Google Sites

Google Sites is a free and easy way to create and share webpages.

Work for Google Sites?

Learning about Google Sites?

Google Sites Reviews

Ask Google Sites a Question
Showing 197 Google Sites reviews
Google Sites review by Jonathan Y.
Jonathan Y.

"A great way for a newbie to get into website design"

What do you like best?

This is a very simple platform to be able to develop a website. I like how easy the tools are to use and how easy it is to be creative. I also like how easy it is to find approved content from google and incorporate it into the website.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some more freedom to create more sub-pages to the site. It is a little restrictive on how you can map out your pages. Sometimes it is also hard to adjust or edit the pictures or content

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would work with it for a while to make sure you are exploring the options on the site. Keep working to make it as cool as possible instead of just settling with what you can put together so quickly. Also, take some time to find out how to edit or change pictures to customize them to your preferences.

I have been able to use the google sites to make a web site to make communication easier for my co-workers and my students. Also, it has been great for my student's families because it make the class information readily available to the parents.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Sites
Google Sites review by Mahmoud S.
Mahmoud S.

"Suitable for intranet sites"

What do you like best?

Google sites from my opinion is great for internal intranet sites, it is has a great compatibility with Google Docs and Sheets, as I can embed any Google documents or sheets I have access on to the site directly.

The most helpful in Google sites that it almost requires NO programming experience to build a full site, it has a great drag and drop functionality, and you can easily organize your drops into the site's page.

Embed HTML is very helpful feature and you should know how to write HTML correctly, but there are easy sites convert what you need to HTML scripts.

What do you dislike?

There is no easy way to set passwords for site users, and there is no professional way to assign authorization access level to specific pages or content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for intranet sites

It is almost used as an internal intranet site to share all company's key objectives and KPIs results, also to share the company;s departments staff and their roles and responsibilities.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Google Sites review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Easiest Website Builder Out There"

What do you like best?

This is the easiest website builder out there. You seriously just click and type. Adding photos and videos is also a breeze with google sites. There are many different included themes so the websites are very open to customization.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of a single thing that I dislike. I do wish there were better local weather plug ins for google sites, but that really is the only gripe I have, and that is a tiny one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. I promise this will be the easiest website builder you will ever use.

A few years ago our school system went from a windows based Office 365 software suite to google suite. This included completely changing our website as before our website was hosted through taskstream. I was nervous. I had no clue as to what I was doing as I had never built a website nor had any experience at all. Google sites made it as easy as typing and clicking. Within a few hours I had a fresh, new, easy to navigate school website up complete with videos and pictures. Updating the website is super easy as well. Its as easy as clicking on the text box and typing what you want it to say. Its seriously that easy.. This is such a time saver and also helps us, as a public school, comply with federal guidelines by allowing public access to the school safety plan, the school improvement plan and other things. Our lunch menu is always up to date and easy to find. I could go on and on. Google sites is amazing.

Google Sites review by Lashay W.
Lashay W.

"Easy access"

What do you like best?

It is thanks to this software that we can easily demonstrate the work of our team, having access to all of our documents. Easy to use all working tools. The site is also great for personal use, especially if you want to publish an electronic resume or portfolio. The advantage of using the site in quality and ease of maintenance.

What do you dislike?

Sites are not extensive, and it's very difficult to create a professional looking site, it still looks like a site that was created not by a professional. The disadvantage, I would call the setting, which is slightly limited. For example, when you use a template for your portfolio, and make some changes, you can not completely get rid of the entire template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have a great opportunity to work in real time for collaborative editing. Also, you will have powerful access controls. For me there is another advantage that everything we work on, we can see and change in real time. Therefore, teamwork will be more convenient and productive.

We had a critical situation with the site, but thanks to this software we were able to create a new site in one day. This saved our work.

Google Sites review by Lawerence C.
Lawerence C.

"Quickly but very simply"

What do you like best?

If you need to create a website, Google Sites is a reliable and easy-to-use service. You can create more than one page, or several, which allows you to make the site more professional. Google Sites are suitable for those who want to make a quick and easy website without unnecessary problems. When working with the site I like that it is updated quickly, and several employees can work on it.

What do you dislike?

The program is not suitable for those who make websites professionally. You will not have much choice of fonts, images, and themes. But for the internal work of the company, it will suit you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sites is suitable for those who want to make website quick and easy, without unnecessary functions. Also, you can easily place your site on the Google platform, this will be useful for you. Service is easy and simple in its work, so if you make a website in the first, do not even doubt. You will succeed.

We use the service inside our development team, as an internal website.

Google Sites review by Mostafa A.
Mostafa A.

"Google Sites Review"

What do you like best?

I can access any sites created and shared with me through my cell phone easily with no problems related to authentication, it just requires me to login to my email! easy to access, easy to navigate, easy to link Google Docs and G. Sheets to your site, easy to share, compatible with all types of browsers, it never required programming knowledge to create a usable site except if you need to embed HTML, in this case you should know HTML, even this can be managed through some sites convert what you need to HTML code, the most thing is it is "easy" to create useful web sites.

What do you dislike?

The embedded links for Sheets or Docs for example if you don't have an access to see them, the site's content will appear very poor, so I recommend to share all sites' content to the people I shared the site with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure recommended

Helps to create the company,s intranet, helps to create websites prototypes to our customers before starting the actual work, helps to share the created sites very easily without the headache of security administrations

Google Sites review by Issac E.
Issac E.

"Wonderful software for the excellent job."

What do you like best?

With this software, we can make it an easy to exhibit our team's work, with simple access to all our content a drive folder, documents or collective calendar. Simple to understand all of the working tools which makes us be more creative.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how I can say bad about the program which I like. Thank God that all process is clear enough to understand and work better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really very good. You will have the ability that your multiple working teams can work at the same time. Plus all your change is saved automatically. You can directly keep all your work in one space with secure access from your phone, computer, or tablet. Defend your company’s information with security.

We can more cooperative and create high-quality sites for our working team, and event. We don't have any doubts that our sites look amazing on any screen, from desktop to smartphone. We are glad that we are working with this kind of tools.

Google Sites review by Brigitte Y.
Brigitte Y.

"Create a Website Quick with Google Sites"

What do you like best?

Google Sites is a great platform to use when you want to create a website quickly.

Corporate users will benefit from it because it’s a great resource for creating internal websites and for developing prototypes of a website. The sharing tools make it is to secure the privacy of the site. For example, Google Sites makes it easier to share the site or certain webpages with a few people people for review before distributing it to a whole group or staff within a department. In addition, it offers ample opportunities for people to provide comments. This comes in handy when you are seeking feedback about the content within the webpage or the whole web page itself.

The site is also great for personal use, especially when you want to post an electronic resume or a portfolio. The advantage of using the site as a portfolio of your work is its easy maintenance.

The site is fairly intuitive, but may leave some people scratching their heads from time to time as they figure out how place objects. I would say it’s a bit simpler when compared to using SharePoint; and, since I have used SharePoint which is more complex, I found Google site is easier to manage.

Google sites is mainly used in classroom settings. Teachers often use it to display lesson plans, and they encourage students to use it for certain educational projects.

A Google Sites perk is that you are able to track some activity on the site like the number of visitors by using Google Analytics, and that too is fairly simple to set up.

What do you dislike?

The downside I would say is that while it offers opportunities for customization. The customization is a bit limited. For instance, I used a template for my portfolio and made some changes. However, I wasn’t able to get rid of everything from the template, I still have part of the multicolored background visible when you scroll toward the bottom of the page and it contrast with the sleek look I was attempting. One important thing to know is that the space is limited to 100 MB. I am not sure if you can buy more, but since its associated with other Google products like Google Drive all you have to do is publish your Google Doc or Google Slides and share. This doesn’t work so much with PDFs, and PDFs have a tendency to take up space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You’re not limited to creating one site. So you can create a website for your book club, tv show fan club, or a blog site. Also, if you are just starting out with your business, this is a great place to develop your website and expand upon it later. I wished I knew about Google Sites earlier because I would have been able to save a lot of money by creating my business site here first and then once the traffic grew I could link it to a third

I would encourage people to try it, especially when you want to put together website fast.

