Google Sheets

Google sheets is a cloud-based productivity tool for creating and managing spreadsheets.

Work for Google Sheets?

Learning about Google Sheets?

Google Sheets Reviews

Ask Google Sheets a Question
Showing 209 Google Sheets reviews
Google Sheets review by Patricia  D.
Patricia D.

" Documents online, the best I can have and for sure !!!"

What do you like best?

I like to practice without losing my security and that's what I get with my online documents, I no longer depend on a pendrive that can be lost or damaged, I have my important files online and I download them or modify them whenever I want

What do you dislike?

No complaint for me and for my fieldwork is perfect like this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for those of us who are in the field and we do not have access to a computer, but also for the house!

Having my worksheets online allows me to modify my budgets minutes before being delivered to the client, in my country the hyperinflation has led us to take this into account, I do not charge exaggerated but my budgets do not last more than 48 hours, if my clients want more time to decide the amount changes of course and the adjustment is automatic, only from the web without having to take my equipment everywhere.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Sheets
Google Sheets review by Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

"Google Sheets is the new spreadsheet on the market, a great application "

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a powerful and very innovative application, it has traditional functions of the basic spreadsheets but with more complements and colors.

I mainly like that the file can be saved to the account without having an additional storage device, which makes the file available at any time, and can be easily edited at any time and from any device. Also, regardless of the file format of the spreadsheet, I can open it with Google Sheets.

I like the way to perform the calculation tables, in addition the mathematical operators work very well and are easy to use.

also the panel of tools is very comfortable, since you have ordered the functions correctly.

In addition, you can make graphics for the istante, with a supply of accurate data.

In general I can say that I like this software, it is very useful for my work.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets is an application that has no waste so it has very few disadvantages, however, you must add some additional templates to facilitate the work, especially to make graphs of mathematical functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software, its advantages will be exploited to the maximum using all functions. also with Google Sheets you can be your personal calculator with which you can keep track of your expenses in an orderly manner.

Working with Google Spreadsheets has been a great experience has given me the necessary calculations and graphics have allowed me to gain time in my work, which is equal to simplify my work greatly.

What Spreadsheets solution do you use?

Google Sheets review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"I Use Google Sheets for Everything. "

What do you like best?

I love that I can organize lots of different types o f information in Google sheets. It works great on the computer (obviously) but what makes it a truly useful app is how it transfers to phone use. When I need information on the go, I know I can trust Google Sheets to be available on my phone, readable, and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more templates to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is as helpful as you make it - go ahead and put in the extra time at the front end to get it set up *just* right. You'll thank yourself later! If you are having trouble keeping it updated, go ahead and reference your docs you keep in Google Sheets regularly in whatever group chat you use - it can be a bit of a pain to update things for others.

It has been useful in collaborating with team members who live out of state. Anyone can sign up for different time slots in the same document in real time, or insert other useful information we can all see.

Google Sheets review by Ann G.
Ann G.

"Amazing tool for computing and keeping a record of multiple data with sharing ability!"

What do you like best?

What I like about this tool is that it has the same feature as the MS Excel but an improved version. Since you can share it with multiple people on your network, you can edit the file the same time without worrying that you might lose the one you input. It doesn't overlap the work of others because you can see whatever they're doing on the same file.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of, I believe this is by far the best tool I have ever used especially it has the same formulation and algorithm as MS Excel!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best spreadsheet tool, easy, reliable, works real-time!

Well, mostly the ability to work on your thing without having to remember to hit Save. (I'm so guilty of this) I can always go back to the file and access it also using my phone. This is really an amazing application.

Google Sheets review by Cristina R.
Cristina R.

"Fantastic, free, advanced sheets and calculation tool"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is free, fully integrated into Google's ecosystem, instant to load a use, seamlessly integrated into web browsers without requiring any downloads.

Available on mostly every smart device, phone, tablet and computer.

Sheets is a fully featured software, it allows from very basic calculations, or just simple table arrays and displays to more advanced math operations. You can use it from anything from a very basic table you just want to display, to advanced company data management full of thousands of data entries with advanced formulas performing calculations.

Sheets is seamlessly integrated into the google ecosystem to the point of instant and easy collaboration. It allows you to set permits and collaborate with friends, coworkers and anyone you choose, while deeply customizing their available options and permits.

Sheets is available on pretty much any smart platform or computer allowing you to always have your documents ready for viewing or editting.

What do you dislike?

Excel dominates the market, and Google sheets loses some of that functionality, advanced formulas and macros that excel uses.

You may lose important formatting or operations when moving between them, forcing you to stick to only one platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider macros and advanced requirements before commiting one of your documents since you may lose some of excel's functionality.

Google Sheets has allowed me to collaborate on multiple date sheets with coworkers regardless of time, place and device I'm using.

Google Sheets review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Absolute best online Sheet tool, spectacular share & collab functionality"

What do you like best?

Free, easy to use, no installation required on PC, fast, available on pretty much anywhere with a web browser, and directly as a standalone app for tablets and smartphones.

Spectacularly easy to create online sheets you can share with friends and coworkers and have them collaborate and edit as well.

Allows to set your edit and view permits to even specific parts of the sheet.

Has most of the basic and some advanced tools from other spreadsheet software packages. Features full integration with most of the Google ecosystem and devices

What do you dislike?

Lacks compatibility with some advanced Microsoft excel functions & formats. Advanced files can't move back and forth between the two.

Lacks Macro options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to consider the advanced functions and macros you might need before commiting fully, Consider it as an additional option to microsoft excel for sheets that don't require specific advanced functions or going back and forth between both packages.

From mundane tables and data, to college research and advanced industry operations, Google Docs has allowed me easily collaborate with colleagues while working on advanced spreadsheets.

Google Sheets review by Krista B.
Krista B.

"Easy way to share information"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share the spreadsheets with multiple people, who can also edit at the same time I can. This is helpful when having coworkers that are not always in the office, we can all keep track add and edit things, without having to log out and login in when someone is not using it. I like that is automatically saves and I do not have to remember to save every time something is imputed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I think this is a wonderful program. It helps me stay on track daily editing as I go, all edits get saved and shown to those shared with automatically :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, never have to remember to "save" just pick up where you left of

Keeps out of state owners informed. They can easily access the spreadsheet, make changes, and see when things are being added in real time.

Google Sheets review by Lindsay F.
Lindsay F.

"I use Google Sheets for everything!"

What do you like best?

Being able to access my documents on my phone on the go is key for me. I've been surprised at how easy the iPhone app is to use, and how you have access to all the formatting options you would normally want. I haven't used the pre-made templates much yet, but it seems like they could be really helpful as well – I'd love if there were even more, to give ideas about how to use the software in new ways! I do use the 'make your own template' option, which is really helpful. It's great that within Google Drive, it's a whole suite of products that you can use, so your spreadsheets stay organized along with all your documents. I don't store anything on my computer now, it's all on Google! Never have to worry about backing it up, and it always stays updated from any device that you access from.

What do you dislike?

I would love if there were more keyboard shortcuts, like for switching between sheets within the documents, formatting as currency, or other things that I use often. There are certain bugs with the formatting, where you'll tell a row to format as currency, and it just won't 'stick', so you keep having to select it again and again for any new number inputted. I don't understand why Google Sheets is a separate app & website than Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this to track your hours, stats, financials, client database, market research, scheduling... anything!

Goggle Sheets helps me stay organized and track the information I need. I'm able to pull up detailed info for my business anywhere I am, via my phone.

Google Sheets review by Maik H.
Maik H.

"Sheet managing tool and collaboration work"

What do you like best?

It simply works! The tool is easy to manage, very stable in the whole using process and completely free to use. Also, it has full mobile support. I can have access to all my sheets at any time and anyplace I want to work with them or need them. Another very useful point is the cloud saving of all your sheet files via Google Sheets. You can not lose important files.

What do you dislike?

The one and only point I have is that the tool has not as many features as other office tools for desktops. Other tools offer more features for document-based working. But I have also to say that Google Sheets does not need them in all cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone who wants a nice and working tool for organizing their own sheets or for working in collaboration with other people on sheets should take a serious look at this tool. It simply works and is completely for free.

We use the tool in our company because with it we can work together on the same sheets. Whether in teams or partner work it is working perfectly. Changes are visible instantly and you see what your coworker has changed or noted in your shared documents. This works very reliably and fast.

Google Sheets review by Suci B.
Suci B.

"Google Sheet for Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, clean interface, conditional formatting, the ability to insert comment & note, all the functions listed, has add-on feature, save things online and can easily be downloaded as excel sheet or pdf.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have that many template, text doesn't always automatically fit the column. I also wish picture will be automatically fit into the column or the column adjust itself automatically with text or picture. However, those mentions are just tiny minors that can be overlooked. Overall, I am happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that Google Sheet is an online product and save docs online so I could access it from anywhere at anytime. My biggest nightmare would be losing data that I have been working on if something happened to my laptop or phone. Also, I like that they listed all the functions so I don't have to memorize or google what to do for the function I want to use.

Assignment tracker, daily/weekly/monthly report, budgeting, invoice, expense report, data collection, and many more.

Google Sheets review by Ron B.
Ron B.

"Creating Collaboration in a Space with many Silos"

What do you like best?

