Google Drive

Drive: Store everything, share anything. Automatically sync files from Mac or PC to your personal drive in Google's cloud. Access files anywhere.

Work for Google Drive?

Learning about Google Drive?

Google Drive Reviews

Ask Google Drive a Question
Showing 2541 Google Drive reviews
Google Drive review by <span>Marissa F.</span>
Marissa F.

"Google Drive - Great for collaborative projects"

What do you like best?

Information is routinely saved online. It is accessible anywhere (as long as you have internet access). Multiple users can edit, comment, add, or review at one time. It is user friendly and easy to use without much education beforehand. Easy to create presentations, write documents, make slides, used sheets for data analysis, and track changes. Accessible on desktop, laptop, and mobile. Easy to share via email. Easy to download into PDFs or other versions of shareable media. Also eliminates the risk of losing files and email multiple versions to associated parties.

What do you dislike?

Logging in and organizing files and folders can be slightly confusing. The documents look the same (must be labeled) and are organized by last use, not by alphabet. Could be easier to navigate if there were a different organizational method. Could be easy to miss changes added by other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure users have access and are in the "edit" mode.

Collaborating on projects remotely is much more productive and effective because editors can access and contribute to it at any point. It is easy to download and save files to use in formal and informal settings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Drive
Google Drive review by <span>Marien M.</span>
Marien M.

"My disk of virtual storage in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Free application that I use to save any document in the cloud, besides allowing me to work in a team, since these documents or stored information can be viewed or edited by colleagues or friends allowed by me, I can select who can edit my files and who no, I store documents, videos, music regardless of their type or size since this does not have restrictions and I can access them from any computer and place so I always have my information available at hand when I need it and with a series of tools of editing that allow me to edit my files

What do you dislike?

The main one that has this storage in the cloud is the need to have internet connection, the speed of loading and unloading will depend on the internet connection that has

Recommendations to others considering the product

Application that allows the entire work team to access the files at any time without relying on a computer, since everything is in the cloud and you only need your gmail account.

Having a free storage without having to occupy spaces in the company's PC and accessing your files at any time and in any place is a great advantage for any company

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Google Drive review by <span>Miguel M.</span>
Miguel M.

"Drive is the best for education-work"

What do you like best?

I started to use this software when I was at college and it helped me through a lot of things like making suff with my teams at the same time editing .docs, .pptx, etc. in a few words almost all the office suite is included in there for you to share with your partners.

Another very useful tool that I continue to use at my workplace is the cloud storage that they give you for free so you can put all your files in there and also share them with the email addresses that you want.

I would totally recommend this amazing product to anybody that needs to get assignments done at college and at work some office related stuff if you don't have the office suite installed.

One last great feature is that if you delete things from your drive and also from the recycle bin, you can get them back if you contact support, all with complete privacy.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that you need to give permissions sometimes because the other person couldn't use or watch the thing you just shared with their email, never knew why but it happened sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's dropbox but the best for me is Drive to be honest.

I have solved some stuff for example if I don't have a flash drive with me at that time, I can put it on my drive and then download it on the other computer or smartphone that I need to use it but you need the app to use it at the smartphone.

Google Drive review by <span>Dave E.</span>
Dave E.

"Super Way to Share When Your Out of the Office"

What do you like best?

This is a great document sharing resource. Our industry includes techs that are involved in Multi Site Projects and Service. We use this software to share our schedules and service needs with techs that are always on the road. We also use it to turn in expenses and receipts when on the road.

What do you dislike?

I have had some trouble with the mobile app at times. I have entered in information on our schedule and when I went to the schedule later the information was not there. This has not happened often just a handful of times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you are going to use this as a way for techs to keep in touch make sure they are scheduled to do so at regular intervals. There is no point in sharing information if no one is checking. So it is good to make sure everyone can login and does login.

We have used this software to easily collaborate when on the road and to keep everyone on the same page.

Google Drive review by <span>Oscar Antonio R.</span>
Oscar Antonio R.

"It is an excellent, safe and reliable online file and data storage application."

What do you like best?

Well, Google Drive is a storage server of all types of files, photos, texts, music, movies and data online, it is very attractive and can be used for free and I can access it from my mobile device, tablet or computer, that is to say that I can upload my personal files to the cloud from any place that finds me sea in the house or in my place of work this seems very nice, I have a friendly interface for users we can organize our personal or business files in folders what allows us to have them identified and separated to be more effective and faster when looking for them in the cloud. In general it is a tool these days and it works as a virtual hard disk and you only need a good Internet connection and a Gmail account.

What do you dislike?

Against this tool there are no negative features since it is a very complete application, however because it is an application that is in the cloud our files can be exposed by a hacker and remove our files or install a virus, I I'm in the banking system I need a lot of security in my data and files that I upload to the cloud, this is why you always need an update of the security procedures in the passwords, another aspect that we must take into account is that if we do not have a Internet connection we can not access our files because they are in the cloud

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is highly recommended for many reasons, it is easy to access, you only need a Gmail account to access this virtual hard drive, on the other hand you do not need any installation to start using it, another benefit that Google Drive has is that it can be used in line this is very attractive for all users currently and because you are on the internet you can enter from anywhere you are with just your mobile, tablet or computer, additional part of this tool is free. In general it is a very useful and recommended server.

Through this cloud I can keep all my personal documents, for educational purposes, business, recreational and others, one of its great benefits is that with just a good internet connection and a device is mobile, tablet or computer I can see my files Wherever I am, this is a great advantage today as it works like a virtual hard drive. It is a very useful tool these days.

Google Drive review by <span>Kevin K.</span>
Kevin K.

"fundamental Google Collection - must need to know how to use"

What do you like best?

Without exaggeration, Google Drive should be the "it" product that everyone should know how to use or at least know about when using a computer. It is the hub for any google or other doc-related products and let the users aggregate and utilize this platform to organize all of their documents. You can store most of your documents online for free and also create and work on documents online if you want to. It truly feels like I can do everything via this platform for free compared to the costly MS Suite. I highly recommend everyone to learn how to use this platform as it will make your life so much easier with a wide range of functions it provides.

What do you dislike?

I really do endorse everything about Google Drive but sometimes I feel that they should improve the mobile app version of this. The mobile app version is still very easy to use but I feel that it's missing quite a bit of function compared to website version. Also, I do feel the interface is often neglected as it's difficult to find the correct functions that I want to use in both mobile and website platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know how to utilize this platform efficiently as it can get very messy if you don't organize all the documents on a regular basis!

Google Drive gives me a free storage space to organize all of my business or personal documents in this 1 platform. It is free and very easy to use.

Google Drive review by <span>Marco Marcello M.</span>
Marco Marcello M.

"It´s our official colaborative office suite, for a group of about 50 person"

What do you like best?

The colaboration features and the access to the files any where and in multiple devices is amaizing.

We have a distribuited work force in 15 locations, 7 cities and 3 countries and all the work products are actualizated, we can work simultanesusly.

We can´t imagine our work this days without Drive, we wonder every day, how we managed before it.

We use a lot the comments feature, with the capabilities to assign task to people, it is a very good help.

What do you dislike?

The features of each application is not reach enough (but it improves constantly). Navigting in a spreadsheet and numerating paragrafs in a document are the most anoing things.

We use Team folders (I don´t know the accureted neme in english, in spanish they are called "Unidades de Equipo") and the control access features are limitated, we miss the posibility to have a file in more than one folder.

The backup features should be richer, we (and our certificators) are aware for data missing if Google decides to close or limitate the service.

We have ideas to improve the usability, maybe good things to us it in several industries, for example:

Improve the "Historial de cambios" now it is baased in a time line manner, shoud be in a part of the document manner an also in a collaborator manner, all of this with reporting capabilities.

Also in the comments, resolutions and task assignments feature, soud be good to have the posibilities to hide the comments to certain users, for example to blind review the same document in order to conduct a proper inspection...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, it´s amazing.

We use it for everything.

Software development: Requirements engeneering, inspections, knowledge base in our enterprise,

Quality Assurance: politics, standards and quality assurance techniques.

Accounting and finance.

File sharing with our clients, supliers and colaborators (consultants, students, ...).

Google Drive review by <span>Farid S.</span>
Farid S.

"Google Drive is a great tool for sharing files across multiple teams"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily upload files, share them, edit them simultaneously with other people, and access them.

What do you dislike?

I'm not particularly a fan of moving files across folders, it's a very annoying process. In addition, sharing files with non-Google users, is a bit of a hassle when they aren't tech savvy but I suppose that's the same with any other network, I just wished it was easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the platform but ensure the users you are working with understand how to use it as it does become a bit of a hassle when they're unaware of how to use it.

Also, one must keep in mind the amount of storage use to be required within the organization. Going with a lower tier of G-Suite can result in higher expenses down the road. Currently, the free version just doesn't offer enough free storage in comparison with most other free platforms. Google used to be a pioneer of offering massive amounts of storage but companies like dropbox or box sometimes offer more storage than Drive; unfortunately, drive is connected to the same storage as Gmail so one can quickly rack up teh storage amount and then feel forced to pay the higher fees that Google demands for storage, and even those storage amounts seem rather low.

Being able to share files with different people in different teams and geographical locations but most importantly being able to edit files together. Other storage platforms offer storage but do not offer the editing tools that Google offers.

Google Drive review by <span>Laura G.</span>
Laura G.

"Information at hand"

What do you like best?

Excellent application, I can access all my files anywhere I am from Pc's, Mobile, Laptop, Table and with any operating system and browser, since this program can be used by all. I can also share work files to be reviewed and corrected by others in real time. I can have useful documentation to use at any time I have it. The whole family can use the information, since it can allow access to the files through permissions, such as: reading, writing.

At the business level it would be very useful, since you could work projects at distances and keep all your members informed. These could coregir and contribute ideas with files of shared texts and thus not have to carry documents over from one place to another.

What do you dislike?

You can not have the google directory for multiple users on a single computer. You must have internet service with a lot of speed to exchange information instantly. Your document viewer does not maintain the format of similar schedules.

I have been able to have important documents that I do not have in physical to carry out any procedure, be it financial or administrative.

Google Drive review by <span>Manuel A.</span>
Manuel A.

"Best cloud drive in the market"

What do you like best?

The first great feature google drive has is that it provides 15GB freely which is more than enough for most users. Also with Drive there is no need to save documents, since the connection is frequently refreshed. Plus google drive works on almost every smartphone no matter of the operative system so switching from devices is really comfortable.

What do you dislike?

