Google Sheets

(216 reviews)

Google sheets is a cloud-based productivity tool for creating and managing spreadsheets.

Work for Google Sheets?

Learning about Google Sheets?

Google Sheets Reviews

Ask Google Sheets a Question
Showing 219 Google Sheets reviews
Google Sheets review by Shayla C.
Shayla C.

"We connect on Google Sheets"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Sheets
Google Sheets review by David S.
David S.

"Shareable Spreadsheets For The Win"

What do you like best?

Shareability is the greatest asset of the Google Drive platform. I do everything in Google Sheets. Budgets, asset tracking, bids, etc. It's an extremely versatile platform with all the wonderful features of Excel and then some. It's great to be able to see where someone else is editing—when a cell is highlighted—be able to pull data from multiple sheets into one, use drop-downs, code if/then statements, etc. There's really quite a lot you can do if you understand design and make use of the extra functions in the program.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is that Sheets is really an online only platform. Yes, you can technically download items and keep them "offline," but offline mode has always been sterile at best, and unavailable or unreliable at most. The best features for Sheets come with access to the cloud, and every time you're editing a file and lose internet access for a minute you lose the entire ability to edit your sheet. It's not just annoying, sometimes it completely prevents you from finishing work. For any offline needs, Excel or Numbers is the better way to go. I also wish that exporting PDFs were easier. Currently there's no way to export only the selected area across all tabs at once. You can either export the entire workbook, and all cells at that, or you can individually export the selected area on current tabs, one at a time. It's not a huge deal, but it creates more menial tasks and bloats the workflow for exporting certain workbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You'll never want to return to another spreadsheet software.

At my company, we use Sheets for all bidding, budgeting, job tracking, asset tracking and annual financial planning. We've built our own special setups that function a lot like applications within Sheets, and everything is accessible directly via our Drive account. It's great that we can also manage permissions.

What Spreadsheets solution do you use?

Google Sheets review by Patricia  D.
Patricia D.

" Documents online, the best I can have and for sure !!!"

What do you like best?

I like to practice without losing my security and that's what I get with my online documents, I no longer depend on a pendrive that can be lost or damaged, I have my important files online and I download them or modify them whenever I want

What do you dislike?

No complaint for me and for my fieldwork is perfect like this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for those of us who are in the field and we do not have access to a computer, but also for the house!

Having my worksheets online allows me to modify my budgets minutes before being delivered to the client, in my country the hyperinflation has led us to take this into account, I do not charge exaggerated but my budgets do not last more than 48 hours, if my clients want more time to decide the amount changes of course and the adjustment is automatic, only from the web without having to take my equipment everywhere.

Google Sheets review by Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

"Google Sheets is the new spreadsheet on the market, a great application "

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a powerful and very innovative application, it has traditional functions of the basic spreadsheets but with more complements and colors.

I mainly like that the file can be saved to the account without having an additional storage device, which makes the file available at any time, and can be easily edited at any time and from any device. Also, regardless of the file format of the spreadsheet, I can open it with Google Sheets.

I like the way to perform the calculation tables, in addition the mathematical operators work very well and are easy to use.

also the panel of tools is very comfortable, since you have ordered the functions correctly.

In addition, you can make graphics for the istante, with a supply of accurate data.

In general I can say that I like this software, it is very useful for my work.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets is an application that has no waste so it has very few disadvantages, however, you must add some additional templates to facilitate the work, especially to make graphs of mathematical functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software, its advantages will be exploited to the maximum using all functions. also with Google Sheets you can be your personal calculator with which you can keep track of your expenses in an orderly manner.

Working with Google Spreadsheets has been a great experience has given me the necessary calculations and graphics have allowed me to gain time in my work, which is equal to simplify my work greatly.

Google Sheets review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"I Use Google Sheets for Everything. "

What do you like best?

I love that I can organize lots of different types o f information in Google sheets. It works great on the computer (obviously) but what makes it a truly useful app is how it transfers to phone use. When I need information on the go, I know I can trust Google Sheets to be available on my phone, readable, and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more templates to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is as helpful as you make it - go ahead and put in the extra time at the front end to get it set up *just* right. You'll thank yourself later! If you are having trouble keeping it updated, go ahead and reference your docs you keep in Google Sheets regularly in whatever group chat you use - it can be a bit of a pain to update things for others.

It has been useful in collaborating with team members who live out of state. Anyone can sign up for different time slots in the same document in real time, or insert other useful information we can all see.

Google Sheets review by Ann G.
Ann G.

"Amazing tool for computing and keeping a record of multiple data with sharing ability!"

What do you like best?

What I like about this tool is that it has the same feature as the MS Excel but an improved version. Since you can share it with multiple people on your network, you can edit the file the same time without worrying that you might lose the one you input. It doesn't overlap the work of others because you can see whatever they're doing on the same file.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of, I believe this is by far the best tool I have ever used especially it has the same formulation and algorithm as MS Excel!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best spreadsheet tool, easy, reliable, works real-time!

Well, mostly the ability to work on your thing without having to remember to hit Save. (I'm so guilty of this) I can always go back to the file and access it also using my phone. This is really an amazing application.

Google Sheets review by Cristina R.
Cristina R.

"Fantastic, free, advanced sheets and calculation tool"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is free, fully integrated into Google's ecosystem, instant to load a use, seamlessly integrated into web browsers without requiring any downloads.

Available on mostly every smart device, phone, tablet and computer.

