Gorkana

Gorkana provides media intelligence and insight to help you stay connected and manage your brands reputation, delivering campaigns, analyze impact and managing buisness value.

Work for Gorkana?
Zignal labs review  2x

Learning about Gorkana?

Gorkana Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 83 Gorkana reviews
Gorkana review by User in Financial Services

Great media monitoring porgram

What do you like best?

really enjoy the ability to create media monitoring lists for different topics, allows us to filter through what we need or don't need for a particular issue or topic. Makes it easy to identify and connect with journalists in our targeted spheres.

What do you dislike?

wish the interface was a little more sophisticated; it looks like like the 90's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your whole team involved in the implementation stage. The process is much smoother if you have a strategic approach to the organization's media priority topics and goals. Really research those identified in your media lists once you customize them to narrow your general topic into a niche field. Some reporters are more apt to pick up stories only in a small segment of a larger topic, and targeting them generally instead of with something that will really interest them, you'll lose the chance to build that relationship. Double check journalist affiliations on gorkana with the publications website; sometimes changes in employment aren't updated right away.

Attempting to demonstrate the value of PR and media outreach efforts beyond just press hits. Allows us to define statistics on topics and generate new ideas for how to stay on trend and get our message out there.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gorkana
Gorkana review by <span>Savannah J.</span>
Savannah J.

Great for media outreach

What do you like best?

I love Gorkana and how up to date, accurate and useful the media contact information is. I use Gorkana regularly when building media lists and sourcing media contacts.

What do you dislike?

The Gorkana rapid response service could be faster. I also think that the search function could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Rapid Response service if a reporter contact information is not listed.

I use Gorkana for media relations, outreach and engagement. It is very useful when sourcing reporters' contact information.

What PR Analytics solution do you use?

Gorkana review by <span>Flavius R.</span>
Flavius R.

My point of view about Gorkana

What do you like best?

I like the user interface and the search functions capacities which have been helpful to me. I like the news that they send around through email, and the data they give about each contact. Is easy to use and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I find that they don't have a solid database with updated contacts, I found a lot of existing contacts which are outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest you Gorkana. It's something else, a different database..

We are utilizing the administration function as our primary media. The administrations enables numerous clients from our organization to sign on and the clients are each allocated with their own username. With Gorkana we can save money and time.

Gorkana review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

Very Good product, could always be better

What do you like best?

I mostly use Gorkana for list building and finding specific contact information at media outlets. I find the database to be much more updated than that of Cision or similar products. Also, the rapid response team is great in assisting you when a contact is incorrect or not found.

What do you dislike?

As with any database, it could always be more closely monitored for people leaving different news outlets and joining others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a solid product with a lot to offer. Would recommend as your main list building software.

Gorkana is great to build a list based on specific criteria on journalists or types of news outlet. Laos, to find someones email or phone number quick, the search function is great!

Gorkana review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

Great journalist database

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to search for journalist and usually am able to add them to a press list fairly quickly. I do like that I can contact anyone to help me add a journalist or a publication to the database easily. It's an easy to use database and it typically has a lot of journalists names and publications in there.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you cannot search for a journalist by state or city. It makes it very difficult for planning purposes if you are planning a media tour in a different city or need to find journalists in a specific city for a city-focused initiative. The customer service people at Gorkana are also pretty rude. I have emailed them in the past, and while they get back to me quickly, they don't read my email or give me an answer back that is pretty obvious and not the answer I am looking for. The database is also lacking. I feel like the people that work at Gorkana are not proactively looking to update the journalists profiles or find new journalists or publications. This is frustrating and when I have to email them 5 times about new journalists, it's like I am doing their job for their. Oh yeah and I am paying them to do this. It's very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product, and easy to use, but I wouldn't rely on it solely to create an accurate media list. It needs work in the sense of finding new journalists and publications and realizing that the space is changing and they need to adapt.

I am able to search for journalists in a large pool that cover the beat or sector I am looking for. The benefits is that it is quick, however, it's not always accurate. I have to cross reference the database with Google/LinkedIn profiles often because Gorkana is wrong a lot of the time.

Gorkana review by Administrator in Computer Software

Great media monitoring platform

What do you like best?

This is THE BEST media monitoring system. The contacts in the media data base were always up to date. It was easy to find new contacts at new publications and in new industries and geographies. Working at a PR agency, it was essential that I could trust my media monitoring system for accuracy on reporters and publications. It was also great for distributing press releases. I have used Cision, MeltWater, and a few others, but Gorkana is by far the best. My current company doesn't use it unfortunately, and I really miss it.

What do you dislike?

Gorkana was a little complicated to learn how to use. It is a very complex system, but once you learn how to use it, it's fantastic! It is also one of the pricier platforms, but it is 100% worth it in my opinion. It saved me so much time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO it! If you need to stay up-to-date on media publications and reporters, you need Gorkana. Also great for press release distribution, tracking email communications and monitoring success through analytics.

I was able to quickly and easily search for new media contacts and publications for pitching my clients. I was able to categorize media contacts any way I wanted, and also manage all email communications with them within the platform. It saved our company A LOT of time and money. The analytics capability was also super important in showcasing our PR efforts and our value to our diverse customer base.

Learning about Gorkana?

* We monitor all Gorkana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.