Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Google Calendar

(147 reviews)

Calendar. Stay in sync with your team. Shared calendars make it easy to see when people are free. Creating a new event is easy.

Work for Google Calendar?

Learning about Google?

Google Calendar Reviews

Ask Google a Question
Showing 148 Google reviews
Google review by Neisha G.
Neisha G.

"Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

There are so many features on Google Calendar that I like. The ease of adding new events/appointments, being able to color code different events/appointments (birthdays are orange, work stuff is blue, payday green, etc). I also like how easy it is to add events/appointments from my computer and find them on my phone. I also really like how easily it links to the Amazon Echo products, so my Echo Dot can tell me my appointments in the morning, when I'm not quite in the mood to read yet.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it was a little easier to customize repeat events/appointments. That is probably the only thing I would change, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Google Calendars to friends, family, and colleagues who are looking for an easy app to help them keep track of their lives.

When it comes to my business (I am a Thirty One consultant), I haven't really used Google Calendar too much. I do use it a lot for my job (medical assistant). I use it to keep track of the days/hours I work, my paydays, trainings, etc. I love that I'm able to color coordinate similar events/appointments, so I can tell from a quick glance where I'm supposed to be or what is supposed to be happening.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Calendar
Google review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"Very Good For Busy People on the Go!"

What do you like best?

I love that google calendar can be synced across your devices- it really helps me to stay streamlined and prevents appointments, tasks, and important dates from slipping through the cracks. I like that the interface is user friendly and can be customized to reflect the different areas of my life (personal, work, clubs, lesson plans).

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, except a small part of me misses the physical and handwritten calendar, BUT google calendar cannot be lost or misplaced, which as an educator, I really appreciate! If I could change one thing, I would make it easier to print with everything showing, but it is a small nitpicky suggestion! I really enjoy google calendar!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your life SO MUCH easier! Google allows you to keep your life organized and streamlined!

Streamlining teacher meetings, trainings, lesson plans, important dates, deadlines, doctor appointments, personal holidays, and everything else in between all in one place!

What Calendar solution do you use?

Google review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"Organize Your Day"

What do you like best?

I love how my whole team uses it, and we're able to sync up our work days. We create calendars for different conference rooms to manage easy booking. We can invite anybody that has a Google email to any meeting. We can edit the meeting to make notes about what worked and what didn't in that meeting. We even use the "all day" function on the calendar to keep track of art deadlines. The best calendar system for meetings there is!

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a more detailed section for typing up your notes and to-dos. However, I enjoy having a separate app for my to-dos, so this is personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's a great free resource that's easy to use company-wide. User-friendly, as well.

We're able to figure out who's coming to which meeting and who's booking what room (and if it's already booked). Benefits: allows everybody to be on the same page with the click of a button.

Google review by Sharona G.
Sharona G.

"An Indispensable Tool for Scheduling"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is easy to use and easy to access from multiple devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.). It's also very simple to share your schedule with others or have others share with you, which is very beneficial in planning things with others. I also use Google Calendar for my personal life and enjoy being able to share events with my partner so we can be on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Google Calendar's interface could use some work, as some of the icons are unclear and not always intuitive, or it may be difficult to find certain settings in the menu. I don't like the integration between Gmail and Google Calendar in the sense that certain events will be automatically added from emails that I did not want to add. It could also use more batch edit and batch delete options, as I've had to resort to a third party method of doing this once when I changed a lot of things by accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not a big fan of the Google Calendar mobile app and use Business Calendar instead but it works nicely in there.

Setting up meetings (especially those involving multiple people), being able to find a time for meetings when all participants are free. I also connect it with You Can Book Me to allow people to set up appointments with me. I rely completely on my Google Calendar for my schedule.

Google review by Luke W.
Luke W.

"Google Cal"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is extremely easy to use on both laptops and smartphones. My favorite parts about Google Cal are that you can see multiple people's schedules on one page at once, which makes it easy when you work in a team/cohort. I also love that you can duplicate meetings/events so that you don't have to start all over. I also find it extremely helpful that Google Cal uses many different colors to help organize events/people/etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with Google Calendar at all. It is extremely easy to use and helps me immensely in my work.

It is easy to have multiple people's schedules for one day, week, month, or year on one page, which makes planning with teams extremely easy. I also can set notifications for other people so that they can remember to attend a meeting or schedule an event that I set for them. I also like that Google Cal is synced to other programs like Basecamp, so I can merge all my assignments into one space.

