how it works again

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics is the industry standard for website reporting and statistics. It is free to use and it gives you a lot of features. I have been using it for years and I also know that it even has a lot of other features that I have not even used yet

1. I use Analytics on my websites and it has helped me to particularly know my bounce rate which is a great feature that helps you know if you should improve on your website content

2. I use is to monitor where my website visitors are coming from in terms of their locations

3. I use it to view website visitors activities in real time. It shows the devices used, the pages viewed, how long they stay

Google Analytics review by Liliya E.
Liliya E.

"Simple but insightful"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics provides so much visibility in website traffic, advertising traffic and any goals submitted. It does take some time to remember where certain information lives, but doesn’t take take to learn!

What do you dislike?

Gets confusing sometimes on where certain information lives. Not enough support from Google. Sometimes, a user just wants to speak with a real person instead of reading through articles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to do your own setup and management, support is non existent.

Google analytics gives me and my employer the insights on traffic by usin UTM codes, each landing page we create we use unique UTM parameters to track the performance of each campaign. We also can see year over year view and so on, so we have the visibility of website performance and AdWords performance at any given time.

Google Analytics review by Thorsten M.
Thorsten M.

"Website improvement focused on success"

What do you like best?

That you can see in detail the way of a specific customer through your website. From starting point until the buy process all visiting points are shown.

What do you dislike?

The menu design was at first a little bit complicated for me. It needed some time to learn all the features and the support is sometimes simply not answering my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people who need to focus on in-detail page analyzing like me this tool works wonders. And I think for more number focused people it is also an accurate and stable tool to use. I even think it is free for companies that are a little small.

I oversee designing and creating the certain landing pages for our different campaigns. With the help of the in-page analysis, I can focus on improvements and learn a lot about what works, and which style doesn’t work. Also, the tool gives an overall accurate overview of the whole success that is made with our website, but for that, my colleagues are using this tool.

Google Analytics review by Brigitte Y.
Brigitte Y.

"Google Analytics Offers Just Enough Information to Make Website Improvements"

What do you like best?

Digital analytics can be intimidating, but once you get the hang of it, it can become very addictive. Google Analytics gives you the chance to use the information from the activities that take place on a website to collect, analyze, and learn. What you learn can help you make changes to your business activities so they become more effective. Google Analytics is a more simplified free platform for you to do this when compared to other analytics platforms. It helps you to know if what you are doing on your site is working or not so you can come up with solutions, align activities with your audiences behaviors, and have a hub of useful information. The reports views, filters, and dashboards are all tools to help you along the way.

I have found Google Analytics useful but limited when it comes to learning who makes up an audience. I think you can benefit from it better if you have a medium- to large-sized audience that’s well-defined.

One of the features I enjoy is the Real-time report. It allows you to see who is presently on the site and times throughout the day when there’s been a lot of activity. This is very helpful when you have incorporated chat sessions on your site. Messenger services have become more popular since people seek to have more personable experiences with brands online, so the Real-time report can be really useful. It’s also helpful when you’ve launched a new product or added new pages.

I have recently started using Google Analytics to monitor the activity of my portfolio site so I can see whether my communications has been effective or not. Another good feature to use is Acquisitions. It tells you where your traffic is coming from and how. Depending on your online marketing activities, it will help you to determine whether your traffic is coming from an organic stie, email, paid search campaign, referrals or whether or not someone pasted or typed your url into the browser. You can find out what device was used-- such as a tablet, laptop, or desktop--

which can really affect the design of your site.

What do you dislike?

In the past when I’ve used, Google Analytics the Audience category was limited. I think it’s slightly improved, but that area of the platform has been the only part that I would love to see updated. However, Google Analytics offers Beta features, which can make up in some areas where it lacks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics is a great tool, but if you are an entrepreneur or a small business you will really need to have done your research beforehand. In other words, I believe you should have a well thought-out business plan and a well-defined targeted audience. In addition having a good-size audience will help you really get more accurate data.

