Do you work for Google Sheets?

Google Sheets Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Sheets?

Create spreadsheets in your browser—no dedicated software needed. Handle everything from simple task lists to data analysis with charts, filters and pivot tables.

Google Sheets Profile Details

Google Sheets Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Google Sheets Reviews

1-50 of 243 total Google Sheets reviews

Google Sheets Reviews

1-50 of 243 total Google Sheets reviews
Google Sheets review by Shayla C.
Manager
Mental Health Care
Most Recent Google Sheets Video Review

"We connect on Google Sheets"

Google Sheets review by Karolina P.
Influencer Manager

"Spreadsheets With Team Anywhere "

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a outstanding spreadsheets solution, as Google Disk fully supports the in-browser platform, so you could store your files there and get access to them from anywhere in the world. Moreover, you can share your spreadsheets with other users and get them permission to edit it. The tool is perfect for creating simple spreadsheets and performing calculations by applying formulas. The platform has several advanced features to simplify the process of calculation. Google Sheets facilitates the analysis of data, as the information could be presented in colored columns, and charts. Also, thanks to its cloud-based nature you don't have to remember about saving your files.

What do you dislike?

The platform causes some inconveniences. The size your Google Drive may limit the amount of data you can store, so if you need more space for your spreadsheets, the service is no longer free of charge. However, I reckon that Google's prices are worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for easy-to-use and user-friendly spreadsheets solution, you might consider Google Sheets. Moreover, the files are compatible with Microsoft Excel files, so using both platforms simultaneously is seamless.

The tools allows me to analyze data, which is presented in transparent charts and graphs. Also, I place my clients' personal information into spreadsheets, as it facilitates the process of finding the data in the future.

Google Sheets review by Derrick B.
Senior Producer

"Easy access to complete spreadsheet functionality"

What do you like best?

The user interface and experience is very pleasant and generally uncomplicated. For those that are already familiar with common spreadsheet tools, it's easy to get acquainted with Google Sheets. I like being able to import spreadsheet files created from other programs by other people. It allows me to be versatile in creating and viewing spreadsheets. Being a web-based application makes it easy for me to access the software regardless of the computer I'm using, which is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Though I rarely don't have an internet connection, it is a negative point that if I wasn't connected to the internet, I wouldn't be able to fully use Google Sheets. For more advanced spreadsheets with complex formulas, there are times when Google Sheets doesn't register the formulas properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Google account, I'd suggest checking out Google Sheets right away. You can at least have it on hand in case you use happen to use a computer, like a public terminal, that may not have a spreadsheet program installed.

I've benefited by being able to have professional quality spreadsheet software at my finger tips on just about any computer I'm on. I can go into the program and intuitively know what most of the features are, which has saved me a bunch of time from having to learn. The low pricing and constant updates to meet industry standards make Google Sheets a great option for everyday business use.

Google Sheets review by Trenton C.
Online Marketing Manager

"Okay basic spreadsheet app"

What do you like best?

Google sheets is cloud based, so no matter what device you are on or where you are, your spreadsheets will be saved up in the cloud and accessible from most devices. It is a very familiar app for Excel users, and all the basics are there.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found the same formatting options as in Excel, so if you work for an agency or other company with a branded spreadsheet template you may be out of luck. I also used Sheets a couple years back on a Chromebook, and remember having to take several steps to get downloaded CSVs into an editable format for sheets, and even then one or two features were missing for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is a free, cloud-based excel alternative. If you're thinking of doing work on the road, from multiple devices, or just want to try a light-weight Microsoft alternative then sheets is for you. Just don't expect as refined an app as Excel but hey it's free right?

Sheets is a good tool for group collaborating on spreadsheets, such as making task lists, schedules etc. If a company is using G Suite it's a very seamless process for sharing with team members that have the same domain name in their email address.

Google Sheets review by Derrick H.
Marketing Consultant

"A Very Capable Spreadsheet Application"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets has a clean and well-organized user interface that makes it easy to use. When it comes to sizing cells, working with formulas and performing other spreadsheet tasks, the overall functionality is similar to other common spreadsheet programs. It is therefore easy for new users to adopt. I like being able to access files in the cloud through online storage applications like Google Drive. I like that Google Sheets allows multiple users to access the same files so that we can collaborate and update documents in real time. One of the strongest points about Google Sheets is that it's included without cost in our Google accounts.

What do you dislike?

Though I can use Google Sheets for a majority of the spreadsheet work I do, there are times when working with formulas isn't as precise as it is in other programs. Some of our more complex formulas don't run properly in Google Sheets. We sometimes have to make some tweaks in order to make things work right. Though there are lots of tools and features in Google Sheets, there aren't as many as in Microsoft Office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Sheets for standard spreadsheet needs. Unless you're often working with documents with complex formulas, Google Sheets should work as an efficient spreadsheet tool. Compared to other spreadsheet applications that need to be regularly updated and have a high price tag, Google Sheets can keep your costs down and will load the latest version each time you connect to it.

