Do you work for Google Maps API?

Google Maps API Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Maps API?

Google Maps API is a mapping platform that includes driving directions, Street View imagery and others.

Google Maps API Profile Details

Google Maps API Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Maps API Reviews

1-50 of 119 total Google Maps API reviews

Google Maps API Reviews

1-50 of 119 total Google Maps API reviews
Google Maps API review by Miriannys G.
Asistente de Márketing

"The exact location and the right place. "

What do you like best?

Mainly google maps is a very easy to use platform and when we interact more and more with it, it begins to cover our needs as a company and as excellent sponsors in the area of ​​advertising and marketing.

Not only does it provide us with the location of the place we are looking for, but it also offers us additional information about our favorite places.

Really our Marketing and advertising team has been very helpful to our clients, since we do the whole process faster, because we have a map in our office and anywhere we have internet.

What do you dislike?

Although it is of great help to our marketing and advertising team, it necessarily requires an internet connection to be able to execute the maps of the location that we require.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it at any time and place as it helps to locate us quickly and safely providing up to the exact time of our arrival at the place. Both our company and our customers are satisfied.

In the area of ​​marketing advertising google maps has allowed me to search all the destinations that I request, making my career easier, to others it provides me how much time it would take depending on the route that I was looking for. Both I and my clients bring us excellent benefits when we meet at a restaurant or tourist place making our arrival safe.

Google Maps API review by Nicolle Cindy B.
Periodista autónomo

"Locate with the best map application"

What do you like best?

Google maps is perhaps the best application of maps that exists, it is so easy to use and offers multiple tools, to make its use something more adapted to your needs, it allows you to zoom in or out of the specific map area that you want to see , not only indicates the location of the sites but also the routes through which to reach that destination, depending on the means of transport you are going to use, besides that also provides us with additional information about the site that we are looking for in the map, in my particular case I think Google Maps is in my top 5 applications that I use the most, I constantly have to be in motion from one place to another, and not every time I know where it is or how to get there, and it's there when I go to Mr. Google Maps. I can access it from my tablet. cell phone or from my computer, so thank you Google for creating one of my favorite applications.

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing I could say that I dislike this application is that not every time I'm in areas with good access to the Internet and so I'm excluded from the use of this application, the rest I have nothing more negative to say about This application, for me is very complete and is very useful and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In short, people could not choose a better application of maps, it is very complete, it is kept up to date, easy to use, it offers multiple tools for a better experience in its use, you can use it from any mobile device and it works for any field of work , so yes, I recommend without any doubt the use of google maps.

This application has made my work life somewhat easier, every time I have to go to a site to find a news item, write an article or simply do an interview with someone and I'm not sure where the place is located, I just put the address in Google Maps and it tells me where it is and how to get there.

Google Maps API review by Laura C.
Academic Coordinator
Education Management

"Best Maps App!"

What do you like best?

Honestly, no other maps app has anything on Google Maps! I am an iphone user and lover, but the iPhone map app is trash! I have been on trips with people who use the apple maps app and then were misled, while Google maps app was correct! I love that if I search something on the desktop, it saves and that when I go to search the same address on my phone app, it is there!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I dislike about Google Maps. It is a very intuitive app. The live traffic feature is very helpful, but sometimes it is not updated as often as it should be. Love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not Waze so do not expect a large community of users to advise. Also, Google Maps is not going to let you know if there are police officers in the area. I recommend bookmarking places you visit often so they are easier to locate and search when traveling. For example, establish where "Home" and "work" are. This is helpful when planning ahead. If you know from where you will be traveling (home or work) Google maps can help you determine the details of your trip.

We don't use Google Maps that often in our business, but we have had to use them in the past when giving directions to visitors and potential donors. We also use Google maps when we draft maps of exit routes from the building.

Google Maps API review by Keila B.
Especialista en atención al cliente

"Google maps, without a doubt the best location program worldwide."

What do you like best?

The best thing about google maps is that it allows you to place the company on the map in a literal way, in addition to giving customers the ability to rate their experience in our facilities, besides being super practical as it allows you to choose a destination and leaving from an initial position which is marked on the map directly suggests several routes, also analyzing if you are in car, bicycle or walking. Another of its great advantages is that it informs you of the routes of public transport and at all times it keeps you informed of your precise location if you have GPS.

What do you dislike?

One of the few things I do not like about google maps is that if you use it from the mobile it becomes a bit slow, even if the data connection is good, I think you should better compress the maps for mobile versions. But in general lines is an excellent program the best of its kind without doubts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a program that I recommend with your eyes closed, has the backing of a giant company like google, what else can I say the amount of benefits it provides with respect to its low cost make it the best application in their field.

