Help the communities most affected by the California wildfires in only a few minutes. We'll donate $10 for every review you submit.

Google Hangouts

4.4
(321)

Host virtual meetings. Increase your team's productivity with meetings that hold up to 10 people and powerful tools like screen sharing and Google Docs.

Work for Google Hangouts?

Learning about Google Hangouts?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

Google Hangouts Reviews

Ask Google Hangouts a Question
Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • For Category
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
For Category
Industry
Showing 323 Google Hangouts reviews
LinkedIn Connections
Google Hangouts review by Cesar L.
Cesar L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Hangouts es que te permite estar comunicado en todo momento con tu equipo de trabajo sin pagar tarifas adicionales a compañías telefónicas, excepto la de internet. Porque es obvio decir que necesitarás estar conectado para poderla usar.

Además de videoconferencia, también ofrece posibilidad de comunicación mediante mensajes escritos y la opción añadir archivos para compartir.

Es una herramienta en constante revisión por el equipo de soporte de Google, así que tienes seguridad casi garantizada al 99%.

También permite compartir el escritorio para mostrar a tu interlocutor.

Además es gratuita.

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta es que para que vaya bien, necesita de un buen ancho de banda.

No hay posibilidad de momento de 4k en la resolución de las videoconferencias.

Si no tienes cuanta de correo de gmail o de Google for Work (G Suite), no podrás hacer uso de ella.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Herramienta muy conocida, todo el mundo tiene cuenta en Gmail, así que podrás comunicarte con quien quieras, de tu propia empresa, o ajena a ella, y realizar videoconferencias o chats con compartición de archivos de forma rápida y eficaz. Totalmente gratis.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

La utilizamos como medio de comunicación interno en la empresa, sobretodo la opción de chat escrito y compartición de archivos. Y como también hemos necesitado en ocasiones mostrar averías o situaciones desde un lugar a otro alejados físicamente, la opción de poder enseñarlo a nuestro compañero vía videoconferencia, ha sido de utilidad.

La opción de compartir escritorio, nos ha sido también de gran ayuda en numerosas ocasiones, al mostrar a algún cliente como debe realizar cierta opción en el escritorio de su sistema operativo.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts review by carlos eduardo b.
carlos eduardo b.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

" it allows me to be in touch always"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a platform where you can stay in touch with family friends, colleagues. It is very useful because in any place and time you can be in communication, it is totally reliable. Google Hangouts has it all, it fits all needs, it can be used in business, offices, schools, universities and also a large group of friends, offers to make, calls, video conferences, videos called (free), really useful, very easy to use, even a child could use it.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about google hangouts, I have rarely had any problems with this tool, such as making video or audio calls, when sometimes the connection is very slow or low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, accessible, simple you will really like it, with just one gmail account and that's it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The benefits I have received from Google Hangouts are many, I am satisfied with Google Hangouts because it allows me to have an instant communication with the people I want to communicate with.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
Google Hangouts review by Cesar C.
Cesar C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Messaging that allows you to keep in touch with your environment"

What do you like best?

It is one of the most versatile tools for express communication, including members of a google community, its instantaneous messages are the guarantee of a fluent conversation between people of a country and others or from any place or part of the world, of positive things. find the corrector of words, the emoticons, the possibility of keeping the historical record of the conversation, the creation of groups of conversacion and the possibility of doing mobile with your cell phone

What do you dislike?

Of the negative things is that it is a tool that in the phone messaging replaced by default to the conventional msm and that does not allow a duality of both messaging, on the other hand the sound of the notices are little heard preventing messages when one is in very noisy areas, the other thing that should be improved is the video call depends a lot on the internet band this sometimes generates that the experience is not the most satisfactory for the user of the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Valuing the tool with social function, using its attributes combined with the other google programs allows you to generate greater satisfaction in the answers expected from the program by users

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The expedited communication in real time also generates trust in your notifications because you know that it is in real time, it helps in addition to the meeting between people with common interests that for reasons of time or geographies can not be communicated except through this messaging

Google Hangouts review by JENNY DEL CARMEN E.
JENNY DEL CARMEN E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Crowd scores.

"Extraordinary tool for communication via Google instant messaging."

What do you like best?

It's a really effective tool that doesn't slow down your smartphone and it's also possible to use it via computers, which allows you to send voice messages, unlike Telegram, for example. Conversations are stored in the cloud and we can access them if we lose our mobile phone, or if we lose our mobile data, but I think the main advantage is that you may not need the other person's phone number, but you just need to have a Google Account, that is, you can contact whoever you want to have a Gmail account with.

What do you dislike?

From my perspective on its frequent use, I believe that the only negative aspect is that "It is not possible to know if the message has reached the recipient", or if it even came out from our cell phone. In this sense, I do believe that some improvements should be made to further optimize the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent communication tool, easy to use and Hangouts seems to be more secure than WhatsApp, as it has not yet detected any major attacks or problems and is more oriented towards a more professional and serious service.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Honestly, most meetings and business trips are unnecessary, not to mention that many of the meetings tend to be somewhat unproductive, and I, at least, avoid them as much as possible. All this could be perfectly solved with a videoconference via Hangout as it allows you to make them together to a maximum of 9 people and they can be public or exclusive, under invitation and provides the alternative of connecting different cameras to Hangout, being able to switch them so that this would allow you to see, for example, different areas of a room or different people. You can upload documents to share them among attendees and share your screen (fully or partially, i.e. specific windows). As available in G-Suite, the enterprise version of Google applications. You can use other channels at the same time to communicate.

