Google Data Studio

Google Data Studio (beta) turns your data into informative dashboards and reports that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable. Start telling great stories with your data and make better business decisions.

Work for Google Data Studio?

Learning about Google Data Studio?

Google Data Studio Reviews

Ask Google Data Studio a Question
Showing 63 Google Data Studio reviews
Google Data Studio review by <span>David S.</span>
David S.

"In -depth data visualization for Analytics"

What do you like best?

We have used Google Data Studio with Google Analytics to get better insight and information . It is a powerful way to integrate several tools into one place and pull those data into beautiful reports that can be edited and viewed easily.

What do you dislike?

There are so many things to play with . It can be confusing to work around it in the beginning and understand what the data really means. A proper training / demo session is required to get most of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Another awesome product from Google. If you want to get deeper analytics of your business , use Data Studio with your GA. The best feature is that your able to see where your traffic is coming from and see if the content on the website is valuable or not.

So helpful software, I am using it to see where traffic is coming from and how well they are converting. It's easy reporting. eventually, I think it will help me improve my conversion rate. But I need to understand it better for that .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio review by <span>Federico V.</span>
Federico V.

"Great Data Visualization made easy!"

What do you like best?

The possibility to drag and dropo data sources, and easily manage data filters and getting my reports done! I love providing my clients with a direct access to data: I save a lot of time on data reporting and I can focus on strategic issues, with dashboard that are always accessible and with a smart data visualization, very easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

All of the platform/web service that don't provide any free integration with Google Data Studio. Unfortunately not all marketing platform provide direct integration with Google Data Studio, but there are some useful professional integration tools that bridge data between your platforma and Google Data Studio. Obvioulsy, they are not free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's free.And You wille not go back to old fashioned excell tables and graphs. Try for example to create a new dashboard with both your Google AdWords Campaign data and your Google Analytics data. You will be able to make smart comparison at a glance, and you will save a lot of time!

I used to privide some of my clients reports on a DAILY basis: a huge ammount of working hourse within one year, and a hard job. With Google Data Studio I managed to implemented within a couple of hours a wonderful and smart dashboard they could access at any time. I saved a lot of time that I could dedicate to strategic tasks, and my clients were happy to be able to access data autonomously.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Google Data Studio review by <span>Bradley C.</span>
Bradley C.

"Excellent free software, however can be a little confusing at times"

What do you like best?

The real time website analytics data is very useful because it allows you to easily see how many users are on the website at certain times of the day.

Google tracks the users and provides you with the times of the day that are most popular, this allows you to increase website bandwidth for the times which are the most popular.

What do you dislike?

I find that both the demographics and audience acquisition pages are confusing and I find them hard to understand. I believe many other Google Analytics users also do feel this way. I would like to see these pages more modernised and simple to understand.

Also sometimes the tracking code seems to be unreliable and you have to try multiple times before google eventually starts tracking the website. This is not a big problem but can be annoying for a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best free Analytics software and is the most commonly used. I have tried others but prefer Google Analytics the best

I have used Google Analytics for several websites I have created in order to view my audience demographics and also view real time website statistics. I like the 'Active Now' feature as it allows me to track at what times the website gets the most visitors.

I have tried many of the other Analytics software packages available and I find that Google Analytics is the best one out there, and its free. Integration to the website is very simple by using a small piece of

Google Data Studio review by <span>Lauren H.</span>
Lauren H.

"Extremely in depth, not extremely user friendly"

What do you like best?

The ability to create goals, evaluate website traffic and understand user experience makes Google Analytics an invaluable tool. The dashboard they provide is very easy to understand and gives a great overview of your website traffic. I love that you can have a surface level understand of the data and then are also able to dive deep into the specific data, for example you can see in a colorful pie chart of where your traffic is from and then click to see the breakdown of social traffic. This is great if you have a campaign running and you want to see the effects.

What do you dislike?

Google Analytics dashboard is overwhelming. Without a full-blown course and becoming certified you will barely be able to navigate the platform let alone use it to its fullest extent. Even now I feel like I am always learning something new. I have been using the platform for two years and started with a new company and found out about a bunch of features I didn't even know existed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really great platform with tons of data to the point it can be overwhelming. Make sure you educate yourself on the best use of Google Analytics before implementing any campaigns utilizing its data.

We utilize Google analytics for evaluating web traffic and marketing efforts. Part of Google Analytics that is extremely helpful is their goals tool which allows us to track users going through our marketing campaigns.

Google Data Studio review by <span>Enrique C.</span>
Enrique C.

"Excelent tool for Analyzing your site, but complex to configure and take advantage of (free version)"

What do you like best?

The free version of this tool is very powerful. With it you can collect lots of data from visitors to a website, analyze insights, generate reports and link it with other tools such as AdSense, Google Search Console or Google AdWords. It is also possible to perform A / B tests. Everything without a license fee. There is a premium version of this tool, with a high cost, designed for large companies that want to analyze millions of visitors. But for 95% of companies, the free version of Google Analytics is more than enough.

What do you dislike?

I will point out three drawbacks. On the one hand, it is a complex tool to manage and that requires a minimum of prior training. In our case, we are an agency and we take care of configuring it for our clients, but someone who starts with it is convenient to receive specialized training.

On the other hand, the tool does not collect any personal information, so it does not serve to analyze users or specific visits, but analyzing aggregated data.

Third. Being a tool that works with cookies and javascript, it is not 100% accurate and you have to know the limitations you will find in the measurement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Analytics is a complex tool with many features, even in its free version. I suggest that you receive training to manage it properly.

With this tool we can analyze and measure what happens in any website, something essential when carrying out online marketing campaigns. Measuring is necessary to improve any online process.

Google Data Studio review by <span>Britni B.</span>
Britni B.

"To control everything around me"

What do you like best?

The very nice software and I were surprised that almost all things are free. I was afraid that I will have a problem with use it that it is was my mistake. I really like to work with nice analytic tools.Pretty nice to receive new things coming up from the platform.

What do you dislike?

Actually not so bad tools. And for a free version, it is work so well. Of course, sometimes I can't so fast to cooperate with some tools. It is because a lot of great tools and I can't choose the right one. So I take it slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The good program to improve your business.To build up your audience.To make the best tracking of communication.Can be easy analyzed through mobiles site.

Very helpful for me and my teamwork.Help to us to track conversion. Very open analyze of service resources making for us to reach business goals.And increase my guests who are coming to my site.

Learning about Google Data Studio?

* We monitor all Google Data Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.