Google Hangouts

Host virtual meetings. Increase your team's productivity with meetings that hold up to 10 people and powerful tools like screen sharing and Google Docs.

Work for Google Hangouts?

Learning about Google Hangouts?

Google Hangouts Reviews

Ask Google Hangouts a Question
Showing 257 Google Hangouts reviews
Google Hangouts review by <span>Ana S.</span>
Ana S.

"Hangouts to stay in touch by messages or video calls"

What do you like best?

This application allows me to send text messages, make video calls and be in contact with several friends or colleagues at the same time, I do it from my computer in the comfort of the house and I do not need your numbers, only I need to know your Gmail emails . My conversations are saved in the cloud so that you can stay safe and recover or access the information that all the comparator when required, this application is part of Google.

What do you dislike?

Hangouts currently presents among its disadvantages the fact that you can not send multimedia files, while other providers of these services if they allow it, also does not have a way that allows me to view, if the message I send reached its addressee also does not allow send voice memo messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this application you can make video calls, text messages to be in contact with family members, colleagues and conversations are saved in the cloud, since Google has incorporated this option allied to Google Drive which allows you to have them always available

.Hangouts gives greater security to the information that you share, not so other providers that have been suffered security attacks, for what I consider is a more professional and serious service to carry out my work communications, with all the security offered by google

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts review by <span>Gustavo M.</span>
Gustavo M.

"Hangout is all-in-one"

What do you like best?

I like it because it integrates all your google accounts into one app, I mean, by using your google account you can chat, make a conference, receive/make a call, share pictures, files, videos, and a lot of things with one application.

It is possible to use it in a web version, that works on your gmail web page, so it simplifies the use.

What do you dislike?

It should be more friendly, I mean it should have more features to customize the app. Sometimes in web version it is too slowly, so the creator should review the processes and improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yeah, it is a useful tool to communicate in an only google account.

You can reach somebody by using your gmail account and it is not necessary to open another app or do something else to comunicate.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Google Hangouts review by <span>Jessie B.</span>
Jessie B.

"Quick and easy, available for everyone!"

What do you like best?

I like that because so many people utilize gmail it's incredibly easy to access huge networks of collaborators. The chat service is so easily to use and using the chat actually helps me stay on top of my emails as well since I pay more attention as they arrive in my inbox. Overall, it's a huge productively jolt and it's excellent to have access to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it weren't disabled in certain enterprise network email systems since it can be extremely useful across any platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a short time and see if you like it! I bet you'll be converted rather quickly to enjoying it immensely. I would see if it impacts your productivity though because some people have a hard time staying focused when multitasking between chat and other tasks. However, don't be afraid to toggle the notifications so you don't lose any productivity by switching tasks!

It's the best chat platform for arranging meetings since everyone's gcal's can be synced and everything is all available on one platform while you're chatting with your colleagues scheduling meetings and assigning projects.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Natalya L.</span>
Natalya L.

"Available, but with a sea of mistakes"

What do you like best?

Apps for phones and extension for Chrome

Integration with mail

Calls

Stickers

an excellent platform for communication

possibility to make conference calls with video communication support

excellent communication quality

Integration with Google services (the presence of the 1st account makes it possible to use many applications)

What do you dislike?

It has already begun to pre-install on android (can not be deleted)

Errors after service updates

Image compression

A bunch of other minor flaws

complex interface

not so many users as in other messengers

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this service. I do not often meet online, but when I have it I use it. Everything is very intuitive and you do not have to understand what to set up. You can communicate with other people around the world and many things else there. For conferences or online meetings very well suited.

I recommend to everyone.

I used this application to organize video conferences (online meetings) from 5 to 20 people. It was difficult =)

Google Hangouts review by <span>Ellen G.</span>
Ellen G.

"Best Communication Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how fluid and easy Hangouts is to use! We can chat while in meetings - grabbing quick information and updates without the burden of an email. We can communicate with students - especially international students who might not have a functioning cell phone. Hangouts allows them to have a mobile communication network. We can video chat with incoming students - getting to know them and introduce them to the Google Suite before they get to campus. We can also message any of our colleagues - so easy!

What do you dislike?

I honestly, the one point of disappointment is the fact that you can't embed and send GIFs in the chat windows. I seems petty, but I love expressing my feelings with a short, looped, moving image. Hangouts is missing that opportunity!

We have discovered many ways to communicate with each other, with our students, and with incoming students!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Jose Manuel V.</span>
Jose Manuel V.

"Reliable alternatives for better communication"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this application is its simplicity, it is like handling text messages from the computer, a chat with a user-friendly interface, and that is stored in smart phones.

What do you dislike?

It could have more tools, that allow to handle more elements during the communication, without being intervened or interrupted conversations or video conferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It only requires your gmail and ready, you have a quick and easy way to communicate with the rest of the world

If the other applications fail, this is a good option to keep communications open, allowing chats, video conferences or voice calls, not only by the PC, but by the phones, in addition to the mobility that this allows.

Google Hangouts review by <span>G. Jonathan G.</span>
G. Jonathan G.

"Excellent voice and video communication"

What do you like best?

Hangouts is by far the easiest communication program I have used, and can be used in a huge number of situations where other competitors cannot. I love that I can email someone a link, and they'll be able to join any conversation with ease. The integration with Google Voice allows me to make phone calls from my computer with ease, and allows our team to stay in contact no matter where we are.

What do you dislike?

Generally Hangouts is excellent, but I wish it was slightly easier to share files and photos during a call, and it would be nice to be able to integrate SMS from my phone, instead of having to go through a number of different apps for those services. Though the video quality is often superb, there are times when it drops randomly to the lowest settings for seemingly no reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is an excellent video and voice conferencing software. Be sure to keep on the lookout for newly added features, as Google is moving towards integrating more business class features in the near future.

Hangouts allows the entire team to stay in contact with one another easily, even individuals who struggled with more traditional competing programs. The integration of Google Drive recently has made collaboration easier, and the coming changes look to offer even more functionality.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Nicole T.</span>
Nicole T.

" I use Google Hangouts for a majority of my contact with my Law Firm"

What do you like best?

I love the accessibility of Google Hangouts because I am always in my Gmail work email I am constantly communicating with my staff mostly through Google hangouts because it is quicker than sending an email faster than sending a text it don't have to look at my phone I can continue to look at my computer and still be in contact with whoever it is I need to speak with at that moment Google Hangouts is very easy to navigate and quickly find people you would like to add to a conversation and I feel it's just more convenient than a text or an e-mail or any other form of communication while I'm working and I need to get something across clearly and quickly

What do you dislike?

I have to say the one thing I would dislike about Google Hangouts is the accessibility is very easy to create a Gmail account which gives you automatic access to a Google Hangout account as we all know there are number of scams out there related to all kinds of different events whether it's a fake online love scam also known as cat fishing or employment scams to get people to cash bad checks most of these people utilize Google Hangouts as a way to talk with the people they intend to scam I do not like that about Google Hangouts and I'm very weary every time I have any connection on Google Hangouts

I definitely think one of the biggest business benefits is the quickness of being able to communicate with my Law Firm staff if I'm out somewhere and I need to reach my paralegal an office manager quickly I write to them on Google Hangouts both immediately see it and are able to rectify the situation I use it again before or text or anything else so it has helped with communication within my staff we definitely are able to stay in touch with no excuses and no problems which has helped increase business no doubt because our communication is great

Google Hangouts review by <span>Oscar Antonio R.</span>
Oscar Antonio R.

"It is a messaging application and high-ranking video calls."

What do you like best?

This tool is very favorable to shorten distances between users who use the application for recreational, educational or business purposes, it allows us to reduce waiting periods since it is an application that acts in real time and helps us reduce costs in Stationery. This tool in the banking system in which I work, allows us to make video calls with a large number of participants which is good for conducting business conferences and training both locally and internationally. We can also use this tool in any part of the world, since it has an adaptable interface for mobiles, tablets and computers, this is great when it comes to being always connected with your friends or colleagues with just one call from This application. This messaging service is of high rank that is integrated into the google platform which is very robust in these times.

What do you dislike?

This application is very attractive in these times where communication is very important, however we must take into account the technological requirements necessary for good behavior, you need a good connection to the internet otherwise you can not access the tool, the conversations may be exposed at some point because they are stored in the cloud, in my case this is a problem because working in a bank where information is confidential, on the other hand, is an application that works properly and is very nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This messaging service I recommend it perfectly for all users whether for study, recreational or working in small, medium or large companies, it is a tool that can be easily adapted thanks to its pleasant platform. You will always keep in constant communication through the messaging service, calls or video calls and in real time you can verify and communicate with the people you want. It is a very useful, attractive, charming tool. I recommend it 100%.

This tool is very useful in all the sectors in which it is used, on a personal level you can be connected with all your friends, at the university level the professors can carry out professional training with several students at the same time, and at a business level they can hold conferences of business in any part of the world only the video call service that this has. It has many advantages one of it is that it is integrated to the google platform which is very friendly platform for all its users. In general, you can give solutions in all the aspects that you propose

Google Hangouts review by <span>Maria Gabriela H.</span>
Maria Gabriela H.

