Google Calendar

Calendar. Stay in sync with your team. Shared calendars make it easy to see when people are free. Creating a new event is easy.

Work for Google Calendar?

Learning about Google?

Google Calendar Reviews

Ask Google a Question
Showing 113 Google reviews
Google review by Sharona G.
Sharona G.

"An Indispensable Tool for Scheduling"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is easy to use and easy to access from multiple devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.). It's also very simple to share your schedule with others or have others share with you, which is very beneficial in planning things with others. I also use Google Calendar for my personal life and enjoy being able to share events with my partner so we can be on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Google Calendar's interface could use some work, as some of the icons are unclear and not always intuitive, or it may be difficult to find certain settings in the menu. I don't like the integration between Gmail and Google Calendar in the sense that certain events will be automatically added from emails that I did not want to add. It could also use more batch edit and batch delete options, as I've had to resort to a third party method of doing this once when I changed a lot of things by accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not a big fan of the Google Calendar mobile app and use Business Calendar instead but it works nicely in there.

Setting up meetings (especially those involving multiple people), being able to find a time for meetings when all participants are free. I also connect it with You Can Book Me to allow people to set up appointments with me. I rely completely on my Google Calendar for my schedule.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Calendar
Google review by Luke W.
Luke W.

"Google Cal"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is extremely easy to use on both laptops and smartphones. My favorite parts about Google Cal are that you can see multiple people's schedules on one page at once, which makes it easy when you work in a team/cohort. I also love that you can duplicate meetings/events so that you don't have to start all over. I also find it extremely helpful that Google Cal uses many different colors to help organize events/people/etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with Google Calendar at all. It is extremely easy to use and helps me immensely in my work.

It is easy to have multiple people's schedules for one day, week, month, or year on one page, which makes planning with teams extremely easy. I also can set notifications for other people so that they can remember to attend a meeting or schedule an event that I set for them. I also like that Google Cal is synced to other programs like Basecamp, so I can merge all my assignments into one space.

What Calendar solution do you use?

Google review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Makes my life so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I can sync the data between my work and home calendars, my laptop and phone. My entire life is kept track of in one place.

What do you dislike?

So far the things I dislike have more to do with people not understanding how to use the program appropriately. One of our supervisors has it set to send us ALL an email every time she makes a change on the calendar. 99% of the time, those changes have nothing to do with me. I'm not sure what the resolution would be for that. Maybe a pop-up reminding the person that everyone will see these changes or be notified of these changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend this product more. It's is easy to use, was easy to learn and has made my life better.

I'm more organized. I'm a float nurse for our school district. I am able to keep track of where I've been and where I will be going without any more confusion. My supervisor is able to notify me if there is a change to my schedule.

Google review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"User friendly, fully integrated, high compatibility, great calendar app"

What do you like best?

Seamless, super fast, easy to use, very intuitive interface and functionality, fully integrated into Google's ecosystem but also friendly with third party options. Easy to incorporate and Sync icloud's calendar and other options so you can consolidate all of your calendars in one place.

Easy to export as well for integration into third party calendars.

Available as a standalone app in cell phones and tablets, or just by instantly logging into a webpage, reminders and alerts available even for the webpage version.

What do you dislike?

Lacks a standalone windows app.

Could use better desktop integration, interface customization lacking but maybe that's just being picky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're required to use icloud, Google calendar is the best fully featured easy calendar options.

Google Calendar integrates seamlessly into all google platforms and OSs, has allowed me to handle appointments and reminders and even import and export from and to icloud calendar for full compatibility.

Google review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Google Calendar has saved my life many a time"

What do you like best?

Google calendar constantly improves and it's always saving my butt. From setting appointments to meetings it reminds me and keeps me up to date on my life. Being able to easily invite and add others to schedule meetings and more is fantastic and also to open up areas for meetings or bookings is a great feature that I just started recently using.

What do you dislike?

Ever since the new Google calendar they truly fixed all my previous gripes and so right now, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't yet, you should!

Getting to meetings on time, remembering meetings, calls, being able to keep clients up to par with meetings and calls. Using it to book appointments and have others be able to schedule time with us is very important. The syncing across all devices is fantastic as well!

Google review by Kolson S.
Kolson S.

"Nice For Organization and Automation"

What do you like best?

I love how I can tell my Google Assistant on my Google Home Mini or on the iOS app to create an event or a reminder and it's just there. It helps organize everything and when you open the iOS app it only shows days you have appointments. No wasting time scrolling through weeks of open calendars, it just shows you the next appointment you have and I just love it.

What do you dislike?

That it only shows days you have appointments or reminders. It can get confusing just at a quick glance but asking your google assistant about whats on your schedule

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the system and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's always something new to learn and there's no shame in not knowing how to do something or do something more efficiently.

Time management training is a huge plus for this. It keeps me reminded of what's going on in my life and what I can remember and how to remember things more efficiently rather than relying on my phone to keep everything organized. It trains you to remember your appointments but also keeps you well informed and in the loop.

Google review by Maggie S.
Maggie S.

"Easy To Use Calendar "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to share my calendar with other users. Whether it be family, friends, or coworkers, I can create a calendar with the information they need and we can collaborate to keep up with our schedules. I also like that I can receive and accept an invitation to an "event" on someone else's calendar, and it will automatically add to my own calendar. It is great for use in planning family functions or meetings and conference calls with coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a full calendar is shared with me, it needs to be opened in a separate window and is not automatically an option to be included in my main calendar. I think it would be more user-friendly if it was listed in the main calendar's sidebar, with the other calendars you have created. Then we could choose to toggle the events on and off of our main calendar, rather than opening in a separate window. Overall, however, I think Calendar is a great tool and will continue to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Google Calendar. It offers great features such as creating events, sending invites, categorizing and color-coding events, and sharing events and the calendar with others.

Google Calendar allows me to view what events or meetings my coworkers and family member have on any recorded day, so that I may schedule accordingly. Also, by having the ability to share events, I know who can attend, or if we must reschedule.

Google review by Ava P.
Ava P.

"Convenient Program"

What do you like best?

There are so many features that I like about Google Calendar but my favorite feature is that it is compatible with all of my other Google programs. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me via my Gmail, I have it set-up so it is automatically synced to my Google Calendar. Also, if I add an event to my Google Calendar, I'm automatically able to access the address in my Google Maps navigation application - making it so easy to navigate and convenient because I'm not typing in the same appointment over several applications.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Google Calendar is that events or invites that are from another platform besides Google aren't always compatible - sometimes they don't open in my Google Calendar at all and sometimes when they do open, the information doesn't sync correctly and I have to always go in manually to ensure that the events synced properly. However, events sent within the Google platform are always synced perfectly to my Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Calendar for several reasons - mainly because it is a free service that is very easy to navigate and user friendly. I also like it because no download is required but an application is available - whatever is most convenient for you. I also recommend it because when something is added to the Google Calendar, an alarm reminder is automatically sent to go off. This is great and is not something that all other calendar programs offer - some other programs make it so you manually have to go in and add an reminder alert - making it easy to forget and overlook. Highly recommend.

