Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(93 reviews)

Turn the World Into Your Office. Grasshopper lets you run your business using your cell phones.

Work for Grasshopper?

Learning about Grasshopper?

Grasshopper Reviews

Showing 93 Grasshopper reviews
Grasshopper review by Daniel Shatzkes CEO  E.
Daniel Shatzkes CEO E.

"Grasshopper is the perfect phone service for startups and on-the-go businesses"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I love about Grasshopper. Obviously, having a business phone number that forwards directly to my cell phone is fantastic. No matter where I am I can receive business calls. Setting up an automated directory is great so that callers can immediately choose the right option and be sent to the correct person. There's also the option of setting up extensions for users and each extension can be assigned to be sent to a different person's cell phone. So if you have multiple people working from different locations, as far as the caller is concerned they are all immediately accessible through your phone portal as if you were all in one location. Calls can also be transferred from one extension to another just like in a traditional phone system. By far, one of my favorite features is the option to receive faxes to the same business number. Even though fax is being used less these days it is still used quite a bit and being able to receive faxes and having them immediately emailed to me is great.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Grasshopper. As I mentioned, the receiving faxes features is great. What would be really cool is if there were an option to send faxes as well. If I could take picture of a document with my phone, or if there is an existing pdf file on my phone, the ability to send it would be great. It seems a little unnecessary because at that point you might think, well why not just email it? I agree but there are still some people out there (strangely) that like to receive things via fax. I'm sure eventually this will go the way of the dinosaur though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with the online user interface as this is the easiest way to get things set up. The app is feature rich, although admittedly I do not use it as much as the online site when I need to address issues. But the app is great for checking caller ID and listening to voice mails (although all voice mails are automatically emailed as well).

The ability to have a business phone system "in the cloud" that allows my company to have the appearance of a centralized location, with no down time on answering or returning calls. It also allows me to not have to give out my personal cell phone number to clients and contacts that I wouldn't want to have it. It saves me leave of mind and also adds efficiency for my and my team even as we are spread out throughout the country.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Grasshopper
Grasshopper review by Daemon R.
Daemon R.

"Good phone system for work from home or mobile business"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper makes it easy to add or remove business lines to the account so that people can still use their cell phones without their personal number being used.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit high compared to other providers but the customer support is very helpful. The need to charge 10 dollars per line that you want to have SMS active, is a disappointment when you have multiple phone numbers being used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you only have a need for a single phone number for your business, with SMS, then grasshopper is a good cheap choice. But if you have a need for more than one phone number, with SMS, there are other providers that offer a better price for multiple phone numbers and more features.

The benefit of a desktop app is very useful for taking and making calls directly from computer in addition to the voice studio that can direct callers to extensions based upon the reason for their call.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Grasshopper review by Wolf S.
Wolf S.

"Small business phone solution in the clould"

What do you like best?

The solution is quick and simple to use; easily update greetings and extensions. The "find me" feature works great and allows me to be mobile and not provide my mobile number. Having a native mobile application directly on my mobile device allows me to even source calls from my "business" number.

What do you dislike?

While there are not too many "dislikes", one major pain is that the website and mobile apps only recognize one company - for most small business that isn't a problem as there is but one. For me, I have many and it would sure be nice to be able to switch companies right from the screen instead of having to log out and back in to the different companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grasshopper is super easy to get setup and you even have quite a bit of selection with your target location and phone numbers.

My primary goal was to provide a business number without having to run phone lines into my office for the various businesses I operate. Grasshopper allows me to pick my location and present the organization as a local business.

Grasshopper review by Kevin F.
Kevin F.

"Great responsive people and willing to work through things if needed. "

What do you like best?