"Google Hangouts allows easy and simple communication linking with your Google data "

What do you like best?

It is an instant messaging application, which allows conversations between two or more users, these conversations are archived in the "cloud" with which it is possible to synchronize them between different devices, that is, the complete reading of the conversation is never lost, even if it changes the device several times. It is a functionality included in the Google platform. This tool is innovative given the rise of Internet technologies and the use of Digital Marketing, it is used to send and receive text messages, share photos and GPS location, make calls to other users of the service and to landlines or cell phones abroad , enjoy the YouTube videos in groups and make video transmissions that you can even record to post them later in some other website.

What do you dislike?

In Hangouts, it is not possible to locate your profile as invisible, it is only for Android devices and it is not possible to know if the message has been sent to the destination or if it comes from our cell phone, in comparison with the other more known services. It is necessary to have connection with Internet

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be said that Hangouts is one of the best options for everyone, that offers many services or options in the application that the other services do not offer, is the service that Google offers for instant messaging. It is the competition of Whatsapp, Telegram, Line, among the best known.

With Hangouts you can make public talks and you can access them from a link, likewise you can make the emission of debates, concerts, tutorials. During the conversations you can share images as well as send "emojis"

Google Hangouts review by <span>Alyse F.</span>
Alyse F.

"Use it Everyday!"

What do you like best?

I like that conversations are saved in my Gmail account. I love that I can now scroll back as far as I want in any G-chat thread (this used to not be the case). I like being able to set a custom status or be online but invisible. I like being able to show other people I'm "busy" and unavailable to talk. I like being able to call other peoples' phone numbers - and better yet, I like being able to call my own phone from my computer when my phone is lost :) I like being able to video-conference with more than one person.

What do you dislike?

I dislike whenever my chats are somehow undeliverable or I get the notification that they may not being showing up to the reader. It can be a bit of a crap-shoot. I wish there was a way to keep the video streaming on one person as opposed to whoever is using the microphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest way to keep in touch while on your computer. Quicker than reaching for your phone to text. Best way to video-chat with more than one person at once.

I'm able to talk to G-chat users at any point in the day as long as they're signed in. I'm able to leave messages in text form as opposed to voicemail form. I believe G-Hangouts allows me to keep everyday tabs on the people in my life with ease.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best way to communicate in the office"

What do you like best?

It's easy, especially being on the phone with the customer and you need to ask questions or answer a question put forth. I can get my answer while still assisting my customers, as well as my colleagues helping theirs. They make it easy to just drag and drop images for better analyzing or just plain fun.

I originally wasn't much of a fan of Hangouts, many moons back. When I was told it was the main form of messaging, I was a little indifferent and not sure how well I'd adapt. Turns out I adapt well and love being able to use it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much to dislike, at the moment. I have only been (actively) using it for work for the last few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can keep an eye on who you've messaged, remove them from the list if you have no need to message them daily. It's good, especially if you're working in another room and the person you are asking a question is in another.

General questions about customer issues. Showing screen shots of problems I can't figure the answer to.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Vivian L.</span>
Vivian L.

"Easy to use and it is right there in your G-Mail account!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Hangouts is that you can connect with any user that uses the G-Mail platform. It shows when users appear to be online, offline, and how long ago that they have been active! You can mute notifications if you're working on something and you can create group chats with more than 10 people without it getting confusing!

What do you dislike?

The app can be glitchy sometimes and won't show my most recent chats. One thing that Google Hangouts could improve on is the ability to add more people into a video conference and not setting a maximum limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is definitely a great place to chat with your co-workers, family, and friends. It provides easy accessibility to people who may not have a chat system at their work. Also, Google Hangouts lets you appear offline if you need to concentrate on one thing at a time! Perfect for our generation :)

Being able to chat with someone from your company if they don't have a chat feature within their intranet system. Sometimes it is much easier to directly chat with someone than wait on their e-mail.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Beth W.</span>
Beth W.

"WE LOVE HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

Love that you can video chat, using front facing or rear facing cameras, love that its super easy to download, love that almost everyone including iPhone users and android users can use it as an app. Love how convenient this is and how it pops right up onto email when you have it open. Love this!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I could say is make the android app a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recommend this to anyone who loves the simplicity of just clicking on an icon and chatting!

tons! We can communicate easily without any problems where anyone is located whether it be on a computer or a phone or a tablet! We love this!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Janene B.</span>
Janene B.

"Just like Texting"

What do you like best?

Reminds me of text messaging but we use it for work. Love being able to chat with multiple people at the same time. Enables me to multitask and get answers that I need quickly. A detailed email is not always necessary when you have a quick question or statement. This makes it really easy to respond and get a response.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, except for a couple of times I had hangout requests sitting in there that I did not know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend this product to everyone for both personal and business use.

I can't say enough good about Google Hangouts. Whoever came up with it was a genius. I can be working on 3 or 4 things at once and can send out a quick chat/questions to multiple people and can keep working while I wait for an answer. Its in "real time" so it saves having to get up and walk all over the place to find the person you need to ask a question or tell something to.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Chastin J. M.</span>
Chastin J. M.

"Google Hangouts runs my business"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of communication with Google Hangouts. I use Google Hangouts in and out of my business. Our business phone number is a Google voice number so therefore all communication for that number goes through google hangouts. I like that there is an app for the computer and the phone so you don't have to do everything from the phone. I like that multiple people can use it at the same time. It's really easy to use. There is also great video and audio conferencing capabilities. I prefer to use GH over Skype or any other platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the phone app for iPhone. It's not as integrated as the Android version. I would like it if the app allowed you to add contacts to your phone book from it.

It is solving the communication problems. The benefits that I have realized is the ability for multiple users to interact within Google Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Terrance D.</span>
Terrance D.

"Review - Google Hangouts "

What do you like best?

For video conferencing and collaborative video solutions, Hangouts delivers a great experience with minimal fuss. In my previous roles in quality assurance and customer-facing CRM consulting, I found Hangouts to be superior to other web conferencing platforms (Skype, Lync, ooVoo). When paired with other Google apps, we're able to provide a comprehensive and holistic solution for collaborative work in and out of the office.

What do you dislike?

I experience occasional hiccups in transitioning between calls from mobile to desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to double check documentation and regularly do diagnostics with team admins to ensure that you can provide the best experience on video.

Attribution, collaborative development on CRM rollouts, enterprise video conferencing.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Krishna Priyanka C.</span>
Krishna Priyanka C.

"I use this every day"

What do you like best?

- Ability to use the product without installing additional software as it is integrated with gmail.

- Almost everyone has a gmail account so no additional step of creating an account specifically for this.

- Excellent for personal use.

- Good for conference calls if the team is small (there is a limit of 15 users).

- Exceptional when interacting with remote people and one-to-one with remote people.

- Very good quality most of the time.

What do you dislike?

- There is a limit of 15 users. Makes it useless when holding company wide or department wide conferences.

- Video/audible troubles noticeable number of times.

- Echo problem. Noise cancellation is not that good.

- It best suits for personal use and is not designed as a business solution. No chat groups or ability to pin/index important conversation parts which I think are more valuable while using a team group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent software if you have a small team or for one-to-one conversations and meetings. Also excellent for personal use. But I would not use it as a business solution and/or to hold large conference calls.

But on the whole I love this product as there are no better available alternatives not atleast I want to try as this is right there when I check my email and I need not even have to open another tab to use it when on desktop.

This is especially wonderful when holding standups and interacting with remote people. We use gmail as business email so using hangouts is easy and free available option for us with no additional software we have to install . We use it every day and is wonderful not for just conversations but also to debug issues in code. I wish remote desktop control is integrated within the software which will make it lot easier when debugging. I think we need to install an addon software to enable it. Never tried.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Brittany P.</span>
Brittany P.

"Organized Way to Meet with Your Team "

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes team meetings (especially if you have two offices) super simple and easy. The use of the product is great - and had no issues when using it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Hangouts will switch screens/users to highlight if they think they are talking. It'll pick up a background noise and will switch to their screen versus keeping it on the presenter. But there is a feature where you can click to present to everyone to prevent that in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like all Google service products are easy to use and the Holy Grail for all. With that teams and companies with two or more offices in different areas, should just utilize Google Hangouts versus a paid platform. It's easy to use, anyone can navigate it, and does it's job.

Google Hangouts is solving the business problem by creating effective communication with the team. This helps a lot of companies that have two or more offices in different areas and where they are unable to meet face to face. With that it's super beneficial as it creates a line of effective communication.

Google Hangouts review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Google Hangouts a Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to connect with coworkers around campus who may not be at their office phone/desk, so this is the only way to reach them. I also personally like the emoticons and different pictures you can send. You can turn your chat history on or off, depending on if you want to save or not save your conversations. You can download the Google Hangouts app for your mobile phone and pick up a conversation where you left off at a computer.

What do you dislike?

I think because I had an older version installed on my Gmail account, sometimes my chat screen will revert back to the old style. Sometimes the chat screen will freeze up completely and I will have to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to chat with coworkers when they may not have access to their office phone, or may be on their phone on another line but are able to answer my question through Google Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.

