Do you work for Google Hangouts?

Google Hangouts Reviews & Product Details

Google Hangouts review by Ellen G.
Director of Work Learning and Programs
Higher Education

"Best Communication Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how fluid and easy Hangouts is to use! We can chat while in meetings - grabbing quick information and updates without the burden of an email. We can communicate with students - especially international students who might not have a functioning cell phone. Hangouts allows them to have a mobile communication network. We can video chat with incoming students - getting to know them and introduce them to the Google Suite before they get to campus. We can also message any of our colleagues - so easy!

What do you dislike?

I honestly, the one point of disappointment is the fact that you can't embed and send GIFs in the chat windows. I seems petty, but I love expressing my feelings with a short, looped, moving image. Hangouts is missing that opportunity!

We have discovered many ways to communicate with each other, with our students, and with incoming students!

What is Google Hangouts?

Video meetings for your business. Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can meet face to face without the added cost of travel.

Google Hangouts Screenshots

Google Hangouts Profile Details

Google Hangouts Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Hangouts Reviews

1-50 of 421 total Google Hangouts reviews

Google Hangouts Reviews

1-50 of 421 total Google Hangouts reviews
Google Hangouts review by Girish K.
Account Executive

"Google Hangout - The new way to do meetings"

What do you like best?

The best part of Google Hangout is that since its a google product, you have all your contacts, calendar and even mails synced at one place. So if you are using Gmail and scheduling your meeting via google calendar and connecting at hangout and sharing your presentation via Google Docs that means its all at one place. That makes your meeting and connect more productive and effective.

What do you dislike?

The few connectivity issue which arise at times that can cause hindrance during the conversations and probably thats because of the bandwitdth issue which you have at that specific location but i have also faced similar issues when large number of audience is attending the same meeting. Not sure if this case is only with me or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best product for Video conferencing and meeting if you are using rest of the google suite products as well, since that makes collaboration very easy

If you are using google products for your businuess needs across then, google hangout is the product to go for since it directly syncs with your contacts, calendar, docs and most importantly email.

Google Hangouts review by Gabriela G.
Asistente Administrativo

"Hangouts instantly!"

What do you like best?

Versatile communication system through messages, chats and video calls.

I can have my account on multiple devices and use Hangouts with no problem wherever I am.

I can maintain different discussion groups.

I can resume previous discussions since I always see the communication history. Which I think is very advantageous if we compare it with other similar products.

Hangouts has an intuitive interface that facilitates its use.

It is a free Google service that we have all Google users.

What do you dislike?

I can not find the way to send multimedia files.

Difficult to determine when a message has been delivered to its recipient.

It is only available for iOS and Android.

This messaging service is very good in general I recommend it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend new users to keep Hangouts on all their devices so they can keep instant messaging active. With all the facilities and efficiency that this Google product offers.

To use this product what we need is to have Internet with a good connection.

We must take into account that our conversations are stored in the cloud in our Google account, which puts us ahead of other similar products.

With Hangouts I discovered a new form of instant communication, which has been very easy to use and is always available on my devices where I have my Google account synchronized. So what this product solves me is that it speeds up my communications with the people with whom I need to maintain communication.

Google Hangouts review by Ashly E.
Co-Founder

"Its a great tool for offshore team management"

What do you like best?

The best part is that it is easy to customize and setup, we had done the same in no time. hangouts is a great tool to chat with our employees on different parts of the world without any delay and share screen in an easy manner. With hangouts we can now manage them effectively, run our meetings, scrum calls etc without any hassle. The ability to share files, screen at the same time while talking is one of the best feature we see on hangout.

What do you dislike?

The one issue is with pricing, as it is a bit high and cannot be afforded for small companies. Also it could be nice if we could cache the files send so that bandwidth can be saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all types of companies. All functionalities are included which is needed.

We are finding it difficult to manage the teams who are on various of the world and we tried hangouts and now almost all of our issues are solved ! it saved us by effectively connecting us all though online all time !

Google Hangouts review by Zach B.
Producer

"A smooth platform for video calls and text chats"

What do you like best?

Connecting to Google Hangouts is an easy process that can be done quickly. I can add my contacts to my account for easier access and to see if they're online. The audio and video quality are usually very crisp and clear. It's convenient for Google users to sign up since it's already part of the Google account. I like being able to share and control remote screens and send links and other text information during our calls.

What do you dislike?

The remote screen access feature was a bit difficult to activate. Even after I used it the first time, I wasn't able to get to it right away the next few times. Though it's been sufficient for most of my uses thus, there are times when I try to click or dray something on the remote screen and it doesn't register on the remote end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd give Google Hangouts a try to at least compare it to the call quality of other solutions you might be considering. Google Hangouts has most features other more expensive solutions have, so I'd suggest trying it out first to see if it meets your needs.

