Guidebook

Guidebook allows organizations to create mobile guides to their events and venues.

Work for Guidebook?

Showing 21 Guidebook reviews
Guidebook review by <span>Katy K.</span>
Katy K.

Easy to Use App for Small Staffs

What do you like best?

Guidebook has been a great platform for our association's Annual Meeting. It is easy to set up on the planners end, and easy for the attendees to use. Each year new options are added that make Guidebook better and better.

What do you dislike?

My only request for a change would be to allow the planner to save one edit and move on to the next (for example, when editing the schedule it would be great to edit one event then automatically go to the next event on the calendar for edits).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, you will love it! Each feature can be personalized and edited at anytime, so you cannot make a mistake!

Prior to Guidebook, we had never used a meeting app. Guidebook gives us one more way to connect with our attendees by giving access to critical information at their fingertips.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guidebook
Guidebook review by <span>Maryam Q.</span>
Maryam Q.

First time user

What do you like best?

I like the easy accessibility in being able to set up events and patrons attending the event are able to download the app and access it the day of the event. I also like the customer service and being able to chat with them online if there is an issue

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the inability to delete the time and type it out, you actually have to change the time with your keyboards

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use and customer support is awesome having online chat support

Being able to see multiple things happening on campus and giving access to people who are attending the event

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

Guidebook review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

Horrible app with poor customer service/reaction for medium sized event

What do you like best?

Visually nice. Customer service was somewhat supportive, but didn't not work weekends for an event that started on Monday.

What do you dislike?

Software bugs, limitations in capability, expensive. I was hoping to have better support, since there were a lot of scheduling publishing issues. They gave me a customer service rep that sat on the west coast, when our event was on the east coast so there was always a 3 hours delay in any sort of fixes I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a very small event this might be a good app, but it was not capable of handling our event of 120+ people. I had to publish schedules and it didn't work whatsoever, so there was always at least a 24 hr lead time to get changes reflected. They gave me a customer service rep that sat on the west coast when my event was on the east coast, so there was a huge delay in timing and since I needed them to publish any changes it created massive delays. I asked for a partial refund and was told if I would like to use them again they can offer me 50% off of the 3,500 that I had spent.

We were trying to organize a meeting for 150+ people and in theory the app would have been great, but the only thing that ended up being good was the videos section.

Guidebook review by <span>Stacey W.</span>
Stacey W.

Guidebook made the conference easy!

What do you like best?

I used Guidebook at a conference last year and loved the ease and portability of it! Rather than having to remember to carry the conference program with me at all times I could use the app on my phone to look at the agenda, bios of the speakers, and connect with other folks at the conference. It was a great networking tool!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes to the conference agenda were not easily found or stated. I"m not sure if that was a shortcoming of the app or the conference organizers.

Guidebook optimizes conference attendance which is a huge benefit because it allows you to be more strategic about the talks you see and the people you connect with.

Guidebook review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

Very pleased with this service

What do you like best?

It was very easy to use and to assign roles to multiple users. Previously we used posters and signs to advertise the events and Guidebook made it super easy to change event information and update participants in real time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Clean interface, easy to use, a technology that both students and faculty are familiar with and could access easily. The price is a bit expensive but it was well worth it when we factored in reduced printing costs and manpower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider cost-sharing with other units on campus.

We collaborate with units across campus to host the Diversity Education Week. Often times, proposals are received late (after we've gone to print or the website is live) and we had to turn down those proposals. Using Guidebook has eliminated this issue as we are able to continue to accept proposals and add them to the guidebook once marketing has begun. There is even a feature that allowed us to push notifications to participants when a new event was added.

Guidebook review by <span>Kelsey C.</span>
Kelsey C.

Simple to build and user friendly

What do you like best?

Guidebook is extremely easy to build and edit. I am able to easily explain to co-workers how to utilize their online system to build apps for our event attendees.

What do you dislike?

Edits to a event guide have to be made on their desktop version only. This makes editing difficult while we are on the ground.

Our event attendees have moved on from paper materials and want everything to be accessible from their cell phones. Guidebook is an excellent solution for moving information that we typically print for our attendees to an electronic version.

Learning about Guidebook?

* We monitor all Guidebook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.