Goverlan Reach

Goverlan Reach

Complex IT Systems Management Made Easy. Get broad-scope, enterprise-level administration of your users & machines along with industry standard encryption & security. Empower your IT staff with instant access to real-time information and tools to address issues quickly, efficiently and dynamically.

Work for Goverlan Reach?

Learning about Goverlan Reach?

Goverlan Reach Reviews

Ask Goverlan Reach a Question
Goverlan Reach review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"Loved Goverlan but love Goverlan Reach even more"

What do you like best?

Quick acces to all the information I need about our computers and users.

A lot of local information is available from the Goverlan administration console which facilitate the workflow without bothering users with remote control.

The new console is great, I have fast access to plenty of information about my hardware. I only scratched the top of the Process Automation, seems to be able to complete a lot with this feature.

Looooove the fact that I can now remotely access computers outside my local network, my sales reps love it also.

What do you dislike?

I had issues with the GUI in the diagnostic section with the previous version but the Goverlan Reach console is a lot better in terms of speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is reliable (never crashed on me), UI friendly and the information provided by it is reliable. Easy to maintain also. The price is low regarding the benefits you can have from the software. I have not upgraded it yet so impossible for me to say if the process is easy or not.

Easily manage/support/gather info on any computers in our infrastructure.

Access computers outside of my LAN quickly.

Automate process with different scope.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Goverlan Reach
Showing 150 Goverlan Reach reviews
Goverlan Reach review by Chandan S.
Chandan S.

"Polished Scalable Software"

What do you like best?

Goverlan's graphical user interface is very well designed which makes using the software extremely easy. Goverlan also syncs up with Active directory, so all changes made on Goverlan are simultaneously synced on to Active directory. This syncing of software makes managing from a an administrative's perspective extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

Goverlan is very resource heavy, it should be slimmed down or a lighter version of the software should be rolled out. This could make deployment and administration easier for I.T. Admins

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using Goverlan over Remote Desktop, there are lot more functionalities to take advantage of!

Goverlan enables us to help our end user, by remoting on to their P.C. and solving the problem or checking the problem out for ourselves.

A benefit we have realized is that we can schedule for software to be deployed right from Goverlan, this is huge plus for the software.

Goverlan Reach review by James B.
James B.

"Excellent product - powerful and easy"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of operation is very high for such a feature-packed product.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that (even though you can SSH or VNC to other systems) the client itself only runs on Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are primarily doing support from Windows (and especially to Windows), you can't go wrong with Goverlan Reach. If you need to control VNC or SSH sessions for other platforms, you can also do that, although the SSH client is certainly not the most feature-full one in existence, yet it gets the job done well enough. However, for Windows systems, it is exactly what you would want to do remote support, after-hours management, and more.

We use it for remote management of PCs, with concurrent view of the desktop as a user is active, or with silent command line access. We also can remotely run and monitor more intensive virus scans when we are alerted to potential infections by our AV product, without having to go on site (across 35+ buildings) for each alert instance. We find it much easier to help the users with typical problems, because without the necessary travel time for our technicians to go on site to each location, we can cover many more problems in a day.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Goverlan Reach review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Great remote support product"

What do you like best?

Goverlan Reach is a program that is easy to use, quick to give great details, and great to manage multiple computers with. I can see my computers, who is on them, have access to the Task Manager for quick fixes for problem software and push out software to a computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Goverlan Reach client gets suddenly uninstalled off a computer, but it is easy to push it back out and go on. It only takes a couple of minutes to install, but sometimes that extra time is not at the best time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a program that you don't want to spend just a few minutes looking over and calling it good. This is one that you should take the time to watch videos, take the time to demo, and take the time to really look at everything it has to offer. It is very versatile in everything it can do, but it is not 100% intuitive with how to actually do it. Once you understand all it can do, this program will be a great tool in your belt.

With the remote connection, I can see my co-workers screen while on the phone with them and not have to go to visit them in the other buildings. With the ability to access the Task Manager, I can remotely kill a program that is causing troubles and start it right back up again for them.

Goverlan Reach review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Comprehensive tool for endpoint management"

What do you like best?

