Google Cloud Functions

Google Cloud Functions offers a serverless environment to build and connect cloud services.

Work for Google Cloud Functions?

Learning about Cloud Functions?

Compare Google Cloud Functions to Similar Solutions

Google Cloud Functions Reviews

Ask Cloud Functions a Question
Showing 34 Cloud Functions reviews
Cloud Functions review by Ashutosh M.
Ashutosh M.

"The best place to deploy you app for better processing"

What do you like best?

The google brand is reliable for better stability for the deployment of your apps . The apps which require heavy computation power runs easily . you can build and scale faster with Google Cloud’s planet-scale computing on one of the world’s largest and fastest private networks so google is reliable and confidential ,

The dataabstraction is very efficient in this. It runs on same infrastructure that google uses for its end users.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike is the linux console is very tedious to understand and a bit laggy .

The git included in the Cloud is also complex.

But when learned can be used to create wonders.

you cannot modify the os .. rest all is fine

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recomment this to every professional who need heavy computation power and alway uptime of services.

I am using analytics and the computational power apps .

Its a userful service when you dont wanna use your own hardware to deploy the app .

i have never suffered any downtime ,

so its the best available option for me.

i wanted an AI tool , but my hardware was not that good to compute that , so i used Googel cloud to process it online , it definitely the best solution for online services

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Functions
Cloud Functions review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Google Cloud is a must-have for modern businesses"

What do you like best?

The ease of access that I enjoy as a user of Google Cloud is why I choose to keep on coming back to this service. Maintenance shut outs have never happened to me, and the digital security Google has in place for moving my code in and out of the cloud is the best in the world.

The way that Google Cloud integrates with other Google products is a major plus. I can store backups with ease in my Drive folder. I can quickly discuss what I am working on with a client over Hangouts, and I like to run real time testing with a video chat window open.

Also, the price points are amazing. So many options for free use exist if you are new to the use of cloud services. Once you decide to scale up, the cost will be very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Some of the help guides are very intensive. There is a learning curve if you are new to coding and the use of the cloud. It helped me a lot to work with an actual person, a specialist that lives near me and was able to walk me through the use of certain features (mostly the third party API functions) that I was afraid of using the wrong way and causing issues with my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free access point is great for trying it out, so commit a few hours to trying it out.

I needed to address how I implement code in a way that would be affordable, reliable and practical. Google Cloud met all of these needs, so I am very satisfied with the service.

What Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution do you use?

Cloud Functions review by Administrator

"Great Free Review Period, User Interface "

What do you like best?

I am in the free 30-day review period for Microsoft Cloud Function and it's great to be able to try out the program for free.

So far functionality is great. I'm connecting some APIs to my Wordpress page and it's very user-friendly for a mid-level techie like myself. I use Google suite for just about everything so there's a lot of potential here. I may try my hand at creating some apps now that I have this tool available.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot here and it's going to take some time to get a grip on all of it. A built-in tutorial would be nice. I have not tried the help section yet. There are some things here that I've never seen before.

I anticipate being able to integrate data from all of my Google suite programs with features of my webpage and hopefully with Analytics as well.

Cloud Functions review by Administrator

"Amazing cloud service at cheapest price"

What do you like best?

Its very secure to save the files to the google cloud or u can say drive.The way that Google Cloud integrates with other Google products is a major plus. I can store backups with ease in my Drive folder.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all till now and i know google is always there for troubleshooting and It helped me a lot to work with an actual person, a specialist that lives near me and was able to walk me through the use of certain features (mostly the third party API functions) that I was afraid of using the wrong way and causing issues with my clients.

Safety of documents and important data to the google cloud.

i have never suffered any downtime ,

so its the best available option for me.

Cloud Functions review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Google Cloud is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

We use this in our everyday jobs in order to share documents and work on multiple things at the same time. This has made it so easy to collaborate on documents, with real time editing/comments and able to share our work. I find this platform very secure in terms that the privacy settings make it easy to restrict others from seeing anything, and you have to be added to be a part of the cloud. Without this software, it would be really hard for us to collaborate the way we do.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how hard it is to find items in the cloud. You have to do multiple clicking through folders to find items. I wish there was an easier search option in order to find what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very beneficial for collaboration.

Collaborating, real-time editing/document updates

Cloud Functions review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Potential, but has a ways to go."

What do you like best?

Good, simple integration with other GCP services and Google's DialogFlow voice platform.

What do you dislike?

Extremely poor cold start times on idle functions that made the service unusable for a DialogFlow-based voice platform production environment. DialogFlow itself mandates a 5 second timeout when calling a backend function and the cold start times on these Google Cloud Functions is often more than 5 seconds, meaning that Google DialogFlow will throw errors trying to call its own preferred and integrated FaaS solution.

