Google Voice

Google Voice gives you one number for all your phones

Work for Google Voice?

Learning about Google Voice?

Google Voice Reviews

Ask Google Voice a Question
Showing 49 Google Voice reviews
Google Voice review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Good Service"

What do you like best?

I use Google Voice on a regular basis for both calling and messaging. One of my favorite things about Google Voice is that you have the choice to either choose to use your current phone number or to pick a new phone number - a phone number of your choice! I love that about Google Voice. Especially since I live in one state and have a large pool of customers in another state, Google Voice has allowed me to now have a number with an area code that I chose, from the area in which I don't live but have a lot of customers. I also like that Google Voice has many features to choose from - another of my favorites is that you have the option of having incoming calls be answered directly or having the caller have to first announce their name - which you can listen to before deciding whether or not to answer/accept the incoming call - a great way to screen those unsolicited marketing calls.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to dislike about Google Voice. Honestly, the only thing that I have found to dislike about Google Voice is that the application tends to crash on a pretty regular basis. While it doesn't usually crash during a phone call - when browsing the application or sending messages, it does tend to crash out of nowhere often - causing you to have to restart what you were doing and send a crash report (which is optional).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Voice for those people who want to be able to choose and customize their own phone number - whether you want to pick your area code or pick a phone number that has numbers that spell out a word that goes along with your business or that is memorable to customers - it is such a unique application.

Google Voice allows me to screen those unsolicited calls by having the incoming caller announce their name before I choose whether or not to accept the call. This saves a lot of time that was wasted on answering and dealing with those frustrating marketing calls. Google Voice also allows me the option of having all voicemail messages transcribed and sent to my email! This is so essential for business, having those voicemail messages that need to be passed on to another person or coworker now able to be forwarded in the form of an email - before Google Voice, those messages would have had to be typed out in an email before being able to be passed on to a coworker.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Voice
Google Voice review by Lucas H.
Lucas H.

"I adore Google Voice - a very powerful personal communications tool"

What do you like best?

Google Voice is a wonderful product that works across multiple devices seamlessly. I have it installed on two different iPhones, on several computers as a Chrome extension and, most recently, on a Kindle Fire. As an app on my phones and Kindle, Google Voice provides me free text messaging and a central point for communications. GV is great website because a user can leverage Google search feature. It's so easy to find old text messages or phone calls. And, I enjoyed picking a phone number that was not in my local area code. I love that, if someone calls me and leaves a message, GV transcribes the message, shows it as a text and also sends me an email with the voice message and transcription. Finally, the ability to sync devices and phone numbers, take calls inside gmail, customize rings and messages based on who is calling, record calls and save texts forever make Google Voice an integrated and integral central communications hub.

What do you dislike?

Google Voice does not allow for sending short codes or pictures. It can receive pictures, however the actual image is sent to the user's email account. I do not believe the iphone app has been updated in quite some time. It's still very functional, however it doesn't have the robustness of the web version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many web to text products in the market. If reporting is important to you, Google Voice may not be the best solution. My company opted not to use Google Voice, however I've used the product since 2009, and I believe it's a wonder solution for a small business. Google Voice is free and provides so, so much user power, flexibility and customization.

I send text messages directly from the Chrome extension while I'm working. This saves me time (because I'm typing on a keyboard) and lets me respond without checking my phone (which can be a distraction).

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

Google Voice review by Lauren T. M.
Lauren T. M.

"Lifesaver- couldn't teach without it"

What do you like best?

Keeping my cell number private for work related calls, being able to text from the computer, saving different voicemails, checking call logs, easily blocking numbers, being able to save and forward voice messages, visual voicemail transcription

What do you dislike?

Inability to send MMS and that some callers get sent to spam for no reason

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely reserve a Google voice number. It is useful for more than just business. Google Voice is great as a "disposable" phone number for telemarketers, etc. I use it for all my savings cards, like grocery rewards cards. I give it to websites needing a phone number. It allows me to keep my number safe. It also allows me to keep my personal cell phone number private. I frequently use my cell to speak with students and love the fact that I can keep my personal number private.