Sheets is a fully featured software, it allows from very basic calculations, or just simple table arrays and displays to more advanced math operations. You can use it from anything from a very basic table you just want to display, to advanced company data management full of thousands of data entries with advanced formulas performing calculations.

Sheets is seamlessly integrated into the google ecosystem to the point of instant and easy collaboration. It allows you to set permits and collaborate with friends, coworkers and anyone you choose, while deeply customizing their available options and permits.

Sheets is available on pretty much any smart platform or computer allowing you to always have your documents ready for viewing or editting.

What do you dislike?

Excel dominates the market, and Google sheets loses some of that functionality, advanced formulas and macros that excel uses.

You may lose important formatting or operations when moving between them, forcing you to stick to only one platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider macros and advanced requirements before commiting one of your documents since you may lose some of excel's functionality.

Google Sheets has allowed me to collaborate on multiple date sheets with coworkers regardless of time, place and device I'm using.

Google Sheets review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Absolute best online Sheet tool, spectacular share & collab functionality"

What do you like best?

Free, easy to use, no installation required on PC, fast, available on pretty much anywhere with a web browser, and directly as a standalone app for tablets and smartphones.

Spectacularly easy to create online sheets you can share with friends and coworkers and have them collaborate and edit as well.

Allows to set your edit and view permits to even specific parts of the sheet.

Has most of the basic and some advanced tools from other spreadsheet software packages. Features full integration with most of the Google ecosystem and devices

What do you dislike?

Lacks compatibility with some advanced Microsoft excel functions & formats. Advanced files can't move back and forth between the two.

Lacks Macro options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to consider the advanced functions and macros you might need before commiting fully, Consider it as an additional option to microsoft excel for sheets that don't require specific advanced functions or going back and forth between both packages.

From mundane tables and data, to college research and advanced industry operations, Google Docs has allowed me easily collaborate with colleagues while working on advanced spreadsheets.

Google Sheets review by Krista B.
Krista B.

"Easy way to share information"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share the spreadsheets with multiple people, who can also edit at the same time I can. This is helpful when having coworkers that are not always in the office, we can all keep track add and edit things, without having to log out and login in when someone is not using it. I like that is automatically saves and I do not have to remember to save every time something is imputed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I think this is a wonderful program. It helps me stay on track daily editing as I go, all edits get saved and shown to those shared with automatically :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, never have to remember to "save" just pick up where you left of

Keeps out of state owners informed. They can easily access the spreadsheet, make changes, and see when things are being added in real time.

Google Sheets review by Lindsay F.
Lindsay F.

"I use Google Sheets for everything!"

What do you like best?

Being able to access my documents on my phone on the go is key for me. I've been surprised at how easy the iPhone app is to use, and how you have access to all the formatting options you would normally want. I haven't used the pre-made templates much yet, but it seems like they could be really helpful as well – I'd love if there were even more, to give ideas about how to use the software in new ways! I do use the 'make your own template' option, which is really helpful. It's great that within Google Drive, it's a whole suite of products that you can use, so your spreadsheets stay organized along with all your documents. I don't store anything on my computer now, it's all on Google! Never have to worry about backing it up, and it always stays updated from any device that you access from.

What do you dislike?

I would love if there were more keyboard shortcuts, like for switching between sheets within the documents, formatting as currency, or other things that I use often. There are certain bugs with the formatting, where you'll tell a row to format as currency, and it just won't 'stick', so you keep having to select it again and again for any new number inputted. I don't understand why Google Sheets is a separate app & website than Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this to track your hours, stats, financials, client database, market research, scheduling... anything!

Goggle Sheets helps me stay organized and track the information I need. I'm able to pull up detailed info for my business anywhere I am, via my phone.

Google Sheets review by Maik H.
Maik H.

"Sheet managing tool and collaboration work"

What do you like best?

It simply works! The tool is easy to manage, very stable in the whole using process and completely free to use. Also, it has full mobile support. I can have access to all my sheets at any time and anyplace I want to work with them or need them. Another very useful point is the cloud saving of all your sheet files via Google Sheets. You can not lose important files.

What do you dislike?

The one and only point I have is that the tool has not as many features as other office tools for desktops. Other tools offer more features for document-based working. But I have also to say that Google Sheets does not need them in all cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone who wants a nice and working tool for organizing their own sheets or for working in collaboration with other people on sheets should take a serious look at this tool. It simply works and is completely for free.

We use the tool in our company because with it we can work together on the same sheets. Whether in teams or partner work it is working perfectly. Changes are visible instantly and you see what your coworker has changed or noted in your shared documents. This works very reliably and fast.

Google Sheets review by Suci B.
Suci B.

"Google Sheet for Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, clean interface, conditional formatting, the ability to insert comment & note, all the functions listed, has add-on feature, save things online and can easily be downloaded as excel sheet or pdf.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have that many template, text doesn't always automatically fit the column. I also wish picture will be automatically fit into the column or the column adjust itself automatically with text or picture. However, those mentions are just tiny minors that can be overlooked. Overall, I am happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that Google Sheet is an online product and save docs online so I could access it from anywhere at anytime. My biggest nightmare would be losing data that I have been working on if something happened to my laptop or phone. Also, I like that they listed all the functions so I don't have to memorize or google what to do for the function I want to use.

Assignment tracker, daily/weekly/monthly report, budgeting, invoice, expense report, data collection, and many more.

Google Sheets review by Ron B.
Ron B.

"Creating Collaboration in a Space with many Silos"

What do you like best?

