Google Drive

(2,693)

Drive: Store everything, share anything. Automatically sync files from Mac or PC to your personal drive in Google's cloud. Access files anywhere.

Work for Google Drive?

Learning about Google Drive?

Google Drive Reviews

Ask Google Drive a Question
Showing 2,695 Google Drive reviews
Google Drive review by Henry P.
Henry P.

"Google Drive an effective tool for massive and indispensable information storage"

What do you like best?

Be able to save Google Drive safely any type of file such as photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, text documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.

The space provided by this tool is 15GB of free storage and allows you to create folders and subfolders to have a better order of your files.

What do you dislike?

Although for some actions it is an advantage, I am very uncertain about the fact that everyone involved in the development of a project or work can easily access it and if a password is not set that is very safe, others can access it and Eliminate information, including one of the same people who work in it.

Like all applications, a good Internet is necessary to access and review the file that is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is advisable to keep personal files or documents (taking great care avoiding accidentally sharing them), which at some time, on the street, travel or emergency may require.

It is highly recommended to download the application on the computer desktop, which helps more effectively in the organization and safekeeping of files and / or documents.

I have used this application a lot, since one of its main advantages is that those of us who are developing a work or project can access it at any time. This allows us to modify any document in real time and fellow students and work review it, without the need to open, modify, save, attach and send, at least these last steps are deleted.

Its importance is that I can save and edit images, videos, text files and Microsoft Excel among others.

I have not worked on the installation of other applications combined to Google Drive, but I understand that it is accessible and improves the functions of the application, for example to listen to music, can be stored from the web, likewise installing a program to edit videos for presentations, meetings or customized. But one of the things I use most often is that when downloading web pages during research or "leisure" I save them for later use, so I do not give them for lost and if not then I eliminate them so as not to be left without space.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Drive
Google Drive review by Vimal G.
Vimal G.

"Google Drive the best for File Storage"

What do you like best?

File syncing between different devices like smartphones, laptop, iPad, etc has been smooth and generally problem free compared to other services. Google Drive leverages the best of the Google network and it has datacentres all over the world so it makes our file available in even less latency and with full speed than we can every imagine. The file live collaboration makes it really a cherry on top of all other features

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now. I like the product as it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend

We use it for our daily work and collaboration. It provides 15 GB free storage which is more than enough for most people who have decent work and can classify which files to keep on cloud and which ones to keep on our PC. Moreover, the web interface and the mobile apps make the mobility so good that we can access our files from wherever we are

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Google Drive review by Alek L.
Alek L.

"Simple to use and bulletproof file sharing and storage"

What do you like best?

Google Drive makes it incredibly easy to share files among employees and clients. The sharing features make it easy to securely distribute and collaborate on files. The user interface is simple and intuitive and the search features make it easy to find the files I need quickly. I find that the service has also been extremely reliable and has never once been down, in my experience.

What do you dislike?

While Google Drive itself is very reliable, I find that on occasion, Google Slides in particular can be sluggish and unresponsive across various browsers. Occasionally, file sync between the cloud and my computer can get hung up, but is fairly easy to restart. I would also like to see further improvements in the variety of file types that can be previewed in the Google Drive interface without having to download the file.

Working on client-facing reports is simple with the real-time collaboration provided by Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Sharing files between employees and those outside of our organization is also simple and safe.

Google Drive review by Desiree G.
Desiree G.

"Low-Hassle Way to Back-Up files"

What do you like best?

This is a pretty much seamless, mindless way to back up files and documents. I don't rely on it exclusively, but I use it as the "back-up to my back-up" (external drive) so I can feel extra secure. Everytime I think something didn't get backed up, it is always right there and the quality is pretty good for photos.

What do you dislike?

Google drive could be quite a bit faster, especially as you start using more of your allotted storage GB. However, it is free, so I do keep my expectations reasonable. I also don't think the way the documents are organized is very user-friendly to re-arrange, and the drop-down of different folders is tedious (windows 98) and not modern. But again, its free and I use it as a tertiary back up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is slow, but it is free and does the job. Your files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud.

It solves some sense of urgency about having to buy an "official" tertiary backup device. As a small business owner with many things to do and remember, it's a nice safety trampoline in case I forget to actively back up some files and my laptop crashes.

Google Drive review by jose miguel g.
jose miguel g.

"la mejor manera de mantener tus documentos en cualquier momento donde estes"

What do you like best?

es un medio muy bueno para obtener espacio de almacenamiento extra. desde el cual podrás mantenerte al día con todas tus carpetas a la mano donde estés desde tu equipo móvil o de mesa y cuando trabajas en tantos lugares como nuestra profesional de medico lo merita ya que trabajamos en diferentes clínicas y hospitales y mantenemos gran cantidad de información de pacientes y de novedades que a diario se pones sobre la mesa. necesitamos mucho espacio y que sea disponible en cualquier momento. por lo que los paquetes que tiene este drive resultan muy buenos. por lo que la inversión vale la pena.

What do you dislike?

debería existir una manera de utilizarlo fuera de red ya que en algunos casos estamos de vacaciones pero al ser médicos no podemos estar separados en ningún momento del trabajo ya que nuestros pacientes en especial mi área de gineco-ostetra necesitan respuesta a toda hora y en cualquier circunstancia ya que el embarazo es algo que no avisa cuando puede existir una emergencia con el bebe. y necesitamos poder acceder a los documentos en cualquier momento ya si algún colega nos llama porque nuestras pacientes están entrando en un área de emergencia tenemos que dar respuesta lo mas detallado y rápido posible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

invertir en esta herramienta de almacenamiento es una muy buena desaficione ya que lo mantendrá completamente conectado a sus documentos en cualquier momento. existen varios planes desde una parte muy limitada que es gratuita puede probar primero de esta manera y después utilizar los pagos.

poder acceder siempre y cuando mantenga conexión a Internet de todos los documentos de mis pacientes y poder dar respuestas oportunas según cada caso. ya que todos los pacientes evolucionan diferente en sus respectivos embarazos que es mi área medica

Google Drive review by Lorenys F.
Lorenys F.

"herramienta de almacenamiento en la nube. "

What do you like best?

what I like most about google Drive is that I can store any file like music, photos, pdf, videos and access them from anywhere, it allows me to upload and download files and information on the net and what attracts me the most is that it offers 15 GB free for storage.

What do you dislike?

what I do not like very much is that to access the documents uploaded there must be a connection to the internet.

if the user is not safe if a good password is not created to protect it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is very useful because it allows us to access our files from anywhere, you can share files with friends, edit and change documents and the most interesting thing is that you can back your photos and not suffer more damage to the pc or the device.

to make backup copies of my photos, videos that I have to keep backed from my work, to share files with my colleagues without needing to attach them by email.

Google Drive review by Marissa F.
Marissa F.

"Google Drive - Great for collaborative projects"

What do you like best?

Information is routinely saved online. It is accessible anywhere (as long as you have internet access). Multiple users can edit, comment, add, or review at one time. It is user friendly and easy to use without much education beforehand. Easy to create presentations, write documents, make slides, used sheets for data analysis, and track changes. Accessible on desktop, laptop, and mobile. Easy to share via email. Easy to download into PDFs or other versions of shareable media. Also eliminates the risk of losing files and email multiple versions to associated parties.

What do you dislike?

Logging in and organizing files and folders can be slightly confusing. The documents look the same (must be labeled) and are organized by last use, not by alphabet. Could be easier to navigate if there were a different organizational method. Could be easy to miss changes added by other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure users have access and are in the "edit" mode.

Collaborating on projects remotely is much more productive and effective because editors can access and contribute to it at any point. It is easy to download and save files to use in formal and informal settings.

Google Drive review by Marien M.
Marien M.

"My disk of virtual storage in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Free application that I use to save any document in the cloud, besides allowing me to work in a team, since these documents or stored information can be viewed or edited by colleagues or friends allowed by me, I can select who can edit my files and who no, I store documents, videos, music regardless of their type or size since this does not have restrictions and I can access them from any computer and place so I always have my information available at hand when I need it and with a series of tools of editing that allow me to edit my files

What do you dislike?

The main one that has this storage in the cloud is the need to have internet connection, the speed of loading and unloading will depend on the internet connection that has

Recommendations to others considering the product

Application that allows the entire work team to access the files at any time without relying on a computer, since everything is in the cloud and you only need your gmail account.

Having a free storage without having to occupy spaces in the company's PC and accessing your files at any time and in any place is a great advantage for any company

Google Drive review by Rahul S.
Rahul S.

"Google Drive | The easiest way to collaborate using files"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Drive is it's collaborative nature which is inbuilt into the product. This is because with this comes G-Mail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc which allow direct editing of files and important documents that are important to people. Multiple people can actually edit the same document at different positions at the same time which isn't possible in other file sharing websites.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. I like the product as it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend Google drive to others considering it.

Well, all the work that is done is now stored on Google Drive. Whatever it is, business plan, powerpoints, Notes taken during meetings, and other stuff. Google Drive Backup & Sync software is really cool as it syncs all the files across to the server, meaning i can access them wherever and whenever I want to access them. This is very beneficial when we are travelling as having all the documents on the go is very necessary sometimes.

Google Drive review by carlos eduardo b.
carlos eduardo b.

" Excellent this tool google drive, totally useful, I recommend it"

What do you like best?

I love it because I can have access at any place and time, and from any device since everything is stored in the google cloud, if I need to translate something, this software google drive ha it has more than 53 languages, it helps me to download and upload files that are in the network, it has a space of up to 1gigabit. If a block happens I can rest assured that the backup in the cloud saves the documents.

What do you dislike?

You should make sure to put a password because it can not be safe, and if the document is more than one editor can be deleted by any of them, it can be a bit complicated to use since it has many functions and this can make it difficult for use it It must also be taken into account that the use of the internet is mandatory, since without this connection it does not work, but despite this it is still a very useful tool, I recommend it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend them, you should only have a gmail account to use it, excellent google drive

You can take it with you everywhere, you can access it from any device, not necessarily from your PC, if you need some retouching, you can edit it. Using this software in Excel sheets makes it easy for you to add and export data

Google Drive review by Antonino C.
Antonino C.

"My opinion of Google Drive "

What do you like best?

That is a free software and that allows me to work in a group effectively, it is free and you can make changes between several people and in this way achieve a result among all, I consider it a pretty good software and also has tools that can be easily understood , it is useful when among several you can not meet and through this software you can keep in touch and do a good job and good presentation

What do you dislike?