For work, the ability to see my own call logs easily, block numbers, forward voice messages, save and change voicemail, use Do Not Disturb, star messages, see messages transcribed with visual voicemail, easily link or unlink a phone, set up voicemails specific to certain callers, and text from the computer are all things I couldn't live without in my line of work.

Keeping my cell number private for work related calls; setting boundaries and feeling more private, being able to save voice messages to avoid recording a new one each time

Google Voice review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Google Voice gives you a free phone number. Super useful. You can use that extra phone number as a phone number to use for listing on websites, filtering calls, and not having to worry about giving out your main phone number. It is quite convenient and useful. It also transcribes voicemails and emails them to you.

What do you dislike?

Google Voice is very limited in its use. There is not a lot of other uses for it. It has not really progressed over the years. The voice mails are also not 100% accurate either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth using. Not a lot to the product but very useful nonetheless.

It is free and very useful to have an additional phone number you can use and list on websites. It allows you to have a business phone number without paying for an additional phone and phone line. I haven't used much of the customization but it does what I need it to do.

Google Voice review by Ashley L.
Ashley L.

"Good for personal use"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to send and receive texts from my computer. I can keep working without stopping to check my phone for work related texts.

What do you dislike?

If you send a group message, any responses will come in individually and not everyone on the message will receive responses. This is best for single messages. Overall, a user could just use a group chat for better functionality.

Additionally, not every phone number will carry over, so you'll have to sign up for a number that's available on Voice (some phone numbers will transfer over, and you can check all texts on Voice).

The interface is pleasing and the computer notifications are great. While there are issues that I'd like to see fixed with Google Voice, overall it's a very helpful tool.

Google Voice review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Great system"

What do you like best?

I utilize Google Voice for my business, I love that it seamlessly integrates with my phone, I can text, and I can set "sleeping" hours for it to not ring when my office isn't open. I also love that I can transfer who the calls forward to based on who's in the office (if I go on vacation).

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that I can't send MMS messages,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It hasn't been updated in eons, and I worry they may add it to the list of apps they no longer offer, which would be a huge shame because I'd pay for the service as part of google apps for business.

It enables me to separate my business from my personal life without the hassle of having a dedicated phone line, especially the costs associated with setting up that kind of phone network to work in all the places I go and enable me to easily swap it to my one employee when I go on vacation.

Google Voice review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Love Google Voice, Perfect for a remote working and having a US cell number"

What do you like best?

I love having a US cell number that is free to call and text anywhere in the United States and just add credit to call anywhere in the world.

The Google Voice system works just like a normal cell phone number on Wifi/mobile data, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world and you can also do everything from a google hangout app on your phone or the google voice website on your desktop.

Google voice also have the ability to easily send out text messages in a text message blast campaign linked up with Google Sheets.

What do you dislike?

I would this service to be available overseas with the ability to get a local number in each country, but otherwise, i can't complain about a free awesome service like google voice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

opening this up to different countries, is it so much better than having a local sim number or porting numbers to skype

Easy communication with clients in the USA, I can send them a text message to come to their computer to review website changes I've made or be easily contacted by them.

Google Voice review by Mina H.
Mina H.

"Very Good App but could be better"

What do you like best?

1- It's from Google so it would be reliable and not a scam

2- Get me a US number

3- Route incoming calls to my SIM card number

4- Reasonable Price for international calls

What do you dislike?

1- Fake rings, regardless if the phone is off or out of coverage area or ringing you will always hear ring as if the phone it ringing which is totally frustrating and un reliable

2- Lake of VOIP feature

3- Poor iPhone UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please fix the fake ring problem, make sure if the phone is busy i hear busy tone, if closed i should hear a proper message

(PS. This is for calling Egyptian Mobile number from my google voice number) not sure if this is the case for US numbers

Also if you made it cheaper it will be much appreciated.

You are Google so i believe that you have the enough resource to enhance the iPhone application user interface make it more usable.

1-Keeping my number private

2- Making cheap international call

Google Voice review by Edward M. V.
Edward M. V.

"It was innovative once, but its development has stagnated."

What do you like best?