Currently. I am using Google Analytics to monitor activity on my Portfolio site so I can see which categories or experiences I have are of the most interest. This way I can improve upon the webpage by offering more information. I used Google Analytics five years ago to help with targeting and segmenting the audience for email marketing. I wanted to develop personas to further understand who was engaging in the emails, and I also wanted to do some A/B testing as a result. However, Google Analytics only offered broad information like the age range and regional and state locations. So, I used both Google Analytics and Omniture to gather the information I needed to define my audience

Google Analytics review by Lashay W.
Lashay W.

"Review of analytics"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is very intuitive and easy to configure. For the marketing manager, Google Analytics is the perfect tool to show us where our visitors come from, their behavior, where they are located, and much more information that we use to improve our digital strategy.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics does not always provide specific information about the demographic characteristics and locations of each person visiting our website, which makes it difficult to understand when we reach the target audience and transform it into customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are afraid of online measurement tools or new metrics and analysis of websites, Google Analytics is an individual solution that is perfect for you.

We just launched a new website, so tracking conversions for tracking is the most important for us. I like to set and measure goals. This helped us evaluate the success of our new content and layout compared to our previous site.

Google Analytics review by Stephanie K.
Stephanie K.

"Excellent Foundational Tool "

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is intuitive to use, has amazing support resources for new users and gives a full-rounded view of website performance at no cost. For small to medium sized companies, particularly those engaging in e-Commerce, Google Analytics provides a wealth of data, from source-medium insights, time of day performance to attribution modelling.

What do you dislike?

As a free tool, Google Analytics has its limits and leveraging it to its full capability is dependent on tech resources being available to properly tag all site interactions. GA is not a replacement for an ERP or CRM, but is still really helpful.

With regards to support, GA support is only available to GA Premium members. It's really challenging to get Google support for the unpaid product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google has excellent training resources for all products. For new users, I would strongly recommend undertaking one of the Google Analytics courses.

Consider investing in tech resource to ensure accurate implementation, as it will ensure that you can full leverage all functionality, including e-commerce and retargeting capabilities.

- Best performing marketing channels

- Opportunities for SEO optimisation and affiliate partner outreach

- Conversion rate and on-site engagement optimisation

- Identification of high performing pages and new content opportunities

- Geographical performance

- Attribution Modelling

Google Analytics review by Rolland P.
Rolland P.

"Nice to be with Google analytics."

What do you like best?

The better way of analyzing information about phones with Internet approach, mobile sites, and apps. I can faster report on public functions. Always can dissect the influence of social resources on reach companies goals and conversions.

What do you dislike?

From the begin, I was confuse how to manage all working tools. But with every working day, I understand that I can't without them. Nothing bad I don't want to say but install should be more simple it is will helps to new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you will increase your business very fast. You will have better reporting system which can be filtered to represent the needs of your company. The opportunity to work with reporting and analysis tools. Make your communication better.

This software helps us develop our business across our websites and apps. Also, we can allow a single, all-round view of the client that can be customized to our needs and shared via the organization.

Google Analytics review by Robert K.
Robert K.

"Essential for any onliine business"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is best used for segmenting, slicing and manipulating the raw data to be able to identify user journey funnels, key opportunities and where you might be leaking users/sales

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say is that the non-360 package, which we have the majority of our clients on, can be restrictive, especially compared to the added benefits you get with 360.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have less than 5000 sessions a month to your website then you probably don't need to worry too much about the set up being that accurate. If you have over 20,000 sessions a month, then you need GA and you need it set up correctly. The benefits will far outweigh any costs, so long as you have an analyst who knows what they are doing.

Analytics analysis, A/b testing, full website audits. The main benefit is being able to track users from the start of their journey to the end, so long as you have the correct backend system in place, a good data layer is essential to get the most out of GA.

Google Analytics review by Antonia H.
Antonia H.

"Detailed statistics for your website and e-business"

What do you like best?

