Google Authenticator

Google Authenticator is a multifactor app for mobile devices.

Work for Google Authenticator?

Learning about Google Authenticator?

Google Authenticator Reviews

Showing 56 Google Authenticator reviews
Google Authenticator review by Caroline S.
Caroline S.

"Works for Me, Occasionally a Pain"

What do you like best?

It's easy and adds additional security to the sign-in process - honestly, it's usually an extra click on my own computer!

What do you dislike?

I don't like being on different devices (especially a Fedex or UPS location) that isn't a computer - makes typing really difficult, and can take forever to print something I need to bring into the office or on the road for a client

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are worried about people getting into your email, use this product. I wouldn't recommend it if you need to access your email or G-Suite on short notice often

Internally, we use this for security. We have patented software. Additionally, we need this as one of MANY security verifications to prove to our customers that they can trust us with their data. We work with a lot of enterprise accounts, and they need to be able to trust we won't misuse their data, and that no one else can see it

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator review by Satishkumar G.
Satishkumar G.

"Simple solution. Nothing fancy or advanced"

What do you like best?

Simple application. This application takes the simplicity approach. I tried using other applications and retracted back only because of its simplicity.

Another thing is its startup time. It is blazing fast. You would not remember using this application if you are busy and you opened it up.

What do you dislike?

This could include some advanced features as an optional item. Since it is a free application, they could have a pro application that has advanced features. Its startup times are great. However, due to its limited functionality, it does not get the amount of attention it deserves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking at getting a simple product, then this is for you.

But don't expect anything fancy. It does ONLY what it mentions.

However, due to the simplicity, the speed at which it operates is just awesome.

Also, I am not sure about the security part of it since that is not in my arena. Our corporate IT solution is taking care of this - or atleast I hope they are.

We are solving the onelogin authentication and 2 factor authentication with Google Authenticator.

It is fast and immediate when opened.

This is one application that does not request me for my finger print to open. I am not sure if this is good or bad. But I think it benefits me.

What Multi-Factor Authentication solution do you use?

Google Authenticator review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Complete piece of mind"

What do you like best?

My passwords and logins are all over the place, in notebooks on paper and digital, and some hidden a bit too stealthily to find them again! The logins that are compatible with Google Authenticator are the safest and easiest to access for me. Simple, secure and effective.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all as far as the software is concerned. It might be better if more third party services integrated with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're the kind of person that doesn't go anywhere without your mobile phone, and wants to use public WIFI occasionally, protect your email inboxes. The email is the most important gatekeeper to all your other password resets. Two factor authentification in general is a must-use, and Google Authenticator is the best.

Like most people, I always feel busy and rushed. In the past, I'd forget my paper notebook with passwords in, or be on a device or computer away from my desk and find that I couldn't log in. I always have my mobile phone with me, so my other login details can be saved or recorded with less concern. Another benefit is when I accidentally leave my password book somewhere, or are using public Wifi. Two factor authentication gives me extra security and piece of mind. An expert hacker might clone my SIM, but I haven't heard of any weaknesses in Google Authenticator.

Google Authenticator review by Charlie K.
Charlie K.

"Google Authenticator generates two factor Verification codes on your phone. "

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator is a very stable Google Application for implementing Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Google account or other 2FA enabled services. You will need to allow the app to access your device's camera in order for it to read the QR or bar coded key codes generated by other apps. Authenticator also has a "dark" theme which is important to people that require a higher contrast view on mobile device (so I don't need my glasses as often.) It also can generate verification codes while the device is offline without a data connection which helps when you are working in a customer's building where there is no cell data connection I like the fact it allows you to remember the authentication on your own computer so it does not ask for 2FA every time. There is a small graphic that counts down to show when the code is about to change, that helps but I wish it were slightly larger.

What do you dislike?

the app is great - only dislike is that we have to use 2FA at all. Every now and then it has to be synced up with the clock on the mobile device.

The graphic to show the countdown time remaining is rather small compared to the digits displayed. That could be made a little bigger.

Had some difficulty with my google Photos back up after implementing 2FA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Authenticator is a free and more importantly STABLE application available on android.

2FA capabilities for other apps like VPN on desktop using a mobile device to complete authentication

Google Authenticator review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Quick, efficient 2-step authentication that keeps my account secure"

What do you like best?