I've never had a call drop. The service department did an excellent job of getting a number we accidentally ported to a different system we were trying out and got it back quickly. They have an "old" interface that has some additional functionality like 4 digit extensions and additional call routing options and if you ask them about it they will swap you to the old interface. Speech to text is pretty darned good and any person in the company can be assigned any DIDs, so multiple people can be put into a single extension as either an ACD queue, round robin, or free-for-all. Also, if you ASK, they will set you up with a PC based softphone. It works great and I don't know why they don't push it. Maybe it uses more resources? I don't know. But I use it on my PC with a headset all the time. One other cool thing is that you can actually run multiple businesses with different numbers off the same account. When we first started we had 3 numbers. One was for out WISP, one for our Agent channel business, and a third for PC repair. Later we added two more numbers to the firs two companies and we were able to use one number for one type of add and another for something different and determined quite easily in a short time which was most effective. :-)

What do you dislike?

I'm not fond of the way the mobile app works. You can make outbound calls on the app, but inbound are routed to your cell phone directly. You can configure this to show your company name so every call coming in from grasshopper shows "Your Business Name". Or you can have it pass through caller ID but then you don't know if it's a personal or business call. If they had a full-fledged mobile phone app that you could make and receive calls on it would be MUCH better. Then again, when we were setup as three separate businesses, I was able to set it to show which company they were calling for and answer appropriately. So maybe instead of having a full blown calling app, they should have both.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing I didn't like was the inability to use an actual phone. It was all cell phone. But when I learned through chatting with a tech support person that they had a softphone and they gave me a link, it was simply a matter of buying a headset for my laptop and that improved things dramatically.

Started out with one person. Growing, adding DIDs, call queues, extensions, direct inward dialing, are all incredibly easy. We now have 9 people on it 5 are in a sales queue, 2 of those 5 are also on a service queue with 2 others. And one from each of those groups is with two others in a billing group. That's some nice flexibility and it was incredibly easy to setup.

Grasshopper review by Morez K.
Morez K.

"Simplifying your office telephone needs"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper is the product you need if your office is always on the go. The product allows you to create one central number with multiple extensions for your employees. This eliminate the need of having so many direct numbers for your clients to remember. In addition, Grasshopper allows virtual faxes. To receive a fax electronically via email simplify your paper, time, and office needs. There appear to be features scheduled to come soon for Grasshopper that can be exciting for small businesses.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to not like about grasshopper. However, these are minutes attached to each package you purchase. There may come a point when you require more minutes or less minutes. Voice mails are passed on via email. This may be a hassle when on the go and need a simple way of just one click feature for voicemail. The app can use a more simplified look and faster speeds when moving from task to task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going for a more professional look with a central number and extensions without having the man power and resources to create land extensions and office phones, look towards Grasshopper. This allows you to create a virtual office allowing customers to reach departments or employees.

We are solving our virtual telephone needs using Grasshopper. As we a human services organization, we work in the field more than half the time traveling to our consumers. It is imperative to be able to have a central line for customers can call, receive information, and connect to employees anywhere on the go.

Grasshopper review by Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

"Grasshopper for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I made an excellent choice in going with Grasshopper for my small business. I'm able to route calls the appropriate person and retrieve messages from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. I run a small business with 1 sometimes 2 other employees and we don't communicate with clients via the office phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I get less than 1 or 2 phone calls a day and they are usually sales people wanting to sign me up for a service I don't want or need. Grasshopper takes the calls and allows me to continue working.

I run a small business and I appreciate the ability to let Grasshopper handle the calls when I'm working in the office. It's probably overkill for what we need, we are rarely in the office and most client communication takes place over cell or text.

Grasshopper review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"Great replacement for in house phone system."

What do you like best?

Calls come directly to my cell phone so I can take business calls no matter where I am at.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a better way to identify the incoming call without resorting to having the caller state their name. If I send the caller's caller ID info I don't know if it's coming from Grasshopper or a direct dial of my cell number. If I send the company's caller ID info I don't know who the caller is until I answer. Maybe have the calls ring and get answered in the Grasshopper app rather than my phone's dialer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!!!!

No more worries about hardware failure. Decreased monthly cost over having land lines.

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"The Flexibility I need to Travel the World and Run a Business Line."

What do you like best?

Ability to operate Grasshopper 100% via the internet.

What do you dislike?