Google Hangouts has been an easy and cost-effective way for me to host or join online meetings with many communication features. Being able to show and view resources visually online allows for more thorough collaborations. It's an easy way for me to know if people are online and allows me to connect with them quickly. To make sure they're actually free, I can just text them before calling.

Google Hangouts review by Nancy C.
Ingeniera

"good tool"

What do you like best?

Make video calls of up to 10 people at the same time.

It is possible to use Hangouts on computers, in addition to cell phones.

It is possible to share your current location.

It has a series of emoticons and GIF animations to share with your friends.

It is possible to send voice messages.

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to place your profile as Invisible, compared to Google Talk.

It is only for Android devices and also with iOS. For example, WhatsApp is in many operating systems. The fact that the Hangouts system is based on a closed system, can play against, due to the low ease of expansion.

You can not send multimedia files at the moment, and this plays very against you, because Telegram, to give an example, allows you to send files of up to 1GB.

It is not possible to know if the message was received by the recipient, or if it even came from our cell phone, in comparison with the other more well-known services.

most meetings and trips of professional life are unnecessary, could be resolved perfectly with a medium such as a videoconference via Hangout. All this without mentioning that many of the meetings tend to be somewhat unproductive, I, at least, avoided them as much as possible.

The problem of this is purely cultural, many clients will not feel comfortable because they simply have not tried it yet, but others, although few, will be open to this possibility, they will even appreciate it once they see its advantages.

Plan it not only with clients but also with suppliers and collaborators, even if you only manage to create this habit with a few, any improvement in productivity is good.

Google Hangouts review by Elizabeth (Lynn) H.
Independent Contract Writer
Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent product, simple and easy to use; great to message others on "

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use. It's like, point, click, share. What's not to like about it? I think it's very easy to teach others on. Within seconds, you can have this product, and you can be messaging people on it. You can add and contact and connect with others. What's not to like? There's a million ways you can use this for chatting to make your chatting easier. It's extremely affordable for an instant messaging program.

What do you dislike?

You can't edit messages, I really wish you could edit, reword or delete messages. It's got a slightly different feel on mobile, too, but it's pretty easy to get used too and it has all of the same features, at least.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to setup! With a few simple clicks, you'll be well on your way to setting this up. I really like it and would highly recommend it to anyone.

It's easy to connect with business professionals on here. With a simple point and click and some buttons you're easily able to share your content. It's available 24/7 and I've never had a single issue contacting anyone. It's a great product, it's really easy to use and setup, and it's very helpful for our mobility. I think it's a great product and it's a wonderful thing. I appreciate how much hard work and dedication has gone into this product; it's a 10/10 user-friendly interface, and I would happily buy it again. Thanks, Google. I appreciate it! :D It's really amazingly awesome for something so simple.

Google Hangouts review by Magdaline g.
PDTP Cohort III

"Google Hangout, best messaging app for official businesses "

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a product by Google which is a crucial communication tool for texting, Video Calling and voice chats. The platform can be used as a one-on-one tool or in group chats which makes it very convenient. All you need is to have a gmail account and it is automatically integrated into Google+. In addition to this, it is versatile as google has developed it for Android and iOS. Because of this feature, it is mobile and one can also use away from the office setting.

A good tool for file sharing, though the size is limited.

They have a search tool and one gets notifications making it hard to miss any new message.

It is indeed a very useful communication tool.

What do you dislike?

Most people prefer other messaging tools and not many people are aware about google Hangout.

One must be online to use this app and therefore if someone is offline they cannot see the text in good time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try this platform for official communication for corporate and personal uses.

It has the video and audio conferencing tool which is easy to use and high quality.

It is a secure platform for corporate environment unlike other social networks, therefore one can comfortably share confidential information.

It has several features: Video Chats and texting.

the quality of video chat is also great.

One can also share files and easily get notifications if one is online.

Google Hangouts review by Luke W.
Owner
Music
(10,001+ employees)

"Fun Platform but Not as Relevant as it Used to Be"

What do you like best?

I think this is best for those addicted to Google and all it does especially those who only use ChromeBooks, Nexus/Pixel smartphones, and want everything in their life without any other software meddling with their precious Google. For you guys, Hangouts is fantastic! It's an ideal streamlined communications portal for replacing all the junk Facebook Messenger does (awful app) and easy fix to a bad default text app on your phone. It syncs across all devices which is fantastic. Offers easy document and file sharing, and makes itself a very smart case for drawing in the whole Google suit from any where thru WIFI and LTE.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of Hangouts compared to Textra as a messaging app. Hangouts feels awkward and weird on my Moto Z Play. It's like it wasn't designed for anything except pure Google devices. I tried Hangouts for a few months but switched back to my default app (before discovering Textra) - I'm not a fan of the overall design/layout and feel it's gotten left behind my more hardcore developed apps like Textra and even iMessage does a better job syncing across devices as far as a ONE BRAND FOR EVERYTHING mentality goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal if your whole life revolves around your Google devices and software.

