Google Domains

Here's how easy it is to get online.

Work for Google Domains?

Learning about Google Domains?

Google Domains Reviews

Ask Google Domains a Question
Showing 104 Google Domains reviews
Google Domains review by Carney Z.
Carney Z.

"I've always had a good experience with Google Domains with the sites I've worked with."

What do you like best?

I like that Google Domains is so easy to use, and it's very nice that everything can be linked to one account, since it would all be through Google. I also appreciate that it's user-friendly and for the most part, self-explanatory. It's also great to host several domains in one place so they're together and can be updated at one time.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing about using Google Domains is that there isn't quite as much personalization and easy-to-view aspects, as compared to something like GoDaddy. It's definitely easy enough to use and understand, but I think the setup could be a little better, more condensed and less broken up. Some of the aspects could be confusing to the unexperienced eye, so I think just designing a better layout would be beneficial to potential users and current users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Domains because from what I've experienced with it, it's simple and cost-effective.

One huge benefit to using Google Domains is that everything can potentially and likely be linked together - mail, spreadsheets, documents, domains, etc. It is easy to find once in your account, and it's also pretty cost-effective, front what I've seen. I do think GoDaddy is better, but Google Domains is definitely efficient and worth checking out. I would just compare the cost for because otherwise it's very comparable, even with the same TTL which many domain hosting programs do not have.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Domains
Google Domains review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Sleek Simple Domain Management"

What do you like best?

One of the most straight forward domain management tools I've found. Also allows you to easily connect with some of the most popular WYSIWYG website builders on the market, including shopify.

What do you dislike?

If you use Google Domains to sign into your website builder, you can have issues with verifying payment plans and approving anything with billing because your website builder will ask for a password, but you don't have one because you sign in with Domains. If you use Google domains, be sure and go in and create a password and email login for your site as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start moving all your domains to a google domain account. it's the easiest Domain management system and doesn't appear to be all that expensive compared with other services!

Quick and easy purchase and upkeep of multiple website and domain properties without being constantly "sold to" like with GoDaddy and other competitors who try to trick you into purchasing products you don't need and signing up for expensive long term renewals on things you don't need.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Google Domains review by Rainah P.
Rainah P.

"Easy Peasy!"

What do you like best?

This domain builder is the easiest to use and beautiful, too! I easily transferred all of my hard work from my previous domain with very little effort on my part.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, the transition from this to word press was so smooth! That it makes it all so worth it! The options are endless for the amount of things domains can do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is so reasonable and the value is immense! For only $12 a year is a deal in itself! If you are on the fence about this product, just give it a chance. You won't regret it!

There are a multitude of things a business would like. It offers ad insights and traffic monitoring. You can also run ads or sign up for insights on clicks.

Google Domains review by Brian Z.
Brian Z.

"Easy to use without extra sales tactics"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of this product. It is easy to search for a domain to register, or navigate through your current domains. The features are easy to find and all is nicely organized into a single simple layout. It is full featured, where many other registrars are lacking some small items, like DNSSEC for example. While using the product, there are no annoying sales pitches to bother you or distract you from why you are there.

What do you dislike?

The domain registration does not include any sort of domain as many others do. It is domain only. For someone who may not be very experienced, it might be somewhat harder to get setup and running compared to some of the more automated systems you can use, but you will give up some of the features that are available on a solution like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a try if you want a fully featured registrar in a lite weight interface.. If you are not in need of included email, this service is top notch.

An easy to use service without clutter and sales pitches all throughout. This product solves exactly that, lets me get in and out quickly. It allows me to keep domains, analytics, and all Google products all together vs needing a separate service to register domains, which is very nice.

Google Domains review by William A.
William A.

"Best way to purchase standard domains"

What do you like best?

Getting a domain via Google just makes more sense than any other provider. They aren't gonna bombard you with ads and try to upsell you products or services. Also, if you use G Suite it makes even more sense to choose Google Domains over any other provide because of the integration and easy billing options.

What do you dislike?

The only problem with Google Domains is that you only have access to the basic domain extensions. The new cool domains are only available on GoDaddy and other providers. Hopefully this will change soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a standard domain go with Google Domains. If you need a special or new domain, still need to use another provider.

Being able to purchase domains for clients. Google domains are cheaper than their competitors and they don't charge for domain privacy which normally costs an extra $10 with some other providers.

Google Domains review by Darien C.
Darien C.

"An easy to use one-stop-shop for your domain needs"

What do you like best?

The simplicity & ease of use; this product is very intuitive and comprehensive making it very easy for even the most ignorant person to use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support for many of the less popular domains; makes it a little more difficult to manage all your domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Google domains simplifies our domain management experience by providing a cheap and powerful one-stop-shop for domain purchasing and management. The UI makes it easy to set up and use, and provides powerful insights about your domains. While it does not offer support for all domains, it has access to a majority of them, which is more than I can say about certain competing products.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"If you want a better google Rank... This is your Option."

What do you like best?

If you have google Suite, this is the best option, because you don't have to modify any Domain Records, Google Does it automatically for you! (Remember... Only if you have Google Suite).

I loved that they give you Domain Privacy for free. Other companies have domain privacy for a monthly or yearly fee.

What do you dislike?

The prices is not the best, there are other providers that can give you a cheaper Price, but those cheaper domains do not include Domain Privacy for free. Also, some providers give you cheaper prices but only for the first year, so you have to be careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cheaper than other providers having in consideration that this gives you Free Privacy Registration.

Setup of Domain récords is easier if you have Google Suite.

I have Goolge Suite, so there is no need to modify Domain récords (MX, A, etc), it does it automatically.

I've got benefits in time, no stress for knowledge of Setup.

Also I'm not worry anymore about the Price of the renewal Price of my Domain... with Google, its always the same Price every year, with the same benefits.

Google Domains review by Mandy C.
Mandy C.

"Because Google Can Do Everything..."

What do you like best?

It's a really easy process to purchase your domain on Google Domains. It's also easy to redirect your existing domain to a Google Domain. I think anyone who has at least a basic understanding of modern technology could easily maintain their domain.

What do you dislike?

I've never been a fan of Google's overall barebones aesthetic, so this is no exception to the rule. The positive thing, however, is that because it is so barebones, it is super easy to navigate around the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Domains is super easy to transfer ownership to from another previous domain company.

I mean, it's pretty straight-forward to purchase a domain name for your website. One really nice add-on is you can integrate your email to have your google domain name--of course, it's not free. However, if this is something you really want, then this is a fantastic add on. A feature like this can make your company look more professional and legitimate if that is something you are concerned with.