Google Hangouts review by Nicole T.
Nicole T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

" I use Google Hangouts for a majority of my contact with my Law Firm"

What do you like best?

I love the accessibility of Google Hangouts because I am always in my Gmail work email I am constantly communicating with my staff mostly through Google hangouts because it is quicker than sending an email faster than sending a text it don't have to look at my phone I can continue to look at my computer and still be in contact with whoever it is I need to speak with at that moment Google Hangouts is very easy to navigate and quickly find people you would like to add to a conversation and I feel it's just more convenient than a text or an e-mail or any other form of communication while I'm working and I need to get something across clearly and quickly

What do you dislike?

I have to say the one thing I would dislike about Google Hangouts is the accessibility is very easy to create a Gmail account which gives you automatic access to a Google Hangout account as we all know there are number of scams out there related to all kinds of different events whether it's a fake online love scam also known as cat fishing or employment scams to get people to cash bad checks most of these people utilize Google Hangouts as a way to talk with the people they intend to scam I do not like that about Google Hangouts and I'm very weary every time I have any connection on Google Hangouts

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I definitely think one of the biggest business benefits is the quickness of being able to communicate with my Law Firm staff if I'm out somewhere and I need to reach my paralegal an office manager quickly I write to them on Google Hangouts both immediately see it and are able to rectify the situation I use it again before or text or anything else so it has helped with communication within my staff we definitely are able to stay in touch with no excuses and no problems which has helped increase business no doubt because our communication is great

Google Hangouts review by Oscar Antonio R.
Oscar Antonio R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"It is a messaging application and high-ranking video calls."

What do you like best?

This tool is very favorable to shorten distances between users who use the application for recreational, educational or business purposes, it allows us to reduce waiting periods since it is an application that acts in real time and helps us reduce costs in Stationery. This tool in the banking system in which I work, allows us to make video calls with a large number of participants which is good for conducting business conferences and training both locally and internationally. We can also use this tool in any part of the world, since it has an adaptable interface for mobiles, tablets and computers, this is great when it comes to being always connected with your friends or colleagues with just one call from This application. This messaging service is of high rank that is integrated into the google platform which is very robust in these times.

What do you dislike?

This application is very attractive in these times where communication is very important, however we must take into account the technological requirements necessary for good behavior, you need a good connection to the internet otherwise you can not access the tool, the conversations may be exposed at some point because they are stored in the cloud, in my case this is a problem because working in a bank where information is confidential, on the other hand, is an application that works properly and is very nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This messaging service I recommend it perfectly for all users whether for study, recreational or working in small, medium or large companies, it is a tool that can be easily adapted thanks to its pleasant platform. You will always keep in constant communication through the messaging service, calls or video calls and in real time you can verify and communicate with the people you want. It is a very useful, attractive, charming tool. I recommend it 100%.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This tool is very useful in all the sectors in which it is used, on a personal level you can be connected with all your friends, at the university level the professors can carry out professional training with several students at the same time, and at a business level they can hold conferences of business in any part of the world only the video call service that this has. It has many advantages one of it is that it is integrated to the google platform which is very friendly platform for all its users. In general, you can give solutions in all the aspects that you propose

Google Hangouts review by Maria Gabriela H.
Maria Gabriela H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Google Hangouts allows easy and simple communication linking with your Google data "

What do you like best?

It is an instant messaging application, which allows conversations between two or more users, these conversations are archived in the "cloud" with which it is possible to synchronize them between different devices, that is, the complete reading of the conversation is never lost, even if it changes the device several times. It is a functionality included in the Google platform. This tool is innovative given the rise of Internet technologies and the use of Digital Marketing, it is used to send and receive text messages, share photos and GPS location, make calls to other users of the service and to landlines or cell phones abroad , enjoy the YouTube videos in groups and make video transmissions that you can even record to post them later in some other website.

What do you dislike?

In Hangouts, it is not possible to locate your profile as invisible, it is only for Android devices and it is not possible to know if the message has been sent to the destination or if it comes from our cell phone, in comparison with the other more known services. It is necessary to have connection with Internet

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be said that Hangouts is one of the best options for everyone, that offers many services or options in the application that the other services do not offer, is the service that Google offers for instant messaging. It is the competition of Whatsapp, Telegram, Line, among the best known.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

With Hangouts you can make public talks and you can access them from a link, likewise you can make the emission of debates, concerts, tutorials. During the conversations you can share images as well as send "emojis"

Google Hangouts review by Ana S.
Ana S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hangouts to stay in touch by messages or video calls"

What do you like best?

This application allows me to send text messages, make video calls and be in contact with several friends or colleagues at the same time, I do it from my computer in the comfort of the house and I do not need your numbers, only I need to know your Gmail emails . My conversations are saved in the cloud so that you can stay safe and recover or access the information that all the comparator when required, this application is part of Google.

What do you dislike?