What I like about Google Authenticator is that Google is always looking for ways to make using the tool easier for the user, but harder for anyone else trying to access my Google Account. In the past, the app would generate a 6-digit code that you could be copied just by tapping it and pasted into the authenticating field. Now it's as simple as pushing a yes or no button to verify that you're actually signing into something. Google even has backup codes to use in the event that you're authenticator app is not available.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot that I would say I dislike about Google Authenticator. The need for 2-step authentication is very real and more services and products would benefit from having the added security. I think in general, most people would find the added step to be a bit time consuming despite only taking mere seconds to complete. The other fear is being in the situation where you would need to authenticate your access but would be away from your phone/device to get the code and away from your backup codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend setting up Google Authenticator with your Google Account. It helps keep your account and information safe and protected from unauthorized access and that should be enough of a reason to set it up.

Google Authenticator solves the very real problem of account security, especially for a product like Google which for many people is integral to our digital lives and identity. It's very important to protect your account from unauthorized access and with 2-step authentication tools like Google Authenticator, it's very easy to implement that one extra step to keep bad people out and keep you in control of your account.

Google Authenticator review by Shaun E.
Shaun E.

"Extra Security"

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator can be used to provide extra security for a number of different products. For example, I personally use Google Authenticator for Google products and Last Pass. The verification codes update regularly again adding to the security aspect. Google Authenticator is easy to configure as it uses a QR code while providing all verification codes for each product within the same screen adequately labeled. The app is simple and easy to use with the ability to copy verification codes to paste them (providing you require the verification code to log into a mobile app). Finally, Google Authenticator is easy to implement and configure with minimal potentials methods of causing an error.

I only starting using Google Authenticator as it was implemented within the business when I joined, but because of the positives I have listed above I now use this for personal use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the codes are only 6 digits for various products which can be acquired from within the same page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Authenticator can be used for a range of products and should be utilized where possible. The app is easy to use.

Outside of our Head Office, everyone who has a mobile phone has Google Authenticator linked to their Google accounts. As private information is shared within emails, users who may have less complex passwords have that extra piece of mind. Google Authenticator helps the business to keep private information safe with a easy to use application.

Google Authenticator review by Anthony F.
Anthony F.

" It is a software that protects the user with a high standard of security and that is a problem"

What do you like best?

I started using this software on the recommendation of friends and people close to me who advised me to protect my online security with a two-step verification code and for this Google Authenticator was the best decision. For me it was clear the improvement in my online security to ensure that not having the unique code that was generated on my phone was impossible to access.

What do you dislike?

Precisely this was what became a problem for me. For reasons that I know my phone decided to restart factory. What happened? I lost all the information I had associated with my Google Authenticator application. That is, I had to go one by one to each web page or service where I had a two-step verification code, just because the security was so high that there was no way humanly possible to recover accounts linked to the application! I spent quite a few days unhappy with the service and decided not to continue using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I think it is a very good software but if they do not come up with a way to recover the linkages of the accounts with some additional security measure, I honestly do not recommend it.

I was able to temporarily solve the need to increase the security levels in some of the services to which I am subscribed. However, this stopped being important when that increase in security levels became a problem.

Google Authenticator review by User in Higher Education

"Convenient and easy to access"

What do you like best?

My university transitioned to two factor authentication two years ago. I was initially apprehensive since getting a code texted to me is a slow process with several on campus buildings not getting the best cell reception. Google Authenticator works whether I have reception or not, which is great when I'm out and about.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about this product. It does everything I need from it, and I use it as my hub not only for my work and uni emails but for several personal accounts as well. The only thing I can't do with it is link my Microsoft Outlook work email password. That might speak more to the limitations of Microsoft than Google though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not every product that I use has a connection on the Google Authenticator. It would be nicer if I could make Google Authenticator my one stop shop for password management instead of also having to rely on text message notification. Having to get codes texted or emailed to me is a hassle, and I'd rather have Google Authenticator manage all.

Our network is now more secure with 2FA and I have no loss of speed or access getting to my accounts. I'm constantly in and out of buildings where there is little to no cell reception but great WiFi, so having codes on my Google Authenticator app makes it easier for me to connect to my devices since I get them on my app.

