Do you work for Google?

Google Calendar Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Calendar?

Integrated online calendars designed for teams

Google Calendar Screenshots

Google Calendar Profile Details

Google Calendar Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Calendar Reviews

1-50 of 209 total Google reviews

Google Calendar Reviews

1-50 of 209 total Google reviews
Google review by Blessen B.
Sales Associate
Retail
Most Recent Google Calendar Video Review

"Easy to see conflicting events"

Google review by Leslie G.
Biology Teacher

"how I keep my life organized"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and I love color coding each calendar and chunking all my to do's based on what part of my life they relate to. I love being able to move event times around just by dragging and dropping and I also grey them out once I've completed them so I remember what I did but it doesn't look like I haven't done anything!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't drag an event from the day to the "all day' section and vice versa. It would be nice if you could drag and drop that setting versus going into the details and editing it specifically-which takes more time. Additionally, I'm not always sure what syncs with ical so how do I ensure that i'm seeing my work calendar AND my personal calendars on every device I own?

Recommendations to others considering the product

syncs well with ical- definitely go for it!

schedule Iep meetings and other planning schedules with other faculty to be able to have as many people at a meeting as possible. Similarly, it helps with rescheduling when the schedule must change due to student needs.

Google review by Nikki S.
Graduate student teaching assistant and researcher
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Amazing free tool for a variety of purposes "

What do you like best?

The majority of my work experiences with google calendar have been to schedule and visualize my team members shifts where they can viewed in one place by everyone on the team. With 15+ people working sporadic shifts across several locations, it is a lifesaver to have everyone's schedules visible side by side so everyone knows not only when they are scheduled but also when their colleagues are scheduled. People can see who is working with them or who might be free to cover a shift for them. The implementation of google calendar has resolved so many of the scheduling problems we used to experience. The best features include color coding events (we assign each individual a different color) , notification reminders before a scheduled event, and the ability to visualize overlapping events without any confusion.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty time consuming to make edits to individual events, especially when you are working with 100+ a week. It would be nice to be able to duplicate an event (keeping the name and color, but make it at a different time. Nonetheless, google calendar has served as our most powerful and successful scheduling tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In addition to being a great individual tool, google calendar is amazing for teams and group projects. Diving up work/setting deadlines for individual/scheduling shifts/ etc. by assigning individuals to colors has been the greatest benefit of Google calendar. And turning on the notifications helps avoid deadlines and shifts being missed.

Primarily scheduling work shifts for research assistants. They work a few hours a day a few times a week and there a lot of them. Having everyone's shifts clearly displayed for each week has tremendously reduced scheduling mistakes and complications.

Google review by Matthew L.
President

"Why use any other calendar"

What do you like best?

What I like best about google calendar is honestly that everyone holds them to the standard. Whenever you start another calendar, every time they are suggesting that you import your google calendar. There is something to say about that. They just did a new UI overhaul and calendar looks so much better. There are ways that the Google platform can integrate into just about everything. I strongly recommend using it.

What do you dislike?

I never seem to have problems but my wife somehow has problems every once and a while with an event being deleted. Now, this would not be that big of an issue, we just go to trash and find it. However, there is not a lot of customer service that can really help you with google calendar. You have to go in search of youtube videos. That really sucks sometimes trying to find the right video that works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program. Its going to do the best job in the end. I know there are other frou frou apps out there that are going to try and share cool things with you. But in the end its always google calendar that they are integrating int. This is important to know.

I can get anyone and everyone across any platform to use google calendar, wheather you are android or iphone windows or mac. This is what is really helpful that I am trying to always solve using this platform.

Google review by Ashley D.
Company Owner / Ideator

"Google Calendar Does Everything"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create events, reminders and even tasks on this calendar. It Also allows me to collaborate with different teams from different companies without any of them seeing each other’s information in a seamless way that allows me to communicate across platforms. I’m also able to sync my company calendar and my contractor calendars and see everything in one place on Google.

What do you dislike?

I don’t believe that the mobile version of Google calendar has the same functionality as the desktop version. Because most appointments and meetings and tests are scheduled while on the go, it would make sense for the Google calendar to be as extensive in the mobile version as it is From a desktop.

