Do you work for Google Classroom?

Google Classroom Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Classroom?

Classroom is a tool in Google Apps for Education that helps teachers create and organize assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and easily communicate with their classes.

Google Classroom Screenshots

Google Classroom Profile Details

Google Classroom Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Classroom Reviews

1-50 of 519 total Google Classroom reviews

Google Classroom Reviews

1-50 of 519 total Google Classroom reviews
Google Classroom review by Zac L.
Owner
Most Recent Google Classroom Video Review

"All of your instruction can be in one place"

Google Classroom review by Andrea G.
Personal docente
(10,001+ employees)

"Google always surprises its users with good tools like this classrrom is excellent."

What do you like best?

is a good way to evaluate my students, what I like most is that I can assign all kinds of activities, I can prepare my class and share it with my students and only in the classroom we discuss their doubts and arguments, has made my practice teaching a great adventure, where my students are the protagonists.

What do you dislike?

if I have to say something classroom megative is that the only way to access the application is with an email and that is not an application that my students can download and take everywhere they go, it is only communication for when they are on the computer from their house.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Muco has helped me is practical and functional to you too.

It has helped me a lot in my work, I think it is an excellent application designed to improve teaching practice and without a doubt it has achieved, I believe that no teacher can be left out of the technology that is what they are asking for our students and the new society where we live.

Google Classroom review by Rachel W.
Math Teacher

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

It's free!

I love that Google Classroom has allowed our school to significantly cut down on paper usage. Since students can write their papers in Google Docs and submit them via Google Classroom, we no longer need to give students access to printers. If a student needs to print out a picture or an article for a project, they must ask a teacher to do it, which eliminates printing unnecessary things (i.e. 3 pages of ads when an article is only 1 page).

As a math teacher, I love that it provides a place for me to post online resources for students. The newest updates allow posts to be categorized, so I have also included a category of approved math games that students can play when they finish their work. Many online educational resources also sync with Google Classroom so that you can import your students all at once instead of adding their emails individually or waiting until you can give them a class code.

One other feature that is helpful is the ability to schedule a post so that it automatically shows up at a specified date and time.

What do you dislike?

Currently, once you have posted an assignment you cannot "revert to saved draft." If you decide you want to hide it and schedule it for a later date, you need to delete it and recreate it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool! It is not a comprehensive learning management system (LMS), but there is a pilot program that is working to allow schools to incorporate Google Classroom into an LMS.

Google Classroom has allowed us to have online lessons when we have a snow day. Previously, if we used up all of the snow days built into our calendar, we would have to change the end of the school year or take away vacation days. Now, when we have an unexpected extra snow day we can assign work for the students to complete so that we meet the state requirements for total hours of school without changing our school calendar.

Google Classroom review by Nick D.
Teacher

"Google Classroom has made huge strides, but still has work to do"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of integration with other Google products. As a teacher, the last thing you want to concern your students with is the mechanics of finding and submitting their work. You want their user experience to be easy, so they can focus on the actual curricular work. Google Classroom has accomplished that.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much customization built-in, the material design is nice, but sometimes feels too large and boxy, and they still have room to build-in common sense features like collapsable modules in the Classwork section. If you would like to schedule a post across more than one classroom section, that is currently impossible, and is therefore frustrating.

I use Google Classroom to administer tests, quizzes, homework, and projects in my chemistry classes. It makes it easy to assign due dates and "collect" work from students. Grading is also a breeze because of new grading system features that Google has introduced.

Google Classroom review by Julie P.
IIllustrator

"Google Classroom is moving in the correct direction"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Classroom works well as an integrated part of GSuite features and YouTube which makes it easy to create instructional videos, sheets to collect data, and student portfolios using slides.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that our current grade book program and Google Classroom do not work together so grades have to be entered in more than one place. I also do not like that I can not handwrite notes on assignments without switching to another app. I find it frustrating to grade within Classroom. However, this could be due to my lack of training or not having the time to really explore all of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For old-school teachers who do better with assignments on paper, this product could be challenging. for those good with technology, this could definitely be a time saver.

Having one place where all assignment material can be located by all students is convenient. Using Classroom has also reduced the need to make as many copies of materials that the students will need.

Google Classroom review by Danielle S.
Teacher of Business/Technology

"Google Classroom for High School students"

What do you like best?

I like that the students have one place to go for all of their work for the class which makes it easier for them (and less excuses). It is engaging for 21st century students who prefer submitting assignments digitally.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we do not have the ability to customize many features including the stream, and that there is no integration with Google Sites. It does sometimes seem that they could use more educator feedback in developing their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that others considering Google Classroom make a list of what tasks they would like to achieve through such a classroom management software and then research to determine whether Google Classroom meets those needs. Many times the program seems to add features that were not developed by educators and they don't always seem to "get" what we need.