Google Voice does a mostly competent job of routing phone calls from a single inbound number to multiple numbers of your choice. It can announce calls, filter unwanted calls, and transcribe voice mails.

Once upon a time use of software like this (a similar product was "Wildfire") was exotic, and I was an early user of Google Voice back in that era. Now it seems that the system isn't so new anymore.

What do you dislike?

The product seems to be in a Google stasis, with no particular further innovation or changes for a number of years. It's still plenty reliable, but because it's not still evolving you wonder if Google is bored of it and fear that Google will abandon it having served its purpose.

Google users remember the experience of investing time in Google Reader only to find that Google stopped caring, and there's a genuine fear that Google Voice will suffer the same fate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look at open source SIP products like Kamailio as a platform for taking on the challenge of routing calls and handling voicemail for an organization.

I needed a stable voicemail platform that transcribed messages, and Google Voice does a good job of that. It's good for inbound calling, and if you are careful you can avoid unneeded toll costs with its use.

Google Voice review by Emily Penfold D.
Emily Penfold D.

"Great for business and personal needs"

What do you like best?

I like the privacy and mobility the google voice affords. It allows me to do business and networking without the concern of giving out my direct phone number. The voicemail text version is helpful when I'm on the road for work and cannot get to my phone. It has been helpful for travel out of my usual area and when I wouldn't otherwise have cell service.

What do you dislike?

I would like to to appear on my phone during cal forwarding that the call is coming from voice. I do not know until answering the call if it is from google voice, then it also doesn't let me know if it is a call from a specific forwarded number, which would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you travel internationally, or prefer to have a separate phone number for your business this is a great alternative. Be sure you are calling back and texting back through the google voice app and not your main number.

Mobility and a business phone without the need or cost of another line.

Google Voice review by Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.

"Useful and FREE phone number"

What do you like best?

I have been using Google Voice for over 7 years. I use it for my website contact number as well as for online forms (to prevent spam). I like that the service is free, easy to use and has customization features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the voicemail transcripts are not accurate but I understand that they are computerized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found this service to be the best option for me. I would recommend using Google Voice phone number for both commercial and personal reasons.

Google voice helps to keep unwanted spam and callers out of my personal phone.

Google Voice review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"Google Voice: Your International Contact Number!!!"

What do you like best?

Google voice helps out with providing a international phone number. People can call you using this number and leave voice mails to you!

We do not have to reply on a network provider to give us a Phone number while we are visiting out. But Keeping this Google based phone number can help others to reach us anytime!

I am happy to have a Google voice number and I can provide this number to my friends who can call me anytime.

What do you dislike?

Google voice number can not be easily used with text messaging services. I tried to use my Google voice number with whatsapp but it did not work.

If we can use Google voice number with text messaging service, it would be really helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to receive calls online, Google voice is one of best available solution. Even if you have less budget, you can register for Google voice to get the incoming calls right away!

I got the google voice number so that my clients in the USA can easily call me. My number is USA based and people can dial this number easily from USA. Google helps me getting the calls from this number even If i am in a different part of the world.

Google Voice review by Christopher R.
Christopher R.

"One of the best products available for free"

What do you like best?

The ability to receive calls and have it ring my work phone, my computer, my cell phone, and any other phone I connect is AMAZING. I really appreciate the ability to screen some of my phone calls and the ability to have my voicemails automatically transcribed for me. It makes my life so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app on android causes some glitches like sometimes when it's attempting to route the call through google voice it does not allow the call to go out and puts itself in a loop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use google voice to make it so you can pick a phone number for yourself to call all of your lines simultaneously and have your voicemails transcribed for you.

I am solving the problem that I can use multiple phones to answer the same call.

Google Voice review by User in Computer Software

"International Calling Unusable"

What do you like best?

That you can have one single phone number for life, and you can forward to that number as you see fit.

What do you dislike?

