Google Web Designer

3.7

Create engaging, interactive HTML5-based designs and motion graphics that can run on any device.

Work for Google Web Designer?

Learning about Google Web Designer?

Google Web Designer Reviews

Showing 172 Google Web Designer reviews
Google Web Designer review by April J.
April J.

"Google Web Designer"

What do you like best?

This app makes building or editing your website so much easier it is extremely user friendly with not much of a learning curve

What do you dislike?

Some of the ad-on's it tries to push on you aren't very useful in my opinion and are mainly geared to making you spend more money on un-necessary products. I am really not a fan of the AdMob personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is another app that I would recommend researching different things you can do within it. The *plug and play* type aspect is nice and very easy to use as long as you don't overdo it by adding too much or color clashing.

This is another tool in our arsenal to save money and time within our company. Outsourcing things can become very costly at times. With this app we can change what we need to in real time without having to send emails and adjustments to another company and wait for them to respond.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer review by Samantha M.
Samantha M.

"Very Remincent of Flash"

What do you like best?

I think creating animations in this program is easier than something like Adobe Premier, but a step up from creating animations in Adobe Photoshop. It is quite reminiscent of Macromedia (Adobe) Flash, but simplified. As someone that previously was not a fan of using flash, this seemed to be a bit more direct and user friendly. There are ample templates available, so it may allow for exciting ads to be created in even less time.

What do you dislike?

All of the templates and options seemed unnecessary, and some of them didn't even work. Plus the saving structure creates A LOT of extra supporting files, so file a management from the very beginning is CRUCIAL. If files get misplaced after it's created it essentially corrupts the whole file and won't even open again. There is not a unique file extension for these files, you open and work on the .html file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow time for trial and error. There seems to be so many options available and new ad types that I was previously unfamiliar with.

A client asked for an animated ad, and had very specific specs about the kinds of files that were necessary to implement their ads. Rather than me designing the ad and painstakingly animating it and then a developer creating custom coding, this created all of the necessary files with a simple 'Publish'. After a bit of a learning curve, I think it could be significantly useful in bridging that gap of time, while still being able to create visually intriguing ads.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Google Web Designer review by Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.

"Easy and quick advertising solution"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and quick it is to setup and get a decent looking ad up and running in this program. It is integrated with the Google Studio system as well, so it can be published straight to the web. There are heaps of resources, forums and online support for any issues as well as a bunch of templates available. Customisation is easy on any layout, and the support team are great in helping out with any special requests or helping with any problem you come across

What do you dislike?

The program is still in beta, so sometimes you will come across some bugs - biggest one I have found is what worked in one project, doesn't work in the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is nothing to lose when trying out this program, you could find that it is easier than your current solution. It's free and has a big support team available.

We have found that turn around times on projects has improved as the program helps with coding the basics for you, and then we can still jump in on harder customisation's by switching to the code view.

Google Web Designer review by Adithyaa J.
Adithyaa J.

"The best designer for personalized advertisement"

What do you like best?

The feature that i consider to be best in google web designer software is the availability of templates for all types of advertisement like banner, expandable and also includes video streaming advertisements.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike about this software but i wish these flexibility and user friendly approach can also be extended to normal website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is specially for startups which cannot spend more money to hire web developers for designing advertisement. Using google web developer is completely simple and you need just a minimal computer knowledge to design your desired advertisement. You can have design and develop multiple format for advertisement to suit your target audience in any device.

online advertisement have the best reach in nowadays targeting specialized audience who are actually in need for your product or service. In this case your online advertisement should please and appeal your future customer in most plausible manner. This can be achieved using google web developer with ease.

Google Web Designer review by Franco C.
Franco C.

"The simplest tool for your ads"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer it's the easiest and simplest solution for my banners and ads onto my website or clients' websites. The interface is easy to understand and the lot of templates avaible helps you a lot in creating what you need. Also you can download and use it for free. It's a good starting point, mostly for beginners that want to understand how to move in the coding design world.

What do you dislike?

Google Web Designer it's not so good for an entire website. But you can use it for banners, ads and landing pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using Google Web Designer, since it's free. It's free to download and it's free to use. Also it's good for beginner, since you do not have to know anything about coding, but you can use the drag and drop interface. It's a great starting point for novices.

I use Google Web Designer to design and create banners and ads for my website and for my clients' project. I used to do animated banners in photoshop, creating gif. But I've to say that using Google Web Designer save my time and make my job easy.

Google Web Designer review by Bird M.
Bird M.

"Good for Quick and Easy web design."

What do you like best?

I like the moderately simple user interface and easy to understand mechanics of the system. It's very clean and a good learning process for new or inexperienced website developers, making it worth our time. It's one of our favorite website development tools to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the clustered, somewhat messy areas of the interface that get in the way of website development. Also, some features are inconsistent in how often they work or appear to be broken, causing it to be somewhat unreliable in certain cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to people looking for a quick and easier way to create websites. It's very nice and a smooth process despite it still being in beta.