I used the platform to create a portfolio of work samples. This took about a few days to put together since I had to dig to find the information, but once I found some work samples I was comfortable with posting, it was easy to display. I think that’s one of the advantages, it’s a great place to privately store examples of your work since you can restrict the access.

Google Sites review by Meka J.
Meka J.

"User friendly but very limited."

What do you like best?

My company uses Google Sites to create an internal intranet where we upload and share files and other information. We have created a very complicated hierarchy of sites within it, and we can manage viewing and editing permissions across all of our users. It's a great way to share sensitive information over the web and save and share files. It's also very easy to integrate Google Sheets and Google Drive, etc.

What do you dislike?

Google Sites are pretty basic. They're functional, but a bit ugly. Not super sleek, but gets the job done. I dislike the fact that we sometimes have trouble with our user permissions working correctly. Hard to use/format tables within it, but I guess that's what Google Sheets is for...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect rich editing/formatting/layout options. Google Sites is very basic and works best as an information sharing platform, not a snazzy website creator.

File organization and sharing is great in Google Sites. It allows remote access to users in our company. It is easy to share permissions and fairly intuitive to learn. Lots of easy options to create ready-to-go pages of various purposes.

Google Sites review by Richard E.
Richard E.

"The Most Effective Free Option"

What do you like best?

While there are many significantly better paid options available online for web development (such as Squarespace) no one beats google when it comes to simple and free. I've been able to build many simple test sites using Google Sites and others for our clients, using the tools that they provide.

What do you dislike?

The cheapest isn't always the best, and that is very apparent when you try to go deeper on google sites. There are not a lot of expandability options when it comes to building out your site. And besides some basic deep linking options, there isn't a terrific amount of customization available either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as all you want is a free and basic solution, it's the best.

We use Google Sites primarily for building simple test sites and portals that are needed for specific projects. This makes it much better than other paid options for a quick projects.

Google Sites review by Mohammed H.
Mohammed H.

"Create a site in minutes!"

What do you like best?

I'm a programmer and I knew well how much efforts required to create a very simple website, but with Google Sites I can now create a full website in minutes, using the already existing templates and drag & drop feature to drag anything to the website, also I can add any Google sheets or documents.

I can rearrange everything very easily with no even one programming code, I can share it to all my colleagues or my friends to take their comments for better user interface or better contents.

What do you dislike?

I badly need a flip image control but unfortunately it is not supported

Create internal sites to share ideas and events, all KPI results published in a Google site and shared to all of us, so we can easily access our department's KPIs and suggested improvement action plans.

Google Sites review by Sheena R.
Sheena R.

"#1 Industry Leading Company and Here's Why"

What do you like best?

Google Sites are the most intuitive sites around. They are the leader in web development and technology and each site showcases that by it's functionality and content purpose. I will continue to use google for the ease of use and direct linked access to online information with results you can count on.

What do you dislike?

The only issue with google sites sometimes can be the advertisements. There is such a big market for ads now that sometimes when you search for a site, you are redirected to similar ones with ads at the top middle bottom and sides of the screen. If a company doesn't have a completely unique name, it's hard to decipher and uncode which site to choose. This doesn't deter me from using the sites, just creates some extra searching and drilling to land on what I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improve search results and ad placement. We understand advertisements is a big part of revenue but functionality is also very important. Web development can be tricky sometimes but Google streamlines the process and makes it easy for anyone to catch on. I love their service and a business will see results immediately if the tools available are used correctly.

Google sites is great for personal customer interaction. We love using the sites for allowing our users to have the ability to respond to our products and new services we offer. Online presence is becoming such a large part of almost any business so monitoring the results is a tool to increase and drive sales from other sources. This also cuts down on marketing expenses.

Google Sites review by Horst B.
Horst B.

"Basic tool for website newcomer"

What do you like best?

Quick and fast website building and also hosting. That is the main advantage of this tool. It works in the way it should work. No crashes or other bugs that i could find and even for newcomers an easy way to build a homepage.

What do you dislike?

You are simply limited with this tool. The low number of templates and designs is very negative. I think they released a new version of the builder but i havent tried it out yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can really not recommend it for anyone who has serious ambitions to build a professional website. But for people who just want a quick build webpage it is the right tool, also its free so you cant lose anything except your time.

We tried the website builder for small business information pages for potential customers. But in the end we decided to use our standard CMS system for such things. Now we manage our company football team with it and are giving out internal company news.

Google Sites review by Britni B.
Britni B.

"I found It so helpful solution in my working life."

What do you like best?

I Spent so nice time with the program at work. U know I can't even think that I can make a site as I don't have skills of programming. But step by step with all help on that platform I can do it.And now my job more up.

What do you dislike?

I'm the big friend of this software so I will not write bad comments.I know that it's very easy and clear program. I would like to stay with it and will share with all of the people who are interesting in creating and work online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have the good opportunity to work altogether and easy in real time co-editing . Also you will have powerful sharing controls. Also for me, there is one more great thing that everything that we are typing we can see and change it in real time. So to work together will be more powerful.

The biggest thing what really helps it is to create themes and do it so carefully. So after that clear work, my content always looks perfect.Even with others devices will be some good.

Google Sites review by Azza T.
Azza T.

"Create professional sites with no programming background!!"

What do you like best?

With Google sites, it is very easy to create a website with no programming knowledge, I can easily add existing Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and even images & videos and control its positions in my website, I can add a site map to make my site's navigation more efficient, there are a lot of templates can be used based on the objective of my newly created website, also it is shareable! I can share share my site very easily to all team members or even the whole company's employees.

What do you dislike?

Still embedding HTML requires some programming background, it is missing the touch of nowadays windows 10 theme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended

Create intranet sites to share company's events, structure and related vision, mission and objectives information, sometimes it help us creating CRM prototypes.

Google Sites review by Hesham G.
Hesham G.

"Google sites productivity tool"

What do you like best?

I use Google sites to create fast, reliable and shared sites to be used over all the company's departments and employees, I like that it allows me to draw charts for our KPIs for all departments, also I like that it has rich controls, also I like the multi tabs which allows me to create usable and user friendly sites for all level of employees, I like also that I can add Google sheets links, also it has a good templates, it allows me to show site map with two views, I like also that it is reliable and bugs free which allows us to depend on it in all management meetings, and it has no performance issues.

What do you dislike?

Actually I don't like its basic UI, some efforts need to be done on this by Google

All internal systems including our KPI reporting

Google Sites review by keiver p.
keiver p.

"google effectiveness"

What do you like best?

I like google sites because it allows me to create a website or an intranet in a way as simple as editing a document. With Google Sites, users can gather varied information in a single place and quickly, including videos, calendars, presentations, attachments and text

What do you dislike?

I think that google sites should further expand their GB capabilities to both free users and Google Apps users as well that there is no open use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or JavaScript. JavaScript can be used within the confines

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I recommend google sites for other users to facilitate their work

It is very efficient because I can create documents of comtabilidad and facilitates more my work at the time of unwrap in the area of ​​comtabilidad

Google Sites review by Palmira A.
Palmira A.

"Perfect work on web."

What do you like best?

Good tools at my work. I can work on it even I don't have so higher skills at programming. Very easy to understand all of the steps. And you can easily be a had of all your tools.

What do you dislike?

I'm don't feel too bad about this software. I like the way of working tools. Gives a good a strong way to work. I guess that a lot of people like it. Always helps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The perfect software will keep all of your team in one place. Your work will be more positive. Great control of everything. Also, you will have the ability to check all of your work online. Good job for everyone.