Google Calendar has proven to be super convenient for work for several reasons. Mostly, I love using Google Calendar because it is compatible no matter what platform - Windows, IOS, Andriod - I am using. Since I travel a lot for work, I am always using different operating systems. Other calendars that are made especially for certain operating systems don't work across them all, which is a huge reason I rely mainly on Google Calendar. I also rely on Google Calendar a lot because no download is required. For those times when I am not on my compute or device, as long as I have internet access, I am able to easily get to my Google Calendar to ensure nothing is overlooked.

Google review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Perfect for a Google family"

What do you like best?

We've never had any problems sharing calendars in-office or syncing to other apps, which is NOT always the case with Outlook. Nothing against Office, but in real life actual users know it doesn't always behave the way you want it to. Google is really robust for something that's 100% free.

What do you dislike?

We're a Google family so there would have to be a really fundamental, critical flaw underpinning Google Calendars for us to use something else. There isn't one; the only real quibble I have at the moment is something on Glip's end, not Google's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The settings for adding calendars or subscribing to someone else's via URL are pretty granular and you can really drill down as far into the nitty-gritty as you want. But for the average user, there shouldn't be any issue just firing it up right after you sign in.

We use RingCentral in-house and RC Meetings for video conferencing. When our peers try to schedule a call with us using whatever UCaaS they prefer, half the time the attached file in the e-mail with the invite doesn't work and it's just a big hassle. There's no fuss with Google, it syncs great with what we use.

Google review by Denise T.
Denise T.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love how comprehensive Google Calendar is. You can create multiple calendars, and can select any combination of calendars to view. There are numerous color options, you can share calendars with other people, and easily drag events to a different day or time once the event is created.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome to create an event on my iphone app. I much prefer creating events on my computer because it's much faster & easier to edit the event. It's also impossible on the iphone app to switch which calendar an event is on once the event is created. You can do this on the computer and I wish that the iphone app offered the same ease of editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using google calendar saves me time, energy and paper! I'd recommend it highly! Definitely make sure to use the weekly / monthly views. I love both for different reasons!

I don't work in an office and move locations multiple times per day for my work. I love that I don't have to carry around a paper day timer, making it easeir & lighter for me to travel from meeting to meeting. I also love that my calendar automatically syncs from my computer to my phone.

User in Education Management

"Fully integrated calender experience."

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is really multiple calendars in one, coded by color, that can be turned on and off as you look at your upcoming week, so the best part of it is the ability to view other people's calendars, group calendars, business calendars, and your one personal calendar either individually or all on one page. You can "share" your calendar to others as well, which is great for planning meetings and agendas.

What do you dislike?

At this point I haven't had any problems with it enough to complain.. honestly I think the color schemes and designs are not that great to look at, but I also know how to changed them with personalized backgrounds to make them nicer to look at (though I don't to keep it professional).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using other Google communications products, it is a no-brainer to also use their Calendar.

Google Calendar integrates fully with all it's other services, so for business with business Gmail accounts, Google Classroom (online learning courses), and Google Drive, etc, your entire communication needs are built together and work seamlessly. Especially is nice is the ability to set up meetings via email and link directly to both parties to find a time to meet.

Google review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"I love Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is my very favorite calendar app--and I've tried them all. I like the way you can create multiple calendars, I like the simple entries, I like the ease of sharing appointments, and I like how it works seamlessly across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really don't like about Google Calendar is that it's hard to sync with other calendars, like Outlook. So, for example, if you have to use Outlook for work, you end up needing a third party tool to make them work together. That's frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anybody use Google calendar, with the caveat that it can be tricky to integrate if you MUST use something else as well.

I use Google Calendar for all of my personal calendaring, and I sync all of my work calendaring onto it as well, so I can use the agenda view and see everything together.

Google review by Whitney A.
Whitney A.

"A very modern and intuitive calendar app"

What do you like best?

I like the Google Calendar layout, which is pleasant to look at and easy to navigate. It alerts me when a meeting or event time is coming up, which is great when I'm having a busy day and really focused in on projects or calls. I like that I'm able to invite people into meetings so that we're both on the same page.

What do you dislike?

I don't like being alerted for a meeting and then having a pop-up message cover up my computer screen. It gets in the way of what I was looking at and working on. It can be frustrating when working on something that's very important and needs my full attention.

Google Calendar helps to keep me organized and allows me to get through my day more smoothly and with less worry. It helps me to plan my day around scheduled meetings and events.

Google review by Emily R.
Emily R.

"User Friendly Calendar"

What do you like best?

My favorite characteristic of the Google Calendar is the integration of other users' calendars and the real-time updating as new events are added. My husband and I as well as my colleagues share different Google Calendars with each other so we are always aware of the other's schedule.

The mobile app that allows you to see an entire month at a time makes scheduling a breeze. Color coding events lets me know who is involved or for what occasion the event is (work, school, home, etc).

The newest update to Google Calendars gives the calendar a fun, colorful vibe that is easy to navigate and add events and reminders to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot remove birthdays from my Google Calendar. Google has automatically gathered birthday info from my contacts and synced it to my calendar, but I haven't found a way to turn it off.

The Google Calendar helps streamline scheduling and make everyone's availability clear at any time, whether from your desktop or your mobile device.

Google review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Google Calendar is almost perfect"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is one of the best calendar apps I've used. It's easy, intuitive, scales across both mobile and the desktop apps, and integrates almost seamlessly with Gmail. Scheduling multi-person meetings, integrating additional plugins like GoTo Meeting, and doing more mundane tasks are a breeze.

What do you dislike?

For all its technical ability, it's still a pretty barebones interface. Yes, that is a key draw, but it's a little outdated in terms of its design.

The other gripe I have is that the mobile app isn't that easy to work with for anyone with normal sized thumbs. Certain buttons, spinning options and other things are too easily clicked, which can make the experience a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use any google products, go for it. It fits right in with gmail, drive, and more, and has the Google design language so you'll be familiar with how it works.

It's easy to use, simple, and reliable, much like other Google products for business.

Similar to gmail, a robust calendar app is one of the foundational elements of a successful business in today's environment. Google calendar allows us to connect with our clients, integrate dial-in services regardless of the company or tool, and get business done.

Google review by Jordan D.
Jordan D.