We are solving many business problems using Google Web Designer, such as fixing our lack of stable, reliable websites for our company, as well as being able to create them in a short span of time. It has came with many benefits, our websites now receive much more traffic than they used to as we have been able to push out better websites to the internet,

Google Web Designer review by Gianluca O.
Gianluca O.

"Good tool for banners and ads"

What do you like best?

I like the interface that is simple and quick to understand. In the last update the Google team provide a whide range of templates that you can use at your advantage. Google Web Design, thanks to the drag and drop interface, permits you to use it with no problems from the beginning. Also the YGIWYS interface helps you a lot to understand your work.

What do you dislike?

The tools and functions in it are good, but you can't really design an entire web site in it. Google Web Designer is a limited software that cannot be used by professional for professional project. Also you cannot import your own HTML files in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple and fast platform that you can use for banners or little web based project use Google Web Designer. It's also free, so you have the chance to test it before switching for somethig that you have to pay for. But for basic work it's good.

I use it mostly for banners. Our Facebook and AdSense campaigns need almost a banner every two days. So with Google Web Designer I can save time and have a professional result at the same time.

Google Web Designer review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"Google Web Designer good for small project but not for an entire website"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and intuitive. You can create animation easily. You can use the software to do quick prototype. It's completely free, also the WYSIWYG interface is a good option.

What do you dislike?

To get great results you obviusly have to know essential about the source code, html code, and coding in general. It does not support all the main browser. Sometimes you have problem to open HTML files that are not created in GWD. It's clear that is too heavy for pro and extremely difficult for the novice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small project I say go and test it out before spending money on software that you have anyway to study and master. But with this I mean small banners, pop-up or simple landing page. If you have to go professionally so look somewhere else since this will break up you workflow.

I use the software to realize banners and pop up for my client's marketing campaign. Once or two I also used it to create some webdesign mokup.

Google Web Designer review by Giovanna R.
Giovanna R.

"Simple and fast web designer software"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer is simple to use and fast to understand. I love that the interface it's simple but complete. The custom animations it's what I like the best, since you do not have to spend so much time on animation. Also the fact that you have a good preview of your work is great!

What do you dislike?

Google Web Designer take a little bit more to process during the opening, even on fast pc. Also the output options are very limited and deserve an updating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Web Designer is a great free software from Google. You have to test it out and see for yourself.

I use Google Web Designer to design our ads campaigns and banners for clients. It saves me a lot of time since I don't need to use the coding, but I can easily design all the elements.

Google Web Designer review by Steve Z.
Steve Z.

"Easy to make Ads and Banners"

What do you like best?

i like the UI,i find it very easy to work with maybe because it has a resemblance of Photoshop which am very much familiar with. As it pretty much makes creation of banners and ads very easy with its many tools which are readily available and mostly drag and drop that makes it usable even with a first timer and you can upload the project straight from google web designer straight to the web server using ftp .i also like the way it performs, very smoothly no lagging or crashing whatsoever and as it is a google product , it makes it very easy to integrate it with other google products like YouTube,google maps etc

What do you dislike?

a bit disappointed at the limitations that i cant make a full website only banners and ads,hopefully in the near future the developers can make those changes

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you looking for something simple and effective to make banners and ads then google web designer is your best product.very light even on low spec machines

as a web developer/designer i use google web designer to make ads and banners for my clients.

Google Web Designer review by Ana P.
Ana P.

"A useful web design tool"

What do you like best?

It is a fairly simple tool to use to add advertisements and animations to your websites, it has a very intuitive interface and it is very easy to learn how to use it both for beginners in the web design area, as well as for professionals. Best of all, it's a free program

What do you dislike?

It is not a program to design websites completely, but a program that serves to complement them. It does not work directly with codes and consequently when there is an error it is quite complicated to find the code that is failing and does not work with all browsers.

One of the few benefits I have obtained with its use is that with this tool you can create websites quickly and very easily, thus allowing me to meet the needs of my clients. Although to create an excellent website requires the implementation of other programs.

Google Web Designer review by Michela M.
Michela M.

"The best free coding software made for visual people"

What do you like best?

I like the way GWD is structured. I can create interactive html5-based design and motion graphic that can run on any device. I only have to arrange the visual aspects (images and videos) and the software works with the code. It's also free and the interface is really helpful.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunely I can't open independent html files with Web Design and it can be difficult for novices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this software can be useful in a process than per se. Because it result too difficult for a novice but also too clumsy for a pro. So if you have the space to use it during your process (and I use it as a prototypes sketches) it can be very useful.

I use it as a Platform to create prototype, since it's really fast and simple it helps to speed up the workflof it the first stage of our work

Google Web Designer review by Raven L.
Raven L.

"Workable"

What do you like best?

