Google+

Google+ aims to make sharing on the web more like sharing in real life. Check out Circles, Events and Hangouts, just a few of the things we've been working on.

Work for Google+?

Learning about Google+?

Google+ Reviews

Ask Google+ a Question
Showing 84 Google+ reviews
Google+ review by crystal e.
crystal e.

"Great for everything"

What do you like best?

I really like the calendars, and email. These functions are great when communicating in private. It makes it so every individual can organize their own lists of individuals in their contacts. On this site, it also allows you create circles. Circles are just your contacts, in which you can place them in a list. This program also allows you to search things too. This is an amazing program for employees, employers, and really easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything negative to say about this program. Everything is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program to everyone. It is so easy to use and it will make life so much easier for everyone to have everything so organized. I have no other recommendations other than... invest in this program.

We use Google Plus at my work. We use it to communicate amongst one another. I love how the service allows the conversations to be private. Also, this service is great for creating documents as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Google+
Google+ review by Audrius P.
Audrius P.

"Somehow not very comfortable"

What do you like best?

The best part it has multiple columns in home page, so You can scroll faster and check more news in the feed. I think that is better than other social networks.

What do you dislike?

Before update when You are in the page and press on search field, the page somehow reloads. Now after the update when You tipe something in the search, the suggestion appers, and if You press the wheel on the suggestion, it does nothing. on other social networks it opens the suggested link in other tab, so no need to press it and make a new search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ver hand when You have a lof of news in your feed and want to scroll them fast to find the most relevant one since it had multiple columns per page.

We are comunicating with our users, updating them with the new products and events.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

Google+ review by Vance B.
Vance B.

"Has great concepts that just aren't executed that well"

What do you like best?

I like that Google+ can connect with other Google apps, so that when you update information through Google+, you automatically update information in other apps. The information that you can include in your Google+ profile can be very helpful way for others to learn more about you. If other people actually do use it, you can actually have robust interactions by posting photos, videos, links and other materials.

What do you dislike?

I think a weakness of Google+ is its design. To me, everything seems spaced out and not the most intuitive for simple conversations, which I think is what most people want. I think that not enough people I associate with use Google+, so it discourages me from wanting to use it. I think that's also true for others, so it's just a matter of Google+ not really catching on. I think that many people have already invested too much of their time establishing an online profile in other places, like Facebook or LinkedIn, so they may not feel the need to input data in another social media platform and have to maintains communications through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google has so many great apps like Gmail, YouTube, Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Analytics, which you're likely to use or should use for business. Since Google integrates Google+ with other applications, you're likely to be required to set up a Google+ profile. So you might as well put in some of your basic information, and perhaps a profile pic, so that your other profiles will look complete.

I think since Google+ ranks highly in search engines, I'll at least have some of my basic information in it so that it can be a reliable place for people to come find information about my business, services or whatever I may want to promote. I can update my contact information in Google+ and have it automatically update contact information in places like YouTube.

Google+ review by Nurit R.
Nurit R.

"Social Media Initiative by Google"

What do you like best?

Easy profile sharing using Url . Google+ follows Google product standards in therms of collaboration and content sharing. Google+ reviews affects Google ranking for any topic/product . This can be an SEO effort.

Customized content sharing option is also available among group members.

What do you dislike?

Not much popular as other social media tools like linkedin, facebook or twitter.

Lack in feature like member chat , endorsement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your profile here , an add in your web presence , nothing much.

We have been using Google+ for our web present profile setup as company entity as well as individuals.

Contents are easily shareable among other web application.

"Must Have"

What do you like best?

I like best that having a Google+ profile exposes us to so many new clients. It is part of our extensive SEO (search engine optimization) program. Keeping our Google+ profile up to date, accurate and filled with important information, helps to maintain our integrity and keeps us recognizable to both Google and clients. I also like how easy Google+ makes it to find photos and articles of things that are important or relevant to you. It is a huge database with so much information that it is one of the first places I go for relevant information on both topics and clients alike. It is great that you can easily use Google+ to share anything that you find with your contacts - making it convenient - all without leaving the platform.

What do you dislike?

There isn't not much to say bad about Google+ except for the fact that I feel they were a little late to the "party" with creating this social interface. Therefor, not as many people/businesses have a Google+ profile compared to other, similar social networking companies. I also dislike that I don't have control over who can follow me. I would include more information if I had control over those who were able to follow/access my profile information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in increasing awareness and/or marketing, Google+ is an excellent tool. While not as many people have a Google+ profile - many people do - since it is a free service, why wouldn't you have an account? It is yet another great and free way to raise that company awareness.

Even if it is not at the same level as some other social interfaces, it is still a great and easy way to create publicity and get information out about our company - therefor, it is still important for a business to have a Google+ account. It has also helped greatly with our SEO (search engine optimization). The more information that we include in our Google+ profile, the more legitimate we look on the Google search engine. Overall, Google+ helps increase awareness for our company.