"Honestly an impeccable browser app"

What do you like best?

Usability, UX, UI. Everything about google calendar is terrific. I especially love conference room management for business. This has really improved our workflow, and it beats tracking this stuff manually.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing. I have almost never had a negative experience, but I will say that duplicate removal could be improved. I sometimes find an event on my calendar 3 or 4 times, and if Google has some automated software to delete those events, I'd be very happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use automatic Google hangouts generato feature to attach calls to your events.

Scheduling and conference room management have been big wins for us. It's super helpful to be able to book a conference room and add a hangout right in the event. We use these features a lot, and it helps us to keep out conference rooms in order (they're precious commodities around here).

Google review by Brenda W.
Brenda W.

"Google Calendar- Your on the go Calendar!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can integrate all calendars together as well as incorporate other events and schedules and make those available as you wish for others to see. I can put all of my items on my schedule and then make that only available for me to see and also add in an employee calendar for everyone to put their days off so I can see when people are off and when we have training calls etc in case I need to prepare for specific events.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that I need to shut off some of the alarms especially when its not something that is key. Like for example I will add something just as a reminder and it always has an automatic alarm to it. That part is a little annoying however I understand the need for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to completely integrate an entire team into one platform, google calendar is the way to go. It really is a nice way to have your own digital calendar as well as share one with your team. It also is great because it is digital and is in the cloud so you can take it with you everywhere. It works with nearly every type of email service that has the google backing. It is a great program.

We are able to integrate all of our schedules together as needed and if things change on the fly, then we can alert other members of the team, to that. It makes a great way for you to have everyone on the same page. Google Calendar makes it easy to have as many people added to single events and calls as well. It is a truly easy platform to connect everyone in one place.

Google review by Candice M.
Candice M.

"All Your Events and Reminders in One Place"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is my favorite Google app. For personal use I have all the dates of my bills and paychecks set in one calendar, and any personal events i have to attend (and I love that it imports flights and accommodations automatically). For work I import the school district calendar, plan out my due dates, and keep track of any meetings I have to attend. I love having multiple calendars accessible in my view at once. Also having integration with Google Classroom helps out a lot

What do you dislike?

Because I use Google Calendar for my bills I would love to integrate it nicely with a Google Sheet in order to keep track of my expenses and budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up calendar reminders, especially if you're forgetful like me!

Google Calendar has made me much more productive, I was never good at organization, and Google Calendar has helped a lot. Now I need to get paper organization down.

Google review by Callie W.
Callie W.

"Google Calendar - daily user"

What do you like best?

I love how Google Calendar is so easy to integrate with all devices, so you can literally get notifications or check your schedule from anywhere. It helps keep me organized and on schedule in my day-to-day.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike - it's all super straightforward and user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend! It's so easy and integrative.

It helps keep all employees at the company I work for organized and efficient - being able to look at other colleague's calendars before sending a meeting invite makes life so much easier and removes the need for back-and-forth on what days/times work.

Google review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"When Are You Available?"

What do you like best?

My absolute favorite feature as funny as it sounds is that I can color code my entries. This is important as I keep everything on my calendar. I use a bright color for urgent matters, I use one color for personal and another color for standard appointments and so forth. I also love that I can sync a coworkers calendar to it as well. This comes in handy when I am schedule appointments for myself and another person too. Of course then I can also send out an invite to another party and once they accept it it places it on their calendar as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish that when you hover over an even that it would tell you everything it says but instead you have to actually click on the event to reach all of it. And would like more colors as well.

Everything!!! My calendar is my Bible. I have reminders set and it helps keep all of my reports and such from being late. This makes us all happy.

Google review by Abigail T.
Abigail T.

"All the Essentials"

What do you like best?

The layout on Google Calendar is organized and not over-complicated. The quick-click feature of layering custom and shared calendars is a helpful feature for scheduling meetings and appointments. The custom color-coding feature enables simple differentiation of categorized tasks, and/or differentiation between personal calendars.

What do you dislike?

The full calendar date view at the top left corner is unnecessary and cannot be customized for removal. The detailed daily/weekly/monthly calendar view could stand to fit the entire site page, with the left feature bar partially hidden and expandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the multi-calendar feature to visually segregate work and non-work tasks, to easily toggle between the calendar views.

We find the reminder feature to be helpful, reminding workers to allocate their time, to accomplish tasks at exact times and by defined deadlines.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"A good way to keeps your agenda organized"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with Google Spreadsheet. I wrote a little js script that extracts the data from Google Calendar and prepares a table that I need for my plannings. Very useful.

What do you dislike?

The synchronization with my smartphone does not always work as expected. But it might be a problem of misconfiguration on my side, I haven't had the time to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In a school, it could be difficult to convince all the staff to use it. There should be some work to be done to create a customized version of the calendar for each teacher.

Different calendars (work, family, clubs, etc.) managed in a common place. Extraction of data from work's calendar used to plan activities for the future. Management of calendars with colleagues, so that it is possible to organize meetings. Integration with Google Task.

Google review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Google Calendar is a great way to sync your calendar with everyone in your company"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to share and invite others to events. It is easy to use and it is easy to share public events with anyone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to determine what events and calendars others can see, however once you discover it, then it is easy to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google calendar is a great way to update and alert members of your organization to events, meetings, and activities within your company, community, and organization. It is free to use individually and reasonable when it comes to organization uses.

It is a great way to update and alert other members of our community to events and changes in events that are going on. It is a fantastic way to have others RSVP and keep track of guests.

Google review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Google Calendar Saves Me Lots Of Time"

What do you like best?

What do I like best about Google Calendar? There are many reasons! I am in love with it. It makes my life so much easier! First of all, it keeps up with everything I do, my boss and several others I have to keep up with. You can put a date or event in one time and if it's something that you need to re-occur, you only do it once and you can set it up with a click for daily, weekly, monthly or year to year. You can duplicate events with one click. You can share the calendars with many, you can give them rights to edit it or read only. It will also send you email reminders plus the people you share with what is going on that calendar day. I have come to rely on it heavily and It's been the best calendar and the easiest to work with. You can even put in vacation and holidays when you will be out of the office or your boss. How cool is that?

What do you dislike?

Hmm, that's a hard one, there is nothing really I dislike about the google calendar, It is sometimes hard to read if you have a lot of items put in. I try to color code but there are not enough colors to really color code it to make it more easily read.

Sharing information has solved many communication problems at our business.

Google review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A Must for everything in your life!"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I really can not think of anything to dislike about Google Calendar! Other than fmaking the coffee, it does everything I need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the integration of the Google Calendar. You can use it on desktop and phone and share calendars easily with one another. This allows you to keep up with everything between personal reminders to appointments and scheduled phone calls. I especially love the calendar reminders. Without them, I would miss almost everything.

