Google Maps API

Google Maps API is a mapping platform that includes driving directions, Street View imagery and others.

Work for Google Maps API?

Learning about Google Maps API?

Google Maps API Reviews

Showing 56 Google Maps API reviews
Google Maps API review by Jimi N.
Jimi N.

"An excellent tool for your global location"

What do you like best?

What is a fairly simple and practical application in which you can do many things such as locating places and destinations, has a very particular application as is the GPS this gives you an exact form for your location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike few things about this API as for example that when you are using the smarphone is a little slow, additional that you have a short number to place markers in the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool for multiple uses, which will give you abundant benefits.

With this application I have been able to manage different routes to perform different drive tests in my employment as a radio frequency engineer. In addition, it has allowed me to locate exact places for the installation of hydrometeorological stations, in addition to it together with other applications and this I have managed to predict as is the type of terrain to do radio link studies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Maps API
Google Maps API review by Leidy E.
Leidy E.

"Satellite map and locator"

What do you like best?

Google Maps is an excellent tool because it offers me the ability to zoom in and zoom out to show the map. I can control the map from my smart phone until I move to the location I want. Just enter an address, street, intersection will guide me to the desired destination.

What do you dislike?

This is a very good application but unfortunately for you functions you should have internet connection and another thing is that the interface created for the mobile is a bit limited in terms of the markers' siponymity found on the PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is not only a system for calculating trajectories and cartography like many others, it is an application that thanks to the rapidity with the work facilitates your work management by improving the quality of the service that is provided in terms of face-to-face attention.

It gives me ease of tracing routes for faster way to perform technical assistance work, in my case for installation of satellite equipment reaching quickly, accurately and above all safe, generating a satisfaction as far as concerns. already with this application can calculate the time of arrival at the site of the intalacion, which is the most feasible route and also lets me know what type of terrain in which we will work. This is an application te muentra streets, gives you points of references from any part of the world and is always updated in terms of cities, country and any new location, I repeat worldwide which when it is used for routes of employment if not for tourist routes this application is the best

What GIS solution do you use?

Google Maps API review by George G.
George G.

"A complete solution and a hard blow to free custom web mapping."

What do you like best?

The Google Maps API makes publishing a map an easy thing to do. It also complemented with a series of tools that can be integrated easily alongside the map in a web-app that meets your or your client's needs.

What do you dislike?

It does not work well with tools outside the Google Family and it has stopped being free despite using crowdsourcing to function and further develop it's features (e.g. live traffic)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The power of the Google Maps API is its execellent hosting, its interoperability with the other tools and APIs of the Google Family and that is already everywhere. Is it worth using after the pricing changes? It all comes down to: a) If you need all these tools b)If you need that scalabilty? c)If can you afford it d)If you don't have the time and resources to develop these functionalities on your own. If the abovementioned conditions are not met then I would strongly advise you refrain from using Google Maps and move to other web mapping platforms like OpenLayers, Leaflet etc. otherwise you will find that the Google Maps API is a really strong tool and easy to use.

Using Google Maps you have access to: satellite imagery, street maps, places search and info, 360° panoramic views of streets, routing for traveling by foot, car, bicycle, or public transportation and real-time traffic conditions. You can easily overlay and style additional data in a geoJSON format. The Google Maps API can be easily integrated with other Google APIs (geocoding, geolocation, distance matrix, elevation, Google Drive etc.) to provide the tools you need to build a complex Web GIS solution - or the according APIs to let you develop your GIS in android environment.

Google Maps API review by NABIL N.
NABIL N.

"Satellite location "

What do you like best?

I like because I can know exactly where I am and where I want to go, I also like that this application gives me different alternatives to reach my destination giving me the opportunity to choose the one that is most feasible for me.When I traveled to the Dominican Republic for the first time and did not know anything Google maps helped me get to all the places I needed to visit in a quick and timely manner, that's why I love this application.

What do you dislike?