Google+ review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Do or die"

What do you like best?

Well it isn't so much that I "love" Google plus, it is necessary for our clients to be on there so we help them set up their profile as part of a comprehensive SEO program.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you kind of "need" to be on Google +, no one really uses it as Facebook pretty much holds weight for business "pages" but it does help the SEO process for the small/med size businesses that we work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you use it. Not because it's great but because you need to be on there. It's a small part of a bigger picture but an important one.

We are supporting our clients by setting up their Google + pages

Google+ review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Google Plus "

What do you like best?

Google plus is a great place to share photos with family and friends. A effortless way to share moments. not only can you use it for personal use, you can also use it for business. Creating communities for your co workers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this particular social media platform not everyone has joined Google Plus yet and if wanting to use it, you must invite everyone to set up a profile first.

I believe the best business problem solving part of Google plus is the communities page. this is where you can create a community page for all your coworkers. A central place you can share post, documents and chat with each other. also great for when working on a project with multiple people.

Google+ review by Rahul D.
Rahul D.

"Useless"

What do you like best?

The only time i use google plus is to check out my gmail contact

What do you dislike?

it does not add anything above or beyond what facebook has to offer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Facebook instead. I don't know why one would use Google plus. Facebook has the momentum and great features. As of now in may 2017, Google plus is dead. Google's effort to build a social network to rival Facebook began because of its fear of being overtaken by FB but they have not been successful at that. FB continues to grow and I would stick to FB.

just trying to look up gmail contacts

Google+ review by User in Higher Education

"Amazing portal to meet new people with shared interests"

What do you like best?

Googl plus is the best and only infrastructure to be found to locate people you would not know unless you would use this tool. In addition it is good for get know friends with same interest's as well as excellent for business. Unlike Facebook, Google Plus does not limit the number of public views your posts get with Algorithms. They also are not constantly changing their program every week. I use Facebook as well, and wish more individuals and small businesses would utilize this platform. Thank you google :-)

What do you dislike?

Not as many people use Google Plus as Facebook or Twitter instead. It will need more time to catch up to that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Google Plus! Their website is just way more attractive than FaceBook and Instagram! My only complaint is that not enough people have joined!

Meeting new people and re-establishing old-time friendships with people that i lost track of in time.

Google+ review by Sanchara B.
Sanchara B.

"Great Forum"

What do you like best?

There are many groups one can join in order to find out new information or just meet new people with similar interests.

What do you dislike?

Like any social network, there are those who are not as nice as they should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just search for something in which you are interested. There is more than likely a group for that subject area. If not, you can create one!

It is difficult to connect with others in my field. Google+ allows me to share ideas with other educators.

Google+ review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Google+ for Business"

What do you like best?

I liked the universal platform that allowed our company and all of my colleagues WORLDWIDE to share any and everything related to the business, ask questions and communicate in real time across Google+

What do you dislike?

It took me a second to get my profile set up and take the time to invest in the platform but once I did there isn't much to dislike, more of a "user" error :) than the program itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great program, even if your company and all of your employees are in one office Google+ solves one of the biggest problems in business, communication - in real time- so everyone is on the same page as decisions are made

We were lucky enough to have a company performing around the world and Google+ allowed us to have that open conversation in real time, when communication can easily be lost in a company of our size

Google+ review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"Feels Pointless "

What do you like best?

It allows me to set up a YouTube channel and leave comments on other videos. I mostly wanted it for that reason.

What do you dislike?

It feels really pointless to have it. No one else really uses it for anything so connecting with others doesn't really happen. I have never connected with a client or made a connection with anyone using Google+ and don't foresee using it more in the future. If I didn't need it to comment on videos I would not have bothered with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't bother if you don't need to.

I only needed it to be able to set up my YouTube channel and comment on other videos. Those have really been the only benefits I have seen thus far.

Google+ review by Tommy S.
Tommy S.

"Good way to network"

What do you like best?

Google Plus provides a great interface for viewing photos all in one place and sorting popular collections of photos or articles simply by whatever interests you.

What do you dislike?

The system lacks intuitiveness and has more in common with Twitter and Instragram, rather than a social networking service such as Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to be using it strictly for business and do not want a lot of extra frills, it may be a good choice. It is a good source of information when performing routine background checks on potential employees and how they are outside of work, but as a social networking service I believe it could do a much better job.

We routinely use all forms of social media, to include Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to conduct character checks on potential employees of the agency.

Google+ review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Simple To Use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that I can access my pictures, documents, and emails all in one place and share them with my contacts. I also like that I can convert documents through my google drive. This is an asset.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the documents fail to convert to other forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this as a means of easy access for administrators and teacher. The program allows for whoever needs to access documents to be able to do so without bothering you as you work. This has helped considerably as I find my school needs documents or pictures very quickly.