"Google Hangouts! No Hang-ups!"

What do you like best?

Google once again provides an amazing product for free. It is integrated into Google Calendar and so easy to use. Its design is even more intuitive than Skype or any other video conferencing software. Perhaps the most valuable feature is how it can connect so many different users at the same time. I have had 5 at once with no issues.

What do you dislike?

None in particular. The connectivity seems very reliable, but you are at the mercy of other people's connection strength. The design and interface seem intuitive, but I don't like how the video call opens a new window. This means you have to toggle back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reboot your computer if you switch back and forth between Skype and Hangouts. I have found the audio will be muted unless I restart the computer.

As an author, I use Google Hangouts in tandem with Google Docs to write books. It is more productive to see my co-writers face-to-face in real-time as we write together.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Nick W.</span>
Nick W.

"Easy Team Communication"

What do you like best?

We have teo offices and we work daily with them. Google hangouts makes it so easy to stay in touch without disrupting what your doing with a phone call.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there seems to be a lag or it doesn't refresh when someone replies depending on your internet sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a simple way to keep a team that is spread out connected, then Google hangouts is a great way to make your team feel like its all in the same room.

Bridging the gap between our marketing and customer service teams that are in two separate locations. It has allowed us to make quicker communication than email and less disruptive than a phone call.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Mario U.</span>
Mario U.

"Connecting Live with Gmail Contacts easily"

What do you like best?

The integration of Google Contacts as the resource for persons available to chat with. Easy to start a one to one VideoCall or VideoConference with good quality. It´s free and supported by a huge system to rely on. Sincronizes seamless with your mobile phone vía native App, so you can continue conversations whatever you are.

What do you dislike?

Does not has grow in general usage even knowing of the good quality; wish I have more active contacts as the same level of other messaging services. Sometimes app can be heavy in resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try well their features and invite your professional contacts to start using; is a great way to combine Email and Messaging in one app

Talking quickly and fluid with contacts in a professional way. Initiate with no complex requirements a video conference.

Google Hangouts review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not loaded with features, but meets the minimum that I require"

What do you like best?

I very much enjoy that it syncs with my mobile and desktop, so that if I need to run to a meeting I can still receive notifications (and use the app) from my phone.

Having my Hangouts conversations indexed with my gmail makes me life much easier when I can't remember if I had a conversation with someone via email or chat, and I can just search in one place to find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I do struggle sometimes with syncing issues, where mobile or desktop will be behind the others. I haven't quite figured out why it happens, because sometimes I have both devices sitting in front of me and I haven't moved/switched from wireless to data/etc.

Sometimes my sound notifications just randomly cease to work for periods of time. Same thing, nothing has been moved or changed, but I suddenly no longer receive sound with my notifications (which as a busy person, I sometimes require to get my attention).

I also like that I can view if someone is viewing from their mobile or desktop (if they have that setting turned on, of course) - it helps me monitor my staff and understand how they work. I've found that some people are just much more responsive from their phone because it's always on them, whereas others don't check it at all and have to be at their computers to be productive and responsive.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Fernando E.</span>
Fernando E.

"Good integration between SMS and voice calls."

What do you like best?

I like the handling of my SMS in conjunction with voice calls, which allows me to communicate with clients and suppliers that are not available to communicate by other applications with a larger number of users.

What do you dislike?

It has few active users. As a calling application it is little known by most people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give you a chance to use this application as an aid when communicating with other people.

Through this application I have been able to communicate with users that they don't have other chat applications installed on the phone, since Hangouts is pre-installed on most Android systems.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Sid J.</span>
Sid J.

"Good for calling within North America"

What do you like best?

The best part is that calling to US and Canada is free. When I used it to call US from Canada, the call quality was decent since the recipient was able to hear me clearly.

What do you dislike?

The voice quality is bad whenever I call within Canada so I have stopped using it for nation-wide calls unless I run out of all my cell phone minutes. I also dislike how the number is blocked when you call, which discourages recipients from answering the phone and makes it impossible for them to call back. On the other hand, Textplus/Nextplus gives lets us pick a phone number which we can use as our own to make and receive calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out other apps like Nextplus where you can get a number and get free credit by performing some actions like app downloads to call a wide range of countries - not just US and Canada. If you only want to call within US & Canada, then Google Hangouts could be your go-to for free unlimited calling.

I am solving the problem of having no US-calling minutes in my cell phone plan. I have been able to benefit by using this app when there is no other way to call for free.

Google Hangouts review by <span>KUMAR UJJWAL S.</span>
KUMAR UJJWAL S.

"Hangout really makes every distance between friends,colleagues and lovers to be short."

What do you like best?

Well the best part about Google Hangout is that it feels to be the most secured video chatting platform I've been using for a while. I'm really concerned about my chats and video calls but I feel really assured when I'm using Hangout since everything goes through under Google's server. The quality of the calls and the easy of access makes it really simple to use and it just works super nicely with the connection quality.

What do you dislike?

The one and only thing which I really feel that Hangout should be improved is the stability of the program. Although we get such nice features and everything from Hangout so this problem can be ignored but it really is a bit irritating when you're on a hangout call with your loved one and suddenly the audio video crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just say that if this Google Hangout gets to be more stable then this can be the best audio/video calling software put to use. And others can really try it as Hangouts are secured and much easy to use

Well it really is having a very nice conferencing platform and it makes it easier for those meetings which termed as business problems but in a very friendly way.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Bradley C.</span>
Bradley C.

"The simple solution to video conferencing "

What do you like best?

Compared to the various video conferencing features I've used, Google Hangout is the best. There's no unnecessary software to download or annoying dial in codes or anything like that. Find a contact, invite them and start chatting! It's simple and easy to use, which in my book is how a quality communication product should be made. If it's more difficult than making a phone call, you've lost my interest. Google Hangouts passes with flying colors!

What do you dislike?

Honestly I know I should be able to think of something I dislike, but at the moment I can't think of anything. It is another great product in Google's suite of communication tools. Way better than Google+

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you want to message with friends while at the office or setup a business conference via video, Google Hangouts are great! It's simple, convenient and rarely has issues. I use it nearly everyday to avoid texting at the office or catchup face to face with a friend traveling overseas. A wonderful (and free!) product. Thumbs up, Google.

Video calls, video interviews for later use as web content, messaging, web conferencing for work and personal.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Rebecca W.</span>
Rebecca W.

"Google Hangouts - A Great Alternative to Zoom"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes video conferencing effortless! Easy to join, record, mute, and not limited to participants. Makes it easy to file share, as well as to share screen and show participants any information located on your computer. Also able to record and share link for users who were not able to join the live meeting.

What do you dislike?

At times, the links can be tricky. They don't always work, and people can't always join if they are late. At times, the moderator must exit and rejoin or create a new link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More user friendly than other programs and connects to Google drive

Being able to share a video conference with a large number of people. You are able to post a mass invite for others to join. Allows you to reach mor epeople

Google Hangouts review by <span>Christian N.</span>
Christian N.

"Great pricing to international business that need to make calls worldwide."

What do you like best?

You can call any phone number in any country at a reasonable price. The process to make calls is very straight forward.

you can call phone numbers and gmail contacts. When you call your gmail contacts, you can have video conference calls with several contacts at the same time. All this for free but phone calls outside the US

What do you dislike?

You can not have your own phone number. If you want people to all you, you will have to provide maybe a skype number. This is bad because you sometimes will have to switch between apps in order to receive calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The possibility of buying your own phone number and use it in the app.

I need to make calls to several people in different countries. Skype fees are more expensive than hangouts. I concentrate in one app my calls to my gmail contacts, and phone calls to clients and business partners.

Google Hangouts review by User in Internet

"Great solution for many problems."

What do you like best?

It is a very simple messenger that can be used from most any device. When traveling internationally I can still message people normally without them knowing I am out of the country. VOIP features are nice as well. Especially since you can get a second number for free.

What do you dislike?

VOIP can be tricky to set up depending on how you are trying to use it. Also signal seems to have more effect on VOIP than video conferencing when using on a mobile device. Also, if you want it to ring in normally for for people calling you there is no way to tell if it is a VOIP call through hangouts or a standard call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any conferencing service there are at the very least 2 end users. The easier it is for the person you are contacting the better.

Free international messaging and VOIP. Webinars are also a perk.

Google Hangouts review by User in Financial Services

"Google Hangouts, Not Just Another Chatting Application"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this app, apart from it's clever name, is the ability to have your contact list easily accessible to you. It syncs a list of all your contacts and differentiates between users of the app, and non-users of the app.It's like an alternative to texting as emoticons can be used, and images can be sent through this application. I also enjoy the fact that you can sign in with your email-address, as opposed to using your phone number.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the mobile app does not provide information regarding which contacts are online, nor does it provide their statuses. This application is also lacking many administrative options. I also find this application slow to use at times on android. I also find that with this app, notifications are sometimes missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend recording business-meetings for reference for people who couldn't attend the meeting. I also recommend turning off notifications during important business meetings.

Google hangouts can be used to store all of my business-contacts. Also, I can create a Google Hangout Branding page to advertise my business. I am able to conduct business oversees by using the calling feature. It is free over Wifi

Google Hangouts review by <span>Russell H.</span>
Russell H.

