Google Docs

(1975)

Work Together Better with Google Docs. Create or upload documents, spreadsheets and presentations with Google Docs. Share securely.

Work for Google Docs?

Learning about Google Docs?

Google Docs Reviews

Ask Google Docs a Question
Showing 1976 Google Docs reviews
Google Docs review by <span>Phil C.</span>
Phil C.

"Good tool if you need to jot notes, but doesn't cut it as a full-time word processing tool"

What do you like best?

The cloud-based aspect of the Google apps remain the #1 feature, and the ability to access my docs from anywhere (regardless if I'm on my computer or a public computer) is stellar. I also love that I can easily upload documents I've started elsewhere (i.e. in Word or even in notepad) and continue working on them in Google Docs. Finally, Google Docs provides a superior experience when collaboration with others is essential. Google Docs natively tracks changes (like who edits what) and allows viewers to comment without making changes.

What do you dislike?

Formatting, formatting, and formatting. Google Docs has some nice formatting features but is drastically missing many others. Never is this clearer than when you create a beautiful document in Microsoft Word and upload it to Google Docs. Typically 50% of the nice formatting is missing in Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Google Docs to anyone who needs quick access to simple documents, like meeting notes/ minutes, and perhaps even more importantly, to anyone who needs/wants to collaborate on a single document with native change-tracking/commenting. If you're looking for a tool to craft beautiful documents, you might want to avoid Google Docs and go for something like Microsoft Word.

Google Docs is the only platform we use when a few of us need to collaborate on a document.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Docs
Google Docs review by <span>Daniel O.</span>
Daniel O.

"Make documents and presentations online, with professional quality and without having any applicatio"

What do you like best?

I like to have available quickly and anywhere and without having my personal equipment, the applications that I need to write documents and presentations, while also allowing you to store it online in google drive, where I can share it directly to anyone I need it. the application has everything you need to make the documents, so you can work online without the need of desktop applications. it is very convenient that the files can be placed the option of read only in case we do not want them to be modified

What do you dislike?

What I like the least is the graphical interface, since it is very simple, I suppose it is because of the minimalist program, however, it could be improved, in order to make it more attractive. I think it would be convenient to have a desktop application compatible with all the operating systems to make it more effective and to link to the cloud and the changes made to online documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That use the application, is completely free and has all the functions that any desktop application can have, it is easy to use and the best, remains stored in the cloud through google drive, you can share it online instantly or during its preparation, by if you need another collaborator to add information and data to the document you are doing, making more participatory the elaboration of documents, which makes it the first option when preparing a document online and with the quality of always

first of all it has allowed me to make a document without having my personal equipment available with me, that is undoubtedly the most important of the benefits, besides being able to make quality presentations quickly and easily as always, and the fact of being able to share it for that another visualize or make a modification online streamlines the process of preparing documents in general

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Google Docs review by <span>Rodrigo F.</span>
Rodrigo F.

"Good cost/benefit relationship"

What do you like best?

It is free and offers the most common features found in similar, desktop-based software for a much higher cost. Additionally, Google Docs allows integration with every other Google product, making it easy to exchange data between them.

What do you dislike?

- If the Internet connections goes offline, we cannot keep on editing open documents.

- It takes too much time for Google to add new features.

- Google Docs doesn't allow much customization of new and existing documents (e.g. custom-made templates).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is a risk-free, very low cost suite of web applications that will meet most requirements of small to medium companies and individual users alike. At the end of the day, it will most likely offer everything you need. Furthermore, the integration between Google products is real time saver and very convenient feature for those companies and end users working with several different types of tasks and documents.

Regarding the benefits, this free suite of web apps is excellent for document sharing for the purpose of collaboration between teams, specially those ones working remotely. And it's free, so there are no investment risks envolved.

Google Docs review by <span>Luke W.</span>
Luke W.

"Google Docs - International Projects Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can use Google Docs online and offline and it allows you to work with multiple people at once. I also like that you can leave comments and suggestions, because that prevents me from having to email those things directly. I especially like that you can make a copy of every document very easily and that you can control the share setting in a myriad of ways.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you cannot do everything on Google Docs that you can do on Google Slides. I also do not like how often Google Docs are incorrectly formatted when it is converted from a Word file

I have been able to manage multiple projects at once, with people all over the world. Instead of constantly emailing people, I can just share a google doc and then see all of the changes and edits they have made.

Google Docs review by <span>Hannah M.</span>
Hannah M.

"Everything I Need In One Place"

What do you like best?

I love being able to dump all of my documents into one place & know that they will be there even if my laptop crashes. It gives me a sense of security & peace that I don't get from other softwares. Also, as long as I know my email & password, I can access my documents wherever & whenever I want!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't really have anything negative to say. Google Docs is very self-explanatory & easy to use. There's nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to anyone who does a lot of writing, whether that be for school or work or personal reasons. You never know when your computer will die on you, but Google Docs stores all of your work in a cloud online, so you never lose it!

As a writer, it is imperative that I keep my word documents safe! So uploading them into Google Docs provides me with the security I need.

Google Docs review by <span>Ramesh J.</span>
Ramesh J.

"Make documents online from any device"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is the best way to maintain a virtual office. Now you do not need to track documents and problems with e-mail - save a version of the document online and give access to all those who need it. It is also very easy to organize everything in the folder.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit slow. Ideal for basic and intermediate activities and resources, but it does not have advanced content that is used by minority users in the MS Office package. I hate that I can not copy the images to the clipboard of the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to explore the site. It is always easy to use if you know what you are doing. Do not be afraid to seek help from your friends, your boss or even Google!

Benefits are not responsible; They have a powerful package of documents based on cloud computing, available everywhere, common and very important. Regardless of whether the operating system is compatible with the most popular platform, it can always be used, dependable and used on all devices.

Google Docs review by <span>Carly N.</span>
Carly N.

"Google Docs Has Changed the Face of Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Google Docs makes editing documents as a team extraordinarily easy. As with other programs like Microsoft Word, Google Docs allows us to "suggest" changes that appear in the document in a different color until they are approved. It also allows us to add comments throughout the document. These comments can be "assigned" to people, who will then receive an email. Google Docs allows many people to work in the same document at once. It's simple to go back and see previous forms of the document and who made what changes without having to sift through a slew of various emailed versions of a document. Files can then be instantly converted into a more commonly-used file format (such as a pdf or a Word document). We use it as a platform for pre-meeting discussion as well, which enables us to see and comment on one another's pre-meeting questions and ideas so that we can come in better prepared for a productive meeting, making the most of short amounts of time.

What do you dislike?

Google Docs has undergone several improvements in the past few years. One current area of potential future growth would be having a text-to-speech option integrated with the software.

Google docs has made it easier than ever to organize, edit, and collaborate on documents. Using it has helped to keep everyone on the same page and allow for better and more productive collaboration on everything from meeting plans to major grants.

Google Docs review by <span>Ronetsy s.</span>
Ronetsy s.

"your office wherever you are"

What do you like best?

I love the way of having the work tools of my office in the cloud. I can write any document from my phone or my tablet without any problem saving them in the cloud and then print when I get to my office or even send it by email is very simple. It seems to me a quick solution without installations of any type you only have access having a gmail account you already have access to these fabulous tools.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I have to always save my document first in google drive before downloading it to my local computer, there are times when I am afraid of writing data documents and very sensitive information, since I do not know how security is handled in these aspects and I think that if it is available in the cloud, my account could be hacked and access to these documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be able to have documents in the cloud easily accessible this is your program, since you can access from any device with internet connection and edit in real time.

It has allowed me to save a lot of time, since I do not need to be directly in the office to be able to enter to write a document, I can also share this document live and my bosses and supervisors are collaborating immediately, it seems very good since this Saves a lot of work time.

Google Docs review by <span>Francis Carolina L.</span>
Francis Carolina L.

"The best software ever to create a document on the cloud"

What do you like best?

It's affordable, easier to use than other. It has a friendly and intuitive interface, which is a plus, because you do not have to waste time learning how to use it. This tool has helped me a lot to avoid problems of losing documents and interacting at the same time with my co-workers who are in other countries.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is not something that I dislike about Google Docs. Obviously as a customer of this type of service, I am always waiting for improvements. Maybe I would like the interface to be more jazzy, but that does not influence the functionality of the service. It could be customizable, such as the email inbox

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be several people working on it at the same time. Which is very good, because a team can work in a coupled way, being in different places.

A few months ago, I started a project in the entertainment area with a friend. Together we produce a program in podcast format called "The Brunch Show". The thing is, I'm in a different country where my friend lives and the tool that has saved our lives to make the project work is Google Docs. In this we write the scripts together, we can leave comments for discussions of the written. We have even used it as an instant messaging service when we are recording the program. For now it's all for me

Google Docs review by <span>Kristina G.</span>
Kristina G.

"Google Docs is a simple, easy to use collaboration tool."

What do you like best?

I love that I can share a document with someone one time and they will always have the most up to date version from then on. It eliminates the need for me to constantly resend a document with the changes and updates. It makes collaboration easy and fun. It simplifies and streamlines the collaboration process. The ability to access my documents from any computer or phone is extremely handy. I also like the autosave feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the folders within Google Docs are not visible on the main home page. I'd like the organization of the docs to be easier and more visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that you use this product as a team to collaborate faster on work projects.

It solves the issue of needing to spend time emailing updated documents. It makes it so that everyone is immediately and literally on the same page.

Google Docs review by <span>Christopher S.</span>
Christopher S.

"Google Docs: Why would anyone want to use Word??"

What do you like best?

GDocs is the answer to a question no one knew they were asking. It's a 100% free, cloud-based, fully featured word processor. It may not have every tiny feature that Word has, but it has everything that matters. And in many cases, it forces you to abandon stupid conventions from the world of print media in favor of smarter ways of organizating data.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing! If there's a flaw in Google Docs, it's really just a matter of preference I think. There could be some improvement on the way drawings are handled, and it would be nice if you could choose from ALL Google Fonts. Also, html markdown would be amazing if it were integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch today and don't look back. You'll have a month of time adjusting to the new system, but if you ever go back to Office, you'll regret it immediately.

Our entire school district switched to Gsuite 3 years ago and never looked back. Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms have become a daily go-to for every teacher in the district. Our students are also 1 to 1 chromebook equipped, so having a cloud-based editing suite is essential.

Google Docs review by <span>Santiago A.</span>
Santiago A.

"Office automation was never more accessible and efficient"

What do you like best?

You do not have to install anything, you do not have to make the format compatible with an old version of any office program. Just enough to have a google account and forget to take pendrive or other storage device. One of the reasons why I give the highest rating, is because the files can be shared by friends, family or colleagues and do a joint editing, additionally, Google is constantly updating the platform, so any contribution is received and considered.