Solving the problem of printing pictures to share with the management but can simply email them so they can access them at all times.

Google+ review by Ansley C.
Ansley C.

"Good but needs work."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of access that accompanies Google+. I like how it is easy to share only with certain people and how you can watch videos in sync.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see it grow. It has a long way to go to compare to Facebook. It has a lot of issues with the user layout and Hangouts features.

It solved my issue of easy sharing with multiple people and staying in sync with videos and music and picture sharing.

Google+ review by User in Military
User in Military

"Google+ Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Google+ can allow me to use several Google apps together to communicate with other people.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many people do not use Google+ and it can be a difficult product to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to explore Google+ and all of its features because it has a lot of potential when implemented correctly.

We use Google+ to communicate with clients and to share information with them.

Google+ review by Katherine P.
Katherine P.

"Works great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that multiple people can work with a document at the same time

What do you dislike?

It's is sometimes a little counter-inuitive

Collaboration is so much easier this way

Google+ review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"School user that uses for teaching and research collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have a lot of the needed features that I use (documents, news, contacts) all in one place

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, extraneous information and contact pop up when I am trying to get work done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure to use fully the tools in Google drive such as documents, picture and forms. That way there is ease to transfer and share with people you are working with

Contact and productivity with my students and ease of access of information and distribution of materials to students. Things are very easily accessible when material is already in your Google drive.

Google+ review by Benjamin H.
Benjamin H.

"Google+ Exists..."

What do you like best?

The graphical layout is pretty good. A tool SEO's and social use for social indicators. Google looks after its own stable of products... If there was a more active community I might be more invested in this product. Again there is a lot of potential, and enough time has passed to make things work for this social platform. It could have been a great alternative to the over-saturated, over populated, ad heavy social offerings of our time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing amazing about this product, as mentioned by other reviewers it is a niche social product and adoption rates are low. I really don't know how to be engaged with a product when no one ACTIVELY uses it. Does this make it the hipster of social properties? I don't think so. It exists, but doesn't deserve a cultish following. Google waited and lost crucial market share with this one. Meh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google+ could potentially work, if users cared enough about its existence.

Social marketers use this product because it has Google's name attached to it. It equivocates to bowing down to a golden calf followed by industry sycophants.

Google+ review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"I like it but I'm not converting from facebook... yet."

What do you like best?

It's not ad heavy

I'm not getting bombarded by game requests

The format is more logically based. Things are where I would assume they would be.

I like the way it works with everything else I have in google

Ex: Circles

I like how easy it is to create groups

What do you dislike?

Not yet widely used.

All of my friends aren't on it.

I wish you could manipulate the layout

I would like to see two main rows and then a thin row off to the right showing "things you might be interested in"

I would like to have a customize-able news and sports feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and figure out the possibilities

Completely fill out your profile

Let it view your contacts

Post frequently

I have not used this for business yet

Google+ review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Great way to connect with those around you!"

What do you like best?

Google+ managed to make a social networking tool comparable to Facebook, but without the annoyances that come with Facebook (and its users). I think the institution of circles is pretty neat for choosing who sees what.

What do you dislike?

Google+ can be pretty tough to start when you've only used other social networking tools like Facebook. Once the learning curve has been conquered though you begin to see its potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect Google+ to be Facebook; it's not.

I don't have any business problems to speak of and I mainly use Google+ to keep in contact with friends and family.

Google+ review by Carrie K.
Carrie K.

"Google + combines a social media platform with business reviews"

What do you like best?

I like that it focuses on reviews more than other apps.

What do you dislike?

Not many people in my group use it regularly.

Google + gives me another way to keep track of reviews and comments.

Google+ review by Paul W.
Paul W.

"It's FaceBook for people who don't care about details"

What do you like best?

I like that the community doesn't seem to share unimportant details like "watching TV with my CAT!!" or "I forgot how much I like french fries". Or even, "I'm SO sad!!! Let me know you like me" like other social networks. Google Plus is a place where I go to share my great thoughts, links, pictures, etc. I also like the auto-upload feature on my phone. It will store my photos in the cloud, but not share them until I manually do so. It's great!

What do you dislike?

Needs more people and businesses to join in on the fun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget the value of Circles. Plus, you can add the same people into multiple circles. That way, you make sure to share the relevant information with the people that care. For example, my family doesn't care about my development posts, but my work buddies do.

We'll sometimes do a Google Hangout when solving problems. It allows screen sharing, and full-blown video conferencing.

Google+ review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Google plus review "

What do you like best?

The easy of use and how it links to other google apps.

What do you dislike?

I find that not everyone uses it as much as I do

It helpful for organizing people and events

Google+ review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"The best kept secret, that's not really a secret"

What do you like best?