I consider that what I do not like very much about this software is that you can only access it with the internet, that is, you can not visualize it in any way unless it is with internet and in addition to this you risk losing the Inofrmacion if at some point you do not have a good password that protects each of those involved

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you know the software thoroughly because it is quite useful and beneficial, especially when you want to work as a team

I think that what I do not like much about this software is that you can only access it with the Internet, that is, you can not visualize it in any way unless it is with the Internet and you risk losing the InofrmaciĂłn if at any time you do not have a good password that protects each one of those involved and in a certain way can be a risk is something very important and confidential

Google Drive review by Allison W.
Allison W.

"My Honest Google Drive Review"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Google Drive. It is so convenient and offers a "one-stop shop" for storing documents, photos, forms, etc. with my family, friends and colleagues. Google Drive was recently used to share information with my family about our Family Reunion. We were able to share pictures to be included in our program.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked about Google Drive was not being able to share items with family members who did not have access or a Google account. There is nothing I dislike about Google Drive itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are hesitant or apprehensive about Google Drive, don't be. Google Drive is very easy to use and navigate. There are tutorials available to assist you with all the features. Once you get the basic hang of using Google Drive, you will love it. Google Drive will be that "back up" for photos and documents so you will not have to worry about losing them. I highly recommend Google Drive.

For work, Google Drive is used to share documents with my colleagues. We share productivity reports and and documents needed on a daily basis.

For home and personal use, Google Drive is used to share family and friend photos, and used to store information to the Cloud.

Google Drive is a lifesaver by saving time, money, etc. I do not have to spend money getting copies made, I just upload items and share with others.

Google Drive review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"The Ultimate Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is inexpensive, easy to use, and 100% reliable. It enables me to work in a virtual environment (coffee shop, airport, hotel, etc.) or in my home office and know that everything I am doing is up to date and there when I need it. It also ensures that if equipment or hard drives are lost or stolen, my data is secure and ready for my new devices.

What do you dislike?

Google makes fantastic products however isn't really as much a 'customer friendly' company as Apple or Sony is. For example you can walk into a computer big box store and see kiosks supporting Apple products or Samsung phones or other products, but there never really is a Google guy or gal there to help you. Strangely I have used the support of Samsung a lot in these stores or even the store where I bought my mobile phone to integrate products like Google Drive more fully. So in that sense, I think Google has always been a bit "shy" when it comes to after purchase support and advice. Fortunately there are loads of books and free videos on YouTube to help you out!

Recommendations to others considering the product

While you can be 99.97% sure the internet will be up and your files will be avaible, Google Drive should really be part of a storage solution that includes hard drives for redundancy and security, and even archival DVDs for storage of data which is really valuable to you.

I use Google Drive as a backup to many of my image and data files and as well by using the Google Office products -- DOCS, SHEETS, FORMS, etc., I am able to maintain everything in one location accessible from any computer in the world hooked up to the internet.

Google Drive review by Miguel A.
Miguel A.

"Drive is the best for education-work"

What do you like best?

I started to use this software when I was at college and it helped me through a lot of things like making suff with my teams at the same time editing .docs, .pptx, etc. in a few words almost all the office suite is included in there for you to share with your partners.

Another very useful tool that I continue to use at my workplace is the cloud storage that they give you for free so you can put all your files in there and also share them with the email addresses that you want.

I would totally recommend this amazing product to anybody that needs to get assignments done at college and at work some office related stuff if you don't have the office suite installed.

One last great feature is that if you delete things from your drive and also from the recycle bin, you can get them back if you contact support, all with complete privacy.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that you need to give permissions sometimes because the other person couldn't use or watch the thing you just shared with their email, never knew why but it happened sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's dropbox but the best for me is Drive to be honest.

I have solved some stuff for example if I don't have a flash drive with me at that time, I can put it on my drive and then download it on the other computer or smartphone that I need to use it but you need the app to use it at the smartphone.

Google Drive review by Freddy O.
Freddy O.

"all your files in the cloud, but at hand"

What do you like best?

What I like about this tool is that to access, I just need to have a Google email account (Gmail). Among its main advantages are being a free service, offering 5 Gigabytes of free storage to store information and being able to be used not only from the PC, but also from the different incredible mobile devices, not, What I like about this tool is that to access, I just need to have a Google email account (Gmail). Among its main advantages are being a free service, offering 5 Gigabytes of free storage to store information and being able to be used not only from the PC, but also from the different incredible mobile devices. In addition, Google Drive can connect with other Applications. Among the most recommended; PDF Mergy and HelloSign that I consider them very good

What do you dislike?

something I do not like and should review is the shared storage Google Drive 15GB free storage, 100GB for $ 1.99, 1TB for $ 9.99 and more than 10TB for $ 99.99, monthly. However, this capacity is not such, as it is shared with the Gmail, Google+ and Drive services. and another thing is the insecurity for unified services this could generate a big problem, because in case someone could appropriate a session started from Google Drive, it would have access to Gmail, Google+ and other Google services without having any password

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for User confidence. Trust in the stability of the Google brand. Over time, the cloud will become important in our lives, in it we will leave our important files, photos, videos, part of our life and our work, which we will want to be always accessible, safe, Integration with Google Docs, offering the possibility of working in a group. Google Docs is integrated into Google Drive, what's more, you could say that Google Drive is an evolution of Google Docs.

Using this tool you can promote cooperative work and self-evaluation. You will also find in this application a way to learn, save files in the cloud, review your texts and be able to consult the dictionary or the translator, if necessary

Google Drive review by Manjari M.
Manjari M.

"Comprehensive tool"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to move around especially with the newly added folder options. Unlike drop box it is easy to navigate between folders and locate files. Search tool and Quick Aceess on the top menu in the drive is most helpful to locate your files from any year/month. Cloud back up gives you peace of mind saving the documents in case of a crash.

What do you dislike?

The looks are bare and they could add more features like enabling editing files within the platform. Would also be helpful if individual folders could be color coded or similar markings which would appease the looks as well as easiness. Also would appreciate if indiviudal files could be opened simultaneously in multiple tabs for comaprison and study.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps you push your work faster making sure the data is saved and shared in time!

Using google drive in place of excel sheets helps to add and export data without the need to save and upload/download files each time. Saves tons of time. Jumping between files are

Google Drive review by Dave E.
Dave E.

"Super Way to Share When Your Out of the Office"

What do you like best?

This is a great document sharing resource. Our industry includes techs that are involved in Multi Site Projects and Service. We use this software to share our schedules and service needs with techs that are always on the road. We also use it to turn in expenses and receipts when on the road.

What do you dislike?

I have had some trouble with the mobile app at times. I have entered in information on our schedule and when I went to the schedule later the information was not there. This has not happened often just a handful of times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you are going to use this as a way for techs to keep in touch make sure they are scheduled to do so at regular intervals. There is no point in sharing information if no one is checking. So it is good to make sure everyone can login and does login.

We have used this software to easily collaborate when on the road and to keep everyone on the same page.

Google Drive review by Oscar Antonio R.
Oscar Antonio R.

"It is an excellent, safe and reliable online file and data storage application."

What do you like best?

Well, Google Drive is a storage server of all types of files, photos, texts, music, movies and data online, it is very attractive and can be used for free and I can access it from my mobile device, tablet or computer, that is to say that I can upload my personal files to the cloud from any place that finds me sea in the house or in my place of work this seems very nice, I have a friendly interface for users we can organize our personal or business files in folders what allows us to have them identified and separated to be more effective and faster when looking for them in the cloud. In general it is a tool these days and it works as a virtual hard disk and you only need a good Internet connection and a Gmail account.

What do you dislike?

Against this tool there are no negative features since it is a very complete application, however because it is an application that is in the cloud our files can be exposed by a hacker and remove our files or install a virus, I I'm in the banking system I need a lot of security in my data and files that I upload to the cloud, this is why you always need an update of the security procedures in the passwords, another aspect that we must take into account is that if we do not have a Internet connection we can not access our files because they are in the cloud

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is highly recommended for many reasons, it is easy to access, you only need a Gmail account to access this virtual hard drive, on the other hand you do not need any installation to start using it, another benefit that Google Drive has is that it can be used in line this is very attractive for all users currently and because you are on the internet you can enter from anywhere you are with just your mobile, tablet or computer, additional part of this tool is free. In general it is a very useful and recommended server.

Through this cloud I can keep all my personal documents, for educational purposes, business, recreational and others, one of its great benefits is that with just a good internet connection and a device is mobile, tablet or computer I can see my files Wherever I am, this is a great advantage today as it works like a virtual hard drive. It is a very useful tool these days.

Google Drive review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"fundamental Google Collection - must need to know how to use"

What do you like best?

Without exaggeration, Google Drive should be the "it" product that everyone should know how to use or at least know about when using a computer. It is the hub for any google or other doc-related products and let the users aggregate and utilize this platform to organize all of their documents. You can store most of your documents online for free and also create and work on documents online if you want to. It truly feels like I can do everything via this platform for free compared to the costly MS Suite. I highly recommend everyone to learn how to use this platform as it will make your life so much easier with a wide range of functions it provides.

What do you dislike?

I really do endorse everything about Google Drive but sometimes I feel that they should improve the mobile app version of this. The mobile app version is still very easy to use but I feel that it's missing quite a bit of function compared to website version. Also, I do feel the interface is often neglected as it's difficult to find the correct functions that I want to use in both mobile and website platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know how to utilize this platform efficiently as it can get very messy if you don't organize all the documents on a regular basis!

Google Drive gives me a free storage space to organize all of my business or personal documents in this 1 platform. It is free and very easy to use.

Google Drive review by Marco Marcello M.
Marco Marcello M.

"It´s our official colaborative office suite, for a group of about 50 person"

What do you like best?

The colaboration features and the access to the files any where and in multiple devices is amaizing.

We have a distribuited work force in 15 locations, 7 cities and 3 countries and all the work products are actualizated, we can work simultanesusly.

We can´t imagine our work this days without Drive, we wonder every day, how we managed before it.

We use a lot the comments feature, with the capabilities to assign task to people, it is a very good help.

What do you dislike?

The features of each application is not reach enough (but it improves constantly). Navigting in a spreadsheet and numerating paragrafs in a document are the most anoing things.

We use Team folders (I don´t know the accureted neme in english, in spanish they are called "Unidades de Equipo") and the control access features are limitated, we miss the posibility to have a file in more than one folder.