Not many solutions solved by Hangouts anymore. Worked well until I found Textra.

Google Hangouts review by Zenab B.
Client Support Representative
Telecommunications

"Google Hangouts - All In One App "

What do you like best?

- I use google hangouts to connect with my old colleagues and chat with old friends.

- You can even chat or call while using mailbox, that means you can work simultaneously. It is combination of email and messaging app.

- The best thing about hangouts is it don’t only add and search people within your groups or contact list.

- Audio and video quality of calls are also good.

- There are some stickers also available to kill the boredom and quick conversation.

- It’s very easy to understand and use no complex features included. It will be very handy from the first day onward.

- Free version is also available.

What do you dislike?

- It is not possible to permanently remove someone from google hangouts. You must block that person that is only an option.

- Sometime desktop notification appears late, like after a few seconds of another person stop typing

- It works well in windows and android no idea about IOS.

- It can be improved with more features & Updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Recommendable for small, medium as well as large scale organisation.

- I love this application. I use this everyday for at least 8 to 9 hours.

-For me hangouts are like coffee, needed and essential.

Whenever you need to know something important and quick and you can wait fro mails reply, under this situations you can completely relay on google hangouts to have quick answers through quick conversations.

Google Hangouts review by Christina Y.
Recruiter

"Great tool for meetings!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a communication platform like Skype, but it is within Google. Our company uses Google for everything, mail, docs, forms, etc. and it is just a lot more convenient to have it all products on the same interface. The share screen option is pretty awesome too because you can give training sessions and give your audience a chance to take control of the mouse.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a recording feature on it the most, but being able to use it like Skype would be awesome. To have a telephone feature would be even more appealing to users and possible other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it if you are already using Google for email and other applications within Gsuite. If not, I would suggest Skype.

We use it to communicate within department and company-wide meetings.

Google Hangouts review by Cesar L.
Soporte Técnico de Sistemas Microinformáticos y Redes

"HANGOUTS"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Hangouts es que te permite estar comunicado en todo momento con tu equipo de trabajo sin pagar tarifas adicionales a compañías telefónicas, excepto la de internet. Porque es obvio decir que necesitarás estar conectado para poderla usar.

Además de videoconferencia, también ofrece posibilidad de comunicación mediante mensajes escritos y la opción añadir archivos para compartir.

Es una herramienta en constante revisión por el equipo de soporte de Google, así que tienes seguridad casi garantizada al 99%.

También permite compartir el escritorio para mostrar a tu interlocutor.

Además es gratuita.

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta es que para que vaya bien, necesita de un buen ancho de banda.

No hay posibilidad de momento de 4k en la resolución de las videoconferencias.

Si no tienes cuanta de correo de gmail o de Google for Work (G Suite), no podrás hacer uso de ella.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Herramienta muy conocida, todo el mundo tiene cuenta en Gmail, así que podrás comunicarte con quien quieras, de tu propia empresa, o ajena a ella, y realizar videoconferencias o chats con compartición de archivos de forma rápida y eficaz. Totalmente gratis.

La utilizamos como medio de comunicación interno en la empresa, sobretodo la opción de chat escrito y compartición de archivos. Y como también hemos necesitado en ocasiones mostrar averías o situaciones desde un lugar a otro alejados físicamente, la opción de poder enseñarlo a nuestro compañero vía videoconferencia, ha sido de utilidad.

La opción de compartir escritorio, nos ha sido también de gran ayuda en numerosas ocasiones, al mostrar a algún cliente como debe realizar cierta opción en el escritorio de su sistema operativo.

Google Hangouts review by Trenton C.
Online Marketing Manager

"Cheap communication tool. Great for IM, okay for calls."

What do you like best?

Google hangouts is a great communication tool. I've used it for everything instant messaging colleagues to calling back home from outside the country.

What do you dislike?

Audio/video calls can drop instantly and inexplicably because of wifi/data. This can be frustrating and can happen seemingly out of the blue. Call quality often leaves something to be desired, and there is generally a lag in communicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free communication software for group colleague chat. However too finicky to rely solely on for audio/video calls.

Hangouts is an easy way for colleagues, friends or family to stay in touch. It's easy for small teams to create group chats and have quick discussions. I find that if I'm dialling a North American number that may be outside the country I often just use Hangouts, and have probably often made local calls using the app.

Google Hangouts review by carlos eduardo b.
Propietario de la empresa
(Myself Only)

" it allows me to be in touch always"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is a platform where you can stay in touch with family friends, colleagues. It is very useful because in any place and time you can be in communication, it is totally reliable. Google Hangouts has it all, it fits all needs, it can be used in business, offices, schools, universities and also a large group of friends, offers to make, calls, video conferences, videos called (free), really useful, very easy to use, even a child could use it.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about google hangouts, I have rarely had any problems with this tool, such as making video or audio calls, when sometimes the connection is very slow or low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, accessible, simple you will really like it, with just one gmail account and that's it.