We are able to schedule calls, view others calendars, and get the calendar reminders. This tool is a must for our business and we use it on a daily basis.

Google review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Couldn't Live Without"

What do you like best?

I like that I can add events to my calendar and share either the calendar or the specific event. I like that I can add information and reminders to each event or series of events.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to have goals on the online calendar. I also with that I could transfer events to goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the product for you if you want to have all your events in one spot.

Plan meetings for everyone and have them remember when they are. No longer do you have to worry about missed appointments because you can set reminders for yourself.

Google review by User in Internet

"It's perfect for what I (and my company!) need it for"

What do you like best?

We as a company use google mail for all meeting scheduling, blocking out "busy" times, and just checking in on what people are doing. I also use my company Google calendar for personal use so it's super easy for me to keep everything in one spot. It's also great that it integrates with my iPhone calendar so I don't have to have a separate app.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could put placeholders in there. I like to put different Twitter chats that go on throughout the day on my calendar, but I don't want others to think I'm not available for a meeting that is more important. It would be great to have that as an option.

It makes it easy to schedule meetings, make sure people are available, and see what other people at work are up to ;)

Google review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

"A calendar that does the job"

What do you like best?

I like how you can integrate different people's calendars onto your own so that you can check what they are up to, in a sense. It also allows for you to input location and description into your calendar event.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the notifications that you get a little bit prior to the event time. I have dual monitors and usually focus on the monitor without the calendar. I'll be working on something and for some reason my keyboard stops working, turns out, the notification does not allow me to continue typing until I close out the reminder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easily integrated calendar system, choose Google Calendar. This is especially true if you travel by plane a lot as it integrates the travel confirmation e-mails onto your calendar so you are sure to not miss your flight.

Communication and making sure important events are conveyed. It allows me to see if someone is available for a meeting at a certain time and whether there are any important events that day, such as high-profile guests coming into the office and therefore I need to send out an e-mail to everyone telling them to dress well for the guests.

Google review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Essential For Everyone!"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is one of our most used platforms for planning purposes. I've used it for years now. I love how user friendly it is, and being able to color coordinate everyones' schedules is visually very helpful. A crucial app for both company and personal purposes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the default mode is the first week of January, or not the view you're used to, especially when switching between accounts. Easily fixable but a tad annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the color options and find a display mode that works best for you.

Crucial for scheduling, planning, and organizing everyone in the company. From video shoots to meetings to vacation time, we consult the calendar daily.

Google review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Solid day to day calendar with added bonuses"

What do you like best?

To start I should say that I'm in a google ecosystem, meaning my email is Google apps, my phone and tablet are android, and my watch is androidwear. The way the calendar is in sync across each device + the browser is awesome. I don't miss meetings and I can make new events just by speaking into my wrist.

As well the integrations into other Google products is amazing. Having a hangout link embedded into the calendar and having all my calendar notifications have one click links to those hangouts is great.

Combining multiple calendars into one is also required, being able to subscribe to public calendars for regional or business events is great.

What do you dislike?

With every calendar app I've used I've had similar problems, sending calendar invites suck. A unified standard is needed because sending events to non-google calendar users runs into incompatibilities. As well receiving invites from apple devices doesn't always work.

I use a unfixed inbox, all my mail goes into one email inbox instead of me needing to check many addresses. This creates a problem in the fact that Google doesn't let you add calendar events from emails that are not your primary, so I need to open in boxes and retrieve invites or re create the events myself to get them into my primary calendar. I need Google to allow me to open any invite that is linked to my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and you have an account already with Gmail. It's great within orgs and if you use many android/Google products the integration is awesome.

Scheduling, reminders, conferencing.

Google review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Good calendar app but some glitches with iCal"

What do you like best?

I have a Samsung phone so the seamless link between Google Calendar and my phone makes it easy to add items to my phone and know they'll be there. I also appreciate that it makes adding games of my favorite teams (Go Sox!) easy. Multiple, color-coded calendars make seeing my schedule at a glance easy and shared calendars make it easy to coordinate with my friends and boyfriend.

What do you dislike?

The integration into my mac iCal isn't always perfect so I don't have complete confidence when I look at my calendar from the iCal app that it has pulled everything from google calendar. It pulls most things but there are occasionally issues when it misses something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended and easy to use.

Google calendar's multiple calendars make it easy to keep separate my personal and work calendars and keep them apart at a glance.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"Great for syncing across devices"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily sync my calendar between my computer, phone and iPad. The invitation option on events is also great for keeping up with any appointments with colleagues and friends, I can make sure they know when and where to be.

The newer feature "goals" is nice. I like that the calendar will find time in my schedule for me to squeeze in these goals.

What do you dislike?

So far I've not found any issues with the product. I do wish it didn't automatically set up a time, because I've been known to forget to change the time from the preset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use for events with other people (so long as they have an email address). Really easy to sync acorss devices, especially if you use Gmail.

I've been organizing meetings with up to 8 people. The invitation feature helps me keep everyone on track.

Google review by User in Internet

"Enhancing Productivity and Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like its range of use. Google Calendar let's me organize my own day as well as set up meetings with co-workers. Great for both time management and team collaboration. I also like the different viewing options (Day/Week/Month/4 Days/Agenda).

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Google Calendar.

Time management has greatly improved. Meeting with team members has become easier.

Google review by G2 Crowd User in Online Media
G2 Crowd User in Online Media

"Great calendar for personal or enterprise use"

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration with mobile devices as well as the online computer version of calendar. It's easy to use and still has a ton of features. It plays well with other calendar widgets for android to show a sneak peak of your events for extra reminders of your appointments

What do you dislike?

I wish it would integrate with gmail a little bit more in the sense of being able to write email for the future and time it to send at a certain date and time. I also wish it had a standalone or popout window to use separately from the browser window.

This tool helps the company and employees to keep a neat and tidy schedule. We add our appointments, meetings, tasks and work schedules on this calendar and can share them with others.

Google review by Christopher R.
Christopher R.

"Great for reminders and groups"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use it to share my calendar with other peole

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look of the web based version of Calendar. It just does not look modern, sleek or elegant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider setting up default automatic reminders to do things like text you 30 minutes before 15 minutes before and 5 minutes before so you have more prodding the closer to an event.

I am solving the problem of being able to share my events with other people through quick links and through gmail invitations. The functionality of having reminders set up to default be on whenever I set up a new calendar appointment is phenomenal.

Google review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Google Calendar works great across platforms"

What do you like best?

It syncs easily across all of my platforms, from phone to computer - so I always know my schedule is right.

What do you dislike?