"Technically efficient but there is always human error."

What do you like best?

Easy to jump on a call with multiple people and easy to join across multiple devices. Can switch between video and voice only seamlessly. Great software.

What do you dislike?

There seems to always be human error. It can be confusing who's calling who or if there is as existing call in progress. Be sure to be clear when you are communicating with your team who's calling who or where to sign-in to the meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use google in your organization it perfectly integrates for internal communications.

Great for collaborating between remote teams. As a freelance I work with several different people and teams across multiple time zones. You can quickly jump on a call to collaborate which is a huge time saver.

Google Hangouts review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Hanging out as always"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use Google Hangouts is. There is no learning curve to this product. You can pick it up and start using it right away. This is rare in this day and age. I like how user friendly it is, and how I was able to get my message across to followers with little or no effort.

What do you dislike?

I wish more people would use this. It feels like there are other platforms that allow for a bigger user base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts gives you a great platform to chat with whomever and spread word of your business, product, event, or anything you would like. You can share with just about anyone, and allow anyone to come in and join you. I highly reccomend giving it a try. The learning curve for using it is easy as can be, and truly anyone can pick it up and get started.

We hosted a podcast here. It allowed us to step away from YouTube when it was acting up, and saved us from having to spend money to host our podcasts on other websites.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Ashley L.</span>
Ashley L.

"Wonderful IM/chat tool"

What do you like best?

I love that I can access hangouts from my desktop, app, or gmail. Hangouts has been a fantastic tool to keep in touch with colleagues. Hangouts has been great for managing contacts.

What do you dislike?

When I have the desktop notifications enabled, a popup will come up in the lower right portion of the screen that often gets annoying. A minor complaint for an otherwise great product!

My team often uses Hangouts for a quick meeting when we aren't all in the same building. It helps us stay in touch regardless of where we are.

"Easy & User-Friendly!"

What do you like best?

Gchat is highly accessible and compatible across different devices. I love that I can chat with my friends and family whenever I need to, across all of our different devices (MACs, iPhones, Android devices, etc.)

What do you dislike?

This may just be a bug, but when I hover over someone's contact, I cannot tell what email they're actually chatting me from. Rather, it just shows their full name (which makes it hard to understand if I'm communicating with a professional vs. personal account for example).

Google hangouts makes it very easy and convenient to chat with one or many colleagues, integrate calendars, etc. The ease of use is by far the best aspect of this communication platform!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Michele O.</span>
Michele O.

"Great for educators and connecting for meetings!"

What do you like best?

I like he ease of connecting with others through hangouts. It takes just a short time to learn the platform or to teach others how it works.

What do you dislike?

At times I experienced some connectivity issues, it was most likely internet issues but frustrating none the less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wold recommend doing practice run throughs with Hangouts prior to actually needing it to make sure you are aware of the process and features.

I am able to conduct meetings with others from afar. One of the most exciting things is to have a guest speaker to my classroom through Google Hangouts! Students were able to contact and talk with artists also through their Chromebook/Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Jennifer S.</span>
Jennifer S.

"Clear Communication"

What do you like best?

I work remotely full-time, so this tool is the one form of communication I use most in communicating with my co-workers. I rely heavily on it on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There haven't really been any major issues. The app is a bit more difficult to use, but other than that, it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Google Hangouts for chat and for meetings. It is very easy to use and navigate, especially if you are already using Gmail or other Google-based services.

There are too many benefits to name with the use of Google Hangouts. I rely on it for chat, meetings, and for the majority of my daily communication with my co-workers.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Rachel F.</span>
Rachel F.

"Good for Groups"

What do you like best?

Talking to a large group, and being able to see their faces during the meeting. I also love that we can switch presenters quickly with minimal lag time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's confusing who is talking, and the audio recording feature is hard to use. I would also like to see the volume easier to control for when we switch presenters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is considerably easy to use, and allows users to easily switch between presenters and share their screens. It's interface is easier to understand than Citrix or GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar.

In instances where we need to get our team on the same page, using Google Hangouts is very beneficial. It helps us see where our project is and what still needs to be done.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Christopher M.</span>
Christopher M.

"Game Changing"

What do you like best?

It's easy. reliable and overall awesome. My team is split up between two locations and I often need to connect with them quickly. Google Hangout makes it possible for us to chat through important agenda items without having to set up a conference calls

What do you dislike?

The quality of the call can vary a bit, but typically this is a minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple virtual meetings, dump go to meeting. Hangout is simple and everyone has access to it.

My team is hardly ever in the same place so having adwords allows us to connect several times a week without having to set anything up. I can just simply hit the call button and chat through something real quick.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Andrew G.</span>
Andrew G.

"I Stay Connected With Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts lets me stay connected with clients without having to always type up a formal email. If I have a quick question I can see if they are online and active and I know if I can message them. Having the ability to video chat at the same time makes some conversations even easier. I also love that I can use it on any device, if I am out I can use it on my phone, in the office on my computer, traveling on my laptop... anywhere I have a connection.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of much I dislike about Hangouts... one time I made a call and I could hear myself on the clients side.. it was a bit distracting but we hung up and called again and everything worked perfectly. The only other thing I can think of is that it is far too easy to get caught up in Google Hangouts since it is literally right there in my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Google Hangouts if you work with other people. Emails tend to be formal or they fill my inbox and sometimes I don't check every email I get.. Hangouts pops up as a chat so it grabs my attention for important things. It is a great FREE tool that can only make your business run smoother.

Hangouts help me with my business because it lets me interact with co-workers and clients quickly and when I have a quick question or request I don't have to type up an entire email, I just message them. It also helps me get together with a group of people even if we aren't all in the office.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"A Teacher's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

I love that this app works on all my devices, so I can communicate with co-workers and students regardless of my location.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Hangouts can be glitchy. I have had links not work and calls dropped, but overall this is easy to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that everyone is ready when doing multi-person video calls as sometimes there can be drops, but once you are in, it works wonderfully. The chatting and calling features on mobile devices is great.

Phone calls can be time-consuming, and it is so much faster to send a message that pops up on the computer or cell phone screen.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Brian G.</span>
Brian G.

"Not terrible "

What do you like best?

Hangouts is great at scheduling at quickly and on the fly . As easy as hopping on a call which is nice . Video is also a nice touch

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is not great with people plugging in by phone /has some audio video issues . Also limited ability to use chat /share files compared to zoom . Not bad for being free but not as seamless as I’d like

I’ve solced the ability to gather a small group of people like a smaller team I work with on a web call at a moments notice without scheduling one . More efficiency

Google Hangouts review by User in Higher Education

"Nice to hangout on this platform"

What do you like best?

1. User-friendly

2. Voice text message

3. Chrome extension (notifies me whenever I receive a message or call )

What do you dislike?

If you are logged in the hangout app on your phone and also on your laptop, you get a call on both the devices. That is good but It rings at both places. (Creates too much noise in the room because of the ringing of both the devices).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the good video quality chat, Google Allo is the best.

Hangout can be used for professional and personal use since it is available on both PC and phone

Just to talk with friends/family.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Edwin M.</span>
Edwin M.

"Used for Personal and Business"

What do you like best?

I like how convenient it was to use and link to my phone and email

What do you dislike?

The startup time of the of the app online takes to long

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it is still around as they just recently shut it down. Download it because its great for conferences, doing interviews (sometimes people request interviews through here), and to chat with friends and receive text. Should you link this with your phone, if you lose it, then you can still receive you text and not miss out on anything that you consider important

Help me connect with others and have interviews, and attend meetings

Google Hangouts review by <span>Brad G.</span>
Brad G.

"Good for small use cases"

What do you like best?

The integrations with the rest of my life which is one Google product or another (Gmail, Gcal, etc) makes life easy. The iOS app is also nice and works well. Screen sharing is nice, conference calling is a must have and works well. It's easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

Like most Google products after a year they seem to go downhill, i've had real issues with dropped audio in the last few weeks . It's a decent resource hog for me (fan is always spinning). If you have more than a handful of people on a call it can get real spotty. The websites interface is not intuitive to me, it's much easier to get to a call via Gcalendar. 15 user limit, and i believe that's an increased number if you pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good for small quick conversations and small teams. It doesn't scale up very well though.

As a remote worker i use Hangouts any time i need to talk with someone in real-time. We also use Hangouts for all our conferencing across time-zones. We have a distributed team so having meetings with the entire company is a weekly necessity.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Cecilia N.</span>
Cecilia N.

"Great messaging app, could be tremendously better though!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can use Hangouts on many platforms regardless of the operating system. Such as Windows PC, Mac OS, iOS or Android. Also love that you can video chat with multiple people at once.

What do you dislike?

I have the app on my phone, and recently within the past couple months, I haven't received all my notifications. At times I wouldn't see messages for hours until I opened up the app itself and saw unread messages. This is very frustrating because some of these messages I received are time sensitive. Also, when using group video chatting with Hangouts, I notice the audio quality isn't that great. Not sure if it's the device I'm using but there would be a buzzing sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is an excellent program/app that I've found to be useful. I love using it on my phone, tablet, and computer. Messages usually sync between the three devices that I use. If you want to use Google Hangouts to it's fullest potential, I would recommend installing it on every device that you use frequently. The ability to receive messages at any time and on any device is very helpful and useful.