That the app does not AUTO-SIGN in when I restart my computer. When I restart my computer, my skype auto logs in and I don't miss a call. When I restart my computer, if I forget (and I do) to restart and login to Grasshopper, I may miss a call or a text. Also...for some reason, I do NOT always get a Text message from companies that require me to receive a SMS from them to verify ownership and etc. Sometimes I get the SMS and sometimes I do NOT???

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grasshopper is pretty easy to set up and use. Gives me the ability to receive text messages from family and friends since I have NO other option because I travel abroad. Also, gives me the ability to receive security text messages (most of the time) from different business that require to send you a text, but I can't get it because I'm overseas...now I can. Grasshopper has given me the ability to have a business phone line regardless of where my travels take me. As long as I have internet and my PC, I'm back in business. I think Grasshopper is getting better and better.

I can have a phone line regardless of where I travel. As long as I have my computer and internet, I'm back in business.

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Great system for almost any sized business. "

What do you like best?

Grasshopper has several features that I like:

1. Customizable greetings. You can record your own or have them recorded for you.

2. Incoming calls can either be rolled over to the next line if not answered or programed to ring all lines at once with one or two clicks.

3. Easy to program and set up.

4. Great customer service. Any time I've had any issues (rare), they address it or help me fix it immediately when I call.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the cell phone app is a little slow to load initially (if you quit the app). Otherwise, it works pretty well and there's not much to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick the right plan...by that I mean, pick a plan that is the lowest amount you need for your spend. Because you can use Grasshopper over WiFi, many of the minutes you use do not count toward your total. Upgrade mid month if you're approaching the limit.

When we travel, we can forward it to someone else to answer calls while we're gone. We also have been able to email a voicemail to another person if they're better suited to handle the message. Voicemails are always emailed to you making this task very simple. You can also have your voice mail texted to you for a fee.

Grasshopper review by User

"Saves me money and grows my business"

What do you like best?

I love ALL of the features of Grasshopper. All. Of. Them. The app allows me to use my cell phone to manage my communications and not have to use my personal cell phone number. I love being able to receive incoming faxes and the ability to send business text messages too.

Anytime I've had to contact customer service the issue has been resolved almost immediately and the staff are always courteous. Thank you Grasshopper!

What do you dislike?

I wish you offered an outgoing fax feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will make it easier to manage your business communications, especially if you are a solo entrepreneur or a small company with a distributed team. The ability to receive calls and faxes to the app allows you to use your cell phone without giving up your personal privacy.

And the customer service is impeccable!

I have a business phone number I can give out that's not my cell phone. Having the app on my phone makes it easy to access voicemails and incoming faxes and saves the time to call in and retrieve voicemails. I also love having the incoming fax number (although it would be great if we could send out faxes too). And I love having the faxes come to my email so I can view it before even opening the app.

Grasshopper review by Steven Z.
Steven Z.

"Lets My Small Business Look Like a Big One"

What do you like best?

The website is easy to navigate, and gives me all the information I need quickly.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to call on my cell phone and have our Grasshopper number show up on caller ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app isn't as helpful as I'd like it to be, and I'd like to be able to call on my cell, and have our Grasshopper # show up in the receiver's Caller ID, but otherwise I am completely happy with the value we receive from Grasshopper!

Being able to track missed calls and seeing all of our faxes - with one convenient number is really efficient.

Grasshopper review by Keon M.
Keon M.

"Grasshopper is very helpful and convenient"

What do you like best?

I love the affordability, and the fact that I can call and get assistance when needed. I also like that you can add multiple lines.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I dislike. I can't think of much that I don't like. At least not enough to comment on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a professional number at a low cost, that is easy to use and gives great support use this product

It allows me to have a professional business number and not have people call my personal cell. This keeps my number both secure and private unless I want an individual to have it.

Grasshopper review by User

"Great Service, Great Value"

What do you like best?

It provides our company much more flexibility, yet costs us less money than we were paying with Verizon. It's easy to get in touch with a customer service person when we have a problem to solve.

What do you dislike?

Tweaking the right initial set up can be a little complicated and confusing, but the Grasshopper customer service people helped us and it's exactly how we want it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't freak out if you have an issue -- call the Grasshopper customer service people!