Google Domains review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="748aac5a-56d5-4216-b0ae-2b82349a495c">Davide D.</span>
Davide D.
" itemprop="name" />

"SO EASY!"

What do you like best?

Truly - EVERYTHING. The layout and simplicity of this domain server has everything I need and it's super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I truly dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy - switch all your domains to Google Domains and the ease of use across multiple domains simply increases the simplicity and enjoyment of using it!

Google Domains allows me to have all my domains in one place and to EASILY and quickly manage them. Never have I been able to add subdomains so easily - never have I been able to link email accounts and create forwarding email subdomains... Google Domains has truly simplified domain management!

Google Domains review by Steven E.
Steven E.

"Easy to use service with great help section"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, link with your Google account, and a robust help section. Great for experienced users and newbies.

What do you dislike?

User design could improve to help beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found Google domains to be more helpful than other domain services. It's also very helpful since a lot of my accounts are linked to my Google account.

Registering a domain for my personal and business website. For my business website, it was very simple to use the domain for my Squarespace website. For my personal website, I was easily and quickly able to transfer it from Squarespace to Wordpress.

Google Domains review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"Long time user but with recent concerns"

What do you like best?

I have moved many of my domains to Google and advice all my business clients to do the same. I have selected Google as my preferred domain host because they are a safe quit place to keep and manage domains. There are no constant up sales landing in my inbox, my customers do not get seeded with questions about their websites and website decisions. The price is consistent and on balance cost effective, especially carrying over the existing domain term after transferring.

I have now had a couple of reasons to dislike or at least prepare for.

What do you dislike?

[1] I like my smaller customer to register and pay for their own domains, but recently I have had a customer accidentally reset their domain information because they strayed into the Google Domains section of their Google account. They see a rather well promoted button telling them that their domain is not set up to the default Google settings and that this might cause them problems, so they see the highlighted button and reset the domain to default and lose all their external domain settings!

[2] The second issue is the real reason for this review. For me it has stopped me considering Google going forward and may spell the end of the road for this service in my business. I had a website hacked, my first and I am a bit ashamed it happened. Fortunately, it was not a customer account. I had been sloppy and tried out a demo website built from a tool and used a spare domain name to just get it running. It got hacked and started phishing. Google did the right thing and shut it down, I made sure the door was shut, cleaned up the whole server and deleted that website. No issues. Now the problem, Google sealed the domain. That rendered it inoperative and unable to be edited, transfer or any form of control. Remember this is my domain. They sent this e-mail to me:

“Your domain somedomain.now was suspended due to reports of phishing activities. Please take any necessary corrective actions to remove any malicious or compromised activities on the domain. You should conduct a review of the content and infrastructure including website(s) content, application and DNS servers, and hosting and security setup. Failure to take the necessary corrective actions may result in cancellation of your domain registration or termination of your account.

Please note that for us to restore the domain name, you need to do the following:

• Get a vulnerability audit from either:

o the hosting company providing services

o a 3rd party scanning service (from a mutually agreed vendor)

o a self-service vulnerability scanner

• Provide a report from one of the above that validates no vulnerabilities found, for example:

o an "all-clear" report from the hosting company or vendor

o an "all-clear" output from a self-service scan

o a log from a self-service scan showing "all clear"

Thanks,”

Now the problem with this and the subsequent six or so e-mails aver the course of a week, was that with no live site, no external report could be generated, my small shared hosting company declined to commit anything in writing, correctly saying it was my responsibility to check the software. So despite me being a webmaster with over 30 websites, ten years in the business, never any other bad record and this being a minor first offence I was locked in a standoff with Google on how to validate a clean website. They wanted a scan, despite the fact that they had disabled the service so I could not run any external scan. They would not accept my self-certification. After a long e-mail exchange, I got this final response:

“We just received an updated from our Technical Team and they decided to lift the suspension of your domain name somedomain.now. That being said, this does guarantee that the domain is "immune" to any possible sanction in case we receive another report for the same domain name. Feel free to reply to this email should you have any clarification”

It all ended well but took about a week. So imagine if it had been a serious customer, I would lose my business if it took me a week to get their service back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any problems with a website may result in your loss of control of the domain and web service until you pass the tests that Google decide which means you are left waiting for their support staff to go through their process. In my experience this can take a week.

Honest Domain Hosting without an interest in where the websites are hosted and with the freedom to select all e-mail and other services.

Google Domains review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"So Thankful to Have My Domain"

What do you like best?

It was super easy to add my own custom domain into my blogger blog, and Google Domains made it super easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike the renewal option, but I do worry about my domain renewal not working properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a search on your domain before you start. Then you can just plug in and go I don't know how easy it is to add your custom domain to a non-Google product because I haven't tried that, but the integrations with Google products are very easy.

When I wanted to go to a custom domain, the only option that I considered was Google Domains. Google Domains made it very easy to get not only my domain set up but it was also very easy to add my email.

Google Domains review by Raleigh T.
Raleigh T.

"I use Google Suite in my personal and professional life!"

What do you like best?

The cloud, the cloud, the cloud!! I LOVE that I can pull up my documents anywhere with any device, as long as I have access to the internet.

What do you dislike?

It could be more organized. Yes, there are folders, and yes, it alphabetizes forms, but it honestly just doesn't look very neat and clean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!! It is so much better than Microsoft Suite and lugging around external hard drives.

Our mission is to create the best environment for tech startups to succeed through facilitating a faster connection between talent, ideas, and capital. We're killin' the game with having created 3000 jobs in 4 years and having 7 companies graduate from startup to solid, stable, funded companies, able to stand on their own feet and hold long-term leases!

Google Domains review by Bogdan P.
Bogdan P.

"Simple, and easy to manage!"

What do you like best?

I love how streamlined their interface is. It is so easy to buy or transfer your domains. I also appreciate that the domain management page is not cluttered. One can find what they need with ease!

What do you dislike?

Honestly the only thing that is a problem is that sometimes domains can be a bit pricy

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you just want somewhere to manage your domains without all the clutter that other domain sites have, this is the place to be!

I mainly use this service for managing my personal website domains and routing them to DigitalOcean's nameservers

Google Domains review by Kyle R.
Kyle R.

"Hassle-free domain registration by Google"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and clear, consistent pricing. I know that I am always going to pay $12/year for a .com domain, I stay logged in with my Google account, have one less login to manage, and they don't waste my time with unnecessary phone calls or emails.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep compared to the competition and they do not offer 24/7 phone support. DNS management can be difficult for someone that doesn't have much experience with it and their support articles could be more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend choosing Google domains if you don't have any special requirements and don't mind spending a few dollars more per year than you would with a competitor.