The backup features should be richer, we (and our certificators) are aware for data missing if Google decides to close or limitate the service.

We have ideas to improve the usability, maybe good things to us it in several industries, for example:

Improve the "Historial de cambios" now it is baased in a time line manner, shoud be in a part of the document manner an also in a collaborator manner, all of this with reporting capabilities.

Also in the comments, resolutions and task assignments feature, soud be good to have the posibilities to hide the comments to certain users, for example to blind review the same document in order to conduct a proper inspection...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, it´s amazing.

We use it for everything.

Software development: Requirements engeneering, inspections, knowledge base in our enterprise,

Quality Assurance: politics, standards and quality assurance techniques.

Accounting and finance.

File sharing with our clients, supliers and colaborators (consultants, students, ...).

Google Drive review by Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.

"Awesome tool, especially connected with other Google apps"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to create, share, and edit documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc. I've done many projects using Drive - best collaborative app out there in my opinion. You can also do so much because all of Google's apps are connected: Photos, Sheets, Doc, Slides, etc

What do you dislike?

Formatting can get out of whack when converting Microsoft files into Google form to share with other people. Also, many keyboard controls are different, which I find especially bothersome in Sheets. Maybe I am just not as familiar with Google's products, but they don't seem to have quite the range of editing options as the Microsoft versions (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)

I can easily share documents, photos, spreadsheets, and presentations with others. They can also edit them, or simply comment suggestions, which can easily be incorporated into the final version. The cloud-based nature makes it available on all devices - I especially have appreciated being able to edit documents offline and then sync or upload them when I get back on WiFi

Google Drive review by Ashley T.
Ashley T.

"Google Drive for the Win!"

What do you like best?

Google drive is excellent because you are able to view/edit from wherever you are. We love the feature of getting updates every time someone makes a change to a document. It really helps keep everyone on the same page.

What do you dislike?

We don't dislike anything about Google Drive at this time. It has done everything that we need it to do, flawlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Drive is an excellent companion if you are looking to share files and such with your employees, especially if things are always changing! It is a great tool to keep everyone on the same page.

We mostly use Google Drive to keep track of our job costing. We create excel spreadsheets in there that are updated daily with all of our expenses of each project we have going on, so it is easy to see where we are at and what we have remaining.

Google Drive review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"The best application to store, share or transfer files"

What do you like best?

Represents a free storage space in the cloud and which accepts a variety of files so I do not have to rely on hard drives.

Here I can do collaborative work, since I can share and edit documents with other users, facilitating the completion of work in the company.

- It has a large number of integrated tools in the Google platform that facilitates the work and allows the exchange of large files, and without any limitation of file types

What do you dislike?

In order to access my files I have to make use of an internet connection.

After 15 GB of storage you can pay to get more space

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a simple and easy to use interface, allows uploading and downloading files and information on the network

You can easily access the files of the company from anywhere, since Google has some fast servers.

Google Drive review by Mwangi W.
Mwangi W.

"Best cloud storage with easy email integration"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is a cloud storage solution provided by Google. With Drive we can upload files that are too large to be sent via email and share them with our contacts or colleagues easily.I also like that I can do all this free of any cost and my files can be accessed from any device signed with my google account.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything in Google Drive. It has very helpful to me, colleagues and the company. I would be happy to try out any new features that might be availed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage everyone to try Google Drive. There are many benefits to using it and it ensures security of file stored.I have been collaborating on many projects with other team members easily. Its easy working with gmail lets me send updates to projects easily.

Google Drive helps us upload files that cannot be sent directly to contacts through email and easily share the same files.

Google Drive review by Ruben A.
Ruben A.

"The potential use of Google Drive."

What do you like best?

It is excellent Software, since they have access at any time and time, you can upload and download files and information on the network, it has space of up to 1 gigabit of all types of files, it has a translator included with 53 languages, it does not depend on a computer, since you have everything in your email account on the internet.

What do you dislike?

People can see the pages you use, the user is not safe if you do not create a good password to protect it, the use of the internet is mandatory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Installing Google Drive on your terminal is very simple:

Access the Play Store or App Store from your mobile launcher.

Find the application and click Install.

Go back to the launcher, locate the application and open it.

Create an account if you do not have it or access with your gmail to synchronize all your devices.

Once this is done, you can import, upload and save the files you want.

With these simple steps you will already have a good amount of files available to work with from anywhere.

With Google Drive you can store and share any type of files in the cloud, that is, you have the opportunity to upload all types of material in different formats to your own virtual hard disk and access it from any other place provided you have Internet, without occupying any space on your mobile or device.

Google Drive review by valentina l.
valentina l.

"The cloud storage system, where I can create, share and save my files on the network through google."

What do you like best?

I like that it comes included with my Gmail account. Through your cloud storage system I can save any type of document. Presentations, music, photos, videos, shared files, shared folders, etc. It is easy to access because the account is completely free and has a lot of space. It is easy to organize your files and you can share files with a link without having to share the folder (as in Dropbox).

What do you dislike?

Well it could be said that the speed in the loading and unloading, when millions of users are loading and unloading together, the speed will slow down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend google drive mainly to students, it is a very useful sister since you can access your files from any of your devices, being able to edit and modify your documents, as well as view photos and videos or listen to the music that has been saved; anywhere at any time only with internet access. I recommend it a lot!

To be able to access Google Drive and access my files at any time and anywhere, as long as I have my lapto or device at hand with the network, since it can be accessed with several devices, such as PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices. This is very important at the time I need to download some information for a client or at the university some work to deliver.

Google Drive review by Eliane D.
Eliane D.

"Google drive is so useful!"

What do you like best?

I love having access to all my documents everywhere I go. It makes it easy to manage and share with all the people in my team. The app is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

You have to accept any changes made into the Google drive (move a file) so it makes it that if you don't accept the change made, then your whole google drive won't sync. You can obviously change that setting, but it took us a long time to figure it out. The customer service is almost non-existent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google drive, because almost everybody has a gmail and it is nice to have everything group together. It is easy to use and once it is set up properly, it really makes a difference in a business.

We made it easier to update any documents and share it in an instant.

Google Drive review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Information at hand"

What do you like best?

Excellent application, I can access all my files anywhere I am from Pc's, Mobile, Laptop, Table and with any operating system and browser, since this program can be used by all. I can also share work files to be reviewed and corrected by others in real time. I can have useful documentation to use at any time I have it. The whole family can use the information, since it can allow access to the files through permissions, such as: reading, writing.

At the business level it would be very useful, since you could work projects at distances and keep all your members informed. These could coregir and contribute ideas with files of shared texts and thus not have to carry documents over from one place to another.

What do you dislike?

You can not have the google directory for multiple users on a single computer. You must have internet service with a lot of speed to exchange information instantly. Your document viewer does not maintain the format of similar schedules.

I have been able to have important documents that I do not have in physical to carry out any procedure, be it financial or administrative.

Google Drive review by Joselin R. P.
Joselin R. P.

"Google drive is a good alternative to create, edit and save files safely and free."

What do you like best?

I use google drive frequently, my experience has been really good. I can create, access and share my files easily and from any device, it also allows me to work collaboratively with other users in the same file, it's amazing.

What do you dislike?

In general, I think that Google Drive works quite well, the only thing I do not like is that when loading or downloading documents, its speed is very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To get more security when using google drive, I recommend using a virtual safe in the cloud that allows you to encrypt the files before sending them to the cloud.

Google drive makes teamwork easier, its tools and functionalities are very versatile and useful. It is a tool that has allowed me to increase my productivity and best of all is that it is free.

Google Drive review by Dominique B.
Dominique B.

"Pretty decent!"

What do you like best?

This is much more intuitive than I find Dropbox. Making shared folders for multiple team members to access all information and form submissions is a snap. Graphics for promotional purposes are easily kept consistent due to being able to send and upload PSD files to the folders. Many filetypes are permitted.

What do you dislike?

Previewing documents such as PDF or docx is not always as clear as it could be. It would be nice to integrate a large file preview, as well as some kind of quicker upload for large files such as promotional footage and INDD proofs for publication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself with the acceptable file formats and make sure to share the project folder with your entire team. Make pasta while you upload a 30 second video, you'll be waiting a while.

The benefits are primarily based on the fact that it's free and adding people to your shared folders for ease of communication is incredibly simple. The drawback is again with the lack of ease regarding large files.

Google Drive review by Sandy L.
Sandy L.

"Anywhere, anytime I can access to my data"

What do you like best?

I like the option save or print your file on google drive while using Google Chrome

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way files are being in sync

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nowadays the leader in the cloud in google, if you are looking for the security of data you have to choose Google Drive.

I use google drive to make a daily backup of the server for storing sensitive data. With Google drive, we are able to work on a file in real time and t.ogether. No headache for disk crash and losing data. While my boss is out of the country the information is available on time and no need to be connected to the data center.No worries for viruses, if a file affected it won't be uploaded to the Drive. Everything is secure and protected. No problem to share big data with anybody in the world. I have a colleague living in Canada and I work with him while I am working in my office in Chile, we work through a database for Quickbooks and it works fine. We just set up an email for that. Our life is much better and whatever the extension a file is we can share it with it and this is what we are facing every day, a different type of file to work on. I think for my little workspace I don't think I need a Nas or server to do the job while Google is the key answer to my problem.

Google Drive review by Roberto Carlos D.
Roberto Carlos D.

"Since I met Google Drive I have not stopped using it. It is really very good."

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is that you can generate documents in different formats and save them automatically in the cloud. It has quite clear classifications and also has add-ons that help to customize the app to your liking and demand. It has good storage capacity. I like very much.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any complaints about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you have done a great job with this app. I do not have a deep recommendation, really. The only advisable thing is to make it a little more attractive and expand its advertising.

The biggest benefit I get from this app is that I can save everything in the cloud in a very organized way. This allows me to have access whenever I want from anywhere. I can have access to some documents, including, without connection. In the case of work, we can share any type of content and document and each person can contribute and collaborate to generate a unique document. It's great that you can generate access permissions, for example: if you want only colleagues to read the document, or choose who can edit and comment. It's that great and truly very last.

Google Drive review by Manuel A.
Manuel A.

"Best cloud drive in the market"

What do you like best?

The first great feature google drive has is that it provides 15GB freely which is more than enough for most users. Also with Drive there is no need to save documents, since the connection is frequently refreshed. Plus google drive works on almost every smartphone no matter of the operative system so switching from devices is really comfortable.