Hangouts currently presents among its disadvantages the fact that you can not send multimedia files, while other providers of these services if they allow it, also does not have a way that allows me to view, if the message I send reached its addressee also does not allow send voice memo messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this application you can make video calls, text messages to be in contact with family members, colleagues and conversations are saved in the cloud, since Google has incorporated this option allied to Google Drive which allows you to have them always available

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

.Hangouts gives greater security to the information that you share, not so other providers that have been suffered security attacks, for what I consider is a more professional and serious service to carry out my work communications, with all the security offered by google

Google Hangouts review by Gustavo M.
Gustavo M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hangout is all-in-one"

What do you like best?

I like it because it integrates all your google accounts into one app, I mean, by using your google account you can chat, make a conference, receive/make a call, share pictures, files, videos, and a lot of things with one application.

It is possible to use it in a web version, that works on your gmail web page, so it simplifies the use.

What do you dislike?

It should be more friendly, I mean it should have more features to customize the app. Sometimes in web version it is too slowly, so the creator should review the processes and improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yeah, it is a useful tool to communicate in an only google account.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

You can reach somebody by using your gmail account and it is not necessary to open another app or do something else to comunicate.

Google Hangouts review by Mario U.
Mario U.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Connecting Live with Gmail Contacts easily"

What do you like best?

The integration of Google Contacts as the resource for persons available to chat with. Easy to start a one to one VideoCall or VideoConference with good quality. It´s free and supported by a huge system to rely on. Sincronizes seamless with your mobile phone vía native App, so you can continue conversations whatever you are.

What do you dislike?

Does not has grow in general usage even knowing of the good quality; wish I have more active contacts as the same level of other messaging services. Sometimes app can be heavy in resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try well their features and invite your professional contacts to start using; is a great way to combine Email and Messaging in one app

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Talking quickly and fluid with contacts in a professional way. Initiate with no complex requirements a video conference.

Google Hangouts review by Jessie B.
Jessie B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Quick and easy, available for everyone!"

What do you like best?

I like that because so many people utilize gmail it's incredibly easy to access huge networks of collaborators. The chat service is so easily to use and using the chat actually helps me stay on top of my emails as well since I pay more attention as they arrive in my inbox. Overall, it's a huge productively jolt and it's excellent to have access to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it weren't disabled in certain enterprise network email systems since it can be extremely useful across any platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a short time and see if you like it! I bet you'll be converted rather quickly to enjoying it immensely. I would see if it impacts your productivity though because some people have a hard time staying focused when multitasking between chat and other tasks. However, don't be afraid to toggle the notifications so you don't lose any productivity by switching tasks!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's the best chat platform for arranging meetings since everyone's gcal's can be synced and everything is all available on one platform while you're chatting with your colleagues scheduling meetings and assigning projects.

Google Hangouts review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Available, but with a sea of mistakes"

What do you like best?

Apps for phones and extension for Chrome

Integration with mail

Calls

Stickers

an excellent platform for communication

possibility to make conference calls with video communication support

excellent communication quality

Integration with Google services (the presence of the 1st account makes it possible to use many applications)

What do you dislike?

It has already begun to pre-install on android (can not be deleted)

Errors after service updates

Image compression

A bunch of other minor flaws

complex interface

not so many users as in other messengers

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this service. I do not often meet online, but when I have it I use it. Everything is very intuitive and you do not have to understand what to set up. You can communicate with other people around the world and many things else there. For conferences or online meetings very well suited.

I recommend to everyone.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used this application to organize video conferences (online meetings) from 5 to 20 people. It was difficult =)

Google Hangouts review by Naomi C.
Naomi C.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"great way to chat with colleagues when email is not as efficient"

What do you like best?

What I like about it is that sometimes, email just doesn't feel as instantaneous as google hangouts so this is a great option. When someone is late to a meeting, it's easier to just send them a google hangout message on whether they are coming so it pops up on their mobile. When you send an email not everyone has a message pop up so this is a great alternative. When a company does not have google hangouts, it is especially annoying bc you end up with emails such as "can you stop by my office" in the subject line when you should not be cluttering up space if you just send them google hangout instead

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to search through google hangouts for historical messages. sometimes I remember some key words that was discussed but if it is something that is common at work, a person ends up getting a TON of hits back and makes it impossible to track down the back and forth conversation between colleagues

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool to have as an option for your employees to better decide how they would like to communicate everything they need to during the day. Of course, there will be a share of just "chi chatting" but having a friendlier environment at work is not necessarily a bad thing

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Just giving people an option on how to communicate that is most efficient for what they are trying to get cone

Google Hangouts review by Ellen G.
Ellen G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best Communication Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how fluid and easy Hangouts is to use! We can chat while in meetings - grabbing quick information and updates without the burden of an email. We can communicate with students - especially international students who might not have a functioning cell phone. Hangouts allows them to have a mobile communication network. We can video chat with incoming students - getting to know them and introduce them to the Google Suite before they get to campus. We can also message any of our colleagues - so easy!

What do you dislike?

I honestly, the one point of disappointment is the fact that you can't embed and send GIFs in the chat windows. I seems petty, but I love expressing my feelings with a short, looped, moving image. Hangouts is missing that opportunity!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We have discovered many ways to communicate with each other, with our students, and with incoming students!

Google Hangouts review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"If you usually do group classes with many attendees, the best option is Google Hangouts."