Google review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Makes my life so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I can sync the data between my work and home calendars, my laptop and phone. My entire life is kept track of in one place.

What do you dislike?

So far the things I dislike have more to do with people not understanding how to use the program appropriately. One of our supervisors has it set to send us ALL an email every time she makes a change on the calendar. 99% of the time, those changes have nothing to do with me. I'm not sure what the resolution would be for that. Maybe a pop-up reminding the person that everyone will see these changes or be notified of these changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend this product more. It's is easy to use, was easy to learn and has made my life better.

I'm more organized. I'm a float nurse for our school district. I am able to keep track of where I've been and where I will be going without any more confusion. My supervisor is able to notify me if there is a change to my schedule.

Google review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"User friendly, fully integrated, high compatibility, great calendar app"

What do you like best?

Seamless, super fast, easy to use, very intuitive interface and functionality, fully integrated into Google's ecosystem but also friendly with third party options. Easy to incorporate and Sync icloud's calendar and other options so you can consolidate all of your calendars in one place.

Easy to export as well for integration into third party calendars.

Available as a standalone app in cell phones and tablets, or just by instantly logging into a webpage, reminders and alerts available even for the webpage version.

What do you dislike?

Lacks a standalone windows app.

Could use better desktop integration, interface customization lacking but maybe that's just being picky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're required to use icloud, Google calendar is the best fully featured easy calendar options.

Google Calendar integrates seamlessly into all google platforms and OSs, has allowed me to handle appointments and reminders and even import and export from and to icloud calendar for full compatibility.

Google review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Google Calendar has saved my life many a time"

What do you like best?

Google calendar constantly improves and it's always saving my butt. From setting appointments to meetings it reminds me and keeps me up to date on my life. Being able to easily invite and add others to schedule meetings and more is fantastic and also to open up areas for meetings or bookings is a great feature that I just started recently using.

What do you dislike?

Ever since the new Google calendar they truly fixed all my previous gripes and so right now, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't yet, you should!

Getting to meetings on time, remembering meetings, calls, being able to keep clients up to par with meetings and calls. Using it to book appointments and have others be able to schedule time with us is very important. The syncing across all devices is fantastic as well!

Google review by Kolson S.
Kolson S.

"Nice For Organization and Automation"

What do you like best?

I love how I can tell my Google Assistant on my Google Home Mini or on the iOS app to create an event or a reminder and it's just there. It helps organize everything and when you open the iOS app it only shows days you have appointments. No wasting time scrolling through weeks of open calendars, it just shows you the next appointment you have and I just love it.

What do you dislike?

That it only shows days you have appointments or reminders. It can get confusing just at a quick glance but asking your google assistant about whats on your schedule

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the system and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's always something new to learn and there's no shame in not knowing how to do something or do something more efficiently.

Time management training is a huge plus for this. It keeps me reminded of what's going on in my life and what I can remember and how to remember things more efficiently rather than relying on my phone to keep everything organized. It trains you to remember your appointments but also keeps you well informed and in the loop.

Google review by Maggie S.
Maggie S.

"Easy To Use Calendar "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to share my calendar with other users. Whether it be family, friends, or coworkers, I can create a calendar with the information they need and we can collaborate to keep up with our schedules. I also like that I can receive and accept an invitation to an "event" on someone else's calendar, and it will automatically add to my own calendar. It is great for use in planning family functions or meetings and conference calls with coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a full calendar is shared with me, it needs to be opened in a separate window and is not automatically an option to be included in my main calendar. I think it would be more user-friendly if it was listed in the main calendar's sidebar, with the other calendars you have created. Then we could choose to toggle the events on and off of our main calendar, rather than opening in a separate window. Overall, however, I think Calendar is a great tool and will continue to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Google Calendar. It offers great features such as creating events, sending invites, categorizing and color-coding events, and sharing events and the calendar with others.

Google Calendar allows me to view what events or meetings my coworkers and family member have on any recorded day, so that I may schedule accordingly. Also, by having the ability to share events, I know who can attend, or if we must reschedule.

Google review by Ava P.
Ava P.

"Convenient Program"

What do you like best?