What do you dislike?

In some cases relying on an internet connection is a great limitation, so I would highly advice taking caution when in the need to submit clients documents in those scenarios. Also is a bit pricey when compared to other similar softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One thing I wouldn't recommend is saving security sensitive information such as bank information, since there is always the possibility that hacking occurs

In our business we use google drive while sharing information mostly when not in the office, since we don't need to rely on flash drives, so when in clients offices we just download our documents and submit them, it saves a lot of money in that regard.

Google Drive review by Ishan P.
Ishan P.

"Google Drive | File Storage & Sharing"

What do you like best?

We can carry digital documents and access it anywhere using Google Drive. The syncing app in Android and desktop is very useful. As we can even have offline access to any file whenever we want while travelling where we might not have good internet access.

What do you dislike?

Making groups and then sharing files with those group of people feature is not present. Else, everything else is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. Use it with your team. It provides even 15 GB free

Being able to edit files together in live mode along with the team is just excellent productivity hack that is provided by Google Drive. Following shared files feature is awesome, as it sends us notifications when the file is updated by any other member. Also, as it is Google, it is fully safe from hackers and thus no internal data is compromised to people outside the organization.

Google Drive review by Titouan G.
Titouan G.

"Sharing your files without any extra cost"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is a service from Google company wich allows us to store files on an other place than on our hardware. As we don't need a minimum configuration to use this service, it is very easy to use it. To drop a file, jsut click on it and release in the Google Drive window. This service is free at the beginning, when you have less than 15GB to put on your Drive. Flexibility and diversity of uses are the main qualities of this service from Google. It is free, in a major times of use. You also may use this services to create online presentation and share it. It is a very good aspect. You will not have any problem of compatibility to do presentations without the software that you used to do it such as Microsoft Office products (.ppt .docx and so on files).

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as good as the web version and not so useful. Personnaly, I don't need to manage my online files from my mobile and it is not possible to edit one if you did it with an other software. I am not really disapointed because the use of this service is free, while you have an active Google account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommand to change the mobile app to be able to edit a major part of the files.

The possibility to share and follow the files shared is awesome.

Google Drive review by Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.

"Collaboration Done Right"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share links with team members, friends, and family. I like that my entire document file is stored in GDrive and "sync'ed" with my laptop hard drive. However, I can access 100% of my GDrive from any internet connection including my iphone, ipad, PC terminals using Chrome browser, etc.

What do you dislike?

The link addresses for folders and documents can be quite long and ugly in email. I find myself often "hyperlinking" text within an email, website, etc when referencing anything in my GDrive--I wish there was a goo.gle "bit.ly" style link shortening option available and custom URL options like goog.le/taxes - or something like that. And it seems like a small issue but in Google Spreadsheets I'm only able to insert a photo rather than copy/paste one in sometimes. I'm bummed I'll soon have to pay given my amount of data consumed. I'm also bummed that there is no easy encryption offering and there is not a good "Security reputation" for items saved and shared in GDrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Collaboration, Records Keeping, and simple effective document management. Use Offline-mode so you won't be stuck presenting a Presentation without internet. You'll never look at collaboration the same again until you've co-built a Spreadsheet with someone remotely while over the phone (skype, facetime, etc). Screensharing is SO SLOW on slower connections, and leads to poor VOIP experiences. Skip screenshare all together and have others follow along with a link to your Google Drive item. Have clients/teammate, whomever, leave Comments on your documents to enhance the experience. Oh, and have you tried hyper-linking your Table of Contents in Google Documents yet? It's a perfectly implemented feature.

I'm solving every business and personal problem with Google Drive. What happens if my laptop is stolen? I use "FindmyIPhone" and I wipe it, update some passwords, and otherwise, business as usual as long as I have access to a Chrome Browser to navigate to drive.google.com! I'm self-employed with various clients (about 100) - so I use Google Drive for both purposes seamlessly. I collaborate with outsource team mates and virtual assistants, I save all records - it's great.

Google Drive review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like that we can host and share documents all in one place. You can update in real-time and things can be easily shared among different team members. Gives you options to organize information within spreadsheets and to create folders with permissions. This makes volunteer management so smoother if your volunteers change frequently. All the documents that are needed from year to year can easily be stored here and shared with new chairs.

What do you dislike?

Google Drive for government agency's, educational institutions, etc. is a commonly blocked software, I have tried to utilize this to keep board members informed but not every can access things from their work environments. Given that I work with volunteers this makes planning difficult. If you have multiple gmail accounts, sometimes getting access to things can be a bit tricky, ensuring that your volunteers are sharing the information with the correct email is important. I have a main email that I use and my clients know this email and often times share files with me through that email, unfortunately it is not the gmail and then I have to request permission from the alternate email, which takes time that I don't always have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for housing and sharing documents. If you are looking for a way to house documents without the price tag, then Google Drive is for you. If you work with volunteers and need a place to set-up committees where information can be shared and updated in real time, this product is the perfect solution.

A free option to coordinate document sharing and housing of important information in a "cloud" type of environment. With the changing technology, housing all a clients documents on one person's computer can prove detrimental if they are lost, this gives an alternative to housing historical information in a place where anyone can access things at any time.

Google Drive review by Melissa Z.
Melissa Z.

"What's Not to Love? "

What do you like best?

Accessibility is by far the best feature of Google Drive. I house most of my documents on Drive for both my full-time day job and my small LLC. I can upload, store, organize, add, or edit documents from just about anywhere. I often just pull things up on my phone when I'm on the run and need to reference something. Usually this kind of accessibility means that security is lacking, but I've never lost a document or dealt with any kind of cybersecurity issue. Everything feels very safe housed on Drive.

What do you dislike?

If I'm somewhere that doesn't have a top-notch internet connection, it can take a minute or two for my documents to full load. This isn't a big issue but it does slow me down occasionally. If you're impatient, this may irk you.

I write and edit for a living, so I'm constantly sharing documents with my writing team, clients, colleagues, etc. Being able to have a single living version that's backed up online and easily accessed by all parties is a huge time-saver for me.

Google Drive review by Louise M.
Louise M.

"Absolutely love it!"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place. There is so much storage space. I can access my Drive from anywhere that there is an internet connection, across multiple devices. A clean, clear, and easy-to-navigate user interface is always at the top of my list of priorities when it comes to software, and Google Drive has just that! I can easily organize documents, files, etc into folders to keep everything in the right place.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, in particular, comes to mind when I think about what I might dislike about this product. Yes, I can confidently say that there is absolutely nothing I dislike about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. You will not look back. You will use it even more than you think you will.

Google Drive makes it incredibly easy for me to share information with my colleagues and students. Ease of access to shared folders makes for quick and easy communication between individuals working on the same projects. Again, everybody's input in one place where it is easy to see the "big picture" with all contributions in the same display.

Google Drive review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Best Cloud Document Solution"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my documents from anywhere and no need for a VPN or to dial into a network. I also like that its easy to collaborate with team members since we're on a distributed team. I really like that you can make edits even after you've shared it with someone.

I also like that it seamlessly integrates with your desktop so that files can be synced from your desktop to your google drive. This saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

Viewing on mobile can be difficult. When people send me a doc type thats not supported it can be difficult to change that document into an editable document type. Sometime people don't use google docs and therefore don't know how to open docs shared with them. If multiple people are editing a doc it can be difficult to see who made the changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Google Drive because it makes everyones life more productive and it also makes any sort of remote work much easier. Collaboration is super easy and sharing documents that can be constantly updated and knowing everyone has the latest version is a huge plus. If you use gmail, its even easier to attach documents directly from your google drive.

Ability to collaborate with teams who are all over the world. One place to find all documents. Our processes are much more streamlined and its easy to find important documentation.

Google Drive review by Osman Fikret C.
Osman Fikret C.

"This is one of the best cloud services in the world!"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is fast & reliable cloud platform. Also, Google Drive's pricing is the one of the cheapest that I know. I am using Google Drive for very long time and I am a very happy customer to have it. I can reach all of my files from any device platform. Easily download and upload my files or manage them, also sharing them with someone. These are very good benefits.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Google Drive platform. I am suggesting it to everyone that someone needs cloud platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable platform and also you have a low budget then you need to give a try to Google Drive. You will not regret to use it. They support all devices and u can reach your files always.

I share my files with people that I need to share. Store my photos, files, media, and documents easily. I can reach my files from mobile and I don't need to download all of my files to the mobile. When I need a file it shows its thumbnail then if I click on it, downloads automatically. This feature uses data plan at minimum on the mobile phone.

Google Drive review by Shaun E.
Shaun E.

"Google Drive - Better Than One Drive"

What do you like best?

Google Drive, not only do you get unlimited storage (enterprise account) but Google Drive links in with all the other Google products. Not only is it easy to store, Microsoft Word and Excel documents (to name a few) on Google Drive, but you can also open them from Google Drive directly. There is no need to be switching between multiple pieces of software, everything works from one place! You also have the ability to convert some of the popular Microsoft formats so they can be used in Sheets, Docs ect. This allows sharing and multiple collaborations. Another very useful feature from a business perspective is the fact you can share folders, this means all the documents with this folder can also be viewed by the selected users. This saves masses of time over sharing each document individually! Google Drive, like many other Google products can be accessed from either Google Chrome or an app on multiple devices! This means stored data can be downloaded, if necessary while away from the computer! Not to mention you have a backup if all your physical documents were to be erased! finally, the ability to star documents makes it easy to view those documents required for everyday use.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally experience a glitch where I cannot move documents to a folder first time (by dragging and dropping), but this does not really affect productivity as it tends to work second time round.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Migrate all Microsoft documents into Google Drive!

Sharing folders from Google Drive is a must! This means Sales teams, Management ect can share all relevant documents from one place!

Google Drive review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"I use Google Drive almost everyday and it makes my job significantly easier!"

What do you like best?

The sharing features of Google Drive are amongst the most beneficial. The program that I work for is a remote organization and most of my colleagues work in different sites across the Los Angeles area. It is immensely helpful to be able to share documents with them and work on them simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

I have experienced some glitches with the mobile version of Google Drive. Other than that I have no complaints about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you require or strongly encourage all employees to use Google Drive. The product becomes exponentially beneficial when everyone is on board. If some people are using Dropbox or other similar products, the features lose their value.

