Guidebook

Guidebook allows organizations to create mobile guides to their events and venues.

Work for Guidebook?

Learning about Guidebook?

Guidebook Reviews

Ask Guidebook a Question
Showing 22 Guidebook reviews
Guidebook review by <span>Katy K.</span>
Katy K.

"Easy to Use App for Small Staffs"

What do you like best?

Guidebook has been a great platform for our association's Annual Meeting. It is easy to set up on the planners end, and easy for the attendees to use. Each year new options are added that make Guidebook better and better.

What do you dislike?

My only request for a change would be to allow the planner to save one edit and move on to the next (for example, when editing the schedule it would be great to edit one event then automatically go to the next event on the calendar for edits).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, you will love it! Each feature can be personalized and edited at anytime, so you cannot make a mistake!

Prior to Guidebook, we had never used a meeting app. Guidebook gives us one more way to connect with our attendees by giving access to critical information at their fingertips.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Guidebook
Guidebook review by <span>Maryam Q.</span>
Maryam Q.

"First time user"

What do you like best?

I like the easy accessibility in being able to set up events and patrons attending the event are able to download the app and access it the day of the event. I also like the customer service and being able to chat with them online if there is an issue

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the inability to delete the time and type it out, you actually have to change the time with your keyboards

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use and customer support is awesome having online chat support

Being able to see multiple things happening on campus and giving access to people who are attending the event

What Mobile Event Apps solution do you use?

Guidebook review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Good Overall."

What do you like best?

Generally easy to use, but limited options for custom theming and layout. Basically, you can do almost all of the schedule construction, strands/tracks, basic categorization and text input via web based forms. Most of the user networking features are outsourced to source systems like Twitter, Facebook, etc. The app gets deployed to the appstore and to the web portal which is nice. On-the-fly updates posted to the LIVE app is convenient and often necessary when scheduling changes due to unforseen contingencies on the day of the event itself.

What do you dislike?

Object linking requires export-import. Entering speakers requires you to create a custom list which then needs to be linked by exporting a CSV and importing it back with mappings using their internal keys. You'd think that this would be a built-in feature, but otherwise easy to use and ramp up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good product, but somewhat expensive; best negotiate a 3 year contract and get a competitive discount.

It's been excellent for our annual Educational Technology Conference of about 400 attendees.

Guidebook review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Horrible app with poor customer service/reaction for medium sized event"

What do you like best?

Visually nice. Customer service was somewhat supportive, but didn't not work weekends for an event that started on Monday.

What do you dislike?

Software bugs, limitations in capability, expensive. I was hoping to have better support, since there were a lot of scheduling publishing issues. They gave me a customer service rep that sat on the west coast, when our event was on the east coast so there was always a 3 hours delay in any sort of fixes I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a very small event this might be a good app, but it was not capable of handling our event of 120+ people. I had to publish schedules and it didn't work whatsoever, so there was always at least a 24 hr lead time to get changes reflected. They gave me a customer service rep that sat on the west coast when my event was on the east coast, so there was a huge delay in timing and since I needed them to publish any changes it created massive delays. I asked for a partial refund and was told if I would like to use them again they can offer me 50% off of the 3,500 that I had spent.

We were trying to organize a meeting for 150+ people and in theory the app would have been great, but the only thing that ended up being good was the videos section.

Guidebook review by <span>Stacey W.</span>
Stacey W.

"Guidebook made the conference easy!"

What do you like best?

I used Guidebook at a conference last year and loved the ease and portability of it! Rather than having to remember to carry the conference program with me at all times I could use the app on my phone to look at the agenda, bios of the speakers, and connect with other folks at the conference. It was a great networking tool!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes to the conference agenda were not easily found or stated. I"m not sure if that was a shortcoming of the app or the conference organizers.

Guidebook optimizes conference attendance which is a huge benefit because it allows you to be more strategic about the talks you see and the people you connect with.