Google Sheets is a dependable solution for viewing and working with most spreadsheet files. We use Google Sheets to create and view invoices, inventory lists, registration forms, contact data, marketing data and financial documents. The low cost of using Google Sheets is great for our budget and reduces our need for locally-installed software. Google Sheets helps our team to collaborate more efficiently by reducing the need to send documents and emails back and forth. We can simply work on the same files with Google Sheets and create new versions as needed. All of our work is done concisely in one place.

Google Sheets review by Bella C.
Marketing Manager

"A versatile spreadsheet application that is easily accessible"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is very user friendly and allows me to organize a wide variety of data with intuitive filter and sorting tools. I like that I can work with many common formulas to break down accounting, sales and marketing data. The overall functionality is similar to other common spreadsheet software, which makes it easy for new team members to use without much of a learning curve. It's generally very flexible and can run most files created in other spreadsheet programs. It can also save files that are typically readable in other programs.

What do you dislike?

One major downside to Google Sheets is that we need an internet connection to use it and access all the features and files in the cloud. Even though it can still function offline, the process of using it offline is a bit more complicated. If I don't download files before losing my internet connection, then I basically won't be able to work with those files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Google Sheets can be beneficial for anyone that uses common spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel. I feel that it can do most of the common things Excel can do, but at a lower cost and without needing to save it to your computer.

I use Google Sheets with a various common spreadsheet files like listing team task activities, storing contact information, create registration forms and accounting documents. Once I set up a file, I can generally use it over and over again as a template, which helps me to save time. I also use some templates that I downloaded online to get certain documents started more quickly. Google Sheets has a been a reliable cloud-based program that I can access on my computer and phone. It's been a versatile application that doesn't take up a ton of hard drive space.

Google Sheets review by Jermaine C.
Account Supervisor

"A user-friendly spreadsheet application"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Sheets can run on any computer I'm on as long as I have an internet connection. The functionality is very to other popular spreadsheet programs I also use such as Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice. Though I didn't completely switch to Google Sheets, I find that it's smoother to use. I can navigate and use the various formatting tools easier. Google Sheets has all the formula capabilities I need. Another strong point is that I can smoothly save files locally or to my cloud drive.

What do you dislike?

I think the main downside to using Google Sheets is that I need an internet connection to use its full capabilities. Also, though I can run most spreadsheets fine with it, there are times when I can't work on certain large formulas with many variables as efficiently and have to revert to using different software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say that Google Sheets is a solid and reliable spreadsheet program that can be used for common document and accounting purposes. If working with spreadsheets is key to your business, I would recommend also having a local spreadsheet application installed on your computer in case you have any internet connection issues.

I've used Google Sheets to create numerous types of business documents such as invoices, contact lists, activity lists, sign up forms and accounting spreadsheets. Google Sheets allows me to write robust formulas with complex calculations. Since I receive many documents created in other spreadsheet software, Google Sheets has been valuable in allowing me to run those spreadsheets accurately. Formulas and formatting generally stay intact well.

Google Sheets review by Katie C.
Digital Services Director

"Stop, Collaborate & Listen"

What do you like best?

Being able to share and collaborate on Google Sheets has been a Godsend. I work for a team of remote workers for a marketing company, so there isn't a way to have a "round table discussion" about a document without sharing it. This software has made measuring campaigns, tracking marketing dollars, and even to do lists MUCH easier. Also, their "Explore Data" option gives some amazing pivot tables and data analysis with none of the legwork. What an awesome way to represent your data.

What do you dislike?

I don't love that some of my favorite formulas on Excel are not available in Google Sheets. There have also been some times where Sheets times out and some of my changes aren't saved. This hasn't happened too often, luckily. But when it did, man it was such a bummer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through a few tutorials so that you get the gist. While a lot of the functions are almost identical to Excel, there are still some things that you will need to relearn using Google's rules.

As mentioned before, our team is located all over the USA, so being able to work with our accountant on spending reports has been great since we can both be logged into the same sheet and make live updates. This is also a great feature when creating some strategy notes for clients. They can use the sheet, leave notes, all without having to save a new version of an excel sheet.

Google Sheets review by Molly F.
Logistics and Communications Coordinator

"Like Excel, but for Easy and Live Sharing"

What do you like best?

I love how I can update (in real time) an "excel" sheet and share it with my co-workers. We can all make edits and I have the ability to change a sheet from "view" to "edit" or vice-versa. Perfect for managing budgets (in a very broad overview), making social media calendars or an overview of tracking analytics. User-friendly interface and self-explanatory creation process. You won't be disappointed!

What do you dislike?

There aren't as many formula options on Google Sheets as there are on excel, but it still serves the purpose of providing basic functions (probably 90% of what the population needs as a necessity with a sheet like this). With this being said, I've never been turned off from Google Sheets because of this missing function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great and free tool for your company to use to create easy overviews of things like budgets, social media calendars, plans and analytics trackers! My company has been using this tool for about six years and we frequently reference it in meetings. I'm not sure how organized our overviews of budgets or analytics would be without this product. Anything to do with numbers - this is your BEST friend. I promise that you will not be disappointed with your decision!

Able to share budget overviews and social media calendars in an efficient and clear way with my coworkers. I've realized a benefit to this is better content because of more collaboration!

Google Sheets review by David S.
Partner / Creative Director

"Shareable Spreadsheets For The Win"

What do you like best?