The great thing that my working team can work more open on colorful themes. The best way to keep my content in perfect look. By this look,our page will have more attention.

Google Sites review by Marielle E.
Marielle E.

"I needed to build it fast....so I went to Google"

What do you like best?

It was soooo easy. I am not a techie but I still needed to get it done fast. It was intuitive and allowed me to build a site for our group without a lot of frustration or support needed. I love that I can go in and continue revising as I learn and get feedback from our members.

What do you dislike?

I wanted to have more formatting choices. It was a little tricky getting everything positioned where I wanted it to be. I wanted to be able to adjust and change the spaces and have the ability to add photographs and links/anchors where I wanted them.

Our web editor left without notice and dumped our website- completely deleting everything. I was able to create a new website in one day that got us up and running. Communication in our organization was critical.

Google Sites review by Erin D.
Erin D.

"Google Sites provides a reliable and user friendly platform for work resources."

What do you like best?

The fact that sites on the platform are so customizable and that it is so easy to embed helpful features into a site on Google Sites is a major perk to using the platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to create more cohesive looking websites on Google Sites and more comparable on that front to other site-building platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sites is very helpful for a straightforward place to collect and publish information and links, but it is lacking a bit

Google Sites allows my department to collect and list resources in one central location for our employees to access whenever needed. We are able to post all helpful links and documents together in an organized manner, which leads to more ease of access and productivity.

Google Sites review by Hager H.
Hager H.

"Design a web site in a few minutes"

What do you like best?

Google Sites help creating web sites with almost no efforts, it has a very good collection of templates, embedding HTML is a very helpful feature, I can drag and drop images, documents and videos very easily, also it is very efficient that I can embed any documents and sheets exist in my drive, it is very easy to organize dropped items in the pages, i'm really enjoying using and designing sites by Google sites

What do you dislike?

It couldn't help me create forum pages to submit questions or answer questions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended as an internal intranet

Commonly used as an intranet website for our company to share all valuable information regarding the function department, company's event's images and happy moments, share achieved objectives.

Google Sites review by FRAN G.
FRAN G.

"Excellent perspective of Google Sites to design webs."

What do you like best?

With Google Site I can innovate in the labor field and thus be able to attract some clients creating my own page for the comfort and the impulse that we need in our company. Very easy to use and useful. Pleased with the tool.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool designed for the design of pages, it lacks many things. Some templates are predesigned and you can not edit them. However, it is great. You do not have access to geolocation of places where you can find my location. For mobile devices it is very heavy.

We are improvising with this very eye-catching tool to organize a network of user providers that have access to our current policies and contracts.

Google Sites review by Alejandra  H.
Alejandra H.

"Create websites efficiently and easily with google sites."

What do you like best?

Google sites is a free online tool to create websites easily and simply. It is a very easy tool to use and does not require knowledge of HTML or design, nor does it require any type of maintenance. One of its advantages is that it facilitates collaboration because it allows multiple users to work together and make changes in real time. In addition, it allows the use of Google Adsense and allows the use of static and dynamic advertising. Finally, the best of all is that it is very easy to design and organize the elements that make up the website.

What do you dislike?

Google sites does not allow the use of a more advanced design that includes the use of databases and others, nor does it allow the entry of dynamic java script codes. On the other hand, the maximum size of the attachments is 20 MB and that could be harmful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google sites is recommendable for those people who need to create a simple website quickly and efficiently, it is the ideal tool since it does not require knowledge in programming or design. It is very useful and practical.

Google sites facilitates the creation and edition of content for web pages, also allows joint editing in real time which allows us to increase our efficiency and productivity as a team, also, being a tool for free, it allows us to reduce costs.

Google Sites review by Ahmed H.
Ahmed H.

"Google Sites "

What do you like best?

I can create basic sites very easy, I can also embed HTML contents and it works very well, Google sheets also can be embedded very easily to illustrate our progress to our strategic objectives with charts, accessing sites is very easy through Google and for sure it is "Very" reliable because it depends in Google servers so we never face a problem related to servers down or sites are not accessible.

What do you dislike?

It is not fully customized, and its design limited to its templates

It facilitates creating internal sites in our company to follow our progress to our targets and to share staff information and organizational structure, so it keep all of us up to date with company's news and its achievements.

Google Sites review by Carolyn G.
Carolyn G.

"Easy to Use "

What do you like best?

I like that once you have your pages set up, it is really easy to navigate and edit. Creating and editing text within is each page is incredibly easy and it looks crisp and clean when finished (published) to your website. It is a great free program to use when creating simple websites.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the process involved in setting up your pages within your website. It was complicated with a confusing process to follow. This could be made much clearer for users.

I used it to create a web portfolio. A large benefit was the ability to keep it private or share your site publicly or only with a select few.

Google Sites review by Pepe M.
Pepe M.

"La mejor compañía del mercado lo ha vuelto a hacer"

What do you like best?

Google sites es muy intuitivo. Google es el líder en desarrollo web y tecnología y tienen una funcionalidad perfecta. Continuaré usando google por la facilidad de uso y el acceso directo y vinculado a la información en línea con resultados geniales.

What do you dislike?

El único problema con los sites a veces pueden ser los anuncios. Existe un mercado tan grande para los anuncios ahora que, a veces, cuando busca un sitio, se le redirige a otros similares con anuncios en la parte superior media y lateral de la pantalla. Si una empresa no tiene un nombre completamente único, es difícil descifrar y descodificar qué sitio elegir.

Google Sites es ideal para la interacción personal con el cliente. Nos encanta utilizar los sitios para permitir que nuestros usuarios tengan la capacidad de responder a nuestros productos y a los nuevos servicios que ofrecemos. La presencia en línea se está convirtiendo en una parte tan importante de casi cualquier negocio, por lo que monitorear los resultados es una herramienta para aumentar e impulsar las ventas de otras fuentes. Esto también reduce los gastos de marketing.

Google Sites review by Sara A.
Sara A.

"Google Sites review"

What do you like best?

Building a web site is very easy with Google sites, it takes very little time and efforts to build a full web site, the drag and drop feature is very helpful, and embedding Google Docs or sheets is very easy and very productive, also adding HTML scripts added a nice touch.

The performance of Google sites is always very good and I never face bugs with any created site.

What do you dislike?

It is better for Google sites to create HTML script generator tool instead of writing HTML scripts directly while designing the web site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended

Share all projects status in the internal intranet and share all company's events, helps us sharing KPI scores and KPIs analysis

Google Sites review by Jane J.
Jane J.

"Simple, easy to use"

What do you like best?

conferencing with someone is as simple as entering their email address. This is a great option when conferencing with clients and other industry professionals that are not on the same conferencing platform.Google Meet is an excellent voice and video conferencing tool. I use it in all the voice and video conferencing in my office. I never used its customer support as never required one. But Google customer support is great.Also this is free.Great integration. It's an entire platform that you can use from your laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, chromebook... anything

What do you dislike?

They don't have inbuilt conferencing call recording tool. For screen sharing you need other applications. I really have nothing to object to in terms of google applications. I think they are very well thought out, designed to satisfy even the most particular needs of the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A thumbs up from my side

It may be too simple for certain applications and lack features you may want in a conference tool, also I've been experiencing some skips on video.

Google Sites review by Baylee N.
Baylee N.

"Google Sites Review."

What do you like best?

I like best that google sites allows you to have easy access especially with any associated Google account. If you have gmail or a google account. It allows you to build websites without any knowledge of coding necessary. I love the drag and drop features. Its also easy to integrate google maps into your page.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that its more beneficial and useful to internet administrators and not to everyday website builders. It also lacks customizability features compared to competitors such as weebly and wix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think google sites is a great tool for someone who is just starting out. I think its beneficial for users who do not neccsarily have a coding background or technical. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something that is easy to use.

