Google for Education

Google Apps for Education is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps schools and classes manage educational material from anywhere on any device. It's simple to setup, use and manage, allowing educators to work smarter and focus on what really matters.

Work for Google for Education?

Learning about Google for Education?

Google for Education Reviews

Ask Google for Education a Question
Showing 157 Google for Education reviews
Google for Education review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"Google for Education boosts productivity in the classroom"

What do you like best?

Google for Eduction seamlessly links various Google apps together for students and teachers to use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that teacher accounts cannot be changed include our title (Mrs., Mr., Miss, etc) instead of our first name, unless we replace our first name with that title. Additionally, GforE does not work very well with iPads, as they have very different formats. The ease of use is not there for younger students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google for Education works best when used with Chomebooks or Chromeboxes for students. iPad use is not as seamless due to the different platforms. Google for Education works great with Promethean boards and allows for the teacher to be away from the computer and back at the front of the classroom.

Google for Education allows students and teachers to connect via the various apps. Google Classroom links directly with Google Drive which allows for students and teacher's drive accounts to be organized through the use of the Google Classroom app. Additionally, the ability to collaborate between students or student and teachers is vital. The use of Google for Education is helping to shape the next generation of businesspeople.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google for Education
Google for Education review by Rainah P.
Rainah P.

"Google for the Win! "

What do you like best?

Google Apps for Education is the best set of apps released with educators in mind. The user friendliness is unbeatable! I cannot say enough good things about these programs! These programs are unbeatable. I don't know what I'd do without this set of applications!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the Excel program and the corresponding forms. I am great with using forms, but cannot get the information to organize in a friendly way. I might just not have a strong enough knowledge base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just jump in! It's so user friendly and adds so much to your classroom. You won't regret it! :) It really is as easy as it sounds and you'll regret not doing it if you don't. Trust me on this one. It is a game changer as far as being innovative and creativity goes. Even if only Google Classroom, try it out.

The connectivity that is available is priceless! It's the first leap towards a PLN and connecting with other educators from all over the world! This is a real game changer in that regard.

What Other Education solution do you use?

Google for Education review by Charlie B.
Charlie B.

"Google for Education in a Classroom"

What do you like best?

Google's collaboration tools are wonderful in a classroom setting. My students are able to work on projects together from across the classroom, school, or even across town. This ability to collaborate is key for working with students in the 21st-century. The ability to go back to previous versions allows me to easily look back to see what the students have been working on and for how long. This also allows me the chance to easily see who was working on which part of an assignment. The wide range of tools offers an excellent replacement for Microsoft Office.

What do you dislike?

Although Google for Education is a suitable replacement for Microsoft Office, there are some things that Google's apps cannot do that Microsoft excels at. As Google continuously updates their apps, this gap has lessened, but there are some issues that still come up, especially when working with spreadsheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a huge asset for our district. I would highly recommend at least trying it out since it is a free resource. I have also seen universities switch to Google for Education, so this is clearly where higher level education is going as well.

Google for Education is free. This has allowed our IT department to reallocate resources that used to be spent on Microsoft Office licenses. The collaboration component has also helped our students to transition into a 21st-century environment. Using Google for Education has helped our district to step into a more modern environment for our students and staff.

Google for Education review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"A powerful and free apps platform for education"

What do you like best?

Google provides a robust platform for teachers to get their work done. The combination of familiar tools like Drive, Gmail and Calendar lends the system a sense of familiarity. While the new tools like Keep, Meet and Classroom provide teachers with many options on how to develop and deliver content to their students. The administration tools let me fully control and manage the user experience to keep everything consistent.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Google deprecates useful features. For example, you used to be able to host HTML documents out of Google Drive. While I understand that this contradicts with Sites, it allowed students to write raw HTML code and make their own websites without using any dev tools. Google also updates other features where the new version is not really any big improvement over the existing version. Google recently updated the login window for Chromebooks and Chromeboxes. The new login window is substantially larger than the old one and it blocks most of the new background that I deployed to my Chromebooks and Chromeboxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have training strategies in place for your staff and make use of the G Suite training extension.

By moving to G Suite, we have greatly reduced our yearly spend on Email. The new hosted system has removed a lot of stress and worry versus having an on premises solution.

Google for Education review by Cristy T.
Cristy T.

"Efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's everything in one product: from storing your own documents/files to creating your own files without needing Microsoft office. Plus with Google Calendar, the whole team can always see where you are and if you are available for meetings or not. With tools like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Calendar, Google for Education is a great resource for colleges and universities. My favorite part is the easiness you can share documents in between coworkers and students making it easy to add or edit documents.

What do you dislike?

Since administration chooses what employees can use/not use, sometimes is inconvenient that you do not have access to google developers for website resources. Other than that, I do not see anything I do not like. It's very easy to use and useful for every daily activity.

Communicating with my coworkers, managing my daily/weekly/monthly meetings/holidays/office celebrations, creating documents, sharing documents/files with coworkers and students for easy collaboration, storing important files that I can work on from different computers, keeping track of changes that have been made to documents by coworkers/students.

Google for Education review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Great apps that give access to students and faculty"

What do you like best?

I love that Google for Education gives access to word and excel type files that you can access anywhere on any operating system without having to have the microsoft suite downloaded to your computer. It's a great tool for students and faculty alike. It also allows sharing between documents, which is highly valuable for documents you need to share or for group projects.

What do you dislike?

Right now I don't have any qualms with the google for education products. It's great how connected it makes everything. I haven't had any issues with it thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's a great tool that brings people together. It's a great way to work on shared projects and keep your coworkers in the know.

It helps to share documents with the people that you need to share them with, without having to put them in a file that everyone has access to. It's easy to see who the document it shared with and who was the last one to make any changes to it.

Google for Education review by Anna J.
Anna J.

"Why I love Google for Education "

What do you like best?

Google for Education is a wonderful resource for both the teacher and the student. It eliminates the need for students to have to save and then possibly lose their work. Google automatically saves every few seconds.

It also allows students to work together on projects but eliminates the necessity of the group having to find a time to meet outside of school.

Finally, it allows the teacher to monitor progress and provide feedback that the student can see immediately on their project or paper.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that during group projects other students can delete work without the approval of the entire group. This was an issue during a group last year. One student did not like the work of another student so she deleted the entire project and wanted to start over. I think the delete function should need approval from other members if the document is a shared document.

I work in a school setting so I am not solving any business problems.

Google for Education review by Angela K.
Angela K.

"Google for Education - Providing a Solid Platform with Easy Integration"

What do you like best?

Google for Education is an easy to use platform that allows users to create documents, presentations, excel spreadsheets, and more. It is easy for teachers and students to access and integrate additional applications using the same login information. This allows for ease of use for students. I have found many helpful applications to assist with digital learning and productivity.

What do you dislike?

With some of the applications, such as presentations or excel, users do not have full functionality for the application. There are features that are nice to have in a full software package full customization in presentations. Unless you are a power user; however, what is provided is generally sufficient to get the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend both the technology and the academic departments collaborate on the settings and options available for students.

We want to create a seamless digital integration for students and staff. Google for Education provides us all the necessary tools to accomplish this goal.

Administrator in Education Management

"Technology Resources throught Google for Education "

What do you like best?

Google is doing incredible things within Education. The Training material within the Google for Education site has assisted our teachers tremendously. From lesson planning to coaching and professional development, we are really excited about the direction that Google is heading with these education modules. The G Suite has saved our district thousands of dollars over their comparable Microsoft products. Google Drive as well as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides have been a really awesome tool for collaboration on large projects. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best feature!

What do you dislike?

The Google for Education site is somewhat difficult to maneuver -- which is odd because everything else Google makes is very simple. I don't know why that continue to push Chromebooks for school district purchase. We have purchased thousands of units and know where/how to purchase them -- I don't want to see the advertisements every time I log into the Google for Education page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Google for Education's resources. Google should be commended for the large amount of resources being contributed to public schools across the country. Our district made the switch from using Microsoft's various tools to Google about 2 years ago. The change has a had a few hiccups but, overall, our staff has a very positive experience.

