Google Slides

With Google Slides, everyone can work together in the same presentation at the same time. All of your changes are saved automatically.

Work for Google Slides?

Learning about Google Slides?

Google Slides Reviews

Ask Google Slides a Question
Showing 721 Google Slides reviews
Google Slides review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Google Slides is perfect for collaboration in a virtual environment!"

What do you like best?

As a virtual teacher, I often use Google Slides as a presentation which would be similar to PowerPoint. However, because of the ability to share the slides with my students, they are able to add notes at the bottom for any questions that they may have during the lesson, or also write ideas as the lesson is going live. The students can also work on a presentation together at one time, which was not possible for them because of working in their individual homes instead of face-to-face.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately if multiple students are working together at once, some of the information can be accidentally erased. However, Google Slides provides a way to get this information back based on the history, which is a great feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Google Slides when working in a virtual setting! While using Google Slides, the students are very engaged and enjoy working with each other, even while at home working independently.

The ability to share information and collaborate with colleagues when in a virtual environment was a problem that has been solved with the use of Google Slides. Also, by using Google Slides with students, it allows them to collaborate with their peers when they didn't have that ability prior. Students are much more engaged and excited by the added bonus of working with their peers!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Slides
Google Slides review by Waldo L.
Waldo L.

"Amazing useful tools."

What do you like best?

I would like to say that it is a great way to make and present professional packs, project performance education modules. With this software, I can create presentations direct in our web browser. I like it.

What do you dislike?

I like to work with a lot of type of different format and till now I don't have any bad issues. Actually, we don't have a big problem with all of the working materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That software will investigate ideas for operating together and running your company, shared by the client from anyplace. Make your business work well and to raise your work by display the slide presentation for the team which will be extraordinary and clear. Better to try it.

Much better to create the performance we can do faster and simple and then share with our colleagues. Also I can say that the topic is designed with a pastel color palette to transmit a perception of peace. Actually, we can work on all kind of presentation, about art, crafts, organic food and much more.

What Presentation solution do you use?

Google Slides review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Google Slides Review"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to use! Essentially, Slides is a web-based PowerPoint program with less functions than PowerPoint, which, in my opinion, makes it much easier to navigate and use. I love that it's web-based because as long as I have internet, I can access it. Slides is also collaborative, which I LOVE! It makes working with a group so easy.

What do you dislike?

There's not an option (that I've found) to lock a background image, which I often create for presentations that I want to have a specific branding or look to them. There's really not much to complain about with Slides though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on a team, Slides is a must! Collaboration and sharing is easier than using PowerPoint, and Slides is also more accessible and doesn't require you to purchase or download software. Be sure to explore online and find free, cool templates that you can use on your slides!

The collaborative nature of Slides is excellent for creating awesome presentations with my team. There's no file sharing needed because Slides is web-based. We can easily maintain branding standards with Slides as well.

Google Slides review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Simple to use especially for multiple collaborators"

What do you like best?

It's great to use as a collaboration tool for presentations. I've used it both as a student and professional. It's the best way for multiple users to contribute to a presentation. You don't to worry about document sharing or version control.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I download the google slides as a PPT it distorts some of the text or or images and changes the alignment. Now I know this, so I always double check my presentations when I download it to PPT. Another way around this is to download to PDF, but it doesn't work well if you have transitions and animations in your slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great presentation alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint because it controls sharing and version control when you have multiple collaborators or contributors. The presentation user experience looks like PPT and it is slightly more modern than PPT's themes. Another alternative is Prezi, which is another SaaS solution, but the complexity of your slide design is limited on Prezi.

Group/team collaboration for presentation creation.

Google Slides review by Domingo D.
Domingo D.

"Beautiful and professional presentations with Google Slides"

What do you like best?

The most useful part is that Google Slides has been having multiple people work on presentations at the same time. Excellent offline capability, I can edit slides even when I do not have access to the Internet. Excellent integration with other Google services. Good work of importing different formats. Also, you do not need to think about backups, all presentations are stored in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more standard templates. A simple interface, but it was difficult for me to switch after PowerPoint. It also has some problems with formatting after importing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is completely free and offers excellent functionality. Google Slides is great for teamwork. If you use Google account it will be simple and easy to start working in Google Slides. This service is wonderful! I definitely recommend trying it out.

Basically, we use it for teamwork on presentations. Our team has developed a single template design and now we easily make professional presentations and spend less time on them.

Google Slides review by Berenice G.
Berenice G.

"Google Slides is an innovative tool to create presentations."

What do you like best?

Google Slides is one of the Google Office tools in Google Drive that allows me to create and edit presentations in an easy and practical way. By being online, my files are kept updated and saved as I change them. As G. Docs facilitates online collaboration with my colleagues and allows me to make corrections in their presentations to my students before making their presentation. Everything is done from the cloud so you can access the presentations from anywhere and equipment.

What do you dislike?

Google Slides does not have as many animations or themes as other tools with the same purpose (keynote and powerpoint), besides it can not incorporate audios and the types of files that can be exported are limited; however, in general, it represents a good tool to create and edit presentations for free through a Gmail account. This also depends on an Internet connection for your use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has help files incorporated, although not as complete as in others, however, I could find a more complete help when searching the Internet which allowed me to take advantage of all the tools it offers, such as the incorporation of videos directly from YouTube.

Being an online tool allows me to interact with the rest of my colleagues and students making the necessary modifications to the different work groups without needing to be in the same space

Google Slides review by Josliz D.
Josliz D.

"Google Slides is a powerful tool for creating slides. "

What do you like best?

This tool called Google Slides is one of the wide variety of applications that Google has developed in recent times as part of the work tools. I must say that it has been a pleasant experience to work with this software since it has traditional features of similar applications but with the functionality and novelty of Google.

This software has the basic functions to make a slide as schemes and animations, it also has a lot of animated effects, as well as different text sources, to which you can add graphic material such as videos, images and audios. Resulting in excellent slides.

I like that Google Slides offers this product at low cost that allows free access for users of the Google platform.

I also like that with Google Slides I can use files created in PowerPoint and be able to edit them with this software, and all the work done with Google Slides is automatically saved in the cloud and is available from any device just by connecting to the network.

What do you dislike?

I really like this software, but I think they should add more templates to make slides and improve a little the option to play the animations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software, you should know it well to take full advantage of the variety of functions you have to make slides.

With Google Slides I can make a presentation quickly, and if I'm in a conference I can project the slides in a non-factory format, another area that Google Slides has is that it does not need an additional storage device since everything is saved in the slides. clouds.

Google Slides review by Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

"Google Slides is a very useful tool to make presentations with slides. "

What do you like best?

Google Slides is part of the wide variety of applications that Google has developed as work tools. The experience with this software has been very good because it combines the traditional of similar applications with the novelty of Google.

Within the traditional are the basic functions to make a slide as are the schemes and animations. Google Slides has a large number of text sources, as well as numerous animations, which also allow you to add graphic material such as videos, images and audios. which makes the idea of ​​what you want to do in the diaposotiva to be done in the easiest way.

Google Slides offers this product at a low cost that allows free access for users of the Google platform.

among other things, I like that with Google Slides I can use PowerPoint and press presentations, besides that all the work done with Google Slides is automatically saved and is available from any device.

What do you dislike?

In general it is a great software but I would like that for the computers it could be used without need of connection to Internet, of the rest Google Slides goes with a great projection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to take full advantage of the variety of templates for the slides, and most importantly, it does not matter what format the presentation file is in for editing.

With Google Slides I can make a presentation quickly, in addition to being able to use all the graphic material that I have in my device and that I can attach automatically.

presentations made with Google Slides, can be projected wirelessly.

Google Slides review by McKinley M.
McKinley M.

"Easy to use and share with coworkers"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use Google Slides as well as how I am able to really easily share my slides with my coworkers and we can all edit the same project at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a few more features that I have found in something like Microsoft Word, such as the ability to do basic cropping and editing of pictures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is really great when creating a presentation that multiple people need to be editing, just make sure that when you share the file you change the setting so that they can not only view the document (which is the default) but that they can edit as well.

It has made it really easy to all be working on the same document and share ideas with each other. We use it a lot to make slides for the companies in our building and it has made it really easy to share with them as well.

Google Slides review by Mikayla T.
Mikayla T.

"One of the best slideshow softwares out there."

What do you like best?

Google truly has outdone itself with Google Slides. This software makes it incredibly easy to create and share slideshows with others. It's easy to personalize and import themes to create your vision of a perfect slideshow. I appreciate how easy and simple it is to include visuals, be it through connecting directly through Google Images or uploading your own personal image. It's a great tool for beginners.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how challenging it can be to include video. Occasionally I've run into issues importing a video into my slideshow, or discovering after I finish the slideshow that a permission needs to be granted before other users can watch the video in the slideshow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Google Slides over other slideshow software. The ease of sharing your slideshows makes it worth it in itself.

I create slideshows using Google Slides to train other employees, and create reflections on lesson plans that I've implemented. I'm a new assistant teacher, so this has been a great tool to improve my professionalism and communicate my thoughts with others.

Google Slides review by Gina C.
Gina C.