In some cases relying on an internet connection is a great limitation, so I would highly advice taking caution when in the need to submit clients documents in those scenarios. Also is a bit pricey when compared to other similar softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One thing I wouldn't recommend is saving security sensitive information such as bank information, since there is always the possibility that hacking occurs

In our business we use google drive while sharing information mostly when not in the office, since we don't need to rely on flash drives, so when in clients offices we just download our documents and submit them, it saves a lot of money in that regard.

Google Drive review by <span>Ishan P.</span>
Ishan P.

"Google Drive | File Storage & Sharing"

What do you like best?

We can carry digital documents and access it anywhere using Google Drive. The syncing app in Android and desktop is very useful. As we can even have offline access to any file whenever we want while travelling where we might not have good internet access.

What do you dislike?

Making groups and then sharing files with those group of people feature is not present. Else, everything else is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. Use it with your team. It provides even 15 GB free

Being able to edit files together in live mode along with the team is just excellent productivity hack that is provided by Google Drive. Following shared files feature is awesome, as it sends us notifications when the file is updated by any other member. Also, as it is Google, it is fully safe from hackers and thus no internal data is compromised to people outside the organization.

Google Drive review by <span>Titouan G.</span>
Titouan G.

"Sharing your files without any extra cost"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is a service from Google company wich allows us to store files on an other place than on our hardware. As we don't need a minimum configuration to use this service, it is very easy to use it. To drop a file, jsut click on it and release in the Google Drive window. This service is free at the beginning, when you have less than 15GB to put on your Drive. Flexibility and diversity of uses are the main qualities of this service from Google. It is free, in a major times of use. You also may use this services to create online presentation and share it. It is a very good aspect. You will not have any problem of compatibility to do presentations without the software that you used to do it such as Microsoft Office products (.ppt .docx and so on files).

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as good as the web version and not so useful. Personnaly, I don't need to manage my online files from my mobile and it is not possible to edit one if you did it with an other software. I am not really disapointed because the use of this service is free, while you have an active Google account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommand to change the mobile app to be able to edit a major part of the files.

The possibility to share and follow the files shared is awesome.

Google Drive review by <span>Elizabeth P.</span>
Elizabeth P.

"Collaboration Done Right"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share links with team members, friends, and family. I like that my entire document file is stored in GDrive and "sync'ed" with my laptop hard drive. However, I can access 100% of my GDrive from any internet connection including my iphone, ipad, PC terminals using Chrome browser, etc.

What do you dislike?

The link addresses for folders and documents can be quite long and ugly in email. I find myself often "hyperlinking" text within an email, website, etc when referencing anything in my GDrive--I wish there was a goo.gle "bit.ly" style link shortening option available and custom URL options like goog.le/taxes - or something like that. And it seems like a small issue but in Google Spreadsheets I'm only able to insert a photo rather than copy/paste one in sometimes. I'm bummed I'll soon have to pay given my amount of data consumed. I'm also bummed that there is no easy encryption offering and there is not a good "Security reputation" for items saved and shared in GDrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collaboration, Records Keeping, and simple effective document management. Use Offline-mode so you won't be stuck presenting a Presentation without internet. You'll never look at collaboration the same again until you've co-built a Spreadsheet with someone remotely while over the phone (skype, facetime, etc). Screensharing is SO SLOW on slower connections, and leads to poor VOIP experiences. Skip screenshare all together and have others follow along with a link to your Google Drive item. Have clients/teammate, whomever, leave Comments on your documents to enhance the experience. Oh, and have you tried hyper-linking your Table of Contents in Google Documents yet? It's a perfectly implemented feature.

I'm solving every business and personal problem with Google Drive. What happens if my laptop is stolen? I use "FindmyIPhone" and I wipe it, update some passwords, and otherwise, business as usual as long as I have access to a Chrome Browser to navigate to drive.google.com! I'm self-employed with various clients (about 100) - so I use Google Drive for both purposes seamlessly. I collaborate with outsource team mates and virtual assistants, I save all records - it's great.

Google Drive review by <span>Melissa Z.</span>
Melissa Z.

"What's Not to Love? "

What do you like best?

Accessibility is by far the best feature of Google Drive. I house most of my documents on Drive for both my full-time day job and my small LLC. I can upload, store, organize, add, or edit documents from just about anywhere. I often just pull things up on my phone when I'm on the run and need to reference something. Usually this kind of accessibility means that security is lacking, but I've never lost a document or dealt with any kind of cybersecurity issue. Everything feels very safe housed on Drive.

What do you dislike?

If I'm somewhere that doesn't have a top-notch internet connection, it can take a minute or two for my documents to full load. This isn't a big issue but it does slow me down occasionally. If you're impatient, this may irk you.

I write and edit for a living, so I'm constantly sharing documents with my writing team, clients, colleagues, etc. Being able to have a single living version that's backed up online and easily accessed by all parties is a huge time-saver for me.

Google Drive review by <span>Erin C.</span>
Erin C.

"Best Cloud Document Solution"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my documents from anywhere and no need for a VPN or to dial into a network. I also like that its easy to collaborate with team members since we're on a distributed team. I really like that you can make edits even after you've shared it with someone.

I also like that it seamlessly integrates with your desktop so that files can be synced from your desktop to your google drive. This saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

Viewing on mobile can be difficult. When people send me a doc type thats not supported it can be difficult to change that document into an editable document type. Sometime people don't use google docs and therefore don't know how to open docs shared with them. If multiple people are editing a doc it can be difficult to see who made the changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Google Drive because it makes everyones life more productive and it also makes any sort of remote work much easier. Collaboration is super easy and sharing documents that can be constantly updated and knowing everyone has the latest version is a huge plus. If you use gmail, its even easier to attach documents directly from your google drive.

Ability to collaborate with teams who are all over the world. One place to find all documents. Our processes are much more streamlined and its easy to find important documentation.

Google Drive review by <span>Osman Fikret C.</span>
Osman Fikret C.

"This is one of the best cloud services in the world!"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is fast & reliable cloud platform. Also, Google Drive's pricing is the one of the cheapest that I know. I am using Google Drive for very long time and I am a very happy customer to have it. I can reach all of my files from any device platform. Easily download and upload my files or manage them, also sharing them with someone. These are very good benefits.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Google Drive platform. I am suggesting it to everyone that someone needs cloud platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable platform and also you have a low budget then you need to give a try to Google Drive. You will not regret to use it. They support all devices and u can reach your files always.

I share my files with people that I need to share. Store my photos, files, media, and documents easily. I can reach my files from mobile and I don't need to download all of my files to the mobile. When I need a file it shows its thumbnail then if I click on it, downloads automatically. This feature uses data plan at minimum on the mobile phone.

Google Drive review by <span>Sandy L.</span>
Sandy L.

"Anywhere, anytime I can access to my data"

What do you like best?

I like the option save or print your file on google drive while using Google Chrome

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way files are being in sync

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nowadays the leader in the cloud in google, if you are looking for the security of data you have to choose Google Drive.

I use google drive to make a daily backup of the server for storing sensitive data. With Google drive, we are able to work on a file in real time and t.ogether. No headache for disk crash and losing data. While my boss is out of the country the information is available on time and no need to be connected to the data center.No worries for viruses, if a file affected it won't be uploaded to the Drive. Everything is secure and protected. No problem to share big data with anybody in the world. I have a colleague living in Canada and I work with him while I am working in my office in Chile, we work through a database for Quickbooks and it works fine. We just set up an email for that. Our life is much better and whatever the extension a file is we can share it with it and this is what we are facing every day, a different type of file to work on. I think for my little workspace I don't think I need a Nas or server to do the job while Google is the key answer to my problem.

Google Drive review by <span>Shaun E.</span>
Shaun E.

"Google Drive - Better Than One Drive"

What do you like best?

Google Drive, not only do you get unlimited storage (enterprise account) but Google Drive links in with all the other Google products. Not only is it easy to store, Microsoft Word and Excel documents (to name a few) on Google Drive, but you can also open them from Google Drive directly. There is no need to be switching between multiple pieces of software, everything works from one place! You also have the ability to convert some of the popular Microsoft formats so they can be used in Sheets, Docs ect. This allows sharing and multiple collaborations. Another very useful feature from a business perspective is the fact you can share folders, this means all the documents with this folder can also be viewed by the selected users. This saves masses of time over sharing each document individually! Google Drive, like many other Google products can be accessed from either Google Chrome or an app on multiple devices! This means stored data can be downloaded, if necessary while away from the computer! Not to mention you have a backup if all your physical documents were to be erased! finally, the ability to star documents makes it easy to view those documents required for everyday use.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally experience a glitch where I cannot move documents to a folder first time (by dragging and dropping), but this does not really affect productivity as it tends to work second time round.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Migrate all Microsoft documents into Google Drive!

Sharing folders from Google Drive is a must! This means Sales teams, Management ect can share all relevant documents from one place!

Google Drive review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"I use Google Drive almost everyday and it makes my job significantly easier!"

What do you like best?

The sharing features of Google Drive are amongst the most beneficial. The program that I work for is a remote organization and most of my colleagues work in different sites across the Los Angeles area. It is immensely helpful to be able to share documents with them and work on them simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

I have experienced some glitches with the mobile version of Google Drive. Other than that I have no complaints about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you require or strongly encourage all employees to use Google Drive. The product becomes exponentially beneficial when everyone is on board. If some people are using Dropbox or other similar products, the features lose their value.

By using Google Drive, my program is able to make a large organization with members spread across the region feel small and connected. Additionally, from an individual standpoint it is incredibly useful to be able to start a document or slideshow from my work computer and continue it while working at home or offsite the next day.

Google Drive review by <span>Tom C.</span>
Tom C.

"Review of Google Drive"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is perfect for backing up the photos and videos that I capture on my cell phone. There are other features for document sharing and storage that are useful, but the overall backup of content on my cell phone is the best feature personally. Having lost cell phones in the past, and therefore losing all content on them, the ability of Google Drive to take this worry away is great. I also like how Google Drive allows me to share content with others directly through Google. Rather than having to create new emails or post on different media outlets, I can share content easily in the same platform.

What do you dislike?

The one issue I've had with Google Drive that frustrated me was switching to a new device. When I purchased and activated my new device, there were immediately issues with uploading and ensuring my content was uploaded. I had to adjust my settings, then uninstall and install Google Drive again to get it working properly. I also think that it is not easy to interact and share content with people who do not actively use Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free so try it out and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Google Drive frees up storage space and backs up your content easily.