Guidebook review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Very pleased with this service"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to use and to assign roles to multiple users. Previously we used posters and signs to advertise the events and Guidebook made it super easy to change event information and update participants in real time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Clean interface, easy to use, a technology that both students and faculty are familiar with and could access easily. The price is a bit expensive but it was well worth it when we factored in reduced printing costs and manpower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider cost-sharing with other units on campus.

We collaborate with units across campus to host the Diversity Education Week. Often times, proposals are received late (after we've gone to print or the website is live) and we had to turn down those proposals. Using Guidebook has eliminated this issue as we are able to continue to accept proposals and add them to the guidebook once marketing has begun. There is even a feature that allowed us to push notifications to participants when a new event was added.

Guidebook review by <span>Kelsey C.</span>
Kelsey C.

"Simple to build and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Guidebook is extremely easy to build and edit. I am able to easily explain to co-workers how to utilize their online system to build apps for our event attendees.

What do you dislike?

Edits to a event guide have to be made on their desktop version only. This makes editing difficult while we are on the ground.

Our event attendees have moved on from paper materials and want everything to be accessible from their cell phones. Guidebook is an excellent solution for moving information that we typically print for our attendees to an electronic version.

Guidebook review by <span>Jordan P.</span>
Jordan P.

"Guidebook for Higher Education"

What do you like best?

I love using Guidebook for my job at Clemson University. It is extremely user friendly but if you have a question or a concern, their customer service staff is quick to respond with easy to follow instructions. The interface is sleek and modern which makes it very appealing to all users. It looks like it took a lot longer to create than it actually did.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little challenging to be patient when you are waiting for the guide to publish after making a change, just be sure to plan ahead when making big/noticeable changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Guidebook, it is very user friendly to create and even more user friendly to its users once it is complete! I strongly encourage offices to be creative and figure out how they can utilize the services within already existing programming. You can create a guide with up to 200 downloads free of charge which is a great way to test it out before committing!

Guidebook is the best way for me to share scheduling information for training with 170 resident assistants, and over 30 staff members. It allows students to utilize their devices productively and allows us to share information quickly and sustainably.

Guidebook review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"I've only had positive experiences using Guidebook."

What do you like best?

I like that I could essentially create my own app and be creative.

What do you dislike?

I had to use this specifically for a class so I wasn't able to use it enough to find something I disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please RESEARCH this before starting to use Guidebook. It's extremely important that you realize that everything having to do with this app is new to a lot of consumers. The more you know, the more you're able to accomplish by using it/ creating apps through it. I've only had good experiences but part of my experiences come from having to know a lot about Guidebook itself to be able to completely use it to it's full advantage.

Well, my job has been trying to figure out new ways of recruiting and creating a new app was one of the ideas.

Guidebook review by User in Higher Education

"Your all in one event management app!"

What do you like best?

Guidebook has one of the most professional event management platforms available. There are huge features ranging from customizing colors to managing huge data sets. Although it seems overwhelming at first, the customer service at Guidebook is top notch! They also offer ongoing options for schools through Guidebook Edu that are really unmatched in functionality and aesthetic.

What do you dislike?

Guidebook is the best, but you pay for it! If you are also looking for an app last minute, Guidebook is not for you. There is a several week delay for onboarding data and customization, so look elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to the customer service team if you are unsure about anything. Customer service at guidebook is fantastic and they will work with you to get your app how you want it.

We were looking to rebuild our brand, increase communication, and share/store many events and event-related information. We were really impressed with the options that Guidebook put forward.

Guidebook review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Guidebook is a terrific service."

What do you like best?

Guidebook is a great service that looks to elevate customer care and ease of use with their products. It was super simple to use and an enjoyable experience from start to finish with little problems in between.

What do you dislike?

Guidebook is definitely not the cheapest in the event app market. Be prepared to pay a bit more for the service/ease of use that you're getting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be mindful again of cost and ease of use with the type of product you are wanting to create in this case.