What do you dislike?

If the file is very loaded with images it takes a long time to respond, more if it has shared edition. Another element is the dependence on the internet, without access to the network you will not be able to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use this option that Google offers, if you already use Microsoft Office, it will be the most friendly migration you can experience, apart from giving you total control over who and how you access your documents, you can save a lot of money and What I value most, time. You will go from worrying about the viruses that may have the pendrives you use, just think about the cloud, is the evolution of online work.

It is not necessary to make a long call, or a video conference to organize the content of the work. Currently I am using it in two ways, for professional work and for my recent venture in a podcast, we do pre-production under the Google Docs tool, my program partner is in Costa Rica, which helps us to go editing in real time, all the details, add notes to the document and include aspects that arise at the moment of conceiving the next episode of the Podcast. It saves a lot of time, an important element for me.

Google Docs review by <span>Mikaela H.</span>
Mikaela H.

"Great for Grants"

What do you like best?

We love using Google Docs at our organization (we are a nonprofit) because of the ease to edit and see others edits, especially for large text, such as grants and press releases.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we do not like about Google Docs. The product itself is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is free with our Google emails (as well as Google Sheets, Google Cal, etc) and we love the ease of being able to all work on a document together, see each other's edits and ask questions to be answered to each other. With our old projects, only one user would be able to work on it at once- Google Drive (inclusive of Google Docs) multiple users can work on the same document.

We typically work on a cloud and by using a "network" or "cloud" two people cannot open or edit a document at once. With Google Docs, we can all work on the same document, make edits or changes and see what others have done. It makes teamwork easy and our projects get done faster.

Google Docs review by <span>Asya H.</span>
Asya H.

"Structure "

What do you like best?

I love the feature of being able to edit each document all at once! Also, another great feature is how Google Docs saves the document instantly and even if you close out of the browser, all of your information is saved. I love the fact that you are able to share your information, research or document with other people in your workplace or class setting. You can see live of what each user is editing and including in the document as you type and have multiple users on at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I would say that I dislike the editing tools, I prefer all of Microsoft Word's editing tools more, because it seems more on the creative side and more features that you have access to. Maybe, Google Docs could feature more online templates that are implemented through this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are able to create separate folders in the Google Drive account, but it still holds all of your documents from your Google Docs account. Creating the folders helped me become a lot more organized and structured with using this platform for different uses such as, school, workplace and personal/business. Being able to organize all of this information is important.

Being able to plan out future training events and work together in a team setting with other student supervisors. Being able to share important information with other co workers and higher up staff members. A quick way to take effective notes at supervisor weekly meetings.

Google Docs review by <span>Libia G.</span>
Libia G.

"excellent application to share documents and avoid the accumulation of duplicate documents"

What do you like best?

Excellent application to work in teams and avoid duplication of documents, it is very stable and secure, you can establish which people will have access to edit files, it is great because it allows you to keep updated the final versions of documents, you can always have access to a printable version of the document, totally secure to backup files

What do you dislike?

always latent human error, if any member of the group with access to editing deletes a file by mistake this will be lost, the modifications of the files should be subject to the approval of an administrator, it is necessary that the application generates a backup of versions previous, and it would be excellent if future versions have a greater variety of conditions for the edition

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I would recommend it, it is a free and functional option for anyone who works and needs to share files. it is efficient and totally safe

has allowed me to work in a team with a high level of organization, avoiding the unnecessary accumulation of documents, in general lines is an excellent application that can be used in the academic, professional and personal

Google Docs review by <span>Hesham E.</span>
Hesham E.

"Easiest documentation with Google Docs"

What do you like best?

I can preview and edit my Google documents from my cell phone very easily, it is a really great feature saved me a lot out of working hours, I can work on my Google Docs even offline! it helps me a lot, I can share my documents for review and edit to my managers very easily, and I can send my Docs to my team for comments which supports their engagement and ownership.

What do you dislike?

Google Docs don't differentiate between Docs with the name automatically, as they should add a date time or even the owner with the name of the document if its name already exists in the same domain, also it didn't pop up to enable the offline mode automatically when I editing a Doc and a problem happened in the internet

I'm using it for documentation purposes and for reporting project status, also for following up on my team's work out of working hours.

Google Docs review by <span>Luz Elena M.</span>
Luz Elena M.

"Una Herramienta Siempre Útil"

What do you like best?

Me gusta mucho la plataforma por su diseño minimalista y ligero, es una herramienta excelente para crear documentos sencillos, muy útil a la hora de hacer anotaciones cortas y documentos de último momento que puedes compartir rapidamente por varios medios y en diferentes formatos.

Con Google Docs puedes trabajar sin contratiempos, en cualqueir momentos y en cualquier lugar sin tener que descargar nada directamente a tu equipo.

What do you dislike?

Es una herramienta útil cuando puedes utilizarla en línea o en la aplicación móvil pero es un problema acceder a los archivos desde un móvil cuando no tienes instalada la aplicación.

Me gustaría poder acceder a mis archivos con facilidad desde la Web y sin tener que descargarme la aplicación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs es una herramienta perfecta para crear, editar y compartir documentos, es fácil de utilizar y puedes acceder al servicio si tienes un correo electróico Gmail, es todo lo que necesitas si deseas crear documentos de forma rápida y segura y todo esto completamente en línea.

Lo mejor de google Docs es la posibilidad de editar y compartir archivos rapidamente sin necesidad de descargar nada a tu equipo, solo debes acceder a tu cuenta de correo Gmail, buscar Google Docs y empezar a utilizarlo rapidamente.

En muchas ocasiones he resuelto detalles de última hora con Google Docs, es un salva vidas perfecto para acceder a tus archivos desde cualquier lugar y en el momento que los necesites.

Google Docs review by <span>Jesus R.</span>
Jesus R.

"Interact with Others in Google Docs"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I feel attracted to this service is the facility in which you can edit and modify different documents from different formats in real time, whether I can do it individualy or shared with other users.This allows to create documents that are visualized and manipulated by a group of people, whose have total access to these documents. One advantage is users are notified when one of their documents are updated or modified in a blink of an eye.

What do you dislike?

Edition process may be complex because of the tool tabs, which are not so specific in realation to what each one of them can do. For instance: when inserting an element to the text, it can become difficult to manipulate, since the tools established for that action do not specify the work that must be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a very good product, but my recommendation is that it should only be used if it is necessary the interaction of different users within the same document in real time, otherwise it would be more convenient to use another type of simpler software.

Especially I have been able to create, edit and display various files and documents wherever I am in any of my collaborators just to access my Google account, which makes it convenient to have everything stored in a single space and that can be modified when you want for who has the permission to do it.

Google Docs review by <span>Rohan P.</span>
Rohan P.

"Realtime collaboration tool for documents | Google Docs"

What do you like best?

The realtime collaborative behavior of Google Docs and the full Google Suite of products is that it is realtime and all the added members can edit and view at the same time. It helps in taking notes of different topic at the same time

What do you dislike?

A native app on windows/mac/linux would be awesome, which it currently doesn't have. Nativeness will add a really good flavor to the app. Otherwise, I am really happy with all the features Google Docs currently has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend.

It solves the problem of note taking during a Meeting. No need to carry the traditional Pen and Paper everytime. Google docs helps in a big part of it. Best part of it is that it is synced across all our devices and across all collaborators added for that particular meeting. Also, it can be directly shared with everyone in the room as soon as the meeting ends.

Google Docs review by <span>Sydney G.</span>
Sydney G.

"Innovative and Simple!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Google Docs for years now, from college to graduate school to the professional workplace. We now use it at the agency I am currently employed for so many different projects. It's easy to organize documents in the Drive and we can do nearly anything we need to do via Docs.

What do you dislike?

If someone doesn't know how to use it, it can be complicated to explain. I would suggest maybe providing a tutorial at the startup could be helpful if that has not been implemented yet. I was well versed in using Microsoft Word and other Google programs, so navigating Google Docs was more simple for me to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Google Docs. I love the ease of use and the opportunity to collaborate with my coworkers and employees at partner agencies all in one place.

My current organization uses Google Docs to schedule shifts for all staff, as well as type up court reports and daily notices for our weekly meetings and court reviews.

Google Docs review by <span>Kyle S.</span>
Kyle S.

"Great collaborative tool"

What do you like best?

The best part of it is the ability to cross collaborate with all of my coworkers on a document. I also have a function built into Slack that notifies me whenever someone updates a document or tags me.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult to do certain functions that are easier to figure out in Excel. It does not quite have the full functionality of Excel but it is very close.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are knowledgable with Word and Excel, that knowledge will transfer over easily. Give it a try because it makes document creation much easier than Excel and Word do.

Collaboration without needing to message outside of Google Docs is the best feature of this. I like how you can see live updates, and also see what revisions have been made in the past. A previous version can be easily restored if mistakes are made...which is always bound to happen. You can use any function that Excel has, such as clean, concatenate, sum, etc. Google Docs is great because it is integrated well with all other applications of Google, also most other vendors have support for Google Docs. It is also nice that you can limit the amount of access that others have to your documents, making me more likely to feel comfortable sharing documents since the other individual will not be able to edit it unless I give them access to. It is also very easy to change these permissions on the fly.

Google Docs review by <span>Gabriel L.</span>
Gabriel L.

"A free online software that will effectively handle all of your word processing needs."

What do you like best?

First and foremost, this service is comparable to Microsoft Word, but is completely free. This makes Google Docs the perfect solution to any individual, whether it be an elementary student or industry professional. It can easily be shared among friends and workmates so that you can get the job done.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited number of templates that Google offers. If there could be more of a selection for reporting my company's finances. However, this is a free service and so I understand the lack of selection. This would not negatively impact my rating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is an entry-level word processing application that can fulfill all your basic needs. It has an uncluttered and simple interface that will please everyone using it. Most importantly, however, the documents are auto-saved to your Google account, so that they are available wherever you sign in. Sharing your documents has never been easier, and the embedded chat option makes it easy to collaborate. It also has great export options so that files can be downloaded in a variety of formats. However, if you want a more comprehensive program, then refer to Microsoft Word, but that requires a paid annual subscription.

I work with a non-profit organization that seeks to empower students within the Chicago Public School district and increase computer science awareness. I realized that Google Docs gives me the collaboration and efficiency I need to complete my project. By belonging to Google Drive, it is also easily accessible to all members.

Google Docs review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"The best collaborative documents creator and editor released "

What do you like best?

Google Docs has almost everything you need to create and edit documents, plus, it's collaborative. You can work the same document at the same time with several people; you can add comments, and you have a history of changes, so if you mess up you can go back and restore it, that it's great!!