I use Hangouts to communicate with my co-workers. This can be very helpful when at work because it's easier than sending e-mails back and forth. Also, video chatting through Hangouts is great when working remotely or working with others that are working remotely. The video screen sharing is very helpful when trying to troubleshoot issues with coworkers or when trying to describe how to solve a problem.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Pat E.</span>
Pat E.

"I utilize Google Hangouts to communicate with co-workers and friends."

What do you like best?

The best part about using Google Hangouts is that all of my co-workers and a large portion of my friends also utilize Hangouts so it's an easy, efficient way to communicate with everyone I need to communicate with during the work day.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about using Google Hangouts is that it makes it so easy to get distracted because everyone is using it. It's easy to get carried away in what was meant to be a quick conversation because it's so convenient. You can adjust your status though to be busy or hide offline for times when you can't afford to be disturbed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google hangouts is really the only workplace collaboration / communication tool I've ever used and am very satisfied with it thus far. I know lots of teams that utilize Slack for workplace communication but I think that Slack works better for larger teams who need to utilize multiple chat groups. The video and audio quality in Google Hangouts is pretty good and has been a better option for remote employees during our weekly team meetings than using our office conference phone. I'd recommend giving Google Hangouts a shot.

Being a remote employee, Google Hangouts solves a plethora of business problems for me and my team. IT allows me to participate in weekly team meetings and connect quickly and easily with all of my co-workers when the content of my conversation is formal enough for an email or phone call.

Google Hangouts review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Keeping you and other Google contacts connected"

What do you like best?

Google hangouts allows me to chat, call, or video my Google contacts with zero effort. It’s free which is awesome and since everyone pretty much as a Gmail account, you can communicate with colleagues, friends and family through this app/program.

What do you dislike?

Google hangouts hasn’t given me any reasons to dislike it.

Being a large campus with employees spread out in their own departments, google hangouts makes communication much easier! You can instantly send messages to ask questions and arrange meetings through group chats. Also it allows for making business calls too direct though the app. Everything you need is in one place!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Tim T.</span>
Tim T.

"Positives about Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Everything about Google is so easy to use and to integrate. You can move from one thing to the next with little or no effort. Everything is available to you with no real problems or need to learn "how" to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is just not the first thing I go to when I'm using Google products. There are so many "other" things. There are other companies that specialize in that and so I'm typically going to use them first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is easy. Everyone can use it and everyone has it.

It is possible to use it to have a conference call with someone that does not have access to another system because EVERYONE has Google and access to Hangouts.

"Such an easy program!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I am able to do a video call, voice call, and screen share. I work remotely a lot and sometimes my boss wants to be able to see what it is that I am doing. Being able to do a screen share with him has made things extremely easy for me to do.

What do you dislike?

I find that it can be a bit buggy. When I do video calls the call will drop and I have full service and so does the other person. There must be an issue somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and free software to use, this is the one you are looking for.

Being able to work from home and share with a client or my boss what I am doing is very helpful.

Google Hangouts review by User

"Great product for video conferences!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the product cannot be understated. It allows you to just click whichever person you want to talk to and it offers the options of video or voice conferencing with the ability to add further members. That's it, there's no other additional steps that may hinder the experience like I've had to deal with in the past.

What do you dislike?

You need to have a connected Google Apps account in order to use it, which may not be for every company. Fortunately, I think there is a way to provide a link to the client in order to let them join.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a Google account, or have your company use Google Apps, makes the process a lot easier.

We can video and audio conference very easily, in high quality, and for free too!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Meaghan H.</span>
Meaghan H.

"Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

I like that google calendar automatically creates a hangout link for every event placed on your calendar, making it very easy to find and access the video conference. I also like that it is in the same place as many other products I use, such as gmail, Google Docs, Drive, and Google calendar so I don't have to log in to something separately. I makes it a lot easier to keep track of all the programs I use that way.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that a couple of times I have signed in and my audio has just not worked. It has also happened to other colleagues and clients. Usually the solution is to sign into a different browser or connect via your phone. Every time it happens it causes delays and sometimes meetings to run over, which can be very frustrating, especially during time crunches. Sometimes there are also problems with video cutting out, but I cannot tell if that is the office internet or hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very convenient if you are already a user of gmail. Calendar automatically creates a hangout link, which makes it easy to find, and if you have email notifications set up for events, it only just adds to the convenience.

This has help tremendously with remote meetings, particularly with team members in different parts of the world. It is also very convenient because it is connected to our gmail accounts and calendar, which helps keep things organized.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Katya K.</span>
Katya K.

"Ubiquitous, reliable, free individual or team video and chat communications"

What do you like best?

The Hangouts experience itself is intuitive and reliable. It's very easy to arrange a meeting with a group, or just to send a text-like message to a contact. The options of video, voice, and text are simple to operate, and the mobile app is easy to use. I like how Hangouts is integrated with Gmail and Google Calendar. Hangouts makes it easy to allow multiple people to screen-share during a session, which is a paid feature in many other video conferencing platforms. Also, since most people already have a Google Account, it is easy for people to get started using it. I know of at least one multi-million dollar company who uses Hangouts for team meetings, despite all of the paid options out there.

What do you dislike?

At times the video quality is less than sharp. Also, I don't see that there is an option for remote keyboard and mouse control, so teams looking for that option may need a separate solution for that.

Also, at times the Hangout doesn't automatically end when all parties leave the meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally prefer Google Hangouts to most paid Enterprise solutions. If nothing else, it's useful as a backup communications platform. The live chat feature is very convenient for quick team communications and prevents email overload.

When I need to quickly be able to swap views of my screen and another person's screen during a video chat, Google Hangouts is my go-to tool. Because it is so easy for anyone to install the voice and video plugins, and because Google Hangouts seems to work with any device, I've been able to have video conferencing with people all over the world at no charge.

Google Hangouts review by User

"Similar to Skype, but built into Google Software"

What do you like best?

Pretty much as my title reads, the main draw to me of using google hangouts was its' incorporation into other google software. Mentally, there is a disconnect for me between using Skype, which I still see as a social media-type program, and google hangouts- which still seem businesslike (if only because of the google name). The fact that you can use it from gmail adds to this. And you don't have to download an additional software, making it very convenient for use.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really inherently dislike about the system, it works like I expect it to. It's just a video/voice calling program under the google name. It's fairly underwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an online version of Skype, just google it and try it out. It links to your gmail, which is fairly convenient.

If your office is in need of a video or voice calling software that is easy to implement, then google hangouts is a fantastic resource. It is basically Skype without the need to download Skype.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Harry K.</span>
Harry K.

"Perfect for mobile"

What do you like best?

It comes with Android by default.

You can use it both as an IM and text messages.

You can use it as VoIP

Make phone calls through your Google Voice number using the Hangouts Dialer app

You can draw a doodle, send emojis, pictures, MMS

I can video chat

I can call a phone from my computer

I can do group Hangouts

Hidden animations when I type "yay!!", "happy birthday", "LMAO"

What do you dislike?

You cannot use it as VoIP if you are a US resident.

There is no calendar integration with Google Calendar. It can't be more obvious than that. In iOS in can provide integration with Mail.app as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you want seamless integration with Android and if you want an app that can send both texts and IMs.

Google Hangouts haven't achieved to be the default messaging app on Android devices. Companies always ship their own messaging app (both for texts and IMs). Even Google has Messenger for texts. And a Googler said in an interview that Google advises users to use Messenger for sending texts, not Hangouts. I don't think this is the right direction that the app should take.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Mary A.</span>
Mary A.

"The best way to communicate with my coworkers"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, and it's free, and it has a mobile app

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the sound quality isn't as high s I would like it to be, but that also might have something to do with my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the "Hangout Toolbox" addition which will give you some extra control over your experience, like volume adjustment.

I'm working remotely, and Google Hangouts allows me to easily video conference with the main office.

"Marvelous Messaging"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the emojis and animation, whether for business or personal use. It is simple and seamless in its design. Easy to do more with less clicks, which I love. Can quickly minimize windows or keep track of multiple group conversations.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have a way to chronicle chats within the Google interface/Gmail window to be able to refer back to specific information. Would also be nice to search for specific words/terms in past chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize it in when speaking to Gmail contacts who you know are in front of their computers (at work). It's quick and discreet!

Constant collaboration and communication. Able to keep in touch with remote teams or contacts while gettings things done. Able to keep in touch from any device or while on the go.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Juan N.</span>
Juan N.

"Available for team work! "

What do you like best?

What i like the most is the support for grupal video chats.

What do you dislike?

Sending information while on the video chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for large group video chats.

Reaching out people from other countries whether I use the app for calling or charging some money to call them. It makes it easy to find a way to contact trough email. No extra usernames.

Google Hangouts review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Like Skype, but better!"

What do you like best?

