Google Hangouts

Host virtual meetings. Increase your team's productivity with meetings that hold up to 10 people and powerful tools like screen sharing and Google Docs.

Work for Google Hangouts?
Ibmsametime webconf  2x

Learning about Google Hangouts?

Google Hangouts Reviews

Ask Google Hangouts a Question
Showing 238 Google Hangouts reviews
Google Hangouts review by <span>Jessie B.</span>
Jessie B.

Quick and easy, available for everyone!

What do you like best?

I like that because so many people utilize gmail it's incredibly easy to access huge networks of collaborators. The chat service is so easily to use and using the chat actually helps me stay on top of my emails as well since I pay more attention as they arrive in my inbox. Overall, it's a huge productively jolt and it's excellent to have access to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it weren't disabled in certain enterprise network email systems since it can be extremely useful across any platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a short time and see if you like it! I bet you'll be converted rather quickly to enjoying it immensely. I would see if it impacts your productivity though because some people have a hard time staying focused when multitasking between chat and other tasks. However, don't be afraid to toggle the notifications so you don't lose any productivity by switching tasks!

It's the best chat platform for arranging meetings since everyone's gcal's can be synced and everything is all available on one platform while you're chatting with your colleagues scheduling meetings and assigning projects.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts review by <span>Natalya L.</span>
Natalya L.

Available, but with a sea of mistakes

What do you like best?

Apps for phones and extension for Chrome

Integration with mail

Calls

Stickers

an excellent platform for communication

possibility to make conference calls with video communication support

excellent communication quality

Integration with Google services (the presence of the 1st account makes it possible to use many applications)

What do you dislike?

It has already begun to pre-install on android (can not be deleted)

Errors after service updates

Image compression

A bunch of other minor flaws

complex interface

not so many users as in other messengers

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this service. I do not often meet online, but when I have it I use it. Everything is very intuitive and you do not have to understand what to set up. You can communicate with other people around the world and many things else there. For conferences or online meetings very well suited.

I recommend to everyone.

I used this application to organize video conferences (online meetings) from 5 to 20 people. It was difficult =)

What Web Conferencing solution do you use?

Google Hangouts review by <span>Ellen G.</span>
Ellen G.

Best Communication Tool!

What do you like best?

I love how fluid and easy Hangouts is to use! We can chat while in meetings - grabbing quick information and updates without the burden of an email. We can communicate with students - especially international students who might not have a functioning cell phone. Hangouts allows them to have a mobile communication network. We can video chat with incoming students - getting to know them and introduce them to the Google Suite before they get to campus. We can also message any of our colleagues - so easy!

What do you dislike?

I honestly, the one point of disappointment is the fact that you can't embed and send GIFs in the chat windows. I seems petty, but I love expressing my feelings with a short, looped, moving image. Hangouts is missing that opportunity!

We have discovered many ways to communicate with each other, with our students, and with incoming students!

Google Hangouts review by <span>G. Jonathan G.</span>
G. Jonathan G.

Excellent voice and video communication

What do you like best?

Hangouts is by far the easiest communication program I have used, and can be used in a huge number of situations where other competitors cannot. I love that I can email someone a link, and they'll be able to join any conversation with ease. The integration with Google Voice allows me to make phone calls from my computer with ease, and allows our team to stay in contact no matter where we are.

What do you dislike?

Generally Hangouts is excellent, but I wish it was slightly easier to share files and photos during a call, and it would be nice to be able to integrate SMS from my phone, instead of having to go through a number of different apps for those services. Though the video quality is often superb, there are times when it drops randomly to the lowest settings for seemingly no reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is an excellent video and voice conferencing software. Be sure to keep on the lookout for newly added features, as Google is moving towards integrating more business class features in the near future.

Hangouts allows the entire team to stay in contact with one another easily, even individuals who struggled with more traditional competing programs. The integration of Google Drive recently has made collaboration easier, and the coming changes look to offer even more functionality.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Alyse F.</span>
Alyse F.

Use it Everyday!

What do you like best?

I like that conversations are saved in my Gmail account. I love that I can now scroll back as far as I want in any G-chat thread (this used to not be the case). I like being able to set a custom status or be online but invisible. I like being able to show other people I'm "busy" and unavailable to talk. I like being able to call other peoples' phone numbers - and better yet, I like being able to call my own phone from my computer when my phone is lost :) I like being able to video-conference with more than one person.

What do you dislike?

I dislike whenever my chats are somehow undeliverable or I get the notification that they may not being showing up to the reader. It can be a bit of a crap-shoot. I wish there was a way to keep the video streaming on one person as opposed to whoever is using the microphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest way to keep in touch while on your computer. Quicker than reaching for your phone to text. Best way to video-chat with more than one person at once.

I'm able to talk to G-chat users at any point in the day as long as they're signed in. I'm able to leave messages in text form as opposed to voicemail form. I believe G-Hangouts allows me to keep everyday tabs on the people in my life with ease.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

Best way to communicate in the office

What do you like best?

It's easy, especially being on the phone with the customer and you need to ask questions or answer a question put forth. I can get my answer while still assisting my customers, as well as my colleagues helping theirs. They make it easy to just drag and drop images for better analyzing or just plain fun.

I originally wasn't much of a fan of Hangouts, many moons back. When I was told it was the main form of messaging, I was a little indifferent and not sure how well I'd adapt. Turns out I adapt well and love being able to use it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much to dislike, at the moment. I have only been (actively) using it for work for the last few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can keep an eye on who you've messaged, remove them from the list if you have no need to message them daily. It's good, especially if you're working in another room and the person you are asking a question is in another.

General questions about customer issues. Showing screen shots of problems I can't figure the answer to.

Learning about Google Hangouts?

* We monitor all Google Hangouts reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.