I've solved my file management and backup issues prior to being able to store things in the cloud. I have also had less issues with reaching my storage capacity on my devices and computer because large files are now stored in the cloud. This has led to speed increases on my devices and therefore more efficient use. Faster devices creates more output and general enjoyment while operating a device.

Google Drive review by <span>Sohayla R.</span>
Sohayla R.

"Online storage and workspace"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is FANTASTIC for content storage and sharing. This Google function has made my life immensely easy as I can upload any document I want for remote use. I can easily access my files anywhere. Likewise, this space allows users to organize content as they like. I can create folders if I prefer or leave documents independent. Any of these can be shared with any person or group. I like the function that allows the user to select if others can edit or view the content, which is reassuring so that content cannot be changed unless a user specifically wants changes to be made. Finally, the search function via the "files shared with me" are great. I often have a lot of content with other users as the content originators. This allows me to easily navigate and use files made by others which I may not otherwise readily save.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed that this platform uses a lot of data and energy when accessed via the mobile app. It can be draining to the cell phone. This can take away from the drive's strength in allowing users to access content remotely and at any point they require. Likewise, I have had some difficulty making edits to my documents on the mobile app and additional plugins are required for the drive to function.

The drive allows for the sharing of very large data with other users. Likewise with the editing function allowed, others can upload their content as well. This allows for large group collaboration. Above all, it allows for old data to be left online, thus helping new teams look back at content for their work in the future.

Google Drive review by <span>Isabel H.</span>
Isabel H.

"La opción perfecta para almacenamiento extra"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta que permite compartir archivos de una manera muy sencilla, permitiendo mantener todo organizado en carpetas. Solo necesitas tener internet para acceder a tus archivos, que por su peso no puedes mantener en el correo, lo que facilita mucho cuando tienes reuniones fuera de la ciudad, evitando el uso de disco duros externos, por ejemplo. Además, permite que tengas el control de quien ve o no determinada información, eso me gusta.

What do you dislike?

Lo que mas me ha disgustado de Google Drive es su velocidad para subir y descargar información. Del resto me siento muy satisfecha con las bondades que brinda.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo ampliamente el uso de google drive para grupos pequeños. Es muy sencillo de utilizar. Almacena información de gran tamaño, al alcance de todas las personas que tu requieras y con solo disponer de acceso a internet.

Fue muy útil para intercambiar información con un equipo de trabajo que se encontraba en otra región del país y se nos dificultaba hacer reuniones constantes. Decidimos que la mejor manera de compartir los avances en el trabajo era a través de Google Drive, obteniendo los resultados esperados y optimizando los recursos.

Google Drive review by <span>Frederick K.</span>
Frederick K.

"Accessible anywhere is key featurenecdte d"

What do you like best?

As the title says, I like being able to never stress over files I deleted or sent an email and forgot to attach the file because I know my docs are always there and I can quickly pull up anything a customer asks about. I'm always prepared. Like a boy scout.

What do you dislike?

Limited space and picture files save at a reduced size in Google Photos, so I have to save in my Drive if I need high quality copies, but this fills up the space making this a supplement to my image cloud provider. I would use Google, but it's just not an option for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it because it's free. If you have a Gmail account, you already have a drive. Set it up so you can share files with other Gmail users because Gmail is the universal email

Efficient answers to client inquiries... Samples that are relavant to whatever needs arise. Makes our company look good when we don't have to say, "I'll have to get back to you." Customer service and client retention are the business problems we're solving by using Google Drive.

Google Drive review by <span>raquel m.</span>
raquel m.

"excellent storage program"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is an application that allows us to store a large number of documents, the best part of which is that it is a program that we use not only for our companies, but also for our daily use, since the application can also be managed. using your smart device helping the storage capacity of the smartphone or computer, facilitating the use and sharing of not only images but also videos and files. I like to see the resemblance to an emergency box because having the information backed here you can be sure that whatever happens you will have this little tool to save your life ...

What do you dislike?

With this program can present certain complications which can make you doubt a bit of your service, however the benefits are greater when taking it compared to I must say in principle that I do not like that the program works exclusively with the internet thus limiting our information unique and exclusive for the moment of connection, if the document to work has several editors it can be eliminated by one of them and finally is that other people can see the images created by you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

download it in any device that can because it will make life easier

In this technological age, communication via satellite or telephone is part of everyday life. This is why the use of this tool facilitates these communications since it allows you to share, edit and present an idea or a document in real time. or image from anywhere in the world.

Google Drive review by <span>Dan O.</span>
Dan O.

"Easy & Reliable, But Painful for Sharing outside of your Organisation"

What do you like best?

It’s a free, or cheap (depending on storage requirements) way in which to store and retrieve data over a long period of time.

The UX is intuitive: it’s easy to upload files, move around files as well as download them. In terms of sharing, possible to share with a restricted list of email addresses or with a shareable link.

When sending large files over Google Mail you’re prompted to use Google Drive instead, it’s a better alternative than providing no solution at all.

Subscription to Google Drive is possible on an annual or monthly basis.

What do you dislike?

On a subscription to Google Mail you are provided with additional storage space, which I like.

However, if you’re using an organisational email the sharing functionality with a link is limited to sharing with just your organisation, which if you’re a contractor working for other firms is a bit annoying. It means that you have to add each email address that you wish to share with the organisation manually, the email addresses that the organisations have to access Google functions are not always predictable.

It’s not possible to download directly from an FTP or S3 bucket directly from the interface to transfer into your Google drive.

It is not possible to use an organisational account to expand a free accounts Google Drive storage, they’re treated separately.

Whilst Google provides an easy to use drive facility, if you’re in an organisation that doesn’t make use of a Google technology stack, you might be better off with Microsoft One Drive, Dropbox or Amazon’s Elastic File Storage.

Google Drive review by <span>Ayush M.</span>
Ayush M.

"Collaborating and communication Tools"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, Google drive is best for sharing documents to the organization. It also integrate the google docs where every team members work at the same time in the single document. This is one of the best features in the google docs. Apart from that Google Drive has 15GB storage which is enough for the documents. They also have the Google photos option which are sync on your mobile phone. They can upload your photos as a backup on the Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like, there is no security option over there. I hope, In future they will implement like encryption in the documents. For now, I don't like security even they also provided two factor authentication but this is not enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google drive is good for the client prospective. If you have a project and you want to share the information and documentary of the project, then the google drive is the best option for that. And One more thing I would suggest, I am using google drive to backup of my Mobile phone photo. Google Drive attached with the Google photos, sometimes I deleted the photo from the phone but it has the backup in the google drive.

I can easily communicate with the client using Google Docs and Google Drive. I shared the projects documents through Google Drive to the client. Sometimes client is using other drives but I suggest that to use Google Drive for better documentation.

Google Drive review by <span>Douglas C.</span>
Douglas C.

"Hard to believe it is free"

What do you like best?

There is much to like and very little to dislike. Drive comes with an incredible amount of free storage and is easy to organize your documents as well as share them for collaboration (including live collaboration). You can import local documents into Drive and Drive will read them and let you view/edit them, including from Microsoft Office products.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much to dislike, and my only frustrations have been with the Android apps - it is often hard to view/edit the Sheets on an Android device.

I use my Google Drive for a variety of tasks. I keep my personal monthly budget on Drive, and I collaborate with others on draft documents. I will use the built-in Sheets and Docs for a variety of reasons, especially on my phone - working on drafts being a big one. Some are months or years old now, but being able to keep them in storage and accessible so that when I have the urge to view or update or edit one, I can do it nearly immediately.

Google Drive review by <span>Johnpaul S.</span>
Johnpaul S.

"The best cloud option on the market"

What do you like best?

With large amounts of space at a minimal cost and wide range of compatibility amongst the various products I own what is there not to love. I have used three different cloud services for my photography studio and within a month I narrowed it down to Google Drive. Why? The cost to data size ratio is amazing, unlike Dropbox the customer service is accessible, many users already have a gmail address and it makes it easier for them to sync files to there computer.

What do you dislike?

I wish the I could see the names of the people whom I shared the folder/files without going into each individual folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait make the jump already.

I store all my clients photos on both Google drive as well as a physical hard drive. The cloud based backup gives me piece of mind that if my hard drive should fail I have a backup.

Google Drive review by <span>Vittorio C.</span>
Vittorio C.

"You can't just pass up 15Gb of online storage for free!!"

What do you like best?

15Gb of free storage for files etc. is great! the google interface as always is notoriously easy to learn and use. The integration that Google allows for access to your files on multiple kinds of devices and services is exactly what you'd expect from a software from Google.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that you can knock when it comes to Google Drive. A whole lot of companies and services, devices and hardware all allow you to reach your drive location when appropriate. Its really a great service at the free level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think google allows up more storage depending on how many other users you get to join. I may be mistaken by this, some of the cloud storage providers do this.

Access anywhere due to cloud architecture is great for some of my files. I have a NAS setup at home, but having some of my items hosted on a few different access points allows me to have yet another level of redundancy for backup.

Google Drive review by <span>Allison T.</span>
Allison T.

"Google drive is the best backup service right now!"

What do you like best?

I use google drive for both personal backup and business. So I can say I like it and the part I like the most is the reliability of the applications the desktop app and the mobile apps on both iOS and Android. Being google and this being a core app you expect this and they deliver. I know when I dump a file into my synced folder that it will be synced with no issue.

What do you dislike?

On Windows 10 to get to the admin you have to right click on the taskbar icon then click the 3 dots to get to the menu. With notifications in Windows 10, the menu can sometimes be hard to get to. The setting menu needs to be easier to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a cost-effective and easy to use backup and file storage that has an easy and affordable upgrade path. Google Drive is the service for you!

At work, I use it to work on files at home as if we were on a shared VPN. My clients, I have set up to use it like it for the cost and the ability to back up pictures easy or even personal files that need to be backed up for others to access. Throw in the cost for 100gb or 1Tb is very reasonable.

Google Drive review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"Don't let "Google Drive" you nuts!"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is highly reliable as a cloud-based server. I find it easy to access and share project files with others in a mostly organized way. One of the perks is Google Drive's handling of permissions which runs the full gamut of who can see, view, and edit files.

In addition to sharing project files, I find it essential for multiple and on the go access to my files— for printing, presentions, and other needs. Particularly helpful when traveling and I only have access to a mobile phone or Ipad. Drive is solidly compatible with these devices. And compatible with most software, however, Google often wants to inseert Google friendly apps and software to handle particular file types. It's something I do not like.

I frequently use Drive to temporary end of day work back-up — or if I'm working on something complicated and involved I'll create temporary back-ups, the extra backup off-site provides me with additional piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

User experience

I feel the interface could be more visually intuitive, One issue I often run into is finding I need to backtrack to confirm I've arrived at the correct task or file version and not one that exists with similar visual weight. It seems this is something easily addressed with a user-friendly visual hierarchy.

An issue that stands out concerns notification and file permissions granting for sharing with others. Several approaches are available to provide access to files and folders. This includes a public link that can be copied and shared, the other is a link specific to the recipient. These generate emails with links and invite to share.

I've experienced problems with both more than a few times. Often team members report finding it confusing. The problem is with links not working making it unable to grant access and is resolved after a couple of "back and forth" volleys.

Copying Files

Drive transfers are much slower than what is expected. Something to consider when copying large files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out BaseCamp for project content management sharing files and tasks with the team - since it's been redesigned the interface presents a much more rich and intuitive user experience and BaseCamp's focus centers around communication, and the very important, old CYA work rule!

Drive benefits for me start with easily providing file access to select team members and organizing project files are key features I use often. I also like the idea of throwing files on to the drive that I can access from anyplace and on any device.

Google Drive review by <span>Damian K.</span>
Damian K.

"SO you're trying to replace Dropbox, eh? Good for you!"

What do you like best?

I love that you have Google Drive if you have a GMail account. That is HANDY. I like that google is leveraging its enormous server-sides strengths to make a dropbox competitor that is really very, very good.

What do you dislike?

It may seem like whining, I admit, but since I already pay for dropbox, I'd really like WAY WAY WAY more storage for WAY WAY LESS from Google. I know it may be a little irrational, but i'd like, say, 50 TB of space for like $5 a year.

OH, I dislike Google Drive's backup option. It' muddies the metaphor, i think.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you essentially get what you pay for. Creating easily shareable public links of anything in your drive is very easy. That's a big plus. Also, you can set it up like dropbox; constantly monitoring your local drive folder for changes and uploading it. You can sync only certain files and folders. Very handy. You can also set it up as a sort of cloud based, but attached drive to store files in the cloud and NOT locally, which I find very handy.

I've also tried the backup service.

HATED it. Beware of it. It kind of muddies the metaphor; in your drive you'll see a lot of debris and nonsense sounding sync-files that kind of, well, look and feel bad. Just watch out.

Hosting large files is really easy with Google Drive. Making and keeping Google Docs is just as easy. You don't have to worry about losing them either. Drive keeps everything until you tell it to git.

Google Drive review by <span>Aaron S.</span>
Aaron S.

"Great collaboration suite"

What do you like best?

Drive is now becoming ubiquitous and the standard. So easy to use and share information. Great for sharing not only source files, but documents as well that can be edited, changes tracked, multiple versions, advanced sharing features, etc. Link sharing is the best feature. Support is mostly chat based, but resolved issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to get used to how docs works, and how sharing works, esp. in an organization. Some features are slot to come. Support is non-existent (besides forums) if you are not using the apps suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using google drive for organizations. Many controls to ensure sharing and confidential information stays that way. Can use vault to keep files as needed for retention policy. Storage is shared among other google services. Can use the new team drives feature as well, which is great. When a user leaves the org can transfer ownership of files so nothing is lost!

Sharing large files and version control among many people across the country or world.

Google Drive review by <span>Kelsey A.</span>
Kelsey A.

"Great Tool for Office Use"

What do you like best?

This program makes it incredibly easy to share and collaborate on documents within offices. We work with employees who cannot use flash drives, and this provides a way for us to share documents with them so they can see, edit, and collaborate with us on the projects without having to burn everything to a disc.

What do you dislike?

Overall I do not dislike anything. I think the program offers a lot of options to everyone using the it. I think it would be helpful to allow more storage space for individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is amazing and I would highly recommend it to students, organizations, and companies to use for office collaboration.

Google Drive allows documents to be shared with many individuals through an office environment. This makes it easy to collaborate on assignments, tasks, or projects without having to send the other people updated versions of the document because it updates as you work on it on Google Drive.

Google Drive review by <span>Marissa K.</span>
Marissa K.

"Best product I could recommend"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is my go-to site for holding all the information I need access to -- both on a regular basis and for saved files. I like that it is constantly updated and backed up so I don't have to worry about actually backing up my computer. There is more space than I could ever actually use, and it's really convenient for sharing files, making folders/subfolders, etc

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike. Maybe an easier way to edit documents in the Google Drive app

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great but maybe not as professional and secure as some other options used for document storing.

At work, we use Google Drive to update our schedules since it's a document everyone can have access to, and it is updating instantly, all the time. It is also nice that people can update it at the same time, and we don't have to worry about version control.

Google Drive review by <span>Jaime C.</span>
Jaime C.

"Great way to store and share files!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ease of moving data in and out of the application. The fact that you can not only sync and access files from multiple devices (like my computer's desktop!), as well as uploading individual files, or just creating new content, is fantastic. The files are easy to share between accounts, making collaborating a breeze. It's great to be able to access my Drive so many ways, too - through web, device, or as a synced folder on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for how Google Photos integrates with Google Drive. The folder on my computer is clunky feeling, and feels mismatched with the rest of the features the program has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A gmail account isn't required to use Google Drive. A Google account can be created for virtually any email address.

Google Drive gives me an easy way to share files with my clients, and organize my own data. Being easy to use keep everyone happy as we troubleshoot and collaborate, and lets us focus on the issue at hand.

Google Drive review by <span>Erica R.</span>
Erica R.

"Great Tool For Keeping Small Business Organized"

What do you like best?

I love the array of different tools Google Drive provides for FREE plus their ease of use, functionality, sharability and security. Google really changed the game with Google Drive - my company uses this from billing processes/reconciliations to documentation and everything in between.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I've had in the past is that Google Drive does have some security limitations. You can grant access to edit by cell only by row/column and overall its a little weary to store sensitive information on a cloud serving platform like this. However, for everything else it works wonders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google Drive for your business as a way to share deliverables with clients, internally and allow edits to be made from both parties. Additionally its a great place to use as a company knowledgebase and keep track of processes and reports.

We are using Google Drive to share notes both internally and externally after meetings, create client facing interactive workbooks that can be updated in real-time to give the client real-time information about their campaigns (in a marketing sense), to keep record of internal process, and reconcile accounts.

Google Drive review by <span>Kenzie C.</span>
Kenzie C.

"Love google drive "

What do you like best?

Great online storage and back up services. Overall performance and upload speed is excellent. Can access anywhere -- even on mobile. 2 step verification is great. Uploading files is fairly easy. A hacker cannot get into your files, even with a password. Upload speed is better than download speed. For right around few cents you can get 100GB of storage. Easily transfer, move, and share files. Easy to use for collaboration and working on the same files. From the free version all the way up to business versions, I've used them all and love it. The best part of sharing collaborative documents is that it time stamps every change and edit.

What do you dislike?

File security is a minor concern. Download speed is a bit slower...I give that a B.

There are some learning curves. A few basic features are missing in each of the products that are found in comparable products, and embedding media could always be easier. The interface is a little clunky at times. This is true of most Google applications but once you've used one or two, you quickly learn to navigate the applications.

My only complaint is that the data storage above 15GB costs high. But the cost of storing 1TB of data per year is approximately the cost of a portable USB storage device with the same memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using google drive

Syncing everyones files, keeping track of everyone maintaining them.

Google Drive review by <span>Fernando Héctor M.</span>
Fernando Héctor M.

"When the cloud actually can bring you to the sky"

What do you like best?

There is a nice amount of space available without cost, being able to upload folders without needing to compress in advance, the sharing options are extremely useful and the integration with other Google tools.

Something I should add is that it has integration with other add-ons, however I have never felt the need to use the,.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I wish there were available, like being able to extract .zip files instead of just checking the file or as a folder download option and some options which are becoming common are still not compatible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Drive is a surprisingly complete service that has became a vital part of my workflow, and if you are looking for something that allows not only to host files but also read or even edit, I simply can't recommend something else from this.

I have been using Google Drive as a way to host and share files online, and thanks to the integration of other tools from the company, I have been able to also open and edit the uploaded files online which allows for flexibility when it comes to working anywhere.

Google Drive review by <span>Michael G.</span>
Michael G.

"Quick and Easy access to files on any device; plus great for backups!"

What do you like best?

I like two things about Google Drive.

The first is the ease of being able to access my documents from my desktop, laptop or cell phone and can make changes or updates that are saved back to the Google Drive cloud.

The second is the ability to automatically sync files to the Google Drive cloud to keep backups of important items. I do this with some client-related folders just to have a backup.

What do you dislike?

I do not find there is anything I dislike about Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google drive allows you to easily sync your documents in specific folders on a device, and then when these are edited in the cloud, the original is then updated. The process works the same way when you update the file on your device - it syncs to the cloud.

I am able to quickly access client files no matter what device I am working on. This improves efficiency for me, and solves the issue of need a thumb drive with files on it. Everything is stored in the Google Drive cloud. Also, the folder on my Desktop computer is updated with the files after they have been synced too.

Google Drive review by <span>Sarah K.</span>
Sarah K.

"I love google drive"

What do you like best?

It's free. It has a ton of storage. I can access my documents, spreadsheets, and presentations wherever I am; on the go, when I am without my company network connection, etc. and most of all it provides me with a chain or edits! I cannot tell you enough how much I hate ms word and excel because of that. If I need to go back and see what changes I or another colleague have made I can and I can revert if there was a mistake to the document or for whatever reason really. This has really come in handy.

What do you dislike?

I get a little scared sometimes about it's security and how accessible some of my documents might be to hackers. It's just not as secure as my company network so I try to limit what kinds of documents I add to my drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it and use it for most of my business document sharing and creating needs.

I create, presentations (love their templates), spreadsheets and documents in drive. I love being able to share work with my colleagues to allow them to edit and contribute to documents. I also use drive within larger organizations as anonymous contributors/viewers. It's great all around.

Google Drive review by <span>Jennah T.</span>
Jennah T.

"A great online tool"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about google drives is that no matter what computer you are on, you can access all your documents!

What do you dislike?

One thing that I wish was a little better was when you download the documents as a word document the format ends up being a little bit different so you have to go through and make corrections to ensure that it is the correct format. For example, when I have headers they end up being way to close to the top of the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It gives you access to your documents from any device. Even your phone! You get everything you would get if you were to buy Microsoft but at no expense.

