Google Hangouts

Host virtual meetings. Increase your team's productivity with meetings that hold up to 10 people and powerful tools like screen sharing and Google Docs.

Work for Google Hangouts?

Learning about Google Hangouts?

Google Hangouts Reviews

Ask Google Hangouts a Question
Showing 294 Google Hangouts reviews
Google Hangouts review by carlos eduardo b.
carlos eduardo b.

" it allows me to be in touch always"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a platform where you can stay in touch with family friends, colleagues. It is very useful because in any place and time you can be in communication, it is totally reliable. Google Hangouts has it all, it fits all needs, it can be used in business, offices, schools, universities and also a large group of friends, offers to make, calls, video conferences, videos called (free), really useful, very easy to use, even a child could use it.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about google hangouts, I have rarely had any problems with this tool, such as making video or audio calls, when sometimes the connection is very slow or low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, accessible, simple you will really like it, with just one gmail account and that's it.

The benefits I have received from Google Hangouts are many, I am satisfied with Google Hangouts because it allows me to have an instant communication with the people I want to communicate with.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts review by Cesar C.
Cesar C.

"Messaging that allows you to keep in touch with your environment"

What do you like best?

It is one of the most versatile tools for express communication, including members of a google community, its instantaneous messages are the guarantee of a fluent conversation between people of a country and others or from any place or part of the world, of positive things. find the corrector of words, the emoticons, the possibility of keeping the historical record of the conversation, the creation of groups of conversacion and the possibility of doing mobile with your cell phone

What do you dislike?

Of the negative things is that it is a tool that in the phone messaging replaced by default to the conventional msm and that does not allow a duality of both messaging, on the other hand the sound of the notices are little heard preventing messages when one is in very noisy areas, the other thing that should be improved is the video call depends a lot on the internet band this sometimes generates that the experience is not the most satisfactory for the user of the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Valuing the tool with social function, using its attributes combined with the other google programs allows you to generate greater satisfaction in the answers expected from the program by users

The expedited communication in real time also generates trust in your notifications because you know that it is in real time, it helps in addition to the meeting between people with common interests that for reasons of time or geographies can not be communicated except through this messaging

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Google Hangouts review by JENNY DEL CARMEN E.
JENNY DEL CARMEN E.

"Extraordinary tool for communication via Google instant messaging."

What do you like best?

It's a really effective tool that doesn't slow down your smartphone and it's also possible to use it via computers, which allows you to send voice messages, unlike Telegram, for example. Conversations are stored in the cloud and we can access them if we lose our mobile phone, or if we lose our mobile data, but I think the main advantage is that you may not need the other person's phone number, but you just need to have a Google Account, that is, you can contact whoever you want to have a Gmail account with.

What do you dislike?

From my perspective on its frequent use, I believe that the only negative aspect is that "It is not possible to know if the message has reached the recipient", or if it even came out from our cell phone. In this sense, I do believe that some improvements should be made to further optimize the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent communication tool, easy to use and Hangouts seems to be more secure than WhatsApp, as it has not yet detected any major attacks or problems and is more oriented towards a more professional and serious service.

Honestly, most meetings and business trips are unnecessary, not to mention that many of the meetings tend to be somewhat unproductive, and I, at least, avoid them as much as possible. All this could be perfectly solved with a videoconference via Hangout as it allows you to make them together to a maximum of 9 people and they can be public or exclusive, under invitation and provides the alternative of connecting different cameras to Hangout, being able to switch them so that this would allow you to see, for example, different areas of a room or different people. You can upload documents to share them among attendees and share your screen (fully or partially, i.e. specific windows). As available in G-Suite, the enterprise version of Google applications. You can use other channels at the same time to communicate.

Google Hangouts review by Nicole T.
Nicole T.

" I use Google Hangouts for a majority of my contact with my Law Firm"

What do you like best?

I love the accessibility of Google Hangouts because I am always in my Gmail work email I am constantly communicating with my staff mostly through Google hangouts because it is quicker than sending an email faster than sending a text it don't have to look at my phone I can continue to look at my computer and still be in contact with whoever it is I need to speak with at that moment Google Hangouts is very easy to navigate and quickly find people you would like to add to a conversation and I feel it's just more convenient than a text or an e-mail or any other form of communication while I'm working and I need to get something across clearly and quickly

What do you dislike?

I have to say the one thing I would dislike about Google Hangouts is the accessibility is very easy to create a Gmail account which gives you automatic access to a Google Hangout account as we all know there are number of scams out there related to all kinds of different events whether it's a fake online love scam also known as cat fishing or employment scams to get people to cash bad checks most of these people utilize Google Hangouts as a way to talk with the people they intend to scam I do not like that about Google Hangouts and I'm very weary every time I have any connection on Google Hangouts

I definitely think one of the biggest business benefits is the quickness of being able to communicate with my Law Firm staff if I'm out somewhere and I need to reach my paralegal an office manager quickly I write to them on Google Hangouts both immediately see it and are able to rectify the situation I use it again before or text or anything else so it has helped with communication within my staff we definitely are able to stay in touch with no excuses and no problems which has helped increase business no doubt because our communication is great

Google Hangouts review by Oscar Antonio R.
Oscar Antonio R.

"It is a messaging application and high-ranking video calls."

What do you like best?

This tool is very favorable to shorten distances between users who use the application for recreational, educational or business purposes, it allows us to reduce waiting periods since it is an application that acts in real time and helps us reduce costs in Stationery. This tool in the banking system in which I work, allows us to make video calls with a large number of participants which is good for conducting business conferences and training both locally and internationally. We can also use this tool in any part of the world, since it has an adaptable interface for mobiles, tablets and computers, this is great when it comes to being always connected with your friends or colleagues with just one call from This application. This messaging service is of high rank that is integrated into the google platform which is very robust in these times.

What do you dislike?

This application is very attractive in these times where communication is very important, however we must take into account the technological requirements necessary for good behavior, you need a good connection to the internet otherwise you can not access the tool, the conversations may be exposed at some point because they are stored in the cloud, in my case this is a problem because working in a bank where information is confidential, on the other hand, is an application that works properly and is very nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This messaging service I recommend it perfectly for all users whether for study, recreational or working in small, medium or large companies, it is a tool that can be easily adapted thanks to its pleasant platform. You will always keep in constant communication through the messaging service, calls or video calls and in real time you can verify and communicate with the people you want. It is a very useful, attractive, charming tool. I recommend it 100%.

This tool is very useful in all the sectors in which it is used, on a personal level you can be connected with all your friends, at the university level the professors can carry out professional training with several students at the same time, and at a business level they can hold conferences of business in any part of the world only the video call service that this has. It has many advantages one of it is that it is integrated to the google platform which is very friendly platform for all its users. In general, you can give solutions in all the aspects that you propose

Google Hangouts review by Maria Gabriela H.
Maria Gabriela H.

"Google Hangouts allows easy and simple communication linking with your Google data "

What do you like best?

It is an instant messaging application, which allows conversations between two or more users, these conversations are archived in the "cloud" with which it is possible to synchronize them between different devices, that is, the complete reading of the conversation is never lost, even if it changes the device several times. It is a functionality included in the Google platform. This tool is innovative given the rise of Internet technologies and the use of Digital Marketing, it is used to send and receive text messages, share photos and GPS location, make calls to other users of the service and to landlines or cell phones abroad , enjoy the YouTube videos in groups and make video transmissions that you can even record to post them later in some other website.

What do you dislike?

In Hangouts, it is not possible to locate your profile as invisible, it is only for Android devices and it is not possible to know if the message has been sent to the destination or if it comes from our cell phone, in comparison with the other more known services. It is necessary to have connection with Internet

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be said that Hangouts is one of the best options for everyone, that offers many services or options in the application that the other services do not offer, is the service that Google offers for instant messaging. It is the competition of Whatsapp, Telegram, Line, among the best known.

With Hangouts you can make public talks and you can access them from a link, likewise you can make the emission of debates, concerts, tutorials. During the conversations you can share images as well as send "emojis"

Google Hangouts review by Ana S.
Ana S.

"Hangouts to stay in touch by messages or video calls"

What do you like best?

This application allows me to send text messages, make video calls and be in contact with several friends or colleagues at the same time, I do it from my computer in the comfort of the house and I do not need your numbers, only I need to know your Gmail emails . My conversations are saved in the cloud so that you can stay safe and recover or access the information that all the comparator when required, this application is part of Google.

What do you dislike?

Hangouts currently presents among its disadvantages the fact that you can not send multimedia files, while other providers of these services if they allow it, also does not have a way that allows me to view, if the message I send reached its addressee also does not allow send voice memo messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this application you can make video calls, text messages to be in contact with family members, colleagues and conversations are saved in the cloud, since Google has incorporated this option allied to Google Drive which allows you to have them always available

.Hangouts gives greater security to the information that you share, not so other providers that have been suffered security attacks, for what I consider is a more professional and serious service to carry out my work communications, with all the security offered by google

Google Hangouts review by Gustavo M.
Gustavo M.