By using Google Drive, my program is able to make a large organization with members spread across the region feel small and connected. Additionally, from an individual standpoint it is incredibly useful to be able to start a document or slideshow from my work computer and continue it while working at home or offsite the next day.

Google Drive review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Review of Google Drive"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is perfect for backing up the photos and videos that I capture on my cell phone. There are other features for document sharing and storage that are useful, but the overall backup of content on my cell phone is the best feature personally. Having lost cell phones in the past, and therefore losing all content on them, the ability of Google Drive to take this worry away is great. I also like how Google Drive allows me to share content with others directly through Google. Rather than having to create new emails or post on different media outlets, I can share content easily in the same platform.

What do you dislike?

The one issue I've had with Google Drive that frustrated me was switching to a new device. When I purchased and activated my new device, there were immediately issues with uploading and ensuring my content was uploaded. I had to adjust my settings, then uninstall and install Google Drive again to get it working properly. I also think that it is not easy to interact and share content with people who do not actively use Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free so try it out and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Google Drive frees up storage space and backs up your content easily.

I've solved my file management and backup issues prior to being able to store things in the cloud. I have also had less issues with reaching my storage capacity on my devices and computer because large files are now stored in the cloud. This has led to speed increases on my devices and therefore more efficient use. Faster devices creates more output and general enjoyment while operating a device.

Google Drive review by Nivida S.
Nivida S.

" Organize your business information and your personal information in a shared space"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Google Drive is that We can define what users can or not install the file synchronization program on their computers. Also that administrators can review the actions that each user has made such as moving, deleting or sharing a file inside or outside the organization and that the files in Drive are encrypted, even from the devices to Google and during their transit between the storage centers, but also when they are stored in the servers of Google; this guarantees the security and inviolability of your information¨s secret

What do you dislike?

Google has a worldwide license to share content through these means. Although 120 USD per user per year may seem fair, it is a high cost especially for the medium-sized company that occupies a considerable number of jobs and that Google Drive offers 15GB of free storage or 100GB for 1.99 dollars per month, but what does not inform the user is that this capacity is distributed among applications linked to Google, such as Gmail, Google+ and Drive, that is, said total storage capacity is not only for Google Drive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Google Drive not only for work but also for school and for your personal affairs. Google Drive is a tool that ensures access to your information from wherever you are and no matter where you open the computer, it allows you to create documents to share with your work team or with your colleagues and friends, where everyone can collaborate simultaneously and best of all, it does not allow the creation of different versions of the same file. I recommend it to you.

Help with secure storage regardless of what happens to the original device since the files are stored on Google servers; Create or modify documents and presentations in collaboration with other people

It has a scanning function (Android app) that allows all the documents that are in paper format to be transferred to the device.

Google Drive review by Sohayla R.
Sohayla R.

"Online storage and workspace"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is FANTASTIC for content storage and sharing. This Google function has made my life immensely easy as I can upload any document I want for remote use. I can easily access my files anywhere. Likewise, this space allows users to organize content as they like. I can create folders if I prefer or leave documents independent. Any of these can be shared with any person or group. I like the function that allows the user to select if others can edit or view the content, which is reassuring so that content cannot be changed unless a user specifically wants changes to be made. Finally, the search function via the "files shared with me" are great. I often have a lot of content with other users as the content originators. This allows me to easily navigate and use files made by others which I may not otherwise readily save.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed that this platform uses a lot of data and energy when accessed via the mobile app. It can be draining to the cell phone. This can take away from the drive's strength in allowing users to access content remotely and at any point they require. Likewise, I have had some difficulty making edits to my documents on the mobile app and additional plugins are required for the drive to function.

The drive allows for the sharing of very large data with other users. Likewise with the editing function allowed, others can upload their content as well. This allows for large group collaboration. Above all, it allows for old data to be left online, thus helping new teams look back at content for their work in the future.

Google Drive review by Isabel H.
Isabel H.

"La opciĂłn perfecta para almacenamiento extra"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta que permite compartir archivos de una manera muy sencilla, permitiendo mantener todo organizado en carpetas. Solo necesitas tener internet para acceder a tus archivos, que por su peso no puedes mantener en el correo, lo que facilita mucho cuando tienes reuniones fuera de la ciudad, evitando el uso de disco duros externos, por ejemplo. Además, permite que tengas el control de quien ve o no determinada información, eso me gusta.

What do you dislike?

Lo que mas me ha disgustado de Google Drive es su velocidad para subir y descargar informaciĂłn. Del resto me siento muy satisfecha con las bondades que brinda.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo ampliamente el uso de google drive para grupos pequeños. Es muy sencillo de utilizar. Almacena información de gran tamaño, al alcance de todas las personas que tu requieras y con solo disponer de acceso a internet.

Fue muy útil para intercambiar información con un equipo de trabajo que se encontraba en otra región del país y se nos dificultaba hacer reuniones constantes. Decidimos que la mejor manera de compartir los avances en el trabajo era a través de Google Drive, obteniendo los resultados esperados y optimizando los recursos.

Google Drive review by Frederick K.
Frederick K.

"Accessible anywhere is key featurenecdte d"

What do you like best?

As the title says, I like being able to never stress over files I deleted or sent an email and forgot to attach the file because I know my docs are always there and I can quickly pull up anything a customer asks about. I'm always prepared. Like a boy scout.

What do you dislike?

Limited space and picture files save at a reduced size in Google Photos, so I have to save in my Drive if I need high quality copies, but this fills up the space making this a supplement to my image cloud provider. I would use Google, but it's just not an option for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it because it's free. If you have a Gmail account, you already have a drive. Set it up so you can share files with other Gmail users because Gmail is the universal email

Efficient answers to client inquiries... Samples that are relavant to whatever needs arise. Makes our company look good when we don't have to say, "I'll have to get back to you." Customer service and client retention are the business problems we're solving by using Google Drive.

Google Drive review by JUAN FRANCISCO R.
JUAN FRANCISCO R.

"totalmente recomendable para compartir datos, mĂşsica o cualquier archivo"

What do you like best?

una genial forma de transmitir, enviar y recibir datos empresas o particulares, puedes enviar pdf, documentos, canciones o cualquier dato que puedas necesitar

What do you dislike?

facilidad de uso y rapidez, conexion desde donde estés, el problema es si no tienes internet no es posible acceder a la página o a la aplicación

Recommendations to others considering the product

perfecto, fácil de usar, para cualquier nivel de conocimientos de internet o informática, es fácil de usar una vez prendido como se usa, automáticamente puedes subir archivos sin tener que entrar en la aplicación, teniendo así una facilidad de envio de fotos y datos automáticos.

la mayor problema es si no tienes cobertura de internet , la aplicación o la página no funciona sólo en modo interno en el cual debes tener tus datos con lo cual no sería ni necesario .

Google Drive review by raquel m.
raquel m.

"excellent storage program"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is an application that allows us to store a large number of documents, the best part of which is that it is a program that we use not only for our companies, but also for our daily use, since the application can also be managed. using your smart device helping the storage capacity of the smartphone or computer, facilitating the use and sharing of not only images but also videos and files. I like to see the resemblance to an emergency box because having the information backed here you can be sure that whatever happens you will have this little tool to save your life ...

What do you dislike?

With this program can present certain complications which can make you doubt a bit of your service, however the benefits are greater when taking it compared to I must say in principle that I do not like that the program works exclusively with the internet thus limiting our information unique and exclusive for the moment of connection, if the document to work has several editors it can be eliminated by one of them and finally is that other people can see the images created by you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

download it in any device that can because it will make life easier

In this technological age, communication via satellite or telephone is part of everyday life. This is why the use of this tool facilitates these communications since it allows you to share, edit and present an idea or a document in real time. or image from anywhere in the world.

Google Drive review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"Easy & Reliable, But Painful for Sharing outside of your Organisation"

What do you like best?

It’s a free, or cheap (depending on storage requirements) way in which to store and retrieve data over a long period of time.

The UX is intuitive: it’s easy to upload files, move around files as well as download them. In terms of sharing, possible to share with a restricted list of email addresses or with a shareable link.

When sending large files over Google Mail you’re prompted to use Google Drive instead, it’s a better alternative than providing no solution at all.

Subscription to Google Drive is possible on an annual or monthly basis.

What do you dislike?

On a subscription to Google Mail you are provided with additional storage space, which I like.

However, if you’re using an organisational email the sharing functionality with a link is limited to sharing with just your organisation, which if you’re a contractor working for other firms is a bit annoying. It means that you have to add each email address that you wish to share with the organisation manually, the email addresses that the organisations have to access Google functions are not always predictable.

It’s not possible to download directly from an FTP or S3 bucket directly from the interface to transfer into your Google drive.

It is not possible to use an organisational account to expand a free accounts Google Drive storage, they’re treated separately.

Whilst Google provides an easy to use drive facility, if you’re in an organisation that doesn’t make use of a Google technology stack, you might be better off with Microsoft One Drive, Dropbox or Amazon’s Elastic File Storage.

Google Drive review by Ayush M.
Ayush M.

"Collaborating and communication Tools"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, Google drive is best for sharing documents to the organization. It also integrate the google docs where every team members work at the same time in the single document. This is one of the best features in the google docs. Apart from that Google Drive has 15GB storage which is enough for the documents. They also have the Google photos option which are sync on your mobile phone. They can upload your photos as a backup on the Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like, there is no security option over there. I hope, In future they will implement like encryption in the documents. For now, I don't like security even they also provided two factor authentication but this is not enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google drive is good for the client prospective. If you have a project and you want to share the information and documentary of the project, then the google drive is the best option for that. And One more thing I would suggest, I am using google drive to backup of my Mobile phone photo. Google Drive attached with the Google photos, sometimes I deleted the photo from the phone but it has the backup in the google drive.

I can easily communicate with the client using Google Docs and Google Drive. I shared the projects documents through Google Drive to the client. Sometimes client is using other drives but I suggest that to use Google Drive for better documentation.

Google Drive review by Douglas C.
Douglas C.

"Hard to believe it is free"

What do you like best?

There is much to like and very little to dislike. Drive comes with an incredible amount of free storage and is easy to organize your documents as well as share them for collaboration (including live collaboration). You can import local documents into Drive and Drive will read them and let you view/edit them, including from Microsoft Office products.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much to dislike, and my only frustrations have been with the Android apps - it is often hard to view/edit the Sheets on an Android device.