Collaboration--with no software our university buys that allows the Career Development Center to collect data from multiple areas, Google Sheets has helped us to break down the silos that have existed for years regarding internship activity. We ask professors to add their information for students in internship experiences to the active sheet. That information can then be formatted uniformly in my office, and used to report out as needed. It also stores the record giving historical context like we have never seen before. The best part is that participants (faculty) do not need to have a Google account to add content.

What do you dislike?

Having to reformat the information entered is not ideal, but that has more to do with the participants that collaborate with whatever project.

Google Sheets allowed our office to 1) be the hub and repository for internship activity on-campus and 2) to easily allow professors to connect with our data collection.

Google Sheets review by Shawn L.
Shawn L.

"When it comes to spreadsheets, this is one of the best options in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is easy to use, the interface is nice, the performance is smooth, the integration with other tools from Google including easy sharing, the compatibility with different devices, being able to import spreadsheet files from other software like Microsoft Excel, efficient printing options and the availability of templates for a quick start and being able to edit it in groups online.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike about, however some advanced features are lacking and it is harder to format than offline tools.There is a challenging learning curve for bigger projects, but for most documents it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite of lacking some features available in offline tools, I find Google Sheets extremely useful as it is great when it comes to sharing with other and creating basic documents. If you prefer to do more complex projects, it will require some heavy research in advance.

I currently use Google Sheets to track tasks around customer support or client information, and in some case it is a nice way to keep information organized during busy days. The sharing options also make it easy to distribute them to coworkers and being able to edit with others at the same time can help when doing research.

Google Sheets review by Susanna Y.
Susanna Y.

"The Better Way to Complete Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

I like the sharing aspect. I like that it is cloud-based and allows people to work simultaneously on one document. I like that you can see who is there working with you. I love that I can have the app on all of my devices to have with me anywhere there is internet. There is also the option to work offline.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the app's usability. In the app, there are more keystrokes than on the computer and it can take some time to get used to. Once you figure out the keystrokes, it is fine. It just takes a bit more time to remember what to do. For example, you can't just click on the cell to edit. You must first press the pencil (edit) key to open the cell up to editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only issue I have had with Google Sheets is that sometimes it doesn't convert to the needed format that others use. However, I would just suggest everyone in your company use Google Sheets exclusively and there will be no issues. Once everyone gets used to Google Sheets, I can't imagine they will want to return to any other software. The flexibility that Google Sheets offers your employees will be enough of a push.

I am able to keep track of expenses versus income. It has allowed me to see where I have spent too much money investing into the business versus my return.

Google Sheets review by Kyle E.
Kyle E.

"An "open source" simpler version of Excel"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to work in a fully open document wherein an entire team or group can change, review, or edit accordingly. It's great for when we are compiling polling data and research or editing POs.

What do you dislike?

There aren't as many formatting options as I would like. One of the reasons, why I can imagine that Excel stays relevant is the ability to edit the data in more ways than is possible in other programs such as this. It requires an export of the data to another program often to make it look "prettier"

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using across company employees, consider gmail accounts for the entire team using it. I have found that there is less hassle with spam/IT filters when going directly through a linked gmail account + you can add any sheets to your 15gb Google Drive and access them from anywhere.

We're able to forego big meetings/brainstorms and instead edit and add data at our own pace. We all have the ability to question anything we see through an embedded chat, or simply making comments in the document. Everyone is able to see who is responsible for their own content. Plus, the edit history function is a lifesaver.

Google Sheets review by Bethany M.
Bethany M.

"Google Sheets is a Free, User-Friendly Excel"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the user interface and program layout. I also appreciate that google sheets documents can be accessed wherever one can log in to one's Gmail account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a separate app must be downloaded in order to access google sheets documents from one's mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is a great asset for collaborative work, especially from a distance. Users can see realtime additions and/or changes by others who have access to the shared Google Sheet. Be prepared, however, to have internet access available at all times. With no internet access, a Google Sheet cannot be accessed or edited. Also, if a Google sheet is created or joined via access from a company email address, be sure to download a copy of the Sheet if you foresee leaving the company, as access to the Sheet will be denied upon loss of access to a Gmail email address.

Google sheets is a great way to work with others on a single document. Shared document access is a great asset for collaborative work.

Google Sheets review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Perfect for shared spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a fantastic solution for easily sharing spreadsheet documents. It's basically like having Excel in your browser. Granular permissions make it easy to grant read access to one group and write access to another, and integrates with G-suite making it incredibly easy to share documents inside and outside your organization while keeping your data appropriately secured. There is also a large marketplace of add-ins that allow you to extend your spreadsheet with 3rd-party data and programs.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets can be terribly slow when you are working with very large spreadsheets. In such cases, I would recommend using the native Excel apps and sharing .xlsx files via Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still believe Excel is a better spreadsheet editor, but the sharing features and ease of programmatic access make it ideal for certain use cases. If you need either of these features, I would recommend trying it. Otherwise, stick with Excel.

One way we use Google Sheets is by sharing and updating BI reports. Add-ins and scripts programmed against the API allow us to sync our analytics data with sheets and update it automatically. Permissions allow us to share this data within our organization. Another creative way we use Google Sheets is by having some of our automated processes generate review reports when something needs to be manually verified. These reports can be quickly reconciled by a team member and have allowed us to automate significant parts of our workflow with minimal human intervention.

Google Sheets review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Good for quick and dirty spreadsheets, but lacking many obvious features"

What do you like best?

I like the Paste keyboard shortcuts which enable you to copy and paste data as text much faster than Microsoft Excel. This speeds up the workflow significantly. I feel that the copy and paste is smoother than Excel, since you can highlight, copy, delete the copied cells, and then paste somewhere else without losing that data. As far as I know within Excel, you cannot copy, delete, and then paste the data.

Compared to Excel, Sheets simplifies the process of filtering data in columns by removing extra steps, and allowing you to click the column and sort by a variety of options without only filtering the data in that specific column. I found Excel's filtering feature to require too many steps just to sort all data by one column, but this is much easier to accomplish in Sheets.

What do you dislike?

Sheets lacks many obvious keyboard shortcuts that one would think would be standard. For example, the only way to merge cells is by navigating through the dropdown menu (3-4 clicks), and then repeating the same steps each time you want to merge a column or row. While some workarounds have been found, this is not a long-term solution to the lack of basic shortcuts.

Sheets does not allow you to automatically format a number to a percentage without adding two additional decimal points (i.e. 25 becomes 25.00%, and you cannot decrease the decimal point any lower than that to just 25.0% or 25%.). This is very odd and requires you to manually add the percentage unless you want two decimals in each percentage.

What is also disappointing is the lack of customization options for the menu. You are stuck with the standard menu layout, unlike Excel, where you can pick and choose what appears in the menu. Allowing users to customize the menu would fix many of the keyboard shortcut shortfalls, and would ultimately speed up your workflow by removing excessive clicks.

Finally, the biggest issue with sheets is performance. Performance will drive you away from using this application. There are periods of time when, for any variety of reasons, performance will lag and make Sheets very difficult to navigate and use. Though performance tends to vary by browser, I found Chrome to handle Sheets the worst out of Firefox and Safari. When this happens, there's not much you can do, especially if you've checked all the obvious culprits (add-ons, browser extensions, large amounts of data, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it lacks some basic, seemingly obvious features and shortcuts, Sheets is great for quickly creating and sharing basic spreadsheets.

We are able to easily create and share spreadsheets throughout the company, while updating them in real-time. This eliminates unnecessary email chains and duplicate spreadsheets since everyone always has the latest version. Using Google Sheets has ultimately helped us become more organized.

Google Sheets review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"The best chart organization "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use but I love that is converts everything since a lot of people still use Excel. I also like how when you print a page is condensed it and doesn’t use more paper then needed

What do you dislike?

I don’t really dislike anything. There was a learning curve as there is to everything but a simple google search will teach you what you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using google sheets over excel. Google sheets is way easier to use and if you company uses excel, don’t worry everything converts. Also I LOVE how you can save the doc as an excel and email it straight from sheet. Also everything being saved right away on ur google drive is amazing.

Currently I use google sheets every month to track my business expense. The document that my organization gave me was an excel and is easy transferred to google sheets

Google Sheets review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Google Sheets work for all of your needs"

What do you like best?

Google sheets are perfect for me in my position. In order to keep track of my students, their grades, interactions and such, I need some type of spreadsheets. Because I work from home, but often travel, it's helpful not having to bring my computer or laptop with me all the time. I am able to access sheets from any device in any location. Also, often times my colleagues and I need to keep track of data at a school wide level. With permissions, we are given the opportunity to use the same sheet and add to it as we go!

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to get used to as I was trained in excel spreadsheets. However, the perk of being able to share the sheet live outweighs having to learn a little bit different software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend the use of Google Sheets especially when you work in travel and may not want to carry around your laptop but have access to other devices.

Because of the ability to share Google Sheets without having to email a file, everything is more secure in this way. A secured email isn't necessary. Simply add the email that you would like to share the sheet with, and they can automatically access it by logging into their drive.

Google Sheets review by Shaun E.
Shaun E.

"Google Sheets - Nearly Better Than Excel?"

What do you like best?

I like the portability Google Sheets provides the end user. The ability for multiple users to access the same Google Sheet at the same time saves masses of time making amendments and emailing an updated document. The ability to share and restrict access depending on your domain or on an individual basis means that your Google Sheet can be used for the desired purpose. Google Sheets also incorporates many of the common formulas that you would see in Excel meaning there is no learning curve if you already have experience of Microsoft's counterpart. As everything is based within Google Chrome (which is a free download) documents can be opened an edited on a range of devices without any additional costs to the end user. Finally, storing Google Sheets in the cloud is a must have!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Google Sheets does have a limit on the amount a cells per document. I feel this is the only area where Excel excel's Google Sheets. Excel does contain more functionality than Google Sheets but I have seen features added over the past 18 months and I hope this continues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the full potential of Google Sheets, it has more benefits than Excel!