The intuitive design makes it easy to analyze all statistics right after the start. The setup of this tool is also one of the easiest installations of programs like this. Google made a nice API for all features you need. We must pay a reasonable amount for Analytics but for other smaller companies it is completely free.

What do you dislike?

The real-time based statistics and features are having a big delay sometimes. Also, I realize some issues when using it on my tablet at other places then my workplace. The design is not the best for mobile and it certainly is slower then on my desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think for small companies this is a must-have because they do not need to pay anything for the usage of this tool. But also, for bigger companies this tool can be a staple in your daily work.

We use it for all kinds of analyzing our online business. From creating daily statistics for colleagues to the detailed view of unique page statistics we do all things with this tool. It gives us the chance to improve our website and all methods of online marketing and communications with our customers.

Google Analytics review by Mary S.
Mary S.

"Grab your Web Analytics free using Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

If you want to gather data about your site's viewers / visitors in depth and in detail, then Google Analytics is the best thing you will ever set up on your site. It is free of cost for basic uses ( Analytics 360 is for larger scale) . Google Analytics provides insightful data about referral sources, bounce time, and conversions.

What do you dislike?

Even if it is free , Google Analytics can be little overwhelming and complicated at first. The full version is prohibitively expensive .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot say anything about small companies but for big businesses like ours this tool is amazing and I can certainly recommend it to others. Understand it will take some time to learn this dashboard, but it is powerfull.

We have configured google analytics for our websites by simply putting tracking code in web root folder.. We need visibility into our website's performance and what campaigns are driving traffic to our site. We are creating full website analytics using only Google Analytics.

Google Analytics review by John K.
John K.

"Easy to Install, but Hard to Master"

What do you like best?

Installation is easy. You just paste in their code, or use a CMS plugin that takes the ID number, or the code. It starts working within a day or two. You immediately get some numbers, and the stats are filtered so you generally see real visitors, not search engine bot traffic.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to really dislike, except that the product is extensive and interface can sometimes be confusing. To learn the application, you really need to learn about funnels, and SEO, and other traffic-related work, and then apply that to using GA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good idea to have a few web properties to measure, so you can compare different use cases.

This applied to the job from a few years ago. I only needed to know traffic and popular content. Today, however, I've had to do more work that is web-only or internet-only, the features in GA are starting to make more sense.

Google Analytics review by Kashyap B.
Kashyap B.

"Recommended for use. Really awesome"

What do you like best?

Being a Data Science enthusiast, I love the Google Analytics platform as a whole. I have used this platform for both my personal website as well as a website for a conference. One of the best thing about Google Analytics is that is really easy to implement. Along with that, it provides top-notch analytics report.

Some of them being:

1. Which country do the users belong to, who have visited your website?

2. What platform are they using to visit your website?

3. Which region has the maximum number of hits?

These are some of the questions that this tool answers which can help you strategize your digital marketing aspect.

On top of that, I can also view real-time users who and how they are interacting with my website.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such have I stumbled upon with this platform that has bugged me. Overall, Google analytics is the best if you want to integrate into your website for live analytics report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Google Analytics platform if you want to keep a track of how your website is performing in every aspect. This would help you determine your market prospects and also potential investments.

I have a conference for which I am working. We have integrated Google Analytics due to which our work has become way easier. We can keep track of where our conference has its reach. We also know how and from where users reach our content and how researchers interact with our website. This information helps us in determining our advertisement requirement and help us determine our reach.

Google Analytics review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"A Great Tool for Insights"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics can provide phenomenal insights into your website from how people got there to what they did on your website. It has a lot of tools that can provide great information and can truly transform your business and help with your website. I really like the reports because you can quickly access them and get the information you need. I also like the data it provides on traffic referrals so we can understand how people get to our website.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is the learning curve. There is a lot to learn with Adwords and not understanding everything can make it difficult to know how to gather the information you are needing. They created a new version of the reporting, but I haven't had time to learn it so I am unable to utilize it. Some things are not as easy if you don't know what you're doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend taking a course in Google Analytics before getting into it. There is a lot you need to know about setting it up correctly that you won't be able to figure out on your own. Once setup, you will also need to know what you're looking at and how to create reports and dashboards. You might be able to figure it out, but learning how to use it correctly from the beginning will save you a ton of time in the long run.

