Google Enterprise Search

Google delivers relevant results that increase the usability and value of your business information.

Work for Google Enterprise Search?

Learning about Google?

Google Enterprise Search Reviews

Showing 17 Google reviews
Google review by <span>Amanda A.</span>
Amanda A.

"Google Search"

What do you like best?

I like the simple homepage and the consistent results. I love being able to save favorite pages in the toolbar for easy access.

What do you dislike?

I really wish Google could read my mind, but we all know that can't happen. And it better not be able to because that would be creepy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to take full use of the settings page so you can easily access your most frequented pages and searches.

Searching for institution websites, particular state policies and procedures in education, and what abbreviated workforce terms ultimately are defined.

Probably over 95% of the time I am able to find exactly what i'm looking for on the first results page after searching. I am then able to save that page and pin it to my toolbar so I can access it more quickly at another time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Enterprise Search
Google review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Requires a lot of setup, but good results"

What do you like best?

One search appliance can be configured to serve multiple purposes and the default front-ends are decent enough.

What do you dislike?

There's a steep learning curve for new users. The user interface is not especially intuitive, unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at options other than the Google Search Appliance which Google will not be supporting for much longer. For this reason, we are looking at alternative solutions for site search.

Site search across multiple web properties managed in one place. This allows us to serve results from multiple properties where needed and results from single properties when that's more appropriate.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

Google review by User

"Does better than several others, but not as great as Google"

What do you like best?

We used the enterprise search internally to search our wikis, bug reports and other pubilc and shared documents on the network. This was definitely a step up from the individual search engines of the products and things were easier to find than earlier.

What do you dislike?

While the Enterprise search is great, it is definitely not on par with Google.com search results. There are several times when the results were not relevant or were not up to the mark. I expected it to perform better. Not sure, if this was the way it indexed our data or whether this was really a dumbed down version of the actual search engine.

We have a ton of data on our internal corporate network and searching for them was always a pain. We wanted a solution that would allow us to search through several different datastores in a single place, and this fit the needs.

Google review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Found it"

What do you like best?

With a few characters I can find anything on the system I need and don't have to use boolean search only. Google search strings is the greatest search invention of all time.

What do you dislike?

If you find something you dislike you let me know because I don't know what it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something easy time effective this is the product for you.

We have so many databases and so many depositories where things are stored that this product allows us to have just one place to search everything and return results.

Google review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"A truly amazing resource"

What do you like best?

The exceptionally quick response time and abundant resources that Google can locate and make available .

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, it can be overwhelming trying to sort out what you are truly searching to find within all of the potential options presented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great resource to add for businesses that partner with multiple other unrelated vendors and suppliers. Also, it will increase the user effectiveness by giving real-time, immediate information across a broad section of possibilities.

Sourcing product parts, vendors and product images is much quicker now. We can identify potential solutions and reach out to producers much more efficiently than in the past.

Google review by <span>Randy H.</span>
Randy H.

"Simple to use, great returns"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use and the number of resources being able to be searched through with quick returns.

What do you dislike?

Some results are not organized properly, in terms of priority according to the search keywords.

Searching for documentation, solutions, wiki pages, internal contacts.

Learning about Google Enterprise Search?

* We monitor all Google Enterprise Search reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.