What I like about Google Web is it's ability to animate things in the banner. So you can add text, pictures etc and have them animated in your banner. It's great for advertising and I think Google web designer does excel with how easy they make it. The interface is very relate able to other programs I've used so I was able to learn quickly.

What do you dislike?

I was frustrated at first when I realized I couldn't bring in my own HTML files into this program to edit. I met a few closed doors when using this project, another was the fact that to me - this most works with ads and advertising banners. I don't feel like this could be my one and only web design program because it's not extensive enough like others. Seems to mostly be suited for advertisers, where i'm looking to create content.

Was able to create banners to use on our Facebook and other social media venues.

Google Web Designer review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"Google Web Banner Designing"

What do you like best?

It's ability to secure extended measurements and the flag introduction mode, and additionally to bring up the CSS, JavaScript and XML record areas on the plate was impressive. It has a decent reaction time and runs easily, without creating the OS to hang crash or show blunder messages.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I thought was off putting was that you can't open external HTML files. Also I felt a little deceived because I thought I could create like a whole website type of empire. But it only allows you to create web banners, it's a very limiting program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, this program is not a good tool to use for those who want to create ecommerce sites, or branding / promotional sites. If you are looking for a web banner program this one might be for you.

If you are only using this product for web banner purposes it's got that down. You can quickly change and refresh banners as instantaneously as need be. But again, for actually building a website I would not advise google web designer.

Google Web Designer review by lucia m.
lucia m.

"Google web designer reviews"

What do you like best?

I like that it looks like photoshop and I can work on it for free with all the different options it gives you such as the 3d graph,tools, a pen tool,a shapes tool and the choice of adding pictures from other sources, that i can dowload it to my laptop as well as on my phone. i can add youtube videos as well as a map from google. i guess for being free this program will only be limited to so much work you can do with it , so anyone be prepared to spend your time learning this program and know that it doesn't have a lot of good qualities like other programs that you are required to pay more for.

What do you dislike?

i think that it is confusing to understand the tools and how each works and it would take a long time to watch a tutorial to understand it really good, and also it is not for creating a web design it is more a tool to create advertisements so it would be nice it it had that option and it doesn't handle HTML documents that well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is not easy to use at the beginning be prepared to waste your time trying to understand the program for a while.

i thought i could also create a web design but it didn't let me so for now i am just trying it for the advertisement side of it.

Google Web Designer review by Katrina W.
Katrina W.

"Misleading"

What do you like best?

I was able to use this program to design banners easily and efficiently. I will say this program is very user friendly though, because other programs can be very overwhelming to pick up. This lacked some things I was looking for but it was very easy to jump in, so for new users that is definitely a plus.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't bring in any of my own html files to edit and work on in this program. It definitely is very limiting with its ability to create any form of CSS style sheets, or adding in javascript. As an overall editor for websites it lacks the basic foundation for creating comprehensive designs.

With this program I created a lot of banners and ads to promote things going on through the calendar year for my job.

Google Web Designer review by User

"Perfect web designer project"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer is the easiest application to use for design. You can create animation easily just like in another programs like Adobe Photoshop or macromedia, etc. It is integrated with de google studio system as well, so all you make, you can publish instantly to the web. The interface is simple and intuitive. It is easy to understand and there are a lot of templates available helps you a lot in creating what you need.

What do you dislike?

Only you can use for do banners, landing pages . You can't do an entire web site here. You can''t import your own HTML files in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you can use to do banners, ads, and landing pages. It is an easy tool for do this services and earn a salary. If you want to do entire web sites, this is not your program

i use google web designer to make ads and banners and landing pages for my clients

Google Web Designer review by Sarah Amy M.
Sarah Amy M.

"What's this for, anyway?"

What do you like best?

Nothing! The only good thing is Google gives this away for free so I could try it without wasting money.

What do you dislike?

"Google Web Designer"? It's a misnomer, I think? This doesn't let you build a website -- and if it does, tutorials and docs are so poorly done. It looks more like a lightweight mobile app designer, but isn't that what Android Studio is for, not? And unlike Jekyll or other software meant to let you build a website, it appears that there is no way to create partials and includes for repetitive but common features like menu and footer, nor is there a way to have all pages reference to one CSS, or put the entire website under one directory. Again I don't think this is for making a website. It looks more like an app developer or something you use to create an ad that would work on Google. An utter piece of garbage, developers ought to be ashamed for making a POS like this that would give Google's brand a bad rap.

I thought this would be a good WYSIWYG tool for building a website that is responsive and visually pleasing. I do not even understand what this POS software is for, or how to use it. No good documentations or tutorials, and very few I could find on the web (I Googled it!) are dated 2011 to 2013. Garbage.

Google Web Designer review by Carla B.
Carla B.

"Excellent design software very useful and the best is free"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to configure this helps to perform a more optimal and fast work. One of the things that I like the most and the most useful to me of the tool is that it is published directly on the web. It adapts to you and not like other tools that you are the one that must adapt, gives excellent online support and allows you to customize all the templates and everything in general about the design.