Process automation is the primary reason this tool is so powerful, without requiring a time consuming investment in scripting for one-off tasks. The remote management feature is quite handy, but not unique until combined with the automation. The Reach Server component is now both the RMM gateway and an important logging and reporting tool - what was good in previous versions is now indispensable. The complete suite covers the majority of desktop management duties, and the more you put into learning the automation processes, the more you get out of it. The price is right, too!

What do you dislike?

For any automation task that affects more than a few dozen endpoints, the workstations running Goverlan had best be fairly beefy - depending on the task, a few hundred endpoints can bring a quad core machine to 99% utilization. Know that going in, and it's not a big deal. Change control is either too hard for us to figure out or non-existent, we rely on external documentation. This is a problem because with great power comes great responsibility! I would hope to see the logging and auditing extended via the Reach server in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Demo, trial, watch the webcasts. For what it does it's straightforward, but complex tasks require forethought. Don't do a 30 minute skim and think you've come close to understanding what you can accomplish. If you've done a fair amount of scripting, that will help you appreciate what they're doing under the GUI.

Mass deployment of software, mass configuration updates - did you want SMB1 disabled RIGHT NOW after that security scare? Don't want to wait for GPO's to get updated? NO PROBLEM.

Goverlan Reach review by Bruce L.
Bruce L.

"Software is beyond any other remote control/assist software out there"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Great feature set that doesn't need to be done when in a remote session

Able to add printers and map network drives with ease

Installing software

Creating reports of current users on the system and the ability to rerun these reports on a daily basis

What do you dislike?

More tutorials on how to perform some of the automation task

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not go with any other software, this software will meet and exceed any other out there

Mapping network drives, Finding software on pc's, Adding new software to computers, Ability to update GPO policy.

Company not having any means of resolving issues remotely. Discovering this software has been a great addition to this department. Instead of traveling for 45min to our offsite location, we can address it right from our main office in 5 minutes

We have been now using software to deploy software, which is a great asset to us since it can all be done on the back end.

The ability to track down the computer that the user is on has been very handy since many users do not report the computer name when reporting any technical issues. Also very nice to have the ability to check the password history as well as perform many Active Directory task right within the console without having to go out and run AD users and computers console separately.

Can also use different means of remote control using the same console. Can choose from Goverlan, Remote Desktop and other common remote connection means

Goverlan Reach review by Bem M.
Bem M.

"Robust functions"

What do you like best?

Able to manage Active directory functions

Able to remote to users that are working from home

Able to gather information on the user's computer

Able to map network drives on a workstation without remoting in to that workstation.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Goverlan. I would say it could use the ability to show how long a person has been logged into a workstation. The power options displays who is logged into the workstation, but not the duration. I would like to see a feature to monitor network bandwith, and traffic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goverlan is a very powerful tool to use in any network environment. The support team is very good at helping you if you get stuck.

Troubleshooting day to day issues on users' workstations. The benefits is that we are able to assist them whether they are in the office or working remotely.

Goverlan Reach review by Mario W.
Mario W.

"Best Bang for the Buck"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of agent installation. Another great thing is the client software does not require a back end server but still remains fully featured.The remote control client is also very light weight and I enjoy that it is a separate program from the main software suite and can be ran on its own.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the random authentication issues with certain PC's. Often you will also encounter strange issues if a PC has a weak network connection or slow connection speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a dedicated admin account for this software to use. It will make agent installation and just about every other feature much more simple.

Accessing computers more easily and efficiently and also being able to pull hardware information without having to physically be at the unit. For example serial numbers and express service codes as well as model numbers.

Goverlan Reach review by Pete D.
Pete D.

"Excellent! Love the Product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the technical support is the best. Easy to manage computers on our private network. Easy to make almost any configuration changes on a client PC. Love the Process Automation, it makes our job much easier. Easy access to local drives, printer settings, Remote Control...We love just about everything Goverlan has to offer.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't aware of Asset Management. I would like to know more. We need to track replacement hardware used in machines. Would also be nice to have Original Key entry locations, as Microsoft changes the Office key after install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly consider using Goverlan.

Simplified Computer and User management. Working with Goverlan has made our I.T. Department "Rock" with our end-users. They love how quickly we can access their machine and resolve the issues, sometime entirely behind the scene.

Goverlan Reach review by Timothy G.
Timothy G.

"Goverlan promises greatness but support is un-enthusiastic"

What do you like best?