Shareability is the greatest asset of the Google Drive platform. I do everything in Google Sheets. Budgets, asset tracking, bids, etc. It's an extremely versatile platform with all the wonderful features of Excel and then some. It's great to be able to see where someone else is editing—when a cell is highlighted—be able to pull data from multiple sheets into one, use drop-downs, code if/then statements, etc. There's really quite a lot you can do if you understand design and make use of the extra functions in the program.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is that Sheets is really an online only platform. Yes, you can technically download items and keep them "offline," but offline mode has always been sterile at best, and unavailable or unreliable at most. The best features for Sheets come with access to the cloud, and every time you're editing a file and lose internet access for a minute you lose the entire ability to edit your sheet. It's not just annoying, sometimes it completely prevents you from finishing work. For any offline needs, Excel or Numbers is the better way to go. I also wish that exporting PDFs were easier. Currently there's no way to export only the selected area across all tabs at once. You can either export the entire workbook, and all cells at that, or you can individually export the selected area on current tabs, one at a time. It's not a huge deal, but it creates more menial tasks and bloats the workflow for exporting certain workbooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You'll never want to return to another spreadsheet software.

At my company, we use Sheets for all bidding, budgeting, job tracking, asset tracking and annual financial planning. We've built our own special setups that function a lot like applications within Sheets, and everything is accessible directly via our Drive account. It's great that we can also manage permissions.

Google Sheets review by Patricia  D.
Emprededora de tienda virtual D2damanoccs

" Documents online, the best I can have and for sure !!!"

What do you like best?

I like to practice without losing my security and that's what I get with my online documents, I no longer depend on a pendrive that can be lost or damaged, I have my important files online and I download them or modify them whenever I want

What do you dislike?

No complaint for me and for my fieldwork is perfect like this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for those of us who are in the field and we do not have access to a computer, but also for the house!

Having my worksheets online allows me to modify my budgets minutes before being delivered to the client, in my country the hyperinflation has led us to take this into account, I do not charge exaggerated but my budgets do not last more than 48 hours, if my clients want more time to decide the amount changes of course and the adjustment is automatic, only from the web without having to take my equipment everywhere.

Google Sheets review by Emmanuel S.
Ingeniero de Propiedades y Catastro

"Google Sheets is the new spreadsheet on the market, a great application "

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a powerful and very innovative application, it has traditional functions of the basic spreadsheets but with more complements and colors.

I mainly like that the file can be saved to the account without having an additional storage device, which makes the file available at any time, and can be easily edited at any time and from any device. Also, regardless of the file format of the spreadsheet, I can open it with Google Sheets.

I like the way to perform the calculation tables, in addition the mathematical operators work very well and are easy to use.

also the panel of tools is very comfortable, since you have ordered the functions correctly.

In addition, you can make graphics for the istante, with a supply of accurate data.

In general I can say that I like this software, it is very useful for my work.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets is an application that has no waste so it has very few disadvantages, however, you must add some additional templates to facilitate the work, especially to make graphs of mathematical functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software, its advantages will be exploited to the maximum using all functions. also with Google Sheets you can be your personal calculator with which you can keep track of your expenses in an orderly manner.

Working with Google Spreadsheets has been a great experience has given me the necessary calculations and graphics have allowed me to gain time in my work, which is equal to simplify my work greatly.

Google Sheets review by Rachel R.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management

"I Use Google Sheets for Everything. "

What do you like best?

I love that I can organize lots of different types o f information in Google sheets. It works great on the computer (obviously) but what makes it a truly useful app is how it transfers to phone use. When I need information on the go, I know I can trust Google Sheets to be available on my phone, readable, and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there were more templates to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is as helpful as you make it - go ahead and put in the extra time at the front end to get it set up *just* right. You'll thank yourself later! If you are having trouble keeping it updated, go ahead and reference your docs you keep in Google Sheets regularly in whatever group chat you use - it can be a bit of a pain to update things for others.

It has been useful in collaborating with team members who live out of state. Anyone can sign up for different time slots in the same document in real time, or insert other useful information we can all see.

Google Sheets review by Ann G.
Associate
Management Consulting

"Amazing tool for computing and keeping a record of multiple data with sharing ability!"

What do you like best?

What I like about this tool is that it has the same feature as the MS Excel but an improved version. Since you can share it with multiple people on your network, you can edit the file the same time without worrying that you might lose the one you input. It doesn't overlap the work of others because you can see whatever they're doing on the same file.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of, I believe this is by far the best tool I have ever used especially it has the same formulation and algorithm as MS Excel!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best spreadsheet tool, easy, reliable, works real-time!

Well, mostly the ability to work on your thing without having to remember to hit Save. (I'm so guilty of this) I can always go back to the file and access it also using my phone. This is really an amazing application.

Google Sheets review by Cristina R.

"Fantastic, free, advanced sheets and calculation tool"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is free, fully integrated into Google's ecosystem, instant to load a use, seamlessly integrated into web browsers without requiring any downloads.

Available on mostly every smart device, phone, tablet and computer.

