As a performance focused digital marketing agency, our objective is to find as many smart technological solutions as possible to better understand what's working, what isn't and what to do next. And we need to have this across several channels that are each important to success with modern SEO. I consider gShift among the most important tools available to help as it's capable of providing both a big picture overview and the nitty gritty deeper-dive details.
To properly serve our clients, comprehensive SEO, content and social analysis is a must for smart, data driven decision making. But to do it properly has traditionally been highly time intensive. What initially drove our agency toward gShift was its ability to bring together this info in one place, eliminating low-value tasks like data collection and allowing more focus to be placed on important items like generating actionable insights and workflows.
Some of the items that gShift does very well are:
1. Measuring organic search rankings for a large number of different countries, at the national and city level. This is vital for agencies with global clients.
2. Separating local rankings
3. Specifying individual ranking URLs by keyword
4. Competitor performance and activity monitoring
5. Continuous rollouts of new features as the SEO landscape moves and changes
6. Regular offers to provide additional education on how to get the most from the platform
I personally consider gShift to be an outstanding web presence analytics platform and SEO software solution, and highly recommend it.
I would like link data to be as comprehensive as ahrefs, Majestic or CogntiveSEO, which is not yet the case.