I like Goverlan's centralization of tasks. This product was recommended by a colleague and was ok. The cost was acceptable, support miserable.

What do you dislike?

I had several issues I needed help with and was given very un-enthusiastic support. Basically, for setting up the Reach server, it was RTFM. Considering I purchased 2 full licenses, I expected much more. When viewing a list of systems on the display, it continually had delays updating as I was scrolling through the list. I've written Powershell scripts that do most of the tasks I purchased these licenses for, so I no longer use it. Disappointed with all the hype versus reality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be expected to solve your own problems. As normal, Google is the tech's best friend. There aren't very many automation examples and no help available if you are not doing exactly what is in their YouTube videos.

Centralized IT management - none, I stopped using it after about 4 months.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Easy to use and all the tools that I need"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this program is easy to use, the interface is very intuitive, and he has all the tools that I need to perform my work. The remote features and the integration we active directory makes this a very good program for us.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a little bit of work because it does not feel very professional, and the price is a little bit steep but I still pay for it and like it and use it every day at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you assess your needs before you actually ordered the program so that you don't end up with things that you don't need or buy less than what you need

Remote controlling all computers is now a breeze and I can push software to our computers through our Network without having to use policies. I love that I can troubleshoot our computers in a quick manner from only one software.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The ability to see what programs are installed, view event viewer, and remote control the pc. Can also look at the files and folder on the hard drive. The ability to restart or power off the pc remotely. Easily delete files and/or folders from the hard drive.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I do not like about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that can do many task behind the scenes. Remote control is quick and easy to use. Easily check to see if unapproved software has been installed on the pc with out the user knowing. You can search by pc name or user id/name. Also run remote commands on the pc being worked on. Ability to stop and start services on the remote pc. Look at printers installed, mapped drives, update group policies, and many other tasks without interrupting the client.

Looking at event viewer to see what issues are causing pc issues. Being able to remote the pc to fix the issue quickly. Remove unwanted files and folders from the hard drive.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Goverlan for remote access"

What do you like best?

The ability to gather any information I need about an end users computer from one location, as well as perform remote installs of software and printers makes my work simpler than with other remote software tools.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I'm unable to connect to a remote system because Goverlan did not update the IP addresses of domain attached computers. In that case I can usually talk the user through finding their correct IP address and connect using it.

There was a point in time when Goverlan would max out my CPU and cause my computer to become completely unresponsive, forcing a manual shutdown. This seems to have been resolved with updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training on how to use Goverlan. It can simplify a lot of tasks if you know how to use the available features.

I primarily use Goverlan as a desktop support tool. There are some instances when I use it for remote server administration.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Awesome program for Helpdesk support"

What do you like best?

The best part of Goverlan is how easy it is to use. It can pull computer names from AD and keeps a "history" of the programs installed on a computer as well as its basic info (RAM, HDD/SSD Free...)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it freezes and you have to disconnect/reconnect. Ive found this to be the case most when I use Microsoft RDP through Goverlan and then disconnect from the computer. It slows me down and causes me to have to reconnect to all the computers I was in. Ususally i just use Microsoft's RDP, but Goverlan has some really nice features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goverlan is very helpful when working the helpdesk! It allows me to work on multiple issues/computers at once and saves me at least a hew hours a day.

Half of my job is as the Helpdesk Admin. I use Goverlan Reach every day to assist me in closing user's tickets and getting them back up and running when they have an issue. Much easier than walking to their workstations individually and I can work on more than one at a time.

Goverlan Reach review by Joel A.
Joel A.

"I love it!"

What do you like best?

This software has many useful features and allows me to complete most of my tasks within one program.

What do you dislike?

There is a bug in goverlan v9. When i have the remote control expended to full screen if i use the windows key + D to show desktop i cant go back into the remote control unless i kill the process in task manager.

I use this software to troubleshoot computers on our network, so far i am still finding out more features and implementing them into my troubleshooting. I can run scans to get information to help me solve problems.

"Goverlan Reach"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. I've used other RMM products and they come with a substantial learning curve. Goverlan was very straight forward to use right out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Having come from a background using other RMM products the layout of devices/users took a little getting used to. After using the product for a short while I'm able to navigate the product easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out other RMM products first. Then give Goverlan a try. Its easy to use and does what it needs to do very well.

