Goverlan Reach

Goverlan Reach

Complex IT Systems Management Made Easy. Get broad-scope, enterprise-level administration of your users & machines along with industry standard encryption & security. Empower your IT staff with instant access to real-time information and tools to address issues quickly, efficiently and dynamically.

Work for Goverlan Reach?

Learning about Goverlan Reach?

Goverlan Reach Reviews

Ask Goverlan Reach a Question
Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"I love this software"

What do you like best?

With the software installed on my server, I like this better than other solutions like Teamviewer as it is all in house. It also doesn't require any agent installed previously on domain workstations. I am able to connect and it installs across the network in the background and I can connect seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

For the reach service, the host machine still needs to originate from inside the network. If I could get it installed on my laptop, it would be nice to connect back in through reach instead of only supporting remote users, but that is just a wish feature, not anything that would be a deal breaker for me.

I am able to remotely manage all of my PCs across my network from a single console. I can find the machines that a user is logged into and connect instantly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Goverlan Reach
Showing 69 Goverlan Reach reviews
Goverlan Reach review by <span>Eric P.</span>
Eric P.

"Great remote support product"

What do you like best?

Goverlan Reach is a program that is easy to use, quick to give great details, and great to manage multiple computers with. I can see my computers, who is on them, have access to the Task Manager for quick fixes for problem software and push out software to a computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Goverlan Reach client gets suddenly uninstalled off a computer, but it is easy to push it back out and go on. It only takes a couple of minutes to install, but sometimes that extra time is not at the best time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a program that you don't want to spend just a few minutes looking over and calling it good. This is one that you should take the time to watch videos, take the time to demo, and take the time to really look at everything it has to offer. It is very versatile in everything it can do, but it is not 100% intuitive with how to actually do it. Once you understand all it can do, this program will be a great tool in your belt.

With the remote connection, I can see my co-workers screen while on the phone with them and not have to go to visit them in the other buildings. With the ability to access the Task Manager, I can remotely kill a program that is causing troubles and start it right back up again for them.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Brian F.</span>
Brian F.

"Comprehensive tool for endpoint management"

What do you like best?

Process automation is the primary reason this tool is so powerful, without requiring a time consuming investment in scripting for one-off tasks. The remote management feature is quite handy, but not unique until combined with the automation. The Reach Server component is now both the RMM gateway and an important logging and reporting tool - what was good in previous versions is now indispensable. The complete suite covers the majority of desktop management duties, and the more you put into learning the automation processes, the more you get out of it. The price is right, too!

What do you dislike?

For any automation task that affects more than a few dozen endpoints, the workstations running Goverlan had best be fairly beefy - depending on the task, a few hundred endpoints can bring a quad core machine to 99% utilization. Know that going in, and it's not a big deal. Change control is either too hard for us to figure out or non-existent, we rely on external documentation. This is a problem because with great power comes great responsibility! I would hope to see the logging and auditing extended via the Reach server in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo, trial, watch the webcasts. For what it does it's straightforward, but complex tasks require forethought. Don't do a 30 minute skim and think you've come close to understanding what you can accomplish. If you've done a fair amount of scripting, that will help you appreciate what they're doing under the GUI.

Mass deployment of software, mass configuration updates - did you want SMB1 disabled RIGHT NOW after that security scare? Don't want to wait for GPO's to get updated? NO PROBLEM.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Gabriel G.</span>
Gabriel G.

"Loved Goverlan but love Goverlan Reach even more"

What do you like best?

Quick acces to all the information I need about our computers and users.

A lot of local information is available from the Goverlan administration console which facilitate the workflow without bothering users with remote control.

The new console is great, I have fast access to plenty of information about my hardware. I only scratched the top of the Process Automation, seems to be able to complete a lot with this feature.

Looooove the fact that I can now remotely access computers outside my local network, my sales reps love it also.

What do you dislike?