Sheets is a fully featured software, it allows from very basic calculations, or just simple table arrays and displays to more advanced math operations. You can use it from anything from a very basic table you just want to display, to advanced company data management full of thousands of data entries with advanced formulas performing calculations.

Sheets is seamlessly integrated into the google ecosystem to the point of instant and easy collaboration. It allows you to set permits and collaborate with friends, coworkers and anyone you choose, while deeply customizing their available options and permits.

Sheets is available on pretty much any smart platform or computer allowing you to always have your documents ready for viewing or editting.

What do you dislike?

Excel dominates the market, and Google sheets loses some of that functionality, advanced formulas and macros that excel uses.

You may lose important formatting or operations when moving between them, forcing you to stick to only one platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider macros and advanced requirements before commiting one of your documents since you may lose some of excel's functionality.

Google Sheets has allowed me to collaborate on multiple date sheets with coworkers regardless of time, place and device I'm using.

Google Sheets review by Juan Camilo R.
Project Engineer

"Absolute best online Sheet tool, spectacular share & collab functionality"

What do you like best?

Free, easy to use, no installation required on PC, fast, available on pretty much anywhere with a web browser, and directly as a standalone app for tablets and smartphones.

Spectacularly easy to create online sheets you can share with friends and coworkers and have them collaborate and edit as well.

Allows to set your edit and view permits to even specific parts of the sheet.

Has most of the basic and some advanced tools from other spreadsheet software packages. Features full integration with most of the Google ecosystem and devices

What do you dislike?

Lacks compatibility with some advanced Microsoft excel functions & formats. Advanced files can't move back and forth between the two.

Lacks Macro options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to consider the advanced functions and macros you might need before commiting fully, Consider it as an additional option to microsoft excel for sheets that don't require specific advanced functions or going back and forth between both packages.

From mundane tables and data, to college research and advanced industry operations, Google Docs has allowed me easily collaborate with colleagues while working on advanced spreadsheets.

Google Sheets review by Krista B.
Manager
Apparel & Fashion

"Easy way to share information"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share the spreadsheets with multiple people, who can also edit at the same time I can. This is helpful when having coworkers that are not always in the office, we can all keep track add and edit things, without having to log out and login in when someone is not using it. I like that is automatically saves and I do not have to remember to save every time something is imputed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I think this is a wonderful program. It helps me stay on track daily editing as I go, all edits get saved and shown to those shared with automatically :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, never have to remember to "save" just pick up where you left of

Keeps out of state owners informed. They can easily access the spreadsheet, make changes, and see when things are being added in real time.

Google Sheets review by Lindsay F.
Owner; Professional Organizer
Design
(Myself Only)

"I use Google Sheets for everything!"

What do you like best?

Being able to access my documents on my phone on the go is key for me. I've been surprised at how easy the iPhone app is to use, and how you have access to all the formatting options you would normally want. I haven't used the pre-made templates much yet, but it seems like they could be really helpful as well – I'd love if there were even more, to give ideas about how to use the software in new ways! I do use the 'make your own template' option, which is really helpful. It's great that within Google Drive, it's a whole suite of products that you can use, so your spreadsheets stay organized along with all your documents. I don't store anything on my computer now, it's all on Google! Never have to worry about backing it up, and it always stays updated from any device that you access from.

What do you dislike?

I would love if there were more keyboard shortcuts, like for switching between sheets within the documents, formatting as currency, or other things that I use often. There are certain bugs with the formatting, where you'll tell a row to format as currency, and it just won't 'stick', so you keep having to select it again and again for any new number inputted. I don't understand why Google Sheets is a separate app & website than Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this to track your hours, stats, financials, client database, market research, scheduling... anything!

Goggle Sheets helps me stay organized and track the information I need. I'm able to pull up detailed info for my business anywhere I am, via my phone.

Google Sheets review by Maik H.
Grafiker
Design

"Sheet managing tool and collaboration work"

What do you like best?

It simply works! The tool is easy to manage, very stable in the whole using process and completely free to use. Also, it has full mobile support. I can have access to all my sheets at any time and anyplace I want to work with them or need them. Another very useful point is the cloud saving of all your sheet files via Google Sheets. You can not lose important files.

What do you dislike?

The one and only point I have is that the tool has not as many features as other office tools for desktops. Other tools offer more features for document-based working. But I have also to say that Google Sheets does not need them in all cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone who wants a nice and working tool for organizing their own sheets or for working in collaboration with other people on sheets should take a serious look at this tool. It simply works and is completely for free.

We use the tool in our company because with it we can work together on the same sheets. Whether in teams or partner work it is working perfectly. Changes are visible instantly and you see what your coworker has changed or noted in your shared documents. This works very reliably and fast.

Google Sheets review by Eric Eduardo W.
Editor
Media Production

"Best spreadsheet software online"

What do you like best?

The main reason I like Google Sheets are the live editing and sharing features, as it is comfortable to work an utility similar to Microsoft Excel on projects in real time with coworkers. This is a great utility for any type of businesses or even personal use, and most of basic or needed features are available despite of being free.

What do you dislike?

