Google Ridesharing

Integrate Google Maps into your ridesharing app for reliable, real-time routing

Work for Google Ridesharing?

Learning about Google Ridesharing?

Categories

Google Ridesharing Reviews

Showing 22 Google Ridesharing reviews
Google Ridesharing review by TJ J.
TJ J.

"Effectively resolved planning, scheduling and routing problem of our business"

What do you like best?

We started using Google Ridesharing to solve the problem of our technicians scheduling and routing issue. It effectively resolve our business problem and meets business requirements (will provide details in later section). What did I like? here are few:

1. Google Ridesharing provides robust and powerful API capability.

2., flexibility to develop your own custom routing/scheduling application using it's core functionality and capability.

3. nearly 99% accuracy turn-by-turn fastest/shortest route to destinations and 99% accuracy on prediction

4. Easy and seamless integration with Google map

5. now seamless integration with google assistant

What do you dislike?

1. Initial setup and integration with our own mobile application was difficult. We had several technical discussion with Google team to integrate Google Ridesharing functionality in our applications.

2. Reporting is also little strange. Instead of running last 30 days, it shows month by month. For that we needed to bring the data back to our environment and have our custom reporting on that data. Thanks to available APIs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends on your personal usage need and/or business need. As I mentioned earlier, as a technical person I found this product effective to solve our business problem. Also mentioned, it will be little difficult to develop your own custom application based on core functionalities and capabilities of Google Ridesharing will be little challenge but worth to give a try.

We had business problem to help our technicians to arrive consumers address on time using effective up to date route with turn by turn driving guidance. We also have problem of allowing our consumer to change/cancel any appointment up to 45 mins before the schedule time needed fast replanning/rescheduling and re-routing the technician's schedule and route. Google ridesharing effectively helped to solve the problem.

NB: We didn't use Google Ridesharing native app. We just used it's capabilities and APIs

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Ridesharing
Google Ridesharing review by Sadman L.
Sadman L.

"Improve navigation and ETAs for drivers and passengers"

What do you like best?

Google Maps Platform ridesharing solution can help drivers to get customers location more precisely, quickly and reduce the uncertainty around estimated time of arrival (ETA) for passengers.

What do you dislike?

I really have not found any complains against using Google Ridesharing so far. Using this, the ETA's have improved significantly and other things more or less remained same. So, nothing to complain about for now.

Using our app through the Google Maps Platform ridesharing solution, we are able to keep our drivers engaged and improve driver and passenger experience through more accurate locations and ETAs

What GIS solution do you use?

Google Ridesharing review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Graphic Design
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Graphic Design

"Google Rideshare!"

What do you like best?

I love the API feature, which you can secure btw, and shows the geocoding along with maps elevation features to give you an up-to-date snapshot of what your rideshare holders look like. It's a live feature that has improved over the years, from it's start just a couple of years ago.

What do you dislike?

It's not entirely accurate, as it resets at the end of the month and I do wish it would do a cross-comparison to the last so you can see the live change. As of now, having to go back to a last months cycle is a bit annoying.

Real time snapshots of traffic control and usability. We've noticed a rapid change from how traffic and elevations used to be compared to now and it's gotten a lot better!

Google Ridesharing review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Best Way to Manage Your Rides"

What do you like best?

It shows the best routes for the rides and hence saving time & money both. Along with this it also helps to track & schedule deliveries.

It also Empowers your customers with accurate, up-to-date information.

We have improved our operations by interacting with drivers in real time.

Nearly 99% accuracy turn-by-turn fastest/shortest route to destinations and 99% accuracy on prediction

Easy and seamless integration with Google map

What do you dislike?

It's too large hence takes too much memory. This is the only disadvantage for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must use. First of all give it a try only than you can conclude.

It helps me to find routes which are safer and faster. Along with this, tells traffic conditions and choose the best route.

Google Ridesharing review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Google Ridesharing"

What do you like best?

I like that this app is specific to carpooling. I love how affordable it is! It is much less expensive than the alternatives such as Lyft and Uber.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to plan your ride so far in advance. I would much rather have the ability to plan it with less notice as my schedule can change from hour to hour. It also only works in rush hour and common routes. For example, if you want a ride from LA to Pasadena, it's not going to work. It can also be very difficult to find your driver with the location that is given to you. Luckily, they have in-app chat to help assist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Ridesharing makes carpooling more accessible to people living in highly populated areas.

Google Ridesharing has made carpooling accessible and the pricing is unbeatable.

Google Ridesharing review by Tasha Y.
Tasha Y.

"Extremely convenient "

What do you like best?

I love that there are more than one option to choose from for rideshare

What do you dislike?

I wish that the price of each rideshare were around the same price. After 8pm the price of a rideshare gets pretty expensive

I save money on gas plus I dont need to put money into repairing my vehicle every month

Google Ridesharing review by User in Computer Software

"Great Ridesharing API on Google Cloud Platform"

What do you like best?

Google Cloud Platform provides the maximum flexibility for you to be able to design your own custom Ridesharing API to fit your application's needs. All the metrics regarding the API can be tracked right through the browser on GCP (Google Cloud Platform).