That international calling (at least to Central and Latin America has become unusable. How can you justify that 1) it works correctly for the first 30 seconds, then after that the recording of the conversation from the other party replays constantly in a loop, and you keep responding until you realize that this is just a recording of the first 30 seconds. How can you justify that? If you have a bad connection, I understand having a distorted or intermittent sound, but having a recorded conversation fragment repeated in an infinite loop is unjustifiable, and this has been going on for two years, but now it is unusable, and 2) sometimes you cannot even get a connection, but whether you get a connection or not, or whether the conversation recording repeats itself, you try the same call via Whatsapp and it works like a charm !. So i am no longer using Google and have gone to T-Mobile which has an impecable connection and quality.

Having one single phone number for the life of the business.

Google Voice review by Kenneth J.
Kenneth J.

"I love it! Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact hat I don’t have to use my device’s original number and I can use Google Voice as my business number.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I crashes on my iPhone. Works smoothly on Android.

It allows me to screen calls, do conference calls, and record calls as well.

Google Voice review by Dan T.
Dan T.

"Delete is removed"

What do you like best?

I like the free number and phone use over WiFi.

I use it more then I use my main phone number.

It's perfect for sending and receiving Text Messages.

What do you dislike?

For some CRAZY reason, the new Google Voice removed the delete button.

The reason it is needed is, say someone texts you something you find offensive or you just don't want it on your phone... You can Archive it, but you can't delete it unless you use the "Legacy Google Voice" online.

Someone dropped the ball on the new build!

I would like Google Voice to put the delete button back in their program

Google Voice review by Wilfredo C.
Wilfredo C.

"Latest version of the web site broke a key feature"

What do you like best?

Multiple phones, one number. Keeps personal and business separate on one phone.

What do you dislike?

Used to allow dialing an arbitrary phone no. and choosing which of my phones to use for the call. The latest update to the web site broke this.

Copy a number from an email and paste it to GV to be called using my choice of desk or mobile phone.

Google Voice review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"An easy way to communicate"

What do you like best?

That I can send and receive text messages and phone calls without giving out my personal phone number.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I have my Google Voice number forwarded to my cellphone it does not ring and goes straight to voicemail.

It is very easy to setup and use. It send transcribed text messages when a voicemail has been left.

Google Voice review by Hannah M.
Hannah M.

"Decent service, good for work"

What do you like best?

We use this to message providers for patients, it is a nice, free, easy service to use.

What do you dislike?

Not the best layout. Sometimes you have to search for the name if an earlier text was sent to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a nice service to have to use for company communication, and is free.

This is an easy way for us to get a hold of the physicians when needed, and quickly receive responses.

Google Voice review by Lee W.
Lee W.

"Small Business Phone System"

What do you like best?

Having a secondary phone number comes in handy for an email signature or business cards and I love the transcription of voicemail to email!

What do you dislike?

Google voice is not a stand alone phone system. You need a mobile or landline that can receive calls for the Google Voice number

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great phone solutions for small business, start ups or freelancers who want a dedicated business phone line for minimal investment.

Google Voice provides a dedicated phone number for marketing purposes and provides the ability to send as receive phone call/text messages from the Google number.

Google Voice review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Google Voice Review"

What do you like best?

I was able to have an alternate number to give to clients instead of giving them my personal phone number.

What do you dislike?

That at times it would randomly sign me out of the app. This became difficult if I needed to make a phone call from this number. I also would turn off the app on weekends but work calls would still come through.

My company not providing work cell phones.

Google Voice review by Nicole A.
Nicole A.

"Call Forwarding, Voicemail Transcription: Excellent"

What do you like best?

Google Voice brings almost all of my communication needs into one pipeline. I barely have cell reception in my office, I don't have a home phone number, and I keep strange hours. By primarily using my Google Voice number and forwarding calls to both locations, I maximize the possibility that I will be reached.

The voice mail transcripts allow me to "get" my calls, even if I am in a meeting (and don't mind checking my phone). The transcription works fairly well, depending on the accent and background noise on the call. I usually don't need to listen to the call itself.

What do you dislike?

There is almost nothing I dislike. I am "using" it constantly, but rarely use the interface. This means that I am not very familiar with the features and settings - especially when they are changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is $20 to port over a number from a cell phone company - this has been absolutely worth it.