When our business went from a long-standing bricks and mortar space in NYC to an online-only e-commerce business, Grasshopper provided the perfect solution to meet our very specific needs. While our "office" had became de-centralized, we still wanted to assure our clients that the transition would not in any way effect the outstanding customer service and quick response we provided.

Grasshopper review by Micah N.
Micah N.

"easy and very accessible customer service"

What do you like best?

the attention I get when I call in with questions . . . I also like the fact that Grasshopper's service contains so much more than just a phone number. . . having the conference calling option is a huge plus for me.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing I dislike about Grasshopper. . . this is a very handy service for what I need out of a phone provider

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a simple and cost effective way for customers to reach your company

this is the best and most cost efficient way of getting my customers to call me

Grasshopper review by Kaytlyn G.
Kaytlyn G.

"Phone forwarding system"

What do you like best?

The set up process and the entire interface is so simple and easy to use. Once you have your phone numbers synced you have complete control so any changes can easily be made. The changes take affect immediately so there is no lag time if something needs to be updated.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything thus far that I have had issues with or that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so simple to use and the setup process is very smooth as well. The customer service has been great so far and the platform is very easy to set up and change with the click of a button.

We don't have huge call rates but we were in need of an 800 number for a campaign we were running. There wasn't a need to spend the time and money setting up a multiline phone system and this was the best solution for us.

Grasshopper review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Grasshopper is a excellent web based (PBX) phone management service"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper allows you to manage your company's phone extension, voicemail, and transfers with ease. You can forward to multiple numbers, have a fax, voicemail to text email and much more. We've used the service for over 5 years and never had an issue.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you try it and see for yourself. Great for startups and small business that expect to grow.

It allows us to have multiple extensions for sales, support, billing, etc. Plus we have an extension for each employee. Voicemail, etc.

Grasshopper review by Administrator

"Awesome, Easy To Use Phone Service"

What do you like best?

The call forwarding feature is awesome. It allows anyone at our company to work from anywhere and still not miss a call. Also, I love the fact that all users can dial out from our same business line. Additionally, it was great that we were able to transfer our phone number from our current service provider for free with no delay in receiving calls.

What do you dislike?

Would love for us to be able to send outgoing faxes in addition to receiving inbound faxes. This would be a great added feature, even if it cost a little extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grasshopper is the way to go if you are looking for a phone system that allows you to keep getting calls on the go and will allow you to transfer your current business phone number. Also, the service will allow everyone to dial out from any phone using your business line on the caller id.

It is great that we were able to set up extensions easily to be able to better serve our customers based on their needs and the call forwarding feature helps us to not miss a phone call. This allows us to provide better customer service. If a call is still missed then all users for that extension get an email with a voicemail, so the caller can be contacted back as soon as possible.

Grasshopper review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Wonderful, Easy to Manage Product"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper gives you the ability to manage and customize your company's phone system easily and at a great price point.

What do you dislike?

Only complaint would be the inability to distinguish a Grasshopper call from a direct call when using a cell phone, while still utilizing caller ID. If a current customer calls using our Grasshopper system, it would be nice to know that they 1. Called through Grasshopper and 2. Who exactly is calling.

In handling product sales it has been beneficial to have the ability to easily modify company main messages and after hours messages. As well as modify forwarding options on a time frame basis per employee. This way our new and existing clients always receive a professional and timely interaction with our staff.

Grasshopper review by Tim J.
Tim J.

"It's a great service for start-ups"

What do you like best?

It's lightweight, inexpensive, and flexible.

What do you dislike?

As we more formalize our office, there isn't a way to integrate it into physical phone for someone's desk. I have some employees who need a phone, but using their cell phone isn't an ideal solution for us. The soft-phone is an okay solution for now.

We have a business line that works no matter where we are. It allows for customer service after hours.

Grasshopper review by David R.
David R.

"My Grasshopper review"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup and the functionality of the apps.

What do you dislike?

That they keep playing around with pricing, I am a customer AND an affiliate and in the past year I think the prices have changed three times. It's hard to advertise the business if the prices keep changing :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good service. Geared towards small business on the go.

Having to carry only one phone for both personal and business calls.