"Google Slides is Better Than Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

I really love Google Slides and all the Google software. My life has become so much easier since they have been designed and implemented. I am an Outreach Coordinator at my job. So, using Google Slides is a great way to put a presentation together for my incorporation. Google Slides also allows me to have all the same effects and typography that Powerpoint has. Another thing that I love about Google Slides is that it is free! I absolutely love that there is a great software like this, that makes my job so much easier and is free! I couldn't ask for more. It is great how I can share, edit and leave notes on my colleagues Slides and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things that I dislike about Google Slides. I can think of maybe two or three things though. One thing is the fact that you need to be connected to the internet to use Google Slides. I know most places in the world do have wi-fi or some form of internet connection, however, if I have a low internet connection, using Google Slides can be very annoying. PowerPoint didn't need an internet connection which was great. Another thing that I can kind of complain about Google Slides is that it is not as advanced as Powerpoint. I guess it might be like that because it is a free software, whereas PowerPoint is a software that you must pay for or buy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is great. If you are looking for a great way to keep track of notes or to show presentations, Google Slides is the best option in my opinion. The best part about it, is that it is FREE!

Instead of walking into a networking meeting with folders and handouts and a bunch of bags, I walk in with just my laptop. Then, I just log into my Google Account and right there I can pull up all my presentations and the information I need for the meeting or event.

Google Slides review by Mary R.
Mary R.

"Convenient, Collaborative and Classy"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to collaborate with coworkers and peers to work on one slide show, each of us adding our own expertise. As an educator, it also allows me to easily share resources with other trainers and teachers to ensure easy facilitation. I recommend Google Slides to my students for these same reasons, and its general easy-to-use platform and interface.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing not to love! Google Slides is convenient, collaborative and classy. There are many formats to utilize on Google Slides, but I suppose they could revamp and add to them occasionally for regular users.

Google Slides allows various team members to log in and do their parts from across the room or across the country! Unlike other presentation softwares, Google Slides allows us to see what has been added or changed since the last log in, as we work towards a common goal.

Google Slides review by Surajit C.
Surajit C.

"A good Presentations Tool"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and relatively faster . I don't have to worry about size of my file in Google Slides . The changes in the file is saved automatically . No need to install any software . Collaborating part of google slides is really enjoyable . As it is totally free so anyone can use it . It has a very user friendly interface . It does not take any extra storage space in my computer as it is cloud based . You can log into your google account in any computer and access your google slides project which i personally like most .

What do you dislike?

The application is usually simple and very little, especially if there is a picture . It has less number of templates for creating slides . For a slow a internet connection it is hard to use . The technical support is not so good .

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it is free so you can use it and it has a very user friendly interface . If you have a proper internet connection then you can access it in any device like mobile , tablet , laptop .

As it is cloud based so no need to install any other software . also you can use it from your laptop , mobile , computer , tab . Multiple person can work together on a same project .

Google Slides review by Kolson S.
Kolson S.

"Great For Everyone!"

What do you like best?

I love the cloud service, the fact that I can access it anywhere as long as I have an internet connection. I use it primarily for school but the business aspects are unmatched. It's free, unlike Microsoft Powerpoint, it's all cloud based so I can access it anywhere, and it's easy to read and operate, but still in depth. Oh and I love that it can be used with multiple people contributing.

What do you dislike?

The storage capacity could use some work, loading times are always a bit off or sometimes the slides lag. There's a bit of mystery to it if you've never used any Google suite applications like google docs, etc... It's not as customizable as you would hope, and if you don't have internet access, and you didn't save it to your computer, you won't be able to access it. And of course it's a web application so there's a few bugs as a given.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's plenty of other presentation applications, but this one is free, and easy to use. Test out other ones of course and see which ones match your company the best, but overall this is the best tool I've ever used. Take tutorials, Google questions, even ask for support if you need it!

I love how it's in the cloud and that anyone can use it as long as they have internet, and the fact you can collaborate. It's easily managed and even gives you live updates if anyone changes anything while you're logged in. It's great for group projects and it's much simpler, faster, and way more worth it for the price (in fact it's free) than any other presentation tool on the market right now. All while still being secure.

Google Slides review by Claire (Cyle) C.
Claire (Cyle) C.

"Easy To Access and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can access this remotely, and it's very easy to create presentations for work and school. I can share the slides with my colleagues when we're discussing software updates with the team, but I can use my same account for class projects. The ability to access it from tablets and any computer is great because I can make changes from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little hard to control/learn when you're first starting out. I started using a lot of Google Drive products and had a lot of PowerPoint Presentations I made when I was in middle/high school so it was easy for me to adjust and use them at work as well. I have coworkers who find it hard to use since they aren't as familiar with the way it's designed. I also wish I could personalize it a little bit more? There's a few features I don't use very often and I wish I could just hide them in a different section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use if you're familiar with PowerPoint, the remote access is extremely useful so you can make changes form anywhere.

It's quick and easy for me to create and then share with colleagues. Any team updates or information for the floor is easy to put into slides and share with multiple teams. I can create different teams and share the slides with supervisors beforehand so I can see their insights before posting it to the floor.

Google Slides review by Sune W.
Sune W.

"Free, easy to setup."

What do you like best?

I like that Google slide is free to use and it is a web based solution. Thus ,it does not require me to purchase or meet certain hardware standards ,or install any software to use. The only requirement I need to be able to use Google slide is a valid gmail account and access to a good internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Importing documentations I had created in Powerpoint before , into Google slide in most cases leads to me loosing the formatting of such documents and thus I have to almost redesign the documents all over again on Google slide.

Personally, Google Slide makes it possible for me to create presentations on the go ,provided I have got internet on my device. Business wise, it has eliminated the need for everyone to be in the same location ,to work together on presentations. These days ,we can be scattered around different locations and still get to create ,edit or modify presentations.

Google Slides review by Karla M. V.
Karla M. V.

"Review of Google Slides"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Google Slides is how easily collaborative it is. Also, the application is very easy to use and having it saved on the cloud is convenient. I also like all of the options included within Google Slides, especially in terms of design and making your slides pop with color, pictures, or transitions.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if it were more accurate to download as a PPT file without ruining the design and layout. Another issue with Google Slides is that sometimes it is limited in terms of what design a slide can have. It could be a bit easier to integrate images and videos to presentations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Slides always. It is easy to use, it has a simple and intuitive interface, it includes a variety of options and designs to make your slides really pop, and all changes are recorded on the cloud.

I have used Google Slides for collaboration on group projects in college. Also, I have used this application to collaborate with teams on my internships, as well as to share the slides for comments and corrections by peers. The benefits are those: Google Slides is extremely easy to use and it is easy to collaborate with others on a single file. Also, peer reviewing is a breeze with Google Slides.

Google Slides review by Lilian W.
Lilian W.

"Wonderful slides and effective presentation."

What do you like best?

I can introduce new and more interesting an ideas to the audience. I like that I have a big choice of many themes, fonts, animation methods and much more. A better way of creating and editing. Faster and easy to view all our presentations from any electronic device.

What do you dislike?

Really till now, I don't have big problems which can make a problem to all my presentation. Also, I will add that it is great that all slides have good quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software will give you the greatest presentation for your audience. You will have the chance to increase your work by showing the slide presentation for the group which will be amazing and understandable. I recommend this solution to you.

As for us, we know that it is a very helpful solution for colleagues and always great for conference or meeting. It is wonderful to display slides on any screens. Super easy access from any devices as a phone or tablet.

Google Slides review by Nayan S.
Nayan S.

"Online presentations for free"

What do you like best?

With Google Slides, you can create an easy-to-manage presentation quality in a collaborative environment. It's just a good tool to work without obvious mistakes for day-to-day co-operation. It is easier for other colleagues and students to access the presentations at the same time, without having to worry about sending the document by e-mail.

What do you dislike?

Importing documents that we created in PowerPoint into Google Slide will in most cases cause the format of these documents to be lost, so it almost draws the documents in the Google slide

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slide is an excellent option for your business, as it is an online offer you can use anytime and anywhere.

I use Google Slides to create online presentations. Sharing presentations is a big issue that can be solved with Google Slides. This helps us present information in a simple and visually appealing way. Simplicity to the best.

Google Slides review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"Useful for presentations and work"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of this program. It is quite simple to use with the drive. I often work with different people in groups and we are able to collaborate with different slides and share ideas. The notes feature is really nice and people are able to leave comments with one another. The fonts and templates are nice also.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that the templates are the nicest and I wish that there was more options to use as templates. I wish that the text box feature was better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that people use this. It is free and easy and people can collaborate with one another to get all sorts of ideas. I think that this is a great option for people giving public presentations, or simply creating different options.

We give quite a few presentations to large groups of people. Our headquarters sends out shared slides to everybody and when we go and speak about information at different public events, we use slides.

Google Slides review by Faris E.
Faris E.

"Google Slides is Simple, yet Effective"

What do you like best?

Like Google Docs, Google Slides allows for collaboration on the same presentation, complete with a chat room, notes, and color coordination to let users know who is working on what section. In addition to all of this, like Google Docs or Google Sheets, Google Slides is on a cloud, saves your work automatically, and is completely free.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Google Slides. If anything, it is the lack of customization and creativity compared to Microsoft PowerPoint. However, there is enough in the software to make a presentation look pleasant, so this is not a major drawback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is a powerhouse, when it comes to cloud-based presentation software. Not only that, but it can create some really nice-looking presentations! Give it a try, and utilize the simplicity of Google Slides to create fresh, appealing presentations.

Google Slides allows a group to collectively work on a presentation, and forge their separate ideas into one cohesive one. This enables a smoother presentation, and more consistency throughout, to allow the audience to have a better experience when interacting with the presentation.

