Google Optimize

Google Optimize offers AB testing, website testing and personalization tools for small and large enterprises to help deliver engaging customer experiences.

Work for Google Optimize?

Learning about Google Optimize?

Google Optimize Reviews

Ask Google Optimize a Question
Showing 12 Google Optimize reviews
Google Optimize review by <span>Andre P.</span>
Andre P.

"Google Optimize A/B-Testing-Tool"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I made some A/B-Test with Google Optimize and at this time I didnt find a bad thing. But I think to create a multivariate-test could be a little bit harder, because of the creation directly in this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a free tool with great options. You can create A/B-Tests and multivariate Tests. The implementation is easy.

I was searching for an A/B-Testing tool and I found some more interesting tools. But most of them you have to pay for using the tool. I was reading about the new A/B-Testing Tool from Google calles Google Optimize and I was wondering if this free tool could work great. I made a test and I have to say, that this free tool is really great. The implementation is easy and to create an A/B-Test is simple. You also get a great report about your test.

In my mind this tool is fantastic for the most online-shops or websites. But if you want to create a lot of different tests at the same time, it could be better to use another tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Optimize
Google Optimize review by <span>Duraid S.</span>
Duraid S.

"Not bad, though it lacks more advanced functionality"

What do you like best?

It's free and you can make basic changes to your pages. It also integrates with Google's other tools which is great.

What do you dislike?

There's no custom CSS/JS which means you can't really implement more complex changes. Maybe there is a way and I'm just not aware of it, since so many people use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great if you want to split traffic between two existing pages, but if you want to make advanced changes that involve custom css/js, I don't recommend it.

We often use it to implement "page redirect" types of A/B Tests and reporting the results in Google Analytics.

What A/B Testing solution do you use?

Google Optimize review by <span>YoYo F.</span>
YoYo F.

"Free A/B testing for your website. by Google"

What do you like best?

It connects with Google Analytics right off the bat. It's free for an unlimited amount of views like Google Analytics. It's by Google which means its more or less trustworthy and will be around for a while. It also has a great web editor built-in that allows you to make changes to your website and publish from inside the Google Optimize software. That is pretty awesome. And the editor works with wordpress cms as well, to my surprise.

What do you dislike?

Google Optimize, like Google Analytics, don't have exactly the most intuitive user experience/user interface. It's also relatively new and still ironing out the kinks and the bugs. The instruction for installing it onto my website is also not the clearest, and I had to look up clarifications to the instructions. Also according to documentation, it still doesn't work super well with Google Tag Manager yet. It's relatively new though so that can be forgiven. It is limited to 3 experiments running at the same time which is disappointing. For small sites, that is more than enough, but for large sites with large numbers of views per day, that isn't so great. Support like all Google free products is pretty much non existent, they just tell you to use the help forum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a free software so why not try it. However, it's like Google Analytics, not exactly the easiest to use. And unlike Google Analytics, it hasn't been around for a while so there aren't many tutorials on it. If you don't have many views on your website, I would try using the free tiers on Optimizely or other A/B test competitors. However, if you do have more views than those free tiers allow for, give Google Optimize a shot.

A/B testing websites and launching multi-variant experiments.

Google Optimize review by User

"Solid, well functioning product, especially given the free price tag"

What do you like best?

Built on top of Google Analytics, which makes the data and interface much more familiar. Analysis of testing data is displayed in a more intuitive way than many other platforms. Also the ability to choose Goals in Google Analytics as the goals for conversion experiments.

What do you dislike?

My one complaint is the inability to pause or alter once a test has been launched, but hard to complain about that since it keeps the tests honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For pricing and functionality, Google Optimize with a Hotjar account seems to provide a better technology stack for a lower cost.

Conversion rate optimization for direct response product sales.

Google Optimize review by <span>Bill B.</span>
Bill B.

"Great for Free Product"

What do you like best?

I can make changes to my websites to test items without manually logging in and changing. Very easy to use if the test is straight-forward. The statistical analysis is automatic and makes sense.

What do you dislike?

There have been some issues with cross-account and cross-domain goal tracking which are kind of confusing.

I can understand what variations of copy or images result in the desired outcomes.

Google Optimize review by <span>Riaz A.</span>
Riaz A.

"Enterprise version has decent functionality for an outstanding price"

What do you like best?

After the pains of Optimizely X's buggy launch, we switched over to Google Optimize. The integration with GA audiences as well as ability to push out to unlimited impressions means that we can get results faster than before.

What do you dislike?

While it gets most of the job done, there's still a few pain points such as lack of true personalisation functions and categorisations. There's also no image upload functionality and the preview modes can be a bit hit and miss.

We're always testing and learning and Google Optimize helps us get there efficiently.

Google Optimize review by <span>Brandon W.</span>
Brandon W.

"Extremely easy to use, but slightly underpowered."

What do you like best?

The best part about Google Optimize is that it is very easy to set up and begin running a test.

What do you dislike?

The wysiwyg editor isn't as intuitive as it could be. The data being reported is a tad misleading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that you are comfortable interpreting the raw data yourself before using Google Optimize. Having a full understanding of statistical significance will help you avoid false results.

We are using Google Optimize to run quick A/B tests on our homepage, and contact page. We are also using Google Optimize for our clients CRO campaigns.

Google Optimize review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"solid free choice for a / b testing"

What do you like best?

it easily integrates with other google products and does not come at an extra cost. So that is pretty sweet. Just implement the plug in and off you go.

Even if only over client site redirects (which when possible you should avoid) you can quickly test a few ideas

What do you dislike?

It does lack the easy drag and drop like surface from an optimizely or unbounce - but sometimes that is even a good thing

Recommendations to others considering the product

good software. free version is already quiet good for starting

AA / BB testing

Multivariate testing and more

Google Optimize review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Better than the paid a/b testing platform I was using previously... and free!"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google Analytics, price

What do you dislike?

Tests seem to take a long time to reach statistical significance. Reports aren't always easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest trying this before using a paid product.

Google Optimize has saved us ~$400/mo, since it was able to replace our previous a/b testing software. In addition to being free, it is more stable and feature-rich than other software I've used.

Google Optimize review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Get Free Testing Platform"

What do you like best?

It is FREE. We have the ability to integrate with Analytics for better tracking/reporting.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we dislike is the time it takes for testing - significantly longer than previous platforms we have used BUT because its free it makes up for this.

I do not know how much we were previously paying but we are now saving money on this, immediately having an impact on our business. Since using Google Optimize we haven't encountered any bugs/glitches which is a huge peace of mind.

Google Optimize review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good AB Testing Tool"

What do you like best?

A good tool to implement to test on any web property.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations require the 360 subscriptions.

It helps us optimize pages for lead generation.

Google Optimize review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A/B testing made easy"

What do you like best?

with tag manager and analytics makes everything simple

What do you dislike?

it's a simple redirect and sometimes it is not sharp enough

Recommendations to others considering the product

when using other google products it is the best solution for low budgets

I can test landing pages for free and use my usual conversion triggers

Learning about Google Optimize?

* We monitor all Google Optimize reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.