Unfortunately, it is associated with a Google account that does not have the majority of my contacts in it. This means that setting up the calling rules for different groups of people is less effective than it otherwise could be.

Google Voice provides the ability to be reached at multiple locations - or not to be reached by the wrong people. When moving across the country, I was torn between getting a new "local" number and maintaining the phone number I had for years. Moving my old number to Google Voice allowed me to do both.

Google Voice review by Maeghyn T.
Maeghyn T.

"Mostly reliable"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to forward the line to anywhere

What do you dislike?

Can at times be a little unreliable, it will sometimes not forward to our voicemail

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for trial and error, at the start it can be a little difficult, but once you have it all figured out it is great.

We often move sites, as we have multiple sites, and having a google number insures we have constant way to contact us.

Google Voice review by User in Internet

"Google Voice- The good, the bad, the ugly"

What do you like best?

Google Voice Likes:

it is compatible across multiple devices

it is free, to an extent

constantly working out bugs and kinks

offers feedback options and ratings

ease of use

allows for an additional phone number and voicemail

transcription services for call

offers phone screening service

works like a mobile phone service

What do you dislike?

Dislikes:

price points for international cost

user has to stay signed in to use

requires a gmail account

works best on Google platforms (i.e. Chrome browser)

requires app download, for mobile accessibility

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google voice requires becoming integrated with other Google services and platforms, if that is not your desire, then Google Voice may not be the best service for you.

Google voice offers the ability for chat, hangout, and phone services all in one place which allows business communication to be aggregated in one place.It is beneficial in being able to setup local numbers for remote business opportunities and connections. The transcription service is beneficial in documenting and recording calls.

Google Voice review by Garrett O.
Garrett O.

"Another solid product from Google"

What do you like best?

Google Voice is just about everything you need in a free VoIP client, and a simple way to get one of many available phone numbers. I turn to Google Voice for most of my business communications, and it routes everything through my phone so I don't have to work through apps/desktop clients.

What do you dislike?

Rendering the hangouts pop-up when you want to make a call can be quite frustrating, and of course lack of support for long distance is something to live with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No new accounts for those already on Google Apps, go for it no questions asked.

I don't want to give my personal phone number to potential clients, and Google Voice allows me to retain a degree of separation while keeping everything in my browser.

Google Voice review by Summer H.
Summer H.

"Very useful"

What do you like best?

Google voice is reliable and all spoken word is clear.

What do you dislike?

Having to download an app to get full use of it.

Have not had an issue and it extremely helpful as so I'm not giving out my personal phone number for business purposes.

Google Voice review by Cherisse M.
Cherisse M.

"I really miss this service!"

What do you like best?

I loved using it for texting. I used my google voice number as my main mobile line using VoIP for almost a year. I like the transcribed voicemail it offered. It was great for international calling too

What do you dislike?

It's no longer availabe it seems. Hangouts are great, but I miss having a phone number

I was not using this for business, only personal

Google Voice review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Google is great! Though not in this case. "

What do you like best?

I liked that I was able to get another number to use. I really really liked this actually, but I wish it was easier to use.

What do you dislike?

I hated the set up. It is confusing, very confusing and the support lacks, just like most Google products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else, it's very difficult to understand how to use this, screen calls, and forward calls, and get it all connected to your Google account. I could never figure out how to get my computer to stop ringing when I was logged into to Gmail when I received a call. There are much better solutions out in the market.

Secondary business phone.

Google Voice review by Ellen K.
Ellen K.

"Convenient way to stay in touch without your mobile phone"

What do you like best?

I like that Google Voice assigns you a U.S. phone number based on what we'd like to choose from available numbers in selected area codes. It's also awesome that it's free!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the account could also assign you an international phone number for when you're overseas and would like to be reached via the international number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Voice is a decent application to use. However, for overseas use you might consider other apps.

There are currently no business problems I've had to solve with this product. However, I could see how it could be useful for business.

Google Voice review by User in Logistics and Supply Chain
User in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Have been using Google Voice for years "

What do you like best?

My absolute favorite part is that you can read voicemails via email. They are displayed as a text. You can also read text messages on your email, or via the google voice account. So if you lose access to your phone, you can still check voicemails or text messages. You can also send texts from your email as well. Placing free calls abroad is great too!