Google Analytics is helping us to better understand our users and our website. We have been able to track user behavior, conversions, and where our audience comes from which has been a huge help in our marketing efforts.

Google Analytics review by Maria H.
Maria H.

"A must have website analytics , Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is a nice tool if you do not mainly focus on your online business but have other selling channels you work with. I mostly like that I can monitor not only the type of people that visit my website, but I can also monitor where they are located and even see them on the site in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Nothig is bad about this free software. The only issue encountered was were to start. Google analytics has so much features that may leave you dazed.For who is a non-technical entrepreneur or is not tech savvy it could be a painful process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple yet powerful analytics solution , simply perfect for SMB's . It is ideal for solving all problems in our company which is related to our online business.

We use it to monitor and analyze nearly our whole online business on our website. Getting information about visitors. Where they mostly come from, which browser they are using etc.

Google Analytics review by Russell S.
Russell S.

"Gain customer insights to help improve your marketing efforts"

What do you like best?

Being able to track and monitor where customers interactions on our website is insanely valuable. Google Analytics provides insightful data about referral sources, bounce time, and conversions. This is extremely helpful as we work to refine our messaging and evaluate new marketing initiatives.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics can be little overwhelming and complicated at first. We did this a while ago, but I remember struggling a bit with the installation process on our site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Google Analytics and Shopify's reporting tools to thoroughly evaluate our traffic. It's such an invaluable tool for any e-commerce company. With Google Analytics, I highly recommend their demographic tools which can provide valuable insights about the age, gender, and even interests of people visiting your website.

Being able see where traffic is coming from and how potential customers are interacting with our website, is insanely valuable as we evaluate new messaging and marketing campaigns. From a marketing perspective, we're able to see which campaigns are generating the most traffic and which of these campaigns are resulting in the highest conversion rate. We're also able to dig into each interaction, to see how potential customers are navigating our site. This allows us to make changes to the flow, messaging, and information provided.

Google Analytics review by James L.
James L.

"Great tool for Content Owners and UX testers"

What do you like best?

The simple out-of-the box implementation provides our users with more than enough information without the need for additional custom development. Custom Events are easy for developers to add to their code bases in order to monitor what ever they want. Being the largest Analytics offering, there is great support for cutting edge user interface libraries such as Angular and React.

What do you dislike?

Filtering out your own users is difficult on a public website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics is the standard for Web analytics, It is an easy to use low, to no cost solution to tracking not only web traffic but site feature use and conversions.

User tracking over time and feature use and adoption in user interfaces, A/B testing, and user click paths. We have been able verify the ROI of our recent website redesign through the use of user tracking. We have also been able to verify the usage of new user interactions and establish adoption metrics for new features in our applications.

Google Analytics review by Andreas S.
Andreas S.

"Basic allround tool for digital analytics"

What do you like best?

It is relatively easy to learn, even for a newcomer in online business who just graduated from the university, like me. I had nearly no problems in the start. The setup and installation of the tracking took nearly no time as Google has implemented their tracking. It is very functional and offers accurate numbers for our business. Also, it is completely free for small companies like us.

What do you dislike?

The retroactive reporting could need little more details. Plus the segmentation in different interests seems strange to me. In my opinion, this is not the most helpful segmentation of customers and also it is not accurate. You can get more value with another segmentation system. And at last, the support has not reacted towards my questions sometimes. Maybe they focus on paying customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool offers great value for free or for a reasonable price if you are a bigger company. I have to say that everyone should at least give it a try who wants to analyze their online business and improve in this field.