The best thing that Google Maps has done for our company is to be able to position ourselves on the map, so that customers know where we are located and also qualify qualitatively as well as quantitatively the performance of our employees and know what aspects we should improve when it comes to lending the best customer service

Google Maps API review by Isabel Josefina D.
Secretaria
(10,001+ employees)

"It's excellent service, thanks google for that."

What do you like best?

is an application with many advantages, can be used on computer and cell phone, no need to have an account or access to gmail to use it, on the google page with any browser is available, the images are all real and updated, too You can see satellite, it also shows me the rough access to any place you indicate in the search engine, it is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

With this application, I have done very well, I have never had any setbacks. but the limitation that it has is that it must be used with the internet to access the maps. If you are in a place with little signal and you need to look for an address, this will be impossible because you can not load the image well, since it is very heavy.

for my google maps it has been very useful, since I use it I have not had to worry about not knowing the address of some place, since I can get to where I want in a short time, thanks to the routes that I trace I can see the best way to reach.

Google Maps API review by Jose Gregorio G.
Barbero

"my location in space."

What do you like best?

I like google maps because it allows me to locate myself in space, know where I am and where I need to go and above all, it helps me to select the most appropriate way to reach my destination without losing time for traffic.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there are times I lose the connection in a route and I can not reach my destination, however I consider that it is not a problem of the application but of my connection to the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google maps is a very easy to use and very useful application for any work field therefore I recommend it.

Google maps has benefited me a lot in my work as a barber, because thanks to this application I can do my work at home no matter what part of the state the client is in, because I only put the address where I want to go and google maps tells me the most appropriate way to reach my destination.

Google Maps API review by Tina .
Advisor

"Google Maps"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can get mapping from anywhere. Just pull it up on my device, phone and put in the address where I want to go and via my location, it will map me from where I am currently at and give me the best route. I used Google maps when we traveled all the states from the middle of the USA and all the east coast in 2016. Was easy finding places with google maps by asking it what is near me for something we were looking for.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I cannot get a signal in less populated areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great app that will get you to where you want instead of spending money on a GPS. Google Maps is the way to go. Super user friendly and you can't go wrong.

It ables me to get to anywhere when I become lost and unable to find where I am going because my normal GPS is trying to direct me off a bridge or into a ditch.

Google Maps API review by Er. Monika K.
SEO Executive

"Find the best, relevant & your favorite place globally via Google Maps"

What do you like best?

Google Maps API is really one of the best applications I am using since last 4-5 years which comes with a User-friendly interface that a person of any age can use it easily. I am using this for my personal use and for official purpose as well. Even the managers and the management team can use it to guide our customers. It shows the best as well the some other routes which a person can prefer to reach our destination. It even tells you the distance along with fare between your location and destination. It's really very simple and practical application to locate places and destination along with the GPS that gives you an exact form for our location. One of the best part of this product is that it displays the landmarks near by or any other place between the route. The application gains user traffic as there is an option which tells a user to book any cab like OLA or Uber using this app which specifics the minimum or maximum fare of the cab. The best part which I like about this Google Map API is that it also show the places at your near by location. Those places includes coffee shops, restaurants, fuel stations, schools, hospitals, and many more.

What do you dislike?

As far as I have used this Google Maps Application, I didn't get any negative aspect for this Google Maps API. But, what I feel lacking is that sometimes it shows the time duration to our destination double the actual time between our location and the destination. Except this point, it is perfect application to search for any route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to show the actual time between the live location and the destination. It is the best application which helps you to reach your destination with a relevant path.

This app has resolved many of our business issues like we can esily locate our address on this Google Maps API. After using this application it becomes easy for us to manage different routes to perform different testing operations for the internet services. In addition, it easily helps to locate exact places for my new offices along with internet services. It is very helpful not for our management team only, but even helped our team to locate and find address of our clients as well as leads. So, it becomes easy for us to just send the address of our office to a client or any other person and he or she can easily reach there by following the recommended paths. It becomes easy for us to schedule our meetings at any restaurant or a coffee shop near our location or our clients location.

Google Maps API review by Ramón  R.

"No te pierdas con Google Maps."

What do you like best?

Es una aplicación en línea y multiplataforma, que tan solo necesitas un navegador y conexión internet para acceder a ella.

Es simple, amigable y rápida.

Como empresa, nos va a permitir situarnos en el mapa de Google siendo más fácil que nuestros clientes o alumnos nos encuentren y visiten.