Google Authenticator review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="9900f4d8-a434-4e15-a307-a1b8aede330d">Jose Q.</span>
Jose Q.
" itemprop="name" />

"Multiple 2FA tokens in the palm of your hand"

What do you like best?

The Authenticator is as straigthforward as it can be. Install, register a new account for 2FA authentication either manually or scanning a QR code, and you're done. You can store as many as you like in your mobile device and it has a very nice feature of copying the generated token code just by tapping and holding over it.

What do you dislike?

Actually, nothing! There's nothing off with this handy tool! Maybe, just maybe, the capability of changing the format of the countdown timer (currently a decreasing pie chart) for other options, such as a gauge or an actual numeric display, but this would e a nice-to-have feature, not something that impairs the operation of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it with total confidence. It's one of the most easy ways to implement 2FA authentication features in your access levels. It only requires a compatible mobile device, such as an Android-based mobile phone with camera, and the required configuration in the respective account that requires a two-way authentication method. Even if not required, if there's an option for 2FA, we encourage you to take advantage of that extra protection layer and leverage it with Google Authenticator. Also, remember that it's free, so there will be no extra cost of deployment in your premises.

Several of our accounts require, or have the option to, 2FA authentication for an extra layer of security at login. We just consolidated them using Authenticator in our employee's assigned mobile devices.

Google Authenticator review by Miles C.
Miles C.

"so easy to use, there are no excuses not to secure your accounts"

What do you like best?

ease of use and top of the line security. seamless use on any device and compatible with so many different types of accounts. it has a simple UI, can be added to new devices and accounts in a fairly short period of time. You can definitely benefit from using Google Authenticator.

What do you dislike?

it's really hard to dislike anything. if I had to say anything, I'd say just compatibility with even more apps and accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have the most secure accounts, this is your best option. once you set it up, it's too easy not to use on a daily basis.

security across the gmail accounts and other software that we use. All secure thanks to Google Authenticator

Google Authenticator review by Angelo R.
Angelo R.

" Excellent application to keep my important accounts secure."

What do you like best?

I love the amount of applications that I can protect with my Google Authenticator, it is super useful so that nobody but me has access to my accounts and applications.

What do you dislike?

It has nothing that disgusts me, it is super useful and practical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, it is super necessary, almost all platforms with web pages use Google Authenticator to protect their users and their information.

A common problem is the fear that there are many ways for someone to choose your clavez, with this application no one will be able to access my accounts, the clavez changes every minute making other people's access impossible.

Google Authenticator review by Kingston D.
Kingston D.

"Simple, straightforward authenticator"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the authenticator and the ability to add an umpteen number of accounts to it is perhaps the reason why most of us choose the Google Authenticator over the many others available for download. The UI is clean and the learning curve is non-existent.

What do you dislike?

Being a Google product there could've been a lot more features that can be added. At least for Google product login, the authenticator could possibly have a few integrations. But guess that would take away from the USP of the app which is simplicity. There could be a lot more support added for other platforms. A Windows app is one such example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! I don't see an alternate that is going to be as less fussy as the Google Authenticator but with the same level of security that comes associated with a google product. There need not be much thinking behind it and as we all know Google is only going to continue and improve their products. It makes sense to emphasis the need for a two factor authentication for all your employees and get them to set it up with the Google Authenticator right during their onboarding.

Not many business problems per se but the ability to make two factor authentication offline and available at all times irrespective of the mobile coverage (in contrast to over the air OTP) is something that could benefit in places that offer only wired internet coverage.

Google Authenticator review by Samir A.
Samir A.

"Excelente aplicación para mantener seguras mis cuentas importantes"

What do you like best?

Me encanta la cantidad de aplicaciones que puedo proteger con mi Google Authenticator, es súper útil para que nadie más que yo tenga acceso a mis cuentas y aplicaciones, y que pueda acceder fácilmente a los códigos de Autenticación de 2 Factores.

What do you dislike?

la imposibilidad de recuperar la clave de alguna manera, si el sitio web requiere 2FA, entonces no puede acceder a su cuenta en caso de que pierda su teléfono móvil, también me gustaría recibir una notificación cuando un sitio web solicite autenticación y vea el código en mi pantalla sin ir a la aplicación y buscar la clave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Una buena aplicación para incrementar la seguridad de tus cuentas.