Google Sheets is used by every department in the business! The ability to collaborate on the same Sheet saves time and costs! We use Google Sheets along side Google Forms which allows us to collect relevant information for the business. This saves on using another third party solution.

Google Sheets review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Working with Google sheet"

What do you like best?

It is easy and I am able to keep track of things. It has a lot of capacity and will handle a lot of data. It stays up to date.It is accessible from anywhere on the drive and so data can be entered at almost any time. It is a good basic tool for a company starting out and not wanting to spend a lot of money.

What do you dislike?

Too much work navigating between the various sheets. It has become somewhat overwhelming with all of the different sheets added to the workbook where with a better software, that would not be necessary. This has created a lot of extra work. As the company grows, it outgrows the capabilities of this product. But it is a basic solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sufficient for a lot of things but as the organization grows, it doesn't have the capabilities that are needed for good tracking of clients. I have worked with good CRM programs in the past like ACT and SalesForce. Would prefer to be using something like that but it is not my decision. As we continue to grow, I know that we will need to step up and start using something more robust and capable of meeting the expanding needs. I feel that too much is deleted accidentally or just lost in the shuffle.

Everyone has access to make changes. Ithas been ok to work with I have requested better

Google Sheets review by Fernando Héctor M.
Fernando Héctor M.

"When it comes to online tools, this is a must"

What do you like best?

I would start by mentioning it is available for free, it includes options for hosting and sharing, there are several tools available for both amateurs and professionals and the formatting options are nicely implemented. You can also import files from other tools, but I got a couple of problems with certain Microsoft Excel files.

What do you dislike?

I have little to dislike about Google Sheets, however the only one aspect I usually waste time is when including images to the files, mostly from the upload process. Because of this, I usually use this software as a text only tool most of the times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it can't replace offline tools, Google Sheets is one of the best offerings available for free when working in the cloud. It is easy to use and you can share them after with anyone, both for reading or editing.

I was able to manage different tasks and to communicate between the coworkers, saving time and energy. It also allowed me to do personal task and easily share them online once finished.

Google Sheets review by Lorenza B.
Lorenza B.

"Google Sheets helps your team work on documents."

What do you like best?

One of the reason, and the think that I love most of Google Sheets, is the fact that I can see live changes of documents from others from the team in real time. So I do not have to worry about the files, and trying to send them to everyone, and collecting all the versions, and compare them, and unify them. With Google Sheets we can work simoultaneously and share the docs with no problems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Sheets seems a bit disconnected from real world organization. For example it would be great to see who access what file and wich work did on the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel the lack of professional interface as in the Microsoft Office suite. But I can say you that I only use it to work with other person. After the session I always manage the files in my Office suite. So test it out, also because is free.

I use it often when I have to work on documents with other people. It saves a lot of my time, so I can focus on work and not to editing the documents only.

Google Sheets review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Why I love Google Sheets!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love auto save function with google sheets, it has saved me many times!

What do you dislike?

Learning google sheets was hard but once I got it, it wasn't so bad and extremely worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not give up on google sheets when you first start. Take the time to review the site and get familiar with the small differences from the excel sheets you are already using. I do not think you will regret your decision to move to google sheets I sure did not! Being able to access a spreadsheet and make changes together as a team is the best part for us.

I use google sheets to track agent production, seminar reservations, mail drops, rate of response, small chart graphs to monitor our largest production points in the year. There are so many sheets to name off that we use and I do not think that we will ever use anything different.

Google Sheets review by Mander R.
Mander R.

"Great way to stay organized!"

What do you like best?

I use Google Sheets to keep things organized at work. As a tutor, I use it to track students' progress, and as a writer, I use it to keep track of my own work. It's a really great tool and it's super simple - very similar to Microsoft Office, except that it can be used anywhere from any computer with no obnoxious subscription fees or anything like that.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd change is to add some way to skip down rows on long documents without having to scroll forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the switch. And you don't even have to recreate all the existing documents you might have in excel. You can just import them into Sheets and it will convert them all for you and store them in the cloud for easy access! There's really no reason not to make the switch at this point.

I use it to track my work, primarily, and to keep my writing organized.

Google Sheets review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"For a free spreadsheet tool, what more could you possibly want?"

What do you like best?

Being a native app in Google Drive and on Android devices, this is a great go-to solution. We use Google almost exclusively in-house. It being totally free is a huge plus!

What do you dislike?

Well, it's not Excel. But it doesn't have to be. That would only be a determining factor in your decision making process if your business already used Office 365. We're a Google family so switching was a very easy choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It costs literally nothing to try it out. If you miss the bells and whistles available with Excel (maybe you can't program it in all of the same ways you're used to), it might be worth checking out some add-ons to see if there's a different app that basically accomplishes the same thing.

The functionality is definitely there. If you can't set up scripts the way you really want them, there are plenty of add-ons available (although I don't know what apps being shut down means for that in 2018. Do add-ons for Google Sheets, which is itself an app, count as apps? Does anyone know the answer to that question?).

Google Sheets review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Easiest way to share organized information."

What do you like best?

Google Sheets lets you create and manage a spreadsheet online FOR FREE. You can import your standard Excel sheet into Google Sheets, access it from anywhere on pretty much any device, at any time. Have a coworker or friend you need to share some information with? Simply give them the share link and they have instant access to the information.

What do you dislike?

For a FREE service it is hard to dislike much about it, but it does lack some functionalities of your standard excel spreadsheet program. Things do not important 100% correctly to it sometimes but its an easy task to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to share information with multiple people or require the ability for multiple users to have access to and edit one single spreadsheet of information. This is the perfect free solution for you.

We use Google Sheets to share and allow multiple users to have access and update one spreadsheet of information. The ability to have multiple people looking and editing the same spreadsheet at once, all together is just what we needed for some of our daily tasks.

Google Sheets review by Lukas G.
Lukas G.

"Remote group work done right!"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is an easily accessible and free Google product that lets one use most of the Microsoft Excel abilities. It offers one of the best platforms for group project implementation where any changes done by any logged in user can be seen in real time. Great for small businesses that do not require huge database work.

What do you dislike?

At some degree, it seems like an oversimplified version of the Microsoft Excel version and lacks some of the capabilities it offers. Overall it is a great tool for day to day operations and I cannot think of any complaints, especially, since it is free for all platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is worth the while to introduce to your team. Not only it helps to monitor daily tasks and spreadsheets when some of the project management is away, it also shows the change in real time, lets one comment and view change history. A decent and fulfilling tool for any small businesses.

The product is mainly used for remote group project management and it helps to reduce the time used for data sharing and increases work efficiency overall.

Google Sheets review by Maggie S.
Maggie S.

"Great Spreadsheet Software"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Google Sheets is real time collaboration. It is so easy to jump on a phone call with a colleague and chat while we both click through and edit a spreadsheet for our project. I also appreciate the general usability of it and how simple it is to navigate the application.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not experienced any difficulties thus far. I really enjoy using Google Sheets! The ease of access and user friendly design have made my job as a virtual assistant very easy. It just takes a few clicks to update a sheet and send it back to my coworker. I have also utilized Sheets for personal use such as budgeting, meal planning, and fitness progress tracking, with no difficulty or complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend using Google Sheets! Whether it is in the workplace, in schools, or for personal use. It is easy to use no matter what level of experience you have, from simple data sheets to formula-ridden spreadsheets.

It is incredibly simple to share a Sheet with a coworker by simply sending them a link to view or edit. No downloading required and no back and forth email hassle. Just copy and paste the link and adjust the editing settings to your preference. This makes the process faster and easier to complete a collaborative project when we can both edit the Sheet at the same time by following one link.

Google Sheets review by Maria S.
Maria S.

"Great program!"

What do you like best?

It has almost all of the same capabilities as Excel does and operates in pretty much the same way. For me, this meant that there was little-to-no learning curve when I started working for a company that was Google based instead of Office based. I love that I still have a large number of functions that I can use and customize. I can filter and analyze my database in just about any way I need. Like most Google products, its user interface is fairly easy to use and understand and it saves to the Google Drive. So I can access my files from anywhere and share my files with the rest of the office.

I like that you can set a temporary filter so that how you sort the sheet doesn't display on other users' ends.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that don't carry over from Excel. They aren't deal breakers, but they are still inconvenient.

There are fewer ways to sort and filter information. For example, Sheets doesn't have the ability to sort by the color of the cell.

In Excel, you can group rows so that only certain information is visible at a time. For example, I could have a list of students, then underneath each student they could have the courses they are taking. The courses wouldn't be visible unless the group was expanded. In Sheets, you can hide information by row (or column), but once expanded, you have to reselect each group to hide it again. This also hides the information from everyone else working in the sheet. It isn't possible to hide information for just one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as the few negatives I listed in the review aren't necessities, this program should be perfect for your spreadsheet needs.

We use Google Sheets for a lot of different purposes. The one we use most often is it acts as our enrollment database. We have a Google Form set to export completed enrollment forms to the spreadsheet. We can then use that to track our students. From there, we can run just about any report we need. We use it for course and grade records, progress tracking, scheduling. The cloud setup (via Google Drive) makes it easy to access information from anywhere and to share it with anyone who needs it.