Google+ has quite a few features, especially recently, that it is really pushing. The ability to upload photos and then the amount of options you have with your photos is quite impressive. In addition to that, being able to set your privacy from right there. In addition to this, you also have Google Hangouts which is also a pretty cool option that a lot of people don't know exists.

What do you dislike?

The lack of support from the community is the main dislike. Facebook is using Instagram, as an example, and the photo functionality with Google+ is generally better. It is gaining ground overall, but still lagging quite a bit behind the rest. Google+ really is a niche social media outlet at this point in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally like Google+ more than the other social options available. It's not the main social network for most and tends to be more niche. Anyone with a Google account is potentially on Google+, but they may not actively be using it. It also plays right into Google's ecosystem where everything is right there within the system.

Google+ allows a lot of flexibility and with the ability to group people based upon your segmentation allows you to keep things people straight. In addition to this, it has Google Hangouts which really could compete with Skype, but it has the same issue as adoption rates.

Google+ review by Thomas J. C.
Thomas J. C.

"A powerful and useful social media experience that more people should be using"

What do you like best?

Google+ is a clean, very uncluttered social media site that is tied to the other online products Google offers. Because of this inherent integration, useful things such as having pictures you take on your Android phone automatically back themselves up to your Google+ account, or using Hangouts (Google's multi-user text/video messaging service) are great.

I am also a big fan of the Communities within Google+ for several reasons. The users tend to be more willing to help other like-minded people compared to other social media platforms I've visited.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem that still hounds Google+ is the lack of adoption. I often times find myself wishing that all of the people that I am connected to on Facebook would also join Google+. I find the experience on + to be far more pleasant, and there are far fewer ads. At this point I don't know if Google has given up on the site, but I haven't seen much advertising anywhere regarding trying to draw in more users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a shot - needs more users!

I don't use Google+ for business myself, though there is an ability to have your business listed there. One of the nice bonuses of that is that it can tie into Google's other services, such as Google Maps. That means that you could very easily have users search Maps for businesses like your in their area and then get to your Google+ profile very easily.

Google+ review by User in Financial Services

"The platform is great for social networking and for staying up to date with friends, family, colleag"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to use and I love how it is connected to the Google suite of applications as I am a avid google user.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much that I dislike. I dont like how many different social media sites exist, I think that should all colloborate with the Google giant and just have Google +.

I benefit from it because I can stay in touch with my family and friends much easier

Google+ review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Another Google Product"

What do you like best?

another fun google product

free

social media content

What do you dislike?

hasnt gone full mainstream like facebook posting

another social media outlet for business use

Google+ review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Well integrated with other Google products, but that's about it."

What do you like best?

These days, Google Plus is a layer that sits on top of all Google products: everything from email to chat to calendar, to even search results.

What do you dislike?

While a lot of people "use" Google Plus, you get the feeling that very few people - other than digital marketing professionals and Facebook haters - actually USE the platform. Despite having a solid ecosystem of people in my Circles (G+ lingo for networks), and being in other people's Circles, it feels a bit empty most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not look to Google Plus as a standalone social network. Rather, look to it as an extension of your content publishing platform and other social networks. The more your network grows, the more you might find your content ranks better in personal search engine rankings (vs. global search results). That alone is a reason not to neglect Google Plus.

I initially started using Google Plus as many others did: to see what it was all about and if it'd help me connect to others in a way Facebook and Twitter didn't. When I figured out most people didn't use it except for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes, I continued to use it occasionally to read and post marketing- and business-related content.

Google+ review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Not useful for business"

What do you like best?

I already have a Gmail account, so I have a G+ account

What do you dislike?

No one else uses this platform, so it's not really functional

I'm not really solving a problem with Google+ since people don't really interact with this platform

Google+ review by Consultant in Consumer Services
Consultant in Consumer Services

"Easy to use and connect with others"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and connect with others

Links wells with your gmail account

What do you dislike?

Its limited in connecting with other social accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

link to other social media account

Expand options and track web hits

Google+ review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Google + for healthcare worker "

What do you like best?

The ease of access with the linking of a google account. The features available and connections with just using gmail account.

What do you dislike?

It is an additional item versus just being easily accessible via the gmail platform. This creates a barrier for some colleagues to join google + versus just using gchat via the email platform.

N/A no business problems to solve. This allows us to communicate as colleagues using hangouts.

Google+ review by Philip B.
Philip B.

"A G+ review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, almost open source software...

What do you dislike?

Not complete (but what software is)? Unix

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have you ever watched the IT Crowd? This is the internet.

Documentation. File sharing, collaboration

Google+ review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Awesome if you need an environment for classes of high school or older"

What do you like best?

All of google products are super user friendly and highly intuitive. The best part to me is that it isn't facebook, so you can concentrate more on the task at hand.

What do you dislike?

It's lack of popularity is it's only downfall if you are in advertising. Unless you are promoting tech related stuff, then you are in the right place.

None at the moment.

Google+ review by Shawngela P.
Shawngela P.