"Hangout is all-in-one"

What do you like best?

I like it because it integrates all your google accounts into one app, I mean, by using your google account you can chat, make a conference, receive/make a call, share pictures, files, videos, and a lot of things with one application.

It is possible to use it in a web version, that works on your gmail web page, so it simplifies the use.

What do you dislike?

It should be more friendly, I mean it should have more features to customize the app. Sometimes in web version it is too slowly, so the creator should review the processes and improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yeah, it is a useful tool to communicate in an only google account.

You can reach somebody by using your gmail account and it is not necessary to open another app or do something else to comunicate.

Google Hangouts review by Mario U.
Mario U.

"Connecting Live with Gmail Contacts easily"

What do you like best?

The integration of Google Contacts as the resource for persons available to chat with. Easy to start a one to one VideoCall or VideoConference with good quality. It´s free and supported by a huge system to rely on. Sincronizes seamless with your mobile phone vía native App, so you can continue conversations whatever you are.

What do you dislike?

Does not has grow in general usage even knowing of the good quality; wish I have more active contacts as the same level of other messaging services. Sometimes app can be heavy in resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try well their features and invite your professional contacts to start using; is a great way to combine Email and Messaging in one app

Talking quickly and fluid with contacts in a professional way. Initiate with no complex requirements a video conference.

Google Hangouts review by Jessie B.
Jessie B.

"Quick and easy, available for everyone!"

What do you like best?

I like that because so many people utilize gmail it's incredibly easy to access huge networks of collaborators. The chat service is so easily to use and using the chat actually helps me stay on top of my emails as well since I pay more attention as they arrive in my inbox. Overall, it's a huge productively jolt and it's excellent to have access to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it weren't disabled in certain enterprise network email systems since it can be extremely useful across any platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a short time and see if you like it! I bet you'll be converted rather quickly to enjoying it immensely. I would see if it impacts your productivity though because some people have a hard time staying focused when multitasking between chat and other tasks. However, don't be afraid to toggle the notifications so you don't lose any productivity by switching tasks!

It's the best chat platform for arranging meetings since everyone's gcal's can be synced and everything is all available on one platform while you're chatting with your colleagues scheduling meetings and assigning projects.

Google Hangouts review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.

"Available, but with a sea of mistakes"

What do you like best?

Apps for phones and extension for Chrome

Integration with mail

Calls

Stickers

an excellent platform for communication

possibility to make conference calls with video communication support

excellent communication quality

Integration with Google services (the presence of the 1st account makes it possible to use many applications)

What do you dislike?

It has already begun to pre-install on android (can not be deleted)

Errors after service updates

Image compression

A bunch of other minor flaws

complex interface

not so many users as in other messengers

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this service. I do not often meet online, but when I have it I use it. Everything is very intuitive and you do not have to understand what to set up. You can communicate with other people around the world and many things else there. For conferences or online meetings very well suited.

I recommend to everyone.

I used this application to organize video conferences (online meetings) from 5 to 20 people. It was difficult =)

Google Hangouts review by Ellen G.
Ellen G.

"Best Communication Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how fluid and easy Hangouts is to use! We can chat while in meetings - grabbing quick information and updates without the burden of an email. We can communicate with students - especially international students who might not have a functioning cell phone. Hangouts allows them to have a mobile communication network. We can video chat with incoming students - getting to know them and introduce them to the Google Suite before they get to campus. We can also message any of our colleagues - so easy!

What do you dislike?

I honestly, the one point of disappointment is the fact that you can't embed and send GIFs in the chat windows. I seems petty, but I love expressing my feelings with a short, looped, moving image. Hangouts is missing that opportunity!

We have discovered many ways to communicate with each other, with our students, and with incoming students!

Google Hangouts review by Jodie P.
Jodie P.

"Google Hangouts provides crisp sound quality and clear video streams"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts simplicity is its strong point. There aren't a ton of buttons to click. You can easily make a call just by clicking on one of your contacts. It's also great that information about your past conversations, like chats and call times, are stored in your contact's history section.

What do you dislike?

Google Hangouts usually works the way I expect it to work, so I can't say I dislike much about it. I think the hovering menu items during calls can be confusing at times, so if there's a way to change the layout style and functionality, that might be helpful for some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before an important call with someone that hasn't used Google Hangouts before, you should get acquainted with all the controls so you can quickly point them out to the person your talking to, if needed. Some people might get frustrated with the controls and not have the patience to figure them out.

I'm able to have productive calls and chats with Google Hangouts. I can use video calls to show references to people, which can help them to better understand what I'm talking about. I can also get a better idea of what others are talking about by seeing their faces and computer screens.

Google Hangouts review by Dale G.
Dale G.

"Smooth and easy video and voice calls"

What do you like best?

I mainly like that Google Hangouts is very simple to use. You can access it right away after signing into your Google account. Getting a call started is just a couple clicks away. There aren't a ton of controls or graphics to get the users confused. Everything is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The screen control feature can be difficult for some people to use at times. Knowing how to access the screen control feature isn't as clear as the other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is worth a try if you have a Google account. There isn't an extensive signup process where you have to fill in a bunch of information. You can just go right in and check it out.

I'm able to get in touch with many business people and communicate through text, voice calls or video calls. Google Hangouts makes collaboration and online meetings a breeze and isn't expensive like some other leading services out there.

Google Hangouts review by Donald W.
Donald W.

"High quality video calls and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is very easy to use and can be accessed right away if you have a Google account. The user interface is very simple and straightforward with large buttons and text that tell you what to do. You can see when your contacts are online and start chatting or calling them instantly. The video quality is very nice and clear.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't disable my camera view during a video call. There are times when I want to see the other person's video or computer screen, but don't want to show them my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts has pretty smooth call quality, so I think it's reliable in a professional setting. I think you can count on it to work for video calls and screen sharing. I haven't had any major issues with it so far.

I've been able to use Google Hangouts to connect with people on very productive calls. I can call coworkers to talk about projects and use the screen sharing feature to better explain things from my desktop. I've also been able to use it to give tutorials or to have other give me tutorials about many things.

Google Hangouts review by Jose Manuel V.
Jose Manuel V.

"Reliable alternatives for better communication"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this application is its simplicity, it is like handling text messages from the computer, a chat with a user-friendly interface, and that is stored in smart phones.

What do you dislike?

It could have more tools, that allow to handle more elements during the communication, without being intervened or interrupted conversations or video conferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It only requires your gmail and ready, you have a quick and easy way to communicate with the rest of the world

If the other applications fail, this is a good option to keep communications open, allowing chats, video conferences or voice calls, not only by the PC, but by the phones, in addition to the mobility that this allows.

Google Hangouts review by G. Jonathan G.
G. Jonathan G.

"Excellent voice and video communication"

What do you like best?

Hangouts is by far the easiest communication program I have used, and can be used in a huge number of situations where other competitors cannot. I love that I can email someone a link, and they'll be able to join any conversation with ease. The integration with Google Voice allows me to make phone calls from my computer with ease, and allows our team to stay in contact no matter where we are.

What do you dislike?

Generally Hangouts is excellent, but I wish it was slightly easier to share files and photos during a call, and it would be nice to be able to integrate SMS from my phone, instead of having to go through a number of different apps for those services. Though the video quality is often superb, there are times when it drops randomly to the lowest settings for seemingly no reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is an excellent video and voice conferencing software. Be sure to keep on the lookout for newly added features, as Google is moving towards integrating more business class features in the near future.

Hangouts allows the entire team to stay in contact with one another easily, even individuals who struggled with more traditional competing programs. The integration of Google Drive recently has made collaboration easier, and the coming changes look to offer even more functionality.

Google Hangouts review by Annie O.
Annie O.

"Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

It's an easy way to keep in touch with friends and family and the integration of the video messaging is wonderful. I really like how it has everything all incorporated, messaging, or audio, or video which ever is your way to comunicate they have the option ready and available for you.

What do you dislike?

I would like if there was a way to integrate contacts instead of having to send invites out to everyone. But other than that I really enjoy this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hangouts is a great way to stay connected, as I said before I use it personally and when used at work it is to keep in touch with those at a conference.

I rarely use it for business, although we do use it to keep in touch when some of us are on conferences and stuff like that. But I think that there are lots of other ways that the service can help others in different business

Google Hangouts review by Alyse F.
Alyse F.

"Use it Everyday!"

What do you like best?

I like that conversations are saved in my Gmail account. I love that I can now scroll back as far as I want in any G-chat thread (this used to not be the case). I like being able to set a custom status or be online but invisible. I like being able to show other people I'm "busy" and unavailable to talk. I like being able to call other peoples' phone numbers - and better yet, I like being able to call my own phone from my computer when my phone is lost :) I like being able to video-conference with more than one person.