The business problems that are being solved are having easy access. It allows me easy access to a number of google tools including google sheets which I use for our corporate air b n b. The benefits are the easy access.

Google Sites review by Shawnalee  W.
Shawnalee W.

"Google Sites "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using this for building a website platform for our orthopaedic surgery practice. We have satellite clinics that we use this platform for and it gives us the ability to choose who can and cannot access our site. So when we use this for our satellite clinics we can control the crowd. Also I really love how it is saved automatically into our google drive.

What do you dislike?

It is very limited in the design world. There are not a lot of creative options in building an online platform and the site can seem very blase. May not be very good for long term business in terms of marketing.

We are using this as a quick set up for our satellite clinics so that way we can reach out to just those in the surrounding area of that specific clinic. Instead of the patient having to go to our main website and search for their needs from their small city. We enjoy the ability to control the crowd.

Google Sites review by Administrator

"Great site organizational tool for keeping teams up-to-date on projects"

What do you like best?

Once stop shop for all documents and notes for the team to use. Helped our organization to keep all of our documents in one area and all searchable for other departments to see. Is a good tool to refer developers to when there were any changes or general notes to a project. Not having to rely on email and hallway conversations, we had everyone update the site document of all changes to everyone had the latest information.

What do you dislike?

Interface is basic, would like to see more offline features and clearer user interface. Missing some features I'm use to using from other site organization software. Occasionally there would be pages we know were created and had certain keywords that weren't coming up in the search results. We ended up having to surface those pages on certain pages more clearly so people didn't have to rely on site searches to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to evaluate other software products. See the cons and pros for Google Sites. One thing to watch out for is the limitation of non-cross searching through separate sites. We had to add everything in one site and still some of the searching was not as fine tuned. Difficult to find certain pages we knew that were there.

Main business problem is keeping everyone up-to-date on current projects and all the changes it may have during the course of development. It has provided to be a very useful archive area to have documentation for what we did before.

Google Sites review by Bhupesh b.
Bhupesh b.

"Google sites is easy to convenience searching data by the helping of google"

What do you like best?

If be confused and search anywhere then we can open google and type words in google homepage and search them .we can check result those are match with the search words . in google maps also convenient to find palace we are going plan .easy to search location and palace .only set destination and find & reached them.

What do you dislike?

Google site in list is a harmful site and browser show big red warning.its harmful for computer.people found many tricks to fool google algorithm and put there domain in first result we see in google search.by the help of google people miss use the site by we search tricks like theft and criminal ideas by the searching after google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes this google sites is very helpful for all software engineers and all of us.

we search any problem in programming then we write in google page then more solution of this problem is show in this page then we read and solve out the problem easily.google is most helpful to software engineers.

Google Sites review by María L.
María L.

"a good way to contact with other people"

What do you like best?

For the moment I think that possibly it is a good way to contact with other people, you can interact with them about hot topics. When you create a new site, a file is added to Drive, just like other Drive files. Sites automatically saves every change you make, but your site isn’t public until you publish it. If you no longer want your site to be available online, you can unpublish it. You can still access and update your site content. You can also republish the site using the same URL or a different URL at any time. If people try to visit your unpublished site, they’ll see an error message. You can change your site’s URL anytime. However, if you do, bookmarks to the old URL will no longer work

What do you dislike?

there is a lot of similar programmes that offer the same services. ou can only use letters, numbers, and dashes in the site name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

a good way to contact with other people

Share content. I am still evaluating the use of this application. Embed any file or the contents of a folder stored in Drive. If you make changes to your files in Drive, the same changes automatically show in Sites. You can continue to edit your site after you publish it. If you’re viewing a site on a mobile device, the content automatically adjusts to fit the screen. You can preview how your site appears on different devices.

Google Sites review by javier g.
javier g.

"crea tu propio sitio web"

What do you like best?

Crea un sitio web, sin conocimientos de programación o diseño

Con Google Sites, podrás mostrar fácilmente el trabajo de tu equipo y acceder a todo tu contenido de G Suite, tanto si se trata de una carpeta de Drive como de un archivo de Documentos de Google o incluso de un calendario compartido.Crea un sitio web, sin conocimientos de programación o diseño

Crear y editar contenido no puede ser más fácil: basta con hacer clic en un elemento, arrastrarlo y soltarlo. El contenido se reorganiza automáticamente con un diseño de cuadrículas. Todos los elementos se colocan en la posición más adecuada y puedes moverlos, cambiar su tamaño o reorganizarlos fácilmente.

Google Sites simplifica la colaboración gracias a la posibilidad de edición conjunta de documentos en tiempo real y a los potentes controles para compartir contenido, los mismos que utilizas en Drive y Documentos. Al igual que en Documentos, puedes trabajar con otras personas y ver los cambios que hacen los demás en tiempo real, a medida que los escriben.

What do you dislike?

lo que mas me disgusta es que no tenga un manual de usuario o algo por el estilo que te ayude en el dia a dia

Recommendations to others considering the product

recomendaria mas ayuda para las personas que no sepan hacer s sitio web

pondria la obcion de a gente que no sabe hacerlo , se le proporcionara ya hecha pagando un modico presio claro

"Google Sites Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to add multiple pages to the site, and to have them listed over to the left side of the screen.

What do you dislike?

I think that Google Sites is a little bit too difficult to customize - for example, you can easily update the tables where the information is listed, and the font, etc., but the page itself is hard to customize (graphics, colors, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sites is great if you need multiple pages of information stored. For example, we have various companies listed as 'Pages' and each company's page has contact information, workflow information, etc. The product, as least for our level of use, is pretty bare bones. It is difficult to update the aesthetic of the pages, so we use the basics, which is fine for our use case.

We use Google Sites to internally store information. It is great for us to have a central repository of information between offices around the country.

Google Sites review by Nada H.
Nada H.

"G. Sites "

What do you like best?

No programming required anymore to create websites, with Google Sites I can embed any item in my Google drive and I can drag and drop any external documents or links also with no problems, I can choose from a range of templates based on the site's objective, adding HTML and rearranging objects embedded on the sites pages is simple and doesn't require training.

What do you dislike?

Templates are very basic and need to be enhanced to be more advanced with the current modern era.

In our SWD Dept. We create prototypes for our CRM clients, it facilitates distributing data between company's employees by using internal sites to share company's news and KPIs results

Google Sites review by Alberto R.
Alberto R.

"Google sites, the best tool of google"

What do you like best?

* It's free, just have an account with Google.

* Google Adsense can be used (Online Advertising Network Products)

* Allows the use of static and dynamic advertising.

* Allows you to add the "I like" Facebook picture.

* Easy design

* You can import from Google Docs documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, Picasa photos, videos, etc.)

* Allows the introduction of static Java Script code, ie videos, links, etc.

* Pages per site: No established limit.

* It is multi-user.

What do you dislike?

* Does not allow the advanced design of a web page (use of databases and others).

* It does not allow the entry of dynamic Java Script code.

* Apparently does not allow buttons to be placed in web directories.

* Does not allow working with sponsored links.

* Maximum attachment size (20 MB)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can upload more mega files

Create a website where to expose the works.

Google Sites review by kAMAL S.
kAMAL S.

"Google Sites Are Very Easy,Free to create wEBpAGES"

What do you like best?

Just Click and Have the Site Ready for you

Its simple and very easy

Just 4 steps to create

On a computer, open new Google Sites.

In the bottom right, click Create Create.

Add content to your site.

To publish your changes, at the top right, click Publish.

What do you dislike?

well i like every thing of it

i have no words to dislike this

As every thing is according to my needs

I

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just click and work and publish your own site

We are making the sites for our buisness as well as for spritual talks

its very simple and easy to understand that how to publish sites

Google Sites review by Neil P.
Neil P.

"Superfast internal project websites"

What do you like best?