If you work with multiple aliases, it doesn't translate well over to calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the best for scheduling if you're also using other email services and/or multiple aliases.

Meeting planning is made easier and integrates right into your email.

Google review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"The google calendar "

What do you like best?

The Google Calendar has been handy for planning my schedule, organizing meeting and lesson plans, and just keeping me organized.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t have a feature to repeat every other weekday. This throws me off when planning classes on block schedule

My supervisor has the ability to see my google calendar and my lesson plans. He doesn’t need to log in to a separate system to check what my classes are doing.

Google review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Calendar sharing across the organization"

What do you like best?

We use Google Calendar to share calendars with many working groups within the organization. I can easily show or hide calendars based on what I want to see. Events and meetings from various levels of the org. are all easily visible to me. Editing permissions can be changed

What do you dislike?

Web interface needs some improvement, but I connect it with my iCal

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create several calendars for different groups within the organization so that you can easily see what you're looking for and color-code

Sharing calendars to be easily aware of availability and the activities of different working groups

Google review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"An awesome calendar for work and life"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like the best about Google calendar is that is easily sinks with all of my devices and my wife's devices as well. We can both make additions to the calendar and it will update it for the other person almost immediately.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything so far about this product that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To steal a quote from NIKE "Just Do It" It makes keeping track of events painless

This product solves the problem of trying to keep straight two (or more) schedules, especially when you are not right next to the other party involved.

"Organiza tu día"

What do you like best?

Puedes marcar diferentes colores para cada una de tus actividades, compartir calendarios con amigos y generarte una agenda completa y bien diferenciada

What do you dislike?

Cuesta entender todas las opciones que tiene y falta como un pequeño tutorial con trucos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si necesitas una agenda, es tu programa

Dado que puedes organizar las tareas por colores, puedes asignar un color para tu vida personal, otro para eventos con amigos o familiares, otro con las tareas del trabajo y en cada proyecto diferente puedes compartir los eventos con tus compañeros implicados, sin llenar de basura los calendarios de los que no participen

Google review by Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.

"Keeps me on schedule!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can share my calendar and view calendars shared with me all on one screen. Everything syncs seamlessly with my phone and I never miss a beat.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that notifications are automatically created, as most times I don't want them. I have also had trouble being able to view other calendars from my phone.

Scheduling conflicts have been lessened, as we are able to see many different calendars on our own calendar screen.

Google review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Google Calendar keeps me sane"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is a great way to organize professional and social events in my life. I love that you can invite people to events by email address, see people's availability, create different calendars for different groups of people, and customize reminders/colors/email notifications.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the new version doesn't recognize "3pm meeting" as a 3pm event, and instead makes it a whole day event. Also, the owner of an event should be able to see who invites whom to that event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all coworkers keep calendar up to date.

Google Calendar allows my workplace to communicate effectively and organize ourselves efficiently.

Google review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Google Calendar-Managing my life"

What do you like best?

I love that I can have multiple calendars in one calendar and manage them all from my computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I am unable to view some of my calendars from my mobile device.

I can share my calendar with my husband AND my colleagues and we can all be on the same page.

Google review by User

"Pretty Good with Keeping Schedule"

What do you like best?

I am able to incorporate all my schedule and have it send email and text reminders for meetings (trust me this is really important, business people forget very easily and need to be reminded). Furthermore, it works nicely with gmail which I get most of my infrmation from others.

What do you dislike?

Its originally a little difficult to set up but once you get the hang of it, you will really like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see if you like. if your an avid gmail user you will apprecaite this.

Coordination Problems and scheduling problems are helped to be solve.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"Google Calendar For Work"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is aesthetically pleasing and very good for scheduling both personal and work items.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to make a mistake, such as booking an event on the wrong calendar.

We use Google calendar to schedule our various appointments, as well as detailing how long they are and any notes for each.

User in Education Management

"Great for Business & Personal"

What do you like best?

I love how it syncs with my email invitations. For example, when I get an invitation to a work meeting in Google Hangouts, it's automatically added to my calendar on my mobile and an alarm reminds me. It's seamless.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes when you share you calendar with someone else, it doesn't always automatically sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it seamlessly with the other Google products.

Managing busy schedules.

"Outstanding scheduling tool"

What do you like best?

Everyone in my organization uses Google Calendar for scheduling, and as a result it is the most useful collaboration tool we have. It is easy to schedule meetings and events, invite people or units, and indicate availability. The ability to create multiple calendars is helpful for keeping track of personal appointments separately.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate especially well -- and sometimes not at all -- with other calendar apps. As such, it is useful only if your colleagues use it as well. I have also noticed that the UX varies greatly depending on the OS you're using. In Chrome on a full OS or Android, it looks and functions perfectly. On iOS, however, the GUI is much clumsier and less usable. As an iPad user, this has been a serious disadvantage for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any Google app, its value is directly proportionate to how many of your colleagues use it. If your business/organization is locked in to Microsoft, for example, Google Calendar will be much less useful.

Google Calendar has all but eliminated scheduling headaches in my organization. I can quickly check on a colleague's availability for a one-on-one meeting, or quickly invite hundreds of people across several departments. The benefit of easy scheduling cannot be undervalued.

"Addicted user"

What do you like best?

It is extremely practical. It is on my cellphone, my computer and my email. I never miss an appointment.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. As a calendar, it is perfect. We can add notes, find the place in the map, add people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe it would be nice if users can upload files in events.

I use google calendar as my personal and professional calendar. In the company I used to work with, they used this tool for the whole company.

"Google Calendars"

What do you like best?

The ability to share calendars, easily invite others, accessibility

What do you dislike?

At times, the time zone is off when receiving an invite, even though it was right on the sender’s end

Collaboration, being able to keep everyone on the same page

Google review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"Is Google Calendar the Calendar to end all Calendars? Not quite"

What do you like best?

If you're part of the Google ecosystem, then Google calendar is an awesome solution to keeping your day segmented and on point. It can even go so far as your overall life on point. The main benefit for Google calendar is how many areas it can sync with. If you're also using Chrome and Android (smartphone), then Google calendar will sync across everything that you decide to log into. This is by far its main benefit for me.

Another aspect I like is the ability to either share your calendar (and others with you), but also the ability to use tasks to break things up even further. Again, this is highly dependent upon being part of their ecosystem. If you're on iOS (Apple), for example, then Google calendar may not be your best bet.

What do you dislike?