Collaboration--with no software our university buys that allows the Career Development Center to collect data from multiple areas, Google Sheets has helped us to break down the silos that have existed for years regarding internship activity. We ask professors to add their information for students in internship experiences to the active sheet. That information can then be formatted uniformly in my office, and used to report out as needed. It also stores the record giving historical context like we have never seen before. The best part is that participants (faculty) do not need to have a Google account to add content.

What do you dislike?

Having to reformat the information entered is not ideal, but that has more to do with the participants that collaborate with whatever project.

Google Sheets allowed our office to 1) be the hub and repository for internship activity on-campus and 2) to easily allow professors to connect with our data collection.

Google Sheets review by Shawn L.
Shawn L.

"When it comes to spreadsheets, this is one of the best options in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is easy to use, the interface is nice, the performance is smooth, the integration with other tools from Google including easy sharing, the compatibility with different devices, being able to import spreadsheet files from other software like Microsoft Excel, efficient printing options and the availability of templates for a quick start and being able to edit it in groups online.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike about, however some advanced features are lacking and it is harder to format than offline tools.There is a challenging learning curve for bigger projects, but for most documents it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite of lacking some features available in offline tools, I find Google Sheets extremely useful as it is great when it comes to sharing with other and creating basic documents. If you prefer to do more complex projects, it will require some heavy research in advance.

I currently use Google Sheets to track tasks around customer support or client information, and in some case it is a nice way to keep information organized during busy days. The sharing options also make it easy to distribute them to coworkers and being able to edit with others at the same time can help when doing research.

Google Sheets review by Susanna Y.
Susanna Y.

"The Better Way to Complete Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

I like the sharing aspect. I like that it is cloud-based and allows people to work simultaneously on one document. I like that you can see who is there working with you. I love that I can have the app on all of my devices to have with me anywhere there is internet. There is also the option to work offline.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the app's usability. In the app, there are more keystrokes than on the computer and it can take some time to get used to. Once you figure out the keystrokes, it is fine. It just takes a bit more time to remember what to do. For example, you can't just click on the cell to edit. You must first press the pencil (edit) key to open the cell up to editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only issue I have had with Google Sheets is that sometimes it doesn't convert to the needed format that others use. However, I would just suggest everyone in your company use Google Sheets exclusively and there will be no issues. Once everyone gets used to Google Sheets, I can't imagine they will want to return to any other software. The flexibility that Google Sheets offers your employees will be enough of a push.

I am able to keep track of expenses versus income. It has allowed me to see where I have spent too much money investing into the business versus my return.

Google Sheets review by Kyle E.
Kyle E.

"An "open source" simpler version of Excel"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to work in a fully open document wherein an entire team or group can change, review, or edit accordingly. It's great for when we are compiling polling data and research or editing POs.

What do you dislike?

There aren't as many formatting options as I would like. One of the reasons, why I can imagine that Excel stays relevant is the ability to edit the data in more ways than is possible in other programs such as this. It requires an export of the data to another program often to make it look "prettier"

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using across company employees, consider gmail accounts for the entire team using it. I have found that there is less hassle with spam/IT filters when going directly through a linked gmail account + you can add any sheets to your 15gb Google Drive and access them from anywhere.

We're able to forego big meetings/brainstorms and instead edit and add data at our own pace. We all have the ability to question anything we see through an embedded chat, or simply making comments in the document. Everyone is able to see who is responsible for their own content. Plus, the edit history function is a lifesaver.

Google Sheets review by Bethany M.
Bethany M.

"Google Sheets is a Free, User-Friendly Excel"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the user interface and program layout. I also appreciate that google sheets documents can be accessed wherever one can log in to one's Gmail account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a separate app must be downloaded in order to access google sheets documents from one's mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is a great asset for collaborative work, especially from a distance. Users can see realtime additions and/or changes by others who have access to the shared Google Sheet. Be prepared, however, to have internet access available at all times. With no internet access, a Google Sheet cannot be accessed or edited. Also, if a Google sheet is created or joined via access from a company email address, be sure to download a copy of the Sheet if you foresee leaving the company, as access to the Sheet will be denied upon loss of access to a Gmail email address.

Google sheets is a great way to work with others on a single document. Shared document access is a great asset for collaborative work.

Google Sheets review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Perfect for shared spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a fantastic solution for easily sharing spreadsheet documents. It's basically like having Excel in your browser. Granular permissions make it easy to grant read access to one group and write access to another, and integrates with G-suite making it incredibly easy to share documents inside and outside your organization while keeping your data appropriately secured. There is also a large marketplace of add-ins that allow you to extend your spreadsheet with 3rd-party data and programs.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets can be terribly slow when you are working with very large spreadsheets. In such cases, I would recommend using the native Excel apps and sharing .xlsx files via Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still believe Excel is a better spreadsheet editor, but the sharing features and ease of programmatic access make it ideal for certain use cases. If you need either of these features, I would recommend trying it. Otherwise, stick with Excel.

One way we use Google Sheets is by sharing and updating BI reports. Add-ins and scripts programmed against the API allow us to sync our analytics data with sheets and update it automatically. Permissions allow us to share this data within our organization. Another creative way we use Google Sheets is by having some of our automated processes generate review reports when something needs to be manually verified. These reports can be quickly reconciled by a team member and have allowed us to automate significant parts of our workflow with minimal human intervention.

Google Sheets review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Good for quick and dirty spreadsheets, but lacking many obvious features"

What do you like best?