We run our whole digital analytics department via Google Analytics at the moment. For an uprising company, it is the ideal tool since it is free to use and offers all features that one could need. As we are a small team of only a few colleagues I have to make all statistics with it and am successful with all the features it offers.

Google Analytics review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"Best free analytics tool available"

What do you like best?

The ability to see and track my promotions and campaigns across channels. Easy to import data as well as build custom dashboards for clients. Easy to set up and connect with AdWords and other Google Products. Event tracking is a little more difficult for new users to set up, but using Google Tag Manager makes it really easy to set up custom events. eCommerce tracking works perfectly, I very rarely have discrepancies in data. The free version is robust enough for all of my needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the attribution is confusing and/or incorrect. For example, sometimes the metrics under a dimension won't match up if you apply the same reporting metrics as secondary dimension in a different report. You'll find this especially true for source/medium attribution under conversions, the attribution modeling tool doesn't line up with assisted conversions and sometimes last click/1st click also doesn't match up compared to what's reported under channels for conversions. Connecting with other non-Google systems without having to create Google Sheets and automations would be great. Particularly with Bing Ads. I'm sure this feature is available in the paid version. Cross-device reporting could also be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use Google Data Studio and Google Sheets and there are no limitations to this product.

I use Google Analytics for all my client reporting, I use it with funnel.io for more advanced filtering options and automated cost reporting. I use Google Analytics exclusively to report on sessions and conversions.

Google Analytics review by Madhavi G.
Madhavi G.

"Must-Have if you Run / Own Websites!"

What do you like best?

Google Analytics is one of the 'must-have' services if you run / own websites. Here is a very intricate and well developed system of collecting data about your website's visitors, and viewers. And you can also see how each page / blog post performs. All sorts of detailed data is gathered and compiled into easy-to-set-up reports and views. This is an absolute must-have for every website owner.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports aren't that simple or easy to set up. The ways to do many things are intricate and complicated. Sometimes a regular person, who isn't all that keen on doing code, may find that intimidating. There must be a simpler way to set things up -- or a way to make it easy for non-technical people to figure out what needs to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to gather data about your site's viewers / visitors in depth and in detail, then Google Analytics is the best thing you will ever set up on your site. With the help of the data you gather, you can then make the necessary changes / additions to your site's design and content, and even content presentation, that will ensure that your website's visitors have an excellent experience with what you are offering on the site.

I'm gathering information about the different types of viewers on my site -- where they come from, what they are reading on my site, and what sort of browsers they are using. This helps me decide the sort of design I have on my site. I can also see what brought them to my site -- which sites, or which keyword searches, for example -- and write / create content accordingly.

Google Analytics review by Sameer A.
Sameer A.

"Google Analytics is Free and powerful platform to know your audience"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that using Google analytics I can get the complete picture of my website. It helps me to find out how my different posts are performing. The traffic sources of my website. It helps me to make sales funnel and find the right demographics for website.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to say about the dislikes. It is a complete platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend google analytics to everyone as it is free and gives a complete picture of your website traffic and stats

Google analytics helps me to analyze & evaluate the traffic sources of my websites. Currently, we are focusing on google advertisement and this tool help me to find out whether my compaign is in right direction or not. It allows me to measure the ROI of my compaigns

Google Analytics review by Abhay t.
Abhay t.

"A must have web analytics software"

What do you like best?

Free, easy to use analytics platform that can be set up quickly to check the performance of your digital marketing initiatives. Google Analytics can give you all that information and more so you can make decisions really important to your business.For a small shop website like ours it offers enough statistics and analytic features

What do you dislike?

Could not point out any dislikes at this given time. Sampled data can be frustrating and lead to some (minor) inaccuracies. The full version is then prohibitively expensive .

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is really nothing to lose by implementing Google Analytics. Google Analytics an industry standard when it comes to web analytics.

We have used this to improve the content types, site map, and opt-in opportunities on the site. We also use Google Analytics to monitor site health and look for red flags that something is going wrong.We are trying to analyze the traffic coming to our site to find trends in how people browse

Google Analytics review by Caitlin C.
Caitlin C.