Google Classroom it is eco-friendly creating less paper waste by going digital and is a great communication tool for teachers, students, and parents.

Google Classroom review by Jorge R.
Profesor de educación secundaria

" The most attractive option to give my classes"

What do you like best?

I really like this digital tool that offers google for teachers, because we need to advance in the same way as technology does and our students demand that we be updated to the digital age. With this application I get closer to my students through the network and that they can receive my classes at any time, perform their tasks easily and comfortably at the time they prefer. Simply classroom is great for both teachers and students, you do not need to be an expert to use this tool

What do you dislike?

I really do not find anything negative to say about this program, the only disadvantage I can comment is that some students may have problems with access to the internet or a computer, however in the isntituto where I work there is a computer lab where the students and teachers we can access at any time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully recommended for my teaching colleagues who use this tool as a more attractive teaching and learning strategy and best of all is easy to use and it is free

With classroom I have had more possibility of helping my students outside of my formal hours of classes. I can also make personalized consultations to those young people who require it, besides the students like to receive the information and research that I publish and it becomes more interesting after the real class, and they can also see the results of their grades intact which is a great benefit

Google Classroom review by Harry K.
Learning Technologist
E-Learning
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Best LMS for K12 and small courses"

What do you like best?

The integration with other Google services (eg Calendar, Drive), because it allows to attach files, schedule online sessions and invite your students in seconds.

Students management is pretty good.

The mobile apps are convenient and don't lack functionality that is available on the desktop.

You can drag and drop topics and classwork items in the Classwork page

There is a new Gradebook feature coming up - the beta version looks very promising.

What do you dislike?

The platform can be very basic at times when more advanced functionality is needed.

The feed on the first page of each classroom reminds me of social media feeds sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Google Classroom if you need a simple Learning Management System for your online classroom and have no budget for a paid solution.

It can be advantageous when basic functionality is needed and there is no budget for buying one of the most advanced Learning Management Systems in the market (eg Moodle, Totara, Blackboard, Canvas etc).

Google Classroom review by THOMAS J. B.
TEACHER, COMPUTER SCIENCE

"Google Classroom in Middle School"

What do you like best?

I like Google Classroom for communication, assignment and materials management, and for ease of bringing in outside resources.

What do you dislike?

If I dislike anything, it might be wish it had tools and functionality that I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Classroom will take some patience, some time, definitely some professional development training for all staff asked to implement it.

Then feedback from teaching staff to administration and district will be helpful.

Questions could be: Does the school's administration and central office want data from Google Classroom? Can Google Classroom deliver that? What are any competitors? How should we as a site, as staff, measure (if we even need to) the success of this education management system? Or is it a neutral tool, with no judgement or measurement?

As a public school, middle school educator, Google Classroom solves the problem of communication and collecting student work. I can communicate with students and their parents from within this platform. I can share assignments (projects) and their resources (materials). I can give students feedback on their projects and assignments. My students can easily create and submit their work all within Google Classroom and G-Suite programs like Docs, Sheets and Slides. I can view, type feedback, grade and move to the next student's work quite easily, almost like scrolling through emails. I can email both students and parents. And at the end of the semester and school year, it is like a binder of all the work and communication we all did. Students can comment and surveys can be shared.

Google Classroom review by Janea R.
Chemistry Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for assignment organization."

What do you like best?

This is an excellent tool for students to access and view materials from the classroom such as notes and worksheets. It is all accessible online which cuts back on the amount of paper used in the classroom as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not linkable to my grading program but maybe that can be something to look forward to in the future to help streamline things even further.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, it is honestly so easy and keeps track of assignments for individual students. You can even go all online if the technology is available to you. I love using it for absent students to find their missing assignments but it also good for assigning classwork/homework. It may take time to get used to using it but it is worth the learning process.

It allows me to store assignments and notes for students who are absent so i am not bombarded with the same "what did i miss?" question.

Google Classroom review by Sofia Carolina F.
Docente
(10,001+ employees)

"since I discovered this tool of google, I have not stopped using it."

What do you like best?

This application is very good and very useful for me as a teacher, what I like most is its ease of use, I can address all the students in my class and interact with them, answer their comments, send them homework, reform content, it's a beautiful way of being related at all times and in all places

What do you dislike?