I like the Paste keyboard shortcuts which enable you to copy and paste data as text much faster than Microsoft Excel. This speeds up the workflow significantly. I feel that the copy and paste is smoother than Excel, since you can highlight, copy, delete the copied cells, and then paste somewhere else without losing that data. As far as I know within Excel, you cannot copy, delete, and then paste the data.

Compared to Excel, Sheets simplifies the process of filtering data in columns by removing extra steps, and allowing you to click the column and sort by a variety of options without only filtering the data in that specific column. I found Excel's filtering feature to require too many steps just to sort all data by one column, but this is much easier to accomplish in Sheets.

What do you dislike?

Sheets lacks many obvious keyboard shortcuts that one would think would be standard. For example, the only way to merge cells is by navigating through the dropdown menu (3-4 clicks), and then repeating the same steps each time you want to merge a column or row. While some workarounds have been found, this is not a long-term solution to the lack of basic shortcuts.

Sheets does not allow you to automatically format a number to a percentage without adding two additional decimal points (i.e. 25 becomes 25.00%, and you cannot decrease the decimal point any lower than that to just 25.0% or 25%.). This is very odd and requires you to manually add the percentage unless you want two decimals in each percentage.

What is also disappointing is the lack of customization options for the menu. You are stuck with the standard menu layout, unlike Excel, where you can pick and choose what appears in the menu. Allowing users to customize the menu would fix many of the keyboard shortcut shortfalls, and would ultimately speed up your workflow by removing excessive clicks.

Finally, the biggest issue with sheets is performance. Performance will drive you away from using this application. There are periods of time when, for any variety of reasons, performance will lag and make Sheets very difficult to navigate and use. Though performance tends to vary by browser, I found Chrome to handle Sheets the worst out of Firefox and Safari. When this happens, there's not much you can do, especially if you've checked all the obvious culprits (add-ons, browser extensions, large amounts of data, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it lacks some basic, seemingly obvious features and shortcuts, Sheets is great for quickly creating and sharing basic spreadsheets.

We are able to easily create and share spreadsheets throughout the company, while updating them in real-time. This eliminates unnecessary email chains and duplicate spreadsheets since everyone always has the latest version. Using Google Sheets has ultimately helped us become more organized.

Google Sheets review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"The best chart organization "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use but I love that is converts everything since a lot of people still use Excel. I also like how when you print a page is condensed it and doesn’t use more paper then needed

What do you dislike?

I don’t really dislike anything. There was a learning curve as there is to everything but a simple google search will teach you what you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using google sheets over excel. Google sheets is way easier to use and if you company uses excel, don’t worry everything converts. Also I LOVE how you can save the doc as an excel and email it straight from sheet. Also everything being saved right away on ur google drive is amazing.

Currently I use google sheets every month to track my business expense. The document that my organization gave me was an excel and is easy transferred to google sheets

Google Sheets review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Google Sheets work for all of your needs"

What do you like best?

Google sheets are perfect for me in my position. In order to keep track of my students, their grades, interactions and such, I need some type of spreadsheets. Because I work from home, but often travel, it's helpful not having to bring my computer or laptop with me all the time. I am able to access sheets from any device in any location. Also, often times my colleagues and I need to keep track of data at a school wide level. With permissions, we are given the opportunity to use the same sheet and add to it as we go!

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to get used to as I was trained in excel spreadsheets. However, the perk of being able to share the sheet live outweighs having to learn a little bit different software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend the use of Google Sheets especially when you work in travel and may not want to carry around your laptop but have access to other devices.

Because of the ability to share Google Sheets without having to email a file, everything is more secure in this way. A secured email isn't necessary. Simply add the email that you would like to share the sheet with, and they can automatically access it by logging into their drive.

Google Sheets review by Shaun E.
Shaun E.

"Google Sheets - Nearly Better Than Excel?"

What do you like best?

I like the portability Google Sheets provides the end user. The ability for multiple users to access the same Google Sheet at the same time saves masses of time making amendments and emailing an updated document. The ability to share and restrict access depending on your domain or on an individual basis means that your Google Sheet can be used for the desired purpose. Google Sheets also incorporates many of the common formulas that you would see in Excel meaning there is no learning curve if you already have experience of Microsoft's counterpart. As everything is based within Google Chrome (which is a free download) documents can be opened an edited on a range of devices without any additional costs to the end user. Finally, storing Google Sheets in the cloud is a must have!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Google Sheets does have a limit on the amount a cells per document. I feel this is the only area where Excel excel's Google Sheets. Excel does contain more functionality than Google Sheets but I have seen features added over the past 18 months and I hope this continues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the full potential of Google Sheets, it has more benefits than Excel!

Google Sheets is used by every department in the business! The ability to collaborate on the same Sheet saves time and costs! We use Google Sheets along side Google Forms which allows us to collect relevant information for the business. This saves on using another third party solution.

Google Sheets review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Working with Google sheet"

What do you like best?

It is easy and I am able to keep track of things. It has a lot of capacity and will handle a lot of data. It stays up to date.It is accessible from anywhere on the drive and so data can be entered at almost any time. It is a good basic tool for a company starting out and not wanting to spend a lot of money.

What do you dislike?