"The best data reporting for your client"

What do you like best?

Ease of tracking traffic, audience, and reporting to clients all-in-one.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I think that aesthetically, it could stand a facelift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be able to provide an excellent resource to your clients and your own team, get on board with GA! Every scrap of data that you can imagine is available and the visuals from graphs to charts that come it with are worth it all. Easily share accounts with colleagues and team members, and export data for clients to have their own view. We use it for everything from e-commerce, social media, general traffic, audience and demographic research, content marketing clients, and more!

We are able to track ROI and help our client's grow their businesses and share our efforts with clear reporting.

Google Analytics review by Maik H.
Maik H.

"Business Intelligence gaing for free"

What do you like best?

Th huge advantage over other products is simply that it is free. The whole tool and the usage of it costs absolutely nothing for us. Also, it is very easy to setup using the implemented tracking system that Google gives out to the users. Even for newcomers like me it is easy and does not take a whole lot of time to become a pro user. The tutorials that Google gives out are very helpful in the learning process.

What do you dislike?

The support is sometimes unreachable for me, maybe because of the different timezones or something. Also, the answers and support, in general, is not that good then I experienced from other services. I think that has to do with the free nature of this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool is ideal for newcomers in online business like me and for all other people too. It works nice and has no costs that come with it. After a while, even newcomers can work with it at a high level.

We use it to monitor and analyze nearly our whole online business on our website. It does a nice job of giving an overview of all statistics and where we have to improve or are doing good at the moment. But also going into detail is very nice with this tool. Especially the recording of user visits and the heat map, for example, are nice features to have. For me, as a graphic designer, it is extremely important to gain experience in the users thinking process when he or she is visiting our website.

Google Analytics review by Ellen G.
Ellen G.

"A must have basic analytics for your website"

What do you like best?

There are many platforms out there can cost a pretty penny, but it pulls data from Google Analytics. It connects seamlessly with Google Data Studio, to provide in-house and client-facing visualizations of gathered data. I have researched and tested out other offerings, but nothing can compare to the support and functionality that Google provides.

What do you dislike?

I wonder how frequently Google is updating Analytics layout .As soon as you get comfortable pulling the data you are looking for, it seems as though the whole application has been redesigned so things are in a different spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple yet powerful analytics solution , simply perfect for SMB's . The free version is enough sufficient to give you major insights. If you want to have advanced in-depth analytics go for paid analytics 360.

We're tracking traffic to multiple websites in order to determine marketing campaign/communications effectiveness. Getting information about visitors. Where they mostly come from, which browser they are using etc.

Google Analytics review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Industry Leader Resting on Their Laurels"

What do you like best?

The price absolutely can not be beat. Free fiddy free! Google has made themselves a must in many aspects of our life, and marketing jobs, Google Analytics is no exception. The functionality provided at this price is down right impressive. This is a great place to start for peopled new to analytics.

What do you dislike?

The most frustrating part of being a Google Analytics user is the constant flaws in the data. If you have a large set of conversions, you may not notice is, but in my role we get about 1 conversion a day so I notice when the conversion data is skewed, and its skewed every month. The reporting is bad enough that I do much of it manually. The UI is also extremely dated, and clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are reading this review then you have to have Google Analytics on your website. There are other options available, but they are expert level only!!! Double black diamond.

We are tracking multiple KPIs such as: organic traffic, conversions, traffic acquisition, bounce rate, average page duration, percent new / returning visitors. We monitor these daily, but also pull weekly, monthly, and yearly reports periodically. We install Google Analytics to every website we build (as it is an industry standard at this point) and use the analytical data to prove an ROI for our work. This makes it easier for us to get new and repeat business from our clients.

Google Analytics review by Johanna B.
Johanna B.

"Nice analytic features for zero costs"

What do you like best?