There are so many features that I like about Google Calendar but my favorite feature is that it is compatible with all of my other Google programs. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me via my Gmail, I have it set-up so it is automatically synced to my Google Calendar. Also, if I add an event to my Google Calendar, I'm automatically able to access the address in my Google Maps navigation application - making it so easy to navigate and convenient because I'm not typing in the same appointment over several applications.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Google Calendar is that events or invites that are from another platform besides Google aren't always compatible - sometimes they don't open in my Google Calendar at all and sometimes when they do open, the information doesn't sync correctly and I have to always go in manually to ensure that the events synced properly. However, events sent within the Google platform are always synced perfectly to my Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Calendar for several reasons - mainly because it is a free service that is very easy to navigate and user friendly. I also like it because no download is required but an application is available - whatever is most convenient for you. I also recommend it because when something is added to the Google Calendar, an alarm reminder is automatically sent to go off. This is great and is not something that all other calendar programs offer - some other programs make it so you manually have to go in and add an reminder alert - making it easy to forget and overlook. Highly recommend.

Google Calendar has proven to be super convenient for work for several reasons. Mostly, I love using Google Calendar because it is compatible no matter what platform - Windows, IOS, Andriod - I am using. Since I travel a lot for work, I am always using different operating systems. Other calendars that are made especially for certain operating systems don't work across them all, which is a huge reason I rely mainly on Google Calendar. I also rely on Google Calendar a lot because no download is required. For those times when I am not on my compute or device, as long as I have internet access, I am able to easily get to my Google Calendar to ensure nothing is overlooked.

Google review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Perfect for a Google family"

What do you like best?

We've never had any problems sharing calendars in-office or syncing to other apps, which is NOT always the case with Outlook. Nothing against Office, but in real life actual users know it doesn't always behave the way you want it to. Google is really robust for something that's 100% free.

What do you dislike?

We're a Google family so there would have to be a really fundamental, critical flaw underpinning Google Calendars for us to use something else. There isn't one; the only real quibble I have at the moment is something on Glip's end, not Google's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The settings for adding calendars or subscribing to someone else's via URL are pretty granular and you can really drill down as far into the nitty-gritty as you want. But for the average user, there shouldn't be any issue just firing it up right after you sign in.

We use RingCentral in-house and RC Meetings for video conferencing. When our peers try to schedule a call with us using whatever UCaaS they prefer, half the time the attached file in the e-mail with the invite doesn't work and it's just a big hassle. There's no fuss with Google, it syncs great with what we use.

"love google calendar"

What do you like best?

i am a sales development representative at datadog. being in sales, i have to use google calendar every whether it's for create meetings with prospects or it's internal meetings. it's absolutely increidble how easy it is to use, and see all your meetings in one place for the whole week, month, etc. the settting and colors are awesome i love pretty much everything about google calendar.

What do you dislike?

so i am using google calendar at datadog.....i am a sales development representative at datadog. being in sales, i have to use google calendar every whether it's for create meetings with prospects or it's internal meetings. the one thing that could be improved is having a better integration with other people's calendars that don't have google and to make sure it appears so that my prospects show up to the meetings i create

Recommendations to others considering the product

love it

love it and im using it to create meetings for prospects to sell datadog

Google review by Natasha R.
Natasha R.

"Great tools for creating, sharing and collaborating events and calendars. "

What do you like best?

I really love how I can color coordinates and repeat events easily. One of my most favorite features is that I can automatically email out events for invites. I also love how I can easily set reminders months days weeks even hours and minutes in advance to either go to notification to my phone or as an email.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I just like. Actually I would like to send notifications to my husband not just myself so that would be nice if that was a possibility.

Being able to link multiple calendars and have everybody on the same page as far as timelines and events.

Google review by Denise T.
Denise T.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love how comprehensive Google Calendar is. You can create multiple calendars, and can select any combination of calendars to view. There are numerous color options, you can share calendars with other people, and easily drag events to a different day or time once the event is created.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome to create an event on my iphone app. I much prefer creating events on my computer because it's much faster & easier to edit the event. It's also impossible on the iphone app to switch which calendar an event is on once the event is created. You can do this on the computer and I wish that the iphone app offered the same ease of editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using google calendar saves me time, energy and paper! I'd recommend it highly! Definitely make sure to use the weekly / monthly views. I love both for different reasons!

I don't work in an office and move locations multiple times per day for my work. I love that I don't have to carry around a paper day timer, making it easeir & lighter for me to travel from meeting to meeting. I also love that my calendar automatically syncs from my computer to my phone.

"Pretty easy to use"

What do you like best?

What I like best is how easy Google Calendar makes it for me to organize my day and stay on top of all my tasks. One feature that I use a lot is color-coding my events so that I know if it's an internal meeting with people in my company or an external meeting with clients. This helps me to know which meetings to prioritize and start preparing for. Def a lifesaver. Also I'm not sure if this is related with Google Calendar but I also do like how Google recently created Tasks... I can open this whenever I'm on any Google software program and check off my to-do list for the day.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose something that I didn't like about Google Calendar it would just be that I have to get notified about every event that is going on and it just pops right up on my screen. I wish there was a way for me to easily select which events I want to get notified up and which events I don't want to get notifications for. This will lead to a lot less clutter on my screen.