"The best social media site for interaction"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily interact with my followers. I also love that Google plus is an excellent platform to increase my exposure. This can be done by using Google Hangouts on Air. It is like having your own TV show for free.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about it. Over time the functionality and the ability to do more will just increase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google plus is the place to be if your customer base is global as well as local.

As a small business owner, it is great to have a social media platform that I can dramatically increase my exposure for free.

Google+ review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simple, user friendly, yet incredibly useful!!"

What do you like best?

Easy platform to manage. Very user friendly for first time users

What do you dislike?

Difficulty switching between emails platforms

Unified communication structure among our team

Google+ review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"New Generation Social Networking"

What do you like best?

This is a very clean yet elegant way to socialize with friends, form circles of your closest friends, and communicate by message or video call. I enjoyed joining plus because not only does it use my google account but I can track and save pictures, use google docs, but I can add friends and create a profile for myself. In a way it's Google's "Facebook." I also love Google Plus because I can follow celebrities and see any events or promotions they make. It's nice to get away from Facebook for a little bit to go to a social networking site that is different and unique in its own way. Give it a try, it won't hurt, plus you can access your calendar, mail, favorite searches, or contacts off of Google Plus. It is a great way to conference call with colleagues!

What do you dislike?

It is a great service, I just don't like that not enough people are on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would play with it a bit, edit and add to your profile to make it colorful and make circles to organize your friends. It is a great way to keep track of past friends, close friends, or class mates/ colleagues.

Google+ review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"Google+"

What do you like best?

The ease and ability to connect with peers and platforms within the Google Suite of products

What do you dislike?

It's still in its infancy stages and not all business contacts have adopted it as a general communication vehicle

Communication within peers. Hopefully we can use as an advertising vehicle within the social networks

Google+ review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"It's a Start"

What do you like best?

Google+ is a possible alternative to other more popular social media sites

What do you dislike?

The big negative right now with Google+ is that there is just not enough people signed up on it to make it into a vast community

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's still too early for me to recommend Google+ I'll have to see how many others jump on the band wagon to really jump start this community.

It's a great place for our office staff to have virtual meetings and chats.

Google+ review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Google+ is something I know I should use but don't"

What do you like best?

I like that Google is basically dominating the world and G+ seems to be on the up-and-up

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cant integrate Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with G+

Recommendations to others considering the product

It hasn't picked up as much as it will, but it is worth getting a G+ profile and using it now on the forefront of the moving trends.

Business problems are not necessarily being solved here, but personal brand management is made easy with G+.

Google+ review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Better focus than Facebook, but lacking in users"

What do you like best?

Those who use Google+ seem to focus on news/current events, blog articles, popular culture, etc. Compared to Facebook, which is full of TMI and self-glorification, Google+ is refreshing and easy to browse. It's also nice that you can use Hangouts to connect with other users.

What do you dislike?

For a company that is usually ten steps ahead of everyone else, Google surprisingly showed up to the social networking party a bit late with Google+. There just aren't a lot of people using it. By the time it appeared it was hard to justify using it if you were already on Facebook and Twitter...seemed like just another site to keep updated. That being said, I prefer it to Facebook (which I no longer use).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're simply looking for a social networking site that keeps you in the loop with some of your closest friends, this is a decent option.

Google+ review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"Love google+ just wish more people were on it. "

What do you like best?

It's clean, ad-less, and is everything i need. I wish I could just snap my fingers and put everyone I have friended on facebook into google+.

What do you dislike?

The simple fact is that there just isn't enough of my friends or family on google+ to bring me over completely. Sure I have an account, but i only check it like once a month or occasionally when I'm signed it to email because it's so easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got a lot of friends already on google+ i'm jealous. Have your friends talk to my friends, and then we can be friends.

Google+ review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"great features"

What do you like best?

very insightful and easy to navigate and can find anything you are looking for

What do you dislike?

nothing that I dislike-think it advances more and more with the years

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it it's better than bing, yahoo and ask

none that I forsee

Google+ review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Useful in Limited Ways but Not Up to Par With SOCIAL Networks"

What do you like best?

It is nice to be able to follow connections easy without waiting for an add. As a company, this also allows you to connect more easily with customers. The integrability with other Google and Android products is also superb--particularly Gmail. Photo upload is also surprisingly easy.

What do you dislike?

There aren't enough people using Google Plus yet to really make it worth devoting a significant amount of time, too. It's not really a SOCIAL network, therefore. I also don't like the idea that I can't choose who follows me and block certain people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in branding/marketing yourself and/or your business, it is important to have a presence on Google Plus, even if it is not quite at par with Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.

Google+ review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Telecommunications
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Telecommunications

"Communication."

What do you like best?

Expedient access. Maintenance is also possible.

What do you dislike?

Unregulated posting from third parties frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good to use-Posts should be monitored for peace.