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that competition has and Google docs hasn't, and if you have to work with realy big files, it could be an issue if you don't have a good computer or internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is the best tool you can incorporate to your company or work, you can have almost everything you have with the competition's software plus it's save on the cloud, plus it's collaborative and you have history of changes. For real it's the best of all.

Document creation, edition of everything. We do proposals, documentation of projects, supports plans. Everything.

Google Docs review by <span>Aditya S.</span>
Aditya S.

"Easily Store and Edit Documents"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is very convenient and helpful software for writing documents. It saves our documents in Drive so it's very easy to store and download. It also provides real-time editing between more than one user so they can work parallel. It provides readymade templates which are very helpful and save our time. Docs is the software owned by Google and it's free of cost which is linked with Drive.

What do you dislike?

We have to install add-on for every advanced work so it's not convenient and wastage of time and resources. Docs only available if we are online so it's not working offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is very good and best collaborative document sharing tool for documentation. If you are industry, Professional, or student then just go for it once.

In my business, for professional documentation, we are using Google Docs. It's very easy to use and Employees can work parallel to documentation.

Google Docs review by <span>Maricel  B.</span>
Maricel B.

"Best document sharing and editing program"

What do you like best?

I like how fast and easy it is to use. You are able to do work and collaborate with others without being together in the same room. You are able to edit a document on the go and others will see it right away. I like how it saves automatically.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really I dislike. The only thing is that it's only online. This is only a problem if you don't have internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to work on one document together or need to get updates from your staff at work without receiving multiple files and emailing each one. Google docs is very helpful because you can do it all in one document. You are able to share it right away and see changes made live.

We are able to share and edit one document very easily with one another without having to continuously emailing and saving multiple files. We are able to see it all in one.

Google Docs review by <span>Hugh L.</span>
Hugh L.

"The best product for collaborative work"

What do you like best?

I use google docs constantly over all of my devices. Even if I leave my device at home, or something happens and it breaks, I can pick up exactly where I left off on any device. The free ease of access in incredible!

Document sharing a collaborative work.

Being able to download as a docx. if i need to share with someone who doesn't use Google Docs.

The fact that it all functions within a browser tab and I don't need to install clunky software.

What do you dislike?

I can genuinely say that I do not dislike anything about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't made the jump to Google Docs from Microsoft office, you just need to take the plunge, it is worth it!

We are able to almost paradoxically work remotely, and together.

The sharing means anyone can open phone or laptop in a meeting and we can all see the same thing with live updates. This saves time and money in not needing to be able to print anything for meetings.

Google Docs review by <span>Kelsi C.</span>
Kelsi C.

"Real Time Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I can use this as a group note taking software. If one person is writing, others can edit in real time, making this the perfect way for a group to coordinate notes and ideas without interrupting a training exercise.

What do you dislike?

In order to share or print this document without giving someone access to the drive, you have to download a hard copy, which can sometimes mess up the format of the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hate sending documents to your team and are left wondering if everyone has an updated copy, this is for you. You can update in real time and permanently share documents with anyone.

I use google docs to gain real time collaboration from my team. Everyone can access the same document at the same time, which allows project editing to happen faster. Everyone can also learn my thought process as I document my calls with customers and take notes.

Google Docs review by <span>Nicole Marie C.</span>
Nicole Marie C.

"Collaboration Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is fantastic for collaboration - it's so easy for team members to upload their content to a collaborative document, and the comments features allow other users to flag, review, and comment other team members' work.

What do you dislike?

Since Google Docs is a web-based product, it's sometimes a little slow, and it has fewer features than Microsoft Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I often type my original content in another document editor (e.g. Microsoft Word) and then copy and paste to Google Docs. That said, Google Docs is an amazing collaboration tool that I would highly recommend.

Google Docs is one of the most convenient ways to collaborate. When working on team projects, each person can easily add to a single Doc, and when the project is completed, it's very easy for the team leader to review everyone's work, track any changes to the product, and submit it for the next step.

Google Docs review by <span>Meghan U.</span>
Meghan U.

"Google Docs is the best word processing software available"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is lightweight, easy-to-use, and yet has all the functionality you would possibly need to create effective documents, notes, and reports. The commenting and tagging features are great and easy to use. Version control and auto-save is also highly effective and it's simple to track changes. Text styling options are intuitive and highly customizable.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to upload our own font files, similar to Font Book, as we use frequently Google docs to create branded documents. Email notifications of comments is also somewhat overwhelming and messy, I find it hard to keep track of outstanding comments across multiple documents. Integrating images into the text could also be improved, with more options for customizing spacing and placement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend for any word processing needs over products like Word, Pages, etc. The absolute best platform for collaboration on word documents. Commenting and assigning edits is seamless and easy.

Google Docs is essential for effective team collaboration and getting feedback on important technical documents, such as feature specs. Its ease-of-use in notetaking and organizing information is perfect for generating reports, documenting user interviews, and laying out product and marketing copy.

Google Docs review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.

"Excellent and very practical to make documents."

What do you like best?

This application is very easy to use adapts to any platform. It can be easily installed in any operating system. It is based on free software. It has great versatility and allows you to create, edit and modify documents. We can share these documents online to be able to be modified between several users without altering their content. With this application you can allow access to other users who are in other places, this access can be restricted, that is, I can give users privileges to read only, modify or delete the document.

All my works, such as: reports, projects, theses, etc. I can save them in the cloud and review them with google doc anywhere, in the same way I can request the work of my students by mail and review them online, with the convenience of not having papers on top. So in this way I contribute ecologically, since I do not spend paper or ink and my students, teachers and friends can save a lot of money by using this application since they will not have to print documents.

What do you dislike?

To be able to share documents I have to have Internet service. it is only compatible with the Google suite. I can not visualize my documents if I am in a lugra without signal. It does not maintain the format of documents imported from other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maintain the format of other documents so as not to distort the vision of the document.

You can share documents through the cloud so that other users can collaborate in the drafting and debug important documents, such as theses, projects, etc.

Google Docs review by <span>Peter K.</span>
Peter K.

"Most convinient word processor"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is the most convinient word processor I have ever used. It does not require me to download a word processor because I can access it via a web browser. On top of that Google docs easily works with gmail and google drive. It lets us easily view edit and collaborate on documents.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a serious issue with Google Docs though I would be happy to see a version of the software that will work offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is a very suitable word processor that do not require any installations. Its also easy to use and anyone would definately like it.

We use Google Docs to view, create, edit and manage documents. Its easy to use and very convinient beacuse I can use it even when traveling and I can access it using my smart phone via a web browser.

Google Docs review by <span>Inez V.</span>
Inez V.

"Microsoft Word Lite, especially in the wallet"

What do you like best?

Affordability. Multiple editors at once all collaborative business-client relationships and internal teams to work seamlessly. Practical, online alternative nature makes transition to this tool from MS Word an absolute cakewalk. Not to mention that it automatically saves without constant Ctrl+S creep seeping into your doc creation habits.

What do you dislike?

For document preservation in a Windows environment, you need to make wholesale changes to google drive document preservation. Good in some ways, bad in others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for collaborative conference calling and screen sharing, which allows you and the clients to see edits and confirm new edicts in real-time. If the goal is better collaboration and document integrity, you're in great shape using Google Docs. But you need to go into this prepared and ready. Google drive is going to be the main area where you share everything. Be ready for the upheaval, Windows fans. Your old folders need to become Google Drive compliant. If you can cope with that, re-create them in Google Drive, and ensure your clients are capable of collaborating in this environment with you, your collaboration capabilities will go through the roof. If you cannot do this, I'd recommend the LibreOffice suits of tools instead. They're Windows Explorer compatible, they have Excel and PowerPoint alternatives, and they're free to download but with equal capabilities to boast of.

Collaborate with opensource businesses. We can now collaborate more effectively with those businesses without compromising on quality.

Google Docs review by <span>Christin P.</span>
Christin P.

"Great to use with clients!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of sharing documents and collaborating in real time. We each can log in and make changes to documents and sheets and it's a huge time saver. I no longer have to call or email to ask questions. I also love that you can control what the other users can do... just view the sheet, make comments, or make changes.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. The only thing I can think of is that I do love Microsoft Office word and excel, so it's hard for me to want to switch to the Google products to make it all easier. I will say they Google products seem to pretty much function exactly like the Office versions. It's just something I'll have to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You will save so much time and energy. It will dramatically improve your workflow and collaboration capabilities. It will also make you look great to your team and/or clients. No more headaches. You will not regret it!

Asking questions to my client and getting answers. Building a spreadsheet of numbers but these numbers need to come from a few different people and we aren't all in the same office.

Google Docs review by <span>Faris E.</span>
Faris E.

"Google Docs: Revolutionizing Word Processing"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is free! Not only that, but it allows for collaboration on the same document at the same time! This aspect does wonders for group assignments, as people can highlight areas of confusion, add notes, and even open up a chat room for the members of the google doc. This software was built for collaboration and fluidity. In addition to this, when everyone is satisfied with the Google doc, anyone can download it into a format they choose, including Microsoft Word.

What do you dislike?

There are some aspects of Google docs that feel lacking, compared to Microsoft Word. The selection of shapes, figures, and overall creative page design is rather bare-bones. This is a software primarily intended for simple word processing, however, so it is not a huge deterrence from the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have easy access to Microsoft Word, Google Docs is your solution. However, even on its own, Google Docs is the superior cloud-based word processing software around.

When faced with a group paper or group assignment, Google Docs allows us to see each other's ideas and solutions, in real-time, and in one place. This does wonders for the innovations that our group can reach, and it allows us to better create a product that feels like a collective group's work, rather than individual pieces thrown together.

Google Docs review by <span>Caroline M.</span>
Caroline M.

"Collaborative, Easy, Cloud-Based, & Feature-Rich"

What do you like best?

I love that Google Docs is based in the cloud, making it accessible from anywhere. Since all of my work and personal documents are on Google Docs, all I need to work is internet access and a device. I also love how collaborative it is. As a teacher, collaborating with others in my department is critical. Google Docs allows me to manage sharing permissions and lets others comment, suggest, or write directly on the document in real time. We can work together and at the same time on the same document, perfecting it for each other and our students! It also makes it much easier to share assessments or worksheets since it shares in the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

Google Docs doesn't have all of the features as Microsoft Word and other word processing software. This forces users to create work-arounds for commonly used features, such as columns (in Google Docs I just create a table). Since I have used Google Docs as my only word processor for so long, I do not miss these features but it can take some getting used to.

Collaboration with students and teachers, editing and commenting, sharing documents, never having to worry about compatibility, easy access from anywhere in the world and on any device.