We are encouraging our staff to take part in the various training materials that are available through Google for Education's website. We are interested in having some of our staff participate in the upcoming certification seminars that are literally occurring throughout the world.

Google for Education review by Pedro V.
Pedro V.

"Educational tool"

What do you like best?

It is a very important tool for education and more in this age of technology, helps to find easily and efficiently information, quickly and updated. It helps us to find information on any type of topic.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything, on the contrary it is very useful nowadays, Of great importance for all the people who need information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In this age of technology this product is very helpful for people and companies, it provides us with great help and information when performing our work tasks, it helps us to be more efficient and competitive.

As for the commercial benefit, it is very helpful because we can request information about a product that we want to sell or buy, through Google for Education we can draw on knowledge related to some topic or to various topics that we manage in our businesses. The benefit is great because you get more knowledge in different subjects.

"All-inclusive education suite!"

What do you like best?

Google Education makes online education easy. Creating groups (classes), providing information, creating assessments, grading and analyzing data all come easily and naturally. It is perfect for creating online courses and includes all tools needed to complete a course from start to finish, allowing people to join and have all they need to succeed.

What do you dislike?

Having used it as both a course instructor as well as a student, I would say that the layout for the instructor side is (by nature) more complicated to use. It can be difficult to find and manipulate the different sections and get them available to students. The help section and tutorials do a great job however of getting people in tune with the work, and every problem I encountered I easily found a solution to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, especially for systems (like ours) that already use Google Mail for business solutions. Having everything connected makes it so much easier, with less switching between accounts, programs, and apps. I don't think it is only for education fields. I can see businesses using this tool to share and teach corporate information, training, etc. to their employees easily.. again with accountability and not just information dispersal.

This is an online suite that is perfect for creating online courses and inviting employees, students, or anyone to join them. For anyone needing to disperse information with ACCOUNTABILITY (ie not just presenting information, but expecting users to interact the instructor and group with and complete assessments) it is a simple solution. You have the knowledge and information, Google provides an easy template to turn it into an online course.

User in Education Management

"Exceptional Products for Education"

What do you like best?

All of the products available through Google for Education are constantly being updated and adapted to the needs of educators. I'm especially fond of using Blogger for a classroom blog and Google Classroom for my different sections of students. This streamlines the process for me, saves me time prepping for different sections of students, and enables me to send my students meaningful resources at any time of the day.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer that the educator training to become a Google Educator was less time consuming. It is exceptionally important that all teachers are certified, but our time is limited. Also, there needs to be a better training platform so we can seamlessly integrate all of the Google for Education products within our classrooms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It is well worth it.

I've streamlined assignments and parent communication through Google for Education. I'm also able to link to many other products. As team leader, I run meetings through the use of Google products, have created a Google Classroom page, and also involve administration in this way. These products open up the lines of communication so that we call can be on the same page.

Google for Education review by Carly M.
Carly M.

"Off the Charts, Google Is a Powerhouse"

What do you like best?

Google has done a wonderful job of integrating their numerous applications for education into their already fantastic user interface. Applications are ease to access, to navigate, and to move from one to another without losing your place or progress in the work you've done. From Drive to Classroom to Sites, my students are able to seamlessly transition from one activity to another.

What do you dislike?

The only difficult I face with Google for Education would be student access to certain functions. Some applications are not available to students on their laptops. Because this may be an administrative choice, teachers have a difficult time fixing this problem. Nevertheless, Google is mindful of the education based content, and these protective measures can ultimately benefit students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am unaware of the exact cost to use the Google Suite for Education, but I cannot imagine it is inexpensive. While the cost may be more than some businesses can afford, their support is worth the cost.

Our entire district is able to use the same applications with the same formats. Collaboration and sharing is so easy!

Google for Education review by Karthikeyan B.
Karthikeyan B.

"The best tool for academic collaboration"

What do you like best?

Google for education is an excellent package for your professional and educational use. The best feature that i like with google for education is the unlimited storage in drive along with email where you need not worry about deleting a mail for space, exactly as you do in your personal gmail but with academic touch.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that can be dislike with this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

For universities and for schools who are looking for better online support for your students and faculty, this will be the best tool to get. if you are eligible google for education can also support your organization in multiple ways, do contact them.

The collaboration is an important aspect of education and academics, be it with home work or with project your need for online tool is more important. Google for education is an complete package of discussion forum, sharing cloud space, hosting and managing webpage via google sites, etc. These package of online software will make sure you go your project with ease.

"All-in-One"

What do you like best?

I have been using Google products for many years now, but this is the first year I have really committed to using Google for Education. My school district has been using Google since I have been employed with them, but this year I decided to step it up and use Google Classroom to keep both myself and my student organized. I like to be able to share the Slide presentations that I show in class instantly through Google Classroom as well as post any websites, comments, reminders and accept grading sheets online.

What do you dislike?

I really like using Google Classroom, but I wish that I could see a timeline of when documents get turned in. I am able to see who did and did not turn in the documents, but I would like to see a list of when they were turned in. This would help me when I am trying to update my any lists I am keeping. Rather than checking through the whole class I can check to see who has turned assignments in since I last checked. I also wish that Google would come up with a system similar to SchoolTool, or something that would communicate with SchoolTool. I grade work on Google Classroom, write it down for a hard copy and transfer grades to SchoolTool. I do my best to keep all 3 updated, but sometimes I miss one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a way for Google Classroom to communicate with other programs that schools use, like SchoolTool. Also, for assignments being "turned in", allow teachers to see a timeline of when assignments are being turned in with a timestamp of some sort in the "To-Do" folder. An added bonus would be to indicate if the teacher has opened the document already.

Google for Education is helping me have less paper in the classroom. I teach Art in a middle school. Currently when I bring home work that can be a hefty load, on top of 100+ grading sheets that makes for even more. Instead of bringing home artwork paired with grading sheets, students can complete their grading sheets online through Classroom in school or at home. I also like using Google Slides and Google Forms with my students. Google for Education allows students to actively assess themselves and what is happening in the classroom through the various tools that Google offers.

Google for Education review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Google Education"

What do you like best?

Google offers solutions for basically everything that one could wish for that solve what are both instructional problems or just annoyances. I like that it has streamlined everything that I do so that I can do the same amount in less time and more seamlessly. Some of the issues that it has helped me address: how to communicate with/ work with absent students on makeup work; Communicating and providing resources/ differentiation; general organization of my curriculum; time spent copying...

What do you dislike?

I don't actually dislike anything! I just find that there is a learning curve and while I have learned a lot there is still more that I could!

Recommendations to others considering the product

So many schools use this it will greatly help with collaboration.

As mentioned:Some of the issues that it has helped me address: how to communicate with/ work with absent students on makeup work; Communicating and providing resources/ differentiation; general organization of my curriculum; time spent copying. I have realized that I have more time in my life to focus on refining my curriculum, trying new things and that the progrmas google offers helps me organize the "data" I take to sese if my changes are working.

Google for Education review by Carol L.
Carol L.

"Google for Education - ease at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to create documents needed for my classroom. It is very easy to share these documents between colleagues for increased collaboration when time is valuable. I am able to customize each of the different products to fit my needs. I utilize several of the Google products including: Drive, Slides, Sheets, etc. The ability to use Google Chat or Video call makes collaboration doable all day long. The calendar function with events and reminders allows users to track their schedule from any device. The ability to color code different calendars allows users to have multiple calendars to separate personal from business.

What do you dislike?

I am not fond of the formatting options in sheets and docs. I am not able to format my documents quite as easily as in Excel or Word. I am figuring it out though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google for Education provides many useful applications that can be used beyond the classroom. I utilize calendar across my entire life. I am able to access the applications at home without having to carry my laptop with me. I can access them on my phone as well. It is easy to share among colleagues, video chat or chat makes it easy to collaborate when time is of the essence.

The benefits include real-time collaboration and meetings when all participants cannot physically be there. This is a huge benefit for Special Education meetings. GSuite for Education is helpful for all participants.