What do you dislike?

I get a lot of emails since every text is emailed to me as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your emails from good voice go to its own folder since there are so many.

Being able to read voicemails without having to get up and leave my desk to be able to hear them.

Google Voice review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"The Best Calling Service to Receive and Place Calls"

What do you like best?

The ability to place and receive phone calls on your phone,email, text on any brower on your phone, block any phone numbers you wish, and call forwarding to any phone line.

What do you dislike?

Only downfall i noticed, that there is no customer Service, other then that everything is TOP NOTCH!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best service you will find on the internet for a secondary line.

Using this as my call forwarding/voicemail for my business.

Google Voice review by User

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

I love that I can separate business and personal life by using Google Voice.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have errors where my messages do not go through or my calls are not sent through immediately. This doesn't happen very often but when it does happen it is extremely disappointing.

Most of my employees did not like having to communicate using their own telephone numbers and Google Voice gives us a way to separate business and personal life.

Google Voice review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"I've been a user since this was GrandCentral"

What do you like best?

GV is integrated with my Android phone. I use my GV number for everything. Call screening is awesome! Other features I have grown to love - voicemail transcription, caller blocking, call screening, personalized greeting, SMS, and international calling.

What do you dislike?

GV to GV calls have been a little shaky lately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GV allows you to have one phone number across multiple devices and there are a ton of features like call screening, VM translated to text, integration with Android phones, etc. It's a great service for FREE.

I'm a recruiter and GV allows me to have one phone number across multiple devices.

Google Voice review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Getting There"

What do you like best?

Google Voice offers some great features like being able to block calls and texts from specific numbers, forwarding calls to different phones, and transcribing and sending you voicemails. I also like how all your calls and messages are visual and laid out like a Gmail inbox. It is a decent service that will hopefully get better as they integrate it with the new Google Hangouts.

What do you dislike?

The service is a little clunky and in need of Google update to bring it in line with their newer products. The transcribed voicemails are neat, but are often inaccurate, it would be nice to see them as accurate as Google Now's voice transcription. Their iOS app also need to be updated visually and with more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Voice is another decent free service from Google. It could use some work and updating, but it is a good start and I think it will only get better.

Google Voice review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Google Voice is great for keeping minutes down if you don't have unlimited"

What do you like best?

My employees often ask for a phone stipend, and Google Voice saves me a lot of money when I refer people to create accounts and start calling from their computers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could use Google Voice completely (instead of a phone plan) and not need a wifi connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you don't have unlimited minutes. It's free, so why not use it!?

All of my employees use Google Voice in order to call each other and clients (instead of their personal cell phones).

Google Voice review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Call USA & Canada Free"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can use Google Voice to make a call from my computer to a telephone # anywhere in the US & Canada for free.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I see with Google Voice is that I cannot make international calls for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Google Voice to all users who want to take advantage of the free phone service available when calling anywhere within the US and Canada.

Making calls with the computer is crucial especially when your main business phone lines are down and there is no cell phone reception in your office.

Google Voice review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Awesome for Small Call Center Filtering"

What do you like best?

In an insurance agency every phone call means potential money, and so you don't want to miss anything. Although we have a general phone number my agents and myself cannot always be in the office. I created a google voice account to have a phone number to forward to then Google filters that call out to all my agents so someone will be available at all times. This is great.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that there aren't enough filters to filter out specific numbers or area codes as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't looked into Google Voice try it out. It is free and a great way to manage calls.

Google Voice review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Free phone number, great for potential spam!"

What do you like best?

They give you a free phone number, and when I signed up I was able to choose my number, which was great because I was able to get a corny vanity number that has my name in it. It's got great text messaging built in to their web app so you can send out bulk text messages easily. I also give this phone number to potential spammers so they can still call me, but so that I can quickly set a "send straight to voicemail" directive which makes them go straight to voicemail.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. A free number with tons of awesome features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Google Voice review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Free local Area Code"

What do you like best?

what's not to like about a free phone number that can link to any other phone you like anywhere? I also like that I can use visual voice mail, block numbers, change the phone it rings to and retrieve my messages from any computer.