Google Docs review by <span>Neel P.</span>
Neel P.

"Google Docs | Free professional Editor"

What do you like best?

Firstly, this service is comparable to Microsoft Word, but it's completely free. These ready-made templates are very useful and save time. It can be easily shared between friends and colleagues. Google Docs is a very useful and useful tool for writing documents. Software documentation is owned by Google and is associated with Drive free of charge. I like it to be quick and easy to use. Real-time collaboration with Google Docs and the full set of Google products is that in real-time, all added members can edit and view at a time. This makes Google Docs an ideal solution for anyone, regardless of whether it is a primary student or industry professional.

What do you dislike?

It doesnt work when offline. If it were downloadable and standalone like Office it would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it because it makes writing documents much easier than Excel and Word. Google Docs is basic word processing that can meet all of your basic requirements. I am user-friendly and want the opportunity to collaborate with staff in one place in the partner organization. I recommend using Google Docs

You can see everything one by one. If you make a mistake, you can easily restore the previous version. You can also share directly with everyone at the end of the meeting. Today, organizations use Google Docs to schedule shifts for all employees. The best use-case is collaboration without having to send messages outside of Google Docs.

It's easy to use and allows people like us to work in parallel with the document.

Google Docs review by <span>Tracey M.</span>
Tracey M.

"Google Docs - Great to have a mobile suite of products but some limitations that make it hard to use"

What do you like best?

I love being able to collaborate with teammates on a document and have access to them wherever I am. The way that Sheets and Docs integrate together really well also is extremely impressive. It's easy to use and navigate and the interface is simple and easy to use if you are used to any typical word processing type program on your desktop or other on the web.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting appears to do odd things at times. And there are some limited options for functionality and aesthetics. However these are often overcome by the efficiencies gained in the things I like best plus the fact that it is in the cloud and able to be used as a collaborative tool which makes google docs more living documents than documents created once then filed away on a PC to never be used again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether a cloud based product is for you first of all. If it is it's a matter of considering which one and what features you require. If you use gmail or gsuite then this would most likely be your best bet. A great product but I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forms of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

We are solving problems of docs being saved specifically on a persons PC and being unable to be sourced easily. Docs also encourages collaboration and with the comments and resolved feature allows live collaboration and amendments.

Google Docs review by <span>Shelby R.</span>
Shelby R.

"Amazing Solution"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Google Docs is the flexibility with the cloud. So long as you have internet access, you can get to your documents at any time through Google Drive via your email. Docs function so much like word, it's very easy to use. once you get used to the interface, you are able to knock out any type of writing you need to do. I also love the commenting and sharing features. When you need a collaborative group, Docs makes it easy to see who's currently viewing and editing the document that is open. You can also backtrack any edit from the history of changes made on the document. I also love how you can export out as a word doc, that's a really nice feature.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be helpful for a more organized way of storing all your media and documents. The drive has a great system but could use some love. The size allowed to email is small so if your item is over 25mb then it get's complicated. It also gets tricky when the person receiving the Google doc is not a Google user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Google as a source when it comes to documents especially in a collaborative environment and workplace!

Google Docs makes it so easy to collaborate with coworkers. Using Google has a great solution to editing docs in real time and sharing with others.

Google Docs review by <span>Ellen G.</span>
Ellen G.

"Efficient , user friendly word processer."

What do you like best?

Google Docs has revolutionized word processing in so many ways. This tool is so amazingly awesome. What I like best about Google Docs is that I can work in my documents using my cellphone or tablet. Documents are saved every time a change is made to them so there is no need to keep hitting save, nor is there the risk that you'll lose your work.

What do you dislike?

Being honest, nothing seems worse with this awesome free software but there is always some area of improvements. Formatting can be a little hard to get done and importing files usually break that aspect of the document

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you go through this neat and clean , cloud-based word processor, you will love this. Take some time to compare and learn about the difference in features with MS Word. Their cross-device compatibility makes Google Docs awesome .

I have been working in documents and drafts, and thanks to the live group editing feature. It has helped me to bridge the gap between partners that live in geographically different areas.

Google Docs review by <span>Connie R.</span>
Connie R.

"User-friendly Document Collaborative Program"

What do you like best?

Accessibility. The number one thing I love about Google Docs is the simple fact that I can access my documents anywhere I have internet. Second to that, the ease in which I can collaborate with my team and clients. Beyond that, I feel that my documents are safe within Google cloud storage, which is a big item/requirement when considering mass storage of contracts, writing and standard procedures.

What do you dislike?

All my work documents start in Word, and while most of the basic tools are similar in Google Docs, there are a slew of options missing. Now, for the most part, that's a non-issue, as I tend to use Google Docs primarily for collaboration/edit/review, but occasionally, since I use it for book-writing, it would be nice to have all the same tools/presets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy collab software option that allows you to integrate input and commentary from your team, share with clients and build a one-stop library of accessible documents, processes, etc, at minimal cost, then consider using Google Docs. It's easy, standard user-inuitive tool set, and overall covers the requirements of most document management departments.

A comprehensive option for document collaboration/review, with Google Docs I can:

1) adjust access per person,

2) check and see if everyone has touched it,

3) see their edits, comments and suggestions (and make my own that they can see/review), and

4) archive our work documents in a singular, accessible place for the whole group

Google Docs review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.

"Great, fast, free, online, intuitive word processing option"

What do you like best?

Google docs is free, doesn't require installation on PC, is fast intuitive, not bloated, vastly available on multiple devices from PCs, tablets, and smartphones, syncs between devices and with your Google account.

Allows for super intuitive and seamless online sharing and editing, has most of the required editing and formatting tools available on other word processing software, has full integration with the Google ecosystem of apps and devices, has instant save online and reliable backups, and allows viewing and editing files created in other software packages.

What do you dislike?

Compatibility with files created using other word processing software needs improving. While most of the files will open and be fully editable without losing any features, some files with advanced formatting tools, pictures, media, and advanced format will be available to view save and print, but will get messed up once you attempt to edit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to see check if some of the advanced doc files you create in other software will be fully compatible before commiting.

Google Docs has allowed me to view, print and edit files on the go, quickly and on multiple devices when Microsoft Word wasn't an option.

Google Docs review by <span>Ann M.</span>
Ann M.

"Effective online word Docs"

What do you like best?

I like the easy way to create an online Doc using all features exists in the normal MS word, I like the "sharing" feature as I can share any created Doc by me or even share the a folder contains all Docs for a specific project, the sharing control is amazing, I can share it in public or with anyone has the link or with anyone in my domain or finally for specific people, I like also the privileges level it provides as I can give edit, comment or view only access to my Doc, I like also that I can change the ownership of my Docs to others when delegating the ownership to one of my team, I like the grid view of my Docs, it facilitate a fast visual search.

What do you dislike?

May be it takes sometime to load but everything else is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Docs for all companies need to keep their important Docs in a save place

Create all project's documents, create training documents and PM processes.

Google Docs review by <span>Marc R.</span>
Marc R.

"Getting Better"

What do you like best?

Google docs is a great cloud service. It helps keep all of our teams files organized and gives them the ability to access all of the files no matter where they are located. I also like the new Google Stream App, It makes it much easier to access our directories without actually logging in to Google. It's very easy to move files around, and keep the entire team synced.

What do you dislike?

Syncing files from Google stream seems to take awhile. Also, if 2 team members try to open the same file, it crashes the finder. This seems like something Google Engineers will streamline over time. I dislike that sharing folders is not an option on Google Drive. Sometimes I need to share the location of a folder and its entire contents but you can not do this. I have to share files within the folder individually. I think this should be fixed soon too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When used in combination with Google Drive and Google Stream, this is an excellent suite of products.

Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Stream act as our teams server. We create beautiful storyboards using Google Slides and create powerful spreadsheets. It benefits us because we are a creative team who employs quite a few freelancers, using all of these Google products allows them to work remotely. It also gives our sales team access to the storyboards from the web.

Google Docs review by <span>Lauren W.</span>
Lauren W.

"Good for collaboration but not ideal"

What do you like best?

This has most of the features you'd find in Microsoft Word, minus a few formatting options. It's tracks changes others have made which is helpful, and shows you who's online while you're working on a doc.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with formatting options on Google Docs. In my opinion, it is easier just to use Microsoft Word but when multiple people are needed to complete a report or document, this is the easiest (although not the ideal) way to get it done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When a final version of the document is complete, it's helpful to download and open the doc in Microsoft Word to work on formatting (if that's a concern for you).

Google docs allows us to create and share reports, giving others the opportunity to make comments or suggestions. It's very helpful for having the latest version of a doc handy, and not having to sift through numerous other files where other people have made changes.

Google Docs review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

"Convenient, User Friendly and Efficient"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is the best way to maintain a virtual office. No more tracking documents and edits through e-mail - keep a single version of a document online and give everyone access who needs it. It's also super easy to keep everything organized in folders.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that documents that are shared with you and documents that you create end up on different dashboards. Sometimes I've spent a few minutes looking for a document only to realize that I'm on the "Shared with You" tab instead of the "My Documents" tab.

I've worked for a non-profit for 4 years that is based out of San Diego, while I've been on the East Coast. I've had virtually no in-person contact with my boss. But Google Docs has allowed us to work on the same documents with ease, tracking edits and crafting them together without any hiccups in working on old versions or losing edits. It's also allowed us to easily be able to give new employees easy access to the organization's database - all they need is an invite to our Google Drive. It's definitely the simplest solution for small organizations without a centralized HQ.

Google Docs review by <span>Silvia M.</span>
Silvia M.

"Most Versatile Word Processor Online"

What do you like best?

It's really easy for google made indispensable software and services. Google Docs its one of them. Why? Because it allows, in a completely free way, to:

Download files in a variety of formats, auto-save documents to your Google account, has an simple and versatile interface, share your documents or keep them private in a simple and immediate way, automatically identifies spelling errors, embedded chat application makes it easy to collaborate.

So, what more do you want for a free service?

What do you dislike?

For use it you must have Google Account (who dont have one nowadays?), work only online, doesn't have advanced editing tools, typical of word processor, sometimes file format and layout its changed

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many benefits in use Google Doc service, yes I still use Microsoft Word in 80% of cases but if there are documents I need to share for work or with family then Google Docs is the way to go.

Fast document editor, easy way of share it and collaborate with other team. In our society we use it even for simple note. With online editor, we reduced costs due to a license of traditional word processor and increase productivity thanks of collaborative nature of the service.

Google Docs review by <span>Amr M.</span>
Amr M.

"Docs"

What do you like best?