Simple and effortless domain registration and renewals. I now have a unified place to manage all of my domains and no longer have to waste time searching for coupons or transferring domains between registrars.

Google Domains review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Finally a simple solution for domain purchases and management"

What do you like best?

How simple every interface is. Searching a domain name gives you pretty much every extension possible. Also, viewing your existing domains and their renewal dates is pretty great.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be a great option to publish a free website with your domain. Email forwarding options can be improved, especially when hosting your site on AWS

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start searching for your own name or other domain you might like to purchase and see how easy it is and how great the interface is. Management is pretty great, though Google is adding more features continually.

Cname, email forwards, microsite domain names.

Google Domains review by Christopher D.
Christopher D.

"getting domains is finally fun, easy, fast and cheap"

What do you like best?

Google Domains is incredibly fast and easy way to buy domains and even fancy top-level domains (TLD). The user interface is very fast and the documentation is good. There is plenty of flexibility to help even a n00b user get a website up quickly and easily; although I'm not a big fan of their current, very limited, partners currently.

What do you dislike?

Domain owners can't connect with other google domain customers to help administer their domains. It would be nice if I could use my own login so I can help configure settings for my customers without using their login info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you pay attention to renewal settings, and unfortunately they don't offer backordering or monitoring like many others do.

buying domains quickly and keeping track of them in a central location. I have reailzed that speed can make a huge difference in getting a website live quickly.

Google Domains review by Ben K.
Ben K.

"Domain Management Simplified, Great Integration With Existing Google Account"

What do you like best?

Web-based tools are very user-friendly, making domain management quick and simple without sacrificing customizability. Tool tips demystify what could otherwise feel like a daunting task. UI design matches other Google products and makes using the tools feel very natural if you've ever used another Google product.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. However, I'm a casual website builder and manager, so perhaps there are some more technical customizations that others may wish for. For the typical freelancer or web design professional, domain management feels very easy and straightforward. I honestly have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Domains is a great way to manage any domains you own. The tools provided are powerful, fast, and laden with tips and guides for working with other major hosting providers. Integration with your existing Google accounts makes things simple. The price is hard to beat and the user-friendliness is really top-notch. If you were ever intimidated by the idea of managing your own domains, Google Domains is the perfect solution for you. Give it a try.

I was looking for a central location to manage a handful of domains owned by me and by a number of clients I've worked with over the years. Prior to using Google Domains I had to keep track of a bunch of web accounts, credentials, and idiosyncrasies between management tools. Google Domains centralized the task of managing these domains and made moving them from other registrars a breeze. If you manage domains infrequently it can be tough to remember the steps you need to take to modify or move a domain. Google Domains makes this simple, providing step-by-step guides for transferring domains from many popular registrars and hosting companies. I found it exceptionally efficient to move and manage domains and that saved me time and energy.

Google Domains review by KC S.
KC S.

"Pleasant experience with an easy to use site."

What do you like best?

The best part about this website is it's ease of use through its simplicity and transparency. They promise that directly on their website. They focus on one thing and this is domains. Unlocking your domain is made very simple unlike other websites that I have been on (with multiple clicking and redirecting). I believe that is its best feature.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is the one thing that I would have to say that I dislike. However, allow me to explain that. It is a few dollars more with google domains than other like websites that I have researched, but at the same token, they offer simplicity through included privacy unlike the other websites that I have used. Would I like the price to be cheaper? Obviously, who doesn't want to save some money. But I like that the fact that the price includes everything unlike other websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google domains needs to have a better platform for support. In my experience of using the support system, I found it very difficult to use. Their contact forms are buried in the site and their phone support options are limited to US business hours. I am not always able to call during "normal business" hours. However, they do offer off-hours chat or an email option.

I'm not really solving any business problems, rather, I am simply registering my domain. I have claimed, registered, and managed my domain name. That is what this website offers and the simplicity of this website is what I like the most about it.

Google Domains review by Eric L. J.
Eric L. J.

"Basic Domain Registrations"

What do you like best?

It's a simple domain registration interface with honest pricing. If you prefer to keep everything under Google then there's no reason to not use their domain registration service. It's really tough to say more about the service because it's a very basic interface because it just does the one thing: Allow you to register domains.

What do you dislike?

It's very difficult, at first, to figure out how to register a domain. You have to search for a domain name or idea, then it will give you a list of ideas and domains to choose from and their price. Typically you would have a 'REGISTER' button or the equivalent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure what the point of Google Domains is except for Google to offer the service for the sake of offering the service. I don't see anything that is different or special about the service. Domains look to be priced at the standard pricing for TLDs and the interface is clean. The only idea I can think of why anyone would use this service is to keep everything under Google or to keep registrations separate from your hosting if your hosting charges higher domain registration rates.

We have the majority of registrations with our hosting provider already. We considered at one time to move to Google to keep things separate, as their pricing is equivalent, but at this time, we just keep one domain there to be able to help our clients that may use the Google Domain service. This way we're familiar with the service.

Google Domains review by Annie A.
Annie A.

"Google Domains Review - New User "

What do you like best?

Allows you to easily claim, register & manage domain names. A very simple interface that allows advanced integrations. You can make it as easy or complex that you would like!

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit more than competitors. It's not too much of a difference, but the only thing I can think of that I would dislike. I would like a more competitive price. If you need a hosting platform, then this is not going to be the service that you will want to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will definitely enjoy the transparency! It's so easy to use that anyone can follow along. I recommend researching as much as you can to ensure that you are set up for success. The support seems to be easy and pretty quick to respond as well.

Just wanting to register a few generic domains for your business.

Google Domains review by Kendra W.
Kendra W.

"Great to have all domains in one place - finally!"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage all of my domains under one host is something that is severely appreciated. They made a lot of improvements since Beta and I've used them to host the majority of my sites since then (~1 year now).

It's very nice to have the majority in one easy place for renewals!

They run several promotions throughout the year, which is really great. One more recently that sticks out was the "$30 off your next registration" promotion/coupon I received in my email for their 1 year anniversary. They also did a promo last summer for a free full year's registration in exchange for just signing up with auto-renew which was awesome.

So although competitors might run coupons once in a while for a few bucks off here and there, Google Domains definitely is holding their own in terms of promotions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth noting in the dislike category.

Organization is key when it comes to renewing the large amount of domains I manage, so having the majority of them hosted in one place is a definite positive.

Google Domains review by Darian R.
Darian R.

"I hate to say it rocks, but it does!"

What do you like best?