What do you like best?

There are tools that can be installed in the computer version that allow to extend the functionalities, for example, labeling the name of each of the participants in the conversation or having control over the audio and the camera of each one of them, which is very useful if we carry out group classes with enough students.

It allows live broadcasts through, for example, YouTube, which gives you the possibility to organize seminars or live classes with thousands of simultaneous viewings and without the need for all participants to join the conference.

It is a completely free system.

What do you dislike?

n order to participate in a video conference, it is essential to have a Google account. Although the technological giant is undoubtedly one of the world's benchmarks, in certain age segments and in a good number of countries it is not the reference email service.

When you share the screen, the student only sees your screen and stops seeing you, so the communication between both is more complicated and colder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a large number of tools of this type, but this is probably the easiest to apply for being directly connected to google, however, I recommend checking if any of the guests at the meeting live in a country with limitations to access an account Google

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It allowed us to obtain more participants in the conferences for free, allowing us to massify the content of the training courses.

Google Hangouts review by Anita O.
Anita O.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"My Hangouts experience has been beautiful."

What do you like best?

Simplicity is what best describes Google Hangouts.As a communication app. It provides me with exactly what I need to communicate on a daily basis ,either at work or in my personal life.It is freely priced and so I use it for free at work and for personal communication needs.

Google Hangouts is accessible on the three major operating systems : Android,Windows and iOS and as an owner of devices running either of these three OS ,I am glad to be able to access my Hangouts on every device,not minding the OS.

What do you dislike?

Inability to send documents via Google hangouts is my only displeasure with this wonderful freemium software program.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Google Hangouts addresses my communication needs at work.Since we adopted it as our in-house communication medium, communication flow amongst the workforce has been seamless and there has been less and less need to send an email for internal communication.

Google Hangouts review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great for Group Conversation."

What do you like best?

We use it at my office currently, and it makes it easy to keep track of what everyone is doing without going around the entire floor to find out. I like that it is accessible via desktop, laptop, phone, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if someone deletes a conversation, anything in the conversation is unable to be found. I had an issue with missing a task because of this before. Otherwise, it's a great way to communicate to a group, or the entire staff at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to print out your conversations if you are using google hangouts to communicate completion of tasks, etc. Otherwise, this is a great way to communicate with others efficiently and effectively.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The business problems Google Hangouts solves is time efficiency. It is easy to get ahold of anyone and get updates almost immediately, rather than having a group email, text chain, etc.

Google Hangouts review by Jesse O.
Jesse O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Google Hangouts Daily Use"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see when my colleagues were last online. I also really like how simple it is to use. There are no unnecessary extras that make it confusing. I also really like using the desktop app, so that I can have it open separately from my browser.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't send documents or screenshots, like you can with other messaging platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend it. I also know that hangouts chat is adding new features like emojis and sending documents.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Google hangouts is used to solve communication issues. It's easy to reach out to colleagues, and to search for people within my company.

Google Hangouts review by Jodie P.
Jodie P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Google Hangouts provides crisp sound quality and clear video streams"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts simplicity is its strong point. There aren't a ton of buttons to click. You can easily make a call just by clicking on one of your contacts. It's also great that information about your past conversations, like chats and call times, are stored in your contact's history section.

What do you dislike?

Google Hangouts usually works the way I expect it to work, so I can't say I dislike much about it. I think the hovering menu items during calls can be confusing at times, so if there's a way to change the layout style and functionality, that might be helpful for some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before an important call with someone that hasn't used Google Hangouts before, you should get acquainted with all the controls so you can quickly point them out to the person your talking to, if needed. Some people might get frustrated with the controls and not have the patience to figure them out.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm able to have productive calls and chats with Google Hangouts. I can use video calls to show references to people, which can help them to better understand what I'm talking about. I can also get a better idea of what others are talking about by seeing their faces and computer screens.

Google Hangouts review by Dale G.
Dale G.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Smooth and easy video and voice calls"

What do you like best?

I mainly like that Google Hangouts is very simple to use. You can access it right away after signing into your Google account. Getting a call started is just a couple clicks away. There aren't a ton of controls or graphics to get the users confused. Everything is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The screen control feature can be difficult for some people to use at times. Knowing how to access the screen control feature isn't as clear as the other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is worth a try if you have a Google account. There isn't an extensive signup process where you have to fill in a bunch of information. You can just go right in and check it out.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm able to get in touch with many business people and communicate through text, voice calls or video calls. Google Hangouts makes collaboration and online meetings a breeze and isn't expensive like some other leading services out there.

Google Hangouts review by Donald W.
Donald W.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"High quality video calls and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is very easy to use and can be accessed right away if you have a Google account. The user interface is very simple and straightforward with large buttons and text that tell you what to do. You can see when your contacts are online and start chatting or calling them instantly. The video quality is very nice and clear.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't disable my camera view during a video call. There are times when I want to see the other person's video or computer screen, but don't want to show them my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts has pretty smooth call quality, so I think it's reliable in a professional setting. I think you can count on it to work for video calls and screen sharing. I haven't had any major issues with it so far.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I've been able to use Google Hangouts to connect with people on very productive calls. I can call coworkers to talk about projects and use the screen sharing feature to better explain things from my desktop. I've also been able to use it to give tutorials or to have other give me tutorials about many things.