Es muy práctica, te permite elegir un destino y una posición de inicio (puede ser la que marque el gps) y te sugiere varias rutas, en función de si vas en coche o andando.

Si vas en transporte público , te dice qué numeros de autobus o metro debes coger.

Si tienes GPS además te marcará el lugar exacto en el que estás en todo momento.

Si lo usas como navegador en tu coche, te avisa de posibles retenciones y te cambia la ruta para optimizar tu llegada a destino.

Te indica lugares de interés cercanos, así como comercios, restaurantes, etc.

Te va a permitir trazar rutas de varias etapas en un mapa.

Es gratisd

What do you dislike?

Si quieres acceder a todas las opciones para darle uso en tu empresa sí que debes pasar por caja. Aunque con la versión básica gratuita nos ha sido suficiente de momento.

Si vas al extranjero y no vas a tener conexión, no podrás usar la aplicación a no ser que te bajes los mapas que vas a visitar antes, lo cual consume mucho espacio en disco.

A veces es un poco lento si se utiliza del smartphone.

Si lo usas como navegador en tu coche, no te avisa del límite de la carretera ni la velocidad a la que vas.

Por lo demás estamos bastante contentos con la aplicación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cuidado con adquerir la versión premium para Bussiness pues desde el pasado verano de 2018 han subido los precios.

Es cierto que se puede uno apañar con la básica y nadie tendrá problemas para que nos encuentren en el mapa y visiten nuestra sede.

A la hora de hacer visitas fuera de nuestra empresa nos ha ayudado muchísimo, al indicarnos en seguida la ruta exacta más rapida a seguir.

En los viajes al extranjero, ayuda a moverte como si estuvieras en casa por la ciudad que visitas, gracias a las opciones stree view.

Nos ha ayudado tambien a posicionarnos en el mapa y a que nuestros clientes nos encuentren y nos visiten de forma rápida.

Todo ellos sin realizar ningún tipo de inversión económica.

Google Maps API review by Jimi N.
Analista del centro de operaciones de red
(10,001+ employees)

"An excellent tool for your global location"

What do you like best?

What is a fairly simple and practical application in which you can do many things such as locating places and destinations, has a very particular application as is the GPS this gives you an exact form for your location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike few things about this API as for example that when you are using the smarphone is a little slow, additional that you have a short number to place markers in the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool for multiple uses, which will give you abundant benefits.

With this application I have been able to manage different routes to perform different drive tests in my employment as a radio frequency engineer. In addition, it has allowed me to locate exact places for the installation of hydrometeorological stations, in addition to it together with other applications and this I have managed to predict as is the type of terrain to do radio link studies.

Google Maps API review by Glendon T.
Sr. Software Engineer

"New Price Hikes - BEWARE!"

What do you like best?

Its an awesome API, great documentation, quality data.

What do you dislike?

Sooooo... I just got charged over 7,000 dollars on my personal credit card because of this, worst of all, it was for a project at an old company that I no longer work for and didn't realize my personal card was hooked up. I built something as a POC for the company, programming it under the old limits. Left and forgot about it. They still use it. Then they emailed my old company email about the price hikes 2 weeks ago (which I obviously didn't get). They then told me "Support Portal access is only for customers who have purchased a Premium Enterprise license" :O

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful about their new pricing. This went into effect on July 16th I am writing this review as of August 2nd. If you want more information about the changes check this out. http://geoawesomeness.com/developers-up-in-arms-over-google-maps-api-insane-price-hike/

Business data with the places API

Google Maps API review by Leidy E.
Supervisor NOC Venezuela
(10,001+ employees)

"Satellite map and locator"

What do you like best?

Google Maps is an excellent tool because it offers me the ability to zoom in and zoom out to show the map. I can control the map from my smart phone until I move to the location I want. Just enter an address, street, intersection will guide me to the desired destination.

What do you dislike?

This is a very good application but unfortunately for you functions you should have internet connection and another thing is that the interface created for the mobile is a bit limited in terms of the markers' siponymity found on the PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is not only a system for calculating trajectories and cartography like many others, it is an application that thanks to the rapidity with the work facilitates your work management by improving the quality of the service that is provided in terms of face-to-face attention.

It gives me ease of tracing routes for faster way to perform technical assistance work, in my case for installation of satellite equipment reaching quickly, accurately and above all safe, generating a satisfaction as far as concerns. already with this application can calculate the time of arrival at the site of the intalacion, which is the most feasible route and also lets me know what type of terrain in which we will work. This is an application te muentra streets, gives you points of references from any part of the world and is always updated in terms of cities, country and any new location, I repeat worldwide which when it is used for routes of employment if not for tourist routes this application is the best

Google Maps API review by George G.
GIS/Web GIS Developer & Database Administrator
Civil Engineering

"A complete solution and a hard blow to free custom web mapping."