The ability to create a Project Intranet site in minutes. No additional training required. Brings content from your GSuite environment together. Google sites is good enough for Public publishing which I do on many occasions.

What do you dislike?

The "New" Google Sites editor looks nicer and is definitely slicker however some elements make it less powerful than the old version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep improving the editor. Perhaps more free-form formatting. ie: Allow to position objects anywhere rather than within defined columns and rows.

Each of my GSuite clients ends up with a Google Sites, Home Intranet portal. It has been great for educating and guiding new GSuite users to their new Google world.

Google Sites review by Peter N.
Peter N.

"More useful for internal projects + micro-sites than a real platform."

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great, that said because it's easy to use it sacrifices a lot of customizations that you would get with more robust and complex platforms. Because of that, I've used it moreso to create internal reference portals to point to various calendars, documents, make announcements, etc. that can live in a single place.

What do you dislike?

It's not nearly as robust for it to be actually competitive against other platforms like WordPress. Squarespace offers much more customization than Google Sites for a B2B company even though it's gear towards B2C.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out what your actual objective is, and then choose the appropriate platform. If you're moving quick and dirty, then Google Sites could work, otherwise go with another platform you could scale easily into. In my experience, I use Google Sites for internal more than external projects.

I used Google Sites to create internal dashboards for various teams where updates, documents, announcements, materials and resources can live.

Google Sites review by Maysa S.
Maysa S.

"Melhor suíte de produtos do mundo"

What do you like best?

O que eu mais gosto na suíte de produtos do Google, é o fato de poder fazer reunião com o Hangouts Meet, Agenda, Contatos, Google Keep and Google Drive.

What do you dislike?

O que eu menos gosto mas não deixo de usar são os editores de Google Sheet e Google Documentos acredito que por ser acostumada com as ferramentas do Office, mas ainda assim não deixam de ser ÓTIMOS produtos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todos deveriam ter acesso aos mesmos aplicativos que eu tenho do Google Sites! É ótimo!!

Eu consigo resolver TODOS os meus problemas! Eu posso fazer minhas reuniões, anotações, vincular com outros aplicativos entre diversas outras coisas.

Google Sites review by Heba M.
Heba M.

"Very reliable sites"

What do you like best?

I like the easy way to access all sites developed in my company's Google's sites domain in one place, I like that the site can include our known Google Docs and sheets which increase the familiarity of the site, I like also the site map, as I can reach what I need directly without more and more navigation, I like that it is light and has no performance issue.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that all developed sites missing the modern user interface as we can see now in new sites.

We are using Google sites as a company intranet shows our KPI results and share the company's vision, mission and future strategies.

Google Sites review by Layla B.
Layla B.

"Very Good software to create a web page "

What do you like best?

I like this application because it is very easy and fast to start creating web pages without so many problems or complications, and you can create not just one but several pages. Through this application we can translate different types of information according to what we want to present on the page, with this I mean that they provide many options according to the creativity of each person.

What do you dislike?

I think it is a very complete software that provides simplicity and ease to create websites. In addition it provides many tools to create a page with professionalism, that's why there is nothing to disturb me

of Google sites so far has been very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommendations to others that consider Google sites is an application that will be very useful if you want to create a Web page, in addition to how easy it is, will give you many options to build your page without many complications and the best that is free , so nothing You lose with trying.

It has helped me a lot in the work since it offers us as a team to create new ideas, from different perspectives or points of view, in order to create a website of professionalism and be able to present it to the public with the benefit of improving the image in the company .

Google Sites review by User

"Amazing tool for compiling information in a user friendly site"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Google sites is that it is so simple and quick to put together a site that has all the information and reference information our office needs to have available for our staff. We have a pretty high turnover because we employ students but this definitely solves the issue of empowering staff to find answers to issues they may encounter while troubleshooting tech issues.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sites is a great way to compile documents and resources in a way that is easier to navigate compared to just dumping files into a Google Drive. You can more easily organize and curate the the information and resources available to the users of your Google Site.

We are able to better support classroom technology issues in real time anywhere on campus by compiling all the resources needed on our Google site. It contains links to diagnostic tools, equipment rental systems, and forms to file request for repairs immediately upon encountering larger issues.

Google Sites review by Heba M.
Heba M.

"Productive company intranet site"

What do you like best?

I like that G.sites supports showing data in multiple formats, it can display G.Docs, Sheets, Forms and even charts, as this helps showing all required data related to our KPIs from high level to the detailed level, I like that it is easy to navigate specially with the site map, also it is very light and accessible anytime and any where, also I like that I can share any site's link to my team within the same domain, so they can access its content directly without login.

What do you dislike?

The created sites always with a very basic design and doesn't support modern components

Company's intranet includes company's KPIs, Event, news and more

Google Sites review by Administrator

"Business Websites Built Easily & Quickly"

What do you like best?

Google Sites is a free and easy way to create and share webpages so that anyone can create a team-oriented site where multiple people can collaborate and share files! No need to write code for desktops, tablets or mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

If you can't see a Google Doc, calendar, video, or other file, you may have to ask the file owner for permission, and you would have to wait for their approval.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, easy and quick way to build a website that is also affordable and has great customer support.

I have been able to use Analytics reports and view the data in more than one tab so that I can see multiple views of the data in one place. This includes an Explorer tab with a graph of the data on top, and a data table below, which has been extremely helpful!

Google Sites review by Maria S.
Maria S.

"Pretty basic not much customization"

What do you like best?

Like most Google products, Sites has a user-interface that is easy to use and understand. If you have a general idea of what you want to have on your site, Google Sites can be a great resource for a webpage that looks put-together and is easy to maintain.

One very neat feature is that you can see how your webpage will display on mobile, tablet and desktop screens.

What do you dislike?

The design of Sites is too simplistic for my tastes. It may be that what I wanted to do with the site was too specific. However, in the new version of Sites, you cannot even pick your own fonts. It is possible to use a picture as a background, but you are restricted to a handful of themes with set fonts and text sizes. With only a handful of options, there is only so much adjusting you can do to the text to make it fit, should you have more than what will span the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you must use Google Sites and want to be able to customize the site more, I recommend using the old version. It gives you more options and more flexibility.

If you are looking for a mostly user-friendly program to make your wepage on and are flexible on how the page is set up, Sites isn't a bad way to go.

However, I would just rather use a different program. There others out there to choose from!

I had wanted it to be a site where students of senior status could go to find information on postsecondary education and career resources. I ended up not using Google Sites because I was unable to get the information up the way I wanted it.

Google Sites review by Mahmoud E.
Mahmoud E.

"Light and easy web sites"

What do you like best?

I like in Google sites that it is very easy to use and navigate, I like the simple design and that it can show Google Docs and sheets normally with just drag and drop, I like that it can be shared normally, it is actually reliable and doesn't consume huge bandwidth while using it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it didn't share automatically all Google Docs included in the site to me if the admin share the full site to me already.

We are using Google Sites creating our internal sites and other needed prototype sites needed by our clients for Demo purposes.

"Testing the product"

What do you like best?

There is a good tour to introduce you. It is very simple to use and easy for a new person to learn the software. It is easy to change the font and colors and insert charts, documents from other google software.

What do you dislike?

It takes you through a few steps before allowing you to create. Therefore you need to have some free time when you first start working on your site to set the site up and be able to play around with it for a little while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use, but may not look as official as a full website building program.

It is very easy and efficient to create sites via google sites. Other website creators take a long time, but google sites does now.

Google Sites review by Hesham E.
Hesham E.

"Reliable sites"

What do you like best?

Google sites is easy to create and very reliable as it depends mostly on existing Google Docs, sheets or presentations, also its navigation is user friendly and self explanatory, it consumes very few bandwidth which increases its performance, it works with all browsers with no problems, it also can be shared as normal.

What do you dislike?

