GoToWebinar

GoToWebinar is the world's most widely used webinar and webcasing software. Our 53,000 customers use it to drive new business and to inform and educate employees, partners and customers. Unlike the legacy webcasting technology of Enterprise competitors GoToWebinar is easy-to-use and easy to pick up. As a result you'll confidently host webinars with GoToWebinar in no time to reach your audience anytime and anywhere.

Work for GoToWebinar?

Learning about GoToWebinar?

GoToWebinar Reviews

Showing 378 GoToWebinar reviews
GoToWebinar review by Kristy L.
Kristy L.

"GoToWebinar is the simplest way to run webinars remotely"

What do you like best?

I like the features that allow participants to have access to different controls. In my marketing role, I run the technical side of setting up, testing, and executing live webinars on a regular basis. Our webinar presenters come from all over the world, and GoToWebinar allows them to control their own presentation while giving me the ultimate control of the tool as well.

What do you dislike?

The times that I've had issues with the platform that have stuck out the most, are when participants are confused with audio controls. There are so many pins and codes to enter, that the technical difficulties mostly arise due to user error in this multi-step process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recent upgrade of dashboard and tools, but still easy to use. Contact support if needed.

We are able to continue our webinar program seamlessly and have a process down. We have realized it is important to run practice sessions before live sessions to eliminate user error. It benefits our business greatly by collecting registrant data, syncing with Hubspot, and allowing us to conduct surveys as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about GoToWebinar
GoToWebinar review by Noah E.
Noah E.

"Easy to Use Webinar Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that GoToWebinar is a reliable web conferencing tool. I love that there is integrated cloud storage to save and archive meeting audio and video. I also enjoy the ability to save videos to a channel or playlist to keep past meetings organized.

What do you dislike?

I wish co-organizers were allowed to initiate meetings. I am often tasked with scheduling and building meetings inside the platform for other departments, but am required to start their meetings if they do not have access to the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GoToWebinar is a robust tool that will be a great asset to your learning and development toolkit.

We use the platform to connect with colleagues across 48 states. We often use the simple meeting recording settings to record webinars and screencasts to be used at a later time in our Learning Management System. We also use the platform on a regular basis to conduct team meetings and record session notes.

What Webinar solution do you use?

GoToWebinar review by Sara H.
Sara H.

"Good platform for webinars"

What do you like best?

I like how easily it integrates with Hubspot and how easy it is to setup a webinar, send promotional emails, and manage the webinar live. It also now provides the ability to be a fully web based presentation, instead of having attendees download software.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the settings are organized forcing you to go into each section, rather than just have one page of settings to change. I also don't like that you can't attach slides to the follow up email which forces me to create follow up emails separately instead of through the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you consider the cost of platforms vs. the benefits of the platform, you'll find GoToWebinar is one of the strongest webinar options for a limited budget.

We host webinars to provide thought leadership to both clients and prospects. It's helped us engage clients and increase usage, and has helped us close a lot of business with prospects.

GoToWebinar review by Bill G.
Bill G.

"GoToWebinar: Used it for months and it just works"

What do you like best?

Like any type of connectivity software I appreciate when the product ‘just works’. GoToWebinar does just that. There isn’t a lot to see in its interface. It is by no means ‘busy’, but that’s most often a good thing. So much software these days has a busy, cluttered and oftentimes inscrutable interface that makes it stressful to use, when you’re late attending a webinar, and what you really want is something that’s easy to understand, navigate and gets you connected...without a lot of extra intervention on your part...as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found any major faults as of yet. I’ve used it about a dozen times...for weekly meetings with our MSP, and it has worked without issue every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oftentimes you don’t have a choice in which product to use. It’s determined by whatever business or entity with which you are trying to connect. But when you have a choice, you should check out GoToWebinar. I’ve used it, and it’s a good, reliable product.

These webinars give us a lot of extra insight into what is happening with a lot of clients with whom we would otherwise be unable to interact. This insight helps us to know ‘how we are doing’. It gives us a way to measure how effective we are at achieving our recruiting goals.

GoToWebinar review by Michele S.
Michele S.

"The best experience with webinar"

What do you like best?

GoToWebinar is the best webinar service. It's incredibly easy to use and the customer service is always ready to help you in any occasion. Setting up a webinar is fast and if you don't have any idea on how to use the platform they provide you a lot of video tuts that can guide you through the use. It allows you to share your screen in real time (great if you use slide), GoToWebinar also allows you to send invitation eails directly from the platform.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunely GoToWebinar do not allows you to collect payments in the platform, great function if you (like me) have subscription based courses. There is also no way to implement the platform directly on your website, so your business identity is a bit in shadow. In any case the service is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't know the platform I higly reccomend you to try their trial version, you can understand the grat value of their services.

I work as marketing expert and with my team we consult for our client about best practice, especially with social media marketing. Thanks to GoToWebinar we can reach our clients with our courses with no pain. Thanks to GoToWebinar we cutted out our travel expenses, maximazing the incomes. We now can have several seminars in one day staying in the office. Also we love the fact that we can mix live seminars with the webinars for the clients that cannot reach our head quarters.