The biggest benefits of using Google calendar is the ability to collaborate organize and plan things in one seamless place that offers you reminders allows you to invite other people and gas and allows for the integration of all of the other google applications

Google review by Neisha G.
Medical Assistant
Hospital & Health Care

"Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

There are so many features on Google Calendar that I like. The ease of adding new events/appointments, being able to color code different events/appointments (birthdays are orange, work stuff is blue, payday green, etc). I also like how easy it is to add events/appointments from my computer and find them on my phone. I also really like how easily it links to the Amazon Echo products, so my Echo Dot can tell me my appointments in the morning, when I'm not quite in the mood to read yet.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it was a little easier to customize repeat events/appointments. That is probably the only thing I would change, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Google Calendars to friends, family, and colleagues who are looking for an easy app to help them keep track of their lives.

When it comes to my business (I am a Thirty One consultant), I haven't really used Google Calendar too much. I do use it a lot for my job (medical assistant). I use it to keep track of the days/hours I work, my paydays, trainings, etc. I love that I'm able to color coordinate similar events/appointments, so I can tell from a quick glance where I'm supposed to be or what is supposed to be happening.

Google review by Jessica P.
Science Teacher

"Very Good For Busy People on the Go!"

What do you like best?

I love that google calendar can be synced across your devices- it really helps me to stay streamlined and prevents appointments, tasks, and important dates from slipping through the cracks. I like that the interface is user friendly and can be customized to reflect the different areas of my life (personal, work, clubs, lesson plans).

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, except a small part of me misses the physical and handwritten calendar, BUT google calendar cannot be lost or misplaced, which as an educator, I really appreciate! If I could change one thing, I would make it easier to print with everything showing, but it is a small nitpicky suggestion! I really enjoy google calendar!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your life SO MUCH easier! Google allows you to keep your life organized and streamlined!

Streamlining teacher meetings, trainings, lesson plans, important dates, deadlines, doctor appointments, personal holidays, and everything else in between all in one place!

Google review by Molly F.
Logistics and Communications Coordinator

"Organize Your Day"

What do you like best?

I love how my whole team uses it, and we're able to sync up our work days. We create calendars for different conference rooms to manage easy booking. We can invite anybody that has a Google email to any meeting. We can edit the meeting to make notes about what worked and what didn't in that meeting. We even use the "all day" function on the calendar to keep track of art deadlines. The best calendar system for meetings there is!

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a more detailed section for typing up your notes and to-dos. However, I enjoy having a separate app for my to-dos, so this is personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's a great free resource that's easy to use company-wide. User-friendly, as well.

We're able to figure out who's coming to which meeting and who's booking what room (and if it's already booked). Benefits: allows everybody to be on the same page with the click of a button.

Google review by Irene T.
Architetto

"Amazing tool"

What do you like best?

What Iike the most is sharing events and complete calendars to my friends and colleagues and having separated calendars for each type of event

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing... maybe the compatibility within Google gmail and google could be improved in order to transfer events in emails (train tickets, bookings..) directly into the calendar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for everything: from your personal events to working events and share immediately events with colleagues. I use it for everything and it appeared that my lacks of memory don't exist no more. I discovered it years ago into an office I used to work in and I've immediately seen the potential of this tool beacuse all the team was registered to a common calendar. From then, wherever I work I suggest to my new colleagues to use it!

I am solving everything. I use Calendar for personal and working events either.

Google review by Sharona G.

"An Indispensable Tool for Scheduling"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is easy to use and easy to access from multiple devices (computer, phone, tablet, etc.). It's also very simple to share your schedule with others or have others share with you, which is very beneficial in planning things with others. I also use Google Calendar for my personal life and enjoy being able to share events with my partner so we can be on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Google Calendar's interface could use some work, as some of the icons are unclear and not always intuitive, or it may be difficult to find certain settings in the menu. I don't like the integration between Gmail and Google Calendar in the sense that certain events will be automatically added from emails that I did not want to add. It could also use more batch edit and batch delete options, as I've had to resort to a third party method of doing this once when I changed a lot of things by accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not a big fan of the Google Calendar mobile app and use Business Calendar instead but it works nicely in there.