Templates need to be with a more modern user interface supports dashboards and tiles.

Helps us create internal sites for showing company performance for all departments and to orient new employees about the company. the organization structure, policies and code of conduct.

Google Sites review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"It holds all types of information!"

What do you like best?

I like that it can hold all types of information, also it can be updated easily as I can embed or update any type of google files like Docs, Sheets or even slides in the website, it is fast and bugs free, also I like the site map, it facilitates a fast direction to what I'm searching for, also it was very helpful to share the site to other domains in our company, so they can check the up to date company's news and KPIs.

What do you dislike?

No modern templates provided and poor design

Sharing company news and Departments KPIs

Google Sites review by Amr M.
Amr M.

"Sites"

What do you like best?

Google sites is bugs free and I never faced a performance issue while navigation or previewing its contents, I can preview the site's contents related to Google like Docs and sheets only when I have access to preview them which provides a good level of security without major programming work in the site to grant or deny access to users.

What do you dislike?

If I shared the site to a specific user, the site didn't share the site's content to the user also.

Illustrates company's KPI analysis, sharing organization's structure and the internal departments' staff

Google Sites review by Hassan I.
Hassan I.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

I like best that I can design a new site easily with Google sites and embed HTML content and YouTube links, also I can link google forms, charts, sheets and more with just drag and drop which can be re arranged very easily, the site map also makes the site's navigation more easy, it has attractive themes, finally it is simple and professional

What do you dislike?

Advanced controls not supported like grids, list views and ajax controls

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for creating basic sites and intranet

Create CRM prototypes for our clients and sharing company's events

Google Sites review by Mostafa H.
Mostafa H.

"effective for internal sites"

What do you like best?

It allows me to create sites easily with the use of provided controls also I like that I can embed TML, links, google drive files, YouTube files or images, I like also that I can add site map, menus and embed charts from google drive very easily, I like that it is very light and with a very good performance, I like also that I can create multiple tabs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the old design and very few controls to be used to build a pro site

Intranet site to presents KPI results for all our company's departments.

Google Sites review by Amr F.
Amr F.

"GOOGLE Sites"

What do you like best?

I like the easy way to create an internal or external website, I like that it can be accesses by all domain members, so all employees can follow the company news and KPI results, I like the rich controls it provides to create a professional internal site, also I like best that I can include google sheets or Docs in the website, also I like that I can embed youtube links, maps and even a calendar

What do you dislike?

I don't like the abstract design also, it needs to avail modern templates

Internal company sites for news and KPI results

Google Sites review by User

"You get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

I do like that there is a free option for a hosted website.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that can be done to make these sites look custom. It frankly reminds me of myspace in terms of design. I do know that there are more and more templates available every day, so hopefully this improves over time.

The interface to add pages/subpages is slower than I think it should be and takes quite a few clicks to do.

We've attempted to use Google Sites a couple different ways, without much success. The closest we've gotten to a useful purpose was as a new staff onboarding tool, but even that became clunky over time. We still use it for meeting minutes for our department rather than having a folder full of documents.

Google Sites review by User in Higher Education

"Quick, easy to use, no web experience needed"

What do you like best?

It was simple to use, I am not a web developer but I needed a way to quickly post documents to make them publicly viewable.

The integration with google docs/suite made it even easier.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to make things public when you have an enterprise license because some people don't use the google suite so certain things may not be shown. It really just boils down to permission. I would also like to be able to customize the website, but I probably couldn't find the feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a tutorial to get the expert features.

Public documents, meeting information, and other sharing of information.

Very very simple to use and set up. Easy to add pages and change stuff

Google Sites review by Mariam A.
Mariam A.

"An excellent way to create easy and beautiful websites"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to setup a website and that you can directly share your documents by sharing one of your Google drive folders. You can get a full website up and running in just a few minutes without paying a thing.

What do you dislike?

That all websites start by default with sites.google.com/

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create super easy and good looking websites in just a few minutes with 0 fees and don't care about the website URL much, I highly recommend using this product.

I use Google sites in my classes to share notes, slides and assignments with my students. They love the accessibility of it and the fact that they find all course related content in one place. It has been a super feature.

Google Sites review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"What do you know about google site?"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this product is how well it keeps me informed and organized. It has an excellent interface because it allows you to access information wherever you want, it's free and good for business.

What do you dislike?

Well I think that the product has very little storage capacity, because it limits the information that can be stored

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent product that allows you to make web pages, allows you to share information in an easy and effective way such as making meeting calendars, and at a low cost of acquisition

This product has helped me a lot in the daily order of the composition meetings, I have helped with the creation of my web pages for the company

Google Sites review by Wayne M.
Wayne M.

"Great for simple sites"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating a site, the clean themes, and the ability to embed. It's great for a free product!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ability to add more colors and customizations to the sites. Being able to choose your own fonts would be nice, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for simple sites, but not so great if you want a lot of customization options.

I use sites to create internal portals for my organization. It's a very simple and helpful way to have lots of information easily accessible by anyone in the department.

Google Sites review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Nice tool to get a site going"

What do you like best?

I used this tool to get a site going on college that I needed for a class.

The best thing is that you can use a basic version or a more advanced one to fit all the needs you need.

Each one helps you to get stuff done with the requirements you may have.

Another good thing is that you can choose the name for your site.

What do you dislike?

Only bad thing is that your site will have a "sites" on the address but other than that is all good with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the basic version to build a website, is the one I always use and it is simpler and easier to get a site going in no time.

In the bussiness I have used it to try some stuff and how it would look on other pages.

It is easier to try a simple script like a slider or something with sites because you just need to add the code and it runs like a charm.

Google Sites review by User in Higher Education

"I enjoy using Google Products"

What do you like best?

Google Sites are easy to use and convenient. I have used a number of Google products, including gmail, Google Docs, the Google search engine and other things, and have had great success with all of them. The storage capacity on Google Sites is extremely useful, as I have written quite a few documents on Google Docs that have been essential to the kind of work I do and the storage is absolutely vital to that.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing in particular that I dislike about Google sites--I think they are very effective in achieving the purpose they were designed for. When I needed to communicate with a client in Rome, Google Docs and Gmail were there to assist in my communications, and the Google browser was there to help me in conducting my research. In short, I have used a wide range of Google sites and been quite satisfied with most of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you try out a couple different sites, possibly gmail and Google Docs or the Chrome browser and just see what works for you and what problems it solves in your working life.

I have solved the problems of exchanging documents with clients across long distances and communicating with them to refine revisions and other things.

Google Sites review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Google Sites "

What do you like best?

Google Sites is a great and easy way to create websites that I prefer to use rather than say Wix.com or Weebly.com. After all they are a part of Google, and they have done really well not only to allow for the use of sites but also to plan club meetings, activities, share info on a secure company intranet, and collaborate on team projects. It also allows to stay connected with family members. I think that Google sites is definitely the best place for a great web site creation tool that is offered by Google.

What do you dislike?

Not much there to dislike about it. It is a pretty solid software.

I think it definitely allows for people to use an easy to use software that is compatible and that is simple and intuitive. I think it definitely allows for the customer to use alternatives other than just other sites like Weebly and Wix all the time. I personally did not know about it until recently.

Google Sites review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Easy way to put up a personal website with Google's help"

What do you like best?

I've been using Google Sites to build quick reference sites for myself and my clients. They've revamped their overall site creation platform with the "NEW" Google Sites which is literally drag and drop. You can create multiple pages, links, embed Google Docs/Drives/Maps.

What do you dislike?

You have to use their framework to build out the sites. The customization is limited to their options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to put up a quick site using Google's platform without the blog functionality, this would be a great solution for you.

Resource centers. Ease of ranking material for clients.

Google Sites review by Nicholas B.
Nicholas B.

"Easy to access and light sites"

What do you like best?