I really think that Google with this application has given me everything I need, there is no detail that I do not like, it is very useful and work for me as a classroom teacher. the only drawback is that it is a tool that should be used with the internet and in some cases some students do not have this constant service and therefore could in some cases delay my expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After using it with my group of students and getting such good results, I recommend it, because I know that it will go well for you as well as me, it is very good to embed in this technological world, and boost education to another level.

thanks to google clasrrom I have had many benefits as a teacher, today young people are 100% involved with technology and it is a good way to reach them, I as a teacher of mathematics, I must manage many ways to grow motivation in them of this specific area, since many consider it to be a very difficult area and are already predisposed to learning, using the technology that this application provides me. I have obtained a lot of motivation from my students. Every day their effort and improvements are noticed when reaching the goals. proposals.

Google Classroom review by Larry M.
Adjunct Math Professor
Education Management

"Very flexible and useful for individual classes taught anywhere, independent of the school's system"

What do you like best?

You can set multiple classes and organize the teaching structure as you want it. You can assign tasks at will, setting deadlines for completion. the system can automatically grade based on completing the task, or you can post your own grades. You can share files, provide instructions and communicate easily with all the students as a group, or individually.You don't need separate credentials, you can use your existing gmail account. It is free.

What do you dislike?

The overall visual presentation of the structure you set and the students names etc is not very intuitive or attractive. Even for a minimalist type design it lacks some pizzas to make you enthusiastic about using it. It is very functional, but it stops at that. It doesn't have any extras that a teacher might like, e.g. some way to involve parents, attendance, discipline etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Keep in mind that all students that you have in class must have a gmail account and be able to use it/access it at home too.

Easy way of assigning tasks in almost any kind of class settings. I am using it for Computer Sciences & Physics classes, but my colleagues are using it for Reading, Literature, Writing etc. Very useful to keep everyone up to task and see how timely the assignments are solved.

Google Classroom review by Sharla E.
Virtual Assistant

"Does What I Need"

What do you like best?

I love that it makes it easy for me to reuse an assignment that I've created. One of the biggest pieces for me is "by book" sections so the assignments need to be repeated for 14 different books with small tweaks and this is super easy in Google Classroom.

What do you dislike?

There are some basic functions that have been "in processing" for what seems like forever, like a badge system. These would make it much more dynamic and the kids would get more out of it with a little more capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are ways around the things it does not do. The fact that is is based in Google makes it easier to manage if your system is on google instead of Microsoft but there is so much integration available. I love that I can have kids link to Drive or Docs, they can submit forms, or work on presentations and it is all readily available. You just have to play a little bit in order to do some of the weirder stuff, like the aforementioned badges.

It makes collaboration as a teacher really easy. I love that my teacher of record and I (a student teacher) can work on things when we are apart and when I am not yet in the classroom full time. I can also see what my kids are up to on days I am not there.

Google Classroom review by User

"Google Classroom. Tu aula virtual"

What do you like best?

Es una plataforma ideal por su intuitiva que te permitirá gestionarla al docente sin dificultades y encantará a los estudiantes por vanguardista interfaz.

Además es realmente útil, ya que te permite organizar tus cursos desde esta plataforma en línea que no requiere ningún tipo de inversión por parte del centro de estudios, pues Google la ofrece gratuitamente.

Con Google ClassRoom podrás mejorar en comunicación con ellos y en ofrecer recursos como apuntes, presentaciones y ejercicios desde un repositorio de datos centralizado, con espacio ilimitado en una cuenta de Google Drive.

Ganas en control, porque podrás crear tareas y comprobar que alumnos la han entregado a tiempo.

Lo único que necesitas es un navegador y conexión en línea.

What do you dislike?

Al ser una plataforma en línea es obvio que si hay fallas en la conexión, ese día tendremos problemas con ClassRoom.

No te permite crear grupos de usuarios para otorgar derechos y permisos sobre los documentos a editar y hay que ir uno por uno.

También se echa en falta la posibilidad de agregar padres o tutores, ya que si se trabaja con menores de edad, ellos deberían estar presentes en este tipo de plataforma.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Genial plataforma de organización de aulas y centralizar recursos educativos digitales.

Al grupo de docentes que la utiliza nos ayudó a centralizar los recursos necesarios en clase y facilitó la metodología de trabajo en el aula. Los alumnos también están contentos porque les es más fácil estudiar y preparar los exámenes y comunican mejor con sus profesores. Además, según me comentaron los del equipo de implantación, va incluido en el paquete de Google Apps for School, que se oferta gratuitamente en escuelas, academias, institutos y universidades. Con lo cual, no afecta al capital del centro.

Google Classroom review by Dariana C.
Profesora de inglés

"Very useful tool to create and manage eLearning courses"

What do you like best?

I have a while using Google Classroom and I really like it, I like a lot this online platform to manage my online courses because it is very easy to use and accesible to my students, I use it communicate with them, leave homework and extra material for them to study.

