Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Google Maps API

(92 reviews)

Google Maps API is a mapping platform that includes driving directions, Street View imagery and others.

Work for Google Maps API?

Learning about Google Maps API?

Google Maps API Reviews

Showing 96 Google Maps API reviews
Google Maps API review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Best Maps App!"

What do you like best?

Honestly, no other maps app has anything on Google Maps! I am an iphone user and lover, but the iPhone map app is trash! I have been on trips with people who use the apple maps app and then were misled, while Google maps app was correct! I love that if I search something on the desktop, it saves and that when I go to search the same address on my phone app, it is there!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that I dislike about Google Maps. It is a very intuitive app. The live traffic feature is very helpful, but sometimes it is not updated as often as it should be. Love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not Waze so do not expect a large community of users to advise. Also, Google Maps is not going to let you know if there are police officers in the area. I recommend bookmarking places you visit often so they are easier to locate and search when traveling. For example, establish where "Home" and "work" are. This is helpful when planning ahead. If you know from where you will be traveling (home or work) Google maps can help you determine the details of your trip.

We don't use Google Maps that often in our business, but we have had to use them in the past when giving directions to visitors and potential donors. We also use Google maps when we draft maps of exit routes from the building.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Maps API
Google Maps API review by Keila B.
Keila B.

"Google maps, without a doubt the best location program worldwide."

What do you like best?

The best thing about google maps is that it allows you to place the company on the map in a literal way, in addition to giving customers the ability to rate their experience in our facilities, besides being super practical as it allows you to choose a destination and leaving from an initial position which is marked on the map directly suggests several routes, also analyzing if you are in car, bicycle or walking. Another of its great advantages is that it informs you of the routes of public transport and at all times it keeps you informed of your precise location if you have GPS.

What do you dislike?

One of the few things I do not like about google maps is that if you use it from the mobile it becomes a bit slow, even if the data connection is good, I think you should better compress the maps for mobile versions. But in general lines is an excellent program the best of its kind without doubts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a program that I recommend with your eyes closed, has the backing of a giant company like google, what else can I say the amount of benefits it provides with respect to its low cost make it the best application in their field.

The best thing that Google Maps has done for our company is to be able to position ourselves on the map, so that customers know where we are located and also qualify qualitatively as well as quantitatively the performance of our employees and know what aspects we should improve when it comes to lending the best customer service

What GIS solution do you use?

Google Maps API review by Isabel Josefina D.
Isabel Josefina D.

"It's excellent service, thanks google for that."

What do you like best?

is an application with many advantages, can be used on computer and cell phone, no need to have an account or access to gmail to use it, on the google page with any browser is available, the images are all real and updated, too You can see satellite, it also shows me the rough access to any place you indicate in the search engine, it is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

With this application, I have done very well, I have never had any setbacks. but the limitation that it has is that it must be used with the internet to access the maps. If you are in a place with little signal and you need to look for an address, this will be impossible because you can not load the image well, since it is very heavy.

for my google maps it has been very useful, since I use it I have not had to worry about not knowing the address of some place, since I can get to where I want in a short time, thanks to the routes that I trace I can see the best way to reach.

Google Maps API review by Jose Gregorio G.
Jose Gregorio G.

"my location in space."

What do you like best?

I like google maps because it allows me to locate myself in space, know where I am and where I need to go and above all, it helps me to select the most appropriate way to reach my destination without losing time for traffic.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there are times I lose the connection in a route and I can not reach my destination, however I consider that it is not a problem of the application but of my connection to the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google maps is a very easy to use and very useful application for any work field therefore I recommend it.

Google maps has benefited me a lot in my work as a barber, because thanks to this application I can do my work at home no matter what part of the state the client is in, because I only put the address where I want to go and google maps tells me the most appropriate way to reach my destination.

Google Maps API review by Tina .
Tina .

"Google Maps"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can get mapping from anywhere. Just pull it up on my device, phone and put in the address where I want to go and via my location, it will map me from where I am currently at and give me the best route. I used Google maps when we traveled all the states from the middle of the USA and all the east coast in 2016. Was easy finding places with google maps by asking it what is near me for something we were looking for.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I cannot get a signal in less populated areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great app that will get you to where you want instead of spending money on a GPS. Google Maps is the way to go. Super user friendly and you can't go wrong.

It ables me to get to anywhere when I become lost and unable to find where I am going because my normal GPS is trying to direct me off a bridge or into a ditch.

Google Maps API review by Er. Monika K.
Er. Monika K.

"Find the best, relevant & your favorite place globally via Google Maps"

What do you like best?

Google Maps API is really one of the best applications I am using since last 4-5 years which comes with a User-friendly interface that a person of any age can use it easily. I am using this for my personal use and for official purpose as well. Even the managers and the management team can use it to guide our customers. It shows the best as well the some other routes which a person can prefer to reach our destination. It even tells you the distance along with fare between your location and destination. It's really very simple and practical application to locate places and destination along with the GPS that gives you an exact form for our location. One of the best part of this product is that it displays the landmarks near by or any other place between the route. The application gains user traffic as there is an option which tells a user to book any cab like OLA or Uber using this app which specifics the minimum or maximum fare of the cab. The best part which I like about this Google Map API is that it also show the places at your near by location. Those places includes coffee shops, restaurants, fuel stations, schools, hospitals, and many more.