The benefits I have received from Google Hangouts are many, I am satisfied with Google Hangouts because it allows me to have an instant communication with the people I want to communicate with.

Google Hangouts review by Cesar C.
Docente asociado

"Messaging that allows you to keep in touch with your environment"

What do you like best?

It is one of the most versatile tools for express communication, including members of a google community, its instantaneous messages are the guarantee of a fluent conversation between people of a country and others or from any place or part of the world, of positive things. find the corrector of words, the emoticons, the possibility of keeping the historical record of the conversation, the creation of groups of conversacion and the possibility of doing mobile with your cell phone

What do you dislike?

Of the negative things is that it is a tool that in the phone messaging replaced by default to the conventional msm and that does not allow a duality of both messaging, on the other hand the sound of the notices are little heard preventing messages when one is in very noisy areas, the other thing that should be improved is the video call depends a lot on the internet band this sometimes generates that the experience is not the most satisfactory for the user of the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Valuing the tool with social function, using its attributes combined with the other google programs allows you to generate greater satisfaction in the answers expected from the program by users

The expedited communication in real time also generates trust in your notifications because you know that it is in real time, it helps in addition to the meeting between people with common interests that for reasons of time or geographies can not be communicated except through this messaging

Google Hangouts review by JENNY DEL CARMEN E.
Free Lance
(10,001+ employees)

"Extraordinary tool for communication via Google instant messaging."

What do you like best?

It's a really effective tool that doesn't slow down your smartphone and it's also possible to use it via computers, which allows you to send voice messages, unlike Telegram, for example. Conversations are stored in the cloud and we can access them if we lose our mobile phone, or if we lose our mobile data, but I think the main advantage is that you may not need the other person's phone number, but you just need to have a Google Account, that is, you can contact whoever you want to have a Gmail account with.

What do you dislike?

From my perspective on its frequent use, I believe that the only negative aspect is that "It is not possible to know if the message has reached the recipient", or if it even came out from our cell phone. In this sense, I do believe that some improvements should be made to further optimize the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent communication tool, easy to use and Hangouts seems to be more secure than WhatsApp, as it has not yet detected any major attacks or problems and is more oriented towards a more professional and serious service.

Honestly, most meetings and business trips are unnecessary, not to mention that many of the meetings tend to be somewhat unproductive, and I, at least, avoid them as much as possible. All this could be perfectly solved with a videoconference via Hangout as it allows you to make them together to a maximum of 9 people and they can be public or exclusive, under invitation and provides the alternative of connecting different cameras to Hangout, being able to switch them so that this would allow you to see, for example, different areas of a room or different people. You can upload documents to share them among attendees and share your screen (fully or partially, i.e. specific windows). As available in G-Suite, the enterprise version of Google applications. You can use other channels at the same time to communicate.

Google Hangouts review by Moises O.
Designer Freelance
(Myself Only)

"Hangouts a powerful communication set"

What do you like best?

Well thought out this tool to add value in the use of google since it is directly connected to my gmsail, I can be communicating effectively with my clients while I work. Also I can easily access my old conversations since they can be archived. I can make video calls among others.

What do you dislike?

It is not seen that there is continuous improvement by google in the tool and it is something that can be taken advantage of to the maximum because we are many gmail users.

A good service for my daily communication in personal and work, if my phone service fails I have the option of the wifi that finds and makes available my hangouts many times has got me out of trouble. Google to consider this tool more.

Google Hangouts review by Nicole T.

" I use Google Hangouts for a majority of my contact with my Law Firm"

What do you like best?

I love the accessibility of Google Hangouts because I am always in my Gmail work email I am constantly communicating with my staff mostly through Google hangouts because it is quicker than sending an email faster than sending a text it don't have to look at my phone I can continue to look at my computer and still be in contact with whoever it is I need to speak with at that moment Google Hangouts is very easy to navigate and quickly find people you would like to add to a conversation and I feel it's just more convenient than a text or an e-mail or any other form of communication while I'm working and I need to get something across clearly and quickly

What do you dislike?

I have to say the one thing I would dislike about Google Hangouts is the accessibility is very easy to create a Gmail account which gives you automatic access to a Google Hangout account as we all know there are number of scams out there related to all kinds of different events whether it's a fake online love scam also known as cat fishing or employment scams to get people to cash bad checks most of these people utilize Google Hangouts as a way to talk with the people they intend to scam I do not like that about Google Hangouts and I'm very weary every time I have any connection on Google Hangouts

I definitely think one of the biggest business benefits is the quickness of being able to communicate with my Law Firm staff if I'm out somewhere and I need to reach my paralegal an office manager quickly I write to them on Google Hangouts both immediately see it and are able to rectify the situation I use it again before or text or anything else so it has helped with communication within my staff we definitely are able to stay in touch with no excuses and no problems which has helped increase business no doubt because our communication is great

Google Hangouts review by Oscar Antonio R.
Especialista de Informes Oficiales – Vicepresidencia de Contraloría

"It is a messaging application and high-ranking video calls."