First of all, it runs very stable and delivers accurate numbers. You can rely on the tool in every situation I think. Also, it costs nothing for us. For our small online starting branch in the company, it works perfectly as an all-around tool.

What do you dislike?

At first, I needed a lot of time to get into the handling of this tool. But that is my own fault as I am new in the field of online business. The support was very helpful in some situations. The demographic regions are very good but the buyer type segments are very curious and in my opinion are topic of randomness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For businesses like ours, it is a no-brainer to use this tool. It costs nothing and after a while, even a non-professional can handle the offered features really well.

It is ideal for solving all problems in our company which is related to our online business. We are very new in the field of e-commerce and so we needed a good basic tool which can give us the numbers for our website. I can work on mobile and get mobile numbers from our customers.

Google Analytics review by Laci L.
Laci L.

"Great Tool for Anyone Wanting Insight Into The Performance of Their Website"

What do you like best?

I love the data visualization and report automation features. I think there is room for improvement still, but overall I am satisfied. I also love setting goals. Without goals we would be lost.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes data can be difficult to splice if you are trying to really drill down into a campaign. For instance, I can't get everything I need when looking at SEO or Paid Search traffic specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that you have setup your views in a thoughtful manner and exclude your company IP addresses to ensure you have a more realistic view of site performance. I also recommend having one unmodified view and creating additional views based on your goals and exclusions. That way if you ever have an issue with a view, you will always have a backup/unaltered view to clone and modify.

We need visibility into our website's performance and what campaigns are driving traffic to our site. We also do a lot of conversion rate optimization and it's easy to see the before and afters within Google Analytics.We've dabbled in event tracking, which hasn't been as successful but that it mostly user implementation error. It's important to have a technical admin that knows the platform in and out.

Google Analytics review by Roman Y.
Roman Y.

"Must have tool for website analytics"

What do you like best?

- Flexible tracking of website traffic for small and medium size projects

- Tracking different sources of traffic: organic, PPC, SMM and other

- Different aquasition models, so you can track how user interacts with your website and set different value for it

- Fully track your e-commerce project. Receive reports of sales of your products, understand what are the most profitable goods, also track conversion on every step of purchase

- Integrate Analytics with Adwords and receive fully information of your of your campaigns and their conversion in one tool

- Create custom reports. You can do report on your traffic sources and their conversions to sales, which is the most useful tool for e-commerce project

- Create GOALS. Goals allow to track how user interacts with website and find where you do something wrong for conversion

- A/B testing. You can create two or more pages with similar content, but maybe with different design and check out what page do more conversions to sales

- Allows to track and load offline conversions via Google Measurement Protocol

What do you dislike?

- You can't view user interaction videos right within the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a must have FREE tool for any kind of web projects.

So you can track your traffic, website interaction and sales within one service.

We are creating full website analytics using only Google Analytics.

We use it to track traffic sources for the clients, traffic amount, do split testing for landing, and provide full e-commerce tracking for sales.

Google Analytics review by Karin L.
Karin L.

"Nice allround tool for your online market"

What do you like best?

It is free and fast. Simple as that. Google Analytics is a nice tool if you do not mainly focus on your online business but have other selling channels you work with. It is stable to use and you have the opportunity to see all details and statistics about your E-Commerce.

What do you dislike?

I think it is not the easiest tool to learn and handle. But there are several tutorials for each function and if you hit a wall you can contact the very helpful support staff. Also, I think there is for some numbers a deviation of roughly 10% because I checked the numbers with other tools. Other than that there is really no negative thing to say about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in online business and want to focus on it then start with this free tool. You will not regret it.

We analyze our customer specific numbers for our website. We do not sell any products online because we have to counsel our customers before selling one of our finance products. But we can see the way of potential customers to our website and are aware of parts of our website that we have to improve.

Google Analytics review by Alfred P.
Alfred P.

"Excellent Platform"

What do you like best?

