Google for Education

Google Apps for Education is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps schools and classes manage educational material from anywhere on any device. It's simple to setup, use and manage, allowing educators to work smarter and focus on what really matters.

Work for Google for Education?

Learning about Google for Education?

Google for Education Reviews

Showing 137 Google for Education reviews
Google for Education review by <span>Rainah P.</span>
Rainah P.

Google for the Win!

What do you like best?

Google Apps for Education is the best set of apps released with educators in mind. The user friendliness is unbeatable! I cannot say enough good things about these programs! These programs are unbeatable. I don't know what I'd do without this set of applications!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the Excel program and the corresponding forms. I am great with using forms, but cannot get the information to organize in a friendly way. I might just not have a strong enough knowledge base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just jump in! It's so user friendly and adds so much to your classroom. You won't regret it! :) It really is as easy as it sounds and you'll regret not doing it if you don't. Trust me on this one. It is a game changer as far as being innovative and creativity goes. Even if only Google Classroom, try it out.

The connectivity that is available is priceless! It's the first leap towards a PLN and connecting with other educators from all over the world! This is a real game changer in that regard.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google for Education
Google for Education review by <span>Charlie B.</span>
Charlie B.

Google for Education in a Classroom

What do you like best?

Google's collaboration tools are wonderful in a classroom setting. My students are able to work on projects together from across the classroom, school, or even across town. This ability to collaborate is key for working with students in the 21st-century. The ability to go back to previous versions allows me to easily look back to see what the students have been working on and for how long. This also allows me the chance to easily see who was working on which part of an assignment. The wide range of tools offers an excellent replacement for Microsoft Office.

What do you dislike?

Although Google for Education is a suitable replacement for Microsoft Office, there are some things that Google's apps cannot do that Microsoft excels at. As Google continuously updates their apps, this gap has lessened, but there are some issues that still come up, especially when working with spreadsheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a huge asset for our district. I would highly recommend at least trying it out since it is a free resource. I have also seen universities switch to Google for Education, so this is clearly where higher level education is going as well.

Google for Education is free. This has allowed our IT department to reallocate resources that used to be spent on Microsoft Office licenses. The collaboration component has also helped our students to transition into a 21st-century environment. Using Google for Education has helped our district to step into a more modern environment for our students and staff.

What Other Education solution do you use?

Google for Education review by <span>Matthew D.</span>
Matthew D.

A powerful and free apps platform for education

What do you like best?

Google provides a robust platform for teachers to get their work done. The combination of familiar tools like Drive, Gmail and Calendar lends the system a sense of familiarity. While the new tools like Keep, Meet and Classroom provide teachers with many options on how to develop and deliver content to their students. The administration tools let me fully control and manage the user experience to keep everything consistent.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, Google deprecates useful features. For example, you used to be able to host HTML documents out of Google Drive. While I understand that this contradicts with Sites, it allowed students to write raw HTML code and make their own websites without using any dev tools. Google also updates other features where the new version is not really any big improvement over the existing version. Google recently updated the login window for Chromebooks and Chromeboxes. The new login window is substantially larger than the old one and it blocks most of the new background that I deployed to my Chromebooks and Chromeboxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have training strategies in place for your staff and make use of the G Suite training extension.

By moving to G Suite, we have greatly reduced our yearly spend on Email. The new hosted system has removed a lot of stress and worry versus having an on premises solution.

Google for Education review by <span>Cristy T.</span>
Cristy T.

Efficient and easy to use

What do you like best?

It's everything in one product: from storing your own documents/files to creating your own files without needing Microsoft office. Plus with Google Calendar, the whole team can always see where you are and if you are available for meetings or not. With tools like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Calendar, Google for Education is a great resource for colleges and universities. My favorite part is the easiness you can share documents in between coworkers and students making it easy to add or edit documents.

What do you dislike?

Since administration chooses what employees can use/not use, sometimes is inconvenient that you do not have access to google developers for website resources. Other than that, I do not see anything I do not like. It's very easy to use and useful for every daily activity.

Communicating with my coworkers, managing my daily/weekly/monthly meetings/holidays/office celebrations, creating documents, sharing documents/files with coworkers and students for easy collaboration, storing important files that I can work on from different computers, keeping track of changes that have been made to documents by coworkers/students.

Google for Education review by <span>Amanda C.</span>
Amanda C.

Great apps that give access to students and faculty

What do you like best?

I love that Google for Education gives access to word and excel type files that you can access anywhere on any operating system without having to have the microsoft suite downloaded to your computer. It's a great tool for students and faculty alike. It also allows sharing between documents, which is highly valuable for documents you need to share or for group projects.

What do you dislike?

Right now I don't have any qualms with the google for education products. It's great how connected it makes everything. I haven't had any issues with it thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It's a great tool that brings people together. It's a great way to work on shared projects and keep your coworkers in the know.

It helps to share documents with the people that you need to share them with, without having to put them in a file that everyone has access to. It's easy to see who the document it shared with and who was the last one to make any changes to it.

Google for Education review by <span>Anna J.</span>
Anna J.

Why I love Google for Education

What do you like best?

Google for Education is a wonderful resource for both the teacher and the student. It eliminates the need for students to have to save and then possibly lose their work. Google automatically saves every few seconds.

It also allows students to work together on projects but eliminates the necessity of the group having to find a time to meet outside of school.

Finally, it allows the teacher to monitor progress and provide feedback that the student can see immediately on their project or paper.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that during group projects other students can delete work without the approval of the entire group. This was an issue during a group last year. One student did not like the work of another student so she deleted the entire project and wanted to start over. I think the delete function should need approval from other members if the document is a shared document.

I work in a school setting so I am not solving any business problems.

Learning about Google for Education?

* We monitor all Google for Education reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.