Google Slides

With Google Slides, everyone can work together in the same presentation at the same time. All of your changes are saved automatically.

Work for Google Slides?

Learning about Google Slides?

Google Slides Reviews

Ask Google Slides a Question
Showing 782 Google Slides reviews
Google Slides review by General I.
General I.

"A Great Software"

What do you like best?

We are able to collaborate in real time on presentations. Everyone is able to do their own slides with many different options such as animations, images, and much more. It is an extremely useful tool when making presentations to pitch things. You can easily send a presentation to someone to review it and provide feedback. You can use 3 main collaborator roles. The editor who can edit and make changes to the document. The viewer, who can only see the document. Finally, the commentator who can suggest changes for the editors to approve or decline. You can also set options like allowing or not allowing viewers and commentators to download or print the document.

What do you dislike?

I wish Google would make more themes for its users. There are only like 10 preset themes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would defiantly sign up. It is free and doesn't require and setup.

We are now able to operate at maximum capacity. No more sending the document back and forth to each other waiting for one person to finish their parts. We can now just add everyone on the presentation and everyone can work at their own pace without slowing everyone down.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Slides
Google Slides review by Antonio P.
Antonio P.

"The technology that Google has created helps day by day. "

What do you like best?

The technology that Google has created helps day by day. Google Slides is that program that facilitates your activities at work, college or simply in a home-based activity. What we like most, is the ability to create and edit a presentation among several people. This saves time and can even be quite fun. With Google Slides, you do not have to worry about saving the information every second, because this is done automatically, every time you edit the document in which you are working. This eliminates several headaches and makes you feel very good

What do you dislike?

We have had several problems, among them when we want to combine a presentation of Google Slides, with a presentation made in another format. Sometimes the sheets are disoriented and you have to start from scratch. Placing a video is annoying and, depending on your internet connection, the presentation becomes very slow. Editing a document among several people is fascinating, but it can also be very difficult to do, because data can be accidentally deleted. All the information you keep is in a Gmail email account and if that account does not have a good password, someone could erase all that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The technology serves to facilitate the day to day and make us achieve our goals with less effort. Google Slides is that program you need to use. And if you work in a team, this program will make the work easier to build. Start as fast as possible.

In our company we work together with clients. We offer an event service and when we are hired for a party, for example, we build the party with the client. Many times for a celebration clients have asked us for presentations with photos, video and music to honor someone and those presentations are built by our team and customers, online and using Google Slides. This has been very positive and it is quite fun to share with our clients.

What Presentation solution do you use?

Google Slides review by Juan Pablo A.
Juan Pablo A.

"Google slides is the best"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the ability to collaborate with a lot of people at the same time while creating a slide deck. i love the capability of linking the content of a google spreadsheet into a slide and being able to update the content right away with just a click.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot create masks with shapes and pictures. The complexity of inserting videos is way too high. The worst it not being able to put music on the background in just a slide or being able to fade in and out the music.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try! It's super cool to have all your content online and being able to access it from any location. Share it with your co-workers and start improving your business and your connectivity!

Monthly reviews for my company. Creating PPTs for educational material across the organization. Being able to put all the output of different topics in a google folder so it becomes accessible right away.

Google Slides review by Thomas A.
Thomas A.

" Google slides allows you to edit and create presentations easily and quickly"

What do you like best?

Google slides offers multiple options to create and develop presentations. The best thing about this software is that it allows you to work in a team with other users, it also has a revision history that allows us to visualize and control the changes made in the presentation. One of its advantages is that it is quite flexible and easy to use, it is also free and offers innovative features compared to other software.

What do you dislike?

One of the disadvantages of google slides is that it can be a little insecure and also the information can be deleted by any of the participants. Another disadvantage is that it has certain limitations for texts and images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using google slides it is advisable to have a stable internet connection and it is also advisable to create a password safe enough to protect the user.

My experience has been rewarding, Google Slides is a sensational software to create presentations in team, being online and free allows us to save time and money.

Google Slides review by Samantha H.
Samantha H.

"Google Slides is perfect for collaboration in a virtual environment!"

What do you like best?

As a virtual teacher, I often use Google Slides as a presentation which would be similar to PowerPoint. However, because of the ability to share the slides with my students, they are able to add notes at the bottom for any questions that they may have during the lesson, or also write ideas as the lesson is going live. The students can also work on a presentation together at one time, which was not possible for them because of working in their individual homes instead of face-to-face.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately if multiple students are working together at once, some of the information can be accidentally erased. However, Google Slides provides a way to get this information back based on the history, which is a great feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Google Slides when working in a virtual setting! While using Google Slides, the students are very engaged and enjoy working with each other, even while at home working independently.

The ability to share information and collaborate with colleagues when in a virtual environment was a problem that has been solved with the use of Google Slides. Also, by using Google Slides with students, it allows them to collaborate with their peers when they didn't have that ability prior. Students are much more engaged and excited by the added bonus of working with their peers!

Google Slides review by Waldo L.
Waldo L.

"Amazing useful tools."

What do you like best?

I would like to say that it is a great way to make and present professional packs, project performance education modules. With this software, I can create presentations direct in our web browser. I like it.

What do you dislike?

I like to work with a lot of type of different format and till now I don't have any bad issues. Actually, we don't have a big problem with all of the working materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

That software will investigate ideas for operating together and running your company, shared by the client from anyplace. Make your business work well and to raise your work by display the slide presentation for the team which will be extraordinary and clear. Better to try it.

Much better to create the performance we can do faster and simple and then share with our colleagues. Also I can say that the topic is designed with a pastel color palette to transmit a perception of peace. Actually, we can work on all kind of presentation, about art, crafts, organic food and much more.

Google Slides review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Google Slides Review"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to use! Essentially, Slides is a web-based PowerPoint program with less functions than PowerPoint, which, in my opinion, makes it much easier to navigate and use. I love that it's web-based because as long as I have internet, I can access it. Slides is also collaborative, which I LOVE! It makes working with a group so easy.

What do you dislike?

There's not an option (that I've found) to lock a background image, which I often create for presentations that I want to have a specific branding or look to them. There's really not much to complain about with Slides though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on a team, Slides is a must! Collaboration and sharing is easier than using PowerPoint, and Slides is also more accessible and doesn't require you to purchase or download software. Be sure to explore online and find free, cool templates that you can use on your slides!

The collaborative nature of Slides is excellent for creating awesome presentations with my team. There's no file sharing needed because Slides is web-based. We can easily maintain branding standards with Slides as well.

Google Slides review by Erin H.
Erin H.

"Simple to use especially for multiple collaborators"

What do you like best?

It's great to use as a collaboration tool for presentations. I've used it both as a student and professional. It's the best way for multiple users to contribute to a presentation. You don't to worry about document sharing or version control.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I download the google slides as a PPT it distorts some of the text or or images and changes the alignment. Now I know this, so I always double check my presentations when I download it to PPT. Another way around this is to download to PDF, but it doesn't work well if you have transitions and animations in your slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great presentation alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint because it controls sharing and version control when you have multiple collaborators or contributors. The presentation user experience looks like PPT and it is slightly more modern than PPT's themes. Another alternative is Prezi, which is another SaaS solution, but the complexity of your slide design is limited on Prezi.

Group/team collaboration for presentation creation.

Google Slides review by Domingo D.
Domingo D.

"Beautiful and professional presentations with Google Slides"

What do you like best?

The most useful part is that Google Slides has been having multiple people work on presentations at the same time. Excellent offline capability, I can edit slides even when I do not have access to the Internet. Excellent integration with other Google services. Good work of importing different formats. Also, you do not need to think about backups, all presentations are stored in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more standard templates. A simple interface, but it was difficult for me to switch after PowerPoint. It also has some problems with formatting after importing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is completely free and offers excellent functionality. Google Slides is great for teamwork. If you use Google account it will be simple and easy to start working in Google Slides. This service is wonderful! I definitely recommend trying it out.

Basically, we use it for teamwork on presentations. Our team has developed a single template design and now we easily make professional presentations and spend less time on them.

Google Slides review by Berenice G.
Berenice G.

"Google Slides is an innovative tool to create presentations."

What do you like best?

Google Slides is one of the Google Office tools in Google Drive that allows me to create and edit presentations in an easy and practical way. By being online, my files are kept updated and saved as I change them. As G. Docs facilitates online collaboration with my colleagues and allows me to make corrections in their presentations to my students before making their presentation. Everything is done from the cloud so you can access the presentations from anywhere and equipment.

What do you dislike?

Google Slides does not have as many animations or themes as other tools with the same purpose (keynote and powerpoint), besides it can not incorporate audios and the types of files that can be exported are limited; however, in general, it represents a good tool to create and edit presentations for free through a Gmail account. This also depends on an Internet connection for your use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has help files incorporated, although not as complete as in others, however, I could find a more complete help when searching the Internet which allowed me to take advantage of all the tools it offers, such as the incorporation of videos directly from YouTube.

Being an online tool allows me to interact with the rest of my colleagues and students making the necessary modifications to the different work groups without needing to be in the same space

Google Slides review by Josliz D.
Josliz D.

"Google Slides is a powerful tool for creating slides. "

What do you like best?

This tool called Google Slides is one of the wide variety of applications that Google has developed in recent times as part of the work tools. I must say that it has been a pleasant experience to work with this software since it has traditional features of similar applications but with the functionality and novelty of Google.

This software has the basic functions to make a slide as schemes and animations, it also has a lot of animated effects, as well as different text sources, to which you can add graphic material such as videos, images and audios. Resulting in excellent slides.

I like that Google Slides offers this product at low cost that allows free access for users of the Google platform.

I also like that with Google Slides I can use files created in PowerPoint and be able to edit them with this software, and all the work done with Google Slides is automatically saved in the cloud and is available from any device just by connecting to the network.

What do you dislike?

I really like this software, but I think they should add more templates to make slides and improve a little the option to play the animations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software, you should know it well to take full advantage of the variety of functions you have to make slides.

With Google Slides I can make a presentation quickly, and if I'm in a conference I can project the slides in a non-factory format, another area that Google Slides has is that it does not need an additional storage device since everything is saved in the slides. clouds.

Google Slides review by Emmanuel S.
Emmanuel S.

"Google Slides is a very useful tool to make presentations with slides. "

What do you like best?

Google Slides is part of the wide variety of applications that Google has developed as work tools. The experience with this software has been very good because it combines the traditional of similar applications with the novelty of Google.

Within the traditional are the basic functions to make a slide as are the schemes and animations. Google Slides has a large number of text sources, as well as numerous animations, which also allow you to add graphic material such as videos, images and audios. which makes the idea of ​​what you want to do in the diaposotiva to be done in the easiest way.

Google Slides offers this product at a low cost that allows free access for users of the Google platform.

among other things, I like that with Google Slides I can use PowerPoint and press presentations, besides that all the work done with Google Slides is automatically saved and is available from any device.

What do you dislike?

In general it is a great software but I would like that for the computers it could be used without need of connection to Internet, of the rest Google Slides goes with a great projection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to take full advantage of the variety of templates for the slides, and most importantly, it does not matter what format the presentation file is in for editing.

With Google Slides I can make a presentation quickly, in addition to being able to use all the graphic material that I have in my device and that I can attach automatically.

presentations made with Google Slides, can be projected wirelessly.

Google Slides review by McKinley M.
McKinley M.

"Easy to use and share with coworkers"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use Google Slides as well as how I am able to really easily share my slides with my coworkers and we can all edit the same project at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a few more features that I have found in something like Microsoft Word, such as the ability to do basic cropping and editing of pictures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is really great when creating a presentation that multiple people need to be editing, just make sure that when you share the file you change the setting so that they can not only view the document (which is the default) but that they can edit as well.

It has made it really easy to all be working on the same document and share ideas with each other. We use it a lot to make slides for the companies in our building and it has made it really easy to share with them as well.

Google Slides review by Mikayla T.
Mikayla T.

"One of the best slideshow softwares out there."

What do you like best?

Google truly has outdone itself with Google Slides. This software makes it incredibly easy to create and share slideshows with others. It's easy to personalize and import themes to create your vision of a perfect slideshow. I appreciate how easy and simple it is to include visuals, be it through connecting directly through Google Images or uploading your own personal image. It's a great tool for beginners.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how challenging it can be to include video. Occasionally I've run into issues importing a video into my slideshow, or discovering after I finish the slideshow that a permission needs to be granted before other users can watch the video in the slideshow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Google Slides over other slideshow software. The ease of sharing your slideshows makes it worth it in itself.

I create slideshows using Google Slides to train other employees, and create reflections on lesson plans that I've implemented. I'm a new assistant teacher, so this has been a great tool to improve my professionalism and communicate my thoughts with others.

Google Slides review by Gina C.
Gina C.

"Google Slides is Better Than Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

I really love Google Slides and all the Google software. My life has become so much easier since they have been designed and implemented. I am an Outreach Coordinator at my job. So, using Google Slides is a great way to put a presentation together for my incorporation. Google Slides also allows me to have all the same effects and typography that Powerpoint has. Another thing that I love about Google Slides is that it is free! I absolutely love that there is a great software like this, that makes my job so much easier and is free! I couldn't ask for more. It is great how I can share, edit and leave notes on my colleagues Slides and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things that I dislike about Google Slides. I can think of maybe two or three things though. One thing is the fact that you need to be connected to the internet to use Google Slides. I know most places in the world do have wi-fi or some form of internet connection, however, if I have a low internet connection, using Google Slides can be very annoying. PowerPoint didn't need an internet connection which was great. Another thing that I can kind of complain about Google Slides is that it is not as advanced as Powerpoint. I guess it might be like that because it is a free software, whereas PowerPoint is a software that you must pay for or buy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is great. If you are looking for a great way to keep track of notes or to show presentations, Google Slides is the best option in my opinion. The best part about it, is that it is FREE!

Instead of walking into a networking meeting with folders and handouts and a bunch of bags, I walk in with just my laptop. Then, I just log into my Google Account and right there I can pull up all my presentations and the information I need for the meeting or event.

Google Slides review by Mary R.
Mary R.

"Convenient, Collaborative and Classy"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to collaborate with coworkers and peers to work on one slide show, each of us adding our own expertise. As an educator, it also allows me to easily share resources with other trainers and teachers to ensure easy facilitation. I recommend Google Slides to my students for these same reasons, and its general easy-to-use platform and interface.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing not to love! Google Slides is convenient, collaborative and classy. There are many formats to utilize on Google Slides, but I suppose they could revamp and add to them occasionally for regular users.

Google Slides allows various team members to log in and do their parts from across the room or across the country! Unlike other presentation softwares, Google Slides allows us to see what has been added or changed since the last log in, as we work towards a common goal.

Google Slides review by Surajit C.
Surajit C.

"A good Presentations Tool"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and relatively faster . I don't have to worry about size of my file in Google Slides . The changes in the file is saved automatically . No need to install any software . Collaborating part of google slides is really enjoyable . As it is totally free so anyone can use it . It has a very user friendly interface . It does not take any extra storage space in my computer as it is cloud based . You can log into your google account in any computer and access your google slides project which i personally like most .

What do you dislike?

The application is usually simple and very little, especially if there is a picture . It has less number of templates for creating slides . For a slow a internet connection it is hard to use . The technical support is not so good .

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it is free so you can use it and it has a very user friendly interface . If you have a proper internet connection then you can access it in any device like mobile , tablet , laptop .

As it is cloud based so no need to install any other software . also you can use it from your laptop , mobile , computer , tab . Multiple person can work together on a same project .

Google Slides review by Kolson S.
Kolson S.

"Great For Everyone!"

What do you like best?

I love the cloud service, the fact that I can access it anywhere as long as I have an internet connection. I use it primarily for school but the business aspects are unmatched. It's free, unlike Microsoft Powerpoint, it's all cloud based so I can access it anywhere, and it's easy to read and operate, but still in depth. Oh and I love that it can be used with multiple people contributing.

What do you dislike?

The storage capacity could use some work, loading times are always a bit off or sometimes the slides lag. There's a bit of mystery to it if you've never used any Google suite applications like google docs, etc... It's not as customizable as you would hope, and if you don't have internet access, and you didn't save it to your computer, you won't be able to access it. And of course it's a web application so there's a few bugs as a given.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's plenty of other presentation applications, but this one is free, and easy to use. Test out other ones of course and see which ones match your company the best, but overall this is the best tool I've ever used. Take tutorials, Google questions, even ask for support if you need it!

I love how it's in the cloud and that anyone can use it as long as they have internet, and the fact you can collaborate. It's easily managed and even gives you live updates if anyone changes anything while you're logged in. It's great for group projects and it's much simpler, faster, and way more worth it for the price (in fact it's free) than any other presentation tool on the market right now. All while still being secure.

Google Slides review by Claire (Cyle) C.
Claire (Cyle) C.

"Easy To Access and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can access this remotely, and it's very easy to create presentations for work and school. I can share the slides with my colleagues when we're discussing software updates with the team, but I can use my same account for class projects. The ability to access it from tablets and any computer is great because I can make changes from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little hard to control/learn when you're first starting out. I started using a lot of Google Drive products and had a lot of PowerPoint Presentations I made when I was in middle/high school so it was easy for me to adjust and use them at work as well. I have coworkers who find it hard to use since they aren't as familiar with the way it's designed. I also wish I could personalize it a little bit more? There's a few features I don't use very often and I wish I could just hide them in a different section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use if you're familiar with PowerPoint, the remote access is extremely useful so you can make changes form anywhere.

It's quick and easy for me to create and then share with colleagues. Any team updates or information for the floor is easy to put into slides and share with multiple teams. I can create different teams and share the slides with supervisors beforehand so I can see their insights before posting it to the floor.

Google Slides review by Sune W.
Sune W.

"Free, easy to setup."

What do you like best?

I like that Google slide is free to use and it is a web based solution. Thus ,it does not require me to purchase or meet certain hardware standards ,or install any software to use. The only requirement I need to be able to use Google slide is a valid gmail account and access to a good internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Importing documentations I had created in Powerpoint before , into Google slide in most cases leads to me loosing the formatting of such documents and thus I have to almost redesign the documents all over again on Google slide.

Personally, Google Slide makes it possible for me to create presentations on the go ,provided I have got internet on my device. Business wise, it has eliminated the need for everyone to be in the same location ,to work together on presentations. These days ,we can be scattered around different locations and still get to create ,edit or modify presentations.

Google Slides review by Karla M. V.
Karla M. V.

"Review of Google Slides"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Google Slides is how easily collaborative it is. Also, the application is very easy to use and having it saved on the cloud is convenient. I also like all of the options included within Google Slides, especially in terms of design and making your slides pop with color, pictures, or transitions.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if it were more accurate to download as a PPT file without ruining the design and layout. Another issue with Google Slides is that sometimes it is limited in terms of what design a slide can have. It could be a bit easier to integrate images and videos to presentations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Google Slides always. It is easy to use, it has a simple and intuitive interface, it includes a variety of options and designs to make your slides really pop, and all changes are recorded on the cloud.

I have used Google Slides for collaboration on group projects in college. Also, I have used this application to collaborate with teams on my internships, as well as to share the slides for comments and corrections by peers. The benefits are those: Google Slides is extremely easy to use and it is easy to collaborate with others on a single file. Also, peer reviewing is a breeze with Google Slides.

Google Slides review by Lilian W.
Lilian W.

"Wonderful slides and effective presentation."

What do you like best?

I can introduce new and more interesting an ideas to the audience. I like that I have a big choice of many themes, fonts, animation methods and much more. A better way of creating and editing. Faster and easy to view all our presentations from any electronic device.

What do you dislike?

Really till now, I don't have big problems which can make a problem to all my presentation. Also, I will add that it is great that all slides have good quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software will give you the greatest presentation for your audience. You will have the chance to increase your work by showing the slide presentation for the group which will be amazing and understandable. I recommend this solution to you.

As for us, we know that it is a very helpful solution for colleagues and always great for conference or meeting. It is wonderful to display slides on any screens. Super easy access from any devices as a phone or tablet.

Google Slides review by Nayan S.
Nayan S.

"Online presentations for free"

What do you like best?

With Google Slides, you can create an easy-to-manage presentation quality in a collaborative environment. It's just a good tool to work without obvious mistakes for day-to-day co-operation. It is easier for other colleagues and students to access the presentations at the same time, without having to worry about sending the document by e-mail.

What do you dislike?

Importing documents that we created in PowerPoint into Google Slide will in most cases cause the format of these documents to be lost, so it almost draws the documents in the Google slide

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slide is an excellent option for your business, as it is an online offer you can use anytime and anywhere.

I use Google Slides to create online presentations. Sharing presentations is a big issue that can be solved with Google Slides. This helps us present information in a simple and visually appealing way. Simplicity to the best.

Google Slides review by Megan R.
Megan R.

"Useful for presentations and work"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of this program. It is quite simple to use with the drive. I often work with different people in groups and we are able to collaborate with different slides and share ideas. The notes feature is really nice and people are able to leave comments with one another. The fonts and templates are nice also.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that the templates are the nicest and I wish that there was more options to use as templates. I wish that the text box feature was better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that people use this. It is free and easy and people can collaborate with one another to get all sorts of ideas. I think that this is a great option for people giving public presentations, or simply creating different options.

We give quite a few presentations to large groups of people. Our headquarters sends out shared slides to everybody and when we go and speak about information at different public events, we use slides.

Google Slides review by Faris E.
Faris E.

"Google Slides is Simple, yet Effective"

What do you like best?

Like Google Docs, Google Slides allows for collaboration on the same presentation, complete with a chat room, notes, and color coordination to let users know who is working on what section. In addition to all of this, like Google Docs or Google Sheets, Google Slides is on a cloud, saves your work automatically, and is completely free.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about Google Slides. If anything, it is the lack of customization and creativity compared to Microsoft PowerPoint. However, there is enough in the software to make a presentation look pleasant, so this is not a major drawback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is a powerhouse, when it comes to cloud-based presentation software. Not only that, but it can create some really nice-looking presentations! Give it a try, and utilize the simplicity of Google Slides to create fresh, appealing presentations.

Google Slides allows a group to collectively work on a presentation, and forge their separate ideas into one cohesive one. This enables a smoother presentation, and more consistency throughout, to allow the audience to have a better experience when interacting with the presentation.

Google Slides review by Terri D.
Terri D.

"Great presentation tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Slides is that it is quite easy to include videos. They link much easier and play with much less lag time. It is nice to be able to stay within an application to play a video instead of having to minimize and open YouTube or some other video platform.

What do you dislike?

I might be missing something, but I would like it to be easier to work offline and then upload,like you can with Google Docs. Also, there is a copy, cut and paste options in the right click function, but when you use it, you get a pop-up that says to use the CTRL-C, -V, and -P functions instead. Seems redundant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any other presentation program, have your information prepared, especially pictures, videos, etc. This will make it much easier to produce your presentation in a timely manner.

The biggest thing this has helped with is presentations in staff meetings. We often do not have much time to prepare for a presentation, so the ease of creating a Slides presentation makes this a great tool. It is easy to create Slides presentations quickly because you can insert charts, pictures, and videos, and copy/paste from other documents with ease.

Google Slides review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"Collaborative, easy, beautiful & cloud-based"

What do you like best?

Google Slides is PowerPoint Lite. It is all cloud-based so you never have to carry around a USB memory stick ever again or worry about compatibility. It is easy to use, intuitive, and accessible from any device. I love being able to work on my Google Slides presentations (which I use almost every day as a teacher) from anywhere! All I need to work is internet access and a device. I can even edit them from my phone if I need to! Possibly the best part about Google Slides, and the reason I require my students to use it when working on group presentation is the sharing and collaboration functions. Just like with all of the other apps on the Google Suite, Google Slides let you share your presentation with anyone, letting you manage the permissions for each user. When I want students to collaborate on a presentation that I've made, I will make it editable. When I need to collaborate with another teacher but let students View Only, I can! Also embedding videos and pictures is super easy!

What do you dislike?

There are far less features than PowerPoint or Keynote, so switching from one to another can be a little tricky at first if you are used to using all of the different functions. However, the benefits far outweigh the inconvenience. Google Slides has everything I need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a collaborative presentation software that can be accessed, edited, and presented from anywhere, use Google Slides!

Collaboration, cloud-based work makes me incredibly mobile!

Google Slides review by Shubham B.
Shubham B.

"An easy , fully cloud based presentation Software"

What do you like best?

I am using G-Suite in my organisation , it is very handy to use Google Slides which is an important component of G-Suite. The most important reason why I use Google slide is because it is free to use. Second reason ,will be because it is web-based ,this way ;eliminating the need for software installations and setup. I really like how easy this program is to use. I

What do you dislike?

Although Google Slides is so easy to use , It's missing some features and capabilities with Microsoft Powerpoint has. Offline working is somehow difficult , I can download a Chrome add-on for this feature, but it does not work nearly as good as the online version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have online presentation sotware . It is so easy , flexible , sharable. If you have any trouble navigating or finding tools, Google always has detailed answers. I use it both at home and for work and the applications are far reaching.

Team collaboration is so easy using Google Slides. I love how it's in the cloud and that anyone can use it as long as they have internet, and the fact you can collaborate.

Google Slides review by Mohd Anas K.
Mohd Anas K.

"One of the best presentation editors is here."

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Google Slides is its compatibility with the user. Importing/Exporting any pdf, powerpoint, graphics, text is very easy. You can easily and quickly upload your work on the internet, also the other best thing about Google Slides is its cloud support. It is supported by cloud which means multiple user can access and share at the same time, which makes team projects easier and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Some features I don’t like in Google Slides like its interface and UI tools. You have a very limited themes to adjust colours. It also has a very limited number of animation, translation and music tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As many of us know, how boring Business meeting and conferences are, Google Slides keeps audience engaged with its unique features like its unique theme, video support. For a beginner, it is highly simplified tool to use.

Since it’s a Google product, it solves many real world business problems, like managing multiples by accessing document from different location at the same time business projects at the same time, which gives you effective use of manpower.

Google Slides review by David S.
David S.

"Using Google Slides Online prensation preperation , easy collaboration "

What do you like best?

Google Slides is an important part of G-Suite . Our organisation is usin g G-Suite and I am loving this.

It has allowed me to develop graphically pleasing Client presentations. It has also made collaborating with others much easier. I like how intuitive is the interface, the available options are mostly easy to use, being able to edit with others in real times is a real time saver.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is bad about this software but few things ceertainly can be improved. The slide designs are not that appealing but nothing worth really complaining about either. I would like it if the import feature could support a few more file formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must try Google Product , Great for collaborations, not as advanced as other platforms such as the Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint, however, still hold the basic features required for presentation.

I am using Google Slides to create presentations online. Shareability with presentations is a huge problem that google slides helps solve. It helps us present information in a easy and visually pleasing way. Simplicity at best.

Google Slides review by Gavin H.
Gavin H.

"A collaboration rich presentation software"

What do you like best?

Google Slides helps you to create quality and easy-to-manage presentations in a collaborative environment. It is just a good working tool without noticeable errors for the daily collaboration work. It easier for all colleagues and students to simultaneously access presentations, without having to worry about the process of emailing the document .

What do you dislike?

There's a limited amount of templates available.

Form Customization is so basic.

Advanced automation rules can be created here.

Keyboard shortcuts we have used to from using Microsoft powerpoint over the years does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must have Google Product , if you are already using G-Suite. A free presentation software with nice features, it comes to a tool with somewhat basic features and can easily be shared and edited, then this is one of your best options.

Yeah, It helped me and my co-workers to make the work more agile and to make more quickly the presentations that we had to complete. In a real-time , I can see changes he has made and can put in comments if I think something should be tweaked or not.

Google Slides review by Abhinav T.
Abhinav T.

"Amazing better than Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

Google Slides have a very long variety of collaboration tools. It if almost free but some features are paid but the price very less around 5-25 dollars. It is online based which is very good in terms of designing ppt. Tight integration with google products which is also a plus point. Real-time co-authoring....It is simple, fast and elegant.. It runs very smoothly on both Web based, Android and ios or it is also available for windows. It also offer hhundreds of themes and fonts for best editing... It also support chromecast and airplay to play ur ppt anytime anywhere.. You can use it in place of Power Point because it is cool....

What do you dislike?

Somtimes has problems translating complex Excel files...Lacks many of Microsoft Office's advanced features... You can't edit it offline which is a great disadvantage... It's extensive formatting optionss is also a minus point of this amazing product.. Otherthing is good but some of the mentioned problems are need to take care by GOOGLE....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google slide is a good option for ur business because it is offered online and can be used anytime anywhere..

It resolves my many business problem like i created a ppt and forgot to take with me so i can easily access that ppt online if i uses google slide. So this is goood for people who have habit to forget things home or anywhere like i do normally.. It can give u more elegant features so use it guys

Google Slides review by Layla B.
Layla B.

"Create your presentations with Google slides "

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use program and very similar to powerpoint, with which we can create slideshows and save them in the cloud, it is an aspect that I love. Google slides has many functions and tools that help me to create more professional presentations, besides that it is free and very accessible to work.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that bothers me about Google slides is very easy to use and it helps me a lot in my work, that is, it is a very complete software and without many complications when using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is a software that is worth trying because it will help you to create slideshows of quality and the best that you will not be very difficult to learn to use. Plus it's free so it won't cost you anything to prove it.

With Google slides you can create presentations from anywhere, share and edit as a team.

It is very useful in my work because it has helped me to create slides with information I want to present and Google slides helps me to show a quality information and to expose what I want to highlight, in order to reach solutions in the company. In addition to that we can create the presentations very fast because it does not have many complications to use Google slides and therefore saves us a lot of time.

Google Slides review by Vishal G.
Vishal G.

"A good alternative to MS Powerpoint not quite as powerful"

What do you like best?

- Cloud based application, comes with GSuite, no worries about installing a software, the entire system going slow because MS Powerpoint is hogging all the memory and definitely no hearburn when it's too expensive to upgrade and get all the cool features every other year or so

- Collaborative - you can work with multiple people on the same deck at the same time, create comments and tag people, assign action items to other people

What do you dislike?

- The application can be sluggish for bigger slide decks especially if there's images, slides load very slowly and it all feels very cumbersome

- Google slides application is not as feature rich as MS Powerpoint. For example, you can modify image or shapes in a thousand ways in MS but in Google Slides you can only add shadows!

Need to collaborate

Everything Cloud

Lack of dependence on software

Google Slides review by Vishal G.
Vishal G.

"A good alternative to MS Powerpoint not quite as powerful"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are heavy into graphics and design please know that there's not that many features available

Need to collaborate

Everything Cloud

Lack of dependence on software

Google Slides review by Ingrid K.
Ingrid K.

"Cloudsaving and collaboration for presentations "

What do you like best?

It is easy to start with if you already have a Google account. Also: It is free to use, and you can learn to work with it very fast. It is just a good working tool without noticeable errors for the daily collaboration work.

What do you dislike?

It only works in the browser because it has no application for a desktop pc. I wish I could work with this tool offline, for example, if I am on the train to work. And some other features are limited. Like the missing feature to import audio data in your presentation. And overall the features for design are not offering the same variety like for example you have with Powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don’t want to spend a lot of money for the offered features, then use this tool with your Google account.

It is used for team presentations by us. With the tool, everybody possesses the newest update of the slides and can even change them. The changes are visible in an instant for the other team members. It even offers nice commendation features.

Google Slides review by Daija L. G.
Daija L. G.

"Great Real Time System"

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of the platform. There's no need to carry a USB, or to make sure every computer that I may be using has the same version of powerpoint. I can share the slides with someone across the world and multiple people can use it at the same time and not worry about the formatting changing or edits being lost.

What do you dislike?

There's actually nothing about Google Slides that I dislike. It's been a great experience using Google Slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! The product has definitely helped our growing non=profit.

I'm able to quickly share and edit documents with coworkers in other offices, and not have to make sure that an edit is saved before another person goes in to look at the project. Seamless collaboration!

Google Slides review by Susanna Y.
Susanna Y.

"Like PowerPoint But Better"

What do you like best?

I like the sharing aspect and cloud storage. I HATE having my computer bogged down by a ton of files. Most of Googles product in general make my life much easier. No more lugging my computer around to other places to present a short training. (Well, let's be honest, I still take mine. It is easier for me to manage.) . But, if I forgot my computer, no problem! Give me a computer and internet and I am ready to go!

What do you dislike?