Too much work navigating between the various sheets. It has become somewhat overwhelming with all of the different sheets added to the workbook where with a better software, that would not be necessary. This has created a lot of extra work. As the company grows, it outgrows the capabilities of this product. But it is a basic solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sufficient for a lot of things but as the organization grows, it doesn't have the capabilities that are needed for good tracking of clients. I have worked with good CRM programs in the past like ACT and SalesForce. Would prefer to be using something like that but it is not my decision. As we continue to grow, I know that we will need to step up and start using something more robust and capable of meeting the expanding needs. I feel that too much is deleted accidentally or just lost in the shuffle.

Everyone has access to make changes. Ithas been ok to work with I have requested better

Google Sheets review by Fernando HĂ©ctor M.
Fernando HĂ©ctor M.

"When it comes to online tools, this is a must"

What do you like best?

I would start by mentioning it is available for free, it includes options for hosting and sharing, there are several tools available for both amateurs and professionals and the formatting options are nicely implemented. You can also import files from other tools, but I got a couple of problems with certain Microsoft Excel files.

What do you dislike?

I have little to dislike about Google Sheets, however the only one aspect I usually waste time is when including images to the files, mostly from the upload process. Because of this, I usually use this software as a text only tool most of the times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it can't replace offline tools, Google Sheets is one of the best offerings available for free when working in the cloud. It is easy to use and you can share them after with anyone, both for reading or editing.

I was able to manage different tasks and to communicate between the coworkers, saving time and energy. It also allowed me to do personal task and easily share them online once finished.

Google Sheets review by Lorenza B.
Lorenza B.

"Google Sheets helps your team work on documents."

What do you like best?

One of the reason, and the think that I love most of Google Sheets, is the fact that I can see live changes of documents from others from the team in real time. So I do not have to worry about the files, and trying to send them to everyone, and collecting all the versions, and compare them, and unify them. With Google Sheets we can work simoultaneously and share the docs with no problems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Sheets seems a bit disconnected from real world organization. For example it would be great to see who access what file and wich work did on the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel the lack of professional interface as in the Microsoft Office suite. But I can say you that I only use it to work with other person. After the session I always manage the files in my Office suite. So test it out, also because is free.

I use it often when I have to work on documents with other people. It saves a lot of my time, so I can focus on work and not to editing the documents only.

Google Sheets review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Why I love Google Sheets!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love auto save function with google sheets, it has saved me many times!

What do you dislike?

Learning google sheets was hard but once I got it, it wasn't so bad and extremely worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not give up on google sheets when you first start. Take the time to review the site and get familiar with the small differences from the excel sheets you are already using. I do not think you will regret your decision to move to google sheets I sure did not! Being able to access a spreadsheet and make changes together as a team is the best part for us.

I use google sheets to track agent production, seminar reservations, mail drops, rate of response, small chart graphs to monitor our largest production points in the year. There are so many sheets to name off that we use and I do not think that we will ever use anything different.

Google Sheets review by Mander R.
Mander R.

"Great way to stay organized!"

What do you like best?

I use Google Sheets to keep things organized at work. As a tutor, I use it to track students' progress, and as a writer, I use it to keep track of my own work. It's a really great tool and it's super simple - very similar to Microsoft Office, except that it can be used anywhere from any computer with no obnoxious subscription fees or anything like that.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd change is to add some way to skip down rows on long documents without having to scroll forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the switch. And you don't even have to recreate all the existing documents you might have in excel. You can just import them into Sheets and it will convert them all for you and store them in the cloud for easy access! There's really no reason not to make the switch at this point.

I use it to track my work, primarily, and to keep my writing organized.

Google Sheets review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"For a free spreadsheet tool, what more could you possibly want?"

What do you like best?

Being a native app in Google Drive and on Android devices, this is a great go-to solution. We use Google almost exclusively in-house. It being totally free is a huge plus!

What do you dislike?

Well, it's not Excel. But it doesn't have to be. That would only be a determining factor in your decision making process if your business already used Office 365. We're a Google family so switching was a very easy choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It costs literally nothing to try it out. If you miss the bells and whistles available with Excel (maybe you can't program it in all of the same ways you're used to), it might be worth checking out some add-ons to see if there's a different app that basically accomplishes the same thing.

The functionality is definitely there. If you can't set up scripts the way you really want them, there are plenty of add-ons available (although I don't know what apps being shut down means for that in 2018. Do add-ons for Google Sheets, which is itself an app, count as apps? Does anyone know the answer to that question?).

Google Sheets review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Easiest way to share organized information."

What do you like best?

Google Sheets lets you create and manage a spreadsheet online FOR FREE. You can import your standard Excel sheet into Google Sheets, access it from anywhere on pretty much any device, at any time. Have a coworker or friend you need to share some information with? Simply give them the share link and they have instant access to the information.

What do you dislike?

For a FREE service it is hard to dislike much about it, but it does lack some functionalities of your standard excel spreadsheet program. Things do not important 100% correctly to it sometimes but its an easy task to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to share information with multiple people or require the ability for multiple users to have access to and edit one single spreadsheet of information. This is the perfect free solution for you.

We use Google Sheets to share and allow multiple users to have access and update one spreadsheet of information. The ability to have multiple people looking and editing the same spreadsheet at once, all together is just what we needed for some of our daily tasks.

Google Sheets review by Lukas G.
Lukas G.

"Remote group work done right!"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is an easily accessible and free Google product that lets one use most of the Microsoft Excel abilities. It offers one of the best platforms for group project implementation where any changes done by any logged in user can be seen in real time. Great for small businesses that do not require huge database work.

What do you dislike?