Google sites are easy to access and very reliable with no errors, it supports Google Docs, Sheets and slides to be embedded in the website, I like that it can be shared easily to all emails in the same domain, it has a self explanatory design so I can navigate easily and doesn't require guidance to be used.

What do you dislike?

Basic design and no competitiveness with normal modern web sites.

Share KPIs and company event, share templates related to our recurring activities

Google Sites review by Lizeri B.
Lizeri B.

"All information I seek is on google sites"

What do you like best?

I can type in my keywords and find reliable information. I love how easy this software is.

What do you dislike?

I would like if the site can give you an option to only search academic sources or if I can upload a picture of something I don't know and it can give me the awnsers

Alot of info needed I find on google sites. I do not know how anybody can work without google sites

Google Sites review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Google SItes for Classroom webpages"

What do you like best?

I liked the accessibility of Google sites. I used it to host my classroom webpage and it was easy to navigate. I also liked that I was able to have multiple pages within my site allowing me to keep it nice and tidy. Linking external pages was easy as well as formatting your site to make it

What do you dislike?

There were multiple times where I had to re-give permission to a parent to access the sight and for a few parents they were never able to get access. It can be a bit confusing setting up your site at first but as time went on it got easier to navigate and edit things in my Google site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself some time to play around and get it set up before launching it. There are also a ton of tutorials online that are helpful if you get stuck or do not know how to do something.

I liked being able to host my classroom webpage while also keeping it private. This allowed me to post photos of my students that only the parents could see. I also appreciated being able to link multiple pages within my site allowing it to be a one stop shop for my parents. Uploading photos to embed into the webpage is also easier then most other web hosting sites which I appreciate.

Google Sites review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Sites is easy but not extensive"

What do you like best?

Sites is SO simple. It is literally just drag and drop. What is also wonderful is how it integrates with all of your other Google products seamlessly, so it is easy to use images, documents, presentations, etc in your site.

What do you dislike?

Sites isn't extensive and it is very difficult to make a professional-looking site. Even with the templates, it still looks like something a student did. I would say that sites is good for giving interactive presentations or blogging, but not for front pages of a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sites is heading in the right direction for sure. The latest update made it more professional, and easier to use. However, it still would be hard to use in a professional capactiy.

We have used sites to give users access to information.

"easy web design "

What do you like best?

I love that google sites are an easy yet professional way of developing a website. I am able to blog, create a business savy website, share with others. If you have an google account, you are able to skip the signing up/registration. You can start designing and registering the websites right away.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have more layouts, more designs, some more options to create a different style of designs for my website, considering the setting or layout that the website will be used for. Limited use of HTML

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing platform that allows you to add from " youtube, maps, google drives and other google programs that are available. Can use it to plan meetings, create announcements, build team projects.

Its flexible.

Easy to use. Amazing customer support that you can ask questions to, seek help or also be provided with tips.

Google Sites review by Heba S.
Heba S.

"Google Sites"

What do you like best?

I can access my performance appraisal easily, no hanging happened while checking AHT & OTD analysis, organizational charts and other KPI charts work perfectly with all explorers, Google sites are reliable and we depend on it in sharing information internally and externally, the site map makes the navigation easier

What do you dislike?

current features are accepted so far to me

Showing the AHT, OTD and process compliance results by department and the trend of each KPI

Google Sites review by Anais C.
Anais C.

"Interactive interface for all learners. "

What do you like best?

I love being able to personalize a site for my specific needs. Some website platforms aren't necessarily geared towards educators but Google is much different!

What do you dislike?

The theme's aren't as exciting as other platforms but that is something that you can work around with a lot of time an dedication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More layouts and themes available for users to implement.

Being able to connect with students and parents on an efficient level.

Google Sites review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"Google my eye's off!"

What do you like best?

I'm a Google super FAN!! So if Google has an app, software, or offer I will take it over anything else. I continue to be completely satisfied with all Google has to offer me. Whether I'm in work mode or home mode, I use Google in both environments.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more options in the Google Store.

I wouldn't call them business problems being solved. What I do with many Google sites is prevent problems. When I can create and edit my company's documents in transit, store them in Drive, with none of the business' space being used up, that prevents me from having any problems.

Google Sites review by Tyler T.
Tyler T.

"Great at knowing what I mean"

What do you like best?

Google is great at finding what i'm looking for even when my keywords are way off. It's like they know what I'm trying to say even when I'm way off. Love it.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it was easier to filter certain things out. Like responses tied to a movie when I'm looking for a book.

Google is a great resource for all my needs as an IT provider.

Google Sites review by Ashraf S.
Ashraf S.

"Google Sites review"

What do you like best?

We can share company's information in a secure intranet to share KPIs status, key projects' progress and performance appraisals, I can share it with a full domain members or specific people, publishing the site is very easy with one click, metrics on site's usage very helpful and guide the sales decisions

What do you dislike?

I faced no problems with the current functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended

Sharing company's information to company's employees, sharing projects status to project's team

Google Sites review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Easy to set up!"

What do you like best?

I think Google sites is the easiest way to build a website for those that don't have web building experience.

What do you dislike?

It's also limited in what you can do/integrate. I would suggest using Google sites for simple things like blogs or basic websites but other than that it may be worth it to hire a web designer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google sites is pretty unique. There are other web domains to choose from but they may not be free.

We use it to house as an internal website for our company, it houses an employee directory, updates, the employee newsletter, etc. It's nice to have a website that updates almost instantly and can be worked on by multiple departments.

Google Sites review by Guillermo M.
Guillermo M.

"Me encanta este articulo"

What do you like best?

La parte más positiva de Google Sites es que estamos ante uno de las mejores empresas tanto a nivel de usabilidad como integración

What do you dislike?

No tengo nada negativo que decir ante la aplicación de Google Sites, ya para mi es perfecta

Recommendations to others considering the product

Os recomiendo totalmente esta aplicación

Los problemas resueltos gracias a Google Sites han sido diversos pero sobretodo para el tema de desarrollo web

Google Sites review by Pablo H.
Pablo H.

"Muy buena para ver sitios antes de ir"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de esta aplicación es que si quieres ir a algún sitio que nunca hayas ido y quieras alguna información adicional, fotos de lugar o alguna duda casi siempre puedes verlo o hacer una pregunta y que otro usuario te responda rápido.

What do you dislike?

lo único que no me gusta es que algunos sitios no aparecen ya sea porque no es muy famoso el sitio o porque es muy nuevo

Me resuelve problemas como cuando quiero ir a algún sitio a cenar por ejemplo elegir un sitio por las opiniones o por fotos del sitio.

Google Sites review by Stacy R.
Stacy R.

"Helpful work tool"

What do you like best?

I like using this to create and share web pages. It is one of my favorite parts of g suite. It really makes great looking web pages. I like the multi tier permissions.

What do you dislike?

I like most parts of Google sites, even when it was jot spot. Although the 100 mb of storage is limiting.

It helps when making a web page and setting permissions for users.

Google Sites review by User

"Used Google Sites for a personal website- there are better platforms out there"

What do you like best?

I liked how I could use Google Sites to collaborate. I was able to share documents/etc. Since I use Google products frequently (Google docs, pictures, etc.), there was not a huge learning curve when learning how to use Google Sites.

What do you dislike?

I did not like Google Sites because although it was easy to use for collaborations, however it is not great to use Google sites for creating an online business, too bad because it is free. It is too simple of a website builder for business sites.

I have used Google Sites to create an online business. It is simple to create however I believe the site builder is too simple to make it appealing to use for business purposes. Anyways, it is a free website builder so I believe it makes it valid and useful.

Google Sites review by Consultant

"Fast and teliable"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to search any questions I have and normally I can get a answer from a reliable source. I also can get step by step instructions on anything if need be. I can download any pictures or clip art necessary for me to use for my project or assignment.

What do you dislike?