Setting up meetings (especially those involving multiple people), being able to find a time for meetings when all participants are free. I also connect it with You Can Book Me to allow people to set up appointments with me. I rely completely on my Google Calendar for my schedule.

Google review by Luke W.

"Google Cal"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is extremely easy to use on both laptops and smartphones. My favorite parts about Google Cal are that you can see multiple people's schedules on one page at once, which makes it easy when you work in a team/cohort. I also love that you can duplicate meetings/events so that you don't have to start all over. I also find it extremely helpful that Google Cal uses many different colors to help organize events/people/etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with Google Calendar at all. It is extremely easy to use and helps me immensely in my work.

It is easy to have multiple people's schedules for one day, week, month, or year on one page, which makes planning with teams extremely easy. I also can set notifications for other people so that they can remember to attend a meeting or schedule an event that I set for them. I also like that Google Cal is synced to other programs like Basecamp, so I can merge all my assignments into one space.

Google review by Christine S.
Registered Nurse

"Makes my life so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I can sync the data between my work and home calendars, my laptop and phone. My entire life is kept track of in one place.

What do you dislike?

So far the things I dislike have more to do with people not understanding how to use the program appropriately. One of our supervisors has it set to send us ALL an email every time she makes a change on the calendar. 99% of the time, those changes have nothing to do with me. I'm not sure what the resolution would be for that. Maybe a pop-up reminding the person that everyone will see these changes or be notified of these changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend this product more. It's is easy to use, was easy to learn and has made my life better.

I'm more organized. I'm a float nurse for our school district. I am able to keep track of where I've been and where I will be going without any more confusion. My supervisor is able to notify me if there is a change to my schedule.

Google review by Bailey M.
Tasting Room Associate
Public Relations and Communications

"Best calendar for your phone"

What do you like best?

Not only does it work best to maintain your own personal inputs, but it syncs well with most any app. I have my work schedule, school schedule, and Facebook events all hooked up. I know exactly what is going on at all times thanks to google calendar.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about this app. It is what I basically live by day-to-day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this for any and all work related needs. It can schedule reminders, set to repeat events (vet appointments, birthdays, anniversaries), it really does do it all.

This works with organizational needs, it helps me stay on top of everything, and never lets me forget a date. I work from home so staying self motivated and on time is very important to me.

Google review by Undrea M.
Blogger and Contributor/Sales/Relationship Coordinator
Legal Services

"Keep it orderly "

What do you like best?

My google calendar is a digitally-formatted calendar connected to my gmail account that organizes my entire existence. Or, to say the least, takes all of the dates and deadlines in my correspondences and of my own accord, and set them up/as well as remind me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes, the calendar is so good at what it does, it will pick up minuscule dates, reservations, or mentions, that I do not need or wish to be included in the calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! Free of charge, and your best calendar friend if you are a user of gmail.

The main benefit is helping me stay on task and not miss a beat in meetings, engagements, etc., that I committed to.

Google review by Destiny B.
Mentor Coordinator

"Google Calendar is my personal planner, work planner, and to-do list all in one. "

What do you like best?

I love that I can quickly look daily, weekly, or monthly views of my calendar for easy scheduling. I can see when my availability is open, as well as when I have heavy meeting days.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app isn't as nice looking as the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Calendar is my #1 tool at work, I don't know how I could be without it.

Now I'm able to see in real-time the calendars of my colleagues, and vice versa. The benefit is being able to see what's going on in my colleagues' weeks (assuming they give permission and detail on their calendars). For my team, it really helps us out to have access to all of our calendars.

Google review by Juan Camilo R.
Project Engineer

"User friendly, fully integrated, high compatibility, great calendar app"

What do you like best?

Seamless, super fast, easy to use, very intuitive interface and functionality, fully integrated into Google's ecosystem but also friendly with third party options. Easy to incorporate and Sync icloud's calendar and other options so you can consolidate all of your calendars in one place.

Easy to export as well for integration into third party calendars.

Available as a standalone app in cell phones and tablets, or just by instantly logging into a webpage, reminders and alerts available even for the webpage version.

What do you dislike?

Lacks a standalone windows app.