Google Sheets review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Google sheets provides incredible organization. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate. I use it in my current job of online teaching. I have been able to successfully keep track of my payment, individual students, and my class schedule. Google sheets allows me to share with other teachers and collaborate which is fantastic to build a community.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to learn advanced techniques in Google sheets. I am able to do the basics, which works well enough, however, I may be missing out on great features but they are not easily accessible for the average user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this product if you need organization within your business!

I have been able to keep track of my payment and class schedule, which can both be difficult to do short notice problems and changes It is so easy and fast to alter information, and it's all organized in one place.

Google Sheets review by Keshia B.
Keshia B.

"Auto Save Your Data"

What do you like best?

Google sheets are amazing! I am able to collaborate with people within my work place on a piece of data. At the beginning of the school year 4 different teachers work together to gather data on each students. Google Sheets allowed us to have all the students information on the same page and then we were able input our information as we completed an assessment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the printing feature. I would like to know what one page print looks like prior to going to the print feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improve!!! Look at features that Excel has and continue adding those to Sheets. I have used Excel for many years but when I found out that I could share data and have it autosaved I quickly moved to Sheets. It is an amazing google featured!

The business problems that I am solving by using Google Sheets is the problem of data not being shared. To often data is collected and no one sees it. By sharing the information with other teachers we can work together to improve our students intervention or extensions.

Google Sheets review by Tushar B.
Tushar B.

"Good spreadsheet to use in the cloud"

What do you like best?

When it comes to cloud, I believe this is one of the best spreadsheets application. Ofcourse, I like Microsoft Excel more (if I need to use it locally), but not on the cloud. Good for sharing and collaboratively editing the same document. Performance is mind blowing.

What do you dislike?

Very less things to dislike the product. But, it is lacking some features from the desktop application that Microsoft provides. It could enhance those features. Other than that, it is pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best tools for spreadsheets if you are looking to use it online (on the cloud) which is nowadays one of the best options because you don't want important stuff to disappear or get deleted from your laptop due to a virus or just some hardware issues.

Using documentation to collaborate and design documents at work.

Google Sheets review by Beikis Carolina L.
Beikis Carolina L.

"Your spreadsheets always at hand."

What do you like best?

The best thing about this application is that you can open your documents from anywhere; In addition to being able to share your files and edit them in line with all the people involved. It has many designs and configurations to make the files much more personalized.

What do you dislike?

The interface is still a bit rudimentary, it could be developed to be even more friendly, in addition to the colors should have more variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to take and keep in mind that when you share the file or spreadsheet, the modifications made by any of the people involved will be done online, that is, immediately.

Highly recommended since you can work with your spreadsheet from any device or computer and if necessary be able to share it online with your employees or clients.

Google Sheets review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Less back and forth, more efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love that you can make updates and share with anyone in real time! I use this everyday and several of my documents are housed within here.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about googlesheets, besides the fact that it can get a little slow when multiple people are on the same doc. But I run into this very little! I have had some clients complain that they want to be able to be shared on the doc without having to have a google account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very easy to use, even for those that are not good with excel type docs.

This eliminates a LOT of back and forth emails in my jobs. I am always needing approval for certain things from large groups of parties, and sometimes they consist of 2-3 different teams. This is an easy way for them to share the link and all get on- it makes sure that we are all in sync and on the same page.

Google Sheets review by Rob C.
Rob C.

"Great for collaborative work!"

What do you like best?

My favourite feature from Google Sheets is the real-time collaboration that allows you to work on the same document at the same time as others. It's pretty handy if your team is dispersed and not on the same office physically, but you can still collaborate on the same document together.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the fact that it has limited functionalities compared with Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets still feels quite limited compared to Microsoft Excel so it's likely you may still need to use the other software. However, for real-time collaboration, Google Sheets is matchless. However, if you're interested in extending the capabilities of Google Sheets, you can check out the Add-Ons and maybe you can find some relevant plugins that you can install into your Google Sheets to make it more useful.

With Google Sheets, we can easily collaborate on the same spreadsheet at any time, even if we're not on the same office. It's pretty handy as an organizational tool and keeping track of our tasks and projects. We use Google Sheets to schedule and plan our marketing campaigns and it allows us to keep track of our content and their individual status.

Google Sheets review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Powerful online spreadsheet - especially great for Google Analytics reporting"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is an interesting spreadsheet, that cannot compete against Excel on a number of fields, but does so much better on others !

Especially great when linked to online content (web pages scrapping, display of pictures stored online)

And so powerful when it comes to fetching Google Analytics data ! A free add-on enables you to get all your Analytics data into Google Sheets, that you can then manipulate and display in table or graphics. You can build entire Analytics dashboards from within Google Sheets.

Collaboration is also very good, not only because 2 people can work on the same spreadsheet at the same time, but also because you can use this feature to "show and tell" - directly show on screen what you do to the other person.

What do you dislike?

Graphics are really not at the level of the other features. Limited color choice, no gradation possible. It is difficult to make professional-looking graphical dashboards with Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that you need an internet connection. And that graphics may not be as polished as with MS Excel. For some cases as described, Google Sheets is really interesting.

Google Analytics dashboards. Automated. Fast. Simple.

Google Sheets review by Ranae H.
Ranae H.

"Real-Time Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The ability to collaborate in real-time is wonderful.

Easy to use, and very similar to alternative products so it is easy to train other people on how to use it.

The ability to see revisions, and who made the revisions is another great feature.

What do you dislike?

Some formatting is limited - so you might not be able to make a beautiful spreadsheet.

Although it's not dependant on an internet connection all the time, collaborating with someone who has slow internet can be difficult.

You need a google account to really use it effectively (in my opinion)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create another email for your employees to use Google Sheets effectively, consider the following format: Name.BusinessName@Gmail.com such as Steve.PaintingPros@Gmail.com.

Payroll Processing has become easier since we switched from paper timesheets to Google Sheets timesheets.

Employees update and whether they are remote, in office, etc. doesn't matter because I can grab their updated timesheet with ease.

Tackling large projects can be done together at the same time. Two people can be entering data at the same time so we can complete projects faster.

Google Sheets review by Magali S.
Magali S.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

So great solution helps me make and edit text documents direct in my browser. Oh, forgot to say than you making yours document in browsers you will be not have request from any software.very easy and fast to charing docunets with workers.

What do you dislike?

Actually I more like than dislike.So I will not waist you time.All information about that product you can read bellow. So nagetiv things I dont have till now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will say a lot of yes to have that program. Very great work with and easy as well. Perfect charing tools.Its very safe and gives you all right to control them.

As for me.I found that its nice to decide which person will access to my document. Also so wonderful that some group of people can work at the same time.as i said before so ease in using and control sharing controls.

Google Sheets review by Aidan D.
Aidan D.

"Great at being a spreadsheet, which is all it should be."

What do you like best?

Like all G Suite applications, Sheets is fantastic for availability and collaboration. I also like the simple, clean layout.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes run into limitations in the charts features, and have to settle for something less than I would hope for. Lack of zoom can also be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're finding that Sheets doesn't do something that you used to do in Excel, then have a think about whether you really should be doing that using some other tool. G Suite products work well because they focus on meeting core needs well, in a world-class collaboration platform.

I use Sheets for what spreadsheets are supposed to do: managing complex calculations, modelling financials and operational research. Sheets doesn't do a lot of the things that Excel does, which is a good thing because that product is routinely used (badly) for relational database, presentation, documentation etc.

Google Sheets review by Misty R.
Misty R.

"Google Sheets Facilitate Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like that each person on a team can edit sheets and can see other edits simultaneously. I also like that the document is stored online and is safe from any computer failures.

What do you dislike?

Some capabilities in Excel are not available in Google Docs. Also, a person has to have a google account to use google sheets (normally, this is not a problem, but it can be inconvenient for people accustomed to other email providers).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Sheets to any collaborative teams looking for a centralized place to raise and answer questions and maintain records.

We use Google Sheets to track questions and decisions in order to a) reduce the amount of email exchanged between collaborators b) organize meeting around specific questions and topics and c) maintain a record of previous decisions so that we can use them to inform future decisions.

Google Sheets review by Marcos G.
Marcos G.

"Forget about the old and complex Excel... This is way better!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy workin on G Sheets... I couln't say the same thing about Excel. Basically they are the same, but different. Sheets has a more intuitive UI, so if you know a little bit about Excel, you wont have any problems with it... The best thing is the collaborative editing between different co-workers!

What do you dislike?

When the internet fails it wont let you keep editing.... unless you go to settings and allow offline editing ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it... Its free.

We no longer need to use Excel, but instead, we can upload any old excel file, convert them to Sheets and start editing it... We no longer need to make back-ups or carry pendrives because all of our files are on the cloud, and every change you make its secure thanks to the auto-save function

Google Sheets review by Vivian U.
Vivian U.

"Google sheet review"

What do you like best?

Pivot Table is the best feature, I use it a lot and still get excited when data just automatically populate a sheet. Using Google Sheet in conjunction with IFTTT also lets you review whatever data and stats you connect it to.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. But if I have to be very picky I would say when there are too many sheets in a document the performance suffers a little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cloud-based so you can access from any computer, and it's part of google drive and almost everyone can view and edit it without any issue. It has all the functions you need as far as a spreadsheet goes. In addition, you can create Google form and have the data automatically formatted into a spreadsheet. Also, it works with IFTTT so the possibility is endless!