I had issues with the GUI in the diagnostic section with the previous version but the Goverlan Reach console is a lot better in terms of speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is reliable (never crashed on me), UI friendly and the information provided by it is reliable. Easy to maintain also. The price is low regarding the benefits you can have from the software. I have not upgraded it yet so impossible for me to say if the process is easy or not.

Easily manage/support/gather info on any computers in our infrastructure.

Access computers outside of my LAN quickly.

Automate process with different scope.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Bruce L.</span>
Bruce L.

"Software is beyond any other remote control/assist software out there"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Great feature set that doesn't need to be done when in a remote session

Able to add printers and map network drives with ease

Installing software

Creating reports of current users on the system and the ability to rerun these reports on a daily basis

What do you dislike?

More tutorials on how to perform some of the automation task

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not go with any other software, this software will meet and exceed any other out there

Mapping network drives, Finding software on pc's, Adding new software to computers, Ability to update GPO policy.

Company not having any means of resolving issues remotely. Discovering this software has been a great addition to this department. Instead of traveling for 45min to our offsite location, we can address it right from our main office in 5 minutes

We have been now using software to deploy software, which is a great asset to us since it can all be done on the back end.

The ability to track down the computer that the user is on has been very handy since many users do not report the computer name when reporting any technical issues. Also very nice to have the ability to check the password history as well as perform many Active Directory task right within the console without having to go out and run AD users and computers console separately.

Can also use different means of remote control using the same console. Can choose from Goverlan, Remote Desktop and other common remote connection means

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Bem M.</span>
Bem M.

"Robust functions"

What do you like best?

Able to manage Active directory functions

Able to remote to users that are working from home

Able to gather information on the user's computer

Able to map network drives on a workstation without remoting in to that workstation.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Goverlan. I would say it could use the ability to show how long a person has been logged into a workstation. The power options displays who is logged into the workstation, but not the duration. I would like to see a feature to monitor network bandwith, and traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goverlan is a very powerful tool to use in any network environment. The support team is very good at helping you if you get stuck.

Troubleshooting day to day issues on users' workstations. The benefits is that we are able to assist them whether they are in the office or working remotely.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Mario W.</span>
Mario W.

"Best Bang for the Buck"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of agent installation. Another great thing is the client software does not require a back end server but still remains fully featured.The remote control client is also very light weight and I enjoy that it is a separate program from the main software suite and can be ran on its own.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the random authentication issues with certain PC's. Often you will also encounter strange issues if a PC has a weak network connection or slow connection speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a dedicated admin account for this software to use. It will make agent installation and just about every other feature much more simple.

Accessing computers more easily and efficiently and also being able to pull hardware information without having to physically be at the unit. For example serial numbers and express service codes as well as model numbers.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Pete D.</span>
Pete D.

"Excellent! Love the Product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the technical support is the best. Easy to manage computers on our private network. Easy to make almost any configuration changes on a client PC. Love the Process Automation, it makes our job much easier. Easy access to local drives, printer settings, Remote Control...We love just about everything Goverlan has to offer.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't aware of Asset Management. I would like to know more. We need to track replacement hardware used in machines. Would also be nice to have Original Key entry locations, as Microsoft changes the Office key after install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly consider using Goverlan.

Simplified Computer and User management. Working with Goverlan has made our I.T. Department "Rock" with our end-users. They love how quickly we can access their machine and resolve the issues, sometime entirely behind the scene.

"IT Manager..."

What do you like best?

I like that Goverlan is able to provide me with all information about a workstation of server and also that with Goverlan Reach I am now able to remote into workstations at our remote offices or when our users are working from home. I like that I can manage active directory objects (computers, users and groups) from goverlan. I like that I can run automated jobs from goverlan and have it email me the results. The ability to remotely restart workstations, services, remap drives, install network printers. Deploy software and scripts to workstaitons and servers. Send broadcast message to all workstation when email is down.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike yet. but it would be nice to see more new features like the ability to monitor active directory changes additions which will send email alert to the administrator whenever a changes was made. I didn't like that I am now not able to see the product keys for MS office and other software installed on workstations, because I used to be able to use that to make sure we don't have any computer using the same product key for software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to assist my users when they are working outside of the office. Also to be able to generate report about a user or workstaitons/server, software installed on the workstaitons or server in doing so I am able to provide recommendation to upper management what hardware need to be upgraded.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Goverlan is an excellent solution for LAN computer management!"

What do you like best?

I have used Goverlan Reach for nearly three years, across a few versions of the software. When I was looking for a LAN administrations software Goverlan stood out for a few reasons. First, the product delivers a great value for the price. Second, Goverlan has the flexibility to integrate into small networks as well as larger distributed networks. Finally, Goverlan has so many useful features integrated into one package.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Goverlan console crashes and has to be restarted. Not a big deal, but sort of annoying. -- I took some time to get the hang of using the process automation/reporting, it is fairly intuitive one you understand the framework.

On a daily basis I use the Goverlan Reach Remote Control features to quickly support our end users. I really like that I can connect quickly and that the remote access is collaborative (the users and I can see the same screen/session, unlike Microsoft RDP).

I love that the Remote Control feature can tie into Intel vPRO KVM access and Wake On LAN power management capabilities. Even when a computer is powered off, or even frozen, I can use Goverlan with Intel vPRO to power on or reset that endpoint.

I have also used Goverlan's Process automation/reporting tool to gather hardware and software inventories, making my job of maintaining our endpoint computers much easier. -- The Active Directory integration is also useful, providing an easy way to rename domain-member computers, or manage their domain membership remotely.

As a last note, all great software solutions must be backed up by excellent customer support. Goverlan support and sales has always been easy to work with. Their recently redesigned customer portal and license management works smoothly. I greatly appreciate that Goverlan continually releases upgrades and bug fixes.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Goverlan is an excellent workstation support product"

What do you like best?

I like being able to find client workstations quickly and efficiently. The numerous workstation control features are amazing. Being able to change IP address or add a printer or mapped drive in the background is like magic.

What do you dislike?

I've had numerous times where the product freezes and I need to quit it in order to complete my task. In fact it's almost every time I use it.

Also I would like to be able to find a workstation based on where a user _was_ logged in, not just currently logged in. - say I need to do work on 'Heathers' computer but it's after hours. I'd like to be able to quickly find that computer without her being actively logged into it.

We were replacing Dameware which was a horrible POS and needed to die a burning death. Switching to Goverlan wasn't that much more expensive and the capabilities are numerous.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"GoverLAN REACH review"

What do you like best?

The usability. Very easy to use out of the box and works flawlessly for both users and admins. Very robust and open-minded with many options for many tasks all built in the software out the door.

What do you dislike?

GUI too pretty (is that possible?) Me and my team feel the GUI looks great, but a bit too great in the idea that it can get a bit cumbersome with all the options and modern look. Needs to be as simple as a ATM interface. Obviously we would need to have all the functions, but perhaps broken down more within other modules or windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making this work in house only over your LAN or extended LAN (site to site) is quite easy to setup and get rolling. If you want the full cloud based setup to be fully functional. There is a bit more expertise needed. But it's still very capable to setup and get rolling fast.

We have a 2nd site in Auckland, New Zealand which is 18 hour time difference from our main site. This has allowed us to troubleshoot, update and other functions that have given headaches in the past

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Paul C.</span>
Paul C.

"The Best Bang for the Buck Remote Software"

What do you like best?

Everything, this software has saved me from driving down to different facilities just to fix a small problem.

What do you dislike?

Once in a blue moon the agent fails to install due to the Admin share problem, it's a rare issue but i can get around it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run the trial and talk with their engineers, any and all questions will be answered. This will help in your decision.

Managing a vast amount of pc's, linux and mac box's from any locations has made my job so much easier and saved the company from reimbursing me for mileage that could be reinvested back into other projects.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Paul N.</span>
Paul N.

"Goverlan Reach has helped us a lot!"

What do you like best?

The ability to remotely do the tasks we need to in order to provide effective support. We are very spread out with 16 different facilities and this has saved us a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing serious but having the agent on the computer and it does not auto update when a new agent is out is the only real thing I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BUY IT!

We have been able to get more done with the few IT employees we have because we don't have to spend hours travelling around on problems that take seconds to fix. We also can fix and change things before the user knows there is a problem.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Scott P.</span>
Scott P.

"Great Products"

What do you like best?

I mostly use reach but also have experience with the rest of the suite. All the tools are awesome and being LAN only helps the powers that be feel more secure.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit over engineered. It is designed like MS Office but there isn't anywhere near enough options to hide them behind ribbon bars.

Remote support to various buildings in a campus and 1 remote site. Not having to waste as much time traveling building to building for 2sec issues. The remote command line is also awesome for basic housekeeping.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Paul K.</span>
Paul K.

"Making AD Easier"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration into your current AD. Goverlan just worked from the first time I tried it - nothing hard to configure, just seamless integration.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. It would be good if it were a little more accurate in making sure that a software install had completed. But there are other tools that allow you to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are happy with your current product, at least consider this as a secondary, supportive product.

Remote Desktop, WLAN, Active Directory are all covered and assisted with. I find that it just fills the gap really well instead of the bloat that is SCCM. A lot of tasks are just easier and far more straight forward.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Todd P.</span>
Todd P.

"Goverlan gets it right"

What do you like best?

The best feature for us has been the Goverlan Task Manager

What do you dislike?

The remote install of the drivers often fails and you have to log into the server and install the drivers/client manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product that if you try it, you will buy it.

We are able to track system resources all day and when issue arise, we can go to the graph and see what processes where running at that time. It has helped us to identify many application issues that we previously could not see.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Simon B.</span>
Simon B.

"GoverLan."

What do you like best?

The ease of deployment. I love the new feature of being able to authenticate by logging in so I'm able to use it at as many different locations as long as I have an available license that's not currently being used.

What do you dislike?

I guess if I had to pick something I dislike about the product it would be maintenance agreement cost.

It helps me as an IT staff of 1 be able to support my entire school district in a time efficient matter no matter where I"m at.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"An excellent all around product for anyone to use in IT"

What do you like best?

This program makes a difference in everyday functions. The ability to automate and to be there for users at a moments notice is something that everyone can agree that is worth investing into. Goverlan has come far ahead of the game to deliver results! Very easy to use and understand what it does. It creates a simplified solution to technical problems and consistency across all computers in one place.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have Mac supported on this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great program to use when a company may not have a network administrator always in house. It is very easy to understand and can be a solution to not always having an IT member there.

I have solved full automation of updates, shut downs to save energy and of course remote support to end users quickly and efficiently! The reports are awesome as well!

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Getting Started With Goverlan"

What do you like best?

Instant remote control, a very light client, good pricing, and lots of possibilities

What do you dislike?

We've seen some flakiness in the "logged in workstations" detection, and had a few hiccups during initial setup and configuration. Outside of that though, everything has gone pretty smoothly.

I do wish that the on-demand support options were a little more streamlined, and that there was a way to elevate permissions when connecting to a non admin user via on-demand.

We made the jump from Bomgar to Goverlan about a month ago, and have never looked back. Not only does Goverlan offer a host of features well above and beyond simple remote control access, it’s also a fraction of the price. On top of that, all of our interactions with sales and support have been stellar. While Bomgar is technically a great product at what it does, the staggering price, and severely substandard customer service that we received, made it a “no brainer”. We’re definitely looking forward to seeing how we can leverage all the additional benefits of Goverlan moving forward.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Goverlan Reach Review"

What do you like best?

I like the new organization/layout of the main screen. It seems easier to navigate than version 8.0 for my needs. I especially like the ability to save templates for the deployment of software and patches.

What do you dislike?

So far, not much. Lots of good improvements over v8. I guess I would have liked the update to Goverlan Reach from Goverlan V8 to be a little less labor intensive, but even that process was pretty easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It' s a real time saver. I'm a part time technology director for a small public school, and it is a must for my job.

I'm using Goverlan primarily for software and software patch deployment. It tremendously streamlines that process.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Goverlan Reach"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage remote clients, specifically in the fullness of the toolset that we use to manage our remote clients. Within that toolset, there are a large number of secondary methods available to attack from many angles.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I periodically do have issues getting new clients prepped to be fully compatible and ready for management.

The biggest benefits are the ability to fully manage and support clients remotely. In short, there is very little that we can't do remotely. This brings significant savings in the reduction of site visits and the reduction of onsite staffing requirements.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Adrian S.</span>
Adrian S.

"Excellent Ad Management Tool "

What do you like best?

Goverlan is great for remote connecting and managing systems in our network.

What do you dislike?

Having to install agents all the time, because people use slightly different versions of governlan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best tool for remote support and IT managment. We have tried out using several other solutions. Intel AMT, Microsoft SCCM remote control, team viewer. Nothing comes close to what Goverlan can provide. It is the easiest to use and it works the best out of all of them.

Almost any issue with the PC can be resolved. As well generating reports on software versions or doing a batch change in registry keys across the whole company is excellent.

"Making IT LIfe Easy"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do the majority of my desktop support from one program. Everything from remote commands, printers, users, and of course remote desktop support.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, the interface is getting better and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this product for you team. You will not regret it. Spend time learning the automation and reporting...they are very powerful.

The ability to train employees remotely as they can watch their screen as well as creating packages that can be scheduled for automation. Automation is huge and the more I can automate, the better.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Mark H.</span>
Mark H.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

So many tools all in one area. The reports I can run save me so much time!

What do you dislike?

There have been a few bugs with the new update, but each time I reach out to your support, I get amazing service!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their support! They are more than willing to help and should be taken advantage of.

Network management with a global picture view.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Jeremy F.</span>
Jeremy F.

"Excellent IT management Software"

What do you like best?

I have every functionality in one software. Active Directory management(users, computers, groups), remote administration/remote management, chat, file transfer, software installation.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike. There are some odd UI behaviors sometimes, but typically they are patched quickly.

I am able to completely manage my IT servers and endpoints from my desk. It is saving time, which saves money.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>John W.</span>
John W.

"GoverLAN the multi-tool for IT"

What do you like best?

The ability to push programs, settings, files or folders to one or all of our machines at once. Need a Java update? Push it out now, and know it is done. Need to remove toolbars? Run a VB script against all machines reporting it.

Every aspect of a machine is available for scrutiny or change. Reports on nearly anything about machine are clicks away, without walking to the machine.

What do you dislike?

Agent based connectivity can be a bit temperamental; DNS issues can throw entire groups offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have several connected locations with many machines at each, then this can help one or two techs manage the entire "wide area" landscape of the business without the need for travel.

No need to hire additional techs when all machines are a click away. Remote administration, control, and information gathering is done over the network. All data can be compiled into useful reports quickly and concisely.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Phillip R.</span>
Phillip R.

"A Remote Support Swiss Army Knife"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of Goverlan is the variety of remote connection protocols it supports. We support various configurations in a variety of locations, so we aren't always able to use RDP, etc. This flexibility is a huge plus in our work environment.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could use some refinement. This has gotten better since the last version I used, but they have room for improvement. It takes a while to learn the features and their locations within the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you're unsure if it's a good fit.

Remote desktop support plays a huge roll in ensuring our clients issues are fixed and Goverlan gives us nearly every tool we need to accomplish this.

"Goverlan Service: Exceptional"

What do you like best?

I love the interaction between Goverlan Reach and individual computers. The flexibility and control as an administrator to: support, report, and push out updates and changes is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Although I love the ability to manage files through the reach console for devices. I believe there are some bugs to it.

I have realized numerous benefits for this program including the ability to manage and support my staff outside our network using goverlan reach. Another benefit is being able to silently push updates or programs out to computers without interrupting the daily routines of staff/faculty.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Best Remote Tools"

What do you like best?

The tools are leaps and bounds better than competitors. Features like ability to remote into a user's PC by searching with their username compared to having to have them figure out what PC they are using.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way in the admin console to search to user and find their logged in PC's more efficiently. Something similar to remote control program.

Remote control is a huge plus. The admin console gives our techs access to information used to quickly fix issues, remotely and sometimes without the end user being disruptive.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Good product"

What do you like best?

Ability to provide remote support to our end-users who rarely authenticate against our domain. We are also able to remotely authenticate for users who are prompted for elevated credentials.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve for deployment tasks. When trying to deploy software, the knowledge required to set up scheduled tasks and deployment tasks is not necessarily the most straightforward.

We are now able to provide remote support and see the dialog windows asking for elevated credentials. Also able to easily provide remote support to our end-users in different states who rarely authenticate to our domain.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Jamie M.</span>
Jamie M.

"Great tool for SysAdmins and CSTs"

What do you like best?

I like the robustness of tools that are packed into this software.

What do you dislike?

Could use a little refinement in the UI, some things don't work as advertised for one reason or another.

Mass deployments of policies, remote desktop inside and outside of the firewall.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Goverlan Reach"

What do you like best?

I work within a company that has multiple site, Goverlan Reach allows me to assist users quickly regardless of where they are physically located. This is a major asset for our team and allows the quickest response to technical issues..

What do you dislike?

After 6 months of use I have yet to find a feature that I dislike, everything has worked properly so far. We were able to easily implement the software and new staff members were able to pick up on how to use it quickly.

As an IT staff member I primarily assist users with technical issues using GoverLan Reach., the ability to help users no matter which site they are working at has improved quality of service.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Tina B.</span>
Tina B.

"Works ok-but crashes"

What do you like best?

Easy interface to use and I like the new updated look to it. Navigates the same.

What do you dislike?

Crashes often, especially in the middle of pushing out software to machines.

Simply pushing out software remotely--would like to start using the remote function.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Billy G.</span>
Billy G.

"Goverlan, the IT Admins must have toolset"

What do you like best?

To be honest there is not much to not like with Goverlan

What do you dislike?

I am really struggling to find something that I don't like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate with at least trialling this software.

Software deployment, remote desktop and server support.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Ken M.</span>
Ken M.

"Goverlan in Education"

What do you like best?

The intergration of the product with Active Directory. It is very easy for us to find a user and what computer(s) they are logged into to resolve the issue. Love the remote desktop intergration.

What do you dislike?

Would love for multiple users to remote into the same workstation/server

We are able to quickly see what the enduser sees and get quicker results. We can also easily get to a user's hard drive and load files, delete files, etc.

"Network Manager"

What do you like best?

AD integration, many powerful remote workstation support tools.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes, but a non-admin level of the software would be nice. We have some staff members that only need to have screen sharing needs for remote support (like Teamviewer) This way we could completely eliminate the need to also maintain copies of Teamviewer.

Remote support of workstations with out having to coordinate with end users.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Matthew F.</span>
Matthew F.

"Feature Rich Client Management"

What do you like best?

The array of remote management tools that allow for changes behind the scenes

What do you dislike?

Crashes when multiple remote sessions are connected simultaneously (tedious)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone who knows the ins and outs, to administrate the program for your department when possible.

While we have not incorporated it yet, being able to support entities outside of our internal network will prove beneficial so on-site trips are not as necessary.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Jawed K.</span>
Jawed K.

"Everything under 1 roof"

What do you like best?

i can literally have a full computer profile using this amazing software

What do you dislike?

dont like the fact that i sometimes have to re-install the agent

easy accessibility to users

"Wonderful New Update"

What do you like best?

The new redesigned interface. It is more simplistic and easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The search feature. I am still unable to search by last name or parts like I can do in the normal Active Directory Users and Computers app. I want to be able to search multiple attributes without having to specify it in Goverlan.

Everything. Application Deployment, Remote Services, and easy to create reports.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

"IT Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy control and Power shell Auto scripting

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface, would prefer something more flat and clean

Push out software to key users

Goverlan Reach review by <span>carol k.</span>
carol k.

"AD mgmt all in one place"

What do you like best?

remote control of network PC's, detailed system information

What do you dislike?

report creating is not very intuitive bsing able to find what attributes contain what informationis not alway obvous

Recommendations to others considering the product

it has provided us with better auditing and reporting tools

replaced our existing dameware product with remote control remote removal of software and auditing

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Products is very new and not that stable yet, needs work!"

What do you like best?

The possibility to share information in teams

What do you dislike?

The credentials are not applied when using agent manager. or When installing Agents via Goverlan Reach Console

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it more usable in a non-ad environment.

Goverlan reach should be rethought as it is highly difficult to have incoming ports open at the enterprise level.

Remote access, Information gathering, troubleshooting etc.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Descent product for managing workstations"

What do you like best?

Remote access to the desktop is a snap. As well as polling information

What do you dislike?

The product has been updated numerous times lately, it's hard to stay current and I'm not sure they've all been improvements

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, good product

Remote control to users desktops, as well as management of the workstations for software controls, disk space checks, etc

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Michael K.</span>
Michael K.

"Supporting 50+ client computers with GoverLAN!"

What do you like best?

The many capabilities. From pulling statistics on CPU/Memory usage, to serial numbers, to package deployment.

What do you dislike?

The interface could certainly be more intuitive, but it's great once you learn it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for the price it's great!

Has saved us many trips to client offices.

"Lead Systems Engineer"

What do you like best?

I like being able to remote into thin clients. Because we are mostly a thin client based network. Its nice that the software leave such a small footprint.

What do you dislike?

Find users by name almost never works. It to invasive on ad to troubleshoot

Remoting into thin clients

Goverlan Reach review by <span>James C.</span>
James C.

"Relatively easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like the way goverlan works with Active Directory.

What do you dislike?

I wish the cost could be lower for my technology team. We use one copy now between 5 people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

Time an distance are two problems solved with Goverlan.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"GoverLan"

What do you like best?

Simple interface to remotely connect to clients. Great technical support.

What do you dislike?

Many options to explore. Would like more canned templates developed for easy implementation.

GoverLan has helped us to remotely support our clients and push software updates very quickly to get people up and running

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Governance Reach"

What do you like best?

This is great software to use for remote support of end users. Very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

No real issues using it excepts sometimes if doesn't connect just have to restart the server part.

End user support and software deployment remotely

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Very easy to setup and use"

What do you like best?

I like the way you can install software on the machines and also remote control

What do you dislike?

Better information on how to upgrade the software we have an update and I downloaded it and ran it but it is still telling me to upload the software and do not know how to look at what version I am on

Mainly the connect software and the rebooting of the machine along with the chat

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"great experience and easy for to manage"

What do you like best?

create scope and deploy and uninstall software

What do you dislike?

all the features are awesome. and the good thing is that you can work in background of the enduser pc

everthing is centralyzed easy to manage

Goverlan Reach review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Goverlan review"

What do you like best?

Has a lot of features, remote support is easy and sending out new software or making changes remotely is easy

What do you dislike?

Having trouble configuring the reach server to share tasks with

Remote support

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Christian R.</span>
Christian R.

"Best remote control app ever"

What do you like best?

The silent mode and the all type connections aailable

What do you dislike?

Subscription model is very annoying compared to one time cost

We are solving reaching the client in a timely manner without having to move personnel around the area.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Goverlan is a great to for Admins"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see the users computer behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Goverlan fits my needs for administration.