Grasshopper review by Jesika B.
Jesika B.

"Not a fan"

What do you like best?

It has a fair amount of flexibility once you learn how to use it. You can record your own messages or use their editor. It's fairly easy to make your own greeting.

What do you dislike?

Not great customer support, it's rather expensive, and it offers nothing unique. My one experience with support was less than stellar as the woman sounded like she was 12 and had zero knowledge of the system. It was incredibly frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need the basics and don't mind not having much support, go for it.

We actually just switched from Grasshopper to RingCentral, so we are bundling our need for individual numbers for VOIP with web demo software, thus replacing both Grasshopper and gotomeeting.

Grasshopper review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Accessible Business Phone System"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily check business voicemails or call clients while away from the office. The transcription of voicemails makes it easy to prioritize my communication without having to spend time listening to each message.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no caller id for incoming calls, it just shows up as my office phone number calling me. Screening calls as they come in is nearly impossible.

My business operates with multiple independent contractors sharing office space, so it is impractical to have a physical phone system. Grasshopper allows us all to have our own phone extension so that our clients can contact us directly.

Grasshopper review by Holden T.
Holden T.

"Great way to manage phones for small businesses."

What do you like best?

Simple straight forward pricing, features and a great service. You pay a set fee depending on usage and you can easily rotate who gets called and set basic availability. Unlike most services there's not a per user fee which is perfect. We've been using Grasshopper for 2 years and it's just great.

What do you dislike?

We've had a few problems with dropped calls and quality of the line but their customer service was perfect. They waived our fee for several months while they worked to fix the problem. (We are a UK customer, and they were still new to the market). Other than that, no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grasshopper is perfect for medium sized organizations needing to share a few phone numbers. It's inexpensive and really a perfect product.

Managing a small business with multiple people answering one phone. Before this we had an insane system of who to call and when using call forwarding and all sorts of insanity. Grasshopper just worked. It was easy to setup and was immediately useful.

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Grasshopper support slow and unresonsive"

What do you like best?

Their startup rates don't appear to be bad. Options also appeared to be what I was looking for in a temporary phone system until the startup company would be in operation. If you don't like it under the 30 days, they will cancel the account. That was the only thing support did quickly, in less than three hours.

What do you dislike?

Unresponsive support. Contacted them first as phone calls did not show company name, only town which made the calls look like they were coming from a telemarketer. First contact with support asked about this problem. The response was we need your PIN number. Nothing about the problem in question, just we need your PIN number. I provided the pin number, and the response a day or two later was positive, and I provided the company name we wanted to have. No response, no correction. I followed up again, and again, two weeks later no response, no correction. If I can't get support to respond or address a problem, I don't want to entrust them with my phone service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to try it out do so using an available (new) phone number. If all works well, then spend the additional funds to transfer over any business number. You don't want to move your real number over, find out it doesn't work, or in my case, poor support, and then have to move it again. With a new or test number, if you don't like it, you can easily drop it and be done with it.

Needs a centralized local and 800 number for a startup. Utilizing cell & various home/office numbers to contact associates does not work.

Grasshopper review by User in Internet

"Perfect for a Small Business - keep your mobile number private!"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to have multiple phones connected to one number. If I happen to miss a call coming in, it will go directly to my colleague to take so we won't miss any inbounds.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the site and our internal view is a little difficult to navigate, I set up multiple bookmarks so I go directly to the pages I need most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super simple, it gets the job done. I would give them a chance!

We do not have physical phones so we have to use our mobile phones for incoming calls. We have to put a number on our website, and nobody wants to volunteer to put their private phone number up.

Grasshopper review by Administrator

"Provided all features needed to use as support number"

What do you like best?

I like that it is possible to forward a call to multiple numbers, and easily change which numbers are receiving calls. It is easy to track calls and report on how many have been received, and the amount of time spent on calls.

What do you dislike?

It can take a while to understand where to find certain settings and features

We were using one number for our support line, that was based in one location, and had to be physically logged into. This caused issues when staff could not get to work or were working off site. Grasshopper has enabled us to successfully run a helpdesk from any location with ease.