I use Goverlan for inventory of my assets. We have 2 locations and several salesmen on the road and I need a central place to see who is using what equipment and where. The remote desktop feature saves a lot of time when providing support to remote users as well.

Goverlan Reach review by Mike A.
Mike A.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Everything, the ability to remote access an end users session in real time has been a huge time saver.

The Price is extremely reasonable, worth every penny.

Support was amazing, very easy to understand training videos and documents, support staff were very quick to respond and solve any issues I had. Overall just an amazing experience.

What do you dislike?

Not much, the Reach application likes to freeze every now and then, but overall not terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it

IT Support.

The ability to have users show me what they are having an issue with when off-site alone was well worth the purchase price.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"IT Manager..."

What do you like best?

I like that Goverlan is able to provide me with all information about a workstation of server and also that with Goverlan Reach I am now able to remote into workstations at our remote offices or when our users are working from home. I like that I can manage active directory objects (computers, users and groups) from goverlan. I like that I can run automated jobs from goverlan and have it email me the results. The ability to remotely restart workstations, services, remap drives, install network printers. Deploy software and scripts to workstaitons and servers. Send broadcast message to all workstation when email is down.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike yet. but it would be nice to see more new features like the ability to monitor active directory changes additions which will send email alert to the administrator whenever a changes was made. I didn't like that I am now not able to see the product keys for MS office and other software installed on workstations, because I used to be able to use that to make sure we don't have any computer using the same product key for software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to assist my users when they are working outside of the office. Also to be able to generate report about a user or workstaitons/server, software installed on the workstaitons or server in doing so I am able to provide recommendation to upper management what hardware need to be upgraded.

Goverlan Reach review by Smit P.
Smit P.

"Goverlan Controls"

What do you like best?

Goverlan has a very easy and intuitive design that makes your job very easy to do. With tools like ping request remote CMD along with remote control makes this a very power tool and essential for your day to day job.

What do you dislike?

The new updated 9.0 update to goverlan brought a new theme of design along, that isn't very easy on eyes. but, luckily you can enable dark mode to get around this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goverlan is a very powerful tool, that is highly customizable due to its group policy support.

Goverlan helps us remotely assist our customers, it is very powerful and ties to Active Directory. This makes our job really easy, it means any changes made on the customer's asset will then be reflected upon their active directory account aswell.

"School District"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to remote on to a computer and be able to troubleshoot the user's problem. Another great benefit is the ability to set up automation to perform bulk actions on many computers at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a Chrome extension in order to allow the same functionality on a Chromebook as well as a PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time in setting up the automation scripts. It takes awhile to get them right but when you do, it will save you a lot of time. Keep a test computer handy to try new things before pushing them out to production machines.

We are using Goverlan as a basic break-fix model, where end users will call us and we are able to fix the problems without having to leave our office.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Premiere Remote Desktop Support Utility"

What do you like best?

The best features of Goverlan allow you to take inventory of user and computer accounts with detailed WMI information presented in a user friendly interface. This coupled with process automation and the simplicity of connecting to client PCs to provide remote support is unmatched.

What do you dislike?

When scrolling down computer or user account lists the columns do not have a fixed position and constantly resize. This is disorienting when scrolling down a the list reading descriptions alphabetically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to familiarizing yourself with the software. It is a robust and powerful tool that makes desktop administration a walk in the park if you leverage it properly.

We support multiple locations in our company. Our network infrastructure allows me to support remote sites without leaving the office unless the problem is a hardware issue.

Goverlan Reach review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"A must-have for the IT Department"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use layout. Incredible amount of features for managing endpoints. Software deployment, remote batch file processing, etc. The Reach gateway service is a big plus for remote clients too.

What do you dislike?

There's no ability (yet) to have multi-seat licenses. Coming from Dameware where I could use my license on 3 devices, it took some adjustment. Have to make sure desktop console is closed before running to a meeting with the laptop and using the console from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do yourself a favor and evaluate it.

Drastically increased efficiency in troubleshooting times, software deployment, and reporting.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Goverlan is an excellent solution for LAN computer management!"

What do you like best?