Why did no one ever do this? I've been using various services for years, since the late 90s. Google doesn't always make things easy, but this is a fantastically simple way to buy domains. Almost too easy... before you know it you'll have a ton of domains just because it's so simple.

It's easy to buy, renew, manage and administrate the various aspects of domain ownership. Private registrations and other options are all right there. It's sort of a boring topic, so it's weird that I'm so excited with how well this works.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that I am not sure this would work well for large businesses. It seems designed for a one person type of role and that it's tied to your google account. I suppose you could set up a separate google account if you were paranoid or worried about google in some way. I'm not personally but it does sometimes make me wonder: what if google owned everything?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Godaddy

Domain registration

Google Domains review by Kyle L.
Kyle L.

"It's Google! Domain registration made simple, need better integration partners. "

What do you like best?

What's not to like about Google's familiar, streamlined interface. Google Domains offers inexpensive domain registry that is tied to your Google Account. The added bonus of free private registration is a bonus over competitors and the $12 annual fee is cheaper than most others.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy and other competitors offer incentives that bring the cost of domain registry down if you bundled with hosting. Unfortunately, Google Domains does not offer hosting services and instead partners with a limited amount of services. While this is great if you're looking to create a simply blog (Blogger) or e-commerce site (Squarespace), those who want a more integrated package of registry and hosting should look elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're familiar with Squarespace or Blogger (or other Google Domain partners), you may find value in the service. Web Developers and those wanting more control over their web pages might want to search elsewhere as domain forwarding is an unnecessary, extra step that can be avoided.

I was originally intrigued by Google Domains given the success Google has had with their other products. Unfortunately, I've yet to realize much benefit from registering my domain with the service. The partnered providers (squarespace, blogger, etc.) don't provide enough services my needs.

Google Domains review by David S.
David S.

"Easiest domain service I've used"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the service is what wins me over more than anything else. GoDaddy, in particular, feels like a cluttered mess to get through. Google Domains makes it easy, and I love that I just use my Google login, like any other Google service.

What do you dislike?

Google could own this and give great education on how to make changes in your domains. Right now, it feels just as confusing to drill down into DNS record changes as it does on any other service. Additionally, even though it's a Google service, it doesn't feel wholly integrated. It would be great if Google Apps and Google Domains talked to each other so changes to your business email settings, for example, would update your email settings on Google Domains. While I like that Google suggests services to build websites, none of them seem to have a seamless setup of their site on a Google Domain. I'd love it if you could log into your Google account on those services and automatically work out all technical steps for launching your site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When evaluating options, pay attention to how easy it is to tasks other than purchasing, like configuring email forwarding. Google Domains makes it so simple.

Google Domains review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Does it better than others"

What do you like best?

I can't believe it took me so long to switch to Google Domains. I didn't even know it existed, but it is SO much easier to manage than other domains. My favorite part is the great integration into Gmail, and the fact that my Google accounts are how I manage the domains. I don't need a separate login or separate site, it's all in my Google accounts.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that the Gmail setup was a little simpler, and faster. You have to put in a certain code to verify you own the domain (or something like that, MX code I think), and it takes a bit of time (up to an hour to verify). Just seemed a little technical and roundabout, when they obviously have the integrations to make this easier (one would think).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already in a Google Accounts environment, using Gmail, their office products, or anything else...just switch to Google Domains. I'm not super technical, but as a small business this was extremely easy to setup and admin, and I have full confidence that while growing it will be easy to scale with this.

Google Domains review by Meg W.
Meg W.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of management as well as the ability to set different admin levels.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really comes to mind. Most of the time, when I have an issue, I can find the solution online or support is there for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It scales with you. Allows for multiple administrators. You won't need to install office suite for every employee! Sheets is slightly lacking so people in the accounting and finance sector will still want Excel for a while. With a significant other in IT, this is what they typically suggest to their clients as a solution.

Groups, internal email, centralized document storage......

Google Domains review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"A Better Alternative for Domain Registration"

What do you like best?

Google Domains is up-front and honest about cost and they don't try and up-sell you on alternate domain names and hosting. It's quick and easy registration.

What do you dislike?

Prices are consistent with the rest of the registrars but I still wish it was a little cheaper.

The need for registering domain names and managing DNS settings. More of my services are contained within my Google account now. I'm far less annoyed by marketing tactics with Google Domains.

Google Domains review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Google Domains, intuitive and simple"

What do you like best?

I love the admin panel and how simple it is to set everyone up. A true testament to collaboration and efficiency. I have used google domains at work and at my church and both organizations have loved it!

What do you dislike?

sometimes the email can be a little tricky, i was trying to set up a "giving" email address and had some issues due to a limited number of email addresses

solving the problem of everyone being on a different page, we now have our admins, users and everything else setup properly which really helps our effectiveness.

Google Domains review by Sebastian C.
Sebastian C.

"google domain with google Apps"

What do you like best?

google domain with google Apps is very easy to use except the login itself

What do you dislike?

I dislike that in the past google domain costs only 10 dollars and google apps was free... other think is that in my case, to change dns configurations I have to login to goDaddy using a weird google domain and user... this login is to weird and confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

you have to be careful now a days, because google offers google apps for a month free, and if you dont remember to cancel it, its a lot of money for a small project

we ndee to have a dot com domain for our site, and this was the easy way to get one

Google Domains review by Nathanial H.
Nathanial H.

"Easy way to purchase a domain!!"

What do you like best?

I wasn't really sure where to start with purchasing a domain name. It wasn't something I had done before, so I did what everyone usually does and I "googled" it. Within a few minutes I had my domain name and I've been using it for a little over a year now.

What do you dislike?

I wish there would have been maybe like an easy mode that would offer you everything you need to buy the domain and host a website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an easy way to purchase a domain and get started putting your company out on the web.

We needed to start having more of an online presence, so we purchased a domain and began to start building our website.

Google Domains review by Cameron A.
Cameron A.

"Easiest Way To Manage My Domain"

What do you like best?

Since I have a Gmail account -- two, actually -- I figured it was time to transfer my domain to Google. At $12/year, as well, I couldn't go wrong. Easy to transfer, easy to maintain!

What do you dislike?

The interface could stand more tweaking to be human-usable. Some features are less accessible than others, and you have to Google the info to find out what to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Gmail account, it couldn't be any easier to choose and setup your domain!

I needed a domain for my freelance writing portfolio, and didn't want to pay too much for it. Having my domain linked to my business Gmail account is a bonus!

Google Domains review by Cole T.
Cole T.

"Simple, easy tool to buy and manage domains"

What do you like best?

It's simple, easy, and integrates nicely with Google for Business. I control basic e-mail settings, DNS settings, and registration information. It's simple to buy a domain and forward it and e-mail addresses to another website or e-mail account.