Google for Education review by Todd P.
Todd P.

"I can't do my work with out Google for Education"

What do you like best?

The best part of Google for Education is G Suite. I can't function on a daily basis without my school, email and calendar. The best part is the appointment slots, this feature save me time and energy when doing any sort of advising. Another great part is the ability to collaborate with colleagues in invaluable. The best part of Google Docs is Sheets. The spreadsheet has grown greatly in the past few years. It has many of best features of Excel but is more easily shared with other members of the campus. Sheets works so well that we are able to track Data long term and easily share it with anyone on campus. The addition of Google Forms makes it better than Excel. If we need to collect budget or student data we can easily create a form.

What do you dislike?

Not all the normal services work with the account. Some of them are blocked by my employer but sometimes Google does not support all the features with the education account. Another major downfall of the suite is Google sites. It is really behind any other website creation software. The sites sill look like they are from 1990. It is a same because it has the potential with its integration with other google products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cant imagine working at a university that did not use this suite.

It provides our college with much needed support for all the Gmail, calendar and the Google office Suite.

Google for Education review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Why would anyone use anything else"

What do you like best?

All of our communication and device use and management needs are all in the same system and connected to our school email accounts for students and teachers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finding support or getting questions answered can be difficult. There is a way to submit feedback and there are help forums, but sometimes I struggle to get help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many programs that can be used to migrate from other email programs into Google for Education. The low cost (nothing to actually use the service) of apps and additional materials makes Google for Education a must for any school or educational institution. Google Drive Suite took our staff some time to get used to, but it was worth the investment to go digital.

We have our Chromebooks sign in, educational apps and sites, and email communication all wrapped up into one system. In addition, we no longer need a word processing program suite either as Google provides everything we need.

Google for Education review by Craig B.
Craig B.

"Incredible, high-value tools"

What do you like best?

The G-Suite for Education tools are incredibly powerful for schools. And, it's incredible that Google makes them available for no cost. Our staff and students have relied upon tools like Google Docs, Sheets, Slide, and Gmail for years.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much to dislike. The most significant shortcoming is that Google Sheets does not contain the similar feature set as MS Excel. But, again, the product is available for no cost, so it's hard to complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be thoughtful and planful about how to setup users and devices in Google Admin Console.

We've reaped great efficiencies using the G-Suite tools. It's increased communication and collaboration. There are no more document versioning issues, etc...

Google for Education review by Shanoya C.
Shanoya C.

"Google for Education: My favorite platform"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can now use G suite for all of my work related items. The parts of G Suite that I use the most are e-mail, calendar, and google drive. Although, I use them all. I really love the calendar feature, it is really intuitive and easy to navigate. I enjoy that I can make group appointments. The ease of using google calendar is something that I really appreciated as opposed to other platforms like Outlook. I also like that his is on a cloud, so I don't have to panic about losing something that I am working on in docs or sheets.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes that Google Interface is rather plain. I have been able to customize my G mail but you can't really customize your calendar. However, in terms of functionally, I really enjoy it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend playing around with the settings because I think that Google has all kinds of neat features that aren't already advertised well. I would also say if you have questions, contact customer service or search Google's help pages because they are super helpful.

I think it is easier to share documents back and forth with colleagues because of the cloud feature. I also like that you can see when someone else is in the document working on something. I have written blogs with others on google docs, created spreadsheets following events on sheets with other colleagues in a way that is easy to navigate and understand.

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"Convenient online communication package for university research group "

What do you like best?

Google Drive. We are using the Google Education package with unlimited Drive space. And it is free for all students. It saves a lot of money rather than using any other online cloud storage tool. Also, the Google Doc is an easy document sharing/collaboration tool to work with our peers who don't have Microsoft Word access. It is free and has most of the basic functions that word offers.

What do you dislike?

Google Doc does not have all the functions that Microsoft Office Word offers. But it works fine for most of the daily documents we write.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google drive is a really nice tool to share the large documents (e.g. videos) to your peer. For using Google Doc. with others at the same time, make sure to communicate with your peer using some other online chat tools just in case. Sometimes the document may not sync if the internet has trouble, then often one may start making new edits before seeing others' edits in time.

We use google hangout to discuss with group members every day. And we use google drive to share references, collaborative projects, PPT, etc.

"Teacher"

What do you like best?

I like that I can assign quizzes and homework and have students blog with one another. Students can also respond to surveys and data which reflects their current performance. I also the the implementation of google cloud and docs as students can collaborate on work and teachers can annotate along with students. This allows for live peer review and instant feedback.

What do you dislike?

It’s hard to share the info with parents. Also I would like for it sync with other platforms like skedula.This way students can see the direct result of the work they do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to insure you have student and admin buy in. The program is simple to use but requires an Admin to add students, assign emails and monitor the student flow in the school. The parent factor is also huge as parents need buy in for the parent portal. The teachers can not force parents to look up data. Also the lack of integration with other grading software creates a burden for the parents and student as they now need remember several log ins and user names.

In my line we need to insure there is stream line of communication between students and teachers. This platform helps. Making parents part of the conversation is a bit harder as they need to buy in by providing their own emails. The school admin or teachers can not create parent accounts with out the authorization of the parents. This adds burden to the admin and creates another level of work for the software admin.

Google for Education review by Alejandra R.
Alejandra R.

"Ecelente herramienta para investigacion pedagogica"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta con la que se puede trabajar rápido, favorece la actualización de archivos e información, crea y responde, y esta aptp para buscar informacion en videos , diapositivas, imagenes, tablas, diagramas, es un programa muy rico y diverso en información veraz.

What do you dislike?

nada en lo absoluto, es una herramienta muy completa, fácil de usar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es la mejor herramienta que permite a todos sus usuario a tener facilidad en el tema de estudios y preparacion pedagogica

Los estudiantes pueden crear sus propios sitios de estudios y proyectos, se usa tambien busqueda por voz, se puede buscar información sin descargar ningun software, tiene bastantes funciones y herramientas utiles que periten la facilidad tanto de estudiantes como de profesores incluso hasta se pueden realizar cursos virtuales.

Google for Education review by Jolie D.
Jolie D.

"Google for music classroom"

What do you like best?

I use Google for most of my applications, other than playing music. I love the auto save features, the drive holds all my files and work. Calendars are great, functions well. Integration with google classroom and features for teachers like grading.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I don’t like about Google, Rarely have any problems, and never have yo worry about forgetting to save my work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always trust Google for education. Easy to use, kid friendly, spam filters, many other uses for teachers to keep everything in one place!

Easily share between coworkers in an organization. Security of Google’s products have never been an issue.

Google for Education review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Google Transforms Education"

What do you like best?

Google provides teacher and student with a transformative platform that takes learning beyond the walls of the classroom.

What do you dislike?

When I dislike something about Google, I submit feedback. Thus far, all of the feedback that I have given to GAFE has resulted in a change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are an infinite number of benefits to implementing GAFE in classrooms and school districts. The benefits are not just between teachers and students, though. I like that I am able to use this platform among coworkers, as well.

With the million and one ways that students are different and need support or need advancement, Google works to break down barriers.

Google for Education review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"a great tool for all educational entities"

What do you like best?

As a primary (K-12) educational institution, we were eligible for Google for Education for free. It is an invaluable asset to our school ecosystem. We have unlimited storage on Drive/Gmail/Photos, which allows our staff and students to collaborate to the fullest without having to worry about running out of storage. We also were able to leverage Google Sites for our district website, which allows us to seamlessly integrate items from Drive/Calendar/etc right to our sites. Once we started using Google Apps for Education, it was only logical to go 1:1 with chromebooks in our high school, and use Chrome/chromebooks heavily throughout the district elsewhere. It's the best decision we've ever made.

What do you dislike?

Google Sites (classic, not the new iteration) definitely needs some polishing. Things don't work the same or as well as our old web host/CMS. Some things happen that can't really be fixed, so it's not an issue more than getting used to the change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an educational entity, it makes sense to sign up for GfE. It's well worth it!