Could use better desktop integration, interface customization lacking but maybe that's just being picky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're required to use icloud, Google calendar is the best fully featured easy calendar options.

Google Calendar integrates seamlessly into all google platforms and OSs, has allowed me to handle appointments and reminders and even import and export from and to icloud calendar for full compatibility.

Google review by Brandon L.
Owner/Designer
Graphic Design

"Google Calendar has saved my life many a time"

What do you like best?

Google calendar constantly improves and it's always saving my butt. From setting appointments to meetings it reminds me and keeps me up to date on my life. Being able to easily invite and add others to schedule meetings and more is fantastic and also to open up areas for meetings or bookings is a great feature that I just started recently using.

What do you dislike?

Ever since the new Google calendar they truly fixed all my previous gripes and so right now, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't yet, you should!

Getting to meetings on time, remembering meetings, calls, being able to keep clients up to par with meetings and calls. Using it to book appointments and have others be able to schedule time with us is very important. The syncing across all devices is fantastic as well!

Google review by Kolson S.
Sales Associate
Apparel & Fashion
(10,001+ employees)

"Nice For Organization and Automation"

What do you like best?

I love how I can tell my Google Assistant on my Google Home Mini or on the iOS app to create an event or a reminder and it's just there. It helps organize everything and when you open the iOS app it only shows days you have appointments. No wasting time scrolling through weeks of open calendars, it just shows you the next appointment you have and I just love it.

What do you dislike?

That it only shows days you have appointments or reminders. It can get confusing just at a quick glance but asking your google assistant about whats on your schedule

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the system and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's always something new to learn and there's no shame in not knowing how to do something or do something more efficiently.

Time management training is a huge plus for this. It keeps me reminded of what's going on in my life and what I can remember and how to remember things more efficiently rather than relying on my phone to keep everything organized. It trains you to remember your appointments but also keeps you well informed and in the loop.

Google review by Connor Y.
Associate Account Manager

"Calendar with all bells and whistles "

What do you like best?

Google calendar seamlessly juggles, organizes, and displays your obligations. It allows you to easily create, edit, and visualize calendar holds. Furthermore, it makes it simple to invite friends and coworkers while keeping track of their attendance. I like it's multi-device functionality, and its integrations with many apps and online services -- it's my go to calendar.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes google calendar can be annoying when coordinating across time zones. It also can be difficult to make it adhere to facebook and iphone settings when using the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you using the google suite of products, this is a must have for any team. It's also great to keep track of your personal calendar at the same time, as you can toggle between this calendar and your work calendar without conflating the two and confusing yourself and others. Test out the functionality on desktop vs. the mobile app, and be wary of integrating with facebook, as it will forever create notifications about peoples' birthdays that you don't care about.

The business problems include keeping track of meetings and appointments, scheduling meetings, and overseeing the calendars of multiple direct reports. Google calendar steps in to help create reminders, effective visualizations, and toggle features to accomplish these goals.

Google review by Davis H.
Operations Manager

"Google Calendar A+"

What do you like best?

I like how easy google calendar is to use on my desktop. I put everything in there; from work meetings to workouts. It is a great way to keep track of all your commitments and measure results - like how many times you worked out last week! The reminders are also extremely helpful. It is very freeing to input all this data into the calendar and not have to worry about it until it reminds you. Very freeing and helps me be a better colleague and friend.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the mobile version. I find it not very intuitive or easy to use. I will keep playing around with it; it may just take some time getting used to. I find the desktop version much easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make this a habit if it is not already! You will thank yourself later. It will make you more punctual, dependable and increase your capacity.

It helps me stay committed to work events and meetings. It helps me be more punctual as it reminds 30 minutes before each event/meeting. Very helpful.

Google review by Kharis A.
Recruiter for Transfer and Graduate Admissions
Higher Education

"Keeps me on track! "

What do you like best?