The business problems that I'm currently solving with Google Calendars is being able to stay on top of follow-ups with clients. My work consists of day today dealing with client inquiries and client issues and oftentimes organizing a phone call is the quickest way to get the issue troubleshooted. Our clients are across different time zones and by having Google Calendar were able to see what time works best for both of our calendars and quickly schedule it in.

Not only that but the Google Calendar invites are very professional-looking and this is led to clients being very satisfied and pleased with how streamline and above and beyond we are taking our customer service

Google review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Fully integrated calender experience."

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is really multiple calendars in one, coded by color, that can be turned on and off as you look at your upcoming week, so the best part of it is the ability to view other people's calendars, group calendars, business calendars, and your one personal calendar either individually or all on one page. You can "share" your calendar to others as well, which is great for planning meetings and agendas.

What do you dislike?

At this point I haven't had any problems with it enough to complain.. honestly I think the color schemes and designs are not that great to look at, but I also know how to changed them with personalized backgrounds to make them nicer to look at (though I don't to keep it professional).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using other Google communications products, it is a no-brainer to also use their Calendar.

Google Calendar integrates fully with all it's other services, so for business with business Gmail accounts, Google Classroom (online learning courses), and Google Drive, etc, your entire communication needs are built together and work seamlessly. Especially is nice is the ability to set up meetings via email and link directly to both parties to find a time to meet.

Google review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"I love Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is my very favorite calendar app--and I've tried them all. I like the way you can create multiple calendars, I like the simple entries, I like the ease of sharing appointments, and I like how it works seamlessly across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really don't like about Google Calendar is that it's hard to sync with other calendars, like Outlook. So, for example, if you have to use Outlook for work, you end up needing a third party tool to make them work together. That's frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anybody use Google calendar, with the caveat that it can be tricky to integrate if you MUST use something else as well.

I use Google Calendar for all of my personal calendaring, and I sync all of my work calendaring onto it as well, so I can use the agenda view and see everything together.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"The perfect business calendar"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to share events with my coworkers via email and the ability to accept, modify, or decline them from there. The email reminders are also very useful because then people have no excuse to not show up to meetings unless something extreme occurs.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much. It's a pretty solid calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the natural language input. It makes creating events that much faster and will save you so much time. Definitely share calendar events with your coworkers even if you verbally agree on a meeting time because having it pop up in their email inbox makes them remember it again. They can also shoot you back an email if something comes up and they can't make the meeting anymore.

I'm able to be more organized because Google Calendar clearly displays my schedule for the week.

Google review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Best calendar ever"

What do you like best?

Everything. It can transfer to all my devices so I can keep up with the meetings and appointments. You can color code all the categories you would like and keep those color coded into the calendar. You can even add times, invite people, add attachments etc

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really like everything about the google calendar

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can not live without it anymore. I can remember all my meetings and appointments now and it is all transferable for all my devices. I do it in the work computer and able to see it on my phone, home, anywhere i go

I'm a CPS teacher so it help me to keep up with meetings and to get invited from other teachers/staff. Also i can keep up with all the appointments at the same place (personal and professional)

Google review by Whitney A.
Whitney A.

"A very modern and intuitive calendar app"

What do you like best?

I like the Google Calendar layout, which is pleasant to look at and easy to navigate. It alerts me when a meeting or event time is coming up, which is great when I'm having a busy day and really focused in on projects or calls. I like that I'm able to invite people into meetings so that we're both on the same page.

What do you dislike?

I don't like being alerted for a meeting and then having a pop-up message cover up my computer screen. It gets in the way of what I was looking at and working on. It can be frustrating when working on something that's very important and needs my full attention.

Google Calendar helps to keep me organized and allows me to get through my day more smoothly and with less worry. It helps me to plan my day around scheduled meetings and events.

Google review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"User Friendly Calendar"

What do you like best?

My favorite characteristic of the Google Calendar is the integration of other users' calendars and the real-time updating as new events are added. My husband and I as well as my colleagues share different Google Calendars with each other so we are always aware of the other's schedule.

The mobile app that allows you to see an entire month at a time makes scheduling a breeze. Color coding events lets me know who is involved or for what occasion the event is (work, school, home, etc).