It is a "light" word, and the most useful is online, so I can access all our products manuals and documentation on site within the client's environment, also sharing the docs with any one have the link is a great feature, so our clients can access it themselves and even can comment suggestions on our products manuals which is a great opportunity for new sales, also we\the client can download any documents easily and edit it with no problems and re-upload and share it again with us, a new great feature is the offline editing it really saves our time.

What do you dislike?

It has no option to give edit access to specific users in a limited time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for all companies care about any kind of documentation

Create product manuals and related use cases, store files online and share with our clients or internally

Google Docs review by <span>Rebecca C.</span>
Rebecca C.

"Great for Teamwork"

What do you like best?

What I like most is that you can collaborate with multiple (unlimited!) people in real time. You do not have to get together in person to edit documents at the same time. This is particularly useful for team brainstorming sessions when people might have random inspirations when they are off work.

What do you dislike?

A minor thing is that the formatting of the document is limited, so it is best to copy/paste the document to another tool (eg. Microsoft word, InDesign) before creating a final more aesthetically pleasing final copy.

Another thing is that I am having difficulty switching back and forth between accounts in my web browser from the drop down menu. I always have to log in and out which is inconvenient. If this could be fixed that would improve the experience drastically. However, this feature works fine on mobile.

I especially find this tool useful when working with my marketing team, as we are also able to use this together to edit copy and marketing collateral. It is also a good place to keep track of changing inventory and prices. I also really like the commenting function as you can pinpoint specific words/sentences without taking away from the original piece. It's easy to give multiple people access to the work so no one is left out!

Google Docs review by <span>Tim T.</span>
Tim T.

"Can't remember the last time I used MS Word"

What do you like best?

Google Docs has been irreplaceable for the last 5-6 years for me. By "Docs", I'm talking about the GDocs suite which includes a word processor, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. The biggest reason is its real-time collaboration features, ability to be accessed/edited from any device, and ability to see a history of edits to roll back to a previous version. It's not even a particularly perfect application, but its value is tremendous and if you're integrated into the Google ecosystem, it makes perfect sense.

What do you dislike?

It's a little bit slow. Good for basic to intermediate tasks and features, but lacks advanced stuff a minority of users will utilize in MS Office suite. I hate that I can't copy images to the clipboard from a Document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll never look back.

It's wonderful for literally any use case where you have to create, write, edit, or share a document. I can edit or access on the go if I need. I can change read/write permissions, collaborate real-time with other colleagues, and most importantly, eliminate duplicate/out-of-date documents on my end and everyone else's. Easier to share a link than upload and send files. Contracts and other in-progress documents can be living-breathing, rather than a static file someone has to provide.

Google Docs review by <span>Kaylee R.</span>
Kaylee R.

"Easy Word Editing Software"

What do you like best?

Google Docs totally changed the game for me when it comes to writing. It makes it incredibly easy to write on the go, share with others (for example, an editor), and do pretty much anything necessary to do any kind of document. From reference sheets for tabletop games, to works of fiction, to comic scripts, to general college notes, I use Google Docs for everything.

What do you dislike?

There is not actually much I dislike about Google Docs. The only thing I can think of is that I wish it was aesthetically a bit nicer to look at, but as a simple word document program that is not exactly its job, and it does its job very well.

I use Google Docs for all the writing involved in my comics-making career, as well as sharing these scripts with editors and collaborators for easy collaboration and feedback.

Google Docs review by <span>Surajit C.</span>
Surajit C.

"Best Online document writer"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and easily accessible . If I write any documents to my laptop or my computer then I can also open it in my phone. one of the most important features is auto save .Being a cloud based application it doesn't take any extra storage in your computer. Multiple people can edit a common document and in that case most important features is it shows what they are editing , which I like most . I would highly recommend it .

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to change the layout of the page and also formats . For printing first you have to download it then only you can print it . Font options are limited. Sometimes the app crashes if you do a heavy editing to a documents , So for Android user it becomes very hard to use . Rather than all of these Google docs is very useful .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is far better than Microsoft word and it can save your document automatically so need to save it by yours . undoubtedly it is an excellent product . I highly recommended it.

It's easy to write information about a document or save and share G programs .

It's difficult to share the documents with our partners, so we can work together in a file, especially when you're in place .

Google Docs review by <span>Jennifer K.</span>
Jennifer K.

"Online version of MS office"

What do you like best?

Google Doc is very easy to use. If you already know how to use MS office, you are ready to use Google Doc. Because it is stored online, you don't have to worry about losing your data. It automatically saves, so don't worry about losing your work when your computer freezes. Also, because it is online, you don't have to download or update anything. As long as you have internet, you have access to Google Doc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that not all the features of MS office is not available on Google Docs. If you are trying to insert images on your sheet, all you can really do is crop and resize. There are no image editing capabilities. Also, if you are printing, you first have to download it in PDF first, which I don't get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple tasks, it won't take any time to learn it. However, if you are using more technological tools, it will take time to understand it and to use it. It's easy to just play around with.

Easy access - because it is online, it is easy for multiple people to connect at the same time. When I am working from home, or one of my team members are away, we still can work together as if we were in the same room. There are so many different ways you can access Google Docs as well. You can just simply go online and type doc.google.com or download the app.

Google Docs review by <span>Mohd Anas K.</span>
Mohd Anas K.

"A must needed document web-based application for documents and spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is the most simplest way to create, edit and store document and preadsheet online. The best thing is, it offers most of the packages of online application associated with Google. One thing I like the most about Google Docs is, there is no risk of total data loss as it is stored online. The auto sync and auto saved feature is incredible, it helps you in keeping data reusable if any sudden error occurs.

What do you dislike?

Though Google Docs include almost all features of Microsoft Word, but not everything,like it neither support Columns-editing nor image-editing, though it is available in Microsoft Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any basic word processor or sharing document with other users, Google docs is more than enough. Google docs help you to handle your document easily and deosn't require high level learning to use.The best thing is, its new features gets automatically updated so no need for manual upgradation.

Google Docs have made file sharing simple.Google docs let you work st the same time from different location which solves many business problems.The best thing is it as quite cheap and reliable.

It also provides translation feature, from which you can translate your doc to different languages and you can also attach email your documents to other people as attachment.

Google Docs review by <span>Stephen S.</span>
Stephen S.

"Almost as good, but not quite (as MS Office). But what would you expect at this price point?"

What do you like best?

Good basic functionality -- does what a word suite should do.

Integrated system - with all GSuite products,

Ease of document sharing - GREAT feature. look for funny creatures from anonymous access.

Cloud/web-based - universally accessible.

Mobile - friendly.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality, editing and extended Office like apps.

To print have to download file in PDF first.

Would like to be able to edit PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect a full suite of Office. It's better than it was, yet still not MS Word.

It has basic functionality and will do most of your basic to intermediate work requirements.

**You will really appreciate the ability and ease of sharing/collaborating on documents.

Give your team time and support to adjust as the biggest complaint is "it's not office".

Efficiencies. sharing of info - word and excel., quick note taking

Simple, instant sharing of information, live updating and document collaboration.

Easy to jot down info in Docs or Keep and share amongst the G apps.

Colleagues stuck in MS Doc sway and not willing to learn the GSuite way.

Google Docs review by <span>Claire (Cyle) C.</span>
Claire (Cyle) C.

"The Upgrade of Microsoft Word We Didn't Know We Needed."

What do you like best?

It's as universal and much less expensive (in fact it's free) as Microsoft Word. It has all the options and none of the clutter that Word has. But instead of comparing it to other word processors, let me tell you what's incredible about it. You sign in with your Google account and you can access it from anywhere. Its easy to share and edit documents on the go (there's a mobile app) and it's just an overall great use of the internet. It can even be synced for offline access. It's linked to Google Slides and Google Sheets so its easy to access anywhere and it's great for college students or just students in general.

What do you dislike?

It's a web application so there's always a few bugs, but that's really the only thing I can think of that's negative. I dislike that it's attached to Google Chrome instead of it's own independent application. Also hard to change the page layout, and not more accessible or as important of an option. Hard to change formats and just overall page layout. I can really only send it to people who have Gmail Accounts, or I have to turn link sharing on which can be a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore the page. It's always easier to use when you know what you're doing. Don't be afraid to ask your friends or your boss or even google for help!

Since it is a web application I can access my documents from anywhere which is incredibly helpful, and for college students it's useful because not only is it free, but easy to access. Download the app, open google chrome, or type in on any internet browser doc.google.com, sign in, and you're ready to type.

Google Docs review by <span>Kolson S.</span>
Kolson S.

"Great for On the Go businesses/employees"

What do you like best?

I love that it's on all operating systems so you can go from phone to computer to tablet as long as you have a wifi connection. Great for group assignments and it even shows who's edited them and what they changed. It's universal meaning you can open it on any system, and unlike pages (Mac and iOS) it can be used on anything from Linux to Windows to iOS/Apple computers.

What do you dislike?

I don't HATE anything about it it's a web application so there are a few bugs obviously but as long as you have a good wifi connection it runs perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help EVERYTHING from streamlining to an updated look from the outdated-ness of Microsoft Word. It's really easy to use and it's great for people constantly on the go or group projects in school or a business setting. They even offer tons of tutorials if you want to learn everything, or just want to get started.

As far as business problems it helps keep everybody on the same page and keeps them focused, it's easy to check what's happened. And it's easily accessible for everyone involved.

Google Docs review by <span>Gavin H.</span>
Gavin H.

"Truly cloud based word processor , anywhere accessible "

What do you like best?

I love to use Google Docś ability to manage your documents from anywhere you are, besides you can share it, invite friends/coworkers to modify/collaborate; can be used in multiple devices, simultaneously.

Since I am using G-suite in my organisation , Google docs is just one click away from email . If I am travelling and ca not access my laptop , I access my doc file easily using my android phone.

What do you dislike?

Few things are really missing here. Gramarly integration is missing, I have to type each sentence very carefully. Google Docs formatting is the biggest downfall, as sometimes the fonts I want aren't there and cannot be installed like they can on Microsoft Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hey everyone , If you need an a service that is similar to MS word but you are able to use it on the go, Google Docs is the service for you. It is the go-to online word processor for almost everyone in my industry.

Simple and easily, anywhere accessible . The fact that it is free is really nice, especially in light of how expensive Word and Microsoft Office have become.

Google Docs review by <span>Savannah J.</span>
Savannah J.

"Google Docs great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like the ability for multiple parties to collaborate and work on the same document to handle version control and quality. The ability to track changes and have multiple parties feed into one document is crucial for business and co-creating. Another added bonus is the integration with Slack - the Google Drive app allows Slack users to receive notifications and updates from Google Docs directly in the Slack channel.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the conversion back/forth to a hard copy word document. Sometimes when converting the Google Doc back into a Word Doc the formatting gets messed up (particularly with tables, etc.). Overall, however, the functionality is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it for collaboration and version control; be careful to double check formatting when exporting to Word Docs. Try out all of the different capabilities and app integrations. For example, the Slack app integration with Google Docs is extremely useful.