I love how it syncs across multiple devices, and allows you to keep a track of everything. It allows for easy set up of meetings, particularly when you are not near a computer. It also sends reminders as per your needs or request. It allows for you to keep track of meetings or even set birthday reminders. I love how it can sync so easily, particularly multiple accounts.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I have found it to double sync, which can be battery draining when you receive multiple reminders for the same task or meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love how it allows you to install it across multiple devices and accounts. Moreover, it facilitates easy set up of tasks or reminders or meetings. It even allows you to put in birthdays and anniversary reminders! Not only that, it is inexpensive, more so, free of cost. Google calendar makes time manage meant so easy. It is never laggy or faulty. It always notifies you of tasks or reminders or meetings corresponding to what you chose from the option.

It allows for easy set up of meetings, particularly when you are not near a computer. It also sends reminders as per your needs or request. It allows for you to keep track of meetings or even set birthday reminders. I love how it can sync so easily, particularly multiple accounts. It is so easy to use, despite how technology fearful or savvy you are.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"Live and die by my google calendar "

What do you like best?

Everything. It is super easy to use. Connects to just about everything. I can maintain my personal and work schedules in one area. The my task feature is a life (and paper saver!) It helps keep me organized. I love to color code so I have multiple calendars for my various duties color coded and assigned to various employees. I also use it as a marketing tool linking it to our website so customers can see promotions and store events we have throughout the semester. I track my employees time off requests, as well as, when they leave early or come in late to cross reference that information with their time sheet. I synced my wife's calendar so I know what she and my kids are doing throughout the day. It makes it super easy to schedule meetings with people on campus, and we can also use it to book a space we may need for an event.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found something I dislike about the Google calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love google.

I make all of my employees use the Calendar so that I know what they have going on, when they are available and where they physically are located at any given time. It also helps keep projects on a deadline, reminds employees of yearly/weekly reports or action items as well as helps track time off requests.

Google review by User in Law Practice

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is so easy to use and has so many great features. I like the ability to color-code my events/appointments, the ability to see other's calendars to easily coordinate meetings, and how easy it is to add meetings from my emails. I also like that it's cloud-based, so it syncs across devices and so when you update it on one, it will show on all your devices. And now with my Echo, I'm able to hear all my appointments for the day without having to find my phone first thing in the morning.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always transfer the correct data from emails. But that's a minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that's easy to use and works great for teams.

It allows me to schedule meetings with my team without sending a million emails. Instead, I can see everyone's calendar and easily schedule a meeting. It also sends me an alert when a meeting is upcoming, and allows me to even account for travel time.

Google review by Maggie S.
Virtual Assistant

"Easy To Use Calendar "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to share my calendar with other users. Whether it be family, friends, or coworkers, I can create a calendar with the information they need and we can collaborate to keep up with our schedules. I also like that I can receive and accept an invitation to an "event" on someone else's calendar, and it will automatically add to my own calendar. It is great for use in planning family functions or meetings and conference calls with coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a full calendar is shared with me, it needs to be opened in a separate window and is not automatically an option to be included in my main calendar. I think it would be more user-friendly if it was listed in the main calendar's sidebar, with the other calendars you have created. Then we could choose to toggle the events on and off of our main calendar, rather than opening in a separate window. Overall, however, I think Calendar is a great tool and will continue to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Google Calendar. It offers great features such as creating events, sending invites, categorizing and color-coding events, and sharing events and the calendar with others.

Google Calendar allows me to view what events or meetings my coworkers and family member have on any recorded day, so that I may schedule accordingly. Also, by having the ability to share events, I know who can attend, or if we must reschedule.

Google review by AIMEE B.
Law Enforcement Agent
Law Enforcement

"Rely on this everyday."

What do you like best?

I love that it is so easy to create events. The app is very aesthetically pleasing. I am able to create reoccurring events which helps with my work schedule. I also love that I can share my calendar so easily. Just recently I started sharing with my mom which has helped us coordinate visits. I absolutely use this every single day.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to change the color scheme more.

We use Google calendar instead of Outlook’s calendar because every single employee is comfortable and happy with Google calendar. Some people were not getting invites when using Outlook but now with Google calendar everyone is on the same page.

Google review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Beautiful, intuitive, inclusive"

What do you like best?

I like the way it syncs with our office's conference room organization, I like that it creates phone numbers for each meeting in case you want to call in instead of using an app. I like being able to see when my coworkers are free or not. I like being able to customize how I want events to repeat. I like being able to add reminders.