Nothing: it suits all of my needs and is easy for my students to use in the classroom as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are expecting staff to use this, be sure they are adequately trained and have buy in to the benefits. Some people are stuck in PowerPoint. If they desire to complete their presentations in PowerPoint, you can, for the most part, just upload that to your Google Drive and still open it via Google Slides. I have noticed only a few times where there was an issue with sounds I had added to my presentation not working properly. There is probably some trick to that, but it wasn't important enough for me to search for the solution.

The cloud sharing is superb. You can work on the same presentation as your co-workers if you needed to work in remote locations. You can do basically anything that PowerPoint can do. There are templates that are easy to follow or you can create your own from scratch.

Google Slides review by James S.
James S.

"A true cloud based PowerPoint Alternative "

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use, especially if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint. The best thing that Google Slides has, is the possibility of working online and doing collaborative work. it can easily be shared and hosted online, there is a good amount of features and adding other type of media like videos is easier than other tools.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if the import feature could support a few more file formats. Once you get used to powerpoint, it was a bit harder to switch over to slides and get used to how to do small things like cut/paste, add images, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not using google slides, you are definitely missing out on a lot. It is a must have online presentation software.I would definitely recommend trying it out as a replacement for PowerPoint or Keynote.

Google Slides helps answer collaboration questions without being forced to have a meeting. The most useful part of Google Slides has been having multiple people work on presentations at the same time but from different computers or different locations.

Google Slides review by Diana G.
Diana G.

"Great for portable student and professional presentations"

What do you like best?

I love that it is cloud-based and easily sharable. You don't have to worry about file size or using USB drives to give a presentation anywhere--the only thing you need is internet access. I like how you can use included templates and file layouts to make it a good substitution for Microsoft PowerPoint.

What do you dislike?

Some included templates are not very "snazzy." You have to search for and download additional designs, which can be inconvenient if you don't like the provided templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are useful templates for making other items like posters or brochures, not just presentations.

This helps my students use the notes function so that they can have Google slides pulled up on their phone and (using Chromecast) can project it on a classroom TV or Smartboard while looking at their own slide notes on their phone. It gives students control over timing and since they can read off their phone instead of turning around and trying to read of slides or notecards, it makes for a more seamless and audience-connected presentation.

Google Slides review by Becca G.
Becca G.

"Great Powerpoint alternative, best way to collaboratively develop slides for a group project"

What do you like best?

The ability to access my slides from anywhere, develop and edit the slides collaboratively for school and work group projects, and ability to share the slides via a link and control level of access. I frequently share slides links with View Only access to workshop attendees, for example. It's much easier than attaching a ppt file, which may be too large an attachment for many email programs.

What do you dislike?

The animations programming is not very user-friendly and the template background options are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can upload an existing ppt file and convert to Slides to edit and share the file.

For group work, I highly recommend sharing through individual Gmail addresses rather than just through a link. With individual Gmail sign-ins, it is possible to check who contributed or edited what in the work by looking over the version history.

I frequently share slides links with View Only access to workshop attendees. It's much easier than attaching a ppt file, which may be too large an attachment for many email programs.

I access my Slides from any computer with an internet connection rather than having to have a flash drive with me or deal with unwieldy One Drive versions of ppt files.

Google Slides review by Phuong L.
Phuong L.

"I use Google Slide during my Ph.D program and for teaching General Biology "

What do you like best?

I like google slide because i can edit my file anwhere and with any computer with internet access. At the same time, the Google Slide is very similar with Microsoft Powerpoint that I have in my computer. I also do not have to worry that my file getting too big and too heavy and there is potential that the file will crash. Google slide also automatically backup my file for me so I do not have to click save every 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Even though Google slide interface is very similar to Microsoft powerpoint. However, Google slide is not as nice as powerpoint. There are many functions that were not available with Google Drive, and the editing on Google Slide take a long time. Google slide interface is not as user-friendly as Powerpoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for students

I am using Google Slide to set up lesson plan for General Biology class, additionally, I am using Google Drive to complete my presentations.

Google Slides review by Kelsey A.
Kelsey A.

"Very Similar to Powerpoint"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use, especially if you are familiar with Microsoft Powerpoint. Like all Google Drive documents, it is very convenient that you collaborate with colleagues or classmates on projects without having to always transfer updated documents between one another. The fact that Google Drive auto saves is AMAZING.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike to this program. The only downside I guess I could note is it is very similar to Powerpoint, so many people will not want to use this over that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is incredibly easy to use, especially if you know and operate Microsoft Powerpoint. Great for use in office situations where presentations are worked on by many individuals at once. Real time editing is great and the auto save function is always a useful resource.

It is easy to transfer documents between coworkers. This has been especially helpful for staff meetings when I need to update slides for everyone, but my computer is not used to present the slides. This way I am not worried about the email not getting there in time.

Google Slides review by Jorge D.
Jorge D.

"Google Slides From the cloud"

What do you like best?

Great way to create slides everywhere, Friendly Interface, a lot of templates, fonts, designs.

It´s possible to export slides as .ppt and open them in Power Point or different formats

All changes will be saved inmediately

It´s not necessary to install any software

It´s possible to convert slides to Power Point

Compatible with Chromecast Hangouts and Airplay

Edits are tracked by user with a revision history presenting changes.

You can regulate what users can do by managing permissions.

Updates are applied automatically.

The user interface is very simple which is useful if you are accesing from low-speed connections.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when my internet connection is slow, it´s very difficult to work on it.

They need to consider to add more templates for slides

They should increase the storage capacity

The Technical Support could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to access it from everywhere

You can export and save files in different formats

You can share files with your colleagues and all changes will be saved in real-time

We use it in my company and we can share slides in order to work together.

