What do you like best?
Some of the best features of Grammarly that I like include:
(1) easy to use interface on the web.
(2) correct spellings and grammar usage are on the system.
(3) it shows the number of grammar/spelling errors in a statement or report/document.
(4) you can easily upload documents to the interface for review.
What do you dislike?
some of the issues I have encountered while using this program include:
(1) the system can be slow especially while using the web.
(2) the interface is not easy to use and someone with no previous knowledge of computer usage may find this interface very difficult to use.
(3) the interface may wrongly flag some correct grammar/use of English as wrong even when correct.
(4) Having to expand the page to correctly view mistakes may be time-consuming and rather unnecessary.
Recommendations to others considering the product
While I recommend the usage of Grammarly to users, however, I will give the following considerations before deployment:
(1) You require a level of ability at the English language before you can deploy the software, if you have little or no English knowledge, the software/interface may not serve any purpose for you or your business.
(2) You must also have a certain level of computer knowledge as I have personally found the interface very difficult to navigate and I have extensive years of computer knowledge.
(3) The absence of the underline/error notifications may not absolutely mean that your work is devoid of errors, as if a word is correctly spelt as something else even with a different usage, it may not be picked.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I have used Grammarly for the following business needs below:
(1) I write my daily reports with Grammarly in other to get better communication.
(2) Used in writing minutes of meetings.