What do you dislike?

I dislike whenever my chats are somehow undeliverable or I get the notification that they may not being showing up to the reader. It can be a bit of a crap-shoot. I wish there was a way to keep the video streaming on one person as opposed to whoever is using the microphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest way to keep in touch while on your computer. Quicker than reaching for your phone to text. Best way to video-chat with more than one person at once.

I'm able to talk to G-chat users at any point in the day as long as they're signed in. I'm able to leave messages in text form as opposed to voicemail form. I believe G-Hangouts allows me to keep everyday tabs on the people in my life with ease.

Google Hangouts review by Michele O.
Michele O.

"Great for educators and connecting for meetings!"

What do you like best?

I like he ease of connecting with others through hangouts. It takes just a short time to learn the platform or to teach others how it works.

What do you dislike?

At times I experienced some connectivity issues, it was most likely internet issues but frustrating none the less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wold recommend doing practice run throughs with Hangouts prior to actually needing it to make sure you are aware of the process and features.

I am able to conduct meetings with others from afar. One of the most exciting things is to have a guest speaker to my classroom through Google Hangouts! Students were able to contact and talk with artists also through their Chromebook/Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best way to communicate in the office"

What do you like best?

It's easy, especially being on the phone with the customer and you need to ask questions or answer a question put forth. I can get my answer while still assisting my customers, as well as my colleagues helping theirs. They make it easy to just drag and drop images for better analyzing or just plain fun.

I originally wasn't much of a fan of Hangouts, many moons back. When I was told it was the main form of messaging, I was a little indifferent and not sure how well I'd adapt. Turns out I adapt well and love being able to use it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much to dislike, at the moment. I have only been (actively) using it for work for the last few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can keep an eye on who you've messaged, remove them from the list if you have no need to message them daily. It's good, especially if you're working in another room and the person you are asking a question is in another.

General questions about customer issues. Showing screen shots of problems I can't figure the answer to.

Google Hangouts review by Vivian L.
Vivian L.

"Easy to use and it is right there in your G-Mail account!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Hangouts is that you can connect with any user that uses the G-Mail platform. It shows when users appear to be online, offline, and how long ago that they have been active! You can mute notifications if you're working on something and you can create group chats with more than 10 people without it getting confusing!

What do you dislike?

The app can be glitchy sometimes and won't show my most recent chats. One thing that Google Hangouts could improve on is the ability to add more people into a video conference and not setting a maximum limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is definitely a great place to chat with your co-workers, family, and friends. It provides easy accessibility to people who may not have a chat system at their work. Also, Google Hangouts lets you appear offline if you need to concentrate on one thing at a time! Perfect for our generation :)

Being able to chat with someone from your company if they don't have a chat feature within their intranet system. Sometimes it is much easier to directly chat with someone than wait on their e-mail.

Google Hangouts review by User

"Great way to communicate instantly with employees"

What do you like best?

I like that the communication arrives instantly once sent. This works great especially in a medical office setting.

What do you dislike?

If you do not log out and someone else and it is on a shared computer privacy can be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts does allow for quick communication with others that may not be able to respond quickly via phone or email. I do recommend this product. It is also a great product for personal use as well. I can use this app to communicate with my daughter that is not old enough yet for a phone with active service. This app can be downloaded and used with Wi-Fi.

This product helps with multi-tasking. We were able to recognize the benefit of our call center staff being able to respond to other requests instantly and now interfering with the call center phone lines.

Google Hangouts review by Maria Gabriela M.
Maria Gabriela M.

"Communicating with Google Hangouts."

What do you like best?

I highly recommend Google Hangouts because it is very useful, it allows us to communicate through text messages, calls and video calls with our google contacts, it also facilitates communication, because just open the mail we are active in Google Hangouts . It is also easy to use both on the computer, cell phone and table.

What do you dislike?

It can be improved that communication is more stable in video calls in lower capacity internet connections

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is easy to use and manage

I have been able to resolve work issues using Google Hangouts by communicating with work colleagues who are far away.

Google Hangouts review by Beth W.
Beth W.

"WE LOVE HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

Love that you can video chat, using front facing or rear facing cameras, love that its super easy to download, love that almost everyone including iPhone users and android users can use it as an app. Love how convenient this is and how it pops right up onto email when you have it open. Love this!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I could say is make the android app a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recommend this to anyone who loves the simplicity of just clicking on an icon and chatting!

tons! We can communicate easily without any problems where anyone is located whether it be on a computer or a phone or a tablet! We love this!

Google Hangouts review by Janene B.
Janene B.

"Just like Texting"

What do you like best?

Reminds me of text messaging but we use it for work. Love being able to chat with multiple people at the same time. Enables me to multitask and get answers that I need quickly. A detailed email is not always necessary when you have a quick question or statement. This makes it really easy to respond and get a response.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, except for a couple of times I had hangout requests sitting in there that I did not know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend this product to everyone for both personal and business use.

I can't say enough good about Google Hangouts. Whoever came up with it was a genius. I can be working on 3 or 4 things at once and can send out a quick chat/questions to multiple people and can keep working while I wait for an answer. Its in "real time" so it saves having to get up and walk all over the place to find the person you need to ask a question or tell something to.

Google Hangouts review by Chastin J. M.
Chastin J. M.

"Google Hangouts runs my business"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of communication with Google Hangouts. I use Google Hangouts in and out of my business. Our business phone number is a Google voice number so therefore all communication for that number goes through google hangouts. I like that there is an app for the computer and the phone so you don't have to do everything from the phone. I like that multiple people can use it at the same time. It's really easy to use. There is also great video and audio conferencing capabilities. I prefer to use GH over Skype or any other platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the phone app for iPhone. It's not as integrated as the Android version. I would like it if the app allowed you to add contacts to your phone book from it.

It is solving the communication problems. The benefits that I have realized is the ability for multiple users to interact within Google Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by Terrance D.
Terrance D.

"Review - Google Hangouts "

What do you like best?

For video conferencing and collaborative video solutions, Hangouts delivers a great experience with minimal fuss. In my previous roles in quality assurance and customer-facing CRM consulting, I found Hangouts to be superior to other web conferencing platforms (Skype, Lync, ooVoo). When paired with other Google apps, we're able to provide a comprehensive and holistic solution for collaborative work in and out of the office.

What do you dislike?

I experience occasional hiccups in transitioning between calls from mobile to desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to double check documentation and regularly do diagnostics with team admins to ensure that you can provide the best experience on video.

Attribution, collaborative development on CRM rollouts, enterprise video conferencing.

Google Hangouts review by Krishna Priyanka C.
Krishna Priyanka C.

"I use this every day"

What do you like best?

- Ability to use the product without installing additional software as it is integrated with gmail.

- Almost everyone has a gmail account so no additional step of creating an account specifically for this.

- Excellent for personal use.

- Good for conference calls if the team is small (there is a limit of 15 users).

- Exceptional when interacting with remote people and one-to-one with remote people.

- Very good quality most of the time.

What do you dislike?

- There is a limit of 15 users. Makes it useless when holding company wide or department wide conferences.

- Video/audible troubles noticeable number of times.

- Echo problem. Noise cancellation is not that good.

- It best suits for personal use and is not designed as a business solution. No chat groups or ability to pin/index important conversation parts which I think are more valuable while using a team group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent software if you have a small team or for one-to-one conversations and meetings. Also excellent for personal use. But I would not use it as a business solution and/or to hold large conference calls.

But on the whole I love this product as there are no better available alternatives not atleast I want to try as this is right there when I check my email and I need not even have to open another tab to use it when on desktop.

This is especially wonderful when holding standups and interacting with remote people. We use gmail as business email so using hangouts is easy and free available option for us with no additional software we have to install . We use it every day and is wonderful not for just conversations but also to debug issues in code. I wish remote desktop control is integrated within the software which will make it lot easier when debugging. I think we need to install an addon software to enable it. Never tried.

Google Hangouts review by Priyanshu K.
Priyanshu K.

"Best gateway for video conferencing "

What do you like best?

Hangout is really a best gateway to connect with friends/relative for get to get meets..

Hangout provides a best platform for multi people meets via audio/video conferencing.

Hangout provides a secure and quick get to get meet in quick succession of time.

Hangout connect with everyone in quiet ease..

What do you dislike?

Hangout deduct a high data cost for meet via video conferencing..

High data cost only creates a disturbance in path of hangout usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for google hangout it's really awesome for video conferences with so ease in quick succession.

Multi people business meets.

Private meets with friends/relatives.

Google Hangouts review by Brittany P.
Brittany P.

