Google Cloud Datastore

Google Cloud Datastore is a NoSQL document database built for automatic scaling, high performance, and ease of application development.

Work for Google Cloud Datastore?

Learning about Cloud Datastore?

Google Cloud Datastore Reviews

Ask Cloud Datastore a Question
Showing 14 Cloud Datastore reviews
Cloud Datastore review by Gabriela K.
Gabriela K.

"Works perfect"

What do you like best?

i most like you can access to all Cloud Platform tools only with one account. If you are using large amount storage products and files then you must check Google Store. It's just awesome. Mobile version is working smoothly, autosave, synchronization, uploading is great.

What do you dislike?

I would like too see more API tools in Google Cloud Data Store Compute engine is not working properly on chromebooks. Otherwise it's just perfect and all you want is placed in one location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google is always best!

We are using Google Cloud Data Store for especially create virtual machines by using Compute engine tool. And I love that you can choose your host computer's ram, storage and other specifications. And this makes your work easier. And everyone can use and get access to edit and work on this host computer. This is the best way to upload and share big files.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Datastore
Cloud Datastore review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Google Cloud Beats out the Competition"

What do you like best?

Google has historically provided the largest infrastructure for data and analytics. I do my best to always utilize a Google product when possible for my business. I am not biased because it is Google, I am biased because it always works.Their servers and security are top of the line for storing my big data. Being able to pay as I go and being able to cancel any time without any fees is extremely important to my business because it is a small business. I use their service specifically for archiving, storage and continuous backup and access to files and content needed daily. Being able to implement the Google Cloud system gives me reassurance, and as a business owner it is the most important thing to be comfortable.

What do you dislike?

As it stands right now I don't have anything that I dislike about the service. It comes in cheaper than the competition and provides me with something reliable. The cost and value are both perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to compare Google Cloud with their competitors. Only after weighing the options would you be able to comfortably commit to using Google Cloud Datastore

I am trying to solve the issue of data storage for my small business as well as storing data that I need as a high school and college educator. Using the Google Cloud Datastore I benefit based on price. There are a large range of companies such as Amazon or Salesforce available that can offer similar things that we need. However, for the price, Google is by far the most efficient and least costly.

What Document Databases solution do you use?

Cloud Datastore review by Angelica F.
Angelica F.

"Cloud Storage that works efficiently, quickly and has plenty of space available for business "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can store and manage my storage as effectively as I possibly can. The storage is large , so therefore I can store large presentations and share them quickly. Videos that I store in the Google storage do not take u a lot of space so I can compress items easily when I need to for sharing. This source is also able to be accessed at home when I have to bring work home from work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to delete files to keep space because I sometime need to store big presentations. This is not too tedious to d so therefore I don't really complain about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and mange storage appropriately because the storage gets full quickly but I quickly delete files so that storage never gets too full.

Datastore provides exceptional storage and gives our staff plenty of space needed for presentations, reports and archive f necessary materials. The storage is also easy to manage and keep it from getting too full.

Cloud Datastore review by Rafael R.
Rafael R.

"Best way to save your company data"

What do you like best?

The power of this NoSQL database is amazing, also it is very easy to manage with different tools, the content on the internet is huge and also the comunity. Also it is very easy to install. The docummentation is pretty easy to find and have a lot of content to dig and take more advantage of the program.

What do you dislike?

Tools to manage your data are not as advanced or good as you can imagine, or maybe we are used to use other apps. There are security aspects that are more than a pain, because when configurating or giving access to users you will hit with some problems or things that you must do but you didn't know or are not explained very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to understand every aspect of the product, if you have a huge database it is important (or I recommend) that get knowledge about the NoSQL aspects so you can take more from it.

Data storage and backups, we had problems with our server and almost lost everything, so this was a good workaround. It is super stable, scalable and a powerfull tool.

Cloud Datastore review by Sinan H.
Sinan H.

"Cheap, Efficient VMs"

What do you like best?

It was quick to setup. It's easy to set up a compute engine using the simple dashboard Google created. I used tool for testing servers for an application. I could use SSH in a browser and the connection speed of the VM was very high making basically everything faster. The price for the machine was also pretty cheap compared to what you are getting and totally worth the price. I have tried a 3 month trial and will probably continue using it.