What do you dislike?

Some domains tend to be more expensive then elsewhere. I have also wanted to build a very simple webpage for a single marketing purpose, but the website options are not the greatest, and the free Blogger platform good be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy from Google if you like using Google for Business - there isn't much to setup, just hit a few buttons. Or if you plan on using Squarespce, Wix, Shopify, or Weebly. Of course, you can always point the DNS as your own servers or another hosted server, but it does make it pretty simple to launch a site on these platforms. Or blogger.

Simple, single location to manage all domains. Google Domains also provides very simple e-mail forwarding - I use multiple domains and forward them to a single e-mail account to achieve different business / marketing goals.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Happier with Google Domains than GoDaddy"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy may be the king of discount codes, but I'm much happier with my Google Domains account. I've found it easier to manage my domains, and appreciate that I'm not constantly harassed about renewals and promotions like I was (and continue to be) before switching.

What do you dislike?

Since promo codes aren't as easily available the initial cost of registering domains is a little steeper. Renewals seem to be a little bit cheaper though, so I'm sure it evens out in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Even if the cost is a little higher, if you're switching from a registar that you're unhappy with Google Domains is the way to go.

The more I can put in one place the better, and google domains is allowing me to do just that. One less password to keep up with, and less junk in our inbox.

Google Domains review by Christina L.
Christina L.

"Google is awesome all around"

What do you like best?

We actively use Google to search at work, and as a domain. There are certain spellings of medication that we don't know, without using Google to find them. We also utilize Google to figure out certain functions of programs, such as Microsoft Office. Life is so much better with Google.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Google. If anything, I would maybe suggest that they expand into other companies as well, like YouTube. They make great phones and computers. My company would love to do even more business with Google, if they come out with more products and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's awesome!

Knowledge is power, and Google definitely helps us acquire the knowledge we need, in order to succeed at our job. It can also help us keep in communication with our staff more easily, through e-mail and IMs.

Google Domains review by Nina F.
Nina F.

"Easy, Inexpensive, Flawless"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and understanding is all Google!

What do you dislike?

I don't actually have any complaints with Domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like with most Google products, this has the same format that you are used to. The platform is all standard Google, making it so easy to use. And you know it can be trusted.

We needed a web presence and everything I was finding was not something that I could do. Google Domains works with WordPress and allows me to create a professional and workable website.

Google Domains review by Oded S.
Oded S.

"Not Cheap. But hey - we want to fight godaddy no?"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. In domains transfer, ease of use. just like Google knows how to do. The price is OK, not expensive not cheap.

What do you dislike?

Not advanced. Other domain registrars provide you additional features and services like free email on the domain, hosting, etc.

You can rarely find discounts on that, while in GoDaddy for instance there is plenty of discounts available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yet another domain registrar. Easy, prices a bit cheaper for renewals than GoDaddy. Don't expect it to have the same features as others registrars.

Having a one place to manage my domains, with the simplicity of Google and the stability and quick dashboard performance.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"No ads. No up-sells."

What do you like best?

See title! No ads. I can't deal with bloated companies like GODADDY and the like which are just ADS and UP-SELLS.

What do you dislike?

They refer their partners to build sites, but it is done in a nice way, so not too big of a deal. No one to call if something goes wrong. But, nothing has gone wrong yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back.

Simple to manage a single, or over a hundred in one place. Moving domains IN is easy as well from other sources.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"Simple enough to figure out and works great"

What do you like best?

Every part of it has worked quickly and flawlessly as soon as I've found the relevant setting for whatever I'm trying to do.

What do you dislike?

For how easy it makes it to do things once you know what you're doing, the amount of paired documentation on typical domain administration tasks is sorely lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have some familiarity with how domains function in order to accomplish most tasks with Google Domains. As a technical user who hadn't dealt with domains before, it took me half an afternoon of searching around for the answers i needed on how to get everything set up nicely.

I needed an easy way to get domain names that I could point at my own websites. Now I have them and can easily set up more.

Google Domains review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Convenient and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I like the Google Suite because it is easily accesible and convenient to use. The interfaces are user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Not that I dislike the Google products that currently exist, but I am looking forward to new products that make using Google that much more convenient and inclusive.

I currently use GMail to communicate with colleges, Google Docs to share and edit documents with colleges and students. I look forward to using Google Classroom in combination with Google Docs and Forms next academic year with students.

Google Domains review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A modern, simple way to manage domains!"

What do you like best?

In typical Google fashion, searching, purchasing, and managing domains is simple and clear. I have used many other services in the past, but Google Domains is by far the most user-friendly and quick tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have been very pleased with my experience so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several domain providers in the past but will never go back to them. Google domains is by far the easiest to use and quickest to search!

I need to purchase and maintain one to three domains every year. It has been very easy to search for, purchase, and manage my domains through Google Domains.

Google Domains review by Boris T.
Boris T.

"Very Easy to Use Registrar"

What do you like best?

Fast, Easy, and efficient search cuts down the time required to find domain you need

What do you dislike?

If you search for the same domain enough times, their algorithm purchases the domain from under you.

Purchase domains to start business

Google Domains review by Internal Consultant in Research
Internal Consultant in Research

"Easy, clean and efficient"

What do you like best?

I don't know how to code and felt very limited when looking for a domain. I found google domains- doesn't require I know how to code and allowed for easy site creation. I love that it's compatible with other services I use such a blogger. One thing we really like are the additional apps such as custom email and calendar. I work remotely so google hangouts has also been a huge plus for us. Highly recommend Google Domains!

What do you dislike?

Chat. I very much dislike chat. I would like the option to be invisible to only some users- not all.

Working remotely is less of a challenge with Google. Calendaring is easy and with tools like Uber Conference, we can schedule video meetings.

Google Domains review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Google Domains does the job simply"

What do you like best?

It's simple and doesn't try to sell you other things

What do you dislike?

The price is high. There are no discount codes for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Domains is an easy to use product if you want to get domains and emails. Everything is integrated very well. It's just a little pricier in comparison to other options out there.

Getting a domain that is simple and easy to use

Google Domains review by Diane M.
Diane M.

"Google Apps for Education"

What do you like best?

Excellent access for students and teachers within our school domain!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes or updates come at times that are inconvenient. We have no control when updates happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Great sharing between teachers and teachers as they work on projects and curriculum. Great sharing between students and students on group work. Great sharing between teacher and students.

Google Domains review by User in Higher Education

"Google Domains Review "

What do you like best?