The best benefit is by far the ability to seamlessly collaborate on documents with multiple parties and effectively manager version control. Google Docs allows colleagues to work cohesively together on projects.

Google Docs review by <span>Montserratt D.</span>
Montserratt D.

"Write your documents online quickly and easily "

What do you like best?

It is a great computerized system in which you can work and carry out tasks and storage of information that give a very simple and very useful style when using it on any device. It is also very important that you have the great advantage that from any browser with network or without internet network can access without any problem to your Google Docs account as long as it is only reading at the time of being without Internet, which seems to me very many It helps because you create an automatic and safe saving for all the files made within the software.

What do you dislike?

It really is a pretty good software I do not have much to write down when talking about a quite complete document creator I could only say that I would like to see more connectivity at the moment of creating documents on computers at home if there is a lack of internet network be editable documents that are saved by the synchronization previously made when you had the internet network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software of Google Docs is called by me as a software of absolute productivity which produces all kinds of files in the professional field very good support at the time of an emergency and facilities in documents, spreadsheets, presentations.

The great advantage that the Google Docs service gives me; is that multiple users can edit the same documents at the same time which is practically create a collaboration software and the most that helps us within the company is that the application is not linked to any specific computer or need to download any application within of the computer of daily applications within the work.

Google Docs review by <span>Julio A R.</span>
Julio A R.

"La simplicidad en los ordenadores de texto"

What do you like best?

la capacidad de visualizar los textos y poder modificarlos con simplicidad es una fortaleza que tiene GoogleDocs que permite realizar cambios a textos existentes e incluso a realizar nuevos textos con su formato y caracteristicas propias de un procesador de textos que conocemos en el mercado. Esto habla de la simplicidad de google, la cual nos permite llevar desde cero una idea hasta comunicarnos con todo el mundo a través de la red más amplia del planeta. La comple

What do you dislike?

La tarea de los procesadores de texto en cuanto a los formatos de las páginas, dimensiones, espacios, margenes, sangría y fuente, son dificiles de adecuar para todos los programas, lo cual incluye a GoogleDocs, pero es un aspecto normal en el ramo. Por lo tanto los aspecto de formato del programa son dificiles de manejar y no tienen una forma de que sea ejecutada con facilidad, por lo tanto, se convierte en una tarea de aprender el manejo del software que permita la edición de los formatos con mayor facilidad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nosotros debemos tener en cuenta que GoogleDocs es una herramienta muy simple de utilizar y que puede acelerar los procesos de escritura y enviado de mensajes, cartas o trabajos con tan solo utilizar la herramienta disponible en nuestro correo o navegador. Estoy seguro que en lo que tengamos una mejor comprensión de como funciona el procesador de textos podremos obtener un mayor provecho a los telefonos, correos y computadoras. En este sentido, les puedo recomendar explorar este programa para reconocer sus bondades.

He resuelto la visualización y modificación de cartas de entrega, solicitudes de pago, entrega de proyectos en mi día a día laboral sin tener ningun problema con mis clientes o jefes debido a que GoogleDocs permite realizar los trabajos con rapidez y eficiencia. Los documentos modificados con este procesador de texto han relacionado pagos de contratistas, entregado trabajos de obras ejecutadas y se han revisado textos de proyectos de ingeniería para su revisión.

Google Docs review by <span>Kali A.</span>
Kali A.

"Love this Program"

What do you like best?

I love that multiple people can work on this program and editing and revising can be done remotely. It's nice to have a program that shows you who made revisions and that multiple users can access from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the program only has the bare minimum features. I wish there were more font options and more document formats that were supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Google Docs, you will not be disappointed. This program makes collaborating so incredibly easy and allows revisions and editing from anywhere where you have internet access. If your job requires you to collaborate with others on documents, you will not be disappointed with this web-based program!

Google Docs makes it extremely easy to work on forms and documents from anywhere. Working from home has been made a breeze. It's so convenient to be able to collaborate with others, even if they are in a different location or are working from home.

Google Docs review by <span>Rosemary L.</span>
Rosemary L.

"Great way to collaborate with others!"

What do you like best?

I can use Google Docs to collaborate with my co-authors and editors in real time. We simply decide on a time to meet and can work on the document together. The chat feature is really helpful when we need to discuss the document as we work. Also, if we can't meet, Google Docs shows me what exact changes were made by whom, when. It literally turns my manuscripts into "living" documents.

What do you dislike?

On longer texts, it takes a while to load all the pages. So, if I have a manuscript that's 70+ pages, it takes quite a while. Often, I have to break my manuscripts into parts and share them as separate docs to save on loading time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is great for collaborating with others. You can edit and review documents in real time and keep track of what changes were made. It also allows you to discuss your documents together, without being in the same room, or even the same state!

I'm able to connect with my co-authors and editors in real time.

Google Docs review by <span>Yemsi P.</span>
Yemsi P.

"Buena herramienta para editar documentos en línea"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de esta plataforma en línea que ofrece google, es que se puede editar, escribir y editar documentos mediante el correo electrónico gmail, y revisarlo en cualquier lugar con conexión a internet. Es ideal para compartir su información con otras personas que pueden hacer la misma actividad, sobre el documento en línea.

Otras ventajas del Google Docs es que puede leer archivos en formato Word y block de notas. Además tiene otros aspectos positivos como el hecho de poner a disposición formatos de plantillas, para empezar documentos nuevos, más amenos y sencillos.

What do you dislike?

Me parece que tiene herramienta limitadas para dar formato a los documentos, sobre todo en la parte márgenes, índices y de insertar imágenes.

Además, sólo se puede utilizar con usuario de gmail.

También tiene otras características limitativas sobre todo en la parte de generación de cuadros y figuras.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo este programa para lo que necesitan revisar sus documentos de texto en línea y en cualquier lugar, sobre todo para los usuarios de gmail.

Si tiene otra plataforma de correo electrónico no te va funcionar Google Doc

Los problemas que he resuelto con esta plataforma, han sido poder ver, editar comentar documentos en línea, que me envían compañeros a mi correo gmail, sobre todo cuando no tengo la computadora a la mano y debo revisarlo en mi celular. También, es importante observar el beneficio que ofrece Google Docs para leer otros formatos de texto, como son word y block de notas.

Google Docs review by <span>NESTOR C.</span>
NESTOR C.

"The best cloud based Office Suite"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage your documents from anywhere you are, besides you can share it, invite friends/coworkers to modify/collaborate; can be used in multiple devices, simultaneously. It's so secure, reliable, sharable. You will love to use it; once you try it you wont get back to your previous suite. You can bet it.

What do you dislike?

May be, the spreadsheet formating, is not very friendly to me. But thats my opinion, it doesn't means is bad at all. Is just that I do not get used yet, coming from MS Office. That's why... But as a doc managing tool this is such a powerful one, better that LibreOffice, DTG and many others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you'll love it. Is the best way to manage and back up your documents is the best secure way; and access them from everywhere you are no matter what device you have; all you need is an internet connection and a web browser; and then you go...!

The benefits are unaccountable; you have a powerful suite for docs cloud based, accessible from anywhere, sharable, and most important: secure. It will be always available, reliable and you can use it in as many devices as you want, no matter the OS, it is full compatible with most know platforms.

Google Docs review by <span>Amy B.</span>
Amy B.

"User-Friendly, Free, And Comprehensive"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ability to leave notes and collaborate. I'm a writer and also do a bit of social media marketing. I can leave notes in my docs, and so can users that I authorize. This makes editing, revisions, and input from others incredibly easy.

What do you dislike?

The single thing I dislike about Google Docs is that it's not compatible with Grammarly. This is a minor issue, but it is inefficient. Fortunately, I can just copy and paste text into a Grammarly tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a 100% free tool for writing, editing, and communication, I recommend using Google Docs. If you have any trouble navigating or finding tools, Google always has detailed answers.

Again, the ability to collaborate is a huge benefit as far as business communication goes. I use the notes and sharing feature with clients, editors, and fellow writers. These benefits also expand to my use of Google Docs spreadsheets and related software.

Google Docs review by <span>Justin J.</span>
Justin J.

"Real Time Document Collaboration"

What do you like best?

First off, it's a strong, browser based word processor that allows you to forget the flashdrive when working remotely. Second, you can load MS Word documents directly into it, and while there are some differences, there are tons of similarities. Personal favorite is the share link. View or edit are the ones I use the most. With view, i can share a link and talk through outlines or writeups with a friend or colleague and they'll see the updates as I type. With edit we can both modify the document at our leisure and we both have the most up to date copy at all times. This works great for group projects and writeups.

What do you dislike?

It has an independent insert mode, so a misclick can sometimes lead to a confusing 5 minutes trying to get it switched back. Its missing a few features I'd like to have after working with MS Word as well, but functional enough to make it highly useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no reason not to at least try it. I would recommend setting up a work account with google to keep it separate from any personal documents you may have. I use it both at home and for work and the applications are far reaching.

No more editing individual files and then trying to merge them together on next meet or constantly emailing documents back and forth. Now it's immediately updated and there's no need to install software on other computers we may use.

Google Docs review by <span>Thorsten M.</span>
Thorsten M.

"Teamwork help on document type files"

What do you like best?

A cheaper alternative to tools like Dropbox because it is free for Google account users. Simply upload your text files and they are saved and can be edited in the browser windows. It has nearly the variety of functions like the other popular desktop suites.

What do you dislike?

Working offline is important to me, especially when I am out of office and have no internet connection. I can download a Chrome add-on for this feature, but it does not work nearly as good as the online version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this awesome tool if you are looking for a free alternative. Overall it is a great product.

I work with my team of colleagues on various files together. The tool makes this collaboration work easier than I ever thought. We even can sit in the same room and can see the changes other make in real-time. Everybody has always all files in his possession and they are save online.

Google Docs review by <span>Carney Z.</span>
Carney Z.

"Google Docs are LIFE SAVERS when it comes to me working on certain files on several devices."

What do you like best?

I like that they can be shared and edited by anyone you choose on any device. There have been times I have needed info from a Google Doc and I am always able to pull it up on my phone wherever I am, which isn't the case if I use Microsoft Word, since it's not global across all devices.

I also like that it is easy to understand, so older people can use it and figure it out relatively easily.

The fact that every change saves pretty much automatically is fantastic, so I never have to worry about losing my work.

What do you dislike?

