Google Calendar

Calendar. Stay in sync with your team. Shared calendars make it easy to see when people are free. Creating a new event is easy.

Work for Google Calendar?
Ibmnotes calendar  2x

Learning about Google?

Google Calendar Reviews

Ask Google a Question
Showing 103 Google reviews
Google review by <span>Kolson S.</span>
Kolson S.

Nice For Organization and Automation

What do you like best?

I love how I can tell my Google Assistant on my Google Home Mini or on the iOS app to create an event or a reminder and it's just there. It helps organize everything and when you open the iOS app it only shows days you have appointments. No wasting time scrolling through weeks of open calendars, it just shows you the next appointment you have and I just love it.

What do you dislike?

That it only shows days you have appointments or reminders. It can get confusing just at a quick glance but asking your google assistant about whats on your schedule

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the system and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's always something new to learn and there's no shame in not knowing how to do something or do something more efficiently.

Time management training is a huge plus for this. It keeps me reminded of what's going on in my life and what I can remember and how to remember things more efficiently rather than relying on my phone to keep everything organized. It trains you to remember your appointments but also keeps you well informed and in the loop.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Calendar
Google review by <span>Maggie S.</span>
Maggie S.

Easy To Use Calendar

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to share my calendar with other users. Whether it be family, friends, or coworkers, I can create a calendar with the information they need and we can collaborate to keep up with our schedules. I also like that I can receive and accept an invitation to an "event" on someone else's calendar, and it will automatically add to my own calendar. It is great for use in planning family functions or meetings and conference calls with coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a full calendar is shared with me, it needs to be opened in a separate window and is not automatically an option to be included in my main calendar. I think it would be more user-friendly if it was listed in the main calendar's sidebar, with the other calendars you have created. Then we could choose to toggle the events on and off of our main calendar, rather than opening in a separate window. Overall, however, I think Calendar is a great tool and will continue to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Google Calendar. It offers great features such as creating events, sending invites, categorizing and color-coding events, and sharing events and the calendar with others.

Google Calendar allows me to view what events or meetings my coworkers and family member have on any recorded day, so that I may schedule accordingly. Also, by having the ability to share events, I know who can attend, or if we must reschedule.

What Calendar solution do you use?

Google review by <span>Ava P.</span>
Ava P.

Convenient Program

What do you like best?

There are so many features that I like about Google Calendar but my favorite feature is that it is compatible with all of my other Google programs. For example, when an appointment is emailed to me via my Gmail, I have it set-up so it is automatically synced to my Google Calendar. Also, if I add an event to my Google Calendar, I'm automatically able to access the address in my Google Maps navigation application - making it so easy to navigate and convenient because I'm not typing in the same appointment over several applications.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Google Calendar is that events or invites that are from another platform besides Google aren't always compatible - sometimes they don't open in my Google Calendar at all and sometimes when they do open, the information doesn't sync correctly and I have to always go in manually to ensure that the events synced properly. However, events sent within the Google platform are always synced perfectly to my Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Calendar for several reasons - mainly because it is a free service that is very easy to navigate and user friendly. I also like it because no download is required but an application is available - whatever is most convenient for you. I also recommend it because when something is added to the Google Calendar, an alarm reminder is automatically sent to go off. This is great and is not something that all other calendar programs offer - some other programs make it so you manually have to go in and add an reminder alert - making it easy to forget and overlook. Highly recommend.

Google Calendar has proven to be super convenient for work for several reasons. Mostly, I love using Google Calendar because it is compatible no matter what platform - Windows, IOS, Andriod - I am using. Since I travel a lot for work, I am always using different operating systems. Other calendars that are made especially for certain operating systems don't work across them all, which is a huge reason I rely mainly on Google Calendar. I also rely on Google Calendar a lot because no download is required. For those times when I am not on my compute or device, as long as I have internet access, I am able to easily get to my Google Calendar to ensure nothing is overlooked.

Google review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

Perfect for a Google family

What do you like best?

We've never had any problems sharing calendars in-office or syncing to other apps, which is NOT always the case with Outlook. Nothing against Office, but in real life actual users know it doesn't always behave the way you want it to. Google is really robust for something that's 100% free.

What do you dislike?

We're a Google family so there would have to be a really fundamental, critical flaw underpinning Google Calendars for us to use something else. There isn't one; the only real quibble I have at the moment is something on Glip's end, not Google's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The settings for adding calendars or subscribing to someone else's via URL are pretty granular and you can really drill down as far into the nitty-gritty as you want. But for the average user, there shouldn't be any issue just firing it up right after you sign in.

We use RingCentral in-house and RC Meetings for video conferencing. When our peers try to schedule a call with us using whatever UCaaS they prefer, half the time the attached file in the e-mail with the invite doesn't work and it's just a big hassle. There's no fuss with Google, it syncs great with what we use.

Google review by <span>Denise T.</span>
Denise T.

Love it!

What do you like best?

I love how comprehensive Google Calendar is. You can create multiple calendars, and can select any combination of calendars to view. There are numerous color options, you can share calendars with other people, and easily drag events to a different day or time once the event is created.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome to create an event on my iphone app. I much prefer creating events on my computer because it's much faster & easier to edit the event. It's also impossible on the iphone app to switch which calendar an event is on once the event is created. You can do this on the computer and I wish that the iphone app offered the same ease of editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using google calendar saves me time, energy and paper! I'd recommend it highly! Definitely make sure to use the weekly / monthly views. I love both for different reasons!

I don't work in an office and move locations multiple times per day for my work. I love that I don't have to carry around a paper day timer, making it easeir & lighter for me to travel from meeting to meeting. I also love that my calendar automatically syncs from my computer to my phone.

Google review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Fully integrated calender experience.

What do you like best?

Google Calendar is really multiple calendars in one, coded by color, that can be turned on and off as you look at your upcoming week, so the best part of it is the ability to view other people's calendars, group calendars, business calendars, and your one personal calendar either individually or all on one page. You can "share" your calendar to others as well, which is great for planning meetings and agendas.

What do you dislike?

At this point I haven't had any problems with it enough to complain.. honestly I think the color schemes and designs are not that great to look at, but I also know how to changed them with personalized backgrounds to make them nicer to look at (though I don't to keep it professional).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using other Google communications products, it is a no-brainer to also use their Calendar.

Google Calendar integrates fully with all it's other services, so for business with business Gmail accounts, Google Classroom (online learning courses), and Google Drive, etc, your entire communication needs are built together and work seamlessly. Especially is nice is the ability to set up meetings via email and link directly to both parties to find a time to meet.

Learning about Google Calendar?

* We monitor all Google Calendar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.