Google Sites

Google Sites is a free and easy way to create and share webpages.

Work for Google Sites?
Duda 2x

Learning about Google Sites?

Google Sites Reviews

Ask Google Sites a Question
Showing 53 Google Sites reviews
Google Sites review by <span>Lashay W.</span>
Lashay W.

Easy access

What do you like best?

It is thanks to this software that we can easily demonstrate the work of our team, having access to all of our documents. Easy to use all working tools. The site is also great for personal use, especially if you want to publish an electronic resume or portfolio. The advantage of using the site in quality and ease of maintenance.

What do you dislike?

Sites are not extensive, and it's very difficult to create a professional looking site, it still looks like a site that was created not by a professional. The disadvantage, I would call the setting, which is slightly limited. For example, when you use a template for your portfolio, and make some changes, you can not completely get rid of the entire template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have a great opportunity to work in real time for collaborative editing. Also, you will have powerful access controls. For me there is another advantage that everything we work on, we can see and change in real time. Therefore, teamwork will be more convenient and productive.

We had a critical situation with the site, but thanks to this software we were able to create a new site in one day. This saved our work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Sites
Google Sites review by <span>Lawerence C.</span>
Lawerence C.

Quickly but very simply

What do you like best?

If you need to create a website, Google Sites is a reliable and easy-to-use service. You can create more than one page, or several, which allows you to make the site more professional. Google Sites are suitable for those who want to make a quick and easy website without unnecessary problems. When working with the site I like that it is updated quickly, and several employees can work on it.

What do you dislike?

The program is not suitable for those who make websites professionally. You will not have much choice of fonts, images, and themes. But for the internal work of the company, it will suit you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Sites is suitable for those who want to make website quick and easy, without unnecessary functions. Also, you can easily place your site on the Google platform, this will be useful for you. Service is easy and simple in its work, so if you make a website in the first, do not even doubt. You will succeed.

We use the service inside our development team, as an internal website.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Google Sites review by <span>Issac E.</span>
Issac E.

Wonderful software for the excellent job.

What do you like best?

With this software, we can make it an easy to exhibit our team's work, with simple access to all our content a drive folder, documents or collective calendar. Simple to understand all of the working tools which makes us be more creative.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how I can say bad about the program which I like. Thank God that all process is clear enough to understand and work better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really very good. You will have the ability that your multiple working teams can work at the same time. Plus all your change is saved automatically. You can directly keep all your work in one space with secure access from your phone, computer, or tablet. Defend your company’s information with security.

We can more cooperative and create high-quality sites for our working team, and event. We don't have any doubts that our sites look amazing on any screen, from desktop to smartphone. We are glad that we are working with this kind of tools.

Google Sites review by <span>Brigitte Y.</span>
Brigitte Y.

Create a Website Quick with Google Sites

What do you like best?

Google Sites is a great platform to use when you want to create a website quickly.

Corporate users will benefit from it because it’s a great resource for creating internal websites and for developing prototypes of a website. The sharing tools make it is to secure the privacy of the site. For example, Google Sites makes it easier to share the site or certain webpages with a few people people for review before distributing it to a whole group or staff within a department. In addition, it offers ample opportunities for people to provide comments. This comes in handy when you are seeking feedback about the content within the webpage or the whole web page itself.

The site is also great for personal use, especially when you want to post an electronic resume or a portfolio. The advantage of using the site as a portfolio of your work is its easy maintenance.

The site is fairly intuitive, but may leave some people scratching their heads from time to time as they figure out how place objects. I would say it’s a bit simpler when compared to using SharePoint; and, since I have used SharePoint which is more complex, I found Google site is easier to manage.

Google sites is mainly used in classroom settings. Teachers often use it to display lesson plans, and they encourage students to use it for certain educational projects.

A Google Sites perk is that you are able to track some activity on the site like the number of visitors by using Google Analytics, and that too is fairly simple to set up.

What do you dislike?

The downside I would say is that while it offers opportunities for customization. The customization is a bit limited. For instance, I used a template for my portfolio and made some changes. However, I wasn’t able to get rid of everything from the template, I still have part of the multicolored background visible when you scroll toward the bottom of the page and it contrast with the sleek look I was attempting. One important thing to know is that the space is limited to 100 MB. I am not sure if you can buy more, but since its associated with other Google products like Google Drive all you have to do is publish your Google Doc or Google Slides and share. This doesn’t work so much with PDFs, and PDFs have a tendency to take up space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You’re not limited to creating one site. So you can create a website for your book club, tv show fan club, or a blog site. Also, if you are just starting out with your business, this is a great place to develop your website and expand upon it later. I wished I knew about Google Sites earlier because I would have been able to save a lot of money by creating my business site here first and then once the traffic grew I could link it to a third

I would encourage people to try it, especially when you want to put together website fast.

I used the platform to create a portfolio of work samples. This took about a few days to put together since I had to dig to find the information, but once I found some work samples I was comfortable with posting, it was easy to display. I think that’s one of the advantages, it’s a great place to privately store examples of your work since you can restrict the access.

Google Sites review by <span>Meka J.</span>
Meka J.

User friendly but very limited.

What do you like best?

My company uses Google Sites to create an internal intranet where we upload and share files and other information. We have created a very complicated hierarchy of sites within it, and we can manage viewing and editing permissions across all of our users. It's a great way to share sensitive information over the web and save and share files. It's also very easy to integrate Google Sheets and Google Drive, etc.

What do you dislike?

Google Sites are pretty basic. They're functional, but a bit ugly. Not super sleek, but gets the job done. I dislike the fact that we sometimes have trouble with our user permissions working correctly. Hard to use/format tables within it, but I guess that's what Google Sheets is for...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect rich editing/formatting/layout options. Google Sites is very basic and works best as an information sharing platform, not a snazzy website creator.

File organization and sharing is great in Google Sites. It allows remote access to users in our company. It is easy to share permissions and fairly intuitive to learn. Lots of easy options to create ready-to-go pages of various purposes.

Google Sites review by <span>Horst B.</span>
Horst B.

Basic tool for website newcomer

What do you like best?

Quick and fast website building and also hosting. That is the main advantage of this tool. It works in the way it should work. No crashes or other bugs that i could find and even for newcomers an easy way to build a homepage.

What do you dislike?

You are simply limited with this tool. The low number of templates and designs is very negative. I think they released a new version of the builder but i havent tried it out yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can really not recommend it for anyone who has serious ambitions to build a professional website. But for people who just want a quick build webpage it is the right tool, also its free so you cant lose anything except your time.

We tried the website builder for small business information pages for potential customers. But in the end we decided to use our standard CMS system for such things. Now we manage our company football team with it and are giving out internal company news.

Learning about Google Sites?

* We monitor all Google Sites reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.