I have used Goverlan Reach for nearly three years, across a few versions of the software. When I was looking for a LAN administrations software Goverlan stood out for a few reasons. First, the product delivers a great value for the price. Second, Goverlan has the flexibility to integrate into small networks as well as larger distributed networks. Finally, Goverlan has so many useful features integrated into one package.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Goverlan console crashes and has to be restarted. Not a big deal, but sort of annoying. -- I took some time to get the hang of using the process automation/reporting, it is fairly intuitive one you understand the framework.

On a daily basis I use the Goverlan Reach Remote Control features to quickly support our end users. I really like that I can connect quickly and that the remote access is collaborative (the users and I can see the same screen/session, unlike Microsoft RDP).

I love that the Remote Control feature can tie into Intel vPRO KVM access and Wake On LAN power management capabilities. Even when a computer is powered off, or even frozen, I can use Goverlan with Intel vPRO to power on or reset that endpoint.

I have also used Goverlan's Process automation/reporting tool to gather hardware and software inventories, making my job of maintaining our endpoint computers much easier. -- The Active Directory integration is also useful, providing an easy way to rename domain-member computers, or manage their domain membership remotely.

As a last note, all great software solutions must be backed up by excellent customer support. Goverlan support and sales has always been easy to work with. Their recently redesigned customer portal and license management works smoothly. I greatly appreciate that Goverlan continually releases upgrades and bug fixes.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Goverlan is an excellent workstation support product"

What do you like best?

I like being able to find client workstations quickly and efficiently. The numerous workstation control features are amazing. Being able to change IP address or add a printer or mapped drive in the background is like magic.

What do you dislike?

I've had numerous times where the product freezes and I need to quit it in order to complete my task. In fact it's almost every time I use it.

Also I would like to be able to find a workstation based on where a user _was_ logged in, not just currently logged in. - say I need to do work on 'Heathers' computer but it's after hours. I'd like to be able to quickly find that computer without her being actively logged into it.

We were replacing Dameware which was a horrible POS and needed to die a burning death. Switching to Goverlan wasn't that much more expensive and the capabilities are numerous.

Goverlan Reach review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"Great product for remote desktop support"

What do you like best?

I like that when you use the goverlan reach remote console that you can see all the screens the end user is displaying. Goverlan allows you to get a very granular insight into the end user machines and allows you to push updates, or add or remove new programs

What do you dislike?

There is a little learning curve of setting it up for the first time. Once you figure out the basics it is fairly easy to implement though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to remote to machines and do all sorts of things.

The ability to work on multiple computers at the same time. You can get more work completed in less time with Goverlan. We can quickly run reports on systems and updates.

Goverlan Reach review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"Brief Review on Goverlan"

What do you like best?

I love the fact we are able to view the PC's status, System Information, Printers(Able to Add or Delete), use power options, command prompt and the other features.

What do you dislike?

The Goverlan Reach Server Agent keeps shutting off so I can't check PC's and User Status. If you do not have access to ALL USERS Profile , Goverlan limits you to do some things like viewing printers or login history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automatically start Reach Server

Able to support Users from office. It will save us time from traveling and it's great for recording videos.

Goverlan Reach review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"A great product for small tech departments."

What do you like best?

The setup and installation was plain and simple. No fuss or hassles and the requirements were very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

It relies on Active Directory for 90% of its functions AND it lacks imaging/PXE deployment

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for simple implementation and remote management solution, this is the product to get. Their remote control and remote software installation are simple and easy to do. There is of course a slight learning curve but this is as it should be.

software deployment, remote control

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"GoverLAN REACH review"

What do you like best?

The usability. Very easy to use out of the box and works flawlessly for both users and admins. Very robust and open-minded with many options for many tasks all built in the software out the door.

What do you dislike?

GUI too pretty (is that possible?) Me and my team feel the GUI looks great, but a bit too great in the idea that it can get a bit cumbersome with all the options and modern look. Needs to be as simple as a ATM interface. Obviously we would need to have all the functions, but perhaps broken down more within other modules or windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making this work in house only over your LAN or extended LAN (site to site) is quite easy to setup and get rolling. If you want the full cloud based setup to be fully functional. There is a bit more expertise needed. But it's still very capable to setup and get rolling fast.

We have a 2nd site in Auckland, New Zealand which is 18 hour time difference from our main site. This has allowed us to troubleshoot, update and other functions that have given headaches in the past

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Use GoverLAN Hundreds of Times Daily"

What do you like best?