Google Domains is super easy to use, it is very self explanatory and is relatively inexpensive. You can also get custom email for your $12/year. What's nice is you don't need to necessarily know anything about coding but can still have a nice and professional looking website for only $12/year. Their support is also pretty good. You can also chat with their customer service online which is convenient for an office setting where you might not want to be on the phone , and is an easier solution than email usually.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike this, but there are other sites that you can pay less per year and have your site hosted (weebly, for instance, I believe is cheaper). But I imagine google gives you better visibility since most people use google as their main search engine. It also charges more or less for different domain endings (.business vs. .com) which, I'm not sure if that's industry standard, but i've never seen before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google domains is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. I'd highly recommend it.

This allows you to easily find a domain name that is not already being used, and allows you to host your site, and get a personalized email. It makes the process of setting up a website pretty seamless from start to finish. It is helpful to have gmail, google drive, google cal and the domains all on one platform, through google. This is definitely helpful for people who are forgetful like me and can't remember their passwords.

Google Domains review by Nikhil S.
Nikhil S.

"The daddy of goDaddy"

What do you like best?

I got a google domain invite on Reddit and decided to use it. The best part of using it is that the transfer of domains is really easy. Also, i can just login to my Gmail account and see how my domain is doing which is convenient.

What do you dislike?

Its a little expensive than other providers and requires setting up a google apps account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a much more convenient than any other domain name provider. Go for it.

managing my domains and reselling them conveniently.

Google Domains review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Great tool for a collaborative work setting"

What do you like best?

That our documents integrate with our email and hangouts where we chat all day. It makes work go so much more seamlessly than when we used Outlook and Sharepoint and shared drives. My company works largely remotely so this easy communication and sharing ability is crucial.

For google drive specifically,I love that every document can be simultaneously edited by multiple people at once. My company also pays for SharePoint, but we constantly had issues with document version control when many people across a team or department needed to edit the same document. I also appreciate that you can upload a document that was made on something like a Microsoft product such as Excel and it easily can be converted into a google drive editable document.

I also like the fact that you can have a private space on google drive but also have folders shared with coworkers/teams/departments.

Hangouts is super easy to use and allows you to send pictures through the service as well which saves a lot of time!

All of the google domain apps can be added to your phone and are all well made so it's easy to use when you're on the move. I travel a lot and it allows me to keep completely up to date with work.

What do you dislike?

The only, small criticism that I have is that google "sheets" does not have all the functionality that excel has but it's still pretty close!

Communication, document sharing and editing, collaboration

Google Domains review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Awesome Way to Maintain Information"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can create a website from google domains.

What do you dislike?

Limited versions of development of websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a lot of research!

The fact that I can create a website and manage it all from google. Benefits are that I can really just go to ONE place for everything.

Google Domains review by Johnny N.
Johnny N.

"Easiest Registrar Ever!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use compared to many other registrars with garbage looking sites and clunky domain management tools.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, other than they don't provide basic hosting services (except for Google Cloud)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google may not have 'special' pricing for popular TLDs, but the long run, it is the easiest to use and well priced.

Management of multiple domains across several clients. Google Domains makes it much easier to manage and register.

Google Domains review by Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.

"Really convenient to use"

What do you like best?

Google Domains is really easy to use and very convenient. I used it for one of my domains and set up my email that way. It was very easy with excellent documentation and step by step instructions, so it's great even for a beginner

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there's anything I dislike at this point. I guess if you like doing more work to set up your domain, then this might not be for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want to get started quickly. Generally just great for managing your domain and also integrates well with Google apps. Price is good and and overall it's just easy to use. In general, Google's support team is also very helpful.

Google Domains review by Sean V.
Sean V.

"Easy Peezy."

What do you like best?

Simple, Google interface, very reliable. Simple pricing.

What do you dislike?

Wish Google did hosting, too and did schlep you over to BlueHost for sites.

Site domains and hosting.

Google Domains review by David E.
David E.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Ability to quickly and easily setup new accounts and remove old accounts. Everything about it is easy!

What do you dislike?

no free accounts, even as read only users or sending agents.

Email and collab tools

Google Domains review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not perfect, but definitely useful"

What do you like best?

I love how seamlessly Google connects to so many platforms, both for work and personal use. I'm OBSESSED with their calendars.

What do you dislike?

I think Google offers a lot and is fairly easy to use, on the surface, but they aren't always user-friendly. I keep finding multiple versions of the same doc saved in my drive. Sometimes simple things are hard to find, and a lot of my coworkers don't use/understand the commenting and doc-editing features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't shy away from light training or tutorials, if your entire team will be using Google domains.

I love that google docs save automatically! No more losing work if my computer crashes.

Google Domains review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Intuitive for a novice"

What do you like best?

I like being able to manage my entire site and domain from a single point. As we use Google for most of our other services--website, analytics, email / apps, etc...it makes it very convenient to manage all aspects of our web footprint in a single portal.

What do you dislike?

I'm "locked in" to Google. In the event an alternative solution provided a better option it would be difficult to switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check that Google meets your requirements--it's very easy to get locked in to Google.

Google Domains review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.

"The easiest DNS/Registrar provider that I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

Easy to search and add domains. The ability to use 'Google Drive-like' file sharing privileges for DNS management has been a pleasure.

What do you dislike?

It was a little confusing understanding the DNS manager because it is so different from any other system that are out there, additionally a lot of the terms used in the application are different from other DNS managers.

Easy DNS management, and the ability to offer multiple users access to the system.

Google Domains review by Rodrigo A.
Rodrigo A.

"Google Domains is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I like the best features that Google Domains offer. I love the simplicity of the user interface and the experience.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't like that prices are a bit expensive for .me and some other TLDs (top-level domains).

I use Google Domains for a number of solutions. One, it allows me to get creative with so many names.

Google Domains review by Lorenzo G.
Lorenzo G.

"perfect for a small or large business "

What do you like best?

I love how easy and convenient it is to create so many different domains for our growing company.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customer support. I always have questions but i don't know where do get the answers and sometimes the help center doesn't have my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love more user support.

Helping our small but growing company.

Google Domains review by User in Internet

"Wish this existed a long time ago."

What do you like best?

Very simple, very fast interface. Very easy to spin up new domains and set-up Google Apps.

What do you dislike?

Literally nothing -- I wish that Google had this a long time ago.

We managed a lot of domains for our customers -- it is nice to have integrated billing, a simple dashboard, and easy Google Apps set up.

Google Domains review by Rasa A.
Rasa A.

"Brilliant"

What do you like best?