GoToWebinar review by Jonathan Y.
Jonathan Y.

"I used this program for a webinar for my work."

What do you like best?

I really liked how simple it was for me to follow the link from my email and automatically get connected to the webinar without any difficult logins or confusing numbers to get wrong. I really liked how the video worded in the application. I had fairly consistent and clear video while the webinar was going on .

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how sometimes the connection wasn't very good when using my phone. The connection would cut in and out occasionally. Overall, I had a very good experience. I didn't have many problems with a connection issue. It only happened occasionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure you have the application downloaded already before the time of the webinar. Otherwise, you may miss out on the opportunity to participate if there is an issue logging in or downloading the app.

I was able to take part in a large group of people learning about an opportunity with relative ease. I was able to learn more about the business I was researching and it may prove to be a good opportunity for myself and my students in the future.

GoToWebinar review by Jerrod M.
Jerrod M.

"Convenient and quality communication during webinars"

What do you like best?

It is convenient to conduct all sorts of web seminars with the help of the GoToWebinar. It is convenient and easy to manage comments, questions and track the number of visitors. Our customers like what kind of product we use when communicating with them because interface is simple, convenient, reliable, and most importantly understandable.

What do you dislike?

I really want to be able to put "record all sessions" in the settings right away, instead of making a record every time I click on the button. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to press the record button and it is real problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If we consider the program as a whole, then working with it has become much better and more productive. You will not regret when you acquire it. It is desirable that you have a good connection to the Internet and high-quality headphones with a microphone for communication.

With the help of the program, we can easily communicate with our customers and conduct remote webinars with employees. This is a really useful monetary investment.

GoToWebinar review by Natalie W.
Natalie W.

"Easy to use software that has proved useful for team calls"

What do you like best?

I really like that you have the option to use computer or phone audio. It helps get around device issues that people inevitably have. Especially when we're holding meetings that include people from outside our organization. Also love the chat feature, raising hands, etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I immediately wish was different. I've never experienced any glitches while using GoTo and overall have had a positive experience. Sometimes people forget to mute one device when using the other for audio so there's feedback, but that's really a user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great especially if you have large conference calls where materials need to be shared

Large conference calls with people from all over the country and representing a variety of different organizations. Other software like skype and slack have small participant limits and require downloads that confuse people who aren't familiar with the program. This was very intuitive for participants to use, had all the features we needed, and allowed people to use their device of preference.

GoToWebinar review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Excellent webinar software for presenting to customers"

What do you like best?

Sharing screen and presentations.

Recording webinars which can be converted into a video which can be shared on video sites.

Users are muted at the start of the webinar, until you unmute them.

Invitations can be sent out with links so that the customers can sign up to the webinar.

Attention rates let you know if your content is relevant to the attendees.

Customers are able to connect and are held in a waiting area until the broadcast begins.

What do you dislike?

Working as a single person can be tricky, monitoring questions and speaking at the same time.

Creating polls and questions has to be done in advance, question type is limited.

Knowing if you are actually broadcasting correctly is tricky without connecting as a customer on another device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use screen sharing software to present to customers. Easy for customers to sign in and register.

We broadcast customer updates about our software, sharing Powerpoint and software demonstrations.

GoToWebinar review by Livia S.
Livia S.

"Go To Webinar for my webinar and class"

What do you like best?

The software is cloud based, this make it easy to use and setup wherever you are and with any device. Go To Webinar can help to manage a large amount of participants with no problems. You can chat and read what they write. It's also easy to share webcam video or screen.

What do you dislike?

It can be a liitle bit pricey since many screen share are avaible for free, but if you use Go To Meeting like me there is no problems. If they improve the local dialing codes variety can help a lot with other countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to reach many people but respecting your budget this is the right solution. The cost can appear higher than other services but if you think of all the expenses that you have to front to travel for your seminars you have a clear idea why this is a great choice.

Thanks to Go To Webinar we are able to deliver our classes and conference in our work field in a solid and straight way. The platform helps us to save money because we are able to support training seminars staying in the office but reaching clients and other offices from other regions in Italy.

GoToWebinar review by Laura K.
Laura K.

"Easy to Use, Not Ideal for Ticketed Webinars"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to set up, and the reporting and options are robust. You can either duplicate an existing webinar, or start from scratch, and the UI basically walks you through everything - with a few exceptions. When running a webinar, there are options for chatting, polls, answering questions, and providing handouts, as well as the ability to selectively mute and unmute users.

What do you dislike?

The interface at times feels clunky, and I've had some issues during live webinars - not repeated, but once the audio cut out completely with no explanation. I also wish it allowed for more integration into our website or a stronger look & feel modification. Additionally, during webinars it can be challenging to effectively use some of the options unless you're on a separate computer (which can be challenging since many staff don't feel confident in using the webinar software alone).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're expecting to charge for webinars, I'd probably look for something that meets that need instead. If you're holding free, lead acquistion sessions, or just screen sharing during meetings (but need recording and large attendee capabilities) this isn't a bad choice.

We offer free informational webinars for our products. We may choose to use it to conduct ticketed webinars for CE credit for our members, but will have to come up with a workaround for paid live webinars or paid recording access.