Keeping a log of product status. Data entry. Comparing stats.

Google Sheets review by Jessy H.
Jessy H.

"Super user-friendly, but can't handle big data sets"

What do you like best?

Google sheets is super user-friendly. I love the add-on tools. While I recognize that Excel might be capable of the same things, I find Google's add-on tools more intuitive than Excel. I often times have to collaborate with coworkers, so sharing and co-editing a sheet together is extremely valuable. If I need to merge spreadsheets together, I turn to Google Sheets.

What do you dislike?

Probably not a surprise, but Google Sheets cannot handle large amounts of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for group collaboration, unless you're handling large data sets.

Again, collaboration is one of the best things about any Google product. No need to email outdated Excel files to coworkers when you can all work together in one shared Google sheet. The add-on tools (specifically "Power Tools" and "Sort by Color") make merging sheets, sorting by cell colors, and removing duplicates easy.

Google Sheets review by Callie W.
Callie W.

"Google Sheets fan"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and collaborate on - it helps my team organize as a unit and see what we are working with in terms of individual deadlines. It's simple to navigate and very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The lag can sometimes be an issue - if you have to drag a data box towards the other side of the page, it can start speeding up too quickly and push you past where you are trying to drop it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend - so easy to access, use, and share with people both inside and outside your network. Usability is straightforward and simple. Love it!

It's helping my team stay organized as a unit AND as individuals. We track our sales, ticket priorities, clients, and more in Google Sheets and it's so convenient.

Google Sheets review by Trevor A.
Trevor A.

"Fantastic for basic spreadsheet operations"

What do you like best?

This does everything I use Excel for, but is free and easily accessible. I can work online and offline from any of my devices, including my phone and tablet. Has the vast majority of the functionality I demand from spreadsheets. Easy to access through Google Drive. Accepts just about any type of spreadsheet file.

What do you dislike?

Data visualizations are somewhat lacking compared to Excel, its biggest competitor. Had to learn a few new commands and shortcuts after being used to Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great switch from Microsoft Excel, which is great and the gold standard, but for tasks relying more on organization than operations, Sheets is the better product.

Data that is easily shared and accessed by multiple people without having to send email attachments around the office over and over again.

Google Sheets review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Has all standard spreadsheet functionality"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is an easy-to-use spreadsheet that is quite similar in many ways to popular spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel. There are a lots of very useful automated features you can use to organize data and crunch numbers. You can add contacts and save a lot of time by importing and exporting data to and from different documents. I like that Google Sheets is available online so I don't have to have a separate program that have to download and constantly have updated. The fact that Google Sheets belongs to Google, one of the most trusted software providers nowadays, makes me feel better about it. I feel like it's a program I could use for a while and rely on.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't as robust as a other popular spreadsheet applications like Excel. It may take some time for people to get used to the tools and layout of Google Sheets. Overall though, it comes in handy and I wouldn't say that I really dislike too much about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to try something other than Microsoft Excel or maybe just don't have Excel handy, Google Sheets is a full-featured enough spreadsheet software for you to be able to perform at least basic spreadsheet applications. Over time, you might even be able to find creative ways to be more productive with it. There are lots of resources online, like articles and videos, that can teach you different ways you can use Google Sheets in your business.

I'm able to have a spreadsheet application on hand wherever I go that has pretty much all of the functionality I need for daily tasks. I can format text and cells the way I expect to in other spreadsheet software. I can also save time by exporting data like contact information into various documents.

Google Sheets review by Kaylee R.
Kaylee R.

"Good Functionality, So-So Design"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is incredibly useful for budgeting and keeping track of a variety of things. I have begun using it for completely unrelated things, such as keeping track of character sheets for games like Dungeons & Dragons, simply for its capability to do functions and complete math problems for the user. Once you learn how to include functions, it really minimizes the amount of effort needed for absolutely everything else. The functions have built-in tutorials and tips as well, making the process seamlessly easy.

What do you dislike?

The design is not great — speaking as an artist who values aesthetics in all things, it would be stellar if Google Sheets offered more options than the standard spreadsheet grid. It is kind of ugly, to be honest.

Also, I've found that if I do any functions that are too complicated (referencing a different sheet in a document too many times, for example) Sheets crashes pretty easily, which can be super annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn the functions included in Sheets — it'll make everything else way easier to just put in that effort at the beginning.

I use Sheets to budget, and it has given me more control than any other system I have tried. Unlike most apps or websites that keep track of finances, Sheets allows users to create their own from scratch, and also supplies budget templates for those who do not feel like putting in that amount of effort. The built-in templates are great, and there are tons of business templates for basically anything you could possibly need.

Google Sheets review by User in Internet

"Easy to use and great features that facilitates collaboration"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a truly collaboration platform. You can see in real time when others are contributing to the same document with no synchronization delay. The text wrap features allow you to keep the text of a cell inside the cell even if you choose not to wrap instead of bleeding into the next cell. It's east to setup data validation and conditional formatting rules.

What do you dislike?

Its text and numbering formatting capabilities are somewhat limited. The conditional formatting can be buggy if you insert a row or column into the middle of the conditionally-formatted range.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is great for pretty much everyone except a heavy Excel user that requires all Excel features. It doesn't have every Excel feature, but it does have most of them and some of its own that I find better and easier to use than Excel and it doesn't crash on you as much.

Googles Sheets does not have licensing costs like Microsoft and its features are growing to compete with the legacy spreadsheet product. The real-time collaboration visibility makes it easier to collaborate on a tight schedule without too much conflicts because of synchronization delays

Google Sheets review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"Excellent to collect form data "

What do you like best?

I love googlesheets, it’s the best place for connecting forms and the data. I use it for budgeting and keeping number data. I love that you can create forms and have the data all in one place. Also it has so much storage and can be accessed anywhere which is so nice for on the go work.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is it’s harder to print labels with google sheets then it is with excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There’s no need to pay for Microsoft word anymore, this meets all my work needs and hold everything in the cloud.

Having people fill out forms and holding the information for retreats and bigger church events. I use it all the time for work.

Google Sheets review by User in Computer Software

"Master Budget Planning for Harvest with Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

Sheets allows me to keep track of my scrum team's workflow and know what we're set to complete each week. We use Sheets to track user stories, estimate the billing range for those stories, and get a sense of whether or not we're planning a reasonable amount of work for the week. Like Docs, the real-time collaboration is absolutely fantastic, so much better than the old days of sending excel revisions over email.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to complain about in Sheets -- I think scripting can be a bit more difficult than in Excel, and certain formatting/scripting doesn't transfer over 1:1. I'd like to see this improved in the future, but it's such a minor inconvenience compared to the productivity boost we gain in using this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this over any other spreadsheet on the market.

Sheets lets us internally track hours and keep track of progress for multiple scrum teams, and we use it for basically every feature we need that isn't built into Harvest or JIRA. With clients, Sheets is a lifesaver -- being a free product, we can easily get our clients into our spreadsheets so they can view estimates, get an idea of our workflow, and be kept up to speed on products.

Google Sheets review by Amber H.
Amber H.

"Google Sheets Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using Google Sheets to organize documents and share information with others on my team. I like that I can choose who edits the document but still allow others to view them.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike that they tool bar option can be hard to navigate at times. Also when I go to import an excel the formats do not stay the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is an amazing tool and I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to organise big lists of information.

I am organising my pay structure and keeping detailed notes for classes that I teach. I keep a roster of students as well as contact information organised.

Google Sheets review by Sebastian A.
Sebastian A.

"Better than Excel for basic usage"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Sheets has the ability to collaborate with others on the same document. The possibility of working with the same document with my colleagues makes it very convenient for us. It has a pretty nice user interface, even on a mobile phone, and it has some of the main features and hotkeys of Microsoft Excel.

What do you dislike?

Some formulas or functions are not available. I can't use it for complex spreadsheets. The synchronization process may take some time, especially on slower internet connections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your home computer is connected to a slow network, don't expect your spreadsheet to display very fast.

I use Google Sheets for almost all reports I use inside and outside the company. It's great to be able to share reports and make real-time changes. I enjoy using it for business.

Google Sheets review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"Google Sheets Newbie - and I love it!!"

What do you like best?

I just started using Google Sheets and I love how easy it is to collaborate with peers on one document. I have to be able to share my doc with my bosses whom all work remotely and this makes that a seamless task. I also like that the sheet can be exported.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It is kind of a pain to not have the full formatting functionality of Excel but, Google Sheets make it easy to export to Excel for formatting.

My project manager works in another state and we've always had issues with sharing the most current information on our tracking sheet. We've been able to streamline and cleanup our process.

Google Sheets review by Horst B.
Horst B.

"Nice way to work together on sheets"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy way to work together on cost calculation files. It costs nothing and is integrated in your Google account.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I miss extra features in the tool that are featured from Microsoft Excel for example. But all in all it does what it have to do and is a nice addon to my daily work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it because it is free to work with. Especially if you want a quick basic tool like this.

I often work with cost overviews or other number related files with my colleagues. The work together feature is very nice. Saving works quick and is reliable and the changes are seen instantly by coworkers even from other departments.

Google Sheets review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Love sheets"

What do you like best?