Google Hangouts review by Jose Manuel V.
Jose Manuel V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Reliable alternatives for better communication"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this application is its simplicity, it is like handling text messages from the computer, a chat with a user-friendly interface, and that is stored in smart phones.

What do you dislike?

It could have more tools, that allow to handle more elements during the communication, without being intervened or interrupted conversations or video conferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It only requires your gmail and ready, you have a quick and easy way to communicate with the rest of the world

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

If the other applications fail, this is a good option to keep communications open, allowing chats, video conferences or voice calls, not only by the PC, but by the phones, in addition to the mobility that this allows.

Google Hangouts review by G. Jonathan G.
G. Jonathan G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Excellent voice and video communication"

What do you like best?

Hangouts is by far the easiest communication program I have used, and can be used in a huge number of situations where other competitors cannot. I love that I can email someone a link, and they'll be able to join any conversation with ease. The integration with Google Voice allows me to make phone calls from my computer with ease, and allows our team to stay in contact no matter where we are.

What do you dislike?

Generally Hangouts is excellent, but I wish it was slightly easier to share files and photos during a call, and it would be nice to be able to integrate SMS from my phone, instead of having to go through a number of different apps for those services. Though the video quality is often superb, there are times when it drops randomly to the lowest settings for seemingly no reason at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is an excellent video and voice conferencing software. Be sure to keep on the lookout for newly added features, as Google is moving towards integrating more business class features in the near future.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Hangouts allows the entire team to stay in contact with one another easily, even individuals who struggled with more traditional competing programs. The integration of Google Drive recently has made collaboration easier, and the coming changes look to offer even more functionality.

Google Hangouts review by Annie O.
Annie O.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

It's an easy way to keep in touch with friends and family and the integration of the video messaging is wonderful. I really like how it has everything all incorporated, messaging, or audio, or video which ever is your way to comunicate they have the option ready and available for you.

What do you dislike?

I would like if there was a way to integrate contacts instead of having to send invites out to everyone. But other than that I really enjoy this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hangouts is a great way to stay connected, as I said before I use it personally and when used at work it is to keep in touch with those at a conference.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I rarely use it for business, although we do use it to keep in touch when some of us are on conferences and stuff like that. But I think that there are lots of other ways that the service can help others in different business

Google Hangouts review by Alyse F.
Alyse F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Use it Everyday!"

What do you like best?

I like that conversations are saved in my Gmail account. I love that I can now scroll back as far as I want in any G-chat thread (this used to not be the case). I like being able to set a custom status or be online but invisible. I like being able to show other people I'm "busy" and unavailable to talk. I like being able to call other peoples' phone numbers - and better yet, I like being able to call my own phone from my computer when my phone is lost :) I like being able to video-conference with more than one person.

What do you dislike?

I dislike whenever my chats are somehow undeliverable or I get the notification that they may not being showing up to the reader. It can be a bit of a crap-shoot. I wish there was a way to keep the video streaming on one person as opposed to whoever is using the microphone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest way to keep in touch while on your computer. Quicker than reaching for your phone to text. Best way to video-chat with more than one person at once.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm able to talk to G-chat users at any point in the day as long as they're signed in. I'm able to leave messages in text form as opposed to voicemail form. I believe G-Hangouts allows me to keep everyday tabs on the people in my life with ease.

Google Hangouts review by John  W.
John W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

" Recent upgrade has improved this product "

What do you like best?

The UX and UI have improved with the addition of/upgrade to Google Meet. It's now easier to invite people to 'hangout'due to Meeting ID.

What do you dislike?

There is still an issue for people outside of the organization who want to join a hangout. The Meeting ID has helped improve this, however, it can still be confusing. Also, the default setting for the camera is 'on'. It would be better to change this to off.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As a virtual team, we use Google Hangouts for meetings. It fits in very well with our G Suite tool which we have been using for 8+ years.

Google Hangouts review by Sally S.
Sally S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great in Office Communication!"

What do you like best?

We are a smaller company in Stafford Area. We have several of our employees off-site in different Cities/Areas so sometimes it is not very possible to get a hold of someone at the time you need. Now instead of calling someone each time you have a question, we are all linked on our Gmail Work Accounts which has Google Hangouts. This makes communication so easy when you don't want to create an entire email for a simple active/live question that needs a quick response.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the text, or message, can get ignored because it is not as aggressive as some other messengers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you have the correct email format attached to the account when sending a request to add another user.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can communicate much more efficiently without tieing up our land lines to do so.

Google Hangouts review by Michele O.
Michele O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great for educators and connecting for meetings!"

What do you like best?

I like he ease of connecting with others through hangouts. It takes just a short time to learn the platform or to teach others how it works.

What do you dislike?

At times I experienced some connectivity issues, it was most likely internet issues but frustrating none the less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wold recommend doing practice run throughs with Hangouts prior to actually needing it to make sure you are aware of the process and features.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am able to conduct meetings with others from afar. One of the most exciting things is to have a guest speaker to my classroom through Google Hangouts! Students were able to contact and talk with artists also through their Chromebook/Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by User in Information Technology and Services
User in Information Technology and Services
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best way to communicate in the office"

What do you like best?