The best part of Google Analytics is the ability to track users across multiple platforms, great for demographics, ease of use with Google Ads, great for trends and keyword population. Easy to find out how customers found my site, what they did while on the site, how long they stayed, and what they did after.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new changes made to the program and the need to go to different places to create an Ad Campaign. Keyword Planner is no longer available and makes it more difficult to target ads based on keywords and phrases. Also Analytics is more complicated to use with the recent upgrades. Thus, requiring more learning time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research ahead of time. Analytics is a great tool for tracking customer data and use across different websites. However in the past it has become more difficult to create Ad Campaigns, etc.

Tracking website visitors, keyword planning, Google Ads, customer acquisition and retention. Allows me to use information acquired to target ads and increase conversion on Google Ads. Allows me to know whether customers are on Mobile or other Devices, how long they were on a certain page, how my website was found, what websites are linked to mine.

Google Analytics review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Must Have for Website Owners"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. One thing that sometimes bugs me is when viewing visitors in live or real time, it shows them as on the page even long after they have left or even closed their browser. I have tested this by visiting my own website. It shows me as on the page but when I leave the site, Analytics shows that I am still on there for another several minutes. Nothing major, but can be misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to implement this on your site at the very beginning as it takes some time to gather all stats. You will miss out on valuable reporting from Analytics if if wait too long to install on your site. Another reason this is extremely important is that when you first setup your site, you will want to immediately see what type of users are starting to visit your site and more importantly, how they are arriving at your site in the first place.

I am now able to see the number of visitors I am getting daily, weekly, and monthly. I am also able to view how many people are currently visiting my website in almost real-time. This is huge when I am running advertising campaigns and want to verify that people are actually going to my website after clicking on the promo links I am paying for.

Google Analytics review by Osiloke E.
Osiloke E.

"Analytics tools for medium to large scale apps "

What do you like best?

Google analytics was more mature and also allowed us to "outsource" our analytics tasks to a cloud service instead of doing it in house with other self hosted tools. It allowed my team to focus more on events triggered by various analytic data which enabled us make better decisions while building our apps

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with this product. It offered much of the features required for our various projects. The only issue encountered was were to start. Google analytics has so much features that may leave you dazed. It would be great to have templates that cater to the genre of project you would like to track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone starting out a new web/mobile app project and needs to get some introspection into the amount of activity encountered on the project.

We develop web and mobile product for clients as well as the backend solution for them. We manage the overall lifecycle of the products. Google analytics allows to properly see how our apps are doing and figure out when we need to add features or scale out or backend. It answers questions like, do we need to improve a certain web app layout based on the activity shown by our statistic app.

Google Analytics review by Abhinav S.
Abhinav S.

"Simplest yet powerful web analytics"

What do you like best?

Simply put, Google Analytics is the easiest and most comprehensive multi-channel analytics software available. I think the best part about Google Analytics is the price. It is, for the most part, completely free to use. I really like the main dashboard page as it gives a great overview of everything you need in one snapshot.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be helpful if a tutorial was done so that users can see everything the dashboard has to offer. For who is a non-technical entrepreneur or is not tech savvy it could be a painful process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics allows us to keep in touch with our audience and see exactly what content that they engage with. We use it for our SEO purpose for us and for our clients, it has helped us a lot in improving our ROI.

We track all of our campaigns on Google Analytics, and are able to see our ROI on our PPC campaigns.

Google Analytics review by Annie B.
Annie B.

"Cannot imagine marketing without Google Analytics Data"

What do you like best?

I love that at any moment I can track how my marketing efforts are doing.I can see what pages are tracking better than others and where people find my website. I heavily rely on my year over year analytics to make sure my website is performing better than the previous year.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything i have found to dislike about this program. very easy to use with new features added regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any business owner with a website have google analytics, otherwise how do you track your marketing efforts? Easy to use and dependable. I report to the owners on the google analytics weekly.

I have solved market testing with google analytics. When we try new marketing outlets i can easily see if our money is paying off by how much traffic and conversions come via each marketing website.

Google Analytics review by Horst B.
Horst B.