What do you dislike?

I found errors may be because it is a trial version, should make a full version without errors and not hang.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program will be a great help for your daily work in addition to being free.

To be able to carry out a more agile work by reducing delivery times

thanks to the functionalities of the software and that facilitates many things and being totally customizable

Google Web Designer review by Dwight M.
Dwight M.

"GWD Shows Great Promise Right From the Start"

What do you like best?

It's free. Seriously, though, I do love that professionals have been allowed to try this software out and get used to it before being asked to pay for it. I like GWD's ease of use and the way it works so well with Google's Double-Click Studio.

What do you dislike?

As it's still beta... it's still a little flakey. And I haven't liked some of the layout changes. Seems the only way to learn is to search the web for independent tutorials

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone creating rish media to give GWD a try.

We've saved money using GWD due to its current free nature and we've done very well using it to create sophisticated rich media. We're creating mostly advertising.

Google Web Designer review by Tylar M.
Tylar M.

"A good fit for an amateur "

What do you like best?

I like that Google Design doesn't require a high level of coding knowledge in order to create an interactive ad. However, if you are a coder, then you can add that code for extra flair. I like the flexibility of the program based on the users wants and needs.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve for new users, the program isn't necessarily user friendly. But, once that hurdle is overcome, then there are some awesome products which would be produced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business who is trying to interact with customers online then this can be an effective product for you. It's a great way to encourage feedback, signups, involvement in the site, etc.

Google web designer is allowing our company to make simple ads for any upcoming events. It helps us direct our website users to sign-up links or any current news.

Google Web Designer review by User

"Easy to use web design tool"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to set up a website. Tools are similar to something like Photoshop so, if you have experience with PS or other similar design tools, you'll feel right at home. Also, if you have programming experience, you can further take advantage of this software.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike really. It's crashed on my a couple of times but I believe that's do to my own machine rather than the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if you need to create a website quick and easy or if you don't have much experience creating websites. HTML experts or beginners will feel right at home with this tool.

If you need to get a website up quick or you're a beginning creating your first site, this is a great tool to get started with.

Google Web Designer review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Good Application to create HTML5 Ads"

What do you like best?

The interface is similar to that of Photoshop or adobe products and so the learning curve is not as bad as you would think. You are able to create engaging HTML5 ads quickly and easily using Google Web Designer. There is also a coding mode where you could code your entire HTML5 ad if you wanted to, or go in and change a certain thing or add some sort of animation that does not already come built into the app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application crashes and the screen goes black. I'm not sure what causes this but when I have used Google Web Designer for extended periods of time, the application will crash or freeze and go black. This does not happen often but when it does you just have to close the app and reopen it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an application that does a lot of the work for creating HTML5 ads, this is the app for your. All you have to do is design the HTML5 ad and animate it similarly to After Effects and then once you publish it, there is nothing else for you to do besides upload the file.

Creating HTML5 advertisements for my company. It is easy to import image files that you will use to create the advertisement with just a few simple clicks. It makes creation of HTML5 ads faster and Google Web Designer has a preview button that allows you to see the ad on your web browser as if in real time.

Google Web Designer review by Jess B.
Jess B.

"Good for a free package"

What do you like best?

The massive bonus is it's free. Google have also made it easy by putting preset sizes in which is good if you're unsure. It is also relatively easy to use and perfect for beginners.

What do you dislike?

It can be frustrating at times, things don't work as they should but that's probably because I'm used to using Adobe products and this is a simplified version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good package for people looking to create quick web banners to advertise their products/services but if you're used to using Adobe Animate or Adobe Photoshop to create banners then I would stick with what you have.

I used it in my previous role when I had no idea how to animate web banners and this gave me an understanding to how it worked and how to keep the file sizes low.

Google Web Designer review by Norma S.
Norma S.

"Web design for beginners"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple program to use for beginners, and it mainly works to create simple websites without many complications. Its biggest advantage is that the program is free.

What do you dislike?

The program has too many cons, one of the most important is that websites are not built using programming languages, but dragging add-ons from the interface, which makes it impossible to create high quality websites, which makes it an obsolete tool or inseparable to be implemented in the professional field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If we compare this program with what could be its competition (Muse), I recommend much more this, for the simple fact that it is free and you can do practically the same as you do with Muse.

It really is not a tool that has helped me a lot, since at no time I included it among my work tools, since it does not work for what I do.

Google Web Designer review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Wonderful software"

What do you like best?

I use a lot of Google products to help me with my designs -- I use Google docs for collaboration, I use Google forms to conduct user surveys. When I learned about Google Web Designer, I thought I would give it a try. It is a great supplement to the other softwares that I already use. Since it's so simple to use, I find that it is great for creating both mockups and finished designs.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that is isn't more widely used. I also don't like how although it's similar to some adobe softwares, there aren't many guides or tutorials available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's similar to other softwares like illustrator or photoshop, but if you get stuck, try to look up some answers online to find tutorials.