"Organized Way to Meet with Your Team "

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes team meetings (especially if you have two offices) super simple and easy. The use of the product is great - and had no issues when using it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Hangouts will switch screens/users to highlight if they think they are talking. It'll pick up a background noise and will switch to their screen versus keeping it on the presenter. But there is a feature where you can click to present to everyone to prevent that in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like all Google service products are easy to use and the Holy Grail for all. With that teams and companies with two or more offices in different areas, should just utilize Google Hangouts versus a paid platform. It's easy to use, anyone can navigate it, and does it's job.

Google Hangouts is solving the business problem by creating effective communication with the team. This helps a lot of companies that have two or more offices in different areas and where they are unable to meet face to face. With that it's super beneficial as it creates a line of effective communication.

Google Hangouts review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Google Hangouts a Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to connect with coworkers around campus who may not be at their office phone/desk, so this is the only way to reach them. I also personally like the emoticons and different pictures you can send. You can turn your chat history on or off, depending on if you want to save or not save your conversations. You can download the Google Hangouts app for your mobile phone and pick up a conversation where you left off at a computer.

What do you dislike?

I think because I had an older version installed on my Gmail account, sometimes my chat screen will revert back to the old style. Sometimes the chat screen will freeze up completely and I will have to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to chat with coworkers when they may not have access to their office phone, or may be on their phone on another line but are able to answer my question through Google Hangouts.

"Such an easy program!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I am able to do a video call, voice call, and screen share. I work remotely a lot and sometimes my boss wants to be able to see what it is that I am doing. Being able to do a screen share with him has made things extremely easy for me to do.

What do you dislike?

I find that it can be a bit buggy. When I do video calls the call will drop and I have full service and so does the other person. There must be an issue somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and free software to use, this is the one you are looking for.

Being able to work from home and share with a client or my boss what I am doing is very helpful.

Google Hangouts review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Google Hangouts! No Hang-ups!"

What do you like best?

Google once again provides an amazing product for free. It is integrated into Google Calendar and so easy to use. Its design is even more intuitive than Skype or any other video conferencing software. Perhaps the most valuable feature is how it can connect so many different users at the same time. I have had 5 at once with no issues.

What do you dislike?

None in particular. The connectivity seems very reliable, but you are at the mercy of other people's connection strength. The design and interface seem intuitive, but I don't like how the video call opens a new window. This means you have to toggle back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reboot your computer if you switch back and forth between Skype and Hangouts. I have found the audio will be muted unless I restart the computer.

As an author, I use Google Hangouts in tandem with Google Docs to write books. It is more productive to see my co-writers face-to-face in real-time as we write together.

Google Hangouts review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Easy Team Communication"

What do you like best?

We have teo offices and we work daily with them. Google hangouts makes it so easy to stay in touch without disrupting what your doing with a phone call.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there seems to be a lag or it doesn't refresh when someone replies depending on your internet sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a simple way to keep a team that is spread out connected, then Google hangouts is a great way to make your team feel like its all in the same room.

Bridging the gap between our marketing and customer service teams that are in two separate locations. It has allowed us to make quicker communication than email and less disruptive than a phone call.

Google Hangouts review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not loaded with features, but meets the minimum that I require"

What do you like best?

I very much enjoy that it syncs with my mobile and desktop, so that if I need to run to a meeting I can still receive notifications (and use the app) from my phone.

Having my Hangouts conversations indexed with my gmail makes me life much easier when I can't remember if I had a conversation with someone via email or chat, and I can just search in one place to find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I do struggle sometimes with syncing issues, where mobile or desktop will be behind the others. I haven't quite figured out why it happens, because sometimes I have both devices sitting in front of me and I haven't moved/switched from wireless to data/etc.

Sometimes my sound notifications just randomly cease to work for periods of time. Same thing, nothing has been moved or changed, but I suddenly no longer receive sound with my notifications (which as a busy person, I sometimes require to get my attention).

I also like that I can view if someone is viewing from their mobile or desktop (if they have that setting turned on, of course) - it helps me monitor my staff and understand how they work. I've found that some people are just much more responsive from their phone because it's always on them, whereas others don't check it at all and have to be at their computers to be productive and responsive.

Google Hangouts review by sujeet k.
sujeet k.

"Best messenger for official purpose"

What do you like best?

Voice call video call and chat options, all conversation are stored in cloud we can refer them any time from inbox. Group chat

What do you dislike?

Can include more feature like in WhatsApp, chat encryption is missing.

Invitaion is needed to start a new conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the most easiest way to keep in touch while on your computer. Best way to video-chat with more than one person .

Stay connected with your colleagues while working.It can be used on phone and on a system.

Better than phone call.

Google Hangouts review by Fernando E.
Fernando E.

"Good integration between SMS and voice calls."

What do you like best?

I like the handling of my SMS in conjunction with voice calls, which allows me to communicate with clients and suppliers that are not available to communicate by other applications with a larger number of users.

What do you dislike?

It has few active users. As a calling application it is little known by most people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give you a chance to use this application as an aid when communicating with other people.

Through this application I have been able to communicate with users that they don't have other chat applications installed on the phone, since Hangouts is pre-installed on most Android systems.

Google Hangouts review by Consuelo L.
Consuelo L.

"Regular video calls, calls and messages"

What do you like best?

You only need your google account to use this application.

You can talk with 100 people in the same conversation.

There are masks and emojis to ñlay with, when ypu are making the video call.

What do you dislike?

The maximun number of person for making a video call at the same time is 10.

This application has improved a lot, but the quality of the sound and the video can be improved.

Meeting with people.

You can see anyone that is far away, online and for free

Google Hangouts review by Sid J.
Sid J.

"Good for calling within North America"

What do you like best?

The best part is that calling to US and Canada is free. When I used it to call US from Canada, the call quality was decent since the recipient was able to hear me clearly.

What do you dislike?

The voice quality is bad whenever I call within Canada so I have stopped using it for nation-wide calls unless I run out of all my cell phone minutes. I also dislike how the number is blocked when you call, which discourages recipients from answering the phone and makes it impossible for them to call back. On the other hand, Textplus/Nextplus gives lets us pick a phone number which we can use as our own to make and receive calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out other apps like Nextplus where you can get a number and get free credit by performing some actions like app downloads to call a wide range of countries - not just US and Canada. If you only want to call within US & Canada, then Google Hangouts could be your go-to for free unlimited calling.

I am solving the problem of having no US-calling minutes in my cell phone plan. I have been able to benefit by using this app when there is no other way to call for free.

Google Hangouts review by KUMAR UJJWAL S.
KUMAR UJJWAL S.

"Hangout really makes every distance between friends,colleagues and lovers to be short."

What do you like best?

Well the best part about Google Hangout is that it feels to be the most secured video chatting platform I've been using for a while. I'm really concerned about my chats and video calls but I feel really assured when I'm using Hangout since everything goes through under Google's server. The quality of the calls and the easy of access makes it really simple to use and it just works super nicely with the connection quality.

What do you dislike?

The one and only thing which I really feel that Hangout should be improved is the stability of the program. Although we get such nice features and everything from Hangout so this problem can be ignored but it really is a bit irritating when you're on a hangout call with your loved one and suddenly the audio video crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just say that if this Google Hangout gets to be more stable then this can be the best audio/video calling software put to use. And others can really try it as Hangouts are secured and much easy to use

Well it really is having a very nice conferencing platform and it makes it easier for those meetings which termed as business problems but in a very friendly way.

Google Hangouts review by Bradley C.
Bradley C.

"The simple solution to video conferencing "

What do you like best?

Compared to the various video conferencing features I've used, Google Hangout is the best. There's no unnecessary software to download or annoying dial in codes or anything like that. Find a contact, invite them and start chatting! It's simple and easy to use, which in my book is how a quality communication product should be made. If it's more difficult than making a phone call, you've lost my interest. Google Hangouts passes with flying colors!

What do you dislike?

Honestly I know I should be able to think of something I dislike, but at the moment I can't think of anything. It is another great product in Google's suite of communication tools. Way better than Google+

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you want to message with friends while at the office or setup a business conference via video, Google Hangouts are great! It's simple, convenient and rarely has issues. I use it nearly everyday to avoid texting at the office or catchup face to face with a friend traveling overseas. A wonderful (and free!) product. Thumbs up, Google.

Video calls, video interviews for later use as web content, messaging, web conferencing for work and personal.

Google Hangouts review by Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.

"Google Hangouts - A Great Alternative to Zoom"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes video conferencing effortless! Easy to join, record, mute, and not limited to participants. Makes it easy to file share, as well as to share screen and show participants any information located on your computer. Also able to record and share link for users who were not able to join the live meeting.

What do you dislike?

At times, the links can be tricky. They don't always work, and people can't always join if they are late. At times, the moderator must exit and rejoin or create a new link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More user friendly than other programs and connects to Google drive

Being able to share a video conference with a large number of people. You are able to post a mass invite for others to join. Allows you to reach mor epeople

Google Hangouts review by Christian N.
Christian N.

