Grasshopper

Turn the World Into Your Office. Grasshopper lets you run your business using your cell phones.

Work for Grasshopper?

Learning about Grasshopper?

Grasshopper Reviews

Showing 88 Grasshopper reviews
Grasshopper review by <span>Wolf S.</span>
Wolf S.

"Small business phone solution in the clould"

What do you like best?

The solution is quick and simple to use; easily update greetings and extensions. The "find me" feature works great and allows me to be mobile and not provide my mobile number. Having a native mobile application directly on my mobile device allows me to even source calls from my "business" number.

What do you dislike?

While there are not too many "dislikes", one major pain is that the website and mobile apps only recognize one company - for most small business that isn't a problem as there is but one. For me, I have many and it would sure be nice to be able to switch companies right from the screen instead of having to log out and back in to the different companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grasshopper is super easy to get setup and you even have quite a bit of selection with your target location and phone numbers.

My primary goal was to provide a business number without having to run phone lines into my office for the various businesses I operate. Grasshopper allows me to pick my location and present the organization as a local business.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Grasshopper
Grasshopper review by <span>Morez K.</span>
Morez K.

"Simplifying your office telephone needs"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper is the product you need if your office is always on the go. The product allows you to create one central number with multiple extensions for your employees. This eliminate the need of having so many direct numbers for your clients to remember. In addition, Grasshopper allows virtual faxes. To receive a fax electronically via email simplify your paper, time, and office needs. There appear to be features scheduled to come soon for Grasshopper that can be exciting for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to not like about grasshopper. However, these are minutes attached to each package you purchase. There may come a point when you require more minutes or less minutes. Voice mails are passed on via email. This may be a hassle when on the go and need a simple way of just one click feature for voicemail. The app can use a more simplified look and faster speeds when moving from task to task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going for a more professional look with a central number and extensions without having the man power and resources to create land extensions and office phones, look towards Grasshopper. This allows you to create a virtual office allowing customers to reach departments or employees.

We are solving our virtual telephone needs using Grasshopper. As we a human services organization, we work in the field more than half the time traveling to our consumers. It is imperative to be able to have a central line for customers can call, receive information, and connect to employees anywhere on the go.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Grasshopper review by <span>Jennifer H.</span>
Jennifer H.

"Grasshopper for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I made an excellent choice in going with Grasshopper for my small business. I'm able to route calls the appropriate person and retrieve messages from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. I run a small business with 1 sometimes 2 other employees and we don't communicate with clients via the office phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I get less than 1 or 2 phone calls a day and they are usually sales people wanting to sign me up for a service I don't want or need. Grasshopper takes the calls and allows me to continue working.

I run a small business and I appreciate the ability to let Grasshopper handle the calls when I'm working in the office. It's probably overkill for what we need, we are rarely in the office and most client communication takes place over cell or text.

Grasshopper review by <span>Thomas M.</span>
Thomas M.

"Great replacement for in house phone system."

What do you like best?

Calls come directly to my cell phone so I can take business calls no matter where I am at.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a better way to identify the incoming call without resorting to having the caller state their name. If I send the caller's caller ID info I don't know if it's coming from Grasshopper or a direct dial of my cell number. If I send the company's caller ID info I don't know who the caller is until I answer. Maybe have the calls ring and get answered in the Grasshopper app rather than my phone's dialer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!!!!

No more worries about hardware failure. Decreased monthly cost over having land lines.

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"The Flexibility I need to Travel the World and Run a Business Line."

What do you like best?

Ability to operate Grasshopper 100% via the internet.

What do you dislike?

That the app does not AUTO-SIGN in when I restart my computer. When I restart my computer, my skype auto logs in and I don't miss a call. When I restart my computer, if I forget (and I do) to restart and login to Grasshopper, I may miss a call or a text. Also...for some reason, I do NOT always get a Text message from companies that require me to receive a SMS from them to verify ownership and etc. Sometimes I get the SMS and sometimes I do NOT???

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grasshopper is pretty easy to set up and use. Gives me the ability to receive text messages from family and friends since I have NO other option because I travel abroad. Also, gives me the ability to receive security text messages (most of the time) from different business that require to send you a text, but I can't get it because I'm overseas...now I can. Grasshopper has given me the ability to have a business phone line regardless of where my travels take me. As long as I have internet and my PC, I'm back in business. I think Grasshopper is getting better and better.

I can have a phone line regardless of where I travel. As long as I have my computer and internet, I'm back in business.

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Great system for almost any sized business. "

What do you like best?

Grasshopper has several features that I like:

1. Customizable greetings. You can record your own or have them recorded for you.

2. Incoming calls can either be rolled over to the next line if not answered or programed to ring all lines at once with one or two clicks.

3. Easy to program and set up.

4. Great customer service. Any time I've had any issues (rare), they address it or help me fix it immediately when I call.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the cell phone app is a little slow to load initially (if you quit the app). Otherwise, it works pretty well and there's not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick the right plan...by that I mean, pick a plan that is the lowest amount you need for your spend. Because you can use Grasshopper over WiFi, many of the minutes you use do not count toward your total. Upgrade mid month if you're approaching the limit.

When we travel, we can forward it to someone else to answer calls while we're gone. We also have been able to email a voicemail to another person if they're better suited to handle the message. Voicemails are always emailed to you making this task very simple. You can also have your voice mail texted to you for a fee.

Learn more about Grasshopper

Grasshopper Videos

Grasshopper Downloads

Learning about Grasshopper?

* We monitor all Grasshopper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.