The main benefit is the cost savings - Google for Education is fully free. Another benefit is storage. With unlimited storage in the cloud, we can utilize our internal storage space for other things, like virtual servers, and backups.

Google for Education review by Latrece J.
Latrece J.

"Google for Education"

What do you like best?

The certified innovator program is my favorite. Technology is so much a part of education and each year something new is presented for the benefit of students. Google is absolutely leading the way helping teachers understand tech and engage it competently. Right behind that favorite is my second favorite program CS First because it gives exposure of the computer sciences beginning with grade K. That levels the playing field for all. I would like to see content geared toward four year old since the push for early learning is becoming greater.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike that with the push for early learning access fro all that Google has not yet addressed that market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely start with CS because it is comprehensive. True educators should be diverse learners.

Google for Education is helping to equip businesses with trained human resources in an economical way that encourages people to learn at their pace in their preferred environment.

Google for Education review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

"Teamwork and Collaboration with Google for Education"

What do you like best?

Google for Education allowed me to collaborate with my team of teachers by saving documents to shared files (Google Drive) that could be accessed through our Gmail accounts. This allowed for remote and after-hours work because the shared drive was accessible anywhere with an internet connection, as opposed to one of the school building's shared drive on the district network. Allowing for group editing and updating through Google Docs was a great way for everyone to have access to a "living document" as we planned lessons and prepared for the coming week.

What do you dislike?

Since Google for Education used a Gmail platform with a unique email ending for our school system (city.k12.state.us format), I had to reroute through the district website anytime I signed into my Gmail account on a new browser or server. This created problems for email access, particularly when using a tablet or mobile device, as the reroute through the district website/portal was not always recognized by the Gmail app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Advocate for the technology personnel at your school district to host training sessions about the features of Google for Education. Consulting with Google Help Desk can assist you when you're having an issue, but it would be wise for your district to also have staff knowledgeable about the inner workings of the program. Consider the technology you will primarily use when accessing Google for Education (laptop, tablet, smartphone) and recognize that more issues may be present with use on a non-keyboard device.

Our teaching team worked in different areas of the building as well as part of a community-based team. Google for Education and the accompanying apps (Drive, Docs, Calendar, etc.) gave us the ability to stay in contact throughout the work day, consult with one another after-hours, and collaborate on documents in real time. The added benefit of a unique email address ending added a sense of professionalism to our communication with parents and outside agencies as well as helped us identify other employees in our school district.

"google education review"

What do you like best?

google education is a great free service where you can look up books, scholarly articles and more. it is really helpful for students doing research papers and also helps with citations.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i truly dislike about google education. i think it is one of the most up to date options for students and staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool that is one of the most up to date and progressive softwares for education. It can be great for college, k-12 or other training purposes.

I have realized many benefits from Google for Education. It is beneficial for students and staff. Students are able to look up information, cite sources, and obtain a wide range of information for assignments as well as their own personal research.

Google for Education review by Oliver R.
Oliver R.

"It promotes the exchange of ideas, research work, between teachers of different specialties "

What do you like best?

The communication between different educational institutions is promoted different educational centers to know the different research activities that are carried out. The use is simple for teachers and students accessing the system from different devices such as computers, laptops, smart phones.

What do you dislike?

Not all research centers, or educational centers, use this tool, either due to lack of internet or lack of equipment for this purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

encourage the use of this tool in the educational community

This tool is of benefit to students and teachers, since they can seek advice with other teachers, be updated on the subject of research carried out in other institutes. forums can be organized without the need to move to other centers.

Google for Education review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Google - Built for Education"

What do you like best?

Simply everything. Google has helped education transition over the years to better incorporate technology in more purposeful ways.

What do you dislike?

At times there are features that you are used to seeing in programs like Microsoft office that just haven't (yet) made their way into GSuite. This transition can be pesky at times. However, Google implements many other feature that often make up for this deficit or greatly surpass it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the transition. With most schools now utilI zing chromebooKS or implementing a 1:1 atmosphere, Google helps the transition and brings it to its full potential.

Google has helped education n work to deliver information in more engaging and meaning ways to students. By being founded on innovative practices, Google has helped to implement these thought processes to the classroom and students alike. It has helped students collabprate quickly and easily among different applocations as well ulas get constant feedback from the teachers. The key benefit is the ability to stay in constand contact with students to help build relationships and give them constant feedback on their work.

Google for Education review by Eisa E.
Eisa E.

"A Free Platform College Students Can Use"

What do you like best?

A platform that helps college students locate resources that minimize plagiarism and limits the amount of documentation that is altered/fact while looking for research. The Google Cloud option allows you more freedom of who can access material in a group project.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to navigate at first. You will need to follow their step-by-step direction the first time just so you know how to look for good quality documents. Especially if you have a difficult time understanding technology have someone break it down.

If you did not have access to a local library with a resource, you were able to look here. This minimized people spending more money on library cards.

Google for Education review by Karissa D.
Karissa D.

"Excellent Organization and Communication System for Schools"

What do you like best?

My current school is the first campus where I have ever used Google for Education, and I am loving it! As a teacher who teaches in multiple classrooms throughout the day, my favorite feature is that I can access everything I need from any computer on our campus.

What do you dislike?

Truly I have nothing negative to say about Google for Education. I have had a fantastic experience as a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend Google for Education highly enough! It has made a huge difference for myself and my colleagues.

Before using Google for Education I was emailing myself things so I could access them from different computers as I traveled between classrooms. This system was inefficient and I always had trouble finding the files I needed. Now I just have to log in to my account and I can access my mail, my calendar, all my documents, etc. It also allows me to collaborate with my co-teachers on lesson plans and curriculum without having to schedule necessary meetings, since we can share document editing privileges.

Google for Education review by Tina S.
Tina S.

"Really useful for educators "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and share with my team, great customer service, helpful to standardize our systems, lots of amazing free tools!

What do you dislike?

It was hard for us as a small, new college to get recognized by Google, but after a few months we were able to move forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the tools available, and use their customer service to better understand what's offered

Getting access to tools specific for education for a small, new organization. Ability to easily share and manage documents as an organization.

Administrator in Education Management

"Google for Educators Suite helps in every aspect of being an effective educator"

What do you like best?

I like the creative ways I can measure pre/post knowledge through formative and summative assessments (through google classroom, google docs, and google forms)

What do you dislike?

It is tough to find a way to keep students work organized in a singular area for study.

Recommendations to others considering the product

become google level 1 certified as well as collabrate with other educators in your school and on G+ to plan how you are going to implement a digital classroom and to what extent your classroom will use Google for Educators.

Connection to parents and students, there are ways to use items like google docs to have more interactive and collaborative lessons, and there is less paperwork for students to lose.

Google for Education review by Laura G.
Laura G.

"Apps for Education"

What do you like best?

Google apps for education include mail, Calendar, Classroom, Contacts, Drive, Docs, Forms, Groups, Sheets, Sites, Slides, Talk/Hangouts and Vault. It's a robust system for educators, administrators and students alike, supported by Google. I find the classroom part an especially useful tool for students and teachers, and the gmail product is exactly like what you are used to personally. Having hangouts integrated in to mail makes internal IMing very easy for the organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to work around issues of access for students vs teachers vs admin. It's doable with your system administrator but not easy for individuals. In Google calendar it can feel difficult to remember to do an extra step to allow times to be changed by others in the meeting, and you cannot attach an email to the the meeting. Many organizations also do not use google for calendaring so they send out unreadable calendar invites. Calendar is the most frustrating difference between Google and Outlook.

Google apps for education allow sharing of information across all aspects of our school community. Classrooms are an amazing way for teachers and students to interact outside of the physical classroom and to use for accountability measures.

Google for Education review by J. Nicole W.
J. Nicole W.

"So much to offer"

What do you like best?

I really do appreciate most things "Google" and was very happy to know that our institution was switching over. I use Google Drive like crazy, both for work and personally for school and managing my husband's business. I think Google offers the best email interface, made even better by the Apps and Labs you can turn on. Google Calendar syncs well with my phone and home computer in addition to my work devices. I have a few small critiques about the functionality of specific elements like limitations within Google Sheets or Docs, but overall I am thoroughly engaged with a number of Google for Education products.