Grasshopper review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

The flexibility that Grasshopper offers can't be matched. I have never seen another service provider that offers what they do at the prices they have. If you are a small mobile business this is definitely the way to go while you grow.

What do you dislike?

If their is one thing I can say that I don't like that would be the lack of security. It seems pretty easy to be able to get into another persons account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them!

With their services I can be anywhere, do anything at anytime I and receive or transfer a call like I would in my office.

Grasshopper review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Great way to manage calls with a central number and look professional in sales"

What do you like best?

If you're in B2B sales you need to publish your phone number (and it better be toll-free), but this raises a lot of problems as your sales team scales. What happens if you fire someone, transition someone, need off-hours, etc? You will shortly realize that it's better to have a central number with extensions that you can always control, but that seems daunting to set up.

Grasshopper makes all of that easy, Get up and running with an 800 number in under ten minutes. You can admin all of the extensions and messages, access voicemail, fax, etc. through the web and app. The android app (can't speak for iOS) works for making calls through the 800 number as well, which is pretty awesome (but also counts towards your minutes per month!).

It's only $12 a month to start with pay as you go for the minutes, which isn't terrible. The $24 plan has 500 minutes which is more than enough for a SaaS SMB. Very simple UI you really can't mess up, too.

What do you dislike?

No free trial kind of sucked, but I luckily had access to $100 to test it out via our company's accelerator. The problem once signed up is they try to convince you to pay for many upsells - they'll record your base message for $75, you can get transcribed voice mail for $10 a month (Really? My personal carrier does this for free), simultaneous call forward etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try on the $12 a month plan. You can likely get $100 free credit somewhere like rewardlii or f6s if you're a member, or just google around for codes so you don't have to pay to try. It works, it's solid, and your customers will be greatful

Number/agent management, voice mail, providing toll free calling for customers, directing calls to relevant employees, providing a professional experience.

Grasshopper review by User in Higher Education

"Best on windows, pending improvement in Mac OS"

What do you like best?

It allows for easy logical operations and parametric modeling. The product ships with tools that can be used to do a lot, while allowing users to install unlimited plugins that suit their specific area of use

What do you dislike?

The memory consumption becomes huge once large amount of data is entered. In grasshopper alone, it's impossible to deal with large projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure plugins work for Mac OS platform

It allows for fast prototyping and manipulation. The solar studies and environmental analysis plugins allow design to be site specific.

Grasshopper review by Janet T.
Janet T.

"Good Phone Service"

What do you like best?

Notification that I have a message, shortly after a voicemail is left.

What do you dislike?

There are glitches from time to time and I don’t receive any notification.

I’m a small business that needs an 800 number. It’s been a great service for allowing me to appear like a larger business at an affordable price. Being able to customize greetings is also great!

Grasshopper review by Katherine W.
Katherine W.

"Grasshopper great for small law office"

What do you like best?

Ability to call and receive calls from multiple phones

What do you dislike?

It is frustrating that you must be using the phone app to manage texts. It would be helpful to be able to text from a web browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your office uses smart phones with this system if you would like to use the texting feature.

Using personal phones without giving personal number to clients

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Nice VOIP"

What do you like best?

It’s very easy to add/delete extensions, route calls to employees’ cell phones, receive faxes via email notification. I like the spell by name directory feature. This feature has proven helpful when employees have left. We don’t have to constantly update the recording

What do you dislike?

I would add more variety to the hold music selection. Being able to upload personalized selections would be a nice feature. Other than that, I really don’t have any dislikes. Grasshopper has proven to be an all around great choice

We gave up our landline and the cost/maintenance associated with it. I can very easily manage office closures and temp workers.

Grasshopper review by User

"It has been an inexpensive way to address my business needs."

What do you like best?

The price and the fact that there is a very easy way to route incoming calls.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic way to route client calls if you have a mobile office.

The problem is that I primarily use my cell phone for business and I do not want everyone who needs to reach me to have my personal cell phone number. I especially love the ability to easily listen to the messages left to me since they are emailed to me. It is a huge time saver!