I like that it is just like excel, but free. It has been very helpful in documenting things at work and in home life. I like that it has helped to make sure we are all on the same page. It is nice that we can share it as well.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that is is so easy for someone to change. It has unfortunately made us lose some important information. We were able to retrieve it though by going back to an earlier version which was very helpful. I think that it far makes up for the few things that are hard about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just hope they continue to make improvements where they are needed. They are a great program and I really enjoy being able to use the product. I hope they continue to keep it free as well.

We use it to track patients and where they are in the process. We also use it for marketing and to see where we are going with that. It is nice to see how it can be shared so easily and to see what we need from patients.

Google Sheets review by User

"An excelent cloud option for Excel files"

What do you like best?

The better thing about GSheets is that it's totally cloud. That lets have access to your sheets from any device and anywhere with only an internet connection. Gsheets offers you the most common tools available at MS Excel. Also, let save your sheets in differents formats like PDF, XLSX, ODS, CSV, between others.

Keep and historical for changes made. With Gsheets automatically save every change you made. No more lose you sheet by program errors!

Also, you can work collaboratively with people from same organization or share your work with other people out of your work.

What do you dislike?

GSheets let you work with basic features of Excel. No advance formulas are availables, nor are features like "Solver or "hypothesis analysis" are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gsheet is the perfect tool for collaborative work, totally cloud and it's included as part of your Google corporate services.

GSheet have let us work together in the same document. Each person can make his review and make comments on the sheet. Also can assign task to team mates for complete in the sheet. Don't require an additional licenses and documents can be share with people out of the organization.

Google Sheets review by User in Design
User in Design

"Its easy to share the spreadsheet with other users."

What do you like best?

I like that I can share the spreadsheet with other users and they can make any edits, make a comment or leave notes on cells. Theres no need to save your spreadsheet unlike Microsoft Excel. I also like you can see all the changes and who made each one and when they made it. With that said.. its simple and fast and excellent for collaboration with other users.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about google sheets is you can't use it offline. You have to be connected to the internet. And if your used to working on Microsoft excel you'll notice google sheets doesn't offer all the advanced features like using the formulas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free, free, free! Why pay the extra money for Microsoft Excel when you can use a program similar to it for free. Its easy to navigate and simple.

What business problems I have used with google sheets is that is Free. I don't need to pay extra money to install Microsoft excel on my computer. And if I need to share the files with someone .. its easy for them to open and use the file..Unlike Microsoft excel.

Google Sheets review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Highly convenient and useful"

What do you like best?

I love that google sheets can be accessed from any computer, and that multiple people can work on projects at once. It is very helpful to have a google sheets file that I can share with my coworkers if there is information that everyone needs access to. I also love that I can access sheets on my phone with the app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app does not work as well or intuitively as I expect it to. It is a bit challenging to get the full utility out of it on a phone, but it is still convenient to be able to read and access files on the app when on the go. So overall, it's still a great feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Google sheets is a very convenient and useful tool for people trying to work collaboratively on projects and share information with multiple people at once.

We use google sheets to share spreadsheets with multiple employees so everyone has access to the information on the sheets, like schedules and helpful information. It is highly beneficial to have everything in one place that is accessible by multiple people at the same time and from multiple computers/devices.

Google Sheets review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Missing Functionality Makes Sheets a bit Clunky"

What do you like best?

The portability of Google sheets can't be beat. It's great that I can open a new sheet on the go and no matter where I am. I work from home but meet with people remotely and it's easy to create a new Google Sheet to track items we need to keep tabs on.

What do you dislike?

The biggest drawback is the inability to customize menus, which is exacerbated by some of the most common functions are not included on the shortcut toolbar, such as add cell, row or column with one click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time familiarizing yourself with the organization of the menus and features. If you are accustomed to Excel, make a note of the functions you use most often and figure out where those functions are in Sheets before you start using it. It will save you time and aggravation when you are working on a an actual project.

We track a lot of information because we work with a lot of partner organizations. Organizing partners, projects, ideas, contact, etc. into a Sheet helps us be more productive and is helping us begin tracking info in a way that will make it easier for us to transition to some more specialized software.

Google Sheets review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Google Sheets is a wonderful data tracking program that I would highly recommend."

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a fantastic way to track data. Google Sheets provides an excellent substitute for Microsoft Excel. Google Sheets also has the convenience of being automatically backed up online in your Google Drive so that you do not have to worry about loosing your work. I have a large spreadsheet of data saved on my computer which I must access and edit daily. I have recently been experiencing trouble with my computer crashing and I was losing my data. I backed up my Excel spreadsheet frequently on an external hard drive, but using Google Sheets means I only need to upload the document, or create the document, one time. Then, each time that I access and/or alter the document, all information is automatically saved and easily accessible from anywhere online, or downloaded for viewing anywhere. I would highly recommend Google Sheets to anyone who needs a data/spreadsheet product.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Google Sheets. The one thing I can think of is purely aesthetic. If you compare Google Sheets to Microsoft Excel, the visual formatting options available on Google Sheets are very limited. However, this is hardly something to dissuade someone from using the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Google Sheets if you are looking for a spreadsheet program. Be aware that there is not a large amount of visual formatting available but the information is fantastic.

I access a spreadsheet daily containing information which I consult and update daily. After having problems with my computer and needed to constantly back up my Microsoft Excel document(s) on an external hard drive, I uploaded the document to Google Drive and access it now using Google Sheets. Since doing this, I no long have to back up my document(s)! If I ever want to put the document back on my computer I just have to download it. However, it is constantly saving my work and available everywhere with internet access, so for me it is a fantastic alternative to traditional spreadsheet programs.

Google Sheets review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Google Sheets--not really Excel"

What do you like best?

I like having a web-based platform on which to create, store, and share easy spreadsheets. it's great for simple lists and documents.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets doesn't have many advanced functions--it's NOT Excel. So I often end up having to transfer over to Excel to do whatever I actually need to be doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Sheets only to those who use spreadsheets for tracking and data management, not for any sort of calculations. They are simple to use and share, but they don't have the advanced functions available in Excel, and it's really frustrating to get something set up and then realize it can't do what you need.

Google Sheets allows us to easily share and collaborate on simple spreadsheets, in a way that wasn't so easy in Excel.

Google Sheets review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Google Sheets!"

What do you like best?

When this program was announced I was using it for our E-Com team! It was so nice because as they made changes I could see it LIVE instead of a constant wonder! For me it's also readily available! I don't have to wonder or wait for an update its just there in LIVE time! At work, at home and on the go.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't dislike anything about it! I love how easy it is to use and I love that it updates in LIVE time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't using this product yes you MUST!!

Before we were using Sheets anytime this specific calendar was updated an email had to be sent and sometimes an email wasn't sent and changes would be made and I would feel a bit lost and not always sure what the team was talking about. After we took it to Sheets I never had a problem and always felt in the know.

Google Sheets review by Eric Eduardo W.
Eric Eduardo W.

"Best spreadsheet software online"

What do you like best?

The main reason I like Google Sheets are the live editing and sharing features, as it is comfortable to work an utility similar to Microsoft Excel on projects in real time with coworkers. This is a great utility for any type of businesses or even personal use, and most of basic or needed features are available despite of being free.

What do you dislike?

While Google Sheets have plenty of advantages to other software like Microsoft Excel, it does lack some formatting and advanced features. But to be fair, the software is free and most of the times you won't be needing the lacking options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is an amazing alternative to paid software that can be used in the cloud and the integration with other Google tools or the live editing features makes it a must for those looking to work with spreadsheets.

I have given Google Sheets plenty of uses, including workflow and task management, research for projects, quick surveys between coworkers, keeping track of important data or as a way to keep track of certain topics. It also saved us plenty of times thanks for the sharing and live-editing options, which often would be a mess with offline tools.

Google Sheets review by User in Computer Software

"Great Spreadsheet Tool for Work"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets brings the best of excel into an easily sharable browser-based app. I use Sheets every day, all day. The best features include the autosave and revision change tracking. It is great that you can share documents with co-workers and edit simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, with the ability to edit at the same time, there can be issues with content being deleted accidentally when two people are typing in the same cells. This can be avoided with filter views in most cases, but still is a little difficult when more that one person has editing privileges. Also, more complex formulas and graph creation is not as easy as you would see in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it if you are in a collaborative environment that isn't extremely analytics and graph-heavy. For simple use cases, this tool is great.

Allows for easy collaboration and review of work. Great way to share idea and plans with teams and get feedback in real time with comments and chat feature.

Google Sheets review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Incredibly useful for collaborative work"

What do you like best?

I love being able to have multiple people work on the same sheet at the same time. You can also each edit your own version and make specific changes that will only show on your sheet. You can also work offline.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything I don't like. It solves all problems that I need it to while being completely free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, use it. It is worth it to use in all possible settings. It is free, everyone can do it, and you can use any email as long as you register it with a google account. You don't need to have a gmail account.

I am able to work on the same things as my colleagues at the same time and make comments that they can see. This can be used instead of a shared drive and makes offline or working from home considerably easier.

Google Sheets review by Denise T.
Denise T.

"Everything I need"

What do you like best?

I love that Google Sheets is easy to use and not too complicated. I'm a fairly basic user, but Sheets always provides the formatting and data sorting that I need. One of the best aspects of google sheets, is that like all products in the google suite, it instantly updates and allows my coworkers to instantly see the changes I am making. It's also helpful that multiple people can be sorting and using the same sheet at the same time.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I'd like changed about Google Sheets! It works perfectly for my work and personal needs!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love it!