What do you dislike?

I wish Google Sheets and Docs more closely mimicked the functionalities of Excel and Word, so that you don't lose formatting when you upload or copy+paste from one to the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth the switch. So much easier to integrate across an entire institution and fairly easy to get everyone on board.

One immediate downfall I saw to switching away from our old email and calendaring systems was the loss of integration between software and email, namely mail merge. But I was able to find an app that works with Google Sheets and Gmail to send personalized mass emails. We have also really organized our department with the use of multiple Google Calendars and sharing across Google Drive.

Google for Education review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Google Apps - a core tool for schools"

What do you like best?

Google Apps are very intuitive for both students and teachers. There is a wide range of tools that are cloud-based which allows users to access both at school and at home as well as on mobile devices. Most learning management, content management, and other tools leverage Google Apps integration which provides a method for sharing and submitting work. Having the ability to store files in Google Drive also allows "automatic" back-up of files without having to use alternate backup products.

What do you dislike?

Google does not provide updates on a release schedule that most users are aware of. You can sign-up for Google Apps Updates threads which go over updates. Sometimes you will login and see a new version of an interface or new functionality. Google is sometimes challenging to use in "offline" mode. Unless you install Google Drive app on your computer then can't work on items offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The user documentation is extensive but you won't get help directly through Google unless you develop a relationship with . Most users are familiar with Google. It becomes more powerful when you can also enable Gmail for students and teachers in your organization.

Provide a solution for students and staff to collaborate using Docs, Sheets, Presentation, and Forms in a cloud-based system that is easy to use across grade levels and schools.

"Google for education"

What do you like best?

Collaboration. Teachers and students can collaborate on projects online like they are in a classroom. Teachers can share docs with other teachers, generating efficiencies in curriculum creation and school wide surveys, etc. Teachers can also monitor what the students are working on in real time.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve of new system. Not a huge deal. Need full buy in from staff for it to work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a small school. I think it would be harder to implement on a larger scale if you don't have good management of the system or collective understanding. Teachers and admin staff have to use the program features to make it worth it's while so if there is little buy it it won't be a useful tool. I think it gives students a great chance to learn file management and the tools to reflect on their own work and growth, applicable skills for a career.

Saving paper is a big problem this solves. It definitely aids in the revisit and revise processes here at a high school as well as enables students to look back on work they did in previous years or just at the beginning of the semester. It enables teachers to see true growth especially in writing.

Google for Education review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Useful, connected and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate being able to assign different activities to different students, incorporate other google software, and see submitted assignments easily. My students are able to use tags to find related topics which makes research projects easier and they appreciate the communication features available.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to automatically create more detailed, different-question-type quizzes in Google Classroom itself so my students could take tests directly from classroom. I would also appreciate being able to set assignments up to automatically post themselves at a certain time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When initializing have a group-wide training to cover basic use

Parent-teacher communication becomes easier because they can log in and see what their students have been assigned, and the directions involved. Multiple teachers can collaborate in the same class which makes it easier to work on cooperative assignments

Google for Education review by User in Music
User in Music

"Google is great!"

What do you like best?

I like that Google allows so much space on your device. It is easy to use and always coming out with new things! It is easily accessible to parents, students, administrators, etc. There are many different options for organizing groups. For example, the calendar, the documents, the live editing feature, and the classroom component.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is not everyone uses it and they should. Not everyone is on board with all the google options, and/or knows how to use them. More training on some things would be beneficial to all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all the services it has to offer.

Being and educator, I use google everyday. Students have easy access to the google classroom, google docs, spreadsheets, etc. It is easy to share out information with everyone. It is extremely easy to use and communicate with everyone. I can easily share out information, keep an updated calendar, an updated roster, and everything I need to be a successful educator. Google drive alone has so much space that I don't have to worry about deleting documents. Everything is easy to keep organized.

Google for Education review by Yurismar Jose G.
Yurismar Jose G.

"My virtual class"

What do you like best?

I love that I can give my classes at any time, and from anywhere thanks to GOOGLE CLASSROOM is a great application.

What do you dislike?

Since I use this application it has worked correctly, therefore I am satisfied and I have no problems to point out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent for distance education, I recommend it

Clarify the doubts of my students in a fast and timely manner without having to be in school

Google for Education review by Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.

"Learning as We go!"

What do you like best?

Google for Education has some amazing apps for education! I am currently taking a course to learn more advanced options with this product and cannot get over the thousands of uses! Whether it is using Google Slides to create review games, uploading documents to share with students and parents, or creating forms for students to enter important information, I can always find a way to use Google for Education to make my tasks efficient and professional.

What do you dislike?

Some apps are difficult to manage in the way I would like but I am learning more every week.

Parent/student communication

GAFE has made this process easier because parents and students are comfortable with using Google, even if its just at a basic level.

Google for Education review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Convenient and Efficient"

What do you like best?

Most people in education end up using Google Apps without even thinking about it - Gmail, Google Docs, etc. However, Google for Education specifically tailors these apps to the teaching world. Teachers and students at my school have one domain name, for example, that allows us to share and collaborate on files within the school community. It's a great way to stay organized, feel like part of a community, and also allow students to collaborate on assignments together all while using the familiar Google interface.

What do you dislike?

The downside to free Google apps as opposed to other learning management software is that you really don't get any sort of collection of student data. My school uses other software in connection with this one, and we can easily see advanced statistics about student data and what types of students are passing/failing/improving/declining. Beyond the basics, Google for Education can't offer that kind of data, which many teachers and administrators need to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resource for peer editing, something I feel students don't do nearly enough of!

It's helped tremendously with organization. Having to keep track of assignments, dates, emails, contacts, attendance, etc is all manageable in one location. It connects the entire school community.

Google for Education review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Outstanding tools for Education"

What do you like best?

Great productivity suite and integrated tools for the classroom. Constantly improving tools and applications to help educators be more efficient with their time and use less resources doing it.

What do you dislike?

Some modules need work such as groups and sites. Occasional latency related to cloud based application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider a full suite of products such as integrating Google Apps use with a large number of ChromeOS Devices as well. This allows for true ease of use and cuts down on time wasting navigation.

Cutting back on relied upon budget money for antiquated offline productivity solutions such as Microsoft office. Using less paper for quizzes and assignments, better data security.

Google for Education review by Duccio M.
Duccio M.

"Great set of tools for education"

What do you like best?

Love, love, love the shared drive for teammates. Sharing IEPs privately with teachers is a breeze! I love the way Google makes it super easy to collaborate between kids, as in Google Docs real time editing etc.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support for teacher / student direct communication. Google Classroom is still a pretty immature platform for e-learning and it's only sufficient for day to day scheduling of assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing value for your money! Great solution for education needs.

It makes it easy for my school to provide with unlimited google software for my students, which they usually love and want to use as they're familiar with it.

Google for Education review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Google makes teaching in the 21st century easier!"

What do you like best?

It makes feedback so easy. I love how google accounts for each student opens up all faults software for them and the can collaborate with each other. Google for education also makes curriculum content easier to distribute and make available for parents

What do you dislike?

At times, I wish I could limit some student accessibility to different web content or turn off the ability for student accounts to message each other during class. My districts uses Dyknow to monitor, but it would be great if they could all work together.

All colleagues are using the same software and collaborating is easy. This streamlines the process for creating and distributing to students - this also makes it easier for students to pick up new technology.

Google for Education review by Jesse C.
Jesse C.

"Long time Google user."

What do you like best?

Google mail, apps, and calendar all work like a charm and integrate nicely with my laptop and phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike who Google stands for, but appreciate the usefulness of their products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google for Education to institutions looking for a great all in one solution to mail, calendar, and apps.

Google Drive is a great way to collaborate with other users without the fear of having multiple copies of files.

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"Providing convenience of Google Mail format for educational purposes"

What do you like best?