Expedient exam revision. Funding offers have been received in direct response to the response opposite.

Google+ review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Fits and starts - redesign happens pretty often still"

What do you like best?

They are starting to figure out how to get hangouts to work. Integrating Gmail chat and Hangouts and Google+ is nice. It is easy to restart a multi-person hangout.

What do you dislike?

The most useless posts often appear on the newsfeed. The UI gets major overhauls and changes rather often and it is hard to find how to do things. For awhile, I was blocking friends accidentally and did not even know what was wrong when I couldn't hang out with them through Google+. Compared to Facebook, which doesn't prioritize news feed content well, it has even less relatively useful content for you!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it along with Skype and see what works best for you and the person/people you chat with.

Google+ review by Bernardo D.
Bernardo D.

"Great social network for more purposes than just 'social'"

What do you like best?

Despite what the popular opinion is, Google+ didn't come up late and it's definitely not to be ignored - not only can Google+ be great for your community, but it can also help you improve your website's ranking.

What do you dislike?

If you manage a Google+ page for a brand, company, organisation etc., you'll have a hard time trying to find any analytical data on your page's performance. It was supposed to be integrated within Google Analytics, but it still seems to be a work in progress. If you do want to track your page's performance, make sure you use a tool like SimplyMeasured, SocialBakers, Adobe Social etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you post at least 5-10 times a week to improve your site's PageRank.

Google+ review by Cate C.
Cate C.

"SEO Requirement & Useful Integrations"

What do you like best?

Google+ gets a lot of flack but at the end of the day, it is incredibly useful for a few things:

1. SEO - Set up Google Authorship and your links are much more likely to get click-throughs.

2. Communications - Google Hangouts & the integration with Gchat is very useful for team communications.

What do you dislike?

As a social network, Google+ is lacking. Adoption is still low and without anyone ON the network, it isn't very social.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Google has even bigger things in store for their system so I wouldn't write it off just yet. If you view it as a collaboration tool rather than a social network - it can be really useful.

Google+ review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Google's social network "

What do you like best?

Sleek interface

Seamlessly integrates with the rest of Google's ecosystem

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike other than Google+ doesn't have many users to connect with

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more users that start using Google+, the more interesting it will become.

Social Network

Makes it easy to share posts with certain circles like family or people I work with

Google+ review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Google+ May Have A Chance Yet"

What do you like best?

I wasn't too hot about Google+, just another social tool to manage was my opinion. However, as the years go by, this is actually one of my favorite personal networks for identifying up and coming photographers.

What do you dislike?

Note the use of "personal" above. Google+ is not geared towards businesses. Sorry, Google. The minute you gave users the ability to put select groups into select circles, you destroyed the idea that business could reach out. Any smart person would group all businesses together and dub it spam. Also, with all its features, it does run a tad bit slow. And as we live in a click-happy world...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're noticing that your grandmother is on Facebook, that Facebook is looking strangely like MySpace (brings back memories, really), Google+ may be your boat.

Google+ review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Google+"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the sense of community it creates even though we are stretched across the country.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I currently dislike about Google+

Creating a community

Google+ review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"Really not sure about this"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface. There is a wealth of functionality and integration with other Google apps. Of all of the social networks I have used this the least. I need to use it more. I think that it has great potential.

What do you dislike?

There is so much here that it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. But I have not found anything in particular that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try it and see if it works for you. Of course a lot depends on your circles also using it.

Google+ review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"No Compelling Reason to Drive User Adoption"

What do you like best?

It's a great way to store pictures (the smartphone app can be configured to automatically upload them from your phone), you can control which groups of your contacts have access to what data, and hangouts are a nice video conferencing alternative to some of the other tools out there (i.e. Skype, etc).

What do you dislike?

Google+ isn't very popular compared to other social media sites and Google hasn't really provided people with a compelling reason to use it. So it's a catch-22 situation - people aren't going to log in and use the site regularly unless they know a lot of other people who are doing the same thing and those people are also sitting on the sidelines waiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not a bad site but you might want to check out some of the other social networking sites first.

Google+ review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Thought I would like it."

What do you like best?

Instant upload of pictures from your smartphone to your account (must have the Goolge+ app for this and turn the feature on). Being able to chat, email, keep up on trends, etc. I am not a facebook user so I thought I would give this a try. I just don't find time to 'post' things like I thought I would.

What do you dislike?

Not enough users. If more people used it more often then I think I would like it more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It comes with your Gmail account, so why not give it a try?

Google+ review by Josh Harcus I.
Josh Harcus I.

"Still useful, though not a main social platform for me"

What do you like best?

Commenting on youtube using Google+ is pretty cool.

What do you dislike?

It's not as shareable, so it's not a good content referral for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the most popular, but as a marketer you need to be familiar with the platform

Everything integrates with Google+ so that's nice.

Google+ review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"For organizations"

What do you like best?