The formatting on Google Doc is the biggest downfall, as sometimes the fonts I want aren't there and cannot be installed like they can on Microsoft Word. The formatting gets lost sometimes and isn't quite as user-friendly and customizable as Microsoft Word when it comes to rulers, alignment, etc.

Also, as always, I think Word software (including Google Docs) should be better with photo formatting, with editing photos, rearranging, formatting, re-sizing, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend using Google docs, especially if you use several devices for your work. We have used it company-wide for sign-ups, which is very convenient. Besides using it to edit, it's also convenient to be able to log in one time and access your email, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.

Using Google docs definitely helps with collaboration and brainstorming across the board. We are able to send ideas out to one another and add more whenever we want. We're able to not only add content, but add notes/comments on specific sections of any Word Doc.

Google Docs review by <span>Andrew C.</span>
Andrew C.

"Pretty Good Stuff for a Free Text Editor"

What do you like best?

Once you get past the learning curve (having used Microsoft Word for...forever), you'll find that Google Docs is one of the best text editor alternatives out there. I've been using Google Docs for several years now, and it's been so fun co-editing with others and storing my documents in Google Drive. It's easy, and it keeps all of your files in the "cloud" - a place that is safer than your own hard drive (though I keep them there too). I highly suggest Google Docs for creating, editing, and collaborating on written work.

What do you dislike?

I could find answers to my "how to" questions relatively easy, but it does take me some time to learn the program particularities - new layout, features, keyboard shortcuts, and functionality. Also, if you're not careful, you could lose your files in the process of downloading .gdoc files to your local hard drive. These .gdoc files do not contain the actual text information, they only contain a reference to the actual text information. So, having the .gdoc file means nothing if the reference file is gone (something that happened to me). This was pretty unintuitive for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You may like it.

This solves the problem of time and distance between collaborators. For time, a night-owl could do some work on a document at 3am while other collaborators sleep; immediately it's synced and other can pick up where they left off. Or, we can work simultaneously on the same document (I've heard of one student editing as his friend speed writes a procrastinated paper). The distance solution also helps. I don't have to be in the same place to collaborate, just the same place - Google Docs.

Google Docs review by <span>Laura S.</span>
Laura S.

"Makes collaboration a breeze"

What do you like best?

I used this in undergrad to write a group paper. Google Docs natively keeps track of changes made by all users, showing edits using color-coded highlights and text. I was able to see which of my group members logged in last, who made changes, what they were, and see if any of my own work was altered or deleted.

What do you dislike?

Google Docs requires online access, which makes it difficult to work on thoughts or look at changes when not connected to WiFi. Also, there was a bit of a delay between when the desktop app updated changes and when those same changes showed up on the app, which made it hard to see edits when checking the app on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the app has updated so that edits and changes show up in real time.

I used this first in undergrad, but I have also used this since. I have been collecting documents and other media files for other research projects, because of the ease of seeing who made changes when.

Google Docs review by <span>raquel m.</span>
raquel m.

"excellent tool for creating documents"

What do you like best?

Google Docs allows the user to create documents in any format quickly and easily. It even offers you different ideal templates to guide you and get a better result, plus it allows you to save the documents created or downloaded in your email, saving space for your devices. This program in turn allows you to generate documents without tools such as Microsoft Word or Write to write a document from your computer. And even though you do not need the Microsoft Word programs in case you need to move the document to it, it will be accepted without problems since they are compatible. And if that were not enough, all the changes generated to your document, either through the intervention of one of your contacts or by your own edition, are automatically saved. A marvel to experimenting.

What do you dislike?

at the time of opening a document received by mail that weighs many gigabytes stays on standby for a long time which makes it lose a bit of time however once opened it is completely practical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use the tool, learn about it, it is very extensive and allows you to solve the problems of editing and making documents

For me the advantages are enormous, firstly for the fact of being able to carry out group work from any point that has Internet connectivity, to be able to find elements within a community, to be able to share the own creations, that all the documents are in a same site, etc.

Google Docs review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"Best no-cost, cloud-based collaboration option for word processing "

What do you like best?

For collaboration among team members, Google Docs is the best option for word processing. Easily sharing links or permissions immediately provides colleagues with access to edit or comment on a shared document. The fact that it's also free is just the cherry on top.

What do you dislike?

Compared to Microsoft Word, its formatting features are lacking, although Google continues to make the program more robust. If one is trying to create a flyer or complicated document with a variety of formatting, Word is probably still your best bet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team needs to collaborate on documents, Google Docs is the winner. If your greater focus is on formatting, you'll likely need to stick to MS Word.

95% of all documents created in office are created with Google Docs. Whether it's a final product that needs to be reviewed by a supervisor, or a shared document that is collaboratively built, we've continued to move more and more of our document creation to Google Docs.

Google Docs review by <span>Abhinav S.</span>
Abhinav S.

"Google Docs, Simple Online Word Processor"

What do you like best?

Being a G-Suite user , Google Docs is just one click away from my Email . It is so simple and convenient to use. I like being able to share my documents with colleagues, so that we are all able to work on it at the same time, and see each other's changes in real time.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I don like in Google Docs :

It uses different margins default than word docs.

The mobile app crashes if you have to do medium to heavy editing on any document.

Not able to use Microsoft word micros.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This robust and easy to use program will simplify your working life, and you'll wonder why you didn't switch to it sooner. A great piece of collaborative software but make sure to keep backups for when you're moving around a lot.

Collaboration! Google Docs makes it easy for groups to write and edit documents. It´s easy to share Documents with my co-workers so we can work all together at the same time in one file, specially when you are working from home.

Google Docs review by <span>Casie W.</span>
Casie W.

"The shareable Word Docs- Google Documents"

What do you like best?

I LOVE being able to share all my files with those who are also able to contribute. When I am setting up my files to send out for training, I will send over all my documents to be approved first to my clients. By sending it over via google docs in our G Suite, we are able to quickly edit and change out our forms and information to exactly what it should be prior to any event. Plus, everyone is able to pull up the docs on their phones at any activation prior to working, so they can verify all training information quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dont know if I really dislike anything per-say. I really enjoy everything from the Google system. It is really a great document system that we can enjoy and use in every type of way from in house documents from sending them out. The only thing you cannot do, is make them un-editable forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think if you are a company that may not have employees with computer access all the time and they need something that can work from phones, or even someone that just likes shareable options, this is truly the app for you. As times change and as the access to technology changes, this is the way systems are going. Its better to learn the way of the systems now because the younger generations are really going to rely on systems just like Google docs/excel, etc.

We use these forms every day to solve on-the-go training problems with staff that do not have printers at their availability. Many workers in the promotional industry these days do not use technology like they did in the past. It is hard to get anyone to print anything anymore as most of them dont even have conventional computers. Google Docs/Excel, etc have made it a simple system for us and for our paperwork working with the new style of workers.

Google Docs review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

"The easy Document-for All your computers!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can write a document on my home computer, open it on my phone when I need to reference it, then open it back up and start working on it again at work. It really makes working easy for me when I am on the move.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more short cut options. Especially on the phone apps. When you use microsoft you can work through function short cuts and you cant really do that on Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an a service that is similar to microsoft word but you are able to use it on the go, Google Docs is the service for you!

It really is the perfect additive of programs for us, especially being able to edit and share on the go

I am able to write out training documents for our new hires and send this over to them quickly and efficiently. I am usually able to edit and write up new items for them on the spot as well. We can do quick edits as I share it with them and add in new people to the same documents also. This is a great tool especially with the share features.

Google Docs review by <span>Ruben O.</span>
Ruben O.

"The best free online word processor"

What do you like best?

Google docs is really easy to use and has all the functionality of other, more costly word processors. The fact that it's free to use is just perfect. Especially when integrated with Google Drive, Google Docs are incredibly useful for compiling large reports with multiple documents. It's also incredibly useful to be able to access all of my documents from a web browser rather than having to require access to my personal computer every time I need to work on a document.

What do you dislike?

It has a bit of a learning curve to use and not all of its functionality is intuitive. Formatting can get tricky when multiple users are working on the same document at the same time, but that's usually to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is the go-to online word processor for almost everyone in my industry.

I use Google Docs for almost every group project I work on with my colleagues. It's really easy to share it via email and edit documents together. It's almost a no-brainer to use google docs for group projects; if anyone were to suggest other software, the rest of the group would probably give them a funny look. Gone are the days of passing around Word documents, which was very inconvenient and time-consuming. I've even started using Google Docs as my primary word processor for individual assignments and projects since it is so convenient and has basically all the most useful functions that Word has.

Google Docs review by <span>Rima S.</span>
Rima S.

"A perfect collaboration rich word processor"

What do you like best?

A cool application from Google , it is an important component of G-suite. It provides almost all of the word processing power you need without having to pay a subscription. It allows you to work on documents privately or with a team.The best thing is it’s real time editing, great for remote teams.

What do you dislike?

Being honest nothing is wrong with this free software. The only dislike I've found so far is that sometimes the formatting on my papers change after I download them as PDFs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try as part of the Google suite.Great for small companies and colleagues who share a lot of documents, files, etc. It is just like Microsoft Word, but easier to share between users. GSuite documentation helps with Google Docs because it elaborates on how to use the software to the best possible capabilities.

Google docs helps our team leave notes on a document we are working on in real time.We have created a single dashboard for our team through which we collaborate our daily task and activities through its time effective application.

Google Docs review by <span>Charity M.</span>
Charity M.

"Good for navigating working from home + onsite"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the flexibility to work no matter where I am. I always have access to my important work files. I have a ton of files, many of them full of images and hundreds of pages long. The storage is very generous even though I am storing such large files and such a large amount. The intuitive color-coding and folder system with search makes it easy to quickly find. what I am looking for.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could personalize the home screen of documents and turn off features such as "recently accessed" which can clutter up the page and make finding your work take longer. I also wish that the "shared" system was better integrated into the experience. It can be difficult to locate shared files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This a simple and inexpensive way to manage materials. It's a no-brainer.

I work from home, out and about, and my workplace with equal ease with Google Docs.

Google Docs review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

"The best online document platform"

What do you like best?

It's online, it's easy to share, and it is super fast to create and edit documents. It can be shared with others and allow people to edit and review.The design of the platform is clean and neat, very google style. The editing and suggesting function is also designed in a clean and nice way.

What do you dislike?

Because it's online so when the internet speed is slow, the speed of typing can also slow down by the latency. The font option is limited, for English and other languages. The editing, suggesting and viewing functions are separated with the other functions, which is on the right side, and I have been asked by at least five people about where they can edit the document because it's not quite easy to be noticed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it more personal. Add more font options for English and other languages. Have a more clear functions layout.