This platform is very accesible for all of my devices, I access by Google Chrome so there is no waste of time. I love that I can share my files directly form Drive, so my students can access directly from their Drive account in order to see and keep the files I shared them. Also, I can edit and personalize the desktop as I wish.

Creating an assignment is easy and I can know immediately who has or hasn't delivered the homework and leave the a feedback inmediately. Also, I can organize all of my courses and rename them according to my needs, Finally, I instaled to extention of Google Classroom in my Chrome account, that way is even easier to access to the platform,

What do you dislike?

There are some things that I do not like that much about Google Classroom. For instance, If you want to work with this platform it is mandatory to use Google services to manage your resoures easier, Unfortunatelly, this virtual classrom does not connect with Google Calendar so I cannot schedule assigments in my calendar. FInally, I have to give permision to each student separately if they need to edit a document, it could be a problem if you have a lot of students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should give Google Classrom a try if you want to start giving classes online. In my opinion, this is the platform to start in the eLearning world because it has all the basic features you need to manage your coueses. With the time you will realize if this platform keeps working for you or if you need to change to other tool.

I use this tool to communicate and share material with my students. I provide them with assignments, extra material, links, videos all kind of information they need in order to cover the content of each module I teach them.

Google Classroom review by Heeralal B.
Teacher English Foreign Language
Primary/Secondary Education

"Communication inside and outside the classroom."

What do you like best?

I like Google classroom because it allows me to contact my students outside of class hours to reinforce their knowledge as well as send and receive assignments through this application, I also love the bulletin board that owns the software because I always publish the activities, the notes and reminders of the evaluations which has allowed my students to improve a lot.

What do you dislike?

I consider that this software needs to include the representatives, because they also play an important role in the educational process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a teacher I recommend this application for constant communication between teachers and students inside and outside the classroom, because it is very useful in the educational field, it is very easy to use and totally free.

This application has greatly benefited me, since since I use it my students have improved markedly, since now they prepare their tasks on time and prepare for the class of the classroom with the exercises and the tasks that are public through this software, in addition It has allowed me to review the tasks of my students in real time, which allows me to save time.

Google Classroom review by Lawerence C.
Social Media Specialist

"Google Classroom is wonderful"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom for teachers is easy to set up and easily used by students. Teachers can have all the information and assignments in the classroom in one place. Students can access their studies or assignments from anywhere, if they have the Internet.

What do you dislike?

It would be useful to have more sections so that students do not have to scroll through so many assignments. Although there are different tabs, it would be nice to have some additional categories. Customizable notification seems to be handy. I need to receive notifications for certain classes, I do not want to receive them for everyone. At the moment, there is only the ability to receive everything or turn everything off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for the digital classroom or for the tasks that you want the students to type.

The Google class is a great way to ensure that all students have access to the assigned materials, digital copies of homework assignments, and access to resources used in the classroom. This can save a lot of time and headaches for lost worksheets and students who say they do not know about the timing or upcoming tests!

Google Classroom review by Damion W.
Marketing Manager
Biotechnology

"Perfect for both me and my students"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom is easy to use. It allows you to conduct dialogues with students. If you are already familiar with Google products, you will easily understand this interface. Deep integration with Google services. It is easy for you to send students links, documents or videos.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to automatically create a video conference or chat with my students. There is no way to connect third-party services to extend the functionality. There is also a problem with checking homework, the program does not have complex mathematical symbols, and photos are difficult to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system has all the possibilities for a good organization of online learning. If you do not have time to understand the complex LMS for a long time, you definitely should try Google Classroom.

I create and publish course assignments and examinations. Also, we forward homework. I like this service for both me and my students.

Google Classroom review by Jordan S.
teacher

"classroom for teachers"

What do you like best?

Organizationally it is easy to see the student's work and has it all in the same spot. You can share websites on the fly with students by pushing them out to them instantly. The assignment function is really helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

The constant updates are somewhat frustrating as it seems to happen overnight without notification, but they are intuitive so it is easy to pick up on the new layouts or functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the google training as there are lots of functions that can get lost if you haven't use them before.

Having 1 place where all announcements and assignments are housed is great so that people know where to find the necessary information. It is nice to have all of the grades in one spot and it eliminates the need for paper copies of everything and can allow for collaboration for the kids on shared assignments.

Google Classroom review by Carolyn G.
4th Grade Teacher

"Great for Classrooms of All Ages"

What do you like best?

I use google classroom with my fourth graders and it is a really efficient way to share links and information with my students. I use it most often to send all students the same link and information rather than sending it via e-mail or verbally sharing it.

What do you dislike?

The use of assignments aren't as clear to younger students as older ones. They don't fully understand how to access, complete and mark finished assignments in google classroom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the age of your students and what tasks you would have them complete when using this product. For elementary aged students it is best used to disseminate information and share links.