What do you like best?

The Google Maps API makes publishing a map an easy thing to do. It also complemented with a series of tools that can be integrated easily alongside the map in a web-app that meets your or your client's needs.

What do you dislike?

It does not work well with tools outside the Google Family and it has stopped being free despite using crowdsourcing to function and further develop it's features (e.g. live traffic)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The power of the Google Maps API is its execellent hosting, its interoperability with the other tools and APIs of the Google Family and that is already everywhere. Is it worth using after the pricing changes? It all comes down to: a) If you need all these tools b)If you need that scalabilty? c)If can you afford it d)If you don't have the time and resources to develop these functionalities on your own. If the abovementioned conditions are not met then I would strongly advise you refrain from using Google Maps and move to other web mapping platforms like OpenLayers, Leaflet etc. otherwise you will find that the Google Maps API is a really strong tool and easy to use.

Using Google Maps you have access to: satellite imagery, street maps, places search and info, 360° panoramic views of streets, routing for traveling by foot, car, bicycle, or public transportation and real-time traffic conditions. You can easily overlay and style additional data in a geoJSON format. The Google Maps API can be easily integrated with other Google APIs (geocoding, geolocation, distance matrix, elevation, Google Drive etc.) to provide the tools you need to build a complex Web GIS solution - or the according APIs to let you develop your GIS in android environment.

Google Maps API review by NABIL N.
Secretario
Construction

"Satellite location "

What do you like best?

I like because I can know exactly where I am and where I want to go, I also like that this application gives me different alternatives to reach my destination giving me the opportunity to choose the one that is most feasible for me.When I traveled to the Dominican Republic for the first time and did not know anything Google maps helped me get to all the places I needed to visit in a quick and timely manner, that's why I love this application.

What do you dislike?

Actually this application is good enough to dislike some of it, siembargo I consider the disadvantage is that it can not be used without an internet connection.otherwise I have no complaints, google maps is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love google maps because thanks to this application I can move anywhere thanks to its quick and accurate address, that's why I recommend it with my eyes closed.

I have had great benefits of this application, because thanks to it I can go to any destination safely guided by google maps.

Google Maps API review by Alejandro R. Z.
Especialista Atencion al Cliente

"Google Maps, a better way to see the world."

What do you like best?

Google Maps is the name of a free Google service. It is a map application server on the web. It offers images of scrollable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world and even the route between different locations or images at street level. The best thing about Google Maps is that it is an easy-to-use application that offers the ability to zoom in and out to show the map as well as jump a lot of additional information about a lot of the places in the world, showing routes to reach different from our site where we are located, in addition to allowing us to print, send or link the maps.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantages of this wonderful application are that it necessarily requires an Internet connection and that Google Street View is not yet complete, since it only offers us some cities.

Sometimes the resolution is not very good in some cities not very important, as the level of detail is very low, there are also places that do not appear or some images that are placed are not current

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google is a big company that is doing things well, it must maintain the same focus

One of the biggest advantages that Google Maps offers us are the 3 options of view of Maps: Nominal, Satellite and Terrain, also if a client wants to arrive by public transport, like bus, you can look at the bus stops closest to the business, also is a 100% adaptable tool for any device: Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone. In this way business customers can locate the business from various environments.

Google Maps API review by Rudy J.
Operador
Textiles

"The tool that makes your geographic location easier"

What do you like best?

I like the updated information it offers about the geographical coordinates that you require, it is also very practical and easy to use. I like it because it offers different options to reach a certain territory being an excellent tool that allows us at any given time to present a difficulty in changing the route without having to affect the logistics.

What do you dislike?

I think they should look for some solution in the connection part of the gps, because if you do not have a browser that has great speed it is a little complicated to use it correctly because when you locate any address if you manage to give it you get it wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple tool of great utility, easy use and complete availability. I recommend them to make your work trip as comfortable as possible

In my case, I can say that it has been very useful because I have to work in different cities and I have helped to locate streets, roads, avenues, etc. Making my work trip a pleasant one, as I save time during the trip

Google Maps API review by Lenarda K.
CSR

"Google Map"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Maps because it is pretty accurate with directions. It shows things that in the area of your destination as well as to get to your destination. It also shows the estimated time for travel which is great for planning timed trips.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Google Maps do not always pick up construction and road closures all the time. You would have to get to the close road then turn around before it will reroute your trip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a great free GPS.