It's easy, especially being on the phone with the customer and you need to ask questions or answer a question put forth. I can get my answer while still assisting my customers, as well as my colleagues helping theirs. They make it easy to just drag and drop images for better analyzing or just plain fun.

I originally wasn't much of a fan of Hangouts, many moons back. When I was told it was the main form of messaging, I was a little indifferent and not sure how well I'd adapt. Turns out I adapt well and love being able to use it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much to dislike, at the moment. I have only been (actively) using it for work for the last few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can keep an eye on who you've messaged, remove them from the list if you have no need to message them daily. It's good, especially if you're working in another room and the person you are asking a question is in another.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

General questions about customer issues. Showing screen shots of problems I can't figure the answer to.

Google Hangouts review by Vivian L.
Vivian L.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Easy to use and it is right there in your G-Mail account!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Hangouts is that you can connect with any user that uses the G-Mail platform. It shows when users appear to be online, offline, and how long ago that they have been active! You can mute notifications if you're working on something and you can create group chats with more than 10 people without it getting confusing!

What do you dislike?

The app can be glitchy sometimes and won't show my most recent chats. One thing that Google Hangouts could improve on is the ability to add more people into a video conference and not setting a maximum limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is definitely a great place to chat with your co-workers, family, and friends. It provides easy accessibility to people who may not have a chat system at their work. Also, Google Hangouts lets you appear offline if you need to concentrate on one thing at a time! Perfect for our generation :)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to chat with someone from your company if they don't have a chat feature within their intranet system. Sometimes it is much easier to directly chat with someone than wait on their e-mail.

Google Hangouts review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great way to communicate instantly with employees"

What do you like best?

I like that the communication arrives instantly once sent. This works great especially in a medical office setting.

What do you dislike?

If you do not log out and someone else and it is on a shared computer privacy can be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts does allow for quick communication with others that may not be able to respond quickly via phone or email. I do recommend this product. It is also a great product for personal use as well. I can use this app to communicate with my daughter that is not old enough yet for a phone with active service. This app can be downloaded and used with Wi-Fi.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This product helps with multi-tasking. We were able to recognize the benefit of our call center staff being able to respond to other requests instantly and now interfering with the call center phone lines.

Google Hangouts review by Maria Gabriela M.
Maria Gabriela M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Communicating with Google Hangouts."

What do you like best?

I highly recommend Google Hangouts because it is very useful, it allows us to communicate through text messages, calls and video calls with our google contacts, it also facilitates communication, because just open the mail we are active in Google Hangouts . It is also easy to use both on the computer, cell phone and table.

What do you dislike?

It can be improved that communication is more stable in video calls in lower capacity internet connections

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is easy to use and manage

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have been able to resolve work issues using Google Hangouts by communicating with work colleagues who are far away.

Google Hangouts review by Beth W.
Beth W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"WE LOVE HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

Love that you can video chat, using front facing or rear facing cameras, love that its super easy to download, love that almost everyone including iPhone users and android users can use it as an app. Love how convenient this is and how it pops right up onto email when you have it open. Love this!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I could say is make the android app a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recommend this to anyone who loves the simplicity of just clicking on an icon and chatting!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

tons! We can communicate easily without any problems where anyone is located whether it be on a computer or a phone or a tablet! We love this!

Google Hangouts review by Janene B.
Janene B.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Just like Texting"

What do you like best?

Reminds me of text messaging but we use it for work. Love being able to chat with multiple people at the same time. Enables me to multitask and get answers that I need quickly. A detailed email is not always necessary when you have a quick question or statement. This makes it really easy to respond and get a response.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, except for a couple of times I had hangout requests sitting in there that I did not know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend this product to everyone for both personal and business use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can't say enough good about Google Hangouts. Whoever came up with it was a genius. I can be working on 3 or 4 things at once and can send out a quick chat/questions to multiple people and can keep working while I wait for an answer. Its in "real time" so it saves having to get up and walk all over the place to find the person you need to ask a question or tell something to.

Google Hangouts review by Chastin J. M.
Chastin J. M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Google Hangouts runs my business"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of communication with Google Hangouts. I use Google Hangouts in and out of my business. Our business phone number is a Google voice number so therefore all communication for that number goes through google hangouts. I like that there is an app for the computer and the phone so you don't have to do everything from the phone. I like that multiple people can use it at the same time. It's really easy to use. There is also great video and audio conferencing capabilities. I prefer to use GH over Skype or any other platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the phone app for iPhone. It's not as integrated as the Android version. I would like it if the app allowed you to add contacts to your phone book from it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It is solving the communication problems. The benefits that I have realized is the ability for multiple users to interact within Google Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by Terrance D.
Terrance D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Review - Google Hangouts "

What do you like best?

For video conferencing and collaborative video solutions, Hangouts delivers a great experience with minimal fuss. In my previous roles in quality assurance and customer-facing CRM consulting, I found Hangouts to be superior to other web conferencing platforms (Skype, Lync, ooVoo). When paired with other Google apps, we're able to provide a comprehensive and holistic solution for collaborative work in and out of the office.

What do you dislike?

I experience occasional hiccups in transitioning between calls from mobile to desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to double check documentation and regularly do diagnostics with team admins to ensure that you can provide the best experience on video.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Attribution, collaborative development on CRM rollouts, enterprise video conferencing.