Google drive allows me to work from multiple computers without having to continue emailing them to myself or using a flash drive. I am able to work on papers at home or school or work without worrying about all of that.

Google Drive review by <span>Jenny J.</span>
Jenny J.

"Google Drive: A File Sharing Option"

What do you like best?

Google drive allows instant access to documents between multiple partners, has features to create your own forms and surveys and it provides opportunities for teams to work together on documents while also allowing for the creator to determine levels of accessibility.

What do you dislike?

Google drive does not easily allow for multiple versions of a document--because you can make changes in realtime you may not be able to go back to other versions to look at changes. It can also be clunky to download and reload documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Google product, most people are familiar with Google and feel comfortable working in it. Even for those individuals who may not be as technologically advanced, Google drive is simple and easy. I've used it a lot with volunteers on projects and activities

Team projects and documents; editting and writing with others; sharing information easily across remote workers. All and all Google drive provides not only a place to share information across geographically dispersed team members but also provides file sharing. Furthermore, Google drive is an easy free platform to create forms and documents to add to websites for use.

Google Drive review by <span>Melanie V.</span>
Melanie V.

"Nonprofit Hero!! "

What do you like best?

With what seems like unlimited space to store, Google Drive allows our small nonprofit staff to share and manage documents. We also have the capability to upload and create URL's for documents that need to be downloaded by our nonprofit partners.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything that I have found I dislike with Google Drive, however I am often tripped up on the privacy settings with documents, which then creates a hold up when others outside of my network cannot access the document. Perhaps making it more obvious would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great, free resource for document sharing, team editing, form/data collection and much more. Like a mentioned before, a nonprofit hero!

Documents we can share internally and externally to our organization. Gathering data from volunteers and our partner organizations is easy. Uploading documents that get a URL assigned and we then add to our CMS is a breeze!

Google Drive review by <span>Maggie S.</span>
Maggie S.

"All Around Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is one of my favorite tools, both for work and for personal use. This is because Drive allows the user to store files online and access them any time. My favorite feature of Google Drive is that when I open to the webpage, I can scroll through all of my folders, documents, sheets, and other files. Or I can search the files to find something specific. Everything is very easily accessible and I can count on it being there since Drive saves to the user's account, rather than the hard drive of the computer.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about Google Drive at this point. Like said above, the UI is easy to navigate, the different softwares supported within Drive are stellar, and the online automatic storage feature puts my mind at ease knowing a computer crash will not cause myself or my coworkers to lose my files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Drive for a number of reasons including: file and folder sharing between team members has never been easier, real-time collaboration using the softwares within Drive allow for efficient time spent on projects, and online file storage is reliable and Drive updates as you work.

Google Drive allows us to communicate files between our team members and share folders when needed. We have been able to collaborate on projects, edit one another's documents, comment on spreadsheets, and so much more. All from one platform.

Google Drive review by <span>Tyler C.</span>
Tyler C.

"Secure with Good Amount of Free Storage Space"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like the most about Google Drive is its security. You are able to share everything on your Drive with specific people or choose specific files to share with people. You can add a password to files so that even if you share the file with someone, they will need a password in order to view or edit. You can also assign specific permissions to documents so people can view only or fully edit documents and files. This is important for my company since many of the files we share and work with contain sensitive information that must be protected.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Google Drive has to do with its application. I have the Google Drive application on my iPhone so that I can save my photos and work files directly to the Drive and not take up the memory on my phone. However, especially when uploading many files at a time, the upload tends to take a long, extensive amount of time to complete or fails half way through the upload. This makes it so that Google Drive is difficult to rely on in this circumstance and I'm required to manually monitor the upload in order to ensure it is successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Drive for anyone or company that works with a team to collaborate on files and documents. Google Drive is also good if you travel because it makes your files accessible from any place that you are working as long as you have an internet connection. I also recommend Google Drive if your device or phone memory is bogged down with photos and files - free up some storage space by setting up an automatic sync with Google Drive so that you me files are automatically sent to your Drive.

Google Drive has allowed us to work faster because our devices work at a faster speed since the memory and storage isn't taken up with files. Since our files are saved to the Drive and not our hard drives, space is saved which increases the speed at which our devices fun and also frees more memory. Google Drive has also made it easier for us to share documents. No longer do they have to be emailed back and forth to share with coworkers in a secure manner. With Google Drive we can assign permissions to documents and share them in real time. It has proven an important asset for which we rely on immensely.

Google Drive review by <span>Luke A.</span>
Luke A.

"Such a Convenient Service"

What do you like best?

There are a variety of features that I like in Google Drive. But I like the most that it is a free service that provides a good amount of storage space for the free version. I also like that if the free space provided isn't sufficient, it is easy to upgrade to the paid version in order to have access to more stored space. There is no contract to sign and you can cancel the paid version at any time. This is a convenient feature for me as my needs tend to change depending on the business being conducted in a given month. Another thing that I like about Google Drive is that it is an easy to manage, easy to navigate service - all combined, this leads to a nice user experience. I also like that you can have more than one Google Drive account free of charge. This makes it easy to manage both work and professional email and drive accounts.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Google Drive. I guess that they could offer more storage space for the free version. There are some months when I could definitely use a bit more storage space in which to store my files. The only other thing I dislike has to do with the Google Drive application that I have downloaded on my iPhone. If I upload several things at a time into my Google Drive application, it usually freezes and rarely completes the upload. This can be extremely frustrating as I have to start from the beginning and figure out where Google Drive left off on uploading and what needs to be re-uploaded to my drive. I have found the Google Drive can only handle uploading less than 10 significantly sized files with one request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google drive to anyone who needs wants to or is currently using a server at their work in order to save documents in a centralized location. Since Google Drive basically does the same thing as a server, except you don't have to be logged in through your work in order to access it. Before Google Drive, we would have to be logged in at work or through work in order to access the server where our shared drive was in order to gain access to our files that were on the drive. Now, all we need is an Internet connection and we can easily access any files that we save to Google Drive.

Google Drive allows us to have a way to access our files on any computer or laptop or device that we are using. We also don't have to have the Google Drive application in order to get the most out of the Google Drive experience. The Google Drive website has been great and is easy to use. I have it set up to automatically sync with my computer. This way, all of my files are automatically uploaded it to my Google Drive account. This saves me a lot of time since I am not having to go back and forth in order to upload a file each time I have one that needs to be saved to the drive. Google Drive is awesome for a business because it allows our coworkers to have access to each other's drive. This way, we don't have to be logged in to the Work server in order to access the share drive to view and edit the same document. We cannot easily access files that are saved to Google drive anywhere that we are working.

Google Drive review by <span>Joyce O.</span>
Joyce O.

"Very useful!"

What do you like best?

First off, it gives you 5GB of free online storage space! Who doesn't like free?! And, it syncs with your local folder on the desktop of your MAC or PC. It is simple to set up/sign up for the google drive. The download process is easy.

What do you dislike?

Android App is only available- iOS is currently being worked on! :/ You might not find this as a con, but others will- google docs are no longer in use once you download google drive. The folders and/or documents go into either 2 of the google drive folders- MY DRIVE or SHARED WITH ME.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really do recommend google drive to anyone who is wanting to store documents, videos, pictures, and other material needed. You can access it even from your phone! It's a no-brainer!

All the employees statewide can view/edit documents shared with them. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

Google Drive review by <span>Daniel A.</span>
Daniel A.

"A Virtual Drive that surpasses all other Drives."

What do you like best?

Google drive can be accessed on any mobile or pc based platform aand being in an IT department, it reduces the time i have to search for images to be used for our institutions web portal because of its high techmology and quick search features.

What do you dislike?

Steady internet connection is required to access Google, the service itself is dependent on an internet connection so establishing internet connection before getting to any of Google Services is key. As an IT intern in my community college, I wish i can have access to.some sort of "offline" copy of my files.

I also noticed that if any of my files happen to match any keywords stored in my Google Drive, it can float in the search result.

Enterprise integration of files in a secure and remote platform makes the job easier.

Google Drive review by <span>Jennifer P.</span>
Jennifer P.

"Secure and Reliable Free Storage Service"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about Google Drive. Since it is a free service, it makes it even better. I must say that even if it weren't free, I would actually consider paying for Google Drive. I say this because of the amount of storage space available - which is just the right amount for my needs. No more having to save things to my desktop computer only not to be able to access them from another device. No more having to email myself documents in order to have access to them no matter where I happen to be working on a given day. I am now able to use Google Drive to save all of my documents and files and quickly access them from anywhere that I am working. I also really like how integrated it is with the other Google applications. This has made things very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I have found to dislike that Google Drive is its sync/loading time. At times, it can take a while to sync and update which tends to be frustrating. Another example is when I update a document in Google Docs and it is saved to Google Drive - it can take awhile for any updates to that document to be reflected on my drive.

Another thing that I dislike or wish that Google Drive would offer is more permissions. I believe that enhanced permissions would make it even better. For example, to have an option that a person who you have shared files on your drive with could make updates to them but those updates had to be approved by you before they are finalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Drive for a variety of different reasons. First, you get a decent amount of storage space with the free version - enough that it is more than I have needed using it every day for work over the past year. It is also great because it has a convenient application that can be downloaded for easy access to what is on your drive. If you don't want to download the application, Google Drive can be accessed from any where via the internet.

Google Drive has been so nice because it allows for us to save space on our devices because everything is synced and save to our drives. This not only enhances the speed of our machines since they aren't slowed down by low storage space but it also makes it so that we are able to access anything on our drives from any location in which we are working - and we travel a ton for my job. Google Drive has also helped us to save time - and therefore, money - because it allows for easy collaboration. Now that my team can access each others drives, we are able to easily work together on projects without having to email a file back and forth several times for updates. The thing that has been the most helpful for my company is the fact that Google Drive can be set-up to automatically sync to any computer or device. This means everything is automatically saved to your drive - no longer do you have to manually save things to the drive.

Google Drive review by <span>Kenny U.</span>
Kenny U.

"Great Service for Collaborating"

What do you like best?