"Great pricing to international business that need to make calls worldwide."

What do you like best?

You can call any phone number in any country at a reasonable price. The process to make calls is very straight forward.

you can call phone numbers and gmail contacts. When you call your gmail contacts, you can have video conference calls with several contacts at the same time. All this for free but phone calls outside the US

What do you dislike?

You can not have your own phone number. If you want people to all you, you will have to provide maybe a skype number. This is bad because you sometimes will have to switch between apps in order to receive calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The possibility of buying your own phone number and use it in the app.

I need to make calls to several people in different countries. Skype fees are more expensive than hangouts. I concentrate in one app my calls to my gmail contacts, and phone calls to clients and business partners.

Google Hangouts review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"A great choice for communication purposes"

What do you like best?

What I really like about the service is the reasonability in price. Basically, one can make international calls at a relatively low cost. I like the integration it has with other Google products like Google Calendar and the Gmail. I like its design, it is great, easy and fun. The product is quite easy to use as it requires no added programs to work. Mainly, only a Gmail account is needed to use it, no other added steps. The service provides one with an option to choose people to communicate with, you invite them to your Hangouts session then start the conversation. I also like the quality of video and voice it facilitates, it is great. Currently, its integration with YouTube is making funnier to use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the Google Hangout product is that if one is using it for the first time, one need to update the plugins and then restart the browser. This whole process is nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform can be quite resourceful for small organizations because less resources, in terms of cost, is required. It is a quick way to chat with workmates, or when a manager need to communicate to the juniors and part/all of them do not have access to cell phones. I highly recommend the use of Google Hangout.

Google Hangout is used as a solution to deficiency in effective communication process in the organization. Its use is providing an effective inter-department communication for purposes such as consultation. It is also being used as a tool for management. The managing board can meet over the platform through video conferencing, thus saving on time to travel to a common place.

Google Hangouts review by Anil D.
Anil D.

"A real HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

its a Google product.With material Ui to Classy Google Touch.

As it is Google you can find all your friends / colleagues here !! Just simply

go for chat or video chat or have video conferencing with group

What do you dislike?

Dislike may be its just annoying but i think its notification pop up , well you can set it off .

Used for having group Discussion which helps us to get the perfect ideas and ways to implement things.

Google Hangouts review by Paula L.
Paula L.

"Useful tool for video conferences"

What do you like best?

In our company, we are really pleased about how easy it is to access: you just need a google account and internet. We use it for last-minute conferences and also for scheduled talks amongst colleagues. Sometimes we do use the chat if we are in place with no good internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the quality of the phone call is not the best, though what actually matters for us is communication and document sending, so it’s not a big issue.

We do use it to call our colleagues and other employees to talk about doubts about translation assignments. It is really immediate and it allows us to work quicker without being at the office.

Google Hangouts review by User in Internet

"Great solution for many problems."

What do you like best?

It is a very simple messenger that can be used from most any device. When traveling internationally I can still message people normally without them knowing I am out of the country. VOIP features are nice as well. Especially since you can get a second number for free.

What do you dislike?

VOIP can be tricky to set up depending on how you are trying to use it. Also signal seems to have more effect on VOIP than video conferencing when using on a mobile device. Also, if you want it to ring in normally for for people calling you there is no way to tell if it is a VOIP call through hangouts or a standard call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any conferencing service there are at the very least 2 end users. The easier it is for the person you are contacting the better.

Free international messaging and VOIP. Webinars are also a perk.

Google Hangouts review by Lic. Francia Sanoja b.
Lic. Francia Sanoja b.

"Chat sencillo de google"

What do you like best?

Lo que me mas me gusta es que al abrir mi cuenta de google con el correo automáticamente aparezco en línea y aún desconectandome desde el computador puedo seguir conectada desde el teléfono. Además que guardada las conversaciones o mensajes recibidos y permite verlos al establecer conexión de internet como cualquier otro chat.

What do you dislike?

No hay algo que me disguste. Sin embargo podría establecer mayor publicidad sobre sus bondades y usos para tener una mayor plataforma de usuarios. Mejoraría los vídeos de comunicación también.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excelente programa de comunicación y conexión individual y empresarial.

Muchos a nivel de trabajo y personal con la comunicación efectiva a traves de todos los canales.

Google Hangouts review by User in Financial Services

"Google Hangouts, Not Just Another Chatting Application"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this app, apart from it's clever name, is the ability to have your contact list easily accessible to you. It syncs a list of all your contacts and differentiates between users of the app, and non-users of the app.It's like an alternative to texting as emoticons can be used, and images can be sent through this application. I also enjoy the fact that you can sign in with your email-address, as opposed to using your phone number.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the mobile app does not provide information regarding which contacts are online, nor does it provide their statuses. This application is also lacking many administrative options. I also find this application slow to use at times on android. I also find that with this app, notifications are sometimes missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend recording business-meetings for reference for people who couldn't attend the meeting. I also recommend turning off notifications during important business meetings.

Google hangouts can be used to store all of my business-contacts. Also, I can create a Google Hangout Branding page to advertise my business. I am able to conduct business oversees by using the calling feature. It is free over Wifi

Google Hangouts review by Zachary D.
Zachary D.

"Video chat and text from just about any device"

What do you like best?

I like that not only can you call, text and video chat all from one app but it's available on almost any platform. It's rare someone has a device not capable of running Hangouts. Video conferencing makes spring up meetings with other sales associates, or clients so simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will have trouble connecting, I don't know why it only does it every now and then

It makes brainstorming and working with other associates in different states so easy. Video meetings can be like webinar's too teaching new hires step by step and showing them how to do things instead of just a text, phone call, or email.

Google Hangouts review by Russell H.
Russell H.

"Technically efficient but there is always human error."

What do you like best?

Easy to jump on a call with multiple people and easy to join across multiple devices. Can switch between video and voice only seamlessly. Great software.

What do you dislike?

There seems to always be human error. It can be confusing who's calling who or if there is as existing call in progress. Be sure to be clear when you are communicating with your team who's calling who or where to sign-in to the meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use google in your organization it perfectly integrates for internal communications.

Great for collaborating between remote teams. As a freelance I work with several different people and teams across multiple time zones. You can quickly jump on a call to collaborate which is a huge time saver.

Google Hangouts review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Hanging out as always"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use Google Hangouts is. There is no learning curve to this product. You can pick it up and start using it right away. This is rare in this day and age. I like how user friendly it is, and how I was able to get my message across to followers with little or no effort.

What do you dislike?

I wish more people would use this. It feels like there are other platforms that allow for a bigger user base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts gives you a great platform to chat with whomever and spread word of your business, product, event, or anything you would like. You can share with just about anyone, and allow anyone to come in and join you. I highly reccomend giving it a try. The learning curve for using it is easy as can be, and truly anyone can pick it up and get started.

We hosted a podcast here. It allowed us to step away from YouTube when it was acting up, and saved us from having to spend money to host our podcasts on other websites.

Google Hangouts review by Ashley L.
Ashley L.

"Wonderful IM/chat tool"

What do you like best?

I love that I can access hangouts from my desktop, app, or gmail. Hangouts has been a fantastic tool to keep in touch with colleagues. Hangouts has been great for managing contacts.

What do you dislike?

When I have the desktop notifications enabled, a popup will come up in the lower right portion of the screen that often gets annoying. A minor complaint for an otherwise great product!

My team often uses Hangouts for a quick meeting when we aren't all in the same building. It helps us stay in touch regardless of where we are.

"Easy & User-Friendly!"

What do you like best?

Gchat is highly accessible and compatible across different devices. I love that I can chat with my friends and family whenever I need to, across all of our different devices (MACs, iPhones, Android devices, etc.)

What do you dislike?

This may just be a bug, but when I hover over someone's contact, I cannot tell what email they're actually chatting me from. Rather, it just shows their full name (which makes it hard to understand if I'm communicating with a professional vs. personal account for example).

Google hangouts makes it very easy and convenient to chat with one or many colleagues, integrate calendars, etc. The ease of use is by far the best aspect of this communication platform!

Google Hangouts review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Clear Communication"

What do you like best?

I work remotely full-time, so this tool is the one form of communication I use most in communicating with my co-workers. I rely heavily on it on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There haven't really been any major issues. The app is a bit more difficult to use, but other than that, it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Google Hangouts for chat and for meetings. It is very easy to use and navigate, especially if you are already using Gmail or other Google-based services.

There are too many benefits to name with the use of Google Hangouts. I rely on it for chat, meetings, and for the majority of my daily communication with my co-workers.

Google Hangouts review by Rachel F.
Rachel F.

"Good for Groups"

What do you like best?