Google Web Designer gives me the opportunity to test out my codes and see my design without making any major sacrifices or changes. I think the way that the software integrates with other Google platforms is a really great benefit.

Google Web Designer review by Kathryn E.
Kathryn E.

"Easily Accessible for All but Not Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer is a free program that anyone can download. It has some similarities to Adobe Flash, which has become outdated over the years. Once you get the hang of things, it's easy to create short custom animations.

What do you dislike?

Google Web Designer is nowhere as simple and intuitive as Adobe Flash was. I would choose Flash 100x over. Web Designer is also becoming a monopoly since it's becoming the only standard that google sites will allow due to compression size. For example, if you make an ad in Adobe AfterEffects or Flash, the chances of you being able to compact the file into a small enough size to upload is slim to none. I don't like that about Google Web Designer at all, especially since it's not even close to being the best program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a lot of tutorials online before you start using this since it seems it's hard to figure out on your own.

Google Web Designer is nice for creating short web motion graphic advertisements. It's nice because it allows me to create ads for my company that are animated and therefore eye-grabbing, rather than a stationary jpg that is dime a dozen.

Google Web Designer review by User in Internet

"Used for ad work and simple animations."

What do you like best?

Ability to have whatever actions you need to happen be possible. I am not entirely proficient in this program yet, but it does seem like the features needed are present.

What do you dislike?

While part of it is intuitive (if you have used keyframes before), I think more could be done to make it usable for someone new to animation work. More visual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the user has used similar products before, I think they will be able to use it quite easily. For new users, I think reading or viewing tutorials would be helpful for them. The user may want to achieve some things and might have to dig a bit to do soā€”but a tutorial would make the software easier to use. If the user has not used keyframes before, I think a tutorial would definitely be helpful.

I used Google Adwords for a set of banner ads for a client. I was also then able to use the product to create a simple animation (simulating a modal animation on a website) for another client.

Google Web Designer review by Rahman M.
Rahman M.

"A useful web design tool"

What do you like best?

i love using google web designer for making ads and banners for clients.i user it a lot because of the its simplicity of the interface and since its still in beta mode,new things keep coming up like the newly added templates which almost reduces the workload by 50%.

What do you dislike?

when i came across google web designer i actually thought you can finish up the entire site using it, only to realise that its for banners and ads hopefully the dev team is working on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would encourage anyone who has not tried it yet to do so

i use google web designer to create facebook ads,youtube ads,websites ads and banners.

Google Web Designer review by Elio P.
Elio P.

"Fast and easy web design"

What do you like best?

It is a web design program with a very intuitive and easy-to-use interface for users who are just starting out in the world of web design. With it you can add advertisements and animations very easily, ideal to complement a website.

What do you dislike?

It is not a web design tool in itself, since it does not use programming languages, which makes it quite difficult to find an error (if any). For professional users it can be somewhat obsolete, since there are programs that have everything necessary for the job.

It has helped me explain a bit how the world of web design works, but no further, since the program itself is very limited.

Google Web Designer review by fredrick M.
fredrick M.

"Easy tool for ads and banners"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would encourage anyone who has not tried it yet to do so

Google Web Designer review by Marcos Gabriel C.
Marcos Gabriel C.

"Google Web Designer "

What do you like best?

The software allows you to create banners, expandable and interstitial ads. At first you need to select one of the listed size or set the custom resolution of the advertisement depending upon your wish. Complete scripts can be uploaded for animation. It's extremely powerful.

What do you dislike?

GWD will allow you to control the entrance, exit, position, and transparency of objects... so creating slideshows or on/off animations work well.

I'm also not sure you can use the same asset to create an entire set of ads if they are responsive like you can with other html5 ad builders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is also very good for creating CSS3 anmation, which personally I have not used a lot but it does the work very well.

Google Web Design is a good tool to start out with but not viable for complex designs.

Google Web Designer review by Alan H.
Alan H.

"Decent web designer considering it's free"

What do you like best?

The HTML5 implementation and coding is superb, easier to digest and handle unlike the latest edition of Dreamweaver, where everything is dependent on end-user knowledge. Unlike Fireworks and Photoshop, you can also created motion-based and guided graphics easily and thus making animated GIFs are a breeze.

What do you dislike?

If you are looking to build a webpage or website, Google Web Designer is NOT the program you are seeking. This is more for ad creation, video implementation and animated graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to scale and/or build an entire website or page, this might not be for you. But for ad creation deployed on your end or animated graphics, this is it.

So far we have used this app in a testing out phase for the better part of a month and a half. Admittedly, we will need at least another 1-2 months before we can even answer this question detailed and properly.

Google Web Designer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Wonderful application getting better all the time"

What do you like best?