The best thing for us (my company) about Google Drive is that it allows us to collaborate on projects (documents, Excel charts, etc.). Before Google Drive, we would have to each do our own part on a document and then save and email it to the next person. This made it hard to track and a lot of the time work was duplicated unnecessarily. Google Drive allows us to simultaneously work on a project and tracks updates or changes that are made. This is a huge time saving feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Google Drive tends to display a lag between the time you save a file and the time it is displayed for other users. For example, sometimes, when I make edits to a document on the drive and save it back to the drive, it takes several minutes before that change is reflected on everyone else's drive. This has caused confusion and duplication of work in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Drive to any person or business. It is secure - allows you to password protect what is on the drive. It also allows you to share what is on your drive with anyone else and put security on those items so that you can choose the access that others have to your items. For example, you can give someone viewing only capabilities or editing capabilities. This has been a nice feature. Google Drive is also great because it saves space on my phone - I store every thing on the drive instead of on my device, allowing me more space and a faster device because it isn't bogged down with files.

Google Drive allows us to access documents no matter where we are traveling since they are stored on a drive that is accessible from anywhere that has the internet. Google Drive also has a sweet application that makes it easy to store and access items that are saved to the drive. I have been able to keep my desktop computer and work phone nice and clean with extra memory/storage space because - instead of storing stuff on the hard drive - I store everything on Google Drive - this way I can access it no matter where I am working from and no matter what device I am using to work. This has proven a great feature for my companies needs.

Google Drive review by <span>Hannah R.</span>
Hannah R.

"Google Drive review "

What do you like best?

The immediacy of google drive! It saves as you write, and you can edit it at the same time that other people are editing it. This makes it extremely convenient to collaborate on a document when you are in different places. You can see who is editing what as you edit.

What do you dislike?

The formatting. When I've copy and pasted a document into a Google doc, the formatting can get all messed up. I've been able to deal with it, but it can be frustrating, especially if formatting is important to the document that you're editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of who you are sharing the document with, especially if the document is sensitive or confidential for any reason. Share it with people that you trust. Also, keep in mind that the formatting might get messed up or changed when you put it into google docs.

Collaborating on writing a protocol with other research assistants is one example. Using google docs while doing this is extremely helpful, since you can edit the same document at the same time. It makes collaboration much easier.

Google Drive review by <span>Johnathan J.</span>
Johnathan J.

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

Google products are reliable, ive never experienced any type of crash, failure or breach. They also have strong brand presence. People tend to trust Google and when i say Google Drive - folks knie whst Google is even thiugh they may not know the “drive” part. Thus- i find folks more open and willing to use Google drive if they haven’t heard of it before. More difficult to get someone to try OneDrive if they haven’t heard of it before. (Just try sharing from the two and see which one is received more).

What do you dislike?

Stopping trying to make it more exciting. It doednt need to be. Its function is what makes it beautiful- stop tweaking it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it- wont hyrt

Sharing documents and photos for brainstorming. Exchanging documents to build a legal case and defense. Its ease of access is superb

Google Drive review by <span>prateek s.</span>
prateek s.

"Drive is now backup and sync"

What do you like best?

Easy to sync, easy to use, easy to manage, nice web UI, great sync'ing application.

Good application by Google. Google drive is now getting upgraded to 'Backup and Sync' as a part of updated portfolio, so great to see existing applications getting upgraded.

Folders can be easily shared with others who can login using their GMail id's. This is an amazing feature, and probably can be said as the most pathbreaking in its time.

What do you dislike?

Sync is a bit irking at times. There is very less buzz about Google drive being upgraded to 'Backup and sync' , and no communications from google as well. The biggest con is the low space google offers for such a price category. Mega is a very attractive alternative with 50Gigs free, giving similar features and a slightly more complicated sync app. If google can improve these points, the product can be even better, probably the best out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use google drive when you're on the google ecosystem, and you require to save files and share with them anywhere. Grant access to specific users to have a shared drive with only restricted users having access.

Google drives makes it easier to sync files anywhere and ensure availability. I had created a backup utility which used to create a DB backup and upload it to GDrive . This saved us when one of our servers had crashed and cloud had a backup of the file, which made disaster recovery really easy.

Google Drive review by <span>Taylor R.</span>
Taylor R.

"Google Drive Review "

What do you like best?

I have used other email systems and tried to work with their storage systems - I always insist on using Google and Google Drive. The format is extremely user friendly and it the organizational tools make the layout easy on the eye.

What do you dislike?

There's very little that I don't like. If I had to find one thing, it would be that I wish there were more color options for folders. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite programs to use!

Sharing documents when our team members are not in the office. I work directly with our president who is often traveling on the road. Rather than emailing all of the documents and files, putting them in a shared folder on the drive is super helpful. I love how it shows what changes have been made to a document so you can see who made those changes, and when they were made. Extremely helpful when multiple people have been editing the document.

Google Drive review by <span>Stephen P.</span>
Stephen P.

"Google Drive the perfect choice for small to mid size businesses"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is a big benefit. However, the fact that all of my business critical files are being backed up automatically for me to the cloud is without a doubt the biggest benefit.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to find something I don't like. I suppose the user interface could be a bit more robust but this hasn't stopped me from continually recommending Google Drive to my associates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free - its easy to add storage later if you need to.

The automatic backing up of our mission critical files is key. No matter how diligent I had tried to be in the past doing regular backups constantly fell down the to do list. Now this is a no brainer - the files are instantly saved to the cloud removing a major headache and concern of mine.

When my laptop crashed there were zero files lost as they were all available from the cloud

Google Drive review by <span>Katelyn S.</span>
Katelyn S.

"Organization for Collaboration"

What do you like best?

It’s very easy to collaborate with colleagues through Google Drive. Once you’ve become familiar with the set up and usage, it is easy to navigate and locate docs, sheets, presentations, etc. All of my resources for teaching units are organized in their own folders, so I know exactly where to go to find what is needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can easily edit a document or resource shared by another person and the change becomes instantaneous. It would be nice to have to approve the changes to a document before tinge changes go into effect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful to organize files you plan to use again and/or share with others.

Collaboration has become easier. Collecting and organizing student work through Google Drive has reduced paper usage and shortages within the school. I can easily give feedback to student work in real-time; the real-time feedback allows students to polish their work and grow in their education prior to submitting the final product.

Google Drive review by <span>Amanda P.</span>
Amanda P.

"Drive for Success"

What do you like best?

Since our school system adopted teacher Google accounts, transferring lesson plans from home to school has become so much easier. I love that my work auto saves and I can pick up where I left off. I also love the ability to organize my files and "star favorites" for quick access

What do you dislike?

Visually, I would prefer to manually support my favorites in the favorites tab or list or have control over a visual imitation of a desktop. Sometimes it's overwhelming to see ALL files and not be able to have as many quick shortcuts. The search function does help when things are lost in the shuffle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are great ways to sync your Google Drive experience with your Google Classroom experience and to organize your files and templates.

You should also utilize Googles templates and tutorials when using forms, for example, as there are new educational templates available.

Highly recommend shared folders wherein all content placed in that folder is shared with all parties as well.

Continuity of lesson planning is greatly improved and collaboration is made easier by live updates.

Google Drive review by <span>Ho&#39;omana Nathan H.</span>
Ho'omana Nathan H.

"Outstanding cloud storage and platform for collaborative workspaces and learning"

What do you like best?

For my purposes, Google Drive's strongest feature (and the one in which they far outclass other solutions) is the ability to synchronously collaborate on files and view and manage revisions in realtime. There's also ample storage, though not as much as something like OneDrive for Business. Like OneDrive for Business though, it's nice that I can just share a link so that whether or not students are logged in or on their own computer, they can access the files and collaborate. It's also great that when you upload a supported Office file, it can be automatically converted to a filetype editable in Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

The web interface can operate pretty slowly sometimes, and the desktop app has gone through several iterations (it's now Google Backup & Sync which looks suspiciously like one of these virus Backup programs). These iterations have had varying degrees of reliability (in contrast to OneDrive, which always works and is beautifully integrated into Windows and Office).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for synchronous collaborative work, including in online classrooms.

I teach academic English for international graduate students online and use Google Drive (in conjunction with synchronous videoconferencing classes) as a substitute for face-to-face groupwork. In a face-to-face class, students simply turn to face their neighbor and work together on a writing prompt or presentation. In an online setting, this collaboration (which research shows is enormously beneficial for language development) is a little more tricky to achieve. Google Drive has given me a user-friendly and highly collaborative platform to enable groupwork.

Google Drive review by <span>Chinnawat W.</span>
Chinnawat W.

"Convenient!"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is excellent for sharing files, photos, etc., easily. I love that files can be changed and edited easily by multiple people. It has saved lots of time and energy. It's great that you don't need to meet up with a colleague to view and edit a document, or send a document back and forth through emails several times just to edit it with a colleague.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Drive were a little more user friendly. The interface and overall design could improve. The capacity is good, but I do wish it could hold a little bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will absolutely benefit you to use Google Drive. I feel that anyone, whether business related or not, could benefit from Google Drive. If you find yourself sending mass amounts of emails, emails that frequently need to go to multiple people, emails containing documents that require editing, or struggling to find the time or ability to meet up for discussing business, it would be huge convenience to get Google Drive.

It's so much more convenient using Google Drive as opposed to constantly sending out emails to a long list of email addresses. It has really benefited communication among colleagues, and also managing personal files.

Google Drive review by <span>Amanda K.</span>
Amanda K.

"15 GB cloud storage at your fingertips on a basic interface"

What do you like best?

I can store documents and photos and share them seamlessly. Drive has simplified my personal and business life for document sharing. I can go anywhere and as long as I've got Internet, I've got everything. I've been using Drive for years and don't plan to stop.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the way things are organized in the document viewing panel. I would get rid of the quick access panel and configure based on my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free file sharing of 15 GB with a Gmail account. Simple interface. No gimmicks.

With freelance content work, Drive enables me to share documents and collaborate with people around the country. It's easy to create a Google doc, save it in a folder in Drive, and make sure it's shared with the right people. There's no additional steps.

Google Drive review by User in Internet

"Google Drive is Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love that you can have a conversation in the document that you are working on. The chat feature is a huge benefit when you are trying to get work done quickly. I also like that you can tag someone within the comments, and can click "complete" when the work is done.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the updated toolbar/tasks-bar. I wish that there was a spellcheck option. I also wish that it were easier to move documents from one folder to the next. A drag and drop option would be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Drive is a great tool for business professionals trying to organize documents without having to print and send a ton of emails. I would recommend this to people who have a lot of documents that need to be shared.

Communication and document sorting is really the biggest benefit that we have using this program. Using Google Drive allows us to share documents quickly and easier, without having to send so many emails full of documents.

Google Drive review by <span>Kevin F.</span>
Kevin F.

"Not my first choice, but still convenient."

What do you like best?