The remote CMD is amazing. I've always been into scripting and cli. This takes my abilities to a whole new level. I've learned so much and I have so much power without ever bothering the user.

What do you dislike?

The smart card driver isn't the greatest. It struggles sometimes. You can give up on passing smart card credentials across a VPN then across GoverLAN. It'll crash almost 100% of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent product. I came from an environment using DameWare. I think this company used BomGar before GoverLAN. Some of the guys say they liked Bomgar more, but I can't find much to complain about with GoverLAN. It serves every purpose of remote desktop support, and then allows me access to tools like WMIX, Remote CMD, and Remote Task Manager. The task manager is great, but would be better with more robust logging capabilities.

I am a service desk employee at my current company. I've been here for a little over a year. Right after I started, my partner quit, so I've been alone supporting 300 or so people for the last year or so. I manage this entire environment from my desktop using GoverLAN and KACE. I rarely have to leave my desk, and when I do, I end up losing time and getting behind. Without these two tools, our company would have struggled badly over the last year.

Goverlan Reach review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Learning more features every day"

What do you like best?

I love when a coworker shows me new features I didn't even know existed such as remotely restarting computers and looking up printer drivers/ports.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. It has helped me grow significantly as a new IT technician.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and don't be afraid to poke around into the various corners as there is lots of functionality that isn't easy to see right away.

Remoting into computers for support, getting valuable program, printer and system information.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Changes the way helpdesk can assist"

What do you like best?

The reporting and automation features as well as the many remote desktop options. Being able to install agents remotely and silently in order to view system info is amazing. The support is hands down the best in the industry. Don't know how to do something? Simply chat with them from their online chat at goverlan.com and within min, you are connected with someone who is able to assist you with getting your project setup.

What do you dislike?

Older versions were a bit buggy, however no issues in last several updates. I wish there

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution to help manage AD, remote pc's, as well as run scripts in order to pull information from pc's anywhere on your domain, this is the tool for you.

Allows help desk to assist with more troubleshooting and one call resolutions without having to leave their office. This has allowed more time to be freed up for our PC techs to work on other things.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

This is an easy to learn, easy to use product that saves a lot of time, frustration and walking. I like the option to view all screens at one time. The product you get for the price is a big plus. I was new to remote accessing when I started using Goverlan. Picked it up quickly and became an instant fan. We have a large number of users that use like products. Goverlan was essential in making adjustments in user options or software adjustment in an efficient, time-saving manner. It is easy to locate computers to connect to.

What do you dislike?

I have to make an unexpected amount of restarts. Not excessive, usually just unexpected. Now that I think about it, I am not sure I have a software product I do not have to do this with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't sure you want to purchase, test Goverlan. FREE. If it isn't for you, nothing lost. I don't believe you will be disappointed.

Goverlan helps alleviate those "quick trips" to user computers to resolve issues. Some take more time to go to the user than to make the repair. The ability to access users working from remote sites, without VPN is a valuable feature. Really nice when needing to accomplish the same function on several computers. I would establish groups of users, open a view for all and perform functions in a fraction of the time compared to touching each computer - IF, they were at their desk.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"I love this software"

What do you like best?

With the software installed on my server, I like this better than other solutions like Teamviewer as it is all in house. It also doesn't require any agent installed previously on domain workstations. I am able to connect and it installs across the network in the background and I can connect seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

For the reach service, the host machine still needs to originate from inside the network. If I could get it installed on my laptop, it would be nice to connect back in through reach instead of only supporting remote users, but that is just a wish feature, not anything that would be a deal breaker for me.

I am able to remotely manage all of my PCs across my network from a single console. I can find the machines that a user is logged into and connect instantly.

Goverlan Reach review by Hilaree E.
Hilaree E.

"Assistant Tech. Coordinator"

What do you like best?

The ability to deploy programs in mass quantity without having to go to each and every computer in our school district.

What do you dislike?

We have one wireless lab where it does not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time saving program! Very beneficial if you have multiple computers that you need to deploy to. You can have access to unattended machines, and able to remote in to do repairs!

Faster deployment times, aboe to have testing set up quicker.

Goverlan Reach review by Paul C.
Paul C.

"The Best Bang for the Buck Remote Software"

What do you like best?