GoToWebinar review by Gabriela T.
Gabriela T.

"Talk about a poor UX..."

What do you like best?

That it's easy to use, it has a "free" feature and your CPA stays low due to the low cost. Quick pop-ups are great and customer success team over there has been wonderful to work with. Integration with GA is great as well.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to customize anything you want. The design is poor. Hard to update materials and create similar feels as your own page. As a company who expresses their interest in maintaining "good user experiences" the experience on their website is extremely poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better user acquisition platforms out there that are more content friendly. I think they can work on their user experience a little better. A lot of the features are clunky and its hard to update content.

Driving demand for our business. Benefits is that Sumo will bring you those names. Whether or not they are quality, that's a different story.

GoToWebinar review by Carlota V.
Carlota V.

"If you use GotoWebinar, you´ll hold nice and smooth meetings"

What do you like best?

GotoWebinar is a tool that allows you to broadcast your webinars and live presentations in an easy way. I´m amazed at how easy to use is GotoWebinar: I only need to add a title and a description for my webinar presentation, then decide if the presentation will be a one-time show or if it will be held during multiple sessions, finally I can select the time of the session as well as the language, and I´m ready to start inviting attendees, and all of this is really easy to do! I also love that I can record my live presentations easily.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike about GotoWebinar is that I think it´s a bit overpriced. I mean, 89 American dollars per month is a bit high for average users. Also, sometimes it takes a bit of time to start running smoothly, and this is quite a letdown at times. Having said this,If you can really afford the monthly fee, and you´re a heavy user of live web presentations for up to 100 participants, then go ahead and get GotoWebinar because its features are amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you´re someone who constantly needs to present live webinars, which include dozens of participants, then GotoWebinar is the tool for you as it easily allows you to create and share your events, within seconds (and you can also record all of your live events). If you want this, and you can afford 89 dollars per month, then go for it. I think you won´t regret it.

If you can communicate directly to your audience, then you´re achieving the dream of every business. And that´s what GotoWebinar helps me achieve: I can talk to my audience directly, face-to-face, in real-time, in a fast and effective way. I´m still building my own home business, but I think that this technology makes it easy for any type of business to get recognized and trusted in a fast and reliable manner.

GoToWebinar review by User

"Great Meeting Platform"

What do you like best?

An easy way to present or attend a training, whether it be to one person or a large group. Webinars can also be recorded and made available later. The presenter can share their screen to help with the training so you can see exactly what they're doing. You can either turn your mic on and directly talk with them, or for larger crowds you can just comment rather than speak . They are also very easy to join!

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I don't like about the webinars... they are super convenient and easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's super easy and a great learning tool. Much easier than traditional screen sharing.

We can attend trainings through several of our major software platforms (Central Reach, ADP) and ask any questions/learn about features while seeing the company in action by sharing their screen. It helps us understand and implement a lot more accurately!

GoToWebinar review by Tandy A.
Tandy A.

"Good and clear organization."

What do you like best?

Perfect Software which I can use every day with no problem. Gives the ability to use Webinar in real time and with a good connection. Also, I like that this platform always updates tools for us.

What do you dislike?

If speak about cons, then I don't have what to say. Generally, a program working good and gives good opportunity. Good organization. I like to work with it and I guess you will like it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Actually, that software has good tools which you will use every day. Perfect and easy way to understand. Simple to set up. The connection is good.I recommend it to you.

Helps to all my team to track all customers who is interesting to us. Also, gives the ability to make a report. Opportunity to use webinar from any place where will be suitable for me.

GoToWebinar review by Lisa K.
Lisa K.

"GoToWebinar "

What do you like best?

GoToWebinar allows to record the session and use mobile device. It has a user friendly interface, the navigation through the service is very intuitive and self-explanatory. Additionally, there are numerous services both online and offline that could improve the quality of your work and the exploration of new tools and features.

What do you dislike?

I had a lot of problems related to the product quality. Sometimes it was impossible to switch between applications when you were sharing the screen (I needed to switch between PowerPoint presentation and system that I demonstrated). It was very frustrating, and tech support was not able to resolve the issue, so I switched to WebEx.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GoToWebinar can be used as an alternative to Skype for conducting video conferences and presentations.

I used GoToWebinar for teaching and it turned out to be a great service with pleasant experience for both me and my students. My students pointed out that they specifically liked the initial process as it clearly described all the future steps and gave a brief overview of the interface.

GoToWebinar review by Brittany R.
Brittany R.

"Webinar for business"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily click a link in your email inbox to access a webinar at a certain date and time. Once you click the link (if you’ve already signed up with go to webinar) it will directly take you to the webinar you have joined as an attendee and you can even interact with whoever’s giving the webinar and others if that options been turned on by the coordinator.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t come across anything I dislike. I don’t have another webinar based platform I use to compare too.

The benefits that come with GoToWebinar include: being able to quickly hop on a webinar, having recordings of the webinar, many people in one place to chat and learn, especially helpful when you’re a cloud based company**

GoToWebinar review by Jesse W.
Jesse W.

"It's a solid product, no complaints"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use and for the most part is very reliable. It's great that it integrates with Salesforce and our marketing automation platform.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the integrations break and there isn't a lot in the way of troubleshooting or alerts. Additionally, downloading contacts/lists post webinar is a bit difficult, we actually haven't figured out how to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We chose GoToWebinar because of the API. This is the one thing that we've found to be unique about the product, it's much easier to use than most other solutions.

We're using it to host all of our webinars, they generally have +500 attendees.

GoToWebinar review by Andy G.
Andy G.

"No Excuses - do more Webinars"

What do you like best?

Pretty simple to use tool, great extensibility and has all the features you need to ensure you get the job done.

What do you dislike?

Like with all tools there are limitations such as # of involved parties or attendees, etc, but unless you are hosting a multitude of people you should be good to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try all of the other players in the market, that way you have a broad sense of capabilities and pros/cons. Each tool is not created equally and GTW has pretty much the bandwidth to go toe to toe with the rest but at least do your research justice.

We solve hosting large webinars for a decent size population of users, customers, partners, alliances, vendors, etc. We have a small team that run them so having a tool that is agile and nimble is a requirement.

GoToWebinar review by Gino J.
Gino J.

"Just with Webinar "

What do you like best?

On my opinion Webinar is great thing that we have. At first allows you to conduct webinars without delay in the broadcast. Secondly it's constantly develop new tools for solving your problems. Protected from attack by intruders. Which is really good.

What do you dislike?

How to say it was from the begin its was little bit hard to setup but after was used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely i will recommend it. It's new for us but from other side it's really cool. A lot of coming. It's easy to understand whats going on.If some one tried i dont think that you will stop.

As for me Reporting is excellent and tracks the interest levels of the participants. Also I can login and can view the webinar from wherever they are and interact as usual.

GoToWebinar review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Excellent way to learn, share ideas"

What do you like best?

In my field, there is no shortage of webinars and continuing education opportunities. It's difficult when you have a lean staff to get out of the offices for classes or conferences. GoToWebinar makes it easy to "attend" useful seminars and conferences right from my office, so I can be available in case of work emergency. It's also nice for onboarding new systems or programs; we can jump on a webinar to view tools or do trainings without having to travel.

What do you dislike?

As with any internet tool, technical issues do sometimes occur leading to the loss of information, time or materials that others can view or use and you cannot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great options for sharing information, presenting information to others and allowing for interactions/submission of questions and answers, as well as polling information.

This tool is particularly useful for us for trainings, education and classes that can be presented virtually or that are being held at a location inconvenient for our staff. We save time, money, travel and can use time for other things.

GoToWebinar review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"Bait and Switch User Agreements"

What do you like best?

The software worked fine for hosting webinars and it integrated with HubSpot.

What do you dislike?

Compared to alternatives in the market, GoToWebinar is expensive and did not provide value to our organization. When they were acquired by LogMeIn last year they unilaterally changed their terms of service to lock clients into 12 month auto-renewal terms. We switched away from their service because we found a better solution in Zoom and they auto-renewed our account without notice to our firm. There service team took 4 weeks to respond to an initial inquiry around the auto-renewal and has not been helpful in resolving the situation. For a comparable cost to what we paid for a single user license of GoToWebinar we were able to switch to a single Zoom Webinar license and roll out Zoom meetings to 10 of our users. This wasn't feasible with the combination of GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the terms and conditions clearly as LogMeIn does not provide the flexibility in terms that most other software providers offer.

We used GoToWebinar to host monthly marketing webinars for our business. The service worked okay although we found the cost to be excessive relative to other providers in the market.

GoToWebinar review by Holly P.
Holly P.

"User-friendly Meeting Assistant"

What do you like best?

Go-To-Webinar is an easy-to-use platform for virtual meetings. It is user-friendly and provides a fairly simple interface for your meeting attendees and organizers. The software brings everyone together with the capability of document and presentation sharing across geographical lines.

What do you dislike?

The main downside of Go-To-Webinar is its customer service. Over 2 years, the software has malfunctioned a few times (not a lot), but when it does you're left scrambling to find a solution for your meeting. If the site is down. you can try to contact customer service but likely they'll just tell you to wait it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is easy to use but hope the site is never down during your meeting.

My company uses Go-To-Webinar for meeting presentations to connect attendees from across the state, country, and sometimes the globe. For that reason, it's great that the platform has a toll-free call in option for attendees.

GoToWebinar review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"Very useful and user friendly webinar viewing software"

What do you like best?

It's easy to jump into a webinar with this software. Just click the link and it'll handle the execution and login for the webinar. I also like the additional functions of being able to "raise your hand" and text box functions to ask questions and give feedback as needed without needing a microphone.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the streaming could have a backlog to it, so you can rewind to a certain section as needed, then rejoin the current topic. As it is, if the host isn't actively recording the webinar, any information you don't get can't really be reviewed without interrupting the speaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely use for any lectures and presentations to be given to other people.

Webinars are great for learning new information without having to leave the office. They save a lot of time, and allow you to keep working while listening.

GoToWebinar review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great webinars with GoToWebinar"

What do you like best?

I've used a lot of webinar platforms and GoToWebinar is competitive with the best. It's easy to use, looks professional, integrates with my Pardot, and has all the functionality I need. The support I've received has been awesome, too. We have a small webinar program, so the price was really competitive too for the amount we use the platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could customize the landing pages and automatic emails more to reflect my company's branding. I don't think the email confirmations and reminders are very attractive and they look different then the other emails I send via Pardot. I usually use WordPress landing page and embed my own reg form instead of using GoToWebinar's template. Hard to find a workaround for the emails though b/c each registration link is unique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth considering, especially if you have a smaller webinar program. I evaluated a lot of platforms and this was a great fit. I've used Adobe Connect, On24, and others.

We do a lot of lead nurture and generation with our webinar program. Every webinar has had a larger turnout than the last so far. It's been a great tool for qualifying leads, gaining market insight via questions, polls, and surveys, and building up our brand's thought leadership --- all at a super reasonable expense which is one of the reasons we like them!

GoToWebinar review by Lori C.
Lori C.

"We use GoToWebinar for all of our webinars"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. Everything is self explanatory. Emails are sent on time, the connections are always clear, and they just added a recording feature so we do not have to have someone in the office do it.

What do you dislike?

There is only a small box when editing the description of there webinar, which I find rather strange. It would be nice if you could expand the box so that you can see everything better. Also, it would be nice if they offered different layouts for the registration homepage. It is pretty basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer more registration page options.

We use GoToWebinar for all of our webinars, which brings in thousands of leads.

GoToWebinar review by Brandon G.
Brandon G.

"Great corporate meeting platform"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about GoToWebinar was after receiving the invite, having the ability to store it in many different calendar formats, and for it to be easy to access after accepting the invite. This was very easy to use, and intuitive software that allowed for very easy sharing of a presentation, that was vital to inform the company of upcoming issues.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that when hopping into the meeting, it didn't know which audio source to select. I had to go through a series of audio checks just to ensure the sound was even coming out of the proper speakers. It would be nice if it detected the default audio device and went with that.

This tool makes it incredibly easy to effectively communicate with others whether or not they're inside your work network. Skype for business has the limitation of being only on an internal network, but this offers heightened functionality to invite whoever you want.

GoToWebinar review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"GoTo Webinar has brought us together!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy being able to meet with my colleagues from the comfort of my home or office. There are a few times that someone is home sick, an awful snow storm has left us wanting to stay indoors or we are on opposite sides of the U.S, and we needed a way to get together! GoTo meeting has made this all possible.

What do you dislike?

So far, there hasn't been anything I dislike about this product. It has always been very reliable and consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product to anyone needing a way to better connect with employees or clients!

The problems we are solving is being able to connect with each other quickly, meet new clients/people and make it possible to meet others who were on the other side of the continent. I am on a planning committee for a conference, and this was the best way for all of us to meet and plan together, even though we were far away!

GoToWebinar review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"Good webinar solution, could be better"

What do you like best?

GoToWebinar is the standard all competitors compare themselves to. GoToWebinar simply works. While there are a number of improvements that could be made (and from what I have seen in beta releases, they are making improvements), GTW works and gets the job done. I like that there is relatively little lag time when broadcasting as compared to other solutions that rely on Google Hangouts to stream content. Once you get one or two webinars under your belt, GTW is fairly easy to use assuming you remember to check every box on your webinar checklist.

What do you dislike?

With all the tasks and things to remember when conducting a webinar, clicking the record button can often be overlooked resulting in no recording being made. I would like this to be a system setting so that you can record every session by default. If you are conducting your webinar solo and using a single monitor setup, GTW can be very cumbersome to use if you are conducting a presentation, taking audience questions and chatting all at the same time. While there is a new beta interface that no longer requires attendees to download a plugin as it is browser-based, if you will allow attendees to speak during your webinar (perhaps you would unmute an attendee to ask their question live) this browser-based interface is not an option at this time. The new interface does show promise. I do like how the new interface allows for better management of attendee comments and questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have purchased the correct number of seats based on the number of attendees you expect to attend. I believe they allow 10x the amount of registrants than the number of seats in your account. Also, take advantage of the trial and the ability to practice a webinar before doing your first live webinar.

GTW allows me to share content with attendees all over the world in near real-time and offer an interactive experience with the use of polls, Q & A, and chat functionality.

GoToWebinar review by Brad J.
Brad J.

"Great Software for running webinars"

What do you like best?

GotoWebinar is really simple to set up a webinar, set reminders and track your attendess, record sessions and even send out recording. It makes running webinars a simple process that almost any one can do while still coming across as a professional.

What do you dislike?

When you have a lot of webinars it can be difficult to manage them all - bt that's less of a limitation with the software and more with how we use it. Bulk changes to multiple webinars would help this.

Also having savable templates would be great. We have multiple people setting up webinars so ensuring that they all create on brand tempaltes can be hard sometimes.

The flexibility with signup pages and template emails in terms of look and feel and customising this is low - alternatively, you can do this externally yourself, but it does become a much bigger job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed, it does exactly what it says it will do and makes running a webinar pretty much foolproof.

We use this as an easy way to communicate with customers and prospective customers. It makes training sessions easy to set up and run for a large number of people and this leads to happy customers.

In terms of lead generation, it's great to be able to plan and execute webinars using a low budget and without needing huge amounts of technology or expertise.

GoToWebinar review by Steffany W.
Steffany W.

"Great webinar tool, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use and record. Easy to convert webinars from original format into an .mp4 format for easy sharing or upload to the web.

What do you dislike?

The price is very high for what you get. I would like to add a few more permanent organizers for our various weekly webinars, but an upgrade is required despite not needing the extra toolsets except more organizers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall a really solid product. I've rarely encountered any issues when using GTW, and I appreciate that the few times my internet has gone down, it will attempt to save my Webinar session to give me time to get back up or use my smartphone to get on the webinar.

We use GTW for our product training webinars, and various monthly sales promotional webinars. Sometimes we will use GTW for other presentations if we don't use GTM. GTW makes this training process much easier. Also, new users who haven't used GTW can easily attend a webinar without downloading anything.

GoToWebinar review by User in Computer Software

"Easy Webinar setup and execution"

What do you like best?

GTW makes it very easy to invite and track attendees. It allows you to see who actually attended and how long they stayed for so that you can gauge the quality of your presentation. It also connects with Pardot making it easy to send invites and email follow ups.

What do you dislike?

It only records the webinar on who ever's computer presents even if you are under the same account. So if a coworker does a recording they have to send it to you. It is not visible under "my recordings"

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it because it allows you to not only organize a webinar but also analyze the success and track attendance after the fact.

It serves as a channel to present content to customers. It makes it very easy to hold virtual trainings without the stress of screen sharing.

GoToWebinar review by Lindsey J F.
Lindsey J F.

"Very useful webinar platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy attending webinars through GoToWebinar because the interface is modern, user-friendly, and reliable. I have never had my connection cut, and I always understand who is speaking, what is going on in the webinar, and what is being shown to me. The installation process for the simple software used to attend webinars via GoToWebinar is also quick and easy to install on both Windows and Mac.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio in the webinars I attend cuts out or becomes choppy. I am not sure if this is an issue on the webinar organizers' end, or on GoToWebinar's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend attending webinars through GoToWebinar or using it to host your own sessions. It has a modern and simple user interface, the controls are easy to understand, and it makes webinar coordination painless.

As a remote employee with a unique schedule, GoToWebinar has made it easy for me to attend webinars on-the-go and in various locations. I am also able to complete light work tasks while attending a webinar if needed, given the user-friendly interface of the software.

GoToWebinar review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Solid program for hosting web conferences"

What do you like best?

I like having the ability to schedule a webinar within just a minute. It allows me to quickly send out a link to the webinar to those I'm inviting. It also lets me track info from my webinar like attendees, registrants, and how long people spend in the webinar.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. It has a lot of customization options and is very easy to use. There's not anything glaring that they need to fix. It gets the job done with regard to scheduling meetings, and it does so very well!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program if you need to conference with others, whether internally or externally. It works great for both.

We schedule a lot of webinars and we are constantly creating new ones and sending out links to the attendees. GoToWebinar allows us to do that very quickly without any hassle! With other programs, we were constantly scribbling down links and phone numbers and access codes to share between all of us. Now we just log in and bam! It's all there. Need a new webinar? Just click a button. The analytics they provide are icing on the cake.

GoToWebinar review by Ariel M.
Ariel M.

"Time to get into detail with online teaching"

What do you like best?

I enjoy GoToWebinar and all it's features that allow you to create webinars, email links to participants, share information about the presentation, provide suverys and polls for attendees to respond and provide feedback on the presenation. The program is user friendly and has a large amount of storage space for webinars to be recorded and then shared with people who may have missed the presentation.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about GoToWebinar is that it's quite a huge price to pay for a program and sometimes the quality of recordings can be very low if there is not a high quality microphone being used while presenting. This can mean further costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ensuring that you invest in a good quality microphone and recording set up so that the recordings that are produced are the best quality they can be. It's not advisable to have too much moving around as this affects the recorded sound quality. It's also important to ensure you have a very stable internet connection.

GoToWebinar allows you to share recordings of presentations, reach people that may not be in your country, share powerpoints as well as a webcam. It can solve problems of distance, time differences, assist in receiving feedback for a presenter to develop their work.

GoToWebinar review by Benjamin Y.
Benjamin Y.

"Great webinar software, very easy to use! "

What do you like best?

Whenever I register for a webinar, I click on the webinar link, which takes me directly to the software link to download it. Once you download the software that opens up the Citrix server, it will directly take you to the webinar interface.

The webinar interface is very easy to handle. For example, to open up the control panel, there is a small orange arrow button located on the top right to click on it. Audio is very clear most of the time, and there are very few issues (unless the organizer has a connection problem).

What do you dislike?

Other than having to install the small software to open the Citrix server, I find nothing wrong with using the software at all.

As I mentioned, it is easier to work with and clear when the host or organizer wants to demonstrate the subject and reinforces interaction from all participants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None. I would keep the software as it is.

I mostly use it for learning experiences and online webinars; however, in a remote conference setting, it is excellent for companies to talk with management and other co-workers. It provides a feature that will allow the participants to interact not only through audio (microphones) and video (cameras) but also show polls, charts, and presentation sharing.

GoToWebinar review by Louis T.
Louis T.

"Great Webinar Product!"

What do you like best?

GotoWebinar ease of use is what won this product over for me. We just changed from Adobe Connect because this product was a lot more user friendly for our employees.

What do you dislike?

Haven't come across much I dislike yet. Only annoying feature is how they calculate the cost with adding a toll-free number to the platform. As a global company it's not easy to calculate the average cost we will incur when hosting a global webinar with a toll free number. We just signed up for a full year plan so we will see how this part of our contract evolves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you integrate it with all of your other platforms (HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot). The data they capture is a huge benefit for marketing teams trying to adapt with today's challenging business environment..

Being a HubSpot customer GoToWebinar is a must have because of the integration into our platform. We are able to trigger automated emails based on webinar attendance as well as trigger lead stage changes to push leads to salesforce for outreach.

GoToWebinar review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Easy to use and versatile"

What do you like best?

I like that this software allows its users to invite multiple people to join in on a session, rather than just 1 or 2. It's also very easy to use and navigate. I like that I can also share my screen, documents, and presentations with just a click of a button.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software will lag; however, this problem might be due to internet connection rather than the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying this software, even if it is just for use with coworkers, to see if your company can benefit from all it has to offer. This software has many items to offer in just one software package, rather than using multiple sites/software to communicate effectively with others.

This software has made it easy to connect with others in different states and countries, especially when time zones are different.

GoToWebinar review by Warren D.
Warren D.

"Couldn't do my job without it"

What do you like best?

I am a big fan of dedicated registration pages that have 2 sections for branding. Often I host guests on my webinars and it's very useful being able to promote my company as well as the guest's company.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a big fan of the process to run reports after a webinar. There are multiple reports you can run, but you have to set the criteria for finding the webinar you'd like even if it had ended a few minutes prior. There should be defaults to run reports on the most recent webinar instead of forcing users to find the webinar every time they want to run a report.

Registration for web-based meetings and presentation is critical. GoToWebinar sends automatic and custom follow ups to attendees and a separate one for people who registered but didn't attend. This is really useful in freeing up time following a webinar. The screen sharing quality is better on GoToWebinar than any other option out there and that makes all the difference when showing detailed collateral. Couldn't do my job without it!

GoToWebinar review by Dian R.
Dian R.

"Great webinar platform"

What do you like best?

GotoWebinar is an easy software to use. It acts as a great tool for organizers (those who control and launch the webinar), presenters (those ONLY presenting) as well as audience members where you can chat, send handouts, run polling questions, etc.

What do you dislike?

At times the login details ends up in SPAM boxes. The polling questions design is functional, but no flexibility to change the design. At rare times (happened once) it is glitch-y with the audio when there are more than 5 panelists. Audience members viewing the online browser version, as opposed to the desktop version, sometimes get themselves stuck and have to refresh their browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running webinars on behalf of clients / other colleagues, GotoWebinar is a good choice and straightforward to use.

Lead generation and running live webinars. CITRIX does a good job collecting leads and information, as well as easy-to-use live webinar functions.

GoToWebinar review by Ginger D.
Ginger D.

"Solid Affordable Solution"

What do you like best?

GoToWebinar is easy to figure out and has useful features but isn't overly complicated to use. The support is also great. I also really like the Admin Center tab. It's very helpful for managing who is in what group or meeting.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real complaints. it has been very useful for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a great free trial. It's most of the features for a full 30 days, and zero credit card is required- just name, email and password. It's a great way to see if it's for you or not without purchase. I tried it and then bought it because it worked so well.

It is great for hosting meetings across distances that are just beyond conference calls. You can visualize who's talking when, share materials, and have much more productive meetings than just conversations.

GoToWebinar review by Dan A.
Dan A.

"Good for executing webinars but post-webinar admin is a pain"

What do you like best?

The audio and video quality tends to be consistent and quite good compared to some other webinar and conferencing tools i've used. This is the main I continue to use GoToWebinar. It also has a good integration with HubSpot marketing software.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike is having to manually convert the webinar recording file and then manually upload it back into the platform - annoying and time consuming and can be missed if your not careful. Would be good if GoToWebinar could automatically convert/attach the webinar recording at the end of each session so that all registrants can receive the link to watch it.

We typically have several hundred registrations for each webinar so we needed a platform that could allow us to easily manage that without being too costly. GoToWebinar does a good job. It allows me to handle all of the "admin" for the webinar and for the presenters to simply login and get started.

GoToWebinar review by Deanna T.
Deanna T.

"great way to collaborate online"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to screen share, as well as conduct a voice and visual meeting with many team members no matter their location.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my computer audio does not work and I have to dial in to hear/speak with a landline, but this may be my computer and not the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Possibly screen control for remote training, but that can come with security issues.

Global and Regional meetings online. We are able to discuss timely information with an online presentation.

GoToWebinar review by Sarah H.
Sarah H.

"Great Webinar Platform With Multiple Conferencing Features"

What do you like best?

This platform is complex enough to work with a number of different types of webinars - involving poll questions, handouts, multiple speakers, etc - but simple enough to be able to explain to a novice in a short amount of time. I like the design of the control panel and way various modules can be detached for more focus.

What do you dislike?

The platform can be a bit buggy and its functionality can be very dependent on the robustness of your internet connection. While it's a little detail, I also don't like how the presentation goes to a hold screen when changing presenters. I think it would be more fluid to stay on the current presenter's screen and then transfer directly to next presenter's screen, without a holding slide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a number of dedicated webinar platforms out there, so I'd suggest to do a few demos before deciding which one is right for you. We also tested On24 but found that it's platform was more clumsy than GoToWebinar.

Our business is based around providing webinars for our clients, so finding a dedicated software was very important to us. Attendees have the option of downloading the software or viewing the webinar in our browser which allows us to have a broader reach for our events.

GoToWebinar review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"Great tool - Great for hosting webinars"

What do you like best?

This tool does exactly what we need it to. Hosting webinars a few times a month for internal meetings as well as demos for potential prospects. Very easy to use, intuitive, setup is great.

What do you dislike?

The reports are preset, you have no ability to edit the fields or choose what you want to see. But they are very helpful reports!

We have been able to convert so many leads to opps by driving people to our demo and informational webinars!

GoToWebinar review by Anna D.
Anna D.

"Has been very helpful!"

What do you like best?

Sharing screens is super easy, recording the webinars to play back at a later date is easy, switching presenters and un-muting people is super easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes participants don't register on the attendee report because they called in instead of dialed in. Also, the participants have (sometimes) complained that it's hard to log on the first time (initially downloading the software)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that any organizers log on 15-30 minutes ahead of each webinar to make sure to get your baring and there are no sound or internet issues.

Communication - it is an easy way to get large ideas and trainings across multiple markets. We have used it in multiple departments and varying sizes of audiences.

GoToWebinar review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"GoToWebinar Review"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to log on. There is no need to download anything. I also really like the interaction features like being able to raise your hand and/or asking questions to the administrator. I find this system easier to use than other webinar services.

What do you dislike?

In some cases it seems like there can be a delay, but it may just be our systems? I also find that people sometime are confused about the microphone icon. They think it's the volume and they sometimes block my access to their microphone (since I mute participants).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest to use!

Features like "raising hand" make it feel like people are actually attending something together. Seems less "virtual" and a little more personal. I work with people all over the world and getting them to connect can sometimes be hard. This type of interaction makes it easier.

GoToWebinar review by Tony H.
Tony H.

"Reliable, full featured webinar hosting"

What do you like best?

We use GoToWebinar to disseminate specific and interdisciplinary clinical education across a vast health region. I like GoToWebinar's simple and almost seamless registration and subsequent reminder system - very useful for people who are providing care and trying to balance professional development. The controls and layout are generally user friendly and approachable for audiences with lower digital literacy or are unfamiliar with web-based education. It is also reasonably priced for the number of webinars we host and the average number of attendees (about 50-100 per course)

What do you dislike?

I haven't few to no issues using GoToWebinar. Occasionally with very large group sessions there may be some lag and skips when using the record feature, but this is likely more a connectivity issue than a software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time looking at the all the features available on GoToWebinar. It is pretty much the industry standard, but a few of the best features are in the "Labs" sections.

GoToWebinar offers a reliable and responsive system for staff and physician education. This is a aligned with our goal to support the continual growth and development of our employees, which ultimately benefits and improves patient care. GoToWebinar improves our reach and allows more employees to participate in professional development and shared learning.

GoToWebinar review by User

"Was forced to use that for work... what a disaster."

What do you like best?

Nothing. I was late because I assumed it work "just work". Boy was I wrong.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't support Firefox, forces you to use Chrome (strike one) because it claims there's no audio in Firefox. Well, there's no audio in Chrome (strike 2). I had to call in (long distance (strike 3) to be able to hear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop being lazy and code for all major browsers. Google is taking it from all sides for the barely legal monopoly for forcing all their users to use their browser to use their product, last thing we need is random companies forcing people into the google walled garden.

Problems to solve? Tell my bosses to stop using this and to go Hangouts instead.

GoToWebinar review by Elisabeth C.
Elisabeth C.

"Go To Webinar"

What do you like best?

Typically, the video quality is pretty high.Once everything is set up correctly, you can trust that it is going to work through the duration of the webinar.

What do you dislike?

It can be exceedingly cumbersome to set up. We have staff in several different offices and use GTW to allow us to collaborate even when we are in different locations. The audio can be tricky to configure correctly when there are multiple people in the room. The reports with comments are difficult to read and don't provide as much information as I would prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our integration with our CRM is very glitchy. Confirm that the GTW will be able to connect well with your other software platforms.

We use GoToWebinar to host information sessions on different HR topics. We also us webinars to have informational meetings with customers and host sales calls.

Learning about GoToWebinar?

* We monitor all GoToWebinar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.