The fact that I can save documents (tickets, boarding passes, etc) from my Gmail account directly into Drive; the fact that it syncs on devices seamlessly; the fact that I have a decent amount of storage (and know I can maximize if need be).

What do you dislike?

I have migrated my cloud-syncing primarily to Dropbox, mainly because it syncs so well with my hard drive. I understand that Google Drive can work similarly, but for me, there is a clear choice on usability -- and I just like Dropbox more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because it's included in the G-Suite, you should definitely try it. There is nothing to lose. Some may find the folder organization less fluid and helpful than Dropbox (as I do), while others may have everything they need.

It does help to download or store email-adjacent files via Drive, and that helps me keep business files and communication very close together. Proximity, I suppose, is the best thing about using this.

Google Drive review by <span>Paige B.</span>
Paige B.

"google drive creates a space for organization and safe tracking"

What do you like best?

I like the different products that you can use while in the program. Such as powerpoint, or excel. I like how you can import your own images and write on them and also share it with others for them to work on at the same time. One of my favorite features is that you don't have to save it, it automatically saves as you progress.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the how there are often too many tabs. I also don't like the fact that there's no way to clearly categorize all types of one work. I also wish it had a larger capacity and maybe a feature where it locked certain documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know that you don't have to save it. It won't disappear.

I am solving higher education problems. The benefits of google drive is that everyone can access it, even though you don't have a gmail account.

Google Drive review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

"Google Drive make the work life much easier and fun, also lower cost"

What do you like best?

From sharing photos to documents, google drive is the one that everyone at work finds it pretty easy to navigate. The grid view makes reviewing hundreds of documents much faster and easier.

What do you dislike?

It's not really the thing that I will complain but good to be aware: the Simultaneously Editing function. Once you share a document with someone else, he/she can watch you editing the document on the screen: typing, erasing, and so on. Some people find it fun to watch or doesn't care being watched, but some just feel uncomfortable and feeling the boss has been watching them typing and working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first 15GB of storage is free and it doesn't cost a lot to upgrade. Every start-up should use Google Drive.

Sharing work progress and clients' information and business plan. The benefits are they are free and easy to use. Once we are ready to upgrade and require more storage, the price is reasonable enough.

Google Drive review by <span>Ciarra O.</span>
Ciarra O.

"The Ease of Google Drive"

What do you like best?

I have used Google Drive with several companies that require me to be in contact with multiple people, or to share files of just about any kind with them. It is very easy to pass along spreadsheets, upload videos I want someone to look at, or otherwise pass along data from person to person this way.

What do you dislike?

One thing I noticed recently was that a file disappeared from someone else's folder after I clicked on it to access the information inside, which made me wonder if it was still available for them to see and read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works like a charm for me. Great way to combine storage and file sharing, from both a personal and business standpoint.

We use Google Drive as a communal dropbox location, and as a means to leave information for specific people we wish to contact. It's kind of like a mailroom, but much more involved than email.

Google Drive review by <span>Gina L.</span>
Gina L.

"Secure and Reliable Service"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like most about Google Drive is how easy it is to use - even for someone who is not familiar with the tool. In addition to using Google Drive via its website, I also use the Google Drive application which has worked great for me and for my company. Google Drive maintains a reliable and secure desktop application. It is a simple and inclusive online collaboration tool. Out of all of the cloud storage services that I have used, Google Drive has the least amount of barriers to entry and makes it easy for all of our employees to use and get the most out of. I also appreciate that Google Drive has simple user permissions. It doesn't offer the complex permissions that other cloud services offer but I prefer it that way easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

I have found to dislike that I am unable to access what is on my drive unless I have an internet connection or if I download all of the files. This can be inconvenient when I need to access some of the documents that are on my Google Drive but I don't have access to an internet connection. The space that it would take in order to download all of the files on my Google Drive would take up a ton of memory, so, that is not an option for me. It would be extremely useful to be able to access all of my Google Drive files without being connected to the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Drive for any company or person that collaborates on documents with coworkers or other people. Since Google Drive allows you to make collaborations in real time and automatically tracks edits, it is easy to manage. Google Drive is also great for collaborations because it allows for simultaneous edits. This means that multiple people can access and makes edits to a document at the same time, a feature that many other collaboration services do not offer.

Google Drive has proven to be a very convenient tool as it allows me to access documents on the drive from anywhere that has an internet connection and from any device or computer. Before Google Drive, I would have to download files to the hard drive of my laptop and take it with me in order to access my files when at another location. My other option was to download my files to a disk or USB drive. Google Drive saves so much time and space on my computer while making it not only convenient but easy to access those documents when on the go. Google Drive has also been great because now my coworkers and I can collaborate on a document in real time. Before Google Drive, we would have to each make our edits separately in different colors and tracking the changes would be a night mare. Google Drive has saved my company a ton of time.

Google Drive review by <span>Jason C.</span>
Jason C.

"Google Drive - A very useful tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. You have plenty of space and can store and share some many different types of files. It makes working with others very easy. The interface is easy to use and breaks media is broken up by who shared it. The search function works really well as well.

What do you dislike?

If there was something I dislike is the downloading process seems slow. Even zip files seem to take a long time to download, and you can't bulk down individual files, even small ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a gmail, you have access to this for free. Use it as often as possible. This is a great platform for file sharing and colab work.

I have saved and shared screeners for video projects and even shared full edits for others through the platform. As long as the media is relatively small you can use it. Just stay on top of the storage space and delete frequently.

Google Drive review by <span>Kenneth P.</span>
Kenneth P.

"Keeps it all in one place for everyone"

What do you like best?

Previously, using documents such as Word or programs such as Excel, only one person could edit a document at a time. This meant that users had to wait to make their own updates which often ended with them forgetting to make the updates at a later date. This caused a lot of confusion and missed data

What do you dislike?

At times, Google has a tendency to be rather slow, even when the system is not over-taxed or there aren't too many users on at the same time. There is also a learning curve from older users who have not used the shared document system in the past until they become comfortable with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand the differences between using Google Drive products as compared to their Microsoft counterparts. There are some advantages to the standalone products, however, when it comes to sharing, there really is no comparison to Google Drive.

It is important that updates in our industry and company be made immediately and that those updates be seen immediately by all of the affected parties. Google Drive has allowed this to happen where regular static documents could not.

Google Drive review by <span>Ranae H.</span>
Ranae H.

"Works great, especially if you are all things "google" "

What do you like best?

Save directly to Google Drive, if you want to print a web page or document there is an option to save directly to google drive.

Stores documents, images, videos, gifs.

Folders are easy to create.

Items can be downloaded if needed.

If you have an android phone and a google account, google drive is your best friend. Photos will automatically back-up, you can view your files from your phone, and if you use ITTT you can save email attachments (and do much more) to google drive.

What do you dislike?

When you save directly to google drive, it doesn't allow you to choose the name or where it will be saved.

This means you need to go into Google Drive and change the name and location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company needs google email address to take full advantage of the drive, try doing this:

Name.BusinessName@Gmail.com

Google drive for us, is mainly used as a hub to store our collaborative spreadsheets.

Google Drive review by <span>Allison B.</span>
Allison B.

"Finally, a Dropbox Competitor! "

What do you like best?

File syncing between systems (phone, computer, tablet, etc) has been smooth and generally problem free compared to Dropbox. Being able to integrate Google Docs and Drive together has made collaboration and document management much easier. Also the free storage space is very generous. I also like how now, you can sync files onto your desktop in Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

Offline editing can be misleading and confusing. Also, when a document is downloaded and opened in it's MS equivalent, and uploaded again for collaboration, it is saved as a different file. Also, I do not like the PDF apps that are connected to Google Drive. It opens as a separate window, unlike the other Google Features (Doc, Spreadsheet, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the Offline userability. Also when some of my newer users download what was initially a Google Doc, to a MS Word, and upload it again, it saves the file as a separate file. It confuses users when there are multiples of the same thing.

Much of our team is located outside our four walls, making collaboration challenging at times.

Google Drive review by <span>Yeha Y.</span>
Yeha Y.

"Google Drive makes it easy to share information"

What do you like best?

Google Drive makes it very easy to share information and collaborate. It's also easily accessible so I can access this information almost anywhere (that has wifi). Almost all the information I need is in Google Drive which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I tend to upload more photos and videos, so I wish that there was more storage. I tend to run out of space very quickly, so I wish that there was more storage to use. I also like to organize the various files I have, and wish that there was more organizational features.

It's been easy to collaborate. I work with co-workers that don't necessarily tend to be in the same physical location. So, Google Drive makes it easier for us to move forward in various projects and ideas we have while not necessarily being in the same place.

Google Drive review by <span>Marcos G.</span>
Marcos G.

"The most important tool of any company!"

What do you like best?

To be honest... everything!! Google Drive lets us hace everything (EVERYTHING) accesible on the cloud for all our team members. All of our files are made or stored on Google Drive, and thanks to its interaction with Gmail, we manage all incoming files directly to the drive... You also get all the G Suite Tools that are amazing!!

What do you dislike?

Because we have a comercial account, and those accounts don't have Youtube, every time I want to go to Youtube I sign in, I have to open a incognito window, because it wont let me log in to youtube if I'm logged in to my company G Drive...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it... Its free. Once you use it you'll need it!!

We don't need a LAN network, don't need Microsoft Office, but must of all, we are being much more efficient

Google Drive review by <span>Amy P.</span>
Amy P.

"Favorite Cloud Storage "

What do you like best?

The ability to create document in the browser and easily collaborate with other team members. Secondly the ability to access files on my phone.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would let you decided where your files synced on your computer. I have an external drive attached to my computer and would like my files to sync there rather than on my computer hard drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for an easy way to share documents or collaborate this is a great tool. I have used it in several non-profit organizations to collaborating for events. In addition, my business partner and I started using it to share document, files, and notes for our business. I also store my photos and personal documents on Google Drive as well. The ability to share folders allows me to have one account with all of my folders in it - nonprofit, business, and personal. The ability to search everything in one location is a huge time saver, and had made me a big advocator of Google Drive.

Shared storage for both design files and documents

Google Drive review by <span>Jorden B.</span>
Jorden B.

"Google Drive is Full of Great Functionality Just About Anyone Can Appreciate"

What do you like best?

There are far too many to list. Browser-based file editing, sharing and syncing is fantastic. At a $0 base user price-tag that offers plenty of space, you can't be the price. If you're already a Google Accounts user, the integrations are superb and well-rounded and the mobile app experience is user-friendly and reliable on every device I've tried it.

What do you dislike?