Actualmente protego con Google autenthicator mis algunos de mis emails , cuentas y carteras de criptomonedas

Google Authenticator review by Shamaas H.
Shamaas H.

"A Must Have, Simple and Straightforward 2FA"

What do you like best?

Its a great way to protect your account. I know that my Gmail business account is secured and no one can access private company data. Very clear design, and can be used for multiple different platforms.

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat tedious to always enter in the code, but that is is a sacrifice made for security. Maybe implement touch id, which is unique and much quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easier to validate. Use Google Authenticator as a private key that is unlocked via touch id.

Account security. It can prevent account breaches and any fraud attempts.

Google Authenticator review by Khaled A.
Khaled A.

"Great Security for free"

What do you like best?

The no need to use SMS verification anymore , high security and smart idea

What do you dislike?

the inability to recover the key in any way, if the website requires 2FA then you can't access your account in case your mobile lose, also I would like to be notified when a website requests for authentication and see the code on my screen without going to the app and search for the key!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful tool to to secure you accounts

I could secure my cryptocurrencies from being stolen from the different wallets!

Google Authenticator review by User

"Simple application. This application takes the simplicity approach."

What do you like best?

The straightforwardness of the pundit additionally the capacity to include relate degree numerous extend of accounts thereto is likely the clarification why most individuals select the Google pundit over the different others reachable for exchange. The UI is clean additionally the learning bend is non-existent.

What do you dislike?

Being a Google item there could've been significantly more highlights that can be included. In any event for Google item login, the authenticator could have a couple of reconciliations. Yet, figure that would detract from the USP of the application which is effortlessness. There could be significantly more help included for different stages. A Windows application is one such case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Authenticator could be a exceptionally steady Google Application for executing Two Figure Verification (2FA) for your Google account or other 2FA empowered administrations. You may have to be permit the app to get to your device's camera in arrange for it to examined the QR or bar coded key codes created by other apps. Authenticator too incorporates a "dim" subject which is critical to individuals that require the next differentiate see on portable gadget (so I don't require my glasses as regularly.) It also can produce confirmation codes whereas the gadget is offline without a information association which makes a difference after you are working in a customer's building where there's no cell information association I just like the reality it permits you to keep in mind the confirmation on your possess computer so it does not inquire for 2FA each time. There's a little realistic that tallies down to appear when the code is almost to alter, that makes a difference but I wish it were marginally bigger.

It permits for a consistent two step security verification without having representatives re-enter their emails to click a connect. Instep, they basically have a committed app with an ultra secure, turning set of 6 digits keys.

Google Authenticator review by Alexander A.
Alexander A.

"Works the way the you expect it to!"

What do you like best?

Google authenticator is required for systems that implement 2FA. This app will scan QR codes and create 6 digit second passwords that change every few seconds. Authenticator always works great and I like their easy to use interface

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike with this application. It works the way it should and doesnt have any bugs or issues

I needed to log in to my systems via 2 factor authentication

Google provided me a solution to this problem

Google Authenticator review by Javier O.
Javier O.

"A great level of security"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very intuitive. In addition, the new automatic authentication system in the mobile phone is very efficient.

What do you dislike?

Marking by default the option to make this device reliable is a security error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used in any two-step authentication product. I would improve it by adding some physical token.

I have gained a new level of security in my google accounts and in other applications.

"Great security tool"

What do you like best?

This is a great extra layer of security for organizations. It is very simple to use - just enter the code and continue to your company email and documents.

What do you dislike?

I have never had the misfortune of not having my phone with me when I need to authenticate accounts but I have witnessed this happen to others. it is such a hassle if you, for example, leave your phone at home or lose it. The hassle would depend on the responsiveness of your IT team though.

The authenticator adds another layer of security to make sure that company data and files don't end up in the wrong hands.

Google Authenticator review by Timothy M.
Timothy M.

"Simple free 2fa authentication "

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator does what it needs to do and nothing else. It is lightweight, quick to open and quick to add more accounts to.

What do you dislike?

It does not sync accross devices and there is no backup. If you lose the only device you have set up for 2fa you lose access to those accounts.

