Google Cloud Dataflow

Cloud Dataflow is a fully-managed service for transforming and enriching data in stream (real time) and batch (historical) modes with equal reliability and expressiveness.

Work for Google Cloud Dataflow?

Learning about Google Cloud Dataflow?

Google Cloud Dataflow Reviews

Ask Google Cloud Dataflow a Question
Showing 21 Google Cloud Dataflow reviews
Google Cloud Dataflow review by Anibal R.
Anibal R.

"Excellent software to simplify many operations"

What do you like best?

I like it because you can do many important things like simplify operations, also manage, transform data in a very special way. Also, you have a variety of how to implement each tool in this software. The credit that they give to be employed in Google Cloud is good because we learn even more how to handle this tool that for all of us who use it is essential.

What do you dislike?

The part that you have to pay but it is only this because of the rest is exceptional software with unique things that make Google Cloud Dataflow excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they use it, it is good for this type of cases like storage, simplify and manage data, etc.

Storage of many data

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Dataflow

"Powerful Machine Learning"

What do you like best?

There are users that require immense computing power to create. Google Cloud Platform can provide that without taxing valuable resources. With this, companies can offer the best graphics, images, and videos to their clients and to their audiences without sacrificing a pixel or a frame.

What do you dislike?

GCP docs sometimes miss information on the interactions between components, e.g. preemptible instances, autoscaling, rolling updates, and the HTTP load balancer. Sometimes the docs will give you one sentence, and leave you to figure out all of the implications. AWS docs can be overly verbose, but they are usually quite good at documenting integration with other features and services.

GCP has quite a different product philosophy to AWS. When new GCP features and resources are released into general availability, they are usually very high quality. This is in contrast to AWS where it can sometimes feel like you are the first person to use a feature. A quote I have seen which rings true to me is “Google’s Beta is like AWS’s GA”.

GCP also has done well with integrating their different services together. GCP provides a smaller set of core primitives that are global and work well for lots of use cases. Pub/Sub is probably the best example I have for this. In AWS you have SQS, SNS, Amazon MQ, Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Data Firehose, DynamoDB Streams, and maybe another queueing service by the time you read this post. GCP has Pub/Sub. Pub/Sub seems flexible enough to replace most (all?) of AWS’ various queues. (Disclaimer, I haven’t used Pub/Sub yet, just looked at its documentation).

What Big Data Processing and Distribution solution do you use?

Google Cloud Dataflow review by Bill W.
Bill W.

"Very easy accessibility "

What do you like best?

With Dataflow, I can, with the touch of a button, turn on hundreds of computers working in concert to make a task that would have taken me hours on my laptop run in minutes. I do this with virtually zero understanding of the underlying technology - all I know is that if I write my transforms like so, then it works. As long as my task is amenable to the parallelization process, the only thing I have to do to go from thousands of records to billions of records is change how many workers I decide to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a better graphic interface

Analyzing data

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Higher Education

"Overall a good program, could work with custom services though"

What do you like best?

Google Cloud Dataflow has a great support system built into it. Whenever you are in doubt, there always seems to be someone there to help. The system works very quickly and can handle large amounts of data/documents.

What do you dislike?

Google has always been my go-to search engine and so I went with the Cloud Dataflow expecting nothing short of the best. However, at times sharing data with other systems has proven to be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've realized that a lot of the space is used up on unnecessary things, other programs might be better at the use of space, although this is definitely up to interpretation for each individual program.

I am saving a lot of time with this system as it streamlines many processes. Running Apache Beam jobs is a benefit with the system.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Cheap and Great service"

What do you like best?

I have used this service for at least one year and I liked the ease of work and

What do you dislike?

To be realistic, there is no service in the world without some errors, but according to my experience with Google Cloud services, you can solve your problems through the support team available always, in my case ididn't face any problem while using this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

just give it a try you will be amazed with quality of this service, you can save the time and the money as well

I got frankly many features that can not be said in a very short and since I am a simple person I will disclose the thing that I was comfortable it the costs, its very cheap and it worth a try

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easily Navigated"

What do you like best?

The question should instead be, "What do I not like best?" The answer is simply nothing. I thoroughly enjoy using all the features of this software and have found that even its basic features are capable of making your work like so much more organized. Not only is it easy for upper level management to learn the software, they have made it fairly simple enough to train employees with minimal error.

What do you dislike?

There are no aspects of this software system that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend staying with the product and learning all that you can about the different features and ways to integrate them into your company.