Since my non-academic email account is also Google Mail, it makes it easier to manage my email from both sources, since I'm not switching between gmail and another application for my emails. The Google Mail functionality also includes the ability to use "Hangouts" to instantly message other students and faculty contacts at one's institution. This feature also allows for phone calls through the Google Mail interfaces with contacts at the academic institution. Both these features allow you to create multi-user groups, which can be very helpful for collaborative projects.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything bad to say about the software currently. I think I probably underutilize the interface's options for organizing emails and other files. At present, it meets all my needs for organizing emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for collaboration and communication with other faculty and students. Drive is useful for sharing documents and other files, though it can be a bit temperamental.

Google Education's email services at my institution allow me to easily communicate and collaborate with other students and faculty. Being able to use features such as Google Drive to share documents and make them editable by multiple collaborators is especially useful in facilitating collaboration and storage

Google for Education review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Intuitive and Innovative"

What do you like best?

It seems that Google for Education is always one step ahead of users and their needs. These programs are constantly evolving and it seems like "learning" to be more user friendly and intuitive. Google Education is a set of programs that allow for sharing and collaborating on multiple different types of documents and programs. Work is saved and sharable across the Google platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints about the Google for Education programs. At times, getting people unfamiliar with Google for Education can be difficult, but once familiar with the programs, almost everyone prefers Google for Education.

I used Google for Education to allow for collaboration between students and to allow for multiple people to have access to the same document (and to be able to work on the same document simultaneously). The integrated chat feature in things like Google Doc allow for discussion to take place while working on a document as well.

Google for Education review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"GAFE provides resources for students to learn and collaborate from anywhere."

What do you like best?

I don't know what my teaching would be like without Google Apps for Education. My classroom is mostly paperless; we were also able to eliminate workbooks and other time fillers by adding more authentic and meaningful activities with GAFE. I can see the students work in real time and provide them feedback by editing their document or highlighting a passage and adding a comment. Groups of students can collaborate on a single document, spreadsheet, or presentation. There are Google add-ons for Sheets that makes using/grading/providing feedback much easier by running code and automating the process. Another major benefit is the fact that GAFE is device agnostic, it will work no matter what type of the device the students use to access the internet, even a smartphone.

What do you dislike?

Many of the beneficial features are not available on the iPad versions of Google for Education, like the sidebars that provide research support or other editing options. The biggest limitation is charts. They are amazing on a laptop, but a single wrong click on the iPad will delete the entire chart and not allow you to undo the deletion.

Images also can not be resizes on the iPad in Google Docs (but it can be in Google Slides) which is a huge frustration to students when they are going for visual appeal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in and play. Most parts of GAFE are self-explanatory, especially if you are familiar with Microsoft products already.

GAFE solves a gap in communication and collaboration. Everything is easier now.

Google for Education review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Complete Solution Together With Other Google Products"

What do you like best?

Google Apps for Education Suite covers all the needed software in a single setup. Google Classroom, the new player in e-education attracted many educators from all over the world. Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive and Gmail are most popular Google products among both students and teachers, and the good thing is - a single setup covers all of them. Administrative costs are quite low, schools and teachers using Google for Education products probably will not need a system administrator for setup and configurations.

What do you dislike?

Google Classroom which is a part of Google for Education is still missing some of the most critical learning management system features. Different pedagogical approaches should be integrated in the whole system such as alternative assessment methods and approaches for blended learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nowadays it's not wise to setup your own e-mail server, your own LMS and so on. Google for Education provides all the necessary softwares and solutions in a single package which saves plenty of time. If you are looking for a complete solution just give Google for Education a try and you will definitely be satisfied with the results.

We have been using Google for Education for almost 3 years and I'm a Google Certified Educator, it helped us to organize classrooms and student groups. GMail is a perfect communication tool for both student and teachers. Simply migrate to Google Education and get rid of headaches to maintain your own e-mail service. Google for Education will be a key player soon in the field of e-learning I guess.

Google for Education review by Renee T.
Renee T.

"A Great Tool For Collaboration!"

What do you like best?

As a high school English teacher, I use Google For Education as a tool for students to collaborate with each other when working on projects. The accessibility and ease of the apps allow the students to work collectively outside of the classroom environment. For example, when working on a research paper, each group member can revise and edit sentences and leave comments for the rest of their peers. Everyone in the group has the ability to see any changes made. Teachers can also see the work being done and monitor that each student is contributing.

I also like that their is a citation generator so students can easily site their sources in MLA format.

What do you dislike?

The formatting of Google Docs can be difficult for students to master because they are used to using Microsoft Word.

I would like for Google to implement a tool for checking for Plagiarism.

I find that using Google for Education apps keeps my students engaged in their work. The days of pen and paper are winding down, so more students gravitate to technology. Google for Education has the tools students need to learn in a 21st century classroom. Collaboration and output has increased immensely among students.

Google for Education review by David E.
David E.

"Underrated by users, unlimited potential for those who invest a little time."

What do you like best?

Google is everywhere, and this gets us the best of google apps and integrations. I use the various APIs all the time.

What do you dislike?

Its a little quirky and you really have to read the documentation. Its made for people who are at least a little tech savvy. It has a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its hard to advertise everything this can be used for. Its really great and quite powerful, but people will need some hand-holding by the more tech savvy folks. Otherwise, what you are getting is the really powerful google computing and file management, and all the stuff that goes with it. No need for surveymonkey, there's google forms. Google sheets can power integrations.

I have used this to create applications to create automations for our data. Its saved us hundreds of dollars a month because I can host my own web apps for free and use all of google's apis.

I continue to use google for education to build even more applications to store, transform, act on data.

Google for Education review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Great software for teacing"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create a classroom and assign things so that I can keep track of where people are on different projects.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. I like just about every part of this suite of software.

I can keep track of where everyone is. Since there is a "turn in" feature and I have access to all documents created. Also it keeps people from losing papers since everything is online and available from any computer.

Google for Education review by Jodie D.
Jodie D.

"Educators' Solution!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is fantastic because all users need is Internet access. Students use their phones or other devices to complete their assignments and use all kinds of connected Apps. This is the perfect solution for students and teachers. The real-time collaboration and sharing are valuable and amazing. Students understand how to use the variety of tools, and these tools provide students with learning experiences they can continue to expand upon through high school and college. This type of productivity is the direction education should be going in.

What do you dislike?

Very rarely, Google may have an outage, so that does cause some issues. Also, if our campus has any issues with Internet access, then everyone is down. This is very rare though. Also, since this is free, there are some limitations. The are very minor though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are using GAFE in addition to Adobe products and Microsoft products. I am not sure if switching to only GAFE would be feasible, but it would certainly save a great deal of money.

Access to the same software. Students used to save their work on USB drives then come to school to try to print using software that was incompatible with the software they used to create the files. This doesn't happen anymore. The benefits are endless. Collaboration and sharing are priceless!

Google for Education review by Alexis B.
Alexis B.

"Easy and Useful"

What do you like best?

I'm able to stay in touch with students and have them easily respond to questions and assignments, all within one platform. The best option is sending out a separate copy of an assignment for each student.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scrolling feed look of google classroom. It sometimes makes it difficult to find previous posts.

I am reaching my clients more easily and able to have more open communication.

Google for Education review by Leon W.
Leon W.

"Good, even for office 365 users"

What do you like best?

We primarily use microsoft office 365 environment with exchange but have found various ways to utilize the customizable features of apps for education to propel our environment forward.

What do you dislike?

Its difficult to get buy in without still paying licensing for microsoft office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

spend the time to really get to know the product and test it on a diverse user group

customized external facing work flows.

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"A great consolidated package for educational use."

What do you like best?

Publishing software, storage, communication and organisation tools are all together in a very well put together package that is easy to use.

It requires minimal maintenance and works on every operating system.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The interface of the whole package is very "Google" and can be difficult for users to get to grips with as Google tend to stick to their own design language, rather than icons and wording that are generally used by software developers.

It's extremely easy to data in between the various Google Apps and this makes it a lot easier for students and lecturers to manage their data without having to use a multitude of apps to get the job done.

