Google Docs

Work Together Better with Google Docs. Create or upload documents, spreadsheets and presentations with Google Docs. Share securely.

Work for Google Docs?
Pdfelement 2x

Learning about Google Docs?

Google Docs Reviews

Ask Google Docs a Question
Showing 1858 Google Docs reviews
Google Docs review by <span>Christopher S.</span>
Christopher S.

Google Docs: Why would anyone want to use Word??

What do you like best?

GDocs is the answer to a question no one knew they were asking. It's a 100% free, cloud-based, fully featured word processor. It may not have every tiny feature that Word has, but it has everything that matters. And in many cases, it forces you to abandon stupid conventions from the world of print media in favor of smarter ways of organizating data.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing! If there's a flaw in Google Docs, it's really just a matter of preference I think. There could be some improvement on the way drawings are handled, and it would be nice if you could choose from ALL Google Fonts. Also, html markdown would be amazing if it were integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch today and don't look back. You'll have a month of time adjusting to the new system, but if you ever go back to Office, you'll regret it immediately.

Our entire school district switched to Gsuite 3 years ago and never looked back. Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms have become a daily go-to for every teacher in the district. Our students are also 1 to 1 chromebook equipped, so having a cloud-based editing suite is essential.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Docs
Google Docs review by <span>Santiago A.</span>
Santiago A.

Office automation was never more accessible and efficient

What do you like best?

You do not have to install anything, you do not have to make the format compatible with an old version of any office program. Just enough to have a google account and forget to take pendrive or other storage device. One of the reasons why I give the highest rating, is because the files can be shared by friends, family or colleagues and do a joint editing, additionally, Google is constantly updating the platform, so any contribution is received and considered.

What do you dislike?

If the file is very loaded with images it takes a long time to respond, more if it has shared edition. Another element is the dependence on the internet, without access to the network you will not be able to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to use this option that Google offers, if you already use Microsoft Office, it will be the most friendly migration you can experience, apart from giving you total control over who and how you access your documents, you can save a lot of money and What I value most, time. You will go from worrying about the viruses that may have the pendrives you use, just think about the cloud, is the evolution of online work.

It is not necessary to make a long call, or a video conference to organize the content of the work. Currently I am using it in two ways, for professional work and for my recent venture in a podcast, we do pre-production under the Google Docs tool, my program partner is in Costa Rica, which helps us to go editing in real time, all the details, add notes to the document and include aspects that arise at the moment of conceiving the next episode of the Podcast. It saves a lot of time, an important element for me.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Google Docs review by <span>Mikaela H.</span>
Mikaela H.

Great for Grants

What do you like best?

We love using Google Docs at our organization (we are a nonprofit) because of the ease to edit and see others edits, especially for large text, such as grants and press releases.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we do not like about Google Docs. The product itself is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Docs is free with our Google emails (as well as Google Sheets, Google Cal, etc) and we love the ease of being able to all work on a document together, see each other's edits and ask questions to be answered to each other. With our old projects, only one user would be able to work on it at once- Google Drive (inclusive of Google Docs) multiple users can work on the same document.

We typically work on a cloud and by using a "network" or "cloud" two people cannot open or edit a document at once. With Google Docs, we can all work on the same document, make edits or changes and see what others have done. It makes teamwork easy and our projects get done faster.

Google Docs review by <span>Asya H.</span>
Asya H.

Structure

What do you like best?

I love the feature of being able to edit each document all at once! Also, another great feature is how Google Docs saves the document instantly and even if you close out of the browser, all of your information is saved. I love the fact that you are able to share your information, research or document with other people in your workplace or class setting. You can see live of what each user is editing and including in the document as you type and have multiple users on at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I would say that I dislike the editing tools, I prefer all of Microsoft Word's editing tools more, because it seems more on the creative side and more features that you have access to. Maybe, Google Docs could feature more online templates that are implemented through this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are able to create separate folders in the Google Drive account, but it still holds all of your documents from your Google Docs account. Creating the folders helped me become a lot more organized and structured with using this platform for different uses such as, school, workplace and personal/business. Being able to organize all of this information is important.

Being able to plan out future training events and work together in a team setting with other student supervisors. Being able to share important information with other co workers and higher up staff members. A quick way to take effective notes at supervisor weekly meetings.

Google Docs review by <span>Libia G.</span>
Libia G.

excellent application to share documents and avoid the accumulation of duplicate documents

What do you like best?

Excellent application to work in teams and avoid duplication of documents, it is very stable and secure, you can establish which people will have access to edit files, it is great because it allows you to keep updated the final versions of documents, you can always have access to a printable version of the document, totally secure to backup files

What do you dislike?

always latent human error, if any member of the group with access to editing deletes a file by mistake this will be lost, the modifications of the files should be subject to the approval of an administrator, it is necessary that the application generates a backup of versions previous, and it would be excellent if future versions have a greater variety of conditions for the edition

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I would recommend it, it is a free and functional option for anyone who works and needs to share files. it is efficient and totally safe

has allowed me to work in a team with a high level of organization, avoiding the unnecessary accumulation of documents, in general lines is an excellent application that can be used in the academic, professional and personal

Google Docs review by <span>Hesham E.</span>
Hesham E.

Easiest documentation with Google Docs

What do you like best?

I can preview and edit my Google documents from my cell phone very easily, it is a really great feature saved me a lot out of working hours, I can work on my Google Docs even offline! it helps me a lot, I can share my documents for review and edit to my managers very easily, and I can send my Docs to my team for comments which supports their engagement and ownership.

What do you dislike?

Google Docs don't differentiate between Docs with the name automatically, as they should add a date time or even the owner with the name of the document if its name already exists in the same domain, also it didn't pop up to enable the offline mode automatically when I editing a Doc and a problem happened in the internet

I'm using it for documentation purposes and for reporting project status, also for following up on my team's work out of working hours.

Learning about Google Docs?

* We monitor all Google Docs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.