I wish that this calendar was a bit more functional and able to incorporate more data sets. Granted, each company has a reason to break this down, but allowing your Exchange calendar to show in Google would be a great addition. You can bring your Google calendar into Outlook, but you're going to need Google Apps if you want Exchange server information to go into Google. This would require your admin so that comes down to IT policy. Would be nice for consumer, but understandable why Enterprise solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already in the Google ecosystem, Google calendar is an amazing tool that will keep you focused and moving forward with your schedule. If you're not in the ecosystem, there's really very little that would make you change as it's a basic tool in the grand scheme of things. Whether you're in Apple, Microsoft, or Google's ecosystems, this is one of the better solutions in comparison.

The main problem Google calendar solves for me is getting myself organized and creating systems. I don't want to have to use precious mental energy thinking of what I need to do or what is coming next in the day. Google calendar keeps that all for me and when it's time, a pop up (either phone or desktop) comes and tells me it's time to start something. This alone is worth it, but the ability to sync across all devices is an added bonus.

Google review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"I love that it connects with my Samsung"

What do you like best?

The ease of connections, I love how the calendar connects to my phone and email, even though I run on an Apple laptop for my job!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I really, love everything about it.

It keeps me organized and I love that it reminds me to do things, I love to not only log on it from my phone but my computer.

Google review by User in Computer Software

"Easy Calendar, Effective"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, syncs up well on mobile, easy to use multiple calendars.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes does not push updates to my apple calendar

Time management, scheduling

Google review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Manage everyday with Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

Ease of usage and capability to send invites to other domains

What do you dislike?

The updated version of the calendar, quite confusing

Management of time

Google review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Google Cal for Business (nonprofit"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to edit the privacy of events. I also like being able to look at multiple schedules to be able to better suggest meeting times.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always sync quickly with my iPhone, despite having push sync set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many features that I'm just learning. Take time to explore them for making group calls easier.

Meeting organization/scheduling.

"Best calender ever"

What do you like best?

I like that is is so easy to use and that it can be looked at and accessed from where ever in at

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about Google calender

It helps me remember which days I have off and which ones I need to come in for

"Generally Good"

What do you like best?

Standard calendar that allows you to create and share events. Being able to see my colleagues calendars is a big help when scheduling meetings. Additionally, being able to book rooms with it makes scheduling a breeze.

What do you dislike?

When someone updates an event, it doesn't tell you what was updated. Moreover, when someone proposes a new time, it doesn't show you what the new time is. These are both very frustrating things that shouldn't be hard to fix.

Ability to schedule meetings and see my team's calendars.

Google review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Google calendar"

What do you like best?

very user friendly. Nice design and great integration on mobile phones

What do you dislike?

calendar invites are sometimes buggy on mobile

Recommendations to others considering the product

more user friendly than outlook. better design and mobile integration

meeting scheduling and management of tasks.

Google review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Free, easy to use and powerful calendar across all devices "

What do you like best?

Notifications, ease of use, and syncing across devices.

What do you dislike?

While the calendars look fine, there are not many customization abilities built into the software.

Organizing meetings and day-to-day activities.

"Amazing organizational tool"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and user friendliness. I use it on a daily basis for both work and personal use and it really helps me stay organized and keep all my appointments.

What do you dislike?

At times it seems to have glitches after entering a place for an event/meeting. I notice this has happened several times lately when entering information under this category. Especially when submitting it on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help you keep track of important meetings, events and allow you to share events and information with colleagues and co-workers.

Improving organizational skills and keeping track of meetings and important appointments. In addition, it allows me to share information & events with colleagues and co-workers.

Google review by Sara Rose H.
Sara Rose H.

"Google Calendar keeps my life on track"

What do you like best?

It pulls event info from emails and can auto generate an event! Pretty nifty.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it auto selects "send to all" if you create an event based an an email, and if the email had a lot of recipients, it will go to all of them. Happened to me once and was quite frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you dis-select the auto invite when you create and event. Other than that it's pretty great!

We schedule interviews and business meeting and can use Google Calendar to invite other attendees. It helps us to know who we can expect at a meeting and who has to decline.

Google review by Madeleine B.
Madeleine B.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

That I know what I am doing when and I can find out wherever I am. I also love that I can share my calendar (and vice versa). Makes planning so easy.

What do you dislike?

For some reason sometimes when I invite people to events they do not get the invites (I am guessing this is user error though and that I just need to spend time looking at settings).

Organisation & planning. Benefits - as mentioned ease of planning and collaboration.

Google review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"It's Google... Reliable!"

What do you like best?

I am always talking about simplicity and organization, and on top of that I love to refer to Google Calendar for everything. So here it is. Google Calendar is probably the best if not the best other than Apple Calendar, because Google started the calendar and mail revolution of simplicity and daily tracking. The fact that you can see where you are on the days events is creative, but to be able to see what events for particular people or type of event is a breakthrough! With Google Calendar, you can make tabs that can be labeled and edited and color coordinated to see what will overlap or see what has a higher priority. Plus you can add notes, contacts, or links within the calendars events. As you play with Google Calendar more and more, you will end up loving it more. On another note, since it is google and you can access your google account or mail where ever you go, this can be done with the calendar as well, and can be edited. PLUS IT IS FREE!!!

What do you dislike?

When it comes to Google Calendar, it is really hard to find anything wrong with this service. If I come up with anything, I will go ahead and edit my review, but in the meantime, I have yet to find any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just recommend making a Google account so that you can familiarize yourself with it and see for yourself how awesome Google calendar is.

Google review by Avni S.
Avni S.

"Easy to use and a good tool from Google!"

What do you like best?

Main advantage of using this calendar over Apple is the fact that you can create multiple calendars. It’s easy to use and pretty accessible. I use google calendar for business use mainly and it helps me with scheduling and event tracking. Syncs to outlook as well!

What do you dislike?

It suits my needs so not much to complain about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and you can't go wrong if you love google products.

Good way to keep organized and the fact that has great accessibility-even better!

Google review by Paul W.
Paul W.

"Google Calendar ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

I use Google Calendar for it's sharing and ease of use. It's easy to create entries, and to move entries to a new spot. I also like the idea of having multiple "calendars" to toggle on and off.

What do you dislike?

Probably wouldn't recommend using it in Internet Explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's only worth it if you use more than one calendar.

Collaboration! We use it to plan releases, vacation, etc..

Google review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Google Calendar gets a 10/10 every time."

What do you like best?

I use Google Calendars throughout our company, so that we can all see each others calendars whenever we want.

What do you dislike?

There is no downside to Google Calendar, other than the app on your phone is hard to drag and move times around when they are 30 minute time slots.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this over any other calendar for sure!

Meetings made easy because Google Calendar lets you know when everyone is free and not free.

Google review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"It's necessary in my life"

What do you like best?

It's the bridge between my Outlook and WORK[etc]. This makes it possible that my two most important daily tools stay in sync.

What do you dislike?