I use my Google Drive for a variety of tasks. I keep my personal monthly budget on Drive, and I collaborate with others on draft documents. I will use the built-in Sheets and Docs for a variety of reasons, especially on my phone - working on drafts being a big one. Some are months or years old now, but being able to keep them in storage and accessible so that when I have the urge to view or update or edit one, I can do it nearly immediately.

Google Drive review by Johnpaul S.
Johnpaul S.

"The best cloud option on the market"

What do you like best?

With large amounts of space at a minimal cost and wide range of compatibility amongst the various products I own what is there not to love. I have used three different cloud services for my photography studio and within a month I narrowed it down to Google Drive. Why? The cost to data size ratio is amazing, unlike Dropbox the customer service is accessible, many users already have a gmail address and it makes it easier for them to sync files to there computer.

What do you dislike?

I wish the I could see the names of the people whom I shared the folder/files without going into each individual folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait make the jump already.

I store all my clients photos on both Google drive as well as a physical hard drive. The cloud based backup gives me piece of mind that if my hard drive should fail I have a backup.

Google Drive review by Vittorio C.
Vittorio C.

"You can't just pass up 15Gb of online storage for free!!"

What do you like best?

15Gb of free storage for files etc. is great! the google interface as always is notoriously easy to learn and use. The integration that Google allows for access to your files on multiple kinds of devices and services is exactly what you'd expect from a software from Google.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that you can knock when it comes to Google Drive. A whole lot of companies and services, devices and hardware all allow you to reach your drive location when appropriate. Its really a great service at the free level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think google allows up more storage depending on how many other users you get to join. I may be mistaken by this, some of the cloud storage providers do this.

Access anywhere due to cloud architecture is great for some of my files. I have a NAS setup at home, but having some of my items hosted on a few different access points allows me to have yet another level of redundancy for backup.

Google Drive review by Allison T.
Allison T.

"Google drive is the best backup service right now!"

What do you like best?

I use google drive for both personal backup and business. So I can say I like it and the part I like the most is the reliability of the applications the desktop app and the mobile apps on both iOS and Android. Being google and this being a core app you expect this and they deliver. I know when I dump a file into my synced folder that it will be synced with no issue.

What do you dislike?

On Windows 10 to get to the admin you have to right click on the taskbar icon then click the 3 dots to get to the menu. With notifications in Windows 10, the menu can sometimes be hard to get to. The setting menu needs to be easier to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a cost-effective and easy to use backup and file storage that has an easy and affordable upgrade path. Google Drive is the service for you!

At work, I use it to work on files at home as if we were on a shared VPN. My clients, I have set up to use it like it for the cost and the ability to back up pictures easy or even personal files that need to be backed up for others to access. Throw in the cost for 100gb or 1Tb is very reasonable.

Google Drive review by John H.
John H.

"Don't let "Google Drive" you nuts!"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is highly reliable as a cloud-based server. I find it easy to access and share project files with others in a mostly organized way. One of the perks is Google Drive's handling of permissions which runs the full gamut of who can see, view, and edit files.

In addition to sharing project files, I find it essential for multiple and on the go access to my files— for printing, presentions, and other needs. Particularly helpful when traveling and I only have access to a mobile phone or Ipad. Drive is solidly compatible with these devices. And compatible with most software, however, Google often wants to inseert Google friendly apps and software to handle particular file types. It's something I do not like.

I frequently use Drive to temporary end of day work back-up — or if I'm working on something complicated and involved I'll create temporary back-ups, the extra backup off-site provides me with additional piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

User experience

I feel the interface could be more visually intuitive, One issue I often run into is finding I need to backtrack to confirm I've arrived at the correct task or file version and not one that exists with similar visual weight. It seems this is something easily addressed with a user-friendly visual hierarchy.

An issue that stands out concerns notification and file permissions granting for sharing with others. Several approaches are available to provide access to files and folders. This includes a public link that can be copied and shared, the other is a link specific to the recipient. These generate emails with links and invite to share.

I've experienced problems with both more than a few times. Often team members report finding it confusing. The problem is with links not working making it unable to grant access and is resolved after a couple of "back and forth" volleys.

Copying Files

Drive transfers are much slower than what is expected. Something to consider when copying large files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out BaseCamp for project content management sharing files and tasks with the team - since it's been redesigned the interface presents a much more rich and intuitive user experience and BaseCamp's focus centers around communication, and the very important, old CYA work rule!

Drive benefits for me start with easily providing file access to select team members and organizing project files are key features I use often. I also like the idea of throwing files on to the drive that I can access from anyplace and on any device.

Google Drive review by Damian K.
Damian K.

"SO you're trying to replace Dropbox, eh? Good for you!"

What do you like best?

I love that you have Google Drive if you have a GMail account. That is HANDY. I like that google is leveraging its enormous server-sides strengths to make a dropbox competitor that is really very, very good.

What do you dislike?

It may seem like whining, I admit, but since I already pay for dropbox, I'd really like WAY WAY WAY more storage for WAY WAY LESS from Google. I know it may be a little irrational, but i'd like, say, 50 TB of space for like $5 a year.

OH, I dislike Google Drive's backup option. It' muddies the metaphor, i think.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you essentially get what you pay for. Creating easily shareable public links of anything in your drive is very easy. That's a big plus. Also, you can set it up like dropbox; constantly monitoring your local drive folder for changes and uploading it. You can sync only certain files and folders. Very handy. You can also set it up as a sort of cloud based, but attached drive to store files in the cloud and NOT locally, which I find very handy.

I've also tried the backup service.

HATED it. Beware of it. It kind of muddies the metaphor; in your drive you'll see a lot of debris and nonsense sounding sync-files that kind of, well, look and feel bad. Just watch out.

Hosting large files is really easy with Google Drive. Making and keeping Google Docs is just as easy. You don't have to worry about losing them either. Drive keeps everything until you tell it to git.

Google Drive review by Claire W.
Claire W.

"Easy to Use, Trustworthy"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Google Drive is the ease of use and the accessibility you have on mobile. My job *heavily* relies on Google Drive and when I am traveling or not near a computer, it is easy for me to use my phone to access Drive and link whatever I need into Slack. As a project manager, it is my job to make sure everything is organized well for my team and Google Drive makes that extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

There have not been very many updates to the online version (not mobile) since I've been using it for the past couple years. Seeing some updates, even in design, would be nice.

Sharing of documents across teams, collaborative working, organized folders and spaces for each team, aka Google Drive is a life-saver for my team, we 100% rely on it every day.

Google Drive review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Great collaboration suite"

What do you like best?

Drive is now becoming ubiquitous and the standard. So easy to use and share information. Great for sharing not only source files, but documents as well that can be edited, changes tracked, multiple versions, advanced sharing features, etc. Link sharing is the best feature. Support is mostly chat based, but resolved issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to get used to how docs works, and how sharing works, esp. in an organization. Some features are slot to come. Support is non-existent (besides forums) if you are not using the apps suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using google drive for organizations. Many controls to ensure sharing and confidential information stays that way. Can use vault to keep files as needed for retention policy. Storage is shared among other google services. Can use the new team drives feature as well, which is great. When a user leaves the org can transfer ownership of files so nothing is lost!

Sharing large files and version control among many people across the country or world.

Google Drive review by Ameer K.
Ameer K.

"The cloud of choice"

What do you like best?

Google Drive has a relatively easy to navigate file storage system, as well as easy to use sharing capabilities. It's not as versatile as Dropbox, nor as quick, but it does get the job done quite well.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't sync properly when using on local linux machines, unlike Dropbox! Also, syncing institutional accounts that require 2-factor authentification can be a hassle that doesn't work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Dropbox as well. See which one better fits your needs. I have found Dropbox to be better with syncing files across multiple devices personally, but Drive to be better for a collaborative work environment.

We have worked on many projects collaboratively and been able to share and work on the same doc remotely in real time, which is the biggest major benefit. We have also been able to hold other team members accountable, which has been useful.

Google Drive review by Kelsey A.
Kelsey A.

"Great Tool for Office Use"

What do you like best?

This program makes it incredibly easy to share and collaborate on documents within offices. We work with employees who cannot use flash drives, and this provides a way for us to share documents with them so they can see, edit, and collaborate with us on the projects without having to burn everything to a disc.

What do you dislike?

Overall I do not dislike anything. I think the program offers a lot of options to everyone using the it. I think it would be helpful to allow more storage space for individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is amazing and I would highly recommend it to students, organizations, and companies to use for office collaboration.

Google Drive allows documents to be shared with many individuals through an office environment. This makes it easy to collaborate on assignments, tasks, or projects without having to send the other people updated versions of the document because it updates as you work on it on Google Drive.

Google Drive review by Marissa K.
Marissa K.

"Best product I could recommend"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is my go-to site for holding all the information I need access to -- both on a regular basis and for saved files. I like that it is constantly updated and backed up so I don't have to worry about actually backing up my computer. There is more space than I could ever actually use, and it's really convenient for sharing files, making folders/subfolders, etc

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike. Maybe an easier way to edit documents in the Google Drive app

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great but maybe not as professional and secure as some other options used for document storing.

At work, we use Google Drive to update our schedules since it's a document everyone can have access to, and it is updating instantly, all the time. It is also nice that people can update it at the same time, and we don't have to worry about version control.

Google Drive review by Jaime C.
Jaime C.

"Great way to store and share files!"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ease of moving data in and out of the application. The fact that you can not only sync and access files from multiple devices (like my computer's desktop!), as well as uploading individual files, or just creating new content, is fantastic. The files are easy to share between accounts, making collaborating a breeze. It's great to be able to access my Drive so many ways, too - through web, device, or as a synced folder on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for how Google Photos integrates with Google Drive. The folder on my computer is clunky feeling, and feels mismatched with the rest of the features the program has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A gmail account isn't required to use Google Drive. A Google account can be created for virtually any email address.

Google Drive gives me an easy way to share files with my clients, and organize my own data. Being easy to use keep everyone happy as we troubleshoot and collaborate, and lets us focus on the issue at hand.

Google Drive review by Erica R.
Erica R.

"Great Tool For Keeping Small Business Organized"

What do you like best?

I love the array of different tools Google Drive provides for FREE plus their ease of use, functionality, sharability and security. Google really changed the game with Google Drive - my company uses this from billing processes/reconciliations to documentation and everything in between.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I've had in the past is that Google Drive does have some security limitations. You can grant access to edit by cell only by row/column and overall its a little weary to store sensitive information on a cloud serving platform like this. However, for everything else it works wonders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google Drive for your business as a way to share deliverables with clients, internally and allow edits to be made from both parties. Additionally its a great place to use as a company knowledgebase and keep track of processes and reports.