We were trying to solve getting an appropriate event app for our annual events and looking for a service that would help our users as well as help our upper management use this when necessary.

Guidebook review by <span>Sandra B.</span>
Sandra B.

"Great to Use"

What do you like best?

Setting up a guidebook was incredibly easy. I was able to set it up and then hand it off to non-techy staff. They had no problems making updates or using it.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty finding guides if you have a org-specific account.

Wanting a guide for an event that can be updated on the go, also reducing/eliminating paper guides

Guidebook review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Fantastic for conferences big or small!"

What do you like best?

The ease with which the app could be used. It doesn't matter what level of tech savyness you posses.

What do you dislike?

some of the tabs were unnecessary but I'm not sure whether that is due to the app or the individual who set up the conference profile

networking, information exchange, file sharing, organisation of info, group guidance, communication, etc.

Guidebook review by <span>Richa S.</span>
Richa S.

"Best Software Ever"

What do you like best?

The guidebook let you to create your own app without any coding skills. Loving it.

What do you dislike?

Need more diversity in the application such as user should be able to make more customize application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read all the way through the instructions first and then start your way to build.

The content management system was intuitive and easy to use.

Guidebook review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Great Resource for Conferences"

What do you like best?

I like that I can just go to the app to sign-up for sessions, access supporting materials, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes - it fits my needs well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who are using the product - it is helpful if presentations are uploaded prior to a session.

Moving away from large packets for conferences.

Guidebook review by <span>Alex N.</span>
Alex N.

"Good technology for specific uses"

What do you like best?

Allows users to be engaged in the event through a mobile app, works smoothly, and is effective for it's stated purpose

What do you dislike?

Honestly it's always worked very well for me, so no complaints here.

Connectivity for events

Mobile application/dynamic schedule that can be adapted

Guidebook review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Going Green at NPN Conference"

What do you like best?

Guidebook was super user-friendly and easy to navigate. I felt great knowing that I wasn't using a printed agenda for three days.

What do you dislike?

Tracking between concurrent sessions was a little clunky, but not so much that it detracted from usability.

I was able to navigate the conference from my smartphone. This was much easier than waiting to get to the conference to look through the printed agenda, or having to jump on a computer and access the website.

Guidebook review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to transfer my schedule straight from my spreadsheet. also it made communicating with the training attendees easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to add reviews and surveys to each presentation. my events was small so I did not pay for the upgraded version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend giving it a try!

it helps us with the organization of our training and keep the organizers and attendees on the same page.

Guidebook review by Administrator in International Affairs
Administrator in International Affairs

"Guidebook: Everything you need in an event app"

What do you like best?

Guidebook is easy to use, clear to navigate, and free for most basic functions. My organization uses it at nearly every conference.

What do you dislike?

I've occasionally had problems uploading lists due to formatting. It also takes quite a bit of time and knowledge to be able to upload images to accompany a list.

We were trying to reduce paper usage at our conferences in an effort to be more environmentally friendly and reduce printing costs, and Guidebook helped us out on both counts.

Guidebook review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Guidebook review"

What do you like best?

The way that I could use it on my phone was great.

What do you dislike?

We had trouble with it not updating the members selections for the breakout sessions that they chose. That caused a problem at the workshop and we had to have members sign up again using a piece of paper on a fold out table.

I am just trying to make registration to our annual workshop more efficient.

Guidebook review by User in Computer Software

"Great way to have an app for an event"

What do you like best?

The app is very intuitive and is flexible to meet the needs of the event being used for

What do you dislike?

You can’t have a custom app it requires the use of the guidebook app and then download the event

Helped users with agenda building at conferences

Guidebook review by User in Higher Education

"Guidebook"

What do you like best?

I love this app. It is easy to use and was incredible for sharing information with new students.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high but I really did not feel it was much higher than what we were paying to print.

Sustainability.

Learning about Guidebook?

* We monitor all Guidebook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.