Actually this application is good enough to dislike some of it, siembargo I consider the disadvantage is that it can not be used without an internet connection.otherwise I have no complaints, google maps is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love google maps because thanks to this application I can move anywhere thanks to its quick and accurate address, that's why I recommend it with my eyes closed.

I have had great benefits of this application, because thanks to it I can go to any destination safely guided by google maps.

Google Maps API review by Alejandro R. Z.
Alejandro R. Z.

"Google Maps, a better way to see the world."

What do you like best?

Google Maps is the name of a free Google service. It is a map application server on the web. It offers images of scrollable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world and even the route between different locations or images at street level. The best thing about Google Maps is that it is an easy-to-use application that offers the ability to zoom in and out to show the map as well as jump a lot of additional information about a lot of the places in the world, showing routes to reach different from our site where we are located, in addition to allowing us to print, send or link the maps.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantages of this wonderful application are that it necessarily requires an Internet connection and that Google Street View is not yet complete, since it only offers us some cities.

Sometimes the resolution is not very good in some cities not very important, as the level of detail is very low, there are also places that do not appear or some images that are placed are not current

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google is a big company that is doing things well, it must maintain the same focus

One of the biggest advantages that Google Maps offers us are the 3 options of view of Maps: Nominal, Satellite and Terrain, also if a client wants to arrive by public transport, like bus, you can look at the bus stops closest to the business, also is a 100% adaptable tool for any device: Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone. In this way business customers can locate the business from various environments.

Google Maps API review by Rudy J.
Rudy J.

"The tool that makes your geographic location easier"

What do you like best?

I like the updated information it offers about the geographical coordinates that you require, it is also very practical and easy to use. I like it because it offers different options to reach a certain territory being an excellent tool that allows us at any given time to present a difficulty in changing the route without having to affect the logistics.

What do you dislike?

I think they should look for some solution in the connection part of the gps, because if you do not have a browser that has great speed it is a little complicated to use it correctly because when you locate any address if you manage to give it you get it wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple tool of great utility, easy use and complete availability. I recommend them to make your work trip as comfortable as possible

In my case, I can say that it has been very useful because I have to work in different cities and I have helped to locate streets, roads, avenues, etc. Making my work trip a pleasant one, as I save time during the trip

Google Maps API review by ronald s.
ronald s.

"The most comfortable tool to locate places anywhere in the world."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this program, is that you can download it anywhere and it's totally free and that in turn has spectacular satellite images very up-to-date (depending on the city).

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the method of creating keys, since many times they do not arrive or they are slow to arrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you document a little before acquiring this program since you have many API applications. Many can be adapted to your needs. To better manage or understand this program I recommend that you have help from a programmer.

Google is a very useful tool because it helps me a lot to get places, land or buildings in a very fast way with either vector or raster information.

Google Maps API review by Glendon T.
Glendon T.

"New Price Hikes - BEWARE!"

What do you like best?

Its an awesome API, great documentation, quality data.

What do you dislike?

Sooooo... I just got charged over 7,000 dollars on my personal credit card because of this, worst of all, it was for a project at an old company that I no longer work for and didn't realize my personal card was hooked up. I built something as a POC for the company, programming it under the old limits. Left and forgot about it. They still use it. Then they emailed my old company email about the price hikes 2 weeks ago (which I obviously didn't get). They then told me "Support Portal access is only for customers who have purchased a Premium Enterprise license" :O

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful about their new pricing. This went into effect on July 16th I am writing this review as of August 2nd. If you want more information about the changes check this out. http://geoawesomeness.com/developers-up-in-arms-over-google-maps-api-insane-price-hike/

Business data with the places API

Google Maps API review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"Robust Geo-coding Solution "

What do you like best?

It works in Australia and makes use of a route map rather than working "as the crow flies." It's a robust and reliable solution to identify the quickest route between two points automatically.

What do you dislike?

When using the free experience, the solution will simply stop working and stop providing results without prior warning.

There is a limit to the amount of 'markers' that one can place on a Google map at once.