What do you dislike?

Even though it's a really good service, compute engine lacks gpu instances. I wanted to render some images using neural learning with gpu but after some research I realized that I couldn't. Hopefully they follow Amazons footsteps and launch gpu instances in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it's a very good service, Amazon EC2 is still better. I suggest you try both because Google has a better UI and Amazon has more functionality.

We could host a server quickly and safely. It was really easy to set up and easy to use. Very simple and efficient but still lacks some key features.

Cloud Datastore review by Ivan G.
Ivan G.

"Essential for Data Validation and Feeds "

What do you like best?

The Google Cloud Database provides us direct access to the Google properties and related APIs to the corresponding sites and apps to consolidate, report, gauge and provide data sharing capabilities. Runs flawlessly and when something does break, its usually our fault.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is not for the novice. Very technical and sometimes either hard to follow or find the right information since it is scattered in multiple places for any particular function we've tested or implemented.

With the feeds coming through the site, we can better manage site images, load balancing, analytics and other data feeds through Google, providing better reporting, marketing efforts and technical solutions to our clients.

Cloud Datastore review by User in Higher Education

"Google Cloud Review"

What do you like best?

It's cloud based storage. I can access my information anywhere and it works well on mobile devices. Photo Assistant being unlimited free storage is the best!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Photo Assistant storage is not automatically syncing maybe everytime I connected to wi-fi and power source or something like that. Basically, I want a setting to auto sync it, maybe even once a day or something. Could have a pop-up question

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just set it up, can be used as a back up source

Sharing files, can work from other computers, or pull things up on my phone or at home, If/ when I leave the job I have my files already

Cloud Datastore review by Nils K.
Nils K.

"Very easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Everything is straightforward and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Free tier impossible to find or use. Cost is higher than expected.

Quickly deploy new instances, and remove them again.

Cloud Datastore review by Administrator

"Google Cloud Datastore is great for my pictures!"

What do you like best?

I use Google Cloud to save all my pictures to for an added backup. Pictures are so important to me so knowing have a provider that works helps ease my feelings of never losing them.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing that I dislike about Google Cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Cloud provides a great service if you want to back of anything to the cloud!

I use Google Cloud personally currently. It helps serves my needs as having a backup for my pictures and also my school work.

Cloud Datastore review by Mortensen A.
Mortensen A.

"Lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I love that is stores everything so easily and I can access it anytime I need either at home or at work. Highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting is off when printing.

Solving the problem of getting work done fast. The benefit of having access anytime to my documents.

Cloud Datastore review by Consultant in Wireless
Consultant in Wireless

"Excellent server and support from google"

What do you like best?

We use Google cloud database and we really enjoy the price and server response speed. The connection to server has always been stable and if there is usually we receive a notice for outrage beforehand.

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be more API available to access the database.

We use the database to store our web front products pages/info. The interface has been user friendly and very easy to share to new users.

Cloud Datastore review by User in Financial Services

"Google cloud store for storing and archiving important documents"

What do you like best?

The best feature about google cloud store is that data is always available for usage on the cloud and storage capacity is sufficient enough to handle massive amount of data

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that they require some time to arrange necessary servers for full filling customer requirements unlike Amazon Cloud services wherein you get the required servers immediately within no time.

We are storing project related information and other related blueprint documents on the google data store for instantaneous usage.

Cloud Datastore review by Toby A.
Toby A.

"Good cheap data storage a the cost of implementation"

What do you like best?

Brilliant administration UI, quality billing and amazing support and documentation

What do you dislike?

The APIs I've used for it are rather clunky. The Golang API isn't great, and the HTTP RESTful API is difficult to use.

Solving distributed data storage, by making our applications ephemeral, and having a centralized, accessable data store

Cloud Datastore review by User in Computer Software

"Great for projects"

What do you like best?

It's overall pretty easy to start, if their documentation is up to date...

What do you dislike?

Documentation is very heavy, and a lot of things are not very clear. A lot of options, which can be great - otherwise is just confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

start small, don't trust it can handle everything smoothly

A quick way to spin up a database. It's relatively cheap and serves its purpose

Learning about Google Cloud Datastore?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Datastore reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.