As mentioned before, Google Sheets allows multiple people to be using and sorting the Sheet at the same time. This saves my co-workers and I time. With my organization, I often need to use data in a Sheet while away from my computer, interacting with my students about information on sheet in real-time. Sheets is versitile and easy to use on the go.

Google Sheets review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"VIPKID Teacher Using Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

I love Google Sheets to create spreadsheets for VIPKID. Being an online teacher, online spreadsheets are helpful for myself to keep organized. I also use other teacher's created sheets to help me do my job.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VIPKID teachers can use Google Sheets in many ways. We can create spreadsheets for feedback for students. We can share notes and collaborate together using it. I also use it to keep my Manycam files together so if I need to re-download any images to use during teaching for my props. It is very useful!

I am easily able to create and copy and paste from the google sheets onto my feedback for my online classes. It is easy to me to switch between the VIPKID program to google sheets to copy and paste the info my student needs to improve their English speaking.

Google Sheets review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"I use google sheets to document my feedback for VIPKiD"

What do you like best?

I like how it is very easy to share with friends/co-workers. I also like that several of us can be in the document at once and making or changing the words as we go. This is a huge help to see what others are writing and then talk about it and edit as needed

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there was a bit of a learning curve to start. It did take awhile to learn the ins and outs of the program. I used youtube videos as a resource to help me figure out anything I had a question with

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play with it and learn. Youtube is a great help also. When you go to youtube, you are able to type in any question and most likely it will walk you through it.

Sharing the document with co-workers is a great way to bounce ideas back and forth.

Google Sheets review by User

"Free, easier to use than Excel, spreadsheet sharing"

What do you like best?

I like that this is more intuitive to use the Excel, probably because it is simple by design. This has been a lifesaver for several jobs and in academia. I like, with all Google products that this is an auto-saving, cloud storing product. I like that it is easy to adjust the formatting and to share this with others, similar to Google Docs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited features. It may be more beneficial to have this product as is meet Excel half-way, then this would be an ideal product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend experimenting with the features to get a feel of the difference between this and Excel. You, as I have, may come to appreciate the user-friendliness of this product due to its simple design. Try sharing this with others and inviting others to edit the spreadsheet as well!

I have easily worked on documents to be shared with the team. We may all work on it and it will save automatically, which is incredibly helpful and useful. The members of my team work across the county, so this has been a game-changer for sharing and editing spreadsheets.

Google Sheets review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"LIFESAVER"

What do you like best?

It is so user-friendly and can be saved in my google drive, so I don't have to take up precious space on my laptop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't understand why the formatting gets messed up, but I am learning new things about it every day through trial and error. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is such a lifesaver for me, I wouldn't be as organized or prepared otherwise. I literally use it every day!

I use it to keep track of my students and feedback I send to parents for VIPKID. It helps me remember which students I've had, when I taught them, and what I mentioned to the parents. It keeps me organized!

Google Sheets review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"Google Sheets but for Business? "

What do you like best?

I love the option where we can have multiple people at one Sheet working on same project keeping track of what has been done. For example, it can be even used for Ticketing system One person is populating a sheet with a ticket number, another person determines the final destination (team) and the third person audits the tickets.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of advanced options the ones we have in MS Excell, this is not a big problem for casual users but for advanced users as my self this is an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Sheets to anyone that has a Gmail account. It costs nothing but it can help you a lot.

Keeping track of almost anything related to our job. from inventory to the resolver and open cases.

Google Sheets review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Review of Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

It streamlines my reporting and organization so that my entire team is on the same page when it comes to numbers and tracking the success of projects. I can do everything I would normally do using excel with that added benefit of clear transparency for my team. I no longer have to send the report each time someone requests it, as they have the doc themselves.

What do you dislike?

Although sometimes good, too many people having access to the same document can cause disorder. When one person makes a mistake i can't personally go and correct it with an undo action. With that said, it is incredibly convenient to have transparency and shared access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for cross functional projects - if you ever need to send documents frequently I would suggest using Sheets as you can share access and the link easily.

Keep track of books, projects, reporting. We create collaborative sheets for projects where each person can add a tab for their responsibilities.

Google Sheets review by Cole K.
Cole K.

"It does what it’s supposed to do"

What do you like best?

I’m not a spreadsheet jockey, so I don’t get into using advanced formulas or calculations much. I do like how easy the conditional formatting tools are, and I use those primarily to track progress on different projects. It’s still a lowest common denominator solution, though, and I imagine Excel is actually more powerful for people who need heavy duty calculation tools. The integration with Google Forms is nice.

What do you dislike?

It’s clunky and easy to let spin into chaos. It’s hard to see comments from people collaborating on a doc with you. And there’s a steep learning curve to setting up a sheet so that other people can’t edit over your stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solution for accounting or some other analytics-type thing, it’s probably fine. If you want to use something for project management or asset tracking or anything organizational, you should try Airtable.

I used it for project management and asset tracking, but that use case has been taken over by Airtable recently. At the end of the day, it’s always better to use a specialized product than a generalized solution.

Google Sheets review by Katie L.
Katie L.

"Experienced Excel Sheets user."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Sheets can be used anywhere online or offline, and can be used on all devices that I use from laptop computer to tablets and Android smart phone. I don't own Apply products, so I am not aware of any difference in compatibility between Apple products and non-Apple products.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I cannot define any dislikes to this Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app on all devices, you never know when Sheets can come in handy. Even if it isn't work related, there are so many uses to the Sheets app.

Often times I can work remote from the office and there does not seem to be a limit to where or when I can access and edit my spreadsheets within Google Sheets. I use Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis for work, and being able to access these documents whether I am in the office using my laptop or working remote and using my tablet. The Sheet can be picked up and used at any time. If offline, you can make edits and save them to a local folder, which can be uploaded to Sheets and Shared to Drive once connected to the internet. The logins to use Sheets are the same as all Google accounts, which is another great feature, because you can use files from Drive to edit in Sheets. You can also download/upload files saved to the device (laptop, smart phone or tablet) and proceed updating or just viewing the spreadsheet. At first I was skeptical of how easily the spreadsheet updates would be using a phone or tablet, because I did have issues with formatting when modifying and viewing a spreadsheet from my tablet prior to using Sheets.

One last "pro" to using Google Sheets is there are several templates that can be utilized when creating a new spreadsheet. Templates such as blank document, budgeting, To-Do lists, etc. and these are all templates I have used successfully.

Google Sheets review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Sheets for data tracking and visualization"

What do you like best?

Sheets is so great that it is in the cloud. I also love that sheets is connected to Google Forms, so data from a survey can automatically go into a sheet. Sheets have all the features that a spreadsheet needs including easy visualization of data. What's amazing about sheets is the collaboration options. This allows several people to collaborate and analyze data on the same sheet.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about Google Sheets. The more I learn, the more I realize how useful they are. I've just learned about their pivot table features, and the tool is even more useful than before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using sheets to easily share and track and analyze data. Using sheets in combination with Google Forms is the best option out there.

We are able to track users as well as analyze data from surveys using Sheets. Without sheets, we would lose out on realizing many patterns of our business.

Google Sheets review by User in Computer Software

"Take advantage of the cloud benefits"

What do you like best?

- Number 1 has to be the fact you don't need to ever be worried that your data will be lost due to forgetting to Save the work (auto-saves) and that you can access it from anywhere.

- It is, essentially, a 'lite' version of Excel, but still carries all the most useful basic functionality - so unless your making some very intricate models, it will definitely do the job.

What do you dislike?

- As an intermediate/advanced user you can get a bit annoyed at the lack of certain functionality.

- The only way to zoom in or out is by actually zooming in and out of the browser itself - not horrible but can't imagine it's very hard to add a zoom bar like in Excel.

- If you zoom in on one sheet, it seems to automatically zoom in on any other sheets you have open as well...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the benefits that the cloud provides look no further.

- We use it for basic modelling for a variety of different projects

- Sales is able to keep their own track record wherever they go

- You can integrate G-Sheets with CRM or customer service software to automatically have data ready to go when you open up the sheet - great for automation purposes.

Google Sheets review by Hannah R.
Hannah R.

"Prefer to Excel"

What do you like best?

Crisp and clean interface, easy to navigate and not overloaded with excess buttons and tools. Can still find everything I need without overwhelming options. I actually prefer using Sheets to Microsoft Excel. Sometimes I need Excel for more advanced formulas, but most of the work I do works perfectly with Sheets and I find it more enjoyable to work with.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that sometimes formulas don't stick for entire rows and I have to manually enter the formula for every single row. This should definitely be fixed.

We use sheets for many of our budgeting goals as well as expense tracking and general information across multiple different properties. I personally use them for newsletter tracking and site URLs as well as email marketing campaigns as a backup record of everything I've sent.

Google Sheets review by User

"Review of Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

I love that I can share my reports and data points easily and have collaborative sheets. This helps me with school projects where we track data. Our schedules are hard to coordinate and this way we all have transparency into the project while being able to contribute work on our own time.

What do you dislike?

Sheets is less customizable than Excel, I have trouble making my tables look as professional which I like to do for presentations. Additionally the user tab is less detailed and user friendly than excel which makes it take a bit longer to analyze data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh the benefits of transparency and shareability vs ease of data analysis.

Collecting data for projects on a shareable interface. Collaborative projects are made much easier when schedules don't have to coordinate as well (I no longer have to edit and send an excel to my partners each time a change is made).

Google Sheets review by Jose A G.
Jose A G.