What do you dislike?

As far as I have used this Google Maps Application, I didn't get any negative aspect for this Google Maps API. But, what I feel lacking is that sometimes it shows the time duration to our destination double the actual time between our location and the destination. Except this point, it is perfect application to search for any route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to show the actual time between the live location and the destination. It is the best application which helps you to reach your destination with a relevant path.

This app has resolved many of our business issues like we can esily locate our address on this Google Maps API. After using this application it becomes easy for us to manage different routes to perform different testing operations for the internet services. In addition, it easily helps to locate exact places for my new offices along with internet services. It is very helpful not for our management team only, but even helped our team to locate and find address of our clients as well as leads. So, it becomes easy for us to just send the address of our office to a client or any other person and he or she can easily reach there by following the recommended paths. It becomes easy for us to schedule our meetings at any restaurant or a coffee shop near our location or our clients location.

Google Maps API review by Ramón  R.
Ramón R.

"No te pierdas con Google Maps."

What do you like best?

Es una aplicación en línea y multiplataforma, que tan solo necesitas un navegador y conexión internet para acceder a ella.

Es simple, amigable y rápida.

Como empresa, nos va a permitir situarnos en el mapa de Google siendo más fácil que nuestros clientes o alumnos nos encuentren y visiten.

Es muy práctica, te permite elegir un destino y una posición de inicio (puede ser la que marque el gps) y te sugiere varias rutas, en función de si vas en coche o andando.

Si vas en transporte público , te dice qué numeros de autobus o metro debes coger.

Si tienes GPS además te marcará el lugar exacto en el que estás en todo momento.

Si lo usas como navegador en tu coche, te avisa de posibles retenciones y te cambia la ruta para optimizar tu llegada a destino.

Te indica lugares de interés cercanos, así como comercios, restaurantes, etc.

Te va a permitir trazar rutas de varias etapas en un mapa.

Es gratisd

What do you dislike?

Si quieres acceder a todas las opciones para darle uso en tu empresa sí que debes pasar por caja. Aunque con la versión básica gratuita nos ha sido suficiente de momento.

Si vas al extranjero y no vas a tener conexión, no podrás usar la aplicación a no ser que te bajes los mapas que vas a visitar antes, lo cual consume mucho espacio en disco.

A veces es un poco lento si se utiliza del smartphone.

Si lo usas como navegador en tu coche, no te avisa del límite de la carretera ni la velocidad a la que vas.

Por lo demás estamos bastante contentos con la aplicación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cuidado con adquerir la versión premium para Bussiness pues desde el pasado verano de 2018 han subido los precios.

Es cierto que se puede uno apañar con la básica y nadie tendrá problemas para que nos encuentren en el mapa y visiten nuestra sede.

A la hora de hacer visitas fuera de nuestra empresa nos ha ayudado muchísimo, al indicarnos en seguida la ruta exacta más rapida a seguir.

En los viajes al extranjero, ayuda a moverte como si estuvieras en casa por la ciudad que visitas, gracias a las opciones stree view.

Nos ha ayudado tambien a posicionarnos en el mapa y a que nuestros clientes nos encuentren y nos visiten de forma rápida.

Todo ellos sin realizar ningún tipo de inversión económica.

Google Maps API review by Jimi N.
Jimi N.

"An excellent tool for your global location"

What do you like best?

What is a fairly simple and practical application in which you can do many things such as locating places and destinations, has a very particular application as is the GPS this gives you an exact form for your location.

What do you dislike?

I dislike few things about this API as for example that when you are using the smarphone is a little slow, additional that you have a short number to place markers in the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent tool for multiple uses, which will give you abundant benefits.

With this application I have been able to manage different routes to perform different drive tests in my employment as a radio frequency engineer. In addition, it has allowed me to locate exact places for the installation of hydrometeorological stations, in addition to it together with other applications and this I have managed to predict as is the type of terrain to do radio link studies.

Google Maps API review by Glendon T.
Glendon T.

"New Price Hikes - BEWARE!"

What do you like best?

Its an awesome API, great documentation, quality data.

What do you dislike?

Sooooo... I just got charged over 7,000 dollars on my personal credit card because of this, worst of all, it was for a project at an old company that I no longer work for and didn't realize my personal card was hooked up. I built something as a POC for the company, programming it under the old limits. Left and forgot about it. They still use it. Then they emailed my old company email about the price hikes 2 weeks ago (which I obviously didn't get). They then told me "Support Portal access is only for customers who have purchased a Premium Enterprise license" :O

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful about their new pricing. This went into effect on July 16th I am writing this review as of August 2nd. If you want more information about the changes check this out. http://geoawesomeness.com/developers-up-in-arms-over-google-maps-api-insane-price-hike/

Business data with the places API

Google Maps API review by Leidy E.
Leidy E.

"Satellite map and locator"

What do you like best?