We are using Google Drive to share notes both internally and externally after meetings, create client facing interactive workbooks that can be updated in real-time to give the client real-time information about their campaigns (in a marketing sense), to keep record of internal process, and reconcile accounts.

Google Drive review by Kenzie C.
Kenzie C.

"Love google drive "

What do you like best?

Great online storage and back up services. Overall performance and upload speed is excellent. Can access anywhere -- even on mobile. 2 step verification is great. Uploading files is fairly easy. A hacker cannot get into your files, even with a password. Upload speed is better than download speed. For right around few cents you can get 100GB of storage. Easily transfer, move, and share files. Easy to use for collaboration and working on the same files. From the free version all the way up to business versions, I've used them all and love it. The best part of sharing collaborative documents is that it time stamps every change and edit.

What do you dislike?

File security is a minor concern. Download speed is a bit slower...I give that a B.

There are some learning curves. A few basic features are missing in each of the products that are found in comparable products, and embedding media could always be easier. The interface is a little clunky at times. This is true of most Google applications but once you've used one or two, you quickly learn to navigate the applications.

My only complaint is that the data storage above 15GB costs high. But the cost of storing 1TB of data per year is approximately the cost of a portable USB storage device with the same memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using google drive

Syncing everyones files, keeping track of everyone maintaining them.

Google Drive review by Fernando HĂ©ctor M.
Fernando HĂ©ctor M.

"When the cloud actually can bring you to the sky"

What do you like best?

There is a nice amount of space available without cost, being able to upload folders without needing to compress in advance, the sharing options are extremely useful and the integration with other Google tools.

Something I should add is that it has integration with other add-ons, however I have never felt the need to use the,.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I wish there were available, like being able to extract .zip files instead of just checking the file or as a folder download option and some options which are becoming common are still not compatible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Drive is a surprisingly complete service that has became a vital part of my workflow, and if you are looking for something that allows not only to host files but also read or even edit, I simply can't recommend something else from this.

I have been using Google Drive as a way to host and share files online, and thanks to the integration of other tools from the company, I have been able to also open and edit the uploaded files online which allows for flexibility when it comes to working anywhere.

Google Drive review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Quick and Easy access to files on any device; plus great for backups!"

What do you like best?

I like two things about Google Drive.

The first is the ease of being able to access my documents from my desktop, laptop or cell phone and can make changes or updates that are saved back to the Google Drive cloud.

The second is the ability to automatically sync files to the Google Drive cloud to keep backups of important items. I do this with some client-related folders just to have a backup.

What do you dislike?

I do not find there is anything I dislike about Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google drive allows you to easily sync your documents in specific folders on a device, and then when these are edited in the cloud, the original is then updated. The process works the same way when you update the file on your device - it syncs to the cloud.

I am able to quickly access client files no matter what device I am working on. This improves efficiency for me, and solves the issue of need a thumb drive with files on it. Everything is stored in the Google Drive cloud. Also, the folder on my Desktop computer is updated with the files after they have been synced too.

Google Drive review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"I love google drive"

What do you like best?

It's free. It has a ton of storage. I can access my documents, spreadsheets, and presentations wherever I am; on the go, when I am without my company network connection, etc. and most of all it provides me with a chain or edits! I cannot tell you enough how much I hate ms word and excel because of that. If I need to go back and see what changes I or another colleague have made I can and I can revert if there was a mistake to the document or for whatever reason really. This has really come in handy.

What do you dislike?

I get a little scared sometimes about it's security and how accessible some of my documents might be to hackers. It's just not as secure as my company network so I try to limit what kinds of documents I add to my drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it and use it for most of my business document sharing and creating needs.

I create, presentations (love their templates), spreadsheets and documents in drive. I love being able to share work with my colleagues to allow them to edit and contribute to documents. I also use drive within larger organizations as anonymous contributors/viewers. It's great all around.

Google Drive review by Jennah T.
Jennah T.

"A great online tool"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about google drives is that no matter what computer you are on, you can access all your documents!

What do you dislike?

One thing that I wish was a little better was when you download the documents as a word document the format ends up being a little bit different so you have to go through and make corrections to ensure that it is the correct format. For example, when I have headers they end up being way to close to the top of the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It gives you access to your documents from any device. Even your phone! You get everything you would get if you were to buy Microsoft but at no expense.

Google drive allows me to work from multiple computers without having to continue emailing them to myself or using a flash drive. I am able to work on papers at home or school or work without worrying about all of that.

Google Drive review by Jenny J.
Jenny J.

"Google Drive: A File Sharing Option"

What do you like best?

Google drive allows instant access to documents between multiple partners, has features to create your own forms and surveys and it provides opportunities for teams to work together on documents while also allowing for the creator to determine levels of accessibility.

What do you dislike?

Google drive does not easily allow for multiple versions of a document--because you can make changes in realtime you may not be able to go back to other versions to look at changes. It can also be clunky to download and reload documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Google product, most people are familiar with Google and feel comfortable working in it. Even for those individuals who may not be as technologically advanced, Google drive is simple and easy. I've used it a lot with volunteers on projects and activities

Team projects and documents; editting and writing with others; sharing information easily across remote workers. All and all Google drive provides not only a place to share information across geographically dispersed team members but also provides file sharing. Furthermore, Google drive is an easy free platform to create forms and documents to add to websites for use.

Google Drive review by Melanie V.
Melanie V.

"Nonprofit Hero!! "

What do you like best?

With what seems like unlimited space to store, Google Drive allows our small nonprofit staff to share and manage documents. We also have the capability to upload and create URL's for documents that need to be downloaded by our nonprofit partners.

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything that I have found I dislike with Google Drive, however I am often tripped up on the privacy settings with documents, which then creates a hold up when others outside of my network cannot access the document. Perhaps making it more obvious would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great, free resource for document sharing, team editing, form/data collection and much more. Like a mentioned before, a nonprofit hero!

Documents we can share internally and externally to our organization. Gathering data from volunteers and our partner organizations is easy. Uploading documents that get a URL assigned and we then add to our CMS is a breeze!

Google Drive review by Maggie S.
Maggie S.

"All Around Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is one of my favorite tools, both for work and for personal use. This is because Drive allows the user to store files online and access them any time. My favorite feature of Google Drive is that when I open to the webpage, I can scroll through all of my folders, documents, sheets, and other files. Or I can search the files to find something specific. Everything is very easily accessible and I can count on it being there since Drive saves to the user's account, rather than the hard drive of the computer.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about Google Drive at this point. Like said above, the UI is easy to navigate, the different softwares supported within Drive are stellar, and the online automatic storage feature puts my mind at ease knowing a computer crash will not cause myself or my coworkers to lose my files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Drive for a number of reasons including: file and folder sharing between team members has never been easier, real-time collaboration using the softwares within Drive allow for efficient time spent on projects, and online file storage is reliable and Drive updates as you work.

Google Drive allows us to communicate files between our team members and share folders when needed. We have been able to collaborate on projects, edit one another's documents, comment on spreadsheets, and so much more. All from one platform.

Google Drive review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"Secure with Good Amount of Free Storage Space"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like the most about Google Drive is its security. You are able to share everything on your Drive with specific people or choose specific files to share with people. You can add a password to files so that even if you share the file with someone, they will need a password in order to view or edit. You can also assign specific permissions to documents so people can view only or fully edit documents and files. This is important for my company since many of the files we share and work with contain sensitive information that must be protected.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about Google Drive has to do with its application. I have the Google Drive application on my iPhone so that I can save my photos and work files directly to the Drive and not take up the memory on my phone. However, especially when uploading many files at a time, the upload tends to take a long, extensive amount of time to complete or fails half way through the upload. This makes it so that Google Drive is difficult to rely on in this circumstance and I'm required to manually monitor the upload in order to ensure it is successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Drive for anyone or company that works with a team to collaborate on files and documents. Google Drive is also good if you travel because it makes your files accessible from any place that you are working as long as you have an internet connection. I also recommend Google Drive if your device or phone memory is bogged down with photos and files - free up some storage space by setting up an automatic sync with Google Drive so that you me files are automatically sent to your Drive.

Google Drive has allowed us to work faster because our devices work at a faster speed since the memory and storage isn't taken up with files. Since our files are saved to the Drive and not our hard drives, space is saved which increases the speed at which our devices fun and also frees more memory. Google Drive has also made it easier for us to share documents. No longer do they have to be emailed back and forth to share with coworkers in a secure manner. With Google Drive we can assign permissions to documents and share them in real time. It has proven an important asset for which we rely on immensely.

Google Drive review by Luke A.
Luke A.

"Such a Convenient Service"

What do you like best?

There are a variety of features that I like in Google Drive. But I like the most that it is a free service that provides a good amount of storage space for the free version. I also like that if the free space provided isn't sufficient, it is easy to upgrade to the paid version in order to have access to more stored space. There is no contract to sign and you can cancel the paid version at any time. This is a convenient feature for me as my needs tend to change depending on the business being conducted in a given month. Another thing that I like about Google Drive is that it is an easy to manage, easy to navigate service - all combined, this leads to a nice user experience. I also like that you can have more than one Google Drive account free of charge. This makes it easy to manage both work and professional email and drive accounts.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about Google Drive. I guess that they could offer more storage space for the free version. There are some months when I could definitely use a bit more storage space in which to store my files. The only other thing I dislike has to do with the Google Drive application that I have downloaded on my iPhone. If I upload several things at a time into my Google Drive application, it usually freezes and rarely completes the upload. This can be extremely frustrating as I have to start from the beginning and figure out where Google Drive left off on uploading and what needs to be re-uploaded to my drive. I have found the Google Drive can only handle uploading less than 10 significantly sized files with one request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google drive to anyone who needs wants to or is currently using a server at their work in order to save documents in a centralized location. Since Google Drive basically does the same thing as a server, except you don't have to be logged in through your work in order to access it. Before Google Drive, we would have to be logged in at work or through work in order to access the server where our shared drive was in order to gain access to our files that were on the drive. Now, all we need is an Internet connection and we can easily access any files that we save to Google Drive.