Our company have RT that goes to patients houses so this program helps the plan they trip time at the office so they can get the max benefit of seeing the most patient possible.

Google Maps API review by Leila V.
Communications Manager
Individual & Family Services

"The best maps experience out there"

What do you like best?

Google Maps is an all-in-one product. Not only does it give you directions on how to get from point A to point B, it will also give you user ratings and reviews for both, photos of the inside, live updates on how busy it is in each location as well as how much traffic you might run into on the way. I love it!

What do you dislike?

Very rarely, I will be brought to the wrong place (just slightly) or run into an issue where it's taking me through the wrong entrance, a construction zone that's totally blocked off, etc. But I think out of all maps apps out there, Google is the best and most reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!

Google Maps allows me to get to meetings on time without having to stress about how I'm going to get there. I really love the live traffic updates. It also allows people to review MY business, which drives even more business. It's great!

Google Maps API review by Livis F.
Emprendedor independiente
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Title: stay always well located with google maps. "

What do you like best?

What I like most about this application: the most I like about this application, which is completely free, is that it has links to shops, hotels, and interesting monuments related to the search you are doing, it is very easy to use , offers ability to zoom in and out.

What I dislike about this application: at the beginning it was a fairly limited map, with the passage of time has been improving, and I hope that every day is better. Currently the only thing that .

What do you dislike?

I dislike about this application is its approach function, since you have to do it constantly, and like most applications requires that it is connected to the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because I would recommend this program: I can recommend it because it includes images of satellites, which inform us about the traffic situation in different points, any individual can resort to it and know how to get to a destination, without complications, avoid traffic and shorten any distance.

How the application has solved problems, in our company: when looking for an address, it shows you the easiest way to follow to find the address you want, it offers additional information about many places that you want to access What benefits it has generated: Being a simple and clear platform, it has become the favorite of all users, since it is a very useful tool in day to day life.

Google Maps API review by Sofia Carolina F.
Docente
(10,001+ employees)

"with google maps I get where I want. "

What do you like best?

with this application I have not had to waste time looking for addresses, what I like most is that I can use it without starting a session, it can be downloaded as a separate application, it shows satellite images, real and updated.

What do you dislike?

It is very useful and functional I have not had any setbacks, only that when you need an internet service to be able to use it, and show the images, if you are in a place with little signal to the internet it is very difficult to use the application, I would like the images are not so heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free service, I consider it very useful for any user, it is more nowadays many cell phones are already downloaded.

I have had many benefits with this application, because many times I have to visit the houses of my students, either because they have inaccuracies or because they have to talk with their parents, many times they do not go to the institution's call, it is there when I use is aapplication to arrive with more security, in addition to indicating the image and the route that I must take to get more easily, now no address is unknown to me, since I use google maps.

Google Maps API review by Sarah W.
Team lead

"Mapped by Google"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the ability to have access to wherever we need to go and that Google Maps is so easily accessible when we’re on the road for work. It saves the stress and time of having to do the work to get form point a to point b.

What do you dislike?

Like any app, there are often some minor glitches and rerouting that can be frustrating while relying on this device. But nothing some patience can’t help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Maps is a great resource. It provides us with access to travel, transportation, resources, and ease as we travel and transport all around the world - near and far, domestic and international. Google Maps is accessible via all devices including laptops, mobile smart hone devices, and even through Bluetooth devices within mobile transportation and vehicles. The access is somewhat unlimited and therefore Google offers an incredible ability to assist you/us in all directional care and transportation, locating and so much more. Every once in a while, usually due to an area geographically that has not been adequately updated, you will be redirected mid-route or even sent to a wrong location... Even in these situations, Google Maps is quick to make sure you are safe and heading in your preferred direction. Rarely, can you not be properly directed to exactly where you wish to transport. The overall function of Google Maps is easy to access, simple to navigate and understand and offers great support while transporting.

We are able to best serve our environment when we’re showing up to the right places and on-time. It helps us with efficiency.

Google Maps API review by milos t.
ingeniero en sistema
(5001-10,000 employees)

"the safe way to get to my destination"

What do you like best?