Google Hangouts review by Krishna Priyanka C.
Krishna Priyanka C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"I use this every day"

What do you like best?

- Ability to use the product without installing additional software as it is integrated with gmail.

- Almost everyone has a gmail account so no additional step of creating an account specifically for this.

- Excellent for personal use.

- Good for conference calls if the team is small (there is a limit of 15 users).

- Exceptional when interacting with remote people and one-to-one with remote people.

- Very good quality most of the time.

What do you dislike?

- There is a limit of 15 users. Makes it useless when holding company wide or department wide conferences.

- Video/audible troubles noticeable number of times.

- Echo problem. Noise cancellation is not that good.

- It best suits for personal use and is not designed as a business solution. No chat groups or ability to pin/index important conversation parts which I think are more valuable while using a team group chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent software if you have a small team or for one-to-one conversations and meetings. Also excellent for personal use. But I would not use it as a business solution and/or to hold large conference calls.

But on the whole I love this product as there are no better available alternatives not atleast I want to try as this is right there when I check my email and I need not even have to open another tab to use it when on desktop.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This is especially wonderful when holding standups and interacting with remote people. We use gmail as business email so using hangouts is easy and free available option for us with no additional software we have to install . We use it every day and is wonderful not for just conversations but also to debug issues in code. I wish remote desktop control is integrated within the software which will make it lot easier when debugging. I think we need to install an addon software to enable it. Never tried.

Google Hangouts review by Brittany P.
Brittany P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Organized Way to Meet with Your Team "

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts makes team meetings (especially if you have two offices) super simple and easy. The use of the product is great - and had no issues when using it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Hangouts will switch screens/users to highlight if they think they are talking. It'll pick up a background noise and will switch to their screen versus keeping it on the presenter. But there is a feature where you can click to present to everyone to prevent that in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like all Google service products are easy to use and the Holy Grail for all. With that teams and companies with two or more offices in different areas, should just utilize Google Hangouts versus a paid platform. It's easy to use, anyone can navigate it, and does it's job.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Google Hangouts is solving the business problem by creating effective communication with the team. This helps a lot of companies that have two or more offices in different areas and where they are unable to meet face to face. With that it's super beneficial as it creates a line of effective communication.

Google Hangouts review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Google Hangouts a Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to connect with coworkers around campus who may not be at their office phone/desk, so this is the only way to reach them. I also personally like the emoticons and different pictures you can send. You can turn your chat history on or off, depending on if you want to save or not save your conversations. You can download the Google Hangouts app for your mobile phone and pick up a conversation where you left off at a computer.

What do you dislike?

I think because I had an older version installed on my Gmail account, sometimes my chat screen will revert back to the old style. Sometimes the chat screen will freeze up completely and I will have to restart it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can turn your chat history on or off, depending on if you want to save or not save your conversations. You can download the Google Hangouts app for your mobile phone and pick up a conversation where you left off at a computer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to chat with coworkers when they may not have access to their office phone, or may be on their phone on another line but are able to answer my question through Google Hangouts.

Google Hangouts review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Such an easy program!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that I am able to do a video call, voice call, and screen share. I work remotely a lot and sometimes my boss wants to be able to see what it is that I am doing. Being able to do a screen share with him has made things extremely easy for me to do.

What do you dislike?

I find that it can be a bit buggy. When I do video calls the call will drop and I have full service and so does the other person. There must be an issue somewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy and free software to use, this is the one you are looking for.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to work from home and share with a client or my boss what I am doing is very helpful.

Google Hangouts review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Google Hangouts! No Hang-ups!"

What do you like best?

Google once again provides an amazing product for free. It is integrated into Google Calendar and so easy to use. Its design is even more intuitive than Skype or any other video conferencing software. Perhaps the most valuable feature is how it can connect so many different users at the same time. I have had 5 at once with no issues.

What do you dislike?

None in particular. The connectivity seems very reliable, but you are at the mercy of other people's connection strength. The design and interface seem intuitive, but I don't like how the video call opens a new window. This means you have to toggle back and forth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reboot your computer if you switch back and forth between Skype and Hangouts. I have found the audio will be muted unless I restart the computer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As an author, I use Google Hangouts in tandem with Google Docs to write books. It is more productive to see my co-writers face-to-face in real-time as we write together.

Google Hangouts review by Nick W.
Nick W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy Team Communication"

What do you like best?

We have teo offices and we work daily with them. Google hangouts makes it so easy to stay in touch without disrupting what your doing with a phone call.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there seems to be a lag or it doesn't refresh when someone replies depending on your internet sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a simple way to keep a team that is spread out connected, then Google hangouts is a great way to make your team feel like its all in the same room.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Bridging the gap between our marketing and customer service teams that are in two separate locations. It has allowed us to make quicker communication than email and less disruptive than a phone call.

Google Hangouts review by User in Marketing and Advertising
User in Marketing and Advertising
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Not loaded with features, but meets the minimum that I require"

What do you like best?

I very much enjoy that it syncs with my mobile and desktop, so that if I need to run to a meeting I can still receive notifications (and use the app) from my phone.