The newest update to Google Calendars gives the calendar a fun, colorful vibe that is easy to navigate and add events and reminders to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot remove birthdays from my Google Calendar. Google has automatically gathered birthday info from my contacts and synced it to my calendar, but I haven't found a way to turn it off.

The Google Calendar helps streamline scheduling and make everyone's availability clear at any time, whether from your desktop or your mobile device.

Google review by Victoria R.
Victoria R.

"Google Calendar Review "

What do you like best?

I like the reminder setting as I tend to forget things and this way it just pops up on my screen and it's very simple to do.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't automatically delete your reminders for you, once they've passed. It continues to add up and before I know it, I've got 3-4 reminders on ONE day because past reminders are still visible.

I am able to stay on track and not worry I will lose my note pad or pen. It's all right there on my phone.

Google review by Elizabeth Brunworth K.
Elizabeth Brunworth K.

"Pretty Good!"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and it sincs easy with our school calander both personal and private.

What do you dislike?

Just the whole idea of getting a new product and having to learn all the little hidden tricks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use all other google apps, then this is a natural and easy change.

We have been able to sinc our school year calendar easily with Google calendar and send it to our families. We have realized the ease and importance of doing this.

Google review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Google Calendar is almost perfect"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is one of the best calendar apps I've used. It's easy, intuitive, scales across both mobile and the desktop apps, and integrates almost seamlessly with Gmail. Scheduling multi-person meetings, integrating additional plugins like GoTo Meeting, and doing more mundane tasks are a breeze.

What do you dislike?

For all its technical ability, it's still a pretty barebones interface. Yes, that is a key draw, but it's a little outdated in terms of its design.

The other gripe I have is that the mobile app isn't that easy to work with for anyone with normal sized thumbs. Certain buttons, spinning options and other things are too easily clicked, which can make the experience a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use any google products, go for it. It fits right in with gmail, drive, and more, and has the Google design language so you'll be familiar with how it works.

It's easy to use, simple, and reliable, much like other Google products for business.

Similar to gmail, a robust calendar app is one of the foundational elements of a successful business in today's environment. Google calendar allows us to connect with our clients, integrate dial-in services regardless of the company or tool, and get business done.

Google review by User

"A little too dependent on it!"

What do you like best?

So easy to use, you can copy events from other calendars over. So many functions on there, like ability for a video conference, ability to customize the color, book meeting rooms for calls / meetings, so many things!!

What do you dislike?

I wish I can hide events.. We have some EOY activites that other people have to do, but it shows up on my calendar and i cant hide it. I like to keep my calendar clean and not show stuff I don't care about. I also cant delete it cus the whole company will be emailed.

Scheduling, seeing other's availability, keeping track, great notifications on meetings, ability to customize meetings to speedy meeting time slots!

Google review by Jordan D.
Jordan D.

"Honestly an impeccable browser app"

What do you like best?

Usability, UX, UI. Everything about google calendar is terrific. I especially love conference room management for business. This has really improved our workflow, and it beats tracking this stuff manually.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing. I have almost never had a negative experience, but I will say that duplicate removal could be improved. I sometimes find an event on my calendar 3 or 4 times, and if Google has some automated software to delete those events, I'd be very happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use automatic Google hangouts generato feature to attach calls to your events.

Scheduling and conference room management have been big wins for us. It's super helpful to be able to book a conference room and add a hangout right in the event. We use these features a lot, and it helps us to keep out conference rooms in order (they're precious commodities around here).

Google review by Brenda W.
Brenda W.

"Google Calendar- Your on the go Calendar!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can integrate all calendars together as well as incorporate other events and schedules and make those available as you wish for others to see. I can put all of my items on my schedule and then make that only available for me to see and also add in an employee calendar for everyone to put their days off so I can see when people are off and when we have training calls etc in case I need to prepare for specific events.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that I need to shut off some of the alarms especially when its not something that is key. Like for example I will add something just as a reminder and it always has an automatic alarm to it. That part is a little annoying however I understand the need for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to completely integrate an entire team into one platform, google calendar is the way to go. It really is a nice way to have your own digital calendar as well as share one with your team. It also is great because it is digital and is in the cloud so you can take it with you everywhere. It works with nearly every type of email service that has the google backing. It is a great program.

We are able to integrate all of our schedules together as needed and if things change on the fly, then we can alert other members of the team, to that. It makes a great way for you to have everyone on the same page. Google Calendar makes it easy to have as many people added to single events and calls as well. It is a truly easy platform to connect everyone in one place.