Google Authenticator keeps my sensitive information secure by adding an extra barrier to accessing my accounts.

Google Authenticator review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Easy Application to ensure security "

What do you like best?

This is an app to allow you another form of 2 step authentication for logins.

Whenever you use certain apps that integrate with Google Authenticator, you will be prompted to click the app on your cellular device after logging in on the pc.

What do you dislike?

The authenticator gives you about 10 seconds or less to input the randomly changing keys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for anyone who wants to have a dedicated application to generate random keys to authenticate user logins.

It allows for a seamless two step security authentication without having employees re-enter their emails to click a link. Instead, they simply have a dedicated app with an ultra secure, rotating set of 6 digits keys.

Google Authenticator review by Krisjanis B.
Krisjanis B.

"Great security layer"

What do you like best?

It secures your accounts from the man in the middle attacks.

What do you dislike?

Lack of Touch ID on iOS is a pretty big downside compared to alternatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other options and decide for yourself. Google app on iOS for example simplifies this further with a Yes/No answer via a push message. Some other great options out there.

Keeps things safe and improves peace of mind. Adds multifactor authentication layer to many apps that support it.

Google Authenticator review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Easy to use for 2 Factor Authenitcation"

What do you like best?

I love that Google Authenicator is available on my phone and that I can easily access codes for 2 Factr Authentication for apps and sites I rely on. Codes for all of my Google Accounts, Facebook, and Last Pass are all in one place.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have this on more than one device at a time.

It makes using 2 factor authentication easy for all.

Google Authenticator review by Administrator

"easy to use, excellent security app and fast loading on your harward"

What do you like best?

first that it is not a heavy program for its storage in the computer or mobile, second that is easy and fast to use, simple in its environment

What do you dislike?

there are times when the time clock jumps for connectivity and the person places the wrong password

Recommendations to others considering the product

do the test with this product because it is easy to use and very well done to give security to your pages of private interest

solves the problem to enter the pages that most require administrative security, and gives us the confidence that another person outside the department can not enter and see the confidential information thus gives us the benefit of being at all times safe that no one pordra enter these administrative pages that require maximum security

Google Authenticator review by Administrator

"Good thinks about Google Authenticator"

What do you like best?

This is a fast, easy and monstly free way to acomplish 2-factor authenticaton in applications that allow it. Great for an entry level 2-F authentication, maybe to be replaced for something else in the future in case to need more security / reliability.

What do you dislike?

I would rather hace a cleaner, easier UI specially when you have several token generators created inside the mobile app. I would appreciate to be more friendly in case to have to reenroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a great choice for a free software token, not bad to begin with, many apps have integrations with it and it can be set up literally in minutes.

Security, being able to have a free 2-factor authentication module is wonderful. Many products are adopting it.

Google Authenticator review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"2fa with Multiple Accounts"

What do you like best?

I like that the number is constantly random making it difficult for someone to log into my accounts without my device. It also helps to have this on multiple devices. Just make sure you know where your secondary device is at all times.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that more services don't use this option for login security. It would be nice if you could group accounts into folders as the accounts grow in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you set this up, it might not be a terrible idea to have this setup on a secondary device as well. Phones happen to break every once and a while. If you make Google Auth the only way into your account you will be locked out.

Solves someone else using my account to log in as me.

Google Authenticator review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Awesome Authenticator Tool"

What do you like best?

So simple to get set up and use. Appreciate the added security level and the printable codes in case you can't get to your phone or get into the app.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit startling at first when your computer tells you that you can't log in without authenticating... but worth it when you realize no one else can, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! Ensure you've got the backup printed codes available, or you may get locked out of your own accounts.

Creates added security for all google-based accounts.

Google Authenticator review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Very easy to use and makes me feel much more secure!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the simplicity of the authenticator app. It does what it is intended for without too much "fluff" in between.

What do you dislike?

My only concern is if I ever lose my phone and am unable to use the app. I can answer security questions on the programs that I use, but that still isn't as secure as I'm comfortable with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it! The installation and connection to other software is very easy to do, and it provides the peace of mind that virtual business owners, like myself, are looking for.

It provides me with peace of mind that my (and my clients') financial information is secure. I use it to log into QBO and Xero, as well as my Lastpass password management software.

Google Authenticator review by Rudolph B.
Rudolph B.