What do you like best?

This tool is very favorable to shorten distances between users who use the application for recreational, educational or business purposes, it allows us to reduce waiting periods since it is an application that acts in real time and helps us reduce costs in Stationery. This tool in the banking system in which I work, allows us to make video calls with a large number of participants which is good for conducting business conferences and training both locally and internationally. We can also use this tool in any part of the world, since it has an adaptable interface for mobiles, tablets and computers, this is great when it comes to being always connected with your friends or colleagues with just one call from This application. This messaging service is of high rank that is integrated into the google platform which is very robust in these times.

What do you dislike?

This application is very attractive in these times where communication is very important, however we must take into account the technological requirements necessary for good behavior, you need a good connection to the internet otherwise you can not access the tool, the conversations may be exposed at some point because they are stored in the cloud, in my case this is a problem because working in a bank where information is confidential, on the other hand, is an application that works properly and is very nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This messaging service I recommend it perfectly for all users whether for study, recreational or working in small, medium or large companies, it is a tool that can be easily adapted thanks to its pleasant platform. You will always keep in constant communication through the messaging service, calls or video calls and in real time you can verify and communicate with the people you want. It is a very useful, attractive, charming tool. I recommend it 100%.

This tool is very useful in all the sectors in which it is used, on a personal level you can be connected with all your friends, at the university level the professors can carry out professional training with several students at the same time, and at a business level they can hold conferences of business in any part of the world only the video call service that this has. It has many advantages one of it is that it is integrated to the google platform which is very friendly platform for all its users. In general, you can give solutions in all the aspects that you propose

Google Hangouts review by Maria Gabriela H.
Analista
Consumer Goods

"Google Hangouts allows easy and simple communication linking with your Google data "

What do you like best?

It is an instant messaging application, which allows conversations between two or more users, these conversations are archived in the "cloud" with which it is possible to synchronize them between different devices, that is, the complete reading of the conversation is never lost, even if it changes the device several times. It is a functionality included in the Google platform. This tool is innovative given the rise of Internet technologies and the use of Digital Marketing, it is used to send and receive text messages, share photos and GPS location, make calls to other users of the service and to landlines or cell phones abroad , enjoy the YouTube videos in groups and make video transmissions that you can even record to post them later in some other website.

What do you dislike?

In Hangouts, it is not possible to locate your profile as invisible, it is only for Android devices and it is not possible to know if the message has been sent to the destination or if it comes from our cell phone, in comparison with the other more known services. It is necessary to have connection with Internet

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be said that Hangouts is one of the best options for everyone, that offers many services or options in the application that the other services do not offer, is the service that Google offers for instant messaging. It is the competition of Whatsapp, Telegram, Line, among the best known.

With Hangouts you can make public talks and you can access them from a link, likewise you can make the emission of debates, concerts, tutorials. During the conversations you can share images as well as send "emojis"

Google Hangouts review by Ana S.
DOCENTE
(10,001+ employees)

"Hangouts to stay in touch by messages or video calls"

What do you like best?

This application allows me to send text messages, make video calls and be in contact with several friends or colleagues at the same time, I do it from my computer in the comfort of the house and I do not need your numbers, only I need to know your Gmail emails . My conversations are saved in the cloud so that you can stay safe and recover or access the information that all the comparator when required, this application is part of Google.

What do you dislike?

Hangouts currently presents among its disadvantages the fact that you can not send multimedia files, while other providers of these services if they allow it, also does not have a way that allows me to view, if the message I send reached its addressee also does not allow send voice memo messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this application you can make video calls, text messages to be in contact with family members, colleagues and conversations are saved in the cloud, since Google has incorporated this option allied to Google Drive which allows you to have them always available

.Hangouts gives greater security to the information that you share, not so other providers that have been suffered security attacks, for what I consider is a more professional and serious service to carry out my work communications, with all the security offered by google

Google Hangouts review by Brandi D.
Process Manager

"Meh"

What do you like best?

Honestly, the ONLY thing I like about Hangouts is the ability to send screenshots and gifs.

What do you dislike?

I strongly dislike the inability to see if someone is Available, Away, Busy (in a meeting), etc. Having come from Skype, our entire company got used to that capability and is STILL struggling to adjust. Even though we've been utilizing Zoom for quite some time, a lot of people are still using Skype to see the availability of a person prior to messaging them on Hangouts.

I don't know that we solved anything more with Hangouts than we had with Skype for Business. We're able to quickly communicate with anyone within the company and that's been a huge advantage for our business.