Quickly and accurately develop cross browser HTML5 banners with many rich features. Banners are easily created using well known standards such as keyframes, timeslines and events (which can be used on elements and the timeline both). Exports are a breeze and integration with Google Studio is one click once your account is tied to GWD. This one click publishing to Google Studio is one of the reasons we chose this application over others.

What do you dislike?

I learned how to animate in Flash - which until within the last few years was the defacto UI for such tasks. While GWS's interface is improving there are still many features not yet available. The number one issue is that I cannot inject frames into my timeline throughout all the layers. I have to do this a layer at a time. This makes doing whole changes of shrinking or expanding animated features of a banner extremely time consuming. Lastly, there are no guidelines that I can see available. The forum shows request for guides from many users. This is a big missing item when trying to align objects on the canvas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep the updates coming and continue to listen to the GWD Forum. I appreciate that you are listening and I really appreciate the last few updates including animate to a path. This is a fun enhancement I've been waiting on for over a year. Lastly, like Flash did, it would be great to offer a in-line PREVIEW of the animation with simple timeline and button events enabled. This would really allow our dev teams to quickly test features without have to test publish to a browser.

We need to build banners in a hyper-time sensitive matter for our client. Also updates to banners sometimes need to be done same-day and with this tool, updates are a breeze. We can literally update banners or adjust banners within in minutes in some cases and have them re-submitted and under review same-day as the work request came in from the client.

Google Web Designer review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Easy to use with so many features!"

What do you like best?

I caught onto this designer right away, which is always a great thing. I was only using it an hour or so before I got the hang of it. I notice a lot of similar features from photoshop, which I love. SO easy to use to create anything from flyers to web ads, and it doesnt take a whole team to do it! It has easy tools to use. The custom animations are definitely my favorite. It makes me feel like I'm creating art and I'm very proud of the ad I made. Ive only made one so far, but it was so much fun I cant wait to make more!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I will say is the create file aspect is a little slim. The options are very few. There's a lot more especially now up to date ads. And this only has six. If I was nit picking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are trying to get your business out there and need a easy to use, straight forward software to help you with that. This is definitely the way to go. I just started using this at my job and the fast comprehension and ease of it is definitely accommodating.

We hare in a small town so word of mouth is the only way were getting known, so we also are working our way towards getting our ads seen and getting our business out there.

Google Web Designer review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"Una herramienta sencilla para crear anuncios"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer es una herramienta muy sencilla para crear banners y anuncios para ser publicado en sitios web. Contiene una gran cantidad de plantillas, que ayudan mucho para diseƱar lo que necesitas. Me encanta que se puede descargar y usar de forma gratis.

What do you dislike?

Que no es un aplicaciĆ³n de diseƱo web, sino una herramienta para publicidad animada.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es un buen punto de partida, principalmente para principiantes que desean comprender cĆ³mo moverse en el mundo del diseƱo de codificaciĆ³n.

Actualmente lo uso para el diseƱo de banners y para la creaciĆ³n rĆ”pida de prototipos.

Google Web Designer review by ROHIT T.
ROHIT T.

"Best software to make online ads"

What do you like best?

Its an awesome tool for anyone planning to create html online ads, css animations, its just perfect for that.

Few things I loved about it are:

1. Making advertisements is really really simple.

2. Uploading the advertisement is very easy through the software only.

3. The layer feature is also very good.

4. You get a good preview.

What do you dislike?

Though the application is very good and easy to learn there are some downside to this, they are as follows:

1. While you open the application, it takes a good amount of time even in a laptop with good specs.

2. Creating a complete webpage using Google Web Designer will not be that great idea, I will personally prefer coding in HTML, CSS and JS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think anyone out there with an intention of creating HTML emails for your clients or for making advertisements for your clients, this is the best application available. It will help you do your job more than 50% faster than what one will do by coding himself/herself.

I have been using Google Web Designer for last couple of months for creating HTML emails for my clients and HTML5 advertisements for my clients. I have seen benefits of this such as:

1. Making HTML advertisement using Google Web Designer has helped me save a lot of time, earlier I used to do it by coding directly, but this app creates perfect HTML emails.

Google Web Designer review by Ian S.
Ian S.

"Google Web Designer is an unusual program"

What do you like best?

I think what I like most about Google Web Designer is that it's free; a lot of software that allows you to do the level of work that Google Web Designer offers, charges a fee...much like any Adobe Software.

What do you dislike?

Itā€™s not a web design application but an animated advertising tool, and it doesn't handle HTML documents that weren't created in its native program very easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Web Designer will be too difficult to pick up if you're a novice, and too clunky to pick up if you're a professional. I'd avoid it for now, wait for future updates and maybe have them change the interface a bit.

Animating an element is straight-forward; You can basically create an object, like a title, then define keyframes which determine how itā€™s transformed in two or three dimensions using an easing functions, Google handles the rest...it's basically streamlining work, and making things a lot faster in our fast-paced work environment.