Grasshopper review by User in Financial Services

"Great Product...Especially When Telecommuting "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Grasshopper is the fact that I can add multiple phone numbers and then choose which number I want my calls to route to. This is great since I work from home a few times a week.

I also like that I receive an email when I have a new voicemail. It helps keeps me on track.

What do you dislike?

At first I had a hard time adding my office line. For some reason, Grasshopper wouldn't accept the 866 number and extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Possibly get a better talk to text for voicemail. Sometimes the words are a bit jumbled. Obviously I can just listen to the actual message, but when I am in meetings or in a seminar, it helps to be able to read the messages.

I don't always have to check my work voicemail box. When I'm on the go, I know that my calls will be route to my cell so I don't miss a thing!

Grasshopper review by Michael S. L.
Michael S. L.

"So far so good."

What do you like best?

I like that I have an 800 number to show the market that I am nationally available. I like the professionalism attached by having the 800 number. I like that the system forwards the calls to my cell phone, which is my primary phone, and allows me to not miss potential sales calls.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing, but it worth it at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give grasshopper a try. It's a great product especially if you do not have a large office with over 10 people. Grasshopper provides a corporate telecom system to small business owners for an affordable rate.

I'm able to take sales calls through the United States.

Grasshopper review by Efren O.
Efren O.

"Good so far!"

What do you like best?

It allows me to paste a phone number to call rather than using a phone and dial every time I will a new contact.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't allow me to mute myself while listening to the person I am calling.

It gives me time to call more people in a day. Saves my time too.

Grasshopper review by Philipp N. N.
Philipp N. N.

"Super easy, functional and economic product"

What do you like best?

It's a great app and it does what it is supposed to be doing.

What do you dislike?

So far there is really nothing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy and straight forward. Prices are rather low.

We use grasshopper to receive inbound phone calls as we don't have a landline for our company in our current coworking space.

"Perfect solution!"

What do you like best?

It works! We tried a few other systems but this was the most hassle-free and it simply works. It's done our business a great service.

What do you dislike?

I dislike what I think makes the system work so great, it's a forwarding system. It was a bit clunky and odd figuring out how to forward certain calls to certain employees since it's forwarding. Once we got it figured out it works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a forwarding system, but it works great!

It's our main line of communication with customers and new leads.

Grasshopper review by Billy H.
Billy H.

"Great product - Little steep on the pricing for my liking"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper hosts a suite of information, features, and support for its users. They're constantly looking to provide their customers with an edge by offering valuable resources for step 1 of their process.

- Even before you sign up, you're still able to use their templates and information for SMBs

- The Ability to pick between Toll free numbers or Local numbers, or both!

- Voicemail to text transcription & voicemail sent to your email (Both great for my usage)

- You're able to text from your business number as well as call out, no need to grab 2 phones anymore for your business

What do you dislike?

While Grasshopper offers a host of features that are valuable to any size business, they definitely do it at a premium compared to some other providers. If money isn't your biggest factor (Which it probably is if you're reading this deep into reviews), then go ahead and grab grasshopper! They do have different plans, and most of them offer all of the same features, but it's no fun to be limited on your minutes used when you're paying $24/mo. (That's only 500 minutes)

Recommendations to others considering the product

As stated in other parts of my review, get this service if you're primarily apart of a SMB and want the service and productivity that it offers. Don't get it if you can't handle the price.

Grasshopper has not only made me sound far more professional by adopting it's call-center features and Toll-free numbers, but it has also increased my productivity a noticeable amount. The ability to get voicemails and direct clients through some prompts has saved me a whole load of time.

"Grasshopper is great"

What do you like best?

Grasshopper provides us with a way to always receive our calls regardless of where we are. Having a real 800 number makes us more efficient and professional. Pricing is very affordable also.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike, the only improvement I would make would be faster voicemail notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great and is very affordable

It solves the problem of needing a full time employee to answer the phone at the office. We can spend our time and money on other things our business needs.

Grasshopper review by S.William P.
S.William P.

"Fantastic Service"

What do you like best?

The rates and the customer service are the best. The fee I paid for the professional voice over for my line was well worth it!