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricy, but again, if it's for a commercial use, then the organization can get special offers/prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a little pricy, but definitely worth the money if the aim is to build a great software.

Developing a Google Maps based service using Google Ridesharing facilities on Google Cloud Platform.

Google Ridesharing review by Saurabh Y.
Saurabh Y.

"Rich Data provider"

What do you like best?

Can be integrated directly using the sdk provided with minimum effort involved.

Its like plug and play.

What do you dislike?

The API is a bit complex for the beginners and needs lot of reading to get into how to achieve a particular target. More examples should be there, covering basic use cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basics are there,

to make best use of the api, more examples and demo projects need to be provided along.

Solving the architecture problems related to heavy api dependancy in case of maps

Google Ridesharing review by User

"Google Rideshare Services Review"

What do you like best?

Google rideshare is a super convenient tool in helping you find the best route to your destination.

It will match you with drivers that are already heading along similar routes during the morning as well as evening rush hours times.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most about rideshare is that they're not always accurate. Google Rideshare will also sometimes accidentally match you with a driver who isn't on your route to your destination.

I have recently used Google Rideshare to help transport new fashion articles from our new line to our sampler clients. Using Google Rideshare is very useful to myself and my business when there are no cabs available.

Google Ridesharing review by Angela P.
Angela P.

"Share a ride with google"

What do you like best?

Users can schedule a rides ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

Program is new and upcoming. Not many people know about google

I am reducing expenses by spring rides with others

Google Ridesharing review by Consultant in Entertainment
Consultant in Entertainment

"Simple, quick, and best way to manage deliveries and providing data! "

What do you like best?

It's also known as Google Cloud Platform too, it provides the flexibility with the SDK while using the minimum effort and it's pretty efficient with the interactive Google maps app too. It helps us to stay on track with deliveries and scheduling everything else.

What do you dislike?

It's slightly pricey and sometimes to take time to set it up while you're in a big rush.

It has helped our business to plan out accordingly on scheduling stuff and work onto the deliveries better while it keeps everyone informed. It also have the benefits such as direct paid straight to our business bank account too.

Google Ridesharing review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Best software ever"

What do you like best?

It is very efficient and interact with google maps into my ridesharing app. Which shows the best routes for the rides.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the routes are completely different for going back home, but shows very efficient and fastest route

Benefits are direct paid to my bank account.

Google Ridesharing review by Viswam S.
Viswam S.

"Ridesharing -Ultimate Map experience"

What do you like best?

it creates a turn by turn experience and bring the live map in front of eyes and makes things so easy

What do you dislike?

The charge and the memory it occupies .This is one of the big disadvantages

Update to live information and driver interaction

Google Ridesharing review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Good way to manage deliveries"

What do you like best?

It's a great app that is intergrated into Google maps. Helps us stay on track with deliveries and appointments

What do you dislike?

It's an little expensive and takes time to set up.

It has helped us plan out deliveries better and keep our clients informed.

Google Ridesharing review by James J.
James J.

"Integrate Google Maps into your ridesharing app"

What do you like best?

Helps my driver's deliver to our customers on time and reliable

What do you dislike?

Can only use it with specific ride-sharing apps. Expensive

Helps us stay up to date on traffic and deliveries. B integrated directly into Google maps

"Worth it"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's easy to use and affordable

What do you dislike?

It's Hard to explain to a person that has never used it.

Just a last minute ride to work.

"Pricey but worth it"

What do you like best?

Rideshare provides the maximum flexibility for you to be able to design your own custom Ridesharing to fit your application's needs. All the metrics regarding the API can be tracked right through the browser on the platform.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit pricey to use but the features make it well worth it.

"Ridesharing"

What do you like best?

I drive for Uber and Google ride-sharing makes it easy for me to make money through other driving companies

What do you dislike?

It's quick easy and convenient. Navigating through it is even easy for beginners

Sometimes uber doesn't have any available slots so I can also check with Lyft and several other companies through Google rideshare. I haven't had any complaints.

Google Ridesharing review by User

"Google Rideshare beats uber and lyft"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to coordinate rides among various people, especially in a workplace setting.

What do you dislike?

I would update the service to give a better time estimate for trips with multiple stops.

I have seen a drastic change in workplace efficiency when it comes to ridesharing apps. Highly recommend.

Google Ridesharing review by User

"Help others to arrive faster"

What do you like best?

accurate, up-to-date information, routes are optimized based on real traffic conditions

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have a non-conformity about Google ride-sharing. All products led by Google are really good as innovative.

It helps me to get routes safer and faster. It helps me to know traffic conditions and choose best route.

Google Ridesharing review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Google rideshare"

What do you like best?

The ability to share rides and the cost is a phenomenal idea. Ease of access and integrated map use. Google has the best maps by far

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to use, I find uber or lyft easier to access but perhaps this will change

Riding to work economically

Google Ridesharing review by Administrator

"Awsome program"

What do you like best?

It very exspensive and it’s alittle hard

What do you dislike?

The graphics the designs and the program format

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awsome program

Designs and products

Learning about Google Ridesharing?

* We monitor all Google Ridesharing reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories