GoToMyPC

GoToMyPC is a VDI tool from Citrix that allows users to remotely access their Mac or PC.

Work for GoToMyPC?
Goverlan reach  remote desktop  2x

Learning about GoToMyPC?

GoToMyPC Reviews

Showing 34 GoToMyPC reviews
GoToMyPC review by <span>Julie L.</span>
Julie L.

Go To My PC Review - Excellent!!

What do you like best?

We use this software to connect to a remote PC that hosts all the accounting information for our sister company. It is very easy to access! The shortcut is helpful when I don't want to move away from what I am currently working on my desktop. The software is user friendly, quick, and doesn't crash. I would highly recommend this to another employee or business if they needed an online PC connection!

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we have had connection issues, but that has been diagnosed by our IT department and corrected. It would be better if the software didn't log out if it had not been used in over 10 minutes. The only other issue I have had is the time out feature. I would prefer to leave the process running in the background for longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend GoToMyPC! It connects businesses across the country and helps users more effectively communicate. I have used other software in previous jobs and this has by far been the easiest system for remotely connecting to another computer.

Using GoToMyPC solves the issue of distance between our VA and PA offices. Having access to the remote software has decreased the communication gap between our offices related to accounting software and processes. Overall the benefits have outweighed the disadvantages. I think the greatest contribution to our company has been the ease of connection and quick response from the host and client computers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GoToMyPC
GoToMyPC review by <span>Molly O.</span>
Molly O.

Great for working remotely

What do you like best?

I use GoToMyPC on a weekly basis to access my work desktop. It is great in that it is very easy to move from my screen, to my remotly-accessed screen. I have had zero instances of crashing.

What do you dislike?

The auto log out is terrible. Letting the screen sit for 10 minutes causes you to re-log in and is disruptive. I wish log in could be extended or the settings changed so I could choose. Log in requires two steps, which I always forget passwords for but that's user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GotomyPC is great for working remotely!

Solves the need to access my desktop while remote. Keeps me at home more often which I like!

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

GoToMyPC review by <span>Emily K.</span>
Emily K.

GoToMyPC to Solve Your Remote Working Needs!

What do you like best?

GoToMyPC is a great resource for anyone that works from home or works remotely. Unlike a server that can be accessed from home, GoToMyPC allows you to access your entire work computer from home. So say you save something to your desktop while working on it and then you want to work on it at home, you can access it even though it's not on the server! Never forget anything at work again!

What do you dislike?

Unless you have a large screen the remote desktop can be a bit small, especially for Mac users. However, this is easily fixable with the zoom function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a remote work this is a MUST! No need to worry about emailing yourself the correct documents or saving them on a server, they'll all be right where you left them when you walked out the door of the office!

Easing the transition into a larger percentage of work from home employees without having to invest in a server that can be accessed remotely.

GoToMyPC review by <span>Katharina R.</span>
Katharina R.

Great idea, sometimes a little glitchy

What do you like best?

It offers a lot of flexibility , and allows you to check in with the office even when traveling

What do you dislike?

it's not always easy to troubleshoot, I've had more than one time where it has refused to connect and says my computer isn't connected to the wifi, which isn't the case, it's hard because the costumer service blame it on our server and our IT people blame it on the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better trouble shooting, it's hard when there's nothing you can do to fix a situation when you're away from the host computer (which is the only time I use gotomypc)

Staying in touch with the office and being able to use all the programs you'd usually have even on a travel laptop

GoToMyPC review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

Great Software to Connect to PC

What do you like best?

I love being able to work remotely using this software. I can connect to my office PC from anywhere and any computer. I can also save my company money on licensing my laptop with expensive software that is already installed on my office PC.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there will be a glitch that causes my office PC to reboot. I have only had this happen a few very times and it did not hinder my ability to connect to my PC with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software....and FREE !

I am able to work remotely from any computer or laptop without specific software installed to do so. I can also connect to my PC to use expensive software without needing to license another PC.

GoToMyPC review by <span>Amir Houshang M.</span>
Amir Houshang M.

automatic monthly charge, impossible to cancel

What do you like best?

access to my pc for a one time few minutes , but then, the charges are coming month after month. calling th company, they claim by default it is set to auto monthly charges. when asking to show me proof that indeed i selected as such, they cant show original online document to support

What do you dislike?

they charge my account automatically every month, eventhough purchases for one time use. impossible to cancel, phone is the only options, hrs of phone calls playing music without anyone to help. super easy toenrole and pay money, totally impossible to camnvcell based on my experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

use a credit card that you can cancel, when decide to cencel your service, or else plan to be on the phone for days to get anyone to help you cancel if any

none

Learning about GoToMyPC?

* We monitor all GoToMyPC reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.