Google Slides review by Terri D.
Terri D.

"Great presentation tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Slides is that it is quite easy to include videos. They link much easier and play with much less lag time. It is nice to be able to stay within an application to play a video instead of having to minimize and open YouTube or some other video platform.

What do you dislike?

I might be missing something, but I would like it to be easier to work offline and then upload,like you can with Google Docs. Also, there is a copy, cut and paste options in the right click function, but when you use it, you get a pop-up that says to use the CTRL-C, -V, and -P functions instead. Seems redundant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any other presentation program, have your information prepared, especially pictures, videos, etc. This will make it much easier to produce your presentation in a timely manner.

The biggest thing this has helped with is presentations in staff meetings. We often do not have much time to prepare for a presentation, so the ease of creating a Slides presentation makes this a great tool. It is easy to create Slides presentations quickly because you can insert charts, pictures, and videos, and copy/paste from other documents with ease.

Google Slides review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"Collaborative, easy, beautiful & cloud-based"

What do you like best?

Google Slides is PowerPoint Lite. It is all cloud-based so you never have to carry around a USB memory stick ever again or worry about compatibility. It is easy to use, intuitive, and accessible from any device. I love being able to work on my Google Slides presentations (which I use almost every day as a teacher) from anywhere! All I need to work is internet access and a device. I can even edit them from my phone if I need to! Possibly the best part about Google Slides, and the reason I require my students to use it when working on group presentation is the sharing and collaboration functions. Just like with all of the other apps on the Google Suite, Google Slides let you share your presentation with anyone, letting you manage the permissions for each user. When I want students to collaborate on a presentation that I've made, I will make it editable. When I need to collaborate with another teacher but let students View Only, I can! Also embedding videos and pictures is super easy!

What do you dislike?

There are far less features than PowerPoint or Keynote, so switching from one to another can be a little tricky at first if you are used to using all of the different functions. However, the benefits far outweigh the inconvenience. Google Slides has everything I need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a collaborative presentation software that can be accessed, edited, and presented from anywhere, use Google Slides!

Collaboration, cloud-based work makes me incredibly mobile!

Google Slides review by Shubham B.
Shubham B.

"An easy , fully cloud based presentation Software"

What do you like best?

I am using G-Suite in my organisation , it is very handy to use Google Slides which is an important component of G-Suite. The most important reason why I use Google slide is because it is free to use. Second reason ,will be because it is web-based ,this way ;eliminating the need for software installations and setup. I really like how easy this program is to use. I

What do you dislike?

Although Google Slides is so easy to use , It's missing some features and capabilities with Microsoft Powerpoint has. Offline working is somehow difficult , I can download a Chrome add-on for this feature, but it does not work nearly as good as the online version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have online presentation sotware . It is so easy , flexible , sharable. If you have any trouble navigating or finding tools, Google always has detailed answers. I use it both at home and for work and the applications are far reaching.

Team collaboration is so easy using Google Slides. I love how it's in the cloud and that anyone can use it as long as they have internet, and the fact you can collaborate.

Google Slides review by Mohd Anas K.
Mohd Anas K.

"One of the best presentation editors is here."

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Google Slides is its compatibility with the user. Importing/Exporting any pdf, powerpoint, graphics, text is very easy. You can easily and quickly upload your work on the internet, also the other best thing about Google Slides is its cloud support. It is supported by cloud which means multiple user can access and share at the same time, which makes team projects easier and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Some features I don’t like in Google Slides like its interface and UI tools. You have a very limited themes to adjust colours. It also has a very limited number of animation, translation and music tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As many of us know, how boring Business meeting and conferences are, Google Slides keeps audience engaged with its unique features like its unique theme, video support. For a beginner, it is highly simplified tool to use.

Since it’s a Google product, it solves many real world business problems, like managing multiples by accessing document from different location at the same time business projects at the same time, which gives you effective use of manpower.

Google Slides review by David S.
David S.

"Using Google Slides Online prensation preperation , easy collaboration "

What do you like best?

Google Slides is an important part of G-Suite . Our organisation is usin g G-Suite and I am loving this.

It has allowed me to develop graphically pleasing Client presentations. It has also made collaborating with others much easier. I like how intuitive is the interface, the available options are mostly easy to use, being able to edit with others in real times is a real time saver.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is bad about this software but few things ceertainly can be improved. The slide designs are not that appealing but nothing worth really complaining about either. I would like it if the import feature could support a few more file formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must try Google Product , Great for collaborations, not as advanced as other platforms such as the Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint, however, still hold the basic features required for presentation.

I am using Google Slides to create presentations online. Shareability with presentations is a huge problem that google slides helps solve. It helps us present information in a easy and visually pleasing way. Simplicity at best.

Google Slides review by Gavin H.
Gavin H.

"A collaboration rich presentation software"

What do you like best?

Google Slides helps you to create quality and easy-to-manage presentations in a collaborative environment. It is just a good working tool without noticeable errors for the daily collaboration work. It easier for all colleagues and students to simultaneously access presentations, without having to worry about the process of emailing the document .

What do you dislike?

There's a limited amount of templates available.

Form Customization is so basic.

Advanced automation rules can be created here.

Keyboard shortcuts we have used to from using Microsoft powerpoint over the years does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have Google Product , if you are already using G-Suite. A free presentation software with nice features, it comes to a tool with somewhat basic features and can easily be shared and edited, then this is one of your best options.

Yeah, It helped me and my co-workers to make the work more agile and to make more quickly the presentations that we had to complete. In a real-time , I can see changes he has made and can put in comments if I think something should be tweaked or not.

Google Slides review by Abhinav T.
Abhinav T.

"Amazing better than Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

Google Slides have a very long variety of collaboration tools. It if almost free but some features are paid but the price very less around 5-25 dollars. It is online based which is very good in terms of designing ppt. Tight integration with google products which is also a plus point. Real-time co-authoring....It is simple, fast and elegant.. It runs very smoothly on both Web based, Android and ios or it is also available for windows. It also offer hhundreds of themes and fonts for best editing... It also support chromecast and airplay to play ur ppt anytime anywhere.. You can use it in place of Power Point because it is cool....

What do you dislike?

Somtimes has problems translating complex Excel files...Lacks many of Microsoft Office's advanced features... You can't edit it offline which is a great disadvantage... It's extensive formatting optionss is also a minus point of this amazing product.. Otherthing is good but some of the mentioned problems are need to take care by GOOGLE....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google slide is a good option for ur business because it is offered online and can be used anytime anywhere..

It resolves my many business problem like i created a ppt and forgot to take with me so i can easily access that ppt online if i uses google slide. So this is goood for people who have habit to forget things home or anywhere like i do normally.. It can give u more elegant features so use it guys

Google Slides review by Layla B.
Layla B.

"Create your presentations with Google slides "

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use program and very similar to powerpoint, with which we can create slideshows and save them in the cloud, it is an aspect that I love. Google slides has many functions and tools that help me to create more professional presentations, besides that it is free and very accessible to work.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that bothers me about Google slides is very easy to use and it helps me a lot in my work, that is, it is a very complete software and without many complications when using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is a software that is worth trying because it will help you to create slideshows of quality and the best that you will not be very difficult to learn to use. Plus it's free so it won't cost you anything to prove it.

With Google slides you can create presentations from anywhere, share and edit as a team.

It is very useful in my work because it has helped me to create slides with information I want to present and Google slides helps me to show a quality information and to expose what I want to highlight, in order to reach solutions in the company. In addition to that we can create the presentations very fast because it does not have many complications to use Google slides and therefore saves us a lot of time.

Google Slides review by Vishal G.
Vishal G.

"A good alternative to MS Powerpoint not quite as powerful"

What do you like best?

- Cloud based application, comes with GSuite, no worries about installing a software, the entire system going slow because MS Powerpoint is hogging all the memory and definitely no hearburn when it's too expensive to upgrade and get all the cool features every other year or so

- Collaborative - you can work with multiple people on the same deck at the same time, create comments and tag people, assign action items to other people

What do you dislike?

- The application can be sluggish for bigger slide decks especially if there's images, slides load very slowly and it all feels very cumbersome

- Google slides application is not as feature rich as MS Powerpoint. For example, you can modify image or shapes in a thousand ways in MS but in Google Slides you can only add shadows!

Need to collaborate

Everything Cloud

Lack of dependence on software

Google Slides review by Vishal G.
Vishal G.

"A good alternative to MS Powerpoint not quite as powerful"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are heavy into graphics and design please know that there's not that many features available

Need to collaborate

Everything Cloud

Lack of dependence on software

Google Slides review by Ingrid K.
Ingrid K.

"Cloudsaving and collaboration for presentations "

What do you like best?

It is easy to start with if you already have a Google account. Also: It is free to use, and you can learn to work with it very fast. It is just a good working tool without noticeable errors for the daily collaboration work.

What do you dislike?

It only works in the browser because it has no application for a desktop pc. I wish I could work with this tool offline, for example, if I am on the train to work. And some other features are limited. Like the missing feature to import audio data in your presentation. And overall the features for design are not offering the same variety like for example you have with Powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don’t want to spend a lot of money for the offered features, then use this tool with your Google account.

It is used for team presentations by us. With the tool, everybody possesses the newest update of the slides and can even change them. The changes are visible in an instant for the other team members. It even offers nice commendation features.

Google Slides review by Susanna Y.
Susanna Y.