Google Maps is an excellent tool because it offers me the ability to zoom in and zoom out to show the map. I can control the map from my smart phone until I move to the location I want. Just enter an address, street, intersection will guide me to the desired destination.

What do you dislike?

This is a very good application but unfortunately for you functions you should have internet connection and another thing is that the interface created for the mobile is a bit limited in terms of the markers' siponymity found on the PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

This service is not only a system for calculating trajectories and cartography like many others, it is an application that thanks to the rapidity with the work facilitates your work management by improving the quality of the service that is provided in terms of face-to-face attention.

It gives me ease of tracing routes for faster way to perform technical assistance work, in my case for installation of satellite equipment reaching quickly, accurately and above all safe, generating a satisfaction as far as concerns. already with this application can calculate the time of arrival at the site of the intalacion, which is the most feasible route and also lets me know what type of terrain in which we will work. This is an application te muentra streets, gives you points of references from any part of the world and is always updated in terms of cities, country and any new location, I repeat worldwide which when it is used for routes of employment if not for tourist routes this application is the best

Google Maps API review by George G.
George G.

"A complete solution and a hard blow to free custom web mapping."

What do you like best?

The Google Maps API makes publishing a map an easy thing to do. It also complemented with a series of tools that can be integrated easily alongside the map in a web-app that meets your or your client's needs.

What do you dislike?

It does not work well with tools outside the Google Family and it has stopped being free despite using crowdsourcing to function and further develop it's features (e.g. live traffic)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The power of the Google Maps API is its execellent hosting, its interoperability with the other tools and APIs of the Google Family and that is already everywhere. Is it worth using after the pricing changes? It all comes down to: a) If you need all these tools b)If you need that scalabilty? c)If can you afford it d)If you don't have the time and resources to develop these functionalities on your own. If the abovementioned conditions are not met then I would strongly advise you refrain from using Google Maps and move to other web mapping platforms like OpenLayers, Leaflet etc. otherwise you will find that the Google Maps API is a really strong tool and easy to use.

Using Google Maps you have access to: satellite imagery, street maps, places search and info, 360° panoramic views of streets, routing for traveling by foot, car, bicycle, or public transportation and real-time traffic conditions. You can easily overlay and style additional data in a geoJSON format. The Google Maps API can be easily integrated with other Google APIs (geocoding, geolocation, distance matrix, elevation, Google Drive etc.) to provide the tools you need to build a complex Web GIS solution - or the according APIs to let you develop your GIS in android environment.

Google Maps API review by NABIL N.
NABIL N.

"Satellite location "

What do you like best?

I like because I can know exactly where I am and where I want to go, I also like that this application gives me different alternatives to reach my destination giving me the opportunity to choose the one that is most feasible for me.When I traveled to the Dominican Republic for the first time and did not know anything Google maps helped me get to all the places I needed to visit in a quick and timely manner, that's why I love this application.

What do you dislike?

Actually this application is good enough to dislike some of it, siembargo I consider the disadvantage is that it can not be used without an internet connection.otherwise I have no complaints, google maps is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love google maps because thanks to this application I can move anywhere thanks to its quick and accurate address, that's why I recommend it with my eyes closed.

I have had great benefits of this application, because thanks to it I can go to any destination safely guided by google maps.

Google Maps API review by Alejandro R. Z.
Alejandro R. Z.

"Google Maps, a better way to see the world."

What do you like best?

Google Maps is the name of a free Google service. It is a map application server on the web. It offers images of scrollable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world and even the route between different locations or images at street level. The best thing about Google Maps is that it is an easy-to-use application that offers the ability to zoom in and out to show the map as well as jump a lot of additional information about a lot of the places in the world, showing routes to reach different from our site where we are located, in addition to allowing us to print, send or link the maps.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantages of this wonderful application are that it necessarily requires an Internet connection and that Google Street View is not yet complete, since it only offers us some cities.

Sometimes the resolution is not very good in some cities not very important, as the level of detail is very low, there are also places that do not appear or some images that are placed are not current

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google is a big company that is doing things well, it must maintain the same focus

One of the biggest advantages that Google Maps offers us are the 3 options of view of Maps: Nominal, Satellite and Terrain, also if a client wants to arrive by public transport, like bus, you can look at the bus stops closest to the business, also is a 100% adaptable tool for any device: Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone. In this way business customers can locate the business from various environments.

Google Maps API review by Rudy J.
Rudy J.

"The tool that makes your geographic location easier"

What do you like best?

I like the updated information it offers about the geographical coordinates that you require, it is also very practical and easy to use. I like it because it offers different options to reach a certain territory being an excellent tool that allows us at any given time to present a difficulty in changing the route without having to affect the logistics.

What do you dislike?

I think they should look for some solution in the connection part of the gps, because if you do not have a browser that has great speed it is a little complicated to use it correctly because when you locate any address if you manage to give it you get it wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple tool of great utility, easy use and complete availability. I recommend them to make your work trip as comfortable as possible

In my case, I can say that it has been very useful because I have to work in different cities and I have helped to locate streets, roads, avenues, etc. Making my work trip a pleasant one, as I save time during the trip

Google Maps API review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Mapped by Google"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the ability to have access to wherever we need to go and that Google Maps is so easily accessible when we’re on the road for work. It saves the stress and time of having to do the work to get form point a to point b.

What do you dislike?

Like any app, there are often some minor glitches and rerouting that can be frustrating while relying on this device. But nothing some patience can’t help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Maps is a great resource. It provides us with access to travel, transportation, resources, and ease as we travel and transport all around the world - near and far, domestic and international. Google Maps is accessible via all devices including laptops, mobile smart hone devices, and even through Bluetooth devices within mobile transportation and vehicles. The access is somewhat unlimited and therefore Google offers an incredible ability to assist you/us in all directional care and transportation, locating and so much more. Every once in a while, usually due to an area geographically that has not been adequately updated, you will be redirected mid-route or even sent to a wrong location... Even in these situations, Google Maps is quick to make sure you are safe and heading in your preferred direction. Rarely, can you not be properly directed to exactly where you wish to transport. The overall function of Google Maps is easy to access, simple to navigate and understand and offers great support while transporting.

We are able to best serve our environment when we’re showing up to the right places and on-time. It helps us with efficiency.

Google Maps API review by milos t.
milos t.

"the safe way to get to my destination"

What do you like best?

I like google maps because it allows me to locate myself, it allows me to know where I am going and where I am, it helps me to select the most appropriate way to reach my destination without losing time in traffic, that is, it shows the best and the other routes that are may prefer to reach the destination. It even tells you the distance along with the fare between your location and destination. It also shows the places that include restaurants, service stations, museums, schools, hospitals, among others. I use it for my personal use and for work activities. It is really a very simple and practical application to locate places and destinations along with the GPS that gives you an exact form for the location of my work, only an internet connection is required. Another of the benefits is that it allows tracing routes of several stages on a map. This tool makes publishing a map easy to do.

What do you dislike?

I could say that it is a complete application, however, to enjoy it you need to have an internet connection, the other aspect is that when it is used on the phone it is a bit slow, it is a bit limited, and it costs to get a signal in mountainous areas and away from the city.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google maps, because this application makes my mobilization to any place easier thanks to its fast and precise address. You do not need GPS with this Google tool, it is very easy to use and very useful for any field of work.

For the institution where I work, it has been a practical and easy to use application, on the one hand, by sending the address of our facilities to anyone interested in visiting us and even to the new students, they can easily get there following the recommended paths. In another sense, it is also easy for us to schedule our meetings in any other place that is close to the location of the university, or if, on the contrary, there are work meetings outside our institution, this application helps to locate immediately the exact route to follow to arrive at the proposed destination. In general, you can easily locate our location on the google map. By using Google Maps, you have access to: satellite images, street maps, search of places and information, 360 ° panoramic views of the streets, routes to travel on foot, automobile, bicycle or public transport and traffic conditions in real time .

Google Maps API review by beatriz g.
beatriz g.

"With the Google Maps API we make ourselves known"

What do you like best?

It is an online tool, which only needs a browser and internet connection to access it. It is easy to use, friendly and fast.

As a company, it allows us to place it on the Google map, making it easier for our new representatives to locate us without problems.

I also like that this application offers different alternatives to get to my work or other places that I must visit for work commitments issues, giving me the opportunity to choose the one that is most viable for me

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this application is slow for use in androids phones and it is difficult to get a signal in mountainous and less populated areas. For the rest, I consider Google Maps to be a complete and excellent program

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the Google Maps API, because thanks to it I can move anywhere thanks to its fast and accurate address, that's why I highly recommend it.

This tool helps reach the destination with a relevant route, avoiding for the user lost time and money. It is a multi-use application you can locate landmarks, cafes, hospitals, restaurants, tourist and historical sites, etc. In the company it is used for the exact location where each one of our students resides, important data that is requested in the school management system. It is also a great application that guides you to where you want to go and avoids spending money on a GPS

This application has allowed us to easily locate our address in the Google Maps API and with that, let us know all those families that require our educational services. After using this application, it is easy for us to manage the different addresses of our students to update data in the school management system. In addition, in the moments of making visits outside our school, it has helped us a lot, to know the exact route to follow

Google Maps API review by lidia m.
lidia m.

"Google Maps a useful application to not get lost"

What do you like best?

It is a useful and easy to use tool because it allows me to locate an address when I have a meeting and I do not know how to get there, and it suggests several alternatives, whether you are traveling by car or walking. I can access it from any device that has internet. It is also a totally free tool.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that to be able to enter all the functions that google maps offers me I must have a good internet signal and a good browser that has a great speed

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple and very useful application to locate any address and also promotes images of scrollable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world and even the route between different locations or images at street level.

It is a tool that facilitates my work because when it comes to locating a route it gives me all the possibilities to reach my destination. And it also offers me the options of view of Maps: Nominal and Satellite. This is a tool that adapts to any device: computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. .

Google Maps API review by Elvira M.
Elvira M.

"Navigate, go, find and share new places very easily"

What do you like best?

My most liked feature is location sharing option which is very handy while visiting new places. When there is a meeting or business conference I usually share location link of the place with the participants. Simple sharing feature makes it easy to find needed location with high accuracy. You can also save visited places with pinning option which makes it easy to find that place when needed. Main advantage of Google Maps API is high gps accuracy in any place.

What do you dislike?

While driving car Google Maps offers many alternatives. It is a very good feature for choosing suitable route. But if you touch to screen auto follow feature turns off automatically. You have to follow route manually by hand and it is very distracting. I would like auto follow feature will be permanent in the next updates.

I use it almost every day. It helps me especially when I call taxi and don't know street name. I just enter to Google Maps and see all information about the place with high accuracy.

Google Maps API review by Luis Angel A.
Luis Angel A.

"excellent guide."

What do you like best?

This application allows me to reach my destination in an easier way, it is common to go to a place for the first time and be a bit disoriented, when that is the case then I use my cell phone or my computer and with this application I easily locate.

What do you dislike?

is very up to date, I only indicate the place and I trace the way forward, it is very easy to use, it costs nothing, you must only have access to the internet, it has been very good for me, I am very pleased, I do not see anything negative to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent I recommend it 100%

with this application I have solved daily problems on a personal level.

Google Maps API review by Miguel S.
Miguel S.

"The main tool in my work"

What do you like best?

I really like this map application because I can give it different uses. The main one is to consult directions and calculate routes; You can find out the location of any place as well as calculate the route from different points. This route is calculated based on the means of transport chosen to travel between the two points, offering traffic data and other incidents according to the election.

Google Maps also acts as GPS: it can indicate the direction to take on the way to a place, also taking into account here how we are moving. You can also send an address to the navigator of a car without having to type it in it. I love this and I apply it a lot in my work as a taxi driver.

Another of its functions is to consult in detail how is a territory thanks to satellite photos. It also serves to locate businesses such as shops and restaurants and see how they are inside thanks to Google's Business View project.

I love that Google Maps is a tool that also allows the user from his Android to "travel" around the world and explore remote places. I always do it.

What do you dislike?

I like everything from google maps, I have nothing bad to say about this application

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all because Google maps in a very complete application, which allows you to do many things. It is a server of applications of maps in the web that belongs to Alphabet Inc. This service propitiates images of displaceable maps, as well as satellite photographs of the world, and even, the route between different locations or images at street level with Google Street View .

I am a taxi driver and I use a lot of Google maps, it is my GPS, I always locate the routes and directions to which I have to take my clients, I use it on my phone and on my laptop, It is excellent!

Google Maps API review by Natacha M.
Natacha M.

"Potente Herramienta con funciones de Geolocalización "

What do you like best?

- Permite alejar o acercar el mapa para mejor entendimiento de las rutas.

- Ofrece mucha información sobre una cantidad de lugares al rededor del mundo.

- Muestra la mejor ruta para llegar desde el sitio donde nos encontramos hacia nuestro destino dando indicaciones precisas.

- Podemos enlazar los mapas como también imprimirlos para llevarlos en caso de no tener internet en el destino que buscamos.

- Muestra opciones con mas atractivos turísticos en la zona donde nos encontramos.

- Las imágenes que se obtienen son en 3D y se pueden visualizar como imágenes satelitales de proximidad

What do you dislike?

- Necesariamente tiene que estar conectado a Internet para que pueda funcionar.

- La aplicación de Google Street View no esta completa ya que solo tiene en su base de datos algunas ciudades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deben agregar mas ciudades en la base de datos de Google Street View

- Ayuda a minimizar tiempo encontrando direcciones exactas

Google Maps API review by yoleida h.
yoleida h.

"Useful application for the satellite location of places in the world"

What do you like best?

It is really a very simple and practical application to locate places. You only need a browser and internet access, for your use. For geography classes with students, you can allow you to plot multi-stage routes on a map. It is easy to operate and is free. The information offered is updated on the geographical coordinates they need from any point on the planet.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a bit slow for use in smartphones. For the rest I consider it an excellent application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to show the real time between the live location and the destination. It is the best application that helps you get to your destination with a relevant route

This application allows to present exact locations in geographical works and larger study projects of the students and professors. When making field visits, it helps us easily locate exact places, programming the pedagogical purpose of them

Google Maps API review by Jose Antonio G.
Jose Antonio G.

"Recomendado y gratuito"

What do you like best?

Gratuito y muy preciso. Actualmente el mejor para enviar a tus clientes la posición de tu negocio y que te encuentren fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Puede necesitar mucha máquina o mucha batería en máquinas móviles. También depende en móviles del tipo de GPS que incluya el fabricante para el posicionamiento. Si tienes tarifa de datos corta puede generar mucho tráfico y dejarte sin ellos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Imprescindible tanto si quieres usarlo para uso comercial como uso Turístico.

Mis clientes me localizan por internet muy rápido sin necesidad de complicarme mucho con posiciones de grados y minutos. Es muy intuitivo. Ofrece fotos y opiniones de otros usuarios y puntos de interés relevantes cercanos. Útil para todos y editable con preguntas y fotos.

Google Maps API review by Anuja T.
Anuja T.

"Best thing ever"

What do you like best?

