Greenhouse

Greenhouse

The platform built to help you get better at recruiting. Find better talent, conduct more meaningful interviews and get the data you need to improve your process and make the right decisions, faster.

Work for Greenhouse?

Learning about Greenhouse?

Greenhouse Reviews

Ask Greenhouse a Question
Showing 162 Greenhouse reviews
Greenhouse review by <span>Hassan A.</span>
Hassan A.

Makes recruiting pipelines a breeze

What do you like best?

GH is 'the standard' ATS at all the startups I've worked in, and I brought it with me here. The UI is clean and easy to use, and it makes collaboration across functions very easy

What do you dislike?

Where it's still struggling is integrations with LinkedIn and Google Apps, as both are part of our recruiting flow. We source via LI Recruiter into Projects, but there no easy way to create profiles based off that - they need to be created manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider their new product, Greenhouse CRM, as well

Managing recruiting pipelines and running a tight process. Losing a candidate because they weren't contacted in time, or making a bad hire because notes weren't capture systematically can have disastrous consequences. If you believe getting the right engineer (for example) increases your enterprise value by $500K, and GH has 10% attribute, the value created is $50K per hire.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Greenhouse
Greenhouse review by <span>Ryan v.</span>
Ryan v.

Best applicant tool ever!

What do you like best?

Greenhouse makes applicant screening, interviewing, rejecting and hiring a breeze with an extremely intuitive interface.

The collaborative features make it easy for multiple interviewers to see thoughts, notes and scoring of other interviewers.

Really helpful feature is the time estimate on reviewing resumes based on your prior "minutes per resume" - this helps when you are looking for time to review. Greenhouse will let you know to get through your next group, it will take you X minutes. Allows you to block off time without having to stop midway through.

Overall its a very well thought out solution with many features to make the process a breeze and is definitely the best tool I have used to date.

What do you dislike?

Only dislikes in the system (which may be user error) are when you cannot find your interview kit on your dashboard. This could be due to how the recruiter setup the interview in the system - but its frustrating when you walk in for the interview and can't find the resume and scorecard.

Another nice feature would be if you find a great resume on your job that would be great for another job, allowing you to push that resume into that job opening.

Greenhouse creates tons of efficiency - bottom line

Once you have it setup and working and your workflows are built out - you can use it all the way from hiring to on-boarding.

We used to each to interviews and then meet as a group to discuss the candidate - this would waste hours of time and slow the process down trying to nail down 5 peoples schedules.

With Greenhouse, we can all see each others notes and collaborate there saving time, and unnecessary meetings.

One of my favorites... no more paper resumes!! Having everything digital is so much smoother and also prevents your junior managers from writing something "silly" on a paper resume and leaving on their desk for everyone to see. The added layer of privacy is very beneficial.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Greenhouse review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.
G2 Gives Campaign

Wish We'd Used Greenhouse a long time ago...

What do you like best?

Greenhouse is a fantastic tool to keep all our applicants straight. It's super easy to use and allows HR to guide the process of review from early applicant entry all the way through to interview and final evaluation. We have alot of steps to the hiring process and often multiple people weighing in on the decision. This makes that whole messy process super easy.

What do you dislike?

None. Super intuitive and really easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did our homework on this and Greenhouse kept coming up on top. Do the same thing, but I suspect you'll find that your needs are fully met by Greenhouse.

Before Greenhouse we'd collaborate over email and try to track with spreadsheets. Interview discussion follow up was limited to grabbing five minutes after an interview and very little was actually tracked. This is allowing us to make better, smarter decisions about our applicants. And it saves a ton of admin time for our HR team. Love the website integration!!

Greenhouse review by <span>Christian F.</span>
Christian F.

Tracking referrals and job candidates

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily submitted referrals that would be a good fit for open roles and follow their progress. It's easy for me to enter notes when interviewing candidates.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't see a lot of details into why someone was ruled out right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great ATS for midsize to enterprise organizations or small businesses who plan to grow or are in a high growth mode. We utilized Greenhouse to grow from 0 to 1600 employees within 3 years.

It makes it easier for us to find and track qualified potential new employees. It's made it much easier to submit and track referrals and because of the system a large amount of my co-workers got here through recommendations. It makes the life of our sourcers/recruiters a lot easier.

Greenhouse review by <span>Toby P.</span>
Toby P.

Robust, User friendly, Highly Collaborative, and Overall the Best ATS I've Ever Used

What do you like best?

You can tell Greenhouse was built by teams that get the challenges of recruiting. The product is intuitive in the data it collects, and efficient in allowing you to work through a high volume of openings while staying organized and on top of all your candidates. It also encourages company-wide collaborating between hiring teams and non-manager users alike.

What do you dislike?

While the reporting functionality is easy to use, and there are a number of useful options out of the box - I wish the reports could be customized more. It would also be nice to have a built in boolean search functionality to look back on candidates who have applied before and send out targeted recruiting campaigns. This is the one area that our prior ATS/a Greenhouse competitor did better.

Communication and decision making within hiring teams. Recruiting and interview coordination. Recruiting and hiring analytics.

Greenhouse review by <span>Colleen A.</span>
Colleen A.

Greenhouse is by far my favorite ATS

What do you like best?

User friendly - this system doesn't require an extensive training process to start using.

I was able to use it within an hour. I have used it several times in all sorts of ways for clients with full access or agency access.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about it? It's my favorite ATS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations per se, but new users if you need help the account managers at Greenhouse are wonderful resources!

We are using it for our clients - solving the issues of tracking many candidates for at least 10 open reqs.

Helps us get feedback faster / easier from the hiring managers and the ability to track progress.

We also use it to see which recruiter submitted which candidate and when.

Learn more about Greenhouse

Greenhouse Videos

Learning about Greenhouse?

* We monitor all Greenhouse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.