We use Google Maps to convert a users postcode and suburb into a longitude and latitude, then identify the nearest buying centre or driver. By ranking buying centres by the buying centre that is closest we are able to provide the most relevant location first when offering the opportunity to book an appointment.

Google Maps API review by Joey T.
Joey T.

"Could be great, but isn't even good."

What do you like best?

It provides GPS tracking of you and your location, uses Transit service info and Uber and Lyft to get you around. The integration of your personal info is also used to accomplish this, which borders a fine line between privacy invasion and convenience.

What do you dislike?

The app does not use the compass that's on your device. That makes knowing which direction you face literally impossible. It does not notify you of your destination when you arrive there, or when you're going there, which is very inconvenient. It does not inform you of how many blocks you need to travel, but informs you of feet or miles, which is often indeterminable. It uses outdated route numbers nobody knows roads by, instead of their common names, for example: The Notification would announce "Continue on local route "630" for 1000 feet", instead of saying "continue on Market street for 3 blocks". It's very simple to make this software extremely convenient, but it hasn't been done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once they make the necessary adjustments, it Might work better.

It enhances my transportation abilities when I need to get to unknown locations while transporting goods to customers, people to destinations and need to provide a service to others.

Google Maps API review by Stacey R.
Stacey R.

"Maps with ease"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to have Google Maps accessible directly from our website.

What do you dislike?

There's little I can think of that I dislike about Maps API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goggle Maps API is an easy and efficient way to add Maps for whatever purpose needed to your website. Whether using Maps API or something similar, having direct access to directions, addresses, views of location, etc. directly on your website is a healthy business practice. Google Maps API is an easy and effective way to incorporate that practice. Best solution IMO.

Having Maps accessible directly from our website increases the amount of time visitors are spending on our page rather than navigating off and opening a new tab to access Maps which can ultimately navigate site visitors to other sites rather than spending time on ours. The longer a potential customer spends on our website, the higher the likelihood of them to buy our products and services.

Google Maps API review by Celia H.
Celia H.

"This helps our patrons know where to find us!"

What do you like best?

We recently got a new Outreach van for our library system and it is a fantastic tool to reach out to the community. What is hard for both staff and patrons is to keep up with where it's at!

What do you dislike?

It's pretty slow sometimes, if you are trying to view the location on a phone especially. Which is problematic if you are trying to find our Outreach van when you are out and about in the community. I cannot make adjustments to this. Only our website administrator is able to change MARCOs location.

We are helping our patrons find us when we are involved in HUGE public gatherings. We live in a city that has lots of festivals in the summer and we, as a library, are often involved in these but with so many vendors and so much commotion it can be hard to find us. Google Maps API helps us with that by allowing our patrons to pinpoint our active location on a map.

Google Maps API review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"the only GPS I trust "

What do you like best?

Honestly, the reliability. I have an iPhone, and have actually deleted the standard apple maps in favor of google. I travel to different locations for work, and google maps is the only system that I trust to be quick and effective.

What do you dislike?

It takes up more space than my original maps system, and space is always a premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Delete whatever you are using and just use google maps.

Google maps is a trustworthy way to go between offices and make sure I reach my destination safely. Some of our more remote offices don't even show up on apple maps!

Google Maps API review by James F.
James F.

"Very powerful Maps API."

What do you like best?

You only need a few steps to get your free API and then import that into your own website. Once it's setup it require no further maintenance.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit difficult to ind what you are looking. Also Getting it setup can be a bit complicated if you are a novice to programming or API's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit complex to use and is hugely powerful. There isn't really another option for mapping that's as widely used as Google Maps.

We were wanting to display different locations on google maps across several websites. For this we used a free Maps Javascript API.

Google Maps API review by Susana Marina R.
Susana Marina R.

"Take a map to the palm of your hand"

What do you like best?

I can access the application from my smart phone quickly and without complications when using it, showing an exact answer and helping me to collect exact information

What do you dislike?

the application gives the results, but not so fast and make the search late

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it correctly to obtain excellent results since it is an application that gives correct answers to your users

the application allows you to do searches in a concise way without allowing mistakes, which makes the customers are satisfied, helps to have great benefit

Google Maps API review by Hemdeep M.
Hemdeep M.
View Original

"Google Maps - A Local Guide review"

What do you like best?