At some degree, it seems like an oversimplified version of the Microsoft Excel version and lacks some of the capabilities it offers. Overall it is a great tool for day to day operations and I cannot think of any complaints, especially, since it is free for all platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is worth the while to introduce to your team. Not only it helps to monitor daily tasks and spreadsheets when some of the project management is away, it also shows the change in real time, lets one comment and view change history. A decent and fulfilling tool for any small businesses.

The product is mainly used for remote group project management and it helps to reduce the time used for data sharing and increases work efficiency overall.

Google Sheets review by Maggie S.
Maggie S.

"Great Spreadsheet Software"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Google Sheets is real time collaboration. It is so easy to jump on a phone call with a colleague and chat while we both click through and edit a spreadsheet for our project. I also appreciate the general usability of it and how simple it is to navigate the application.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not experienced any difficulties thus far. I really enjoy using Google Sheets! The ease of access and user friendly design have made my job as a virtual assistant very easy. It just takes a few clicks to update a sheet and send it back to my coworker. I have also utilized Sheets for personal use such as budgeting, meal planning, and fitness progress tracking, with no difficulty or complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend using Google Sheets! Whether it is in the workplace, in schools, or for personal use. It is easy to use no matter what level of experience you have, from simple data sheets to formula-ridden spreadsheets.

It is incredibly simple to share a Sheet with a coworker by simply sending them a link to view or edit. No downloading required and no back and forth email hassle. Just copy and paste the link and adjust the editing settings to your preference. This makes the process faster and easier to complete a collaborative project when we can both edit the Sheet at the same time by following one link.

Google Sheets review by Maria S.
Maria S.

"Great program!"

What do you like best?

It has almost all of the same capabilities as Excel does and operates in pretty much the same way. For me, this meant that there was little-to-no learning curve when I started working for a company that was Google based instead of Office based. I love that I still have a large number of functions that I can use and customize. I can filter and analyze my database in just about any way I need. Like most Google products, its user interface is fairly easy to use and understand and it saves to the Google Drive. So I can access my files from anywhere and share my files with the rest of the office.

I like that you can set a temporary filter so that how you sort the sheet doesn't display on other users' ends.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that don't carry over from Excel. They aren't deal breakers, but they are still inconvenient.

There are fewer ways to sort and filter information. For example, Sheets doesn't have the ability to sort by the color of the cell.

In Excel, you can group rows so that only certain information is visible at a time. For example, I could have a list of students, then underneath each student they could have the courses they are taking. The courses wouldn't be visible unless the group was expanded. In Sheets, you can hide information by row (or column), but once expanded, you have to reselect each group to hide it again. This also hides the information from everyone else working in the sheet. It isn't possible to hide information for just one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as the few negatives I listed in the review aren't necessities, this program should be perfect for your spreadsheet needs.

We use Google Sheets for a lot of different purposes. The one we use most often is it acts as our enrollment database. We have a Google Form set to export completed enrollment forms to the spreadsheet. We can then use that to track our students. From there, we can run just about any report we need. We use it for course and grade records, progress tracking, scheduling. The cloud setup (via Google Drive) makes it easy to access information from anywhere and to share it with anyone who needs it.

Google Sheets review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Google sheets provides incredible organization. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate. I use it in my current job of online teaching. I have been able to successfully keep track of my payment, individual students, and my class schedule. Google sheets allows me to share with other teachers and collaborate which is fantastic to build a community.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to learn advanced techniques in Google sheets. I am able to do the basics, which works well enough, however, I may be missing out on great features but they are not easily accessible for the average user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this product if you need organization within your business!

I have been able to keep track of my payment and class schedule, which can both be difficult to do short notice problems and changes It is so easy and fast to alter information, and it's all organized in one place.

Google Sheets review by Keshia B.
Keshia B.

"Auto Save Your Data"

What do you like best?

Google sheets are amazing! I am able to collaborate with people within my work place on a piece of data. At the beginning of the school year 4 different teachers work together to gather data on each students. Google Sheets allowed us to have all the students information on the same page and then we were able input our information as we completed an assessment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the printing feature. I would like to know what one page print looks like prior to going to the print feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improve!!! Look at features that Excel has and continue adding those to Sheets. I have used Excel for many years but when I found out that I could share data and have it autosaved I quickly moved to Sheets. It is an amazing google featured!

The business problems that I am solving by using Google Sheets is the problem of data not being shared. To often data is collected and no one sees it. By sharing the information with other teachers we can work together to improve our students intervention or extensions.

Google Sheets review by Tushar B.
Tushar B.

"Good spreadsheet to use in the cloud"

What do you like best?

When it comes to cloud, I believe this is one of the best spreadsheets application. Ofcourse, I like Microsoft Excel more (if I need to use it locally), but not on the cloud. Good for sharing and collaboratively editing the same document. Performance is mind blowing.

What do you dislike?

Very less things to dislike the product. But, it is lacking some features from the desktop application that Microsoft provides. It could enhance those features. Other than that, it is pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best tools for spreadsheets if you are looking to use it online (on the cloud) which is nowadays one of the best options because you don't want important stuff to disappear or get deleted from your laptop due to a virus or just some hardware issues.

Using documentation to collaborate and design documents at work.

Google Sheets review by Beikis Carolina L.
Beikis Carolina L.

"Your spreadsheets always at hand."

What do you like best?

The best thing about this application is that you can open your documents from anywhere; In addition to being able to share your files and edit them in line with all the people involved. It has many designs and configurations to make the files much more personalized.

What do you dislike?