Talking to a large group, and being able to see their faces during the meeting. I also love that we can switch presenters quickly with minimal lag time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's confusing who is talking, and the audio recording feature is hard to use. I would also like to see the volume easier to control for when we switch presenters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is considerably easy to use, and allows users to easily switch between presenters and share their screens. It's interface is easier to understand than Citrix or GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar.

In instances where we need to get our team on the same page, using Google Hangouts is very beneficial. It helps us see where our project is and what still needs to be done.

Google Hangouts review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Game Changing"

What do you like best?

It's easy. reliable and overall awesome. My team is split up between two locations and I often need to connect with them quickly. Google Hangout makes it possible for us to chat through important agenda items without having to set up a conference calls

What do you dislike?

The quality of the call can vary a bit, but typically this is a minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple virtual meetings, dump go to meeting. Hangout is simple and everyone has access to it.

My team is hardly ever in the same place so having adwords allows us to connect several times a week without having to set anything up. I can just simply hit the call button and chat through something real quick.

Google Hangouts review by Joel A.
Joel A.

"I'm satisfied"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, lightly, multiple platforms to use it, and i can do all what i need, attach pictures and so on. ONLY from the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

from the desktop app all the features are very very limited you just can do the basis there when it you be better. unlike the mobile app has more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

add more features

easy communication and very stable.

Google Hangouts review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Google Hangouts never works properly "

What do you like best?

I really like the idea of Google Hangouts--all of Google's other products are great--but Hangouts has just never worked correctly. There are lots of other similar services that work much better, so Google loses my business on this one.

What do you dislike?

My experience with Google Hangouts was bad connections, bad sound quality, and generally just not working well enough to use in a business setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend people use one of the more effective and easy-to-use video collaboration tools.

We were trying to use it for collaborations among non-colocated team members, but we were never able to use it.

Google Hangouts review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"I Stay Connected With Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts lets me stay connected with clients without having to always type up a formal email. If I have a quick question I can see if they are online and active and I know if I can message them. Having the ability to video chat at the same time makes some conversations even easier. I also love that I can use it on any device, if I am out I can use it on my phone, in the office on my computer, traveling on my laptop... anywhere I have a connection.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of much I dislike about Hangouts... one time I made a call and I could hear myself on the clients side.. it was a bit distracting but we hung up and called again and everything worked perfectly. The only other thing I can think of is that it is far too easy to get caught up in Google Hangouts since it is literally right there in my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Google Hangouts if you work with other people. Emails tend to be formal or they fill my inbox and sometimes I don't check every email I get.. Hangouts pops up as a chat so it grabs my attention for important things. It is a great FREE tool that can only make your business run smoother.

Hangouts help me with my business because it lets me interact with co-workers and clients quickly and when I have a quick question or request I don't have to type up an entire email, I just message them. It also helps me get together with a group of people even if we aren't all in the office.

Google Hangouts review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"A Teacher's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

I love that this app works on all my devices, so I can communicate with co-workers and students regardless of my location.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Hangouts can be glitchy. I have had links not work and calls dropped, but overall this is easy to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that everyone is ready when doing multi-person video calls as sometimes there can be drops, but once you are in, it works wonderfully. The chatting and calling features on mobile devices is great.

Phone calls can be time-consuming, and it is so much faster to send a message that pops up on the computer or cell phone screen.

Google Hangouts review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Easy to communicate"

What do you like best?

Its very convenient to use. I've been using this always at works to send urgent message and essential information.

What do you dislike?

need connection to communicate to anyone,

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to use google hangout to communicate very important things in fastest and safe way

I never had problems with Google hangout. Its very useful within and outside working area to communicate co work mates or colleagues

Google Hangouts review by Tara F.
Tara F.

"Handy, Often Overlooked"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to use for messaging friends or coworkers. People forget about this tool too often I think. It's way quicker than email that's for sure.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it never actually erases the your history. I would erase my conversation with somebody and the next time they would message me the whole history would be there again.

I am saving time because I do not have to login to another software program to use messaging services. I'm already logged in my email anyway so it's convenient that you can use this wherever.

Google Hangouts review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Not terrible "

What do you like best?

Hangouts is great at scheduling at quickly and on the fly . As easy as hopping on a call which is nice . Video is also a nice touch

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is not great with people plugging in by phone /has some audio video issues . Also limited ability to use chat /share files compared to zoom . Not bad for being free but not as seamless as I’d like

I’ve solced the ability to gather a small group of people like a smaller team I work with on a web call at a moments notice without scheduling one . More efficiency

Google Hangouts review by User in Higher Education

"Nice to hangout on this platform"

What do you like best?

1. User-friendly

2. Voice text message

3. Chrome extension (notifies me whenever I receive a message or call )

What do you dislike?

If you are logged in the hangout app on your phone and also on your laptop, you get a call on both the devices. That is good but It rings at both places. (Creates too much noise in the room because of the ringing of both the devices).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the good video quality chat, Google Allo is the best.

Hangout can be used for professional and personal use since it is available on both PC and phone

Just to talk with friends/family.

Google Hangouts review by Edwin M.
Edwin M.

"Used for Personal and Business"

What do you like best?

I like how convenient it was to use and link to my phone and email

What do you dislike?

The startup time of the of the app online takes to long

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is still around as they just recently shut it down. Download it because its great for conferences, doing interviews (sometimes people request interviews through here), and to chat with friends and receive text. Should you link this with your phone, if you lose it, then you can still receive you text and not miss out on anything that you consider important

Help me connect with others and have interviews, and attend meetings

Google Hangouts review by Brad G.
Brad G.

"Good for small use cases"

What do you like best?

The integrations with the rest of my life which is one Google product or another (Gmail, Gcal, etc) makes life easy. The iOS app is also nice and works well. Screen sharing is nice, conference calling is a must have and works well. It's easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

Like most Google products after a year they seem to go downhill, i've had real issues with dropped audio in the last few weeks . It's a decent resource hog for me (fan is always spinning). If you have more than a handful of people on a call it can get real spotty. The websites interface is not intuitive to me, it's much easier to get to a call via Gcalendar. 15 user limit, and i believe that's an increased number if you pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good for small quick conversations and small teams. It doesn't scale up very well though.

As a remote worker i use Hangouts any time i need to talk with someone in real-time. We also use Hangouts for all our conferencing across time-zones. We have a distributed team so having meetings with the entire company is a weekly necessity.

Google Hangouts review by Cecilia N.
Cecilia N.

"Great messaging app, could be tremendously better though!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can use Hangouts on many platforms regardless of the operating system. Such as Windows PC, Mac OS, iOS or Android. Also love that you can video chat with multiple people at once.

What do you dislike?

I have the app on my phone, and recently within the past couple months, I haven't received all my notifications. At times I wouldn't see messages for hours until I opened up the app itself and saw unread messages. This is very frustrating because some of these messages I received are time sensitive. Also, when using group video chatting with Hangouts, I notice the audio quality isn't that great. Not sure if it's the device I'm using but there would be a buzzing sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is an excellent program/app that I've found to be useful. I love using it on my phone, tablet, and computer. Messages usually sync between the three devices that I use. If you want to use Google Hangouts to it's fullest potential, I would recommend installing it on every device that you use frequently. The ability to receive messages at any time and on any device is very helpful and useful.

I use Hangouts to communicate with my co-workers. This can be very helpful when at work because it's easier than sending e-mails back and forth. Also, video chatting through Hangouts is great when working remotely or working with others that are working remotely. The video screen sharing is very helpful when trying to troubleshoot issues with coworkers or when trying to describe how to solve a problem.

Google Hangouts review by Pat E.
Pat E.

"I utilize Google Hangouts to communicate with co-workers and friends."

What do you like best?

The best part about using Google Hangouts is that all of my co-workers and a large portion of my friends also utilize Hangouts so it's an easy, efficient way to communicate with everyone I need to communicate with during the work day.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about using Google Hangouts is that it makes it so easy to get distracted because everyone is using it. It's easy to get carried away in what was meant to be a quick conversation because it's so convenient. You can adjust your status though to be busy or hide offline for times when you can't afford to be disturbed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google hangouts is really the only workplace collaboration / communication tool I've ever used and am very satisfied with it thus far. I know lots of teams that utilize Slack for workplace communication but I think that Slack works better for larger teams who need to utilize multiple chat groups. The video and audio quality in Google Hangouts is pretty good and has been a better option for remote employees during our weekly team meetings than using our office conference phone. I'd recommend giving Google Hangouts a shot.

Being a remote employee, Google Hangouts solves a plethora of business problems for me and my team. IT allows me to participate in weekly team meetings and connect quickly and easily with all of my co-workers when the content of my conversation is formal enough for an email or phone call.

Google Hangouts review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Positives about Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Everything about Google is so easy to use and to integrate. You can move from one thing to the next with little or no effort. Everything is available to you with no real problems or need to learn "how" to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is just not the first thing I go to when I'm using Google products. There are so many "other" things. There are other companies that specialize in that and so I'm typically going to use them first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is easy. Everyone can use it and everyone has it.