Google Hangouts review by Rishi K.
Team Lead
Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Recruitment Lead"

What do you like best?

Hangout is amazing. You can use it for video, audio, and also for chat with your personal and professional use. It has high-quality videos with 25 participants more than made up for that. you can search your chat history straight from the search bar in Gmail and also you can off your chat history in setting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is creating problem when internet speed is low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend everyone to use google hangout because it is not hard to access anywhere either your cell phone or pc. It will give you crystal sound and video clarity.

I am using hangout for video call interview. No one can cheat you at the time of interview with Hangout.

Google Hangouts review by Kara B.
Risk Assurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Google Hangouts - Great Internal Communication"

What do you like best?

Google hangouts is fast, easy to use, user friendly way to communicate. Today most people prefer to communicate in a chat/text message format and google hangouts makes it easy to do that at work. The desktop application is so easy. I also use the mobile application for messaging on the go. I like how you can see when someone has read a message and also create group chats.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to send screenshots quickly over chat. We had previously used SameTime and it was very easy to take a screenshot and send it over via chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is a great tool if you are using Google Suite products and if youre at a large/small company where you need to quickly communicate with one another.

Most people prefer to communicate quickly in a chat format and keep things informal rather than writing an email. This has allowed teams to communicate more efficiently.

Google Hangouts review by Rachel  M.
Teacher

"Online meeting made easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to work remotely in a relatively simple manner is a time saver and makes discussions and meetings that much more convenient. I have a really busy schedule and I'm a Mom, Teacher and student. I don't always have the ability to conference face to face. Google hangouts makes it easy.

What do you dislike?

Needing to send invites to everyone is a bit confusing. I think it would be easier for one user to generate a link that can then be shared out by that coordinator. Sometimes we would have co-workers texting each other to get invited into the room. A link would be much more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google hangouts makes meeting much easier. Once you understand how to set up the calls it is very simple and works really well. The ability to switch views and share screens is really great when displaying work, presentations and data.

The ability to collaborate can be very dependent on time, space and travel. Google Hangouts means that the whole team can meet wherever they are and not have to spend time and money traveling in order to have the important face to face discussions that improve our work.

Google Hangouts review by Karl M.
Account Supervisor

"A simple live communication platform that's easy to connect to and use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find and connect to people. The user interface is neat with clear buttons and menus. We can communicate in various ways, which is great for collaborating with remote colleagues. We can see things visually through video and send resources like images and documents in the text chat. We can see when users are online or leave messages for them to answer later. The low cost is another strong point. It's also great that Google has a large user base that are already equipped to use Google Hangouts.

What do you dislike?

Most of the times it's great, but once in a while, the audio can lag and the video quality can be choppy. The feature that can lag the most for me is the screen share mode. It can be frustrating to control a screen and click somewhere without it actually activating a click. It can work well sometimes, but slow performance rate has been about fifty percent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you considering several online communications platforms, you should definitely start with Google Hangouts since it's one of the easiest to access. You won't need to install any bulky software on your computer or pay high monthly fees. You should also try using the Hangouts mobile app, which is very intuitive and can allow you to stay better connected on the go.

I can stay more easily accessible to my colleagues with Google Hangouts. We can collaborate in groups or with just two people about project activities, goals and deadlines. It's a great way for us to stay accountable and connected with live updates. Rather than relying mostly on emails and standard phone calls, we can use Google Hangouts to log our communication activity and supplement conversations with files and text data.

Google Hangouts review by Gustavo M.
Operation Analyst
Telecommunications

"Hangout is all-in-one"

What do you like best?

I like it because it integrates all your google accounts into one app, I mean, by using your google account you can chat, make a conference, receive/make a call, share pictures, files, videos, and a lot of things with one application.

It is possible to use it in a web version, that works on your gmail web page, so it simplifies the use.

What do you dislike?

It should be more friendly, I mean it should have more features to customize the app. Sometimes in web version it is too slowly, so the creator should review the processes and improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yeah, it is a useful tool to communicate in an only google account.

You can reach somebody by using your gmail account and it is not necessary to open another app or do something else to comunicate.

Google Hangouts review by Mario U.
Diseño y Desarrollo Web

"Connecting Live with Gmail Contacts easily"

What do you like best?

The integration of Google Contacts as the resource for persons available to chat with. Easy to start a one to one VideoCall or VideoConference with good quality. It´s free and supported by a huge system to rely on. Sincronizes seamless with your mobile phone vía native App, so you can continue conversations whatever you are.

What do you dislike?

Does not has grow in general usage even knowing of the good quality; wish I have more active contacts as the same level of other messaging services. Sometimes app can be heavy in resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try well their features and invite your professional contacts to start using; is a great way to combine Email and Messaging in one app

Talking quickly and fluid with contacts in a professional way. Initiate with no complex requirements a video conference.