Goverlan gives us the ability to fix issues much faster than having to go to the computer.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Tomasz K.</span>
Tomasz K.

"Very good product"

What do you like best?

Very simple using. It's really fast, but version 8.0 was faster.

What do you dislike?

More slowly as previous version. Maybe not always working as I want (sometimes there is information about some errors).

I'm using remote control.

Task manager

WMIX

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Goverlan is a network administrator's dream come true"

What do you like best?

Easy access to all the tools needed for desktop support.

What do you dislike?

All good. Works well in all areas. Goverlan product was recommended and has been a great tool.

Desktop support in a challenging environment

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Ratheeshkumar P.</span>
Ratheeshkumar P.

"excellent for remote support and administration "

What do you like best?

excellent for remote support and administration

What do you dislike?

Computer group can be removable for any support agent, it should be protected

Copy files to one computer to entire office computers with scope action

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Very efficiant"

What do you like best?

That you can push installs without disrupting the users.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't really found any dislikes. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally should download it.

Force installs, remote into computers.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Trent F.</span>
Trent F.

"Remote Control"

What do you like best?

Easy remote control over user systems with use of VNC connectivity addons as well as others.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of other than using

We mainly use the Remote Control feature.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>nicholas s.</span>
nicholas s.

"Have always been a fan of Goverlan, even more so now!!!"

What do you like best?

Reaching outside your network and the management features and tools available.

What do you dislike?

It can crash a lot causing me to reconnect to devices

Remote support, desktop and server management.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Amazing software for PC management "

What do you like best?

The remote software tied in with Governlan Reach server.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike the software is very good. Some functions are harder to find, I with it was laid out a bit better.

The amount of software solutions that are tied together, jumping into CMD and then remoting in all onto a machine remotely is fantastic.

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Joel J.</span>
Joel J.

"Goverlan Reach is easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very powerful software and very useful to the Help Desk Administrator like me.

What do you dislike?

I like everything on the Goverlan Reach software.

Supporting out of the country users

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Network Administrator"

What do you like best?

It allows us to remotely manage workstations with great ease

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application hangs or crashes but this seems to be getting much better as they release updates.

Remote desktop solutions prior to Goverlan were just "ok". The ability to remotely control the desktop and have abilities to control the workstation without using a remote controlled desktop solution is very powerful.

Goverlan Reach review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"goverlan"

What do you like best?

Features that provide control and ease of support the IT team. The UI wasn't bad, just take a while to get comfortable to maneuver to the overall system and get to use the respective features.

What do you dislike?

reporting capabilities and formatting not to what the support team expectation

full control to provide support remotely, use of reporting, mass software deployment

Goverlan Reach review by <span>Jeff G.</span>
Jeff G.

"Great all-in-one tool"

What do you like best?

seamlessly supporting from virtually everywhere

What do you dislike?

Nothing for now as it has what I needed.

All-in-one supporting

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great program, easy to use with great service"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to remotely manage endpoint users.

What do you dislike?

There's not really anything to dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the vendor services team to help set up.

Being able to access remote locations

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"makes life easier"

What do you like best?

The ability to share screens for troubleshooting, even when the end user has multiple screens

What do you dislike?

sometimes it does not see all computers on the network

troubleshooting.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"It manager"

What do you like best?

Able to access remote clients asset management and central administration

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything. Great support great product

Remote support and asset management

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Supervisor, Desktop Support Services"

What do you like best?

Pushing software packages out to our end users.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to get package exactly right.

Software pushes, patches, remote support

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Goverlan V9"

What do you like best?

Improvements over the previous versions, easier to navigate and run reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application crashes for no reason

Reporting

Learn more about Goverlan Reach

Goverlan Reach Videos

Goverlan Reach Downloads

Learning about Goverlan Reach?

* We monitor all Goverlan Reach reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.