It is possible to use it to have a conference call with someone that does not have access to another system because EVERYONE has Google and access to Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great For Use in Video Conferencing and Group Sessions"

What do you like best?

Sometimes I tutor in groups and Google Hangouts allows you to have the most people in there that I have come across for free. Many other video conferencing software charges if you want to have more than three people in a session and limits your sessions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google's customer service is not the best or impossible to get a hold of someone which can be frustrating.

Group tutoring sessions, and I have never run into a problem with a limit on how many calls I can make. I love Google Hangouts!

Google Hangouts review by User

"Great product for video conferences!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product cannot be understated. It allows you to just click whichever person you want to talk to and it offers the options of video or voice conferencing with the ability to add further members. That's it, there's no other additional steps that may hinder the experience like I've had to deal with in the past.

What do you dislike?

You need to have a connected Google Apps account in order to use it, which may not be for every company. Fortunately, I think there is a way to provide a link to the client in order to let them join.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a Google account, or have your company use Google Apps, makes the process a lot easier.

We can video and audio conference very easily, in high quality, and for free too!

Google Hangouts review by Meaghan H.
Meaghan H.

"Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

I like that google calendar automatically creates a hangout link for every event placed on your calendar, making it very easy to find and access the video conference. I also like that it is in the same place as many other products I use, such as gmail, Google Docs, Drive, and Google calendar so I don't have to log in to something separately. I makes it a lot easier to keep track of all the programs I use that way.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that a couple of times I have signed in and my audio has just not worked. It has also happened to other colleagues and clients. Usually the solution is to sign into a different browser or connect via your phone. Every time it happens it causes delays and sometimes meetings to run over, which can be very frustrating, especially during time crunches. Sometimes there are also problems with video cutting out, but I cannot tell if that is the office internet or hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very convenient if you are already a user of gmail. Calendar automatically creates a hangout link, which makes it easy to find, and if you have email notifications set up for events, it only just adds to the convenience.

This has help tremendously with remote meetings, particularly with team members in different parts of the world. It is also very convenient because it is connected to our gmail accounts and calendar, which helps keep things organized.

Google Hangouts review by Katya K.
Katya K.

"Ubiquitous, reliable, free individual or team video and chat communications"

What do you like best?

The Hangouts experience itself is intuitive and reliable. It's very easy to arrange a meeting with a group, or just to send a text-like message to a contact. The options of video, voice, and text are simple to operate, and the mobile app is easy to use. I like how Hangouts is integrated with Gmail and Google Calendar. Hangouts makes it easy to allow multiple people to screen-share during a session, which is a paid feature in many other video conferencing platforms. Also, since most people already have a Google Account, it is easy for people to get started using it. I know of at least one multi-million dollar company who uses Hangouts for team meetings, despite all of the paid options out there.

What do you dislike?

At times the video quality is less than sharp. Also, I don't see that there is an option for remote keyboard and mouse control, so teams looking for that option may need a separate solution for that.

Also, at times the Hangout doesn't automatically end when all parties leave the meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally prefer Google Hangouts to most paid Enterprise solutions. If nothing else, it's useful as a backup communications platform. The live chat feature is very convenient for quick team communications and prevents email overload.

When I need to quickly be able to swap views of my screen and another person's screen during a video chat, Google Hangouts is my go-to tool. Because it is so easy for anyone to install the voice and video plugins, and because Google Hangouts seems to work with any device, I've been able to have video conferencing with people all over the world at no charge.

Google Hangouts review by User

"Similar to Skype, but built into Google Software"

What do you like best?

Pretty much as my title reads, the main draw to me of using google hangouts was its' incorporation into other google software. Mentally, there is a disconnect for me between using Skype, which I still see as a social media-type program, and google hangouts- which still seem businesslike (if only because of the google name). The fact that you can use it from gmail adds to this. And you don't have to download an additional software, making it very convenient for use.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really inherently dislike about the system, it works like I expect it to. It's just a video/voice calling program under the google name. It's fairly underwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an online version of Skype, just google it and try it out. It links to your gmail, which is fairly convenient.

If your office is in need of a video or voice calling software that is easy to implement, then google hangouts is a fantastic resource. It is basically Skype without the need to download Skype.

Google Hangouts review by Harry K.
Harry K.

"Perfect for mobile"

What do you like best?

It comes with Android by default.

You can use it both as an IM and text messages.

You can use it as VoIP

Make phone calls through your Google Voice number using the Hangouts Dialer app

You can draw a doodle, send emojis, pictures, MMS

I can video chat

I can call a phone from my computer

I can do group Hangouts

Hidden animations when I type "yay!!", "happy birthday", "LMAO"

What do you dislike?

You cannot use it as VoIP if you are a US resident.

There is no calendar integration with Google Calendar. It can't be more obvious than that. In iOS in can provide integration with Mail.app as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want seamless integration with Android and if you want an app that can send both texts and IMs.

Google Hangouts haven't achieved to be the default messaging app on Android devices. Companies always ship their own messaging app (both for texts and IMs). Even Google has Messenger for texts. And a Googler said in an interview that Google advises users to use Messenger for sending texts, not Hangouts. I don't think this is the right direction that the app should take.

Google Hangouts review by Mary A.
Mary A.

"The best way to communicate with my coworkers"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, and it's free, and it has a mobile app

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sound quality isn't as high s I would like it to be, but that also might have something to do with my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the "Hangout Toolbox" addition which will give you some extra control over your experience, like volume adjustment.

I'm working remotely, and Google Hangouts allows me to easily video conference with the main office.

"Marvelous Messaging"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the emojis and animation, whether for business or personal use. It is simple and seamless in its design. Easy to do more with less clicks, which I love. Can quickly minimize windows or keep track of multiple group conversations.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have a way to chronicle chats within the Google interface/Gmail window to be able to refer back to specific information. Would also be nice to search for specific words/terms in past chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize it in when speaking to Gmail contacts who you know are in front of their computers (at work). It's quick and discreet!

Constant collaboration and communication. Able to keep in touch with remote teams or contacts while gettings things done. Able to keep in touch from any device or while on the go.

Google Hangouts review by Juan N.
Juan N.

"Available for team work! "

What do you like best?

What i like the most is the support for grupal video chats.

What do you dislike?

Sending information while on the video chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for large group video chats.

Reaching out people from other countries whether I use the app for calling or charging some money to call them. It makes it easy to find a way to contact trough email. No extra usernames.

Google Hangouts review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Like Skype, but better!"

What do you like best?

I like that this app doesn't freeze up as often as Skype. I have used this app for videocalls to family over 1k miles away and it feels like I'm in the room!

What do you dislike?

I think the overall design could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Down load the app and try it out. It's easy to set up and to use.

I have used this app with clients who may no otherwise be able to make phone calls. This is helpful for people with family or friends living far away as well. When I teach children how to use this, they are very impressed.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Pretty good software for inter-office messaging"

What do you like best?

The software is pretty good at what it's basic function is - chatting.

What do you dislike?

File sharing, copying and pasting, and message delay is often a huge pain. The fact that you basically can't use the software without Chrome open just sucks. Also sending stuff that are non pictures clipboard copies is rather terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend it.

It's a pretty decent chat software. We used to use Trillian for a while but this integrates much better with the fact that we started using all the gsuite apps.

Google Hangouts review by Robert (Bob) B.
Robert (Bob) B.

"Great product with a few missing features"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily launch it from Gmail or add it to my calendar events. Makes having online meetings a snap! And the integration with Google Voice means I use it for my phone system too!

What do you dislike?

It's limited to 15 participants and cannot record. Hangouts On Air allows unlimited viewers but they cannot directly interact with participants. Plus, Google has not yet made it easy to launch a Hangout On Air from a Google Chromebox, so if you use that device, holding and recording large meetings is very difficult. In short, it's excellent for small meetings that don't need to be recorded, but you need a secondary webinar service to supplement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely, please do yourself a favor and use it! It will change the way you communicate if you ever need to deal with colleagues remotely. Just be aware that you may need a secondary webinar system for larger, more formal sessions that need to be recorded. Hangouts on Air can be used for these but I've found it's not an ideal solution (yet!).

Enhanced communication among remote employees. We can communicate real time, allowing us to be more efficient and eliminating many of the lengthy delays caused by email communication. The integrated chat/audio/video communication allows us to easily jump to the level of communication needed. For example, if we're on a chat and realize it would be more efficient to talk, an audio call is a mere click away. And if we need to do a screenshare, it's only a couple more clicks to get there. Great stuff.