Sleek UI, no unwanted page suggestions, no unnecessary Ads. Easy to find followers. Better than Orkut. Integration with other Google products

What do you dislike?

Not enough users or information available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try this as you browse FB. This will be very helpful if you are an org.

Google+ review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="fed97638-60e4-4f2f-a606-9c133d11da14">Mitch M.</span>
Mitch M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Not Sure If This Will Catch On"

What do you like best?

It's cool how they allow you to separate your circles creating an environment for business (linkedin,) social (Facebook,) and family. The integration with Google hangouts is also really nice. The +1 concept was genius too (seeing what your friends have "liked") but I just don't see it catching on.

What do you dislike?

There aren't a lot of people actively using it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't give this much weight in business use

Google+ review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"The Glue that Holds Google Together"

What do you like best?

I must admit to being skeptical to Larry Page's Google+ strategy way back when. But years later, I look back, and recognize how genius it all is. Google+ is a brilliant tool that ties all of Google's other amazing products together.

What do you dislike?

Not enough of my friends use it regularly, so the Network Effects are a little more limited for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start up a profile!

Google+ review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Google+ Review"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Google+. I love that you can have GIFs on your cover photo and in posts. I feel like the overall audience on the social network is also more tech savy. I also like it for SEO reasons

What do you dislike?

I dislike the analytics. They don't make it easy to set up analytics or see how your page is doing.

Google+ review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Good idea but it looks too much like other competitors."

What do you like best?

Google Plus is easy to use and it has a stable number of users, most being on it for business purposes which it is great for.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there are not many users using this product along with knowing that there are better alternatives out there on which developers have been working on for much longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you like it and that you do not wish to try out other products.

Google+ review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Google+"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to communication with colleagues

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, though needs better presentation on mobile devices

Connection between colleagues

Google+ review by User in Higher Education

"Efficient!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use & structured for any resource.

What do you dislike?

nothing at all, I would highly recommend.

None.

Google+ review by Celeste B.
Celeste B.

"Favorite social network software"

What do you like best?

I love how my phone auto-saves images to my Google Plus account so I can easily share them with family and friends. Love the new hangout that is integrated too.

What do you dislike?

A little tough to find things sometimes, though it's likely just because I'm a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Far better than Facebook!

Google+ review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Circles!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily limit what you share

What do you dislike?

the interface can sometimes get clogged with random posts

edocument saving and webclipping

Google+ review by Kristin H.
Kristin H.

"Who needs it?"

What do you like best?

I get where Google's head was at when they decided to launch their own network, but this one is just not meant to be. The product is actually pretty good. I like how it allows users to bucketize their circles of influence. The video chat feature is great. The tech is all there.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that's missing is the community. I mean, really missing. Consider this: on Google+, the biggest brand page that exists (as of today) is for Brittany Spears, and it has 5.1 million followers. Compare that to Britney's 22 million followers on Facebook, and you'll start to see the difference in overall community size.

For that reason, using Google+ can feel like shouting down a dark hallway: maybe something you say will reach someone on the other end, but there's no way to know for sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about why you're doing it. Seriously. If you're not reaching a new audience with this platform, it may not be worth it.

If you're committed to making Google+ work for you, then I'd also recommend you check out the video conferencing software. It's pretty great.

Google+ review by Sai K.
Sai K.

"long way to go from facebook"

What do you like best?

it is good start from google but cant replace facebook. Not many users on google + and not much activity going on. Most people does not share their pictures and most of the non techy people do not know about google + service

What do you dislike?

Not much user base

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you r in google services and need a social network

Google+ review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"An empty room."

What do you like best?

G+ is clean and well integrated into the entire Google platform. Actually, it's so pretty that Facebook seems to be moving toward a more G+ look.

What do you dislike?

There's nobody there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect too much activity.

Google+ review by User in Computer Software

"Decent social media tool - but adoption is low compared to FB"

What do you like best?

Circles feature is cool, but similar results can be achieved in FB. Like the newsfeed in G+ better, but again, very few people I know are on G+, so not much content on there that's relevant.

What do you dislike?

Not many people I know have profiles on G+. People simply don't have time for both Facebook and G+.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure enough of your friends / colleagues have profiles before jumping in.

N/A

Google+ review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great interface and idea, but lacks popularity."

What do you like best?

Honestly, I really like the idea of Google Plus and the interface. It's very clean and basic and I'm a big fan of being able to organize your contacts and limit their visibility of you choose. Google Hangouts is a great concept and works well as long as everyone in the group has a solid connection.

What do you dislike?

Lacking popularity. Very few people that I know have even heard of Google+ and even fewer use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice to have, but don't get your hopes up because I don't see this taking off like Facebook.

Google+ review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Google Wave was "the next big thing" too"

What do you like best?

Do you remember Google Wave?