Google Drive allows us to have a way to access our files on any computer or laptop or device that we are using. We also don't have to have the Google Drive application in order to get the most out of the Google Drive experience. The Google Drive website has been great and is easy to use. I have it set up to automatically sync with my computer. This way, all of my files are automatically uploaded it to my Google Drive account. This saves me a lot of time since I am not having to go back and forth in order to upload a file each time I have one that needs to be saved to the drive. Google Drive is awesome for a business because it allows our coworkers to have access to each other's drive. This way, we don't have to be logged in to the Work server in order to access the share drive to view and edit the same document. We cannot easily access files that are saved to Google drive anywhere that we are working.

Google Drive review by Joyce O.
Joyce O.

"Very useful!"

What do you like best?

First off, it gives you 5GB of free online storage space! Who doesn't like free?! And, it syncs with your local folder on the desktop of your MAC or PC. It is simple to set up/sign up for the google drive. The download process is easy.

What do you dislike?

Android App is only available- iOS is currently being worked on! :/ You might not find this as a con, but others will- google docs are no longer in use once you download google drive. The folders and/or documents go into either 2 of the google drive folders- MY DRIVE or SHARED WITH ME.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really do recommend google drive to anyone who is wanting to store documents, videos, pictures, and other material needed. You can access it even from your phone! It's a no-brainer!

All the employees statewide can view/edit documents shared with them. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

Google Drive review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"A comprehensive and easy to use way to manage all things business related!"

What do you like best?

Google drive has so many features- leaving virtually nothing that it can't do! It is also easily accessible from all devices and has a great mobile app. Where I used to have to use multiple software programs- such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.- now I can access them all in one place and share them very easily. It is also easy to recover previous versions of documents if needed and includes an affordable HIPAA compliant BAA.

What do you dislike?

I really have very few dislikes about Drive. I honestly can't think of a single one!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be the best decision your company makes, especially in the avenue of saving time!

It allows me to save ample time with it's integrated systems, and to easily share information with colleagues and customers.

Google Drive review by User in Higher Education

"A Virtual Drive that surpasses all other Drives."

What do you like best?

Google drive can be accessed on any mobile or pc based platform aand being in an IT department, it reduces the time i have to search for images to be used for our institutions web portal because of its high techmology and quick search features.

What do you dislike?

Steady internet connection is required to access Google, the service itself is dependent on an internet connection so establishing internet connection before getting to any of Google Services is key. As an IT intern in my community college, I wish i can have access to.some sort of "offline" copy of my files.

I also noticed that if any of my files happen to match any keywords stored in my Google Drive, it can float in the search result.

Enterprise integration of files in a secure and remote platform makes the job easier.

Google Drive review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Secure and Reliable Free Storage Service"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about Google Drive. Since it is a free service, it makes it even better. I must say that even if it weren't free, I would actually consider paying for Google Drive. I say this because of the amount of storage space available - which is just the right amount for my needs. No more having to save things to my desktop computer only not to be able to access them from another device. No more having to email myself documents in order to have access to them no matter where I happen to be working on a given day. I am now able to use Google Drive to save all of my documents and files and quickly access them from anywhere that I am working. I also really like how integrated it is with the other Google applications. This has made things very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I have found to dislike that Google Drive is its sync/loading time. At times, it can take a while to sync and update which tends to be frustrating. Another example is when I update a document in Google Docs and it is saved to Google Drive - it can take awhile for any updates to that document to be reflected on my drive.

Another thing that I dislike or wish that Google Drive would offer is more permissions. I believe that enhanced permissions would make it even better. For example, to have an option that a person who you have shared files on your drive with could make updates to them but those updates had to be approved by you before they are finalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Drive for a variety of different reasons. First, you get a decent amount of storage space with the free version - enough that it is more than I have needed using it every day for work over the past year. It is also great because it has a convenient application that can be downloaded for easy access to what is on your drive. If you don't want to download the application, Google Drive can be accessed from any where via the internet.

Google Drive has been so nice because it allows for us to save space on our devices because everything is synced and save to our drives. This not only enhances the speed of our machines since they aren't slowed down by low storage space but it also makes it so that we are able to access anything on our drives from any location in which we are working - and we travel a ton for my job. Google Drive has also helped us to save time - and therefore, money - because it allows for easy collaboration. Now that my team can access each others drives, we are able to easily work together on projects without having to email a file back and forth several times for updates. The thing that has been the most helpful for my company is the fact that Google Drive can be set-up to automatically sync to any computer or device. This means everything is automatically saved to your drive - no longer do you have to manually save things to the drive.

Google Drive review by MARIA ALEJANDRA R.
MARIA ALEJANDRA R.

"Google drive An online help"

What do you like best?

Google Drive is a free tool with multiple advantages that allows employees to access at any time to certain information, allowing upload and download files and information on the network and has an approximate space of 1 gigabit of all types of files.

What do you dislike?

Google Drive requires a password to avoid loss of valuable information since at the time of editing the document there is a risk of loss due to the manipulation of several users online, requires internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Drive is a tool 100% useful professionally and personally, even having online information is important during daily activities.

Google drive is a file hosting service in the Google cloud, which makes it easy to save text documents, images, spreadsheets, clippings, etc., and access them from the Internet.

Google Drive review by Kenny U.
Kenny U.

"Great Service for Collaborating"

What do you like best?

The best thing for us (my company) about Google Drive is that it allows us to collaborate on projects (documents, Excel charts, etc.). Before Google Drive, we would have to each do our own part on a document and then save and email it to the next person. This made it hard to track and a lot of the time work was duplicated unnecessarily. Google Drive allows us to simultaneously work on a project and tracks updates or changes that are made. This is a huge time saving feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Google Drive tends to display a lag between the time you save a file and the time it is displayed for other users. For example, sometimes, when I make edits to a document on the drive and save it back to the drive, it takes several minutes before that change is reflected on everyone else's drive. This has caused confusion and duplication of work in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Drive to any person or business. It is secure - allows you to password protect what is on the drive. It also allows you to share what is on your drive with anyone else and put security on those items so that you can choose the access that others have to your items. For example, you can give someone viewing only capabilities or editing capabilities. This has been a nice feature. Google Drive is also great because it saves space on my phone - I store every thing on the drive instead of on my device, allowing me more space and a faster device because it isn't bogged down with files.

Google Drive allows us to access documents no matter where we are traveling since they are stored on a drive that is accessible from anywhere that has the internet. Google Drive also has a sweet application that makes it easy to store and access items that are saved to the drive. I have been able to keep my desktop computer and work phone nice and clean with extra memory/storage space because - instead of storing stuff on the hard drive - I store everything on Google Drive - this way I can access it no matter where I am working from and no matter what device I am using to work. This has proven a great feature for my companies needs.

Google Drive review by LeEdna T.
LeEdna T.

"Reason number 596 why i love google"

What do you like best?

I love the forms feature the best, but all of google drive is pretty amazing. We actually use it to supplement sharepoint. its very easy to use and its so easy to download your work over to microsoft products like excel or word. I use the forms the most and they make it so easy to whip up a survey in just a few minutes. Additionally they now provide analytics that provide visuals of the data that you gather. its a rather robust tool to be offered for Free!!!

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes about google drive.

Cost savings over other survey tools, soimple to import and export work. The search tool is nice so that you can always find an item across multiple project types.

Google Drive review by Hannah R.
Hannah R.

"Google Drive review "

What do you like best?

The immediacy of google drive! It saves as you write, and you can edit it at the same time that other people are editing it. This makes it extremely convenient to collaborate on a document when you are in different places. You can see who is editing what as you edit.

What do you dislike?

The formatting. When I've copy and pasted a document into a Google doc, the formatting can get all messed up. I've been able to deal with it, but it can be frustrating, especially if formatting is important to the document that you're editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of who you are sharing the document with, especially if the document is sensitive or confidential for any reason. Share it with people that you trust. Also, keep in mind that the formatting might get messed up or changed when you put it into google docs.

Collaborating on writing a protocol with other research assistants is one example. Using google docs while doing this is extremely helpful, since you can edit the same document at the same time. It makes collaboration much easier.

Google Drive review by Johnathan J.
Johnathan J.

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

Google products are reliable, ive never experienced any type of crash, failure or breach. They also have strong brand presence. People tend to trust Google and when i say Google Drive - folks knie whst Google is even thiugh they may not know the “drive” part. Thus- i find folks more open and willing to use Google drive if they haven’t heard of it before. More difficult to get someone to try OneDrive if they haven’t heard of it before. (Just try sharing from the two and see which one is received more).

What do you dislike?

Stopping trying to make it more exciting. It doednt need to be. Its function is what makes it beautiful- stop tweaking it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it- wont hyrt

Sharing documents and photos for brainstorming. Exchanging documents to build a legal case and defense. Its ease of access is superb

Google Drive review by prateek s.
prateek s.

"Drive is now backup and sync"

What do you like best?

Easy to sync, easy to use, easy to manage, nice web UI, great sync'ing application.

Good application by Google. Google drive is now getting upgraded to 'Backup and Sync' as a part of updated portfolio, so great to see existing applications getting upgraded.

Folders can be easily shared with others who can login using their GMail id's. This is an amazing feature, and probably can be said as the most pathbreaking in its time.

What do you dislike?

Sync is a bit irking at times. There is very less buzz about Google drive being upgraded to 'Backup and sync' , and no communications from google as well. The biggest con is the low space google offers for such a price category. Mega is a very attractive alternative with 50Gigs free, giving similar features and a slightly more complicated sync app. If google can improve these points, the product can be even better, probably the best out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use google drive when you're on the google ecosystem, and you require to save files and share with them anywhere. Grant access to specific users to have a shared drive with only restricted users having access.

Google drives makes it easier to sync files anywhere and ensure availability. I had created a backup utility which used to create a DB backup and upload it to GDrive . This saved us when one of our servers had crashed and cloud had a backup of the file, which made disaster recovery really easy.

Google Drive review by Taylor R.
Taylor R.

"Google Drive Review "

What do you like best?

I have used other email systems and tried to work with their storage systems - I always insist on using Google and Google Drive. The format is extremely user friendly and it the organizational tools make the layout easy on the eye.

What do you dislike?

There's very little that I don't like. If I had to find one thing, it would be that I wish there were more color options for folders. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite programs to use!

Sharing documents when our team members are not in the office. I work directly with our president who is often traveling on the road. Rather than emailing all of the documents and files, putting them in a shared folder on the drive is super helpful. I love how it shows what changes have been made to a document so you can see who made those changes, and when they were made. Extremely helpful when multiple people have been editing the document.