It's the bridge between my Outlook and WORK[etc]. I'd prefer not to have to have calendar. It's really not a deficiency on Google's part. More on WORK[etc] I know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on what you need it for. I could do without it if it weren't for some integration needs. But others love it because it is simple to use.

Event scheduling and Calendar share

Google review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"easy to use visually pleasing"

What do you like best?

easy to use visually pleasing. Like to work with one calendar for two people

What do you dislike?

not much so far. Very easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the google suite

can use it for multiple people calendar

Google review by Bernardo D.
Bernardo D.

"Basic in functionality, great for sync"

What do you like best?

It's a calendar application and it does just that. However, it does it in a very clean, clutter-free interface, without the extra fuss and the ads. A very welcome feature is how you can integrate it with your phone and the way you can set up your own rooms and recent locations, so Google Calendar can understand your event patterns and be more helpful.

What do you dislike?

Despite the 'refresh' it received last year, Google Calendar remains pretty simple - it would be great if it had some extra features like natural language inputting (so it recognises your event details if you just type "meeting with Mark on Friday at 15 Square Street").

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require advanced support, don't rely on the forums, those are mostly for basic and frequent issues. There are some great Android-focussed forums out there that can help you with what you're looking for.

Google review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great Experience!"

What do you like best?

It allows me to share information with colleagues

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's efficient and I like

It helps me to be organized and helps me to know what my week looks like on my mobile.

Google review by John O.
John O.

"Good way to keep track of your appointments in a Cloud environment"

What do you like best?

I like Google Calendar, especially with the way you can create multiple calendars to track different events. I especially like how you can access it from any device. Really easy to use and has met business needs.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most visually appealing. The UI isn't fabulous either, but it works for what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Calendar to others who are already Gmail and other Google products. If you're using Outlook and are looking for alternatives, then I would suggest looking at other calendar tracking tools that are more visually appealing.

Scheduling and event tracking

Google review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"Great, Free and easy tool for reminders"

What do you like best?

Google calendar is available for mobile as well as on the web. Google's API allows it's partners to integrate with Google calendar easily. That obviously gives us plenty of other applications to use. Free sms and email notification that Google provides is something I couldn't find with any other service so far.

What do you dislike?

Their interface is still in the 90s. They need to come up with a new interface with better usability. I don't find the reason why they have tasks as it occupies only 2% of the screen space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's for you. Better than Outlook and Apple calendar.

Google review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"So easy and so FREE!"

What do you like best?

It's highly customizable, thanks to the "Labs" where you can try out new features. Like how easily it ties into Android. Like the ease of setting reminders - I use these a TON to remind me of daily tasks. IMO it's far better than the calendar built into Outlook which is a shame since I actually pay for that one. All around sweet calendar!

What do you dislike?

I used to be frustrated by some of the limited settings/functionality in the actual appointment setup but Google has worked through all those problems in the last few years and now the only thing I don't like is the limited integration with other platforms (though all of them have this same problem). Hate how hard it is to import an apt from Outlook or Apple's ical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use, enjoy, become more productive!

Google review by Luca S.
Luca S.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

I use it everyday to sync data from my phone to my PC and tablet.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be better, but still i like this one

It let me save time

Google review by Kristen D.
Kristen D.

"A single source for all my appointments"

What do you like best?

Google calendar has all the features and functions needed to keep your daily agenda in line. Setting up meetings is simple and straightforward. The mobile integration and SMS messages help me to stay on schedule even away from my desk.

What do you dislike?

The desktop meeting reminders aren't as obvious as Outlook's and it can take time to get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're switching from Outlook to Gmail, look for migration apps in the Google app store. I used one and it made the transition much easier by not having to set up all of my old calendar events.

Google review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Great tool for organizing your life"

What do you like best?

Very nice integration with the online Google Calendar and iOS and iCal on Mac OS X. It helps to use the calendar on two iPods/iPhones and share the current calendar events with my wife.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Outlook was a little lacking. The online interface has remained mostly unchanged for the last few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try - it is quite intuitive and there are several apps in the App Store (and undoubtedly in the Android store) to access/modify your calendar events.

Google review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Scheduling My Life Has Never Been So Easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to sync other Google Calendars into yours. When scheduling business meetings it makes it easy to coordinate free time so that cancellations happen less frequently. When time is money, this saves a lot.

What do you dislike?

Multiple notifications. I just wish that the notification settings would allow me to dial the notifications down just a little bit. I feel like it is either all or nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will never feel more organized.

Google review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Solid Product...for PC/Gmail/Android Users"

What do you like best?

Very easy to integrate with a website to demonstrate your availability or events, for example; integrates very smoothly with Android phones and Gmail e-mail service; nice "quick-add" feature makes it easy to add new events without going through a lengthy process; easy to layer/add multiple calendars

What do you dislike?

Not very good compatibility with Mac products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether or not it makes sense to use Google Calendar, in my opinion, depends largely on whether the other products that you want to integrate it with are PC/Android or Mac. In the former case, it makes sense. In the latter, it probably does not, and iCal is the better option.

Google review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mobile version is lacking"

What do you like best?

easy access

sync with multiple calendars

What do you dislike?

Can't see availability of other attendees

sometimes clunky to use / view

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, but mobile version is lacking

collaboration, communication and networking

Google review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"Great Calendar Application that Integrates with other Google Tools"

What do you like best?

This is a great way to keep track of appointments, it integrates with Gmail and Google+, and it also has an app that you can use on Android and iOS devices. It also allows you to have multiple color-coded calendars (So in my case I can store work related events, personal events like birthdays, and running related events separate and have separate settings for each calendar type as far as reminders and the different locations that they synch to goes).

What do you dislike?

Not much really, it's a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll get the most use out of it if you're also using Gmail and / or Google+. Since all of these tools are free, sign up for all of them if you aren't already and you should see your productivity improve.

Google review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Works Great!"

What do you like best?

Being able to share and see shared calendars. The "Quick Add" feature is amazing. Just type in a simple sentence like "lunch with bob at taco bell on friday at noon" and it'll take care of placing that in your calendar, I use this feature all the time. My spouse and I share each others calendars so that we can plan ahead. Since I am involved in things that she is not, it allows us to not double book ourselves! Syncing with my smartphone and giving me email, text, or pop-up alerts is great so that you don't miss an appointment or meeting.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the sharing and quick add features.

Google review by Bobby H.
Bobby H.

"One of the best Personal Calendar solution"

What do you like best?

While most people completely dismiss google calendar as a corporate solution, it's entirely underrated. It integrates well with your personal calendar and with all of your google accounts.

What do you dislike?

The formatting in invites can become wonky if using several different email platforms, like exchange.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly consider it if you're looking for a good calendar solution that works well with personal calendars and corporate ones.