Google review by Candice M.
Candice M.

"All Your Events and Reminders in One Place"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is my favorite Google app. For personal use I have all the dates of my bills and paychecks set in one calendar, and any personal events i have to attend (and I love that it imports flights and accommodations automatically). For work I import the school district calendar, plan out my due dates, and keep track of any meetings I have to attend. I love having multiple calendars accessible in my view at once. Also having integration with Google Classroom helps out a lot

What do you dislike?

Because I use Google Calendar for my bills I would love to integrate it nicely with a Google Sheet in order to keep track of my expenses and budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up calendar reminders, especially if you're forgetful like me!

Google Calendar has made me much more productive, I was never good at organization, and Google Calendar has helped a lot. Now I need to get paper organization down.

Google review by Callie W.
Callie W.

"Google Calendar - daily user"

What do you like best?

I love how Google Calendar is so easy to integrate with all devices, so you can literally get notifications or check your schedule from anywhere. It helps keep me organized and on schedule in my day-to-day.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike - it's all super straightforward and user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend! It's so easy and integrative.

It helps keep all employees at the company I work for organized and efficient - being able to look at other colleague's calendars before sending a meeting invite makes life so much easier and removes the need for back-and-forth on what days/times work.

Google review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"When Are You Available?"

What do you like best?

My absolute favorite feature as funny as it sounds is that I can color code my entries. This is important as I keep everything on my calendar. I use a bright color for urgent matters, I use one color for personal and another color for standard appointments and so forth. I also love that I can sync a coworkers calendar to it as well. This comes in handy when I am schedule appointments for myself and another person too. Of course then I can also send out an invite to another party and once they accept it it places it on their calendar as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish that when you hover over an even that it would tell you everything it says but instead you have to actually click on the event to reach all of it. And would like more colors as well.

Everything!!! My calendar is my Bible. I have reminders set and it helps keep all of my reports and such from being late. This makes us all happy.

Google review by Abigail T.
Abigail T.

"All the Essentials"

What do you like best?

The layout on Google Calendar is organized and not over-complicated. The quick-click feature of layering custom and shared calendars is a helpful feature for scheduling meetings and appointments. The custom color-coding feature enables simple differentiation of categorized tasks, and/or differentiation between personal calendars.

What do you dislike?

The full calendar date view at the top left corner is unnecessary and cannot be customized for removal. The detailed daily/weekly/monthly calendar view could stand to fit the entire site page, with the left feature bar partially hidden and expandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the multi-calendar feature to visually segregate work and non-work tasks, to easily toggle between the calendar views.

We find the reminder feature to be helpful, reminding workers to allocate their time, to accomplish tasks at exact times and by defined deadlines.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"A good way to keeps your agenda organized"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with Google Spreadsheet. I wrote a little js script that extracts the data from Google Calendar and prepares a table that I need for my plannings. Very useful.

What do you dislike?

The synchronization with my smartphone does not always work as expected. But it might be a problem of misconfiguration on my side, I haven't had the time to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In a school, it could be difficult to convince all the staff to use it. There should be some work to be done to create a customized version of the calendar for each teacher.

Different calendars (work, family, clubs, etc.) managed in a common place. Extraction of data from work's calendar used to plan activities for the future. Management of calendars with colleagues, so that it is possible to organize meetings. Integration with Google Task.

Google review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"Google Calendar is Nice!"

What do you like best?

I like that we can put so many different people's calendars on one master calendar for all to see.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets confusing when more than 8 people are using the same master calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it! It's a great product that I really enjoy using. The other people in my company find it very useful to put our schedules on the shared calendar and we don't have to call each other all the time to find out what we're all doing. Excellent calendar!!!

It helps us to all know what's going on with each other's schedules.

Google review by User

"Google Calendar is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is a lifesaver, I don't know I can would be able to keep track of all my meetings, workshops, personal appointments, even Birthdays without it.

What do you dislike?

Change interface too frequently, it's a bit annoying to have to get use to a new format and re-learn where all the buttons are every few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing and free. Would definitely recommend it to everyone

Keeping track of all meetings and workshops, as well as reserving rooms and equipments. The "fine a time" option is also great for finding the optimal time for large group meetings.

"School Staff Calendar"

What do you like best?

I like that the calendar can be viewed by all stakeholders at work and that responses to invitations automatically add the event to your calendar.

What do you dislike?

My organization uses apple products so I wish that Google calendar played nicely with iCal on my apple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to set your alerts, especially at first when you aren't used to checking a digital calendar.