Because it gives information about the place at one click and also provides some details to some extent.

What do you dislike?

It is so good but at the same it fail to give update about newest route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use google maps. If you are new boy or girl in the city.

i am a local guide at google maps verified by google and helping the google maps to add missing place. so we can have the updated route, we can take when using google maps.

Google Maps API review by Paige E.
Paige E.

"Getting me out of Jams"

What do you like best?

When I truly don't know where to find a potential client or have gotten lost on the way back from a client, Google Maps has aided in getting me where I needed to be. Also with finding the shorter route between clients.

What do you dislike?

So much data usage! And it's hard to shut off while driving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always pull over when first turning on. Keep your eyes on the road. Again, please pull over if you're getting confused or upset. You still need to keep your eyes on the road, not the phone. Watch the road, save lives.

Finding the quickest route from one client to another, determining mileage for tax purposes, meeting new clients in a timely fashion.

Google Maps API review by User

" Experience with Google Maps"

What do you like best?

Rapid location capability and your voice help that is perfect when driving.

What do you dislike?

I really think it's a good tool but to focus to have more accuracy I would like it to take faster the central point so that it does not send to a longer path

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent application allows you to reach the required sites without getting lost indicating the time that will be used to arrive and how many kilometers it is located, very good for work and tourism routes.

It allows you to reach required sites in less time, it allows you to get a reference of what is located around the requested point about the image of the streets if you are viewing and if you only need to listen, as is the case in which you are driving since you should not neglect the view in that case, it tells you the distance to which the point is and the time it should arrive and it never really fails is exactly the time it says, when it comes to making routes Work is of great help to have better distribution of time and what guarantees to be more efficient in the sites to visit per day.

"Google Maps API"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this application is that it has a coverage of 99% of the countries which means that wherever we are in the world, we can have access to the Google Maps API. It is a good option, since it tells us in real time the traffic which allows us to use other alternate routes to reach our destination faster.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything, it seems an excellent application I think it gives us many benefits in terms of options to get faster to our destinations and also allows us to locate in real time, which means more security since we can have a glimpse of where you are the person we need to contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let them know more about this application

I think the business problems that it resolves is that we can locate the actual access of the company, that is, we can know which is the least congested access road to arrive at business meetings early and in terms of the location of the places to which that you want to get faster to do business.

Google Maps API review by Diosibel M.
Diosibel M.

"excellent to look for direction"

What do you like best?

I have never seen such an excellent program that the location of what you want and if you want you can place it in 3d and zoom in and everything that is close to what you are looking for appears

What do you dislike?

I like everything, it guides me very well and I always find what I'm looking for thanks to the satellite

It gives me many benefits and helps me when I need to find any location

"google maps"

What do you like best?

What I really like about google maps is that you have the option to choose several directions that can take you to your final destination. I also enjoy that it gives you an exact breakdown of how long does it take for you to get to where your going.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike is that sometimes as your trying to get to your destination it freezes or it takes a while to tell you that you are going the wrong way

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Job! Keep improving the app, I love how you have someone that talks to use as you try to figure out where your going

This app we use it every time we travel to conferences within the U.S or out of the country, it is amazing that no matter in what part of the work you may be, google maps is always there to guide you and take you to where you nee to be,

Google Maps API review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Reasonably good solution, although popularity does not equal best solution"

What do you like best?

Reasonably simple, straight forward usage. Not a complex solution. Nice graphical interface with a lot of resources embedded into maps inherent with the fact that many people use google maps. Thus it has many other points of interest, listings, etc. at the user's disposal. Relatively easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

Usage limits and fees, especially for non-profit clients. Sometimes also a glitch with no solution causes much grief. Does not always work exactly like it should. Because of glitches, had to re-write project to use other mapping solutions, which in fact turned out to be much better. Should have more flexible pricing structures and plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at all solutions and don't just use google maps because everyone else seems to be using it. That alone does not make it the best.

