Google Drive

Drive: Store everything, share anything. Automatically sync files from Mac or PC to your personal drive in Google's cloud. Access files anywhere.

Work for Google Drive?
Inkling review  2x

Learning about Google Drive?

Google Drive Reviews

Ask Google Drive a Question
Showing 2370 Google Drive reviews
Google Drive review by <span>Manuel A.</span>
Manuel A.

Best cloud drive in the market

What do you like best?

The first great feature google drive has is that it provides 15GB freely which is more than enough for most users. Also with Drive there is no need to save documents, since the connection is frequently refreshed. Plus google drive works on almost every smartphone no matter of the operative system so switching from devices is really comfortable.

What do you dislike?

In some cases relying on an internet connection is a great limitation, so I would highly advice taking caution when in the need to submit clients documents in those scenarios. Also is a bit pricey when compared to other similar softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One thing I wouldn't recommend is saving security sensitive information such as bank information, since there is always the possibility that hacking occurs

In our business we use google drive while sharing information mostly when not in the office, since we don't need to rely on flash drives, so when in clients offices we just download our documents and submit them, it saves a lot of money in that regard.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Drive
Google Drive review by <span>Elizabeth P.</span>
Elizabeth P.

Collaboration Done Right

What do you like best?

I like that I can share links with team members, friends, and family. I like that my entire document file is stored in GDrive and "sync'ed" with my laptop hard drive. However, I can access 100% of my GDrive from any internet connection including my iphone, ipad, PC terminals using Chrome browser, etc.

What do you dislike?

The link addresses for folders and documents can be quite long and ugly in email. I find myself often "hyperlinking" text within an email, website, etc when referencing anything in my GDrive--I wish there was a goo.gle "bit.ly" style link shortening option available and custom URL options like goog.le/taxes - or something like that. And it seems like a small issue but in Google Spreadsheets I'm only able to insert a photo rather than copy/paste one in sometimes. I'm bummed I'll soon have to pay given my amount of data consumed. I'm also bummed that there is no easy encryption offering and there is not a good "Security reputation" for items saved and shared in GDrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collaboration, Records Keeping, and simple effective document management. Use Offline-mode so you won't be stuck presenting a Presentation without internet. You'll never look at collaboration the same again until you've co-built a Spreadsheet with someone remotely while over the phone (skype, facetime, etc). Screensharing is SO SLOW on slower connections, and leads to poor VOIP experiences. Skip screenshare all together and have others follow along with a link to your Google Drive item. Have clients/teammate, whomever, leave Comments on your documents to enhance the experience. Oh, and have you tried hyper-linking your Table of Contents in Google Documents yet? It's a perfectly implemented feature.

I'm solving every business and personal problem with Google Drive. What happens if my laptop is stolen? I use "FindmyIPhone" and I wipe it, update some passwords, and otherwise, business as usual as long as I have access to a Chrome Browser to navigate to drive.google.com! I'm self-employed with various clients (about 100) - so I use Google Drive for both purposes seamlessly. I collaborate with outsource team mates and virtual assistants, I save all records - it's great.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Google Drive review by <span>Melissa Z.</span>
Melissa Z.

What's Not to Love?

What do you like best?

Accessibility is by far the best feature of Google Drive. I house most of my documents on Drive for both my full-time day job and my small LLC. I can upload, store, organize, add, or edit documents from just about anywhere. I often just pull things up on my phone when I'm on the run and need to reference something. Usually this kind of accessibility means that security is lacking, but I've never lost a document or dealt with any kind of cybersecurity issue. Everything feels very safe housed on Drive.

What do you dislike?

If I'm somewhere that doesn't have a top-notch internet connection, it can take a minute or two for my documents to full load. This isn't a big issue but it does slow me down occasionally. If you're impatient, this may irk you.

I write and edit for a living, so I'm constantly sharing documents with my writing team, clients, colleagues, etc. Being able to have a single living version that's backed up online and easily accessed by all parties is a huge time-saver for me.

Google Drive review by <span>Erin C.</span>
Erin C.

Best Cloud Document Solution

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my documents from anywhere and no need for a VPN or to dial into a network. I also like that its easy to collaborate with team members since we're on a distributed team. I really like that you can make edits even after you've shared it with someone.

I also like that it seamlessly integrates with your desktop so that files can be synced from your desktop to your google drive. This saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

Viewing on mobile can be difficult. When people send me a doc type thats not supported it can be difficult to change that document into an editable document type. Sometime people don't use google docs and therefore don't know how to open docs shared with them. If multiple people are editing a doc it can be difficult to see who made the changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Google Drive because it makes everyones life more productive and it also makes any sort of remote work much easier. Collaboration is super easy and sharing documents that can be constantly updated and knowing everyone has the latest version is a huge plus. If you use gmail, its even easier to attach documents directly from your google drive.

Ability to collaborate with teams who are all over the world. One place to find all documents. Our processes are much more streamlined and its easy to find important documentation.

Google Drive review by <span>Osman Fikret C.</span>
Osman Fikret C.

This is one of the best cloud services in the world!

What do you like best?

Google Drive is fast & reliable cloud platform. Also, Google Drive's pricing is the one of the cheapest that I know. I am using Google Drive for very long time and I am a very happy customer to have it. I can reach all of my files from any device platform. Easily download and upload my files or manage them, also sharing them with someone. These are very good benefits.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Google Drive platform. I am suggesting it to everyone that someone needs cloud platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable platform and also you have a low budget then you need to give a try to Google Drive. You will not regret to use it. They support all devices and u can reach your files always.

I share my files with people that I need to share. Store my photos, files, media, and documents easily. I can reach my files from mobile and I don't need to download all of my files to the mobile. When I need a file it shows its thumbnail then if I click on it, downloads automatically. This feature uses data plan at minimum on the mobile phone.

Google Drive review by <span>Sandy L.</span>
Sandy L.

Anywhere, anytime I can access to my data

What do you like best?

I like the option save or print your file on google drive while using Google Chrome

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way files are being in sync

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nowadays the leader in the cloud in google, if you are looking for the security of data you have to choose Google Drive.

I use google drive to make a daily backup of the server for storing sensitive data. With Google drive, we are able to work on a file in real time and t.ogether. No headache for disk crash and losing data. While my boss is out of the country the information is available on time and no need to be connected to the data center.No worries for viruses, if a file affected it won't be uploaded to the Drive. Everything is secure and protected. No problem to share big data with anybody in the world. I have a colleague living in Canada and I work with him while I am working in my office in Chile, we work through a database for Quickbooks and it works fine. We just set up an email for that. Our life is much better and whatever the extension a file is we can share it with it and this is what we are facing every day, a different type of file to work on. I think for my little workspace I don't think I need a Nas or server to do the job while Google is the key answer to my problem.

Learning about Google Drive?

* We monitor all Google Drive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.