Google Voice

Google Voice gives you one number for all your phones

Work for Google Voice?
Talkdesk 2x

Learning about Google Voice?

Google Voice Reviews

Showing 49 Google Voice reviews
Google Voice review by User in Banking
User in Banking

Good Service

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I use Google Voice on a regular basis for both calling and messaging. One of my favorite things about Google Voice is that you have the choice to either choose to use your current phone number or to pick a new phone number - a phone number of your choice! I love that about Google Voice. Especially since I live in one state and have a large pool of customers in another state, Google Voice has allowed me to now have a number with an area code that I chose, from the area in which I don't live but have a lot of customers. I also like that Google Voice has many features to choose from - another of my favorites is that you have the option of having incoming calls be answered directly or having the caller have to first announce their name - which you can listen to before deciding whether or not to answer/accept the incoming call - a great way to screen those unsolicited marketing calls.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to dislike about Google Voice. Honestly, the only thing that I have found to dislike about Google Voice is that the application tends to crash on a pretty regular basis. While it doesn't usually crash during a phone call - when browsing the application or sending messages, it does tend to crash out of nowhere often - causing you to have to restart what you were doing and send a crash report (which is optional).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Google Voice for those people who want to be able to choose and customize their own phone number - whether you want to pick your area code or pick a phone number that has numbers that spell out a word that goes along with your business or that is memorable to customers - it is such a unique application.

Google Voice allows me to screen those unsolicited calls by having the incoming caller announce their name before I choose whether or not to accept the call. This saves a lot of time that was wasted on answering and dealing with those frustrating marketing calls. Google Voice also allows me the option of having all voicemail messages transcribed and sent to my email! This is so essential for business, having those voicemail messages that need to be passed on to another person or coworker now able to be forwarded in the form of an email - before Google Voice, those messages would have had to be typed out in an email before being able to be passed on to a coworker.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Voice
Google Voice review by <span>Lucas H.</span>
Lucas H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Google Voice is a wonderful product that works across multiple devices seamlessly. I have it installed on two different iPhones, on several computers as a Chrome extension and, most recently, on a Kindle Fire. As an app on my phones and Kindle, Google Voice provides me free text messaging and a central point for communications. GV is great website because a user can leverage Google search feature. It's so easy to find old text messages or phone calls. And, I enjoyed picking a phone number that was not in my local area code. I love that, if someone calls me and leaves a message, GV transcribes the message, shows it as a text and also sends me an email with the voice message and transcription. Finally, the ability to sync devices and phone numbers, take calls inside gmail, customize rings and messages based on who is calling, record calls and save texts forever make Google Voice an integrated and integral central communications hub.

What do you dislike?

Google Voice does not allow for sending short codes or pictures. It can receive pictures, however the actual image is sent to the user's email account. I do not believe the iphone app has been updated in quite some time. It's still very functional, however it doesn't have the robustness of the web version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many web to text products in the market. If reporting is important to you, Google Voice may not be the best solution. My company opted not to use Google Voice, however I've used the product since 2009, and I believe it's a wonder solution for a small business. Google Voice is free and provides so, so much user power, flexibility and customization.

I send text messages directly from the Chrome extension while I'm working. This saves me time (because I'm typing on a keyboard) and lets me respond without checking my phone (which can be a distraction).

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

Google Voice review by <span>Lauren T. M.</span>
Lauren T. M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Keeping my cell number private for work related calls, being able to text from the computer, saving different voicemails, checking call logs, easily blocking numbers, being able to save and forward voice messages, visual voicemail transcription

What do you dislike?

Inability to send MMS and that some callers get sent to spam for no reason

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely reserve a Google voice number. It is useful for more than just business. Google Voice is great as a "disposable" phone number for telemarketers, etc. I use it for all my savings cards, like grocery rewards cards. I give it to websites needing a phone number. It allows me to keep my number safe. It also allows me to keep my personal cell phone number private. I frequently use my cell to speak with students and love the fact that I can keep my personal number private.

For work, the ability to see my own call logs easily, block numbers, forward voice messages, save and change voicemail, use Do Not Disturb, star messages, see messages transcribed with visual voicemail, easily link or unlink a phone, set up voicemails specific to certain callers, and text from the computer are all things I couldn't live without in my line of work.

Keeping my cell number private for work related calls; setting boundaries and feeling more private, being able to save voice messages to avoid recording a new one each time

Google Voice review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Great Tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Google Voice gives you a free phone number. Super useful. You can use that extra phone number as a phone number to use for listing on websites, filtering calls, and not having to worry about giving out your main phone number. It is quite convenient and useful. It also transcribes voicemails and emails them to you.

What do you dislike?

Google Voice is very limited in its use. There is not a lot of other uses for it. It has not really progressed over the years. The voice mails are also not 100% accurate either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth using. Not a lot to the product but very useful nonetheless.

It is free and very useful to have an additional phone number you can use and list on websites. It allows you to have a business phone number without paying for an additional phone and phone line. I haven't used much of the customization but it does what I need it to do.

Google Voice review by <span>Ashley L.</span>
Ashley L.

Good for personal use

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the ability to send and receive texts from my computer. I can keep working without stopping to check my phone for work related texts.

What do you dislike?

If you send a group message, any responses will come in individually and not everyone on the message will receive responses. This is best for single messages. Overall, a user could just use a group chat for better functionality.

Additionally, not every phone number will carry over, so you'll have to sign up for a number that's available on Voice (some phone numbers will transfer over, and you can check all texts on Voice).

The interface is pleasing and the computer notifications are great. While there are issues that I'd like to see fixed with Google Voice, overall it's a very helpful tool.

Google Voice review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

Great system

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I utilize Google Voice for my business, I love that it seamlessly integrates with my phone, I can text, and I can set "sleeping" hours for it to not ring when my office isn't open. I also love that I can transfer who the calls forward to based on who's in the office (if I go on vacation).

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that I can't send MMS messages,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It hasn't been updated in eons, and I worry they may add it to the list of apps they no longer offer, which would be a huge shame because I'd pay for the service as part of google apps for business.

It enables me to separate my business from my personal life without the hassle of having a dedicated phone line, especially the costs associated with setting up that kind of phone network to work in all the places I go and enable me to easily swap it to my one employee when I go on vacation.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Google Voice?

* We monitor all Google Voice reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.