Google Hangouts review by Kendra F.
Owner
Consumer Goods

"Google Hangouts has been so good to me that I got rid of my cell phone!"

What do you like best?

I like that the app is free and super easy to use! I can call, I can text, I can check voicemails, etc. I like that it runs off any wifi, which is super convenient. I have a wifi hot spot that I carry around with me so I can use my computer anywhere I am, and I figured out that I could completely run my phone using Google Hangouts, through my wifi. So instead of paying for a hot spot and a cell phone plan, I cut the cell phone bill and was about to save $50 per month. Thanks, Google Hangouts!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can not send videos to anyone unless they are also using Google Hangouts, which happens to be like no one in my immediate circle. So that stinks! But, I can still receive videos, which is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it, so easy, so simple, so efficient, so inexpensive. If you want a phone replacement plan, this is it!

I can cut costs, by having myself, and employees, use Google Hangouts as our cell phone plan. It is free, so that is a lot cheaper than $1+!

Google Hangouts review by Jessie B.
Graduate Student, Linden Lab, Department of Neuroscience
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"Quick and easy, available for everyone!"

What do you like best?

I like that because so many people utilize gmail it's incredibly easy to access huge networks of collaborators. The chat service is so easily to use and using the chat actually helps me stay on top of my emails as well since I pay more attention as they arrive in my inbox. Overall, it's a huge productively jolt and it's excellent to have access to.

What do you dislike?

I wish it weren't disabled in certain enterprise network email systems since it can be extremely useful across any platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a short time and see if you like it! I bet you'll be converted rather quickly to enjoying it immensely. I would see if it impacts your productivity though because some people have a hard time staying focused when multitasking between chat and other tasks. However, don't be afraid to toggle the notifications so you don't lose any productivity by switching tasks!

It's the best chat platform for arranging meetings since everyone's gcal's can be synced and everything is all available on one platform while you're chatting with your colleagues scheduling meetings and assigning projects.

Google Hangouts review by Ernesto C.
Campaign Consultant
Real Estate

"google hangouts ..is awesome "

What do you like best?

The ability to message, video calls, share documents and voice calls, ability to express your self with emojis and pictures, group conference calls.

What do you dislike?

call quality and video chat isn't all the great well at least when I'm using, lacking support, my video calls do drop often not sure it has to do with google hangouts or on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you liked skype this is way better, video calls are better and communication is made much easier. recommend 100%

ability to communicate with co-workers in a simpler way, share documents have small meetings without having to be in a conference room or leaving my workspace..

Google Hangouts review by Chyrette C.
Procurement, Contract Specialist (Office of Earth Sciences)
Aviation & Aerospace

"Hangout made effective"

What do you like best?

I like being able to instant message and send document link or share them in hangout or via google drive. Hangout also helps is letting me be aware if someone in the office is present or away and if i need a question answered I can just message them instead.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the plain view of it , the color could be more appealing like alarming so you can constantly look at it in case something pops up when it is not in plain view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for collaborations and safe for work environment once secured.

Being able to have video meetings that are one on one in case a user works in another location or field office.

Google Hangouts review by Natalya L.
Руководитель проектов

"Available, but with a sea of mistakes"

What do you like best?

Apps for phones and extension for Chrome

Integration with mail

Calls

Stickers

an excellent platform for communication

possibility to make conference calls with video communication support

excellent communication quality

Integration with Google services (the presence of the 1st account makes it possible to use many applications)

What do you dislike?

It has already begun to pre-install on android (can not be deleted)

Errors after service updates

Image compression

A bunch of other minor flaws

complex interface

not so many users as in other messengers

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like this service. I do not often meet online, but when I have it I use it. Everything is very intuitive and you do not have to understand what to set up. You can communicate with other people around the world and many things else there. For conferences or online meetings very well suited.

I recommend to everyone.

I used this application to organize video conferences (online meetings) from 5 to 20 people. It was difficult =)

Google Hangouts review by Naomi C.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"great way to chat with colleagues when email is not as efficient"

What do you like best?

What I like about it is that sometimes, email just doesn't feel as instantaneous as google hangouts so this is a great option. When someone is late to a meeting, it's easier to just send them a google hangout message on whether they are coming so it pops up on their mobile. When you send an email not everyone has a message pop up so this is a great alternative. When a company does not have google hangouts, it is especially annoying bc you end up with emails such as "can you stop by my office" in the subject line when you should not be cluttering up space if you just send them google hangout instead

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to search through google hangouts for historical messages. sometimes I remember some key words that was discussed but if it is something that is common at work, a person ends up getting a TON of hits back and makes it impossible to track down the back and forth conversation between colleagues

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a great tool to have as an option for your employees to better decide how they would like to communicate everything they need to during the day. Of course, there will be a share of just "chi chatting" but having a friendlier environment at work is not necessarily a bad thing

Just giving people an option on how to communicate that is most efficient for what they are trying to get cone

Google Hangouts review by User

"If you usually do group classes with many attendees, the best option is Google Hangouts."