Google Calendar allows staff members across our school district have visibility on events in other buildings to assist in avoiding conflicts, sharing spaces, and notifying people of important meetings.

Google review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Google Calendar is a great way to sync your calendar with everyone in your company"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to share and invite others to events. It is easy to use and it is easy to share public events with anyone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to determine what events and calendars others can see, however once you discover it, then it is easy to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google calendar is a great way to update and alert members of your organization to events, meetings, and activities within your company, community, and organization. It is free to use individually and reasonable when it comes to organization uses.

It is a great way to update and alert other members of our community to events and changes in events that are going on. It is a fantastic way to have others RSVP and keep track of guests.

Google review by Cindy K.
Cindy K.

"Great Interface!"

What do you like best?

Clean aesthetics, easy to use interface, great colors, well organized, overall 10/10.

What do you dislike?

The one difficulty I have is the inability to edit and save events without a wifi connection. And perhaps more colors for the events?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend it to everyone, especially since it allows you to sync your own schedule with others' – makes it easier to find gaps in schedules.

Not many issues at all - it's been incredibly helpful in uniformly distributing information and keeping tabs of who has RSVP'd to an event and who has not.

Google review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Google Calendar Saves Me Lots Of Time"

What do you like best?

What do I like best about Google Calendar? There are many reasons! I am in love with it. It makes my life so much easier! First of all, it keeps up with everything I do, my boss and several others I have to keep up with. You can put a date or event in one time and if it's something that you need to re-occur, you only do it once and you can set it up with a click for daily, weekly, monthly or year to year. You can duplicate events with one click. You can share the calendars with many, you can give them rights to edit it or read only. It will also send you email reminders plus the people you share with what is going on that calendar day. I have come to rely on it heavily and It's been the best calendar and the easiest to work with. You can even put in vacation and holidays when you will be out of the office or your boss. How cool is that?

What do you dislike?

Hmm, that's a hard one, there is nothing really I dislike about the google calendar, It is sometimes hard to read if you have a lot of items put in. I try to color code but there are not enough colors to really color code it to make it more easily read.

Sharing information has solved many communication problems at our business.

Google review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A Must for everything in your life!"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I really can not think of anything to dislike about Google Calendar! Other than fmaking the coffee, it does everything I need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the integration of the Google Calendar. You can use it on desktop and phone and share calendars easily with one another. This allows you to keep up with everything between personal reminders to appointments and scheduled phone calls. I especially love the calendar reminders. Without them, I would miss almost everything.

We are able to schedule calls, view others calendars, and get the calendar reminders. This tool is a must for our business and we use it on a daily basis.

Google review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Couldn't Live Without"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add events to my calendar and share either the calendar or the specific event. I like that I can add information and reminders to each event or series of events.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to have goals on the online calendar. I also with that I could transfer events to goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the product for you if you want to have all your events in one spot.

Plan meetings for everyone and have them remember when they are. No longer do you have to worry about missed appointments because you can set reminders for yourself.

Google review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It's perfect for what I (and my company!) need it for"

What do you like best?

We as a company use google mail for all meeting scheduling, blocking out "busy" times, and just checking in on what people are doing. I also use my company Google calendar for personal use so it's super easy for me to keep everything in one spot. It's also great that it integrates with my iPhone calendar so I don't have to have a separate app.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could put placeholders in there. I like to put different Twitter chats that go on throughout the day on my calendar, but I don't want others to think I'm not available for a meeting that is more important. It would be great to have that as an option.

It makes it easy to schedule meetings, make sure people are available, and see what other people at work are up to ;)

Google review by User in Computer Software

"It's a calendar"

What do you like best?

I don't think there are any special calendar features that make this stand out compared to other options. for personal use, I recommend it, but for business, I think outlook is a better option.

What do you dislike?

The inability to create more than one calendar on one account and share those calendars. On outlook I used this feature to create content calendars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fine calendar service. for greater business use, I believe there are better options.

Keeping track of meetings and conference rooms

Google review by G2 Crowd User in Apparel & Fashion
G2 Crowd User in Apparel & Fashion

"A calendar that does the job"

What do you like best?

I like how you can integrate different people's calendars onto your own so that you can check what they are up to, in a sense. It also allows for you to input location and description into your calendar event.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the notifications that you get a little bit prior to the event time. I have dual monitors and usually focus on the monitor without the calendar. I'll be working on something and for some reason my keyboard stops working, turns out, the notification does not allow me to continue typing until I close out the reminder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easily integrated calendar system, choose Google Calendar. This is especially true if you travel by plane a lot as it integrates the travel confirmation e-mails onto your calendar so you are sure to not miss your flight.