This has solved the inefficient use of e-mail for sharing links with my students. The benefit is that it is time saving. It also prevents students from having to copy a link into their browser from the board which is often not accurately done.

Google Classroom review by Cesar C.
Docente asociado

" Tool that allows the organization of educational process in an efficient way"

What do you like best?

What I like about Google Classroom, is that it is a tool that allows a better interaction between the teacher and its students, sharing an endless amount of resources provided by the Google platform; To facilitate and optimize learning, in this tool the teacher organizes the activities of a section, on a specific subject, allowing to structure the time as a function of the activities and generating a calendar where the classes are described, the tasks also allows to present and download a set of documents attached or downloaded from the google drive or using the you Tube platform that in a simple way allows to reinforce the content of the classes taught.

What do you dislike?

The problem of the tool is based on the elements of interaction between the students and the teacher, since the interaction is public or at least of the guests that the administrator decides that they are in the class and in this sense some students have limitations with the use of google. there are also difficulties with the videos of you Tube slow to load and the students complain that they can not see them, the other element that stands out is the linearity with which the tasks are created, elements of social networks must be included to make it more attractive for students with particular interests google books should be by default according to the theme created for the class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My insistence is that you must add those successful attributes that social media platforms have for users to use the product habitually and naturally

The tool solves a communication problem on the one hand and allows to complement the activities after school with access to documents and videos that reinforce the activity, also allows you to have clarity of the important dates of the course especially with the evaluations and allows to create collective of learning among the active members of the class.

Google Classroom review by Rosemary R.
Faculty
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy-to-use LMS for teachers and students!"

What do you like best?

I am a high school computer science teacher. I've used Moodle and Canvas as my learning management systems before, but they were complicated and did not have a speedy grading system. Plus, I had to do lots of hand-holding while showing my students how to navigate the site. Google Classroom is the opposite: it's easy for my students to learn, easy for me to learn, and has great snapshot views of work they have submitted. I can see all of their work instantly on a single webpage!

What do you dislike?

There are some features that Google Classroom does not include. You cannot choose a custom color for the menus and accents, it chooses a color automatically based on the cover photo you choose/upload. This isn't a big problem for me, but it would be nice to use my school's official colors instead of one that is just similar. Also, there is no option to edit the HTML on the page like you can in some other LMS options. This can be limiting, but is overall not a very big factor for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple, easy-to-use learning management system for both yourself and your students, try Google Classroom! It's completely free for everything, no extra add-ons that you or your students have to pay for, ever. You can keep the accounts infinitely as far as I know, so your students' work is always there. Each student has a Google drive folder created for them, and I haven't had a student delete their work yet, so it's still there if I need to look at it! All they need is a Google account, which is also easy to create if they don't have one.

I have a Google Classroom for each of my class periods, which means I have seven right now. I am also a member of one other Google Classroom made up of AP Computer Science teachers, where we share ideas for teaching our lessons and help each other. It simplifies everything to have Google Classroom as the LMS for all of my classes, because I don't have to upload files to multiple sites for different classes. I'm spending a lot less time grading as well, since I can see all of the work my students submit in preview mode on a single webpage, with the gradebook built in on the side. I love that feature!

Google Classroom review by Kelsey S.
Graduate Student
Higher Education

"Great tool for the classroom (but not yet ideal for group work)"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the integration with the Google Suite, allowing the option to attach a single Google Doc and select the option to make a copy for each student. Every student then has a copy to work on directly and turn in as their own.

What do you dislike?

At the time of this review, Google Classroom isn't currently built for group work (that is, there is no way to assign group projects where students can all work collaboratively on an assignment and turn in a single product). My students continually complain about this given the structure of our lab and the assignments. You can work around this, but it's cumbersome and a bit aggravating for the students working together.

I've used Google Classroom as both a student and a teacher. It's a great platform to organize announcements, assignments, and other class info (and superior to Blackboard in my opinion). It integrates with the rest of the Google Suite, allowing you to directly attach Google Docs and Sheets as assignments and materials.

Google Classroom review by Diana G.
Science Teacher
Education Management

"Useful for keeping students up to date on assignments"

What do you like best?

I like that you can set specific times for tasks to be done or assignments to be turned in. It can help pressure students into using class time to finish their tasks or have them show up as turned in late--this works well for students who tend to waste time in class but would need to be adjusted for students who need extra time on tasks/have IEPs with that stipulation.

What do you dislike?

It was confusing for me to have my own drive folders (where I already have classroom materials set up) and have additional Google Classroom drive folders where I am expected to put classroom documents. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works well for teachers who deal with a lot of student absences--it is easy to point students to Google Classroom than trying to send separate emails/photocopies for everything they missed.