I like that this app doesn't freeze up as often as Skype. I have used this app for videocalls to family over 1k miles away and it feels like I'm in the room!

What do you dislike?

I think the overall design could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Down load the app and try it out. It's easy to set up and to use.

I have used this app with clients who may no otherwise be able to make phone calls. This is helpful for people with family or friends living far away as well. When I teach children how to use this, they are very impressed.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Robert (Bob) B.</span>
Robert (Bob) B.

"Great product with a few missing features"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily launch it from Gmail or add it to my calendar events. Makes having online meetings a snap! And the integration with Google Voice means I use it for my phone system too!

What do you dislike?

It's limited to 15 participants and cannot record. Hangouts On Air allows unlimited viewers but they cannot directly interact with participants. Plus, Google has not yet made it easy to launch a Hangout On Air from a Google Chromebox, so if you use that device, holding and recording large meetings is very difficult. In short, it's excellent for small meetings that don't need to be recorded, but you need a secondary webinar service to supplement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely, please do yourself a favor and use it! It will change the way you communicate if you ever need to deal with colleagues remotely. Just be aware that you may need a secondary webinar system for larger, more formal sessions that need to be recorded. Hangouts on Air can be used for these but I've found it's not an ideal solution (yet!).

Enhanced communication among remote employees. We can communicate real time, allowing us to be more efficient and eliminating many of the lengthy delays caused by email communication. The integrated chat/audio/video communication allows us to easily jump to the level of communication needed. For example, if we're on a chat and realize it would be more efficient to talk, an audio call is a mere click away. And if we need to do a screenshare, it's only a couple more clicks to get there. Great stuff.

Google Hangouts review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Easy web conferencing and chat tool"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and intuitive it is to use Google Hangouts. I frequently use it just for quickly chatting with colleagues, but the video option is also great for attending meetings virtually. I also like that there's a link in Gcal invites to join meetings remotely via Hangouts.

What do you dislike?

It's a very small quibble, but I wish you could add similar emoji and reactions to chats like in Slack. Otherwise, I've found Google Hangouts to be a reliable tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use Gmail as your email interface, I would definitely recommend trying Google Hangouts. You have your calendar, email and chats/video conferences all in one spot. Download the app to get notifications when you're not at your computer.

I've been able to video into meetings that I'm unable to attend in person.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Catherine C.</span>
Catherine C.

"Makes work communication easy while staying separate from personal communication methods"

What do you like best?

I like the mobile app that allows for chat on the move.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the product itself. There is a setting to hide your online status, which can be frustrating when it's a method used to communicate with coworkers, but that's an internal problem with our business, not he product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because it's part of the Google suite of services, integration with other aspects of a Google account are seamless. I would recommend this highly over Skype or other chat apps for quick messaging and video conferencing.

This makes it much easier to ask quick questions on the move and doesn't clog inboxes.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Hangouts for quick chat & video calls"

What do you like best?

After closing the gtalk, The hangouts has provided the comfort of having an app to chat quickly and easily by using gmail id.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific to say, But the chat history function can be improved keeping in mind that we will be going back to look at the chat history or to check specific chat sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way to chat and connect with large number of people since most of them uses google id's.

Always helpful for quick communication and chat with the vendors and also scheduling interviews and meetings in the platform.

Google Hangouts review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Hangouts an amazing communication tool"

What do you like best?

I use hangout constantly at work and outside of work. Whether it's on my phone or on my computer, all my google accounts are always connected so I can receive a message from anyone. There are several aspect of hangouts that are truly amazing:

1) Hangouts as a messenger tool: not only it allows you to connect with friends and colleagues, it also allows you to send images and audio files

2) Hangouts with Google Voice: I use my google voice number as my phone number. It's now merged with hangouts, which means that I receive both hangouts and text in the same app. It's so easy to manage

3) Hangouts and video conferences: you can video conference with multiple people at the same time. It also has several plugins that I have tested yet

You also benefit from your gmail search engine to look through all your hangout communication which makes it very easy to retrieve an information that you discussed with someone via hangout.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about hangout. One bug: sometimes (rarely) my google accounts will get disconnected on my phone and I will have to reconnect all of them manually. Another feature which I believe could be improved is the separation between your google contacts and your phone contacts (this doesn't impact hangouts on computer).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on using Google for other tools such as google drive, gmail, google calendar etc. you should definitely consider having your employees using hangouts. It will help you centralize all the conversations (email and hangout) hence making your the communication flow a lot better within your organization.

Communication goes a lot faster when you use hangouts. Instead of sending an email to ask someone if they took care of a task or to contact a friend and know where will be the next happy hour, I just hangout and send a hangout or a text.

Google Hangouts review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Multi Platform Bliss"

What do you like best?

As an Android user I've relied on Google's services for years. Hangouts manages my texts but lately I've been using it for video conferencing for work as well as playing online games with friends. For small groups it's a lot simpler than logging into Skype or some other meeting program. I like the cross-device compatibility and being able to take calls and text within Gmail.

What do you dislike?

Things can get confusing in terms of which contacts are using hangouts or not. Especially within Gmail I've been seeing a lot of redundant or duplicated conversations between the same person. I assume this is something I need to manage on my end but the notification and customization options are buried within either my phone settings or Google account proper.

Simple online meetings, file sharing, and group texting via my mobile phone. File and link sharing with an actual hangout session has been awesome and speedy. I've actually noticed that I opt to use Hangouts more than any other messaging app simply out of habit but also likely because it's so integrated with all the other Google services I use anyway.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Rami S.</span>
Rami S.

"Great Application to Text, Video Call, and Call your friends!"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best about Google Hangouts is that I am allowed to text my friends for free, call my friends for free, and text my friends for free all through this one simple app! This app also allows for free multi-video calls, so you can have more than one person per video call!

What do you dislike?

Something that I dislike about this app is that you must have a Google account to use this app, and for some people without a Google account this may be pretty tough to try to text them or video chat with them. Other than that, this app is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

A recommendation that I would say to people who want to use Google Hangouts is that you should make it your default SMS app on your Android phone, because I find it way easier than using the default app on Android. With Google Hangouts, you can call, text, and video chat, all through this one app, and I definitely know I save a lot of time whenever I am using this app!

A business problem that I'm solving by using Google Hangouts is that now I can text, and call for free, and I am saving a lot on my phone bill, which is fantastic! This also helps with customers who don't have a legitimate phone number, you could just get them setup with Google Hangouts, and then you could call/text them anytime you please!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Samantha K.</span>
Samantha K.

"East to use and easy for long-distance"

What do you like best?

I love the reliability of Google Hangouts. It's easy to use, and when using with 3+ people, I don't find issues with audio or voices overlapping.I like Hangouts a million times over Skype.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes I have audio issues when using the web app. Those with whom I am communicating are not able to hear me, while I can hear them, but the app is not sensing any errors with my microphone.

Finding a service that is reliable and better than Skype!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Kyle Q.</span>
Kyle Q.

"AN EASY WAY TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR TEAM!"

What do you like best?

- A free application to keep in touch in or out of the office to keep in touch with our team.

- Messaging and Video/Voice calls.

- Syncs across our Chromebooks and Android devices with no issues.

- Has a very easy to use GUI, sort of reminds me of Skype with the interface, but less of a Memory Hog.

- Cross platform support for iOS and Android and PC/MAC/LINUX.

What do you dislike?

- On Chrome OS there are some issues with not receiving calls sometimes with Google Hangouts.

- Kind of frustrating adding new contacts unless they are added on your phone or on Google Plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the easiest solutions you will ever implement to keep in touch with employees in the office or corporate anytime.

Finding the best way to contact our team, inside the office or out. For Video Calling, IM's or Voice Calling, anytime.

Google Hangouts review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Absolute MUST for company communication"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes collaboration so much easier at our office. We can quickly share a link or information and even when we are out of the office, we can use it on our phones. I really do not know how anyone works without it!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Google Hangouts!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google Hangouts. We use it on a daily basis at work to collaborate with one another and it is especially helpful when we need to just share a link or some information when we are out of the office because we can still use it on our phones. I honestly do not know how anyone works without this!

Quick collaboration. Especially with our outsourcers!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Matthew G.</span>
Matthew G.

"Good basic messenger, works til about 10 employees"

What do you like best?

I still use this as my personal messenger with people outside of business, but it lacks a lot of the archival/search/and integrations of more business-oriented chat apps like Slack. I love the mobile apps, in-line gif support, and the desktop extension for chrome which leaves hangouts running. Photo uploads on desktop are also super fast, which is useful at my work and at home. Integration with texting is a plus too! One app beats multiple apps. Off the record is good if you deal with sensitive information. I recommend it for small orgs or friends.

We do still use the skype-like feature as everyone has a gmail now and it's just way better than skype. More reliable and less of a RAM hog.

Also it's super free!

What do you dislike?

Again, the lack of business-oriented features (probably because it is free) . No integrations or APIs, not a good archival system or search, no channels to split conversations (have to make a ton of groups) and basically impossible to use in groups above 10 or so people if you chat all day.

It's confusing how to create events that will use Hangouts for a video chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small orgs use the messenger. Friends too. Use the video chat and VOIP for business calls or user chats, it's definitely the most built-out feature!