Communication and making sure important events are conveyed. It allows me to see if someone is available for a meeting at a certain time and whether there are any important events that day, such as high-profile guests coming into the office and therefore I need to send out an e-mail to everyone telling them to dress well for the guests.

Google review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Essential For Everyone!"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is one of our most used platforms for planning purposes. I've used it for years now. I love how user friendly it is, and being able to color coordinate everyones' schedules is visually very helpful. A crucial app for both company and personal purposes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the default mode is the first week of January, or not the view you're used to, especially when switching between accounts. Easily fixable but a tad annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the color options and find a display mode that works best for you.

Crucial for scheduling, planning, and organizing everyone in the company. From video shoots to meetings to vacation time, we consult the calendar daily.

Google review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Solid day to day calendar with added bonuses"

What do you like best?

To start I should say that I'm in a google ecosystem, meaning my email is Google apps, my phone and tablet are android, and my watch is androidwear. The way the calendar is in sync across each device + the browser is awesome. I don't miss meetings and I can make new events just by speaking into my wrist.

As well the integrations into other Google products is amazing. Having a hangout link embedded into the calendar and having all my calendar notifications have one click links to those hangouts is great.

Combining multiple calendars into one is also required, being able to subscribe to public calendars for regional or business events is great.

What do you dislike?

With every calendar app I've used I've had similar problems, sending calendar invites suck. A unified standard is needed because sending events to non-google calendar users runs into incompatibilities. As well receiving invites from apple devices doesn't always work.

I use a unfixed inbox, all my mail goes into one email inbox instead of me needing to check many addresses. This creates a problem in the fact that Google doesn't let you add calendar events from emails that are not your primary, so I need to open in boxes and retrieve invites or re create the events myself to get them into my primary calendar. I need Google to allow me to open any invite that is linked to my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and you have an account already with Gmail. It's great within orgs and if you use many android/Google products the integration is awesome.

Scheduling, reminders, conferencing.

Google review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Good calendar app but some glitches with iCal"

What do you like best?

I have a Samsung phone so the seamless link between Google Calendar and my phone makes it easy to add items to my phone and know they'll be there. I also appreciate that it makes adding games of my favorite teams (Go Sox!) easy. Multiple, color-coded calendars make seeing my schedule at a glance easy and shared calendars make it easy to coordinate with my friends and boyfriend.

What do you dislike?

The integration into my mac iCal isn't always perfect so I don't have complete confidence when I look at my calendar from the iCal app that it has pulled everything from google calendar. It pulls most things but there are occasionally issues when it misses something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended and easy to use.

Google calendar's multiple calendars make it easy to keep separate my personal and work calendars and keep them apart at a glance.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"Great for syncing across devices"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily sync my calendar between my computer, phone and iPad. The invitation option on events is also great for keeping up with any appointments with colleagues and friends, I can make sure they know when and where to be.

The newer feature "goals" is nice. I like that the calendar will find time in my schedule for me to squeeze in these goals.

What do you dislike?

So far I've not found any issues with the product. I do wish it didn't automatically set up a time, because I've been known to forget to change the time from the preset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use for events with other people (so long as they have an email address). Really easy to sync acorss devices, especially if you use Gmail.

I've been organizing meetings with up to 8 people. The invitation feature helps me keep everyone on track.

Google review by User

"Enhancing Productivity and Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like its range of use. Google Calendar let's me organize my own day as well as set up meetings with co-workers. Great for both time management and team collaboration. I also like the different viewing options (Day/Week/Month/4 Days/Agenda).

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Google Calendar.

Time management has greatly improved. Meeting with team members has become easier.

Google review by G2 Crowd User in Online Media
G2 Crowd User in Online Media

"Great calendar for personal or enterprise use"

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration with mobile devices as well as the online computer version of calendar. It's easy to use and still has a ton of features. It plays well with other calendar widgets for android to show a sneak peak of your events for extra reminders of your appointments

What do you dislike?

I wish it would integrate with gmail a little bit more in the sense of being able to write email for the future and time it to send at a certain date and time. I also wish it had a standalone or popout window to use separately from the browser window.

This tool helps the company and employees to keep a neat and tidy schedule. We add our appointments, meetings, tasks and work schedules on this calendar and can share them with others.

Learning about Google Calendar?

* We monitor all Google Calendar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.