"Collaborative Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

collaboration

easy integration with email

no duplicated files anymore

It auto saves the info and the changes, for good or for bad

What do you dislike?

old GUI

Limited formatting options, not as visual as other suites for tables and formats.

freeze sometimes, the pointer of mouse can be in a different place where you see it and click it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have a good internet connection and be patient, some that could take minutes in commercial suites can take longer in here.

Collaboration across every team in the organization, there were a lot of duplicated files while preparing files, plans or other related documents that needed to have the input of many individuals.

Google Sheets review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Great for basic spreadsheet use!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of collaboration - I can have multiple coworkers in a document. Additionally, I can easily share it with anyone within the company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the formatting limitations. You can only color columns in graphs and individual cells in solid colors. There are no pattern fills to help differentiate graphs when printed in black and white.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your intended use. If you need basic spreadsheet tracking, formatting, calculations, etc. Then Sheets will work for you. If you need more in depth spreadsheet management - stick with Excel.

We use google sheets to track the status of our projects. We also use sheets to create graphs of soil cores.

Google Sheets review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Google Sheets helps me organize everything in my life"

What do you like best?

I use google sheets for everything both business and personal. I think that it's a great way to make status reports which a lot of our clients use. It's also great for internal teams because then everyone has a center actively working doc that they can reference when they want to see where certain project statuses are. It's a great collaboration tool as well

What do you dislike?

The only thing is that someone can be editing while I am. I know that the cell will turn a different color when someone is editing it but I think that sometimes there's even a bit of a delay and it makes it difficult to see the update. This is very minor though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that anyone use this document if they work with clients. It's great that it's a live active document instead of a spreadsheet that is passed around. I would advise being particular in who you give the active link to but as long as everyone does the right thing then it can really help.

It has helped our teams immensely. It solves the need of sending around an excel sheet and instead there's just a link that we can all edit in real time, this is much easier. It's just great because you don't have to wait to get the sheet back from someone else, you can just always edit it as long as you have permissions.

Google Sheets review by Jolie D.
Jolie D.

"Sheets can be used anywhere! "

What do you like best?

I can use it on my ipad in my classroom and from my phone as well. Syncs up on all my devices and I never have to worry about saving.

What do you dislike?

A little hard to navigate the sort function on the ipad, but I think I figured it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sheets is easy to sort data and keep everything in order for a teacher to work on the go.

As a teacher, I need to have data at my fingertips, and this helps me to have student data on my ipad anywhere I go, or to add data to a spreadsheet and keep it organized easily.

Google Sheets review by Marin J.
Marin J.

"Spreadsheets You Can Check and Update from Everywhere"

What do you like best?

I can access my spreadsheets from everywhere and invite people as needed to edit or view.

What do you dislike?

One time, the iPhone app failed to show me the most recent version, and there was no indication anything was wrong. I edited the spreadsheet just fine, but I wasn't seeing the new information. It ended up causing a mishap at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you are looking at the current version, especially if you are using a mobile app. You may wish to close and re-open the app each time.

I use Google Sheets to suggest web content for approval and claim titles suggested by the editor.

Google Sheets review by Nikita L.
Nikita L.

"Google Sheets- Great Spreadsheet Tool"

What do you like best?

I love Google Sheets as a cloud-based spreadsheet tool. I use it for work and personal use, from budgeting to planning travel itineraries and even deciding what to bring for potlucks with friends and family!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I can think of that I dislike. It does get a big laggy and slow when a lot of people are collaborating at once though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is a great free tool for editing and working on spreadsheets. It works a lot smoother than Microsoft Excel Online, and has all the basic functionality needed for school or work.

Google Sheets solves the problem of not being able to collaborate and work on spreadsheets with multiple users from all over the world at a time, ad not having the issue of creating multiple redundant copies-- a common problem on other file-sharing sites.

Google Sheets review by Luke D.
Luke D.

"Free and works great on the cloud"

What do you like best?

I can start on my home computer and pick up exactly where I left on my work computer and it saves automatically.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have quite as many functions as microsoft excel. If you have alot of calculations in a sheet (thousands) it can take a few seconds to load them all. Never longer than say 30 seconds though and only if you have a ton of calculations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google sheets works almost as good as microsoft excel but with the ease of use of transfering between devices without the need to save.

I do all my workout programs on sheets.

Google Sheets review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Easy way to share data"

What do you like best?

I love that this is constantly auto-saving and that I can easily share this data with my colleagues. I also love that I can easily pull data from other Google tools into my sheet.

What do you dislike?

I wish that this had the same format/formula features as excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to know what your goal is when using sheets. If you are a typical marketer or salesperson, you'll find this offers you more than enough tools. If you are beginning to explore any other Google tool, you'll also find this exceptionally useful. If you are in accounting or finance, you may find it a bit more limiting.

We can now easily collaborate on work together. I also love that I can control privacy settings so we can share data easily without risking the data quality.

Google Sheets review by Mauro G.
Mauro G.

"Like Excel but free!"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets has the excel main functions: allows to create a models for your own business, keep accounts, create a invoice model, share and update a sheet with a co-worker. In addition, thanks to the add-on components installation, it’s possible to meet various work requirements.

What do you dislike?

When using work sheets with a lot of data, loading and editing is too slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets has the excel main functions but...it's free!

Google Sheet has speeded up the information transmission and modification with our business partners, leading to an improvement in the management and execution of orders.

Google Sheets review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Great collab tool"

What do you like best?

Being able to keep track of peers' edits real time, as well as providing the user a familiar platform to Microsoft Excel.

What do you dislike?

Still lacking some functions that Microsoft Excel can provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you will most likely never go back, especially if its functions become more and more similar to Microsoft Excel.

Being able to share real time content and information with peers. Also, being able to access to Google Sheets anytime, anywhere since everything is stored in the cloud system, which eliminates the need of having it stored in a computer.

Google Sheets review by Tony N.
Tony N.

"Simplicity yet Full Featured"

What do you like best?

Access for multiple users onto a shared spreadsheet, ease of adding additional users and ability to restrict user options for editing.

What do you dislike?

the colors, a very slight lag, and for the 2 times that it has happened, the down time but from the Google service itself, but overall very hard to find something to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. It will have all the options you'll need to get the job done!

having access to spreadsheets over the internet, being able to make changes without having to be at the company

Google Sheets review by Brad D.
Brad D.

"Very Useful App in Suite of Other Great Apps"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to work with other colleagues and also the ability to populate fields through a web form. We also like that it is very closely aligned with other more traditional software like Excel.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much to dislike about Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like Microsoft Excel, I would highly recommend you give Google Sheets a try. It will really make your life easier.

We use Google Sheets to handle our form submissions, share statistics amongst colleagues, and keep track of important data like our business financials.

Google Sheets review by Palmira A.
Palmira A.

"Make your work better. "

What do you like best?

Very good and productive work which gives me a chance to add all documents to the web browser. I like that I have the ability to share my files or documents with all my working team.

What do you dislike?

Good product line.We are using that program every single day. We are very glad that that software in our working space. We don't have time to complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will find a good solution for your working needs. To work with this program always easy. Very simple to understand for every person. The very good way of sharing.

Work is more clear. No more mess, which person will work with folders. Big helper with make choice about access to my documents. Perfect that we can work all together on the same period of time.

Google Sheets review by Kalie S.
Kalie S.

"Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

Are use Google sheets a lot in my classroom and with my side jobs. I like that I can add on different colleagues and have them help edit or add new information.

What do you dislike?

Initially it takes a few times of using it to understand the different shortcuts.

I like allowing the whole group to edit a sheet and add their input Instead of one person having to do so and then send it out. I also like that I can see who edited what and be able to update it and everybody see it in Live time.

Google Sheets review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"Useful way to track and share information"

What do you like best?

It's easy to share real time updates and access the information on the web from any device.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all the functionality of excel and sharing permissions on items in the Google Drive (like information in a Sheet from a Google Form)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to include sharing permission to a Google Drive, as well as to the sheet. Google Forms are handy for having outside users input information in a standardized way.

Sharing across institutions, sharing information with people off site, collaborating on information with partners around the world

Google Sheets review by Catherine B.
Catherine B.

"I use google sheets for everything!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to update a sheet in real time, share with those who need the info. I like the layout. The simple set up. I like that it is mobile.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything. They keep improving and make it so worth it.

I am using google sheets to process applications for dog adoptions, I also use it to keep track of finances and other information for my girl scout troop.

Google Sheets review by Julia F.
Julia F.

"Easy to use and share"

What do you like best?

I really like that it makes it very easy to share and edit documents with my co-workers. Google Sheets is very user friendly, so new users don't require much training. I also really like that it allows me to carry my documents across many platforms.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets saves time and energy trying to get documents from one person to the other. It means that we don't have to keep saving different versions and keeping track of all the edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All companies need to use Google Sheets for the spreadsheet needs. It will save you time and money.

It allows me to track my budget across more than just my computer. It also allows my company to create documents, share them and save time by adding collaborators.

Google Sheets review by Lauren R.
Lauren R.

"Google Sheets Outperforms Others"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to share with a colleague! There are no discrepancies in computers; if they have google accounts, it appears the same for editing!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike; it is free, user-friendly and convenient!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google sheets could do nothing but help your organization. It is typically google--relatively efficient and bug free.

Google Sheets is what I exclusively use now for compiling data. It has helped in personal research as well as professional ventures; as I constantly use it to keep up with student data.