Exporting internal memory to an external drive that can be accessed from locations other than the main unit.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Manage Your Data Easier"

What do you like best?

The analytics are top notch for anyone in logistics and I can see how this would be helpful in other realms that require systems on a large scale.

What do you dislike?

It can be tough to start learning about the process of using google cloud. It learns as you go so it can take a while to get stsrted, but well wprth the wait.

We were solving organization and keeping consistency among the various locations and branches within my company. Cloud based services makes it easy to have a centralized location.

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

It’s not complex and it’s actually very easy to use. It’s much more simple than other software programs that I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes while being ran, it can run a wee bit slow but it’s safe to blame that on the systems WiFi for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy product to use

I use this daily in conjunction with a Stackdriver which has made my workload so much lighter paired together. Gives you a plethora of different windows that you can easily navigate.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"It Offers So Much"

What do you like best?

This product is a bit better than its competitors. Having the Google company in the background of this product truly makes it work for my needs. The operational support they provide is unparalleled.

What do you dislike?

Thete’s not much to dislike. A little buggy at times, but always room for improvement in any product.

With Dataflow, I can very easily flip Many computers working in unison to make a task, that would have taken me a huge chunk of time on my desktop, run in minutes.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by Administrator

"Machine Learning via using Google Cloud Platform"

What do you like best?

We get a lot of easy and quick features with Google Cloud and it is best for the Developers like me. It allows you to make your own APP, API, Interface etc

What do you dislike?

Google Cloud is the best among other competitors in the market, however, it's not quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best and future of the technology.

We are working on multiple platforms like, Blockchain, Machine Learning and Data Science and we are developing our own platform for Real State industry.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Computer Software

"Working on google clouds provide the best managing and easy to implement."

What do you like best?

There are various range of solution is present for every cases we need. Various web ui and application design makes project work very good. Prices for this also low which makes us to continue to use them. We also done various projects live and maintenance works very well.

What do you dislike?

There are various limits for things which attachment and description s and some time found difficult to send the thing.

Live projects sharing and maintenance helps.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"CLOUD DATAFLOW"

What do you like best?

Cloud Dataflow is very easy to manage service in real time don't have to worry about complicated solutions to do what I need.

What do you dislike?

I did not know about it until recently. I love it, I just wish I knew about it sooner

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the feature that allows you to controls of computers at one time

Point of sale analysis and fraud protection

"Review of Product"

What do you like best?

This is a great software as it allows my data to such across many devices.

What do you dislike?

I don't like when files get deleted and it is hard to recover them.

I am able to synch hundreds of files quickly. I use it for research for this reason and it is great for data storage. It also saves storage on my device.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by Administrator

"What Google doesn't tell you about Cloud Dataflow"

What do you like best?

Clearly, the best feature is the ability to process batch and stream jobs without changing my code.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is subpar, features between Java and Python is not consistent and I it also lacks other laguages, eg: Go

I've built a real time email analytics product and without Dataflow, this would not have been possible.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Higher Education

"Dataflow "

What do you like best?

I think the dataflow has great potential

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish there were clearer instructions

Student related case files

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Google Dataflow"

What do you like best?

We used this in between uploading the final loan docs into our data system, we used this to share docs and organize them appropraitely

What do you dislike?

Not much I didn’t like about it. Connectivity was bad sometimes?

It takes away and miscommunication. Everyone’s ideas are in there

Google Cloud Dataflow review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Googl Cloud Data Flow"

What do you like best?

I live that is it fast and that it is easy for a lot of people to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the Dataflow is limited. Also lacks REPL support.

The ability to analyze large data. It is cost-effective.

"Google Data Flow"

What do you like best?

The ease of sharing with locations across the country.

What do you dislike?

Not all my GMs understand the concept. Some of them do not understand the concept behind the data flow.

Easy to update mgrs, allows for timelier updates.

Google Cloud Dataflow review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Absolutely love itt!"

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use and off the bat connectors for flat files and GC products

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Google Cloud Products

Batch Data Migration

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Simple interfacing and easy to use in multiple work areas

What do you dislike?

Not always the most intuitive design, but still workable!

Secure space for data sharing

"Simple"

What do you like best?

Google cloud dataflow is efficient and easily accessible

What do you dislike?

Google is out main platform; sometimes editing is an issue

keeping everyone on the same page

Learning about Google Cloud Dataflow?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Dataflow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.