Graphical representation of territories and boundaries. Easy for end-user to use. Easy to use for non-technical end-users

Google Maps API review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="d0ffc659-8a82-48fd-97d3-320234dbc58f">Isabel H.</span>
Isabel H.
" itemprop="name" />

"Utiliza google maps para localizar tus intereses"

What do you like best?

Google maps es muy sencillo de usar, y te permite ubicar rapidamente las direcciones y establecimientos que estes buscando, Me gusta que tiene la opcion tambièn de poder ver la imagen satelital.

What do you dislike?

Algunos datos están desactualizados. En el caso de la aplicación móvil me parece que tarda mucho en cargar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prueben esta herramienta para conocer la ubicacion de calles, establecimientos y vialidad en todo el mundo.

Puedo obtener informaciòn y asi actualizar en algunos casos la base de datos geogràficos, referente a localizacion de centros poblados, rios y vialidad. También permite hacer cálculos de distancia en kilómetros, dato que me resulta útil para realizar análisis específicos al respecto.

Google Maps API review by elizabeth r.
elizabeth r.

"Great product for Use in our Industry"

What do you like best?

Product is great for use in the insurance industry because it is easy to get a street view or sky view or even 3D view of all of the properties we insure to see that we are insuring all of the hazards of a property.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I disliked that they took away the measurement tool for awhile, but they brought it back so that's now okay!

Not having to go out on a property every time we are looking to write one to get an idea of what we are writing when the client doesn't provide all of the info needed.

Google Maps API review by Viviana P.
Viviana P.

"Google maps is the best"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and how quickly it showed me the address I need

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints that I really like this program

Google maps is the best that offers me many advantages and benefits, it teaches you everything that is close, besides being able to approach, claim and see in 3D

Google Maps API review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Google maps review ! "

What do you like best?

I absolutely love google maps. It is so easy to use and I have not had an issue with it thus far

What do you dislike?

The only thing I “disliked” was that I missed my turn and it did not re-route me fast enough so I got lost. But that could have been due to lack of cell service?

Problems that are being solved are that since I have google maps I know where I’m going and gives me an estimated time that it will take to get there so I have been on time for my appointments, unlike in the past. This would also be a huge benefit. I used to use mapquest, but google maps popped up one day and decided to give it a try and liked it so much more!

Google Maps API review by Joe P.
Joe P.

"Google Maps API "

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Very comprehensive. Wid range of options and maps.

What do you dislike?

The help topics and feasibility to reach out to Google's Customer service when the need should arouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial period! Weekday do you have to lose?

Integrating with customers websites. Mainly for directions to the retailer and/or office of professional services.

Google Maps API review by Camisha E.
Camisha E.

"Point A to point B"

What do you like best?

Many websites have Google Maps as an option for directions

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not alert you of traffic or road hazards, at times it takes you to an inaccurate location

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to road closure signs

Google Maps helps me to make it to scheduled meetings and locations on time

Google Maps API review by User

"Excellent but can be improved "

What do you like best?

It helps the user to reach its destination on time without facing any problems on the route the user is taking. It also helps to find out the shortest distance to take to reach the destination.

What do you dislike?

It consumes a lot of device charge and sometimes the traffic update is very slow.The route taken to reach the destination by using the public transport like train and bus is sometimes not properly mentioned.

If I want my employee or friend to reach at my place I can easily share my location to him and then he can easily navigate to my place this helps to save time as well as avoiding confusion in understanding the route.

Google Maps API review by Cameron W.
Cameron W.

"Where to Go?"

What do you like best?

I like how it def user friendly, Accessible for many age groups from Old to Young.

What do you dislike?

I would say the only thing I dislike are the Updates and Changes without first giving some type of Tutorial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no other reason to not Use Google Maps, Unless you want to get lost!