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t anything I dislike . I have had now issues to remark on

The problem I am solving is having a dedicated line separate from my personal number, that is very affordable and lejfrssional .

One huge benefit is that the Grasshopper line routes to my cell so I am always connected to my business if needed

Grasshopper review by Betsy T.
Betsy T.

"Great phone system for small business"

What do you like best?

I like how we were able to set up press 1 for English and press 2 for Spanish. Can track all calls and offer professional voice studio. Makes your company look very professional.

What do you dislike?

Setting up everything. Other than that there is not much we do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small business and especially if you have multiple languages.

I realized you do have to press one in order to have your professional voicemail set up. Without it will go to your personal email.

Grasshopper review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

" Overall a great experience. Very professional and easy to manage. "

What do you like best?

I like the call health access the best. Courteous staff is always available via phone or email to make on the fly changes to my phone answering and administrative Protocol.

What do you dislike?

The cost for additional administrative tasks and the cost of minutes seems a little bit high.

I use Grasshopper for virtual secretary services for my medical practice. This includes scheduling, answering urgent phone calls, scanning in medical records and intake forms and connecting me to patients with her urgent issues.

Grasshopper review by Caspar S.
Caspar S.

"Unable to sign in to android mobile app; support useless"

What do you like best?

Looks simple and easy to administer online

What do you dislike?

Numerous attempts to make mobile app work failed despite three different solutions proposed by help desk.

The mobile app is required to make outgoing calls on the number so the system is useless to me without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check if the mobile app works for you. It is in beta and I could not get it to allow me to log in despite several messages from the help desk.

Trying to direct incoming calls to a central number and distribute them to people with various mobile numbers.

Grasshopper review by LEE ANN A.
LEE ANN A.

"I love Grasshopper!"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of forwarding my calls. I like the voice mails converted to emails.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Grasshopper at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You can't go wrong.!

More cost effective for my business.

Grasshopper review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great option for a virtual phone number"

What do you like best?

Saving $$. Ease of use, user friendly interface. Desktop app is a nice new addition.

What do you dislike?

Extras all cost you an extra $10/month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use and set up. Get the desktop app - that makes things really easy to manage. One downside: to get extra features (like voicemail to text/email or SMS) they are all an extra $10/month.

Able to drop having an actual business phone. We're saving money and can easily access voice mail.

Grasshopper review by Ashley Smith  V.
Ashley Smith V.

"I love grasshopper "

What do you like best?

I now can work from home schedulei g appointments for our company! Calls are directed to my cell and everything stays professional. Grasshopper is perfect for small business owners!

What do you dislike?

The app lags a bit. When I miss a call, it is hard to tell if it was business or person toghtvthat moment. The app takes about 1-2 min to update

Our office manager now has more time for operations vs answering phone calls

Grasshopper review by Alicia B.
Alicia B.

"Grasshopper for RE"

What do you like best?

The ability to use my phone for business without having to give out my personal number

What do you dislike?

There is no faxing capabilities to send documents

Able to have a business line without the additional phone expense

Grasshopper review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great Option for Mobile Workplace Phone System"

What do you like best?

I really have loved this product soup to nuts. My company is 100% virtual and I had trouble initialing trying to find a phone system option because we are in retail and do still get customers calling in.

What do you dislike?

I have had no problems whatsoever from transporting my original #800 number to pricing and transcription options

Recommendations to others considering the product

It truly simplifies doing business remotely

Grasshopper lets me take my retail business and customers anywhere n the world with me

Grasshopper review by Consultant

"Phenomenal Service for Small and Large Companies"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease of use, automatic email alerts for missed calls and the quick-access app.

What do you dislike?

I truly wish the voice-to-text and sms messages were included as a bundle vs separate add-ons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you won't regret it.

We have filtered our calls through the extensions, which saves at least 2-3 minutes per call, clarifying the core reason for the prospect, partner, or clients call. Streamlining our time saves money.

Learn more about Grasshopper

Grasshopper Videos

Grasshopper Downloads

Learning about Grasshopper?

* We monitor all Grasshopper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(93 reviews)