Launching a voice-based user interface with DialogFlow.

Cloud Functions review by Corey N.
Corey N.

"Living in the clouds"

What do you like best?

Moving to serverless was one of the best decisions that we've ever made. Because of this we've made accessing our files so much easier.

What do you dislike?

The areas I dislike is some of the UI needs to be updated, as well as it being a bit slower than the previous servers we had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that Google Cloud Functions works hard to ensure we have access to our files from anywhere. This solution is only slightly slower than in house servers at less cost and less space. It also helps us access the files from out of our office at a much higher data rate.

We are solving the ability to access our files in different locations with Google Cloud.

Cloud Functions review by Miranda D.
Miranda D.

"The Best Multi-Purpose Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

I love how every one of my documents is accessible cross-platforms and when I’m prepared to download a document from Google, it can be done in a number of popular file formats in a friendly manner.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, when switching between Microsoft tools and google drive products, the files are adjusted improperly and formatting is lost. That’s very painful to the time crunch many teams face.

One is saving space on our work computers which is so precious, but the other is being able to access the same files for a number of users and edit those files simultaneously. It’s a great platform to work across.

Cloud Functions review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Simple, Elegant, Powerful - Not mature enough yet"

What do you like best?

Cloud functions are easy to use, deploy, and are written in NodeJS.

What do you dislike?

There is nowhere to put sensitive data! In AWS lambda, you can set configuration variables, but Cloud Functions have no equivalent unless you are using Firebase. This renders them useless in many scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that there is no easy way to add environment information of sensitive config data.

This applies more the the world of serverless computing at large. Cloud functions are cheap, easy, and extensible. There are also a wide range of use-cases where cloud functions are a perfect fit. They cost a fraction of running a VM, and come without the hassle.

Cloud Functions review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Cloud Services!"

What do you like best?

I Love the great way that the service allows me to save things in a cloud instead of a memory card or hard drive.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how I have to navigate so much to get to the file I desire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please allow less navigation tabs to make it a more easier use. I would love for the feature to be a mobile app as well if not already.

Storage for all of our employees's personal work related files.

Cloud Functions review by User

"Buen programa como almacenamientpalmacenamiento "

What do you like best?

Me gusta que esta integrado dentro de la suite de Google así que puedes abrir documentos, enviarlos por correo o tomar notas. Es fácil de subir archivos así como utilizar la sincronización.

What do you dislike?

Tal vez que la seguridad se puede ver comprometida si no se activa manualmente la seguridad en dos pasos. Los paquetes de pago para aumentar la capacidad podrípodrían estar algo más rebajados.rebajados .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mayor visualización como publicidad en páginas empresariales, acuerdos con asociaciones empresariales y ciertas rebajas en sus paquetes de almacenamiento.

Lo he utilizado para intercambio de archivos pesados con compañeros de trabajo así como consulta de documentos. También para realizar un trabajo en grupo y poder editarlo desde el mismo programa Google cloud.

Cloud Functions review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"Use it every day"

What do you like best?

Cross platform sharing of content of all kinds. Seamless

What do you dislike?

Navigating between Google accounts is clumsy

I have many clients and many people that work on projects simultaneously and Google Cloud allows me to work with them seamlessly

Cloud Functions review by Derek P.
Derek P.

"Save money and time"

What do you like best?

I like how its very nice and easy to set up and saves lots of money

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to upload and update code

It allows for easy hosting of node js functions

Cloud Functions review by Pavlo Z.
Pavlo Z.

"SERVERLESS Functions"

What do you like best?

Documentation for Cloud Functions is very comprehensive and contains examples for all occasions. Almost all.

What do you dislike?

It can be tricky sometimes for an inexperienced person.

Google Cloud Functions allowed us to make many API connections with just one function that does just one small task that can trigger a trigger (some condition) or after you explicitly call it by sending a simple REST request to its endpoint.

Cloud Functions review by East Y.
East Y.

"Good Serverless solution"

What do you like best?

Good Serverless solution - easy and handy. Comparing other vendors, Google sticks to open source way of cloud computing which is being loved by all developers. The costing model is also friendly.

What do you dislike?

No really at this moment, I would recommend Google Cloud Function to other developers

IoT application requires on demand computing and Google Cloud Function is a good price to save money to deal with that scenario

Cloud Functions review by Jugraj S.
Jugraj S.

"Best lightweight computing solu"

What do you like best?

It's serverless architecture which allows us to run small business logic.

It is simple to integrate with other Google cloud platform services

What do you dislike?

The lack of proper documentation and community support.

There is not support for multiple programming languages as in AWS Lambda.

Google Cloud function help us to run small tasks like starting a server scaling up and scaling down monitoring for external services.