While Google Sheets have plenty of advantages to other software like Microsoft Excel, it does lack some formatting and advanced features. But to be fair, the software is free and most of the times you won't be needing the lacking options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is an amazing alternative to paid software that can be used in the cloud and the integration with other Google tools or the live editing features makes it a must for those looking to work with spreadsheets.

I have given Google Sheets plenty of uses, including workflow and task management, research for projects, quick surveys between coworkers, keeping track of important data or as a way to keep track of certain topics. It also saved us plenty of times thanks for the sharing and live-editing options, which often would be a mess with offline tools.

Google Sheets review by Mason L.
Account Executive

"Does just about all I need from a spreadsheet program"

What do you like best?

The visual design of Google Sheets is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I can resize columns and rows quickly and intuitively. Most basic formulas that were created in Microsoft Excel usually work fine in Google Sheets. It's great that I didn't have to register for Sheets separately from my main Google account. I like that I could use the app, along with many other Google apps, right away. The icons and menu items in Google Sheets are simple to understand and don't take long time to figure out.

What do you dislike?

I don't find the mobile app version of Google Sheets to be nearly as user friendly as the web-based browser version. To figure certain things, you're essentially dependant on finding the resources online yourself since the support team for Google Sheets is extremely hard to get a hold of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with most Google business apps, I find Google Sheets to be very solid. I think it's very capable of processing common business spreadsheets like registration, contact and inventory lists.

I can create and view most common spreadsheets for business. When people send me spreadsheets to review or work on, it's important to have a reliable spreadsheet program that can load the files properly. Google Sheets has done a good job of that for me thus far. I haven't had any major formatting or performance issues. It's been a really solid Google app that allows me to access files seamlessly from my Google Drive account.

Google Sheets review by Suci B.
Senior NLP

"Google Sheet for Everyday Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, clean interface, conditional formatting, the ability to insert comment & note, all the functions listed, has add-on feature, save things online and can easily be downloaded as excel sheet or pdf.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have that many template, text doesn't always automatically fit the column. I also wish picture will be automatically fit into the column or the column adjust itself automatically with text or picture. However, those mentions are just tiny minors that can be overlooked. Overall, I am happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love that Google Sheet is an online product and save docs online so I could access it from anywhere at anytime. My biggest nightmare would be losing data that I have been working on if something happened to my laptop or phone. Also, I like that they listed all the functions so I don't have to memorize or google what to do for the function I want to use.

Assignment tracker, daily/weekly/monthly report, budgeting, invoice, expense report, data collection, and many more.

Google Sheets review by Jennifer B.
Education Management

"I use Sheets Everyday! "

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a fantastic way to track data. Google Sheets provides an excellent substitute for Microsoft Excel. Google Sheets also has the convenience of being automatically backed up online in your Google Drive so that you do not have to worry about loosing your work. I have a large spreadsheet of data saved on my computer which I must access and edit daily. I have recently been experiencing trouble with my computer crashing and I was losing my data. I backed up my Excel spreadsheet frequently on an external hard drive, but using Google Sheets means I only need to upload the document, or create the document, one time. Then, each time that I access and/or alter the document, all information is automatically saved and easily accessible from anywhere online, or downloaded for viewing anywhere. I would highly recommend Google Sheets to anyone who needs a data/spreadsheet product. Google Sheets is a wonderful data tracking program that I would highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Google Sheets. The one thing I can think of is purely aesthetic. If you compare Google Sheets to Microsoft Excel, the visual formatting options available on Google Sheets are very limited. However, this is hardly something to dissuade someone from using the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Google Sheets if you are looking for a spreadsheet program. Be aware that there is not a large amount of visual formatting available but the information is fantastic.

I access a spreadsheet daily containing information which I consult and update daily. After having problems with my computer and needed to constantly back up my Microsoft Excel document(s) on an external hard drive, I uploaded the document to Google Drive and access it now using Google Sheets. Since doing this, I no long have to back up my document(s)! If I ever want to put the document back on my computer I just have to download it. However, it is constantly saving my work and available everywhere with internet access, so for me it is a fantastic alternative to traditional spreadsheet programs.

Google Sheets review by Ron B.
Internship Coordinator, Career Development Center
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Creating Collaboration in a Space with many Silos"

What do you like best?

Collaboration--with no software our university buys that allows the Career Development Center to collect data from multiple areas, Google Sheets has helped us to break down the silos that have existed for years regarding internship activity. We ask professors to add their information for students in internship experiences to the active sheet. That information can then be formatted uniformly in my office, and used to report out as needed. It also stores the record giving historical context like we have never seen before. The best part is that participants (faculty) do not need to have a Google account to add content.

What do you dislike?

Having to reformat the information entered is not ideal, but that has more to do with the participants that collaborate with whatever project.

Google Sheets allowed our office to 1) be the hub and repository for internship activity on-campus and 2) to easily allow professors to connect with our data collection.

Google Sheets review by Shawn L.
Técnico de soporte
Telecommunications

"When it comes to spreadsheets, this is one of the best options in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is easy to use, the interface is nice, the performance is smooth, the integration with other tools from Google including easy sharing, the compatibility with different devices, being able to import spreadsheet files from other software like Microsoft Excel, efficient printing options and the availability of templates for a quick start and being able to edit it in groups online.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike about, however some advanced features are lacking and it is harder to format than offline tools.There is a challenging learning curve for bigger projects, but for most documents it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite of lacking some features available in offline tools, I find Google Sheets extremely useful as it is great when it comes to sharing with other and creating basic documents. If you prefer to do more complex projects, it will require some heavy research in advance.

I currently use Google Sheets to track tasks around customer support or client information, and in some case it is a nice way to keep information organized during busy days. The sharing options also make it easy to distribute them to coworkers and being able to edit with others at the same time can help when doing research.

Google Sheets review by Susanna Y.
(10,001+ employees)

"The Better Way to Complete Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

I like the sharing aspect. I like that it is cloud-based and allows people to work simultaneously on one document. I like that you can see who is there working with you. I love that I can have the app on all of my devices to have with me anywhere there is internet. There is also the option to work offline.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the app's usability. In the app, there are more keystrokes than on the computer and it can take some time to get used to. Once you figure out the keystrokes, it is fine. It just takes a bit more time to remember what to do. For example, you can't just click on the cell to edit. You must first press the pencil (edit) key to open the cell up to editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only issue I have had with Google Sheets is that sometimes it doesn't convert to the needed format that others use. However, I would just suggest everyone in your company use Google Sheets exclusively and there will be no issues. Once everyone gets used to Google Sheets, I can't imagine they will want to return to any other software. The flexibility that Google Sheets offers your employees will be enough of a push.

I am able to keep track of expenses versus income. It has allowed me to see where I have spent too much money investing into the business versus my return.

Google Sheets review by Kyle E.
Creative

"An "open source" simpler version of Excel"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to work in a fully open document wherein an entire team or group can change, review, or edit accordingly. It's great for when we are compiling polling data and research or editing POs.

What do you dislike?

There aren't as many formatting options as I would like. One of the reasons, why I can imagine that Excel stays relevant is the ability to edit the data in more ways than is possible in other programs such as this. It requires an export of the data to another program often to make it look "prettier"

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using across company employees, consider gmail accounts for the entire team using it. I have found that there is less hassle with spam/IT filters when going directly through a linked gmail account + you can add any sheets to your 15gb Google Drive and access them from anywhere.

We're able to forego big meetings/brainstorms and instead edit and add data at our own pace. We all have the ability to question anything we see through an embedded chat, or simply making comments in the document. Everyone is able to see who is responsible for their own content. Plus, the edit history function is a lifesaver.

Google Sheets review by Bethany M.
Middle School Choir Director
Music

"Google Sheets is a Free, User-Friendly Excel"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the user interface and program layout. I also appreciate that google sheets documents can be accessed wherever one can log in to one's Gmail account.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a separate app must be downloaded in order to access google sheets documents from one's mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sheets is a great asset for collaborative work, especially from a distance. Users can see realtime additions and/or changes by others who have access to the shared Google Sheet. Be prepared, however, to have internet access available at all times. With no internet access, a Google Sheet cannot be accessed or edited. Also, if a Google sheet is created or joined via access from a company email address, be sure to download a copy of the Sheet if you foresee leaving the company, as access to the Sheet will be denied upon loss of access to a Gmail email address.

Google sheets is a great way to work with others on a single document. Shared document access is a great asset for collaborative work.

Google Sheets review by Brian D.
Founder
Internet

"Perfect for shared spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Google Sheets is a fantastic solution for easily sharing spreadsheet documents. It's basically like having Excel in your browser. Granular permissions make it easy to grant read access to one group and write access to another, and integrates with G-suite making it incredibly easy to share documents inside and outside your organization while keeping your data appropriately secured. There is also a large marketplace of add-ins that allow you to extend your spreadsheet with 3rd-party data and programs.

What do you dislike?

Google Sheets can be terribly slow when you are working with very large spreadsheets. In such cases, I would recommend using the native Excel apps and sharing .xlsx files via Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still believe Excel is a better spreadsheet editor, but the sharing features and ease of programmatic access make it ideal for certain use cases. If you need either of these features, I would recommend trying it. Otherwise, stick with Excel.

One way we use Google Sheets is by sharing and updating BI reports. Add-ins and scripts programmed against the API allow us to sync our analytics data with sheets and update it automatically. Permissions allow us to share this data within our organization. Another creative way we use Google Sheets is by having some of our automated processes generate review reports when something needs to be manually verified. These reports can be quickly reconciled by a team member and have allowed us to automate significant parts of our workflow with minimal human intervention.

Google Sheets review by Connor B.
Director, Marketing

"Good for quick and dirty spreadsheets, but lacking many obvious features"

What do you like best?

I like the Paste keyboard shortcuts which enable you to copy and paste data as text much faster than Microsoft Excel. This speeds up the workflow significantly. I feel that the copy and paste is smoother than Excel, since you can highlight, copy, delete the copied cells, and then paste somewhere else without losing that data. As far as I know within Excel, you cannot copy, delete, and then paste the data.

Compared to Excel, Sheets simplifies the process of filtering data in columns by removing extra steps, and allowing you to click the column and sort by a variety of options without only filtering the data in that specific column. I found Excel's filtering feature to require too many steps just to sort all data by one column, but this is much easier to accomplish in Sheets.

What do you dislike?

Sheets lacks many obvious keyboard shortcuts that one would think would be standard. For example, the only way to merge cells is by navigating through the dropdown menu (3-4 clicks), and then repeating the same steps each time you want to merge a column or row. While some workarounds have been found, this is not a long-term solution to the lack of basic shortcuts.

Sheets does not allow you to automatically format a number to a percentage without adding two additional decimal points (i.e. 25 becomes 25.00%, and you cannot decrease the decimal point any lower than that to just 25.0% or 25%.). This is very odd and requires you to manually add the percentage unless you want two decimals in each percentage.

What is also disappointing is the lack of customization options for the menu. You are stuck with the standard menu layout, unlike Excel, where you can pick and choose what appears in the menu. Allowing users to customize the menu would fix many of the keyboard shortcut shortfalls, and would ultimately speed up your workflow by removing excessive clicks.

Finally, the biggest issue with sheets is performance. Performance will drive you away from using this application. There are periods of time when, for any variety of reasons, performance will lag and make Sheets very difficult to navigate and use. Though performance tends to vary by browser, I found Chrome to handle Sheets the worst out of Firefox and Safari. When this happens, there's not much you can do, especially if you've checked all the obvious culprits (add-ons, browser extensions, large amounts of data, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it lacks some basic, seemingly obvious features and shortcuts, Sheets is great for quickly creating and sharing basic spreadsheets.

We are able to easily create and share spreadsheets throughout the company, while updating them in real-time. This eliminates unnecessary email chains and duplicate spreadsheets since everyone always has the latest version. Using Google Sheets has ultimately helped us become more organized.

Google Sheets review by Heather M.
Writer
Writing and Editing

"The best chart organization "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use but I love that is converts everything since a lot of people still use Excel. I also like how when you print a page is condensed it and doesn’t use more paper then needed

What do you dislike?

I don’t really dislike anything. There was a learning curve as there is to everything but a simple google search will teach you what you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using google sheets over excel. Google sheets is way easier to use and if you company uses excel, don’t worry everything converts. Also I LOVE how you can save the doc as an excel and email it straight from sheet. Also everything being saved right away on ur google drive is amazing.

Currently I use google sheets every month to track my business expense. The document that my organization gave me was an excel and is easy transferred to google sheets

Google Sheets review by Samantha H.
E-Learning

"Google Sheets work for all of your needs"

What do you like best?

Google sheets are perfect for me in my position. In order to keep track of my students, their grades, interactions and such, I need some type of spreadsheets. Because I work from home, but often travel, it's helpful not having to bring my computer or laptop with me all the time. I am able to access sheets from any device in any location. Also, often times my colleagues and I need to keep track of data at a school wide level. With permissions, we are given the opportunity to use the same sheet and add to it as we go!

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to get used to as I was trained in excel spreadsheets. However, the perk of being able to share the sheet live outweighs having to learn a little bit different software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend the use of Google Sheets especially when you work in travel and may not want to carry around your laptop but have access to other devices.

Because of the ability to share Google Sheets without having to email a file, everything is more secure in this way. A secured email isn't necessary. Simply add the email that you would like to share the sheet with, and they can automatically access it by logging into their drive.

Google Sheets review by Shaun E.
IT Support

"Google Sheets - Nearly Better Than Excel?"

What do you like best?

I like the portability Google Sheets provides the end user. The ability for multiple users to access the same Google Sheet at the same time saves masses of time making amendments and emailing an updated document. The ability to share and restrict access depending on your domain or on an individual basis means that your Google Sheet can be used for the desired purpose. Google Sheets also incorporates many of the common formulas that you would see in Excel meaning there is no learning curve if you already have experience of Microsoft's counterpart. As everything is based within Google Chrome (which is a free download) documents can be opened an edited on a range of devices without any additional costs to the end user. Finally, storing Google Sheets in the cloud is a must have!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Google Sheets does have a limit on the amount a cells per document. I feel this is the only area where Excel excel's Google Sheets. Excel does contain more functionality than Google Sheets but I have seen features added over the past 18 months and I hope this continues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always use the full potential of Google Sheets, it has more benefits than Excel!

Google Sheets is used by every department in the business! The ability to collaborate on the same Sheet saves time and costs! We use Google Sheets along side Google Forms which allows us to collect relevant information for the business. This saves on using another third party solution.

Google Sheets review by Scott M.
Partnership Development Coordinator
Management Consulting

"Working with Google sheet"

What do you like best?

It is easy and I am able to keep track of things. It has a lot of capacity and will handle a lot of data. It stays up to date.It is accessible from anywhere on the drive and so data can be entered at almost any time. It is a good basic tool for a company starting out and not wanting to spend a lot of money.

What do you dislike?

Too much work navigating between the various sheets. It has become somewhat overwhelming with all of the different sheets added to the workbook where with a better software, that would not be necessary. This has created a lot of extra work. As the company grows, it outgrows the capabilities of this product. But it is a basic solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sufficient for a lot of things but as the organization grows, it doesn't have the capabilities that are needed for good tracking of clients. I have worked with good CRM programs in the past like ACT and SalesForce. Would prefer to be using something like that but it is not my decision. As we continue to grow, I know that we will need to step up and start using something more robust and capable of meeting the expanding needs. I feel that too much is deleted accidentally or just lost in the shuffle.