Organization can sometimes be daunting and there is a lot of repetition when it comes to file management. Google Drive does its very best to keep what it thinks you want to see at the front as much as possible, but often times it gets it wrong and you need to customize your user options quite a bit to get things where you want them. Secondary to that minor qualm, I am increasingly nervous about security and privacy when using a "free" product like Google Drive, where it entices you to place your private files in its care without thinking.

file sharing, file editing and team collaboration are all greatly used by our organization. For Google Accounts users, especially those who maintain their email services with Google, Drive is a great tool for saving time and version-controlling information for your business.

Google Drive review by <span>Emily T.</span>
Emily T.

"Not my favorite tool"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of Google Drive so much. The execution is honestly another story. It's very easy to access a file but very difficult to edit it with any real substance.

What do you dislike?

It can just be clunky. Editing in google drive frequently glitches and does not react the way one would expect. A partnership with Microsoft would help or a programmer who was at least familiar with Microsoft functions. I've had Google drive corrupt more than one document and render it virtually unreadable. It's very helpful to review live as multiple people can add notes and edit simultaneously. It is hard for my less tech savvy employees to use and I feel like we spend a lot of time troubleshooting what would be an extremely basic function on another platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set incredibly clear procedure for employees that have not used it. It is not as logical or user friendly for a lot of people as it seems like it should be. I spend a lot more time explaining basic processes to an otherwise tech savvy workforce than I'd like to.

Real time review, editing and notes on documents for people in multiple locations. As long as it's not a final edit, it works fine

Google Drive review by <span>Ana S.</span>
Ana S.

"SAFE STORAGE IN THE CLOUD"

What do you like best?

Excellent free storage application, which allows me to share any type of file, images, texts, documents, music and videos without size restrictions, and if I delete some by mistake I can recover it thanks to its storage cloud as well as allowing team work and I can select who can edit my files and who can not

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that you need an internet connection to access and the fact that the free version has a limited storage capacity

Recommendations to others considering the product

EXCELLENT STORAGE AND EDITING TOOL THAT YOU NEED ONLY NEED A GMAIL ACCOUNT

It allows you to keep your work documents safe all the time and you can share and do team work anywhere whenever you need them.

Google Drive review by <span>Taylor G.</span>
Taylor G.

"Easy, Breezy, Google Drive"

What do you like best?

I've been using Google Drive near since its inception. It's incredibly easy to use and integrates very well with Google's office suite - which serve as fantastic Microsoft Office replacements.

What do you dislike?

The navigation to find files is difficult sometimes, especially if you access a lot of documents used by other people. Because it's all done within a web-browser, using it like a normal file system can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to integrate with Google business accounts as well. If you just need file sharing, you can usually handle it free. If you want to use Google's business suite, it will cost you per account, but everything integrates much nicer.

Multi-person collaboration is fantastic! Being able to all work on the same document simultaneously with real-time updates is great for remotely

Google Drive review by <span>Krista T.</span>
Krista T.

"Google Drive: For the WIN!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE my Google Drive & use it for personal use, volunteer & work projects. I love that I can pull it up anywhere on any device. I have it on my phone & laptop & love that it is synched to my Gmail account. Google was genius in creating this!

What do you dislike?

No complaints here! I love that I can create folders, then subfolders. I can share my folders or documents with multiple people & give each one different access to the documents. For example, Susie can view the document, but Charles can review it, and Mary can edit it. Genius! This is so helpful when working and collaborating with many people. Way to go Google!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it- you won't go back to whatever you had before! Personal use, volunteer, record keeping, or business. You'll love it. And you have it all under the secure Google network. There's nothing better than it!

We're all able to access the same files from anywhere in the world. this is extremely beneficial as my colleagues and I travel often. So to have documents that are editable and viewable from anywhere is huge!

Google Drive review by <span>deivis m.</span>
deivis m.

"data storage"

What do you like best?

great storage capacity at very affordable prices, and a very useful tool to share information at any time safely without the need to send emails or use external devices.

What do you dislike?

Few plans of use, although even the one of greater capacity that is the one of 30 TB, is very economic, could implement a greater variety for clients that need an intermediate capacity of storage

Recommendations to others considering the product

buy the 30 TB package because in the long run it will provide you with a very large storage capacity, which will obtain more backup of the most important documents outside of the company's servers

possibility of entering files safely from places outside the office, in field work.

as well as send documentation at any time to delegate work.

Google Drive review by <span>Nathan L.</span>
Nathan L.

"Great way to store files for easy access across any device"

What do you like best?

Being able to access almost any document i need from any device, including mobile

What do you dislike?

I have used drive for years for both business and personal files. have not found a downside yet. If i had to name something it would be that data is not encrypted in storage (for things such as HIPAA). I am unable to store these types of files for this reason. However this would account for less than 1% of what i need access to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure Drive fits your needs regarding security before switching entire company. i currently use it personally but with both personal and business related files.

Since the bulk of my files are stored in drive switching machines take minutes and not hours/days. i can even make quick edits/modifications on documents and email from mobile devices with ease.

Google Drive review by <span>TINCY G.</span>
TINCY G.

"The best features of Google Drive"

What do you like best?

The best feature is that it allows storage of almost anything and everything. It helps keep from photos to videos, documents to recording and what not. It also offers 15 GB of free storage which is expandable to 1 TB. The files stored in Google Drive can be accessed from everywhere. Also, it provides the option to share files/folders with friends/families. The permission that can be set on who to give access to view files is a must mention feature.It also provides to Google docs through which any changes can be made to the files, Drive can also be accessed from any device be it a PC, a phone, an iPad or even any Android device.The stored files can be easily searched by any keyword.

What do you dislike?

The paid subscription for more storage.also, the speed of loading data can be worked upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An easy to use tool which can also be easily accessed. Please start using it if you haven't yet used.

We had a requirement for storing bulk data up to 850 GB for storing all types of content and metadata. That's when we decided to use Google Drive.

With Google drive we are now able to store all the required data, share it with the required group of people and restrict others from viewing it by setting permissions, This allows the team from any location to access the files as and when required. It has indeed saved a lot of unwanted effort that had to be put in.

Google Drive review by <span>Anna S.</span>
Anna S.

"All in one drive"

What do you like best?

Current changes. It is possible to create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. and can edit them via the Internet

Availability at any time

Independence from the device used

Integration - Documents stored on Google Drive can be easily opened in any other Google application.

Simple search - Google Drive makes it easy to find documents placed in it.

Ability to exchange files with any size

What do you dislike?

You can not sync folders outside the Google Drive directory

No application for Linux

No application for Windows Phone

Sync for Android is made inconvenient

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are interruptions to the Internet, I recommend using the offline access function to the disk. This helps out during Force Majors

It can be good to accelerate the speed of the database. Use the search for documents that is built into the google drive.

If there is a need to type large volumes of text manually, then use voice input! Read aloud is always faster than typing.

In the company on the disk, the entire corporate database is backed up. Once it is saved at the time of a hard drive failure.

A joint database is being maintained for customers using Google dock, which are stored on a Google Drive

Simultaneous joint access to the task plan for a day, a week, a month, a year with the ability to edit its responsibility zone and observe the general progress in work

Google Drive review by <span>Oleg G.</span>
Oleg G.

"Classic of all time"

What do you like best?

+ Free of charge

+ support with all that is possible

+ It's really functional, it's Google

+ Extra100 gigabytes when buying ASUS devices

+ Access from any device

+ Photos and videos can be viewed and organized in both Google Photos and Google Drive. If you want, you can create a Google Photos folder under My Drive to group pictures and videos into subfolders. In this case, photos that are visible in both Google Photos and Drive will not occupy twice the amount of space available to you in your Google Account

What do you dislike?

- Does not allow playing * .3gpp files directly from the disk from the network

- Perhaps from the category of paranoia, but still on the account of Google servers and where the data is stored and who has access to them)

- Not so much free space as for example in the same mail.ru cloud

- Does not update files very fast

- It's not immediately clear what works

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand all functions of the application. There are a lot of them and many of them greatly simplify the joint work.

It is very convenient to use this service if you already use other Google services: mail, google keep, calendar

- Synchronization of files between employees of the company. even the big

- Remote access to all files

- teamwork on files

- Very good integration with the whole ecosystem from Google

Google Drive review by User in Higher Education

"Useful file sharing system"

What do you like best?

Although it is similar system as the Dropbox, the space you originally have is way bigger than dropbox. Easy to review the files online and share the files.

What do you dislike?

To make the files available offline, you need to select the folder online. There must be a better way...

Also, although i share the folder with others, sometime the folder icon looks like not shared (i.e. I dont see small person on the folder icon)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great software if you are not happy with very limited space with Dropbox. Especially you use G suite, there is no reason not to use the google drive.

We are sharing many folders with other research teams and communities. Most of people have google account and familiar with the system, so it is easy to share the files with someone who are not tech savvy.

Google Drive review by <span>Swetha T.</span>
Swetha T.

"A great way to save and share information"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to access google drive from pretty much any device and how easy it is to share big documents with people. I use Drive to make sure I don't run out of space on my hard disk and so I can have all my important documents at hand whenever I need it. I also like how I can save a document as a Word document or any other format like a pdf.

What do you dislike?

Even though Google has done a great job incorporating their overall theme, I feel like the entire design can be a bit more creative and colorful which uses some of Google colors and the innovativeness they're known for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really wonderful application that can be used on laptop or mobile. It's really easy to use and understand, it also helps clear a lot of space from your device onto a cloud environment. If you're not using it yet, you have to try it at least, it will help out in a lot of different problems.

I use Google Drive mostly for personal use and for saving drafts of my design projects so that it's always there when I need it.

Google Drive review by <span>Amber M.</span>
Amber M.

"Google Drive is Awesome"

What do you like best?

I use Google Drive every day. It's user-friendly, allows you to easily access several different types of documents, share them within and outside of your organization, and access them on the go with the app.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike that when I'm attaching a large file to a Gmail (a PowerPoint presentation for example) and the name of the file pops up wherever my cursor happens to be in the body of the email. I have to remove it, click elsewhere (usually the bottom of the email), re-attach it, and then it's at the bottom out of the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Google Drive because it's easy to use, gives you a lot of storage, and keeps your documents safe and accessible.

Google Drive is used as a sales and communications tool in my organization. It's good for sharing files internally, sharing files externally, real-time editing and feedback on documents, and saving several different types of files (Excel files, Word docs, PowerPoint presentations) in one place that are easily accessible via laptop or mobile device.