I have had Google based emails in two companies I have previously worked and I think it's brilliant. Not only the fact you are able to log in anywhere any time without having to think about complicated set up procedures, VPNs, etc, but I generally like Google email and I think it does everything (and probably more) that the more traditional Outlook does.

What do you dislike?

You must have internet access though. You will not be able to start an email that can then be sent out later on when you have a connection. In cases of company networks going down, you can not do anything you could on let's say Outlook (i.e. prepare an email to be sent later, search the emails you have previously received, etc)

Google Domains review by User in Internet

"Simple and good"

What do you like best?

As is very typical of Google and the brand's style, Google Domains is simple and minimalistic. I like looking at a simple interface because it keeps me focused and makes it easier to navigate. Also, if you choose to leave Google Domains down the road, they make it easy to unlock your personal domain.

What do you dislike?

When you compare the price of Google Domains with what you receive within that cost, it doesn't match up against similar tools cost/benefits. For example, many are equally simple but cheaper or more expensive by a bit but offer more benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to shop around based on what you're looking to get out of this product.

Google Domains is strictly a domain registrar. They allow you to claim, register & manage domain names. They do not offer complementary services such as hosting.

Google Domains review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Pleasure to work with!"

What do you like best?

I love integrated calendars, mail and sheets. We managed to eradicate all of our paper logs and moved it all onto the Google Domain.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that there is anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't even hesitate

As mentioned earlier, we managed to get rid of all of our paper logs (we had way too many) and put them in the Google domain to allow us to share them with our entire staff. We were able to pick and choose which departments saw what.

Also, calendars integrate with mail super easily.

Google Domains review by Jonathan K.
Jonathan K.

"Good product and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of learning how to make the software work for whatever your job or responsibilities entail. east to access help and learning on the web. tutorials are helpful and easy to learn with.

What do you dislike?

the whole google suite is still evolving and does not have some of the bells and whistles as some of the competition software designed and used for specific purposes. But with time, it will be just as powerful

Communication to global environments - now that the whole company is on google, it makes global communication more seamless than before

Google Domains review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Easy!"

What do you like best?

Simple setup, good support. Easily scalable and little maintenance.

What do you dislike?

The only difficulty I've had is trying to log into the administrative login while also in my usual login. I've found that opening an incognito browser window is a decent work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth consideration.

Easily and affordably maintaining a custom domain.

Google Domains review by Conrad O.
Conrad O.

"Simple & straightforward "

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to register domains and no-frills DNS record setup.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Only thing I may worry about is their customer service if there is an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Hover as well if you need support.

Registering domains is full of scammers, Google seems to be more straightforward.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Simple for simple tasks"

What do you like best?

Dashboard and integrated into the google site creator. Great for analytics.

What do you dislike?

Not the cheapest. Limited in the type of sites you could manage and the level of customization.

I can managed multiple domains for websites and emails in one place. The benefit is that it's integrated into the google suite.

Google Domains review by Mike O.
Mike O.

"Domain Registration Made Easier by Google"

What do you like best?

Of course you log in directly with your gmail account so that's simple. Purchase prices are competitive and setup is relatively simple

What do you dislike?

Not a ton of documentation out there on setting things up (all setups different, but similar between registrars).

Purchasing new domains for clients and setting up Gmail for those accounts if needed.

Google Domains review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"How much better can it get than Google Domains!"

What do you like best?

I like the suggestions page and how it shows the various endings and related domain names. The page is simple and clean. There are no ads or distractions.

What do you dislike?

The show more drop down only shows about 5 more domains at a time. It would be nice if it were to show more than 5 suggestions.

We have started using Google Domains as a supplement to Go Daddy. At times the prices are cheaper and who wouldn't trust a Google branded product?

Google Domains review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Pleasant, quick and comprehensive service"

What do you like best?

Very few button clicks to get a business back end up and running

What do you dislike?

Limited suppliers when choosing a domain

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are tied to a user pricing model, each milestone user limit will incur a larger fee.

A complete business package including a domain and corresponding email addresses

Google Domains review by Gabe G.
Gabe G.

"Google Domains is now my only domain store"

What do you like best?

Easy of use. It is super simple to get off the ground running for a website.

What do you dislike?

Nothing; this tool lets you do anything you can imagine with a domain.

I have about 12 domains I manage. This makes it a breeze to keep them updated and secure.

The benefits are easily seen: visibility of all of your domains, with quick access to settings for each one.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Google Domains - Great Product..."

What do you like best?

I've used Google Domains for a few years now and have found it efficient and useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike - I wish that domain transfer of ownership was a more instantaneous process.

Searching for affordable domains for projects.

Google Domains review by Dayn R.
Dayn R.

"A far easier Registrar to use and monitor"

What do you like best?

Simple - hey, it's Google! All my Domains in one place and the modification to DNS and email forwarding is simple.

What do you dislike?

Sorting through all the Domains is cumbersome at times.

Buying and monitoring Domains is now streamlined and I can manage multiple companies and such more efficiently.

Google Domains review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best Domain Registrar Out There"

What do you like best?

It is simple, no complicated menus and sub menus to get to the actually important stuff. I can change my DNS very easily and it is fast and responsive the antithesis to GoDaddy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, just waiting on them to support all domain endings, but they will soon enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it will make your life so much easier, also its cheaper than most of the others and it is reliable.

Too many domain registrars are slow and littered with other products that you don't want or need. Changing your DNS settings can be a real pain on other systems but with Google it is only a few clicks and you are done.

Google Domains review by User in Higher Education

"Great Free Option for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

VERY easy to use. Free product! Creates a quality webpage.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have as many personalization options as paid programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, straight-forward pricing and instructions.

Webpage development, which contributes to increased public awareness and business

Google Domains review by User

"Great product that keeps up with trends"

What do you like best?

I really like using google domains for my work email as well as using that same platform for all of my work related logins. You have the ability to keep track of and share so many more things within your network. It's excellent and an obvious choice for a company that wants to streamline their operations.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The program is easy to use and super user friendly.

I work in administrative duties in my office, so the google domain platform has helped me keep track of projects going on with different coworkers, where people are at and has kept things very efficient.

Google Domains review by Cody S.
Cody S.

"Google domains for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The software makes your business look Very professional.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really much to dislike! I love google domains.

Managing email users, collaboration on documents, cloud storage.

Google Domains review by Bayarsaikhan V.
Bayarsaikhan V.

"Simple to manage your multiple domains from a single place"

What do you like best?

Ability to use friendly UX to manage domain records with no DNS knowledge, as well as option to dive into detailed settings.

What do you dislike?

I don't think Google is associated well with domain management software

Reliable, yet centralized management for all my digital asset. As I am already user of Google, it made sense to move my domains there as well.