What do you dislike?

The old version let you upload mp3 songs to any number you wanted so callers could hear what you loaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, it's FREE

Not having to change phone numbers when I moved locations. I got a local area code that works on my non local phone.

Google Voice review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Interesting But Limited Potential"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can actually CHOOSE your telephone number and send text messages from your Google account. The mobile app compatibility is also a major benefit.

What do you dislike?

Not as many experienced users as on Skype so you may have to convince your contacts to start using this before it's of much use to you! There's also no presence abroad with the requirement of having to have a US number. Not clear that there are that many advantages over a cell phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If doing much international communication, Skype is probably the better way to go. For communication only within the US, Google Voice might be a good option.

Google Voice review by Charysse S.
Charysse S.

"Not a Skype Substitute"

What do you like best?

Don't get me wrong,it works well for conference calls. But it is not as powerful or international as Skype. You can call and text! Yes, text!

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more international. I like Google products at work but it keeps things pretty local.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add it to your line of Google products.

Google Voice review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Cheap and well built"

What do you like best?

Google voice is a platform which offers you internet calling. The best part if the fact that you can call any mobile phone number or landline in the world at a push of a button. The service is cheap and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are not many people who use it yet. This stops us from being able to call other users free of charge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account and make sure you use it often.

Google Voice review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome voice service that requires no cellular connection"

What do you like best?

Google Voice works over WiFi or other data connection. You can make clear phone calls and even text message. Separate phone number than your primary line. Can turn on and off very easily and even make Google Voice your primary texting/voice line.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use over WiFI

Google Voice review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Coming Along, With Great Options, But Not There Yet"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can have one number, and choose it myself is very helpful. Also, since I work from home, the ability to have that number ring to my desk and cell is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is more of a concern, and that is when they start charging, what's that cost going to be compared to other services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a handy tool to have for those that just want one number, but it can also be trying at times. It's worth a try now that it's free, but don't get hooked as we don't know when the costs are going to get above 0.

Google Voice review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Great Alternative to SMS"

What do you like best?

Google Voice is an okay alternative to Skype and paid telephone services, and the fact that you can choose your own number is a plus, but the real value in Google Voice is being able to send text messages to other "real" phone numbers for free.

What do you dislike?

The Google Voice app for iOS is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up and grab your vanity phone number (i.e. 555-I-AM-COOL) but don't expect to stop paying AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint for phone services.

Google Voice review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Great tool for calling. However not as international as Skype"

What do you like best?

Google voice started in the US and didnt really take off anywhere else. If you are in the US i can see it power where you pull all numbers into one number, however in the uk you have to have a US number.

What do you dislike?

No UK numbers. Failed to lauch in Europe.

Skype far bigger footprint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are only in the US its fantastic.

If not try Skype

Google Voice review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent for Business Users With Personal Cell Phones"

What do you like best?

I am able to provide a phone number to my customers and when they call it, it comes to my cell phone, but it is not my actual cell phone, allowing me to turn off the feature should I need to.

What do you dislike?

It can be a pain to get set-up, and no iPhone support (or very limited support), so it can be problematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Voice is a great, free way to have multiple phone numbers on a single phone.

Google Voice review by Allyson T.
Allyson T.

"Vanity Phone Numbers"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Google Voice is the option to choose your own phone number. And it's great to have another option to respond to text messages when your iPhone is updating/syncing. Other than that, it's just a shiny toy.

What do you dislike?

Unless you're cheap your cell phone service is a better option for phone calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account. Grab a vanity phone number. But you probably won't use it much.

Google Voice review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Great voice collaboration tool! (privacy too)"

What do you like best?

Google Voice is awesome--it gives you a dedicated phone number and voicemail system that can bring all your different phone numbers into a single "queue". It also allows for texting and making calls from your specific number. This is great for privacy too as you can have a throw away number that doesn't trace back to you. Truly an innovative product!

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to get the mobile app too in order to completely take advantage of the features.

Learning about Google Voice?

* We monitor all Google Voice reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.