Google Cloud Search

Google Cloud Search is a cloud search solution designed to seacrh through Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and others.

Work for Google Cloud Search?

Learning about Google Cloud Search?

Google Cloud Search Reviews

Ask Google Cloud Search a Question
Showing 14 Google Cloud Search reviews
Google Cloud Search review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"Google Cloud Search"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool when needing to share things among workers. Our staff is not always together. Google makes it super easy and convenient to have people jump in when it works best for them. It is a very handy and simple way to share things among people. Google cloud search makes it easy for us to search things as a group without actually being in person together. I enjoy the fact that I can see what other people are doing to make sure that things are getting done.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we are too dependent on technology. It is easy to do in this day and age. We are all so used to using technology, that sometimes we are at a loss when it doesn't work. Things will always fail us. We unfortunately cannot bee 100% dependent on technology. It is not infallible. We cannot rely on it all of the time, which unfortunately is just a part of life.

I am solving the problem of needing everyone to be together all of the time. That is very hard to do especially when our staff has other jobs to do. This allows us to all do our work when we can. The benefits have been amazing. It is very helpful that we can all share things amongst one another and we do not have to be together in person.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Search
Google Cloud Search review by Jill H.
Jill H.

"Google Drive Makes for Easy Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Google Suite for our documents, sheets, presentations, etc. It makes it so easy to share and collaborate across our distributed company (all over the world). Plus, I can access my documents from anywhere on any computer or device.

What do you dislike?

First, I dislike is the lack of revision control. Multiple people can be making changes at the same time and that can get confusing.

Second, I wish we could extract information across the files (such as when a sheet is updated, add that information to a corresponding slide, etc.).

Third, their Slides still has some limitations that PPT has mastered that they need to incorporate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it for easiest collaboration. It's a great match/competitor to Microsoft.

Corporate sharing and collaboration across distributed teams is our biggest benefit. We are all over the world and have various clients...we can share and collaborate much more easily.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

Google Cloud Search review by Jenny G.
Jenny G.

"Megahub for developers"

What do you like best?

Ability to find just about any tool/language you need to start developing, easily allow collaboration with your team without additional hardware.

What do you dislike?

Can be overwhelming to sort through, but search function takes care of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for scaling your team so you can all work anywhere and collaborate if needed, with access to internet. No more need to install every language/infrastructure to get started on developing your product! Great incentive to start and trial for the first year as well.

Cloud based development which means there is no need to install all the components to start coding - saves time and troubleshooting.

Google Cloud Search review by User in Computer Software

"Google Cloud Search features are part of the reasons why we chose G Suite!"

What do you like best?

Google has always been recognized for their search capabilities, and they do not disappoint in G Suite. We can easily find anything hosted on the cloud uploaded by anyone in our organisation. Search is fast and smart, relevant files show up in search results even when you type the filename wrong. They offer advanced search options that I could not live without, for exemple I can specify a file type and a location in Google Drive to search into, within a time frame. Search engines on competitive platorms such as Dropbox or Box feels like toys compared to Google Cloud Search in G Suite. If you have used gmail before, the search bar allows you to type smart commands to help you filter search results (for exemple: after:2018-08-15 before:2018-08-16). I strongly recommend trying it out!

What do you dislike?

I wish that Google would load more than 50 search results at a time, so I don't have to scroll down the page a few times to be able to use "CTRL+F" to find a word (loaded) on the page. I also wish I could type a letter on the keyboard to scroll directly to the first search result using that letter (just like file explorer in windows). Other than that I think Google Cloud Search is a great product that will continue getting better over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Web apps such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive all share a common search engine, and it works great with a large and small team. We have consultants, and external people sharing files without organisation and they are easy to find and manage with Google Cloud Search. Highly recommend you give it a try!

Our company has greatly benefited from Google Cloud Search robust features. Finding files shared between employees, on various Google cloud apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive...), on different platforms (web and mobile) has never been easier. We are saving ourselves considerable amount of time on file management, and the experience is great. I strongly recommend it for your team!

Google Cloud Search review by Logan C.
Logan C.

"Better than anything else"

What do you like best?

Gmail and Google suite is just so much easier to navigate and find things vs the other email providers. I also use the Gchat feature for most of my business dealings.

What do you dislike?

Some times the integrations go out and I'll have to remove the extension and restart the GSuite.

Having all email and calendars in one place. Visibility into team member and partners schedules.

Google Cloud Search review by User in Higher Education

"Auto sync eases my worries of deleted files"

What do you like best?

All of the files in folders I've selected are automatically backed up at least once a day. As my job is largely writing-based, this avoids a lot of potential problems of things getting deleted or not saved regularly. I can also access my files from any computer, which has been great for days I've had to work from home.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of working from home, backing up all documents, saving records

Google Cloud Search review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Use for Work Love It"

What do you like best?

I really like the homepage platform for the google cloud. It has all the applications I need for work and I can change the order they are listed on the main page. It's super easy to log into the cloud and start my work day!

What do you dislike?

It does frequently error on signing in. I typically have to clear my cache to get rid of this error. I know my colleagues have reported the same issue.

Almost all the Apps I need to collaborate with staff are housed here. Additionally our company's MIS and HR systems are linked in MyCloud. Very convenient.

Google Cloud Search review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Google cloud search for my business "

What do you like best?

Utilizing Google cloud search has been very beneficial to all my business needs and is a crucial product in the G suite. Recommend for any small business owner

What do you dislike?

I'm trying to think of anything I really dislike about it but I can't at times it can be slightly difficult to maneuver around but once you get the hang of it it's very user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take full of vantage and truly understand what it is you're using.

With the Google cloud search I'm able to find information on current customers in perspective customers easily it is very important to the organization and success of my business.

Google Cloud Search review by Administrator

"Google Cloud Search Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to search across all GSuite platforms. Even as a small organization, we find it very helpful to be able to search not just through google drive files, but emails as well.

What do you dislike?

Having to pay for such a service. I would imagine this could be very helpful to larger organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If cost is not an issue, certainly a tool worth using. The larger the organization, the better!

With a portfolio of clients in multiple industries, it's been helpful to find pertinent information efficiently

Google Cloud Search review by Mara R.
Mara R.

"Great search product"

What do you like best?

I love being able to search for content across multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to link accounts to have access to content with multiple accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your accounts consistent!!

I'm able to access my content on multiple devices

Google Cloud Search review by User

"Google Cloud Search"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of this product, I also learned about its strong security system, I do like that you can store document both online and offline so you can have access to it whenever needed

What do you dislike?

I believe that this product has expensive storage rates compared to other products, support can sometimes be tricky as expensive.

With Google Cloud Search, we have a global sever network so everyone can access information when needed.

Google Cloud Search review by User

"Let Google Cloud Do the Searching for You"

What do you like best?

Google Cloud Search is a fantastic program to organize, sort and find data quickly!

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about Google Cloud Search! I find this program easy to use and very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Cloud Search is well worth the minimal cost; this programs saves time, money and frustration!

Google Cloud Search helps me save so much time by searching widely with one application instead of multiple locations.

Google Cloud Search review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Google cloud search review"

What do you like best?

Quick efficient searching. I like google products they are quick and easy

What do you dislike?

If the internet is down google is down!!

More places to use the cloud storage

Google Cloud Search review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Average"

What do you like best?

Easily search for various items using keywords

What do you dislike?

Interface could be slightly more streamlined

Solving the need to search for items in the cloud

Learning about Google Cloud Search?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Search reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.