Google Docs

Work Together Better with Google Docs. Create or upload documents, spreadsheets and presentations with Google Docs. Share securely.

Work for Google Docs?
Templafy  document creation  2x

Learning about Google Docs?

Google Docs Reviews

Ask Google Docs a Question
Showing 1566 Google Docs reviews
Google Docs review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

Convenient, User Friendly and Efficient

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Google Docs is the best way to maintain a virtual office. No more tracking documents and edits through e-mail - keep a single version of a document online and give everyone access who needs it. It's also super easy to keep everything organized in folders.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that documents that are shared with you and documents that you create end up on different dashboards. Sometimes I've spent a few minutes looking for a document only to realize that I'm on the "Shared with You" tab instead of the "My Documents" tab.

I've worked for a non-profit for 4 years that is based out of San Diego, while I've been on the East Coast. I've had virtually no in-person contact with my boss. But Google Docs has allowed us to work on the same documents with ease, tracking edits and crafting them together without any hiccups in working on old versions or losing edits. It's also allowed us to easily be able to give new employees easy access to the organization's database - all they need is an invite to our Google Drive. It's definitely the simplest solution for small organizations without a centralized HQ.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Docs
Google Docs review by <span>Silvia M.</span>
Silvia M.

Most Versatile Word Processor Online

What do you like best?

It's really easy for google made indispensable software and services. Google Docs its one of them. Why? Because it allows, in a completely free way, to:

Download files in a variety of formats, auto-save documents to your Google account, has an simple and versatile interface, share your documents or keep them private in a simple and immediate way, automatically identifies spelling errors, embedded chat application makes it easy to collaborate.

So, what more do you want for a free service?

What do you dislike?

For use it you must have Google Account (who dont have one nowadays?), work only online, doesn't have advanced editing tools, typical of word processor, sometimes file format and layout its changed

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many benefits in use Google Doc service, yes I still use Microsoft Word in 80% of cases but if there are documents I need to share for work or with family then Google Docs is the way to go.

Fast document editor, easy way of share it and collaborate with other team. In our society we use it even for simple note. With online editor, we reduced costs due to a license of traditional word processor and increase productivity thanks of collaborative nature of the service.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Google Docs review by <span>Tim T.</span>
Tim T.

Can't remember the last time I used MS Word

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Google Docs has been irreplaceable for the last 5-6 years for me. By "Docs", I'm talking about the GDocs suite which includes a word processor, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. The biggest reason is its real-time collaboration features, ability to be accessed/edited from any device, and ability to see a history of edits to roll back to a previous version. It's not even a particularly perfect application, but its value is tremendous and if you're integrated into the Google ecosystem, it makes perfect sense.

What do you dislike?

It's a little bit slow. Good for basic to intermediate tasks and features, but lacks advanced stuff a minority of users will utilize in MS Office suite. I hate that I can't copy images to the clipboard from a Document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll never look back.

It's wonderful for literally any use case where you have to create, write, edit, or share a document. I can edit or access on the go if I need. I can change read/write permissions, collaborate real-time with other colleagues, and most importantly, eliminate duplicate/out-of-date documents on my end and everyone else's. Easier to share a link than upload and send files. Contracts and other in-progress documents can be living-breathing, rather than a static file someone has to provide.

Google Docs review by <span>Surajit C.</span>
Surajit C.

Best Online document writer

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and easily accessible . If I write any documents to my laptop or my computer then I can also open it in my phone. one of the most important features is auto save .Being a cloud based application it doesn't take any extra storage in your computer. Multiple people can edit a common document and in that case most important features is it shows what they are editing , which I like most . I would highly recommend it .

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to change the layout of the page and also formats . For printing first you have to download it then only you can print it . Font options are limited. Sometimes the app crashes if you do a heavy editing to a documents , So for Android user it becomes very hard to use . Rather than all of these Google docs is very useful .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is far better than Microsoft word and it can save your document automatically so need to save it by yours . undoubtedly it is an excellent product . I highly recommended it.

It's easy to write information about a document or save and share G programs .

It's difficult to share the documents with our partners, so we can work together in a file, especially when you're in place .

Google Docs review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

Online version of MS office

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Google Doc is very easy to use. If you already know how to use MS office, you are ready to use Google Doc. Because it is stored online, you don't have to worry about losing your data. It automatically saves, so don't worry about losing your work when your computer freezes. Also, because it is online, you don't have to download or update anything. As long as you have internet, you have access to Google Doc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that not all the features of MS office is not available on Google Docs. If you are trying to insert images on your sheet, all you can really do is crop and resize. There are no image editing capabilities. Also, if you are printing, you first have to download it in PDF first, which I don't get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple tasks, it won't take any time to learn it. However, if you are using more technological tools, it will take time to understand it and to use it. It's easy to just play around with.

Easy access - because it is online, it is easy for multiple people to connect at the same time. When I am working from home, or one of my team members are away, we still can work together as if we were in the same room. There are so many different ways you can access Google Docs as well. You can just simply go online and type doc.google.com or download the app.

Google Docs review by <span>Mohd Anas K.</span>
Mohd Anas K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Google Docs is the most simplest way to create, edit and store document and preadsheet online. The best thing is, it offers most of the packages of online application associated with Google. One thing I like the most about Google Docs is, there is no risk of total data loss as it is stored online. The auto sync and auto saved feature is incredible, it helps you in keeping data reusable if any sudden error occurs.

What do you dislike?

Though Google Docs include almost all features of Microsoft Word, but not everything,like it neither support Columns-editing nor image-editing, though it is available in Microsoft Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any basic word processor or sharing document with other users, Google docs is more than enough. Google docs help you to handle your document easily and deosn't require high level learning to use.The best thing is, its new features gets automatically updated so no need for manual upgradation.

Google Docs have made file sharing simple.Google docs let you work st the same time from different location which solves many business problems.The best thing is it as quite cheap and reliable.

It also provides translation feature, from which you can translate your doc to different languages and you can also attach email your documents to other people as attachment.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Google Docs?

* We monitor all Google Docs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.