Well when we are locating drivers to access there positioning, We will use GoogleMaps to ensure directions or Even options for different routes if needed.

Google Maps API review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best navigation app "

What do you like best?

Well talking about the google map API, I will say, it’s the best navigator at present. I Believe google map makes us life very easier by givining the right direction. If there is any traffic , google maps gives the later active route, so when driving anywhere, don’t worry.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I could say wrong about google map api. It is making a life more easier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try it, it won’t disappoint you

Most of time, when we need to send the exact location or need to find the exact location of co worker,we ask him to share his location via google map api

"Google Maps API"

What do you like best?

I use it for calculating mileage for work. I can type in two locations to see how many miles it is without having to route anything or pull up another search engine.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be behind and it doesn't have features like alerts for road construction, accidents, cops and things like that.

I can calculate mileage quickly and easily and it is very helpful for getting around in Nashville for music and work.

"Google Maps"

What do you like best?

I like that it offers me options to avoid traffic or updates on congestion.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that occasionally it does lose signal. I also dislike the many options for route. I only want to see the fastest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates int he past few years have been very beneficial. I appreciate this product.

I work an hour away from my job. In cases of traffic or accidents it allows me to pass through quickly.

Google Maps API review by Brandy H.
Brandy H.

"Google Maps"

What do you like best?

I like the user experience and how much you can change. Also the accuracy makes for easy trips.

What do you dislike?

I think it should tell you about exits and turns earlier than it does.

When working a job that involves travel, having an app that can help you make it everywhere you have to go is very nice. Also you can save maps offline, just incase there's no connection in an area.

Google Maps API review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Basics for getting for getting a client to the right spot"

What do you like best?

Easy to provide client with directions as to where to go

What do you dislike?

It costs more to use some very basic items

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your business appears correct

give directions for clients as to where to go

"Google Maps API"

What do you like best?

provides a RESTful interface with authentication via digital signatures using a cryptographic key. The web service provides a complete set of methods accessing maps, satellite, and related local search data It provides a wide range of language kits including Flash, JavaScript and code for manipulating in C#, Java and Python.

What do you dislike?

Nothing free lasts forever; and it's damn hard to make money putting ads on maps. That seems to be the conclusion to draw from Google's decision to put limits on its Google Maps API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are likits

Getting faster routes saving time fuel resources for those traveling and utilizing company vehicles

Google Maps API review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Maps review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use mapping to an my routes for work. Add multiple destinations and set order. Super awesome

What do you dislike?

Editing route capabilities. I would like to be able to highlight a road I would like to bypass during my travel.

Day planning. I know more precise arrival times which allows me to schedual work accordingly

Google Maps API review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Google Maps easy to learn easy to use"

What do you like best?

I learned quickly when the group I was with was confused by the directions their GPS was giving them. Using my phone and Google Maps I was able to get us to the right location.

What do you dislike?

When using Google Maps it is difficult to use the phone and some other apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a smart phone you should be using Google Maps. It is free and as good as the products you have to pay for.

It helps the small business person keep track of mileage and you can use your contacts in Google to get directions.

Google Maps API review by Allie P.
Allie P.

"BEST LOCATION EXPERIENCE EVER. "

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use, and provides you with the best information yet.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this software yet.

It is very helpful when trying to locate a certain area and gives you very detailed steps to get you there in the quickest route possible.

Google Maps API review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"A Must-Use Resource In Today’s Mobile Era"

What do you like best?

I love the up to date details, interactivity within communities, and involvement with google mybusiness.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of VR applications currently.

I have assisted family members through the use of this product. The overbearing burdens of previous maps are no longer a worry.

Google Maps API review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Helpful way to get around"

What do you like best?

I like the offline option. It allows me to save my directions even when my phone doesn’t have signal.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it has trouble rerouting. I have to go out of my way to select tool free options. I finally found under settings how to do it. I think alternate routes should be made more obvious. Especially if roads are closed and you have to go around.

Getting to meetings on time. And making sure my clients arrive at meetings in the right location.