Some sources are not reliable of course and google does allow you to edit some forums. Which can in a way be bad if anyone has access to those things. I sometimes search for websites but there are a few that come up as ‘page not found’ or ‘page no longer exists ‘

Downloading instructions normally is the best because as a team we want them to be updated on a few things that can be useful

Google Sites review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Google"

What do you like best?

I love the user friendly atmosphere of google. You can find the most popular results when searching, google drive has saved my life with photos and videos. During school we used it a great deal to share documents and have hangouts for projects.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it will assume sometimes what I am trying to search, Sometimes I really have to go back and be intentional with what I am trying to find Viruses are rampant

I can find most work documents for telecom parts anywhere on google sites. Incredible for young employees

Google Sites review by ironmixer x.
ironmixer x.

"Google Drive is fine by me"

What do you like best?

I use google drive often at my work, I like how it is accessible from my smartphone.

What do you dislike?

When hitting the back button after searching for something it often takes me back to the main page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it

For the most part it is intuitive and easy to use, the benefits are that it doesn't require much training.

Google Sites review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Google Sites Review"

What do you like best?

I like how versatile all the Google sites are and I’m able to work and have my school documents all in one place without having to carry a USB (for Google Drive)

What do you dislike?

I would like Google to expand since it makes life easier. I would like them to add more sites that make school easier.

School-related

Google Sites review by Samara O.
Samara O.

"Make my presence known"

What do you like best?

What I like best about the application is the ease of use. You don't have to be a designer or very creative. I feel like I'm throwing paint at a canvas and producing masterpieces.

What do you dislike?

There are no issue that i can say that cause me concern. it is just like any other google application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for all users that are not graphic or coding savvy.

saving money

Google Sites review by Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.

"Google Sites Review"

What do you like best?

Google Sites is a free and easy way to create and share webpages.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. I really like the value that this delivers to both myself and my colleagues.

Plan club meetings and activities, Share info on a secure company intranet, collaborate on a team project, Stay connected with family members

Google Sites review by Ali M.
Ali M.

"Great product- Incredibly user friendly "

What do you like best?

Love the interface and the fact that everything is user friendly. I don’t need to spend hours teaching my team how to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more ways to organize my sites outside of bookmarks. Possibly color coding or different fonts would be great.

What am I not able to solve. Everything I need is all in one place. I can access hundreds of sheets and share them across multiple platforms. I can also access my files anywhere which is the best for me and my work schedule

Google Sites review by Tiffany G.
Tiffany G.

"excellent, easy to use."

What do you like best?

What I like most about the application is the ease of use, I also liked that I could have several pages within my site, Anyone can edit without having to understand the code.

What do you dislike?

It may be a bit confusing to set up your site at the beginning, but over time it became easier to navigate and edit things on my Google site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

excellent, I recommend it.

It is nice to have a website that is updated almost instantly and can be worked by multiple departments. Create a website within the company for employees to use.

Google Sites review by Krishan M.
Krishan M.

"Great product for simple websites for any reason!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity that Google Sites provides for creating any kind of website, no matter what service it is used for.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of features that Google Sites provides. I understand that it's free, but it should be more updated and useful for some features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get used to the lack of features, but appreciate what it gives you for free.

The benefits are a cheap and easy website that is good to look at. There is no coding experience required and it's great for that use.

Google Sites review by Corey L.
Corey L.

"So nice to be able to setup an event site for our company with ease!"

What do you like best?

Love that I can quickly make a website for our organization and make it live and integrate it into our main website!

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything besides not being able to customize with code but for us it is not necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need quick websites for events without know design or spending alot of money, I recommend Google Sites for those events!

We are able to create quick easy to navigate websites that allow our members to get information and register for events!

Google Sites review by User in Higher Education

"Google sites is helpful for basic website needs"

What do you like best?

I was impressed with how easy google sites was to get started, and to make something that looked halfway decent right away

What do you dislike?

I very much disliked the prevention of mapping for non-g suite users; one of the biggest reasons for having a website is for the URL to be simple and professional looking

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you don't need a dedicated, professional domain address, I'd highly recommend google sites.

Needing to create simple sites for collecting data; it's saved a ton of time and probably money

Google Sites review by Gerard G.
Gerard G.

"Gran herramienta de trabajo"

What do you like best?

Me encanta la posibilidad de agregar varias páginas al sitio y hacer que se enumeren en el lado izquierdo de la pantalla.

What do you dislike?

Creo que Google Sites es un poco difícil de personalizar, por ejemplo, puede actualizar fácilmente las tablas donde se enumera la información, y la fuente, etc., pero la página en sí misma es difícil de personalizar (gráficos, colores, etc. .)

Usamos Google Sites para almacenar información internamente. Es genial para nosotros tener un repositorio central de información entre oficinas en todo el país.

Google Sites review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"It's Come a Long Way Since 2015"

What do you like best?

It's an interesting platform to start learning and playing around with different aspects of web design. Also, I lean towards the design side of web building so I'm a big fan of WYSIWYG Editors and Google Sites seems to be implementing that very well, especially with their new drag and drop features

What do you dislike?

The design options were shockingly dated and limited. It seemed like it was a project Google had forgotten about, but now it has a more modern feel.

I was first introduced to this web design platform while I was in school. We used it to build a site over the course of a semester. I had an opportunity to learn about several aspects of web design and put them to use on Google Sites.

Google Sites review by User

"Fast, Accessible, Reliable. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can edit my documents anywhere, not just on my computer

What do you dislike?

I don't like all of the "options"....it could be simplified!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Google Sites to others. It is easy to navigate, easy to find, easy to access (computer, tablet, phone app). You can collaborate with other users by simply sharing the document/presentation with them! What's not to like?

I am solving problems in relation to the communications sector--Google Docs allows people from all over to work on a project.

Google Sites review by Ian S.
Ian S.

"Google continues to amaze with their user-friendly, intuitive sources.Takes just minutes!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Google always does an amazing job of guiding its users through their systems. I've create a beautiful website that receives numerous conversations in just 30 minutes.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I can say I dislike about Google Sites at this moment. I haven't looked into detailed website creation, nor do I have context, so there may be things down the road.

Google Sites allows for a beautiful website that can host shared documents for my company teams with ease.

"Google is the best."

What do you like best?

Google has the best connectivity between their sites and products, its massive and they have very good deals for everything they own.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a bit slow, but it's not that bad. The only other thing is that they still have security flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are quick, easy connect, fast connection from all devices

It's useful for using many different devices for the same projects and it works across many platforms (iOS, Android, etc) and very good for multitasking also

Google Sites review by Mohit A.
Mohit A.

"A brilliant website"

What do you like best?

Maps and Google plus have been a brilliant addition.

What do you dislike?

Chrome tends to crash from time-to-time. Also, I have been unable to remove a couple of extensions I downloaded from Extensions of google settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Google Chrome, when attached with google websites, gives great synchronicity and will help your work.

Being a lawyer, using google along with other search engines is an essentiality for me. It cuts time, gives me large resources, and ensures speedy redressal and improve written material.

Google Sites review by Krishna Y.
Krishna Y.

"Gsuite Internal Intranet for Organisation"

What do you like best?

Simple east to design

Simple to Implement

Easy to setup as external Website

Many basic features available for website creation

What do you dislike?

Pretty decent features are available which are easy as user & Admin

Recommendations to others considering the product

More features as expected which might soon come in Google hope for the best

Inside Organization we use as a Intranet and build sites as teams to collaborate & work simultaneous

Posts on Intranet made easy

Created Custom sites & merged with our parent site.

Google Sites review by J C.
J C.

"Great to Use"

What do you like best?

Great for multiple users to live edit. Easy to share documents, set permission levels, and use on-the-go as well as in the office.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about the Google Suite products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Cross company collaboration is made much easier.

Google Sites review by User in Education Management