Having my Hangouts conversations indexed with my gmail makes me life much easier when I can't remember if I had a conversation with someone via email or chat, and I can just search in one place to find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I do struggle sometimes with syncing issues, where mobile or desktop will be behind the others. I haven't quite figured out why it happens, because sometimes I have both devices sitting in front of me and I haven't moved/switched from wireless to data/etc.

Sometimes my sound notifications just randomly cease to work for periods of time. Same thing, nothing has been moved or changed, but I suddenly no longer receive sound with my notifications (which as a busy person, I sometimes require to get my attention).

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I also like that I can view if someone is viewing from their mobile or desktop (if they have that setting turned on, of course) - it helps me monitor my staff and understand how they work. I've found that some people are just much more responsive from their phone because it's always on them, whereas others don't check it at all and have to be at their computers to be productive and responsive.

Google Hangouts review by sujeet k.
sujeet k.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best messenger for official purpose"

What do you like best?

Voice call video call and chat options, all conversation are stored in cloud we can refer them any time from inbox. Group chat

What do you dislike?

Can include more feature like in WhatsApp, chat encryption is missing.

Invitaion is needed to start a new conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the most easiest way to keep in touch while on your computer. Best way to video-chat with more than one person .

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Stay connected with your colleagues while working.It can be used on phone and on a system.

Better than phone call.

Google Hangouts review by Fernando E.
Fernando E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good integration between SMS and voice calls."

What do you like best?

I like the handling of my SMS in conjunction with voice calls, which allows me to communicate with clients and suppliers that are not available to communicate by other applications with a larger number of users.

What do you dislike?

It has few active users. As a calling application it is little known by most people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give you a chance to use this application as an aid when communicating with other people.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Through this application I have been able to communicate with users that they don't have other chat applications installed on the phone, since Hangouts is pre-installed on most Android systems.

Google Hangouts review by Chyrette C.
Chyrette C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hangout made effective"

What do you like best?

I like being able to instant message and send document link or share them in hangout or via google drive. Hangout also helps is letting me be aware if someone in the office is present or away and if i need a question answered I can just message them instead.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the plain view of it , the color could be more appealing like alarming so you can constantly look at it in case something pops up when it is not in plain view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for collaborations and safe for work environment once secured.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to have video meetings that are one on one in case a user works in another location or field office.

Google Hangouts review by Consuelo L.
Consuelo L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Regular video calls, calls and messages"

What do you like best?

You only need your google account to use this application.

You can talk with 100 people in the same conversation.

There are masks and emojis to ñlay with, when ypu are making the video call.

What do you dislike?

The maximun number of person for making a video call at the same time is 10.

This application has improved a lot, but the quality of the sound and the video can be improved.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Meeting with people.

You can see anyone that is far away, online and for free

Google Hangouts review by Sid J.
Sid J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Good for calling within North America"

What do you like best?

The best part is that calling to US and Canada is free. When I used it to call US from Canada, the call quality was decent since the recipient was able to hear me clearly.

What do you dislike?

The voice quality is bad whenever I call within Canada so I have stopped using it for nation-wide calls unless I run out of all my cell phone minutes. I also dislike how the number is blocked when you call, which discourages recipients from answering the phone and makes it impossible for them to call back. On the other hand, Textplus/Nextplus gives lets us pick a phone number which we can use as our own to make and receive calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out other apps like Nextplus where you can get a number and get free credit by performing some actions like app downloads to call a wide range of countries - not just US and Canada. If you only want to call within US & Canada, then Google Hangouts could be your go-to for free unlimited calling.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am solving the problem of having no US-calling minutes in my cell phone plan. I have been able to benefit by using this app when there is no other way to call for free.

Google Hangouts review by KUMAR UJJWAL S.
KUMAR UJJWAL S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Hangout really makes every distance between friends,colleagues and lovers to be short."

What do you like best?

Well the best part about Google Hangout is that it feels to be the most secured video chatting platform I've been using for a while. I'm really concerned about my chats and video calls but I feel really assured when I'm using Hangout since everything goes through under Google's server. The quality of the calls and the easy of access makes it really simple to use and it just works super nicely with the connection quality.

What do you dislike?

The one and only thing which I really feel that Hangout should be improved is the stability of the program. Although we get such nice features and everything from Hangout so this problem can be ignored but it really is a bit irritating when you're on a hangout call with your loved one and suddenly the audio video crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just say that if this Google Hangout gets to be more stable then this can be the best audio/video calling software put to use. And others can really try it as Hangouts are secured and much easy to use

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Well it really is having a very nice conferencing platform and it makes it easier for those meetings which termed as business problems but in a very friendly way.

Google Hangouts review by Ara D.
Ara D.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Hangouts is my favorite Google app."

What do you like best?

I like that Google Hangouts is available on most Android devices be default.Thus ,since 2016 I have changed my smartphone every year and upon getting a new smartphone,I always find the Hangouts app. Preinstalled on them.

I like that I use Hangouts for free.It is intuitive and using Hangouts ,it is very easy for me to send and receive instant messages,send audio messages ,make audio calls ,video calls and of course get involved in multi people video conferences.

What do you dislike?

I like everything Google Hangouts offers me as a user.Coupled with the fact it is free,I do not think I can ask for more.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Google Hangouts is used for internal communication within my organization.

Kate from G2 Crowd

Learning about Google Hangouts?

I can help.
* We monitor all Google Hangouts reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.