We can open them easily from our mobile phones or tablets

I don´t need to install any software because it´s cloud-hosted

We can open the slides in Power point easily

You can download the app for Android or IOS and synchronize the files, which has helped our co-workers to access files from the airport, hotel or while they´re travelling.

Google Slides review by Zane P.
Zane P.

"We can create more effective work together."

What do you like best?

I guess that I have a chance to present fresh ideas to the audience. I have the opportunity to use are many themes or embedded videos, animation, and other methods. Believe me, guys all of this wonderful tools are free.

What do you dislike?

I don't have so much bad issue with this product but I can say that it is work little bit slower. That's all that needs to be updated. Actually, the program gives a lot of for presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually, it is wonderful software which makes a great presentation for you and for all company. You will have the ability to make a slide presentation for an audience which will be very effective. Definitely, I recommend it to all.

We are working with a comfortable translation which is really nice. We also have the great ability to show slides on any kind of screens. It is wonderful to use all of this with no wires. We like that software Google Slides can support Chromecast and AirPlay. We have very good experience to use it.

Google Slides review by Deborah W.
Deborah W.

"Best online collaborative presentation"

What do you like best?

Collaborative presentations, really great for group project, also, can see the progress of the presentation. I truly enjoy the collaborative part of the Google Slides. It allows you to work with people from multiple locations. This application is making it easier for all colleagues and students to simultaneously access presentations, without having to worry about the process of emailing the document .

What do you dislike?

Althgouh simplicity is at best , There's a limited amount of templates available, so of course, that can always be a source for limiting possibilities.Also some keyboard shortcuts we are used to from using powerpoint over the years does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work remote, on the go or from an office I would recommend that google slides is the best cloud based option to go with. This comes almost free with G-Suite subscription . It is just one click away from your Gmail interface.

We are using slides to present at conferences. It's a quick and easy solution to get ideas down and a good way to create and share simple presentations .

Google Slides review by Patricio B.
Patricio B.

"And incredible tool"

What do you like best?

The best thing that Google Slides has, is the possibility of working online and doing collaborative work. In my day to day, I usually create presentations and share them with my peers, who, not only can make comments, but also changes, which improves our workflow, since it optimizes our time.

Finally, I must add the ability to use all web sources of GoogleWebFonts, is very used by me, since it allows me to improve the overall design of the presentation. On several occasions, I have been praised for the use of different types of sources as it helps me to bring good presentation design to my peers.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it looks too much like MS PowerPint. Which limits this tool a bit.

another thing that I do not like very much is that you can not import or edit files in SVG format. It's amazing that Google Slides does not have support for SVG. I think it's an urgent feature, because many designers are currently using programs in that format (Vectr, Figma, Sketch etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend use the comments tool because they are very useful when requesting feedback. I also recommend the use of real-time editing, since it can greatly help the workflow of a team that has to make a presentation.

Solved the problem of slow delivery of presentations.

It helped me and my co-workers to make the work more agile and to make more quickly the presentations that we had to show to the members of the board of directors of my company.

Google Slides review by Celia H.
Celia H.

"Intuitive and FREE alternative to PPT"

What do you like best?

Like other Google Apps this is free, automatically syncs across devices and saves on its own - all a win-win for me.

What do you dislike?

There are some formatting errors that can occur when sharing but they are usually minor and easily solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you prefer to use Google Products or you need to have something that syncs across your devices that is free to use as opposed to the Microsoft 365 Suite then I would highly recommend trying this out. It takes a little getting used to if you are coming from Microsoft PPT but it is ultimately very intuitive and useful.

I use Google Slides for nearly all of my staff meetings, because I can share it with my coworker who helps me lead the meeting we can work jointly on this even if we are not working on it together. I can see changes he has made and can put in comments if I think something should be tweaked or not.

Google Slides review by Alicia T.
Alicia T.

"Students love Google Slides"

What do you like best?

As with all Google products, I love the autosave and ease of access of Google Slides. I also like the variety of options to customize each slideshow. I often have students create vocabulary slideshows that include the word, its definition, a sentence using the word, and a picture to match. Students enjoy completing this assignment on Google Slides vs traditional paper/pencil work.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I have found is with searching images. If you use the insert image and search feature within Google slides, rather than searching images from a new Google search engine tab, you must have some decent searching skills or results will not appear. I often have to tell students to NOT type in the word they are wanting an image to match, but rather type in something that word makes them imagine. Instead of "fastidious," students might type in "picky eater," as an example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The load time is faster than with Microsoft PowerPoint, and the slides can always be saved as a PDF or other compatible file type. Be careful, however, if you are creating a slide to upload to Blackboard. Blackboard is picky and prefers Microsoft products.

When students are creating slideshows, they are engaged. Student engagement is always an educator's goal because the only way students are learning is if they are engaged.

Google Slides review by Shawn L.
Shawn L.

"Presentations made easier on the cloud"

What do you like best?

It is a quick method to create slides regardless of working in a team or alone, the integration with Google tools means it can easily be shared and hosted online, there is a good amount of features and adding other type of media like videos is easier than other tools.

What do you dislike?

It is slower than the other Google tools including a auto-save feature that works less often, working with images can be a small hassle and formatting options are a little harder to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Slides is free and has nice features including team editing. When it comes to a tool with somewhat basic features and can easily be shared and edited, then this is one of your best options.

I have been using Google Slides for making presentations to share between coworkers and clients. Since finished documents are easy to share online, it makes it useful mostly considering the compatibility for different devices.

Learning about Google Slides?

* We monitor all Google Slides reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.