"The best way to use secure logins to most sites"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I dont have to worry about anybody stealing my password and loging into my accounts

What do you dislike?

It happened to me before where my phone got formatted and I lost access to google authenticator, it was a bit of a problem loging into my accounts without the authenticator code.

It is one of the best ways to ensure that information is secured and safe. It just gives it that double layer of protection.

Google Authenticator review by George B.
George B.

"Google Authenticator Review"

What do you like best?

It's a simple, free app to store authentication keys from multiple vendors (can accept keys from any vendors, not just Google). The font changes colour when you are close to key expiration which is a very useful feature.

What do you dislike?

The interface is sometimes hard to read and can lead to using incorrect keys (either the one above or below).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Microsoft authenticator app can also do the same thing.

Storage of authentication keys for two factor authentication.

Google Authenticator review by Orlando O.
Orlando O.

"Secure access to your sensitive info"

What do you like best?

How easy to use is and how spread is in industry

What do you dislike?

You have to be extremely careful in saving your access credentials or you may lose access

Apply a double phase validation access to important information

Google Authenticator review by Marek .
Marek .

"Next level of security"

What do you like best?

- Many partners that uses 2FA

- improved security

What do you dislike?

- hard to move to other device (no way to export all current sites)

aditional security to all busienss and private apps

Google Authenticator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great solution for extra security and peace of mind "

What do you like best?

I like that Google authenticator is lightweight and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

You'll be locked out of your accounts if you lose your phone or lose access to the authenticator app. I wish there's a way to back up my data so I can easily restore them if the need arises

It's being used to provide additional level of security across our organization

Google Authenticator review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Very useful tool for additional security"

What do you like best?

Easy to install and integrate in any site that requires additional security, or can benefit from it.

What do you dislike?

It's a little complicated if you have several google accounts - you have to log in with the proper one and read from that same one. Any mistake can lock you out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and very clean use app

Mainly providing clients with additional security and safety accessing sites that contain confidential personal info.

Google Authenticator review by Thiago P.
Thiago P.

"Google Authenticator is the best 2FA"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive, reliable. GAuth is hands down the best 2FA around.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to keep our info backed up and secured. If I lose my phone I'll be locked out of my accounts.

Google Authenticator provides an easy to use way of logging in to web services, without the need of email or physical tokens.

Google Authenticator review by Taylor M.
Taylor M.

"Easy to use work with multiple accounts"

What do you like best?

Easy access to my work and finance Authenticator codes

What do you dislike?

Time limit is a little too short but I understand the security factor

two step security authentication

Google Authenticator review by User in Internet

"The best way to protect yourself and your information"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to set-up, lists several tokens at once.

What do you dislike?

No automatic notification on my phone when I log in. When I log into a site using Authy's 2FA, a notificaiton pops up on my phone and tapping it provides my token right away.

Secures account data. I am now less worried about people accessing my account via intercepting my text messages.

Google Authenticator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simple, reliable security solution"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use and to set up with new employees or devices. It is very simple, doesn’t take up a lot of room on your phone, and always works!

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging to set up authenticator access remotely (if you’re not on the local network).

We use to allow employees to access a VDI remotely.

Google Authenticator review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"I forget that its there"

What do you like best?

unobtrusive in the background. It's there when i need it and out of mind when i don't

What do you dislike?

not familiar with its features. Wish it was a password safe as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it if you need an authenticator.

I got the authenticator to ad security to my accounts and enable 2 stem authentication.

Google Authenticator review by User in Higher Education

"A good example of two-factor authentication technique"

What do you like best?

Since everybody has a smartphone in their pockets nowadays, it is easy to use it as a provider of the second authentication factor (something you have).

What do you dislike?

The code of a former version of the app is open source on github (https://github.com/google/google-authenticator-android). It would be nice it that project were kept updated with the new versions.

two-factor authentication, made easy.

Google Authenticator review by User in Computer Software

"Seamless authentication, and that's what matters"

What do you like best?

When you log in, you do not have to revert back to your phone to re-write any kind of codes - instead, you just use GA and you're in - seamlessness is key here.

What do you dislike?

If you are jumping across multiple browsers (if you are tester, for instance) - you may have to relog here and there - making this less preferable to phone codes.

it brings up the security level of your team real quick with not so much effort.