The interface is still a bit rudimentary, it could be developed to be even more friendly, in addition to the colors should have more variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to take and keep in mind that when you share the file or spreadsheet, the modifications made by any of the people involved will be done online, that is, immediately.

Highly recommended since you can work with your spreadsheet from any device or computer and if necessary be able to share it online with your employees or clients.

Google Sheets review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Less back and forth, more efficiency"

What do you like best?

I love that you can make updates and share with anyone in real time! I use this everyday and several of my documents are housed within here.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about googlesheets, besides the fact that it can get a little slow when multiple people are on the same doc. But I run into this very little! I have had some clients complain that they want to be able to be shared on the doc without having to have a google account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very easy to use, even for those that are not good with excel type docs.

This eliminates a LOT of back and forth emails in my jobs. I am always needing approval for certain things from large groups of parties, and sometimes they consist of 2-3 different teams. This is an easy way for them to share the link and all get on- it makes sure that we are all in sync and on the same page.

Google Sheets review by Rob C.
Rob C.

"Great for collaborative work!"

What do you like best?

My favourite feature from Google Sheets is the real-time collaboration that allows you to work on the same document at the same time as others. It's pretty handy if your team is dispersed and not on the same office physically, but you can still collaborate on the same document together.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps the fact that it has limited functionalities compared with Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets still feels quite limited compared to Microsoft Excel so it's likely you may still need to use the other software. However, for real-time collaboration, Google Sheets is matchless. However, if you're interested in extending the capabilities of Google Sheets, you can check out the Add-Ons and maybe you can find some relevant plugins that you can install into your Google Sheets to make it more useful.

With Google Sheets, we can easily collaborate on the same spreadsheet at any time, even if we're not on the same office. It's pretty handy as an organizational tool and keeping track of our tasks and projects. We use Google Sheets to schedule and plan our marketing campaigns and it allows us to keep track of our content and their individual status.

Google Sheets review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Powerful online spreadsheet - especially great for Google Analytics reporting"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is an interesting spreadsheet, that cannot compete against Excel on a number of fields, but does so much better on others !

Especially great when linked to online content (web pages scrapping, display of pictures stored online)

And so powerful when it comes to fetching Google Analytics data ! A free add-on enables you to get all your Analytics data into Google Sheets, that you can then manipulate and display in table or graphics. You can build entire Analytics dashboards from within Google Sheets.

Collaboration is also very good, not only because 2 people can work on the same spreadsheet at the same time, but also because you can use this feature to "show and tell" - directly show on screen what you do to the other person.

What do you dislike?

Graphics are really not at the level of the other features. Limited color choice, no gradation possible. It is difficult to make professional-looking graphical dashboards with Google Sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware that you need an internet connection. And that graphics may not be as polished as with MS Excel. For some cases as described, Google Sheets is really interesting.

Google Analytics dashboards. Automated. Fast. Simple.

Google Sheets review by Ranae H.
Ranae H.

"Real-Time Collaboration"

What do you like best?

The ability to collaborate in real-time is wonderful.

Easy to use, and very similar to alternative products so it is easy to train other people on how to use it.

The ability to see revisions, and who made the revisions is another great feature.

What do you dislike?

Some formatting is limited - so you might not be able to make a beautiful spreadsheet.

Although it's not dependant on an internet connection all the time, collaborating with someone who has slow internet can be difficult.

You need a google account to really use it effectively (in my opinion)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create another email for your employees to use Google Sheets effectively, consider the following format: Name.BusinessName@Gmail.com such as Steve.PaintingPros@Gmail.com.

Payroll Processing has become easier since we switched from paper timesheets to Google Sheets timesheets.

Employees update and whether they are remote, in office, etc. doesn't matter because I can grab their updated timesheet with ease.

Tackling large projects can be done together at the same time. Two people can be entering data at the same time so we can complete projects faster.

Google Sheets review by Magali S.
Magali S.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

So great solution helps me make and edit text documents direct in my browser. Oh, forgot to say than you making yours document in browsers you will be not have request from any software.very easy and fast to charing docunets with workers.

What do you dislike?

Actually I more like than dislike.So I will not waist you time.All information about that product you can read bellow. So nagetiv things I dont have till now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will say a lot of yes to have that program. Very great work with and easy as well. Perfect charing tools.Its very safe and gives you all right to control them.

As for me.I found that its nice to decide which person will access to my document. Also so wonderful that some group of people can work at the same time.as i said before so ease in using and control sharing controls.

Google Sheets review by Aidan D.
Aidan D.

"Great at being a spreadsheet, which is all it should be."

What do you like best?

Like all G Suite applications, Sheets is fantastic for availability and collaboration. I also like the simple, clean layout.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes run into limitations in the charts features, and have to settle for something less than I would hope for. Lack of zoom can also be a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're finding that Sheets doesn't do something that you used to do in Excel, then have a think about whether you really should be doing that using some other tool. G Suite products work well because they focus on meeting core needs well, in a world-class collaboration platform.

I use Sheets for what spreadsheets are supposed to do: managing complex calculations, modelling financials and operational research. Sheets doesn't do a lot of the things that Excel does, which is a good thing because that product is routinely used (badly) for relational database, presentation, documentation etc.

Google Sheets review by Misty R.
Misty R.

"Google Sheets Facilitate Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like that each person on a team can edit sheets and can see other edits simultaneously. I also like that the document is stored online and is safe from any computer failures.

What do you dislike?