Google for Education, on an average day, consolidates the jobs of Office, Dropbox and Skype.

Google for Education review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Google Apps for Ed"

What do you like best?

I love Google Drive. It has features that connect me to my students and my students to each other. The ability to organize, share and collaborate are the best. I also like Google Sites. It allows my students to create digital portfolios.

What do you dislike?

The only thing is dislike is the amount of spam I get in my Gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that if you are not using Google for Education, you begin right away. It will make you a more effective teacher.

NoI could see a business person benefiting from the ability to store, share and collaborate in Google Drive.

Google for Education review by User

"Google for Education"

What do you like best?

I do not like this program, I love it. I use Google for just about everything. I use Classroom for providing assignments to my students. I also use Forms, sheets, and docs for various classroom assignments and tests. Everything flows together well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not one interface for all programs. You have to go through different sites or apps for each aspect of the suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really need to practice with all items in the suite. They don't have the same controls and some are more particular than others. It takes a while to understand how forms goes with Google Classroom. I lost many test grades because of this.

I have been able to digitalize my classroom. We are able to cut down on many papers that are used. I have all items documented in a digital file, rather than bulky papers.

User in Education Management

"I use Google Apps for Education everyday!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the Google Apps is how well they work with each other. Docs are easy to post in Google Classroom and student work is easily accessed in the Drive.

What do you dislike?

Docs can be a bit clunky when creating guided notes for students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All professionals can use Google Apps for Education to create documents, collaborate remotely, and gather data.

I am able to have paperless classes when it is appropriate. As a teacher, I love being able to access student work from where ever I am without lugging all the papers around!

Google for Education review by Halle F.
Halle F.

"Google for education helps me greatly in my schooling "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and join classes as well as integrate all of my other google items.

What do you dislike?

I like mostly everything, I do wish you could take classes in a "khan academy" format without a needed code.

This really helps me participate in classes better and allows for proper distance learning.

Google for Education review by Administrator

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that is free for students and teachers. I love that is very user friendly and I can access it from anywhere I have internet access.

What do you dislike?

Really there is nothing that i don't like about Google for Education. I really enjoy working with it.

that it integrates awesome with Canvas (it is our LMS) with no complications and it has helped me make many of my documents more accessible for student with special needs.

Google for Education review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Google for Education is a great tool for teachers, administrators, and secretaries in schools."

What do you like best?

I liked being able to enroll carts of chromebooks to manage them and the apps that each cart was going to be using. The teachers loved that I could push apps to the chromebooks in their carts. We could also lock the screens which came in handy.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the price that we had to pay per device. I also wasn't crazy about the cloud printing because it wasn't always consistent. The other problem we had was with the heirarchy and settings, some users made changes that ended up changing all schools.

Google for Education allowed us to use numerous apps for numerous different classes ranging from math to science to history. We also were able to track devices with this software.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like that I can assign and grade without any physical paperwork. My students have no excuse for why they did not do the assignment. (they cannot say they didn't write it down, they had all of their supplies in front of them). They also cannot blame me for losing their work.

What do you dislike?

There are certain restrictions on homework and quiz assignment that make it not as convenient as assigning in person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is SO easy to use!

For me it solves big organization problems. I do not have papers all over my desk like I used to.

I also don't have to bring home papers with me. It is just my computer I have to bring home.

It also helps me with grading. If I assign a quick check quiz it is easily graded.

Google for Education review by User in Computer Software

"Benefits of being a student"

What do you like best?

Google for Education provides free unlimited storage in Google Drive is primarily why I use this service very often. Using it to backup my computer and to upload high resolution photos, without worrying about the storage capacity. Also, sending and receiving emails without worrying about when the mailbox will be full and stop working. Every conversation can now be kept in the cloud.

The access to software such as Google Classroom (unique just for Google for Education) proves very useful. It serves as a free alternative to services such as Moodle or Edmodo.

What do you dislike?

This service is provided to me for free, therefore there is not much to complain about. However, as a product targetted to schools, it is important that there are tools that allow for easy schedule creation for all students. Assigning rooms, subjects to students without overlapping is a very important task that Google for Education could consider adding.

Currently, the use of Google Drive in students' schoolwork has proven very successful. The ability of submitting large files to Google Drive is very beneficial when it comes to big projects.

Google for Education review by Paige W.
Paige W.

"User Friendly Educational Tool"

What do you like best?

As far as user friendliness, nothing beats google. For both students and teachers.

What do you dislike?

It had less to do with Google and more to do with the school’s software in place. VBCPS was only partially switched over, and the other program was much less user friendly and not very comparable with google.

It’s great students especially those that are aspiring teachers themselves, as well as a valuable resource for presentations and smart devices.

Google for Education review by Destiny W.
Destiny W.

"fantastic tool for teachers"

What do you like best?

I love how everything Google works seamlessly together. This makes for a tremendous ease of use for both teachers and students.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret it! Everything is organized and works together on all platforms.

Students can keep their personal and school "identities" separate. There is no excuse for late work/no submission from students. Teachers can be exceptionally organized with the use of the Google platform.

Google for Education review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best Use of technology "

What do you like best?

When sub for classes it is a great tool for students to obtain the tools need to complete assignments. It allow for students not to be distracted by outside forces of media and gives students access to lesson materials when they absent. Also makes the learning experience interactive.

What do you dislike?

I do enjoy this product I recommend for all school systems

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool and teachers leave great notes for substitutes to follow with out any issues, The students from elementary school to high school use this tools without any issue. I think that all schools should consider using this product to enhance educational experience.

This helps with communication with the student and the teacher and also help with great tools for educational success

Administrator in Education Management

"Love Google for Education!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about google for education is the ability to collaborate on projects, revision history, auto save and it's all free!

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike. There are a few bells and whistles that micro-soft offers - but it's not worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the product of the future - with all the apps and extensions it really makes work a breeze. Love, love , love Google apps for educaiotn.

The ability to collaborate in real time is and awesome benefit.

Google for Education review by Denean B.
Denean B.

"Collaboration I Great"

What do you like best?

Love that the students can go onto a document and work on it together real time. This allows the students wot work on a project at the same time and collaborate to help each other and contribute.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike about this product. It is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use - very easy to use, organize and share.

This has allowed the students to share documents and work together at the same time on individual devices.

"Google for Education"

What do you like best?

This allows for easy collaboration between professional teams as documents can be shared and worked on in real time from many locations.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes in order to print you have to download the actual file versus being able to print directly from the Google site. This can clutter your desktop unless you remember to remove the files after printing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Monitor the sharing of your files as it can be easy to change the settings for all files while only wishing to do so for specific files.

When you have team members working in many locations, it can be challenging to jointly manage and work on files without a tool such as Google for Education. This saves times and makes collaboration easy.

Google for Education review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Google Classroom is a useful tool in the classroom to promote engagement. "

What do you like best?

Google Classrooms' interface is user friendly for teachers and students and is accessible from all devices. It is also an effective communication tool and makes sharing assignments and documents with students a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There are limited options for integration with other platforms, which can make organizing material or assignments from other tech resources difficult. It can make the classroom environment feel impersonal.

Google Classroom allows teachers to give effective feedback to students in real-time and it also speeds up the assignment grading process.

User in Education Management

"Google For Education has transformed the way I teach."

What do you like best?

GAFE allows me to individual my teaching for my students. It gives me the opportunity to interact with students in and out of school hours. Students can collaborate with each other and create a variety of different ways they can show their knowledge.

What do you dislike?

GAFE's freedom is great for teaching students how to be creative yet responsible with technology. Unfortunately, with younger students, there are still come things there are still some concerns that cannot be controlled even in the admin panel.

Keeping in contact with other staff members and administration across buildings while maintaining different documents in Drive has helped improved communication and organization.

"Google for Education"

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect with students and staff with ease using Google for Education. I like the Google Classroom feature as well. Love the connection on the Chromebook - makes accessing essay writing and communication through that easier.

What do you dislike?

I still don't quite understand how to do a survey with ease. It's easier for me to use Survey Monkey than the Google Survey that's offered.