Office communication and idea organization with ability to message 24/7 within the team is what we were trying to do. It's good but not the best as the team scaled. Slack wiped it out in under a week but I still do use it for 1-to-1 messaging when I need a fast reply. It's way faster and easier than Slack for things like that!

We use the video chat feature for B2B calls as well as user interviews, it's amazing for that. The new skype sucks. This has screen share, etc. and is super lightweight and free.

Google Hangouts review by Administrator in Investment Banking
Administrator in Investment Banking

"End of all video meetings, Hangouts takes the crown"

What do you like best?

Hard to find anyone these days without a Google account. Hangouts is as easy as clicking the Join button and getting right to the video chat.

What do you dislike?

Wish the mobile app interface was slightly better, often call quality is poor on a handset. The software needs to be marketed better in Asia and Europe where Skype is still the prominent solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no installation, get straight to your video from a gmail account.

Conducted 100+ international meetings for prospective investments with Google Hangouts. I simply added a call link to Google Calendar invite and went right to business. The calendar integration coupled with ease of use and chat functionalities make it a must have web conferencing tool.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Melinda B.</span>
Melinda B.

"Review of Google Hanouts"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Google Hangouts. Google Hangouts is a great way to have multiple people in different locations meet synchronously.

What do you dislike?

It is important to remember to use the correct Google account when using a Google Hangout. For example, if a teacher wants to host a Google Hangout for her students then everyone should be using their school accounts instead of their personal account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts helps share information easily and quickly with multiple people. I can let my students know that I will host a Google Hangout at a particular time and the students that participate can ask me questions about their work, which is always helpful in math!!

Google Hangouts review by <span>Amelia E.</span>
Amelia E.

"Hangouts, All Day Every Day"

What do you like best?

Since our office already uses Gmail and Google Drive extensively, it's no wonder that we all use Hangouts as well. It's part of the email interface, so you don't have to have an extra program running, and if you're at your desk, everyone in the organization can get in touch with you instantly.

All conversations are automatically archived and searchable along with your email, so when you need to find out who said what about Project XYZ 6 months ago, it's pretty easy to find the answer.

What do you dislike?

The video is sometimes inexplicably laggy, but it's not a major part of our usage, so that's not too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you're chatting with multiple people, go ahead an pop the chats into separate windows, it's very easy to click on the wrong conversation when they're right next to each other.

Hangouts is most convenient for those quick little questions that used to clog up our inboxes and voicemail lines and since it's part of the email that we use, we still have records of what is discussed. We have a number of work from home people in various states, so it's a godsend in keeping us all connected.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Michael K.</span>
Michael K.

"Convenient messenger that works across multiple platforms"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to carry on a conversation on my PC and then immediately continue it on my mobile device. Since my employer chose to go with iPhone and Android mobile devices, I can collaborate with all of my team members (I'm in the IT department) very easily.

What do you dislike?

The video chat functionality on Hangouts is VERY bad. I really don't understand why it's nowhere comparable to Skype (which I also somewhat regularly use). Notifications aren't always sent/received, either. This can be troublesome if I'm trying to hold a crucial conversation and it seems like either party isn't responding for any reason other than them simply not getting said notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't expect Hangouts to be the most robust option for ensuring all messages are received in a timely fashion. However, it's a quick, easy way of communicating with others that I think had a wide audience.

Open collaboration with my entire team. Quick way of instantly communicating with everyone on multiple platforms.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Patrick T.</span>
Patrick T.

"Hang Out Review"

What do you like best?

I like how I can instant message anyone in the company and in addition to that I can add outsiders as well. I even like how Google voice can be incorporated as well.

What do you dislike?

There aren't too many things I dislike about this. Something was done right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty much self explanatory

The benefit is I can IM and Video Chat people inside and out of my company. Also since we are all spread out when we do our office meetings it makes things easy.

Google Hangouts review by User in Higher Education

"Pretty much has it all"

What do you like best?

Hangouts is my go-to app for video chatting and chatting otherwise with anyone with a Google account from my desktop. It's the ultimate Google app, for me, and I wish they'd just keep making it better instead of watering down the app pool with stuff like Allo and Duo.

What do you dislike?

I wish the SMS integration was a little smoother. There are a few features, such as adding stupid GIFs, that Gboard has that inexplicably don't work in Hangouts. If Google could just smooth this sort of thing over, bringing the full suite of features to just one of their products, we'd have a winner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an application that does voice calling, text chatting (plus SMS), and video calling, this one is real close to perfect.

It's great for getting people on a screen quickly with no setup or confusion.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Connor D.</span>
Connor D.

"Google Hangouts for video chats"

What do you like best?

I love Google and I use it all the time for email and google docs. So it is just convenient to have the Google Hangout platform be part of that. I also like that it is stigma'd as more professional than most other video chats like Skype.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how buggy it can be. When I have used it the connection always seems poor and the clarity is not very good. I don't know if that was my end or on Google, but I think that it should maintain a better connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use google hangouts when it is more convenient that anything else. If you plan out a meeting ahead of time I would probably use Skype.

I am mostly just solving the problem of conversing with people on a platform other than email or phone call. If I have a long email stream going, it is usually just more convenient to video chat.

Google Hangouts review by User in Public Policy
User in Public Policy

"Great fast and free service"

What do you like best?

- No plugin is necessary to run it

- Google Calendar and Slack integration

- Mobile app

- A call rings in all device at same time

- Easy screen sharing

What do you dislike?

Some people can't listen or talk in a meeting (maybe the configuration doesn't work for all device and headsets). Is not rare to move the meeting to another provider (Skype, Appear.in) as someone has problem.

Fast communication and setup. Within a click you can have meeting using camera, audio and screen sharing

Google Hangouts review by User in Higher Education

"I have used this product for a few of my MBA courses."

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to meet with others very quickly and conveniently and also have the ability to record meetings if needed. This is a great product that can be used by several individuals at one time.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there was anything that I didn't like about this product. It did everything I needed it to do and served its purpose well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is very easy to use and very convenient. The only thing that should be considered when using this product is that your hangouts may be able to be viewed by other people, depending on your security settings.

This product helps to connect with others who may be at different locations or office settings. It assists with group meetings and staying in communication with other team members. It also helps with problem solving and can be used for both personal and business purposes.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Erin T.</span>
Erin T.

"Hangout Review"

What do you like best?

My current company, Eventbrite, uses Google Hangouts for all of our internal meetings. At first I wasn't used to being on video, but after a couple weeks I got used to it and now prefer it for calls. When you work in a remote office, it's a great way to maintain contact with your colleagues who are far away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection is not great when you are on wifi and there are limitations to how many attendees can join a hangout - making is useful primarily for smaller meetings.

The main problem we are solving is the ability to have meetings and maintain contact between Nashville and San Francisco. The benefits are that you can feel a more personal connection when you actually see someone's face during conversations.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Corey N.</span>
Corey N.

"Hanging out on the web"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for contact within our company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having my e-mail open at the same time as it distracts me sometimes. haha.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know about the mute a group chat, to ensure you are not spammed. Be warned that these messages will then not appear as new, but will have a boldened name on the left hand column.

We're solving the ability to communicate internally between employees.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Sarah A.</span>
Sarah A.

"Free web meetings? Yes, please!"

What do you like best?

I work at a startup so we use google hangouts all the time to get our multiple offices across the US on one meeting. The service is free with our Googkefor Work account so we use it at about 80 percent (based on what I see) of our meetings. Often we will move between screen share, video, and chat to help convey our messages during meetings. The integration with Google calendar makes it super efficient to schedule a meeting and not have to do any extra work to get your hangout click link set up.

What do you dislike?

The service gets a little clunky when we have about a dozen multiple sign ins to the google hangout. The hangout shows your video by default, so that can seem a little off putting, but you can easily turn this off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already rely on Google for a lot of your workflows, hangouts is a natural addition.

We have meetings across multiple locations. We see colleagues often whom we may not otherwise see physically due to geographic distance. We easily screenshare. We have multiple people on the same page at one time regardless of their location.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A great way to communicate with other people"

What do you like best?

I don't know where to begin. Google Hangouts is awesome. I guess I'll start by mentioning that it integrates very seamlessly into GMail, my favorite kind of email. It handles text communication. And Google's added some nice emoticons. It's also more reliable than Skype and other forms of voice and video communication, although the reliability and connection isn't perfect.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that from time to time, Hangouts will disconnect. However, this doesn't happen more often than other kinds of software on the market, such as Skype. I also don't like that you can't send a reminder email to connect with other people on Hangouts. In addition, you can't really drag and order the old conversations on the sidebar, or mark them as read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hangouts is much easier to use than the other options. The integration with GMail makes it especially valuable. In addition, it's free to use with the other Google software. Hangouts' reliability has vastly improved over the years and I see it as only getting better from here.

We have remote employees, as well as employees who work from home. One, for example, is a manager in a different state who likes to be able to share a Hangout with the office even when he's working at home. It's a bit like the Star Wars scenes where people's figures are beamed in when they aren't there. Hangouts is reliable enough to support his being connected to the office in a Hangout for hours at a time.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Corey M.</span>
Corey M.