Google Hangouts review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Easy web conferencing and chat tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and intuitive it is to use Google Hangouts. I frequently use it just for quickly chatting with colleagues, but the video option is also great for attending meetings virtually. I also like that there's a link in Gcal invites to join meetings remotely via Hangouts.

What do you dislike?

It's a very small quibble, but I wish you could add similar emoji and reactions to chats like in Slack. Otherwise, I've found Google Hangouts to be a reliable tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use Gmail as your email interface, I would definitely recommend trying Google Hangouts. You have your calendar, email and chats/video conferences all in one spot. Download the app to get notifications when you're not at your computer.

I've been able to video into meetings that I'm unable to attend in person.

Google Hangouts review by Catherine C.
Catherine C.

"Makes work communication easy while staying separate from personal communication methods"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile app that allows for chat on the move.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the product itself. There is a setting to hide your online status, which can be frustrating when it's a method used to communicate with coworkers, but that's an internal problem with our business, not he product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because it's part of the Google suite of services, integration with other aspects of a Google account are seamless. I would recommend this highly over Skype or other chat apps for quick messaging and video conferencing.

This makes it much easier to ask quick questions on the move and doesn't clog inboxes.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Hangouts for quick chat & video calls"

What do you like best?

After closing the gtalk, The hangouts has provided the comfort of having an app to chat quickly and easily by using gmail id.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific to say, But the chat history function can be improved keeping in mind that we will be going back to look at the chat history or to check specific chat sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way to chat and connect with large number of people since most of them uses google id's.

Always helpful for quick communication and chat with the vendors and also scheduling interviews and meetings in the platform.

Google Hangouts review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Hangouts an amazing communication tool"

What do you like best?

I use hangout constantly at work and outside of work. Whether it's on my phone or on my computer, all my google accounts are always connected so I can receive a message from anyone. There are several aspect of hangouts that are truly amazing:

1) Hangouts as a messenger tool: not only it allows you to connect with friends and colleagues, it also allows you to send images and audio files

2) Hangouts with Google Voice: I use my google voice number as my phone number. It's now merged with hangouts, which means that I receive both hangouts and text in the same app. It's so easy to manage

3) Hangouts and video conferences: you can video conference with multiple people at the same time. It also has several plugins that I have tested yet

You also benefit from your gmail search engine to look through all your hangout communication which makes it very easy to retrieve an information that you discussed with someone via hangout.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about hangout. One bug: sometimes (rarely) my google accounts will get disconnected on my phone and I will have to reconnect all of them manually. Another feature which I believe could be improved is the separation between your google contacts and your phone contacts (this doesn't impact hangouts on computer).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on using Google for other tools such as google drive, gmail, google calendar etc. you should definitely consider having your employees using hangouts. It will help you centralize all the conversations (email and hangout) hence making your the communication flow a lot better within your organization.

Communication goes a lot faster when you use hangouts. Instead of sending an email to ask someone if they took care of a task or to contact a friend and know where will be the next happy hour, I just hangout and send a hangout or a text.

Google Hangouts review by Daud K.
Daud K.

"Best messenger "

What do you like best?

Very nice messenger even work with pc as well as mobile app.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I could say bad about it

Sometime we carry out interview with the condidate via google hangouts as well as sometime make a video call to my family.

Google Hangouts review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Multi Platform Bliss"

What do you like best?

As an Android user I've relied on Google's services for years. Hangouts manages my texts but lately I've been using it for video conferencing for work as well as playing online games with friends. For small groups it's a lot simpler than logging into Skype or some other meeting program. I like the cross-device compatibility and being able to take calls and text within Gmail.

What do you dislike?

Things can get confusing in terms of which contacts are using hangouts or not. Especially within Gmail I've been seeing a lot of redundant or duplicated conversations between the same person. I assume this is something I need to manage on my end but the notification and customization options are buried within either my phone settings or Google account proper.

Simple online meetings, file sharing, and group texting via my mobile phone. File and link sharing with an actual hangout session has been awesome and speedy. I've actually noticed that I opt to use Hangouts more than any other messaging app simply out of habit but also likely because it's so integrated with all the other Google services I use anyway.

Google Hangouts review by Rami S.
Rami S.

"Great Application to Text, Video Call, and Call your friends!"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best about Google Hangouts is that I am allowed to text my friends for free, call my friends for free, and text my friends for free all through this one simple app! This app also allows for free multi-video calls, so you can have more than one person per video call!

What do you dislike?

Something that I dislike about this app is that you must have a Google account to use this app, and for some people without a Google account this may be pretty tough to try to text them or video chat with them. Other than that, this app is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

A recommendation that I would say to people who want to use Google Hangouts is that you should make it your default SMS app on your Android phone, because I find it way easier than using the default app on Android. With Google Hangouts, you can call, text, and video chat, all through this one app, and I definitely know I save a lot of time whenever I am using this app!

A business problem that I'm solving by using Google Hangouts is that now I can text, and call for free, and I am saving a lot on my phone bill, which is fantastic! This also helps with customers who don't have a legitimate phone number, you could just get them setup with Google Hangouts, and then you could call/text them anytime you please!

Google Hangouts review by Samantha K.
Samantha K.

"East to use and easy for long-distance"

What do you like best?

I love the reliability of Google Hangouts. It's easy to use, and when using with 3+ people, I don't find issues with audio or voices overlapping.I like Hangouts a million times over Skype.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes I have audio issues when using the web app. Those with whom I am communicating are not able to hear me, while I can hear them, but the app is not sensing any errors with my microphone.

Finding a service that is reliable and better than Skype!

Google Hangouts review by Kyle Q.
Kyle Q.

"AN EASY WAY TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR TEAM!"

What do you like best?

- A free application to keep in touch in or out of the office to keep in touch with our team.

- Messaging and Video/Voice calls.

- Syncs across our Chromebooks and Android devices with no issues.

- Has a very easy to use GUI, sort of reminds me of Skype with the interface, but less of a Memory Hog.

- Cross platform support for iOS and Android and PC/MAC/LINUX.

What do you dislike?

- On Chrome OS there are some issues with not receiving calls sometimes with Google Hangouts.

- Kind of frustrating adding new contacts unless they are added on your phone or on Google Plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest solutions you will ever implement to keep in touch with employees in the office or corporate anytime.

Finding the best way to contact our team, inside the office or out. For Video Calling, IM's or Voice Calling, anytime.

Google Hangouts review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Absolute MUST for company communication"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes collaboration so much easier at our office. We can quickly share a link or information and even when we are out of the office, we can use it on our phones. I really do not know how anyone works without it!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Google Hangouts!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google Hangouts. We use it on a daily basis at work to collaborate with one another and it is especially helpful when we need to just share a link or some information when we are out of the office because we can still use it on our phones. I honestly do not know how anyone works without this!

Quick collaboration. Especially with our outsourcers!

Google Hangouts review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Good basic messenger, works til about 10 employees"

What do you like best?

I still use this as my personal messenger with people outside of business, but it lacks a lot of the archival/search/and integrations of more business-oriented chat apps like Slack. I love the mobile apps, in-line gif support, and the desktop extension for chrome which leaves hangouts running. Photo uploads on desktop are also super fast, which is useful at my work and at home. Integration with texting is a plus too! One app beats multiple apps. Off the record is good if you deal with sensitive information. I recommend it for small orgs or friends.

We do still use the skype-like feature as everyone has a gmail now and it's just way better than skype. More reliable and less of a RAM hog.

Also it's super free!

What do you dislike?

Again, the lack of business-oriented features (probably because it is free) . No integrations or APIs, not a good archival system or search, no channels to split conversations (have to make a ton of groups) and basically impossible to use in groups above 10 or so people if you chat all day.

It's confusing how to create events that will use Hangouts for a video chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small orgs use the messenger. Friends too. Use the video chat and VOIP for business calls or user chats, it's definitely the most built-out feature!

Office communication and idea organization with ability to message 24/7 within the team is what we were trying to do. It's good but not the best as the team scaled. Slack wiped it out in under a week but I still do use it for 1-to-1 messaging when I need a fast reply. It's way faster and easier than Slack for things like that!

We use the video chat feature for B2B calls as well as user interviews, it's amazing for that. The new skype sucks. This has screen share, etc. and is super lightweight and free.

Google Hangouts review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"End of all video meetings, Hangouts takes the crown"

What do you like best?

Hard to find anyone these days without a Google account. Hangouts is as easy as clicking the Join button and getting right to the video chat.

What do you dislike?

Wish the mobile app interface was slightly better, often call quality is poor on a handset. The software needs to be marketed better in Asia and Europe where Skype is still the prominent solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no installation, get straight to your video from a gmail account.

Conducted 100+ international meetings for prospective investments with Google Hangouts. I simply added a call link to Google Calendar invite and went right to business. The calendar integration coupled with ease of use and chat functionalities make it a must have web conferencing tool.

Google Hangouts review by Melinda B.
Melinda B.