As mentioned above, it helps students have a time deadline for classwork so they don't waste time and it helps students who have been absent to easily scroll through the classroom posted documents and tasks to see what they've missed.

Google Classroom review by Amrit C.
Substitute Teacher
(10,001+ employees)

"Excellent product - very helpful for students"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. I can add PowerPoints, videos, classworks, presentations, and incorporate quizzes and other materials to provide a virtual classroom for students.

What do you dislike?

Google classroom has to be used while on a computer and requires internet access most of the time. While power and internet outages don't happen as much, they can and we have to rely on alternate methods. It also has to be used on a computer which can be a distraction for students - even if certain sites are already blocked.

There is no "one way" a student learns. Many students do not have the opportunity to go back and process information at their own pace. Google Classroom provides the opportunity for students to sit back and not worry about taking notes (which some may argue is problematic, because physically copying notes down may positively correlate with memory retention), but instead, process information and ask meaningful questions that not only show understanding, but expands upon the information presented. It also wastes less paper, and purchasing Chromebooks and doing the repairs is much less costly than printer/copier maintenance and paper/ink purchases.

Google Classroom review by Katelyn G.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great concept, but not user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom is an amazing concept - a place to connect teachers and students using the incredible G-Suite. I like being able to share copies of Docs/Slides to my students efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way you have to scroll endlessly to find things. Yes, there are "Topics", but that is the only way to break-down/organize the different assignments, announcements, and quizzes I post. I would love to see a tile system or something that looks like Canvas. Simplifying technology negates one of the biggest benefits of having 1:1 initiatives in schools - learning how to maneuver through the digital world. My biggest complaint would have to be GRADING the Docs/Slides that my students submit on Google Classroom. It sometimes feels like it takes an eternity to load each file. I'd love a preview-style window on the Grades screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Classroom is worth using, but if, like me, you are required to use it versus another program, you will find flaws and shortcomings quickly.

I use two Classrooms, one is dedicated to quizzes/responses just to keep my main Classroom less cluttered. I also use the Announcement feature to post and update any classroom information (passwords, codes and links to certain websites, etc.) so that my students can find it easily.

Google Classroom review by Bill B.
Owner
Graphic Design

"Google Classroom - the way school will be taught 5 years from now..."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to assign projects to students all at once. I am able to reach all of my students - even if they were absent. They receive a notification from google when a new assignment or directions are posted. Also, I really like the fact that google date stamps when the student turns in their project.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to think of something to dislike. Maybe that it takes a little trial and error to get the hang of the software and to figure out how to best implement it, but after that, I think it is a GREAT asset to any teacher at any level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to get to understand how this tool works and you will be glad you did! Assignments, quizzes, grading - all in one!

It has removed the need to repeat instructions to each group of students throughout the day, and it makes grading a lot easier. The data can be downloaded and imported into our digital grading system.

Google Classroom review by Sagar C.
Senior Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Amazing features for students as well as Teachers"

What do you like best?

This software is owned and operated by Google itself. So, it is very good to have one software of this type which is used for teaching students as well as managing their work in an academic year. This software provides organized the way to communicating with students and teachers. This software provides the feature of online project or work submission in given deadline.

What do you dislike?

The software doesn't provide an option for online quiz test like Edmodo. If it will support this feature in future then It will become the best software for the teachers as well as students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy and fast tool. For better community building, just go for it.

For my company, I am using this software for collaborating with students that which time the competition of hackerRank is available and also what will be asked as well as preparation material for competitive programming.

Google Classroom review by Aleesa P.
Elementary School Teacher

"Google Classroom"

What do you like best?

I love being able to share something in one place for my entire class. I can share one document that we all can collaborate on at the same time. I can also create a template for all students to use and google classroom has the option of making one copy for each student. It will then also organize it all into folders for me in my google drive.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to assign something to groups of students more easily. For example it I want students in groups of 4 it would be nice to be able to assign something to them without everyone having to do a bunch of sharing with each other to make it happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a user of google docs or other google products in your classroom then this is a must have! The ability to assign kids documents and have them sorted into folders for me with their names on it has been a HUGE time saver! No more having each kid create a document and then share it with me and then I had to create a folder and move them all to that folder.

Organization! Any time I want a student to type an assignment I can assign the whole class a blank document with a title and as each student picks up the assignment it is automatically organized into the appropriate assignment folder for me in my google drive! Easy distribution of google docs/slides/etc. as well as web links I want my students to use.

Google Classroom review by Jessica T.
Instructional Assistant
Education Management

"Great Way to Communicate with Students as well as Parents"

What do you like best?