Endless problems can be solved with Google Docs: client meetings, progress tracking, customers' contact information updating. During the meeting when one teammate is talking, the other can take note, and it takes turns, on two separate laptops. Collaborative editing and idea sharing are the best.

Google Docs review by <span>Robert B.</span>
Robert B.

"Great For Collaborative Work - Not So Great For Offline Work"

What do you like best?

Google Docs is great for collaborative projects - especially when you need to get feedback from a client or source. It's really easy to use and pretty much mirrors Microsoft Office (which most of us are used to). However, it's unfortunately plagued by a few minor problems due to being a browser-based office program.

What do you dislike?

As someone who spent a while living and working in China, Google Docs was problematic. Sometimes, despite having paid for a premium VPN service, I just couldn't get it to work right. Additionally, my content wouldn't load I was connected without a VPN - even if I checked that I wanted to access my documents offline.

Other than this, as a writer, I tend to make use of services like Grammarly, which doesn't work Google docs due to one of them not allowing it (not sure which).

It's a great piece of software for using on collaborative projects, but I don't think it would replace my dedicate word processor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collaborate on projects and leave or receive feedback with clients and co-workers. Really great sharing functions and much easier than many of the alternatives.

Google Docs review by <span>Rachel B.</span>
Rachel B.

"Google Docs is incredible for collaborating with co-workers and clients on projects."

What do you like best?

Being able to work on a living document shared between co-workers and/or clients is incredibly useful. It is great to be able to control permissions on who can edit and who can only view documents, as well.

What do you dislike?

Google docs' home page is somewhat disorganized. I wish placing my documents in different folders was more streamlined and easy to view. How Docs is initially arranged by "last opened" feels messy and I wish things were separated and organized more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google docs is a great way to collaborate! Use it, and make sure you keep versions of documents so that previous information doesn't get lost.

We are planning projects with clients and coworkers, creating shareable forms for internal and external clients to fill out, and using forms to create collaborative documents that contain processes and systems we have developed,

Google Docs review by <span>Andra V.</span>
Andra V.

"Life Changer!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and accessible Google Docs can be daily. It makes collaborating with others so easy and stream lined. I love how I don't have to keep up with flash drives or fill up storage on my computer with documents. If anything were to happen to my computer I would not lose any files as they are on google drive and not lost. This is very important to me as I need documents annually in my lessons.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are limited amounts of fonts. As a music educator I often need to use music notation fonts in my documents and at this current time non are available for use. I also would like to use custom fonts for a more attractive looking document. There are many days where I have to use other programs, turn them into PDFs and then store them on the drive. This limits collaboration but the custom fonts are still necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is very intuitive and user friendly. It's the mobile Microsoft Word. If you travel or collaborate Google Docs is the tool for you! It makes this type of work easy and accessible

As an educator on multiple campuses and classrooms its important for my documents to be easily available on multiple devices. I love how docs can be used on iOS or computer for ease of accessibility. I've be able to streamline my planning as everything is together in one place. My lesson facilitation has improved as I'm not searching for files or documents because I can easily link them in my main document.

Google Docs review by <span>Phuong L.</span>
Phuong L.

"I am using Google Doc during my doctoral work, including writing my thesis "

What do you like best?

I like google doc, because i can share the document with other member of my team. I can edit the google doc anywhere, with any computer with internet access. Additionally, google doc automatically save my work for me, so i do not have to fear of loosing my work. And I can access to the previous version of my google doc. They have various plug in that I can use, specically, I am using (1) Lucidchart diagram in add charts in my works, (2) Paperpile to add citation, and (3) writeful theraurus to improve my writing. These add-ons are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that when i share the document with someone else, they can edit my documents. But if I share "read" only file, then they cannot. I was wondering if there is a way that they can edit the shared document, but I will know where and exactly what have been edited

Recommendations to others considering the product

very easy to use. great software

I am using Google Doc in Educational setting, specifically in writing my thesis for the doctoral program, and I also use Google Doc for teaching General Biology.

Google Docs review by <span>jen h.</span>
jen h.

"Review of google docs"

What do you like best?

Google docs makes it very easy to view all different types of documents and allows you to keep them all in one place and not take up space on your computer but save them as a webpage. They are all very easy to use from what I have found.

What do you dislike?

I really haven't found anything that I don't like about google docs. At this point in time I can't think of anything that needs to be changed about Google Docs

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have various forms and excel type documents or even other documents that you use for work Google docs is defenitly the way to go to keep all the docs active and current.

We use google docs for a variety purposes. For our schedule, to keep track of four sales, and various other forms that we use to do our daily jobs and I am able to store all of them like a saved webpage.

Google Docs review by <span>Hammad B.</span>
Hammad B.

"it’s a best spreadsheet for you, if you work remotely."

What do you like best?

1. It can be access from anywhere i.e. mobile or laptop, instead of sharing multiple performance dashboard; you can create a centralized performance dashboard on Google doc for your team, which can be view from anywhere anytime. In addition, the changes, which you are making in a file, has a log for each user, which allow you to track user’s activities in a specific file.

2. The most important feature is auto saved; you don’t need to click on save button again and again. In addition, it doesn’t even crash :)

3. It’s a user friendly application, which is easily available in NO COST. In addition, you don’t need to get train on Google Docs. Just login your Google account and start using it with the help of available tutorial.

4. All the file formats can be downloaded in your computer.

5. It’s a cloud based application which doesn’t take any space in your system, therefore you don’t need to install it.

6, You don't need any storage in your PC or Mobile to use this application.

What do you dislike?

The Google Spreadsheet stuck frequently, if you are using spreadsheet for a large amount of data which means, Google spreadsheet is good for limited data.

Team Collaboration – We have created a single dashboard for our team through which we collaborate our daily task and activities through its time effective application.

Performance Management – The Team Collaboration gives us the detailed report about the user activity, thus we can identify which user was busy on what tasks.

Google Docs review by <span>Stephanie T.</span>
Stephanie T.

"Google Docs is extremely user and collaborative friendly."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to work on documents simultaneously with other colleagues. We are color coded in the document and able to see live-time what each of us are doing. It's also really beneficial when on phone conferences reviewing a document. I can easily follow along on multi page documents as the speaker moves through discussion. I follow the speaker's user icon on the document.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing about this program that I dislike!

It is the most useful program that I use for work. The collaborative nature is really beneficial. I also love the different permissions I can set for each user. It's extremely easy to share files as well. When I don't want a person to edit my copy, I share with them as "View Only" and instruct them to download their own copy right into their own GoogleDrive. At that point they are able to edit their version and add me to it for view or edit if necessary.

Google Docs review by <span>Gabriella Q.</span>
Gabriella Q.

"Excellent Application, Could Use Some Improvements"

What do you like best?

I like being able to share my documents with colleagues, so that we are all able to work on it at the same time, and see each other's changes in real time. It works just like Microsoft Word, except that it can save in real time, provided you are connected to the Internet. Beware that you are essentially uploading your documents to the Google Cloud, and any Privacy Policies in action will apply, whether they work in your favor or not.

What do you dislike?

I wish Google Docs would have more features in their add-ons section, or incorporate it into the app itself. Although I cannot name them off the top of my head, there are many features that could be added to Google Docs. I love using Google Docs, but I am slightly worried about privacy, since anything you put on Google Docs is uploaded to the Cloud. I would use Google Docs very carefully in that regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this instead of Microsoft Word, but with caution. Although it can save your documents automatically, you should be careful of how private your information in the cloud actually is.

Collaborating with others in real time is really useful. I really appreciate the different settings you can put on sharing options, such as editing, commenting, and viewing. It lets you really decide what you want you want people to be able to do, which is especially important if you are the main creator of the document.

Google Docs review by <span>Kelsey A.</span>
Kelsey A.

"Great tool for sharing Documents in an easy way"

What do you like best?

Google Docs allows me to work with my coworkers to edit, expand, and create documents without having to share the updated version with all parties involved in editing. The document auto saves on Google Docs and provides a flexible platform for users to keep information up to date. I really have been grateful that I can go in and out of the document and be confident that it auto saved.

What do you dislike?

Overall I am happy with Google Docs and I do not have any complaints about the program. I look forward to continue to work with Google Docs in my career.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is just like Microsoft Word, but easier to share between users. Google certification really helps with Google Docs because it elaborates on how to use the software to the best possible capabilities. This provided me much insight in how to best use the software.

I am able to share word documents with my supervisor, and coworkers that allows them to make necessary edits and changes. This also informs me of changes made so I can be aware of the edits taking place to keep myself in the loop as well as the other collaborators.

Google Docs review by <span>Susanna Y.</span>
Susanna Y.

"Microsoft Word? Who uses that any more? "

What do you like best?

The BEST thing about Google Docs is the ease of sharing documents with your coworkers. Even better, you can collaborate at the same time from all different places. It saves TONS of printing! I can easily view documents from my home, even when I am not at work.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Just like Microsoft Word, it takes a little bit of training and finagling if you are planning on doing anything fancy, but it basically is the same. It saves automatically with internet connection, so you basically can't lose a document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is super easy. I have many older employees who come to me asking for help. They usually can figure it out on their own if it is the same as word. Most employees will catch on quickly. There are many videos you can have your team watch to get them more comfortable with using Google Documents. For the components that are different (sharing with others, inserting images, downloading as a document, etc.), they will need more assistance and guidance. Once you know it, though, it is like riding a bike, especially if your team uses it regularly. Have fun collaborating!

We are saving on lots of copying. Memos and schedules don't always need to be printed as we can just share them to coworkers via email. There are templates to give your documents a more classy and polished look. You can easily insert images using the internet or uploading your own.

Google Docs review by <span>Melissa M.</span>
Melissa M.

"A Good, Free Microsoft Word Dupe"

What do you like best?

It's free! If you have a Gmail account, which almost everyone in the world seems to have, then you have a free Google Docs account. I like that it saves to the cloud, allowing you to access it when on the road or from other computers or devices.

What do you dislike?

The app is a bit wonky. If you use on your desktop or laptop, you will be fine. But on Android devices, the app crashes if you have to do medium to heavy editing on any document. If you rarely need to bring up documents on your phone, then you should be fine. But if you regularly edit documents on your phone, this can become a very frustrating issue very quickly. Stick to the desktop version if you can.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick to the desktop version, as previously stated. The app crashes quite a bit if you need to edit. Just viewing documents on the app is fine, though. Just don't edit beyond maybe a handful of words and you should be fine.

This is a good, mostly reliable replacement for Microsoft Word. The fact that it is free is really nice, especially in light of how expensive Word and Microsoft Office have become.

Google Docs review by <span>Jacquelyn K.</span>