What do you dislike?

It's really great the way it is. But I'm sure the next release or design update will be amazing. I will say that if I need information about past events, for some reason, the search function never finds the event I'm looking for.

Organizing internal meetings and external, organizing conference room holds, enabling remote work or work across locations, sharing meeting agendas, ease of checking availability of teammates, syncs with Gmail and Google Keep notes easily, easy to copy events from personal calendar to work calendar or vice versa.

Google review by Ava P.
Human Resources Executive
Consumer Services

"Convenient Program"

What do you like best?

There are so many features that I like about Google Calendar but my favorite feature is that it is compatible with all of my other Google programs. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me via my Gmail, I have it set-up so it is automatically synced to my Google Calendar. Also, if I add an event to my Google Calendar, I'm automatically able to access the address in my Google Maps navigation application - making it so easy to navigate and convenient because I'm not typing in the same appointment over several applications.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Google Calendar is that events or invites that are from another platform besides Google aren't always compatible - sometimes they don't open in my Google Calendar at all and sometimes when they do open, the information doesn't sync correctly and I have to always go in manually to ensure that the events synced properly. However, events sent within the Google platform are always synced perfectly to my Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Calendar for several reasons - mainly because it is a free service that is very easy to navigate and user friendly. I also like it because no download is required but an application is available - whatever is most convenient for you. I also recommend it because when something is added to the Google Calendar, an alarm reminder is automatically sent to go off. This is great and is not something that all other calendar programs offer - some other programs make it so you manually have to go in and add an reminder alert - making it easy to forget and overlook. Highly recommend.

Google Calendar has proven to be super convenient for work for several reasons. Mostly, I love using Google Calendar because it is compatible no matter what platform - Windows, IOS, Andriod - I am using. Since I travel a lot for work, I am always using different operating systems. Other calendars that are made especially for certain operating systems don't work across them all, which is a huge reason I rely mainly on Google Calendar. I also rely on Google Calendar a lot because no download is required. For those times when I am not on my compute or device, as long as I have internet access, I am able to easily get to my Google Calendar to ensure nothing is overlooked.

Google review by Michael M.
Help Desk Manager

"Perfect for a Google family"

What do you like best?

We've never had any problems sharing calendars in-office or syncing to other apps, which is NOT always the case with Outlook. Nothing against Office, but in real life actual users know it doesn't always behave the way you want it to. Google is really robust for something that's 100% free.

What do you dislike?

We're a Google family so there would have to be a really fundamental, critical flaw underpinning Google Calendars for us to use something else. There isn't one; the only real quibble I have at the moment is something on Glip's end, not Google's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The settings for adding calendars or subscribing to someone else's via URL are pretty granular and you can really drill down as far into the nitty-gritty as you want. But for the average user, there shouldn't be any issue just firing it up right after you sign in.

We use RingCentral in-house and RC Meetings for video conferencing. When our peers try to schedule a call with us using whatever UCaaS they prefer, half the time the attached file in the e-mail with the invite doesn't work and it's just a big hassle. There's no fuss with Google, it syncs great with what we use.

Google review by User

"Excellent integration, very convenient"

What do you like best?

The product has great integrations. I can add things from my calendar and different sites when I book travel, an event, a meeting, etc., and the data that shows up is generally very accurate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the number on the calendar app is fixed on 31, whereas the Apple iCalendar app number reflects the current date. Sometimes there will be issues on my Apple desktop or laptop where the page will be really glitchy and move on me as I am trying to enter a new appointment/meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have shared calendars on your calendar, make sure when you are created a new event or appointment that you make sure you are posting to the appropriate calendar!

Scheduling with my company, seeing my company's meetings and employees' travel, and for my own personal time management. All of these tasks are made easier through Google Calendar.

Google review by User

"love google calendar"

What do you like best?

i am a sales development representative at datadog. being in sales, i have to use google calendar every whether it's for create meetings with prospects or it's internal meetings. it's absolutely increidble how easy it is to use, and see all your meetings in one place for the whole week, month, etc. the settting and colors are awesome i love pretty much everything about google calendar.