I love that you can communicate with students. It keeps track of all communication which helps keeps all parties; students, parents, and teachers accountable while being a resource you can access anywhere. I can assign work and students can turn in work all in one place. You can add a date due and it notifies the students if they have missing assignments.

What do you dislike?

There's truly not much I dislike. I do wish there were more ways to communicate or share work with parents, maybe once a child's assignment becomes late work, it sends an email to the parent as well as the child that they have work they have yet to turn in. Obviously, make it toggle sort of thing but it would be nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really does make a difference in the way you are able to teach and share information with your students. You have so many options for including and adapting different google programs into the classroom that it really makes it wonderful!

I am able to reach parents and children which helps communication in my classroom. I love that I can now take attendance, make a survey, assign assignment, add grades, and communicate with my students all in one place.

Google Classroom review by Jennifer K.
Librarian
Primary/Secondary Education

"Saving Trees and Trips to the Printer, One Digital Assignment at a Time!"

What do you like best?

In a teacher's life, time is precious. Google Classroom enables teachers to stay at their desks and simply add digital assignments onto a classroom stream and have their students complete them. There is no more running to the printer and wasting time and paper, and if you're like me, spending another ten minutes fighting with the printer from you-know-where.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that copying assignments from class to class is a little tricky to figure out. Even though I've done it multiple times now, I still forget exactly which buttons I have to click and in what order.

As a school, we are saving paper, and I am able to get things done in half the time of using paper copies. We are eliminating storage space that needs to be kept for paper assignments as well. Plus, there is no more losing student assignments, because they are all housed on the classroom stream.

Google Classroom review by Marielle E.
Education Management

"Adding Dimension to my classroom....beyond the walls"

What do you like best?

I love that I can upload resources in different places depending on whether I want them to be accessible always or if I want it to remain in the stream and move down as we move on. I also like that my students can access the classroom resources and materials even if they have to be away from our physical classroom. I love that I can set up choice activities or additional challenges for students beyond direct instruction. STudents can submit responses and upload documents and I can find them and respond to them in a single place. I can see who has and has not done the assignment.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the scoring is not standards-based or proficiency-based. A's and 0-100 are out of date and not effective. I would like to be able to give summative and formative feedback - allow resubmissions and have students be able to upload multiple times so that we can see their growth over time- like into a digital portfolio. If each student could have a folder in each assignment that allowed for dated submissions and a proficiency score (4 distinguished, 3 proficient, 2 emerging, 1 minimal) with the ability to attach standards from the common core- that would be amazing! I also don't like that we are limited to who can join our classroom. I want to connect with homeschool students who are not part of our district or with students and teachers from all over the world. I am currently limited to collaborating only with teachers inside my district and students must be a part of my school roster. I want to connect with anyone and everyone in my classroom.

We have a problem with attendance due to illness, appointments, or other reasons beyond the school's control. Still, we have high expectations for our students and schools. We need students to be able to stay caught up, get timely feedback and look reflective at their work over time. The classroom has created the opportunity to connect students to instruction regardless of where they are sitting.

Google Classroom review by Claudia L.
teacher
Education Management

"Google Classroom Will Transform the Way You Teach!"

What do you like best?

The most amazing thing about Google Classroom is that you can upload color documents and share these documents with your students...without having to pay for expensive color prints! Plus, Google Docs creates a copy of your document for EACH student. You don't have to do a thing. This way, each and every student can annotate and write all over THEIR copy of the document. This saves a lot of trees and a lot of time for the teacher. You can also upload videos.

What do you dislike?

I have to be honest; I don't dislike anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure you get trained on how to best utilize Google Classroom. There are so many features available to the teacher that unless you get properly trained, you may miss these amazing features. You could easily find training on YouTube or on Google itsel.

Finding the time to make copies for 45 students is difficult. Many times the school's copiers are broken or just being used. Google Classroom allows me to be spontaneous and meet the needs of my students, even if it's at the last minute. I'm also able to differentiate assignments without students knowing. I can assign different things to different students all within the same class.

Google Classroom review by Connie L.
Project Manager

"Google classes give a clear way to work."

What do you like best?

Good and Fast work. I like that this classes really did a lot of for us. Gives rights to know and pick up more information. I like to tell a lot about presentation and a very good way to share it. Doesn't keep me to work on it in one fixed place. A good way to use it everywhere where I would like or can.

What do you dislike?

Good that I have more powerful work for all my audience. Always good work in classes. Much better to know that a lot of people like it. Also,you can easily use any favorite advice to access it. I don't have any bad cons with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is very good for all audience. Good and simple way to work. Very clever and bright to know all steps about everything that we are doing. Good controlling system. Good that it is very useful for all audience.