"needs a search engine"

What do you like best?

i like that I am able to see the surrounding landmarks to my location

What do you dislike?

I do however; wish that I was able to search for specific landmarks near any destination I wished to go, such as a museum

I am able to send directions to and from destinations to people

"Google Maps"

What do you like best?

Google maps make mapping very simplistic. Knowledge of GIS software is absolutely not necessary. It makes it more accessible to those who want to create a compelling map without having to invest money or time into other conventional mapping software.

What do you dislike?

Because of its simplicity and ease of use, it doesn't allow for complex, intricate map making. It's geared toward users who want to create maps without having to take a course.

It makes it easy for employees to learn, understand and make maps.

Google Maps API review by Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting
Consultant in Staffing and Recruiting

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

It is always the current accurate data so I know what is happening in the moment.

What do you dislike?

difficult to add additional stops and I wish there was an ability to turn off current data.

We can see the commute time for candidates that want to work here.

Google Maps API review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Google maps "

What do you like best?

traffic delay information is very helpful and the redirection is a great time saver!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are inaccuracies that take me in circles for no reason when I could have easily taken a straight path

Helps me navigate around conference locations

Google Maps API review by Administrator

"Google Maps is a great tool"

What do you like best?

We have always been a fan of Google products in our business (Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.) and the Google Maps API is no different. Very easy to navigate (no pun intended) and allows people to easily locate us.

What do you dislike?

Can't really think of anything I dislike, it is pretty compatible to our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy and must to have people be able to locate you.

It allows our visitors to find us easily.

Google Maps API review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of integration, up time and scalability.

What do you dislike?

Data doesn't always align with our property data but the level of accuracy is acceptable.

Harmonizing real estate geo data with addresses and ways to find it accurately in our web app.

User in Government Administration

"My experience with Google maps"

What do you like best?

Google Maps Offers detail directions to my selected destination.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I put in the destination it will take you a rather long distance to get there

In an effort to find the best way or route to get to a meeting or an event we use this particular application. What we have found is there while the directions are detailed it doesn't allow for options for shortcuts.

Google Maps API review by Administrator

"Stable API but with an extremely hard to understand TOS"

What do you like best?

It's great for geocoding requests via the API

What do you dislike?

Understanding how many API requests as well as how many are allotted during a given day is difficult to understand. The access of the API keys that we use are never fully understand

Geocoding location addresses to extract geolocation coordinates so that we can plot location activity on a map and perform multi geospacial analyses

Google Maps API review by User

"This software saves me occasionally "

What do you like best?

It navigates me to where I want to go in the shortest time possible. It also gives me ratings of different attractions in the city and contact information of businesses

What do you dislike?

This software has limited accuracy, and it may contain offensive and shocking materials from particular zones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's very helpful.

Alleviating the hassle of finding locations.

"Google Maps"

What do you like best?

The ability to search for places around you using key words like "food." I also enjoy the simplistic design of the site as well.

What do you dislike?

Was slightly confusing to initially use when.

Some benefits I have realized is more time saved searching for the most efficient routes.

"Google Map Daily user"

What do you like best?

It is easy to search for a destination helps with transportation to and from places

What do you dislike?

none I cannot think of anything right off

helps me with my commute to rehearsals and performances.

Google Maps API review by User in Higher Education

"Using google maps when traveling (health professional)"

What do you like best?

Shows a picture of the house when putting in address

What do you dislike?

Does not show speed limit of roads unlike other apps

For traveling therapists tracking mileage and arriving at a location is easy

"Great App"

What do you like best?

The way it manages you travel timeline, accurate and memories everything.

What do you dislike?

When it stops due crashes or app errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try.

Timeline

Google Maps API review by Consultant

"Very fast and bug free"

What do you like best?

Availability Responsive time cloud options

What do you dislike?

New addresses not showing up sometimes which can be improved

Helping customer to locate the right home

Google Maps API review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to find my clients homes efficiently

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it isn't updated with current streets

None

Learning about Google Maps API?

* We monitor all Google Maps API reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.