Google Maps really allows anyone to easily travel for business meetings without worrying about traffic issues, road closures and visiting a completely foreign territory. We have used this app from the remote areas of Canada and the US and have had no issues at all.

What do you dislike?

The only issue with this application is that if you go to very remote places then you need to have a print out of where you are because it does not pick up signals for newer areas nor does it accurately take you to the location itself. However, Google is improving the quality each day and it is still worth investing in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Google Maps over any GPS software.

The benefit of this product is that it allows ease of travel for the employer and employee. There is no time wasted in going to a location and the employer can track how long the travel should've been when invoices are submitted.

Google Maps API review by Elymaria O.
Elymaria O.

"when I need an exact address google is always there."

What do you like best?

Although it is available to google users for a long time, I have been using it for a short time, it is excellent, it has helped me a lot when it comes to searching for directions, it presents a plan of the place, indicating every detail, as well as a satellite view, it really is very good and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any problem with this application, it is very good really locates me in time and space, is very updated, presenting the place really as it is and the name of the streets and avenues, I can trace my route to my meeting point if I indicate if I go by car or walking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very functional you just need to be connected to the internet.

It has helped me in a personal way since it is an application for personal users, but for companies, it has worked for me to find directions and trace arrival routes.

Google Maps API review by Syed A.
Syed A.

"Best guide for all in a strange city ."

What do you like best?

Its really fast in detecting the location based on GPS and navigating to the destination through correct routes .Easy to use . The best guide for all in a strange city .We can find hotels , restaurant easily using map . We can the best routes to the destination using car , bus also .

It also informs us if there is traffic in the city .

What do you dislike?

It is the most useful app for any people at new place . No cons .

Thanks Google .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love using this product and would 100% suggest to use your best guide at a new place i.e Googe Map .

Adding geographical location to any documents for new person .

It connects the people helps customer to find the location easily at any time anywhere .

It helps to find the transport available .

Google Maps API review by Dan O.
Dan O.

"Robust Geo-coding Solution "

What do you like best?

It works in Australia and makes use of a route map rather than working "as the crow flies." It's a robust and reliable solution to identify the quickest route between two points automatically.

What do you dislike?

When using the free experience, the solution will simply stop working and stop providing results without prior warning.

There is a limit to the amount of 'markers' that one can place on a Google map at once.

We use Google Maps to convert a users postcode and suburb into a longitude and latitude, then identify the nearest buying centre or driver. By ranking buying centres by the buying centre that is closest we are able to provide the most relevant location first when offering the opportunity to book an appointment.

Google Maps API review by Joey T.
Joey T.

"Could be great, but isn't even good."

What do you like best?

It provides GPS tracking of you and your location, uses Transit service info and Uber and Lyft to get you around. The integration of your personal info is also used to accomplish this, which borders a fine line between privacy invasion and convenience.

What do you dislike?

The app does not use the compass that's on your device. That makes knowing which direction you face literally impossible. It does not notify you of your destination when you arrive there, or when you're going there, which is very inconvenient. It does not inform you of how many blocks you need to travel, but informs you of feet or miles, which is often indeterminable. It uses outdated route numbers nobody knows roads by, instead of their common names, for example: The Notification would announce "Continue on local route "630" for 1000 feet", instead of saying "continue on Market street for 3 blocks". It's very simple to make this software extremely convenient, but it hasn't been done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once they make the necessary adjustments, it Might work better.

It enhances my transportation abilities when I need to get to unknown locations while transporting goods to customers, people to destinations and need to provide a service to others.

Google Maps API review by Stacey R.
Stacey R.

"Maps with ease"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to have Google Maps accessible directly from our website.

What do you dislike?

There's little I can think of that I dislike about Maps API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goggle Maps API is an easy and efficient way to add Maps for whatever purpose needed to your website. Whether using Maps API or something similar, having direct access to directions, addresses, views of location, etc. directly on your website is a healthy business practice. Google Maps API is an easy and effective way to incorporate that practice. Best solution IMO.

Having Maps accessible directly from our website increases the amount of time visitors are spending on our page rather than navigating off and opening a new tab to access Maps which can ultimately navigate site visitors to other sites rather than spending time on ours. The longer a potential customer spends on our website, the higher the likelihood of them to buy our products and services.

Google Maps API review by Celia H.
Celia H.

"This helps our patrons know where to find us!"

What do you like best?

We recently got a new Outreach van for our library system and it is a fantastic tool to reach out to the community. What is hard for both staff and patrons is to keep up with where it's at!

What do you dislike?

It's pretty slow sometimes, if you are trying to view the location on a phone especially. Which is problematic if you are trying to find our Outreach van when you are out and about in the community. I cannot make adjustments to this. Only our website administrator is able to change MARCOs location.

We are helping our patrons find us when we are involved in HUGE public gatherings. We live in a city that has lots of festivals in the summer and we, as a library, are often involved in these but with so many vendors and so much commotion it can be hard to find us. Google Maps API helps us with that by allowing our patrons to pinpoint our active location on a map.

Google Maps API review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"the only GPS I trust "

What do you like best?

Honestly, the reliability. I have an iPhone, and have actually deleted the standard apple maps in favor of google. I travel to different locations for work, and google maps is the only system that I trust to be quick and effective.