Some capabilities in Excel are not available in Google Docs. Also, a person has to have a google account to use google sheets (normally, this is not a problem, but it can be inconvenient for people accustomed to other email providers).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Sheets to any collaborative teams looking for a centralized place to raise and answer questions and maintain records.

We use Google Sheets to track questions and decisions in order to a) reduce the amount of email exchanged between collaborators b) organize meeting around specific questions and topics and c) maintain a record of previous decisions so that we can use them to inform future decisions.

Google Sheets review by Anna D.
Anna D.

"Product specialist"

What do you like best?

It`s a fantastic tool for collaboration with different people on the team. As well it has a lot of great functions to run (for example integrated with specific tools such as Google Analytics), automatically changed charts based on variable data.

What do you dislike?

It would be good if the formulas for Microsoft Excel and Google Sheet are more aligned (or more similar). With that, it can be easier if you download the file and want to change offline, but you get used to the online formulas.

1. For team collaboration, it is a great solution.

2. You can embed different function in one tool as well as integrate the coding part which makes it easier to use in one place.

3. Version history is beneficial.

4. It saves in a cloud that doesn`t make you worry the document disappears from your laptop or computer if something happens to the device.

5. You can integrate it with Google Forms

Google Sheets review by Julia E.
Julia E.

"Google Sheets"

What do you like best?

Google Spreadsheets is a Web-based application that allows users to create, update and modify spreadsheets and share the data live online. The Ajax-based program is compatible with Microsoft Excel and CSV (comma-separated values) files. Spreadsheets can also be saved as HTML. We used it for scheduling and it was the best thing ever. It was so easy for us to modify when we could work. We loved it so much! I miss using it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sheets don't always refresh - sometimes I would have to log out and log back in to see the new schedules. That really bothered me and wasted my time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It is hard to figure out at first, but once you get the hang of it, it truly is the best scheduling platform ever, even though some people wouldn't think it is.

This solves the issue of some people not being able to access the schedules. With Google Sheets, anyone can access the schedules from any platform possible.

Google Sheets review by Marcos G.
Marcos G.

"Forget about the old and complex Excel... This is way better!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy workin on G Sheets... I couln't say the same thing about Excel. Basically they are the same, but different. Sheets has a more intuitive UI, so if you know a little bit about Excel, you wont have any problems with it... The best thing is the collaborative editing between different co-workers!

What do you dislike?

When the internet fails it wont let you keep editing.... unless you go to settings and allow offline editing ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it... Its free.

We no longer need to use Excel, but instead, we can upload any old excel file, convert them to Sheets and start editing it... We no longer need to make back-ups or carry pendrives because all of our files are on the cloud, and every change you make its secure thanks to the auto-save function

Google Sheets review by Vivian U.
Vivian U.

"Google sheet review"

What do you like best?

Pivot Table is the best feature, I use it a lot and still get excited when data just automatically populate a sheet. Using Google Sheet in conjunction with IFTTT also lets you review whatever data and stats you connect it to.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. But if I have to be very picky I would say when there are too many sheets in a document the performance suffers a little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cloud-based so you can access from any computer, and it's part of google drive and almost everyone can view and edit it without any issue. It has all the functions you need as far as a spreadsheet goes. In addition, you can create Google form and have the data automatically formatted into a spreadsheet. Also, it works with IFTTT so the possibility is endless!

Keeping a log of product status. Data entry. Comparing stats.

Google Sheets review by Jessy H.
Jessy H.

"Super user-friendly, but can't handle big data sets"

What do you like best?

Google sheets is super user-friendly. I love the add-on tools. While I recognize that Excel might be capable of the same things, I find Google's add-on tools more intuitive than Excel. I often times have to collaborate with coworkers, so sharing and co-editing a sheet together is extremely valuable. If I need to merge spreadsheets together, I turn to Google Sheets.

What do you dislike?

Probably not a surprise, but Google Sheets cannot handle large amounts of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for group collaboration, unless you're handling large data sets.

Again, collaboration is one of the best things about any Google product. No need to email outdated Excel files to coworkers when you can all work together in one shared Google sheet. The add-on tools (specifically "Power Tools" and "Sort by Color") make merging sheets, sorting by cell colors, and removing duplicates easy.

Google Sheets review by Callie W.
Callie W.

"Google Sheets fan"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and collaborate on - it helps my team organize as a unit and see what we are working with in terms of individual deadlines. It's simple to navigate and very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The lag can sometimes be an issue - if you have to drag a data box towards the other side of the page, it can start speeding up too quickly and push you past where you are trying to drop it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend - so easy to access, use, and share with people both inside and outside your network. Usability is straightforward and simple. Love it!

It's helping my team stay organized as a unit AND as individuals. We track our sales, ticket priorities, clients, and more in Google Sheets and it's so convenient.

Google Sheets review by Trevor A.
Trevor A.

"Fantastic for basic spreadsheet operations"

What do you like best?

This does everything I use Excel for, but is free and easily accessible. I can work online and offline from any of my devices, including my phone and tablet. Has the vast majority of the functionality I demand from spreadsheets. Easy to access through Google Drive. Accepts just about any type of spreadsheet file.

What do you dislike?

Data visualizations are somewhat lacking compared to Excel, its biggest competitor. Had to learn a few new commands and shortcuts after being used to Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great switch from Microsoft Excel, which is great and the gold standard, but for tasks relying more on organization than operations, Sheets is the better product.

Data that is easily shared and accessed by multiple people without having to send email attachments around the office over and over again.

Learning about Google Sheets?

* We monitor all Google Sheets reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.