Everything, this software has saved me from driving down to different facilities just to fix a small problem.

What do you dislike?

Once in a blue moon the agent fails to install due to the Admin share problem, it's a rare issue but i can get around it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run the trial and talk with their engineers, any and all questions will be answered. This will help in your decision.

Managing a vast amount of pc's, linux and mac box's from any locations has made my job so much easier and saved the company from reimbursing me for mileage that could be reinvested back into other projects.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Excellent Featureset for On-Premise environments"

What do you like best?

Goverlan provides me with a powerful set of remote management features, at a price point that was much better than competitors. I'm able to remotely administer systems at multiple locations across our deployment base with minimal hassle of getting connected.

What do you dislike?

I feel the automation module is confusing and less feature rich than it ought to be, I'd also like to see the Reach server portion be capable of execution scheduled actions so that I don't have to leave a console license permanently tied up.

We have remote employees spread out across the country, Goverlan Reach has allowed me to manage systems that don't frequently connect to the corporate network.

Goverlan Reach review by User

"Great Product. Easy to use and the connection is quick."

What do you like best?

I like that you can view another person's screen without them knowing. Makes it easy to check on your employees to make sure that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Connection is quick, and very rarely do we have any issues connecting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you disconnect the screen goes black for a second. This really is only an issue if you don't want the person on the other end to know that you are viewing their computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Remote Desktop software. While you can use online programs this product is much cheaper.

We use this for training and for troubleshooting in IT.

Goverlan Reach review by Alfredo A.
Alfredo A.

"Excellent Product that does more than we need."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that not only can we remote into computers, but we also have the ability to perform tasks such as running scripts, rebooting/powerdown machines, account management, etc ...

What do you dislike?

The graphical interface looks outdated. Could use an upgrade with more colors.

We mainly use Goverlan Reach to remote into users computers and perform account management such as resetting password, moving computer accounts, renaming accounts, etc ...

Goverlan Reach review by Paul N.
Paul N.

"Goverlan Reach has helped us a lot!"

What do you like best?

The ability to remotely do the tasks we need to in order to provide effective support. We are very spread out with 16 different facilities and this has saved us a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing serious but having the agent on the computer and it does not auto update when a new agent is out is the only real thing I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BUY IT!

We have been able to get more done with the few IT employees we have because we don't have to spend hours travelling around on problems that take seconds to fix. We also can fix and change things before the user knows there is a problem.

Goverlan Reach review by Nick P.
Nick P.

"Pretty good for small or large environment"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use, not filled with bloat or too many extras that take your eyes off of exactly what you need it for. Its light, quick, packed with necessary features and and not clunky.

What do you dislike?

Initially there's no tutorial or walkthrough to help you figure out how to use it when you first begin so you have to poke around but it doesn't take long to figure out if your already familiar with other similar apps.

Network issues, account lockouts, pw resets, etc. It saves me time from having to get out my seat or travel outside my City to help a user.

Goverlan Reach review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Powerful tools that are easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very good value. Tools are very well documented and easy to deploy. Support is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Reliance on-premise gateway for remote notes. Non-domain joined nodes take a little extra work to manage. Managing workstation needs to VPN home if off site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for management of on primes domain connected machines. Remote nodes require gateway server but are extremely reliable.

Management of on premise and off-site notes.

Goverlan Reach review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Great Products"

What do you like best?

I mostly use reach but also have experience with the rest of the suite. All the tools are awesome and being LAN only helps the powers that be feel more secure.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit over engineered. It is designed like MS Office but there isn't anywhere near enough options to hide them behind ribbon bars.

Remote support to various buildings in a campus and 1 remote site. Not having to waste as much time traveling building to building for 2sec issues. The remote command line is also awesome for basic housekeeping.

Goverlan Reach review by Paul K.
Paul K.

"Making AD Easier"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration into your current AD. Goverlan just worked from the first time I tried it - nothing hard to configure, just seamless integration.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. It would be good if it were a little more accurate in making sure that a software install had completed. But there are other tools that allow you to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are happy with your current product, at least consider this as a secondary, supportive product.

Remote Desktop, WLAN, Active Directory are all covered and assisted with. I find that it just fills the gap really well instead of the bloat that is SCCM. A lot of tasks are just easier and far more straight forward.