Google Web Designer review by Ainsley P.
Ainsley P.

"Challenging to learn but really neat"

What do you like best?

You can create HTML based ads and content even if you have minimal HTML knowledge. It's a vector based program a lot like Adobe Illustrator that adds the element of web content and response. You can create banners, sidebars, and small web based graphics with the responsive elements of Java and HTML.

What do you dislike?

It's challenging to learn, and there aren't very many tutorial videos that are helpful in teaching new techniques. I didn't like that when you open the program, it doesn't tell you much about how to get started. They need an opening tutorial to show you around the program and get you accompanied with what it can do, and show you all of the possibilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program for the low low price of free. You can do a lot with the program, it's not limiting in the slightest. And it's very easy to create things once you feel around the program for a short while to get your bearings on the controls and things it can do. The one thing that I don't like is that there aren't very many tutorials or instructional videos on how to use the program. Google needs to create videos to teach users the basics of the program without having to search YouTube for unprofessional videos created by another person who may be showing a much harder way of accomplishing something you want to do using the program.

You can create stunning graphics with minimal effort

Google Web Designer review by Alexander H.
Alexander H.

"Even from the perspective as a professional quite not the piece of software you want to use"

What do you like best?

At least there are many templates which are quite usable. To be precise, almost every ad format is available. And the online help (which you will use often when you don't use GWD day by day) is quite complete.

What do you dislike?

Being honest: if there are no predefined templates i would not use it. The interface is austere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, it is a working software from Google.

But compared to all the other cool stuff Google offers you, this seems to be the ugly kid nobody wants to know.

Creating ads.

Google Web Designer review by Sunil D.
Sunil D.

"An elegant tool for designer but not for developer"

What do you like best?

1 .Interface : Google has done a great job making a interface like most of adobe application. If you have experience with Premier or Illustrator than you are already a navigation expert here .Layers, Object alignment and many more things are there.

2. Free Of Cost, Available on all major platform , a lot of templates

3. The Application is useful in creating Animation and Ad with CSS3/HTML5 , No flash required.

What do you dislike?

Not good for making the whole page only good for animation and banner also it doesn't support loading your other web project you can only open a project made by this application .

Being a developer for the complete project I still prefer writing code in css/html with text editor where you have more control on the stuff and also if you don't have prior expedience with Adobe Creative Suite it is hard to come handy .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering this product for simple html page or a rich content like animation , galleries, banners than this is right tool for you but if you are a professional web developer and looking for a good IDE for your large project than you are looking the wrong product .

We are using this product mostly to create ad banner and animation. For whole project text editor is still proffered. Also one of the advantage is that designers can create the CSS3 animation instead a GIF so you can directly use such key-frames in your project

Google Web Designer review by Callum L.
Callum L.

"Need easy advertisements? Give this a shot!"

What do you like best?

It's never been easier for a user with little code and design skills to create their own html advertisements! the software comes with a handful of templates to start creating banner ads with. once you've created your banner, you can integrate your new banner with any number of your Google ad-sense or ad words campaigns to further push your brand. the software doesn't necessarily serve that much of a purpose when promoting my own brand (small scale) but perhaps to larger company/brand then the ease to generate new advertisements on the fly will be an amazing addition to their marketing/design department.

What do you dislike?

it seems a bit basic, as a coder, the more complicated the User interface, the more comfortable i feel (I like as many bells and whistles as possible to give me the impression that the software can be configured to suit my needs at any time.

This is an amazing tool which will enable me to sell custom banners to my customers with little time spent designing and coding the banner. the banner can be published strait to the user Google account so my customers are able to easily manage their advertisement which means the system is relatively low-maintenance on my end of things.

Google Web Designer review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"google web design review"

What do you like best?

I think it's a great concept, but for me personally it doesn't really work. I am a graphic designer, so I think this program would be much more useful for a web developer or someone who understands code. From the basics I've used, it looks useful for a developer.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more intuitive for someone who doesn't understand code. I'd love some tutorial suggestions in the opening screen, or some pop ups that explain things when you are starting your first document. I opened the program assuming it was a design program, but quickly realized it wasn't what I was looking for.

I'm a graphic designer who makes website mockups for clients. I am not a web developer, so I was hoping this tool would be a way for me to visually create code. I don't think it solves my problems, but it could help with the development side of things.

Google Web Designer review by Wiljan S.
Wiljan S.

"Great app to build easy html5 banners"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer makes it extremely simple to create html5 ads. I've always been creating ads in GIF format by animating with keyframes in Photoshop. This was always creating issues in file size being to large for AdWords. I heard there were possibilities to do it in html5, so I researched it a bit and found Google Web Designer as a great tool to build html5 banners. I've made a lot of banners and am completely satisfied with the tool.

What do you dislike?