"Sales Exectuive"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is great for staying in touch with friends or colleagues. I primarily use it to talk to my colleagues while I am out of the office on meetings. I like that I can open it on my phone and it stays open, keeping me connected with those who need to get in touch with me.

What do you dislike?

Status settings. I wish there were more clear ways to set your status of being busy, away, or available. Hangouts isn't bad the way it is but this would help greatly.

Communication. I work in a very team driven atmosphere, I need to be able to talk to my colleagues at any point in time.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Matt C.</span>
Matt C.

"Connecting with My Team of Writers"

What do you like best?

It allows me to easily connect with a group of people and get everyone together as if they are in the same room, despite being thousands of miles away. I also like the fun effects that you can use during the hangout. From drawing to adding hats and beards, I think that makes it more enjoyable to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish the program did a better job of making the person who is talking the largest screen. Whoever is the main talker should always be on the full screen instead of me having to click on which screen I want to look at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to connect with a number of people, but hate the unnecessary email chains to get a point across? Get everyone in the same place, no matter where you are with Google Hangouts. It's easy to use and helps you connect with a group of people scattered across the world.

I'm able to get all of my writers together and connect with them very easily. It improves our communication and it's beneficial because it solves a problem in 15 minutes rather than chains of unnecessary emails.

Google Hangouts review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"A go-to for instant messaging"

What do you like best?

Since we use Gmail, Hangouts is built right in, which is nice. I've also found the Chrome extension useful so I can keep my Chat window open and separate from my email. It's helpful to be able to video chat right from the same app. I like that when I use the mobile app it updates the conversations on my desktop; it's nice to not miss a message.

What do you dislike?

I've had audio difficulties with the video chats. Sometimes it doesn't want to work with my computer/headset.

Allows users in different states and countries to communicate quickly and easily. Sometimes you just have a quick question and don't want to write an entire email. Enter Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Logan M.</span>
Logan M.

"Google Hangouts was a great communicator to use while connecting with friends."

What do you like best?

It was simple and efficient. The toolbar was not complex or over filled with data. The software allowed me to communicate to friends and family outside of work as Lync is the software my company uses for work purposes. It was easy to set up especially if you already have a Gmail account. You simply have to download the software and sign in using you existing account.

What do you dislike?

Every time that I open Chrome internet it automatically opens the Hangout function. There are times when I do not want to have that open while on the internet. When the tool opened it was irritating and took time to close out the software. If there was a way to keep it minimized from popping up when opening up Google Chrome, it would be better off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use communication software this is a great choice, especially if you already have a Gmail account set up. It is easy to use and a convenient way to communicate. I did not use it for business purposes but believe it would be a great software to use for that.

I have been able to communicate with personnel outside of the office. I did not use the software to solve any business problems. The benefits I have realized include being able to communicate to friends and family during the week while staying efficient and productive at work. It allowed me to stay off of my phone from work which is distracting.

Google Hangouts review by User in Internet

"Minimalist, Simple and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Instant Messaging - Hangouts is great for Instant Messaging for use on the phone and desktop. It has nice features such as the emojis, quick notepad drawings and pictures.

Video Conferencing - Very easy to add a video call to meeting. Integration with google drive. Ease of Use.

What do you dislike?

Instant Messaging - Both users have to use Hangouts in order to use some of the new features. A lot of my colleagues and friends are still using the old gchat and don't know about hangouts. Because of this the experience is fragmented across different users.

Video Conferencing - Limit of 15 people which could be a huge issue if you're working with a big team. There's no native solution for dial-in attendees. People who don't have hangouts on their phone will not able to attend the meeting on the go. Can't attach files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out with your colleagues and personal contacts. It's easy to set up and use.

Hangouts was deployed across our entire company to enable easy collaboration and video conferencing. Video conferencing is now a standard at our company compared to dial-in and screen shares.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Landon D.</span>
Landon D.

"Aside from iMessage, Google Hangouts is the easiest way to stay in touch."

What do you like best?

Hangouts is easy to use and available on basically any platform. Since everyone already has a Gmail account, the contact list is complete. Ability is make phone calls from the app is huge, and Google Voice SMS is now incorporated as well.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit outdated and there aren't very many features aside from basic functionality. Even with the correct settings, incoming calls don't always appear on iOS devices. Phone calls occasionally have a bad connection even with home wifi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hangouts is the best messenger app available.

I use Hangouts to communicate mostly with co-workers in different offices.

Google Hangouts review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Using Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

I like the multi-platform usability. Regardless of whether I am on my mobile device or sitting at my desktop, I can access all of my Hangouts from anywhere with an internet or data connection.

I also really like the integration with other Google products (docs, Youtube, etc.)

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I would say that one of the limiting factors is that it requires you to have a Gmail account, but let's be real: it's 2015, get a Gmail account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use Gmail and Google docs, you're already likely using this. If not, you have made a mistake that should immediately be rectified.

If you are new to the Google set of tools, these products are easy to use and set up for various skills levels of technology.

It's perfect for project collaboration. It's useful for not only within a single office, but if you're working with others in remote locations, it allows you as a group to communicate.

Google Hangouts review by User in Higher Education

"Hangouts really makes communication easy"

What do you like best?

In my office, we use Hangouts for meetings all the time. It's easier to have a conversation with people in different places when you can see each other. We use Hangouts to hold meetings several times a week and being able to talk face to face has made us much more productive. I like that it is so easy to set up meetings and to join a conversation. I also like the hangouts app because it allows me to see conversations easily when I do not have my browser open.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Hangouts removes people from my conversation list. I add people as favorites, but it can't seem to forget certain conversations. For example, I have conversations on my list from more than two years ago with people who are no longer at the company, but I also have conversations missing that I had two days ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely make sure that computers in your office have audio/microphone jacks that work with most headphones, that's slightly an issue with some of our users.

We are making group collaboration a lot easier with Hangouts. Everyone can talk and have a conversation no matter where they are, and this makes work a lot easier.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Mishal S.</span>
Mishal S.

"Across the earth"

What do you like best?

Its simple to use. Everyone understand google style and so this app won't take long. Hardly any unnecessary options cluttering the UI. Well written high performance app. Solid product for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Hangouts is still not exactly stable on Windows10 notebooks. I don't know whose fault. Could be audio or video driver's fault, for example. But that is one thing I unlike: the tiny bugs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it at least. Its free and works straight out of the browser once you've logged into a google service from a browser

Working with my team spread out across the world

Google Hangouts review by <span>Jefferson T.</span>
Jefferson T.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes it extremely easy to connect with your coworkers, business partners, friends, and family, and allows you to do so with a really smooth and easy to understand interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little more cross-platform functionality involved where I can just go from my phone to my computer and still be able to see exactly where I left off on my other device and maybe give it more functionality in terms of managing groups! In addition, I feel like the quality of the conference calls could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely do recommend at least giving this a try! It is a low-cost, efficient tool that can be utilized to increase communication amongst your associates.

I use it to keep in touch with my coworkers in order to increase communication between everyone.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Brian S.</span>
Brian S.

"Easy to use and setup video conference"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is extremely simply to use and setup. Even the most basic of users can get it running with little to no intervention from a technical expert. If a user can use Gmail, they can pretty much use Google Hangouts.

What do you dislike?

Connection limitations is my biggest pet peeve. Limits seem to be set at a maximum of 10 simultaneous users which puts a big damper on any wide scale video conferencing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to setup and use, and offers free usage, so the entry barrier to giving it a shot is minimal.

Quick video conferencing with colleagues and friends without a lot of setup or technical know-how needed.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Alex D.</span>
Alex D.

"Very useful and efficient"

What do you like best?

I like how Google Hangouts is widely accepted alternative to in person interviews. This software has saved me a lot of time professionally and it allows me to speak with family/friends socially. Multiple people can speak with each other during a "hangout" and I like how the software automatically detects the person speaking and changes the viewing window depending on who is speaking at that moment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the hangout picks up noise in the background and will change to that user because it thinks that user is speaking. The hangout can get glitchy at times and the effects lag at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a strong internet connection or else there will be a lot of lag in the conference call. Make sure the video quality on your webcam is up to date.

I have used this for professional interviews and for social use. I use this to speak with friends across the world and the quality is usually on par with other webcam/hangout software. I have realized that Google Hangouts is very convenient because there is an app that you can download on your phone and it has its' own section on google.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Nemanja J.</span>
Nemanja J.

"Replacment for Gtalk"

What do you like best?

As the title says google talk is replacement app for gtalk. Hangouts tries to integrate the best from gtalk, skype and whatsapp. You can chat, you can make video call, you can create chat rooms

What do you dislike?

I dislike almost everything. I hate the thing that i need google+ account for this. Seriously google + is epic fail, rearly anyone is using it. Application had a lot of potencial however finall product is very messy, very confusing. Screensharing is annoying, when i type video call is muting. Very bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoide it at all costs. Buggy, messy, requires google + account.

I am only using it to communicate with only one person, for some reason that person doesn't like better apps.

Google Hangouts review by <span>Zlatan D.</span>