"Good to a limit"

What do you like best?

The 2 step protection process, very good program for bitcoin wallets and such.

What do you dislike?

The hassle and the no can help concept if you lose your phone number, I CANT ACCESS MY BITCOINS AHHHHHH!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it one of the top five i would say.

Keeping programs that are extremely relevant and important to me through the google aunthenticator which is the only one of its kind i know about as well i must add until recent as i have discovered authy.

Google Authenticator review by Dylan C.
Dylan C.

"Simple, effective, secure"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to setup, and reliable.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't do push notifications, unlike some other Android auth apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. The simplicity and quickness of setup is unparalleled.

We used it for 2FA, which is absolutely indispensable. We basically eliminated identity-based security concerns for our infrastructure.

Google Authenticator review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Google Authenticator - An Absolute Must Have For Added Security"

What do you like best?

Google Authenticator is an easy to use, easy to implement security feature, allowing for 2-factor authentication when logging into both regular and sensitive databases. It is a free program available for both iOS and Android and can handle multiple accounts within one login.

What do you dislike?

Google Authenticator is extremely simple and fluid and does not have any discerning features which would make one dislike it.

Google Authenticator solves the issue of 2-factor authentication and provides an additional layer of security throughout an organization.

Google Authenticator review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent service for Authentication "

What do you like best?

Easy to set up. You can simply scan a que code and that’s it.

What do you dislike?

There are services that don’t work wit this system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent system, easy to set up! Easy to use.

I love it.

Two step authentication logins

Google Authenticator review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to use 2 factor authenicator app"

What do you like best?

Easy to add authentication for other services. Just scan a new barcode

What do you dislike?

Needs me to have my phone in hand when using it to authenticate.

Provides an extra level of security when logging on to secure sites and Google services.

Google Authenticator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great app overall, but difficult to transfer to multiple devices"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and use, good user interface

What do you dislike?

Difficult to transfer to multiple devices and new phones. You have to set it up all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also look into Authy

More security and less prone to hacking

Google Authenticator review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Authenticator for apps"

What do you like best?

Using this instead of constantly typing in passwords is super convenient and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Nothing , id like there to be a overlay and notifications from device to device instead of an app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should definitely be used in game apps, launchers and Buisness solving software instead of passwords because of its ease, needs to be extremely more popular than what it is now

None.

Google Authenticator review by User in Computer Software

"Authenticator required for VPN"

What do you like best?

This always works by providing 6 digit codes for secure log in

What do you dislike?

This program is required for secure VPN access and had to be downloaded onto my mobile device

Securely logging in to VPN

Google Authenticator review by Steven P.
Steven P.

"A Good Way to Protect Your Account"

What do you like best?

Two-Factor Authentication is an easy and effective way to protect your account

What do you dislike?

I wish that it sent push notifications to my Apple Watch.

Account security.

Google Authenticator review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"An amazing product"

What do you like best?

I love how it's a two step process on verifying who you are. Ensuring you are who you say you are

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a whole for it to actually go through both steps, but its worth it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product to others

It helps verifying the person is who they say who they are

Google Authenticator review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best free Authenticator "

What do you like best?

This app is clean, simple and easy to use. I have never had a bad experience using this item and makes verification easier

What do you dislike?

For new users it can be a bit confusing as to how it is used, however apart from that there’s nothing.

It is being used frequently for Two step verification on platforms.

"Easy and Secure"

What do you like best?

It's secure, yet so simple to login and all, especially with a phone.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure what happens if my phone broke down, or if I've got no internet connection.

Security. It really just helps in security. Two-step verification.

"Love Google Authenticator"

What do you like best?

Knowing my Gmail / G-Suite is safe, as others don't have my phone.

What do you dislike?

I would like touch-id functionality - though might be too much to ask.

Making our accounts more secure.

"Very useful authenticator"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, makes 2fa not as reliant on SMS.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't backup your accounts, i.e if you lose your phone you're f'd

2FA across org

Google Authenticator review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to authenticate, clear numbers and clean design

What do you dislike?

There is no countdown timer telling you the time out

2 step authentication

Learning about Google Authenticator?

* We monitor all Google Authenticator reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.