I like google maps because it allows me to locate myself, it allows me to know where I am going and where I am, it helps me to select the most appropriate way to reach my destination without losing time in traffic, that is, it shows the best and the other routes that are may prefer to reach the destination. It even tells you the distance along with the fare between your location and destination. It also shows the places that include restaurants, service stations, museums, schools, hospitals, among others. I use it for my personal use and for work activities. It is really a very simple and practical application to locate places and destinations along with the GPS that gives you an exact form for the location of my work, only an internet connection is required. Another of the benefits is that it allows tracing routes of several stages on a map. This tool makes publishing a map easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I could say that it is a complete application, however, to enjoy it you need to have an internet connection, the other aspect is that when it is used on the phone it is a bit slow, it is a bit limited, and it costs to get a signal in mountainous areas and away from the city.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google maps, because this application makes my mobilization to any place easier thanks to its fast and precise address. You do not need GPS with this Google tool, it is very easy to use and very useful for any field of work.

For the institution where I work, it has been a practical and easy to use application, on the one hand, by sending the address of our facilities to anyone interested in visiting us and even to the new students, they can easily get there following the recommended paths. In another sense, it is also easy for us to schedule our meetings in any other place that is close to the location of the university, or if, on the contrary, there are work meetings outside our institution, this application helps to locate immediately the exact route to follow to arrive at the proposed destination. In general, you can easily locate our location on the google map. By using Google Maps, you have access to: satellite images, street maps, search of places and information, 360 ° panoramic views of the streets, routes to travel on foot, automobile, bicycle or public transport and traffic conditions in real time .

Google Maps API review by beatriz g.
Auxiliar de secretaría

"With the Google Maps API we make ourselves known"

What do you like best?

It is an online tool, which only needs a browser and internet connection to access it. It is easy to use, friendly and fast.

As a company, it allows us to place it on the Google map, making it easier for our new representatives to locate us without problems.

I also like that this application offers different alternatives to get to my work or other places that I must visit for work commitments issues, giving me the opportunity to choose the one that is most viable for me

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this application is slow for use in androids phones and it is difficult to get a signal in mountainous and less populated areas. For the rest, I consider Google Maps to be a complete and excellent program

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the Google Maps API, because thanks to it I can move anywhere thanks to its fast and accurate address, that's why I highly recommend it.

This tool helps reach the destination with a relevant route, avoiding for the user lost time and money. It is a multi-use application you can locate landmarks, cafes, hospitals, restaurants, tourist and historical sites, etc. In the company it is used for the exact location where each one of our students resides, important data that is requested in the school management system. It is also a great application that guides you to where you want to go and avoids spending money on a GPS

This application has allowed us to easily locate our address in the Google Maps API and with that, let us know all those families that require our educational services. After using this application, it is easy for us to manage the different addresses of our students to update data in the school management system. In addition, in the moments of making visits outside our school, it has helped us a lot, to know the exact route to follow

Google Maps API review by sophie b.
website designer

"It is a set of programming application / code that lets you design and customize maps."

What do you like best?

It is an open source and it is free for everyone to use.

It saves time for writing a whole code when you get the code from the google maps site.

It also provides step by step tutorial for different programming languages.

In case you have some trouble shooting while executing the code, it also provides with different solutions. The solutions are available on the google maps website

What do you dislike?

The modification is difficult, you might have to through the all the files and code several times.

If you want any modifications the code might give an error, which is very difficult to find.

Any who is expert in programming and coding can understand it, it can be very difficult for the new programmers.

It supports the library and helps you saves time.

It provides more functionality to your website, blogs or apps.

Google Maps API review by lidia m.
Personal docente

"Google Maps a useful application to not get lost"

What do you like best?

It is a useful and easy to use tool because it allows me to locate an address when I have a meeting and I do not know how to get there, and it suggests several alternatives, whether you are traveling by car or walking. I can access it from any device that has internet. It is also a totally free tool.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that to be able to enter all the functions that google maps offers me I must have a good internet signal and a good browser that has a great speed

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple and very useful application to locate any address and also promotes images of scrollable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world and even the route between different locations or images at street level.

It is a tool that facilitates my work because when it comes to locating a route it gives me all the possibilities to reach my destination. And it also offers me the options of view of Maps: Nominal and Satellite. This is a tool that adapts to any device: computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. .

Google Maps API review by Elvira M.
Senior Specialist
Banking

"Navigate, go, find and share new places very easily"

What do you like best?

My most liked feature is location sharing option which is very handy while visiting new places. When there is a meeting or business conference I usually share location link of the place with the participants. Simple sharing feature makes it easy to find needed location with high accuracy. You can also save visited places with pinning option which makes it easy to find that place when needed. Main advantage of Google Maps API is high gps accuracy in any place.

What do you dislike?

While driving car Google Maps offers many alternatives. It is a very good feature for choosing suitable route. But if you touch to screen auto follow feature turns off automatically. You have to follow route manually by hand and it is very distracting. I would like auto follow feature will be permanent in the next updates.