Goverlan Reach review by Todd P.
Todd P.

"Goverlan gets it right"

What do you like best?

The best feature for us has been the Goverlan Task Manager

What do you dislike?

The remote install of the drivers often fails and you have to log into the server and install the drivers/client manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product that if you try it, you will buy it.

We are able to track system resources all day and when issue arise, we can go to the graph and see what processes where running at that time. It has helped us to identify many application issues that we previously could not see.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator

"Goverlan is not a easy to use when compared to app like Teamviewer"

What do you like best?

I don't know if there is anything I like best in this application. I use it because it is what me employer installed. I wouldn't have been my first choice.

What do you dislike?

I dislike it more than I like. I am not sure if it's because of experiences I had in the past or currently having with it. It just never worked smoothly in my opinion. It one wrong thing or the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will consider using this product if you think it will work for your enviroment.

The type of business problem I resolve varies with our users. Any where from software to hardware issues. sometime certain in house application needs to resolved. I big benefit of Goverlan is that I can restart a pc remotely while working on the pc.

Goverlan Reach review by Simon B.
Simon B.

"GoverLan."

What do you like best?

The ease of deployment. I love the new feature of being able to authenticate by logging in so I'm able to use it at as many different locations as long as I have an available license that's not currently being used.

What do you dislike?

I guess if I had to pick something I dislike about the product it would be maintenance agreement cost.

It helps me as an IT staff of 1 be able to support my entire school district in a time efficient matter no matter where I"m at.

Goverlan Reach review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Great when it works."

What do you like best?

It is helpful for installing programs that are not included on our company image as we do not need the same programs for everyone.

What do you dislike?

For whatever reason I cannot get the agent on every computer. Even wired directly into the network, there's just some machines i cannot reach.

Solving remote software installation or removal, troubleshooting, query searches and reports.

Goverlan Reach review by Wesley S.
Wesley S.

"Best Remote Tool Out there"

What do you like best?

I love that I can install programs, remote into computers, use multiple monitors, and access the file structure.

What do you dislike?

IP Conflict issue. When DHCP updates and DNS doesn't, you cannot access a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is awesome. I have used many but this one is the best.

Software installs, adding printers, looking over resources, remotely assisting users.

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"An excellent all around product for anyone to use in IT"

What do you like best?

This program makes a difference in everyday functions. The ability to automate and to be there for users at a moments notice is something that everyone can agree that is worth investing into. Goverlan has come far ahead of the game to deliver results! Very easy to use and understand what it does. It creates a simplified solution to technical problems and consistency across all computers in one place.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have Mac supported on this!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great program to use when a company may not have a network administrator always in house. It is very easy to understand and can be a solution to not always having an IT member there.

I have solved full automation of updates, shut downs to save energy and of course remote support to end users quickly and efficiently! The reports are awesome as well!

Goverlan Reach review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Getting Started With Goverlan"

What do you like best?

Instant remote control, a very light client, good pricing, and lots of possibilities

What do you dislike?

We've seen some flakiness in the "logged in workstations" detection, and had a few hiccups during initial setup and configuration. Outside of that though, everything has gone pretty smoothly.

I do wish that the on-demand support options were a little more streamlined, and that there was a way to elevate permissions when connecting to a non admin user via on-demand.

We made the jump from Bomgar to Goverlan about a month ago, and have never looked back. Not only does Goverlan offer a host of features well above and beyond simple remote control access, it’s also a fraction of the price. On top of that, all of our interactions with sales and support have been stellar. While Bomgar is technically a great product at what it does, the staggering price, and severely substandard customer service that we received, made it a “no brainer”. We’re definitely looking forward to seeing how we can leverage all the additional benefits of Goverlan moving forward.

"Love Goverlan"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use Goverlan and the different options on how I can connect to something.

What do you dislike?

Maybe there is but I don't see it. It would be nice if I could take a screen shot of something on my screen and then share it on the computer I'm controlling's screen

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best remote desktop programs I have used

We can easily connect to a computer anywhere in our environment without traveling to the destination, which sometimes could be 1 1/2 hr drive.

Learn more about Goverlan Reach

Goverlan Reach Videos

Goverlan Reach Downloads

Learning about Goverlan Reach?

* We monitor all Goverlan Reach reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.