What do you dislike?

so i am using google calendar at datadog.....i am a sales development representative at datadog. being in sales, i have to use google calendar every whether it's for create meetings with prospects or it's internal meetings. the one thing that could be improved is having a better integration with other people's calendars that don't have google and to make sure it appears so that my prospects show up to the meetings i create

Recommendations to others considering the product

love it

love it and im using it to create meetings for prospects to sell datadog

Google review by Deanna S.
VP Design Development

"Love being able to have one calendar "

What do you like best?

Being able to sync my personal and office calendars to one calendar but keep my personal private and my business open to colleagues. Like that my phone and email and any event online can be added to the calendar.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could automatically open in my email page and stay open. I often forget to open it and then end up opening a new tab and having to downsize it.

Quickly adding events and meetings from email. Organizing my schedule onto one view but keeping personal and business separate. Has kept me from

changing meetings I sent when I realized I had a personal or work conflict.

Google review by Natasha R.

"Great tools for creating, sharing and collaborating events and calendars. "

What do you like best?

I really love how I can color coordinates and repeat events easily. One of my most favorite features is that I can automatically email out events for invites. I also love how I can easily set reminders months days weeks even hours and minutes in advance to either go to notification to my phone or as an email.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I just like. Actually I would like to send notifications to my husband not just myself so that would be nice if that was a possibility.

Being able to link multiple calendars and have everybody on the same page as far as timelines and events.

Google review by Denise T.
Campus Missionary
Religious Institutions

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love how comprehensive Google Calendar is. You can create multiple calendars, and can select any combination of calendars to view. There are numerous color options, you can share calendars with other people, and easily drag events to a different day or time once the event is created.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome to create an event on my iphone app. I much prefer creating events on my computer because it's much faster & easier to edit the event. It's also impossible on the iphone app to switch which calendar an event is on once the event is created. You can do this on the computer and I wish that the iphone app offered the same ease of editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using google calendar saves me time, energy and paper! I'd recommend it highly! Definitely make sure to use the weekly / monthly views. I love both for different reasons!

I don't work in an office and move locations multiple times per day for my work. I love that I don't have to carry around a paper day timer, making it easeir & lighter for me to travel from meeting to meeting. I also love that my calendar automatically syncs from my computer to my phone.

Google review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pretty easy to use"

What do you like best?

What I like best is how easy Google Calendar makes it for me to organize my day and stay on top of all my tasks. One feature that I use a lot is color-coding my events so that I know if it's an internal meeting with people in my company or an external meeting with clients. This helps me to know which meetings to prioritize and start preparing for. Def a lifesaver. Also I'm not sure if this is related with Google Calendar but I also do like how Google recently created Tasks... I can open this whenever I'm on any Google software program and check off my to-do list for the day.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose something that I didn't like about Google Calendar it would just be that I have to get notified about every event that is going on and it just pops right up on my screen. I wish there was a way for me to easily select which events I want to get notified up and which events I don't want to get notifications for. This will lead to a lot less clutter on my screen.

The business problems that I'm currently solving with Google Calendars is being able to stay on top of follow-ups with clients. My work consists of day today dealing with client inquiries and client issues and oftentimes organizing a phone call is the quickest way to get the issue troubleshooted. Our clients are across different time zones and by having Google Calendar were able to see what time works best for both of our calendars and quickly schedule it in.

Not only that but the Google Calendar invites are very professional-looking and this is led to clients being very satisfied and pleased with how streamline and above and beyond we are taking our customer service

Google review by David B.
Business strategy manager

"Best online calendar"

What do you like best?

It is by far the easiest online, cloud based calendar to use, may it be for one person or for a whole team. The fact that it can be synced with so many add-ons (Calendly for example) makes it one of the best to use in the market.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes feel that Google has stopped working on it and is not trying to improve it. Also, there is not much client support.

We made the organization within our firm much smoother. We are always attending events and having meetings across the world and Google Calendar makes it a lot easier to set appointments.

Google review by Trenton C.
Online Marketing Manager

"Decent calendar with many integrations"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar seems to easily integrate with many devices. I've had it on both Android and iOS, and usually have a tab open in Chrome.

What do you dislike?