I'm working on this software almost every day. And I would like to say that it is really very powerful tools to have at work. I really feel that I can be like a glue with my audience. Very good working software which allow us to work with the audience at a big distance.

Google Classroom review by Alicia T.
6th Grade Math/Literacy and Jr. High ESL Teacher; 2017-18 Teacher Leader Advisory Group Member

"Google Classroom"

What do you like best?

Google Classroom helps keep my class activities organized for myself just as it does for students. I post daily announcements or assignments which helps students and parents know exactly what is going on in class each day, especially when students have been absent. It also is a great resource for students to check back with to find previous material for reference purposes. I can link external sites to posts, like quizlet, wizer.me, etc. so every student knows exactly what to get started on as they come into the classroom each day. I have also made assignments that students have had to turn in on google classroom. That makes grading much less cumbersome. I do not have to go through a ton of emails from students or carry a ton of papers home. I can log into google classroom, open student work, grade it, then return it to them, in addition to providing feedback. Google Classroom is a very useful tool, both with students and teachers.

What do you dislike?

When grading items, google classroom only gives me an option of having the score out of 100. I do not convert all of my assignments to scores out of 100. I record them out of the total points, so I wish that could be editable. Additionally, I wish I could schedule an assignment to post to multiple classrooms at different time periods. Right now, to post an exam, I have to post to all classrooms at once then go in and edit each class's assignment post to have it only available during that particular class's period. That is a time waster. I also wish there was a "do not turn in" setting or option for assignments. Sometimes I post assignments for external links like wizer.me or quizlet, which does not require students to turn anything in on classroom. Still, because there is no option to have a "do not turn in" setting, students will turn those in and fill my inbox with emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn by doing. Go in, create a classroom, and experiment. You will learn as you go, and you will love it. So many external sites offer direct posting to google classroom that it really makes it easy to use, too, when you want to link to quizlet or wizer.me, etc.

Communication issues are instantly resolved when using classroom. I can refer parents or students back to a post on classroom. Using google classroom helps everyone's organization skills. Parents of ADD kids have said the posts are a great help.

Google Classroom review by Sabrina M.
Science and Math Educator
Education Management

"Great for Organizing Assignments"

What do you like best?

Students can access links, articles, worksheets as well as submit assignments. I can ask a simple bell ringer and look at the answers and students can also view others answers. It is a great tool for collaboration. It is useful for when students are absent, they can access it anywhere. I can upload powerpoints, videos, worksheets, pdfs. It doesn't matter what it is, I can upload it. This flexibility is awesome. It is more flexible than my website is.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes students get lost and cannot find where things are. Is it in the about? Or ? So can be confusing at first. Be sure to be clear about how to log in with your students. Be sure that they know how to access Classroom from their drive. It makes it simpler for them then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really a great tool for housing your course curriculum and to encourage collaboration among your students. I really love that parents can also see at home what students are working on. It takes the place of my website. It is like my own private LMS. It is nicely organized and students can have multiple classrooms for multiple teachers and teachers can have multiple classrooms. It really is innovative.

When students are absent, they can still participate in the class.

Google Classroom review by Amelia S.
Academic Tutor
Education Management

"Google Classroom is the best"

What do you like best?

The best feature is that it is free and easily available to everyone! It has allowed me to create an amazing tool over which I can share knowledge with a lot of other students. It helps me stay organized and stay connected with all of my students. It also lets me post youtube videos which is awesome because I incorporate those a lot in my tutoring sessions.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if they provide more templates in which we can share the content because I feel that it is very limiting. Some of my students end up missing the assignment because they cannot find it in the stream as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Classroom is very user-friendly and I would highly recommend it!

I use it to stay connected with my professors and tutees at University. It is definitely very helpful and it is easy to transfer data as it is all linked to my google account anyway.

Google Classroom review by Samantha H.
E-Learning

"Google Classroom is perfect for a virtual setting or flipped classroom!"

What do you like best?

There are so many features that I love; it's hard to pick just one. The ease of use would definitely be high on the list for both the teacher and students. The ability to create discussion boards in a safe setting for only students in the class, allowing the ability to submit assignments directly into the classroom and posting information for students to view are also high on the list of the great features available.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about Google Classroom yet. In my program, all students are given chromebooks, so the ease of use is phenomenal. However, I know in some flipped classrooms, not all students have access to computers. However, if they have a library nearby, they can easily access Google that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the use of Google Classroom for virtual teachers or those teachers in a brick and mortar setting desiring to flip their classroom or give the students the ability to work on projects and other classwork from home.

With students in a virtual setting, they are not able to communicate often with one another or collaborate on projects. If they do, they may use more social networking which isn't as private. In a Google classroom, students are able to work in a safe setting with their peers easily.