Google Domains review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Quality Service and Easy Registration for Domains"

What do you like best?

The simple layout and cleanness of the platform. Easy registration and straight to the point. Best Secured Security also. The best part on this is, you can also choose free private registration, which is 100% totally free, not like other domain selling companies. You also get 100 Free email accounts with your domain.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i disliked is that, you do not get group discounts when you purchase a domains compared to other companies. Maybe Google will fix this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend everyone to use for single purchasing domains. If you are looking for bulk purchases of domains, I believe there are other companies that have better pricing.

Google Domains review by John P.
John P.

"Great way to manage domains"

What do you like best?

I liked that it had a clear list of directories taken/available.

What do you dislike?

I would like to know more variations of the domain that are available.

I was solving the business problem of needing a good domain name.

Google Domains review by Anthony T.
Anthony T.

"Google Domains is easy to use with great features."

What do you like best?

Google domains is easy to use and has a variety of features to utilize. It integrates so many different useful tools seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

There are some features within Google Domains that are paid and they seem like they should be free.

I have been trying to create higher visibility for my business. Adwords has helped with that tremendously.

Google Domains review by Zlatan D.
Zlatan D.

"Ready set google!!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use like nothing else. You can be up and running in no time. Just follow the directions and you will have your domain setup.

What do you dislike?

Google Domains is still in Beta so I cant wait until it goes 100%

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you cant go wrong. If you dont, you wont know what suits your better.

Google Domains review by Christina P.
Christina P.

"This is a lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

Everything in one place where we can manage all our domains. It simplifies everything for our office in that regard.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I would actually use as a con to review this

Everything is so scattered and this has helped compile and manage our domains so we don't have to!

Google Domains review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

The community based platform is definitely a pro for me ! Compared to other registries Google Domains leads the way in my opinion. Works well allowing me to manage several sites under one domain.

What do you dislike?

No Dislikes, everything seems to be heading in the right direction since I've been introduced to this product

Haven't really had any problems other than just adjusting and adapting.

I've noticed a nice drive in traffic to my hosting so that's a good benefit so far

Google Domains review by Danielle J.
Danielle J.

"Google Domains"

What do you like best?

It's super simple, I think even a high schooler or maybe even a middle schooler could do it.

What do you dislike?

Support, there really isn't any. They're calling times are limited and that's a big inconvenience.

It's super easy for someone in a small business to get noticed.

Google Domains review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Perfect for business without using personal account"

What do you like best?

I can use the email just for business or work purposes, that way I don't mix up with my personal information. I can switch to different account on the same screen.

What do you dislike?

Is difficult for me to find a way to update my personal information. I still have old information

Recommendations to others considering the product

Help to keep separate personal from business

I don't have to use my personal email for work anymore

Google Domains review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Solid"

What do you like best?

I found it an inexpensive, fast, and intuitive process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing glaring immediately springs to mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A solid option.

Initial startup costs. Saving every cent helps. $20 domains help a lot.

Google Domains review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to set up and use, support was great when I needed help. Totally seemless!

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into any issues or dislikes yet. I've been using it for 2 years now.

I bought the domains for my company through Google Domains. It's not something I interact with often but when I need to, its easy and painless.

Google Domains review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Affordable way to buy domains"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use and the affordable costs.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google domains was an easy switch from GoDaddy. So far no complaints. They offer a service that is needed without ripping off their users.

Google Domains review by Ellen K.
Ellen K.

"Easy way to create a Digital Portfolio for work"

What do you like best?

I found that Google Domains was easy to use, and I liked how the changes were instantaneous, plus automatically saved.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tricky learning how it worked initially, but once I got the hang of it.. it wasn't too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be a bit of a learning curve for usability at first, but hang in there! It's worth it!

Google Domains review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Find it all with Google"

What do you like best?

I like that when signed in, you can access all your history, likes, suggestions, etc from any computer.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything I dislike with Google Domains

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a domain to seemlessly integrate with other applications, Google is perfect.

Things are more fluid with Google domains and therefore it takes less time to access information or important files.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Google Domains has streamlined my ability to communicate clearly and effectively."

What do you like best?

I like that all the apps that i use are all accessible in one place

What do you dislike?

I dislike the unease of finding emails that have been archived

We use google domains for our entire church staff. The benefits are found in the ease of communication between those who also use the same domain.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Perfect Tool for Our Company Size"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy the tool is to use and I like that this tool syncs with my phone so well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to open so many windows on my browser.

Very collaborative tool and I love that we can switch time zones and integrate with other tools we use for scheduling interviews.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Google Domains a dedent Alternate option"

What do you like best?

Privacy Feature at no charge

Google Cloud Integration

Integrations with apps

What do you dislike?

No deals for domains like go daddy and other providers.

Limited options as of no

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better UI

More features,

Integration with Google Computer / Cloud

Management of Domains.

So far reasonably ok.

Good scope for improvement

Google Domains review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Google domains - use google work email addresses"

What do you like best?

Use gmail for personal accounts so using a google domain work work makes jumping between the two simple.

What do you dislike?

Domain does not have as many features at Outlook which makes archiving and organizing emails difficult

No real problem to be solved, we need email to operate and don't host our own server.

Google Domains review by Executive Sponsor in Food Production
Executive Sponsor in Food Production

"Google Domains fits our needs well"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the reasonable cost of maintaining the service.

What do you dislike?

At this time we can find nothing to dislike.

Google Domains provides us with an easy to use platform to conduct our IT related business.

Google Domains review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Works Flawlessly"

What do you like best?

This is simple and easy to use. Recommended even for those that don't have much computer experience.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there is anything I don't like! Even the customer service department is great!

This helps solve time management problems, which is a huge benefit to all!

Google Domains review by Administrator

"Domains for Dummies"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity. Very user friendly

What do you dislike?

nothing that I dislike at this time. Happy with what is offered so far

Registering smaller entities to have their own web identity

Google Domains review by User

"Google domains "

What do you like best?

I can review domains that are related to mine

What do you dislike?

Pricing on some domains are significantly higher than others unnecessarily

I can buy multiple domains at one time and direct them all to the same website

Google Domains review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Easy Domain"

What do you like best?

Simple sign up and management. Easy connection to website.

What do you dislike?

No domain special pricing or offers like other domain services.

Created my business domain.

Google Domains review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Prices could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that CNAME and MX records are easy to access and modify. The online dashboard is simple.

What do you dislike?

Prices could be lower, given Google's buying power.

Consolidated domain control with other services

Learning about Google Domains?

* We monitor all Google Domains reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Google Domains to Similar Solutions