I've been creating mostly basic banners, with a sliding animation. This is great and fits most purposes, but the thing Google Web Designer should be able to do are things like interactive banners. I tried that out sometime but couldn't really get how that works.

Some very basic things I couldn't find out in the beginning. After googling for a while I found tutorials to get it done. I guess it's not really focussed on the beginner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it, the other alternative is coding it yourself. But dragging pre-made components on a canvas is way easier. By using a tool like this I'm also more confident that the're compatible with Google's Ad platform. Before using Google Web Designer some ads were not allowed due to the low framerate which was necessary for the filesize. With the new ads they always get accepted and the build time is considerably lower.

We've always been creating ads in GIF format, this was not bad but to keep the filesize to a minimum the framerate had to be lowered and the number of colors be kept to a minimum. With html5 ads we were able to create ads that were smooth and sharp.

In the future I am going to try create more complex ads, and the templates that Google Web Designer comes with are a great starting point.

Google Web Designer review by Rob B.
Rob B.

"Create Ads, Banners, Animations & More That Work On All Mobile and Desktop Devices - FREE!"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer provides FREE tools that can be used to create web content, from a full website to advertisements, animations, and more! The designs you make will be fully responsive and look good on any size screen, any device.

What do you dislike?

The tools can be restrictive. You may have difficulty controlling the finer details of page design, and the limitations of the CSS options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Edge is a more powerful solution, but for a free application, Google Web Designer can be useful for creating ads and animations.

The banner templates are useful for creating animations and ads and are designed to work well with AdWords and DoubleClick.

Google Web Designer review by Christopher D.
Christopher D.

"super easy responsive ads, for free"

What do you like best?

This free tool is incredibly helpful for us to craft beautiful ads in a variety of aspect ratios. There are a lot of passionate users that have documented their use, and help answer questions. We can also create and reuse templates which is handy.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is not very good and there is a lack of customer support. However there are a lot of very enthusiastic users that document their use, tips etc as I have found from forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember to take your time and allow for a lot of testing. You should also be patient and experiment.

As we are designing digital ads we realized that having the right software can speed up the development process when there are so many different versions needed. This tool allows us to craft awesome ads in a very short amount of time.

Google Web Designer review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Google Web Design Review "

What do you like best?

I tried it for my occupation to buy a domain and to design a website but wasn't really pleased with the overall experience I had with it. I purchased a domain, G-suite which was very confusing and complicated and then I tried the Google web designer and offers a lot of options to customize the page the way you like it is fairly easy to use and has a lot of different templates, tools, and choices.

What do you dislike?

There is always room for improvement , there can be tutorials offered for those who are new to this type or work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its great and any kind or program has room for improvement and for far its headed in the right direction. :)

I am using it to build a website as a Real Estate Agent to refer on my cards , use in emails or refer customers towards. It does offer a fair range or options to use videos, and the more time spent can give a more ideal result for both parties involved. I have given this a try and it would not hurt to try other web designing places to see how much they differ and how better Google's is in compared to the rest of the sites and places offering the same service or product.

Google Web Designer review by User in Design
User in Design

"Must Have App!"

What do you like best?

The templates! All the templates pre installed are needed and reflect the type of widgets I usually use. Like for example, lightbox galleries are almost always needed on blogger type websites, photography portfiolo, and ecommerge. Majority of my clients often request one of those type of sites.

What do you dislike?

I just wish they would add more templates, but other than that it is flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for anyone needing to create interactive ads for their websites.

It allows me to create professional ads, widgets, and banners for my web sites and blogs. It saves me time searching the net for widgets. The fonts installed save me time and space on my computer

Google Web Designer review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Clickable & Trackable dynamic ads"

What do you like best?

Google Web Designer is easy to get up and running rather quickly with no prior experience and the ability to export to Google Adwords in compatible formats is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

The accompanying Google certification that one will most likely have to get to work in conjunction with Google Web Designer is cumbersome. The userface of Google Web Designer also feels a little outdated, although it is relatively new.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google Web Designer is easy to startup quickly, even with no prior experience.

We can create dynamic, clickable ads and get the analytics from our ads. We have greater capability of creating full website takeovers and more interesting ads without having to use Flash and self code our files.

Google Web Designer review by Katherine B.
Katherine B.

"Great Piece of Software"

What do you like best?

I love that it's really use for beginners to use, and that it's comparable for other, more expensive softwares that serve the same purpose.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little more intuitive, and there were more online guides. It seems that Google Web Designer isn't used very widely, so many people aren't familiar with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on it first, and go in ready for it to take some time to get familiar with it and get acclimated. After that, it's easy sailing.

Lots of editing photos to make them within acceptable sizes, finding a balance between size, quality and color within photos.

I'm loving how easy the web designer is to work with once you grasp the basics, and that it's easy to go on for hours without realizing.

Learning about Google Web Designer?

* We monitor all Google Web Designer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.