Google review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"Just started using it"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access, setup, and administer. I also like how easy it is to share your calendar and to see others. I also like that it is easy to sync other calendars to your google calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult sometimes to find how to do something. But I eventually do figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very nice free calendar tool. I recommend it.

Google review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"good basic calendar"

What do you like best?

we can create as many calendars as we need to track where everyone is. Then we can link everything to everyone's phone and know all the details of every event

What do you dislike?

that it auto corrects when it doesn't need to. We use it for the business and I try to put in how many hours they worked at a job each day and it will erase what I typed without doing anything else (doesn't auto correct to the time, just erases any numbers I wrote)

Recommendations to others considering the product

good product, I'm sure there are more high tech version out there but this is a simple way to do it, very efficient to keep everything in line

Google review by Anthony d.
Anthony d.

"Best calendar app out there"

What do you like best?

ubiquitous amongst industry, can integrate with a lot of other products

What do you dislike?

API suport isnt perfect, sync issues with outlook

Keeping track of tasks

Google review by Mitch M.
Mitch M.

"Great For Collaboration"

What do you like best?

You can create themed calendars and allow people to add them to their calendar so everyone is informed about events. It syncs with most local calendar apps. It's cloud based so you always have access.

What do you dislike?

NA

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tons of ways to use Google calendars, its also great for websites.

Google review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Cloud Based Calendar"

What do you like best?

I love the multiple reminders and options for being reminded (sms,email,popup)

What do you dislike?

I don't like that lack of Outlook integration

cloud based calendar that syncs to my phone

Google review by Shane H.
Shane H.

"Very convenient way to share calandars"

What do you like best?

The ease in which you can share a calendar with groups or teams.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Google Calendar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use.

Personal use mostly

Google review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"i use on Android - better than stock app"

What do you like best?

the interface is one of the best features. It looks very pleasent to use.

Pinch the screen and you get to zoom in and out of the calender day/week to expand the times. The views are customised so you can view by day/week/month.

And the application does well to integrate all my details from facebook: showing me birthdays and events

What do you dislike?

i have nothing bad to say about this application. For my usage, i cant fault it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not use this for business purposes. For personal use, it does exactly what yo would need it to do: it will alarm/notification/email to warn you of event, whatever you choose in settings. And being google, which is android OS too, its all syncronised together.

Google review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Making Meetings Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is just a beauty of a program. It's extremely simple

What do you dislike?

I would love to see to-do list integration in a better way. I'm still doing the Type A write it out by hand method. Google, bring me out of the stone age!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great.

Google review by Erich R.
Erich R.

"Solid Cloud Based Calendar"

What do you like best?

The Google Calendar has a number of excellent features. The first being the fact that it's accessible everywhere and integrates fairly well to Outlook or Mac OS X Calendar. Sharing invites, calendars, and appointments with your friends/colleagues is also fairly simple. My favorite feature has to be the integration of Google Hangouts to calendar invites. It's never been easier to send an invite and have a conference call using Google Hangouts integrated with Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

I would like a higher degree of integration between Outlook Calendar and/or Mac OS X Calendar. I'm not able to sync individual calendars, colors, and other items with Google's calendar. I've also had some syncing issues between my desktop client and Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Outlook, there is certainly a tighter integration between Microsoft Outlook and Exchange, however, exchange has it's own limitations. If you're looking for a solution to a small-medium sized business, I think this is own of the best products on the market, just beware that if you intend to use this product with some of your desktop tools there potentially maybe issues. I would definitely consider trying out the Google Hangouts integration. It's a very cool way to have a remote meeting with your colleagues.

"Clean quick and simple"

What do you like best?

I really like Google Calendar. It has a nice interface and is easy to use and understand what you are doing when. Also the sms reminders for meetings are fantstic

What do you dislike?

You can no longer get hold of the free sync for outlook. So i can no longer get my work calender on google calender.

Recommendations to others considering the product

still a good solution. try apple or exchange

Google review by Sai K.
Sai K.

"GCAL is ultimate calendar app"

What do you like best?

GCAL you can sync all your calendars at one places on all devices. It is better to plan events and remind events.

What do you dislike?

outlook and gcal are not integrated properly

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want a cloud calendar

Google review by Tyler Y.
Tyler Y.

"Works Fine, Interfaces with other Google Things"

What do you like best?

Sleek, minimalist, intuitive design. Importing and exporting from and to other calendars works well.

What do you dislike?

Not very many people seem to use it, so it seems like I'm always transferring things into it if and when I want to use Google Calendar as my main calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it most on an organizational level. It's nicest when a lot of people are using it together.

Google review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"A great online calender with Free SMS support"

What do you like best?

I personally sync my Corporate Calendar with Google Calendar.

This enables a quick view of all my work and personal commitments.

Google Calender support free texting so you can have an SMS reminder come to your phone about the meeting - a great tool for planning into the future.

What do you dislike?

Nothing its great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool - ensure you use the SMS for appointments

Google review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Easy integration with gmail"

What do you like best?

It works so well with gmail, set up reminders. It's practically part of gmail as you don't have to sign up for a separate service. If you are logged into gmail you can just click calendar and boom your off to the races

What do you dislike?

sometimes I wonder if it is a good idea to store all my data in google

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use calendar that is easy to leverage with gmail

Google review by Linda K.
Linda K.

"Great for personal and business use"

What do you like best?

Google calendar is the only calendar I use on a regular basis. It is easy to use, read and edit.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to set up appointments that are every other day or week (if there is I don't know how).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy, inexpensive way to keep track of your life!

Google review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Syncs great with IPhone"

What do you like best?

Love that it easily synced with my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

Cannot easily send invitations to non-Yahoo users.

Personal use

Google review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

Switching our company over to google apps and using the calendar is great. I love how easy we can share, check group calendars, schedule rooms, and integrates with my iPad calendar systems at home.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Google review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great for personal and small business use"

What do you like best?

User-friendly, able to control permissions, create and share calendars flawlessly. Calendar synced on iPhone and iPad. Quality search function and reminder settings.

What do you dislike?

Synching multiple calendars to iPhone was unusually difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google calendar may not provide the necessary tools for larger businesses.

Google review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"Poor substitute for Exchange calendaring"

What do you like best?

Easy for users to share their calendars with each other in an ad-hoc manner.

What do you dislike?

Meeting request functionality is lacking. Can only sync to mobile devices if you use Google's software on those devices, as opposed to native Exchange support built into most email clients. Web UI is clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just like Gmail, fine for personal use, but a poor competitor in the enterprise space.

Learning about Google Calendar?

* We monitor all Google Calendar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.