Mainly communication between staff and students

Google for Education review by Fadoua E.
Fadoua E.

"This is a great way to use my institute email in the gmail format"

What do you like best?

I love the gmail setting and I like using google for education because it allows me to use the same features as gmail but using my university account instead. Same goes for all other educational tools such as google drive, calendar and so on.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, I highly recommend it.

I use it to organize my emails and files while collaborating with other people.

Google for Education review by Katrina R.
Katrina R.

"Google"

What do you like best?

I like that Google for education allows students and teachers to look at learning in different ways. Students are able to work at their own pace and become more proficient in technology.

What do you dislike?

There are some editing problems where products that are collaborated on get deleted because everyone has access and ability to edit.

Easy to use and accessible from any device. This means students can work anytime anywhere.

Google for Education review by Ellen H.
Ellen H.

"Google with apps is the best way to manage my classroom"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to see student work in progress and to communicate with other teachers to analyze all aspects of the child's performance.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this point that I dislike about Google.

I am able to communicate about student work to other professionals in "real time". I can manage student surveys, produce forms and handle almost anything on one platform.

"Just Google it!"

What do you like best?

Google is a household name, and there is no reason it shouldn't be. Google is a innovated company who clearly cares about it's costumers. Google for Education is no different. Google allows you to utilize all of their products in a convenient way.

What do you dislike?

Google lately has had issues with all of its features being available online. Recently one or more components have been down, thus making it difficult to utilize the product to its entirety.

Google for Education has solved a number of problems. With Chromebooks, all students have access to a computer. With G suite work is automatically saved. Google classroom allows for assignment distribution and grading.

Google for Education review by Melisa P.
Melisa P.

"A great service for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

An extremely user-friendly interface that any teacher can use!

What do you dislike?

Privacy laws are not as strict in Canada as they are in the USA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very easy platform to use! Great work, google!

I don't seem to be solving business problems though I am able to communicate more effectively and efficiently with my students and their families.

Google for Education review by David E.
David E.

"Google has been a life saver for the small Christian school"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the education suite is free but has all that we need to succeed in the education field.

What do you dislike?

I don't have too much to complain about. All my teachers love it once they learn how to use it.

We needed a cloud based storage and tools and Google education gave that to us while maintaining security and integration into the school

Google for Education review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Super simple and easy to use."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. My students are able to get into Classroom without a second thought. Gmail and Docs also help in the fight against paper.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Inbox is not yet fully integrated and that there is no real 'discussion board'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the embed ability for sharing almost anything.

It has made it much easier to go paperless in any classroom.

Google for Education review by User

"Grateful for Google"

What do you like best?

The greatest thing about Google for Education is the multitude of things you can do with it. My students and I love to use it for lessons and projects.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Google for Education.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it and teach your students to do so. It's great. Certification isn't required, but will help you do so much more with the GAFE.

My district is reducing paper and use of consumable materials. We have updated our curriculum and are teaching our students technology and collaborative skills they need now and for the future.

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"The google suite for education is great"

What do you like best?

Google provides a lot of applications in the suite for education, easy to log in using GoogleAuth. Easily integrates with other third-party applications and easily authenticates

What do you dislike?

Non so far. They just improved their calendar app, and the UI looks good

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software platform with many tools available for universities.

A toolbox of applications provided by one company that delivers continuous improvement with their releases.

Google for Education review by Consultant

"A must get thing"

What do you like best?

It has made my lessons a lot easier and convenient. Managing a class was never this much easier.

What do you dislike?

It makes the lessons more interesting and keeps the students engaged throughout the lesson.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to try all functions of the software. Make sure they work for what you want for your practice, and are beneficial for day to day use. Your software should make you more efficient!

It saves my time in planning lessons and teaching time is reduced. Students are more interested in doing things by themselves. It has enhanced their learning and eventually improved their grades

Google for Education review by Rachel T.
Rachel T.

"Google ED"

What do you like best?

The ability to use google education as a platform to help teach students in various categories

What do you dislike?

no big dislikes, maybe having more options of subjects and "Classes" as availability

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it to others that need to have a platform like this for education

the benefits of provided subjects and education an all levels to k-12 and above

Google for Education review by Rosh D.
Rosh D.

"One stop shop for document storage and collaboration"

What do you like best?

The number of features associated with collaboration on documents and projects

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time, Google is constantly improving the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is best used for project collaboration, but I would not rely on it for long term document storage or long term record keeping.

Allow users to create collaboration spaces for professional work that is outside of our campus LMS

"GAFE is excellent!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and how accessible the tools are for students and teachers.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Google Tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really the best platform for students and teachers to safely share educational documents with one another.

We have realized how easily documents can be shared through this platform. It makes feedback instantaneous and more meaningful.

Google for Education review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for tech savvy, can be overwhelming for beginners"

What do you like best?

Love the way everything integrates with each other. Being able to connect my e-mail, to my calendar, to a doc, to a form, and collect the data on a sheet...amazing!

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of cool, convenient features, but it can be very overwhelming for beginners.

Teaching students how to use technology to make their lives easier!

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"Stable, Secure, but Behind in Updates"

What do you like best?

I like that the Google features are familiar and give us access to features that we might not otherwise have access to if we were using an out of box solution

What do you dislike?

The feature updates are usually a version behind folks who are using the google apps outside of the education frame

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiar and Easy to use!

More stable and user friendly than some other platforms and it is something that can be used on any computer without worrying about whether or not I brought a Mac adapter with me or if their computer will read my file type.

Google for Education review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Google brings education to a whole new level"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and integrate into your classroom. Google forms make it easy to grade worksheets.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. I wish the skills that students learn in the Google suite translated to what the working world uses.

Managing the classroom is much easier. There is a consistency from classroom to classroom.

"Google for Education "

What do you like best?

Google for Education provides all the functions and benefits of traditional Microsoft products such as Word and PowerPoint, but with more ease of use and accessibility. With Google Docs, Slides, Forms, Sheets, etc. students can work online through Google Drive where all their Google files are saved and available for editing or review. Google Drive also saves one's work automatically.

What do you dislike?

One must have internet access prior to working offline.

Google Drive does not organize submissions as they arrive in the inbox, and sometimes it groups submissions into one email, so the user can't see all the submissions at a glance.

Google Forms needs an add-on/extension in order to grade the submissions. The answers from Google Forms are shown in a chart, which is not easy to read or grade quickly (especially if the answers are more than one word).

By using Google for Education, myself and other teachers in our district are promoting our goal of using less paper and increasing the use of technology in our classrooms.

We are working towards educating our students with new, upcoming products that will help students become more prepared for their future endeavors.

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"Great Google features but...."

What do you like best?

Many of the standard Google features work perfectly for Education. Efficient training, fast, good email capabilities, document sharing, all types of collaboration opportunities make it perfect for all for the higher ed environment. Even in the staff/non-faculty environment, it is a very strong system that meets the needs of a typically small, low budget IT environment. However, many employees and student are used to Microsoft Exchange and different features of the Microsoft Suite, thus the learning curve is harder than normal....so be prepared.

What do you dislike?

Google email does not have a strong variety of email capabilities. Labeling and robust storage helps but needs good discripline. Document sharing can be disorganized but the advantages outweigh all

Storge and sharing of documents, including collaboraiton on the documents, is very helpful as we are making many changes throughout the organization. This helps and improves the timing of our efforts such as automating multiple processes. The dreaded "meetings and committees" that take so much time are much more efficient, and some meetings eliminated, based on these enhanced functions.

Google for Education review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent educational apps suite that provides sound tools"

What do you like best?

The cloud computing component are by far my most favorite quality about this suite. That it can be utilized across multiple users (staff/faculty/students/alumni) is a solid bonus.

What do you dislike?

Change - I do not believe production applications and standard programs should be constantly changed in how they appear. This is not to say I've experienced the overly within Google fo Education but it has shown it's somewhat ugly head occasionally. Change should come infrequently in a gui.

Cost efficiency and technology consolidation - this allows us to save money and incorporate multiple software needs under one room.

Google for Education review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.