What do you dislike?

It takes up more space than my original maps system, and space is always a premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Delete whatever you are using and just use google maps.

Google maps is a trustworthy way to go between offices and make sure I reach my destination safely. Some of our more remote offices don't even show up on apple maps!

Google Maps API review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Google maps review ! "

What do you like best?

I absolutely love google maps. It is so easy to use and I have not had an issue with it thus far

What do you dislike?

The only thing I “disliked” was that I missed my turn and it did not re-route me fast enough so I got lost. But that could have been due to lack of cell service?

Problems that are being solved are that since I have google maps I know where I’m going and gives me an estimated time that it will take to get there so I have been on time for my appointments, unlike in the past. This would also be a huge benefit. I used to use mapquest, but google maps popped up one day and decided to give it a try and liked it so much more!

Google Maps API review by Sapna P.
Sapna P.

"Say no to paper maps"

What do you like best?

It has made our work so easy. If we want to travel anywhere google maps are always with us to let us know how far the destination is and how much time it might take. Also it gets connected with the taxi services and makes our job easy. Love it

What do you dislike?

If we change the destination, it keeps on rerouting which sometimes confuses me. Well otherwise it is a really good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We can send out location to students visiting our center through google maps

Google Maps API review by Courtney N.
Courtney N.

"Awesome tool for Local Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily download it, and make it available on my local clients websites. It is extremely easy to use, and it is very reliable. You can access it via desktop or smartphone, and once it is set up you do not require maintenance.

What do you dislike?

It is a great tool, but it does drain my smartphone battery quickly. A few times I have also had it glitch, and fail to send me directions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app, very helpful in finding geo locations. Ease of use, and connects to any smartphone. It's also great to check traffic updates, and very reliable.

I use google maps for my clients, who are local businesses. It helps them reach out to the community, and become more visible.

Google Maps API review by James F.
James F.

"Very powerful Maps API."

What do you like best?

You only need a few steps to get your free API and then import that into your own website. Once it's setup it require no further maintenance.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit difficult to ind what you are looking. Also Getting it setup can be a bit complicated if you are a novice to programming or API's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a bit complex to use and is hugely powerful. There isn't really another option for mapping that's as widely used as Google Maps.

We were wanting to display different locations on google maps across several websites. For this we used a free Maps Javascript API.

Google Maps API review by Susana Marina R.
Susana Marina R.

"Take a map to the palm of your hand"

What do you like best?

I can access the application from my smart phone quickly and without complications when using it, showing an exact answer and helping me to collect exact information

What do you dislike?

the application gives the results, but not so fast and make the search late

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it correctly to obtain excellent results since it is an application that gives correct answers to your users

the application allows you to do searches in a concise way without allowing mistakes, which makes the customers are satisfied, helps to have great benefit

Google Maps API review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Inaccurate Mapping App"

What do you like best?

I do like that this is ALWAYS available, but the accuracy of the traffic, construction, and best routes is frustrating and dangerous from my experience. There have been more bad experiences than good and I can feel my blood pressure rising when I use this app.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of the mapping system is heavily flawed. I have been stuck in the mud, sent in circles, and have been lost more times than I can count.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use a backup system or plan ahead when traveling to unknown destinations. The traffic is not updated, in my opinion, and the heavily constructed areas are confusing.

I usually use a GPS in the vehicle because of the previous experience that I have endured with this product. The last time I used it, was about a month ago and I was on my way to an out of town business meeting, I ended up stuck in the med, covered in mud, and had to video conference the meeting. It was a disaster.

Google Maps API review by ronald s.
ronald s.

"The most comfortable tool to locate places anywhere in the world."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this program, is that you can download it anywhere and it's totally free and that in turn has spectacular satellite images very up-to-date (depending on the city).

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the method of creating keys, since many times they do not arrive or they are slow to arrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you document a little before acquiring this program since you have many API applications. Many can be adapted to your needs. To better manage or understand this program I recommend that you have help from a programmer.

Google is a very useful tool because it helps me a lot to get places, land or buildings in a very fast way with either vector or raster information.

Google Maps API review by Hemdeep M.
Hemdeep M.
View Original

"Google Maps - A Local Guide review"

What do you like best?

Because it gives information about the place at one click and also provides some details to some extent.

What do you dislike?

It is so good but at the same it fail to give update about newest route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use google maps. If you are new boy or girl in the city.

i am a local guide at google maps verified by google and helping the google maps to add missing place. so we can have the updated route, we can take when using google maps.

Google Maps API review by User

"Excellent maps and satellite images."

What do you like best?

This is an excellent application offered by google, thanks to my google account I have access to these updated maps that allow me to locate anywhere, thanks to their routes, they are 100% reliable because they are updated, it also has satellite images to be much more precise.

What do you dislike?

I could not mention anything negative, it is a very useful service, and in addition to everything free, you only need access to the internet so that the images can load easily, I am very pleased with this service.

Google maps has helped me find directions in a very easy way just by placing the place in the search engine, google shows me the exact coordinates.

Google Maps API review by Paige E.
Paige E.