More intermediate actions, such as adding other calendars, can be difficult and unintuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work for an agency this is the go-to calendaring app. No reason not to try it, and best of all it's free!

Google calendar is used by many agencies for scheduling meetings, booking resources like boardrooms, and blocking vacation time off on a shared calendar. It does this all well, as well as interacting well with GMail and syncing to many devices.

Google review by User in Education Management

"Fully integrated calender experience."

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is really multiple calendars in one, coded by color, that can be turned on and off as you look at your upcoming week, so the best part of it is the ability to view other people's calendars, group calendars, business calendars, and your one personal calendar either individually or all on one page. You can "share" your calendar to others as well, which is great for planning meetings and agendas.

What do you dislike?

At this point I haven't had any problems with it enough to complain.. honestly I think the color schemes and designs are not that great to look at, but I also know how to changed them with personalized backgrounds to make them nicer to look at (though I don't to keep it professional).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using other Google communications products, it is a no-brainer to also use their Calendar.

Google Calendar integrates fully with all it's other services, so for business with business Gmail accounts, Google Classroom (online learning courses), and Google Drive, etc, your entire communication needs are built together and work seamlessly. Especially is nice is the ability to set up meetings via email and link directly to both parties to find a time to meet.

Google review by Grace M.
Documentation Manager

"I love Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is my very favorite calendar app--and I've tried them all. I like the way you can create multiple calendars, I like the simple entries, I like the ease of sharing appointments, and I like how it works seamlessly across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really don't like about Google Calendar is that it's hard to sync with other calendars, like Outlook. So, for example, if you have to use Outlook for work, you end up needing a third party tool to make them work together. That's frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anybody use Google calendar, with the caveat that it can be tricky to integrate if you MUST use something else as well.

I use Google Calendar for all of my personal calendaring, and I sync all of my work calendaring onto it as well, so I can use the agenda view and see everything together.

Google review by User in Higher Education

"The perfect business calendar"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to share events with my coworkers via email and the ability to accept, modify, or decline them from there. The email reminders are also very useful because then people have no excuse to not show up to meetings unless something extreme occurs.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much. It's a pretty solid calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the natural language input. It makes creating events that much faster and will save you so much time. Definitely share calendar events with your coworkers even if you verbally agree on a meeting time because having it pop up in their email inbox makes them remember it again. They can also shoot you back an email if something comes up and they can't make the meeting anymore.

I'm able to be more organized because Google Calendar clearly displays my schedule for the week.

Google review by User in Education Management

"Best calendar ever"

What do you like best?

Everything. It can transfer to all my devices so I can keep up with the meetings and appointments. You can color code all the categories you would like and keep those color coded into the calendar. You can even add times, invite people, add attachments etc

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really like everything about the google calendar

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can not live without it anymore. I can remember all my meetings and appointments now and it is all transferable for all my devices. I do it in the work computer and able to see it on my phone, home, anywhere i go

I'm a CPS teacher so it help me to keep up with meetings and to get invited from other teachers/staff. Also i can keep up with all the appointments at the same place (personal and professional)

Google review by Amber H.
Campus and LDHR Administrative Assistant

"Great Community Calendar"

What do you like best?

The ability to share calendars with coworkers. I can see everyone's all at once or just my own depending what I need at the moment.

What do you dislike?

That I can't see calendars shared with multiple emails at the same time.

It has improved efficiency in scheduling meetings. Now when I need to schedule something with a coworker, I can check their calendar, see where we both have open space and send them a few possible times to connect. It also helped to know when was a good time for calls verses text or email.

Google review by Whitney A.

"A very modern and intuitive calendar app"

What do you like best?

I like the Google Calendar layout, which is pleasant to look at and easy to navigate. It alerts me when a meeting or event time is coming up, which is great when I'm having a busy day and really focused in on projects or calls. I like that I'm able to invite people into meetings so that we're both on the same page.

What do you dislike?

I don't like being alerted for a meeting and then having a pop-up message cover up my computer screen. It gets in the way of what I was looking at and working on. It can be frustrating when working on something that's very important and needs my full attention.

Google Calendar helps to keep me organized and allows me to get through my day more smoothly and with less worry. It helps me to plan my day around scheduled meetings and events.