I use it almost every day. It helps me especially when I call taxi and don't know street name. I just enter to Google Maps and see all information about the place with high accuracy.

Google Maps API review by Luis Angel A.
Docente
Primary/Secondary Education

"excellent guide."

What do you like best?

This application allows me to reach my destination in an easier way, it is common to go to a place for the first time and be a bit disoriented, when that is the case then I use my cell phone or my computer and with this application I easily locate.

What do you dislike?

is very up to date, I only indicate the place and I trace the way forward, it is very easy to use, it costs nothing, you must only have access to the internet, it has been very good for me, I am very pleased, I do not see anything negative to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent I recommend it 100%

with this application I have solved daily problems on a personal level.

Google Maps API review by Miguel S.
taxista
(Myself Only)

"The main tool in my work"

What do you like best?

I really like this map application because I can give it different uses. The main one is to consult directions and calculate routes; You can find out the location of any place as well as calculate the route from different points. This route is calculated based on the means of transport chosen to travel between the two points, offering traffic data and other incidents according to the election.

Google Maps also acts as GPS: it can indicate the direction to take on the way to a place, also taking into account here how we are moving. You can also send an address to the navigator of a car without having to type it in it. I love this and I apply it a lot in my work as a taxi driver.

Another of its functions is to consult in detail how is a territory thanks to satellite photos. It also serves to locate businesses such as shops and restaurants and see how they are inside thanks to Google's Business View project.

I love that Google Maps is a tool that also allows the user from his Android to "travel" around the world and explore remote places. I always do it.

What do you dislike?

I like everything from google maps, I have nothing bad to say about this application

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all because Google maps in a very complete application, which allows you to do many things. It is a server of applications of maps in the web that belongs to Alphabet Inc. This service propitiates images of displaceable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world, and even, the route between different locations or images at street level with Google Street View .

I am a taxi driver and I use a lot of Google maps, it is my GPS, I always locate the routes and directions to which I have to take my clients, I use it on my phone and on my laptop, It is excellent!

Google Maps API review by Natacha M.
Jefa del Departamento de Informatica

"Potente Herramienta con funciones de Geolocalización "

What do you like best?

- Permite alejar o acercar el mapa para mejor entendimiento de las rutas.

- Ofrece mucha información sobre una cantidad de lugares al rededor del mundo.

- Muestra la mejor ruta para llegar desde el sitio donde nos encontramos hacia nuestro destino dando indicaciones precisas.

- Podemos enlazar los mapas como también imprimirlos para llevarlos en caso de no tener internet en el destino que buscamos.

- Muestra opciones con mas atractivos turísticos en la zona donde nos encontramos.

- Las imágenes que se obtienen son en 3D y se pueden visualizar como imágenes satelitales de proximidad

What do you dislike?

- Necesariamente tiene que estar conectado a Internet para que pueda funcionar.

- La aplicación de Google Street View no esta completa ya que solo tiene en su base de datos algunas ciudades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deben agregar mas ciudades en la base de datos de Google Street View

- Ayuda a minimizar tiempo encontrando direcciones exactas

Google Maps API review by yoleida h.
directora de un colegio

"Useful application for the satellite location of places in the world"

What do you like best?

It is really a very simple and practical application to locate places. You only need a browser and internet access, for your use. For geography classes with students, you can allow you to plot multi-stage routes on a map. It is easy to operate and is free. The information offered is updated on the geographical coordinates they need from any point on the planet.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a bit slow for use in smartphones. For the rest I consider it an excellent application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to show the real time between the live location and the destination. It is the best application that helps you get to your destination with a relevant route

This application allows to present exact locations in geographical works and larger study projects of the students and professors. When making field visits, it helps us easily locate exact places, programming the pedagogical purpose of them

Google Maps API review by Jose Antonio G.
Gerente

"Recomendado y gratuito"

What do you like best?

Gratuito y muy preciso. Actualmente el mejor para enviar a tus clientes la posición de tu negocio y que te encuentren fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Puede necesitar mucha máquina o mucha batería en máquinas móviles. También depende en móviles del tipo de GPS que incluya el fabricante para el posicionamiento. Si tienes tarifa de datos corta puede generar mucho tráfico y dejarte sin ellos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Imprescindible tanto si quieres usarlo para uso comercial como uso Turístico.

Mis clientes me localizan por internet muy rápido sin necesidad de complicarme mucho con posiciones de grados y minutos. Es muy intuitivo. Ofrece fotos y opiniones de otros usuarios y puntos de interés relevantes cercanos. Útil para todos y editable con preguntas y fotos.