"Google Cloud Review"

What do you like best?

Easy access through gmail & ability to function with coworkers easily.

What do you dislike?

Some apps and features are faulty and hard to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great resource and value to our business. We love all that google is putting out right now, and google cloud is no different. Quality product and service.

Communication. shared features. Flexibility of us for organization and individual use. We were using dropbox previously, and struggled to transfer things over from gmail and g suite to dropbox. Now we have much more simplicity in that process. Thanks!

Cloud Functions review by Spencer B.
Spencer B.

"Software down due to Google Cloud Outage"

What do you like best?

Typically everything! I love google chrome and the many extensions I run on it.

What do you dislike?

So many things are dependent on it working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan for if the cloud goes down.

Our entire software is run on the google cloud. Therefore, no google cloud -> no company.

Cloud Functions review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"User friendly and super convenient. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can access not only my things but stuff that is shared by the company. No matter where I am I have the documents and information I need.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it is hard to find things right away if someone has named the file something weird. Not really the programs fault though.

It is all about locations. We have multiple offices all over PA. A lot of employees. This just makes it that much easier to streamline the documentation part of this.

Cloud Functions review by LOKESH A.
LOKESH A.

"Scaling automatic"

What do you like best?

The software has good scalability and resource limits with supported languages and automation

What do you dislike?

limited functions per project, long execution time as compared to its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for real-time data processing and intelligent applications

running code in the cloud and integration with the third party services

Cloud Functions review by derrick h.
derrick h.

"quick performance for peak power"

What do you like best?

platform works very well. Cloud technology is fairly new in our company but works well.

What do you dislike?

Explaining cloud performance can be very difficult to non native users

Peak processing time. works well as platform deliver service. Gives peak performance when needed. Helps process information quickly.

Cloud Functions review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Google Cloud Has Many Uses"

What do you like best?

What I like best about google cloud is the ease in sharing content and reports with colleagues, that can be edited by everyone.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is the sometimes unnecessary elements of security, making it difficult to share info with everyone needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your security settings set accurately so that there aren't issues allowing everyone access to documents.

Collaboration on reports, files, etc. that can't be done unless sharing a single computer - until Google Cloud.

Cloud Functions review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Easy to use and share items"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and simple for most to integrate

What do you dislike?

Certain features within drive are not always the best

We can edit a single item together at the same time or allow for just comments

Cloud Functions review by Karan G.
Karan G.

"Google Cloud Functions Review"

What do you like best?

Automatically scales, highly available and fault tolerant

No servers to provision, manage, patch or update

What do you dislike?

I dont think I dislike anything for google CF

Pay only while your code runs

Cloud Functions review by Administrator

"Google Cloud is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. User friendly Interface.Great Documentation.

What do you dislike?

The service can be very expensive but it depends what you are using the service for.

Storage

Cloud Functions review by User

"Google Cloud trumps its competition "

What do you like best?

Pricing! Google Cloud is extremely affordable, especially for all of its functionalities.

What do you dislike?

Although the concept is easy to use at times i had issues with recovering certain files. Ensure that you save in properly and you will be fine.

Maintaining a centralized database for files such as PDFs, invoices, and other documents for internal and external use.

Cloud Functions review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"a good technology to adopt server less architecture"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, one of the best feature is to support infrastructure on demand

What do you dislike?

I think you need to work on the UX part and bring in more docs and tutorials of the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i would love to build an fluent app for my current company OPPO.

providing server less application.

Cloud Functions review by User in Higher Education

"The Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like it because all my documents are saved

What do you dislike?

Just when you don't get online. There is not much I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like all the function

I use it for work and school documents

"Great uptime"

What do you like best?

So far the uptime required for the services has been very high.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing, it has been a very good experience so far.

Hosting web applications and cloud data storage

Cloud Functions review by User in Internet

"good demo"

What do you like best?

Based on the demo they provided, it's quite easy to use.

What do you dislike?

None so far, liking what I see. Will update if this changes.

Image recognition, fintech

Cloud Functions review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Cloud store "

What do you like best?

this is my 1st google cloud exp and i m feeling great

What do you dislike?

security system for our company and collaborate with all other members

data collection

"Quick and efficient"

What do you like best?

No time spent reviewing or editing,writing, just click and backup

What do you dislike?

Unexpected loss of data,breaches and waiting to download

Same as with icloud

Cloud Functions review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Cloud review"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is located in one place

What do you dislike?

Its dependent on whether there is wifi connection

You can access data anywhere

Cloud Functions review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Google Cloud is nice but not for high data use"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to use with Google Suites

What do you dislike?

Bandwidth speed dependent for certain apps

Cloud sharing for clients

Learning about Google Cloud Functions?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Functions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Google Cloud Functions to Similar Solutions