"Getting me out of Jams"

What do you like best?

When I truly don't know where to find a potential client or have gotten lost on the way back from a client, Google Maps has aided in getting me where I needed to be. Also with finding the shorter route between clients.

What do you dislike?

So much data usage! And it's hard to shut off while driving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always pull over when first turning on. Keep your eyes on the road. Again, please pull over if you're getting confused or upset. You still need to keep your eyes on the road, not the phone. Watch the road, save lives.

Finding the quickest route from one client to another, determining mileage for tax purposes, meeting new clients in a timely fashion.

Google Maps API review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

" Experience with Google Maps"

What do you like best?

Rapid location capability and your voice help that is perfect when driving.

What do you dislike?

I really think it's a good tool but to focus to have more accuracy I would like it to take faster the central point so that it does not send to a longer path

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent application allows you to reach the required sites without getting lost indicating the time that will be used to arrive and how many kilometers it is located, very good for work and tourism routes.

It allows you to reach required sites in less time, it allows you to get a reference of what is located around the requested point about the image of the streets if you are viewing and if you only need to listen, as is the case in which you are driving since you should not neglect the view in that case, it tells you the distance to which the point is and the time it should arrive and it never really fails is exactly the time it says, when it comes to making routes Work is of great help to have better distribution of time and what guarantees to be more efficient in the sites to visit per day.

Google Maps API review by User in Higher Education

"Google Maps API"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this application is that it has a coverage of 99% of the countries which means that wherever we are in the world, we can have access to the Google Maps API. It is a good option, since it tells us in real time the traffic which allows us to use other alternate routes to reach our destination faster.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything, it seems an excellent application I think it gives us many benefits in terms of options to get faster to our destinations and also allows us to locate in real time, which means more security since we can have a glimpse of where you are the person we need to contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let them know more about this application

I think the business problems that it resolves is that we can locate the actual access of the company, that is, we can know which is the least congested access road to arrive at business meetings early and in terms of the location of the places to which that you want to get faster to do business.

Google Maps API review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best GPS utilization application"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the google map is that it shows every single thing near you whether it's restaurant,a site to visit,nearby bus stop,etc.We even can locate anything far away from us by using google maps,it displays how to reach there,what to do there,even it displays the shortest route for our journey preventing us from traffic jam.

What do you dislike?

As such,there is no disadvantage of this application but still if you wanna know,it rarely doesn't show the exact location,that tpo because of the failure of GPS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with the application,it may take few seconds to work but it will always work in the right direction.

It has numerous business benefits as we can send our office location to our client so that he can choose the route as per his convenience.It allows us to share our current location with whom we want to,via various other applications like whatsapp.

Google Maps API review by Diosibel M.
Diosibel M.

"excellent to look for direction"

What do you like best?

I have never seen such an excellent program that the location of what you want and if you want you can place it in 3d and zoom in and everything that is close to what you are looking for appears

What do you dislike?

I like everything, it guides me very well and I always find what I'm looking for thanks to the satellite

It gives me many benefits and helps me when I need to find any location

Google Maps API review by Mia G.
Mia G.

"Great product 95% of the time"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about this product is that it gives you the ability to choose between walking, driving or taking public transportation. I also like that it includes a map, detailed directions and you can search destinations along the way.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that about five percent of the time it can not find the location or it does not provide you with the fastest route to your location .

I am able to get my employees as well as myself To and from client meetings with clear directions which they can access from multiple devices which makes things a lot more efficient.

Google Maps API review by User

"Excellent but can be improved "

What do you like best?

It helps the user to reach its destination on time without facing any problems on the route the user is taking. It also helps to find out the shortest distance to take to reach the destination.

What do you dislike?

It consumes a lot of device charge and sometimes the traffic update is very slow.The route taken to reach the destination by using the public transport like train and bus is sometimes not properly mentioned.

If I want my employee or friend to reach at my place I can easily share my location to him and then he can easily navigate to my place this helps to save time as well as avoiding confusion in understanding the route.

"google maps"

What do you like best?

What I really like about google maps is that you have the option to choose several directions that can take you to your final destination. I also enjoy that it gives you an exact breakdown of how long does it take for you to get to where your going.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike is that sometimes as your trying to get to your destination it freezes or it takes a while to tell you that you are going the wrong way

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Job! Keep improving the app, I love how you have someone that talks to use as you try to figure out where your going

This app we use it every time we travel to conferences within the U.S or out of the country, it is amazing that no matter in what part of the work you may be, google maps is always there to guide you and take you to where you nee to be,

Google Maps API review by Oliver R.
Oliver R.

"It is a free Google application, easy to use that allows you to find the best route to move from one"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. It shows different routes to reach a particular point, it indicates information of nearby places, it can be approached, it is a free application that can be downloaded easily.

What do you dislike?

It is necessary to be connected to the internet, there are areas that are not fully charged, the application is not compatible with some operating systems.

It has allowed finding places in places where one is not familiar, has allowed to find the best route to reach a particular site from a particular point, makes marks to indicate where you have traveled, allows you to locate and know the area before being there.

Learning about Google Maps API?

* We monitor all Google Maps API reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.