"Like PowerPoint But Better"

What do you like best?

I like the sharing aspect and cloud storage. I HATE having my computer bogged down by a ton of files. Most of Googles product in general make my life much easier. No more lugging my computer around to other places to present a short training. (Well, let's be honest, I still take mine. It is easier for me to manage.) . But, if I forgot my computer, no problem! Give me a computer and internet and I am ready to go!

What do you dislike?

Nothing: it suits all of my needs and is easy for my students to use in the classroom as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are expecting staff to use this, be sure they are adequately trained and have buy in to the benefits. Some people are stuck in PowerPoint. If they desire to complete their presentations in PowerPoint, you can, for the most part, just upload that to your Google Drive and still open it via Google Slides. I have noticed only a few times where there was an issue with sounds I had added to my presentation not working properly. There is probably some trick to that, but it wasn't important enough for me to search for the solution.

The cloud sharing is superb. You can work on the same presentation as your co-workers if you needed to work in remote locations. You can do basically anything that PowerPoint can do. There are templates that are easy to follow or you can create your own from scratch.

Google Slides review by James S.
James S.

"A true cloud based PowerPoint Alternative "

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use, especially if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint. The best thing that Google Slides has, is the possibility of working online and doing collaborative work. it can easily be shared and hosted online, there is a good amount of features and adding other type of media like videos is easier than other tools.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if the import feature could support a few more file formats. Once you get used to powerpoint, it was a bit harder to switch over to slides and get used to how to do small things like cut/paste, add images, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not using google slides, you are definitely missing out on a lot. It is a must have online presentation software.I would definitely recommend trying it out as a replacement for PowerPoint or Keynote.

Google Slides helps answer collaboration questions without being forced to have a meeting. The most useful part of Google Slides has been having multiple people work on presentations at the same time but from different computers or different locations.

Google Slides review by Diana G.
Diana G.

"Great for portable student and professional presentations"

What do you like best?

I love that it is cloud-based and easily sharable. You don't have to worry about file size or using USB drives to give a presentation anywhere--the only thing you need is internet access. I like how you can use included templates and file layouts to make it a good substitution for Microsoft PowerPoint.

What do you dislike?

Some included templates are not very "snazzy." You have to search for and download additional designs, which can be inconvenient if you don't like the provided templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are useful templates for making other items like posters or brochures, not just presentations.

This helps my students use the notes function so that they can have Google slides pulled up on their phone and (using Chromecast) can project it on a classroom TV or Smartboard while looking at their own slide notes on their phone. It gives students control over timing and since they can read off their phone instead of turning around and trying to read of slides or notecards, it makes for a more seamless and audience-connected presentation.

Google Slides review by Becca G.
Becca G.

"Great Powerpoint alternative, best way to collaboratively develop slides for a group project"

What do you like best?

The ability to access my slides from anywhere, develop and edit the slides collaboratively for school and work group projects, and ability to share the slides via a link and control level of access. I frequently share slides links with View Only access to workshop attendees, for example. It's much easier than attaching a ppt file, which may be too large an attachment for many email programs.

What do you dislike?

The animations programming is not very user-friendly and the template background options are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can upload an existing ppt file and convert to Slides to edit and share the file.

For group work, I highly recommend sharing through individual Gmail addresses rather than just through a link. With individual Gmail sign-ins, it is possible to check who contributed or edited what in the work by looking over the version history.

I frequently share slides links with View Only access to workshop attendees. It's much easier than attaching a ppt file, which may be too large an attachment for many email programs.

I access my Slides from any computer with an internet connection rather than having to have a flash drive with me or deal with unwieldy One Drive versions of ppt files.

Google Slides review by Phuong L.
Phuong L.

"I use Google Slide during my Ph.D program and for teaching General Biology "

What do you like best?

I like google slide because i can edit my file anwhere and with any computer with internet access. At the same time, the Google Slide is very similar with Microsoft Powerpoint that I have in my computer. I also do not have to worry that my file getting too big and too heavy and there is potential that the file will crash. Google slide also automatically backup my file for me so I do not have to click save every 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Even though Google slide interface is very similar to Microsoft powerpoint. However, Google slide is not as nice as powerpoint. There are many functions that were not available with Google Drive, and the editing on Google Slide take a long time. Google slide interface is not as user-friendly as Powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for students

I am using Google Slide to set up lesson plan for General Biology class, additionally, I am using Google Drive to complete my presentations.

Google Slides review by Kelsey A.
Kelsey A.

"Very Similar to Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use, especially if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint. Like all Google Drive documents, it is very convenient that you collaborate with colleagues or classmates on projects without having to always transfer updated documents between one another. The fact that Google Drive auto saves is AMAZING.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike to this program. The only downside I guess I could note is it is very similar to Powerpoint, so many people will not want to use this over that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is incredibly easy to use, especially if you know and operate Microsoft Powerpoint. Great for use in office situations where presentations are worked on by many individuals at once. Real time editing is great and the auto save function is always a useful resource.

It is easy to transfer documents between coworkers. This has been especially helpful for staff meetings when I need to update slides for everyone, but my computer is not used to present the slides. This way I am not worried about the email not getting there in time.

Google Slides review by Jorge D.
Jorge D.

"Google Slides From the cloud"

What do you like best?

Great way to create slides everywhere, Friendly Interface, a lot of templates, fonts, designs.

It´s possible to export slides as .ppt and open them in Power Point or different formats

All changes will be saved inmediately

It´s not necessary to install any software

It´s possible to convert slides to Power Point

Compatible with Chromecast Hangouts and Airplay

Edits are tracked by user with a revision history presenting changes.

You can regulate what users can do by managing permissions.

Updates are applied automatically.

The user interface is very simple which is useful if you are accesing from low-speed connections.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when my internet connection is slow, it´s very difficult to work on it.

They need to consider to add more templates for slides

They should increase the storage capacity

The Technical Support could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to access it from everywhere

You can export and save files in different formats

You can share files with your colleagues and all changes will be saved in real-time

We use it in my company and we can share slides in order to work together.

We can open them easily from our mobile phones or tablets

I don´t need to install any software because it´s cloud-hosted

We can open the slides in Power point easily

You can download the app for Android or IOS and synchronize the files, which has helped our co-workers to access files from the airport, hotel or while they´re travelling.

Google Slides review by Zane P.
Zane P.

"We can create more effective work together."

What do you like best?

I guess that I have a chance to present fresh ideas to the audience. I have the opportunity to use are many themes or embedded videos, animation, and other methods. Believe me, guys all of this wonderful tools are free.

What do you dislike?

I don't have so much bad issue with this product but I can say that it is work little bit slower. That's all that needs to be updated. Actually, the program gives a lot of for presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually, it is wonderful software which makes a great presentation for you and for all company. You will have the ability to make a slide presentation for an audience which will be very effective. Definitely, I recommend it to all.

We are working with a comfortable translation which is really nice. We also have the great ability to show slides on any kind of screens. It is wonderful to use all of this with no wires. We like that software Google Slides can support Chromecast and AirPlay. We have very good experience to use it.

Google Slides review by Deborah W.
Deborah W.

"Best online collaborative presentation"

What do you like best?

Collaborative presentations, really great for group project, also, can see the progress of the presentation. I truly enjoy the collaborative part of the Google Slides. It allows you to work with people from multiple locations. This application is making it easier for all colleagues and students to simultaneously access presentations, without having to worry about the process of emailing the document .

What do you dislike?

Althgouh simplicity is at best , There's a limited amount of templates available, so of course, that can always be a source for limiting possibilities.Also some keyboard shortcuts we are used to from using powerpoint over the years does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work remote, on the go or from an office I would recommend that google slides is the best cloud based option to go with. This comes almost free with G-Suite subscription . It is just one click away from your Gmail interface.

We are using slides to present at conferences. It's a quick and easy solution to get ideas down and a good way to create and share simple presentations .

Google Slides review by Patricio B.
Patricio B.

"And incredible tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing that Google Slides has, is the possibility of working online and doing collaborative work. In my day to day, I usually create presentations and share them with my peers, who, not only can make comments, but also changes, which improves our workflow, since it optimizes our time.

Finally, I must add the ability to use all web sources of GoogleWebFonts, is very used by me, since it allows me to improve the overall design of the presentation. On several occasions, I have been praised for the use of different types of sources as it helps me to bring good presentation design to my peers.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it looks too much like MS PowerPint. Which limits this tool a bit.

another thing that I do not like very much is that you can not import or edit files in SVG format. It's amazing that Google Slides does not have support for SVG. I think it's an urgent feature, because many designers are currently using programs in that format (Vectr, Figma, Sketch etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend use the comments tool because they are very useful when requesting feedback. I also recommend the use of real-time editing, since it can greatly help the workflow of a team that has to make a presentation.

Solved the problem of slow delivery of presentations.

It helped me and my co-workers to make the work more agile and to make more quickly the presentations that we had to show to the members of the board of directors of my company.

Google Slides review by Celia H.
Celia H.

"Intuitive and FREE alternative to PPT"

What do you like best?

Like other Google Apps this is free, automatically syncs across devices and saves on its own - all a win-win for me.

What do you dislike?

There are some formatting errors that can occur when sharing but they are usually minor and easily solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you prefer to use Google Products or you need to have something that syncs across your devices that is free to use as opposed to the Microsoft 365 Suite then I would highly recommend trying this out. It takes a little getting used to if you are coming from Microsoft PPT but it is ultimately very intuitive and useful.

I use Google Slides for nearly all of my staff meetings, because I can share it with my coworker who helps me lead the meeting we can work jointly on this even if we are not working on it together. I can see changes he has made and can put in comments if I think something should be tweaked or not.

Google Slides review by Alicia T.
Alicia T.

"Students love Google Slides"

What do you like best?

As with all Google products, I love the autosave and ease of access of Google Slides. I also like the variety of options to customize each slideshow. I often have students create vocabulary slideshows that include the word, its definition, a sentence using the word, and a picture to match. Students enjoy completing this assignment on Google Slides vs traditional paper/pencil work.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I have found is with searching images. If you use the insert image and search feature within Google slides, rather than searching images from a new Google search engine tab, you must have some decent searching skills or results will not appear. I often have to tell students to NOT type in the word they are wanting an image to match, but rather type in something that word makes them imagine. Instead of "fastidious," students might type in "picky eater," as an example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The load time is faster than with Microsoft PowerPoint, and the slides can always be saved as a PDF or other compatible file type. Be careful, however, if you are creating a slide to upload to Blackboard. Blackboard is picky and prefers Microsoft products.

When students are creating slideshows, they are engaged. Student engagement is always an educator's goal because the only way students are learning is if they are engaged.

Google Slides review by Shawn L.
Shawn L.

"Presentations made easier on the cloud"

What do you like best?

It is a quick method to create slides regardless of working in a team or alone, the integration with Google tools means it can easily be shared and hosted online, there is a good amount of features and adding other type of media like videos is easier than other tools.

What do you dislike?

It is slower than the other Google tools including a auto-save feature that works less often, working with images can be a small hassle and formatting options are a little harder to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is free and has nice features including team editing. When it comes to a tool with somewhat basic features and can easily be shared and edited, then this is one of your best options.

I have been using Google Slides for making presentations to share between coworkers and clients. Since finished documents are easy to share online, it makes it useful mostly considering the compatibility for different devices.

Google Slides review by Horst B.
Horst B.

"Teamwork for presentations easy done"

What do you like best?

The fast and easy approach to work together in teams on different slides. Cloudsaving is also a nice feature added when using this tool and the instant changing recognition. I can recognice changes from other team members in an instant.

What do you dislike?

Some features of the other leading presentation tool powerpoint are missing for me. The other comparable tools from Google like Google Docs work way faster for me and are more reliable in autosaving. I lost some progress when working with this tool already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free and offers nice features for working together in teams. Can recommend it personally if you are looking for such a tool with only basic possibilites for presentations.

Working in teams for making presentation slides mainly. But I use the onlinesave system for nearly all of my personal working slides because i can work with them also on my mobile phone during the daily train drive to and from work.

Google Slides review by Kurt W.
Kurt W.

"Fast and effective presentations"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage consistency in the organization

What do you dislike?

The limitations of the formatting within.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is my recommendation to use this tool as a substitute for Microsoft PowerPoint only when you are dealing with several satellite team members that need a simple and easy presentation solution. If you take the time to duplicate and format any of your existing PowerPoint templates into a Google Slides format, realize that you will likely be trading off some features and capabilities. The benefit is truly in the ability to create brand consistency across the organization while having your presentations and templates available for all of your team members at all times. Assuming your organization is already using Google accounts, then setup will be simple and effortless and easily executed within your organization. There are many online tutorials to help you create templates and import rich media files to create presentations almost as robust as the ones you have created in Microsoft PowerPoint. This is the second team that I have implemented this with, and I would have no hesitation in recommending this product to anyone. I have had great feedback from the internal team for its ease of use and accessibility regardless of the team members' location.

We are able to keep our presentations constantly available and consistent with the templates. This has allowed everyone to distribute and present materials in all aspects of the business with consistency of the brand.

Google Slides review by Britnee M.
Britnee M.

"Google Slides for School Wide Assemblies"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using Google Slides to prepare presentations for our school wide assemblies. I am able to collaborate with other staff members in my building and also in other buildings within our district. We can each be at our locations and work on the document together. There are also many options to add pictures and other forms of media directly into the slide. I like that I am also easily able to make of copy of the presentation and it automatically saves. I do not need to worry about losing my work.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more options for templates. I get tired of using the same themes. I am able to do a quick Google search to find more, but having the option within Google Slides would be more convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are someone who needs to collaborate with others to create presentations or someone who needs to access your work from multiple devices, I would recommend using Google Slides.

Google Slides has allowed me to develop graphically pleasing presentations for my school. Google Slides has also made collaborating with others much easier. Also, sharing the slides can be done right from the webpage and I do not need to take the extra step of embedding it or attaching it to an email.

Google Slides review by Thomas P.
Thomas P.

"Great utility for presentations online"

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive is the interface, the available options are mostly easy to use, being able to edit with others in real times is a real time saver and once done, sharing and hosting is already available thanks to the integration to other Google's services. Great option for free.

What do you dislike?

Using a lot of media can slow down the process as it requires to optimize the media in advance and that some advance features are lacking, but considering its positive aspects and that you don't need to pay to use it, I feel like it is unfair to compare it to other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When it comes to a free solution or even paid ones, I will highly recommend to use Google Slides when working on the cloud. The integration with other services from Google including easy sharing and hosting makes it a great utility for anyone to use, however if you need to use complex features or a lot of different media with a mediocre internet access, I highly recommend an offline tool instead.

Being able to make professional presentations with little effort

Google Slides review by Nirav S.
Nirav S.

"The Presentation Killer"

What do you like best?

It has been almost 3-4 months since I last used powerpoint it has really been the only product that I have used all this while.The best part of this product is the amount of flexibility and confidence it gives me.It is at par with all the other software out there and more, the fact that I along with my peers can edit the same document at the same time is just amazing and the best thing.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that you are stuck with the same theme/background for all your slides, I mean I understand the need and importance of uniformity but to have some traction sometimes I feel it will be really nice to have a different background for different slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please come and discovery this amazing product and use it to make your life easy

My team was working on a presentation for a marketing campaign and we had a lot of ideas pouring out and we were having trouble because we had to make a separate ppt everytime one had to show something and hence we used and we could see at real time as to what someone really wanted to show.

Google Slides review by Eric W.
Eric W.

"Just the perfect utility for presentations"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, it has a friendly interface, there are a lot of customization options, sharing with others is an easy task for both showing and working with, and it allows importing and exporting to other formats like Microsoft Powerpoint. It is a really solid tool that I highly recommend to anyone, mostly since it is offered for free.

What do you dislike?

While it does lack some features from other offline alternatives and image loading can be a bit slow as it lacks a file size reducing feature, there is nothing else I can think off. Considering it is available for free, the positive aspects exceed the negative ones by far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it lacks some features from software like Microsoft PowerPaint, the options to share it and edit online without effort while being available for free it makes it a must. Seriously, I find no reason to not recommend it unless you completely lack access to the Internet which is highly unlikely in a workplace.

I have been using Google Slides to make presentations which are often made in collaboration with other coworkers online. The integration with Google's other tools makes it easier to share, save and import files as well.

Google Slides review by Beikis Carolina L.
Beikis Carolina L.

"The best substitution of power point on the internet and for free."

What do you like best?

The best thing about this tool is that you can save the files in the cloud and edit them even if you are offline. In addition to being able to edit the presentations I receive online with this application.

What do you dislike?

Because it is a free program to mount presentations online, it does not have all the necessary tools that we are used to using. In addition to the predetermined devices they lack more design or aesthetics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good way to make presentations in a very easy way, in addition to having good and innovative applications of great utility and the best of all is to upload them to the cloud and share them.

The best benefits is that I can edit my files online and share them with my co-workers at the same time.

Google Slides review by Cameron K.
Cameron K.

"I Don't Know If I'll Ever Use Powerpoint Again! "

What do you like best?

Google Slides is hands down my favorite presentation tool. It provides just the right amount of customization and add-ons without making it to cumbersome and hard to navigate. I use this on a near daily basis for presenting growth numbers, client statistics, you name it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have a hard time with is consistently using the same theme/formatting. Although you can save a master slide, I can't figure out how to save it as a theme to be used across a company. This may be user error, but it would be great if you could save it, then share it as a theme across a company domain!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no real reason not to use it! It is one of the most convenient and easy to manage tools I use!

Since we are a B2B and a B2C business in a growth phase, we are constantly updating and optimizing our presentation materials, and Google Slides makes that effortless. Our entire team can update something as needed, and since Google just updated Slides to provide a history of a document, we can always retrace our steps if needed. That is so helpful!

Google Slides review by Magali S.
Magali S.

"Perfect teamwork"

What do you like best?

I enjoy to work with that platform.I have a lot of themes, fonts.Also very good to have ability to use video. Also I can make presentations, not so hard to add them and work on them with all my team.

What do you dislike?

Till this time i don't receive any complaint. I'm working and my colleggs, we are understand every step. Also a lot of good tools on your hands. Its looks like I don't have dislikes but it's true.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't have a doubt about that software. of course i cant push you into it but I just tell you my opinion.Im working with this software platform and really do like it a lot.

Helps to my company work on edit, also the can easy to see presentations on any device.They and me we feel big help from it. Really so nice and high quality.we was surpriesd that all of thes things we cand do even with no internet.

Google Slides review by Alicia Z.
Alicia Z.

"Use it all the time"

What do you like best?

It's just so easy to use. I love how you can easily share your powerpoint, and how multiple people can use it at once. It is also widely known, so when you share it with other people, most will understand very quickly. It is also convenient because it is linked to our gmails. When you are looking to share with people, their gmail address pops up when you start typing their name.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular really. The slide designs are not that appealing but nothing worth really complaining about either. Even though I prefer Powerpoint's design I always use google slides anyways because it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a very visually exhilarating way to showcase your presentation, this may not be the best. However, if you are looking for something that will help you collaborate with other people, this is the perfect way!

How to present information to other people. Benefits include ease of use and accessibility.

Google Slides review by Dianne M.
Dianne M.

"Google Slides Keeps us In Sync"

What do you like best?

I like the collaboration aspect the best. Our sales team delivers monthly webinars and uses Google Slides to contribute content for the webinar.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if the import feature could support a few more file formats!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Google Slides if you want to collectively work on a single presentation. The cloud based nature of the product means you don't have multiple copies, you don't have to worry about backing up and you don't have to pay for storage.

We like working on one, centralised document that is always up to date with the latest content. In the past we've used other presentation software but found we had so many different versions on various computers that it was difficult for us to know which one was the right one! We were also backing so much more data than we needed to and this was getting costly. Now we don't need to worry about these things.

Google Slides review by Anusha S.
Anusha S.

"Slides are a lot more easier to share and showcase anywhere!"

What do you like best?

I have used it as presentation slides at my previous company, and to show case my portfolio. Pretty easy to use and has a lot of functionality that's available in PowerPoint. The biggest plus was the ability to work on the slides simultaneously with my colleagues and get immediate feedback.

What do you dislike?

When my laptop was connected to a projector, I wanted to read the notes while the rest of the audience sees only the presentation. That mode was unavailable :( unfortunately. Although I believe that feature is available when using it for remote audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out if you have to work with your team together on slides.

Selling ideas, selling myself. It acts as a portfolio piece and only people who have access to the links can see it. So my slides are safe.

Google Slides review by Damion W.
Damion W.

"Google Slides only for simple presentations"

What do you like best?

Integration with Google Drive and Google Photos. Easy to use, user-friendly interface. Excellent opportunities for sharing. If you and your colleagues have an account from Google, these presentations are easy to send or create together.

What do you dislike?

Google Slides is similar to the previous version of Power Point. But still the online version can not reach the powerful Power Point. Presentation from Google doesnt have mach interesting features that I'm used in the program from Microsoft. A small number of transitions between slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Convenient for ordinary users or students. If you need a simple presentation, the possibilities of Google Slides are enough for you.

I used Google Slides to create presentations online. If I need a simple presentation, I lack the capabilities of Google Slides, but if I want to do something more interesting and beautiful then I take on Power Point.

Google Slides review by Carly N.
Carly N.

"All the Best Parts of Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

Google Slides allows for collaboration in real time on projects. Additionally, since it's already part of the web, it's easier than ever to include YouTube videos, Google Drive documents, and other web content into presentations.

What do you dislike?

Since some conferences and other uses still require that presentations be submitted as a Powerpoint, sometimes it is necessary to convert a Google Slides presentation into a powerpoint. However, this transition does not always maintain consistent formatting, which can be frustrating. Thus, it often requires more work to convert it than it would be to simply use Powerpoint. Additionally, there seems to be a dearth of available theme options, especially compared to what one might expect from Google software.

Google Slides allows for increased collaboration on group presentations in a convenient and accessible format.

Google Slides review by Brittany A.
Brittany A.

"It'll do in a pinch"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an accessible free alternative to Powerpoint. It has nearly identical features with the exception of a few that aren;t really necessary to create a strong presentation. The autosave, which is present with all of Google's apps, is also much appreciated.

What do you dislike?

The only con I can think of is that it does't have an extensive selection of the fancy animations and advanced features that people who shell out the $100+ for Powerpoint look for and appreciate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides will allow you to make a slide presentation with the bare minimum of the features, but if you need a program that allows you more bells and whistles like more animations, more themes, shape building, etc. I would shop for a payed program.

I use slides primarily for designing custom presentations for clients. Using Google Slides to try out placements of images makes it a perfect tool to have in my arsenal.

Google Slides review by Saloni H.
Saloni H.

"I love Google Slides!"

What do you like best?

I love the shareability of google slides. It helps when I'm working with my students on their presentations because I can leave comments and help them edit their work as we do it together. I like how it is easy for me to also share slides with the class when I want them to pull it up and work within the same document

What do you dislike?

It is a little harder with the functionalities and edits within google slides. Once you get used to powerpoint, it was a bit harder to switch over to slides and get used to how to do small things like cut/paste, add images, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Slides to all teachers when they are working with students

Shareability with presentations is a huge problem that google slides helps solve. It has helped with so many different teams and as a teacher

Google Slides review by Brittney C.
Brittney C.

"Great for collaboration!"

What do you like best?

I love how Google slides makes group presenting easier. By being able to collaborate on one document and see everyone's progress, there's a lot more transparency in group work which ultimately leads to efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way that Google Slides always changes the layout of your slides. There's always a difference between the slides on Google and the slides on Microsoft Powerpoint despite the fact that you can export Google slides into a Microsoft PPT. If you're doing a presentation using Google Slides and whomever operates the laptop downloads them as a PPT, you're basically screwed. They won't look the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you use the google slide site rather than exporting to microsoft powerpoint before presenting. It will change the formatting if you export it,

Google Slides helps answer collaboration questions without being forced to have a meeting. If 5 people are working on one presentation, you will never have to go to a group member to ask how far they've gotten. It also eliminates the issue of having several document versions on different computers and possibly bringing up an old version when it's time to present.

Google Slides review by Trevor H.
Trevor H.

"Number 1 tool for giving presentations"

What do you like best?

Its on google, so you know you aren't going to lose anything.

It constantly self-saves, and its easy to share with coworkers.

Any browser can play it fullscreen, and it looks good. Embedding images and videos is no problem.

What do you dislike?

I HATE that the default animation transition is fade with a delay. If you want to make a slide where multiple things appear one at a time when you click, you have to adjust this setting everytime.

The delay doesn't make sense. When you click next, you want the next piece of information to appear immediately. We've had group presentations that were 100+ slides and it got a little laggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally I think this is the best presentation tool. Especially in the "online tool" realm, and I think you should do your presentation in the cloud now-a-days anyway. I know a lot of people use these javascript presentations.. but I've used both, and the javascript ones are always worse. There's that common one, where you can navigate slides in 4 directions... so google slides doesn't have that, but I wouldn't want that anyway. Talks are suppose to be linear.

Teaching onboard coworkers

Sharing ideas and designs

Giving tutorials

Giving company presentations on projects

I even use it to draw diagrams and stuff which I think I may want to explain to someone later.

Google Slides review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Google Slide .... it's better than powerpoint "

What do you like best?

I like that I can access it anywhere, I can share with my students. We can edit together. You can turn a slides presentation into a digital notebook. It is handy to share with colleagues who need to work on the same document. Everyone has the latest version, you can see who edited it. We hold department meetings and can access the same presentation before we talk about the specifics of our departments.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have the same animations as Powerpoint. The master slides are hard to edit and update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Take an old powerpoint and upload it. You'll see that you can still use it and add to it. I set all of my files to be converted to GSuite format. Easier to share and use.

We don't have to look for the correct file. I can make a presentation share it with my coworkers, they can add to it. We can select slides to skip or add links to other slides within the presentation. I can share it to be viewed, determine who can download and copy.

Google Slides review by Rachel P.
Rachel P.

"google slides review"

What do you like best?

Google Slides is great for sharing presentation-style information. I have also had many of my past students use Google Slides to create group presentations from multiple locations and different operating systems. I have not run into much trouble with MAC vs. PC operating systems having different formatting issues, which often arises in Office PowerPoint with text or other formatting.

What do you dislike?

When I have multiple presentations from multiple presenters on a single computer, each one has to sign in and sign out after each presentation. I have been able to download the presentations as PDFs as well, but sign in is always required, even if it is just shared with additional people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If many presenters are sharing Google Slide presentations on the same computer, I have found it to be most useful to download the presentations individually as PDFs, rather than having each person sign in online before each individual presentation.

The most useful part of Google Slides has been having multiple people work on presentations at the same time but from different computers or different locations. Edits can be made in real time, and they are not over-written with each new collaborator.

Google Slides review by Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.

"Great, free alternative to Microsoft Powerpoint!"

What do you like best?

In the Google eco-system and cloud-based.

What do you dislike?

Not as much variety in slide templates as PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is great! I would definitely recommend trying it out as a replacement for PowerPoint or Keynote. If you're in a collaborative environment, the Google Drive ecosystem helps tremendously in sharing, viewing, and editing your team's documents. There's also a chat feature, and you can leave each other notes and annotations for changes or to bring attention to part of the document. It's highly customizable in terms of the background, colors, and fonts. You can also get a link to your document, or "broadcast" it, so that others in your meeting can see it up front and close while you are presenting. You can also wirelessly show it on a TV or monitor screen that has Chromecast. We use this feature weekly and it works seamlessly.

I'm using Google Slides to solve the problem of collaboration on documents, slides, etc. With Slides, you're able to share and edit the file with anyone, and simultaneously!

Google Slides review by Holly M.
Holly M.

"Useful tool for sharing slides with colleagues "

What do you like best?

I like that I can work on slides at home or at work and the changes I make are automatically saved. I also like being able to collaborate with colleagues in real time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the formatting options are limited as compared to PowerPoint or other slideshow programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want it to be widely adopted, have a training about a) it’s many applications and b) how to use it.

As a teacher, I need to be able to share slideshows with my colleagues so that we can all disseminate the same information to parents. It also allows us to have a professional development meeting and then go back and comment on slides later on.

Google Slides review by Luuk D.
Luuk D.

"The free to use, always in sync and cloud based Powerpoint from your good friend Google"

What do you like best?

Slides is another entry in Google's amazing line of cloud based software. Slides is Google's cloud based take on presentation editing software such as Microsoft's PowerPoint. Next to supplying you with all the usual cloud based functionality that you're expecting from their line of cloud based applications such as auto-save, offline mode, a template library and everywhere accessible files, Google Slides also incorporates various presentation only features that will come in handy. Let's start with their take on presenting your freshly made presentation. Next to having a default full screen presentation mode like you'd expect from any presentation application Google Slides also has a "Presenter View".

Presenter view allows you to display your presentation on one screen and opens a second window to put on a second screen. The secondary window will display any notes you might have taken for specific slides but also features an amazing viewer Q/A section. Enabling the Q/A feature will display a transparent banner at the top of your presentation with a link to a Q/A page. If a viewer visits the link they're presented with a clean looking interface where they can ask a question (With the option to ask them anonymous) or up-vote and down-vote other questions. The presenter can see these questions coming in in real-time and can now choose to display them as an overlay over the presentation. This gives the presenter the chance to explain any questions the viewers might have in a clean way.

Google Slides also allows you to present your presentation at a different screen using the built in ChromeCast functionality. This also is a great option for showing your presentation to a smaller group of people without the use of a projector.

As usual all of these nifty features are incorporated in a proper presentation editor with nearly all the features you have come to expect from such applications all wrapped in a clean looking easy to use user interface.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most is is that there aren't that many slide transition options. 7 including the "No transition" option. However, there are more animation options for items inside your slides. 15 options in total, with "On click", "before previous" and "After previous" options as well as speed controls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As per usual with an application in Google's cloud based I recommend you take a week or two to get used to the software. The biggest change you'll have to get used to is that you'll have to navigate to your browser to create and edit your presentation instead of your dedicated Windows/Mac application.

Google slides allows you to create stunning presentations for all of your projects using either beautiful pre-made templates or your own wild imagination. When you're done creating your presentation you can use the various presentation modes to truly bring your experience to life.

Google Slides review by David Y.
David Y.

"A collaboration rich presentation software"

What do you like best?

I love how Google slides makes group presenting easier. Its on google, so you know you aren't going to lose anything. I like that I can access it anywhere, I can share with my team mates. There's also a chat feature, and you can leave each other notes and annotations for changes or to bring attention to part of the document.

What do you dislike?

When I have multiple presentations from multiple presenters on a single computer, each one has to sign in and sign out after each presentation. Not as much variety in slide templates as PowerPoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have online presentation software. Not only is google slides easy to use, it allows other individuals to add valuable information on a much easier basis than other applications.

We needed to create a shared presentation that individuals within our organization could access.

Google Slides review by Timothy k.
Timothy k.

"Google slides review"

What do you like best?

-No loss of data. Google sheets ensures that whatever you do is not lost at all because of its autosave feature

-Presentation of status reports and progress. It helps employees get the perspective of whats really going on because different types of documents can be incorporated e.g. Pictures, pdf, clip arts etc

- Just like google sheets and google docs, google slides enables collaborations not only with teams in one area but also those that are far apart e.g. Teams that are in different continents.

-Can be a place to have fun in sharing photos. Which is quite exciting actually.

What do you dislike?

I can be difficult to trace file sometimes. In some instances, a user can forget a slide name and therefore becomes very difficult to find it. This issue can be escalated when a company has alot of slides being shared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not using google slides, you are definitely missing out on a lot. The time when you lose your presentation because of a virus or your computer is stolen is over. Collaboration is achieved and productivity is increased big time. Get yourself this product.

Sharing of communications is now easier. Learning materials can be shared easily and therefore removes the need to have a lot to meeting for the purposes of training. This extra time can be used to complete other tasks. Productivity is therefore improved and cultivates the culture of self-learning.

Google Slides review by Jenn C.
Jenn C.

"Useful for sharing"

What do you like best?

The best feature for this (and other google products) is the ability to share easily with other people and have minimal formatting changes/incompatabilities.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some of the features that Powerpoint has. I also dislike that it is only available when you are connected to the internet (unless you choose to use an offline mode or backup, which I typically don't). This limits the use a little bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sharing and collaboration, however be prepared for some features to be lacking if you are used to using the MS suite.

At my work, we have presentations and information that we share with either other teams, or other members within the same team. There are also instances where multiple people will be collaborating on the same set of slides, and Google Slides makes that very easy to do.

Google Slides review by Aidan D.
Aidan D.

"Does the basics well, with G Suite's collaboration benefits"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, and like all G Suite products benefits from integration into the best collaboration platform on the market.

What do you dislike?

Whilst I'm not a fan of animation when overused, Slides' animations are very limited. Also there are some annoying features such as that animations always default to a speed setting which is frustratingly slow, forcing you to increase the speed setting every single time - you can't change the default!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to focus on the content of what you're presenting, and abandon fancy animations etc. People talk about "Death by Powerpoint" not because slide presentations are necessarily boring, but because people make boring presentations.

I use it for presentations internally and at conferences etc., but it's also very useful for documenting processes, internal reports etc. Every slide has its own URL so you can link directly to them, which is incredibly useful.

Google Slides review by Jillian W.
Jillian W.

"Google slides for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love being able to work together with my teammates. Being able to work at home or at work and being able to collaborate on multiple projects especially presentations and were using these almost daily.

What do you dislike?

I did like that it’s missing some of the features that PowerPoint had that I think were important and that made the ease-of-use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a great tool to work together and to collaborate and to make presentations are having to be physically with one another.

This is solving the ability to collaborate from anywhere if people are working from different country different state they can work together on projects either before or after I come together to present.

Google Slides review by User in Higher Education

"Needs a lot of improvement "

What do you like best?

I like that many users can contribute to the presentation at the same time. I like that it automatically saves your work on the cloud so you don’t have to worry about losing what you did. Slides is a simple way to get your presentation started as a group.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is different from Microsoft power point software. It has some bugs that needs to be fixed, graphics and style of presentation is very poor compared to other available products in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to increase functionality for charts and graphs. There is minimal emphasis on that. Try to increase graphical interface for user as well as have better graphics for the slide designs and animations. If possible collaboration or syncing with Microsoft power point is an option, I would highly recommend that.

Google Slides helps me and my team get our thoughts together. We use it mainly to create preliminary slides for Microsoft PowerPoint. The software is amazing in sharing and collaborating information but not suitable for final display of the data.

Google Slides review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"Classic slides + all Google benefits"

What do you like best?

Perfect interface

export to powerpoint formats, etc.

Simple minimalist service

Web accessibility always and everywhere

multiplatform - all devices can be used.

What do you dislike?

A small inhibition of work, because this service is cloud

180/5000

Nemnogo ogranichena funktsional'nost'

Net redaktirovaniya izobrazheniya (yarkost', kontrastnost')

Net risovaniya v prezentatsii (pri translyatsii)

Net vstavki video i audio v slayd i t.d.

Slightly limited functionality

No image editing (brightness, contrast)

No drawing in the presentation (during the broadcast)

No insertion of video and audio into the slide, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enough powerful service, but not without cons. On android application elegantly performs all the main tasks for viewing, creating and editing presentations. Literally here I downloaded a few days ago some kind of presentation, and she did not open any other program. Only with the help of Google service was able to open it in seconds, edit it in a convenient interface and send it to colleagues. Functions, perhaps, there is not too much, but, fortunately, the most important options are.

This application allows the company to work with one presenation at the same time to several employees who are responsible for different presentation blocks. This is much more convenient than working in offline services and then merging into one presentation.

It also allows you to send a presentation to partners with a link. This is convenient, because a person will be able to view it from any device (not necessarily windows + powerpoint).

Google Slides review by Dele C.
Dele C.

"I love my Slides for the most part."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Slide is its level of intuitiveness and I will think anyone who can conveniently surf the internet,will pickup Google slides within a few days. I love that this tool is free to use and hopefully it remains so.Integration with Google Drive is another benefit of Slides and thus provides me with a backup of every of my presentations ,and greatly reducing the risk of loosing them.

Collaboration is also another key benefit of Google Slides,and this has allowed myself and colleagues in my project group,get presentations done faster : without the need for everyone to be physically present at the same place.

What do you dislike?

Importing presentations created in PowerPoint into Google slides can be a daunting task.Most times when I have done this,I end up spending extra time having to reformat the presentation.

Google Slides makes it easy to work on group presentations as a group.This especially becomes important if there are presentation tasks to be worked on over the weekend.Thus letting everyone converge together remotely and get work done ,without a need for physical presence.

Google Slides review by Atharva K.
Atharva K.

"A very good Application to use"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best about Google Slides is that it gives us a sense of portability and mobility in a very different way. The cloud technology used makes it feel a lot more accessible and does not make it seem bound by physical places.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that lot of the time when we're trying to migrate data from MS office or other applications, there is a huge loss of formatting. It is very annoying and counter-productive and hence an area that would certainly require reworking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering google slides over MS Office, it certainly is a viable and good option. It can help you improve business process and provides remote accessibility.

Well, Google slides is like a lifesaver when it comes to business presentations. It grants, and displays clarity of thought and works towards making business communication a lot simpler and very clear.

Google Slides review by Sanwo C.
Sanwo C.

"I work on presentations ,with any device in sight."

What do you like best?

Google Slides provides me with ease of access and use,primarily ‘cause it is majorly browser based. Google docs is of course free to use,and it has saved me having to pay software subscription fee for any presentation program in the last four year.

Collaboration is the most important benefit I derive from Google Slides, and my ability to collaborate has improved the efficiency of presentations I create and of course,it has ensured we complete official presentations faster.

What do you dislike?

Google docs is limited in terms of the list of themes I can select from ,however since my presentations are usually to management and not third parties ; it does not really matter if I keep using the same set of themes for presentations.

As a market analyst,it is sometime important that I present my findings as a presentation to management.On occasions like this,Google Slides is the go to program to enable me do this and because it is cloud based,I can easily get to work with any device in sight.

Google Slides review by Gbemisola J.
Gbemisola J.

"Google Slides is always a browser away."

What do you like best?

Google Slides provides users with select similar Microsoft PowerPoint features , with the ability to collaborate with others on presentations as an extra freebie.It is a browser based program and this makes it easier for me to begin working on presentations ,at a moments notice.

My presentations are also saved in Google Drive cloud,thus I no longer go around with an external storage device and my files are saved on the cloud than on a storage device too.

What do you dislike?

A few of my colleagues at work are diehard Microsoft PowerPoint users,so they still get to send me team presentations in .ppt format ,which usually gets messed up whenever I open it on my Google Slides.

Businesswise,Google Slides is the go-to program for me whenever I need to work on team presentations. It does not matter what shift my other colleagues are on,we still get to work together collaboratively on team presentations.

Google Slides review by Funmilayo A.
Funmilayo A.

"Slide is awesome in its right."

What do you like best?

The first thing every Google slide user likes about this program is the fact it is free to use.Also the fact it is browser based, has ensured I am able to get started with a presentation wherever the need meets me. I love Google slides integration with Drive ,this integration ensures I have all of my presentations backed up in real time on the cloud, where it is save from un-permitted third party access and from wherein I can easily access my past presentations with ease.

What do you dislike?

With all due respect, Google slides is inferior when compared to other more advanced tool like Haiku Deck or Prezi. However Google slides is free and therefore,I see no reason why it should be compared with the above products which are paid software.

I use Google slides for the simplest of presentations. It has increased the completion rate of my presentations as I am always collaborating with multiple other colleagues of mine,thanks to its collaboration feature.

Google Slides review by Morenike  A.
Morenike A.

"Google slides is free and I am very grateful."

What do you like best?

I like Google slides browser based setup,and this has ensured I am able to work on presentations from anywhere ,on devices which are not even mine ; provided I am able to sign into my gmail account.

It is of course free and has therefore saved me money in monthly subscriptions over the past 36 month and counting.More importantly,all of my presentations get backed up in real time on my Google drive : thus I have access to every single presentation I have created ,during my time so far as a Slide user.

What do you dislike?

Google slides obviously is lagging behind a tool like PowerPoint when it comes to themes and layout options.However it makes little sense doing a comparism between a paid tool and free to use tool.

It is the norm to make team presentations for projects we handle every Monday morning in my organization.Therefore,I and my team member always get to work on our presentations over the weekend.Google slides enable us get this done remotely via collaboration,as against having to make the over one hour trip to work on a Saturday,and back home,

Google Slides review by Amarachi O.
Amarachi O.

"Google Slides encourages productivity in my organization."

What do you like best?

I switched from Microsoft Powerpoint to Google Slides in 2015 primarily because it was free and because of its browser based design. Its browser based design makes it easy for me to create presentations at a moment notice from any computer,without needing to bother if the pc presentation software is actively subscribed(am looking at you Powerpoint).

Very vital is how every presentations I create with Slides gets backed-up on my Google Drive,thus I have every single presentation I have created on my Slides from 2015 till date ,easily available to me on my Google Drive cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

Maybe not a direct limitation of Google slides, however I have issues with version control in terms of presentations backed-up on my Drive. I dislike that every time I modify a presentation previously backed up on Drive ,the previous version gets replaced with the modified one.

Collaboration is a common activity in my organization due to our preference of Google Slides as the default presentation tool. Therefore, team presentations get completed in record time,leading to extra time on everyones hand to be directed towards other productive activity within my organization.

Google Slides review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Good slide is quality but can be better."

What do you like best?

I have always had a pleasant experience working with Google Slides since switching to it from Microsoft PowerPoint,primarily because unlike PowerPoint ,Google slides is free and also unlike PowerPoint ; Google slides is browser based.

Because Google slides is free,I have saved money monthly for the last five year period:money I would had expended subscribe for my Microsoft office monthly.As for its browser based nature,it has enabled me work on slide presentations wherever I may be,without any restriction to a particular device.

In terms of user experience, I find Google Slides intuitive.Maybe not as intuitive as PowerPoint ,but I still found it easy to pickup.

What do you dislike?

When compared with PowerPoint,Google Slides lags behind in terms of the number of templates made available to me as a user.

The customer care team in my organization is required to make presentations every Monday at the weekly team brainstorming sessions. Google Slides makes it so easy for everyone on the customer care team to work together on presentations via Google slides collaborative features and get our presentation ready for Monday morning,even without any of the collaborators physically by each other.

Google Slides review by Courtney K.
Courtney K.

"Better than PPT"

What do you like best?

Google Slides has most of the same features that you expect from other presentation software, but with the added delight of automatically saving and allowing multiple contributors. There are many fabulous add-ons as well that work as long as you're logged on to Chrome. That means you can present with all of your bells and whistles on ANY computer, not just your laptop where you've downloaded the add-ons.

What do you dislike?

Some of handy image manipulation features are missing that I came to love in PPT (like automatically cutting out backgrounds), but you can create those images elsewhere and then import them. Not as convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updates keep making this product better.

I can create presentations with my colleagues (or co-presenters) all around the world and know that EVERYONE has the same file ready to go.

Google Slides review by Justina F.
Justina F.

"Great for text-only slides."

What do you like best?

I love the ability to work on a presentation simultaneously with other people. It brings collaboration to a whole new level. And being able to link it to my Google account is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

FORMATTING. Trying to take a pre-made table, image, or figure from the internet or another document and place it in a Google Slides slide is a nightmare. I often spend more time readjusting or recreating figures than I spend on actually entering information on the presentation.

Collaboration used to require meeting in person, which no one likes doing after a long day of work. Being able to collaborate and chat via Google Slides makes it much easier.

Google Slides review by User

"Review of Google Slides"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily collaborate with multiple people is what I like best about Google Slides. It provides with the ability to share, make comments on slides or objects on the slides, tag one of the collaborators.

What do you dislike?

As compared to Microsoft Powerpoints Google Slides has fewer features, but only advanced powerpoint will feel the lack of them. In my opinion, Google Slides provides with all the basic abilities required to make a decent presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to make a basic presentation, I would suggest Google Slides. It also provides with a lot of templates to get you started quickly.

I use it for making presentations for my thesis, or to present my experiments to a panel or my teammates.

Google Slides review by User in Research
User in Research

"Better for Collaboration than PowerPoint"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Google Slides is the inherent collaboration feature. Your team can simultaneously work on the same presentation from locations all around the world, while chatting away in a side bar to make sure that everyone is on the "same page." This allows for the content experts on your team to each "own" their slides and accurately represent their data.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Google Slides lacks some of the features and abilities that the more software heavy PowerPoint has. While the collaboration feature is nice, it is hard to polish a presentation in Google Slides, and I usually have to download it into PowerPoint to make it look nice. It also doesn't help that during the download to PowerPoint the Google Slides presentation's format usually gets messed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My teams frequently use a conference call simultaneously with Google Slides. This makes communication easier and quicker as the teams work on the presentation, and is certainly much faster than the provided chat function of Google Slides.

As a project manager I manage 8 teams of 3-6 interns each. At the end of their internship these teams all present their data and findings to their various clients. Google Slides has helped the teams, especially the ones with remote members, to fairly delegate the workload and collaborate on their final presentation. It has made a huge difference in the quality of presentation that these intern teams have been able to produce, and the timeliness in which they have been able to do so.

Google Slides review by krina t.
krina t.

"effective tool of google for E learning purpose."

What do you like best?

it is really easy to use and accessible from all the devices

effective communication and sharing

documents can be saved online and shared with number of students

it really speeds up the assignment process

user friendly interface

What do you dislike?

account management is bit difficult

integrations options are limited .for example,it hasnt attached google calendar with it

automated updates are not available

Recommendations to others considering the product

would highly recommend it. best choice and an options for teachers to manage online classes.and even google is providing it.what can be better than this :)

i am using google slides for my e learning purpose.i am able to communicate as well as teach my students online by creating online classes.it makes my work easy and effective.also i am able to provide documents as well as assignments easily.

Google Slides review by Tanya (Tatiana) G.
Tanya (Tatiana) G.

"Convenient way of making presentation, great for college students"

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the collaborative part of the Google Slides. An ability to edit the presentation both online and off