What do you like best?

There are tools that can be installed in the computer version that allow to extend the functionalities, for example, labeling the name of each of the participants in the conversation or having control over the audio and the camera of each one of them, which is very useful if we carry out group classes with enough students.

It allows live broadcasts through, for example, YouTube, which gives you the possibility to organize seminars or live classes with thousands of simultaneous viewings and without the need for all participants to join the conference.

It is a completely free system.

What do you dislike?

n order to participate in a video conference, it is essential to have a Google account. Although the technological giant is undoubtedly one of the world's benchmarks, in certain age segments and in a good number of countries it is not the reference email service.

When you share the screen, the student only sees your screen and stops seeing you, so the communication between both is more complicated and colder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a large number of tools of this type, but this is probably the easiest to apply for being directly connected to google, however, I recommend checking if any of the guests at the meeting live in a country with limitations to access an account Google

It allowed us to obtain more participants in the conferences for free, allowing us to massify the content of the training courses.

Google Hangouts review by Anita O.
Operations Coordinator
Entertainment

"My Hangouts experience has been beautiful."

What do you like best?

Simplicity is what best describes Google Hangouts.As a communication app. It provides me with exactly what I need to communicate on a daily basis ,either at work or in my personal life.It is freely priced and so I use it for free at work and for personal communication needs.

Google Hangouts is accessible on the three major operating systems : Android,Windows and iOS and as an owner of devices running either of these three OS ,I am glad to be able to access my Hangouts on every device,not minding the OS.

What do you dislike?

Inability to send documents via Google hangouts is my only displeasure with this wonderful freemium software program.

Google Hangouts addresses my communication needs at work.Since we adopted it as our in-house communication medium, communication flow amongst the workforce has been seamless and there has been less and less need to send an email for internal communication.

Google Hangouts review by Jesse O.
Associate
(10,001+ employees)

"Google Hangouts Daily Use"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see when my colleagues were last online. I also really like how simple it is to use. There are no unnecessary extras that make it confusing. I also really like using the desktop app, so that I can have it open separately from my browser.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't send documents or screenshots, like you can with other messaging platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend it. I also know that hangouts chat is adding new features like emojis and sending documents.

Google hangouts is used to solve communication issues. It's easy to reach out to colleagues, and to search for people within my company.

Google Hangouts review by Jodie P.

"Google Hangouts provides crisp sound quality and clear video streams"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts simplicity is its strong point. There aren't a ton of buttons to click. You can easily make a call just by clicking on one of your contacts. It's also great that information about your past conversations, like chats and call times, are stored in your contact's history section.

What do you dislike?

Google Hangouts usually works the way I expect it to work, so I can't say I dislike much about it. I think the hovering menu items during calls can be confusing at times, so if there's a way to change the layout style and functionality, that might be helpful for some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before an important call with someone that hasn't used Google Hangouts before, you should get acquainted with all the controls so you can quickly point them out to the person your talking to, if needed. Some people might get frustrated with the controls and not have the patience to figure them out.

I'm able to have productive calls and chats with Google Hangouts. I can use video calls to show references to people, which can help them to better understand what I'm talking about. I can also get a better idea of what others are talking about by seeing their faces and computer screens.

Google Hangouts review by Dale G.

"Smooth and easy video and voice calls"

What do you like best?

I mainly like that Google Hangouts is very simple to use. You can access it right away after signing into your Google account. Getting a call started is just a couple clicks away. There aren't a ton of controls or graphics to get the users confused. Everything is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The screen control feature can be difficult for some people to use at times. Knowing how to access the screen control feature isn't as clear as the other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts is worth a try if you have a Google account. There isn't an extensive signup process where you have to fill in a bunch of information. You can just go right in and check it out.

I'm able to get in touch with many business people and communicate through text, voice calls or video calls. Google Hangouts makes collaboration and online meetings a breeze and isn't expensive like some other leading services out there.

Google Hangouts review by Donald W.

"High quality video calls and screen sharing"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is very easy to use and can be accessed right away if you have a Google account. The user interface is very simple and straightforward with large buttons and text that tell you what to do. You can see when your contacts are online and start chatting or calling them instantly. The video quality is very nice and clear.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't disable my camera view during a video call. There are times when I want to see the other person's video or computer screen, but don't want to show them my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Hangouts has pretty smooth call quality, so I think it's reliable in a professional setting. I think you can count on it to work for video calls and screen sharing. I haven't had any major issues with it so far.

I've been able to use Google Hangouts to connect with people on very productive calls. I can call coworkers to talk about projects and use the screen sharing feature to better explain things from my desktop. I've also been able to use it to give tutorials or to have other give me tutorials about many things.