Google Maps API review by Anuja T.
Lawyer
Law Practice

"Best thing ever"

What do you like best?

Google Maps really allows anyone to easily travel for business meetings without worrying about traffic issues, road closures and visiting a completely foreign territory. We have used this app from the remote areas of Canada and the US and have had no issues at all.

What do you dislike?

The only issue with this application is that if you go to very remote places then you need to have a print out of where you are because it does not pick up signals for newer areas nor does it accurately take you to the location itself. However, Google is improving the quality each day and it is still worth investing in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Google Maps over any GPS software.

The benefit of this product is that it allows ease of travel for the employer and employee. There is no time wasted in going to a location and the employer can track how long the travel should've been when invoices are submitted.

Google Maps API review by Elymaria O.
Asistente administrativo sénior
Government Administration

"when I need an exact address google is always there."

What do you like best?

Although it is available to google users for a long time, I have been using it for a short time, it is excellent, it has helped me a lot when it comes to searching for directions, it presents a plan of the place, indicating every detail, as well as a satellite view, it really is very good and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any problem with this application, it is very good really locates me in time and space, is very updated, presenting the place really as it is and the name of the streets and avenues, I can trace my route to my meeting point if I indicate if I go by car or walking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very functional you just need to be connected to the internet.

It has helped me in a personal way since it is an application for personal users, but for companies, it has worked for me to find directions and trace arrival routes.

Google Maps API review by JENNIFER M.
Administrador
(Myself Only)

"I use it all the time!!"

What do you like best?

I really like to access a website that interests me and see that they have Google Maps, so I can easily locate the company, I like the integration with WhatsApp and I can share my location with other people and I love using it on my cell phone to get there to any destination, including knowing the route options to arrive and the estimated time that I take.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that disgusts me. It is an excellent way to locate ourselves in this planet.

I use Google Maps all the time. Both to share my location and to locate other places and people. It's simply great to have this tool. I can estimate even the arrival time, it offers me different routes, etc. It integrates with different softwares and applications and is indispensable for me.

Google Maps API review by Syed A.
Java Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Best guide for all in a strange city ."

What do you like best?

Its really fast in detecting the location based on GPS and navigating to the destination through correct routes .Easy to use . The best guide for all in a strange city .We can find hotels , restaurant easily using map . We can the best routes to the destination using car , bus also .

It also informs us if there is traffic in the city .

What do you dislike?

It is the most useful app for any people at new place . No cons .

Thanks Google .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love using this product and would 100% suggest to use your best guide at a new place i.e Googe Map .

Adding geographical location to any documents for new person .

It connects the people helps customer to find the location easily at any time anywhere .

It helps to find the transport available .

Google Maps API review by Andres C.
Sales Manager

"Location tool "

What do you like best?

the best tool to orientate you offers bus, train, metro routes with your location in real time.

You can use the offline map to plan When you want, it is possible to save your destination and save time to find the places.

What do you dislike?

I do not know if it's just me or it's the app .. Before I marked all the existing routes, car, public transport, bicycle, walking and taxis. now marks everything, except public transport routes in general

is a very good solution helped me to locate and move with greater ease

Google Maps API review by Joshua  M.
Chief Auditor
Management Consulting
(Myself Only)

"The best map development tool available!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Google maps API is to use. It has been so easy to have interactive maps on web pages. Google maps API is intuitive and easy to use

What do you dislike?

It's not a dislike, per se, but something I wish google maps API had was crowdsourcing code that would allow you to alter map functionality based on conditions. Google maps API makes it so easy to add a map of your location onto your website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Google maps API It is a quick and easy way to incorporate a map of your location onto your website or much more.

Used Google maps to implement a search tool on a website. The location we have is difficult to find, so I added a custom map to the web page.

Google Maps API review by Dan O.
Managing Director
Internet

"Robust Geo-coding Solution "

What do you like best?

It works in Australia and makes use of a route map rather than working "as the crow flies." It's a robust and reliable solution to identify the quickest route between two points automatically.

What do you dislike?

When using the free experience, the solution will simply stop working and stop providing results without prior warning.

There is a limit to the amount of 'markers' that one can place on a Google map at once.

We use Google Maps to convert a users postcode and suburb into a longitude and latitude, then identify the nearest buying centre or driver. By ranking buying centres by the buying centre that is closest we are able to provide the most relevant location first when offering the opportunity to book an appointment.

Google Maps API review by Carolina A.
VP Talento Humano GrupoSanchoBBDO/ RRHH