Everyone has access to make changes. Ithas been ok to work with I have requested better

Google Sheets review by Fernando Héctor M.
Software Developer
Computer Games

"When it comes to online tools, this is a must"

What do you like best?

I would start by mentioning it is available for free, it includes options for hosting and sharing, there are several tools available for both amateurs and professionals and the formatting options are nicely implemented. You can also import files from other tools, but I got a couple of problems with certain Microsoft Excel files.

What do you dislike?

I have little to dislike about Google Sheets, however the only one aspect I usually waste time is when including images to the files, mostly from the upload process. Because of this, I usually use this software as a text only tool most of the times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it can't replace offline tools, Google Sheets is one of the best offerings available for free when working in the cloud. It is easy to use and you can share them after with anyone, both for reading or editing.

I was able to manage different tasks and to communicate between the coworkers, saving time and energy. It also allowed me to do personal task and easily share them online once finished.

Google Sheets review by Lorenza B.
Vice responsabile
Cosmetics

"Google Sheets helps your team work on documents."

What do you like best?

One of the reason, and the think that I love most of Google Sheets, is the fact that I can see live changes of documents from others from the team in real time. So I do not have to worry about the files, and trying to send them to everyone, and collecting all the versions, and compare them, and unify them. With Google Sheets we can work simoultaneously and share the docs with no problems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Google Sheets seems a bit disconnected from real world organization. For example it would be great to see who access what file and wich work did on the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel the lack of professional interface as in the Microsoft Office suite. But I can say you that I only use it to work with other person. After the session I always manage the files in my Office suite. So test it out, also because is free.

I use it often when I have to work on documents with other people. It saves a lot of my time, so I can focus on work and not to editing the documents only.

Google Sheets review by Faith C.
Lead Analyst

"Why I love Google Sheets!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love auto save function with google sheets, it has saved me many times!

What do you dislike?

Learning google sheets was hard but once I got it, it wasn't so bad and extremely worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not give up on google sheets when you first start. Take the time to review the site and get familiar with the small differences from the excel sheets you are already using. I do not think you will regret your decision to move to google sheets I sure did not! Being able to access a spreadsheet and make changes together as a team is the best part for us.

I use google sheets to track agent production, seminar reservations, mail drops, rate of response, small chart graphs to monitor our largest production points in the year. There are so many sheets to name off that we use and I do not think that we will ever use anything different.

Google Sheets review by Mander R.
Author
Publishing

"Great way to stay organized!"

What do you like best?

I use Google Sheets to keep things organized at work. As a tutor, I use it to track students' progress, and as a writer, I use it to keep track of my own work. It's a really great tool and it's super simple - very similar to Microsoft Office, except that it can be used anywhere from any computer with no obnoxious subscription fees or anything like that.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd change is to add some way to skip down rows on long documents without having to scroll forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the switch. And you don't even have to recreate all the existing documents you might have in excel. You can just import them into Sheets and it will convert them all for you and store them in the cloud for easy access! There's really no reason not to make the switch at this point.

I use it to track my work, primarily, and to keep my writing organized.

Google Sheets review by Michael M.
Help Desk Manager

"For a free spreadsheet tool, what more could you possibly want?"

What do you like best?

Being a native app in Google Drive and on Android devices, this is a great go-to solution. We use Google almost exclusively in-house. It being totally free is a huge plus!

What do you dislike?

Well, it's not Excel. But it doesn't have to be. That would only be a determining factor in your decision making process if your business already used Office 365. We're a Google family so switching was a very easy choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It costs literally nothing to try it out. If you miss the bells and whistles available with Excel (maybe you can't program it in all of the same ways you're used to), it might be worth checking out some add-ons to see if there's a different app that basically accomplishes the same thing.

The functionality is definitely there. If you can't set up scripts the way you really want them, there are plenty of add-ons available (although I don't know what apps being shut down means for that in 2018. Do add-ons for Google Sheets, which is itself an app, count as apps? Does anyone know the answer to that question?).

Google Sheets review by Faith C.
Lead Specialist
Insurance

"Easiest way to share organized information."

What do you like best?

Google Sheets lets you create and manage a spreadsheet online FOR FREE. You can import your standard Excel sheet into Google Sheets, access it from anywhere on pretty much any device, at any time. Have a coworker or friend you need to share some information with? Simply give them the share link and they have instant access to the information.

What do you dislike?

For a FREE service it is hard to dislike much about it, but it does lack some functionalities of your standard excel spreadsheet program. Things do not important 100% correctly to it sometimes but its an easy task to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to share information with multiple people or require the ability for multiple users to have access to and edit one single spreadsheet of information. This is the perfect free solution for you.

We use Google Sheets to share and allow multiple users to have access and update one spreadsheet of information. The ability to have multiple people looking and editing the same spreadsheet at once, all together is just what we needed for some of our daily tasks.

Google Sheets review by Lukas G.
Project Manager