You probably don't. But Google Wave was supposed to be the next big thing in social networking. So why should we believe that Google+ will be?

I think the answer is: we shouldn't.

Despite the stats toting it as "the fastest growing social network ever," Google is merely playing catch-up. At least Google Wave was innovative. It was a totally new concept on sharing and collaborating. Google+ is just a combination of Twitter and Facebook. It's really nothing new. And fails help us with any problems or needs that Facebook and Twitter don't already solve.

So be cautious. The stats are misleading. And largely inflated by Google+'s integration with its new social search algorithm. Google+ may not die as suddenly as Google Wave but it will never be "the next big thing."

What do you dislike?

Cluttered with marketers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Join for the social search integration when Googling.

Google+ review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Best way to get your content found"

What do you like best?

don't discount how often potential buyers go to good ole Google for search. SM experts swear by Google+ as a way to increase search ranking (and being found).

What do you dislike?

Can't use tools like Buffer to post content to G+. If you want to post something to LinkedIN and G+ you need to manually post twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a sales rep or Social Marketing dept, cross post your content to G+

Google+ review by Bobby H.
Bobby H.

"It's no Facebook or Twitter"

What do you like best?

It pairs easily with my google accounts which keeps all the information in a centralized location.

What do you dislike?

It came out too late with not enough features to beat facebook and Twitter

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's okay,

Google+ review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Social media but a bit to late in the day"

What do you like best?

Google + integrates with other google products.

Android phones automatically upload photos to Circles. These circles are a great way to easly share data with others in a secure manner. Its far easier that facebook to share to a select group of people.

What do you dislike?

Facebook got the market in the arena. Google + is catching up, but Facebook with the number of subscribers is a long way ahead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for sharing photos easily

Google+ review by Linda K.
Linda K.

"My least used social platform"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of having an alternative to FBook but that is all Google + seems to be, an alternative.

What do you dislike?

There is not a big draw to use it. I feel like it lacks depth and does not offer enough to draw me to it compared to Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not on it already do not bother.

Google+ review by User in Computer Software

"good for connections"

What do you like best?

see what's up with friends and whether they have changed companies

What do you dislike?

not enough people in it, so you don't find everyone you are searching for.

checking contacts

Google+ review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Who needs another facebook? "

What do you like best?

It is built in to all my other google apps.

What do you dislike?

I tried it but who needs another facebook? I got ride of MySpace seven years ago because I didn't want to check another not as good site?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facebook

Google+ review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"The SECRET to G+: UNLIMITED, FREE storage of photos and videos @ original quality"

What do you like best?

G+ currently provides *unlimited* storage of photos and videos at original quality. There is instant, automatic upload via mobile to the cloud for storage, and you can pre-define who it's shared with. Also, via the Android app, easily POST photos and videos to circles (pre-defined groups of people)

What do you dislike?

Not as many users as Facebook or other social media platforms, but I can easily invite others on to view my posts...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use PicasaWeb to manage your photo uploads onto Google+, but upload via Google+ to get access to unlimited, FREE storage. This is simply *unheard of* right now and is one of the absolute best features.

Google+ review by Vanessa F.
Vanessa F.

"Too little too late"

What do you like best?

Auto saves pictures taken from phone when you download the app

What do you dislike?

- UI isn't great

- not enough customization

- not enough users

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it's free it's a great place to store your photo's incase you lose your phone.

Google+ review by Grigori E.
Grigori E.

"miserable copy of other social network"

What do you like best?

the only good thing here is general integration with other products of Google,

What do you dislike?

creating social network right after the FB, it's like invent new bike, even if it look good, it's still not your niche anymore

Recommendations to others considering the product

better UI and alternative for circle of friends:)

Google+ review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Easy to use but feels redundant"

What do you like best?

Easy to categorize circles, add events and photos. Doesn't feel as cluttered as Facebook with all the advertisements

What do you dislike?

Nothing special. Seems like just another social apps to maintain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably worth using but don't see how it's better than Facebook.

Google+ review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Social Media phase 2"

What do you like best?

The Google UI is fantastic. very easy to use and navigate. Integration into the rest of the Google world is a big perk. Constantly improving functionality. Overall, a better experience than Facebook.

What do you dislike?

Once google gets you, they know everything about you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. You might like it more than Facebook.

Google+ review by User in Capital Markets
User in Capital Markets

"A little too late"

What do you like best?

It's a Google product, and tries to integrate with other areas of the user's Google life.

What do you dislike?

Low adoption means less fun. What's the point if your friends are not using it too?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facebook rules this world

Google+ review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Very useful"

What do you like best?

The convienence of it.

What do you dislike?

Needs more options to organize folders

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic. Get an account!

Google+ review by User in Financial Services

"Photo uploads from your mobile device"

What do you like best?

instant photo uploads

What do you dislike?

not being able to put photos into folders

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it

Learning about Google+?

* We monitor all Google+ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.